Speaker 1: Greetings my friends. Yeah, this beguiling lute solo will ease your metamorphoses.
Speaker 2: It's a tape.
Speaker 3: Mine must have said it to go off when the chrysalis is hatched.
Speaker 2: Now, if I may minute your mother's beating, call clown a.
Speaker 1: Cloud, Click clo clown again. Thank you, four finger discount dude, welcome to four figure discount where this week we're going to be reviewing episode fourteen of season nineteen of the Simpsons.
Speaker 2: It is dial and for murder. I'm Deno and I am mighty whitey whitey whitey. Okay, guys, yes, do you wear tidy whities? Never have? Actually? Now count anyma. I want jocks. We call them jox here we do go on job. Of course I wore jocks. Blue ringers, we used to call them when I was a young man. Yeah, blue en doctor puses. They're the deadly ones, right, blue en doctor pus. Well they were very unpleasant. I thought they could kill you, blue end doctor puss. They possibly can. Everything can kill you in Australia. Everything can kill you in Australia, including podcasting. Yes, stop pushing me so harsh schedules. Yes, no, I wore what Americans called Tardi white is. But they had blue rings around the say around the rim. But you don't want to be talking about underpants and rim in the same sentence. Not on this podcast anyway. Tune into the four figure discount after midnight. Yeah, but the waistband, That's what I was thinking. What if they call you the rim? I've got no idea. I've got a rim on the brain. Again, don't do that. But I wore blue ringers. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a young man who didn't. Back when we were growing up. They sound I'm not popular, I have to wear boxer shorts. They sound like a brand of condoms. Blue ringers, blue ring it's got any blues? Did you ever call them frangers? No? I don't know if they's just as long as all these little running around. For that reason, I didn't know they were called condoms until later. But okay, yeah, we call them dingers. Oh okay, dingers. I don't know why. I guess they're going new diingerling. Maybe maybe put them on there like charmers and skinning. It's it's a it's a regional thing. It's original dial I'm promic and I've never heard I'm called Frangers, dial in for murder. Yeah, let's stop talking about underpants and condoms. Yeah, let's move above the waist. I had memories of watching this one when it was first on. I do remember.
Speaker 4: I remember they marketed this as someone from The Simpsons is going to be killed, and you're like, oh wow, marketing, yes, and whenever they they've cried way too many times now for me to care, because they've done that. They did it with Hummer's mother.
Speaker 2: They killed more Flanders, more Flanders. That was another. That was the big one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then it was season twenty six. I reckon it was maybe even earlier. Crusty's dad passed away. Most beloved character is going to be dead, and you're like, oh my god, who is it? And it's Crusty's dad And I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, I get it. Nice character, but he's not a main character. Everyone was doing that voice. Yeah, bleeding gums movie. Does he count? Oh? He does count?
Speaker 4: Of course he does bleeding gums Murphy, but he was never popular as as that's the joke from this the Deth episode Spectacula the Like which Dodtor Marv Monroe as well, like before we go to the break silhouettes wish to wish to popular characters died on The Simpsons. It's like if you said bluding Gums Murphy and doctor Marv Monroe, you'd be wrong. They were never popular. I just remember having thoughts though, and when Martin passed away, I thought, well, that's you know when at first and I thought, oh, that's quite shocking. He's you'd say, a popular character on the show. I would say, so, yeah, when it comes to the kids, and I remember when they first I have memory is when they played that tribute at the funeral.
Speaker 2: I didn't get an emotional what I kind of thought, this is actually sad. That's what we call the magic of Sarah McLaughlin. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was just like, ah, you put it put like usually this time of your life when someone's leaving or whatever, not for a funeral.
Speaker 2: But you know, was it The.
Speaker 4: Seinfeld finale had it. There's a few other shows. The time of your life is like a song where people leaving for school. Now's there a good riddance? Yes, good as that love change? Like graduation song yeah by Vitamin C.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was massive when it was like going through high school every year, the end of the year it's just like I.
Speaker 2: Was leaving as that love change. You know what else was massive might crush on see, yeah she was hot, But I remember being quite sad when Martin and then they status quite back at the end. I think if Martin had died here, granted fixed the way he died it was too comical, right, but if they'd have killed Martin, I think it wouldn't have been quite impactful. Oh absolutely, yeah, no's he's certainly part of the furniture and yeah, being the dorcasmall of as that is, we are Martin in many ways. Oh yeah, you got a soft spot for the guy, and it's clear that the characters do as well, even even Nelson. Yeah like puts his detective hat on and gets his magnifying glass out, burns some ants, but then it gets down to the investigation.
Speaker 4: I reckon he was Bart's first enemy on the show because Martin most because he's the one that called out a terrible speller too, the winner this.
Speaker 2: A sloppy speller. Yet I think I was on board with the kid from there.
Speaker 4: It was such a little pompers shithead. He's not as pompous now. He's more of a kicking a punching bag. But back then he was just I'm better than you and you know it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean what's he running for? Didn't run the class president against bart Yeah, that's right, Myra Asbestos, I see my asbestus. I think I think it was quite a bracing moment for me when I realized, oh, I'm kind of on Martin Prince Society. I too would want to stock the school library with the ABC as am of Bradbury and who who's the sea to see Clark? Okay, it's like, what about Red Bradbury. I'm aware of his work. I love that. But yeah, I think I think you're right. I think it would be if you were going to take Martin off the table, wiping off the board, so to speak. Yeah, you'd want to do it in a little more of a less cartoonish way than I Almost feel though you kind of have to do it this way because if it's real, then it's sort of it sucks.
Speaker 4: All the humor out of the show. And then how could you ever laugh if they don't die in a funny way, how can you then? I mean more, Flaners was completely comical, but if if she just got hit by a car, and be like oh ship, well yeah.
Speaker 2: It's good storytelling and that it's a wrong foots you the way the more flannersy does like look after the you know what is it? The T shirt? Gun? T shirt gun? Oh goodness me, that's not going to hurt anything. Oh knocked her off? I think, yeah, he's like, oh he played a prank and fell clipping.
Speaker 4: Oh shit, terrible way. Yes to that stadium, by the way, sit in the back road is fourth for the edge of the stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah great, not great.
Speaker 4: Speaking of we went to Marvel Stadium last week for the AFL football. Good day for the footy, No, no, last week was bad day for the foot bad day for too long, but winning at half time.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right. We played down here last week. It's the stadium with the roof. We were top at the top level, right, and we'll second row from the front. The top tier is so tiered in a what's the term looking for here? A steep way? Right, it's very steep. I'm sitting there going if I stand up, am I going to fall over this? Right? The railinness does not feel like it's high enough. At the front there, they're like metal bars that go across you. Can see three of your sitting in the front road, but if you stand up, it's just a waist heigh, And I thinking that's a fucking drop right, like you're in a theme park ride. Yeah, I was wed think you're concerned, understand. Yeah. I wonder if the different levels of Marvel stadiums. I wonder if they got like code names for them, like hero at once, Like if you've got front row seats, they're like get our Iron Man, well Captain America or something, and then wave the back you're like Hawker O great, you always all right? I feel bad for Jeremy rena good, good actor, and I like the character of Hawky that you did a pretty good becase you're covered now from his accident apparently, so Yeah, thoughts and prayers go out to Jeremy. He legitimately niarly died there being hit by snowplow. Yeah, that's great. And he was trying to rescue somebody, wasn't you know? The break went off and he was trying to stop it or something like the superhero that he is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but no, it only became Marvel Stadium two years ago. It's been a stadium for like twenty years.
Speaker 2: Now that was Eddie had. Before that it was Colonial Stadium originally, and then it was the Telstra Dome that was that, and you had that was colonial and then Black Panther said, no, colonized, and.
Speaker 4: It was then it was Eddie had. Then it was the touch to Dome, the dome. Just we're gone to the dome. Don't I find an arena? I'd call it the dome. Domes is so much more cooler than stadium, in my opinion, gone to the dome.
Speaker 2: Oh tels to dome. They both have their merits, they both have their their good points. I like the stadium sounds great soum sounds, grand sounds. The dome sound it's fun, sounds like your gladiator, whereas if you I'm competing at the Dome today, it's like you're doing roll the ball. I was going to say, you're in the running man. I was going to say the same thing. Yeah, they have sent me to the dome. He my favorite. Did you have any favorite moments in the episode? I did? Actually, what did you other way? Did we mention crying a little while? Well, we mentioned you're getting a little mistic. I've got a little mistic this morning, and I'll tell you why just quickly diversion Zach. Feel free to edit out, please don't. It's worthwhile. I like it. I was just like, let's get back on track, and you're like, first of all, but that's not what's the trailer for Super slash Man, The Christopher Reeves Story documentary about Christopher Reeve. Oh shit, was too early, too wearly for me to be crying like this. Guys like, oh.
Speaker 4: Damn, yeah, it just seems like such a perfect human being.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, but also yeah, living this really active life. I mean, of course he had that terrible accident when he was a questrian, right was nine in the nineties, was it, I believe so yeah, but was he paral or quadriplegic? Quadriplegic. Yeah, but I was saying, oh, yeah, you love to say I love to ski, really really active guy, and it was like, in a minute, in a second, it's just not one. And yeah, he's feeling all damned like maybe I should just go. And his wife was like, no, you're still You're like, oh my god, this is so lovely. So yeah, I'll be I'll be saying that when it comes out, and I think you should do and maybe you as well. What did I have to do with anything? Nothing? Oh, it made me sad, just like Martin Prince's memorial servers made you say there, I was just how I'm trying to bond when you know I too have emotions thedo do you? Yeah, they're mostly just rage and self. Don't know your social media it's always just anger. How what is this tripe? Well? Yeah, twisters was crap? What do you want to say? Do you any of you've seen Twisters? I didn't like it?
Speaker 4: Do you find you're more inclined to go on Twitter or tweet about something that you don't like? Then what you do? If you like something, you just sit there and enjoy it. But if you don't like something like I have to venture my frustration about this, well it's the polar opposite.
Speaker 2: And it's like, this is really good and I think I should share it. Do you ever feel that way? Though? Certainly? Do you ever go I have to tell her one how much I like this? Or is it I've got event? Yeah? Absolutely, yeah, this is very good and I would like to let everyone know that I think it's good and that I think you should enjoy this also, or this is terrible, avoid at all costs. Okay, that's how that is? That how you feel.
Speaker 4: I very rarely go on social media for my own personal stuff. Ever, it's just podcasts related content, had occasional photos of the kids. I but if you didn't do these reviews, the things that you do, like, I would never have found deep rising.
Speaker 2: Correct. I'm here to help. But before we do that, did I have favorite moms? I certainly did. Yes. I was a fan of the term's bedroom pazaz and snacking off in the bathroom because like kind of snack off? Yeah, who among us? Would you ever eat in a toilet? Not in a toilet, but sitting in the toilet? Would you ever eat in there? No? No, I don't think I could eat it. No, I've eaten in the shower before. Have you been in the shower? Nember eaten in the shower? I've had a beer in the shower. How great is it? It's so good, so awesome, hot day, hard work, cold beer, the shaft, warm shower. Yeah, but hard but we both mean, you know, sitting on the ass is doing nothing on the computer talking about the st first, it's a big cold beer. I really enjoyed the ridiculousness of sneakers because it was this is obviously you take on cheeks, Checken cheats cheatas cheeks. I nicolar. They never never heard of this show before, right, because I was I've forgotten all about them to you just reminded me.
Speaker 4: Just then I said, to do you there's a show when there was cheatings. She goes it was like, really, it was huge on Fox starts. Fox's got comps Cheaters. There's another similar kind of thing, and they'd rock it, rock up and sometimes the guy like non the camera on me sometimes, but I'm not doing nothing, not what are.
Speaker 2: You talking about? You're crazy watching watching I just came here to talk about video games.
Speaker 4: The majority of the time it was men cheating on the wife, the one that I saw anyway, and just watching the Cogs and a Hea work out. How am I going to talk my way out of this one?
Speaker 2: How am I going to talk my way out of this in real time? So we've been watching a lot of mad Men lately, and I'm just like, oh see, old Don Droper would never survive if there was cheaters back in the nineteen sixties. No, Don would talk his way out. But don't Don thinks on his feet. He's horrible human being. I'm not a fan Don Draper at all. He is a pos yes, a prince of sales. Yeah, goodbye puldn't it. He's I just a ship person. He's a bit of a ship person. He's a complicated man. He's a ship person. He's a ship person. He was also a good person in some ways. He if it suits him, yeah, yeah, if he's gonna benefit from it, of course, you do something good. I find him compelling to watch, and as I'm going to continue watching mad Men because of that.
Speaker 4: We we're up to season just nearly season three. Now we're smashing through it. Really, I think the most interesting character on the show for me, the most slight detO here, the most.
Speaker 2: Oh oh it's okay when you do hard to work.
Speaker 4: Out character is Pete Campbell. Of course I was like, what is this guy's problem?
Speaker 2: How many times have I said, you know, when I when I dropped names about you know, interviewing Matthew The correct spelling is why you interviewed him? I did when mad Men first started, and he as weird as a character. No, no, he was actually pretty good, although apparently he's a complicated dude as well in real life. But I said, I'd like to think I'm Don Dreer, but I'm pretty sure I'm Pete Camblell. Oh you've told me we are are like feel Better Man Man, Good Show. We should probably do it on Good Show, Good Show. We should do it on TV launch pot. Yes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, just at the moment, we've got the poll up for the we've gone with the OC and Gossip Girl is winning at the moment. Yeah, for twentys of teen dramas, OC is definitely it's gonna full stop. X.
Speaker 2: What else did I enjoy about dal Infanet? I had five favorite moments. I mentioned Sarah mcglonkin earlier. You know, I always like hearing her one of Counda's best exports. I think my favorite funny moment from the episode was, uh, Wigham at at the base of the chasm or the or wherever it is the cliff, Lou says, and you meant to inform them, what do you think I'm doing now? It gives a big smile to the camera. That was great. It's definitely dead, definitely definitely dead. I would attend to the Tajma All you can eat yes, that's a great name for a restaurant. It is. I think my favorite part was the shout out to the NBC Mystery Movie over the at the at the very end that this is where they said, you know, so and so plays Colombo and someone. So I thought it must have been like a Colombo reference. Was this was a thing that NBC did in the seventies, So it wasn't the Colombo that was Colombo closing credits. No, no Ah, MBSD this thing on a Sunday and a Wednesday night where I don't think this character warrants a whole series, but we or maybe this series is over, the character is still popular. We're just gonna do like telling movies like it's a Columbo mystery on Sunday night, or you know, it's a McLoud mystery on Wednesday night, and then yeah, it sort of have a bit of a round robin of these various crime fighters. So I want a Sunday Night. You tune is like, oh, it's a mystery. You know, it's a little longer than your average episode, and I don't know, like like Jack and Lost, we need to go back.
Speaker 4: That's what I liked about this episode In general, it's just the vibe of the mystery. Always say I love a good mystery, and I don't think I want to ask you if you were watching this not knowing what was going to be coming up right, knowing that Martin survived, do you think Martin was dead? Do you think you would have watched this for in real time? For the first time, I thought maybe Martin was actually dead.
Speaker 2: I have written down when Martin first lands on the ledge and then he balls out a very big cliff, like a Looney Tunes side clip. By the way, that's the other thing that I did. Springfield has lovely vistas, yeah, literally countryside. Yes, it's a great Springfield forest. Yeah, it's lovely. But when he takes that big clip, big fall off the cliff, I'm like, I found to see how they're getting it. It was like, does Homie going down the gorge? Yeah, very much so. And when you have that, you need to have a resolution that's probably just as cartoonish. That's what I thought. The only sort of nippick for me was I get that you know that he was saved from the fall, from the impact of the fall, but he's underwear, but he was hitting that Mountain, the whole way down. Where's the cuts? He was gone? Bag bag? Also, how was he going big bag? Maybe it speaks to Martin's character. I'm assuming that his butterfly enclosure.
Speaker 4: Is at his house, in his backyard. I think, yeah, we see, I'm going to Martin's house to end it all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he's back home, and I'm assuming he's been there for a little while to go inside. Why has he changed out of his modesty? I was so confused. Still it feels good, do it? Yeah? Anyway your question, or was it that he had just arrived back in the nick of time? I don't think so. It seemed like he'd been there for a while. I think it felt like he'd been there for a while. Yeah, anyway, In response to your question, Yeah, no, I didn't think it was much of a mystery. And if I thought that he was actually dead, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Well, I think they were trying to make you think that he was the one sitting there playing the lute, right, Yeah, it's loot right, loot loots.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then when it was revealed as Nelson, you're going, ah, it actually is dead.
Speaker 2: Interesting twists, Yes, yes, but then he just rocks up in his modest skirt. I think of the b plot by the way, but ding and search, I mean, we cannot relate to him being on a diet and failing it, right well? Yeah, true, it seems to all these diets I haven't finished.
Speaker 4: It seemed a bit far fetched, the whole it never I don't like about modern Simpsons. I mean, that's what we're doing now. Is that Marge goes, I've just hired so and so where from? With what money? Why would it come to the Simpsons house. It's just like we need a celebrity cameo.
Speaker 2: Who was this? Yeah? Was it a celebrity cameo? I think I'm assumed that the dietitian with somebody, right well, she looked like Martha Stewart, But I don't think it was Marth. I mean, there's no the only guest name in it is is Marshall Wallace. Assume. I mean, I'm guessing that the host of Cheetahs is Hanker's area and Betsy Bidwell. Yeah, Betsy Bidwell.
Speaker 4: This is like we've I've hired nutrition's Betsy Bidwell. Why what just it just seems random?
Speaker 2: Added the blue I think my problem with it as well. Was there's no sort of forward moment or there's no Homer is not conflicted at all, one extreme to the other. Yeah, because I mean it's like I certainly know when I was a bit heavier than I am now, still pred heavy, but still it really does affect your bedroom, bazaz and when that happens, like, shit, gotta do something about this, yeah, immediately. Yeah. The fact that Homer is no, no, no, not taking it seriously. Maybe just hit too close to home or it's like I don't know, at least feel some guilt about it. Yeah, you know, meeting Bill Peppers. But I'm also you know, got my souls a briefcase phil conflicted about it as much as you Nick's Nicksnick.
Speaker 4: But let's be honest, we've all gone to die and cheated, right Oh yeah, absolutely, Yeah, It's.
Speaker 2: Just that's who we are. Ask people. Yeah. But if it's I it's something that's seemingly this serious, and that's the morning after that, it's the next day, I guess, so. But for yeah, for margin at the end to go, it doesn't matter. I love it was like's still going to be, you know, a dud in the sack, you know the dud. At least they sort of tied it up well where it wasn't just I guess so, yeah, because it was almost a case of I think it was more an indictment of shows like Sneakers as opposed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was taking the mick out of those shows. Yeah, but I was going to talk about something before you continue.
Speaker 2: There, it come back to it. It'll come back to me. I was going to talk about something important before you started talking shit. No, no, no, man, we'll get to it. We'll get to it. But basically, yeah, so home, So the setup is that Home is bad in bed. Oh no, he's just is lacking energy.
Speaker 4: I did like the line though, of one of my favorite moments of New Diet.
Speaker 2: What about the other ones? I haven't finished yet? I still have I haven't finished makes sense? It doesn't? Yes? Did you know that?
Speaker 4: By supporting our show on Patreon, you get access to four exclusive podcasts per month, including Talking sign Fold, Tales of Futurama, Speaking of the Hill, and The Movie Guys. Plus you also get early and add free access to four Finger discount Going Down to south Park TV launch Pod, and the one about Friends. That's twenty hours of podcast each month for the cost of a cup of coffee.
Speaker 2: Fick, God, it got here, So.
Speaker 4: Go ahead and support your palas Guyandanna today at patreon dot com. Slash four finger discount link is an description of this podcast.
Speaker 2: Next question, you there eating the based all right? Trivia time? Yes you've got three? I've only got three hope, that's all right. I'll go first? How much weight had home and put on? Where? Betsy bibus said, you've gained You've gained seven pounds? And what's that in kilos? About three seven pounds into killers is three point one seven kilos? I was so close. Not bad. Speaking of weight, what was Betsy Bidwell's old weight? Her old weight? Oh, she used to weigh something. I don't know. I don't remember that bit. Actually she used to weighs four hundred pounds, she said, really, no, man would never touch you. Next question for me from you? Alrighty, what was the missus cooking? Missus munts? It was meat life now. Yes, I haven't had meat lofe in a while.
Speaker 4: It was the meal that my mummy spoke when I was a kid that I was always bitterly disappointed with my made meat left.
Speaker 2: Not really spice it up.
Speaker 4: I know, it's just I didn't like. I hate the texture of meat loaf. Oh yeah, just not for me. Oh never been a meatloaf fan? Really, what the singer not the meat. It's the opposite for me.
Speaker 2: I can't stand me. I like meat loaf, fine, but I love me love the meal. Okay, well we haven't caught. I read Nicko cooked at once. I went, I don't have the hard to tell that I hate it because I know she loves meat loaf. You next question, Jennifer appears on Sneakers because her acupuncturist boyfriend maybe cheating. How old is Jennifer. I'm going to say thirty, She's twenty three years only three years old. I did like the I've tried everything but talking to it my follow I do like that recarget, but we've tried nothing. We're roll out about. Oh it is, yeah, so great. My final question is the host of Sneakers. Who is his father? Oh, the Reverend Billy Graham Junior.
Speaker 4: I've mentioned this guy but twice in the last three episodes. Really, because when they did the love spring fieldy in style, remember it said today sex pistols tomorrow red.
Speaker 2: It was like Reverend Billy Graham. It was like a combination of the two or whatever. Do we have the energy? One may dare say the podcast Pizaz to type in the date, well the year that this episode released and Billy Graham and see if something happened, see why you might have been in the new two thousand and eight. Let's do it. Billy Graham was an American ev evangelists, passed away in twenty eighteen. I can't really see anything here that stands out in two thousand and eight. Five time was say twos and five ye city he had preached. No, he finished in two thousand and five, so he'd retired by two thousand and eight. Not in the hearts of the Caroline Amine and the people at the Simpsons writers rot, did she write this one dish? Yeah?
Speaker 4: However yeah, yeah with William right. How often do we find, though with current Simpsons that we're reviewing, that they'll make a gag and it's like this, a similar gag is in like two or three episodes. It's almost like they just throw them all in there. Not anything original. This was this was the name or the thing that made us laugh that week. Yeah around, let's get into our review of daland Furda. Shall we let's let's do it. So the original airdate was March ninth, two thousand and eight. Production code KA b F zero seven, written by.
Speaker 2: Why do they have that? Production one of the production cove Well, let us call it this episode KA b F zero seven. I guess maybe it means the seventh episode this season produced. It doesn't matter, kab The name of the radio station in John Carpenter is the Fog by the way, is it? Yeah?
Speaker 4: K Carolyn Amine William right with the writers of this episode, directed by Bob Anderson as well. So the episode kicks off with Marge wanting some sexy time. She's down DTF as the kids would say once upon a time down the frolic, Yes, and she wants a syrupy stack of man cakes. And I was like, we all want a good woman like this, right, Jesus is the message that we are? And go, I want a piece of that action, doesn't it? Everybody want to be wanted? Yeah, that's that's the thing. You just want to be wanted. Yeah, I said to Nikolas, said it was last week. I said, please forever, like you know, sometimes been in the kitchen walk up and slap me on the ass. I'm like, don't ever stop doing that because it just makes you feel like you wanted. Oh yeah, there's nothing wrong with a good ass slap, right, is that?
Speaker 2: Well it depends on it, but no, there is nothing wrong Uncle Joe. No, Uncle Joe. Come on.
Speaker 4: So he's too tired though, He's just he's absolutely knacking. And I was just like, mate, we've all been there. The spirit is willing, but the pleasures, well, yeah, yes.
Speaker 2: We want to get to get nuts on me.
Speaker 4: But he gets home the next day, dinner time, the perfect time, perfect break between we're won't drunk, and he smells something his new diet.
Speaker 2: It's broccoli getting I was like, yeah, steam brocoli. It must have. I must admit that's, you know, steam things that the margin has got going on in the soap top good honor. Looks like she's put in the effort. Actually it looks like some pretty tasty veggies. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I made a sturf for the other day, and I was thinking, why did I do more of this? It's they're simple to make, you know, a bit of sauce veggies and chicken in there.
Speaker 2: And they're delicious. They're very tasty. Yeah, this is a yeah, we're very pro s Somemmer's coming, which means shirts off, which means we're going to get into into shape. Well, that's right, suns out, guns.
Speaker 4: Out, yes, as Nikola calls it, suns out, buns out. Well that too, girls of the g strings, that's what she said, suns out, buns out. You know, apparently there's a saying you know how they always say forgive me female viewers and listeners, But there's a saying that goes tits out for the boys, get you tits out for the boys.
Speaker 2: Know that's saying. I'm well aware of it. I may have said it, yes, right, Apparently there's a saying. I never heard it, Nicola goes dicks out for the chicks, get you dicks out for the chicks, and I was like, I've never heard this in quite frankly, I'm discussing ladies, lift your game, chow some decorum.
Speaker 4: I was like, I'm not, well, no one's ever said it to me, dicks out for the chicks. And I was like, well it makes sense they should. They deserve their own filthy slogan as well.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think of something that rhymes with dicks away for the so and so, because once I get mine and I'll be like, no, no, all the.
Speaker 4: Rhymes are penis, penis out for the It doesn't make sense willies because WILLI is a probe an easy way to ride with something, isn't it cock cock cocks cocks.
Speaker 2: Out for the.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but dick's out for the chicks apparently a thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm happy to if you ask happily you're black, say please anyway.
Speaker 4: So cooking nice, cooking nice, sturf fries whatever, veggies, vegetables.
Speaker 2: Yes, you've got surf on the brain. So I'm gonna say stirf fr sturf fry.
Speaker 4: That's that's what I think of steam veggi'es I think of stir fry and mix it all together. Anyway, So Hamma says, here, what about the old ones?
Speaker 2: I haven't finished despite the fact that it says stir fry, just like this makes sense. That's whatever.
Speaker 4: Seeing Veggi's being cooked stir fry for me. So now she's just higher bid well, and I'm this is just lazy. It's just thinking, who is this I've hired a dietitian. Okay, after one day?
Speaker 5: Why all right, Homer, did you know I used to weigh four hundred pounds?
Speaker 1: Oh bet, no man would touch you.
Speaker 5: Well, I went from fat to all that using my simple, fool proof diet. It's all about little substitutions. Instead of French toast for breakfast, why not eat a belt pepper when you crave something sugary? Eat about pepper? Want a beer?
Speaker 2: Bell pepper?
Speaker 1: Who it's dangy like a pepper, like qunchy like a bell, bell pepper?
Speaker 4: I reckon what this is? I've got here in my notes. Someone said beal pepper in the in the writer's room one day, and they thought it was hilarious. And they think the word bell pepper, bell pepper, bell pepper. They they've done this for years now. Though remember Bombardman playing dodgeball. But Barman, this is just that gag again, Bell pepper, bell pepper, bell pepper.
Speaker 2: I have two questions, yes, regarding this whole three okay, it's tribute. Only have two questions. I walked right into that and then, well, well played you. First of all, Homer is eating these belle Why is no one seeding these bell peppers? If you've ever cut up a bell pepper and you got some of the seeds in there, exactly what happens. It's the hot seeds. So eating those more time, one more time? That was my person. You look like the wolf from the mask. The secondly, why is no one calling these bell peppers by their true name capsicum? Yeah, it's very it's a very American thing. But here you go, no, it's not an American thing. That's what they call them in England. Really.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you go to subway in England you asked for some capsulem and they look at you with a fuddled look. She said do you want do you want pepper? And I was like, yes, please? Did start putting no, no cask? She goes, Nicole goes, that's pepper. I went what she goes, bal pepper? I went, what do you what you're saying?
Speaker 2: Words? Nothing makes sense here? Do you say pepper or pepper's I don't know, but all I heard was pepper. And in Australia we pepper, it's salt and pepper. But she goes, do you want pepper? She's well, hold up, hold on, no, I don't want that. So that's why I realized Nicholas, And that was years ago when I first went to England. Nicolas like, pepper is bal pepper is capskim here and I was like, but you have something else that's called pepper. Why would you do that to yourself. It's like when you go overseas and they say, would you like cilantro on this? And I'm like, I don't know what that is? What is cilantro? It's capsic? No, it's capsic. That's just talking. See it's confusing. We wouldn't have this issue. It's very confusing. What do we call it? It? Coriander? Ah? Okay.
Speaker 4: See the thing is I think where the odd one's out? I think everyone else around the world calls it pepper, and where the only one they called capsic?
Speaker 2: Okay, So will like when we have a girl with our American friends, were like, why are still using miles? Stop doing it? But we're ahead of the curve though, we're going. You know what's confusing having bell, pepper and pepper being put into the same sandwich subway. If you just call it a capsicim, you wouldn't have to. It wouldn't be confused anymore. Dan would certainly be less as I would go, I've made a subway for a long if it had been subway for a while, I've been for ages. I have not. Lou had some the other day.
Speaker 4: I just remember getting it maybe two years ago, and I was like seventeen. This used to be like a nine dollars on that's seventeen and it's not good.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, if I'm playing seventeen, no, I'll well, do you respect a subway? And I'll buy a whole chicken and rolls and it's spokesperson Jared. I'll get a real sandwich from a real sandwich because I used to enjoy the the foot long and also on meatball sub you saw that coming. I added a sound effect there. You haven't heard it yet, but it'll be there. Was it slide whissel? No, that's what what Mal has? It doesn't he does? Indeed? Uh? Anyway, yes, Bell Peppers stuff. You thought it was funny. It maybe isn't quite as fun as you thought. It was. Simpson's Riders, but look, you've given us so much pleasure for so long. We'll let this one's slide. Yeah. But now apparently Homer loves them as well, so is he eating these and pretending to like them because he wants to keep this facade up or he actually likes It's hard to tell, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because they don't sort of show a moment where he goes, oh my god, I can stop eating these now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no even slight cutaway. Yeah, it's more like, no, he's really into these bell peppers. Yeah, just as much as you know the Simpsons riders are into saying the word bell.
Speaker 4: Pepper right at the baseball game. But it's a dog gets a dog. I feel like if you go to the baseball you have to have.
Speaker 2: A dog, right, I would have to have a dog and a beer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Shans Foot, it's a pie and chips and a coke, yes, or a beer whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you went to the States and went to a baseball game, which team would you like to see? Boston red the Socks. I'm a Boston guy. Well, that's true. You are. You're talking about this the other narrator, chick from Boston, the English Boston, not the American Boston.
Speaker 4: They founded this Boston. The American money they got Boston, they built that city, not on rock and roll.
Speaker 2: No, it sucks that were read The Lovely Luise and I watched a documentary on TV the other night called was it Finding the Voice? But it was about John Farnham and yeah, Australian Ic on John Farnham.
Speaker 4: They're doing all these before he dies. Usually their way to someone dies and they go let's celebrate them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's celebrate John Johnny Farnum. While this STI alive, It's like, I kind of did it, Molly Malgium. I guess they gave him all these TV shows and movies and then he dropped his pants on stage and was like, oh no, they swapt that one under the road pretty quickly, didn't they. They didn't they? Farsi as we like to call him here in Australia. It was pre his big comeback with Your the Voice. Yeah. They were scouting out songs for him to sing, you know, to put on his album WI Spring Jack and apparently one of them was we built this City. Like they send him a demo of it, No way, yeah, and he was like I don't like that. I was like this this would have been good. I'm like, no, that's a terrible song.
Speaker 4: Whoever sings this sounds like rock and or roll, but you're the voice worked for him. It's being used as both Kamala right in her ad is it?
Speaker 2: Didn't you see that? I did not see she.
Speaker 4: Used they used in the Democratic advertisement You're the voice is now like everyone in America was like, what a song.
Speaker 2: Everyone's like, we're firty years old, as seen in the motion picture hot Rod.
Speaker 4: So yeah, now then now they're being they're using it to try and over overthrow Trump.
Speaker 2: And meanwhile, didn't the estate of Isaac hayes okay chef from south Park? Yeah, listening to going down to South Park? Good shame. I don't know which of it, whether he used lyrics from an Isaac hay song or he might have like tried to use them from sharp Yeah, and the state of head said, no, we're not We're not having it anyway. Back to dal Infernerda, we were constantly.
Speaker 4: Avoiding the issue baseball game, eating a dog and home and but orders the pepper which is piping cold, crunchy and bland. So then he gets one from a vendor.
Speaker 2: Have their place. I like a capsicum. I like it. I like it in a tire sturf fry. Yes, I like ty curry. I like to put it in a sturf fry when when I make my breakfast burrito.
Speaker 4: Cap If I'm gonna eat capsic, it needs to be soft. I can't eat hard capsicum.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I quite like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't like going a salad roll or whatever. I didn't salad it's good, okay. So he gets from the vending machine Mo's blending peppers to farmer's drink. Yes, Homers then gained seven pounds. Betsy can't believe it. Marge asks has been cheating, and he walks out and meet I didn't like this where she's pinching his weight and he walks in and outside and it's like, too silly, too silly for me, too silly.
Speaker 2: In an episode where a small boy falls up falls up a giant cliff, is the extended bang bang bang all the way down? Has it all the way down? Bad bag? So Marge is now looking. But was there ever the worst band of the Black Eyed Peas West band I've just been provoking. I mean they had their place. Yeah, that's true. It's terrible stuff. That's great. Where is the love, guy? Where's the love? That was well done? I appreciate you what you did. It's like they did terrible songs that you can't help but kind of get down to. Actually, no, let's get it started as Actually I can say, it's just shut up, shut up, got a real I'm such a period because big girls don't cry. So takeday is that one of those songs? I think it's a fergy song, right the girls? I think it's maybe wrong. Maybe I think I like to get it started, except I can only like it by its original time You're going to go there, which I cannot say on this podcast. Apparently that words making a comeback. No, it's not. Yeah, apparently it is in your world. Maybe, well in the world of the kids. The kids, kids are the kids are saying maybe because I've you know, he's been so long since people have actually used the word they've gone, people have gone. You know what that word means? Right? Oh shit? Oh the children marrow future. Yes, So Marge is looking for evidence, evidence proved that home has been cheating. I didn't enjoy about What are you doing there? Am I going crazy? Yes? And you know you can't find anything? Then the family see the Primo on the TV Force Sneakers.
Speaker 1: Me Jennifer geez worried or I get punk to his boyfriend is sticking it to someone else.
Speaker 2: He used to be so loving.
Speaker 1: Now, he says, he's always working late, but when he comes home his needles.
Speaker 2: Aren't even bloody. I've tried everything except talking to him. Help me TV show, We'll find out if Jennifer's boyfriend has been fooling around. I'm Sneakers.
Speaker 3: If you suspect a loved one of cheating on you call the Sneakers hardline, also called if you don't suspect Most cheating happens when you think everything is just.
Speaker 4: Great, probably true, just when you think. Sometimes you suspect things right, you know, when your partner's off. But a lot of the time they are so good at covering it. It's like, no, you think of everything's fine. It's like, oh shit, how don't you see videos like I've been married to this guy, this woman like twenty years.
Speaker 2: I had no idea. You told me a terrible story the other day about a gentleman who received either a video or yeah, photographs not pleasant, photographs not pleasant. We're not going to recount that story on this podcast. It quite frankly traumatized. But Marge here is watching Sneakers and she says, kids set the kids for an adult phone call, Yes, because she wants to find out about eating cheating. Yeah, in the legendary words of adult Schautznegger, eating is not cheating. So that's a great story. The kids.
Speaker 3: Look it up.
Speaker 4: The kids go to the forest, as you said. Yeah, just a great setting, isn't it? Like it's got It reminds me of et Hey, they have kick ass.
Speaker 2: Forests, like right near the house. It's like, Wow, were you guys on the border of Canada or something. It looks fantastic. Yeah, it looks really nice. It's really nice. Yeah, but didn't know it was even there. You were a report on it. No, the internet wrote it. I handed it in another Simpsons prediction. Hey, I chat. They see the squirrel here. It's been eaten by the eagle. The eagle trying to eat it. Lisa says, break it up. You two play nice, and then the squirrel goes and eats the eagles eggs. And I'm like, I've seen video for some reason, I like washed one video on Twitter of it's like, would you save this deer from this anaconda? Right now, my whole Twitter feed is just like these animal videos saying would you get would you interfere with nature? And I'm just like, I don't want to see this ship. Yeah, they algorithms and nuts down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you watch one video as all you get, But would you interfere if you saw an animal trying to eat another animal, would you interfere?
Speaker 2: I would would? It depends on the cuteness of one particular, particularly the victimized animal. I couldn't help myself. I'd have to help regardless. I think apparently it's against the law, is there in some cases too? I forgot what was but yeah, I think I had one of these video shelf on my social media feeds as well, and there was like, yeah, a community note underneath it saying, is apparently illegal for you to step in and save this kind of animal. That's harsh, but you know Naseequena, circle of life baby, Yeah, not good nature is Oh it's brutal, bad man obviously.
Speaker 4: Lots of videos of Komodo dragon is rocking up on my feet. Those things are dinosaurs. They're terrifying.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, they're coming up a lot. They eat they just eat deers whole. Yeah. No, and they're not just showing you like ooh This kimono dragon's a bad to get a faint. No, the kimmodo dragon is actually like putting a deer's head in his mouth and it's chomping now and just just swallows the whole thing. Kimano dragons another thing to worry. They're sharks of land. Man, you don't have to go in the water. It's like, oh, you in my house.
Speaker 4: This video, this kimodo dragon chased down a deer, and I was like, these things are fast, they eat, they can eat people.
Speaker 2: That's just terrible. I'm stay inside. What's the point going out. We're going to come back inside anyway.
Speaker 4: But then talking to the host of sneakers though, and she mentions here, she's really sad because sometimes you go to the bathroom to snack off. It didn't mind, but now he's getting it more and more and more, and now she's just breaking it, basically just taking. They say that he's cheating, but he's actually snacking, and they make her crying to the camera. Then the kids find Martin, who's just having mery old time by himself, just excavated looking for arrowheads, just having a great Saturday afternoon, doing.
Speaker 2: A little amateur archaeology.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Lisa joins him, but tries but was so annoying here trying to say you blow listen to my joke.
Speaker 2: Well, but he's done that before. Yeah, yeah, I mean yeah, no, that's pay attention to me basically. Yeah, that's one of Bard's defining characteristics. And will keep telling gag until it hits it was.
Speaker 4: This was the setup for a joke a little bit in about two minutes time, which I thought, my god, here we go. But anyway, so, but what one is off seaside?
Speaker 2: Too bad because I was going to use it a bit later on.
Speaker 4: So sideshow Mal is sleeping with the slide whistle and he sees the bone. This isn't like a cat in the hat thing or something like the bone the very thing methinks to prank my sister and the dink.
Speaker 2: That sounds more like Shakespeare.
Speaker 4: Shakespeare. I just thought it was something like out of a cat and a hat doctor Seus's book and to rhyme and all that.
Speaker 2: Kind of stuff all the time. Bone, the very thing methinks to prank my sister and the dink. I think that's a reference to a line from Hamlet. The plays the thing. Oh shit, okay, well'll do a quick bit of googling.
Speaker 4: But when he pulls the bone out of his hair, his hair goes down, which I think we've ever seen Social Meal with his hair down before, which is kind of interesting. And then we get as I will say the word, so he says, one of the major It could be one of the major homos. So Bart is taking the bone out of his hair, put it inside. I found a bone. Now, Martin says, this could be one of the homos. Bart tries to say, you're a hom and Lisa stops him.
Speaker 2: Whatever, may I just say? The plays the thing we're in, I'll catch the conscience of the king. This is the end of that two of William Shakespeare's Hamlet. Bone the very thing he thinks to practice, my sister and the what did you just say? The play is the thing by which I'll prick the conscience of the king. Up. Okay, yeah, it's not dissimilar.
Speaker 4: No, So Bart pranks him, pulls the bone and he falls down the hill. Lisa tried, Lisa not good in this situation, to get a stick and pokes him.
Speaker 2: That's not going to help. But unless he was trying to you're awake wake up.
Speaker 4: To Edge Eh chatting him bag and he falls off and Bart here is pretty much every ten year old in that situation would bike away with a bell ring into drown out.
Speaker 2: The inner voice of guilt, Yes, out your conscience. What would you do with your kid? You would just panic? Right? Oh goodness here, yeah I can't, I can't. The fault are the kids. It was actually their reactions here, and I thought that, yeah, this is the foundation for at least some good character driven storytelling. I actually liked Lisa became like the heel in this. Yeah, I mean we've seen indications that Lisa could heal turn. Yeah when when the ship, when the ship goes down, when it will suit her? Yeah? Yeah, and if it derails her future or that's the big things the future, isn't it? Yeah, very much so. And yeah it was a nice sort of role reversal. And you know, usually Lisa's the conscientious one and Bard is devil may care. And this time it was a nice throw down, flipp it and reverse it. Yes, what a song. Awesome song. It's no Black Eyed Peas, but not pretty good. But then I was home, still ringing the bell. Bad thoughts they put on the hip us on the TV Little tree owls happy safe at home, Happy, Happy Happy. Cut to the new story and Martin has unfortunately died. Indeed, how do they know it's Martin? I found his Well, they had his pocket protector, which ironically did not protect.
Speaker 3: And you know exactly who is to blame, no one. The boy clearly fell by accident. He crashed through the tree canopy there and was presumably eaten by this cougar who is still coughing up parts of the boy's claws. Tragic, just tragic. You think this would fit little Rappie cheap this evidence, I know, but after its evidence, it's a shirt again, isn't it so?
Speaker 2: Chief? What's your final word on the Prince Boy?
Speaker 3: Oh? Dead, definitely dead.
Speaker 2: Chief. Aren't we supposed to notify the family first?
Speaker 3: What do you think I'm doing right now?
Speaker 2: They cut back to the elves.
Speaker 4: Imagine that you've watched the TV show best mate said or a kid that you know it's dead, And back to the happy Little Tree elves.
Speaker 2: So the kids think that they're murderers. Well as this says that were someone accomplice. She has the vision of being in prison and she's savv because any ol Steel books, and that would suck for modern audiences. It would like if you read Sally Rooney books, but then you go to prison and not only got Colleen Hoover. I think Nikola likes Colin Hoover. I think she's pretty sure she makes Zach you. Actually, I think Nicola reads Colleen who for books. I wouldn't know. Is there another Colleen famous author? No, it ends with us. She's the writer of it. Yes, she's got like the series of them. Yeah, yeah, yeah, i'dmi the hustle. She's written a shit to of books and they're all very successful. Maybe I'm just jealous. Who knows his manuscript for fourteen years? True? And I am five days away from finish. Did you know that?
Speaker 4: By supporting our show on Patreon, you get access to four exclusive podcasts per month, including Talking Signfouled, Tales of Futurama, Speaking of the Hill, and the movie Guys. Plus you also get early and ad free access to four finger discount going down to south Park TV launch pod, and the one about Friends. That's twenty hours of podcast each month for the cost of a cup of.
Speaker 2: Coffee for God It God here.
Speaker 4: So go ahead and support your Palas Guy and Dana Today at Patreon dot com. Slash four scout link is in an description of this podcast. So basically, my least is concerned here, but says, I'm going to turn myself in. I can't live with this girl. And then we've got really cool animation of almost like the heel turn happening in real time at shadows and she's like, wait a minute, no, she justifies to herself, ruining our lives won't bring him back.
Speaker 2: What are we doing? Why don't we tell anybody? And Marge says, you know, how is you outside? Time, they do some quick talking.
Speaker 4: She knows something's not quite right, and home is now leaving at four o'clock in the day to go to work. Yeah, he's got to count the atoms about yes, yeah, And Marge mentally called sneakers and says the loaders on the road and then father father, Reverend Billy Graham Junior, he says them to the cameraman or something, I don't know, yeah, I don't know whatever.
Speaker 2: It's meant to be a gag and nobody knows. Unfortunately, it's failed to meet the criteria being a gag. And then it wasn't funny. Now it's the funeral at school for Martin. Nice tribute from the Audio Visual Club here with your with your lovely lady singing. That's right, Seremy Lachlin.
Speaker 4: Yes, clackly, but feeling feeling bad. And Nelson realized something, why is Bart feeling bad? I thought it was a bit convenient that Nelson's like, these two must have done it because Bart feels sad, Like, what's a funeral?
Speaker 2: Well, it's also a bit of a when are you using a lot of wrestling terms? But it's a bit of a baby face turn from Nelson from Nelson to be like, all of a suddenly, you Encyclopedia Brown. I'm gonna look this up in do you know what? Do you know what I mean when I say Encyclopedia Brown, Cyclopedia Brown. No, he was like a boy detective and a series of youthful detective novels back in the day. Okay, back in the day being my day, back being the late years of the twentieth sevens, The mad Men, mad Man there back in the seventies.
Speaker 4: Yes, So now basically Nelson's thinks something's up. You know, I'm gonna I'm going to try and work this out something. He says, something doesn't add up.
Speaker 2: The bullies try to beating him up because he's trying to add stuff and it's having something no effect. Whatever.
Speaker 4: Home is now at the Oil you Can Eat. There's something about a good oil can eat. There's one in Corio. We're just you and I off the show off record. It's called Feast at the Gateway Hotel.
Speaker 2: Have you ever in Geelong?
Speaker 4: Go to the Gateway Hotel? Check out the Feast All you can Eat. It's thirty two dollars and they have a whole range. You've got like an Asian cuisine. They've got roast pork, roast lamb, roast beef. They've got just the classics, just like a chicken pum you you chicken pamaganas. This this place is aptly named yeah feast or you can eat chicken pamejanas.
Speaker 2: How many parmajanas you think you'd eat? Well, they're smaller ones, obviously the don't want to make huge ones.
Speaker 4: But I had two of them. I had a ship lead of beef. You know, they've got Yorkshire puddings as well. I think I love that.
Speaker 2: It's unbelievable. There is something fun that I saw on food social media. It was like someone made it's called a British burrio. I don't know why they didn't actually use their boys. I'm using them boys, but it was they made like a flat Yorkshire pudding and they just ripped up like they wrapped up sorry, like a Sunday roast in the in the flat veggies and all. Yeah, so it's like a Sunday roast but wrapped up in a Yorkshire pudding tortia. Did it look young? It looked really good. I suppose you eat them more combined when you eat him on the plaff the play, they all end up in the same place. Yeah. Gravy, Yeah, that was the thing, Like you have gravy? What kind of saw like, yeah, but gravy on it.
Speaker 4: I went to England and there was a person who had a Sunday roast and they didn't want any gravy, and I was like, what the hell is going on here?
Speaker 2: They didn't Are you a Russian spy? That's like, you don't have gravy on your roast? No? No, no, just leave it as it is, Keith it could I pass you the salt and or pepper? I didn't want the Pepper went to the bell Pepper. We brought that all together.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you can eat the camera. Menday's sad that this is what his last got to. Yes, rollhorse, just get in there and film.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he used to make you know docos about coal miners and all that stuff. Yeah. Will.
Speaker 4: He then throws Martin stuff in the trash, but then takes it home. Nelson still is investigating, knowing he's we think he's investigators Bernie Ants. When this happened, I looked it up, like can this actually happen? I've heard the stories of people Burnie Ants. And there's this guy on YouTube. He's like a you know, does random experiments whatever, and he has his giant magnifying glass and he has like this is infestation of ants in his backyard. He's like, you're gonna rill them up, get them all out, and he's just like now watch this and he gets a mad and it's like burns them all.
Speaker 2: It's like they all just disappeared on He's like, you want to see more on my video? Subscribed to my channel house. That was fun, wasn't it? And I was like, what did I The comment that the top comic was the top comment was perfect, goes Yep, I've made it to this part of YouTube stress now. I was just like, yeah, there's all these ants running around and just gets you something. It sounds like this is a grown person. This is a man. Yes, one can forgive maybe a small child for doing this thing. It's like, I'm heard you can do this. You know, it's your first fun experiment with science. Plus you're also good to learn about life and death. Hopefully you know, a responsible ut comes along and maybe you shouldn't do that. It's like, okay, you dig them up and goes like they're all riled up now because you roll them up. I was gonna say, we said nature of shit. People people are worse. Yeah, we are indeed part of nature and probably the worst part of it. I think we might be yes and so yeah, but he was burning ants and then it's time to investigate. It finds the bone on the string and yeah, something's something is not right here home. He gets home with chips and salsa in a suitcase, but then walks at least walk in and they're all sheepish, Oh what do you what do you been going on? And they're just all anxious and everyone has secrets. Yeah, everyone's got secrets except for March. I guess Marge with sneakers is also a secret. Yeah, Maggie's been playing online poker as well. That's a secret. I missed that part. I must have looked away for a few secds. Yeah, they cut to Maggie. Maggie's turns off the poker and goes to like a kids show or whatever.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 4: I watched a great video this week and it was just a short on YouTube. It was like turning on Doom in nineteen ninety four or whatever, right, and someone's got like an old school computer. Yes, and the film obviously on the modern phone, but it looked like high HD in nine twenty three that they had the old school poster on the wall whatnot.
Speaker 2: And they turned his computer on. Remember that's stud computers used to make when I were trying to work and load probably my current computer. It's just like it says that sound like that sound like immediately just took me back. I was like, holy shit. It's like when you hear the dial up sound. It's like we need to hear that every day, and you could imitate it. If someone says put a gun said imitate the dialup sound. You can probably do it like you tried it and this you tried it was pretty close. It was bad. Yeah, it's pretty good. I'm gonna do a side by side. Can you put that gun?
Speaker 4: Let's do a serious one, right, guy right now is gonna try and do the dial up sound. Right, I'm gonna get the actual sound and put it back to back.
Speaker 2: Let's see. I'm gonna get see how you go? Thanks for putting the final off it? Okay, how was that? Okay, well we'll see mate, we yep writing. Let us know. This is what you get when you're listening to Foe Finger, discount man or machine. Who won this round? I welcome our machine overlood. Everyone that covers like none of us.
Speaker 4: Dude, you won this round and you lost my subscription. But nobody can sleep. They're all sort of concerned. And Bart's going through Martin stings and he finds the butterfly paper and he's, you know, you realize that butterfly is going to be coming out soon, We're gonna be hatching home. Then takes the This was so weird taking the spit to the hotel.
Speaker 2: Love that? Yeah? That I mean, that wasn't that wasn't the stupidest part. There was a part coming up that was even worse.
Speaker 4: When it comes to stupidity, it makes no sense. And it was a bridge too far from me. But so basically they're watching Homer in the hotel room, just having getting down with this.
Speaker 2: Yes, but yeah, it just one of those gags. It just went on way too long.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I've never seen this before. But turn the camera off. Then Lisa's at the quickie mart and why, I don't know why she's acting your sheep. No one knows it was them. The police have said we think it was an accident. No one else did this, So why they even bothered The police aren't suspecting anybody.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Just guilty conscience is a tougher post.
Speaker 4: He says, you know, little murderer says, because the hat's killing her or whatever, killing him because it's so cute or whatever. Then Lisa says to Bart, you know, pretended we're fighting, giving an Indian, but I make me say Indian against it gives an Indian bur And at least Nelson walks in. He's investigating, just being a detective. Basically says he's missus cookie meat loaft tonight. So you're gonna get home missus Muntz.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which I guess is a sort of a shout out to Colombo, which they have a little later on, but you know Columbo was always referring to missus Columbo. Oh, okay, there you go. That would definitely be it.
Speaker 4: Then Lisa finds notes from Bart in his bed and it says I'm going to Martin's house ended all or can't live with this guilt suicide line.
Speaker 2: Odd.
Speaker 4: Lisa genuinely thinks that Barth going to kill himself. They even go to the length of having the silhoutte the of the noose and everything. Anyway, but before we did that, though, this is a stupid moment. Homer calling, I want to say, a hotel room and there's a spit there on the bed with a photo of homanexe to the bed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what the hell was that? I don't know, man, Yeah, this this storyline just how does that get How does that get through? I don't know. They were running out of juice at this stage. This storyline was certainly running out of gas, but.
Speaker 4: It shouldn't have been there. It's a fun murder mystery, like I don't know. I just thought that was so that b plot that it did not need that it was stupid. But Lisa arrives at Melson at Martin's house and looks like Bart's going to hang himself, but no, he's there to finish martin butterfly project because they're about to start hatching.
Speaker 2: I love that Martin's journal is called the Journal de Martain.
Speaker 4: Pri Yes, this is actually one of my favorite moments. I really liked the fact that he had preset this tape with the loot. It's like it's just a little legend, isn't he.
Speaker 2: He's very thought all, very conscientious and very thorough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when they thought they turned it off, but they can still hear the loot. What's going on here? They can't we get what's going on. Margine catches home a eating is it Gaspargo.
Speaker 2: No, it's the Butterscotch Stallion. That's right, Yes, yeah, fun fact. Butter Scott Stalien exactly the nickname of Owen Wilson when back in the two thousands, though some gossip website named The Famer gave him the nickname butter Scotch Stallion, a fitting name. Do you think have that lovely blonde hair. Yeah, that voice. Wow. Wow. What's he doing now? Besides that Loki show that's pretty much it. I think he's doing some other I think he's the star of some new TV show where he plays like a golf pro or something. You know that movie Tin Cup with Yeah, I think it's like a bit of a riff on that. Okay, I mean it doesn't have to work anymore, probably not everywhere in the two thousands he was. Indeed, I watched Zoolander the other night. It was just on on the foxtowel. They had Zoolander and Zoolander two back to back. I'm like, I'm just gonna stop a Zoolander. I don't think I need to watch this. I know Zoolander too is horrific. I didn't think it was all that good, but yeah, I remember the time thinking it's pretty funny that ben Still and Wilson cast themselves as super Bowls and then you look at Wilson to go a handsome guy, and Hansel is just a really good character. Yeah, Zueland is pretty funny. Wow, what breaking news. It was one of those movies that was always beyond it, like house Parties. When I was in a teenager. Yeah, we come in with two thousand and one. Yeah. Yeah, it's like one of the first comedies to come out post September eleven, which we just talked about on this show. We didn't. I said this all the time, but you know when we're not when in the script this, So they come out like December or November or something? Did that something like that? Okay, yeah, but Marge, then it's a catching time eating it the butter Scott, what is it? Stallion? Stallion?
Speaker 4: And he says, I only I couldn't sends the disappointment in your eyes, knowing that I was a failure. So then she slaps the be at the host name I don't think we do, slaps his nets niggers guy. So she'd rather have a chubby hubby than a sexy exy and he says, if there was a reality show about fat guys who really love their wives, I'd be you know, it'd be good ratings and I'll be the first one.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, yah, was straight. It's it's nice. Yeah, it's good that we've been reminded that mar John's home and no matter what. At the same time, get into shape. Yeah, get some get your bedroom. Beza's back, buddy, Yeah, he says he. I've got a lot to think about.
Speaker 4: So I'm gonna go to the editing room and make you look insane, make you look crazy. The hosts says that to march.
Speaker 2: Then the butterfly nectar falls on Lisa and they all butterflies go over. She pushes them all away. One gets that's foot caught in her button hole in the shoes. She goes to flick it and realizes, oh my god, I'm a monster and all this guilt has just turned me into a horrible person. She says she must come clean. She screams, we killed Martin Prince. Now some reveals that he was sitting there playing the lute, and I'm like this, why was he there? I don't know, man, what what? Why do you think I'm going to go to Martin's house and hang out and the butterfly thing playing the lute? What? Maybe he was following button Lisa, I don't know, get the loot from. Yeah, look, I'm not I like these old mystery shows from the seventies, like a Moment Cloud Milan Wife, the ones they're talking about here, And I get the feeling that they sometimes play a little fast and loose with like Colombo, what are you doing here? I've learned to stop questioning things because you can find faults with everything in television, every show, no matter what is you be breaking bad, there will be something to nitpick. Right. Sometimes you've just got to just go go with the flow. We're talking Dan and I've been talking about Alien and Aliens recently and it was great. I heard quote I heard from Ridley Scott when he was making Alien. He was talking about how there was like something surrounding the Nostromo in space and someone on the crew said, well, you know in space you wouldn't have that. You know, there's no smoke or atmosphere in space, and Ridley Scott says there is. Now what a Lord, that's the That's the biggest boss move of all time? Right? It really a dollar symbol? Yeah, Jim Cameron just coming to the guys at Fox and saying, what's what, here's my next project Alien and writes an s after then puts a makes it into a dollar sie. Ah, that was the greatest pitch of all time. Although apparently there's the guy who I'm not if was Iarvan rightman but basically said to the people at Universal Schwarzenegger the Vido Twins and just sold it. I mean, you would think it would work right again. If it's one of those things that didn't happen, I don't care print the legend.
Speaker 3: I'm just glad it was you who brought us in, Nelson, remember when we used to date.
Speaker 2: If you let me go, we can get back together. I never let your cherry by my malbours, Stacey. I'll let you do it now. Shave it for the warden.
Speaker 4: Martin then comes out, though, and he says, to quote Mark Twain, rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated. And then he's got the Wedgi accommodating waistband, which saved him. A cougar tried to eat him, dragged him, flung him away, much like the rabbit in they called the Simpsons.
Speaker 2: From the first season. He learned on an aisle, built a raff, but he survived. Basically, he's got the rap pretty quickly. But he also spent like three weeks building his modes six skot Yes, that's right, so three weeks. I don't know. It looks well tailored.
Speaker 4: Lisa has learned that, you know, behind every goody two shoes or some dark socks, I believe, she says, but realizes I think, like killing nerds is not great or whatever. And then we get the Colombo closing credits. Well I thought it was Colombo, but that's all got here. But because Nelson's Colombo, Burns and Smiths as McMillan and wife these Quincy Jones was another one.
Speaker 2: These are actually shows.
Speaker 4: So they're all different shows, yes, yeah, but they are all actual shows. Yes, yeah, yeah mc millen wife is one too.
Speaker 2: McMillan The Wife starred Rock Hudson. Okayhy do we get doctor Quinn medicine woman because that was many years later. Yes, but Quincy Quincy, he was like a medical examiner. Yes, yeah, so you know dead body and shop and he said, was Something's that right?
Speaker 4: I feel like the early two thousands were the era of you know, the the cops can't solve crimes. They need some quirky guy who can get to help them. Psych numbers, well castles.
Speaker 2: That would CSI, I reckon. Yeah, oh wait, I never watched I didn't you know, I was huge, but so cs I, well that was they weren't cops so much as they were like the scientists who get the there's a dead body, but it sounds weird about this dead body. We don't have to happen this way.
Speaker 4: This way, But I mean, at least they had some sort of like experience in the field where these I'm talking about the Castle of Nathan Fillions just like I'm an offer and I'm going to follow you on your on your adventures and help you solve crimes or psych or numbers and numbers. He is like he's as a mathematician, but he had no history with something crime.
Speaker 2: I get where you're coming from.
Speaker 4: But yeah, that that that was there was another show? Wasn't it another show? Much like Numbers Numbers?
Speaker 2: Was it called words? Who knows? But I mean I'm a sucker for those kind of shows, but i usually get about two or three seasons and I'm like kind of done now. Oh yeah, Look, as I have said many times, I was deep in the pocket for The black List. That was great at the start, wasn't start my man, James Spader, I'm like, oh, you know, it's just a it's a nice little mystery every week, and you know there's a big mystery, and yeah, as an arc, but it's mainly this each episode by episode. Yeah, yeah, self contained stories overriding arc that's what you want. I think I made it like five seasons and I'm like, it's gonna be complicated.
Speaker 4: They always ruined it by going, how do we focus on like the in house drama? And I'm like, no, I don't want see Olivia beds and fighting with you, like I want to see them solving crimes.
Speaker 2: What the hell is going on here? Cross another name off the black list sample?
Speaker 4: Oh wait, he's not the father spoilless I said, I was only halfway through. I might have gone back to it anyway.
Speaker 2: Guys, thank you for checking out here, our YouTube viewers, our review of dial and for nerder. I mean, it was perfectly fine episode. Oh you had nothing wrong with it. A couple of moments where you made things wrong with it, but generally they got the job done good.
Speaker 4: Meta mystery never fails, So don't forget to comment. Blow tell us what you thought of the episode. Hit that subscribe button gives the thumbs up. And if you are a patient of ours and you're listening right now, you're about to get the what you learn and the guy Davis new name challenge. I don't think he said if you're a patient to patient, they probably flat patients like guys, thank you very much for your patients and with us, they are very patient, aren't they they are? Yes, I guys, thanks again.
Speaker 2: Forward your name will be is.
Speaker 4: The guy Davis New Dame Championship for dial and for murder. Currently the board stands at this in first edition on four points. To help, we have Joe Horn beyond sixteen points. He's climbing away, isn't he getting further and further apart and the rest of the rest of the group. But they can still catch up with Adam Moorehouse and second position on twelve and Phil Hawkins one behind those guys on eleven.
Speaker 2: All right, take it away? Will Philip regain that Jay?
Speaker 4: Well, we can't now he's five points behind, but he can slowly chip away if he gets a couple.
Speaker 2: Points this time. What do we got? You're just gonna be playing all phil Hawks from now on, mate, Sorry, no faith. I have faith in you, but I also have faith in the people who gave us these names. One point goes to columb Clumber Dough. Dough never fails with the new Name Championship does it not that often? Daniel Hartley with the one point, which puts him now on two points. Well done, Daniel Hartley, making my heartbeat a little faster. Oh god, that was I'm trying, guys, I'm trying. I'll tell you who else is trying. The person who gave us two points or gets two points? Should I say for I know what you did last weekend? Adam Woolhouse. Oh, he's clawing back. So he's now only two points behind on fourteen points on Adam. Well, let's just see what happens when I give three points too, Prince harming.
Speaker 4: Prince harming, that will be yeah. Jared horm with the three points. He's now five points ahead of everybody.
Speaker 2: It looks like it was a race for a second. And this is episode fourteen, isn't it. So that means that there's twenty episodes this season. Yeah, it's right, Yeah, so six episodes, five points that that can happen. It's still good.
Speaker 4: Clever Carven still catch up. He's in fourth position on six points. I mean he's thirteen points behind. Oh clever, clever car is gonna have to be the absolute win.
Speaker 2: Yes, you have to be for the very clever for the next six Is he clever enough? Let's find out. There we go. That's the New Name Championship. Lead, New Name Championship, a new leaderboard on the New Name Championship. Yeah, Jared Horne be nineteen points in first, Adam Worehouse fourteen on second position, and third. Phil Hawkins on eleven points. Unfortunately, no points for Phil. You have no faith. App apparently you were correct. Proved me wrong. Phil. He's like, I mean, we love you, Phil, but you like that.
Speaker 4: You know when the team's been really dominant for a while and the guys are start getting a bit old, and it's like, ah, the young kids are catching up.
Speaker 2: I mean, it was a triuble threat he want at three years straight. He was indeed, I can run it is I reckon. He's just letting the guys ever go. He's okay, I will make Garroid Garoda Arod Hill mean he'sed to win it all the time. And he was like, oh, let someone else have a turn drawing us. Cigaret. You're right, Harry Hill. That's the name they haven't heard in the way. Missed that guy. Love that guy all right, So thank you guys for all of your spoil here at the four Finger Discount Network. The next episode, you know, next episode is I'll look it up, Season nineteen, episode fifteen, Simpsons, it will be Smoke on the Dorter, Smell on the Doda. Surely that song's in the episode, right, I would hope. So I'm pulling out the money for the songs that they haven't They really have been opening up their wallets.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so least persuades Marge pursue her childhood dream of becoming a ballerina by auditioning for a ballet academy.
Speaker 2: Wow, okay, we shall see how that goes. I'm sure it's going to end just magnificently for all concerned.
Speaker 4: Don't forget if you haven't checked out all of our other shows, do so, going down to South Park and in particular, TV Launch pot our later show We are a Batchelor record a review of the OC pilot.
Speaker 2: You know you want to sing it, go do it. I don't want to do it. Don't want to do it. I'm saving it. I'm saving it for the pot, saving it for saving it for the app. What song you're talking about? Oh, something by Deathcare for Cutie. I don't know. All right, guys, Thanks again for obvious support here at four figure discount, I forget to rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, wherever you do. Listen to the show, and support us on Patreon if you have the funds to do so, it would be much appreciated as well. But for now misaiday As any final words for those amazing listeners out there, I was about to say, even if you don't have the funds to do so, just you know, go rob the bank. No no, no, no. We hope you've enjoyed a four finger discount. The podcast brought to you by two of the major homies s