Speaker 1: Caalaroga Shark Media.
Speaker 2: Hello, I'm Johnny Mack with your daily comedy news and daily briefing on stand up comedy, comedians, the comedy industry, a freeze which helps the elder the room. Today is the super Bowl preview episode. One topic that seems to come up every year is, hey, they ought to let a comedian do super Bowl halftime. Now I don't think that will ever happen, but let's say it did. Who should play super Bowl halftime? Now, my vote, which I think will be awesome, will never ever happen because he's not quote unquote cool enough. Is weird Al. But I do think if they named weird Al and everybody went in on it, and there would definitely be ways to work in non comedic musicians to a weird Al halftime. But can you imagine how epic that would be? And it would just be fun and weird Al would be great to be put in front of the press and there are no weird Al scandals and nothing horrible is gonna happen, and everyone could just have a good time and he could play eat It and white Nerdy and we could have a good time. But that's not going to happen. Another name that comes up, and this may surprise you that I don't think it's crazy, would be Adam Sandler. People really like Adam Sandler. Adam Sandler has no known enemies except possibly me, and even I like Adam Sandler. I just don't think his comedy is funny, but people like those dumb songs. He could come out and do some opera man or make up a super Bowl song and do that Farley song. And I'm sure Sandler could do some sort of musical thing at halftime that people would enjoy. Another name that I think is interesting Dave Chappelle. Now that would be edgier. Also, these things tend to be pre recorded, so I don't think you could have Dave Chappelle pantomiming previously recorded stand ups. So you would have Chappelle with a live mic in the middle of a super Bowl. Who knows what would happen. But Chappelle is also friendly with several cool musicians, so I think there's a way to somehow do a Dave Chappelle halftime that would certainly get talked about. And another name I saw this week that I don't think is exciting, but maybe America would get behind Nate for Forghetsie halftime, but his particular energy. I don't know if that works for super Bowl halftime. That might just be weirdly awkward and set us back fifty years ever having a comedian at halftime again. If Bad Bunny is not your thing, get over yourself, but you can change the channel turning point. USA is going to have an alternative to the super Bowl halftime. It's called the All American Halftime Show. On The Daily Show, Michael Costa joked that only the radical wol communists who hate America are excited to watch a performance by the most popular musician in America, Bad Bunny. Stephen Colbert said, according to the press release, the show is called the All American Halftime Show and a font that is called T shirt on a quite angry dad at Disney World. Colbert had some fun with the names of the musicians. Steven said, as you may have noticed from the poster, Kid Rock is not rocking this one alone. He'll be joined by country singers Brentley Gilbert, Gabby Barrett, and Lee Brice powerhouse lineup. He'd tagged that with also appearing our a Gary Lee Grant Ghibli, Brantlett, Daily, Barrett Tandley, Brakeboard, Billy Giddy, and Baby. Bilbo Costa said, man, that's a real who's who of who. Golbert Russel joked where you could watch the alternative halftime show. He said it would be on TBNDW Plus Charge and Rumble, which are real platforms. He also said Crunch, Cramble, Hunkle, Krompus and Paramount plus. I Spot did some research of the fifteen Super Bowl ad previews that they researched. Twelve triggered quote funny reactions from viewers. Spoilers for the commercials coming up right, So the rest of this episode, I'm gonna spoil the commercials. So if you're like John, you ruined the super Bowl for me? Okay, you should punch out and I'll catch up with you tomorrow. Everybody else who's still here spoiler. The highest funny score went to the commercial four Instacart that features Ben Stiller. They have a musical performance about choosing the perfect banana mac packer. Andy Samberg will be meal Diamond in a Hellman's commercial. We'll talk about that. Some more fanatics who had a terror terrible week on the Internet, people notice that fanatic sports jerseys aren't the best quality. A lot of complaining, especially on Twitter. This week they have an ad with a candle jinner mocking the Kardashian curse, the Internet conspiracy, the dating members of the family, ruins an athletes game. Novardes has an ad with NFL players telling viewers to relax your tight end and get a blood test for prostate cancer. I see what you did there. Marcelo Hernandez, he does one thing, and he does one thing really well. We'll see if he could do another thing. Well. He'll be in an ad for Wells Fargo. Their new campaign is celebrating every win. We're told that showcases how the banking app helps customers achieve personal finance. Blah blah blah blah blah. We are told Marcelo Hernandez brings humor and authenticity as he pays tribute to everyday financial wins like growing savings or sticking to a budget. Marcello shows up complete with confetti, music and dancing. His comedic presence reinforces the message the success looks different for everyone. Another macpacker, Keag and Michael Key. He'll be with Dyana McBride In an ad Keagan Michael Key told USA Today someone said a long time ago, generality is the enemy of all art, and that specifically is what makes art good. The challenges how to do something specific that is universal. At the same time, I feel like he just said a lot of words that I love. Key, He continued, it sounds like they're diametrically opposed, these two concepts, but that's very often what people out an ad agency have to do. How do you reach the most amount of people with the most interesting, most salient material possible. I embrace that challenge. In the ad, he and Danny McBride are insurance agents, hoping to reassure Haley Stanfield that their insurance agency is on the level. In the commercial, they launch into a rendition of John bon Jovi's Living on a Prayer. Key says, it's working multi generationally because you're talking about anathem. Everybody knows it's a perfect song, because it's one of the few songs where everybody in our society knows the song. Keag and Michael Key calls Jake from State Form one of the most iconic figures in the ad space. I guess that's true. But I don't know, so was Jared, and we don't want to go there. Don't go there, John, Okay, move along, Okay, I'll keep going, he said. I'm excited. I'm nervous, but I have to tell you I feel very confident about this piece of content. Matt Kacker Andy Samberg teamed up with Helman's Samberg breaks apart Sweet Caroline to build a mythology of Meal Diamond. Meal Diamond is a man born in a deli who communicates almost entirely through sandwiches. Samberg said he build out the character. He said, we were weird aling ed, as they say, it takes a real skill to do it in a way that it's actually funny. For me on this one, it was finding a way to make it a different character who had his own life backstory. The joke started with just the name Meal Diamond, Samberg turned it into a fully fledged person. He explains, we're essentially dealing with someone who was born in a deli and has never left it and is therefore using the joy and love of sandwiches to reach out to connect with people. It paints a nice picture of this character. The Kiva Schaeffer helped out on it, Samberg says, the process we usually have is to start with the premise, then you start recording. You see if it's making you laugh. If not, you bail and you try something different. Some line stuck immediately. Sandberg said, I love the line I'll squirt you while I'm walking by. That made me laugh the most. I'm intrigued. Now let me see if this is online already as I record on Friday. Oh, I think I found it.
Speaker 1: I was born in this Delai. My best friend was that boloney. That is until live bad you touching Ham, touching Gee, touching.
Speaker 2: You sandwich time many so cool.
Speaker 1: This is how I make friends.
Speaker 2: I'm get mad.
Speaker 1: I live in the wall sometimes wonder my favorites. I've never been outside. These are my only clothes. So good?
Speaker 2: Can you marry me?
Speaker 3: The carts is broken and I can leave?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, that is so epic. I was sitting here capturing the audio with a big smile on my face. I almost wanted to like talk as I recorded it. I love that so much. That is so catchy. We may have to play that a second time at the end. Wow, so much fun, Sandberg said, I hope they just smile or laugh. You got it, buddy, That's pretty much my goal with almost everything I work on, says Andy. Even just a giggler smirk, I'd settle. You got a big smile out of me, and I'm a comedy snob. Mikey Day as a spot making fun of is It Cake. In the ad, we imagine a world where people are wearing a new crim de Pistachio cash Weir body missed and they are mistaken for cake makeup and beauty brand e l F the Stars Alissa McCarthy. She learns how to roll her rs in order to prepare for the world's biggest Reggaetons show that won by Bad Bunny. The halftime show, McCarthy realizes she doesn't speak Spanish, she crashes her car. She wakes up in a telenovela titled Melissa and bow and Yang is making one of his first major appearances since leaving Saturday Night Live. In this ad, we see bow and Yang settling into his new life. He's lounging on a tropical beach. He's planning a party and snacking on salty crackers. He speaks to a friend through a shell phone and promises not to call the friend perscutto. Also in the ad, Scarlett Johansson and John Hamm boy no offense to Bowen, Who's you know, a nice looking guy. But like, personally, if I were at a commercial with Scarlet Johansson and John Hamm, I would look like an unbelievable hideous troll. Like I have a photo of me and Bruce Campbell. You know Bruce Campbell, the actor. He's a handsome mad and I'm in this photo with him, and I'm like, ill, yuck, who's the ugly guy with Bruce Campbell? So I would not want to be in a commercial with John Hamm and Scarlet Johnson. Anyway. In the ad there's John Hamm and he says another day, another Ritz party. Why then they invite us? Owen says, well, we're salty and we hate parties and mingling and yapping. John ham says they do have Ritz crackers though, let's go for five minutes. IBB Online writes comic actor Tim Robinson as many things quirky, yes, daft, also yes, but evil that's perhaps a step too far. In an ad for Rippling, Tim Robinson appears to have fumbled his way into the leadership of a particularly villainous organization. In the spot, Tim's vengeful Simpleton is attempting to airdrop a monster called baby Breck into the city via helicopter. Unfortunately, the mayhem cannot commence because Baby Breck is a new employee and hasn't been onboarded. Oh yeah, that is corporate hell, I've been there. Oh there's more. This is one hell of a Super Bowl preview. You know, I'm the one that put it together, and I had no idea it was going to be this long. We're not even at the halfway mark yet. Brian Baumgarner, you know him, Kevin from the office, that guy. Yeah, he's throwing the world's largest tailgate tomorrow. He'll be at the Fort Mason Pavilion. From there you can see the Golden Gate Bridge from ten am to twelve thirty pm local time, San Francisco time on Sunday. He thinks there will be potentially one thousand lookalikes. The pitch is to organize a physical manifestation of the pregame commercial that has resulted in a tailgate party in San Francisco. Says Brian, Let's bring all the Ryans together and see what it looks like to multiply myself one, hundreds or thousands of time over. Brian himself will arrive with a crew of ten Brian clones, but the public is encouraged to attend dress like Brian, meaning Kevin from the office. But I guess they can't say it. Some people were able to pre order bald caps, probably too late for you by the time you're listening to this. The lookalike voted most bombgartner like will get two tickets to see the Super Bowl with Brian. He notes that it's to embody him. You don't necessarily have to look like him, but I know there'll be a lot of bald caps. They're offering free shavings if you can't make it. There's even a virtual version of this at brian'shair dot com. The event will be live streamed also part of Super Bowl Weekend. Tonight, Dave Chappelle has two shows. He's got the Big Fancy Show. That one's sold out at the Chase Center, but Dave also announced an intimate late night show at the Chapel in San Francisco. I bet that's gonna be even harder to get into. So we'll see what Dave has to say Chiefs Wire caught up with Rob Wriggle. Rob is a big Chiefs fan. I guess they had this all lined up and then it was like, oh, yeah, Chiefs suck this year. All right, Rob, what are you eating?
Speaker 1: He said?
Speaker 2: Chips and guak. No brainer on that because it works for everybody. All the ladies like quak, the kids like quak. Grandma likes squawk. I just the other day my wife was like, you want chips, and I go, there's no salsa. She says, we have guawk. I go, I hate walk. So I'm sorry, Rob Wriggle, I hate walk. I'm a salsa guy. You know Deacon Mike that I talk about. So thirty years ago, when we worked at a radio station together, we used to sometimes go get nachos for lunch. Yeah, I when we were in our twenties. That was lunch. What do you think of fat? I'll tell you why I'm fat because I produced the morning show for a while and we used to have this fourth meal. Fourth meal was a cheeseburger and fries at seven thirty in the morning. You don't understand get up for work every day at three thirty in the morning and go do nineteen nineties era Times Square at four something in the morning for a radio show that starts at five am. When your friend Bobby looks at you and goes cheeseburger at seven thirty in the morning, you go, yeah, but here's the cash. That's not breakfast because then the rest of the morning crew around eight thirty, he goes, hey, we're getting bagels. So then you have like a bagel with butter an hour after your cheeseburger. That's how you get fat. That and sending deacon Mike. He wasn't a deacon yet. It was just Mike to go get the nachos. Now, everybody else would come back with, you know, nachos and cheese and salsa. He comes back with Guawk. One day. We were like, what, we hate quak, but Rober Egel disagrees and I digress. Rob says, everybody loves squawk. So that's when everybody likes chips and quak. Can't go wrong there. Now, you know, I'm a KC man, so I gotta throw some barbecue in there too. Right now we're talking no one, do you know. Coincidentally, Rob Wriggle has teamed up with avocados from Mexico. They have an interactive experience that allows consumers to access up to date predictions through guac Guru Wriggle. Funny how that worked out. So the Avocado people and Rob Wriggle are making three predictions for the Big Game. If all three predictions come true, one fan can earn sixty thousand dollars plus free avocados for an entire year, which for me would be none, no, thank you. Rob Riggle's predictions are a team scores exactly twenty points and a player shows off an eating gesture as a celebration, and announcers use the word guacamole during the broadcast. What happens if we go er for three? Do we win anything? Riggle had some more Super Bowl tips other than the chips and guac. You gotta have some charcoutery, which is a word I don't think existed till like five years ago. Everyone says I'm nuts. I think at some point I jumped universes and the universe I'm from. There was no such word as shirt couterie. Suddenly there is and it's everywhere now. But like, but prior to the pandemic, that word didn't exist. But he wants you to have some of that. Maybe some cheese and vegetables, some honey to dip in size are critical Cole's law. You gotta have a potato dish. No, you don't. You don't have to know this. You know what I'm doing here. I'll tell you what I'm doing, and this is do this. Perdue makes quote unquote air fryer wings. And I know it's all in the marketing, but you get those, you throw those in the air fryer, and then you get Frank's hot sauce and you throw that on top. Done, You've got delicious buffalo wings. That's all you need to do. My wife did get the salsa. I got chips and sausa, So I'll do wings kind of early. Then I'll munch on the chips and salsa, have two beers and that's it. Now, I don't have a super Bowl party. I used to do the Super Bowl parties. But here's the thing. I like football. I want to watch the game. I don't need Deacon Mike talking to me about nonsense. So I don't need to hang out with Deacon mic during this game. I like to just hang out by myself. Are you an only child? John, I am? I digress again. Rob Wriggles says, you gotta have a coslaw, No you don't. You gotta have a potato didditional fries. You gotta have some mac and cheese, No you don't. Some means maybe maybe you gotta have a big screen. Of course, I'll be in front of the seventy in shumblebeg flex and you gotta have a lot of places to sit. And that's it. Once you got that, you've totally won. And we do have to do some politics. An interview with the President of the United States will air during the pregame. Jimmy Kimmel had some thoughts about it. I have cut down Jimmy for pacing. I have not edited the portions with President Trump speaking. But here's Jimmy Kimmel's thoughts about tomorrow's interview with the President of the United States.
Speaker 5: President Trump sat for an interview with NBC News that will air in its entirety during the Super Bowl pregame show.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if he.
Speaker 5: Decided to go all out because of the big Super Bowl audience, but this one was a bacon double dementia.
Speaker 3: Burger with cheese.
Speaker 5: This is even for him. This one was nuts. I mentioned last night that seven hundred ICE agents are being withdrawn from Minneapolis.
Speaker 2: Well, they just.
Speaker 5: Added some new tour dates that might be coming to a city near you.
Speaker 4: Which cities are you headed to next?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: We have five cities that were looking at very strongly. But we want to be invited.
Speaker 5: They want to be invited. I want to be invited. Isn't that the plot of the movie Sinners? You have to invite the monsters in.
Speaker 3: After the shooting of Renate Good, you said Ice made some mistakes.
Speaker 4: What were the mistakes? Well, look, I'm not happy with the two incidents. It's not you know, it's both of them.
Speaker 2: Got one or the other.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: He was not an angel and she was not an angel.
Speaker 1: And now they.
Speaker 3: They literally are angels.
Speaker 5: Thanks you?
Speaker 2: What is what he was?
Speaker 5: The age he was the first of all, you don't know anything about those people. How dare you weigh in on what they were what they weren't? Keep your stupid thoughts in your diaper where they belong?
Speaker 3: On this subject, I said, while we're identifying angels, Jeffrey Epstein was your best friend, So maybe leave angels out of the conversation. And then because that wasn't already disgusting enough, he made it worse.
Speaker 5: You mentioned Renee Good and not out and Alex Pretty's not being angels. Do you think any of that justified what happened to them?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 4: No, it should have not happened. It was a very sad to me. It was a very sad incident. Two incidents, and you know they mentioned the one, now they don't mention the other. Well, I think they were both said, and you know who feels worse better than anybody? The people of ice, right right.
Speaker 5: A lot of people would think it would be the parents, or the spouses or the children of the victims.
Speaker 2: And that is your comedy news for today. Let's once again it was so much fun. Let's let Andy Samberg take us out and enjoy the game tomorrow on this is very program Comedian Ismo, he's fantastic. I got at Super Bowl Sunday, but find some time maybe on Monday to listen to the interview with Ismo, because it's really really good and he's a lot of fun. All right, Neil Diamond, take us home.
Speaker 1: I was born in the Stella. My best friend was that bology that is until li mad you Ham touching Ham, touching cheese, touching you.
Speaker 2: Lease sandwich time A man makes it tastes so good.
Speaker 1: This is how I make friends.