Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. The thing I miss the most about not drinking is drinking getting ready. Honestly, it's like it sets the tone like blow drying your hair, putting your makeup on glass of wine hair dryer. This song, we have a big mystery. We have a big mystery in here on this Friday.
Speaker 2: So are you talking about that? Yeah, I'm talking about that.
Speaker 1: There is a piece of citrus in this room that lacks a chain of custody documentation file.
Speaker 3: We do not know the provenance of This appears to be a very large lemon.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is. It is a Sammy Sosa lemon. It is a Barry Bonds lemon. It is Mark McGuire lemon.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I wish I had a more topical current reference, but the steroids have gotten so good that nobody gets caught with him anymore. And they developed those long, lean muscles with whatever this extra special creatinine is now. But that is a lemon from the Royd era of Major League Baseball, and I want to know what was done to that lemon, what that lemon look like it's rookie year and okay, so let's let's think about the possibilities. After we left yesterday it was John's show. John doesn't celebrating your birthday. It was his birthday, so somebody could have, I guess, given him the lemon, the Royd lemon for his birthday. But everyone who knows John knows that he hasn't touched a fruit or a vegetable maybe ever, So I would cancel that out. And then Conway's show. So Conway, I could see him putting a piece of citrus, maybe in like a cocktail. I don't see him being a big lemon.
Speaker 3: Have lemon tree grow great in Burbank, in Burbank throughout the bat.
Speaker 2: He may have a lemon tree. Maybe this is what? Now does he gift lemons to people? Conway?
Speaker 1: Is this something we don't know about him because he doesn't count us as friends.
Speaker 2: Just colleagues. Crispellio, Does Sharon.
Speaker 5: Have a lemon?
Speaker 1: Sharon's in Orange County right named after citrus?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I could see Sharon coming in and giving people lemons, but why would she give one to Conway? It's kind of in the right I could see him forgetting the massive lemon.
Speaker 3: Well, you don't go into work thinking I can't I can't forget my citrus.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing.
Speaker 1: Sharon works with Conway and has every day for years. The last thing she wants to do is bring him a gift, especially towards the end of the week. You know, she's all full up with Conway by a Thursday. She's not thinking about bringing him lemons from the garden.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: And then after Mo Kelly does he do his show from here on Thursdays?
Speaker 2: I think so?
Speaker 1: Okay, So maybe someone brought it to Mo.
Speaker 2: Mo might also have it. He may be the owner. I don't think Moh has a lemon tree. He might, okay, And then uh yeah, that's that's pretty much it. Because handle wasn't here today.
Speaker 3: I don't know where. I don't know where it came from. Anybody has theories. We'd we'd entertain all of them.
Speaker 2: I really would.
Speaker 1: Should we take a picture of Let me take a picture of it and post it so that people can see the size of the lemon really in comparison to what well, I know, we have like a normal that you can tell like, but if you put it up next to your head, my head, you know.
Speaker 2: Let's see here. Smile. I am smiling. Okay.
Speaker 3: An appeals court yesterday did allow President Trump to keep control of the National Guard troops that he deployed here in la. This decision halts the ruling from the lower court judge who found that Trump had acted illegally when he activated the soldiers over the opposition of the governor. The deployment was the first by a president of a state national guard without the governor's permission since nineteen sixty five. This three judge panel voted unanimously or decided unanimously that it was likely that Trump did exercises the authority and federalize and control of the Guard. This we've said that regardless of what this decision was, it was likely to continue to go up the chain in terms of the court system.
Speaker 2: So we'll talk a little bit.
Speaker 3: More about that next hour, sorry, later this hour, and get into some of the specifics and what the next steps would be. Also, a lot was made yesterday about federal agents at Dodger Stadium. We're going to try to suss out exactly what happened, because what we saw yesterday was so riddled with wrong information. It was kind of frustrating to watch, and then even today to see the way that the story is being treated. We all have to be very careful about the kind of information that we are willing to turn around and yell out to our.
Speaker 2: Media in particular, it's awful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the way it's been spun around by various different news agencies is uncomfortable at best. Like you said, today, jd Vance will be in La sometime today. Jd Vance will tour a multi agency federal Joint Operations Center, a federal mobile command center, meet with leadership and marines, and deliver brief re marks.
Speaker 2: Oh, so we'll stay on top of that.
Speaker 3: We are waiting to see if the United States is going to join Israel and it's war with Iran. Of course, yesterday the President put out a statement that suggested he would make a decision within two weeks. Israeli officials had said that they expected a decision within forty eight hours.
Speaker 2: That was yesterday, starting the clock.
Speaker 3: But the biggest issue, the issue is what we would do if we did get involved. There's really only a couple of things that we would be capable of doing that Israel is not, and one of them is this ongoing discussion about bunker buster bombs, these giant thirty thousand pound warheads that would be used to go after nuclear facilities that are buried deep within mountains there in Israel?
Speaker 1: Ps iran, sorry a ps not a sure thing. They're not a sure thing. I just picked up the show run Down for the first time, and it says, in the eleven o'clock hour, we're going to tackle the question why do old people smell?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and how to prevent it? If you're looking, I can answer that.
Speaker 2: I can answer that for us right now. Oh, I don't think you can. It's more than that.
Speaker 1: Let's just say you smell okay, differently than you did when you were twenty one, and differently than you were when you were three.
Speaker 2: You know why decay.
Speaker 1: We're all dying as soon as we're born, and our bodies are breaking down, and as we get older it gets worse inside.
Speaker 2: Is this about your eyebags?
Speaker 3: Listen, you don't have to be a downer like that on a Friday just because you're having it, just because you put your own.
Speaker 2: Makeup on in the truck today.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying it is, Oh, did you have somebody else do your makeup.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, I hired somebody this morning because Fridays, squad Fridays, you want to look good. So yeah, they were at the house earlier. God, Okay, Gary and Shannon will continue.
Speaker 2: It's Friday.
Speaker 3: Don't forget what you learned this week on the Gary and Shannon Show. Comes up late in the show, so let us know what you learned by leaving us a talkback on the iHeart app.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: Okay, So the discussion of what what do you do with a problem like fourd Oh? Fourd Oh is the massive nuclear enrichment facility deep inside a mountain in Iran, and it is considered at this point sort of the least reachable but probably most important nuclear enrichment facility that Iran still is hanging on to. Israel has gone out of its way to target specifically some of the nuclear facilities that Iran has had and has refused to give up, but they do not have the ability to completely destroy them. The kinds of weapons and systems that Iran that Israel does have can do things like bomb air vents and things like that. They can collapse the tunnels that would lead into a mountain, an internal mountain fort. It can cut off the electrical supply, They can hack the computers and things like that, but they can't completely destroy the facility without a giant bunker buster bomb or eight even.
Speaker 2: In other words, they need us.
Speaker 1: Only the United States has the bomber, the B two bomber, and the bomb the GBU fifty seven B that could be capable of destroying the main underground nuclear facility there in Iran. The US Air Force began designing this bunker buster in two thousand and four specifically to attack nuclear facilities deep beneath mountains.
Speaker 2: Because it was what it's for.
Speaker 1: It. Yeah, we knew that this is where people were hiding their toys, and so we created a toy to.
Speaker 2: Defeat all other toys.
Speaker 3: A retired Captain Todd Sawhill, Navy captain, says that this could work.
Speaker 5: Does it have the capacity if it's employed the correct way to have the effect inside the mission space.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, So he did an interview and discuss what would happen specifically if the United States was to go after that facility at Fordel.
Speaker 5: You can use a multiple hit scenarios, so that you have multiple impacts in the same point, you'll create a large crater, spoil will be thrown out, and it allows a pathway for the next commission to go in even deeper and farther, so that successive hits on the same point will allow increase penetraty and increase leath out.
Speaker 1: Yes, and that is key because the GBU fifty seven B can make it about two hundred feet through the kind of concrete used for building foundations. The four TOH Enrichment facility is believed to be another sixty to ninety feet down, so two hundred and sixty to ninety feet underground, so you'd have to make one pass and then at least another pass.
Speaker 3: And he also said that there are believed to be two entrances basically to this FOURDOH facility.
Speaker 5: If they wanted to go after the portal entrances, it's likely that they would use two B twos for each portal entrance, so it could drop two bombs per portal.
Speaker 2: Okay, so each.
Speaker 3: B two bomber could carry two of these GBU fifty sevens. You use two per portal, two planes per portal, that's four bombs per portal.
Speaker 2: Eight total. That is what a show. Could you imagine watching that?
Speaker 1: I can't I see one BT bomber and I be to be too bomber and I lose my ability to hold my urination.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, they're just magical. They're not even targeting you. If you know that they were targeting go now.
Speaker 3: Granted, these things are going to be flying at forty or fifty thousand feet, so no one's going to see it. It's going to be way too late before you realize if you realize.
Speaker 2: That the things raining down upon you. But again these.
Speaker 3: Updates, there were more strikes thrown both sides. Israel bombed Iran, Iran bombed Israel, the latest this morning. In fact, a couple hours ago, there was a massive explosion in the Israeli city of Haifa which caused significant damage and they're still doing damage assessment in that.
Speaker 1: If the B two is at fifty thousand feet, yeah, you won't even see it. What a waste. You definitely wouldn't hear it, not until it passes you. And even then and then by the time you hear the whistle of almost supersonic warhead coming down upon you.
Speaker 2: Wow, you don't have time to hear a night. How does Trump hear that kind of thing and not press go? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Gary and Shannon will continue the latest on a court win for President Trump and what Gavin Newsom's reaction is going to be.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI Am six forty.
Speaker 2: Do you need makeup? It's radio? Oh? I know it was. She does that as a favor to us. It was such a.
Speaker 1: Special world when it was just radio. Nobody ever saw us. We could just be the homeless trolls that we are.
Speaker 2: Reminds me of Covid.
Speaker 5: Swatz, of them and who left his sisters in your office in your studio for that girly man, Gary, he's such a girly man.
Speaker 2: He talks about gurly things. It's the same size as its head.
Speaker 1: Look at that. It's like sitters on the toothpick, like a giant lemon on the toothpick.
Speaker 2: Look at that head and it's shiny, looks a shiny forehead on that. I love an impression from nineteen eighty eight. Right, keeping it real, keeping it topical.
Speaker 5: Garry, I cannot believe you do not know that you have a Friday opening.
Speaker 2: I've been seeing along to that opening for as long as you guys have been on Yeah. Wow, Gary, I've.
Speaker 1: Gotten a lot of texts about that Wow of people that cannot believe that you don't that rings no bell for you, that we've done that on every Friday for a very long time.
Speaker 2: Except the News and Bruise, News and Bruise, we have the difference.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we've done News and Bruise like ten times. We've done that Friday open in like one hundreds, five hundred Yeah, okay, five hundred.
Speaker 2: Ten years, yeah, fifty years.
Speaker 1: Look at you and math Math. Police in Prague listen to this. You're going to freak out. I freaked out a little bit, but I don't freak out, but I mean it made me feel uncomfortable. Police in Prague say they've detained three suspects who were treating patients in a fake dental office. No licenses, no training, They were running this illegal business.
Speaker 2: They face up to eight years in prison. Police say.
Speaker 1: The twenty two year old son, I guess it was a father son team consulted the internet to do procedures, including extractions.
Speaker 3: Well, at least they looked it up and they didn't just kind of freehand it ah.
Speaker 1: It was a mother, a father, and a sony family bits. The mother worked as his assistant as a son's assistant, and the father made the prosthetic devices. They made one hundred and eighty five grand before they were caught. Okay, But didn't they help people? Apparently they did. Okay, if they made one hundred and eighty five grand doing under the table dental procedures before they were caught, well there had to be some satisfied customers.
Speaker 3: There's got to be Listen, we've talked about don't get your butt lift at a motel six, right, That's kind of one of the rules of life that comes out of this show because usually they're going to use, you know, silicone from home depot or something and put it in your butt cheeks. But in the event that these people are actually producing doable dental work, right, maybe they're helping people.
Speaker 2: Maybe.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: I love that you're seeing the good and this horrifying story of somebody with tools inside your mouth that has no training.
Speaker 2: Let's move on, shall we.
Speaker 3: The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals has decided to leave troops in LA at the hands of the Trump administration. Of course, the state of California had objected in federal court, but the three judge panel found that the president has broad authority to deploy the military and American City. It's not unreviewable, but it is broad power. Judge Mark Bennett, Trump appointee, wrote for the panel, we disagree with defendant's primary argument that the president's decision to federalize members of the National Guard is completely insulated from judicial review. Nonetheless, we are persuaded that, under long standing precedent interpreting the statutory predecessor, our review of that decision must be highly deferential. Rob Bonta, your Attorney General, said, this case is far from over. While the court did not provide immediate relief for Angelino's, can we ban that word from ever existing anymore? We remain confident in our arguments and we will continue to fight. Governor Newsom said, we will press forward with our challenge to President Trump's authority, sorry, President Trump's authoritarian use of US military soldiers against citizens. A lot of legal scholars have come out and said that the decision went exactly the way they expected. Even if the Ninth Circuit Court is not one of the most liberal courts, it still is, but it has moved and has been balanced quite a bit in terms of political ideology since the start of Trump's first term. Professor Legal Studies at Central Florida said, it's critically important for the people to understand just how much power Congress has given the president through these statutes that judges for hundreds of years now have given extreme deference to the president and national security decisions, including the use of the military. No other area of law where the president or executive gets that level of deference. We've seen that play out specifically in what's going on between Iran and Israel, because there are members of Congress who are demanding that Trump go to Congress before he do any sort of military action or take part in any sort of military action against Iran. Again, the state says this will continue to be adjudicated by the uducial system and we'll see where it goes next.
Speaker 1: The lawmaker and his wife, who survived the shooting at their home in Minnesota, is talking about how the attack unfolded. About the night before they had gone to dinner, They went to bed, but were awakened around two am by someone pounding on the front door and shouting, we'll tell you the rest when we come back.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six.
Speaker 1: Forty Hope Leo criticizing the negative consequences of growing AI use in a message this week, an emerging through line of his papacy. They say the message was directed to participants of an annual conference on AI and ethics in Rome. Pope said there is a possibility for misuse for selfish gain and as a way to foment conflict and aggression.
Speaker 2: Oh mend I always love that work me too, great word. We don't use it enough, all of us, he said.
Speaker 1: I am sure a concerned for children and young people and the consequences of the use of AI on their intellectual and neurological development. Our youth must be helped and not hindered and their journey towards maturity and true responsibility, Amen, op Leo.
Speaker 3: Yesterday Dodgers lost to the Padres. Game that ended with well, didn't end with but there was a nice, nice little bench clearing moment after Fernando Tatis got hit with a pitch? Was this both both managers got ejected. Which game was this Dodgers Padres?
Speaker 2: Yes? No, no, no, there was alert.
Speaker 1: I got from the Pirates game of some sort of scuffle.
Speaker 3: Oh, the guy in the bullpen was was getting it in, getting into it with a fan.
Speaker 1: Oh yea yeah, I said, the fan cross the line, and then I was wondering what happened.
Speaker 3: I didn't see what he said, but the guy in the bullpen tried to reach up and swipe at the guy. I mean, you know the bullpen fence. The fans can hang over, but there are ten fifteen feet above where the players are, right, so the guy tried to go after him.
Speaker 2: Get him. You obviously missed.
Speaker 3: But Indiana Pacers forced the NBA Finals Game seven. They won last night over the Oklahoma City Thunder one O eight ninety one. So Game seven back in OKC on Sunday night. That was a slacking yeah. And then the Yankees be the Angels in the Bronx seventy three. Angels actually come home to host the Astros tonight, Dodgers will host the Washington National.
Speaker 1: That's not a way you want to go into a Game seven like that. They were down by twenty at the half and then just continued to be down about twenty. Yeah, all right, So Minnesota State Senator John Hoffman and his wife, Yvette, are the couple that survived that madman that had his sets sites set on shooting and killing lawmakers in Minnesota and was able to do so at one home, but not at the home of the Hoffmans. They have shared details for the first time of the morning nearly a week ago when that guy in a silicone mask knocked on their door, identified himself as a police officer, and shot them repeatedly.
Speaker 3: The night before, the Hoffman family, no relation by the way, return home for a dinner hosted by the political party that he's a member of the Minnesota Democratic Farm Labor Party, and they went to bed. They were awakened at that two in the morning knock. Of course, when they opened the door. Three of them were standing at the door, John, Yvette, and their adult daughter Hope standing in the entryway. The gun was pointed directly at John, and as he lunged toward the gunman, the guy shot him nine times.
Speaker 1: As John fell, Yvett reached out to push the man and shut the door, and she was hit eight times by the gunfire.
Speaker 3: The daughter at that point was able to close and lock the door. Obviously, she immediately called nine to one one. But that's this is the key that triggered the notice to the public safety officials, law enforcement agencies throughout the area and eventually throughout the state that this was a potentially politically motivated act. And one of the first things they did was find other politicians who lived in that neighborhood. Now Advance Bolter is the gunman's name. He visited the homes of at least four Minnesota lawmakers, attempting to kill Hoffman's but also then moving on to State Representative Melissa Hortman and her husband Mark. In fact, when police went to her house, that guy's vehicle was parked in the driveway where the fake SUV looking law enforcement vehicle, and he was walking out of the front door, having just shot and killed the state representative and her husband. They trade gunfire, the guy is able to go back in the house and somehow get away, and then, of course it wasn't. Two days later they eventually find him closer to where he lived. But after the shooting, State Senator John Hoffman and his wife Yvette both underwent surgery, critical but stable. They say a vett is stable as well. They are both expected to make it, but the governor in Minnesota, Tim Walls told reporters that he expects a vet to be released from the hospital very very soon, and as of today, they said no one under her name is currently being treated at Mercy Hospital, So that's good.
Speaker 1: I was trying to think, you know, two am, someone's pounding and shouting on your front door, and I'm assuming the shouting things like police open up. Since he told them he was a police officer when they opened the door. Who wouldn't respond to that. I don't know, you know what I mean. When I first hear about that pounding on the door at two am, I'm like, well, I'm not going to go to the door. What the hell else are you going to do? Especially if they're saying police open up?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: We have a peep hole in our door, right and I've used that before, and there's a new I don't think this was a thing until recently.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm wrong when people knock on your door.
Speaker 3: If I was to knock on your door, I would knock on your door and wait for you to answer the way. I've seen a lot of people do it now, especially with the video doorbell, you can see anybody that comes to your door. Is they'll knock on your door and then they'll walk several feet away from the door. And I don't know if that's a courtesy thing, like they don't want you to feel threatened if they're too close or whatever. I've had law enforcement at my house. I've had the Sheriff's department come out to my house, not for me, but something in the neighborhood, for example, and they just want to ask, hey, did you get any do you know all that stuff? And whenever that happens, they would knock on the door and walk several feet back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you wouldn't in the moment two am wake up. See that in them not walking back and go off. They didn't walk back like the way they usually do. Remember, this guy's in tactical gear. He's got a tactical vehicle with the lights parked in front. Passenger door or driver door probably open. Everything checks out. If you're two am and you wake up in the middle of night, not knock knock police, You look at your people, You're like.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's going on? Boom boom boom.
Speaker 1: I mean it's so hard to think about any I mean, just in all these situations you think, well, how could I have protect myself against this?
Speaker 2: It's just human nature. There's no way. Yeah, I wouldn't. I would.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't even have the sensibility to ask something like is it urgent?
Speaker 1: Like or let me see your bad let me see your badge like that would not even rise to my I am programmed to do what the police say, so, for better or for worse, most people I think would get shot in that situation.
Speaker 3: I don't know, and you certainly wouldn't if you if you had a weapon and somebody knocks on your door two am, and your reaction is to grab that and take that to the front door with you. If there's an officer on the other side of the door, you're going to be extremely careful and not answer it with the I answered the door with the gun in your hand. That's just it's an awful But that was also why when they were still searching for this guy, they were telling people, do not answer the door if a single officer approaches your home.
Speaker 2: Oh interesting, they would that they were.
Speaker 3: Only doing twosies, Oh okay, while they were still searching, so that they would so that would be it.
Speaker 2: But that's not like the way it always is. It's not especially late at night like that.
Speaker 3: That's not the way it is, all right, what really happened at Dodger Stadium yesterday? We'll try to get some clarification, and this should serve us, serve all of us a reminder we have to be careful with information, especially in heated times like this.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 3: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.