Speaker 1: Rip need advice, so you don't have.
Speaker 2: Come running just as fast as you can. Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come, Ma Dix. He is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 4: No Tom Martino, Hi Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Got a studio full here at UH my base and we have Paul the Waterman with me and uh from Waterpros dot net Boy. A lot happening on that front, more and more chemicals discovered.
Speaker 4: Each and every day.
Speaker 6: I have.
Speaker 4: Deputy d with us as well.
Speaker 5: Is Mark on Mark, and I'll be going to uh Mark on camera, getting him okay, and then Mark will be on and then of course uh He's on from his studio and then we'll get him on video shortly. But right now, we are going to have a special guest coming up in a little while and I'm going to try to do that by zoom and we've already talked about it, of course, and he's ready to go on that, so welcome. It's the anniversary of the Hamas attack and that's part of my guest topic we'll have and then we're also talking about your problems, questions and complaints. Now in consumer life, there is something that is absolutely positively happening that it's called shrink flation. Do you know what shrink flation is. Shrink Flation is where it's kind of weird. It's weird where they keep the price the same but they give you less of the products. They hope you don't notice price increases. God, it's happening all over.
Speaker 4: Listen to this.
Speaker 5: About thirty three percent of products have shrunk.
Speaker 4: Have you noticed any of them?
Speaker 5: They shrink about forty percent, sometimes as much as forty percent now when done in a survey, by the way, lending Tree did this survey, they said seventy percent of Americans are are noticing it seventy percent.
Speaker 4: Now. They say that it's an easier.
Speaker 5: Nut to crack, an easier challenge with consumers than raising prices and keeping the price the same, I mean the package the same. So what you really need to look at And this is really good because supermarkets do what is called unit pricing on the shelves.
Speaker 4: Amazon does unit pricing.
Speaker 5: In fact, I think unit pricing has become ubiquitous in the marketplace.
Speaker 4: Where you can find people or items.
Speaker 5: And even though you might get three for this much, and you might get you know, three packages or a pack of one hundred or a pack of thirty.
Speaker 4: There's always a unit price that tells you what is.
Speaker 5: That breaking down per unit and per or per ounce or per whatever. It gives you a comparison, so you're not confused. Now, what I want to know is if you've noticed it, I want to go to my panel right here, I'm going to go to both of you.
Speaker 4: Have you noticed that, Paul of the Waterman? Absolutely? What have you noticed it? With? Mostly basically, you know, everyday grocery items.
Speaker 5: I mean, cereals are really because the boxes are the same, so that's really sneaky cereal, the weight changes.
Speaker 7: Chips, cookies, I mean, we buy a lot of stuff for our granddaughter when she stays with us. And you know, I notice that you know, any every major you know, household product we buy as far as groceries, I have Deputy d Yeah.
Speaker 8: I think it's uh.
Speaker 9: I think it's more interesting to tell you what actually is going the other way, which is what the hole in the donut is getting bigger?
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, ye Hey hey Kaschina, do we have other deputy standing by? We do?
Speaker 10: We have Deputy Bow here and we have a deputy doc of course, are they that we also.
Speaker 11: Send believe that deputy do sorry dollar?
Speaker 4: Okay? Cool? So so who I'm both in the studio with Doc and then dollars standing by?
Speaker 5: Welcome okay, so uh three oh three seven one three talks are number seven one three, eight two five five And we'll go to John right now.
Speaker 12: John, this morning, Tom.
Speaker 4: What's going on with you John?
Speaker 12: Okay, I'll keep it brief.
Speaker 4: Is this where your son is going through a divorce?
Speaker 12: H he's ten years past the divorce?
Speaker 4: Right? Okay, you're called. I think you called on Friday.
Speaker 5: We said we would get you back and try to get one of our experts tell your story, sir.
Speaker 12: Okay. So, after four years of joint custody, his ex wife was able to make a case with the court that he should only have supervised visitation. Court accepted that and they said, okay, you're gonna go start meeting with your daughters and supervised visitation. That whole situation set aside for a second first day of school rolled around, and he wanted to give his daughters a card and a snack, but he didn't want to go talk to them directly because she's not supposed to.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 12: So I volunteered to go and meet the daughters at My granddaughters at the entrance to the school, stood there first one came along handed those said, this is from your father. Went to the other school because she's younger. Found the other daughter, did the same thing and left. The director of the school sent an email to me which school, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Which school? You said? You went to? Two schools?
Speaker 12: Well, they're they're they're charter schools in Loveland, but Leland And is it the.
Speaker 4: Same director on both schools? Yes, it is, okay, go ahead.
Speaker 12: So they turned around and he sent me a no trespass order because I was helping my son violate court orders. Now he's not violating court orders because there was nothing in the orders that said that he couldn't do what he did.
Speaker 6: And he didn't do it.
Speaker 3: I did it.
Speaker 12: So the question comes up in that does the school director have the authority to bar me from school?
Speaker 5: There's more over, there's more than that. There's more than that issue. Okay, there's more than that. Usually with a no contact order, Usually if I had a no contact order not to contact Mark and I sent a message through deputy doc, that is violating the order.
Speaker 12: Now it was not a contact order. What's that it was not a no contact order per se, and that was a question that will hold.
Speaker 4: Hold on, John, What order? What order is your son under.
Speaker 12: A I'm not sure how to answer that.
Speaker 4: It's it's supervised. I have it here.
Speaker 5: It's supervised visitation, right, Okay, under a supervised visitation order. I'm not aware that he can't send messages to his kids. I'm not aware. We're going to get an expert. Okay, now here's the deal. I really need to get this done really quickly with Bonnie because I have some other calls. Bonnie, what do you think? First of all, the school can enforce anything they want. Okay, the school has authority to say, don't trespass, you're not approved anyway. We don't want you giving things to any student. I think that's a separate issue. But Bonnie, when you have supervised visitation and you send a message to your kids, are you violating anything?
Speaker 13: It depends on what that whole order says.
Speaker 6: Tom.
Speaker 13: You really could be.
Speaker 14: I really just had I had this issue come up in a case less than a month ago.
Speaker 13: If the court order says, here's what you get with your kid, you get supervised visitation.
Speaker 14: Two times a week at the So and so Center. It didn't say you can also have phone calls with your kids, So yeah, you.
Speaker 13: Could conceivably be violating that. It depends on what.
Speaker 14: That order says.
Speaker 12: Really, that was part of the issue, and there was a request to the court to clarify that. But in the meantime, because the courts are as slow as molasses.
Speaker 4: And this is what we did.
Speaker 12: So the question is does the administrator have the authority to borrow me from the campus?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, and they have the authority to do that.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 4: The answer is yes. It has nothing to do with the order.
Speaker 5: They may give you a flawed reason, but all he has to say is, look at you don't have authority to contact any of our kids at the school. Are you on any list to pick up the kids after school or anything?
Speaker 12: I'm not sure. I may have been at one time.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: John.
Speaker 5: Here's the bottom line, Bonnie, I think you'll agree with me. A private school or a charter school, it doesn't matter. There are a proof lists for picking up kids and for contact gay kids. So you're asking two separate questions. Did your son violate the order? We don't know until we see the order.
Speaker 4: The second one is does the school have the authority to tell you not to trespass?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 4: Okay, Bonnie, would you agree on both of those things?
Speaker 14: I would, Tom.
Speaker 13: I think you've got to take whatever that court order is and look at whatever's on there.
Speaker 3: That's what you get.
Speaker 14: It's not like you get that plus the mother stuff unless it forbids you. That's what you get is what's on that paper.
Speaker 5: Now, John, he can challenge that, but not through you, because he can send a message, I guess, or text them maybe.
Speaker 4: But I don't think he can send a messenger.
Speaker 5: No matter what, because that's a whole separate issue with the school, whole shepherd issue, and in fact with supervised visitation, you know. I mean, he can't go and drop it off, and I don't know who can. Maybe he can ask the the mom to drop or to give it to them, right anyway, I gotta take this break. I'm Tom Martino, Bonnie Shield's Law. Thank you, Bonnie, divorce attorney for helping our family law attorney for helping us out. I'm Tom Martino. We have more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best Rufer excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies.
Speaker 4: Find out now three O three seven seven to one help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot Com to list your home Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter man. We got something very very unique going on right now.
Speaker 15: We have.
Speaker 5: From Israel Live and we have someone who I've talked to before and I wanted to do something for the anniversary. I'm gonna bring up the picture really good Ari Again, I apologize in my audience if the sound isn't perfect, but I think.
Speaker 4: It might be.
Speaker 5: Ari Arie Lightstone basically has a big a big background in diplomacy and authorship. He's written books, also education. He was the senior advisor for the US Ambassador to Israel. He also had a critical role a crucial role in implementing the Abraham Accords, which were supposed to foster peace and normalization between Israel and Arab nations, and then before his diplomatic role, he was involved in Jewish education and all kinds of interesting things. He's very prominent in the Jewish community and in politics and now in Israel. And it's the one year anniversary of the Hamas attack, and Ari, I just want you to set the scene for what's going on right now, basically if you could.
Speaker 16: For us, sure.
Speaker 17: I mean, it was a year and one day ago that my family and I were in the midst of celebrating one of the happiest days of the Jewish year. And it wasn't just myself and my family, it was almost everybody who lives in Israel, Israelis and non Israelis Americans like myself and my family, enjoying the revelry of a day that culminates an entire month of Jewish holidays. And woke up that morning, went to synagogue at seven thirty am.
Speaker 16: Apparently I slept through a.
Speaker 17: Rocket alert, because they're fairly infrequent, or at least they were a year ago.
Speaker 16: Infrequent by my house.
Speaker 17: As I explained to you, seventeen minutes ago, the houties from Yemen just shot at us.
Speaker 16: So we just spent a half an hour in our bomb shelter.
Speaker 17: But went to synagogue like we would any other Saturday morning, and about forty five minutes later, it was clear that this was not just any Saturday morning. There was murmurings, and then murmurings broke into rumors, and then rumors broke into an announcement from the rabbi canceling synagogue and ordering everybody to go home for their own safety. Now, if you spend enough time in Israel, you'll know that security incidences.
Speaker 16: Are way too frequent. But certainly there.
Speaker 17: Would be nothing in my neighborhood which was equivalent to Hilltop or Cherry Creek in Colorado. I mean, it's a pristine, beautiful suburb where the worst thing that happens rome is double barking. And to be sent home from synagogue for our own safety was something.
Speaker 16: Unusual.
Speaker 17: And then as we walked home it's a fifteen minute walk from our synagogue to our home, there were young men lining the street waiting to be picked up to go to the front in their uniforms with their weaponry, and that was just something that I had never seen it in my life. After the Sabbath, we turned on the news, and the news was too horrific to imagine.
Speaker 6: It couldn't be true.
Speaker 17: There couldn't be mass murders inside of Israel. There couldn't be mass rapes inside of Israel, and there certainly couldn't have been hiddenappings of not one or two, but hundreds of people. There couldn't be fighting within Israel itself. And I immediately sent a message to several of my friends who I knew.
Speaker 16: Would have called up.
Speaker 17: And if they weren't called up, they would have run to the line of fires. That's the kind of people that they are. Chatting with one of my buddies on WhatsApp at around ten pm that evening and he said, we're approaching the next area that we need to go liberate. I didn't even know what those words meant. And about three hours later I sent him a note to check in one in the morning to see how he was doing. And his buddy had his phone and he said, your friend, my friend Omri is not with us anymore. He was killed by a terrorist trying to save a family with three little kids.
Speaker 5: How many how many hostages are still captives?
Speaker 17: So on October seventh of last year, they took over two hundred and fifty hostages from forty four different countries of every major religion Islam, Christian, Judaism, and more.
Speaker 16: More than one hundred were released, several were rescued.
Speaker 17: Many of them were murdered, and today there are one hundred and one bodies in Gaza.
Speaker 16: How many of those are still alive?
Speaker 17: Obviously we pray for most, but the reality is no more than half are still with us, including somebody who was kidnapped at the age of eight months and is now twenty months old, having spent more than one hundred and twenty percent of his life in some tunnel Underdouzen.
Speaker 4: Now, what just happened today you mentioned?
Speaker 17: Yeah, so October seventh, which is a day where Jewish people, certainly Israelis forget Jewish or not, are in a sense of commemoration of the most terrific attack against the Jewish people since the Holocaust. Their ceremonies, their school assemblies, there are videos, their stories.
Speaker 16: All of the national TVs and radios.
Speaker 17: Are playing somber songs, telling stories of heroism and martyrdom in all of these things, and Hamas uses this opportunity, obviously to launch rocket attacks, their largest rocket fire.
Speaker 16: Since I want to say July.
Speaker 17: Now Hasbellah from the north has been shooting rockets all day long, and the Huti's and Yemen just shot a cruise missile at Israel, which sent everybody in central Israel to their bombshells for better than thirty minutes. As that missile at the word to make an impact on a residential la area would kill ten thousand people. Thank god, it was blown off in an air by the incredible air defenses that Israel has code developed with the Great United States of America.
Speaker 4: All right, I want to just address the elephant in the room. We all knew.
Speaker 5: And last year when this happened, you came on and said, put down your arms, we stop, we stop, put down your arms, we stop. People on college campus. Isn't all over. I don't want to go over it. I don't want to give them the dignity of publication. But we know they're saying you went too far. You went too far. They keep saying you went too far, and when are you gonna stop? Okay, So Ari, how do you address that?
Speaker 16: Yeah, no, it's very simple. And here let into complicated things.
Speaker 17: The war is over the day that the hostages are returned. The war could have been over on October eighth. The war could have been over on the day that those who organized, committed, and celebrated the massacre could have turned themselves in. But here's the challenge and people in the West. Until we get this, we will be destined to lose these wars. Kamas's goal is to see as many people die as possible, and that includes Palesidians. At every college campus that celebrates October seventh. The murderer, rapist, kidnapper who's hanging out in a tunnel under Gaza named Sinewar is celebrating knowing that those college students, those.
Speaker 16: College professors, and in some cases those college.
Speaker 17: Presidents have made his point. And it is remarkable how many useful idiots there are out there. This is not a hard moral decision. Do you stand on the side of the innocence of billions? You stand on the side of the rapists and the murderers and the kidnappers. And it's remarkable which side so many supposedly smart people have chosen.
Speaker 16: This is not a hard call.
Speaker 5: But Ari they say that innocent people are being killed, they show the news media. They're always showing the victims of Israel, the children the women, the widows.
Speaker 4: So what do you say to that.
Speaker 5: They're saying, well, go after the terrorists, go after them, but you're not. You have too much collateral damage. How do you address that?
Speaker 17: Yeah, so a couple of different things. Let's just take one of these neutral arbiters, the United Nations. So they run an organization and calls the United Nations Work relief organization or agency in charge of helping the Palestinians in Gaza. They have fourteen thousand employees in Gaza. Prior to the war, well over a thousand of them were found out to be active members of commas in every single listen carefully to this one. In every single undera UN facility in Gaza, and there are hundreds of them, every single one of them, not eighty percent, every single one of them turned out to be a terror base. So when they talk about the innocent circumstances that happened in Gaza over the last twenty years, when Gazans have had the opportunity to rule themselves.
Speaker 16: Completely and totally, they.
Speaker 17: Could have built Singapore, they could have built Dubai. Instead, they chose to build Hamasa stand and with that, unfortunately comes an enormous mental collateral damage. There are tens of billions of dollars of investment that went into Gaza, and it could have again built hospitals and universities and high tech centers.
Speaker 16: But instead built terror tunnels.
Speaker 17: Every home, every un center, every hospital was a terror base. Now that does not mean that the innocent women and children who are victims here are.
Speaker 16: Anything other than a tragedy. Well, let's be very careful where we point the finger.
Speaker 17: That finger needs to be pointed squarely, directly and totally at Kramas, who are rejoicing when they die. That the classic picture is the Israeli soldier will stand in between the enemy and the women and children he perceived innocent, which they are, and Ramas will put the women and children in front of them.
Speaker 16: As human shields.
Speaker 17: If we can't understand this, and if we can't articulate this clearly, then the West has lost.
Speaker 16: We just haven't realized it yet.
Speaker 5: Why Why aren't college campuses and certain factions not getting it even within our own Congress.
Speaker 14: Why?
Speaker 16: Well, there are two reasons for that.
Speaker 17: One is the oldest hatred in the world, anti Semitism. Why has this been around for the better part of twenty five hundred years.
Speaker 16: I don't have an answer.
Speaker 17: I'm a faith believing person and I think it's ordained from the Bible for some reason that I don't fully understand.
Speaker 16: But the second part is, look, the Western.
Speaker 17: World has decided, in the elite academic institutions, in the mainstream media that the world has to be divided in between the oppressed and the oppressor. And they've decided that the Jews and Israel are the oppressor and the Palestinians are the oppressed. And then you have this crazy thing which is called Queers for Palestine. I'll tell all of the listeners on your show what happens to Queers for Palestine. They get hanged from cranes in Gaza. They're not celebrated, there's no parade. It is a crime punishable by death. And it's not a crime punishable by death that people just sort of not at. They actively pursue you with their secret police and publicly kill you in order to make a lesson out of you. And there are parades their protests on every college campus in our country of Queers for Palestine. It doesn't make any sense. Not terribly dissimilar to the people who set championed. Let's defund the police and then are puzzled that crime goes up.
Speaker 16: This isn't logic.
Speaker 17: This is just emotions in order to virtue signal, and it's frankly nauseating.
Speaker 5: Well the same with women who violate moral codes, so called moral codes.
Speaker 4: They're not friends of women.
Speaker 6: Oh for sure not.
Speaker 17: Feminist for Palestine is relatively entertaining organization. I know exactly how they would be treated in Gaz. I know exactly how they would be treated in the West. And by the way, let me just prove the nature here that is anti Semitic as opposed to anything else. There have been more people killed in Sudan since October seventh Muslims against Muslims than Israel and Gaza by I think ten x.
Speaker 16: I haven't seen a single protests.
Speaker 17: There have been more people killed in the Southeast Asia in inter country rivalries that have been killed in Israel and Gaza by I think twenty x. And there are no protests. When people are walking on the streets of London or Denver, New York City, they aren't screaming anymore from the river to the sea. They're chanting that they represent the route and that they represent Tehran. This has nothing to do with rights for the Palestinians. This has everything to do with hatred for the state of Israel and frankly for the Jewish people.
Speaker 4: Ari. I have to run and I just want a parting message.
Speaker 5: If you could speak to those on college campuses or those in Congress who seem to be carrying the Hamas flag. Yeah, I'm not gonna do that because they're one percent of the count jo and speak to the other ninety percent for just one moment.
Speaker 16: You're better than this.
Speaker 17: And to the degree that this becomes a Jewish problem, the Jews will figure out I'm here in Israel, man.
Speaker 16: These are a resilient bunch. They're going to win this war. They're going to fight this war.
Speaker 17: And they're going to walk down more successful than they were beforehand, and they're going to dedicate it to the memories of those people who were killed. If you look at the twenty year olds in Israel today who are willing to list their lives for something bigger than themselves, and you look at the twenty year olds on the Columbia campus or the Metro campus in Denver, Colorado, who are willing to protest as long as they get oak Machiado's with a little bit of foam, and they're willing to go ahead in that case. Tell me which country you're going to bet on the future of and I'm an American and I want to bet on the future of America. But my goodness, if this is just a Jewish issue or an Israeli issue, America loss. And I refuse to believe that America will lose this.
Speaker 16: We are better than this. Those members of Congress don't represent you. They don't represent me.
Speaker 17: And those college professors, college presidents, and those pseudo students certainly don't represent the Americans that I.
Speaker 4: Know and that I love and ari do.
Speaker 5: Your friends and neighbors in Denver who know you will love to see how good you look here. If they go to the the UH, they go to the Troubleshooter Network YouTube.
Speaker 4: You look great. Thank you for being here. I really appreciate it, and happy Holidays to you.
Speaker 16: And hey, Tom, thank you so much. Appreciate it.
Speaker 5: And we have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. I'm Tom Martino. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content than.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three o three seven one three talk three three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: I got with me, Paul the Waterman, and uh, by the way, give us a call on anything you can call three oh three Martino twenty four seven three oh three six two seven eight four six six and uh, Paul the Waterman, let's talk. This is getting to a people do not understand this. If they could see the crap in their water, they would be mortified. They would be absolutely mortified. The p fis problem p fase those are plastics.
Speaker 4: The p files are forever chemicals.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, wait wait, so we got two problems. We've got the plastics and the pfas. Let's explain that forever chemicals first, because I'm.
Speaker 4: Serious, this is what I'm reading articles every day, and I'm not sure why. I guess the election cycle, but no one is addressing water, no one, No one's a dressing water.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 7: The concern with the piles are forever chemicals that we're introduced to the world basically in the nineteen forties. It's a water repellent resistant material from fabric to chemicals. Use the coating that we'd spread in the windshield, the coating we used to put on cement back before tracks decking.
Speaker 4: We used to use this coating of decks. So how do they get into the water.
Speaker 7: So they get in the water environmentally, And now what's happened, Tom, is that the pa FOC contamination is so bad that waste treatment plants nationwide okay, sell human waste to farmers and the human waste is used for fertilizer. That human waste now is becoming so contaminated with p files that the farmers that use it on their fields, that ground and if the livestock that ate the hay, for example, are so content contaminated, that's right, they can't they can't be sold.
Speaker 4: If they're called forever chemicals, then should we just toss in the towel? What the hell can we do?
Speaker 6: Ask?
Speaker 4: Seriously, they're called forever forever chemicals, and what's going going on? What do we do about it?
Speaker 7: Well, point of use for verse osmosis is step one is we have to take responsibility for our own safety and quality of drinking water. We have microplastics, that's another issue. We have pharmaceuticals. That's the other emerging issue, and that's a huge problem that they're not talking about, but they will. And so with the forever chemicals, they don't break down, they don't dissipate, and the forever chemicals, once they get in the water supply, they reconnect like mercury does. And so it's something that it's they started a year ago. The EPA did a webinar and the webinar said, hey, we want this down to four part per trillion.
Speaker 4: That's really small. Think about it. Four part perdrillion is really small. Now the EPA comes.
Speaker 7: Back and says, heyeds, this issue is more toxic than what we first thought.
Speaker 4: So they went it down to zero. Yeah, but okay, they may want that, but it's never going to happen.
Speaker 7: Never going to happen. So with the point of use RO system, that's step one. That's why I came up with that special for a softener, an RO for thirty one ninety five, because the proper functionality of a reverse osmosis is to supply it with soft water and that way you got a water soft and you've got the drinking water and then you can start removing the pea foles. Because I know right now the p FILES is it's a global contaminant. It's in the plants we eat, the vegetables and fruit, it's in the meat we eat. Plus the plastic wrapping that they that they wrap our produce when we go buy meat and steak and from the grocery store. That's also another issue of contamination.
Speaker 5: So we're talking, okay, right now, that's just the pfas. What about plastic that's totally separate.
Speaker 4: That's totally separate. So we have we where's where's that coming from?
Speaker 7: That's in every major bottle body of water, you know, universal where's it coming from? Well, it's coming from the landfills. So plastic doesn't disintegrate or disappear, it gets smaller and smaller and smaller. The bottle water industry, in a separate note, because of their manufacturing practices created pea files problems in bottle water, and we all heard about that a couple of months ago. So now what's happening is is that when plastics run into something instead of they get smaller in tiny So now we have tiny particles.
Speaker 5: So our treatment facilities can't deal with They can't deal with it. What about filtering.
Speaker 7: Now they are trying to design filters, but the issue with the filters is is like, so if microplastics get caught in a filter, but then something else, another particle runs into it, it breaks it smaller. So that's where a nanofiltration where the reverse hosmosis is designed to.
Speaker 5: Remove the plastics of will will reverse osmosis. And I know people think, well, we're trying to do a sales job, but I'm telling you this is the God's honest truth. Just like I talk about supplements, I feel the same about talking about water filtration. It's like talking about supplements. Your body needs certain things or your body doesn't need certain things.
Speaker 4: With water, it's what it doesn't need.
Speaker 5: So with reverse osmosis, it'll take out PIFAs and plastics absolutely down to what size.
Speaker 7: Well, we're going to get about ninety eight percent reduction. And so the membrane is the ro membrane, reverse osmosis, main filter is that zero point zeros are one micron? Well that's good, so okay, so bet the thing to think about is that when we're talking about these microplastics, is the same concern with pifos.
Speaker 4: You know, it's it's it's it's global. I gotta take this break. I'm sorry, Oh, I'm sorry.
Speaker 15: This is really important.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight Ry five to five, Eddie.
Speaker 4: What's going on with you?
Speaker 6: Eddie?
Speaker 18: Yes, I was wanting to see. I was running a house out in Aura and we moved out and we got the period deposit back, but we had some charges on there that I didn't feel we should have been charged, and I was wondering if there was anything we can.
Speaker 4: Okay about it. Yeah, there's a whole bunch of things you can do.
Speaker 5: First, I want to ask you, did they follow the law and get that notice to you of what they were withholding within the There's thirty days by law, but they can extend it to sixty days in a written lease.
Speaker 4: So did you get the notice in time? No?
Speaker 18: The only thing we received was just the the leftover whatever was left.
Speaker 4: Over on the Yeah, when did you get that?
Speaker 6: And then just.
Speaker 18: Maybe about about a week ago, a week or two ago, But.
Speaker 5: That doesn't tell me, But like, how many weeks after you moved out or how many months?
Speaker 18: So we moved out at the end of July.
Speaker 4: And we got it maybe about a week.
Speaker 18: You can chill, y'all.
Speaker 4: They may have violated right there and lost their right hold on And I'll come back to you. It's important you hang on.
Speaker 5: I'm Tom Martino three oh three, seven to one three talk or three oh three Martino. We have more coming up on The Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 2: Two d.
Speaker 3: New Ne who you don't have.
Speaker 2: Run, No shoot's gonna help coming.
Speaker 3: Man Dix's The Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 4: No Tom Martine, Welcome to the show. I'm Tom.
Speaker 5: We are here to help you solve problems, answer questions, take complaints, make your life just a little easier. All you have to do is call us at three oh three seven one three talks seven to one, three eight two five five or three ozho three Martino. That's three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six.
Speaker 4: If you call that number anytime, Darren Night, we'll get to you. Eddie had a call.
Speaker 5: I had a question for us, and he wanted to know about, uh, this rental situation. Now, let me explain something to you people.
Speaker 4: It's really I don't mean you people, I mean us people. I mean you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Anyway, when you rent under state law, they have either thirty or sixty days to return your deposit with an explanation of what they're keeping or or whatever. Just they have within thirty to sixty thirty days without a lease. In a lease, they can extend it to sixty days, but it must say they in the lease sixty days, so they never have more than sixty days. Eddie moved out precisely when the end of what month?
Speaker 6: Eddie?
Speaker 18: That was the end of July, about July twenty.
Speaker 4: Ninth, the end well, okay, so in other words, that was the end of your lease or when you just had month to month or what.
Speaker 18: Yeah, that was the end of the lease.
Speaker 5: Okay, So the end of July, then you would have had August and September they would have had sixty days. When did you actually get the deposit back? The balance with an explanation.
Speaker 18: We got it back.
Speaker 6: September.
Speaker 4: Okay, they did it within the time they did it, Okay, so there.
Speaker 18: If they didn't do it within that time, at least it said ninety days.
Speaker 4: No, no, oh, they can't extend it to ninety days unless the law changed.
Speaker 18: Right, That's that's what I was looking at. And the least did say they had up the ninety days.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't care what the lease said. They can't go against state law. Now, maybe I don't know of the law changed. Get O'Brien on. I'd love to ask him O'Brien Legal Services, Brad O'Brien. I'd like to ask him about if that law changed. But here's the deal, Eddie. If you disagree, you can disagree, but you won't get treble damages. For example, if they never told you in time or didn't do it properly, you could have sued for treble damages. Triple is treble in law. So but you can still dispute the items. So tell me specifically the items you're disputing.
Speaker 18: Well, they had a general cleaning that they charged the sport I was about two fifty, and then did another yardcare cleanup, which was another one fifty, So I guess my thing was in the lease or was never anything that said I had to have the house professionally cleaned, just the carpet. So we cleaned the house. We made sure the house is clean.
Speaker 5: Okay, now this is going to be the classic. But it's the classic, he said. She said, they're simply going to say it wasn't clean.
Speaker 18: Right, exactly the same thing with the yard.
Speaker 6: But I did you and did you have a picture.
Speaker 5: See I always recommend a walk out list, a walk out inspection where you both are there and and the landlord signs off.
Speaker 18: Then I don't think I don't know why because.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 4: M h I want to walk out list. But if you didn't get one, it's going to be he said.
Speaker 18: She said, well, the I remember seeing somewhere that that they didn't want us there when they did their inspection, which was my which is stupid.
Speaker 4: You see that that that's a recipe, that's a recipe be for disaster. But it's too late. Exactly now what you would have to do? How much did they withhold?
Speaker 18: Total they were held and some of it was so in total they was held five.
Speaker 5: Two and how much do you think how much do you think was unjustified.
Speaker 18: I'm gonna say the majority of it because we did have water charges was just what we had from when we were there, but then I had another replaced furnace.
Speaker 5: Give me an idea, give me an amount. I'm trying to figure out if it's worth all.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I can.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let me like give me an amount.
Speaker 5: Of how much you think you should have gotten back. You know how much is in dispute.
Speaker 4: Let's just go there. How much is in dispute?
Speaker 18: Right, that's all I'm gonna get you right now, whatever I feel that, Yeah, because that's.
Speaker 5: Gonna be that's gonna be the key factor because then you go to small claims court.
Speaker 4: But again your chances of winning are slim.
Speaker 18: And so here's the other kind of dilemma with that is I no longer live in Colorado.
Speaker 5: We move then, Dennis, then it's over unless you can find small claims that does zoom.
Speaker 4: Some small claims. Since COVID do zoom, they will allow a zoom. Okay, some will. But I think Eddie, at this point, it might be worth just moving on. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 18: Okay, I mean I'm still gonna call them the other thing I was asking about. So they sent me the check. If I deposit this check, that means charges. Okay, good, no, people think I kind of felt, but that was my biggest thing. Is I wanted to see I'm going to deposit this check. I am going to dispute this with them, just for giggles, and I guess the only other thing I can do is just go on the forums and just tell people how to be wary about this company. Kind of about the only thing. I was just wondering if there was besides small fame score. But I know, because I'm no longer there, that that might not be an option for me. Okay, I thought when it came out five.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think you got to, you know, see if you can do a small claim by zoom, see what the hell they say, and then take it from there. Three h three okay, seven to one to three. So thanks by the way, Eddie. I wish I had more definitive, but it's really hard on those security things. I always recommend in the very beginning, if you could work out with the landlord or management company that you have both a walk through in the beginning and a walk through at the end together that really would be good. By the way, you can text me. Five seven seven three nine is the iHeart short code. The other one is my personal Google number. And I can't tell you how I appreciate you people. You people Again, I say that, what the hell am I talking about? My friend's not overdoing it or abusing it. But you can text me.
Speaker 4: It comes directly to my cell phone.
Speaker 5: It's forwarded to my cell phone seven four seven nine fifty two eighty seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty personal text to me and I will answer you. So I got a text for Paul the water man. And Paul we were talking about nanoplastics and forever chemicals. Someone wants to know if I get a reverse osmosis, that'll be fine for drinking, But do the forever chemicals or the plastics do harm in the shower?
Speaker 4: All right? Go ahead, So the whole there.
Speaker 7: You can use a whole house activated carbon filter to remove the forever chemicals.
Speaker 4: Uh, the fever chemicals can be breathed in steam.
Speaker 7: So when I go in customer's home and I do a water analysis, I test the hot water to show them.
Speaker 4: But in the shower, is it absorbed in your skin. Well, I see your skin.
Speaker 7: We used to think your skin was like leather, didn't absorb in anything, but it does a lot of medications are given atopically not.
Speaker 5: But do you think I mean, I'm just asking, I know, if you don't know scientifically, what is your gut? Are there scientific tests? Are they finding these things in people as a result? How would they know of it from drinking or showering?
Speaker 4: Well, see, here's the thing.
Speaker 7: Right now, there's there's attorneys that are going online asking people okay for the suing for the pifos contamination. So PIFAs is a liquid, It's going to be in the vapor, So I'm gonna have to say yes.
Speaker 5: Now, what about plastics. They're they're finding nanoplastics in autopsies, but that could be coming from drinking water to not necessarily showers nanoplastics.
Speaker 7: Nanoplastics can absolutely bre breathe inn in the air, you bet, Tom, Because they're so small you don't see.
Speaker 4: Them right in their later What about in the water I went for showers?
Speaker 5: I don't know, I just don't know. I just I wish we didn't have any of this crap. Well, here's this is more of a here's what's funny. And I'm not going to pooho anyone's sacred goat, Okay, But to me, it's just as or more important than climate change. I totally agree with you. I think it's more importantan climate change because water is everything. Water's health. I mean, it's immediate.
Speaker 7: Well, it's something, it's something that no one has thought about or paid attention to. And I think the contamination is sue.
Speaker 5: And we're killing our water system. Correct now, Thomas, real quick? Here, what is your issue with shomp BMW? By the way, you know how I like talking about from here to zero on companies like Champion Windows for example, terrible company from hero to zero. Shomps another company that went from hero to zero as soon as the mom got out, Lisa Schamp, who was the of course daughter of Ralph Schamp. And then the son took over and unfortunately he can't he can't carry his mom's mantle.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Thomas, what's going on?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Tom?
Speaker 19: Great show. Appreciate what you do for everybody, you man. They ordered this car in twenty two, went through the delivery process, got it?
Speaker 4: What did you order?
Speaker 19: A three point thirty? I just a entry level.
Speaker 4: Okay, and what's going on?
Speaker 19: It came in and a few months later I noticed that it came with run flat tires, which I did not want. I run flat, and I specified that because of you, sir.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, did it come with run flat and you specified it on the by order you did not want them?
Speaker 19: Absolutely?
Speaker 4: Wait, the buy order literally says no run flats, correct, And it came with.
Speaker 19: A spare which you apparently cannot order the combination. Why would you need a spare with run flats?
Speaker 4: Course right?
Speaker 19: And they have I have documentation that they have said that they did order it wrong, the build was wrong. They're blaming bend up.
Speaker 4: But why did you wait so long for this to come up? Bro? It's twenty twenty four.
Speaker 19: I know, Tom, I've been running on on my figure. They're used once you drive off the lot. I've been actually fighting with them. I have the emails.
Speaker 16: I've been going.
Speaker 6: I can can't it.
Speaker 5: I would say it's too really because any tire would have worn out. I think, honest to god, Thomas is much man. We could have gotten you regular tires. I don't think you can't do it now? You I mean, run how many miles on this car? Twelve Okay, well it's not that many miles, but certainly in years that.
Speaker 4: Look, what are you looking for? Let's let's go there. What are you looking for?
Speaker 19: I won't what I bought, what I paid for when I'm paying interest on the tires.
Speaker 4: But you already used it. But you already used the hell out of these tires? Had you done that on pick up? I mean when did you discover they were run flats? Three?
Speaker 19: Three months later? Yeah, that's when you should have done everything of a new car.
Speaker 14: I did.
Speaker 6: I did notify him.
Speaker 19: Then I have the documentation, and I've been fighting him ever since.
Speaker 5: So okay, I I don't. I don't know what that means, fighting him ever since? Tell me what exactly does that mean?
Speaker 19: Telling them that telling them that the order was wrong and that I would like to come in and have the tires put on, and they've just shine me on.
Speaker 4: Who did you talk to for the past four years?
Speaker 19: Been Wagner? Who been Wagner?
Speaker 4: Is he still there? Yes?
Speaker 6: Sir?
Speaker 4: All right? Who wants to take this? Come on, bros?
Speaker 20: I can call over there, Tom. Maybe the doller can just give a car, maybe get a partial credit on the tires.
Speaker 5: No matter what He's had those run flats. I mean truly, no matter what, even if you were fighting with and Thomas, you still use those tires for four years?
Speaker 6: Man? I know, I know, I know, I mean you did.
Speaker 4: You used them for four years. I don't I don't even know why. You know?
Speaker 19: I agree?
Speaker 4: Go ahead.
Speaker 19: How would I have forced him to do anything besides going to small claims are calling you?
Speaker 5: You would you would have either one small claims are anything? Yes, right, we would have had him changed out. I can almost guarantee that. Look, maybe bo has an idea to get some.
Speaker 4: Kind of pro ration.
Speaker 5: Okay, but I do understand. But the run flat tires are actually more expensive.
Speaker 19: You know that absolutely? And what is the right front has a.
Speaker 5: Big bulb on this Why do you not want it in anymore? Why do you not want the run flats right now? Since you've driven him for so long?
Speaker 19: I had it Toad last week? Because the right flat front tire now has a big bubble on the side of the tire the sidewall.
Speaker 6: Why why, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: A bubble.
Speaker 5: Well, if that's a defect, that might be under warranty. The problem is, here's here, man, run flats suck.
Speaker 21: I know.
Speaker 5: Well, actually all wheel drives suck because no matter whether you have a run flat or not, with an all wheel drive car, if you if you truly wear out, if you have to replace all four tires, if you have a certain amount of wear, or you have to have the new one you put on shaved. And few people still do that. And so but here's the problem with the run flat. The problem with the run flat is that you run it flat and then you drive to the to the place and they can't repair them, and they can't repair them. Well, they won't repair them. They refuse to repair them. And if you do get it repaired, your warranty's gone. So the thing about run flats is you can't repair them. So then I say, okay, because this happened to me, then just replace the run flat. Can't you got to replace all four because you had too many miles. So then I called that the two thousand dollars flat. So what I'm what I'm saying is this, had I had regular tires, I could have had it repaired and I would have saved two thousand dollars. So run flats did me no good. Here's what run flats did they I got to drive to a tire place to get a two thousand dollars quote. That's what run Flat did. They will not repair run flats. That's the biggest issue with run Flats. I'm Tom Martinez. We have more coming. Did I did I take a break or not? I don't not yet, so I got to take this break.
Speaker 4: We'll come right back.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five deputies of any of you are working on anything that you want to give me an update on I'm.
Speaker 6: Willing to do that.
Speaker 5: I also, uh, I know is bowl working on summer right now, because I do not want to let this scumbag mofo.
Speaker 4: Am I allowed to say that or not? Mofo Yeah, I'm more or whatever. Anyway. Anyway, here's what I want to do. I want to I wanted this guy.
Speaker 5: This guy's got we We've been exposing him. I want to continue to expose him. It's the uh, the sleezebag piece of garbage justin Garcia seven to one nine five seven one zero four to three seven. I'm not really sure if the guy is even still using that number, but he is a scumbag, liar, thief that should not be in business. He stole sixty two thousand dollars from a woman. Now it was a deposit. He did not put it in trust as required. He does not have it. He claims he doesn't have to have it. Who's working on that one? Are you working on that one?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: No, bo bo Is.
Speaker 20: I've been helping him, so, Demitri, Yeah, the guy's still using his number. He's a good because he thinks his contract is above the contract or Trust Act and he thinks he's entitled to the money.
Speaker 5: And did you get any response from the DA? You wrote too and the Attorney General and all that.
Speaker 20: So this is what happened. The DA will not look at this case unless a police report is filed.
Speaker 4: We'll have a police report, so she did.
Speaker 20: She did file a report, and the Calorhouse Springs Department so backed up. They had an officer that works at the Carlouse Springs Airport take the report. So apparently it's done, but she has to get a copy of electronically, and I told her she needs to get it as soon as possible so we can tender it over to the DA. Good good, and Dimitri was also working on I think mister Peck got the Attorney General and to me at.
Speaker 9: The Colorado State Attorney General's office responded to my inquiry. Mister Pacheco emailed me asking for my phone number so he can discuss the case over there.
Speaker 8: I didn't because it looked like BO took over that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's two fronts. Let's do as many as possible. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 20: I'll call him right and Dmitri he did not call. He did not contact me regarding the email I sent him.
Speaker 8: I'll call the State Attorney General's office right now.
Speaker 4: That would be good.
Speaker 9: And the department of her Also, I contacted the US Department of Justice because they run a certain website which is called National Elder Fraud Hotline.
Speaker 8: Oh good, and the lady over there.
Speaker 9: She said that we should file a police report. And then she also which is correct. I asked her if the Department of Justice would like to take on this case or at least evaluate it, and she said, well, I really feel for the consumer in this case, but you need to pursue this with a police department.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 20: All right now we're working on it.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 9: Bo.
Speaker 4: Anything else up in the air, Doc, you have anything up in the air?
Speaker 22: Yeah, I'm working on that. Verizon where he bought a phone at Walmart and he was supposed to be twenty dollars a month, four a year.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 20: So I finally was able to.
Speaker 22: Get in touch with somebody at Verizon through the media outlet, and there were they gave him a case number and he was supposed to contact them this week. So I will let you know the outcome of that.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much. On that.
Speaker 5: Kayla, you're working with Bow on a roofing issue. Wait wait, that's not the one we just talked. No, no, this is something else. So Kayla, what's happening on your problem, bo, give us a rundown on this here.
Speaker 20: Yeah, she called in I believe on September twelfth, she hired I believe it's called that three h three roofin ink.
Speaker 4: Right John Sandoval.
Speaker 20: Yeah, okay, so she I want to see if I got it right.
Speaker 4: He's on Yukon Street in Denver. She paid six grand up front.
Speaker 20: He never came back right, so I placed several So I placed three calls to him. He didn't callback, So I decided to go over there on September I think fourteenth.
Speaker 4: Didney promised to return the money.
Speaker 20: I was kind of surprised. I'm gonna tell you, I've never been I've only been hoodwinked like three times in my life, and I did get hoodwinked by the guy. I went to his house and he actually contacted me while I was in the driveway, and he gave me a song and danced that Kayla was having trouble picking the right color of roof and because of COVID and it was back ordered. And he promised me that he would tender over the six thousand dollars to her within two weeks, and that he that he would take a picture of the check. And you know, Tom, I believed him. I mean he sounded really sincere and it we have a picture of this guy. Okay, look do you have any do they?
Speaker 14: I mean I can get one.
Speaker 4: Try to find one for I want to get him on the sleeves brigade.
Speaker 12: Is it?
Speaker 4: Is it three or three Roofing and Construction LLC.
Speaker 14: So after doing a lot more research, finds out he's signing these contracts under three three or three Roofing and Construction LLC. And after contacting them, they said that they separated with him. So he's falsifying the contract.
Speaker 20: He's using someone else's company name on his contract.
Speaker 4: So I called wait a minute. So three O three Roofing says, we have nothing to do with it.
Speaker 20: Now it's a totally different company and it's very misleading.
Speaker 4: So what name is he? Okay, who was he actually with?
Speaker 14: Then the contract has three or three Roofing Lsie, it's their contract?
Speaker 20: Is there a contract?
Speaker 4: Tom?
Speaker 20: But it's not him?
Speaker 5: So, okay, does it say three oh three Roofing LLC or three oh three Roofing and Construction LLC?
Speaker 4: What exactly does it?
Speaker 5: Tom?
Speaker 20: It's says, I have a copy of the contract in my hand is what does you say? Three oh three Roofing and Construction LLC.
Speaker 4: Okay? And they say he has nothing to do with us.
Speaker 20: Yeah, I called them and I believe it.
Speaker 4: Okay, then what are they doing about it?
Speaker 20: I told him they should go to the Secretary of State or someone can get write in a letter that they're this Josh.
Speaker 4: Has he ever worked? Has he ever worked there?
Speaker 14: From what I understand, it does sound like at some point he did, and because when I reached out to them, they said, yeah, we separted with him years ago.
Speaker 20: I think he was a subcontractor did only two or three jobs with him years ago.
Speaker 5: Did he steal the contracts or what? This guy's a criminal. Josh Sandoval is a criminal.
Speaker 20: And I have a current The number on the contract is bogus. I do have a current phone number for him.
Speaker 4: So I gave him every wait wait, wait, what's the current phone number?
Speaker 20: Okay, the current phone number and he'll pick up or you can leave a message. Is seven to zero three to zero eight three eight seven.
Speaker 4: Josh Sandival's a crook. So unit one on.
Speaker 5: This that you know this address we have on Yukon, is that is that is that Sandoval's address.
Speaker 4: Or three zero three's address.
Speaker 20: It's Josh Sandival's address, and he's actually it's a four plex.
Speaker 8: It's his house.
Speaker 20: That's where he's operating.
Speaker 4: I don't want to give that out. I don't want people to, you know, do something. But this, this guy's a crook.
Speaker 5: So why don't we serve him bo, Why don't you serve him with Why don't Kayla you fill out a small claim thing. Let's get a judgment against him at least, then we need to go ahead.
Speaker 14: Let me tell you I actually went down to the courthouse on Friday, and because I had all my paperwork, I mean, I've got every single text message, I've got everything in writing. Yeah, so I actually went down and they're not they don't have courtetes until March for small claims. So then she told me there is County Court, which is a little more paperwork, which I'm not intimidated by.
Speaker 21: I'm like, oh, give it to me.
Speaker 14: So then I was like, you know, somebody told me that I can talk to the I can try and talk to the Attorney General. So which is like a hop skip and jumps down.
Speaker 6: The street from Jessica.
Speaker 14: So I did I went. I went down to the Attorney General's office. Turns out the girl who's working the front counter I used to work with her. So she's like, Kayla, you need to go file a police report.
Speaker 20: So I did.
Speaker 14: I went over to the lake with police department with all of my paperwork, and I have now filed a police report, which I guess I was supposed to do that before even going, you know, to the small claim so I haven't done anything any I'm okay.
Speaker 5: I want you to fill out the small claims and because Bo knows where he is, BO can serve him.
Speaker 20: And with the peace report, Kayla, you could also go to the district attorney.
Speaker 4: About the contractors trusting with.
Speaker 20: This Carol person. I mean this guy. This guy really took advantage of me and I'm pissed about it. So we need to get your six thousand dollars and I'm happy to serve the papers for.
Speaker 5: You absolutely, So hold on, Okay, we have to take a break. Frank around the real estate man dot com. You know how I feel about Frankie's a wonderful man. He'll do a free market valuation of your home to tell you what it will sell for what you'll net and what you can buy. It's all free of charge, and he is right up to snuff on all the latest elements that will affect the price of your home. Get a free analysis three h three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Franc around the real estate Man dot com.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass and Durance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Hi Tom Martino here.
Speaker 5: Three O three seven one three Tom three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 4: So Brenda, I read God, Almighty, I read your email.
Speaker 5: What a nightmare? May I summarize some of this? You know, by the way, we have had so many complaints about this place. Really about no, no, no, no, about appliance. Fact is this Appliance Factory Outlet.
Speaker 21: Well that's where we bought it.
Speaker 5: But the name actually Appliance Factory Outlet. I need to know if it's the same ones we deal with here in Denver.
Speaker 21: Yeah it is.
Speaker 4: You do have an Appliance Family outlet in Colorado.
Speaker 21: Springs Appliants Factory.
Speaker 16: Yeah, is it?
Speaker 4: Well there's a big difference.
Speaker 5: Now is it Appliance Factory Outlet or is it Appliance Factory.
Speaker 21: It's Appliant's factory.
Speaker 4: Okay, so that okay?
Speaker 5: Oh well actually is it also wait wait that might be is it Appliance Factor They could Now I don't see outlet anymore in their name, so it's in their you in their website.
Speaker 4: But is it also Mattress Kingdom? Does that? Do you recall?
Speaker 5: Okay, so it's Appliance Factory slash Mattress Kingdom.
Speaker 4: Yes, they're the they're the ones, and.
Speaker 5: They somehow they general rate more complaints than anyone.
Speaker 4: They suck anyway. So you bought you bought a.
Speaker 5: Washing machine and you had to take their warranty, right because it doesn't come with a factory warranty.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 21: Well, actually, I don't know if it's if it's their warranty or if it's Speed Queen, because we signed up for the warranty on that.
Speaker 5: I didn't even know Speed Queen even makes domestic washers. I thought they make them only for laundromats. But anyway, well, do you know did you look at your look at your paperwork closely? Because truly, I don't think that Appliance factory.
Speaker 4: I mean, Mark one time drilled way down on these people and he says they don't offer they do not offer factory warranties because they buy I don't know, overstock or something, and that they only have their own warranties.
Speaker 21: Well, the the warranty on the bottom, Ashley says, Alliance Laundry Systems.
Speaker 5: Let's just go through the problem. The problem is you're not getting any service.
Speaker 21: No, they keep saying that they won't come to our area because when I called, so I had When I called, I had to call Big Queen and they said they originally sent out a company and that company, like I said in the email, never showed up, so like three different times, and then I said, I want this company fired off of my job. And then this other company came and they showed up. But the guy's like well, why did you why did you get speed queen? I've never heard of this, this washing machine, I've never worked on it, YadA YadA. And he said that it was the motor, which it wasn't because it's still having issues.
Speaker 4: And then where does this stand right now?
Speaker 5: And by the way, what I'm reading on their website, I don't know where Mark read this, but this fact appliance factory outlet cite them on says they have full factory warranties and they're new in the box, and it says we have exclusive contracts with manufacturers to buy their factory over stock at a big discount. And then and then it says out of box units, even out of box units have a new product, new condition, full warranty.
Speaker 4: Now that might be the one where they provide the warranty. I don't know. I just what we really was.
Speaker 5: You're an out of box warranty or was it factory a warranty?
Speaker 4: Do we know?
Speaker 5: Was it Did it come in a real like like a box and everything like a brand new appliance?
Speaker 21: Yeah, yeah, it was in a box and everything it was it was in a box.
Speaker 5: And you call the Alliance people, did you actually call the Speed Queen people.
Speaker 21: Both I've been I've been in contact with Speed Queen and I have emails from Speed Queen and.
Speaker 4: The last repair company, and they say that they're covering it.
Speaker 5: Yes, then I'm not gonna Then then this is not a Then this is not Appliance Factory.
Speaker 4: Then this is an issue with Speed Queen.
Speaker 21: Well, actually I don't know, because the last time the last repair company I called was actually Appliant Factory.
Speaker 4: I got to take a break. Hold on, hold on, I'll come right back to you.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until your content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your cover had dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talked seven one three A two five five All right, So I want to put someone on this thing right now, Brenda, who feels like Tom, Doc you want to take okay, sure, Let's call appliance factory out and see if we get an immediate answer on we're confused about their warranties and about her specific and who handles it and then where the last thing you heard, Brenda was, was what the last thing you heard?
Speaker 21: The last thing I did was receive an email from there. I don't know what hurts title one, but this is from.
Speaker 5: The warranty company, right, yeah, all right, hang on, Doc is going to talk to you off there. Let's see if we can get something before the end of the show. Just to word back, we have follow ups coming on several and give your get your calls in. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer When you choose Frank durand the Real Estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: New need so you don't have run as fast as we can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 3: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hello Tom.
Speaker 4: Martino here, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Three to zero three seven one three talk teroh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 4: What is on your mind today? We got a lot happening here as far as follow ups on cases. If you have a case, if you.
Speaker 5: Need help information referrals, give us a call directly. We've been solving problems for forty five years. Longest running radio show with the same host still on the air.
Speaker 4: Damn it. How about that, hey, so you can call us and get help.
Speaker 5: We've recovered hundreds, literally hundreds of millions, hundreds of millions of dollars over the years. And I just want to bring something up, not that it's a big deal, but I want to do to my horn here.
Speaker 4: I think Bo is the one that handled the case.
Speaker 5: Actually, Hey, Bo, so I hear Channel nine bragging about you know, and by the way, Steve, Steve seems like a good young man. Steve on your side. He just got into the consumer business. And and of course they're they're you know, the the news headline said, you know that this woman was her ticket master tickets transferred out of her account or their account, and uh until they called and got it restored and and talked about the ticket master problem.
Speaker 4: And we must have done that how long ago? Bo for someone that was.
Speaker 20: Two weeks ago, I can't remember the person's we just.
Speaker 4: Don't brag enough. We just don't brag enough about that.
Speaker 20: And it was because of the involvement of the Troubleshooter show that he got his.
Speaker 4: So, by the way, by the way, let me explain this.
Speaker 5: I'm happy that nine has a consumer department, and I think Fox has whatever the cricky oh uh problem solvers.
Speaker 6: And you know, I.
Speaker 4: When I was doing it back in the day, I was the only one doing it.
Speaker 5: I'm really happy that people are jumping on this bandwagon because to me, it's a very important part of the news is helping people. I coined the phrase media with a purpose, media with a purpose, and it's about time people are doing it. So I don't I'm not putting anyone down. I'm saying that's really good. But I don't think we brag enough because that's all these stations do. They do stuff and they brag about it.
Speaker 4: I mean, look at the hundreds of millions of dollars. Honest to god, I mean we I got to find.
Speaker 5: A way to brag about it. Maybe anyway, Bo, you're on, So let's talk about this Champion Windows, I said from here at a zero, they suck. What's going on with CHAMPI and we have an update? Tell me what call?
Speaker 4: This is the first Tom.
Speaker 20: His name caller's name is Ron. He called in on October second, Wednesday, in the twelve o'clock hour.
Speaker 4: Ron October second, Okay, go ahead, Okay.
Speaker 20: So he contracted with Champion Windows to get a door installed and a screen. The amount was of like around nine thousand dollars. Yeah, about a year. I think he had it installed September twenty twenty three.
Speaker 8: And the doors.
Speaker 4: But he called this October, right.
Speaker 20: He called a couple of weeks ago. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I got it, Tom says, following up on the content, he.
Speaker 5: Said it was he ordered it. I bought it during COVID and had nothing but trouble.
Speaker 20: Yes, Champion did send one of their service techs out.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 20: Oh yeah, I believe they sent the service tech out. In September twenty three, the service tech John said that it was beyond repair.
Speaker 4: That Now is this that they told you or is this this is what they told Ron the caller.
Speaker 20: Okay, they told him that he's going to go back to the company and recommend they just replace everything. But Ron's pretty reasonable, he said, I just want a new door. I want the door to work, right. So I called Champion four times. They ghosted me. So then I sent two emails and Champion Windows is on someone else's referral list.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I'm not going to go down that road. But it's it's it's Dave. He's a good guy, Dave. Okay, I didn't know we should let them know about this. I kind of want to let them know about it, but in.
Speaker 4: A nice way.
Speaker 5: Let them know about him. Man, I mean, Champion sucks. They're a bad company.
Speaker 20: I offered them to come on air just to give their side of the story.
Speaker 4: Anything I care about. I don't care if they come on the air. Are they going to fix the problem.
Speaker 20: That's true? Are they going to if they ghosted me off of four phone calls? And two emails. I don't think they're going to help run out at all. I think I need to pay them a visit.
Speaker 4: Well, they're not even in town anymore.
Speaker 5: They moved there and look they moved there off I don't even know who they have in town.
Speaker 20: There is an office I believe up in North Denver. I don't have the address.
Speaker 4: But you know, this is a company that was taken over.
Speaker 5: Okay, they used to be a really good company and then they were taken over by some giant consolidator. They really suck. I mean, they have terrible customer service. And I don't care if my friend Dave Logan represents him.
Speaker 4: They suck. Okay, I know that more. You know why I know that more because I get the complaints.
Speaker 5: We have had so many complaints about them that go unanswered.
Speaker 20: And I know they're listening Tom Champion Windows. They have a lot of people. I know they listen to this show.
Speaker 4: So call us people. Why do you guys suck so much? Please tell I don't want you to suck. I used to do commercials for Champion. Did you know that?
Speaker 5: I used to do commercials to them, and I used to have them on my television show when I had Martino TV and I had Paul Bono and the team. I mean, seriously, he was a good guy when he left. I think that's why he left. He never said why he left. He said he was retiring. He didn't retire. He went into another business. He's a great guy. And what I think he saw the handwriting on the wall, What the hell happened to Champion I think they were these consolidators. They take over these companies and they just suck, just like Camping World.
Speaker 20: It's the same scenario. Yeah, this one.
Speaker 5: He said Camping World wasn't a consolidator. It was the prophet, you know, the guy, and I don't know if it was. I don't think he made it suck.
Speaker 4: It sucked.
Speaker 5: That's why he got on board. He just didn't improve it. It was going downhill before he got on board. So I can't blame this guy. What's the hell's his name?
Speaker 4: Again?
Speaker 5: I forget, but he you know, he buys companies and tries to turn them around.
Speaker 20: Leminas something.
Speaker 1: Lemnas the owner of Champion World minus yeah something that You're right anyway, The bottom line is he didn't turn them around.
Speaker 4: They suck more than ever and so does champion.
Speaker 20: Champion sucks. I can't get through to him, Tom, I just like, I mean, they won't okay, they won't call me back, and they won't respond to my emails. And I know they're listening because they're a contractor.
Speaker 5: I mean, well, you know, I don't think they're you think they're listening, but they're a.
Speaker 4: Bunch of subcontractors. There's is there an office here? I don't even think there is.
Speaker 20: I don't have those notes in front of me, but they do. There is an office.
Speaker 9: I hold on the deputy give me to have a huge building showroom over there, right off of I seventies.
Speaker 8: Not anymore, Havanah. Oh no, sess on their website.
Speaker 4: That was closed. They used to have this giant factory up there.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that was on the north side of I seventy. They have since moved to the south side of I seventy at Havana.
Speaker 4: Okay, Champion, what are they called? Champion?
Speaker 8: Watt Champion windows?
Speaker 4: Uh, Okay, let's see you know what, Why don't you go visit them?
Speaker 20: I want to get you page.
Speaker 4: Where did you see this their way? Okay?
Speaker 5: I just said, is there a local champion? I asked my girlfriend. Okay, they say there's one on East fortieth. Is that the one you're getting?
Speaker 9: Yeah, one zero zero three five East fortieth And I've seen it from the highway just recently.
Speaker 4: Do a Google map on that, see what it is. Bo It says one.
Speaker 5: It says ten thousand and thirty five one zero zero three five East fortieth Avenue, Suite four hundred.
Speaker 4: Okay, maybe you on a drop by.
Speaker 20: I can't get it.
Speaker 5: Well, we're trying to help them, for God's sakes, we're trying to help them. Now again, this is I'm looking at this location online. Yep, they say they have this location. So it says Denver, Denver Showroom. I did not even know they still had a showroom up there by two windows. Get too free, people right now. I have to be honest with you, okay, really honest to God, I don't I really don't wish ill on any company. I want companies to thrive. I'm an entrepreneur. I want them to thrive. I want them to do well. I want to help them do that. There's no downside. Two great companies. It's what a consumer advocate would want. Great companies. They say they're open Monday through Thursday nine to four, Friday nine to three, close, Saturday and Sunday.
Speaker 4: So let's see what we can find out.
Speaker 8: Both.
Speaker 4: Thank you for letting me know that. What else you got going on? Anything?
Speaker 6: And doc?
Speaker 4: You did you call on the doc we just talked about the one just yeah, listen to this.
Speaker 20: So I got in touch with some guy named James who.
Speaker 4: Apparently which one was this? Hold on? This is just today? Which one was this? Hey?
Speaker 6: That?
Speaker 4: Which one? Doc? Which one? Oh? The washing machine? Yeah? The appliance factory?
Speaker 22: Right, So I got in touch with James, who apparently works for the warranty company. He gave appliance factory the authorization to get her to exchange her washing machine for brand new one.
Speaker 4: What's her name again, Brenda? Yeah, I got it right here. Okay, go ahead. So he is going to call.
Speaker 22: Them and let me know who it was that he spoke to that authorized the exchange, and then I will tell Brenda that every thing is.
Speaker 20: A go and she can get a new machine.
Speaker 4: And okay, great man, great. So when did she buy this originally? Oh, a couple of months ago. And it's a washing machine, right correct? Okay? And and and sh had nothing but tom it was a Speed Queen, right. I didn't like I said, I didn't even know that brand sold to consumers.
Speaker 22: A Speed Queen washing machine who's over one thousand bucks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's supposed to be really heavy.
Speaker 22: Yeah, and she has had nothing because hopefully before the end of the show, we'll get this straightened out.
Speaker 4: Cool.
Speaker 5: That's great, all right, so few thank you three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five eight eight eight heating dot com.
Speaker 4: Remember forty five dollars.
Speaker 5: They're deep clean, forty five bucks with a no breakdown guarantee.
Speaker 4: They're great people. I know them all.
Speaker 5: They've been on my referral list more than twenty years eight eight eight heating dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer When you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two, Come on three oh three seven one three Talks seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 4: You know, as many of.
Speaker 5: You know, we stream this show on the Troubleshooter Networks YouTube channel, not on my personal one, but the Troubleshooter Network, and you can find this I think referraless to but anyway, no, the actual name of it is is, well, it's the referral, it's the Troubleshooter Network. Yeah, Troubleshooter Tombrtina Radio on the treble Shooter Network. And then the logo is the referralst logo. But okay, so the discussion on there right now, I'm sorry, I can't keep it quiet. Susan Mark claimed, not claim, they wouldn't lie about it. They were at the Bronco.
Speaker 4: Game yesterday.
Speaker 8: And a lady.
Speaker 4: Lost her it doesn't expect okay, yes, diarrhea.
Speaker 5: And and it was splattering everywhere and on Mark, she got to the restroom and splattered all over the bathroom.
Speaker 4: They had to shut it down and call paramedics.
Speaker 8: And the the uh.
Speaker 4: Anyway, it was all over everything, and.
Speaker 5: She said one guy literally slipped in Clorox wipes and oh no, uh oh no, it was exploding as she was walking down the stairs. I feel sorry for her, but the guy that slipped and fell? Do you see anybody on That expression comes from Tom.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't say it, dot. Okay, we all heard it. Yes, I know, expot of happens.
Speaker 12: We get it.
Speaker 4: That's why she needs water pros water, pure drinking water. Yeah, okay, that poor woman. How embarrassing. Right, anyway, everyone felt bad for her.
Speaker 5: But how the heck? Who did that hit the news at all? A really crappy game anyway, So that was the big news at the Bronco game. I can't even imagine Mark. Do you realize Mark gets upset about someone coughing in his vicinity?
Speaker 4: Can you imagine being splattered? Susan?
Speaker 3: Why didn't he leave?
Speaker 4: I'm surprised he stayed. And uh man, I'm.
Speaker 5: Surprised he stayed. But anyway, this is a new level of uh woo A problem right? Anyway, let's continue on our problem solving three zero three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 4: Okay, so here's the text, Tom.
Speaker 5: Obviously, only a portion of order we invest in comes from our taps at home. A large portion comes from plants, bottled liquids, and all over the US and other countries, restaurants or anything that is made with water. A filtration company will show us worthwhile at home. But why bother, Oh no, excuse me, Why is it worth worthwhile to filter.
Speaker 4: At home if everywhere else you go there's you don't have pure water.
Speaker 5: I mean, I know what he's saying. It's kind of instrumountable and useless.
Speaker 4: But I don't know. I think you drink a lot at home, and you shower and bathe, and we have to start someplace, right, I mean, we have to start someplace. I agree.
Speaker 7: I mean it's an no, you're right, but this is a global it's a global issue and it's only going to get worse. And I think the cost effective way to treat it is at your home instead relying on the municipality to do it. Look at Commerce City and.
Speaker 4: They're talking about restaurants and everything. I know, I get you.
Speaker 5: I get you, Bob Bob in Arvada who texted I get you.
Speaker 4: It is all over. But I mean that doesn't mean you toss up your hands and don't do anything. So so that's just like.
Speaker 5: I don't know, maybe you limit yourself from drinking water elsewhere if you don't know where it comes from.
Speaker 7: They're gonna make taxpayers pay for the upgrades and improvements. And so right now Commer City are paying sales tax for a water treatment system that no longer functions.
Speaker 5: Probably even even but no cities can never meet the EPA guidelines. They can't because there's too many You can't transport water that far and purify to that extent would be cost prohibitive.
Speaker 7: Correct, and plus what are you going to do with the expired media? It's gonna have to be incinerated. So it makes sense to do you know, give people talk about subsidies for you know, uh, solar panels and e bikes we should.
Speaker 4: Get of course. Now, okay, what about well water? Want somebody wond to know?
Speaker 5: I would say that depending on where you are, it's not immune, but it can be close to immune.
Speaker 4: No, well water's going forever chemical issues. It's it's from the rain. It from the rain. Absolutely the only thing that well wought. Do you think that they've actually measured PIFAs in well water?
Speaker 7: Every major body of water in Colorado is contaminated with PIFAs. That's a fact. Same with the ocean, same with the Great Lakes. I mean there's articles out there. You can go to Google right now, Great Lakes pifos contamination and it's all over the Great Lakes.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 5: Okay, so on my Google voice someone wants to know about plastic found in testicles?
Speaker 4: Yes, by well, first of all, who was testing that for that? I mean, I mean that. I don't mean to make a joke, but I mean, why were they testing testicles? Well, it's exactly.
Speaker 7: It's the same when when you know, months ago when Doc first mentioned the fundament placentis so you know, you cadaver, they they do analysis. They found him in the arteries of the heart. It's all over the human body. Now you know they're worried about it, you know, getting into you know, our brain tissue.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 5: Wow three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven to one three eight two five five. Maybe a lawsuit at that Bronco game from the woman if she ate at the Bronco game, maybe she can say she was they caused that which caused her pain and suffering and embarrassment. And but that literally is toxic waste by the way, I mean it's considered a biohazard and they gave Mark some Clorox wipes.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I wish he was on so we could talk about it.
Speaker 5: Mark Collin Man, I know he's out doing business right now, but call in three oh three seven to one three talk.
Speaker 4: Compass Insurance Group.
Speaker 5: Do a free insurance check up to see you're not paying too much, You're not under insured, maybe even over insured. Whatever it is, they will, honest to god tell you if you have a great deal too. Three oh three nine nine six nine Thousandthinsurancehealthcenter dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content than time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Hi, Tom Orsino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 5: So let me get here to our why schild here? Okay, so let's talk to Deputy D. You have a follow up on one of these D. I can't find the original call, but I trust you.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, well Tom.
Speaker 9: On the twentieth of September, a consumer named Sandy called in from southern Colorado who said that squirrels infiltrated her solar panel array on the roof and caused about three and a half thousand dollars in damages. And she feels that the original contractor should be financially responsible for the repairs and replacements.
Speaker 5: But why if it had to do with squirrels. That's the one I don't understand. Why would they be responsible?
Speaker 9: The consumer alleged that the installation contractor did not properly install a mesh called critter Guard.
Speaker 4: Did she pay for gritter Guard?
Speaker 9: Yes, that was part of the contract, And well, I spoke. I looked at the photos that she and her repair contractor had emailed me, and I spoke with a repair contractor, and most very importantly, actually I also spoke with the original installation contractor, and he told me a few things that weren't that I didn't know as the result of my conversations with a consumer. The original installation was approximately seven years ago.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, So it took seven years for this to happen.
Speaker 9: Yeah, But more than that, the original contractor warned the consumer about squirrels. He says that her yard is overrun with squirrels because she attracts them to her property by feeding them. And he did previously repair critter guards several times, the last time was approximately five years ago because there had been I don't hail damage. No, I don't think we can help her, not after all these years. But more importantly, he recommended to her that she contract What does critter guard do. It's just a mash. It looks like chicken wire.
Speaker 4: I saw it on photographs, supposed to protect from what do rodents eat?
Speaker 9: Well? Rodents are generally attracted to installation around wiring. For example, That's why a lot of carrents so that they were eating the wiring, they were eating the insula. They chew insulation. There is something on wire insulation that attracts all rodents, not just squirrels, and the installation contractor recommended to the consumer that she has somebody come up there on a regular basis to do a maintenance inspection on her credit guard on the roof, because squirrels and other animals do infiltrate, you know, they can pull it away. They can also take advantage of hail and wind pulling the credit guard away from the panels. And she never contracted with him, or to the best of his knowledge, anyone else.
Speaker 4: How much damage.
Speaker 9: She estimates it at thirty five hundred dollars for repairs and replacement.
Speaker 10: So, hi, guys, I had a problem a couple of years ago with our solar where we had.
Speaker 11: Birds building next nests.
Speaker 10: Early inside of our solar, and so they had to put up some of these critter guards, and they took care of all of the financing for it.
Speaker 11: We didn't have to pay a thing cool the country.
Speaker 8: The installation contractor took care of.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but how can you blame hold on if they installed critter guard and it didn't go bad for seven years and she constantly attracts squirrels, I'm not so sure this is their fault.
Speaker 8: I agree.
Speaker 4: I don't know, Kitchina, yours might have been different than that.
Speaker 11: Well, I had birds. But I do have a pet squirrel here.
Speaker 4: What do you mean here, like at the office. What do you mean a pet squirrel at the office.
Speaker 10: Well, there's a squirrel that if I go out walking sometimes. Oh, come on, he's very domesticated.
Speaker 4: And is it the same one?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, How do you know this?
Speaker 11: Because I can see him.
Speaker 4: You can see him.
Speaker 11: He will he will jump on the bench next to me.
Speaker 4: Andy, he recognizes you.
Speaker 11: He will let me pet him.
Speaker 4: Oh, come on, I sounds like rabies. Maybe.
Speaker 11: Oh my gosh, you and Suzanne and Mark and Dragon.
Speaker 4: No, I don't think that's normal.
Speaker 11: Everybody, Okay, I like him?
Speaker 4: All right? Did you ever get bitten? No, he doesn't bite when you pet him. Does do you feed him?
Speaker 11: He eats out of my hand.
Speaker 4: Oh man, it's probably an old squirrel with no teeth.
Speaker 11: I don't think so dark.
Speaker 8: That sounds like a very sweet creature.
Speaker 4: Yes, sounds like Doc is a very I better get out of here. Okay, So we got more coming up on the Tree Troubleshooter Show. I'm so bad. I swear to you. I'm so bad.
Speaker 5: One clear choice garage doors. They're great people. Twenty four to seven service. If you have anything wrong with the garage store, including the opener itself or the door itself. They do it all and they're factor you're authorized on most brands. They're good people. One Clear Choice Stores.
Speaker 4: That's the website, one Clear Choice Doors dot com and all of their prices are on that website. One Clear Choice Stores dot com.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content, wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martinez here three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Another text from Paul Paul or for Paul for the water systems.
Speaker 4: Someone wants to know.
Speaker 5: Has there ever been any tie in to the met Nanoplastics or Forever Chemicals and all Zheimer's or anything like that.
Speaker 4: I haven't read anything, but I'm sure that that, Yeah, it's not going to be helpful to you. Absolutely not.
Speaker 7: Here's here's the concern about the nanoplastics. People that have stints for blood clotting or you know, arteries closing. You know, that's the other fear is that the nanoplastics will get into that fatty tissue and get into that cholesterol that creates the you know, heart problem and also.
Speaker 4: You know with blood clots.
Speaker 5: Okay, someone also wants to know, then what about it? Like, it's in our foods, right, it's in our processed foods. It's in like if it's in meat, it's and everything. Somebody else once again is also saying, Tom, what good is trying to filter our water? I mean, I think it's because we probably consume more water than anything else as far as.
Speaker 7: That, and everything is made of water. It's also in beer. Right, They found studies of you know, nanoplastics and beer. So you have to start someplace. I mean, it's get it's at the point where it's going to create medical issues, and you know, we all know whether.
Speaker 5: They can just to coin the phrase water change, absolutely, climate change a water.
Speaker 4: Change now I agree with you there is.
Speaker 5: I mean really, because those members of the Church of climate Change should also add water.
Speaker 7: I think this is more important than global warming. I mean, this is this is going to get to the point.
Speaker 4: Now it's not global warming anymore, it's climate change, climate change.
Speaker 7: I don't mean to doubtload what happens if you get a body water that they declare is unsafe for consumption?
Speaker 4: So what are they going to do?
Speaker 7: And if they go to reusable water from the toilet to the tap, how dangerous can that be?
Speaker 4: Now? By the way, the toilet to the tap is a real deal.
Speaker 7: Is it's happening right now? Where Commerce city? Excuse me? Castle Rock is well published?
Speaker 4: I'm sure. Wait are they actually doing it? They're actually doing it? See in theory people are.
Speaker 7: It's already happening because whatever is dumped into Platte River downstream, somebody's taking it out, so technically.
Speaker 4: It's reusable water. It's that fast. Castle Rock, excuse me, is doing it right now.
Speaker 7: I think about thirty five percent of their water and it's going to even get higher.
Speaker 4: Is right from the toilet to the tap?
Speaker 5: Okay, So when you say from the toilet to the tap, Okay, what do they do as far are you telling me?
Speaker 4: Also, you said that human waste is being used as fertilizer.
Speaker 7: Absolutely correct, that's been a common practice and it's case wait.
Speaker 4: Wait wait wait, So these facilities, yes, water filtration and sewer systems.
Speaker 5: Right, Well, there're two separate plants, the sewer plant and the water plant, right, two separate right.
Speaker 4: Right, but it's it's close together. So the the septic did.
Speaker 5: They send water from the septic from the sewer plant. They they take that affluent and send it to water filtration.
Speaker 7: They send it either dumper right into the plant platte river or they're gonna chemically enhance and clean it and send it right, you know, to the water treatment district. So the water treatment district will take that water. You've seen those big you know, water containers and municipalities. Yeah, so there's thirty four million metric tons of sludge produced every day and that's something that they would take, they would process and sell it for fertilizer. Now, you know, there was a farm in Texas that bought it, and this whole you know, basically farmland is contaminated.
Speaker 4: One was in Michigan.
Speaker 7: And my point is that if it's so contaminated with forever chemicals, what's that say about the current state of you know, us, the humans.
Speaker 5: Okay, we have another problem we haven't even talked about. That's prescription drugs and antibiotics and all.
Speaker 4: That exactly that's in the world. You pay to forever chemicals.
Speaker 5: You have plastics and nanoplastics, and you have prescription drugs.
Speaker 7: Pharmaceuticals is to me is the because you can't filter them out well, reverse osmosis can absolutely help.
Speaker 4: You know, you can never say no.
Speaker 5: I'm not talking about the point of use like reverse, I'm talking about municipal.
Speaker 4: You know, they can't.
Speaker 7: Absolutely they can't. There's just no way right now. The technology is not there unless you unless you have a municipality that you know is eighty four million dollars is the average price tag for you know, water purification filtration system. But you have to think about the volume and then the volume that filters and how long you know that that.
Speaker 4: Filter is going to last.
Speaker 5: So here's what I think every single home in my opinion, I mean, I'm not so sure about retro well, no, retrofitting's fine too, but I think in the future, every home should have some kind of solar component.
Speaker 4: It should have some kind of water.
Speaker 5: Treatment for drinking, even if you don't do for the whole house for laundry. Everyone should have water treatment for drinking. Everyone Because municipalities, I think they would save money doing a tax credit for a drinking system then rather than fixing up the sewer plant.
Speaker 7: So I totally agree with you and think about this. If you treated the water at the home, then the waste water going back in it, it's going to be treated. It's not going to have the level contaminants, so you start better all the way around, exactly.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 5: That's water pros with us today three zho three eight six two five five five four.
Speaker 4: We have more coming up. Get your calls in.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Three time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ripped off, bad news? You need advice? Who you don't have the come running just as fast as we can. Show Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come man, This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino.
Speaker 4: Hello, Tom Martino, Here to the show. Three O three seven one three talk three old three three seven one three eight two five five. Welcome.
Speaker 5: So let's talk about your problems, questions and complaints. We've had a lot to talk about. Let's go to Jennifer. Now, who's calling in. Our number is three oh three Martino that you can call it twenty four to seven three zero three six two seven.
Speaker 4: Eight four six ' six. Go ahead. What's happening, Jennifer?
Speaker 13: Hi, thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 4: What's happening?
Speaker 13: I met pretty much at my west end here. So I enrolled in a benefit through my employer. It was a dependent health savings account.
Speaker 4: Yeah huh.
Speaker 13: The goal of the plan is to have funds go into this plan and then I get a debit card and those funds and then used for childcare.
Speaker 4: That's oh wait wait, so okay, okay, not for healthcare. This is for childcare. Correct, Okay, I didn't realize. I didn't realize that you can use an HSA for childcare.
Speaker 13: I didn't either, So this is specific to just dependent care, got it? And I use the funds for child care for my kids before school, after school care, and then for summer camps. Because I was working and the company, the third party company was overseeing the plan told me that I needed to provide proof that this was indeed for dependent care. So I submitted receipts forms and they.
Speaker 5: Now, when you say the company, do you mean the bank or do you mean some other administrator?
Speaker 13: Another administrator, So my employer is who offers the plan, and then there's a third party who oversees that plan. I'm having problems with the third party.
Speaker 4: Okay, got it. They're they're the claims administrator.
Speaker 14: Correct, Okay, got got it?
Speaker 4: Okay, So what kind of proof did they want?
Speaker 13: They wanted receipts and then they wanted me to fill out a form per transaction and we're talking about twenty eight transactions.
Speaker 4: And did you do that?
Speaker 14: So I started the process.
Speaker 13: And when they started approving the transactions, which were twenty eight transactions, two of them were approved, and when I called wax Is the company, they told me, hey, these are starting to get approved because it's for the same merchant, Denver Public Schools. I don't see why they wouldn't approve the additional transactions because it's the exact same company, the same merchant they've already approved to. Why wouldn't they approve the other ones? So I thought we were in the clear.
Speaker 6: All good, So how.
Speaker 4: Many receipts did you provide?
Speaker 21: Two to receipts for the.
Speaker 13: Same merchant for Denver Public schools?
Speaker 16: Right?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 13: And then what happened is I was like, it was a nightmare for me to even get approval for these two and I didn't want to have to go into another year having to deal with this company, so I didn't enroll in the plan again. Okay, beginning or excuse me, middle of September, I got an email from my employer telling me that they were going to start garnishing my wages because I didn't provide proof that these funds were for depending care.
Speaker 5: Wait wait wait wait wait, but it was your money to begin with, so I don't even understand this, and HSA is money you put in there, right, do they.
Speaker 4: Match it at all?
Speaker 5: Non, Then even if see and I had an argument like this before with a health savings account, I had an argument.
Speaker 4: Here was my argument. Okay, they said to me that you're not allow You're only allowed to use it for certain things.
Speaker 5: But I said to them, you're just the plan administrator, you're not responsible. In other words, it's none of their business. If even if I didn't use the money properly, it was my money. Now the IRS can do something about it.
Speaker 4: But what do they mean. They're going to garnish your wages. They're going to take your money back, and then what what are they going to do with your money? If you put your money in there.
Speaker 5: Even if it was misused, it's still your money. So so the government would have something to say about it, you know. In other words, HSA has done before taxes, right, so the most they could do is take what should have been with held.
Speaker 4: Is what they're saying.
Speaker 5: They're not going to take your money, but they're going to garnish your wages for what should have been withheld. Is that what they're saying.
Speaker 13: No, they're taking the full amount. So I contributed four six hundred and sixty two dollars into this plan in twenty twenty one, and now they are making me pay almost three hundred dollars a week as garnishment back to them.
Speaker 23: So I pretty okay, what are they going to do?
Speaker 4: What are they going to do with your money? What are they going to do with it?
Speaker 13: Based on the email that they sent me, they told me that it's going back into the FSA for administrative costs.
Speaker 4: But wait a minute, this makes no sense.
Speaker 13: Okay, let's take considered four feitted amounts and will be used to offset administrative expenses to run the FSA plans.
Speaker 8: They're taking it, not just giving it back to Hurricane.
Speaker 5: Now they're literally said, but but Jennifer, here's the thing. They're assuming. First of all, that they weren't used for dependent care, and they were okay first But secondly, so what they're saying is did you call it an HSA or is it FSA?
Speaker 21: I misspoke?
Speaker 13: It is as in frank essay, not in trusting right.
Speaker 4: A family savings.
Speaker 5: All right, Okay, Now I understand this because I never heard of the health savings being used. I've but the Flexible Spending Account FSA you can use for dependent care.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: So dependent FSA dependent flexible spending is money withheld before taxes to be used for whatever the dependent care is. You used it for your children's stuff, and as well you should. The plan administrator wanted proof. They wanted to make sure you're not buying stuff for yourself or spending it on crazy stuff like going to the movies and stuff for your kids.
Speaker 4: Right, So you provided some seats, but not all, is that right?
Speaker 23: Correct?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 13: Because they were from the same it was for Denver Public schools, so they approved to for Denver Public schools. Obviously it was for childcare. Why wouldn't they approve the other ones if it was for the exact same.
Speaker 4: Merchants, and they should have. So it's going to be it's going to be a little battle. But we need to teach them what to do. They they're idiots.
Speaker 13: Well, and here's the other kicker is that I called and said, well, what communication did you send to me that you needed this information? They never sent me anything in the mail. The email address that they had on file for me that they said that they were sending communications to was an email address that wasn't even mine. I gave them every single I met email address, including my employer's email address.
Speaker 5: Now this administrator, what's the name of the administrator.
Speaker 4: X w ex and where are they located?
Speaker 6: I believe in Maine.
Speaker 13: And they're better Business Bureau reviews. I mean they have over two hundred reviews.
Speaker 4: You see. Well, they get to keep the money with up. So here's what they're saying.
Speaker 5: If you don't use flexible spending, it's forfeited, right, that's what they're saying.
Speaker 4: So they're saying, technically you didn't. You didn't use it.
Speaker 13: I paid into the plan. They they stay those the payments that I used, or the funds that I put into that plan were then given to DPS for childcare. And now they're charging me an additional forty six as a penalty.
Speaker 4: Wait, additional to the money you wait, wait, wait, but they're not taking the money you put in plus four thousand, are they they are? What do you talk?
Speaker 15: Your your money though, that was withheld even at worst, even if you were totally guilty, Even if you were totally guilty, the money you put in that.
Speaker 4: Was yours is still yours.
Speaker 5: At worst case scenario, they would withhold the taxes and that money would be yours even if there was a penalty. But you're telling me they're taking both your wages plus a penalty.
Speaker 13: Yep, so I paid into the plan?
Speaker 4: Well no, no, did you talk to your HR department about this?
Speaker 13: We're telling me to call WEX, and WEX isn't helping me. Nobody is helping me. Nobody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're going to help you.
Speaker 8: How can they garnish your wages without first taking you to court for this money?
Speaker 4: It's called offsetting exaggerating.
Speaker 13: I probably called the attorneys, look twenty different attorneys in Colorado, and nobody will help me because.
Speaker 5: That's five Well hold on, it's not just because it's five thousand. I thought you how much money actually was in Let's take it once a bit a time. How much money did they withhold from? Did you put into your FSA? How much four thousand, six hundred?
Speaker 4: How much?
Speaker 13: Forty eight hundred dollars?
Speaker 4: Forty eight hundred is what you saved right? Okay? And then you used a debit card and paid your bills right?
Speaker 13: And then I paid dependent care.
Speaker 4: I get it, I get it.
Speaker 5: I don't want to go okay, So forty eight hundred dollars is what you saved right beyond before tax?
Speaker 4: Okay, so so in it now. Now they want to be reimbursed how much total? How much?
Speaker 13: Forty six hundred dollars? And the reason there's a difference hold on because no, no.
Speaker 4: Hold on.
Speaker 5: You told me they wanted all of your wages back. Plus they wanted a penalty of four thousand. That would have been eight thousand or nine thousand dollars. So I need to get this straight. You don't have to exaggerate to get our help. We're going to help you.
Speaker 4: But your employer you took out forty eight hundred and they want I mean, you saved forty eight hundred of your own money and spent it on your own dependent bills, and now they want you to reimburse them four thousand, six hundred. Is that right? I guess she.
Speaker 5: I guess she didn't like my questions, so we can't help. Okay, So I think she didn't like my questions.
Speaker 4: Here's the deal.
Speaker 5: If she spent that money properly, then they can't get it back. And even if she didn't spend it properly, the most they could do, they're gonna say it was forfeited.
Speaker 4: Now, I understand what they're saying, but they're not trying to get eight or.
Speaker 6: Is she back?
Speaker 4: Did she come back or not?
Speaker 3: Just put her up as she can.
Speaker 4: Okay, I thought you hung up, Jennifer, listen, No.
Speaker 14: No, no, I need your help.
Speaker 4: Okay. So the total that they want back is forty six hundred, right, Jesus, I don't know why we can't get an answer, Jennifer.
Speaker 13: Yes, can you hear me?
Speaker 4: Okay? Yes? The total they want back is not in addition to your wages you will save. They want a total of forty six hundred dollars back.
Speaker 6: Is that right?
Speaker 21: Okay?
Speaker 13: So I apologize because I don't know if I'm I'm not.
Speaker 6: Well versed in this.
Speaker 4: So then let me just explain. No, no, I don't want you to explain it again. I really can't have you do that. I need to ask you questions.
Speaker 5: They you put your own wages away in an FSA to the total of forty eight hundred, right, Is that a yes? Or no?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 5: They want approximately forty six hundred back, correct, because they're saying that that money was not properly spent on dependent care, therefore it was forfeited.
Speaker 4: Is that correct?
Speaker 8: Correct?
Speaker 4: Okay? We can help you because you have the proof that every dime was spent on dependent care. Isn't that correct?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 4: Okay. First of all, your employer should not garnish your wages at all, and I would take them separately to court for the money they're taking out if we can't get this fixed. But I'm going to assign this to D. That's his nickname. He'll be in touch with you. Jennifer. This is BS, and I'm on your side. This is BS. Okay now, because because.
Speaker 5: They're refused, they're saying you refuse to show documentation. They're saying they had enough documentation because you showed them three or four or five receipts and all of the others were the same exact receipts, right, correct?
Speaker 4: Can you supply us with all of your receipts now?
Speaker 3: Yes, okay.
Speaker 4: D will be in touch with His name is Dimitrio.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, Kaschina, get all of this to Dmitri and Jennifer, I do agree with you.
Speaker 4: They're full of crap. Now, a question on a motor home coming up.
Speaker 5: I'm Tom Martine three O three seven one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content time for an insurance check up free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage had dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one.
Speaker 4: Help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Hi Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter. All right.
Speaker 5: After this question on a motor home, we'll go over fssays because a lot of people don't understand how they work.
Speaker 4: Flexible spending.
Speaker 5: The government has put them in use, so you have more spending power by putting money away before taxes are taken out, and if they're used for the intended purpose, then it's like you have twenty or thirty percent more money, or in high a wag journers forty percent more money. Rick, what do you have as a question for the sale of your motor home?
Speaker 6: Rick, it's all a long time listen.
Speaker 4: Good man, Thank you. What's happening, man? What's happening?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I got a question about a motor home. My mom sold her ninety nine boundary thirty four j on Saturday and I wasn't there. But the auto level the auto leveler wasn't working. Yeah, and I didn't know that. And now he wants to recede.
Speaker 4: The sale, rescind it. Yeah, he wants to resent it. Okay, hold on? Did she sell it as is wheares? And did she put that on the bill of sale?
Speaker 6: All she did was sign the back of the title and there were.
Speaker 4: No terms or conditions.
Speaker 6: Nope.
Speaker 4: How did she's represent it in an ad? How did he find out it was for sale?
Speaker 6: I put it on Facebook marketplace.
Speaker 4: For and how did it read? Did it read? What did it say?
Speaker 6: It just said it's been setting for a while. I don't know nothing about it.
Speaker 4: Does it actually say it's been setting a while? And I know nothing about it.
Speaker 6: I'm just helping it so for my mom.
Speaker 4: Okay, So you made no claims whatsoever?
Speaker 6: None?
Speaker 4: Okay? And did she get paid in full?
Speaker 6: She didn't.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't see how the person can just say they don't want it anymore.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know. He threatened me to put it back in front of my house, and I don't know where to go.
Speaker 4: Well, he can't put it back, but he's not getting his money.
Speaker 6: Now, that's what I was thinking.
Speaker 4: You got to make sure your mom didn't say it's in perfect condition?
Speaker 6: Correct?
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't know what she said to him. Okay, So I just said, did he try it out before he bought it?
Speaker 6: He did? He took it around town.
Speaker 4: Before he paid for it. Correct, She let him drive it around town? Yep? And why was he driving it around town? And how long did he have it?
Speaker 6: He actually had it probably about thirty minutes, just driving around town. He just wanted to make sure everything was in I guess working, But he did not.
Speaker 5: Check the auto levelers were they Are they auto levelers or are they manual level levelers?
Speaker 6: They're they're on the dash?
Speaker 4: Are they just jacks?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Hydraulic.
Speaker 5: But is it a one button where it levels automatically or is it where you put down and look at a little level bubble?
Speaker 6: Yeah, level bubble and you got the four the right.
Speaker 5: Left, I get it, so you you so it's it's a manual leveling system that's not working.
Speaker 4: Do you know what's not working about it?
Speaker 6: I did a search on it and it's probably like low on oil, hydraulic oil.
Speaker 4: But I'm not sure that wouldn't that wouldn't be a good thing because that where would it go? The oil? I mean, right, how many miles on this?
Speaker 6: Sixty three thousand?
Speaker 4: Not bad for ninety nine?
Speaker 6: Okay, it's in really good shake.
Speaker 4: But it's a twenty five year old thing, right, and he knew that right?
Speaker 6: Correct?
Speaker 4: Did she sign the title over?
Speaker 6: She signed the title over.
Speaker 4: He took it and did the bill? What did the bill of sales? What did the bill of sales?
Speaker 6: She didn't do a bill of sale?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, it's assumed to be as is. But this guy can try to give you trouble.
Speaker 5: Look at man, it's it's what how much do you think it's going to cost to fix the leveling system?
Speaker 6: What? Maybe five? One hundred and seven fifty?
Speaker 4: What did you What makes you say that?
Speaker 6: Though? Just to guess on labor?
Speaker 4: Okay, how much did she get for it?
Speaker 6: Ninety four?
Speaker 4: Okay? Now you here's how I would handle it. Here's how I would handle it. I would say, sir, I'd write a letter. You bought this with no promises or expectations. The ad said, we knew nothing about it and had been sitting there. We're sorry the auto leveler is not working. We are not rescinding the deal.
Speaker 5: However, as a goodwill gesture, I am willing to refund five hundred dollars to get it fixed. If it costs more, that'll have to be on you. That's what I would say. That's what I would say. And if it costs more than that, that's on you. But other than that, I'm not refunding the whole amount. You had reasonable time to check it out.
Speaker 4: Blah blah blah, that's what I would do.
Speaker 5: I don't think. Do you think do you think the guy really wants to? I mean, do you think he's just sorry he bought it?
Speaker 6: And when did she?
Speaker 4: When did she sell it? When did she sell it?
Speaker 6: Saturday afternoon?
Speaker 4: Okay? Oh so we're talking about two days ago? Yep? Okay, okay, So that's what I would do. What do you think? Would you please call me and let me know what happens?
Speaker 5: I mean, when people are reasonable, I think I think it'll you know, like, I don't think you technically have to do that, but why not? You know, it's not worth the hassle and the bad blood and so's but I would make it very clear there were no representations made whatsoever, and we even told you it's been sitting a while, and therefore you know we're not rescinding the deal. However, in a good will gesture, I'm willing to kick in five hundred dollars toward repairs.
Speaker 4: It would cost more than that.
Speaker 5: That's on you, okay, And I definitely put it in writing and mail it to him, and also email.
Speaker 4: Or however text all of the all of the ways you can.
Speaker 5: And then and then make sure you do a bill of sale for the amount minus the five hundred as full and final settlement as is, and then do it and let me know what happens. I'm Tom Martino three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Renew Home Innovations will do a beautiful shower conversion for you, and they will do it in two or three days. Stone walls, no maintenance, glass panels, no thresholds to stumble over or to walk over. You can even wheel through or use a walker if you're older. They're beautiful.
Speaker 4: They can make them exactly the way you want them, with benches and grab bars and all of that. They do it in two or three days, with seventy two months to pay no interest. Think about that.
Speaker 5: That's renew Home Innovations dot Com three oh three nine zero four two thousand with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out Now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Okay, I will hi Tom Martino here three three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. I want to clarify fssays which are different than hssay's. A health savings account is money you put away before tax and you own it. That money is put in an account and you have full control over it. Now you can draw money out and use it for anything you want, but if it's it's not proper, the IRS will tax you and penalize you for it. The employer doesn't get involved in that. So if you go and buy.
Speaker 5: A hot tub in your health savings account and you don't have the proper paperwork or prescription, you'll be penalized, but your employer won't say don't buy it.
Speaker 4: Your employer has nothing to say about it. None of them do. They don't have they don't get receipts, nothing. It's your money. You do what you want.
Speaker 5: If you don't use it, it's carried over for the next year when it comes to an FSSAY a flexible spending account. The government has allowed us to use those for other things, so an FSA can be used, for example, for dependent.
Speaker 4: Care and childcare. If you don't use an FSA, it doesn't carry over to the next year like an HSA. Instead, you lose it.
Speaker 5: Okay, So you put a let's say six grand, and you don't use it, or you use four grand. That extra two that you didn't use is forfeited. You don't pay tax on it, but you don't get it either. The four grand that you use for the purpose, that's fine. You don't pay tax on that either.
Speaker 4: But if you put the whole six in there, and you used it on stuff that the administrator doesn't agree with. They're gonna say, guess what, you far fwoited the money. Then you have to fight about it.
Speaker 5: Now, that's the problem because with the FSA, you don't own it, and then third party administrator can determine if it was used properly. Now, in her case, it was used properly, but she didn't provide the receipts according to the administrator. That's the difference between an FSA and an HSA.
Speaker 4: Tracy, what's going on with you? Tracy? Welcome to the show.
Speaker 23: Oh, thank you. I'm in from out of town and I have a son that's thirty two years old and he's been going through mental issues. His schizophrenic and.
Speaker 4: That's pretty serious. Was he diagnosed, Yes, he was, okay.
Speaker 23: And he goes too because he's also been on methadone and he goes in every morning to see his two counselors and they give him the methadone and he goes to work.
Speaker 5: And now he gets methodone because he's a recovering heroin addict.
Speaker 23: No, he was doing pills.
Speaker 4: What kind of pills, prescription pills like opiates. Yeah, yeah, there's way better stuff than methadone to get off of those. But okay, so he's on methadone.
Speaker 23: Yeah, he does his routine. He's very good at routine, so.
Speaker 4: Okay, he goes in he sees he, well, what is he doing for his schizophrenia?
Speaker 23: He's not getting We're trying to get him to go get help and get on medication, and he has PTSD. So his sister and I flew in here to try to take him because the counselors called and said that he was in crisis. He's having psychotic episodes.
Speaker 4: Okay, so we fly.
Speaker 23: Down here and we go to see him, and he doesn't recognize us because her car it's not right. So we call the crisis team and they go out and they knock on his door and talk to him, and he's very short and shuts the door, and they just say that they nobody can help him because he's not admitting that he's in crisis.
Speaker 5: Well, I thought there was something you can do. If you could get a medical professional and family members to say that he needs help, you could involuntarily admit him.
Speaker 4: So you're telling you have them.
Speaker 23: Yeah, he's seeing these people and they're knowing we've talked to the crisis.
Speaker 5: Well hold on, well are they saying, well, what did they say about involuntary admission?
Speaker 4: What did they say about it?
Speaker 23: That he has to be voluntary?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: No, well of course he doesn't. There are people who are involuntarily institutionalized all the time.
Speaker 4: So I mean, what do they mean.
Speaker 23: I just don't know how to do that? Okay, because we're asking them, you know, he's because he's thirty two years old. They're saying to us that there's nothing we can do just to get well checks. And if for some reason he ends up hurting someone or himself, then they can step in. But he's losing his apartment. He's about to be on the street because he won't sign his lease because he doesn't he's paranoid. He taking turn on his lights because he thinks people are stealing his electricity. So he's gotten gradually gotten worse, and he sees these counselors every day and they're telling us he's getting worse, but yet nobody is stepping in to help us. And I just don't know where else to go.
Speaker 4: Okay, Doc, yes, docor Tom?
Speaker 14: So what do we do?
Speaker 5: Isn't there a way to involuntarily admit a family member into a mental health facility.
Speaker 22: I thought there was, well, you get a seventy two hour hold for sure, and then they see that he's not normal.
Speaker 23: They said that we have to get him to voluntarily go to the hospital to do that.
Speaker 4: That is not true.
Speaker 5: That's the whole idea of the Baker Act. It's not voluntary. That's the whole freaking idea. Don't I just can't believe you're being flim flammed like this.
Speaker 23: I told you through the cracks and he's going to lose his apartment, beat out on the street and he's lived there for five years.
Speaker 5: Look, okay, honest to god, I can't believe you're going through this.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: In Colorado, involuntary admission is known as civil commitment. And here are the steps. Okay, A licensed a licensed mental health care professional, and a peace officer can do it.
Speaker 4: Okay. Now, the other one is that this is a seventy two hour hold. It does not have to be voluntary. They just have to observe him. Now, has he been to a mental health care professional?
Speaker 23: He's been admitted before.
Speaker 4: Involuntarily.
Speaker 23: No, always emergency room. Well, he went to the emergency room, and then they seen that he was in crisis and put him in.
Speaker 5: Now, when you go to does he recognize her? Scar wasn't right? According to him, does he recognize you?
Speaker 23: He does, but he hasn't seen me in a while. And I guess we both came. We live in both different states, and it kind of I don't know he was at right. It was okay at first, and his paranoia clicked in.
Speaker 19: And he's like, where where is he?
Speaker 4: I don't want his address? But what municipality is he in?
Speaker 23: He's in Bolder.
Speaker 4: I just can't believe.
Speaker 5: Well, the problem in Boulders is him distinguishing himself as abnormal. The maybe that's because they everyone up there is crazy. I mean, this is ridiculous.
Speaker 4: They should be able to involuntarily take him into custody. If a police officer knocks at the door for a wellness check and can observe it, they can then take him and have him on a seventy two hour hold. Why won't they do that? Did you talk to Bolder police?
Speaker 23: Yes, we did talk to him and they said, doc, can you call the criteria that he answered, but he just said his electricity wasn't working and you can look at him. His arms are so thin and his eyes are bulging, and he is just you could just tell him he's in psychotic.
Speaker 22: Can you take him to the emergency room?
Speaker 20: Tracy?
Speaker 4: No, he won't go with her, Oh he won't. But how does he eat? How does he do anything like that?
Speaker 23: Well, he's went through his money for the month, so he's behind it in Rent.
Speaker 5: Hey do me a favorite, Doc, if you could just call a bolder police and say they're allowed to visit him, and if they observe he's not, he's not. You know, they can put a seventy two hour hold on him. I mean, I just don't know why they wouldn't do it. I got to take this break hold on Tracy. Doc, at least talk to her off the air. Please, Okay, you're the one, if anyone that can at least talk to the police.
Speaker 4: I'm Tom Martine.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies.
Speaker 4: Find out now three o three seven to seven to one help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two