Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: We live in Chicago.
Speaker 3: We had some great times last night when we went to watch the Cubs game at Wrigley Field, which was an absolute bucket list item for me.
Speaker 4: Oh, it was wonderful. It was great.
Speaker 1: You got great seats, We met great people. We had three different types of sausage. We had a Polish sausage and a broughtwurst and a Chicago dog.
Speaker 3: They wondering about that Neon Green relish that they put on that show.
Speaker 4: So Delicious, And we ate a pickle. We ate a team pickle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was very fun.
Speaker 3: And you got a security guard fired from Wrigley Field.
Speaker 4: I may have done that.
Speaker 3: You were not supposed to take pictures with the security people.
Speaker 4: Yeah. His name was what was his name?
Speaker 2: Jason?
Speaker 4: Jason.
Speaker 3: You see, you didn't even care enough to know his team figures. Wow, what else is going on?
Speaker 2: What's happening?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 1: I'm Tamala Harris preparing for the biggest speech of her life.
Speaker 4: This will tell the story.
Speaker 1: Of her middle class upbringing.
Speaker 4: We're told it will cast.
Speaker 1: The twenty twenty four race as the future versus the past, and there will be an appeal to patriotism as well.
Speaker 3: She had said about a month ago when she became the candidate that she saw this speech, any debate that would be planned that might take place, would be the most pivotal moments of this now shortened race down to about you know, eighty ninety days. And in reality, this is the speech that's going to be even the more crucial than perhaps the debates.
Speaker 1: They say she's taking her convention address so seriously. She's held rehearsals complete with teleprompters in three different time zones.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of eyeballs on this thing tonight. Not the entire country, but a lot of people. And I don't know this is you know, we've been saying that this is a show, that it's a it's a party for the party. This is there her ability to perhaps reach out, maybe find some sort of common ground with independent voters or people who are disenfranchised by any anybody else that's running right now. I don't know how she does. We'll see how she does in the Uh. She's a good speaker.
Speaker 2: We know that.
Speaker 1: I've been waiting to see Eric Adams around here, because he, like Gavin Newsom, was kind of ditched when it came to a speaking slot at this convention. Of course, Eric Adams, the mayor of New York City, has been critical of the White House over immigration, the migrant crisis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's she's got to answer some of those questions. But tonight you're going to just see a continuation of the themes of the joy of you know, the the what'd you say, the joyful warriors. We kept hearing that term, so we'll see more of that tonight.
Speaker 1: The Italian Coast Guard said the body of a British tech magnet, Mike Lynch, is among those recovered off the coast of Sicily from the wreckage of that super yacht. One woman remains missing. She has not been identified, but Hannah Lynch, according to Hannah Lynch's daughter, is reportedly unaccounted for. The family had been celebrating his recent acquittal on fraud charges with the people who.
Speaker 4: Defended him at his trial in the US.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this yacht went down Monday in stormy weather about a half a mile from the fishing village of Porticello, which they said is close to the city of Palermo.
Speaker 2: There's a strange story.
Speaker 3: Going on in Canada that could have a massive impact on the United States.
Speaker 2: There is a labor dispute.
Speaker 3: Both of Canada's major freight railroads have come to a full stop because of a contract dispute with their workers, and they're saying that that could bring significant economic harm to businesses and consumers in Canada and the US if they don't get those trains running sometime soon. Canadian National and CPKC Railroads both locked out their employees after that deadline this morning without any new agreements. The Teamsters Canada Rail Conference represents some ten thousand engineers, conductors, dispatchers, and they said all rail traffic in Canada and all shipments across.
Speaker 2: The US border have stopped as of right now.
Speaker 1: Would you like something fun? Would you like some good news?
Speaker 2: Do we have good news music of some kind?
Speaker 4: Of course we do. Stephen Netterosik. You know him as the pommel horse guy.
Speaker 2: Oh, the guy with the glasses, the guy.
Speaker 1: With the glasses, I forget his other catchy names from the Olympics, the guy Clark Kent, Clark Kent of the Olympics. Yes, he's the one with just the one specialty name to the Olympic team under great amounts of criticism. Why why would you take Kim Stephen to the Olympics when he only specializes in.
Speaker 4: The pommel horse.
Speaker 1: Well we need a good horse performance, they said, and Steven went off to Paris. Well, now Stephen is going off to Dancing with the Stars. The Olympic gymnast is joining the cast for season thirty three. If you can believe it, of Dancing with the Stars thirty three, that's like Steve Gregory's show, what season forty five of Unsolved or something like that hasn't been on for thirty three years. From Paris to Dancing with the Stars, We're thrilled to welcome pommel horse legend Stephen or Netterosik.
Speaker 4: As the first star of the season.
Speaker 1: If you're wondering, Dancing with the Stars will premiere live Tuesday, September seventeenth on NBABC and Disney Plus. So he is a first star that has been that has been named. I know that you wait right before any season of Dancing with the Stars drops because you're just baited.
Speaker 4: I love you who's going to be involved?
Speaker 2: You got that right?
Speaker 3: And man, I love those announcements when they just Jompson drabs.
Speaker 1: Well, you have a Google alert for Dancing with the Stars, so anytime something comes up about it, you're one of the first to know it's.
Speaker 4: Dancing with the Stars. You're Google alert. You also have a Google alert for BTS and.
Speaker 1: I think there's one because I borrowed your computer that one time, so I saw your Google alerts and it was Dancing with the Stars, BTS and women accomplishments, any any women accomplished big women accomplishments.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you ate for lunch, but pretzels.
Speaker 4: All I've eaten today are pretzels.
Speaker 3: All right, Day four of the Democratic National Convention.
Speaker 1: Here in Chicago, a group of House Democratic women just presented a one hundred thousand dollars check to the Harris Victory Fund at a closed door event for Democratic women.
Speaker 4: According to a person who was there.
Speaker 1: The group is called elect Democratic Women, devoted to lifting more women into elected office, particularly Congress. Hey, next week, when we're on the air, can we not do any politics?
Speaker 2: We may have to do that a palate cleansing. We probably not a bad idea, or just.
Speaker 1: Maybe Monday nothing politics unless something huge happens, We'll just do murder and Mayhem and you know, penguins gay, all the gay penguins.
Speaker 2: Yeah, solid, that'd be good.
Speaker 3: There is a I'll use that term again, groundswell of Democratic lawmakers who have announced their support to have a pro Palestinian speaker added to the lineup for today.
Speaker 2: There is suggestion.
Speaker 3: That among them, by the way, Congressman Rocanna from California, he is an ally of President Biden, who has served as a mediator between Democrats who have disagreed on the Biden Harris administration's handling of Israel and Gaza, and he has said that the Democratic Party is making a mistake, a tragic mistake, by not allowing a pro Palestinian speaker to address the convention here sometime today.
Speaker 2: Now there are.
Speaker 3: Places they could stick them in. They could change at any time they wanted to. But usually the way that they've been running it in the last couple of days is they set the speaker list, they send it out to members of the media.
Speaker 2: They have not yet. I haven't seen that yet.
Speaker 1: So Kennedy's decision, all the experts are saying now to drop out of this is unlikely to change the race.
Speaker 4: Really at all.
Speaker 1: This is an expected decision by RFK Junior to end the bid is poll numbers have fallen to the level of a run of the mill third party candidate. It's hard to tell what the effect is decision may have on it. An endorsement of Trump would be unlikely to change the nature of the race, even if it was well received by Kennedy's supporters, in part because it's hard to know how many of his supporters will vote in November. Right, You got to if they were going to mobilize and get to the polling place or to the ballot for him, are they less likely to get out of that chair for one of the other two?
Speaker 2: Well, wouldn't you say that?
Speaker 3: From what we've seen polling wise, he was taking from both sides.
Speaker 2: I mean, it.
Speaker 3: Wasn't like he was taking ten percent from well, from Harris and from Biden, really, right.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: It's like, how does that change the math for Kennedy the Biden to Harris switch. In a recent Time Siena poll, when pushed, his supporters were more inclined to support Trump, but other recent high quality polls have found him to be pulling support from Harris so, and like I said earlier, I mean, the Kennedy supporters are free thinking people.
Speaker 4: They're not cheap.
Speaker 1: They're not going to fall in line with any sort of endorsement.
Speaker 3: Yeah, their own decision and the reasons that people were choosing Kennedy don't necessarily line up with one person or the other perhaptly. So yeah, i'd be it will be a confusing day when that happens. I want to tell you a story about a woman named Kim up in San Francisco. I saw headlines regarding this and it's not a great story.
Speaker 2: It's not happy in any way.
Speaker 3: It's highlighting perhaps one of the things that we were able to talk to Antonio Vira Gosa about, and that is the quality of life for some of these people in San Francisco and how it has gone absolutely downhill. Kim Andrews is known for harassing people with children. She's a homeless woman, although nobody knows exactly where she calls home. Being homeless, obviously, she ran up to a nanny a few years ago and started screaming.
Speaker 2: And saying, I'm.
Speaker 3: Going to take your child, I'm going to kill you.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: This nanny is among a bunch of different people, different caregivers and parents who have reported experiences with Kim Andrews over the last four years, and nobody seems to be able to do anything about it. They said, this thirty six year old woman has been repeatedly harassing and threatening children and their caretakers, and they need they authorities need to do more to intervene to keep her up the street before something bad actually happens. Now, they said, it's not clear where she lives, but everybody has been saying she's been seen in the Laurel Village area, the Richmond, the Coal Valley, the Inner Sunset, and despite a drumbeat of criminal charges that range from battery and robbery, shoplifting, criminal threats, she's been popped on.
Speaker 2: All of those.
Speaker 3: She has cycled through jail, She has cycled through the courts and then gets back out there on the streets to scare the living tar out of nanny's and parents.
Speaker 4: That's awful, they said.
Speaker 3: People experiencing homelessness and mental addiction or illness or all three get in that cycle and they can't get out of it. They'd go between jails and the psych hospitals and then the streets. Their families are frustrated. Their neighbors and neighborhoods, I suppose are frustrated by all of this. So can you force someone into treatment?
Speaker 2: And can you do that?
Speaker 3: But only if they pose some sort of imminent danger or might be disabled in some way. Many of those who come into contact with this woman say that they're relieved when she was arrested just last month, charged with criminal threats child endangerment because she was menacing a mother and a baby in Golden Gate Park.
Speaker 2: She had an altercation that.
Speaker 4: Resides us to go there and feed the ducks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you ever see this woman?
Speaker 4: She never did.
Speaker 1: No, Nana and Pau would take me there and we'd bring some bread and we'd feed the ducks.
Speaker 3: That incident in Golden Gate Park was the sixth time this woman has been arrested this year.
Speaker 2: Released once again.
Speaker 3: Prosecutors said that they need time to gather more evidence for my witnesses.
Speaker 1: I remember thinking this is a big waste of perfectly good bread.
Speaker 4: I would like this bread.
Speaker 2: Did you eat it? Surely? Stale bread that you give to the ducks?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is usually bread? But well, who lets their bread go stale?
Speaker 1: People who like ducks I mean there's butter, perfectly good butter for that bread.
Speaker 2: Where is the extra button?
Speaker 4: Where here's the butter?
Speaker 3: They have issued in a warrant for this woman's arrest. Community members have banded together. They said that government hasn't done anything to protect them. So they put a flyers in the Richmond District presidio heights that have this woman's picture on it, and people are asked to call nine to one one to report any harassment of children.
Speaker 2: Some have filed police reports.
Speaker 3: And posted on social media, but at this point they have said that she is still out there and she is still a threat to kids.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers have made a very surprising move. They've dfa designated for assignment.
Speaker 4: Jason Hayward.
Speaker 2: Why.
Speaker 3: He's one of the great clubhouse guys.
Speaker 4: Great clubhouse guy, great story.
Speaker 2: He and Freddie Freeman are best friends.
Speaker 4: He's wonderful.
Speaker 1: They say, to make roster room for Chris Taylor and keep Kevin Kermeyer.
Speaker 4: I don't know who that is.
Speaker 2: Keer Meyer. He's the centerfielder.
Speaker 4: Hmmm.
Speaker 3: Wow, Well, what are you gonna do now with your Jason Hayward Jersey.
Speaker 4: I will keep it. I'll keep it.
Speaker 3: Speaking of which, Tomorrow night, the Dodgers take on the Tampa bay Rays first pitch at seven o'clock seven to ten. Listen every play of every Dodgers game on AM five seventy LA Sports and stream all the games n HD. On that iHeartRadio app used the keyword AM five seventy LA Sports powered by LA Care for all of LA. A reminder that KFI is also going to send you and a friend to Las Vegas for the twenty twenty four iHeartRadio Music Festival presented by Capitol One, coming up September twentieth and twenty first at.
Speaker 2: T Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. Two nights, one stage.
Speaker 3: You're gonna see live performances by Dua Lipa, Doja Cat, Gwen Stefani, Keith Urban. Buy your tickets and now at AXS dot com. Get it out before they sell out, and keep listening to KFI because we are going to give two tickets to both nights of the festival, a two night hotel stay at an MGM resource destination, a two hundred dollars gas card to get you to and from Vegas. Show off pool side, but only with the MGM Rewards. Visit Mgmrewards dot com for details.
Speaker 1: Maybe we should pick up Jason Heyward just to be on our team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would, I would. I would love him.
Speaker 4: We could have a third member of the show.
Speaker 2: That's not a bad one.
Speaker 1: We need a good clubhouse guy.
Speaker 2: We need a great clubhouse guy. Do you think he would be good.
Speaker 3: At the motivational speeches at the beginning.
Speaker 2: Of the show.
Speaker 1: I think he would be good at getting you to work out more great? Okay, if you had to look at Jason Hayward every day. We are in Chicago for the DNC, of course, but uh.
Speaker 4: An update from trump Land.
Speaker 1: Cops in Arizona are searching for a man they say threatened to kill Donald Trump. Police are scouring the border for him. This is the same day that Trump's going.
Speaker 4: To the border. They say.
Speaker 1: The Sheriff's our office has announced a man hunt for this guy and they're currently looking for him. He's sixty six years old. His name's Ronald Zybrand. Law enforcement say he's being sought as an investigative lead for threats to kill a presidential candidate.
Speaker 3: He's at the border right now. As a matter of fact, I the lad President Trump is. There's a story back home in California. Also that suggests that we might see snow this weekend in Lake Tahoe. It's the middle of August. Apparently this anomalously deep low pressure system is about to roll through northern California. They're talking about snow at possible possible at elevations above about eight thousand feet at points over the weekend, So very unusual August snow possible in Lake Tahoe.
Speaker 1: Protesters remain a situation here in Chicago. We saw some big protests on Monday, and word that there may be some more today for the final day of the DNC.
Speaker 4: Jim Ryan from.
Speaker 1: ABC News is on the story. Joins US Now with the very latest.
Speaker 4: Jim, what do you.
Speaker 2: See, hey, guys.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it looks as though in a couple of hours they're going to gather again in Union Park, which is a mile or so east of the Convention Center used to the United Center, and then begin another small march toward the center and they'll turnaround and go back. You know, the people who are doing the march are locals for the most part. These are people who do this march almost every weekend. That they are pro Palestinian activists who since last October have been holding demonstrations all over Chicago, and that's what's happening today another group, so there will be two essentially two simultaneously happening in the same huge park, this Union Park where these have been going on all week long.
Speaker 3: Channel we saw some of those protesters on Monday, the ones there at Union Park, but we didn't get a chance to see much activity after that.
Speaker 2: It kind of fizzled out. They did try to breach some of the perimeter.
Speaker 3: You know, they're fencing heavy fencing around the United Center here, but that.
Speaker 2: Was about it.
Speaker 3: Has this surprised you that we haven't seen more activity.
Speaker 7: Honestly, yes, you know, I mean there are large gatherings of people that went on Monday, was something like thirty five hundred people who participated in that, and then this small splinter group that broke off from that went over and tried to get through that outer perimeter actually did so. The Secret Service was responsible for that steel barricade and has fortified at somewhat. Those people were arrested. We did have that demonstration that did turn nasty outside the Israeli Consolate in downtown on Tuesday evening. There was something like seventy people were arrested. That was a fairly small group, and today we'll have these other demonstrations, potentially large demonstrations.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's.
Speaker 7: Interesting that they have been relatively peaceful, and I think part of it is that the police department has this policy just an overwhelming show of force officers standing there with their bikes or standing there in their uniform shirts, rarely in riot gear, that kind of thing. So yeah, I've been a little surprised at that, Garrett.
Speaker 1: In comparing what's going to happen today to what we saw on Monday, which was built I thought as the largest protest planned of the week. What kind of numbers are we seeing. Is it going to be similar in those size that we saw on Monday or what do you know?
Speaker 7: Well, hard you never know until it actually happens. I think so much of the work comes out on social media that the group organizers will blast something out on Instagram or on TikTok, and then people will come to these things. That, yeah, that grew thirty five hundred or so on Monday was the largest of the whole week. There's a much smaller, quieter protest going on right now that the steps the United Center, where you guys are an uncommitted Michigan Delegate Abba Salawilla has gone out in stage to sit down demonstration. He's out there with some supporters, not in the hall. He won't be there for this evening unless something happens. He's there asking the DNC to allow a Palestinian American to have a few minutes on the stage to make some remarks. Yesterday we had the parents of a kidnapped American who's held by Hamas right now talk about the anguish that they're going through. It wasn't really a particularly political speech at all. It was just an appeal for something to be done about the hostages being held. So yeah, and at this point the d n C has offered a deaf ear to about Salawia and his request.
Speaker 3: Can you talk about the status of the Chicago Police Department in Illinois State Police who are here as well. Just in terms of my understanding is there's nobody taking time off this week.
Speaker 2: They're all on call basically ready to go if if they're needed. That's right. Yeah.
Speaker 7: The police Superintendent Larry Snelling said earlier in the week that all the time off right now is canceled once this all wraps up, I assume tomorrow, you know, you can have your day's huffback. But for now, he just wants everybody on deck, all hands on deck and ready to respond to anything. And you've seen that at these rallies and these demonstrations, just the whole area is saturated with police officers, most of them standing around chatting until something happens. And you know, that's it's that visibility. I think that in the psychology behind it that Snelling is going for.
Speaker 1: Do you think the mystery speaker tonight at the convention is going to be Beyonce or Taylor Swift?
Speaker 7: That's I don't know's that's a good theory, Taylor Swift maybe so. I mean the speaker mystery speaker last night, Oprah. You know, certainly the DNC is hoping she gins up some support. I'm looking down the list right now. It doesn't have an obviously and have the surprise speaker on there. The theme tonight really, I mean, it's looking forward, but as opposed to the Palestinian Israeli situation. Gun violence will be a major theme this evening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jim Ryan, thank you so much. ABC guys appreciate it.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you.
Speaker 2: We got a couple.
Speaker 3: You would ask somebody if we have anybody that's listening that doesn't know who they're going to vote for.
Speaker 5: Gary Shannon doing a great job in Chicago. Well, I'm one of those people. I don't know who to vote for. I am a moderate, I lean more conservative, but there's I cannot vote for Trump and I honestly cannot vote for Kamala.
Speaker 4: I don't know what to do.
Speaker 5: What would put me over the sense I guess sticking to policy and finding out what the real issues are.
Speaker 3: We're not going to get that in the speech tonight, but maybe sometime in the near future. Day four, wrapping up our final day at least at the UNID Center for the Democratic National Convention.
Speaker 1: All right, friend of the show, David Urbin, I mean you're on the show one time as the first second time, so you're now a friend of the show. I love it back lobbyist political commentator for CNN, and David, we wanted to talk to you today about this announcement coming from RFK getting out of the race and the impact you think it will have on the remaining candidates.
Speaker 8: Look, so I welcome it. I think it's important.
Speaker 6: I followed RFK on Aaron Burnett show one night, and so I sat there and listened to him.
Speaker 8: For thirty five minutes before I had met him.
Speaker 6: In the airport one time, I bumped into him and said hello.
Speaker 8: But I really got to listen to him talk.
Speaker 6: And look, I know he said a lot of crazy things in the past. He's got to go and you can find quotes that are kind of out there about different things and so, but when I listened to him talk about childhood obesity and how much money we spent in America battling diabetes and more money on diabetes than defense. You know, fifty six percent of Americans can't put their hands on a thousand bucks. So when that check engine light comes on your car, for you and I may not be a big deal, but for fifty six percent of Americans, it's a crisis in your family. I mean, he said a lot of things that I listened to it and said, Wow, pretty insightful. Really really connects with a lot of people. So I am hopeful that we get at Bobby Kennedy on the team in the campaign, not the guy who's dubbing a dead.
Speaker 8: Bear in Central Park, but we get the other guy.
Speaker 2: It's a good story.
Speaker 8: That's a good story. I'm not I don't know, but you know, I don't know if we get many voters that way.
Speaker 6: But he's a thoughtful, intelligent person who's got a big following, and I'm hoping we can convince some of those folks to come to our side and vote for Donald Trump. And listen, in a state like Pennsylvania, it's going to be won by tens of thousands of voters, right, it's really important. It's really important that we get those folks and we we bring him in and we lock hands and we hopefully kind of move for or together.
Speaker 2: Uh do you have you been looking at any of the polls?
Speaker 3: I mean, is there is there a way to gauge what kind of an impact kennedy endorsement would have on Trump?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 8: I would have to think. You know, the Democrats officly going to downplay it.
Speaker 6: They'd been spending millions, tens of millions of dollars to keep Bobby Kennedy off ballots in lots of places.
Speaker 8: So they obviously think that he's.
Speaker 6: A concern in a lot of ways that if his name shows up on about that's bad for them. So if it's bad for them, you know, just by uh, by by logic, you would think it's good for Republicans.
Speaker 8: So I don't know a number.
Speaker 2: Well, that'd be.
Speaker 1: Bad for them because there would be voters that would normally vote for Harris that would vote for Kennedy. So it takes away from them absolutely. So I mean if if you remove if you remove that, then they're going to go.
Speaker 6: I don't know, well, I mean hopefully they don't stay home, right right, I don't think hopefully don't make questions. I hopefully we can convince them to come vote for us. And so that's part of the challenge is convincing to join our team. And I'm hopeful, you know, we'll kind of listen to President Trump and and uh and see some things that might be appealing to them, and hopefully they'll join up politically.
Speaker 3: Do you think Governor Tim Wallas did a good job last night in terms of introducing himself to people who wouldn't necessarily know him.
Speaker 6: Look, I think the moment with his son, if you're you know, you're, if you're a human being, you can't you can't help be touched by that, right, It's a sweet moment, right, I still think that he's I think he's like a mean spirited Jim Gaffigan, right, like so hot pockets, right, but you can see him like, yeah, that guy eats hot pockets.
Speaker 8: He's pockets, right, But he's you think he's like that.
Speaker 6: He's like this nice Jim Gaffigan esque figure, but then he seems like he's got this nasty he's like there's yelling and screaming and getting all angry.
Speaker 8: I don't like that, don't you know.
Speaker 6: So we'll see the whole like football team up there and there thing raw ra like, ah, I'm not buying it, right. So and he's the white guy, he's the white guy, the ticket he's supposed to speak to. You know, I view everything again through the lens of Pennsylvania, my my little my, my superpower, also my my drawback. But you know, Carvel wants to described Pennsylvania is Alabama in between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh. Right, So again I see a lot in this convention, this building for the Philly folks, right, A lot of African American women, a lot about abortion. I don't see many for that Alabama part, right, not a lot of guys in baths, pro hats and driving trucks, and maybe that's the Tim Walls part.
Speaker 8: That he's supposed to fill in, and we'll see. I think I think he'll be helpful.
Speaker 6: He will be helpful in some of the Midwest states, perhaps maybe Michigan where you know, and in Wisconsin. I think he will be helpful there. Marginally, he's not gonna he's not gonna sell in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 8: He's not.
Speaker 6: He's not that one thing that I know is kind of off that what kind of sells in the state. It's gonna have a hard time.
Speaker 4: David Urbin, thank you so much for joining us. Always a pleasure, and we will on televisions for having me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, David, of course you can see him on CNN really the only many times the only conservative on the on a panel when he's up there.
Speaker 1: So it looks like Tim Waltz's big night with his whole you know, we've got the fourth quarter and we're down a field goal and everything counts, and we got to carry the rock and five dollars donations matter. It was the best night of the convention for grassroots fundraising. This is according to a person familiar with the totals so it beat out Monday with Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton. It beat out Tuesday with the Obamas. Tim Waltz moved the meter when it came to those small dollar donations. Of course, we can assume that that record will be broken tonight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're going to see this big slatest speakers once again. I keep going back to former Housing Secretary Marsha Fudge.
Speaker 2: We'll see what she has to say.
Speaker 4: You and your Fudge.
Speaker 2: Interior Secretary Deb Holland.
Speaker 3: You've got a former Representative, Adam Kinsinger of Illinois. He's one of those guys who was on the January sixth Committee and fell out of love, you could say, with Donald Trump. And he's going to talk about his endorsement of Kamala Harris for president. A couple governors are going to be involved, including Whitmer out of Michigan, Cooper out of North Carolina.
Speaker 1: Trump is speaking at an Arizona campaign event right now along the southern border. He opened his remarks by calling Harris's nomination a coup against Biden. Of course, Wednesday, on CNN, JD. Vance said that Harris is certainly the legitimate nominee of the Democratic.
Speaker 4: Party, but here's a twist.
Speaker 1: Like at every other event Trump's held in the past three years, he talked about the twenty twenty election, but this time, he said he seemed.
Speaker 4: To actually acknowledge his defeat. Here's the quote.
Speaker 1: I got many millions more votes than I got the first time, but didn't quite make it. Just a little bit short, he said today in Arizona.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's unusual.
Speaker 1: Well, he probably went on to say just a little bit short because they hid the votes.
Speaker 4: Or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe the full context it's still in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, Well, who's the big mystery guest tonight?
Speaker 4: Do you think I have no idea?
Speaker 2: You don't think it's Beyonce?
Speaker 4: I you know, I want to I want to care and speculate.
Speaker 2: Dick, but kiss Dick. But kiss Chicago guy.
Speaker 3: That is something, you know, the name that the bigger, bigger, No, not necessarily bigger, but another Chicago guy whose name we.
Speaker 2: Have not mentioned all week, Michael Jordan.
Speaker 4: No, we've mentioned him, mention.
Speaker 2: Him a lot.
Speaker 1: Kanye West. Kanye West, Yeah, big Chicago. He is also not big on mental stability. So I don't think they're.
Speaker 2: Going to be show.
Speaker 3: May not be around, may not be around now, all right, The John co Belt Show is coming up next.
Speaker 2: We'll see you tomorrow. One more day in Chicago. Stay dry, everybody. Let's you've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 3: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app