Speaker 1: A Cast Classics. The Witness follows Joseph O'Callahan, who provided testimony that helped convict two drug dealing gangsters for murder, making him the youngest person to ever enter the Witness Protection program in Ireland. Now he tells his extraordinary life story for the first time.
Speaker 2: Tell him to stand up now and get in the witness box and give evidence as I didn't do it, so that's why I'm standing here.
Speaker 1: Find out more about The Witness and other A cast classics at acast dot com. Forward Slash Classics.
Speaker 3: Warning, Where Did the Road Go? May cause the edges of reality to become fuzzy. This month's Where Did the Road Go? Is sponsored by the following awesome individuals, Greg Ross, Allison Cook, Super Inframan, thirty six Dingo, Yvonne Williams and Michael Frisque. Thank you so much for helping make this show possible.
Speaker 4: Transmissions Dive Welcome to Where Did the Road Go? Join us as we wander off the path and explore a lost history, consciousness, the paranormal, unexplained, mysteries, alternative thought, and much more. We are present on the web at Where Did the Road Go dot com. Now Here is your host Soriah.
Speaker 3: Welcome to this edition of Where Did the Road Go? And Uh, tonight, I have a stranger emerging from the midst missed, not mist missed.
Speaker 5: A familiar stranger.
Speaker 3: It is it is, it seems to me Timothy Renner.
Speaker 5: I'm happy to be back.
Speaker 3: And oh, what's this? He's He's handed me a new book. Yes, the Keystone Hagstone. Is it weird to have Keystone Hagstone together like songy fairies and other mysterious entities of Pennsylvania, which is not a place you normally think of this stuff from.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, I mean I was surprised. It's three hundred and fifty six pages. I did not think it was gonna be that. I did not think there's gonna be a cutch in size volume.
Speaker 3: And I believe and I believe Josh said that his new book's a little shorter than normal.
Speaker 5: So you guys might not singing the night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you kind of even to each other out.
Speaker 5: Well, Josh is partly responsible for this.
Speaker 3: Book, yes, yeah, the the proving Josh wrong thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Wait, look I want to be clear about it. I love Josh to death. Yeah, but yeah, he just triggered a research kind of bone in me, you know, And I was like, no, I need to research.
Speaker 3: That, and what did he say?
Speaker 5: So I think I've told the story on here where I was. I was doing some gifting in hex Hollow and I had less some alcohol and I said I would like a skull. And I'm and I found this little stand of trees that I'd never been in before. It's like ten minutes later, and I walked into this stand of trees and there's a big stone mound in this in this basically a circle of trees, and I'm walking up this mound and I start seeing little bits of hair and then I see a freshly decapitated groundhog head. So I had asked for a skull. I got a skull. It was covered in gore, which I'm not a big fan of gore. Right like that, Yeah, didn't take it led to a bunch of problems because I broke the rules, including according to folk, where I believe it led to a serious problem. In any case, When I got home that day, I happened to call Josh and I'm telling him the story. And I said, Josh, if this was in Ireland, this would have been a fairy force and He's very sternly said to me, Tim, there are no fairry forts in Pennsylvania and something about that, just like, I mean, he's the experts. I kind of went, oh, okay, But then I was like, I wonder if there are, and I started researching. Right then, I started researching, and it took me a long time, but I finally found an article where it explicitly says, we have our fairy forts and our fairy raths here in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 3: Huh, And what do you think it's just Pennsylvania. Do you think this is just like everywhere?
Speaker 5: Well, this was a particularly Irish town, right where a lot of Irish egrants came and settled. And I think people bring their folklore with them. So I think if you had a tight concentration of Irish folks in another town in some other state, likely they might have fairy fords around there too, or things. They call it fairy forth and.
Speaker 3: Explain that phrase. They bring their folklore with them.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So, and this isn't an entirely original concept. I mean, people have been talking about this folkloret for hundreds of years. But when people come, when they move in this case, in the case of this book, you know, the Europeans came to Pennsylvania and they start seeing weird things and they give them. They say, you know, it's a leprechaun. And I think some people say, I'm using lepriquon as an example, and some people think, well, they can't see leprechaun because lepricuns are in Ireland. And I think that's a very materialistic, natural world sort of way to think of it, right, because you know, in Ireland they have what the red deer, and we have white tailed deer here and you know, so you know there are different species. Well the other, as you know, isn't like that and doesn't really obey borders, country, town or otherwise. So in the introduction I talk about this. I think it's it's natural kind of for people to say, well, maybe we should use the Native American names for these, and in some cases we do. But I think it's perfectly natural for an Irish person to see a little thing running around and call it a leprechaun, because that's their cultural history. And in fact they're describing it as leprechauns look as you know, dressed as leprechauns dressed, you know, with the little hats and the little suits and stuff that they wore. So we get into, you know, the question we often get into once shows like Yours in Mind is like, would it look like a leprechaun if a Native American will stand there next to them, it's all the same thing, or with the Native Americans seed something completely different. I don't know, but it seems like people bring their folklore with them. So these German immigrants they're seeing you know, albatwitch, they're seeing you know, the dragons and cobalds, and the people from Whales are talking about Tommy Knight in the mines and et cetera, et cetera. So you know, the folk whor travels with people, and I don't think you can avoid that.
Speaker 3: So this is something that Danielle brought up on last week's show. It's kind of interesting and I knew this, but it never really clicked. The Appalachian Mountains and modern Ireland were once part of the same structure.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I think there's even an appalation trail in Scotland.
Speaker 3: Really yeah, Okay, So I mean it's kind of like, okay, so if this stuff is tied to the land somehow, did it just evolve differently, and Ireland in.
Speaker 5: Here, I mean it could have I think that falls into a trap of thinking of it like animals. And I really think this is tied to people in some way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sure it is. It's just a fun thing to play with.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, and certainly people tend to move to places that look like home. You know, the platin it is where most of the Pennsylvania Germans, the Pennsylvania Dutch came from. And there's in your county here, there's literally a place we call the Cador's Palatinate because yeah, they to it looks much like the platinum you know in Germany where all these people came from.
Speaker 3: And yeah, so when you were saying, you know, when if someone from a Native American tribes standing ne someone from Ireland, are they going to see the same creature? That's that's I don't know what they would see if they were standing next to each other, like separately. I think they would see different things, But would it have to reach some kind of consensus if they were together. I mean, people do describe things differently when they when they have encounters sometimes, Yeah, I mean, and we.
Speaker 5: Go back to my favorite Bigfoot encounter of Gage who was on Strange Familiars, who saw the white creature, and then his friend saw the black creature, and the third friends saw nothing at all, which I think is probably the perfect bigfoot sit.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, but in that case, though they're both bigfoot, it was just a color that was.
Speaker 5: Different, true, true. And I have a sighting with John at Site seven where we both saw it light it was the size was different.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah. And to me that's always like is it partially the brain interpreting and is it is it also like extra information?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 5: I mean with the thing that John and I saw, I even wondered is it the angle because I was like to the side to him or something. Is it literally just the angle I'm looking at it? It is enough to change it? I don't know.
Speaker 3: And we've talked about how Jeff Ritzman had a few experiences where you know, like he literally saw uf over a park and his wife was standing right next up and didn't see it, and he pulled her to where he was standing and she's like, oh my god, there it is.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Well, there's an old sort of folkloric device in Ireland where if one person can see something and another can't. You know. It's like usually regarding the fae, you're supposed to the person who can't see it is supposed to stand next to the person slightly behind them who can see it, put their hand on their shoulder, put their wrapped their leg around and kind of put it in between their two legs, and then they're supposed to be able to see.
Speaker 3: Hmm. That's interesting. Yeah, yeah, because is that position or is that sharing energy?
Speaker 5: Right? Because they're touching as you know, like some people have said, yeah, just put your hand on their shoulder and looked though. Yeah, I don't know, all right. It's something I definitely am going to try in the future though, because there's been times where you know, I've been out with chat or whoever and like, oh I see something and I don't or vice versa.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, all right, Tim, So tell us what the other is. I know, after reading this book you have pretty much solved this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, you know, we solve this all the time when you're.
Speaker 3: So in mine every week.
Speaker 5: Just a blanket word for these variety of things that we talk about so often that I have come to believe are all connected somehow how, I don't know. I don't know if they're all the same thing or if they're just connected. They certainly all act the same or similarly, So it's just a blanket name. So I'll just call it all the other and then sort it out later.
Speaker 3: Do you think they act the same though, because I mean, some of these things come across as malicious, others don't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they act in as much as it's as like Brother Richard says that they're coming through in the same channels. Like, for instance, there's always smell. There's smells with Mari and apparitions. There smells with Bigfoot. On's a bad smell, wants a good stuff, you know what I mean. Yeah, it's they're very similar in that, you know a lot of these things climb up on roofs. You know that there's just acting. This is a weird detail. It's a very strange detail. But you know you find it again again with Bigfoot and with some of these other trolls and things from from the old world that you know, they'll just note that it will climb up on your roof. Okay, that's a very strange detail.
Speaker 3: And Brother Richard writes the introduction to.
Speaker 5: This Indeed, he doesn't I keep forgetting to mention that, so thank you for bringing it up. Yes, he wrote an awesome introduction.
Speaker 3: Yes he did.
Speaker 5: Or forward brother?
Speaker 3: Yeah right right, So, so as you break this down, so you're looking for the fae in Pennsylvania, what do you define his faye? And what don't you define his faye?
Speaker 5: That's the key, that's the hard part.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So you know fairies and lebricauns and banjies, that's easy, right, So what else? And I sort of expanded it to it's it's more of what I didn't include, right, So I didn't include single ghosts that that seem to be sort of your normal GHOT story. And I even say in there, at some point I might write a book that challenges the idea that ghosts or the souls of dead people good and ghosts are tied. Did the fae anyway? So I really could have, But you know there's a million ghost stories. I had to draw a line somewhere, right, So I don't have bigfoot because I've already talked about bigfoot in Pennsylvania. I didn't do wear wolves because I have a book coming on were wolves in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 3: Is it just were wolves?
Speaker 5: Were wolves? Spook wolves, which is a ghost of a wolf or a ghost of a were wolf. We have those in Pennsylvania and sort of related things. Okay, And I didn't do like sort of alien ufo stuff just because you know, again, there's so much of it. You know, the book's big enough. Otherwise it's you know, I kind of used the rule of the old rule regarding pornography, like, I know when I see it there are groups of ghosts, like like armies of ghosts and gatherings of ghosts in there, because that feels like, you know, when people go out and they see a troop of fairies, often they'll say like, yeah, there was a troop of fairies and my dead relatives were with them, you know, so it kind of felt like that. So I have group of ghosts in there, but no like single ghost kind of thing.
Speaker 3: Okay, well let's get let's let's get into some of the substance here. One of the I mean, you get into one of my favorite subjects pretty early on, which is lights. Yeah, and Barb Barbara Fish is working on a whole book of lights.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I don't envy. They're difficult to write about it, really, I mean they are. I wrote the lights chapter in the Prince end, and it's you know, what do you say? They're everywhere with regards of stuff, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it seems like they may be the core, basic emanation of the stuff.
Speaker 5: I've you know, I think I've stolen that idea from you, and I've gone with it more and more lately myself. I feel like they're just it might just be the primal form of or the the basic form of all this.
Speaker 3: Stuff before it resolves into something.
Speaker 5: Else you or gets skinned with whatever we see it, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I mean that could also be plasma, you know, to some degree. Yeah, because I'm always fascinated by the willow wisps stories.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, there's and there's a ton in here. There's a whole chapter in the back, but I couldn't resist. The first chapter is on this town called Archibald, which is that town full virus people I was speaking of, and which has a very very kind of deep traditional what they would call fairy faith. They talk about like there's a fairy midwife story where the the so fairies often see human midwives. It says that fairies. The legend is that fairies don't reproduce well, right, so they will come to a human midwife because we're so experienced at like, we're very good at this. So there's these fairy midwife stories all over Ireland where like the midwife will be taken and she'll say or do something and then something horrible happens. In this case, she gets taken to the fairies and she's, you know, helping deliver this baby from the faith and she goes, oh, this place is beautiful. I can't wait to tell everybody, and this old, like this crookedy old fairy woman says, oh, no, you won't, and she takes her cane and she pokes her eyes out, blinds her, you know. So that's a very kind of traditional fairy midwife story. There's stories of Leprakainns and banshees around the town of pukas the puka in this town. It's very interesting because this is in northern Pennsylvania where they would have had elk So the puka takes the form of a of a man with an elk head and elk corns, which is pretty neat variant one, you know, like sort of a Pennsylvania puka. As I say so, but this town has all this light lore. But then there's a second article that just talks about these ghostly lights they see in the town. So that's that's in the first chapter. And then at the end of the book there's a whole chapter on lights as well.
Speaker 3: Okay I did, I didn't get all the way to the end, so I didn't get the whole chapter on lights. Yeah, yeah, all right. They were saying, you just what was the thing you said right before the chapter.
Speaker 5: On lights about the town in arts Ball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or the yeah, well there was something about was it a whole town full lights?
Speaker 5: Well they said they would see lights around this town, the same town that they're talking about, but they have all this fairy lore see these lights, you know, it's just the article says, have you ever heard of the moving lights of the Lachawana Valley. They present an interesting phase of a phenomenon which has exerted a strange influence over the minds of many persons in the mining hamlets of northeast eastern Pennsylvania, and particularly in and about the village of Archbald, which stands a little to the north and midway between Scranton and Carbondale. The mention of lights to any resident of Archbald is sufficient to convey the significant meaning which usually attaches in that neighborhood to the mysterious midnight glimmerings that are frequently seen hovering over the shallow river that runs through the town, drifting along the mountain side, or floating over the top of houses.
Speaker 3: And again that goes into that like earth light type of thing. Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and tons of mines around there too, So you get into the digging into the ground thing that I always talk about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's talk about that because that's interesting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I probably that should probably be the next book I write, but it's not. I got another one in between there that I'm doing. But yeah, it's I call it buried treasure theory just as a shorthand, and it to kind of go back to all the stories of ghosts guarding buried treasures and so forth. I started asking, So one of the questions I ask if people call me out like they got a big foot sighting or something, and one of the questions I ask is where's what's buried around what's underground? And I will often get, oh, there's a story of like lost treasure or or a lost silver mine, somewhere around here, or there's a you know, a quarry right down the road. You know, there's there's very often there's something, you know, and even like I've even come to the point where I wonder if i mean, what are cemeteries but a bunch of holes? People, don't, you know? And and so much of the stuff is like disturbing the ground all the A lot of these stories take place around mines, you know, so many of the Bigfoot stories they say they, oh they ran into an old caver, into an old mine. You know, it's just it's over and over again. I feel like there's something about disturbing the ground. If you talk about Skinwalker Ranch, when they took over the first family took it over, they were worn, don't dig. Yeah, okay, you know it's something about disturbing the earth. I think that that may have, you know, something to do with what it is. I have to work that out or probably never will.
Speaker 3: But yeah, well that's the thing. What it is is what interests me, like, yeah, why would that matter? Like it would matter if something was living there and you were intruding on a tone. But that doesn't seem to be the.
Speaker 5: Case, right right. The stories of these these women in black things that are popping up all around scrant which is a whole chapter in the book around coal country up there. Some of these stories. You know, you could replace women in Black spirit with Bigfoot and it would you could pop it in my Pennsylvania big Foot books. Literally people are chasing after this thing. They run it into a mine and they go in with lanterns and there's nothing in there, right right, you know? Does that? I mean literally just replace it with Bigfoot. It's a one to one kind of thing.
Speaker 3: And initially when I started reading that chapter, I was thinking of like, are these kind of grim reaper type of things? But they're they're very distinctly feminine.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, So these started in the late eighteen hundreds. They actually start the earliest I can find. It actually starts in New York. There's a woman in black scene two times in York, and then it seems like it really pops up around the coal region and they're described variously. Sometimes they're described as kind of like just hooded, cloaked women in black, and sometimes they're described as like sort of wearing Victorian morning stuff like so bales and you know, fancier kind of black dresses, and some of the articles were definitely like so it's kind of like spring Hill Jack, right, So you have this phenomenon and then you people start using the phenomenon to rob people, you know, they dress up a spring Hill Jack to do you know, blessed women or do whatever nefarious deeds they're doing. The same thing happened with this. So these women in black sightings start happening, and then men start putting black dresses on and you know, mugging people and doing all the right I didn't include those articles. The articles I included are talk about things like the cave or they saw this woman in black walk over the surface of a pond and then descend into the pond, like like literally walk on water and then sink down into the pond. You know, things that definitely couldn't be people. So I think there was something happening just like spring Hill Jack. It was very much like spring Hill Jack. Sometimes they chase these women in black on horseback and not be able to catch them, you know, like their own foot, or they'd run after them and the woman would be walking and no matter how fast they run it, you'd always stay ahead. This woman in black always ahead, So it's very much like the spring Hill Jack stuff in that form. But yeah, it so it seems like and it would pop up all over like this gets too much to be one person playing a hoax. Right, all these towns are northeastern Pennsylvania there, so what is it? You know, well, there's mining going on there. First of all, it's it's post Civil war. There's a lot of dead you know, a lot of people didn't come back from the war, so there's going to be a lot of women in mourning anyway. And then mining is a very dangerous thing. So is this sort of like a version of the Banshee, like some people took it that way. This thing, this thing appears and someone's going to die or it's an import and of doom, you know, I don't know, but it's very interesting that it appears in black. So the Banshi traditionally mostly you were usually were white, so you know, the bans She didn't usually appear in black. So this spirit is you know, kind of different in that way. But it's interesting the time period it appears, right, So it's in this morning guard right when when women are wearing morning guarb, Like it's this it's this thing and it's so you know, is it a reflection of just how dangerous those minds were and how many people were dying, both in the war and in the mind You know. I don't know, but it feels like there's something there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I didn't want to I did want to bring up bansheese. Banshees are one of those things. I almost wonder if it's retrocausal. Yeah, you know, like a tragedy is going to happen, that information gets sent backwards in time, the person manifests it based on their cultural belief and presents a banshee or a whaling and it's like, oh no, someone's gonna die. It's a bad omen But in reality it's it's it's already happened in the in the future, and this is trying to tell you about it, but it can't communicate one to one mm.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I mean it kind of feels that way for sure. And it they tend to haunt specific families, Yeah, like that. Some families will have banshees that kind of stay with them and whenever they see them, yeah.
Speaker 3: They're there, And that would that would make sense for two reasons. That one. Uh, you know, any kind of psychic ability or something that might be able to create something like that would likely run in families. And then you have the place card as well, that also is in the family's tradition.
Speaker 5: M right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: How much does suggestion and collective unconscious and all that play into this? Yeah, yeah, I have a you want me to read one of the banshi yeaheah. So this is from Luzerne County in nineteen oh five, which is near wilkes Bury, so still up in that cold region. Say they heard cry of banshee. Georgetown people therefore very badly worried, superstitious fear of the sound. Old legends say Banshee's whale is the precursor of death in the family. Greatly excited at the residents of Georgetown, and it is impossible to get the women and little boys and girls out of the house after dark. For the allegation has been made, and it has been given credence in certain circles, that there is a banshee in the neighborhood who chance of mournful ditty under the windows of the houses. This has taken as sure means of some favorite member of the family passing to his or her reward, and the crying banshee, it is claimed, has been distinctly heard in certain parts of the town and as a result people are more or less frightened. This is the first time that one of these fairy creatures has ever been heard in this country. Not exactly true, but old newspapers, though the peasantry of Ireland and Scotland declare with great positiveness that such a being exists in their respective countries. So again, up in the northern part there are a lot of Irish miners up there, you know, did they bring this with them?
Speaker 3: Right right? Yeah, that's and there's poultergeist stuff there too with the I mean, that's that's why I think the retro causal thing might be the case sometimes, because they're basically poultergeist right. I suppose you know, they're they're shrieking, they're making vocalization, so on and so forth. It's poultrgeist activity. So if you're if you're getting this unconscious sigh activity, it's going to create a poltergeist. And that's being caused by something that's coming that was traumatic enough that it sent that information back in time.
Speaker 5: Sure, and I think most it's much rare that the Evanshi has seen. In most cases, it's only her, right, right, Yeah, so that that would kind of check that box, I think even more.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's hard to think about that way, but it's like because I mean, we think of everything going sequentially, but apparently side doesn't always work that way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, you know, I've said it. I don't know how many times. I wonder if we don't order time linearly so we don't feel insane in a sense, Well, yeah.
Speaker 3: I'd like it would be like reading a book out of order.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not gonna make any sense at all. We'll just be like, what's happening now?
Speaker 5: Right? Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah. So there was a comment in here, and I forget which chapter it came from about dreams in the paranormal I think it was. Was it the Banshee chapter you mentioned it?
Speaker 5: Oh, I think so? Yeah, Yeah, it was in my commentary on one of the Banshee articles.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think it was that you didn't dismiss dreams as not being paranormal.
Speaker 5: Right because a person had dreamed about a BANDI or something like that, and uh yeah, my commentary was was, yeah, pretty much yeah, I'm not dismissing that. I think I would have probably some years ago, but now now it's uh, it counts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean, and that's that was another thing that Josh did turn around on is at one point he said he didn't think there was anything to dreams and he didn't care about people's dreams, and now he's like, yeah, I was wrong.
Speaker 5: M yeah, yeah, I mean, I think I've said this before, I know, but I think of the two of us, me and Josh, if you would have asked me which one of us was going to write a paranormal book about death, I would have said, well, that'll be me, and which one is good, Like if I do sort of my paranormal theory of everything, like like his books on death, it's probably going to be about dreams. Yeah. I would have thought the opposite would have been I'd write the book on death and Josh would write the book on dreams. But over time, I've gotten more and more interested in the way dreams sort of manifest with this stuff, and particularly all the stories I get from witnesses who were like, yeah, I woke up and I saw this horrifying thing in my room, and I just want to write back to sleep. Yes, yeah, there's something to that. You shouldn't have gone right back. And it happened to me too, my little thing with the grace. I couldn't stay awake. I was trying to stay awake, kept going down. So yeah, like there's something to it, and yeah, I want to kind of plumb those depths if I can.
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, dreams are more than one thing, and I think our society is kind of just limited it down where it's like, oh, dreams are just nonsense, right, Like yeah, sometimes dreams are just nonsense. I mean you have oh what's his name, he's the guy who talks about the wrote time loops, Eric Wargo, who literally said to me, I think every dream is just a dream of the future. And I'm like, yeah, I don't. I don't think so, Like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean some are very obviously processing things, you know, processing our day. Yeah you know, yeah, some are very obviously that So yeah, they're like the big dream little dream thing is is very true, I think.
Speaker 3: You know, and there's some subconscious dumps where it's like, oh yeah, that was that was a stress dream, okay, you know, or it's stuff or it's something communicating with you, or you're out of body or you know, like who knows, because we can't even like it's hard to even catalog all this stuff, right, just like sleep paralysis, what sleep pross is is it? Is it what scientists say, Oh, it's just your waking mind or your your mind wakes up but is still dreaming and your body has it woken up yet? Yeah? Maybe, But also there's cases of sleep prousses that are really strange.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, I mean I I think sleep proalysis is a flare for that goes off for the other and they say, oh there's there's that I can I can mess with that person, or I can interact with that person, or you know, they're in that state. So yeah, I think there's a physical reason for sleep proalysis. But I think also sometimes these things take notice and like, okay, I can I can have interchange with this person?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, And maybe because we're paralyzed, it comes across as scary. M h, Well that's saying we'll get to in a minute. Let's let's talk about leprechauns.
Speaker 5: Sure, yeah, I that was So I'm doing a book on fairies and I have to look for all the stuff, right, Yeah, I gotta look were the leprechauns. I got to look for the goblins, and I turned up leprecaun reports. I had had one from York County. Here in Delta, there's a place called Maconkie Mansion, which they tore down, interestingly enough to build the Peach Bottom Nuclear power Plant. So there's a nuclear power plant sort of on on the old grounds of the Mconkie Mansion are very near. But it was a haunted mansion, and they described it as just this weird place where horses would stop on the property. It would only go so far. It was a fairy ring on the property, they said. They literally called it a fairy ring. I wasn't a mushroom ring. This was a I think it was a circle of grass that was greener than the other grass there. They said that weird lights would come out of the house, float down the wall and drift out over the Susquehanna River. And they said there's a leprecun there. But that's of all the details in the article. They just said, oh yeah, and there's a leperdon no more information. So I knew I had one leper Kahn. I was familiar with that story with local and I did a little bit more digging, and yeah, I found several people talking about Leprigun and they're describing it as you know, were little suits, little guys with like, you know, red hair, describing what we would call Eprica.
Speaker 3: That's I mean, I shouldn't be surprised, I mean, because the cultural thing comes from the original you know, fairy tales.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, there's a great story from It's from the nineteen twenties. It was a girl living in Pittsburgh and she was cleaning her room and just this little man in a green suit appears on the opposite side of her room and she had moved her bed for cleaning. Oh yeah, yeah, he moved it back to the original position, and the leprechaun pushes it back to the new position, and she moved it again. And they repeat this several times to the point where she gives up and just leaves the bed in a new position. And she tells her family about it, I think, and they're, you know, they're like, okay, you saw a little man. They didn't think anything of it. But her father sees a rearranged room and he says, why why'd you move the bed. She tells him the story, and her father dismisses it as nonsense, but he allows her to keep the bed in his new position. That night, the ceiling collapses and it lands where her bed originally was. So it's just, you know, it's really neat story. Yeah, you know, this this sort of thing popping up and helping.
Speaker 3: I had taken a clip of a one of these things in here. Now I can't find where it was from the the but the part I clipped out of it said the little imp suddenly vanished in a cloud of smoke. A piece of paper was afterward picked up at the very spot of the strange occurrence, which, upon an examination, was found to be printed in a foreign and unmeaning characters. Yes, the scrap admitted a strong sulfurous smell.
Speaker 5: That was in York. That's okay what they call the Clark Allley Imp.
Speaker 3: Is there more?
Speaker 5: There's more to that, though, right or not that I could find? I mean, okay, So people were seeing things in Clark Gallley. They said it was haunted, but they didn't really describe what else. He said. People were out looking for ghosts, but this this Clark Allley imp, as they called it appears, you know, and so that's it disappears at least's paper. I'm I mean, that's so local. I'm like, where is this paper? I want to see it. Yeah, I know it's in the eighteen hundreds.
Speaker 3: But and of course it's probably doesn't exist. And then the other thing is it's sounds like an apport, sure, which means it may not have stuck around very long too, especially with the strong sulfurous smell, which might mean it's immediately decaying. So when I had Steve mihra On, he had some really interesting things to say about their research on apports, and he thinks that they, well, he calls them quantum anchors. I immediately rebel against the term quantum being used on everything, right, But what he thinks, like from his experiments, he's found that when they have apported things, they are not the same things that have disappeared. If something has disappeared and come back, they seem to be duplicates. They look exactly the same, but molecularly they're put together different. He's been able to study that in the lab. He said, if they take the apport and move it to it they have another location, they'll put it in the activity will follow the apport.
Speaker 5: Very interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then it will go back to where it was, like it figures out it's not the right place and goes back to the original location. And the weirdest part of this, he told, was a woman had a little urn for her budgy that passed that she had cremated, and it disappeared and then it reappeared, and so she put it back on the mantle or whatever. And then they were doing construction work and they opened one of the walls and there was the urn.
Speaker 5: Its so crazy.
Speaker 3: He's like, this is not something that would have just act, you know, like people will have tons of urns for budgies, you know what I mean. It was a very specific item. So he thinks they replaced they they moved the original urn into the wall and replaced it with a different urn that looked exactly the same to use as an anchor.
Speaker 5: I had someone on my podcast, and I can't remember the whole story, but they had lost a charging cable for I think for an iPhone. But they said it was a very specific kind of charging cable. Wasn't a common one. You It wasn't when you could just pick up anywhere and it just disappeared, and they were sure it was in their car or something. Wherever it was. They were sure of it, and all of a sudden it appears somewhere completely odd right somewhere.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: Again I get the details, but they have this like like oh okay, like how this get here? But then later another one just like it appears. So one of them is the original and one of them is the aport maybe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, huh so yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: There's some ideas that some of the it's come up in some of the stuff with like Catholic relics and stuff that they're kind of like exact copies like some of these things that apport and come back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I know, I forget what his name was that I had on talking about how that it would consciously be able to apport stuff. They would create apports, but they just start disintegrating as soon as they appeared. Wow, so they wouldn't be around very long. Which again, I mean that sulfur smell, as Josh said in his book, is decay. It's not necessarily evil, it's just the smell of something decaying. Right, So that piece of paper may have just turned to nothing.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's you know, one of the thoughts about Bigfoot, you know, why they're not physical all the time or very long. Yeah, yeah, they have. They have that smell that follows them around. Are they came from the minute they manifest and they're just not here very long and then they're gone.
Speaker 3: You know. You know, certain certain areas, flap areas may have a certain energy to them that they can this thing can feed off of and temporarily manifest and then things change. And because it could be something coming from the sun, it could be something from coming way out in space. Yeah, you know that we're not even something we can't even measure because we don't know it's there yet. And it's hitting certain areas of the Earth and activating something that's giving this stuff energy to work with.
Speaker 5: Fascinating, which is also really you know like earthlkes. Yeah, and again that's I'm not a skinwalker ranch expert, but you know, I know some of the stories. But one of the stories is that wolf thing that appeared and they shot it and they said that they blew a piece of flesh off of it and it immediately started riding away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep, that is that is in the book.
Speaker 1: A Cast Classics. The Witness follows Joseph O'Callaghan, who provided testimony that have convict two drug dealing gangsters for murder, making him the youngest person to ever enter the Witness Protection program in Ireland. Now he tells his extraordinary life story for the first time.
Speaker 2: Tell him to stand up now and get in the witness box and give out. So I didn't do it, So that's why I'm standing here.
Speaker 1: Find out more about The Witness and other a Cast Classics at a cast dot com Forward Slash Classics.
Speaker 3: I mean, the problem with Skinwalker Ranches has now become so commercialized and stuff has come out that they were experimenting on some of the researchers and stuff, and it's kind of like great, so this is also ruined, you know. Yeah, it's like we don't know which stories are the ones that are actually valuable. It's still fascinating. I mean, it's a great book, but yeah, there's that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was going somewhere and I forgot where it was. Okay, let's uh so one of the other things you note is that furnaces tend to have a lot of haunted activity around them. Oh yeah, Now, you mentioned. Of course there's going to be a lot of iron in the ground that has just fallen from you know, the furnaces as they're smelting it and stuff like that. But what isn't iron? What this stuff doesn't.
Speaker 5: Like supposedly cold iron. So cold iron is manipulated. So once it's forged into something, right, so it's not just like raw iron, but cold iron. Right, So when it's forged into scissors or a knife or you know, a pan or something like that, that would be cold iron. Iron ore is everywhere in the ground. So if these things live in the grounds they're supposed to do, or at least come from the ground, that would be pretty problematic for them. So it's it's cold iron. So is this bit of iron that has been sort of melted, you know, and the slag and stuff remains, Does that count as cold iron? I don't know. I don't know if it has to be forged or something. But or is it the I think I speculated my first book. Is it the idea that like it's a place where a bunch of iron was made, like so much iron was made and they're just not making it there anymore. So are least things sort of drawn to the absence of what was there before.
Speaker 3: That's okay, why would cold iron, Well, I don't know why it would make a difference.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know. I think you know, there's a lot of mythology around blacksmiths. You know, they were kind of seen as sort of magicians and such. So is it a matter of like it's been worked by the hands of the blacksmith and that that gets it some kind of power. I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean you also point out there there's some really terrifying stories about the working conditions and stuff.
Speaker 5: Oh they're horrible, absolutely horrible. I mean, they kept those furnaces burning day and night, so you know, this would have been a job that where they had workers there day and night. There was a law in Pennsylvania that you couldn't have alcohol within I think it was two miles of one of these iron furnaces. That's how dangerous they were. They didn't want people selling alcohol anywhere near them. And that's why, you know, every story I hear about a furnace is like the furnace master with like, you know, they're basically bastards, you know, it's just real, mean dudes. But I wondered, like, do they have to be hard men to keep people in line? You know, it's like it's very dangerous work, very very dangerous work. Do they have to be like real hard with people or you know, people were going to die? You know, they were horrible places, like for miles around just all the vegetation died just because they were constantly spewing out smoke and stuff. So it would have looked like Cador's furnace. I think I have taken you there. Yeah, yeah, it wouldn't have looked anything like that when it was operating. You know, every all the trees around there, everything would have been dead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's pretty awful. Yeah, and of course that could also be you know, why is there activity here because there is a memory of those those strong emotions.
Speaker 5: Sure, and there again, usually they put furnaces places where iron was. You know, they didn't have to take iron too far, so people were digging in the ground again, they're digging in the ground for iron.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're digging in the ground. Thing. I really want to explore more because I it's one of those things where I'm like I don't even know, like why would that matter.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Again, it's maybe the other hand I can put together at this point is like disturbing the earth at some point. Maybe there's earth energy that's wrapped up in all this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Keel would talk. I'm sure other people have too, about like hearing a machinery underground.
Speaker 5: Right, sure, there's a great So. I turned up an article in my West Coast Wildman book that everyone loved because it was sort of the Bigfoot captures the kid and takes him to fairyland.
Speaker 3: Right right, Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: I turned up I think this article it's a little bit long, but I'll start it at the point where the action is. I think this article is every bit as important as that one. This is from eighteen seventy three, as from takes place in Burke's County, Pennsylvania. So let me see here, find the right place to start here. Okay. It seemed an important matter to mister Miller, who emptied his mouth of a large quatomesticated tobacco. He said, last Tuesday, missus Daniel White, her daughter Susan White, and Mary Hart's three in number went down to the Huckleberry Striple Miller's farm for the purpose of gathering berries. They were there but a short time when they were startled by stones and clubs being thrown in the bushes. It was no person to be seen. After the first throwing, everything was quiet. The women folks then heard strange screeching and unearthly noises resemble the hum of a steam engine. They were frightened almost to death, and stood riveted on the spot, white with fear and trembling. Then of a sudden the air scene filled with light and transparent shadows that flitted about under the trees and above the heads of the frightened females. Then came slaps, quick and sharp, and the young ladies frequently received smacks on the sides of their faces, while missus White received a hard blow in the back with a large piece of park The folks could not run, but they were obliged to stand still and take it. They were with the spirits for nearly an hour before they could get out of the woods and hurry on towards home. They came back terribly alarmed and frightened. Miss White was considerably bruised about the sides, she having been struck several times. I inquired whether the woman had so stated the case yes, yes, answered several men in the barroom. This comes directly from missus White would not tell a lie for the world. A friend of miss Hart said, I know Missharts very well. She's a very sensible young lady. She returned from the burying party very much frightened. She did not receive any injuries, but she saw spirits running about through the bushes, screaming and making other unearthly noises. What did she say the spirit resembled, I inquired, the young man continued. She says, to the object she saw had human faces, white flowing gowns, and more long hair. They were comparatively small and very indistinct, so much so that she could not make out who they resembled. Certain she was, however, that they were spirits of human people. One kissed her on her left hand, which still bears the mark. It is red and has a dark streak on the outside of it. So that has so much in that little section. And they go back again. The men go back, they have more happens, They get stuff thrown at him again, and then the reporter goes back and I don't think is as intense for him, but he's like, yeah, this is a very strange area. You know, he comes to this conclusion a very long article. But just in that article, you have stones being thrown, you have the you have the steam engine sound or the humming right that we were talking about. They're locked in place so that it is kind of like a fairy ring right there. They're getting they see these spirits. And when she gets kissed on a hand and it leaves a mark, I mean that's like, what does that sound like? You know it could be an implant?
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, I thought about that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I mean the whole thing isn't like that's such a deep article. And again this is eighteen When I say eighteen seventy three, Like with the Bigfoot things, these people wring these articles like we can look like. Look, I always say I could write the perfect Bigfoot encounter report. I know what to include, I know all the details to include, because I've been exposed to so much. I've heard so many encounter stories from people on my podcast on sasquss Chronicles, you know, talking to people in real life. I could write a convincing Bigfoot encounter, just make it up. Back in eighteen seventy three, these guys didn't have access to what we have, right, right, They wouldn't know to put all these details in this account, the detail of the humming, the details you know, of things being thrown of the berry picking. That's a big thing, you know, all of these details in this one article. I'm like, whoa, this is like something's here, Like this guy did not whoever wrote this, they didn't have access to all this information that we have. He put it all in there, you know, it's all there.
Speaker 3: So, but there's there's like three parts to that, right, Uh yeah, do you want to read the other?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah, I can. I can because there's.
Speaker 3: A lot there. It's really interesting.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So the landlord of this laid away his pipe and with much consciousness of importance, nodded his head and remarked, it's the queerest case I ever heard of. And I know these people too well to think that they would try to humbug anybody. Missus White is an honest and respectable woman, and her eyes are open, and when she tells of such a thing, you can rely on it. Missus White's husband owns the haunted Huckleberry Patch. He was a witness to the throwing of missiles. He is positively certain that no human hands did the throwing. The Constable at last said, it's a good thing that you city people are never bothered with these strange affairs. I asked him whether an investigation of the matter had been made, and he replied that there had. This was his story, the Constable's story. The following day, after the women had been so terribly frightened by the visitation, fourteen people were appointed to make an investigation. They were J. M. White, Elias Sable, Samuel Ziegler, Samuel Schweitzer, John Marx, Henry Greeves, Daniel Waite, Abraham Miller, James Shaeffer, Priscilla Markx, Catherine Good, Missus Daniel Waite, Susan White, and Mary Hart's. The women folks were not afraid when the men went with them. I, as Constable of the township, led the party. We marched in a body down to the patch and stopped just before going in to examine the points around the haunted place. The spot is a very lonely one, and very few people go there and lets it's together berries. When we got ready, we took hold of hands and formed a circle around the spot where the women saw the spirits. Four of the women were then in the circle. Before I knew what it was about, I was struck about the face on the cheeks, and my hat was knocked off. The missiles came from a heavy clump of bushes, and we could see them plainly shoot up and over towards where we were standing. Four of us men made a dashed through the bushes, but when we arrived it was nothing to be found. As soon as we got to the place where the stuff was first thrown from stones and sticks came from another direction, and to save our lives, we could not see who it was that was doing it. By this time, the females became terribly alarmed, and when a singular humming noise was heard, there it is again, and a strange smell pervaded the atmosphere. There's the smell. They almost fainted away, their hearts beating and thumping fearfully. My wife was in my arms, which explains my last remark. We could discover no traces of the invisible hands that threw the stones, but saw them come where they came from. But that was all. The constable's story was corroborated by the remainder of those present, But the hour hand had swung around, and the old clock in the corner had struck eleven. The rain was comparatively over, and the men pulled down their slop chats, buttoned up their coats, and sallied out into the darkness for home. I turned to the landlord and inquired whether he really believed these men, young man. He replied, they are the earnest in every word they say. Depend upon it what the women say. The next morning I talked with missus Daniel White on the subject. She corroborated all that I heard, and stated that her back was yet painful from the effects of a blow she had received. Miss Hearts, upon whom I called, was positive that she had seen spirits. Why, she continued, there were so many of them that I really imagined that the very air was full of them. But she was excused from further conversation, as she stated it was extremely distasteful to her. She seemed to tremble as she described the appearance of one of the alleged spirits. Miss Hearts, by the way, is a very preposive, prepossessing young lady, and I ventured to remark that it was no wonder the spirits were attracted to her This did not even cause her to smile. I then visited the haunted Huckleberry Ground. It is situated on the right of the road on a gen declivity. There are some undergrowth, large trees, and thick clumps of bushes. When I arrived at Jolly old Crow flapped his black pinions and cawed as he flew over the mist toward the hills beyond, taking down the bars. I jogged along through some bottom land and entered the supposed spirit and ferry circle. All about lay sticks and stones, and the berry bushes were tramped down in many places. Upon a twig on a calico shred that had been torn from the apron of one of the frightened females, while nearby lea garter that had been dropped in their hurrying flight. The rain soon came down, and I was obliged to turn back toward the hotel. When I reported my visit to the landlord, he remarked, can't help it. Those people are sensible people and know and know what they talk about. All they were there also and saw just exactly what they were told they did. I believe they saw spirits, and I would go not go near that place at midnight for the best horse in the country. So that's that's yeah, that's the rest of the article. So it's a keeper, I mean that is a It was gold when I found that one.
Speaker 3: Yes, no, absolutely. And again if people don't understand the wilderness poltergeist thing, you and you put it in a house and the immediate response is going to be this is ghosts, right, then it's fairies.
Speaker 5: Now it would be Bigfoot exactly exactly. I'm going to find an old map and I'm going to try to find where this place is, and if it's still wooded, I am absolutely going to try to visit it.
Speaker 3: Oh that would be cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm going to I'm going to try to locate where it is because it gives some details there that I should be able to find it, if you know, if I can, if I can find an old map where a lot of the old maps have people's names on them, so it says the owner of the property there, So I should be able to find it in an old map hopefully, hopefully.
Speaker 3: Okay, when you're researching these, are you getting them from libraries or are you doing it mostly online?
Speaker 5: So nowadays, when I was doing the big Foot books, it was a good mix of everything, and even a little bit of the Hermit Book. I would be writing away to historical societies. I'd be like going all over the place to try to get different articles and stuff. But now there are so many good newspaper archives online that is mostly online research. A lot of this book was would be folk worre books too, So I just I had a ton of Pennsylvania folk wort book. I have a problem books. My books have books. I need to find find a way to cut down on them. But every time I go, like, I almost sold my King Arthur books, and then I found this story. It's in the appendix of King Arthur's grave in Pennsylvania. Now like, oh, I would have killed myself for getting rid of all my Kingoks. Right now I'm like, oh, I'm super into King Arthur now because of that story. So I'm like paranoid of getting rid of books. But I have too many. But I have so many Pennsylvania folk book Like just Alison and I are at auctions and you know, thrift shops and all over the place, and there's a folk wor Pennsylvania folk coort book and I'm getting it. So a lot of the researching here would be pooled from these old folk wore books as well.
Speaker 3: Okay, and going back to that imp that vanished the fact that it had it's had foreign and unmeaning characters on the PieP Yeah, like is that alien script? You know, like what people called alien languages and stuff?
Speaker 5: Right? I would love to see it, I mean I wish, I wish I could find it.
Speaker 3: Or even a drawing of what it looked like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: Well even if you can't find the actual think too bad. Someone didn't include with the newspaper article a little sketch of the paper.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so that article was called the Spooks Again, that's something or something else still appears to haunt West Clark Alley, and every night parties appear to be on the lookout for his ghost ship. Young and old men if they happen to return home late at night and are asked, where have you been, invariably answer hunting the spook. To those who love late hours, this Clark Galley mystery becomes very convenient, as they can easily satisfy the credulous innocence at home by relating what they have seen or heard in the haunted district. But while some use reports to excuse their own shortcomings. Not a few are actually earnestly watching for the spook. Whether the rolling double beer tap, rolling double tap beer barrel and the walking demijohn are drawing some to the faded vicinity has not transpired. And as the old saying go, that's the conundrum. So that part I don't know what necessarily know what they're talking about. I think there must have been an earlier article that I didn't find that talked about a beer barrel, and then this walking demijohn there or something. I'm not sure, but the very late developments appear this back to the article. The very latest developments appear to have intensified the excitement. One report is that a boy was seen passing through that portion of the alley peddling newspapers, and when approached by the parties, the little imp suddenly vanished in a cloud of smoke. A piece of paper was afterward picked up at the very spot of the strange occurrence, which upon examination, was found to be printed in foreign and unmeaning characters. The scrap emitted a strong sulfurous smell. And that's the end of the article. So yeah, it's very interesting.
Speaker 3: Could that have been a euphemism for like drinking, like doing something untowards it's.
Speaker 5: Possible, it's possible. The character of these newspaper articles, so that came from a York paper. They tended to report on weird stuff that paper and just kind of report as it was. Every now and then you'll get like, I don't wonder what kind of whiskey they're drinking down there, and you know, and whatever. You know, we're right, right, But for the most part they would just kind of report as it is. You kind of get the character of different papers as you do this research. Some are very dismissive and they'll make fun of everything. There's a few of the Women in Black articles are like that. They're just trying to make fun of it. They're telling what people saw, what they're goosing on it, so you can tell they're trying to and I think that was their way of expressing skepticism, right, yeah, like.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, the ridicule factor has been there forever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, exactly. So different papers have different characters, and that your paper it tended to just kind of report what people saw and not have a lot of judge. So it's hard to say on that one. It could have been. It could have been, but I tend to think somebody saw something weird and the paper just reported it.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, I think they did. But I'm wondering if that phrase there that you said, you weren't sure what that meant?
Speaker 5: Oh about about the walking Demi John and the Yeah, I see what you're saying, gotcha, the rolling double tapp bure barrel on the walking Demi John or drawing some of the faded Oh yeah, maybe that is. Maybe that is saying like people are taking the opportunity to go out drinking. Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, I didn't know. I didn't know if they were talking about some sort of you know, a walking Demi. This is like a paranormal thing that took the floor.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, actually that makes more sense what you're because.
Speaker 3: That's how I took it when I read it. But also, yeah, it's worded in a way that's not modern, so it's kind of like, yeah, what do they mean? But like that was the the vibe I got from it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I think your read is probably correct.
Speaker 3: So and then also, weird stuff happened, right, yeah, really weird and interesting stuff that I wish we had more info on.
Speaker 5: I know, I know.
Speaker 3: Okay, we got to take a quick break. We'll be back in a minute or two with mister Timothy Renner. So this is a weird mid show break here on the show because I still have Saxon and Brennan. Usually it's just me, so real quick contact in for the show and in contact info for the show. Where did the Roadgo? Dot com? Everything's there. You can become a patron for just three dollars a month. You get shows a couple of weeks early commercial free, plus extra content on top of all of that, and access to the whole archive. And yeah, only three bucks. And the social media is link. There's a link tree where you can things like the Last Eggs after the Lost and everything. And as for a recommendation, well let's start with Brennan. What would you recommend to people.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna recommend two because I cannot be contained. I am an irrepressible force of nature. I recommend as a film, Sofia The Possession for me, Sofia the Possession, okay, And it's directed by Germo Barrera Perez. It came out a couple of years ago. I saw it at the Toronto Independent Horror Film Festival a couple of days ago. It is. It's an okay film, but it asks a question that I don't think many possession films ask, which is do all ghosts deserve their revenge? I won't spoil it other than that, but check out Sofia The Possession. It's it's pretty good and for an album we were just I was just mentioning this to the guys. Six six' six The Revelation of the Apocalypse of Saint John by Aphrodite's Child came out in nineteen seventy two and it is a longtime favorite of mine. I was searching for an LP copy during the break, which is how it came up. And if you like weird kind of jazz fusion and stuff, check out sixty x' six The Apocalypse saying John, I don't think he'll be disappointed.
Speaker 3: All right, Saxon, Do you have a recommendation?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've got one and a half. Really so, I actually haven't read this yet. The books are in the mail to me. They should be here in the next couple of days. But it's called natural Born, Circus, Sideshow and the Art of Being Human. I actually learned about this from ap Strange when it was first solicited and heard some podcasts with Aaron Smith, the author. But it just does a lot of like from what I can tell from him talking about and the thing that made me want to order it was there's a lot of intimate portraits of people that were working in sideshow communities and sort of like almost like disability advocacy or something like that, where they're taking the different challenges that they have and then turning it into something that's like really incredible for themselves and daring. And so if you like anything like sideshow stuff, you know, if you get that fascination for like Cony Island and all of those things, I think.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be worth picking up.
Speaker 7: So I'm excited about it. I bought two copies with the hardback that have like the full color photos of everything.
Speaker 5: And then the reason we.
Speaker 7: Got six sixty six on the braid is I had remembered during the show there is a book called Secret Agent six six six. It is Alistair Crowley was a British intelligence.
Speaker 3: Ation, which he almost certainly was.
Speaker 7: Yeah, exactly, and so it's that's just fun, you know, for all the other things that Crowley was it's kind of worth it, like Crowley. So those are my two Crawley Crawley, Crowley, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Rhymes with holy.
Speaker 7: I've been hitting the headline.
Speaker 3: Hey me too. My recommendation is the thing I recommended to Brendon right before the show, which is Twelve Monkeys the TV series. I loved the movie, but I think I actually liked the TV series more. It was like early mid two thousands. I don't remember exactly when, but if you haven't seen it, it's worth tracking down. It was it really it took the idea and expanded on it in some really awesome ways. So there. Now we go back to the regular show. So I'm here with Timothy Renner. We are speaking about his new book, The Keystone Hagstone, Fairies and other Mysterious Entities of Pennsylvania.
Speaker 5: Should address the title?
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 5: Maybe I should address the Yeah, go ahead. So in the folkal where a hagstone is a stone with a naturally hurring hole in it, and it is said that one of the powers, well they've said to heal people and protect from which is there's different folks about them. But one of the things that supposed they can do is if you look through the hole in the hackstone, you can see fairies. So the title came to me. The Keystone, HEGs is a Pennsylvania is the Keystone state. So this is what you look through from the fairies of Pennsylvania, the Keystone.
Speaker 3: Hasta, Yeah, I know, I know. We have those up here too.
Speaker 5: Hextones. Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, they're all around. I found more in Indiana than I've ever found in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 3: Now do you think Pennsylvania has a higher ratio of weirdness than other states?
Speaker 5: I don't know. I go back and forth on that. Sometimes I think I'm here and I'm just able to dig up stuff because this is where I am, right, Yeah, it's natural for me to write about where I am sure, and I want to write about other stuff too, obviously, you know where the Foot Princent is about everywhere, and the Hermit Book was about everywhere. But for some reason I like that. I like, like, okay, what's around me? That kind of thing. Also, it gives a limit, like it's to you know, this three hundred fifty six pages. What if I expanded it across the country, what you know, it'd be a series of books, right, So it kind of limits it naturally to do that. But so yeah, I do go back and forth on that. Sometimes I think, well, now I'm here and I'm looking for strange stuff, so there's just a lot here. Other times I don't know. I mean, there is plenty around. It might come down to having a good sort of folklore recording. You know, some places just they don't have the folk wor recorder as much like there's so many Ireland has great folk wore. That's why you can just go they have a National folk wre Archive and you can just find you know, ferry encounter after fair encountercter, fairying counter right. So I think with the Pennsylvania Dutch, although the kind of folk or that people interested in the Pennsylvania doesn't usually document isn't usually like entities. It's usually things like, you know, here are the five different names for shoefly pie, and here was the way they did their bundling rituals, you know, and stuff like that. But there is some, you know, you have to look hard. There is some. But I do wonder if it's a matter of like, hey, there's just a good recording here.
Speaker 3: I want to go back to the story with the basically poultry des encounter in the woods. Sure, and you also point out the humming which we get with UFO encounters, which also gets tied to obviously fairy lore and stuff like that. Exactly was there a smell there too?
Speaker 5: Yeah, they mentioned a smell in the second.
Speaker 3: Part, okay, and then did they mention what smell it was?
Speaker 5: No, a peculiar smell, I think they said.
Speaker 3: Okay. But there's also the berry picking. And I mean I think the berry picking came in everyone's radar because of David Politis, who, of course his his info is kind of sketchy. So is it something you see a lot in bigfoot encounters? Yes, okay, yeah, and fairy fairy law as well.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, it's across the board. It's definitely a thing. And now the question is a lot of times, you know, there's a lot of people that really only go out into the woods once a year to pick berry, right right, So is it just is it coincidental in that effect? You know, is it the berries or is it the fact that you know this is you know, people pick berries in the old days, that's what they did. You know, when berries were out, people would go. It was very competitive sometimes you know people, and there's a lot of theories that these stories, some of these stories about Bigfoot or you know, wild men back at the time were made up to keep people away from the berry pad oh, because they were so competitive, you know, for people picking berries. So people did it, and they did it. A lot of people did it. So a lot of times, you know, people from the town this might be the only town the time they go out in the woods, you know, is to pick berries. So is it is it berry picking or is it the fact that they're in the wilderness for the first time, you know, in however long.
Speaker 3: And that's what I wanted to get at. Why berries?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I don't you know, look your flesh and blood people be like Bigfoot wants all the berries for himself. I mean, that's rational, I was told. So I love tea berry, which is like Hunters berry. It's it's like a winter green kind of flavor. I think it's probably my favorite wild berry. I love it and I will pick it whenever I find it, whenever the berries orright, and it's everywhere in the mountains like in the show. It's just there's no shortage of it. But someone wrote me and said you know, Bigfoot considers all tea berry to be their own. Okay, and how do you know? Yeah what Bigfoot can fight me for it?
Speaker 3: You got your staff?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean like, hey, if if it gets me to see Bigfoot, you know, like I'm ready for that sighting now. So your Bigfoot wants to fight me for some tea berry, let's let's go Bigfoot, let's have about it. He'll win, but you know.
Speaker 3: You might get a shot in exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah before we ripped my arms off.
Speaker 3: But yeah, will it be worth it?
Speaker 5: It would would?
Speaker 3: Okay. So my question here, and we briefly touched on this earlier, is why are all these encounters scary?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 5: I guess not all of them are, but there's a few like like the girl with the leprechaun in her room right right. There's a couple kind of like humorous ones where people see like funny creatures. There's there's the one the uh Protection from Apes, which is a great story that's in there. Did you did you get to that one?
Speaker 3: I don't think so? Do you want to read that one?
Speaker 5: Yeah? So this is Tyler Strand collected this story from he was at a paranormal festival in somewhere in Pennsylvania, and this woman told him this story. So it's not it's not his story. It's when he collected though. But he told it on Strange Familiar, So I feel like it's it's fair game.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 5: So. Tyler Strand as an artist and paranormalist, perhaps best known for his participation in that documentary is Hell You're in the Unbinding. During one of Tyler's appearances on Strange Familiars, he told a story that was given to him by a witness attending a big foot and UFO event in western Pennsylvania. And this is a quote from Tyler. What she told me is that her cousin, when she was little, was playing inside of her. I think she was between eight or twelve years old in that age range. She was playing in her garage alone, and on the floor of the garage there was a manhole cover for drainage, you know, a perforated manhole cover. And while she's playing, the cover starts to rattle and shake, and it slides open and outcrawls a little man, a little old man. It sounds like a gnome. The girl looks at him and they both lock eyes, and out of nowhere they just start wrestling each other and fighting. She said, my cousin, after they're rolling around tussling for five minutes, they both just sort of stop and look at each other and start laughing. This little man said, you know what, I'm going to give you the gift of protection from apes. And she said, ever since that day, my cousin has been haunted by seeing things that looked like bigfoot walking in the periphery of her yard. It gets weirder, she said, A mistool appear and they will literally form out of the mist. She said, I've had sleepovers with my cousin and I saw this firsthand. A mist appeared inside of her room, and this thing that looked like a monkey human hybrid men manifested out of the mist with glowing green eyes and hovered there before it vanished. So my commentary on that is, in that wondrous, strange way in which the other conducts itself, the gift of the noome like being would seem at first to be granting the gift of protection from any assaults of simion things. Yeah, However, as these ape like things have appeared around her home in the wake of her wrestling match with the gnome. It seems she was given instead apes as her protector. So instead of protection from apes, she was given protection from apes. So there's you know, it's kind of weird, kind of but kind of scary, but kind of funny too, Like she's wrestling with this thing and they both start laughing, and then I mean, I don't know how upsetting it is to have these apes around, but it really seems like she has these they're her protectors, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it does seem like a lot of the accounts that the people immediately jump to this is evil, this is horrible, you know, evil witches and stuff like that, without like a second thought about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for surest most by far, most by far are you know, people are frightened, shocked, upset, you know, it's you wouldn't call them positive experiences, I think, Yeah.
Speaker 3: And it seems like most of the folklore surrounding them is not. It's all warnings.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but yeah, and I wonder about that. So I talk about it in terms of like red berries, Right, So when I grew up, I was told never eat a red berry that you find in the woods. They're all poisonous. Well that's not true. There's plenty of red berries you can inspec teaberries or RedBerry. There's plenty of red berries you can eat. However, if you're not going to learn which redberries you can eat and which you can't, don't eat any red berries you find in the woods. Is a great rule of thumbs, right, Yeah. Yeah, it's like a shorthand, like I don't have time to teach you which redberries eat, so just don't eat any red berries you find in the woods. I wonder if it's not like that, if it's not like, look, I don't have the time to teach you a proper way to interact with these things, so just don't.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I wonder if that just comes through, because I mean, there are explicit rules in folks wh which, look through my practice in this stuff, I've found kind of work. They kind of tend to be true. I think it was our ancestors who have had thousands of years of interchange with this stuff sort of passing down through story, this is how you deal with this stuff. But I think a lot of these stories kind of tend to be like, yeah, don't don't mess with it because I don't have time to teach it the right way.
Speaker 6: To do it.
Speaker 3: Okay, that makes some sense, and I'm sure some of it's just fear of the unknown too.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, absolutely. So.
Speaker 3: There was once one thing you had in here. I don't know which page it is that I found very interesting. It's the Witches Hill known as hex Duns.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I believe that's in Burkes County too. You find that is?
Speaker 3: This one stood out to me? And again which witches and everything gets blamed on witches?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, So it's a okay, So it's an article from the Reading Times in nineteen twenty five and they talk about this place called Witch's Hill in Brooks County. It'd be interesting to see how close it is to that where they had that very encounter we were reading about or whatever. It was, Oh yeah, less than two miles from Windsor Castle. There was, until about Windsor Castle's a place in Brooks County, not the Windsor Castle any There was, until about fifty years ago a piece of unused land which all the countries I believed be the trysting place of witches. All the malevolent spirits of these parts were supposed on certain nights to be to hea themselves hither and to dance around and around with measured tread. In proof of this, there could be shown the great circular track made by their feet, not merely bare of grass, but worn down to the ground, and the most reliable of our histories. Historians report seeing the ring at the time it was falling into disuse. The connection between the existence of these witches and sickness is close and clear enough. Was the chief work of the diabolic hags to throw spells upon folks when they disliked and their friends disliked, and upon whoever happened to be at hand when they were in a foul temper. These spells resulted in the most lamentable kinds of sickness, and it was commonly believed that the best treatment was to have the evil spirit cast out, rather than to swallow pills and physics. The circular track upon which is hill became known as hex dans or the witch's dance hall. This track is a spot about twenty feet in diameter, or upon which no vegetation will grow. A circle calls to mind both fairy rings and what we would call today crop circles. These formations of depressed crops were also thought by the Pennsylvania, Germans to be caused by the dancing of witches by hexandertsk Giddants. It would exclaim translation the witches dance here. Anomalous lights were often seen upon which is still and it was said that this place was so evil that animals were unwilling to cross the land. You have again this, you know, a whole bunch of things happening.
Speaker 3: In l Yes, yeah, and that's what I found interesting about it, the idea that, yeah, they're similar to crop circles. The lights the animal, and the thing is whatever generates the light might be giving off an energy that animals don't you know, either hear maybe they hear it and they don't like going near it. Whatever, you know, it doesn't necessarily make it evil for.
Speaker 5: Sure, for sure. And again people are especially when you had you know, rural people with you know, farm animals and such. They're paying attention, you know, to what their animals are doing and there they probably use them as biosensors in a way. Right, they have better years and better noses than us. So if they're reacting to something, you know, they're probably like because there were other dangers out there, you know, until the mid eighteen hundreds. There were wolves, you know, and cougars and such, so so there were the danger so they probably did rely on like the reaction of their animals a lot.
Speaker 3: Man. There was another connection I just made and I immediately lost it, So that was good. So the crop circles and uh rings and yeah, I don't know what it was. It'll come back to me. And then during the next pit bit we talk about which should be the the these weird foxes and the the Eternal Hunter thing. Oh, yeah, you've found a lot of these stories.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I think I have gathered the most Eternal Hunter folk wre in one place that's that's ever been done. I could be wrong if it's been done before. I just haven't found it. But I've done a lot of research on the Eternal Hunter, and no one else has really dug in. Like some're very proud of my my chapter in the Eternal.
Speaker 3: Hunter, So talk a little bit about that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when I first read about it, it was in a ghost story book and I opened that the chapter up with this story of it's a poem called a Legend of the Hounds, and that's how it was presented. It was a in a one of Charles Adams ghost stories. I'm not sure if you're familiar with me. He wrote a ton of books of ghost stories from New Jersey and Pennsylvanian stuff. But he writes about this poem and it's about this iron furnace master and he's, you know, a cruel man and no one likes him, and they only like him because he's you know, buys people drinks, he has money and you know, loose women around him and stuff. But he has this group of hounds that are renown for hunting hounds, and he invites these people from Philadelphia out to go hunting, and for whatever reason, his hounds won't hunt that day, and he gets very upset and because he's this cruel man, he throws has his hounds thrown into the iron furn in this very Edgar Allan Poe. This poem is very edgirl and poet. You know, he kind of goes mad after that, and eventually he gets addicted to whiskey and drinks himself to death. And on this last day, you know, he talks about the hounds are coming from the furnace and they're going to drag him to hell or whatever it is. They're going to take him away. The hounds have come to take away, and they use this as a ghost story to explain the eternal Hunter. So these eternal Hunter legends pop up. They're different explanations. They sometimes they give a name to them. Sometimes they have a story with them. In this case, was you know this guy with the hounds, which the guy wrote the poem, by the way, never explicitly says and that guy became the eternal Hunter. I think because the poem was there, and because it takes place in this iron furnace that's generally in this Pennsylvania Dutch Land where they had legends of the eternal Hunter, somebody went, oh, okay, then he became the eternal Hunter, right, Yeah, he had these sounds. It's the legend of this this hunter for various reasons, who is immortal and he hunts eternally with this pack of ghostly hounds, usually his hounds. Sometimes there's wolves with them too, and flies to the sky and you don't want to meet them. It's you can be carried off or torn to pieces. There's all different kinds of stories about But as I'm tracking these stories down, I'm thinking, well, this is a wild hunt. Legend and these you know, it roots back to Germany. Like literally there's a there's the brothers Grim collected an eternal Hunter legend, right, they assigned it to someone else, some other hunter, but it really goes back to Odin, so Odin and these other figures like Perked. It was one all these mythological figures like the would leave what they call the wild Hunt, which was a troop of usually hounds, sometimes dead people, sometimes fairies, sometimes all the above, and that would ride through the night and they would hunt sometimes people, sometimes you know, sinful people sometimes they'd hunt. Sometimes they hunt other fairies like most people and stuff. So you know, it depends. The legend varies, but it's very very clearly a legend that came from Germany with the Pennsylvania Germans and they got here and they tried to put the legend here, right, so the legend came with them and they came up with these different stories like to explain how the Eternal hunters here. But it definitely riots back to this wild Hunt legend where you know Odin led this this group of this hunt through the sky. Essentially it's you know, very very similar. So I think the Eternal Hunter is probably one of the few instances of Odin in the New World.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and a lot of these stories, like you said, has to do with a fox being hunted.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of yeah, a lot of fox stories that the first poem is they were hunting a fox where the dogs wouldn't hunt. There's another one with some sort of supernatural fox that had glowing eyes and shot lightning from its tail. I think are shot sparks from its tail, excuse me. And yeah, that the hunter is like hunting this fox and never never kills it. He gets dashed upon the rocks and he becomes the eternal Hunter. So yeah, there's a few where they're for hunting foxes, so one of them they're hunting wolves. So, and there's eternal huntresses as well, which was really neat. I yeah, some in Clearfield County there's an eternal huntress and there's another in Bedford County, so depending on where they are. And there's a lot of other sort of ghostly hunters throughout the state. But that I kind of throw in there in the chapter. They kind of round it out. But yeah, but yeah, it's such an interesting like that we have this wild so the wild hunter is tiled to fairy lore absolutely, and we have this wild hunt legend here.
Speaker 3: So what like, what are people really experiencing that they're they're attaching to this.
Speaker 5: Well, that's a good question. And one of the things a lot of the newspapers would talk about is how the Pennsylvania Dutch were afraid of night flying geese. And they would say like, oh, they're so afraid of it. They're afraid of geese. And they would portray us this kind of like what I called they would use in the newspaper. It's not my phrase, but I use it as an example. They called them dumb Dutchman, right, the right, it's sort of like these rural people that they're not sophisticated. Right, That was the idea. And I'll just read a little section. It's as much as it's been written of the Pennsylvania Germans supposed fear of night flying geese. Sometimes these geese were taken as a sign of coming snow, and in this form they were called schnagans. Other times, the clamoring flock was said to represent the horn of the eternal Hunter, or even his pack of spectral dogs in full cry. Often newspaper articles would portray the so called dumb Dutchman as if they were terrified of geese. Well, it is possible that some of the Pennsylvania Germans feared the geese for their association with the hunter. Most, no doubt, knew exactly what the geese were and simply took the honking cry as a symbol of the hunter. This idea was expressed by Thomas R. Brendel, speaking of lord passed to him by his father. Brendell noted he did not call the wild goose the awik jegor that's the eternal hunter of this German, but he explained the legend through the noises. In fact, the association of wild geese with the eternal hunter traveled with the German people to America, like the hunter himself. In some parts of Germany, flocks of migratory birds were called Woden's wild here or Odin's wild army. This wild army of Odin is otherwise known as the wild Hunt. Former Serbone professor and author of multiple books on folk called Kato published a fantastic book and a thorough survey on the wild Hunt and related legends of Europe. In his book Phantom armies of the night, the wild hunts, and the ghostly processions of the undead. In this volume, Lekato notes another connection between migratory birds and the wild hunt. Quote, it is obvious that birds played an important role in the history of the wild hunt, because, even if this has been forgotten in modern times, the souls of the dead often took the form of a winged creature, black for a damned soul, and white for a redeemed one unquote. Other Pennsylvania folklore asserts that persons born on Christmas Day can tell the difference between the bang of the eternal hunter's dogs and the honking of wild geese. Those born in other times will only hear geese. So this was something they feared in the night. And that guy Brendled and some others talk about hunting with their father, and I think it's uncle. And he said more than once they would hear these sounds, and it'd be like, let's we're going home. We're not hunting at this tonight.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: They took it seriously enough to leave. So this was considered. He was not considered a good thing, they said in Berks County. If he wore a black wolfskin tied with red string around your neck. That would be protecting from the eternal Hunter. You could put a wolf skin in your in your barn, I believe, to protect in the raptors of your barn. Let's see, wolf's tide could be fastened under the eaves of the barn to protect to protect the farm from the wild Hunter. So they really kind of took it seriously. Some of these rural churches would ring their church bells every every hour, every two hours throughout the night just to they said that would keep the eternal Hunter away. So it was something that they took seriously.
Speaker 3: And how does that? I mean, you have the eternal Hunter and you have the wild Hunt. Are they kind of interchangeable to a degree?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I mean Lekotto really separates them and he makes the difference between like these these hunter figures and in the wild Hunt, and he kind of differentiates it. The lines are so blurred with the Eternal Hunter that it's it's kind of all of the above. Like he talks about the diabolical Huntsman, which is a demonic presence which hunts mortals, often accompanied by a pack of hounds, and the wild huntsmen who usually hunts supernatural beings, and the cursed huntsman Newses upon a horse with his hunting dogs, pursues prey that he will never catch. So these wild Hunter legends are kind of a combination of all of the above, all of these things. So again we're getting this missmash of folk ore here. You know that that has come over time. So it's it's kind of precious to I think to have these lines drawn and I think very blurry, you know, when it comes to the Eternal Hunter. I think we eat a little of all the above there.
Speaker 3: For some reason, this is the Wild Hunt is always one of those things that doesn't stick with me for some reason. We did a whole show I think, with Josh and Barbara Fisher about it, and it's it just for whatever reason, it's not something my brain like just clicks with. Yeah, it's weird.
Speaker 5: It's a very folk word thing. I mean, I think it's tied to you know, deep deep European folklore. You know, the question is, did anyone ever see the Eternal Hunter or these just stories? You know, I don't know, I don't know, but you know, these stories are a folklore that traveled with the German people. You know, so I think the Swallet Hunt is associated with fairy legends, so I think it's important to include it. But you know, I couldn't find anybody said yeah I saw the I saw The Eternal Hunter on you know, December eighth, eighteen seventy four.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, right, Yeah. Well, the other things I wanted to comment on this before we end the main show here is you have artwork in here that that surprisingly is absolutely awesome.
Speaker 5: Oh thank you.
Speaker 3: You have a lot of it in here.
Speaker 5: I try to open and close every chapter. I open every chapter with a full page and close every chapter with like a spot illustration. But there's some some other full pages that I threw in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's just astoundingly I mean, your stuff is always great. I don't think I've ever seen the art work you've done where I'm well, yeah, I don't like it.
Speaker 5: My original idea for this was to have literally something on every page, and I realized it's going to like when it was I knew it was going to be a thick book, and I was like, if I do that, it's just going to make the book so it would be ridiculous, Like I just and it was taking me forever to finish. As it was, I was like, you know what, let me let me have the artwork that I have and that'll be that.
Speaker 3: When did you start working on it?
Speaker 5: Actually before the Hermit book, probably actually some of it before where the footprintcent So the chapter on phantom black Dogs. I was originally going to do a book kind of like I did. I'm trying to do with the big Foot, the historical big Foot books I was going to do like, but I was going to try to put it all in one book and just do phantom black dogs for the whole country.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: Well, it seemed like very quickly I realized that's going to be an insane proposition and a book that's way too thick. So I thought, well, I'll throw the black dogs in here, because the pantom black dogs are people debate whether they're related to Fay or not, but they're often included with them. So I threw those in there. But I had done started doing that research before. So the rest of my black dog research is coming out on strange familiars were doing every now and then we just do a you know, black Dogs of Maryland show or black Dogs of Ohio show, you know, so where I present the rest of it like that, because I'm not publishing a book on black every black dog story I could find in the whole United States. Yeah, so we'll do those in strange for most, but that that i'd done very early on. Some of the Eternal Hunter research I did right after where the Footprints end, So that that was that. And then so some of this you know has been It was originally only be three books. It's gonna be a black Dog book, it was going to be a Fairies in pennsylvani book, and it's going to be Eternal Hunter book. And I realized they all go together. So I just kind of put them all together and knocked three books out in one, which is actually a great relief for me. I have more books that I want to write than I have time.
Speaker 3: Left in my life me too.
Speaker 5: Technically, I guess it's a good problem to have. But it's also said, there's more.
Speaker 3: So many things I want to do. But I was gonna say something else about the book, and I've completely forgotten what it was because I was too busy listening to you. It's it's it's one of my faults is that I listened to my guests.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know how that is. No, it's it's years of research that went to this. So it started years ago and then it came out this year.
Speaker 3: And where where can people get it?
Speaker 5: They can get it. Lostgrave dot etsy dot com is me and if you want to sign copy, that's where you can get it. What is on Amazon? You can order it into your local bookstore. It should be you know, wherever books are sold. What was the Etsy again, Lost Grave dot etsy dot com.
Speaker 3: All right, and of course the podcast, which we should address briefly because a lot of people have written me about it that you weren't on YouTube anymore.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so YouTube demonetize me, and I got a little upset and thought, well, why should they make money on my show If I can't make money, which they will do they would have done, so I just set all my videos to private for a while. It was a from what I understand, it was like the people were out of the office and AI made a decision to demonetize a bunch of channels. It sounds right, And when the people got back, it seems like they're slowly going through and remonetizing a bunch of these channels. That I probably got demonetized for wrong reasons. Like they said, they caught it unaresonal content. I'm like, I'm not a restal content every week what he took to right, So in any case, I am remonetized. And every show that was there is back up again and plus new ones. So I will be as long as they keep me monetized, I'll keep putting shows up on YouTube. So we're back on YouTube, all right, Strange familiars and then everywhere you.
Speaker 3: Get there where, everywhere you get what podcasts? Oh okay, it dropped out podcasts. That was weird.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 3: Well, there's a few more things we could talk about, including that the the King Arthur Grave on the Patreon and so, but thank you for doing this part, Tim, and the book is fantastic and people should pick it up.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: I want to take a couple of minutes here to thank all of my patreons and a special shout out to those of you pledging ten dollars or more. Greg Ross, Cherry Trapezoid tactical Therapist, John Blackburn, RK Smith, Madeline Ja, Marty Garza, Critter eighty, Alison Cook, Super Inframan thirty six Dingo, Sean Cosgrove, Matthew Sproll, Ruth Fortescue, Andrew Nichols, John Schretler, marth Artha, Christine, Stuart Beagan, Rothman, Brenn, Mark Brady, Patricia Guaya, Quinta, Kevin Shrek, Lynz Jackson, Kay, Charles in Florida, Land of the Crazy and Communicable, Charles Davis, Kristin l Jotto, Riker and Stark, Abby Allen Wright, Rectangle, Eric Citron, Kevin American Rambler, Sam Sharon, thunder Boy, Eric Todd, Ann Watowski, Vincent Trewell, Will Powell, Jay mt K, History and Coffee, Diane b Joe Bowling, Jay Beverly, Williamson, Jim and Sophie, Victoria, John Bracken, Paul Jeffries, Moon Baby, Janet's Planet, Ron dupre Laser Printer, jam mja Armstrong, Jack Huntington, Lauren McClain, Stacy Sherwood, James Lindsay Linda from Michigan, Billuminati, Strange Stories with the Seeker and Skeptic Podcast, Mark Shoemaker, Ron Duprey, Will Cherry, Calm Early Ritual, The Ghost Story, Guys Tyler Glimstead, Liam Houdock, harrold Erry z Anna, Annabelle Smith, Caroline Walker, TDT Skunk Works, Craig Sagas, Doumei, Hollin Carris, and Matthew Brown. Thank you all so very much. This show would not be what it is without your support. There is a Patreon segment to go along with this show, as I'm sure you expect and you should expect. You can become a patron at where at the roadgo dot com. Just look on the big Patreon link links to everything of their all the shows, well almost all the shows, and a link tree link as well, so you can find my other stuff. If you're addressed and you want to welcome one new patron this week, that would be Jay. Thank you for joining up. And if that mid show was a little weird, it's because we record it was supposed to go with the show with Saxon and Brennan, and I forgot all about it and so I remembered at some point and wrote in this show instead, So there you go. There, that's why that seemed so out of place. But I didn't want to not air it because I thought that was cool. Well, we're going to do that again in the future with guests occasionally, so that you can get recommendations from people other than me. All right, to take you out. We're gonna hear some Stone Breath. This came out in I believe it was two thousand and eight. Yes, and it's off the album A Silver Thread to Weave the Seasons. Of course, Stone Breath is Timothy Renner. So yeah, if you like this you can you can find it on his band camp and stuff. That's it for now, see you next time.
Speaker 8: Shine and all my back, the black molds and rods in my dreams, the black snakes and.
Speaker 9: My things, and I don't know the stow lest, the wall street, the gaps to the.
Speaker 8: Red song in my black the red bus to pry the roning done, it's red sky.
Speaker 10: I don't know if this feast.
Speaker 8: You talk of sheep and the chuck of fops sick a piece of the shallow boots.
Speaker 10: My father's holding about small grass has still still fans. I don't know WoT.
Speaker 5: The black man, the child and down my back, the black.
Speaker 8: Sun and child and my path, the black pas behround and some my fence, a black snack.
Speaker 3: You have been listening to Where did the Road Go?
Speaker 10: Show?
Speaker 3: This show has brought you and part by our patreons you can. You can find more at www dot Where Did the Road Go? Dot com website designed by John Shooter from the strophe. The intro for the show was reimagined by Andrew Hamm a k A Lord Happiness on Spotify, and the voice is Psychekomire of Psyche Corporation. Artwork for the show designed by Timothy Renner, Jeff Ritzman, and Nadim Mahi Bahi. General inquiries, comments, et cetera can be directed to contact at Where Did the Road Go? Dot com dot com. Thank you all for listening and for all the support Www dot Where Did the Road Go? Dot com dot com. In conclusion, you mean the world to me.
Speaker 10: My life changed forever, and I bet you and I just want you to know how much I love you.
Speaker 5: Get in touch with your tender side introducing KFC Tenders with.
Speaker 6: A new crispy coating and nine new dips to savor.
Speaker 10: It'll be hard to resist falling in love.
Speaker 5: Surrender to Tender at KFC