Speaker 1: And this episode is cool.
Speaker 2: Yoo.
Speaker 3: What's up, guys? Welcome to Dinner with the Healers. My name is Eric, and with me as always are my lovely wife Amanda Hi, guys, my beautiful daughter Stella Hi, and my super handsome son Henry.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 3: If this is your first time listening to us, we are an episode by episode Blue Podcast where we watch an episode of Blue and then talk about it and the lessons we learned. Does that sound right to you, guys?
Speaker 4: It sure does.
Speaker 3: In this episode, we are rewatching season one, episode sixteen, Yoga ball In talking about how we feel about it now three years later after we watched it the first time, and it is going to be super fun.
Speaker 4: It sure will be.
Speaker 3: Before we do that, let's jump into the business. Be sure to check out the show description. You'll find a link to our website.
Speaker 2: Theblooey Podcast dot com, our email address Blue Podcast at gail dot.
Speaker 3: Com, links to our social media, a link to our Tepublic merch store time stamps so you can jump right to the part of the episode you're looking for, and you'll also find a link so you can sign up to listen to the show ad free via Patreon for just one dollar a month and a huge, huge thank you to our subscribers. You guys are awesome.
Speaker 4: They sure are awesome. Thank you so much. Guys.
Speaker 3: Speaking of things that are awesome, we just got done rewatching yoga ball.
Speaker 1: Why do you see on a giant green boot?
Speaker 3: Henry? Could you tell us what was going on at the beginning of this episode.
Speaker 2: At the beginning of the episode, Banett was behind the counter cleaning it off, and Bluey and Beingo come up and they ask if they could play games. Bant says he's working from home, so he's too busy to play in games today, and then he goes behind the counter and pretends he's using an elevator. Then he comes back up with a flip flopping hands of to Bingo and that flip flop might be his maybe, But then the kids go, let's play the elevator game, and Bant says no, he's too busy, and then goes back down again, comes back up with another flip flopping hands it to Bluie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he didn't have time to play, but he was playing. I thought that was pretty cute. Have I ever done a gag like that with you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Probably?
Speaker 3: After that we see Banda actually try to get to work and he's in his office typing and he gets up off of his seat to get something off the printer. Stella, what happens?
Speaker 2: Bluie comes in and steals his yoga ball chair and he starts chasing after them, but Bluey and Bingo run over to the stairs and push it down the stairs because they still want to play with it.
Speaker 3: It did look like fun, but I could understand why he would be frustrated. Working from home is tricky when you have little kids. They want to know why does he sit on a yoga ball Stella, What did he tell him?
Speaker 2: He says it's because he hurt his back so many times when he had to change their diapers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're nappies. He wrecked his back and he has to sit on that to help it. He starts playing a game with Bluey, Amanda, what does he do to her?
Speaker 5: He picks up Louie and starts bouncing her on the yoga ball and you can tell she's just loving it because she is just laughing and giggling and having fun. And then he goes to pick up Bingo and starts to bounce her on the yoga ball and it sounds like she likes it at first, but then once he gets done and he sits her down, she gets this look on her face and she says, oh.
Speaker 4: I think she didn't really like it.
Speaker 3: Towards the end, they did a great job of showing it from her perspective. Yeah, and her poor little face. And how suddenly Bandit's going buns really loud, poor Bingo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, her little eyes got pretty big there.
Speaker 3: Bingo doesn't say anything. Bandit wants to get back to work, but Henry, what has happened to his seat?
Speaker 2: His seat is missing again and it turns out Blue and Bingo stole it again.
Speaker 3: What are they doing with it?
Speaker 2: They took it to their room and they put a hat on it, and Bluie was reading to it and Bingo's trying to find a sticker to put on it.
Speaker 3: Do you remember what was the story that Bluie was reading.
Speaker 5: I think it was a story about somebody named mixed Up Murphy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and in the story he asked a question and just the words were out of order. I guess that is what makes him mixed up. But that seemed to be high comedy to Bluuie. When Bengo is trying to decide on what sticker to pull out. She tells us what her name is, Henry, what is her name, Larne? And what was the ball's name?
Speaker 4: It was Balie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that seems like a pretty easy one. Laurene though. I thought that was cute.
Speaker 5: It was an interesting name. I've never heard it before.
Speaker 3: I love that Bengo does this. I wish that was something that they kept up through the entire show, was her making up names every time they played.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she really had some good ones.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ben it comes in and gets the ball, and when he gets back to his office with it, now there's a new surprise waiting for him. Stella, what is going on?
Speaker 2: Bluie is on his office chair now and she's spinning and struggles on it, and she tells him that she wants to play delivery chair.
Speaker 3: What does he say?
Speaker 2: He says that he has to do work, So Blue decides to use her plea's eyes on him so he'll say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, her big old puppy dog please face, and he can't resist it. She is pretty adorable. I do think it would be tough.
Speaker 5: It's definitely hard to resist when a kid does the please face.
Speaker 4: It's very hard to say no to that.
Speaker 5: And I can understand why Bandit can't say no to Blui's please face my goodness, she just they really added, like the sadness and the poudiness and the little star in her eyes and everything.
Speaker 4: How can you say no to that?
Speaker 3: Kids are very good at that sort of thing. Both of these two still try to do that sort of thing.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not that long ago.
Speaker 1: I e.
Speaker 3: In the last two weeks, Henry said, But Dad, we built the PC together. It's like, how dare you.
Speaker 4: Can't use that stuff against us?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not fair, Amanda. How does the delivery chair game work?
Speaker 5: Bandit pushes the girls around like he's pushing a cart or something that's delivering mail, and he has to stamp the girls first before he delivers them. So he goes to stamp Blue first, and she's fine with it. He goes to stamp Bingo next, and we can see, I by the look on her face, he might be stamping her a little too rough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she did not care for that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Then they continue the game by going into his bedroom and he's going to deliver the packages there. He delivers Blue first by picking her up and tossing her onto the bed, and she's giggling and laughing.
Speaker 4: She's having fun.
Speaker 5: And then he goes to pick up Bingo to toss her onto the bed to deliver her. And when he tosses her again, it's a little too rough. When we see Bingo make the face and the ooh sound, I don't think she's having so much fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when she was up in the air, she seemed pretty happy until she reached the pinnacle of the arc she was making, and then she was most displeased. Yes, Henry, where were the packages being shipped to?
Speaker 2: He was delivering the packages to Mogadishue.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Mogadishu. It is the capital of Somalia. Good job, Henry, Thank you. Bluuie is not giving up, Henry, and she wants to play one more game. How does she describe it?
Speaker 2: She describes it as to where bandit goes dent and he rolls the yoga ball down the hall and they have to jump out of the way.
Speaker 3: Oh you mean ra is right all right, Henry? What is that a reference to Indiana Jones? Yeah, Raiders of the Lost Arc when the stone is rolling down the thing at the beginning of the movie, right. Yeah, I think it's so cool that Bandit is into Indiana Jones too, But why wouldn't you be. It's perfect. Bandit's an archaeologist. He's an archaeologist. It all comes together.
Speaker 5: I didn't even make that connection that Bandit is an archaeologist, so of course he would like Raiders of the Lost Ark and Indiana Jones.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Indiana Jones is probably his personal hero.
Speaker 4: That's cool.
Speaker 3: Do you think in their world Indiana Jones is a dog? Or are they watching the same Raiders of the Lost arc that we are.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't theirs be called Raiders of the Lost Bark.
Speaker 3: Clap clap clapp.
Speaker 4: I'm just kidding seriously, though, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: They go ahead and play, and they're having a ripper of a time. Stella, how is the game going?
Speaker 2: They are both running down the hall and and they're like jumping through like doorways to go and like get out of the way of the ball and just having so much fun. But then one of the times Bingo doesn't jump out of the way fast enough, so she gets hit by the yoga ball.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It knocks her down like a bowling pan, doesn't it. Yeah, it does Bandit knew right away that that was no good, and he says it's time to stop playing stella. What does he tell Bingo?
Speaker 2: He tells Bingo to walk it off.
Speaker 3: Has anybody ever said that to you when something's happened.
Speaker 2: It sounds like someone I know.
Speaker 3: Probably did that help. Were you like, okay, perfect, Everything's fine though.
Speaker 4: No, I'm so much better now, thank you.
Speaker 3: They had the super sad music right there. Josh Bush and the music team are just amazing at this, and Bingo takes off and I noticed they did something really cool to make you understand how small she is, and they had her taken one step at a time. I did notice that and claps all around. That was a masterpiece right there of storytelling. Amanda war It is Bingo go.
Speaker 5: She makes her way down the stairs and outside, and she goes to lay under like they have that bench that goes around they're big tree in the backyard, and she goes to lay under the bench and she kind of curls up like a sad little puppy.
Speaker 4: She curls up, and then we see a ball rope past her.
Speaker 5: Looks like mom is outside practicing field hockey, and she notices Bingo under the bench looking a little sad, so she asks her what's going on.
Speaker 3: Bingo tells Chili that sometimes dad is just too rough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he does play too rough sometimes, doesn't he?
Speaker 1: Yes, did you use your big gil buck?
Speaker 2: No, because they don't have very good big fuck really show me.
Speaker 4: Oh that's all right, just do it bigger, bigger?
Speaker 3: Whoa there it is? Come on, let's go talk to your dad.
Speaker 5: It took her a few tries, but wow, she really found her big girl bark, didn't she?
Speaker 3: She did? And good for her. They're gonna go and explain to Bandit how Bingo is feeling henry. What happens?
Speaker 2: They knock on Bandit's door and Bandit says go away because he just thinks it's blue and Bingo trying to stop him from Ganga's work done. And then he sees Chili with them.
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 1: You're in trouble?
Speaker 3: No one's in trouble.
Speaker 2: Bingo tells Bandit that he played with her too rough, so he helps Bingo figure out how rough he can play with her by bouncing her on the yoga ball.
Speaker 3: He says that he forgets that Bingo is so much younger. How old is Bingo in this Henry four and how old is Bluey six? Yeah, so Bingo is not as big as Bluey and Bandit seems like he's worried that he just shouldn't play rough with Bingo at all, but Stell, what does Chili say?
Speaker 2: Chili says that Bingo still wants to be able to play with Bandit, but she's just gonna try to let him know whenever he's being too rough.
Speaker 3: With her, right, and what does she do whenever he's bouncing her on the ball?
Speaker 2: She shows him her big girl bart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he knows. Okay, there's the line and everybody learns something and he's going to finally get to work.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 5: Bandit turns around and he wants to sit on his ball again to finish his work up, but he realizes that the ball is gone again and then they hear Bluie.
Speaker 1: Oh why how rude? How did you dine on the toilet?
Speaker 3: And that was the episode, Henry. Did we forget anything?
Speaker 4: Nope?
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what it's time for?
Speaker 4: Did we learn anything today?
Speaker 3: Could anyone tell us what did you learn today?
Speaker 5: What I learned today is probably the same thing that I learned when we watched this episode three years ago, and that is, don't be afraid to speak up for yourself. If something is not going the right way for you, or you're uncomfortable or just whatever, don't be afraid to speak up and say, hey, I don't like this, or hey can we do this like another?
Speaker 4: Or speak up?
Speaker 3: Right? I agree, very very good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with mom. Sometimes when you're a little kid, it's hard to stand up for yourself, especially when you want to try to be tough like a big kid or like an older sibling or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would make it extra tough. Henry, was that hard for you with Stella being your big sister that you wanted to be able to do the things that she did, but you were just a little bit too small.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: One thing I noticed in this is that as a parent, especially in this case, as a dad who likes to rough house, you have to be hyper aware of the reactions of the kids. If Mannett had been paying attention closely, he would have been able to see that it was too much for Bingo because she was making the face and groaning about it, and he probably should have noticed that. But at the same time, he was really trying to get work done. Sometimes I work from home and I think it's not so much now, but used to people thought I, quote unquote wink wink work from home. No, I am trying to work and I happen to be at home and I have to get it done. And that's what Bandits got going on. So maybe that's why he didn't notice. But I do think that as the parent, you should be able to look at your kids and know when maybe you went just a little bit too far.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, Yeah, I never really thought about bandit need to pay attention to the kids' reactions.
Speaker 3: It's a tricky line, but yeah, I think that was a thing. This was a good episode though. I thought Chili handled it really well, helping Bing go out, helping her find her way, and then also helping her let band No. No, I still want to play, just we need to find out how to regulate the intensity of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: She did do a really good job, and I feel like some good parenting was involved on both parts.
Speaker 3: Does anybody have any parting thoughts about the episode.
Speaker 2: One thing I have to say is that at the end the episode, did yoga balls on the toilet and you don't know what's about on that toilet seems.
Speaker 3: Oh, I think you have a pretty good idea what's been on there. So you're saying that not even washing the yoga ball would make it usable again? Never, no, no.
Speaker 5: I thought it was a cute episode, and I liked you know you already touched on it. But I liked Chili helping Bingo find her big girl voice because she wants to be in there and play just like big sister, but she's got to be treated a little more gently so she has that big girl voice.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: I thought it was cute how Bandit still played with the girls even though he did have to go and do his work, but he still ended up playing with them.
Speaker 4: Anyways.
Speaker 3: I ended up doing that with you guys a lot when I was working from home, especially when everything was locked down and I was it support here and at work remotely. Good times, better you than me. One thing I was thinking about Bandit's job is what archaeologist, right, And he's got all these things in his office at home. And I remember when we talked about this before, we were saying that he had these dinosaur bones in his office, but he's not a palaeontologist. He's an archaeologist, which is the study of past civilization.
Speaker 4: Okay, those are okay, those.
Speaker 3: Were dog bones in his office.
Speaker 4: Oh oh my, I did not pay attention to that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's what archaeology is. It's uncovering the civilizations of the past, not the animals of the past.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: Well, guys, we think Bluie is awesome. And speaking of things that we think are awesome, Henry, what should we do next?
Speaker 2: The halouts Okay, listen, everyone has to clap and go whoa yet?
Speaker 3: All right, that's awesome, got it right? We have the best fans ever. We appreciate you guys so so much with the comments, the five star reviews, the emails, the voice messages. We can't possibly possibly thank you enough.
Speaker 4: We sure can't.
Speaker 5: You guys are fantastic and we just were so thankful that you love the show and we should be giving you guys five star reviews.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some of the comments on Spotify. We heard from day David Harper, Emmy Tilly who wants to say happy birthday to her sister Gwenn. Happy birthday, Gwynn.
Speaker 2: Happy Birthday Gwynn.
Speaker 3: We heard from someone whose username is one ex zero h something something. We heard from Summer Piper, someone whose username is party Cappy Bara. Is that your account?
Speaker 4: It is not that you know.
Speaker 3: We heard from dude too vv Daisy, who was saying that she misses some of Henry's wild lessons. Learned that when he was younger, he would come up with during the episodes. We might have to get a compilation reel of those going.
Speaker 4: Oh, that would be fun.
Speaker 3: We heard from Alex and his weekly report of things you may have missed in the Blue episodes. You guys need to head to the comments on Spotify and check them out. We heard from our friend Julia, Tony Puppy Dog Girl, Mikhayla, Travis Hope, Luella Corlai, and someone who's user name is music Lover. They just had a birthday and their sister's birthday is coming right up. Well, happy birthday, guys.
Speaker 5: I hope you had a great birthday and I hope your sister will have one too.
Speaker 3: We got some emails. We heard from Keona and Zamora. They like Amanda and Stella.
Speaker 4: Oh, thank you.
Speaker 3: We heard from Skippy, We heard from Sophie and Ralph, and we got a voice message from Harper Hey, Denise the Healers.
Speaker 2: My name is Harper, and I'm going to play for you on my trumpet, the boom Stam song. Hope you like it.
Speaker 3: Great job, Harper, Yeah that was awesome, awesome work. Now, you guys listening didn't get to hear the whole thing, but we did and it was excellent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not really good.
Speaker 3: We got an email from Leah, who listens with her mom at bedtime and has a birthday coming up straight away and she likes Amanda the best.
Speaker 5: Oh well, thank you, Leiah, and I hope you have a happy birthday.
Speaker 3: And last, but definitely not least, we got a voice message from our friend Brendan.
Speaker 6: Greetings, dinner with the Healers. This is your friend Brendon speaking to you once again. So this time I have a very good, interesting moment from Bluie's big play, and it's a very specific moment that I wanted to share with you.
Speaker 4: Here we go, Hi, Blue.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying sorry to Bingo.
Speaker 4: Okay, she my dad stop playing.
Speaker 1: Plus, I was being a sister worth copying.
Speaker 2: I really was.
Speaker 1: I know you were, but you've still upset her. I'm the one that should be upset she should say sorry to me.
Speaker 6: Hm, well, Bluie, I have to say that I know you were being a big sister worth copying to Bingo. Oh gosh, I've seen to be lost for words here, Amanda. Would you mind giving me a helping hand if you please talk to you can soon?
Speaker 4: Bye bye, Brendan.
Speaker 5: I'm going to try my best to help out here. We'll see what happens. So what I think is that Blue has to learn that being right in this situation isn't always the right answer. And in this situation, she needs to understand that Bingo is upset, and I think Bluie needs to apologize to her. I hope that helps and keep sending us more clips. I always enjoy hearing from you, we all do.
Speaker 3: I forgot that Blue's big play is now on Disney Plus so that people, yeah can see it like we did before when we watched it on Australia's ABC.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it sure is.
Speaker 3: And Brendan, yes, thank you so much. In this particular spot, Yeah, Bluie knowing she's right isn't what is important here. Yeah, And sometimes that's tough to get. Bingo's just a little kid and she's trying her best. And Bluie has to give her a little bit of grace there, But I understand it. Big kids have a right to be frustrated by their siblings too. That's just totally normal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's just how siblings work.
Speaker 3: One thing I want to say is Brendan, you are awesome. Thank you for sending us voice messages and I love that you loved the thing I did where I added the two vocal notes to you and now it's a permanent part of the outro of the show.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, we love it.
Speaker 3: It's so good. You're awesome, you sure are. And we want to thank everybody who listens, who gives us five star reviews, comments on the episodes, and sends us emails and voice messages. It means the world to us, It really does. When we started this podcast, and we never dreamt that people would embrace it the way they have and it just blows our minds. And you guys are the absolute best.
Speaker 4: It does.
Speaker 5: I mean people, we get messages from people from all over and it's just it's really crazy in a very good way. It's it's very surprising to me and we just were so happy that you guys love the show.
Speaker 3: Well, guys, until next time we are out of here.
Speaker 4: Bye guys, Bye bye once again,