Speaker 1: Welcome back in to another episode of the XRP Pod. Today is going to be good because I've got none other than black Swan Capital on the show, so you guys can't miss that one. We're recovering everything from the FED to what's happening in the current market and some of the.
Speaker 2: Strategies that maybe you guys should.
Speaker 1: Be looking at playing this out, so be on the lookout for that. Of course, some of the other things I want to kind of get into is our sponsor and you know, one thing that you guys need to be doing, and I think this is a challenge to everyone, is how are you playing the markets when we start to see this volatility. One of the ways, of course, you can do that is jumping over to okax. It's very easy to set up over there, and they have some interesting components right now where you can start to really benefit both on rewards but also creating kind of a stack method. And the process is set up your account. You're gonna get some bonuses, which is an opt into rl USD matches.
Speaker 2: This, of course is a campaign.
Speaker 1: That is available for you guys right there on the homepage, so you can deposit you know, up to one thousand dollars in there as a new user, and you're gonna earn like fifty bucks in rl USD. Then you can get up to five hundred and bitcoin when you complete all three of these tasks, So stack those rewards, also stack your crypto whenever you want. You're going to start to earn up to three and a half percent apy on rl USD and it's paid out weekly, so that's kind of a cool feature. And some of the other things that they are doing right now really gets into these tier levels. One is the deposit and the trade. You get a little bit back in bitcoin, a hundred bucks back in bitcoin, fifty in rl USD, and then you can go into tier two where you deposit and trade up to ten k and you get five hundred back in bitcoin and up to five hundred in rl us When you get into the big whale categories, five hundred bucks in bitcoin and that's like up to hundred thousand on a deposit and up to five thousand in URLUSD. So some very interesting programs for you guys to jump into. There's kind of the stack all three to be able to get into that, all right, So let's go over quickly and I just want to go into the market to talk a little bit here before I bring on Versuona Vendel. As you can see, we're on the XRP chart, big dip yesterday. I think some of this has been because of the macroeconomics, but also clarity pretty much got rug pulled, and that is a problem, I think, guys, as we start to see the future of what's going to be happening here, at least in the near term, so be on the lookout for the market to be much more volatile, especially around what could be happening with the Big three, which is going to be ETHEREUM, XRP, Slana, Stellar, some of those that, of course could see a big issue. I want to bring on the guys from Black Swan Capitalists, and you've seen them on the show here before.
Speaker 2: I'll bring them both, the.
Speaker 1: Guys and there we go. All right, versau Vendel, how are.
Speaker 3: You, good morning, doing very well.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Nice to see you.
Speaker 4: Both doing good. Good to see you too.
Speaker 1: So a lot happening is you guys, got a chance to see some pretty crazy things in the market in general.
Speaker 2: When you compare.
Speaker 1: I want to kind of lead off with the Fed decision, because this is one that I know you guys have been talking about this for a little bit, But when you look at the current possibility of a FED decision at least in July, it looks as though we're going to get a hold.
Speaker 2: But Vendell, let's start with you. What do you think.
Speaker 1: Do you think we're going to be on a hold here or do you think this is going to be a little longer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it's going to be on a hold, but that doesn't change the long term destination based on where we are in the monetary cycle at the moment. So the only reason I think they're not going to hike rates, even though most of the a large percentage of the market is leaning in the odds of i'd say, what thirty seven percent, Yeah, probability that they will hike rates, I don't think they will is simply because the ten year and the two year yield in aggregate dictate essentially whether the Fed hikes, pauses or cut rates, and the tenure in the two year yield is it's basically what currently leads the Fed's decision.
Speaker 4: Okay, most people think it's you know, inflation.
Speaker 5: Or this, or that those are those are important metrics, even though they're somewhat flawed to some extent and manipulated, but that's not what dictates monetary policy, especially interest rates. The Fed funds rates right, it's the ten year in the two year yield, So when that starts shooting up aggressively, that's typically when you'll see rate pauses or rate hikes. In that instance, that's typically what they follow. And if it goes the opposite direction, which is lower, that's when the Fed starts reacting and following, and they'll what they'll do is they'll cut interest rates. So they're following that, and that's basically what the CME watch tool is. Of course, they're making their own anticipation based on other information, but that's largely where a large percentage of that is coming from. But I don't think it's breaking out high enough for them to have any reason. And if you just think about where we are in the cycle, they are not incentivized to raise rates. Okay, so far, what they've done if they've kept rates elevated since twenty twenty two for so long, and the only logical explanation for that is to put pressure on the system, on the economy for other nefarious agendas and to ultimately have a reason to aggressive cut rates later. So essentially they're just buying time at this point, but there's no reason for them to high rates. If anything, the most logical path forward is to hold to buy more time, or to simply begin the rate cutting cycle, which I think will happen towards end of the year or early twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 1: But okay, so you've got a low percentage here on July's meeting, but it starts to rise pretty dramatically, as you guys can see right there as we start to flow into September and October's meeting. And I guess that's my question is do you think we actually do get a rate cut later this year?
Speaker 2: You know, Vendel, you want to take it?
Speaker 4: Yes, I do.
Speaker 5: I you know, it's hard to say exactly when it will be, but I think the path we're heading on the path of lease resistance is ultimately to begin the rate cutting cycle and resume that path. So that's the direction we're going in. And the reason is simply because we're facing a debt crisis. Okay, right, that's basically the elephant in the room. We have, so much debt in the entire system, roughly three hundred and fifty three trillion dollars globally speaking. That's corporate that's government debt. But the government alone has to refinance between eight to ten trillion dollars alone in treasury debt in twenty twenty six, and that's just exponentially growing, of course, because the debt is only growing over time and alongside.
Speaker 4: The interest rate.
Speaker 5: So when they need to refinance the debt, which is about to hit this maturity wall, it's very difficult and expensive to do with elevated interest rates at with where they currently are today. So in order to refinance ad debt successfully, which is their main mandate along with preserving the integrity of the bond market, they are going to have to lower rates at some point soon. And we've already went through the rate hike cycle.
Speaker 4: Okay, actually started in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 5: Now we're leaving that rate cycle and we're transitioning into a fiscal dominated regime pretty much, with the need to refinance government debt, the need to fund these government deficits, and central banks are a slave to the governments pretty much. So the only path forward is by time as long as they can, and eventually they're going to have to cut rates significantly lower than where they are today in order to refinance that huge debt burden, because if they don't, what's happening is what has happened every time in the past throughout history. We're eventually going to get to a point in time, hit a threshold, a wall, where we'll have a financial crisis of some sort. And that's essentially going to be because there isn't enough liquidity in the system to refinance the debt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And in order to get.
Speaker 5: More liquidity into the system, print, you get a print and in order to do proper QE quantitative easing, not this stealth QE thing that the whole narrative is surrounding these days, that this is not q E.
Speaker 4: Okay QE.
Speaker 5: In order to effectively do that and inject a huge amount of liquidity into the system, what they need to do is bring rates much lower than where they are today in order to do that. That's how they're going to get more liquidity into the system. And because the debt burden is so large, you need an equivalent ratio of liquidity in order to refinance the bulk of that debt okay, and the debt that's.
Speaker 1: An incredible amount of injection of capital just to be able to maintain that.
Speaker 4: So exactly can.
Speaker 1: You stand with the whole idea of hyperinflation? What most likely will come out of this is just more dollar devaluation. We'll talk about that versus on do you think that we get a rate cut late this year or do you think it comes next year?
Speaker 3: Well, there's no way the time it But I think we have to be realistic about the situation. The real economy is in free fall. Job losses are surging, credit card delinquencies at all time highs leverages at extremes right now, people are maxed out, they're broken, and you know, defaulty get levels that show us that there is a systemic collapse. Right economic activity is contracting, and I think it's just you know, more monetary policy is just talk because I think we have to be mindful that if we look at the past, like the two thousand and eight financial crisis.
Speaker 2: What did they do right?
Speaker 3: They did put Q in the motion, but they're just going to have to print more money. And I think central banks understand this dynamic perfectly. I think they're prepared and that's probably why they're buying gold, because they see what they're going to have to do. And going back to the emergency crisis of two thousand and eight, the pandemic shock of twenty twenty, whenever servicing the debt and the financial system became painful and growth stalled, and that's what we're seeing today. They had to respond the same way they did, slash rates to zero or near zero and unleash a massive money print out. So it's very possible. I mean, if you look at the yen carry trade, if you look at some of the other systemic.
Speaker 4: Issues going on, there is no other choice.
Speaker 3: You know, It's the only tool left they really have in their toolbox when conventional monetary policy fails. So I do think they're going to have some sort of emergency response and they're just going to have to inject all this money into the financial system. And evidence is clear pressure is building again right now. So high rates may feel responsible in the short term, but this is only temporary short term exactly, and when that breaking point does arrive, which it will and history shows that it always does, central banks are going to pivot hard. They're going to have to cut rates aggressively, and they're going to have to restart money printing because that's the only data to stop this economic contraction.
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, when you look at okay, so the big news today was basically we get RUG pulled out of the Senate again. And what that is in reference to is the Clarity Act, because this starts to compound on what's happening not only with the FED, but now just with the regulatory environment. Word is now that the Senate is not going to vote on this before the Senate recess August eighth, that's a major hit to the industry. We're seeing a little bit of a dip here in terms of the percentage dropping, even though there is a still kind of a very thin window that could happen in September.
Speaker 2: How much does this matter, guys?
Speaker 1: Does this really matter for the industry?
Speaker 4: Bedell? Would you like to go? I mean, I'm happy to in Okay.
Speaker 5: So it all depends on perspective here. So in the long term, it does matter because essentially what it's doing, it's removing these barriers and something we saw with the Telecommunications Act. You remove the walls, you have regulatory clarity institutions, businesses, they know what they can do, what they can do, and you have essentially this wall that's removed, and you can allow for investment in infrastructure, more development, use cases, utility, and it accelerates the growth and adoption the S curve. So that's basically what it does. So in the long term, yes, it's very important, it matters, but to debate whether it's going to happen or not is kind of silly because it is going to happen. Just like all innovation and technological advancements throughout history, they get regulated which means controlled, and they get adopted and the space grows into something even bigger over time. Time that time, By that time later on in the future, whether it's several years from now a decade, the return on investment from an investment perspective, and the opportunity begins to compress as the market matures. So in the long term it's important for the growth in the space. However, in the short term it's it's not important. It's it's basically they could utilize it in any direction to you know, serve whether it's insiders or institutions trading it and use that volatility and that narrative to essentially exit into strength. They could generate hype, they could dump it, they could short the market down when that happens. I mean, it's just a narrative in the short term.
Speaker 4: So to.
Speaker 5: Follow that very closely and base your investment decisions on that is not the right path to Yeah, is what I'm trying to say, because short term it doesn't matter. You know, it's going to go through at some point, you know, and to focus too much attention on it is simply can be somewhat a waste of energy, you know, because you don't know what's going to happen in the.
Speaker 1: Short Yeah, for sure. Well, I think the point that everybody's been looking at is that if this doesn't get done, does it give one the Democrats the potential to kind of run a muck with regulation and rulemaking down the road if in fact, we start to see a split Senate in House and or you know, a challenge in twenty twenty eight for the presidency. Who knows what's going to go on there. So I think this is still Listen, a lot of things are going to be playing out in the short term. I wanted to run in something past you guys, because this was data point that I had seen in reference. We were researching this around corporate profits because we were.
Speaker 2: Looking at YES and P.
Speaker 1: But in typical what we've found is that most US corporations are now coming in in profits that are hitting a record. It's like fourteen percent of GDP. This is continuing to rise. This would almost be counterproductive to your argument Van Dell, is that eventually consumer sentiment is going to set in and we're going to see this kind of impact on the market. But all these companies are still making just record profits.
Speaker 2: What do you make of this.
Speaker 5: Well, if everybody is using you know, credit cards and in debt, then yeah, profits are going to be up, you know. So it depends on the sector, it depends on the economy. But ultimately, if you look at the real economy.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's not in such good shape, you know. And you could see.
Speaker 5: That in the labor market, in the job market, which is a leading indicator actually, and you could see that in as my brother said, delinquencies. You could see it in the real world. You know, you actually get more insight talking to people on the street rather than reading the Financial Times. If you want to get a sense of what's happening in the economy and the job market of course too. And right now, I mean, yeah, earnings can be up. There's over investment in certain sectors, for example, a surge in capital investment in AI for example, which is temporarily keeping this bubble afloat and creating a boom within the market. And then you have the mag seven that is lifting up the rest of the market. And that's what a bubble is. And basically, well we're seeing the stock market. Stock market is a melt up phase. This is the blowoff top. It just hasn't blown off the top exactly, but this is it. Yeah, because this is not normal. Okay, if you've been around long enough, and I know you have.
Speaker 2: It's not normal.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's like any minute now, any minute we're going to.
Speaker 2: We're to start to see this.
Speaker 1: Varson, you put out a tweet right here because this I think is very relevant. That investors keep asking which asset replaces the dollar? Okay, and you guys can see a better question is which asset inherence the settlement of.
Speaker 2: Half the dollars dual role?
Speaker 1: And you look at that, and of course there's a handful of of of course we know tokens that could kind of go in this directions and companies. But do you think it's going to be a broader market or do you think it is going to narrow in on major projects like XRP, stellar, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Where do you see this?
Speaker 3: Well, there are a few things that go into that. I think central banks, you know, accumulating gold, reclassifying as Tier one asset collateral. That's very important. You know, every time we come on the show, we do talk about this because exactly we're the reference points. We need to remind ourselves, right, and why are they doing this right? They're preparing their methodically and deliberately preparing for a monetary reset that's going to require a stable, credible, universally accepted reference.
Speaker 4: Point of value.
Speaker 3: So I do think the broader commodity market is consolidating right now. We have seen gold and silver come down and.
Speaker 4: Some other things.
Speaker 3: But you know, I think it's going to be a basket of currencies, a basket of commodities that are going to be tied. And even in this kind of monetary reset, you know, trust alone is not enough. You need a global monetary reset to have the ability to move capital quickly. Efficiently and across borders, and I think that's where XRP comes in and plays a very critical role.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at I'm looking at the gold chart here. You mentioned that coming down verson, Okay, so is do you think four k is kind of the new bottom for this or do you feel like this could retrace more.
Speaker 3: It's possible it could retrace.
Speaker 4: I don't really know.
Speaker 3: I don't look at technicals as much as my brother does. But in these larger cycles, gold is really consolidating for the next life higher and it's anticipating things that we talked about as far as monetary policy. So it's going to go higher at some point.
Speaker 4: We don't know.
Speaker 3: But right now you can see lots of repatriation of physical gold. You know, they're getting ready for something. So central banks are responding exactly as you would expect, and not just central banks, very smart individuals, very wealthy individuals too.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm hearing.
Speaker 1: More and more gold investors coming out talking about the purpose of anytime we see a dip like what we have seen with gold and silver down to four k on gold, is that this is absolutely the next point to start another DCA.
Speaker 3: You know, you should always you should always be every month. I think it's prudent for individuals and investors alike to be putting a little bit of their earnings into precious metals, something that's real, something that's tangible, something that can't be diluted, and something that is gradually being re integrated back into the monetary system. For instance, even silver, which was once a form of money, which I still think it is. It has its use cases. Forget the industrial side, but when you're talking about sovereignty, you know it still is money. At the same time, Central Bank of Saudi Arabia, central Bank of Mexico, central Bank of Russia recently in the last like year or so, created these strategic reserves to accumulate silver. Right, that's not reported in the US, and if I'm not mistaken, Trump administration Andy Sheckman shared this with US as well, where they have this reserve now for strategic rare earth minerals, but silver was in there as well.
Speaker 2: What do you okay?
Speaker 1: So between the two of you, and this isn't financial advice for anybody that's listening entertainment only, but you're building a portfolio today, and let's just say you could quantify this on a magnitude of whatever you want to scale it as. But let's just start with ten thousand dollars. Okay, today you're in a ten thousand dollars you haven't been in the market. You've been looking for this bottom that everybody's been talking about. Maybe it's bitcoin at sixty four sixty five K, maybe it's XRP at near a dollar. Out of a ten thousand dollars portfolio, how would you split that up in terms of diversified components? Vandel You pick one person, you pick one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So so the way I would look at it, of course, is you have to ask you consider your age, your risk tolerance, your time horizon.
Speaker 4: These are critical facts.
Speaker 1: Let's go with a forty year old, okay, with average risk, because I think there's a lot of people right now, you know, in the market.
Speaker 2: You know average risk. If I look at our own you.
Speaker 1: Know, listeners and viewer demographics, that forty year old is the sweet spot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and time horizon time because matter twenty years, okay.
Speaker 1: Going to sixty where they retire.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So what I would do is, this is something I learned that concentrated portfolios actually perform extremely well compared to portfolios that are spread out too thin, you actually get diluted returns okay, interesting, rather than better performance. And essentially, you want to have something that you preserve your wealth, that has.
Speaker 4: That is timeless. Okay.
Speaker 5: So I would choose precious metals for a small percentage of that portfolio. So for example, two thousand or three thousand dollars in something like gold, okay, you see what I mean. And then the remainding percent of that ten thousand dollars I would put in something that has long term growth potential okay, that has huge asymmetric upside, a very favorable risk to reward profile, and I would get involved in something that is not over extended from a valuation standpoint.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: So for example, the stock market equities market, it's in a parabolic move as we speak. It's in the melt up phase. But if you're a long term investor, now is not the time to be getting involved in.
Speaker 4: The stock market. You're late, okay, you.
Speaker 5: Should have been in several years ago, five years, eighteen, yeah, eighteen months ago exactly. Now you could get in. It will run probably for another several months, maybe a year if you're lucky, but it's going to have its correction at some point, and it could be quite significant. So identifying something that is still significantly undervalued actually gives you the best risk to reward ratio and the most asymmetric upside. And you want something that has long term growth potential. So if you were looking at digital assets, for example, that do have that, it comes down to asset selection because not everything is going to rise over time, and certainly most of these digital assets are likely not going to be here in the next five or ten years because they're not going to be relevant. So I would actually look at something like XRP, something like XLM that have huge amounts of liquidity on their networks, that are notable, that have real use cases and utility, because that increases the long term potential of success over many years in the decades, and they have growth potential. They have institutional interest and backing, so it means they're not likely going to disappear tomorrow because of some event, and they have longstanding history of surviving multiple bull and bear markets.
Speaker 4: So this is a very critical fact.
Speaker 1: Put in any ethereum or bitcoin in that same portfolio, or would you stay strictly on.
Speaker 2: XRP and XLM.
Speaker 5: Well, that goes back to your risks to get yours, don't worry. Yeah, that goes back to the risk tolerance because you see, bitcoin has already made made most of its its moves over the past decade. So you can still have a good performing year and cycle with bitcoin. But because bitcoin has made phenomenal gains over the past decade, as a market or an asset matures, the returns begin to compress.
Speaker 4: This is natural.
Speaker 5: Every investor knows this, okay, So if your goal is to have outsized performance, it's not going to be in bitcoin. That's why bitcoin is being used right now by a lot of wealthy individuals just to preserve their wealth through these cycles. And they don't hold forever. They de risk when it's over extended, they buy back when it's lower, and they keep reaccumulating and repeating the process. But this is a wealth preservation mechanism. It's not essentially I'm going to create wealth with Yeah, so I would go for XRP or XLM.
Speaker 4: Instick.
Speaker 1: Consider that verson all right, So we got gold XRP, XLM with Vendel.
Speaker 3: I have a few things I'd like to share.
Speaker 2: Well, Frank go ahead.
Speaker 3: My friend Edo and I we did a podcast warning people about, for instance, the IPO SpaceX Right.
Speaker 2: Oh that was what a mess?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well we were right about that. And you know, we were trying to tell people and before this happened, that the IPOs are going to be liquidity events for the insiders, not investment opportunities fires at those prices. So we were telling everyone not to get caught up into hype, step back, and of course, protect yourself with assets that have proven they have value. For instance, and in my portfolio, I'm very aggressive with a few digital assets. But to answer your question, you know, gold solves one problem and a settlement bridge is going to solve another. For me, gold is how I preserve my wealth. It's a superior natural store of value.
Speaker 2: And you like physical gold, right of course.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And it's all I buy, and I use cash to buy it too, and a little gray area so there's no digital trace if they ever try to come after me. I'm just kidding, but you know, XRP. It's also a very important tool. And if I may share a theory I have with you, okay, audience, the reason I have many investment standpoints on why I own XRP. But I have a structural theory on why XRP in the next decade, maybe twenty years, could become the most liquid asset in the financial system.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: And we tie it back to how the dollar got to become the most liquid asset in the financial system. And it became the most liquid asset because it was the primary settlement instrument for all evidential obligations.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: And that's where settlement concentrated and liquidity was the result. Right, And that's why the dollar is the most liquid instrument today. That privilege now is being challenged and it's under pressure for the first time in a very long time. Now we are moving into a digital economy, a multipolar world where no single national currency is going to perform the role of the dollar, a duel role where it carries the political risk, the operational cost. It's very expensive now to do trade with dollars because of the debasement trade as well. So the settlement demand is not going to disappear. It's migrating, and that's what we see happening. It's going to look for the least amount of friction and lowest political entankment. Entanglement with the United States and that's again where XRP sits at that exact point where the migration is beginning, and with stable coins now as more regulated digital dollars become programmable in this crypto ecosystem, as more AI agents select the most efficient path without caring about the narrative, and this human emotion sentiment with the political risk gradually being reduced, and the cost of the old rails again keeps rising because of fragmentation. So where am I going with this? The more settlement that is going to happen through XRP, it's not about replacing the dollar as a reserve, but it's going to absorb a lot of that demand for settlement, and that's what's going to eventually result in a restructuring of the isolater on down the road. So it's the fact that the asset XRP, as an investment standpoint, I'm sorry, from an investment standpoint, sits in the middle of where these new flows will eventually have to come through, right, So it's in my portfolio. I'm very aggressive with XRP. I've done incredibly well since we got in a eighteen cents. Yes, the market feels boring right now, it seems like there's no sentiment anymore, and that's okay. You know, that's when you should be paying attention. Really, And I think that does tie into the Clarity Act which you mentioned earlier, because in my view, you know, the Clarity Act is truly theater. And if I may also go on another rant and explain this, is that right. Well, the reason I say the Clarity Acts theater is because Bendela's explained this many times. Also, we have seen patterns in the past with major bills and major headlines that get past these milestones where they just keep the process alive just enough to generate retail sentiment and excitement, and they used as a liquidity exit for the large players. For anyone who's really paying attention to the evolution of money, it's undeniable that finances are going on chain, assets are now being tokenized, transactions are settling in seconds, and Ripple XRPH, Deellar, XLM and a few other major players. They've been building the utility, the compliance, the infrastructure, so they're not really waiting for permission. In many ways, they're the ones writing the rules for the new financial system. So I would tell everyone to ignore the noise. The headlines because it really is going to keep oscillating between the hype and the disappointment for the short term price action.
Speaker 1: Yep, yeah, well, I think to your point is what we have seen around this has been such a yo yo of regulatory.
Speaker 2: Highs and lows.
Speaker 1: I mean, here's another one that happened this week where you know, the Senate was kind of pushed by Trump and then now all of a sudden, you've got all these Russian sanction elements that have just all of a sudden shown up and have now taken you know, kind of the limelight in terms of whether or not claarity even gets voted on at the Senate level. So this is just, to your point, theater at its highest level. And of course this only ops in because we have continued to see versuson the amount of banks. I think the banks are in on this.
Speaker 2: Of course, they're part of the theater.
Speaker 3: The core cases and all the headlines are designed to delay things, of course, but it's buying valuable time for them, if you think about it, because it gives time for more and more countries around the world to test dedollarization. It gives more time for them to buy more gold, right for big funds to keep stacking real assets and test these new settlement systems that we're talking about. It gives more time for the multipolar world to really take shape before the official rules catch up with what's already been decided. And to your point, the banks are involved, you know, the people at the highest levels of government and the financial institutions, they know this is coming. They're quietly doing this and they don't have to announce it on television.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The Clarity Act is simply the moment where the how do I say this, the rule book is going to finally match and catch up to what's the work we've already done, what's been decided.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: So in my bigger picture and view, long term view for this, you know, patience is really our edge right now, and you know, taking a step back look at that bigger picture, it really helps you have this ease of mind where you don't have to constantly worry about the ups and downs in the market.
Speaker 1: What do you guys make of what's happening right now in Japan because you've got net dollar shorts being held by Japanese retail accounts. This is like quadrupled in June quadrupled in terms of truly going at and this.
Speaker 2: Is the retail side of net dollar shorts.
Speaker 1: What does this do Because if Japan continues on this track, We've done a couple of videos on the expansion of Japan's digit ecosystem. Their prime minister is all in on literally you name it XRP to the Japanese stable coin that's now being utilized across most of their retail ecosystems. Plus they just dumped their tax system from fifty to twenty on crypto gains.
Speaker 2: That's a pretty big leap and it's very fast moving. What do you guys think, Well.
Speaker 5: I think Japan is going to eventually run into a run into an issue. That's ultimately how I see this. That's the destination I think they're heading to, and I think they're going to have to respond with some sort of central bank intervention. And ultimately that's how I see it. So because and it's simply because of the nature of the financial system and the debt based mechanics of this system, eventually they're going to run into some problem and they're going to have to step in and inject liquidity into the system.
Speaker 4: That's how much the only direction I see it going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how much of an impact do you think that has on the US securities market?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think that that could spill over, but then we would see a response over here in the West as well, So I think it would be contained largely through central bank intervention and injecting liquidity into the markets.
Speaker 4: But if you're if are you referring.
Speaker 5: To the reverse end carry trade.
Speaker 1: Over The point is is that you've got retail now shorting the dollar in Japan, and this is a this is a significant amount. If that is happening on shorting the dollar, you've got the reverse carry trade maybe fully intact again, but this has been so close to executing forever and they always come in and bail it out at the end.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Verson, how do they how does this play out?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: Like I said earlier, you know, one of the catalysts for not just XRP, but for the entire reverse the unwind of the carry train is that it's getting more and more expensive to use these legacy systems. Yep, right, And that's the real problem here. How long can they buy time? You know, that's the risk now, of course, to what a lot of people have been talking about is if the Bank of Japan accelerates its tightening or so my brother said, central bank intervention, it's going to force rapid appreciation of the end right for sure. But there is deleveraging across global markets, so that's an important factor. Sudden liquidity squeezes, volatility spikes. Now that's where some people speculate, and I'm one of them too, that it could be a catalyst for where this neutral high speed bridge asset can help in this kind of environment, and that would explain why these relationships between the Bank of Japan, the Prime Minister of Japan in the past saying that by twenty twenty five, I think everyone remembers this that all banks in Japan will use XRP YEP, very possible. They already are using it.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: The partnership with Sony and Sony in general. Will you look at what's going on with SBI essentially the JP Morgan of Japan. All of this has been fast tracked in the last three months, and to me, when you move regulation that fast with everybody on board, there's something up. Something is up in Japan. I don't know if they have a plan coming out of this or how they plan to do the unwind. But there is something up.
Speaker 3: There's a time and place for all of it.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, I was going to say, as for the dollars, specifically the DXY, I actually see it rising in the not too distant future, later this year.
Speaker 4: That's what I anticipate.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so known this is from a technical structure. Okay, So from a technical perspective, it seems to be breaking out of this triangle that it's been in, and it aligns perfectly with where we are in the late stages.
Speaker 4: Of the credit cycle.
Speaker 5: So the DXY, I anticipate it is going to strengthen, strengthen a little bit more. And when that does happen, essentially what that means is there's a global contraction in credit in the world. That's basically what's happening when the dollar strengthens. So I see that happening before it eventually rolls over and comes down all the way to maybe ninety two ninety in the low nineties.
Speaker 4: That's how I see it.
Speaker 5: And when it does come down, I actually anticipate that would align perfectly with liquidity being injected into the system and with rates coming down significantly. But I do think the dollar is going to stay consolidating and strengthen before that happens?
Speaker 1: Well, its strengthening right there, as you can see the Dixie on the chart holding at one O one three, and that's been driving up for quite a while too. So maybe to your point, you think it could go higher than that.
Speaker 2: Let me go to the weekly.
Speaker 4: Yes, I do. I think it's going to go higher than that.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, you look right here back in when is this June of twenty five, we were setting at what cheese?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 5: Well, you know what's interesting if you actually look at the DX WYE chart, pretty much every time the dollar has reached.
Speaker 4: Its high, its top.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was actually when bitcoin topped, So interesting correlation there, yes, for sure. But I do anticipate that to happen again and eventually the dollar of the DX why to roll over, and I think that's going to all line.
Speaker 2: Last point I want to hit at.
Speaker 1: You know, for a lot of people right now, they have been waiting for this last capitulation phase. Do you get I think we are in it right now, or at least the beginning of it. Do you think that we have begun the last capitulation phase? Or do you feel like this most recent acceleration from fifty nine k on bitcoin up to where it is right now sixty four or so his sixty five this week, where would you stand verson?
Speaker 3: Honestly, I think we could go lower. And the only reason I say that is really because the geopolitical factor, yeah, which is widely unreported in my view. How you know, it's systemic to today's markets. People don't talk enough about the supply chains breaking down at the end of the day. There could be a liquidity crisis because I think more people are going to worry about putting food on their table than trading the markets. And you know, my final point would be, really, I don't know. I think we could go lower, and that's why I do have cash on the sidelines. But for anybody out there chasing quick returns and reacting to data headlines, that's a mistake, you know. I think people need to about long term, yes, because real wealth is built slowly over months, sometimes even years. For me, it was a few years and it really changed my life. I didn't have instant gratification, So just that long term thinking is really what works today. The transition is obviously being very volatile, but if you have a clear direction of where the signal is instead of the noise, then you know, I think you'll be okay, you'll event very dangerous times right.
Speaker 2: Now, Yeah, no doubt Van Dell.
Speaker 1: When you look at timing here, now we know, all right, we could be in a phase for capitulation into these markets, including coming off the S and P five hundred, which is where we could see rotation of capital coming in. Would you put that in twenty seven, twenty eight on a presidential year or timing wise now is going to get critical?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think the new bull market will actually to begin in twenty twenty seven, and I think it would be even stronger for the outperformance will be even stronger for quality digital assets and the broader crypto market in twenty twenty seven and even into twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 4: That's how I see it.
Speaker 5: And simply because believe they or not, Paul, the cycles have not deviated from their historical patterns. They're following the same the same patterns and if you actually look, I use a lot of moving averages to determine the overall direction and the trend of the market and get a sense of momentum and what's interesting even if you look at XRP, all these other quality digital assets XLM, most of the crypto market are trading below their medium term and long term trends, So they're moving averages, simple moving averages. They're trading below one hundred day moving averages. They're trading below the two hundred week moving average, below the fifty week moving average. This means they are still in a stage four, which is a declining phase of their cycle. They're trading below their thirty week moving average, so the down trend has not finalized. And if you take the context of the macro excuse me, the term election cycle, and where we are in the credit cycle, what's interesting is the every midterm election year has historically been one of the weakest years for the equities market, including.
Speaker 4: The crypto market.
Speaker 5: Okay, now what's interesting is every midterm election year, going right into the midterm elections, you could see Bitcoin in the crypto market has dumped further. So I think it's very premature to conclude that, Okay, this is the bottom, because what we have seen so far has been sure a decline in price. Broadly speaking, in the crypto market, SARPID down more than seventy percent, Bitcoin down more than fifty percent, but we have not seen a full price capitulation, final flush out. We have not seen that yet. So between now and going into the November midterm election and the end of the year, what that means is we still have a window where a lot can happen in between, and historically it has happened where we have seen further price drops in the midterm election November, and even if you look in the historical chart with the equities market, historically September and August excuse me, August September, we typically see a correction in the equities market in midterm election years. Now, if that happens, whether it's a ten percent, twenty percent, if that happens later this year, what do you expect will happen with the crypto market? Even if it is already down, it will come down even lower. And my moving averages I found every bitcoin cycle crypto cycle, the three hundred day moving average was touched okay for bitcoin, which means we could fall even further to fifty four thousand, between forty eight fifty four thousand in that range, it's possible, and we could also go lower if something happens that.
Speaker 4: We don't aren't expecting.
Speaker 5: But basically what I'm what I'm saying, Paul, is there are two types of capitulations. There's a price capitulation which we have not seen yet, and then there's a time based capitulation. And by the time we get to the end of the year Q one January twenty twenty seven, if we have not had a price capitulation, then we can reasonably conclude that, Okay, this one, the timing could be, yes, exactly the case, but we still have time. And every midterm election we have dumped further, so I expect that to happen, and I expected to bring the market down slightly lower than where they currently at currently are right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ninety days essentially to midterms, guys. So here we are end of July, going into early August and November. Early November, we've got midterms hitting. That is exactly the timing here. So this next ninety days is going to be super volatile.
Speaker 2: So get ready.
Speaker 1: We're going to have the guys back on to talk more about this in a few months to kind of cover up and see if we were right or not.
Speaker 2: So you guys know what.
Speaker 4: We could also expect a relief rally.
Speaker 5: I just want to say exactly, which is typical during late stages of.
Speaker 3: The cycle, so accumulation phase of the liquidity cycle too. It's the precise setup for some sort of relief rally or explosive leg higher well.
Speaker 1: And if you're playing short term markets, those are always good to participate it. But if you're looking at long term, it's just another blip on the chart, exactly.
Speaker 3: You know so well, you need a two tier strategy as far as crypto if I make sure, this could be very beneficial to everyone. So I have a three tier strategy where it consists of assets that are outside the system gold.
Speaker 2: Silver, cash, et cetera.
Speaker 3: I do have a tier two where it's specifically my high conviction strategy for the real wave ahead right for a bull market that will ignite when rates do collapse. And these are my core long term holdings which I don't touch. I've been holding them for many years now, xrpx ALMHBR, algorand sahx VLO quant and a few others. And I have tactical opportunities too where I concentrate a large amount in maybe two assets. In this case it's SAHX at VELO, and I wait for the return of liquidity to flood the system. Market starts to have this asymmetric upside, and I cash out ninety percent paid axes and rotate it.
Speaker 2: Be done, yeah, rotate around.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it works.
Speaker 3: It works. So I think everybody needs to be not just sibling sitting idly by and letting inflation outpace how fast you can earn the money. You need to actively engage in the market if you're trading so long term and short term.
Speaker 1: Big time guys, A lot's happening here. We will be covering this in so much more on the podcast, of course. Verssan Vandel, thanks so much for coming in today. We appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Thank you. Paul