Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: You're angry today.
Speaker 3: I feel I feel? What do I feel?
Speaker 2: I want you to feel happier.
Speaker 3: Well, I didn't sleep great last year. That's a problem. That was a problem.
Speaker 2: I slept like a champion, which means I'm in a great mood. This morning.
Speaker 3: I had an.
Speaker 4: I had an We had the air conditioning issue last night, just that the wife was like, hey, seventy five and I was like, that seems that seems cold, and which is fine. I don't mind the power bill. We have solar, but I'm concerned about the it blows on your face kind of thing, like where our bed is and the vent. It's just and she will wrap her head in clothing so that it's not blowing on it.
Speaker 3: But I don't do that.
Speaker 4: And it just became so I just had to well, I just had to sit there. I mean she had to get up before I did, so she won that argument.
Speaker 1: It's wild how much the thermostat can become a marital issue.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, even twenty seven years after that.
Speaker 1: I mean, we used to like fight secretly adjust the thermostat, like leave the and and still to this day, the air conditioning will come on and my husband will say, did you just turn the air.
Speaker 3: On right like you got it?
Speaker 2: Did you turn it down or something?
Speaker 1: And I'm like, no, it's just it reached the temperature where it kicks in. But yeah, but he's got it in his head that I'm like secretly going and screwing with the thermostat.
Speaker 4: Did you use your Dick Cheney weather machine to change the atmosphere in this house?
Speaker 5: Again?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 2: Did you just put on extra blankets and stuff?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: I mean eventually the air condiscer went off. It didn't It wasn't on for very long, but it was. It was just then the dog. And there's a lot the dog.
Speaker 2: What happened with the dog in the air condition but he.
Speaker 4: Was just he would like flop over when his little crate, his nighttime crate, and I would hear it, and I'd think, is he okay?
Speaker 2: Oh, it's like having a baby in the house.
Speaker 4: It is one thousand percent like having a baby with much less breastfeeding, but it's still a lot of concern.
Speaker 1: And ast You wouldn't not be the one with your breasts out in the middle of the night.
Speaker 3: Listen, you don't know anything about me and my parenting.
Speaker 4: Francis highbeed rail network was hit with widespread and criminal acts of vandalism today, they said, including arson attacks, and that has paralyzed travel to Paris from around the rest of France.
Speaker 2: Listen to this line.
Speaker 1: Authorities are not calling it a terror attack, but believe it was intentional sabotage.
Speaker 2: No s Yeah, it was intentional. This just happened.
Speaker 3: It's they said. They condemned them as criminal actions.
Speaker 4: But again to be stupid, they said, but we're not quite sure it was a direct link to the Olympics. Oh okay, so the day of the opening ceremonies. You can't tell whether or not this was designed to completely screw up the opening ceremonies. A couple of trains that were carrying Olympic athletes to Paris on the Western Atlantique line were stopped hours before the opening ceremony.
Speaker 3: One train was canceled.
Speaker 4: Authorities are hoping that the others will become operational, and as I mentioned, weather forecasters predicting heavy rain showers during the opening ceremonies.
Speaker 3: About ninety minutes from noun.
Speaker 4: One meteorologist said it was at Zulos.
Speaker 2: There I pulled up rain in French.
Speaker 4: Ready, okay, well, I said showers specifically, Well, it's gonna be rain.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: And then three hundred thousand spectators are expected to line the banks of the River Seine when the athletes parade through the heart of Parie on a floatilla of barges and river boats.
Speaker 3: Part of the extravagant opening ceremony.
Speaker 2: Huh, I think that's how you say it. What rain? Perie kirie oh, purie purrie, peu piv pewee.
Speaker 4: According to the Times of London, by the way, the food at the Olympic village is below par British Olympic Association says the there have been insufficient quantities of chicken, eggs and some carbs, and some of the meat that's been served has been served raw fire festival.
Speaker 1: I was upset about the boar's head meats. Recall this morning. Remember we talked about lasteria earlier in the week and about how it was affecting some liverwurst and some turkey. It was my my beloved meat company, boar's head. I love bor's head meats, good meat. It's a great meat. I love the different kinds of turkey they have.
Speaker 3: They've got the.
Speaker 1: Spice smoked turkey kind of guy. I'm I'm most turkey kind of a person. I'll do honey turkey, smoke turkey, Cajun turkey, I'll do. You know a turkey pastrami. I love a turkey pastrami. That is great pastraa.
Speaker 2: You know what that is? It under talked about meat turkey pastrami.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's where.
Speaker 2: The sodium content.
Speaker 4: Oh man, when we return the latest on the Kamala Harris endorsement by the Obamas in the most second most awkward call she's taken in the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: You can't find it everywhere? What turkey pastromi?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 4: Apparently I'm losing the man card again thing because of this whole and I'm not sure I quite understand it, because people are coming down one way or the other, like.
Speaker 3: Why you have it so cold? Were you pansy? Or the other one, which is why are you letting your wife win?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 3: Gary, it's Christmas, Texas.
Speaker 4: Are you that big of a nancy that you set their conditioner seventy five. I haven't had mindset above seventy for six months.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: Now, which one of us is the Nancy in that situation where his is set at seventy and it is constantly cold?
Speaker 3: Or me where I like it warmer. I like it hot.
Speaker 1: And that's the fight that I've had with my husband is I he's he's the Nancy because he likes it warmer. I like it cooler. I think it's like a man thing to like the house super cold. I really do. If my dad had like a commercial air conditioner, you just said it, Wait what he like?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's just it's a dude thing, and so it's weird when it's reversed. So me, So me and your husband are Nancys.
Speaker 6: You're starting the show off with.
Speaker 3: Your room is too cold. That's not how we started the show.
Speaker 6: That's sorry for you. I'm praying for you, buddy.
Speaker 3: I hope that thank you break.
Speaker 5: Shannon.
Speaker 3: Hey, Gary, Happy happy Friday. Somebody's working.
Speaker 5: Hey Shannon.
Speaker 6: If your husband gives you any more ripe about the air conditioner and the thermostat, all.
Speaker 5: You gotta do is say hush, old man, Shannon needs your space.
Speaker 3: Have a wonderful weekend. We need more marital advice, that's for certain.
Speaker 2: Why are people dying on the thermostat hill?
Speaker 3: No idea Gugary and Shannon. I took seven years of French in high school and college, and to say its reigning in French is to say ill plot. He'l plat you ill plat. Okay, I'll plot. I still stand by my word because it does mean shower in French.
Speaker 4: Cama, hy, Hey there, ah, you're both together.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's good to hear you both.
Speaker 1: I can't have this phone call without saying to my girl, Kamala, I am proud of you.
Speaker 3: This is going to be historic.
Speaker 4: We called to say Michelle and I couldn't be prouder to endorse you and to do everything we can to get you through this election and into the old Oh.
Speaker 1: My goodness, I said it yesterday. You know this had to have happened within twenty four hours, because yesterday we sat here at this time and all the headlines were ware of the Obamas, where is the endorsement?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 3: They had pressure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they had to come out and make this happen, So.
Speaker 4: That phone call was posted on social media today. They praised Kamala Harris's record of accomplishments. They listed a bunch of her previous roles in what would be, I guess, an argument against an argument against the argument that she was a DEI hire to begin with.
Speaker 1: I mean, I never understood all those headlines being written up because of course they were going to endorse her. What were they going to stay silent in a race against Donald Trump?
Speaker 3: That was never going to.
Speaker 4: Happen, especially considering the amount of consolidation that took place so quickly. Yeah, I mean, the idea of an open primary was squashed within a couple of hours of the announcement on Sunday that President Biden was going to step down from the top of the ticket.
Speaker 3: So that wasn't This is not a surprise. It's not one of those where like.
Speaker 4: Gosh, I'm amazed that the Obamas decided that they were going to endorse. Of course they were, but it is an important thing because that solidifies I mean, that's kind of the last that's the last big building block for her campaign is to have their support behind officially, to have their support behind her. So where it goes from here. Who the hell knows. I mean, we talked yesterday about that. New York Times seen a college pool that said that she is now within two points of Donald Trump, which is within the margin of error. And we know that she's going to get a boost simply because she's grabbing all of the headlines this week.
Speaker 1: Right now, it's all optics. She looks great, she sounds great.
Speaker 2: She's not. The bar was very low with President Biden.
Speaker 3: It was very low.
Speaker 1: With all his appearances where he couldn't find the door, falling down, the steps, having to shorten the steps into Air Force one, all of these things, it was very low. Is he going to fall down? Is he going to stutter? Is he going to freeze? Is he going to have the twenty fifth Amendment stare? So the bar was very low. So of course she's going to come out and she's going to look great, and she's going to say the right things initially, but when people start drilling down into what she believes, similar to JD. Vance, it gets uncomfortable real.
Speaker 3: Quick, gets very murky.
Speaker 4: She is right now, politically speaking, not physically or whatever. Politically speak, she is the shiny object and everybody's attention is on her, That's.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But once you move past the shine and you get into what she believes, it's pretty crazy. It's pretty far to the left. I mean, her voting record is more liberal than Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's not a good thing for her going into into a general election.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be hard for her to overcome.
Speaker 1: I mean, she moves the socialism needle further to the left than Bernie Sanders did.
Speaker 4: Which is hard to do because she had that thing pegged right. She removed the peg and moved it even farther. All Right, more on this political stuff, we'll also get into Trump and Harris, whether they're going to debate what the former president says most recently, all that a bunch of stuff still to come.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six.
Speaker 4: Forty Francis high speed rail network was hit with what they said were vandalism acts, including arson. So travel to Paris from around Europe has been touch and go at best. Today, just hours before the opening ceremonies, I mentioned that there was forecast for some rain. It has been raining off and on in Paris today. But they said about what time is it? About forty five minutes or so from now. They're going to start the opening ceremonies along the river, saying about three hundred thousand people are expected to line the banks of the river for the parade tonight.
Speaker 2: The athletes will be in a flotilla.
Speaker 1: This is the first for the Summer Games instead of a stadium using the river.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: I did see this, and I know this is top of my for you. Oprah and Gail King say that if they were gay, they would tell you. They appeared on Melinda French gates is new interview series Moments that make us, Wow. You really went silent there for a moment. They addressed rumors trying to think of who.
Speaker 3: Were they talking about. They're talking about themselves.
Speaker 1: Yes, they addressed rumors that they had a lesbian relationship. They've shared pretty much everything. But they're not gay. Okay, if we were gay, we'd tell you. They met about fifty years ago working together at a Baltimore news station.
Speaker 3: Uh, okay.
Speaker 4: The political world is interesting today. We saw a meeting yesterday between Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin net and Yahoo and the President and Vice president that Yahoo is in Florida now. He has arrived at Mar A Lago and is going to be meeting up with former President Donald Trump today before he makes his way back to Israel. So there's also a discussion about whether or not there will be a debate or two between the top two candidates at the top of the tickets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were agreed upon when it was Biden and Trump right two debates. Well, now it seems that the Trump campaign is backing out, saying that the Democrats need to figure out who their candidate is and until they do, we will not debate.
Speaker 4: Well, and the Republicans are playing a funny semantic game here that they don't need to. It's basically, well, we don't know if she's really going to be the nominee. They could change their mind at any time.
Speaker 1: It's trying to plant the seed that there's a possibility the Democrats would change their mind we would have a contested convention.
Speaker 4: Well, and they're going to go through with this process of suggesting that she's an illegitimate candidate because she was never chosen by the Democratic Party voters.
Speaker 3: Yes, she was chosen by the party.
Speaker 4: Yes, a Trump campaign communications guy, said in a statement late yesterday, be inappropriate to schedule things with Harris because Democrats very well could change their minds. She then went back on social media and said, quote what happened to any time, any place? Trump told reporters earlier this week, quote, I haven't agreed to anything. I agreed to debate with Joe Biden, but I want to debate with her, and she'll be no different because they have the same policies. I think debating is important for a presidential race. I really do you sort of have an obligation to debate, So, I mean, he at least recognizes that it would be interesting to see who again who if she chooses the vice presidential running mate before August seventh. I think is sort of the self imposed deadline that the Harris campaign is now saying she'll have a choice by them.
Speaker 3: El mio, Oh sorry, did you want me to play?
Speaker 2: The thing it says is mayonnaise? Is that a French word? I feel like it sounds French.
Speaker 3: I believe it is.
Speaker 2: How interesting is it?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: El Mayo is arrested on the eve of the Olympics in France.
Speaker 3: A stretch is it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I just think I'm just connecting some dots here.
Speaker 4: A couple huge drug kingpins got caught up in a sting operation and they said, ladies and gentlemen in the cabin, prepare for we're going to be landing in New Mexico, New Mexico.
Speaker 3: What ky okay, that's what they said.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty Snoop.
Speaker 4: Dogg is everywhere during the Paris Olympics. Apparently he's going to be part of NBC's coverage of the Olympic Games going forward. And he was actually part of the Olympic torch relay today, one of the final torch bearers for the Olympic Front flame is as big in France as he is in the US.
Speaker 3: I would say, yes, I just I don't know.
Speaker 2: American artists are big everywhere.
Speaker 3: That's probably very true.
Speaker 4: That huge wildfire that's burning near Chico has destroyed buildings now, left at least two people injured, thousands of people under evacuation orders in Butte and t Hama Counties. It's called the Park Fire. It's burned over one hundred and sixty four thousand acres again It just started Wednesday and it's at one hundred and seventy five I'm sorry, one hundred and sixty four thousand acres. They said it's the state's largest fire so far this year. And again a guy was arrested yesterday accused of pushing a burning car into a gully near Bidwell Park. They are sending it sixty feet down the embankment. A witness said they saw him get into the vehicle, do something in there, get out of the vehicle, and then push the flame mean vehicle down the embankment. But the that's one hundred and sixty four thousand. The largest fire in the country is burning just north in the Oregon Idaho border area. The Dirky Fire is at two hundred and sixty eight thousand acres.
Speaker 1: We'll get an update on the fire in Lake elsinore coming up after the news at the top of the hour. But drama, drama, drama, and the drug cartel world. An arrest of two top leaders of the Sineloo drug cartel has come after what initial accounts suggests was a dramatic betrayal involving the son of Al Chapo.
Speaker 3: What El Chapo's son learned the.
Speaker 1: Other kingpin under false pretenses onto a plane that delivered them both into the hands of American law enforcement.
Speaker 3: LU Sabilla.
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 3: I knew it?
Speaker 4: Ah, Yes, Ismael Garcia and that apparently is the Ismael is the origin of the Mao is Mayel Mayo, El Mayo, but also the Mayan.
Speaker 6: No no, no no, James Shennon Mayo means he goes from the Mayans, Ah, from the Mayan's you know they accident the Mayans. Yes, I know that it's not a mayonnaise mayo.
Speaker 1: I know, I know it doesn't mean mayonnaise. I just you know, you call mayonnaise mayo.
Speaker 2: Right, That's all.
Speaker 1: He was arguably the most powerful criminal in Mexico.
Speaker 3: He's an older guy in his seventies. Yeah.
Speaker 4: They said he helped found the Sineloa cartel with El Choppo decades ago and was at large even after El Choppo was brought whoops, even though after El Choppo was brought to the United States. Now, the other person that was caught by the way two drug kingpins, El Mayo and El Chappo's son.
Speaker 1: Joaquin Guzman Lopez. He they and he and another one of his brothers had inherited a large swath of the drug business US following Dad's capture.
Speaker 4: Now, this is a weird thing because they were somehow able to get these guys on a small plane.
Speaker 2: Well, he was in on it.
Speaker 1: It sounds like El Chappo's son was in on it because he persuaded mister Zimbona sorry El Mayo, to join him on the flight by saying they were going to go look at real estate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not clear why he did that.
Speaker 4: I mean, he's probably got a sweet he's got a huge deal. Yeah, that's the only way that you're going to be able to do that. It's the only way that you're going to be able to convince somebody to give them.
Speaker 2: Well, we've all saw the Godfather.
Speaker 4: The arrests have been hailed as a major victory for US law enforcement. Obviously, El Chapo's sons, known as Los Chapitos, are among the world's leading smugglers of fentanyl. Merrick Garland said in a statement, fentanyl is the deadliest drug, our drug threat our country has ever faced, and they're just this Department will not rest until every single cartel leader, member and associate responsible for poisoning our communities is held accountable.
Speaker 1: Such a bittersweet arrest, probably just like the capture of El Chapo, because El Chapo, yes, run ran the Cineloa cartel, but also did a lot for people of Mexico.
Speaker 4: You mean like it's like writing the well, yeah, taking care of people.
Speaker 2: This guy probably does the same thing.
Speaker 3: Like the Mob does. Yeah. Ah, just like the Mob. Everybody's got a little bit of gold in their heart.
Speaker 1: You've seen the Godfather have all Right, we'll get an update on the fires burning in California when we come back to Gary and Shannon.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 4: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.