Speaker 1: All right, thanks to everybody that came out to our big Live by Lows opening day party yesterday, Rollertown Beer Works to a big party and we were out there doing our show. This segment is brought to you by Rollertown Beer Works. That's the brewery out there in Salona. The Ben and I are partners in and yesterday we were celebrating baseball season and our new premium pillsner, the one thirty three. It's a collaboration with Ranger Nation. That's the section they made famous. It is a baseball drink and pillsner. It is damn good. And everybody who came out yesterday, Man, we gave away fifty cases of beer yesterday. God, that's the most beer I've ever heard given away. It was It was wild. And if you think about the humble beginnings of Rollertown, the idea that one we would ever be a Globe Life field, right, and two that we would have fifty cases of beer to give away incredible. And just so you know, Live by Lows has a Rollertown Beer on tap. They've got beer at Globe Life.
Speaker 2: We also have.
Speaker 1: Man, we were out at the h the Pop Love event at the Truck yard in colony last week, and I was getting Premium one thirty three Pilsner on tap at truckyard in the colony. They got the big German at the truck yard in Dallas.
Speaker 2: Uh. Kanye Rosso all.
Speaker 1: Their locations, all the pluckers' locations.
Speaker 2: Carries big German. Uh.
Speaker 1: And then of course, man, we're gonna be cranking at pretty much every Tom Thumb yes in North Texas.
Speaker 2: Crazy. Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 1: We're going into like eighty Tom Thumb's all HB yeah, clack.
Speaker 2: Or that I appreciate. This is love for Rollertowner. That's great. Yeah, yeah, colal wine and more HB.
Speaker 1: So anyways, if your favorite establishment does not have Rollertown beer Works, ask him for it. Say hey, you're Benny Keith Repp can hook you up. Benny Keith's our distributor, and they will get that Rollertown in your spot. By the way, that might have been presumptuous of us. They may have been cheering for Tom Thumb, not Rollertown. You guys cheering for Tom Thumb. Okay, Rollertown, Wow, wow, very good. How do you feel about Krogerigkroger Oh hey, gp hey, jeepne Robertson's fans of.
Speaker 2: The house.
Speaker 3: Give it up for minyards.
Speaker 2: So that's the end of the spot. And right now it's time for this. This thing's big, right man.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of hoops chaos last night that we should talk about.
Speaker 1: Tell me because I I hate that I missed the fun of the duke Texas Tech stuff happening simultaneous.
Speaker 3: Texas Tech is always the national champions.
Speaker 2: He's right.
Speaker 3: They got down sixteen to Arkansas.
Speaker 4: They're a three seed, Arkansas a ten seed, so Texas Tech favorite to win. John Callam party coaches Arkansas. Now, which I've learned in the last couple of weeks, it's very strange.
Speaker 1: It is weird that a guy goes from Kentucky to Arkansas.
Speaker 3: And uh, Texas Tick is down by sixteen.
Speaker 4: At one point they were down thirteen to four and a half minutes left and then found a way. They gritted their way to victory. They were not shooting well at all. Their best player was struggling because Arkansas was bigger, and they just they got through it and they advanced and they will take on Florida tomorrow in the Elite eight.
Speaker 3: So go to Texas Tech.
Speaker 1: They got this little like five eight guy named Hawkins, and he little bitty guy, but he's all over the floor defending, and he was having a terrible game. I think he was zero for seven from three and then hit a three with about a minute to go it overtime, after just bricking everyone, he threw up.
Speaker 2: He just switched one. It was really wild. Yeah.
Speaker 3: In Texas Tech, like they're they're old.
Speaker 4: Their coach now is the former coach at UNT, the North Texas head coach was promoted. He left North Texas to go to Texas Tech. So that's why I really care about it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Plus your wife is all recommend yah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we were talking about maybe going to cousin tomorrow.
Speaker 3: We'll see what happens. Oh, dude, not to see what happens. That's a creatu.
Speaker 4: The Lakers, which I don't like. We talked about the MAVs earlier. I don't like knowing about the Lakers, but I liked what happened yesterday. It was good.
Speaker 2: You want the Lakers to lose.
Speaker 3: Giddy Fest.
Speaker 2: Now he's a big Chicago guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Bulls are back wash him. Growing up with WGN. Bose are the clown all that stuff. You know, Bozo dubbed over. Bozo dubbed over the wild game. The Bulls hit a miraculous three to go up, and then the Lakers go down and Austin Reeves I did it first today he scores.
Speaker 1: Did you guys see the Austin Reeves almost game winner last night?
Speaker 2: I beat him to go Cart's who they go to when they need to go ahead. Bucket.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So if there's three seconds left and then they throw they inbounted to Giddy and he nails a half court shot and it's just chaos.
Speaker 1: He made a half court shot to win it after Reeves hit what would have been the game winner just two and a half seconds previously.
Speaker 4: It was like, you know in horse racing there's a photo finish. It was the photo finish of basketball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like there was a lot happening. Uh.
Speaker 1: And then Giddy if you weld, let Giddy just shoot a wide open three from just right at the three point line.
Speaker 2: He probably would have missed that.
Speaker 1: He but he drilled a half court shot in Lebron's face to win the game. His three point shooting percentage has gone up this year, but he doesn't shoot a lot of them.
Speaker 2: But Giddy.
Speaker 3: You know, it's like when you go, hey.
Speaker 1: There's an incredibly talented basketball player, but he can't make threes. You go, well, he's twenty two and he's already really good, right, and you give up on him, and Josh Giddy is going to be a great NBA player.
Speaker 2: Jay Kid learned how to shoot threes late, right.
Speaker 4: Hey, if the NBA three point line was the high school three point line, Giddy would kill it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, that's a good joke. That's a good joke.
Speaker 3: That Turner.
Speaker 1: Look at him tipping his cap to the great He's been crushing all this underage sex humor all day.
Speaker 2: Well done, k T look at that.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: But lastly, there's a guy in Gavin Mallowie who we know very well. I like Gavin.
Speaker 4: I've met a million times. Gavin, who you know, did work for the MAVs. He was in the back in the day, former event and venue manager.
Speaker 1: So basically what happened, Gavin was running like the bomb fast he read and then he left to go up to Legacy Hall, and he ran Legacy Hall and then he didn't, like you know, booking shows up, Norris, like I want to get back down to the South. So first he was working for MAVs Gaming, and then he moved into an event role with the Mavericks. And he's been gone for a couple of years now. I'm trying to remember if he left. I think it was probably about a year after the pandemic or something like that. He currently still book shows and he's also the manager for a group that is really blowing up called Cure for Paranoia. They're getting like a bunch of festival gigs and stuff, and and Gavin is managing them on the s.
Speaker 3: House soundtrack too. They are check that out right.
Speaker 4: Well, he had a post on Facebook and it was a quote Cuban should be run out of Dallas, And there's a lot of Mark Cuban comments on the post there A ton I got the comment section is lit, but the one that really is getting play and it's taken it off to multiple outlets including WFAA is a Mark Cuban did say that he made money too. Out of twenty three years that he was the majority owner, lost one hundreds of million dollars. But then he said, I fully expected to run basketball, but the NBA wouldn't let me put it in the contract.
Speaker 3: They took it out.
Speaker 4: I thought the Addamsons would stick to their word because they didn't know the first thing about running a team. Somebody obviously changed their mind. And again, that's just the beginning of a lot of stuff. Yeah, that's in there, but that's the one. And I didn't see the story, but Ben, I heard you talking about this. Adam Silver is denying that claim, denying it.
Speaker 1: I saw it just during a commercial break here a boober Jacks. I saw the headline. He's denying that that ever happened. I can understand the idea that a transaction for a basketball team would not include a personal services contract. I get that, but I can't imagine a situation where the NBA would say you can't I sign a personal services contract because you know the league is full of Oh I don't know personal service contracts. Yeah, like every GM has one, So I don't know that. I when I read that this morning, I was thinking, that doesn't make sense to me. But that's between Cuban and the Adelsons, and so we will never know the truth like they.
Speaker 2: You know, we weren't there.
Speaker 1: I don't know what was said or what wasn't said, but I can understand that not being having anything tied to ownership of a team, because why would the other owners say, all right, well we don't need this. I get that, but if that was promised to Cuban, then Cuban should have gotten a contract for it, I would think, but you know, I wasn't there.
Speaker 4: Youman also said that post that the NBA wouldn't let the Celtics put one end with them and their new deals, that and a lot going on put what in I guess that personal service contract. So the Big Days post said the NBA wouldn't let me put it in the contract. They took it out, just like they won't let the Celtics.
Speaker 3: Put it in.
Speaker 1: Well, what the Celtics are dealing with is a big portion of their ownership is private equity, and the NBA has rules that you can't have more than twenty percent be allocated to private equity.
Speaker 2: So that six point one billion dollar sale is on hold.
Speaker 1: But regardless, this is it's smart of Cuban to be vocal about that. He wouldn't have made this trade happen or whatever. Right, Yeah, yeah, I mean because because everyone is like, oh my god, if Cuban had just retained basketball could ops Yeah, we'd still have Luca and I have a problem. I mean, look, Gavin's my homie, but I have a problem with people implying that Cuban did some greedy thing by celt the team. I can guarantee you what he said is accurate about losing one hundreds of millions dollars. That's why people that own a casino wanted to buy the right. They saw it as distressed or whatever, because he wasn't trying to milk every penny out of the fan base. He was like, tickets were cheap, yeah, when you know they're like middle of the league and re even though they're in a top four market. It was a very affordable NBA game to go to because Cuban did not try to milk every single dollar.
Speaker 2: Out of the fans.
Speaker 1: But it is odd though he still owns twenty eight percent of the team, So it's weird to see him trashing the deal and then almost saying that the owners went back on the deal because like, dude, you're he still owns a over a fourth of it. What I would say about that man, And while I realize that makes sense, keep in mind another guy who owned the team was Ross Pro Junior and they suit each other every year NonStop.
Speaker 3: So that's that.
Speaker 2: Ain't that?
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 2: Ain't that abnormal for crazy rid people? Hey, awesome squeak again. Yeah, thank you to Boomer Jacks. Thank you to the Renegade.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is amazing kind of thank you to the Brahmas too, Almas.
Speaker 2: Too, they got a great fan base.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll never forget the time KT looked Bob Stoops dead in his eye and he.
Speaker 2: Said, do what you want with it.
Speaker 1: We'll find out, And bob Stoops he after out and found out. All right, stick around, Christina's going to fire off some music next right here on the eagle, going, well, so I'm gonna get some cheeks after this horsepower is drunk