Speaker 1: Phone number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. Easily the weirdest emails that I get are overnight. Sorry, we would just send me the strangest stuff, dude. All right, so coming up on the show, well it is Thursday, so you know, got that going for us. Obviously, got some big weather stuff to talk about. We'll be checking in with Ray Stagic a couple times this morning obviously seven forty eight forty five, So folks obviously getting ready down there in Florida, and ain't gonna be no joke some parts of North Carolina what we're going to be seen. So in addition all the political stuff and the wacky stuff and things like that, we will we will be getting into all of that coming up as as the show unfolds. All right, let's see here, I was just looking at this this morning. We got Steven at eight o five, right, all right, yeah, yeah, yeah, So we'll we'll check in with uh NERD correspondent uh uh are are are are? I call him that out of affection, just so we're clear, Stephen Kent. But yeah, we got we gotta talk yet another intersection of culture and uh entertainment. But is it entertainment or the message. As a critical drinker likes to say, so, uh, even if you don't play video games, a lot of this is gonna be comparable to what you saw with Disney. Okay, and the snow White movie if you remember obviously all that like that was one of those that should have been in easy putt for you know, these live action remakes, but no, the actresses, one in particular, although both were out there doing it. Uh. The two main actresses then did a sit down which was just disastrous, right with the the one who plays snow White. I don't even remember her name right now, and I'm okay with that, you know, out there basically trashing on the story and then and then telling everyoney, oh, it's going to be different, and here's how it's going to be different. And the whole thing was not received well. And if you remember, Disney had to like stop there to change out the whole dwarf mechanism in it does that turned into its own thing, and then you know, eventually we found ourselves with the delayed movie. This is on the video game side of things, but one of the big produced video game companies out there, Ubisoft, They make Assassin's Creed, and we talked about this on the show previously, But if you don't remember, each iteration of Assassin's Creed has been thematically set somewhere in time, So I admit I don't remember all of them. Are what are a couple of the examples. Sorry, I'm not an Assassin's Creed player. Well, it's been set in like colonial.
Speaker 2: Times was one of them, right, And you know, but the first game was like a Jerusalem, then it went to Italy, like Rome, I believe in Venice.
Speaker 1: I just remember watching people shoot Red Coach.
Speaker 2: Yeah recently, Yeah, I recently played that game.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It takes place during you know, in the Thirteen Colonies.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, so. But but what the game was screaming out for, according to fans, at least from what I can you know, what I can read and understand is the whole game felt like it had to have a Samurai thing, right, and so the idea that this current one that they're getting ready to release, although things have changed to getting ready to release, would be set in feudal Japan, right, the the the era of Samurai, of Shogun of all of that. Uh, the fans were really excited, right, because this is this is what the game felt like it was anyway, and now it's going to be. And then they decide to go with a fictional story. Not that the not that the the small pieces of it weren't somewhat accurate. Nobody can tests that there wasn't this dude who was literally gifted essentially to the Japanese emperor at the time, largely due to the fact that he was black and he looked so different and at the time, anyone who was foreign who got into Japan, they just killed you. This zup, you're done. But he was received as a gift. I believe it was from merchants or travel from Africa or no, I don't remember where they were from, but anyway, they gifted him. And there is small historical record of this individual showing up but fighting in some instances. But it was then romanticized by a professor who looks like I think he's British or something, but he teaches over in Japan. Maybe he's an American, and he basically created this whole story about how he was the secret first black Samurai and you know he was he was out leading things and all of that, and that like none of none of that is backed up by what we know, which the answer is we don't know a lot. And but also that was the wokest decision. And it's not just that it's a bunch of stuff, because once you irritate the face and remember this game was expected to be super duper extra big in Japan, right, And so once you tell your Japanese audience, forget the Americans just going, you just had to put the woke stuff in there, didn't you. Once you told that to the Japanese, they damn near are revolting over the game.
Speaker 2: I mean, this wasn't complicated. You had a game that was based upon stealth and parkour and hiding in the shadows. Right, it's an assassin. It's an assassin game. All you needed to do is put it in Japan and make it like a ninja thing. That's all you had to do. And they went, I think there is like a ninja in the game, but it's like you said, there's a samurai. But they got every literally everything wrong. They got the language wrong, they got the customs wrong, the culture wrong, they got the arch culture wrong, the season's wrong, everything is wrong. So the Japanese people not all of but a lot of them are like revolting. They don't eve want to play the game.
Speaker 1: They're like they well wait, but what I'm saying is, here's the give you an example of the little stuff. So there's a scene in the trailer where there's bags of rice open, spilled out on the street and they're kind of fighting through there. And I think if you hadn't irritated people with screwing around with the whole main storyline, you wouldn't have had people in Japan nitpicking it going. You understand that during that time, rice was a form of payment to cover your taxes. We would never leave at willy nilly in the street, or those are the wrong trees to be in bloom that time of the year. Those are the things that audiences will kind of put up with, except for like the really really hardcore. But once you once you get them triggered over the one thing, now they're going to chew your game up.
Speaker 2: Just it makes no sense. Like I said, the first game took place in the Middle East at Alta Air. He was Middle Easter, right, and then then the second one, Enzio was from Renaissance Italy. He was an Italian and.
Speaker 1: We know he was Italian. Well they work at Olive Gardener.
Speaker 2: He did. Yeah, oh, because breadsticks move was amazing. But there and does the third game. The third game, you had somebody come over from England and he was, you know, an an English guy in the colonies.
Speaker 1: Oh and now.
Speaker 2: And now this game you've got right, the main protagonist is a black dude in feudal Japan. But everything about it is wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So it's so bad that Ubersoft yesterday they're under attacked by their own shareholders. And you know what, good good that's because here's the thing. It's not government, it's it should be the free market. And when you uh, well, we have news now that they're going to be delaying the launch of the game at least until February. I don't know how much you're gonna screw with it. I don't think you can. I don't think you can take a big, big, big game like this and rewrite the whole main protagonist. Can you in in in five months? No way?
Speaker 2: No, especially when they are like three thousand people they said we're making this game. Yeah, three thousand.
Speaker 1: You could just swap that person out, plus the storyline side. So I don't know. Maybe they're like, maybe they'll forget by February. I don't know. But this statement is everything that's wrong that these companies fail to realize. I mean, the investors are realizing it. Ubisoft got kicked in the teeth yesterday and that's what prompted this. Ubisoff's executive Committee and Board of Directors will launch an investigation and a review of the company. This following the company's release of a financial statement and update, which included the delay of Assassin's Creed. Well what do you think that did to their stock price yesterday? And shockingly, the announcement that Star Wars Outlaws may have underperformed, which is a very nice word when you actually realize how much it underperformed. But let me read this right here we go, I gotta read their whole statement. Uh, this is from the CEO. Let me address some of the polarized comments around Ubisoft lately. I want to reaffirm that we are an entertainment first company, creating games for the broadest possible audience, and our goal is not to push any specific agenda. It is it is, But I here's what I think. I think. I think it is so baked into what Wall Street or companies have convinced themselves is the normal. And I'll give you an example. You ever try to argue with somebody who's all right, so it's you know, some leftist moon bent on there and they're arguing the thing, and you're not even pushing back. You're just kind of you know, you're using examples of you know, uh, like, here's my opinion, what's your You're have an actual disco worse, And then rather than discussing the point, they say something like, look, this isn't politics, this is human rights, okay, which is which is an absolute communist intellectual tool. By the way, right, you want to you want to separate your cause, right, so it's not comparable or it's not comparable contrastible to somebody who may have an opposite opinion. Their opinion is is bad. Your opinion is you're championing human rights that you you've heard that a thousand times, right. And I think that there's there's just too many of these idiots up in management, especially in middle management. I think the CEOs. Obviously there's some that are cooked, but for the most part, it's you know, it's so beaten into people's brains at the university level, within the middle management, you gotta be down with the DEI all this stuff that they don't like. It's not normal doing that to a video game. It's not normal. Giving press uh you know, press conferences, crapping all over the storyline which is a beloved storyline of your movie. It's not normal. And yes, if a CEO or leadership, if they want to go out and they have some cause azure, then they better be able to react to people who feel that it is literally screwing up your product, unnecessary or heavy handed. Look, you know, iHeart we're a big company if that. Every year they put out a report and an annual report which is a public document, and it highlights what was the company up to. And it also focuses on the charitable stuff, right and and iHeart does a ton of it, and and yes we do LGBTQ stuff, but we also do like police stuff and in girl Scouts and boy Scouts and and you know it's it's it's a real you could beat somebody to death with this document. And then there's some there's some bigger things that that are company. I'm not speaking on behalf. I'm just pointing out that, like, we do a lot of this, but also, if you know, if our CEO decided his pet project is f them kids, right, And so every every week it's just us highlighting kids in need and go and f those kids. Right, Maybe pull your bootstraps, get some gumption, you know that kind of crap, right, you'd be horrified. Got to be fair, some kids need to motivate, but it would be it would be mind numbingly stupid, because for the most part, people like kids, and for the most part, video game players like video games that make sense and are not political because they want to play video games. And so I think that what I honestly, I think the person who probably penned this, which wasn't the CEO, but you know, somebody in that you know, that c suite communications thing, that person probably can't understand why people are upset. And when your company's build up with that, you're just asking for this to be a problem. How much money is Ubisoft gonna lose? How much money did Sony just lose? How much money did Disney lose? And I look at it and all I can think is, are we on the verge of a potential course correction on some of this stuff, because at the end of the day, you can say, I'm not going to do business with this company anymore. But maybe you like stuff. Maybe you like the Assassin's Creed game. That's the thing too. They're like the people who are the most critical. They're saying don't like the game. No, they do, or they wouldn't care.
Speaker 2: They like the way it was. The problem is they're creating, whether it's movies or video games, they're creating a product for an audience that doesn't exist well, insulting the audience that played it.
Speaker 1: Yes, started the Star Wars I should call it this Star Wars strategy or something. I don't know, but like it's so if I if I just asked the random person give me five examples this, you probably could. Even if you're not an entertainment reporter. Somebody's particularly plugged in because you watch it unfold in real time. So yeah, I think that the leadership at Ubisoft probably thinks, no, everything's normal, what's their problem? But the financials don't lie.
Speaker 2: The Tokyo Game Show kicks off today. It's for the next three days and.
Speaker 1: They're going protesting there.
Speaker 2: What they took. They took away the booth for this game on the floor that it's not going to be. That's bad.
Speaker 1: These are all really big deals that maybe don't mean as much to you know, be and you and all that. But that's that's insane. I don't know if you know this Tokyo pretty good video game market, big show, right.
Speaker 2: I believe that's also in Japan. Correct, let me check this game is a Japan.
Speaker 1: I was a pretty finalist in the geography, that is true, and I was, but it was also Wyoming, so you know, Pulse got you there, all right anyway, So yeah, that's a dumpster fire. We'll be back, that's right, hanging out with that crew that I probably couldn't pay any of you a million dollars to spell you probably for a million, but you know what I mean. And you know these they talk about all the different issues. They should have a whole laundry list, and and you know, frankly with Joe Biden right now, just you know, just spending the ten minutes or whatever you have, like who's running things, what's going on? That would be a good use of ten minutes. And then Stephanie Rule from MSNBC caught herself a not live pre recorded interview with Kamala Harris, and we'll get to that. Ross won't stop using the word holistically though this morning, and it's getting obnoxious. So how many times you could think you could work the words just on a normal day? How many times a day do you think you could work the word holistically into whatever conversations you have without people going that's weird.
Speaker 2: So you want to do like the super Troopers me out thing.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm just how many before people go gosh, he uses that word a lot? You know, that's a thing in radio, h the word crutches or speech crushes, not just in radio. And literally if a radio guy, here's another radio guy using a word a lot more than usual, they'll tell them.
Speaker 2: I pointed this out to you about a month ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the word wild was using wild too much because because it becomes a crutch and then it like clicks. The thing what I used to do is I'd write it down on a piece of paper in front of me and I'd be like, oh, don't use that word and what You're just trying to normalize your speaking because it sounds weird.
Speaker 2: I know, I've got like, how many notes do you think I have here, my boy, I'm counting like at least like fifty seven or something. They all say olive garden.
Speaker 1: All that, though, is watching a fill in the first time. Look at your board and it's you know, eighteen hundred's quality, and also all your toys and all your notes, and it's it's got to be deeply terrifying. So anyway, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, olive garden is written everywhere and yet won't shut up about it. So when I'm listening to Kamala Harris at a softball interview, do this and.
Speaker 4: Assistance to state and local governments around transit dollars and looking holistically at the connection between that and housing, and looking holistically at the incentives we in the federal government can create for local and state governments to actually engage in planning in a holistic manner. That includes prioritizing affordable housing.
Speaker 1: Holistic but affordable housing. Right, What does that answer even mean? And that's not even the dumbest one, that's just the one. What's like, how did you use holistically three times in there? Unless this, unless you were talking about the word and its definition, you used it too many times without ever answering the question. I'm telling you, are you? Are you ready center yourself? Center yourself.
Speaker 5: For this?
Speaker 1: Although hold, I gotta get them over on different channels due to do Sorry, important technical thing should have been thank you? All right? Ready, let me get the well, get the zither music here?
Speaker 6: Expanding that child tax credit?
Speaker 1: No too loud? Here we go, all right, Kamala, say something even worse.
Speaker 6: Spanding that child tax credit? Or you mentioned housing before giving that extra money for a first home. If you can't raise corporate taxes, or if GP takes control of this, where do you get the money to do that? Do you still go forward those plans?
Speaker 1: And all right? And I'm gonna I'm gonna stop at what we play, but I need i because I want you to make no bones about what the question is. The question is, and it's one that has been asked a thousand times, a thousand different ways throughout our political system. If you find yourself in a situation where your party doesn't control all the levers of government, specifically in this case, the the Congress and more specifically the House, which has to originate spending bills, or at least should They've got a bunch of tricks, But how do you accomplish these things you say you want to do, they are going to require a lot of money. That's an incredibly fair question. What do you want to do if you're not able to have control of funding and bills, how do you how do you attempt to accomplish it? And the correct answer is, you know, we're gonna have to partner, We're gonna have to uh, we're gonna have to horse trade or whatever that's used to be what you'd say, and then people call you a rhino or whatever the Democrat version of it is, and nobody'd be happy. But you better have an answer for it, even if it's one about you know, we have to convince Republicans what we're doing is that's I know it's boilerplate, but at least you're addressing the question.
Speaker 6: Here we go expanding that child tax credit, or you mentioned housing before getting that extra money for a first home. If you can't raise corporate taxes, or if GOP takes control of the Senate, where do you get the money to do that? Do you still go forward those plans and borrow?
Speaker 1: Well, but we're gonna.
Speaker 4: Have to raise corporate taxes and we're gonna have to raise. We're gonna have to make sure that the biggest corporations and billionaires pay their fisher That's just it. It's about paying their fair share.
Speaker 1: Well, I I think Biden could have put a more coherent answer. I'm serious. It depends on the time of the day and what's going on around him. I think I think Biden just with his years and years though it might be automatic, but you know, he could approach it in a well, look, I've formulated relationships over the years, and we're gonna work on those relationships. And if we need to change the tax coach is I think Congress does, then we'll make our case. Or he could do the angry thing. He's like, well, we won't let him, and we'll hold postage their pet projects. Right, Those are the two normal Washington answers. She was just asked, if you're not able to do this thing, what do you do? And she's like, we do the thing, yeah, but you're not able to do the thing, So how do you still accomplish the other thing? Well, we got to do the thing, and rules like I good enough. Next crazy question. But if you thought the softballs were getting slung over there, it took a much weirder turnover on the view. First of all, Joe Biden, if you're any of kamalists people, you had to hear this and do the thing like off stage or go his second air through your gritted teeth. Oh, don't say that. And his vice president.
Speaker 6: There wasn't a single thing that I did that she couldn't do, and so I was.
Speaker 3: Able to delegate her responsibility on everything from foreign policy domestic policy.
Speaker 1: I'm Donald Trump and I approved this man. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, take that bad boy. Wait, so the person who is the vice president who is now running to be president may have been delegated literally what did he say? A foreign and domestic policy? So that's all the stuff, right ross, would you check foreign policy and domestic policy? Would that encompass all policies?
Speaker 2: Sure, let me put that through the AIO machine. Yes it does, Yes, it does.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, So everything pretty much? So the border, right, But you.
Speaker 2: Know what's important as we move forward, but.
Speaker 1: The boarder, I just want to make sure I understand all your policies foreign and domestic. So the border, right, that would be one that's arguably that's a little bit of both. So you know obviously that one's going to be square Afghanistan withdrawal. Does that fall under foreign policy or domestic policy? At least one of them? I believe it. It falls under one of them, and probably two of them. Since you're talking about US troops, dude, you want to talk about the size of that bus. Is is not a small bus and Kamala Harris loves talking about buses. So you just got thrown under one. And then when he wasn't doing that, Joe Biden was pretending to squash Trump like a bug. Though he he didn't. He didn't start it. And I again, I know we're in this crazy time and obviously there's assassination attempts and words have meaning and all that stuff. Do I think he's calling for for Trump to die? No, I think he's going along with what the uh cackling hens on the on the view have to say. But it's still not a good look right now.
Speaker 2: He just wouldn't go.
Speaker 1: It was like a bug. He just kept this is by the way, whoop he's referring to Trump.
Speaker 2: He just wouldn't go.
Speaker 1: He was like a bug.
Speaker 2: He just kept being there.
Speaker 1: Who was like a like a bug right there? So you felt and then Uh, obviously it's radio. So what you see is you see Biden slap his hand like you slap a fly that landed on the counter in front of you, although you'd have to have my ninja like skills to get it. But anyway, so yeah, yeah, that's what he was doing. So let's see specifically, uh whatever the whole setup here, I mean again, it was it was said joking, it was uh whoopee was complaining that while hosting that Trump was an annoying insect that no one had been able to successfully show away. I gotta play the guy from Idaho again, talks to heaven and things. You know. No, so if you believe that again, every little bit counts, Every little bit counts. Yeah it was. There was nothing of substance that really came out of it other than some fun audio cuts. By fun, I mean uh so flagellating. Really all right, six forty six case O Day radio program and not the only Politico throwing out some interesting verbage. And remember how I told you my favorite thing currently watching like CNN or MSNBC is when they go to the black barber shop or we get a pay The MSNBC just had a panel of undecided black voters. Right, and whoever's whoever's doing the roundtable or hosting the group right, starts asking them questions and it's clear the answers are not what they expected. Right from the CNN. Dude it went and got himself a new Jordan shirt, right, it showed up at the black barber shop and they started talking about Kamala Harris. I heard she wasn't black, like that whole thing was off the rails. We played that audio for you. It happened again, Yeah, kind of. We'll get into that coming up here on the KCO Day radio program. We got Daisy Ridley has got thoughts. We have some other game developer and whatever it's. This is part of the larger discussion, a larger question. At what point you get kicked in the teeth enough financially you go, you know what, maybe what we're doing is not working. Because what happens is, especially if you're a publicly traded company, you start to you start to delve into fiduciary responsibility stuff, right, and the responsibility that people in charge of these companies have to shareholders, and you know, the shareholders will let you know they're upset a couple of ways. They'll not invest, but they'll sue you and I. That is what in this case, ubersofs wanted to get in front of and literally on the day that's going on, I'm reading all of these folks in entertainment are just like, Noah, screw you. You guys. Remember Mackelmore? Remember Mackelmore. I can't remember his real name. It's like the most Irish Scottish thing ever, but whatever. So he is a a musician from Seattle and his big baby is his only hit or his big hit? I admit I don't know. Is thrift shop? Right? These are the days? Well? That's a cover, right, is it the same as? These are? Okay? As who's sang that? Trying to remember who's sang these are the days? Now? Now, these are the days of our lives? That is, queen, these are the days Lauren Daigel. Yeah, somebody else did it. So I don't know. Is that a cover of a cover?
Speaker 5: All? Right?
Speaker 1: Here we go, Oh so it's not. It's not Van Morrison's. That's that's what I was thinking. Okay, it's not cover. Okay, all right, different same title. That's always wondering, which, by the way, if you want to cover Van Morrison, that's fine. I dig on some Van Morrison. But and if it's entertaining, great. The problem is he was doing a concert the other day and decided to Jack Black himself a little, which, by the way, I noticed something ross I never saw on the streaming all the Jack Black movies and now there's like a Jack Black collection on one of the streaming platforms. Do you think that's a coincidence considering the problems he just had down and self inflicted. I might add where his partners out there like, oh, they should have shot Trump again or what. I can't remember what that idiot said. But I just think it's interesting because I'm like, you know, you have a Jack Black collection on this streaming service. It's like School of Rock and some other stuff. And by the way, I had no appetite for it. But also I wonder if his people are like, oh, we need to get our stuff streaming out. There's the Remember that I'm not a lunatics. Sometimes I'm funny. I don't know the answer to that. So anyway, Maclamore is on stage and he's screaming or attempting to get the crowd to chant it. So he's not just saying he's trying to get the crowd chant f America. That not received well. And in fact, the music fa is not our music festival. It's another one called Neon City, which is a big music fest going on in Vegas. They have removed mackelmore from it, and so then by people say, oh, it's free speech. The organizers of that are not government. So one, you're an idiot, but two, this is the culture that you want it. And also I don't know that I think people are getting tired of it. I think most people for the most part, over the years have rolled their eyes when some artists is up there getting an oscar right and decides to use it as a minute to well, we just learned to tune it out. The problem is you've all done it, and you've also done it to the point where now you're accusing people of not doing what you want because your ego is not in check of you know, being domestic terrorists stuf and for you're one of these lunatics. So now people are listening to what you're saying and they're reacting to it.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I kind of feel like that woke wave has sort of started to pull back.
Speaker 1: No, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's what it feels like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, because you're seeing consequences out there. I how Disney doesn't like talk to their artists before they do interviews. I mean to the extent that you can. But is this productive? Imagine being somebody who's who's who the return which a lot of a lot of times when you get compensated in Hollywood, a big chunk of it is return based. They caught you to get points or any of that. Can you imagine being somebody who's got who's got a little skin in the game, and one person in the whole project can essentially financially tank you, but they're so rich they don't care. All right. This is the guy you probably saw it who was like, he heard a bunch of dudes hooking up in a room and he's outside of that, and you could tell he kind of had a problem with it. So he's he's one who did the audio taping through the door of one of the freak offs with I don't know, man, but dude every time, and a big chunk of what this guy talked about in is one interview we now know to at least be part of the charging documents, so I don't know. So anytime I see this guy's name is Gene deal, I am anytime I see a little snippet of him on Twitter or whatever, I'm gonna go click on it because uh, yes, yes it is an indulgence, but it's also insane. And by the way, on this story, you used my joke as your actual explanation. I I was gonna pull the I just I space this. I was gonna go back and see if Ross could find it. But I could remember exactly what do you remember we were talking about the thousand bottles of lube. Obviously we brought that up, the baby oil loube they had on his property, and you know, we're doing the things that too much. I mean, hell, you know what's up with that? And like the offhanded, dumb joke I made was, no, it's you go to Costco and they only sell them like that. Are you guys ready for this? Did He's lawyers? Did these lawyers attempting to explain why the fifty four year old rap artist had so many bottles of baby oil and lube, roughly one thousand according to documents. I didn't want to get into the free call for any of the rest of that stuff. So instead, what is this guy's name? Agna Fio, it's the lawyer's name. I don't know where that number came from, the US attorney said at the reporter said, I'm not really sure what baby oil has to do with anything, said did he's attorney. He has a big house. He buys in bulk. I think there's a Costco nearby Ross you ever got you guys shop at Costco or BJ's or any of the club things or Sam's Club.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we do. Sam's. I think we have a membership there.
Speaker 1: How many times have you actually only bought a thousand count of baby oil?
Speaker 2: I've never actually been inside, so probably if I were to estimate none, I've never done that yet.
Speaker 1: But Barky's come home obviously with thousands of bottles.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: It's never happened though, because you want.
Speaker 1: One or three and I only sell them in a thousand Who I'm sorry. Costco's got some insane packaging on some stuff, right, Like I, why do I need three computers? But you can buy that on their website. I realize was just shot. I was looking at a computer. I was reviewing it for somebody who's gonna buy it, and I'm like, wait, you have a three. You have a three, which makes sense if you're using that to buy for like an office or something. But it's like they'll package deal PCs man things. Sticking a thousand bottles of baby oil or lubricant together may mean Costco. Shut up, you went to Costco. Now, don't get me wrong. Any of you who have ever shot at the Costco or Sam's or DJ's or whatever. We've overspent and it's especially painful now you roll that giant, oversized cart full of things you probably don't need, but there it is. How do you think I ended up with a caggurator look nice, good price man. I didn't go in. I didn't go in to buy a cargerator, but I bought one. I think I went in for gum or side. I don't know. I'm sorry, Like, you know, just standard stuff. That's that's Costco. Those are nobody's come home with a thousand bottles of baby oil. Anyway, back to the uh, the ex bodyguard. This is why I'm bringing it up, not just because he stole my excuse, all right, So uh jeene doo claims multiple polot Titians or on videotapes of the freak off parties, which sometimes lasted for days. Basically, he was running around like a like an orchestra conductor, and you had a mix of party goers musicians. Now they're claiming politicians paid sex workers and literally like Diddy would, according to the documents, he would force them to perform all these acts and do so for such an extended period of time that they had to have ivs available. And there's there's multiple lot of exotic dancers and whatnot. Who you know who are also prostituting, who who've already been interviewed about this, and it's insane. I'm not going to get into all the details, but I want you to understand the scope of what we're talking about. It's it's it's Caligula on cracked minus. I guess the orgy boats, but the politicians things interesting like because if you google Sean Combs and then with politician, just go look at the Google image library now for a lot of them. I don't want you to think about stuff. I don't want you to try to get that image in your head, but can you imagine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I mean the rumors, they're like, he that he was doing what they say that Epstein was doing, right, Yes, like the same, the same sort of thing. And then I was reading yesterday they were saying that there's a rumor that he was he's actually been working with the FBI for a while, like as an informant.
Speaker 1: Now do you think and this is this is a good comparison, Like, I think there's a much higher likelihood that names get dropped here than Epstein. But why why should it be any different? But now that you're telling me politicians are in on it, I wonder if they don't. Right, It's one thing if like some rap artists basically had some embarrassing stuff or you know they're not out, but there was you know, they were having gay sex or with some of the gay escorts, and you know they didn't want that from an image standpoint whatever, That's not what we're talking about here. If you're telling me politicians are at a thing called a freak off that inherently, according to prosecutors, included a bunch of illegal stuff. Now I'm thinking we aren't going to see it depending on who those politicians may be.
Speaker 5: But you never know.
Speaker 1: Right back to the story. He claims to spied all of the alleged crimes that did he committed in California and Florida. There's a reason why he was charged with racketeering, sex trafficking, and the transportation to engage in prostitution in New York. You know who else they're doing investigation on during this whole time period, the mayor of New York City. Oh that's why I'm trying this story in If you guys didn't see yesterday the mayor Eric Adams was indicted. Now they're referring to it is not unless ros you haven't seen anything that has come out identifying the individual charges, right, I've not. Okay, yeah, I that the document itself. We just know that it involves racketeering.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine the one way I take that bad. The one thing I saw maybe you mentioned it and I wasn't paying attention to my bed, was the they said there was some sort of rumor I was reading about and this was from a physical actual or Didy Adams. They were saying, like the Turkish government was somehow.
Speaker 1: Yeah so so yeah, basically this is this is like the more localized version of working as a foreign agent. Without registering. You know, you hear that sometimes you heard it with whenever they want to go out and get somebody in your administration, A lot of times that's what the allege that they've done. So in the case of Adams, I think it's twenty some different countries where there were allegations. I don't know that they're part of the indictment, but I think most people were thinking it was that or just basic corruption. You want to hear an insane fact that came out in that story, No mayor, sitting mayor of New York has ever been indicted.
Speaker 2: How that doesn't even seem possible.
Speaker 1: Tammary Hall, what do we what? How is a mayor of New York never been indicted. I'm almost embarrassed.
Speaker 2: For you because because maybe they none of them pissed off the fence enough.
Speaker 1: Oh I think so. Yeah. So the other theory with Adams is because he has although it's not a very effective one, is because he's raised alarm about you know, a trend lay a trend day Aragua, which is the Venezuelan gang. I can never say Ragua, uh, you know, is the Venezuelan gang that people are worried about. But even just the motorcycle robberies, all this stuff midtown men and turn it into a giant migrant shelter. Like He's been critical of this stuff, and I saw people speculating that because you wouldn't fall in line on immigration, they're going to take him out. That seems like a bit of an overreaction for that.
Speaker 2: I think what it was is he introduced trash can technology to New York City and the Feds were like, you've you've flown too close to the sun.
Speaker 1: We've got to take you out right. You don't know what they are. They're getting be trapped in the trash mans. All right, So I was gonna do a pole and I'm not putting your trash can thing on.
Speaker 5: A pole man.
Speaker 2: I just say I've had the timing is suspect, you.
Speaker 1: Know, because one it can't be true, and two because you just brought up on the air, you know your your minions will go vote for it, and it's totally screwed up my mouth. So all right, So it could be trash can stuff. It could be that, or you know, it could be in a three way with Meek Mill and uh uh puffy h. But we shall see now as far as the charges go, Adams did release a pre recorded video. I guess who is ready for this, fellow New Yorkers.
Speaker 7: It is now my belief that the federal government intends to charge me with crimes. If so, these charges would be entirely false, based on lies, but they would not be surprising. I always knew that if I stood my ground for all of you, that I would be a target, and a target I became. For months, leaks and rumors have been aimed at me in an attempt to undermine my credibility and paint me as guilty. Just this past week, they searched the home of our new police commissioner looking for documents from twenty years ago, just one week after he joined my administration. Enough, I would fight these injustice is with every ounce of my stint and my spirit. If I'm charged, I know I am innocent.
Speaker 1: Look and let me say this, they are going full guns blazing on this dude. And so when the big reveal comes it, I'm expecting it to be just insane, right you know where it's like, you know, basically, my new commissioner got the job because he paid me this and I was charging I want to hear blaguevich stuff, right, so I want to hear selling Senate seats with F bombs every other word. Or however, because it's New York, you better talk like a New Yorker too. If there's not a bunch of F bombs, I'm.
Speaker 2: Not even listen. If I have to pick one thing that I do like about Eric Adams, right, like you have to pick one thing gun to my head, I what I enjoy about him is he does sound like he's from New York City. Yeah, I think if you are the mayor of New York, you should have a thick accident like build the Blasio. No Giuliani. Yes, he took down the mob. He was an amazing governor, but but he doesn't even compare to Eric adams accent. That is what a New York mayor on the may of New York, that's what he should. You know what I mean that that sounds right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But if so, it better be a bunch of stuff, because if it's willy nilly, then that's that's crazy. Man. You go after this dude because you know, normally, especially when your party is controlling the judicial system, which is you know, Mary Garland is the ag this is a federal indictment, right, they're gonna cut you a wide berth on stuff. Blaguyevitch, you know in Chicago he was governor, but you know, trying to sell Obama Senate seat. What was amazing was that was the impetus. But if you remember like they had, they were easily able to document years of corruption with that dude, which is why I never understood why Trump entertained the idea of him. You know that me and friends. The only reason Trump liked it is because Blaguoyevitch was so mad of the Democrats room under the bus that he was sucking up to Trump. It was all weird, but like the level of corruption within Chicago and Illinois politics, it was everything you thought it was, and probably more because obviously I'm not going to put stuff in there that starts to nick you know people they're not mad at. Plus, I want him to do it so we can play the game again. I want there to be crazy the B word, set me up tapes, Okay, I want Marion Barry's stuff so I can play. And I wanted to swear a lot because when Blugoyevitch came out, we played a game on the radio called Blogoyevich or soprano, and I had audio or not audio. I had audio cuts, but they were of our voice guy reading quotes, and then people have to decide whether it was a Tony soprano or Blogoyevitch quote. And it was an insanely difficult game. I want those things to fall into my lap. Again, we had a lot of fun with that. So I don't know what the atoms. I don't know, you know what the totality of it will be. But if it ain't the diddy freak off and it's just like political stuff, it's got to be a bunch because again, you're not You're not gonna go kneecap your own people unless it's risen to a level that you feel it's uh, it's it's unnecessary. And and you start seeing those political changes, you know the fact, the fact is, and this is what has things fractured and turmoiled. And however you want to describe it, you are watching you're watching three distinct camps on Mark Robinson. Happened right now on the Republican side, or at least the uh, the independent side, or however you want to describe it. Right You're seeing three very specific camps for him, not just with you know, people might vote for market, people work for them, and people around found him who has decided I don't want to tell their campaigns near him anymore. You're watching that divide going on and and to some extent, that's that's what you're seeing here. What's gonna be crazy is if that Eric Adams stuff comes out and it is the Diddy stuff, which I can't I can't even fathom. Oh man always not our politicians. I mean, I have confidence that Virginia Fox is not down there. So that being said, there's been some corrupt Florida stuff. Who is the guy ran for governor they found in the meth hotel room. I can't remember his name. That dude, That dude after that story, bruh, that dude sounds.
Speaker 2: Like he's down for a Oh you mean the guy that lost to a Disantis.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah. Remember right after, he's like, oh we found him. We found him basically in a medical emergency, all messed up at a hotel room, naked with feces everywhere. Voters got that one, right, That dude wants to come for a freak off. Well, some say they didn't and they drove them to it. We'll be back. So there's a video What's TV stations is from w c NC if you ever took this video there at Chitola and that is damn terrifying. Ross. This is on wr L on the front there if you just if you need a link there, all right, so headlight excuse me? Possible tornadoes Senior blowing rock ahead of Hurricane Helene. Yeah, that's that's scary looking. Oh you know what that's you know, that's just a few miles from Boone. From Boone, this is gonna be a wonderful opportunity for Boom Big Beer truthers to explain why it's not there. All blew away? So do you know if your fake big Beer is okay? Did you check in on it?
Speaker 2: And we they were attracted into the ground.
Speaker 1: Doesn't that that seems wildly expensive and unnecessary.
Speaker 2: It's worth it. It's like the retractable roof North Carolina tradition, the Boon Big Beer preencils too or yeah those they left those up, yes, otherwise they blow off the top. Come on, what's the last time you went there?
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 2: When's the last time you went there.
Speaker 1: The blowing rocker never because it's not a thing. But in the area. Uh, let's see about a year and a half ago. Yeah, yeah, it would have been fall to I took. Yeah, I got the fall color pictures too. Uh. From where we're staying. That was nice, the big beer, lots of colorful leaves. Although, to be fair, like if you guys do it like blowing, that's like blowing rock stick right, the whole thing is based on weird weather phenomena. So you're been to the blowing rock Ross. You've never been a blowing rock or Boone in general.
Speaker 2: Right, I mean I went to Boone to see the Boone big beer.
Speaker 1: But but you've never been a blowing rock right, I'm not okay? All right, So blowing rock has traffic? Is it real?
Speaker 2: Or is this like a thing you're making up?
Speaker 1: Obnoxious obnoxious other people, lots of good people. But it's it's a whole it's a whole thing. They got some decent restaurants. But in time I go to the area, I'm not staying in town. I'm me get out of there. Although I do like going to the English pub there. That's just me so anyway. But the tourist attraction is there's uh, there's the blowing rock, and basically it's just it's just a situation where you get wind currents that act in a very odd manner, and sometimes if it's snowing, it's snowing upwards because you're getting that wind gust up there. So I think a tornado. I don't even know if that's stand out, but I look at this video and I'm like, no, that stands out.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: C NC meteorologist Brad Panovitch uh showed the storm or the video. This is again right above Shatola Resort, which, by the way, I've ever told you my Shatola Resort story. So you guys, you've never been to Chitola, which is as you're coming in on was a three twenty one. As you're coming in from boone, go past tweet see railroad. Make sure your windows are up so you don't have to hear any of that nonsense. Sorry, I had kids dash across that highway in front of me one time tweets see will be the death of them, right, I'm kidding. But when you get into blowing rock, just although they have kind of reformulated the lanes you go past the go past the outlet stores, which never do you guys, remember when the sinkhole opened in the parking lot of the outlet stores a few years ago and he couldn't gain access to him. I the girl I would scene at the time. I sent that to her because we were gonna we were going up and we're gonna be at Shatola. We were going up there, and she want to stop it, and I thought it was the funniest damn thing. I'm like, oh man, oh no, a sinkhole open and the only ingress or egress into the into the outlet stores that you expected we'd spend an entire day at. That's a shame. Boy, oh boy, you hate to see that. So anyway, yeah, you got that going. And but that's you know, right those outlet stores. The area of the wraps around north of it is Chatola and it's a big, big resort. They got a lake there with some decent fission if you know what you're doing, lots of condos, you got the hotel, they got a steakhouse bar up there. So anyway, I did an Airbnb on one of those condos one time because I want to stay at Chatola had never stayed there, you know, it is good. But so I'm down in the restaurant and the lake I told you about a Chatola La has a peninsula that sticks out into it. And it just happened as I'm sitting up in the Timber Lake Steakhouse or whatever it's called there. I'm sitting at the bar, which is kind of on the end where you can walk out, but you can see the lake, and there happens to be a wedding going on, which, by the way, looks like a lovely place.
Speaker 2: For a wedding.
Speaker 1: And so the wedding's going on, they're doing their thing. I'm sitting there, I'm talking to the bartender, watching sports or whatever. It's a weekend, and even though they have bathroom facilities, guests from the wedding, who are getting increasingly more drunk because it's reception now, are coming in and using the restroom facilities inside the building there. And so you'd seeing they'd walk through the bar and you know, here comes part of the you know, the bridesmaids, and then all of a sudden the bride. Here comes the bride and she is not walking on her own, which it wouldn't be the first time somebody consumed too much of their wedding. I didn't think much of it, and I think I was joking with the bartender like, oh, looks like they're having a great time, and he was like, oh, yeah, you see what they're going through, uh liquor wise, And I'm like, oh, okay, well, awesome, right, Well, I don't think anything of it. And then all of a sudden, like I get this sense, like fifteen twenty minutes later that like a lot of people are in that restaurant, but they're but their their attention is on something. And you then I hear like wailing coming from the where because there's a hallway you got to go down so little ways over to where the bathrooms are. And I see what I now know is the bride's bother come in. I see the groom come in. They all head down that hallway. You hear some like here's some noises, but it's hard to hear down there. And then all of a sudden, the groom comes storming out of there and goes outside and he starts talking to I don't if it's his mother or her mother or whatever. And they're having a conversation right outside. I'm really not trying to pay attention, but there's just too much going on. All of a sudden, two of the bride'smaids come in, and then the father comes back in and they go back in there forever. So after that, I really didn't see a whole bunch until the ambulance showed up and they come in, the EMT crew comes in, they're doing whatever they're doing back there. I'm trying to get information at this I'm in news mode, but it's just everything's just insane. Meanwhile, everyone's just still drinking away down at the lake over there. And eventually they come out. They have her on a stretcher. They load her in an ambulance at her own wedding and take her away, except there is a god awful smell. And here's the story, which I got the next day from one of the people works there who i'd kind of, you know, buddy budded up with. And so the story is, yeah, she got really hammered. She came in to use the bathroom, was so drunk. Even if they dropped her there, she was unsuccessful and actually gaining access. So in the wedding dress and I mean everything in the wedding dress, which would explain that when it when somebody noticed what was going on, her brand new husband went up there. She started screaming at him because she wanted her daddy. That's your husband now, that's why he stormed out. And then dad had to show up and you know at this wedding he paid for and watch his daughter get hauled off by EMTs with a poopy wedding dress. Tadah. So yeah, that was that was my first and only shitola experience. So there you go, all right seven four? Are we all better for that story? But ross wouldn't that be a memorable wedding? I mean, what do you do at that point? You have to do a do over? Because I just assumed that a bride would not want that to be the wedding, like like, oh, they are married. This was a reception. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's why what she threw her what is now her husband out. Yeah, this was the reception of the wedding. That's why everyone was tanking. Tuther Mine. They got married earlier in the day, but then all that went down, So I think he gave me a free drink though for the smell. Anyway, seven forty four raced agic. We were talking about all things blowing Rock area and the resort up there, but there's this video of what they're claiming may have been a tornado that touchdown. Confirm or can't confirm.
Speaker 8: I haven't seen anything on the storm reports, but I won't deny. I mean, if there was a weather service, I would have to get out there and confirm that.
Speaker 1: Are you up in New York right now? Or where are you?
Speaker 2: I am ask?
Speaker 1: Ok So, Yeah, it just sounded different. You sound over modulated, is what it is? So at Okay, it's okay, any better? I just kind of yeah, Ross, I have to potch. It's another It's well, let's do it now, We'll figure it out. But it's okay, man, Yeah, it's h Are you in jail? Do you need bail? Are you making a wrap?
Speaker 8: I had to come in and believe it or not, I'm supposed to be in a better facility here in the office, but clearly that's not the case. Yeah, let's see heaviest rain right now a west of the tryad into the mountains are already flood warnings.
Speaker 1: This is not Heleen.
Speaker 8: Triangle faring. Okay, but I really think you should be wrapping up preparations for wind, especially just west of the Triad, and more heavy rainfall catastrophic flooding in some cases, I'm not going to be out of the woods until sometime tomorrow morning. So although triangle flooding, one to three inches of rain and gusty way still some impacts I think the worst from basically let's just say the try it and west, especially into the mountains where it's raining now and it will continue to rain. There's heavy rain when the warnings come. That's when you are expected to take cover and take higher ground. There be also some severe weather. That threat's gonna be as we head toward tomorrow morning and during the at least first part of tomorrow, so you know, more rain and thunderstorms. Right now, the severe's threat is limited, but the rain threat is continued.
Speaker 1: By Wilkes.
Speaker 8: Alexander County is catabo down toward York and west flood to watch. Tropical storm warnings started about Charlotte and north and west of that for tropical storm conditions. So officially Winston Salem, Greensboro Rally not in the watches are warnings, but that doesn't mean we may not see that change or see substantial chances of flooding and severe weather, especially as we head through late tonight and tomorrow.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you very much. Yeah, Okay, it's fine, dude, it's fine. It just sounds, you know, sounded different from you. And you know how we audio guys are, I know, yeah, so you sound good now, so just whatever, Yeah, okay, all right, thank you sir. There you go, Racetagic from the Weather Channel. All right, reminder, we're gonna get into the clash of politics and entertainment with Stephen Kent our NERD correspondent. That'll be coming up at eighth five. Also, let's talk about aerial advertising for just a moment. That story coming up next. Case O Day Radio program.
Speaker 6: Ross.
Speaker 1: You've been around enough years. You've probably been doing enough big events where uh oh you look up overhead and here comes the uh here comes the blimp, right, Goodyear blimp or the met Life one with the peanuts. You've seen those before, right, yeah, of course, and uh and so you might look up at it maybe if you're with your wife your kid, like, hey, look at that, right, and that's the extent of it. Well, you know, blimps are for advertising, so if you're good, you're a met life. You got to ask yourself, am I getting my money's worth? Well? What would you say? Is the most famous blimp you can think of? Uh?
Speaker 2: Probably the Good Year?
Speaker 1: Well really the most due the Hindesburg, the Hindenburg right, which required a disaster. So uh any who, so long story short? Uh, yesterday in Sapoulou? Was it in Brazil? Where you? Sapalo Brazil? A Uh, a blimp that was outfitted to promote one of the big soccer teams. I don't know if you know this. They're kind of into soccer down there. Rather than just flying over this neighborhood, which technically is a neighborhood where one of their rivals fans live, decided to slam the blimp into the neighborhood, not killing anyone amazingly, uh, not on board or on the ground, but uh, basically you know how big those things are. That's a that's several city blocks covered in a blimp.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: So they're just buzzing around out there. I don't know, somebody shot at the thing or what. That's why I wouldn't fly a blimp over certain places, because I know, I know idiots shoot it stuff you can't tell me. Some redneck or some gangster or you know whomever, at some point never thought what happens if I shoot at that and shot at those things. In fact, I'm sure it's a thing they don't even talk about. So I don't know how this thing crashed in Brazil, but I don't know that they're converting to your team either, although that is aggressive. Remember this is the country where somebody smuggled in a full sized porcelain toilet to a stadium and then killed multiple people by throwing it onto the from the second level to the first level. They take the soccer seriously. So anyway, again, nobody nobody killed. I think the the pilot had some minor injuries there. All right, don't grab a quick call, Yes Donna, what's up?
Speaker 9: Good morning, Casey. Just how do you tell about a blimp because it kind of ties in what I have to talk about. I used to work from Monster dot Com and we had a blimp. And when I worked there, I had a nice desk calendar and on it it would have a word of a word of the day. So me and my favorite coworker we would play a little game where we would try to incorporate that word while talking to our other co workers throughout the day, and whoever got to use it the most would win.
Speaker 1: You know, you have to use it properly. This is how we end up with a presidential candidate using the word using.
Speaker 9: The word holistically. Well, it's either that or you know, her head is an empty vessel filling along in.
Speaker 5: The sea of Aphasia.
Speaker 9: You know, however, we do have a commerce secretary who is a master of language, who yesterday on MSMBC said Trump needs to be extinguished.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have that audio. We're gonna I'll go ahead and play that teased at and then I got distracted by the Diddy stuff here. In fact, Donna, thank you very much for the call. Let me let me hit this audio before we go to break, and then we chat with Stephen Kent coming up to do all right, So here's the audio from our commerce secretary. Donna's referred to.
Speaker 2: What he says is the opposite.
Speaker 3: It's just another lie, Like, how did we get here. Let's extinguish him for good. We have an answer. We have a remarkably talented candidate, who is sincere, who's pragmatic, who's open.
Speaker 5: Let's just get it.
Speaker 1: Done all right, thank you. And look, people are coming to me like, oh, you know, don't be on that trap where you you know, you acquiesced that this is the thing, and you're sounding like the moonbat's running around complaining about everything. I'm not. I don't. I fundamentally, I don't see anything wrong with saying that, because I'm an adult and I understand that. However, all of the people who keep saying this are the ones that say that you are literally trying to commit murder when you say these things. And then if we talk to our NERD correspondent Stephen Kent about anything makes you mad, that he can call in yell, but not now, because we're gonna chat with Steven. How you doing, Steven?
Speaker 5: I am well as always good to hear from you. KC.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you made Ross jealous this morning. You know that, right?
Speaker 5: Ross wakes up jealous every day. He envies my aura.
Speaker 1: You get to go hang out with Rob Schneider this weekend or something.
Speaker 5: Rob Schneider, Yeah, he's made a real comeback as a new sort of conservative dissident intellectual. So Rob Schneider, you can find him on the Joe Rogan podcast.
Speaker 1: So I was just looking at the line up here. Do you like going to these things? Man, I gotta tell you, I'm not. If I'm doing a radio row M that's one thing, right, And there's one we do annually up in DC, although they didn't do it this year. But but like you know, just going to the big conventions where you got three thousand speakers. I've done some in the past. I actually was on a panel up at Washington Hilton one time for Americans Prosperity, and I think I did two for them, and I feel like I feel like sometimes it's it's it's just a real life digital echo chamber. Do you know what I'm saying? So what are the value I want to talk about in the broader sense? What value do you find obviously in your work? But like that's what I feel, and I the is it productive for organizing? I mean, what would you say? Are you just going to go fan girl over Schneider and FK and Tyson Gabbert.
Speaker 5: I fangirl over no one. And I hate all celebrities, including political celebrities, but I do love to people watch. And so you know, this Rescue the Republic event being put on by doctor Brett Weinstein, headlined by RFK and Russell Brand, and I imagine Jordan Peterson and Charlie Perker showing up. You know, they're also being headlined by the band to skill It. I want to see who. I want to see who shows up to this thing. Casey crime. This is crime people watching.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so some seventy year old, some seven year old no offense, some seventy year old GOP woman sitting there in amash pit. I'm here for it. So you better take a video if that happens, man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, and I will. And you know, these events are I think an interesting measure of how much the political scene has gotten turned upside down. I mean, the agenda for this rally that they're having on the mall is about vaccines, about fighting the war machine, about organic food. So this should be a lefty political rally from the year two thousand and three. But yet the entire lineup is you know, right wing figures and sort of left leaning liberal comedians who have jumped ship with the Democratic Party. It's just bizarro world. But this is the political realignment. There's a lot of people we're finding themselves on the right side of politics now because they were pushed forcefully out of the Democratic Party in the least, and I just think it's interesting to watch. But I also to get frustrated by these kinds of events because Brett Weinstein and the likes they act like this has never been done before. I hear them talk about this Rescue the Republic event. They're holding them the mall, how many the Glenn Beck's been doing this for years exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean Glenn Beck had, Yeah, it's not new. I want to say something because it's interesting on that, because I think perception is that when you start talking about organic foods, oh, it's the hippie culture. But like, I think that's unfair, and I had I had a discussion with a sponsor we had on this on this show for years, right, and part of their job was selling solar panels, and I remember talking to our salesperson and initially the client was hesitant because they're like, you know, because that scene is hippie, dippy green energy. And I had to literally have this conversation with them. I grew up using solar panels. Solar panels keep our water wells open for our couch to drink. We have solar on our cabin is an alternative. The difference is is the government didn't mandate that we put the solar panels in. So the outright perception of the rejection of technology, which may not make sense for the totality of our energy needs but makes perfect sense for somebody who's got an off grid cabin is I feel I feel like sometimes we're too quick to put everything in one box, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, someone like Congressman Thomas Massey, Republican from Kentucky. You know, he lives off the grid, completely fueled by alternative energy sources, including solar. You would think he was some radical, you know, left wing hippie from two thousand and two, But you know, he's just a self sufficient Republican who doesn't trust the direction that we're going as a as a people, and that sort of leads you to go out there and be self sufficient. Panels and stuff like.
Speaker 1: That are all part of our Our cabin could run, could run for six months now. Granted we have giant propane tank that we keep filled. But like, but the whole point of that is, you know, it's just you never know and and is and so when you see that, like here's the only thing where it gets cringey. You ever see when Trump first came into office, and they were like they were doing like, all of a sudden, the preppers were now like Democrats, right, They're like building their Trump survival bunkers and all that. And what used to kill me is I saw like CNN and they go out and do stories and it's like, you know, these two college professors which eat nothing but soy, right, they built their bunker like even their MRIs look bad. But like they also were anti gun, and I'm like, you're building a survival bunker. I feel like maybe if you think that that's a dystopic end times thing, you might consider at least a shotgun or something. But when it comes to you know, when it comes to the reasons that people might want to do that, whether it's just independence or in our case, a warmer place to sleep while we're hunting elk, like it's about the government versus not the government, which is why And we transition into this, I'm curious your thoughts. I got a whole stack of stories here. Now these aren't government things, but rather it is the power of the of commerce. And let's start with Ubasoft, and specifically the development of something we've talked about, which is the latest iteration of Assassin's Breed set in Japan, Beudal Japan. You're thinking samurai ninja stuff, let's go, and you kind of get that, but you also get a story that was faked by a college professor or at least a fiction, right, a fanfic piece of work that was then taken as historical gospel. And now you have a black samurai and all of Japan's upset they did. They took their spot away at the big Tokyo show, right, they're not even having the gup there. And yesterday Ubisoft issues a statement and in the statement says essentially, we favor no one. We're not trying to do anything. And the only reason they got this statement saying that, well, no, we're not woke, we're not injecting this. We want to be as broadly as possible is because essentially this the c suite folks are probably going to get ousted or at the very least potentially sued by shareholders over the decisions to do things like you know, like have been done with other games, and so do you think they don't realize that politicking is being included in there or is it the argument, Oh, it's not politics, it's human rights. Because I think that that infestation and the ability to recognize that you guys screwed up here and you could pivot away and to not take that opportunity is crazy to me. So do they know or they really that clueless because they're surrounded by the DEI stuff?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it has to be cluelessness caused by DEI are more typically ESG standards, so that means environmental social governance because this.
Speaker 1: Has to do real quick. I'm sorry to do and when when you say ESG. One of the things that's really important is there is an apparatus where companies that need float money and capital basically have to play this game, or have had to play this game to be able to do it. And companies who are not able to access those funds at appropriate rates could have potentially gone out of business. It's so insidious. I'm sorry, go right ahead, Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, I mean, and it is. It is insidious. It also confuses people's understanding of what is political and what is not. So when you have companies that are adopting ESG standards, and they're receiving outside money to adopt, you know, policies and viewpoints that advance social positive socially positive impacts. Well, who defines what is socially positive? So they look at this and they go, okay, well, then we need to have a story that features, you know, a black samurai from some random professors. But that's not what people want. I mean, just look at how Shogun, the TV series about Japanese samurais performed on FX, winning eighteen Emmys in the most recent awards cycle. An absolute blowout, and it was completely historically accurate and not a whiff of what you might call equity when it comes to casting. This was purely a Japanese show and no hamdhanding of anyone in there who didn't really belong in the middle of fourteenth century Japan. You know, it's the mindset of the Last Samurai where you have Tom Cruise in there. You've got to have a white samurai in order to have a story about Japan in this video game.
Speaker 1: The perspective. Here's the thing, this black quote unquote samurai did. This is a real individual, right, it was the romanticized role in what he did. Tom Cruise's character is a combination actual set of like that's a real dude. And then you get into the romance sizes the Portuguese.
Speaker 5: The Portuguese were in Japan. There were white people wandering in Japan.
Speaker 1: They were all wandering around. Let's be about it. Clear, they weren't wandering around with they You know, you couldn't go to Japan without the permission of the rulers there. They killed you on site during this No foreigners were allowed there. And and so when you when you're sitting there and you're watching that, I think that you still saw with with the Tom Cruise movie, even if you don't like some of the stuff that was added in there. And I'm here for it because I love history, you could tell that they then didn't not give a crap about the other stuff, do you know what I'm saying? Like the other details they did a good job of. And like once you get away from the casting of the main character in here, because people are incense, they're chewing it apart. Like I see Japanese posters pointing out that the rice wouldn't be blowing around because it's how we paid our taxes, and those trees would have been in bloom and and and then I see people react to it, to criticism like the where is this Sorry, I'm trying to do nine different things here. I've seen them react to criticism like the founder of the Dragon Age series. What is this guy's name here, flipping back and forth, David Gator? Right, So, David Gator, the franchise creator of Dragon Age, which may be a little too inside baseball for some people, but it's a big deal, and it's a big ip who is out there and he's sending tweets out literally yesterday that say, apparently the usual suspects are upset at how woke the new Dragon Age is an apparent sudden and unexpected development in the series efing tourists. He called him effing tourists. And this is over a lot of it's over the character creator where you can literally have like top surgical scars for your chest and you can give your female character a bulge, but you can't give her a proportionate cup size or oh my gosh, right, so wow, this dude. How many people are their financial livelihoods are attached to this dude's franchise and rather than just shutting up and do it. He called people quote effing tourists and told them, we don't need you. This is just what happened to the acolyte with the actress and others. How do you see?
Speaker 5: This is what happens when you loathe the market incentives of capitalism. You don't appreciate consumers, You take them for granted. You think that people have to eat the gruel because you are cooking and serving it. You don't care about what people want. And you know that goes right over to Ubisoft's kind of other game, which was well reviewed but performed pretty poorly on sales. Star Wars Outlaws. You know, Star Wars fans have roundly rejected and I really don't think it's about, you know, the female lead necessarily, but you know, the last Star Wars bology starring ray Or Daisy Ridley was not great. It was not well received, and their follow up to that is to then serve Star Wars fans another female lead story in Star Wars Outlaws and not acknowledge the fact that your majority group of gamers are probably going to be middle aged or you know, twenty something year old males, and they probably do want to play with a han solo like character and not be forced to play with you know, twenty something year old lady. That's just a fact of being a video gamer. Red Dead Redemption would have suffered in the very same way if you didn't have this kind of character that you did to appeal to the majority of the gamer base. You don't care about what consumers want.
Speaker 1: You mean, somebody that looks like they appropriately would you know, fit in around the turn of the nineteenth start.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when you think, when you think about it, yeah, I mean that's absolutely the case. And if you want to you know, embrace diversity or you know, people being able to to have a character that looks like them, you create a game in which they can design their own character on the front end of the game. That's the best way to do it. But they don't want to do that because they believe the consumer will make wrong decisions play with a character they don't want.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Do you see her quote? Since you brought Daisy Ridley up again? No, responding to criticism of her character in Star Wars, she said, let's see here, I can't let's see no attention. I don't pay any attention to negative criticism of the character. I cannot change the way that men see women. Again, this is the Ghostbusters thing again. If she's determined that the only reason anyone was critical not even just of her, but rather the character. Right, she's an actress. She's going to do what she's paid to do. So the blame lies with the developers there and the producers. But if you think the only reason people didn't like it is because of that, you're never going to change your mind on this stuff, and you're gonna end up. Would we found out with a four hundred million dollar flush down the toilet, which Sony just did with that game, complaining about toxic positivity, which is a new phrase. I had to learn this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, talk to positivity where you are not allowed to dissent or speak out against the thing due to a culture of fear. You know. This is this is what communism gets. Ye, I'm sorry. That's what all these people are stewing in inside of these companies and they don't know how to break out of it, and it ends up being financial boondoggles, you know. And I do want to just put out one note about.
Speaker 1: Daisy thirty seconds, but it's a Daisy.
Speaker 5: Ridley by and large has handled this kind of stuff the right way. She's sort of a Hillary Clinton feminist. She says, you know, men, men don't want to see women in these roles. However, I have been very well received, and that's true. A lot of people love her and she does focus on the positives.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Again, it's just if that's your only line of thinking. Maybe it is for some. But if you think it's only then your cat. You're painting people who might, you know, have a legitimate beef about something they didn't like. But we'll get into it another day. Hey, if Ryan Lizon or if Ke get near each other photo that okay, that's your thing, all right, thank you.
Speaker 5: Still, I'll get a selfie for you.
Speaker 1: Kamloop City council and city staff have been assailed by trolls. Man, it's it's become apparently a thing for folks to show up or in this case, virtually show up for the public comments session and just start playing porn movies. And it keeps happening and it doesn't look like very exciting stuff either. But yeah, that's Canada whatever. Yes, and now the city is wrestling with the fact that they have a under provincial in Canada, under the provincial regulations there. They have an obligation to hold this event and they have to make it available for people who can't get there. So what do you do, I don't know, maybe not have video. You know, you can do that virtually with an avatar, like you know when when we got to jump on a teams meeting. Half the time, you know, Ross has his own little savor logo. Everyone else does. It's a fifty to fifty shot whether I see him, same with me. I don't know if I'm turning my camera on. So, yeah, you want people to stop playing a porn in the middle of your meeting over and over because they're trolls and now Reddit's after you. That's how you go about that, all right, I'm helping. Uh, this is crazy, all right. So you know, it's fire season kind of on the tail end of it, but it's fire season, which is a big deal in North Carolina sometimes, but out west every year they wildfires. Are a lot of fires, man a lot of fires, and there it's very easy for them to grow pretty big, you know, because especially when you get our Colorado Wyoming places like that large. What they're burning is is forest there. But like you keep an eye on it and you just you go with what you know. The closest I ever been to a fire was I happened to be in Yellowstone when part of that was going on with my uncle in eighty eight. Then I had to leave. My grandparents came and got me as that thing was breaking. And I remember the fire line burning up to Cook City, which is just across the northeast entrance to Montana, literally the back of the houses, and I, you know, even though I had grown up around fires out west, but it's always interesting how they happen, and I had not heard this one. So in Colorado, the big problem fire there is the Bucktail Fire, largest fire in the state of Colorado this year, which is saying some there's lots of fires and let's see now, thankfully nobody's been killed and they really haven't had to evacuate much, but it is burning up a chunk of property. Well, they finally figured out how it started and have issued in a restaurant. Public officials would like you to know you can't go in the national forest and build funeral pires and burn your loved ones in the middle of a forest, or your beloved pets, which in this case the guy wanted to build one of those weird vikings or I gus and you know which you see in the movies around the funeral pyrates. So he built one and then to cremate his dog. And it had something to do with some wicked thing. I don't know, but that's how the fire started a funeral pyres. So uh, but I just found out you're not allowed to do that on your property with people, but you can do it with some pets in certain places. But yeah, that's he must have loved that dog man. Unfortunately, they say, as he was putting the dog in the pit with the wood, he had sprayed the dog with some sort of accelerant and it quickly Yeah, of control. I don't think you got to pour gas on who you're burning there, just get the fire hot enough. So anyway, and then they say, if you are going to do a few some tips for your funeral ROJ, you're doing a funeral pyre at all time you're doing any funerals there, you want to make sure that you're at least one hundred yards from trees. And if the wind is it's winny that day, you should not have a funeral pyre. But otherwise burn away with your pets there. Sorry, just some of the just weird. Man, it's colorade. There's a lot of weirdos out there, which is entertaining for much of it. All Right, So I mentioned one of the things I really enjoy is watching every single one of these reporters who puts together like a focus group or a panel, and you can tell they're trying to stack the deck. They're like, ah, here's a group of undecided voters. I'll look at that. They're all black. Let's hear what they think of the presidential election. And then you know, Donni, Donnie d Bag, they're the reporter. He starts asking him questions and like they start saying things like I heard Commona wasn't black, and before you know, you get that amazing audio. This is kind of like that. They had to think this is what was going to This was gonna be easy. You're gonna go to the rust belt, You're gonna get the union guys there. Remember the Teamsters union didn't even endorse anyone for president, not because there are people didn't vote. They did, and the Teamsters overwhelmingly said that they support Trump. The leadership of the Teamsters like many of these big unions give zero craps what the rank and file think. So rather than doing what they normally do and say the majority of our members want this, they just say, yeah, we're not gonna endorse anyone. Now, I don't know why you would stick with those people what is essentially a criminal organization historically in many ways, but that's beyond that's that's beside me. But anyway, that's who they're going to go talk to. Let's see what they think. And clearly it's not going how MSNBC thought it was going to go.
Speaker 2: You talk a little bit more about that?
Speaker 8: What what mostly just immigration?
Speaker 1: Can you talk a little.
Speaker 2: Bit more about that? What what about immigration is have you been paying attention to There.
Speaker 10: Are thousands and thousands of illegal immigrants come across the border every day and the vice president has done minimal work to fix that based on what I've seen, so I'd like that.
Speaker 1: To change, okay, And and there was a lot of that, But how did they think of I mean, I understand how they think it was going to go, but like logically, you're talking to a group of individuals and this is not me detracting, by the way, from team stirs or drivers or folks that are doing blue collar jobs. But you're you're looking at jobs because not you know, they don't necessarily require a degree. Yeah, the people have them now are going to be a little suss of others who don't, who also seem to be getting a giant helping hand because now you're in the world of human nature. And for some reason, his reporters think the union ties that binder are going to be stronger than self preservation. If they had one hundred thousand people that did descended upon the state of or one hundred and forty thousand I think it was a number in New York, descended upon the state of North Carolina, and they were all talk radio hosts. That's going I'm going to have some thoughts and yet is that selfish? Yeah?
Speaker 10: So what.
Speaker 3: So what.
Speaker 1: I could be selfish in this case. It's the reverse of the government doing it. They're letting it happen. Man. Anyway, Yeah, so I do enjoy watching those eight forty three raced agic from the deepest basement hole we got bunker. We're harding us with his weird new mic. What's up man? Not much yet, at least locally.
Speaker 5: Oh, does it?
Speaker 8: You know, you know, I only had to move the butt the knob like a notch. I mean, these old things said the technical No, no, it's not technical, it's what I call I moved it from one to one and a half on the shore.
Speaker 1: So that changed things up.
Speaker 8: Who knows that whatever is supposed to be the better equipment, right, Yeah, I got a twenty dollars microphone stuck into a PC back at home and it sounds better.
Speaker 1: Imagine that, right, Yeah.
Speaker 8: Gotta take a breath, try to sort everything out because they'll be varying conditions across the area triangle east. Less impacts, but still some that you know, could damage lives or could damage property and you know, threaten us with power outages and threatened lives too, especially if you get the tornado element of this later tonight and into tomorrow morning. You know, try it. Already seeing some moderate rain, some heavier range just to the west of Winston Salem in to Yatkin County and points south and west of that, and that rains continuing with something warnings and then west of that is going to be the worst of what we get from not only the rain right now ahead of Helene, also when Helene finally gets here, that's gonna be late tonight tomorrow. So this is all not Helen, what we've seen so far, and they've really been getting pounded. West of a line let's just say, is that seventy seven, Yeah, Interstate seventy seven in and around that and points west, and that's where the tropical storm warnings are and the flood watches. So Yatkin down toward down into Mecklenburg County not in the floodwatch, but east of that there still could be heavy rainfall and two to four, maybe up to six inches try it points west more than that, double digit totals catastrophic flooding for some into the mountains, especially triangle one to three, maybe some isolated totals that'd be higher. I really do think there will be a flood risk for everybody, But again as you go from east to west, it goes higher. And then overnight tonight into tomorrow morning, the severe weather risk and the stronger winds as some of the winds could get to tropical storm force plus and some of the bands that come through as the main logoes to the west of US. Looks like that's probably going to be you know, taking a look at the latest guidance that's going to be sometime tomorrow morning before things start tapering off tomorrow afternoon. So really from this point forward, everybody should be ready not only for the flooding and severe weather, also for some scattered power outages, but most of that with the power outages and the stronger winds coming as we head on through late tonight and early tomorrow morning. So gonna be a mess, Casey, and already for some especially west of US and west of the Triad, it already is.
Speaker 1: So to talk to my buddy and lives on the Bay down in Tampa there. I remember he said video that one storm and that hitead on and it sewed all the water getting sucked out in front of his house. Are you gonna, you know, not be there? And he's like, we're gonna have a party.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 8: There may be some good news for Tallahassee. There's metatrend. They did adjust the track a little bit further. Resource fits the center just about on top of Tallahassee. Before it was to their west and would really put them in the unfavorable quadrant. But some of the it's been suggesting maybe a little bit further west, and if that does happen in tallahasse to can get on the west side of the low or the hurricane, they may fare better than points to the east of them, which could mean worse conditions from the big bended down toward Tampa Bay. So a lot to sort out. They do change the forecast track, it would be minimal, but could have big impacts even from county to county in the Panhandle. But still Fork has to be a Cat three with one fifteen maximum sustained winds. Again, the intensities could fluctuate, but even if it's a strong Cat three or a low end Cat four, don't let that really change your mind. What the impacts are going to be really negligible in terms of what the difference is between you know, the wind and the surge. Those values won't change much. Now if you go to Cat five and I'm not saying we're going to but you know, then you know you're talking about a different ballwax. But conversely, I mean it may we can. It doesn't look like if anything is going to hold its own or maybe get stronger.
Speaker 1: Okay, And if it gets bored, go to Miami and get Nitty's house because that thing gets strubbed. Yes, yeah, all right, gott to go, thank you sor right man, Yeah, imagine the hurricane to say go still not enough man, still ste Anyway, we got to take a break. Come back with Jeff Bellinger. Hang on with Jeff Bellinger, who, as I understand, not named in the Adams indictment. How you doing, Jeff? What's up?
Speaker 2: Unindicted?
Speaker 1: Unindicted?
Speaker 11: Broadcast near The federal numbers machine cranked up this morning, Casey.
Speaker 1: Starting with the labor market.
Speaker 11: New claims for unemployment benefits fell by four thousand to two hundred and eighteen thousand last week. The numbers were better than expected, but demand for big ticket manufactured products was down.
Speaker 1: Last month.
Speaker 11: Orders for durable goods fell two point six percent. In August, economists were looking for no change, and the government took one last look at how the economy performed in the second quarter. No change from the prior estimate that the gross domestic product expanded at a three percent annual rate. Stock market futures look very good this morning. S and P futures OR up forty seven, Nasdaq futures OR up three hundred and twenty now futures or up one hundred ninety. Looks like the texts are going to lead an early.
Speaker 1: Rally on Wall Street.
Speaker 11: After Micron Technology posted very excellent second quarter results, there's mixed news in the latest home affordability report from ADAM. Single family homes and condos remained less affordable than their historical averages over the summer, but third quarter affordability was up slightly from the second quarter. ADAM says the home price spike eased and mortgage rates ticked down.
Speaker 1: And this is probably a case not news.
Speaker 11: For anyone who works in the restaurant industry, but Americans have become less generous when it comes to tipping. Pop Menu says the number of diners who tip at least twenty percent is declining, and there's been an increase in the number of customers who tip less than ten percent. This trend reflecting tighter household budgets and general tipping fatigue.
Speaker 1: Casey, they did it to themselves. Do you know there's a gas station where you don't even interact with people. You type in your food orders. I don't know if you have I guess wah wah up around you or whatnot? Yes, we do and they have a tip shark. Yes, you don't see anybody. I don't even know the I don't know there's people back there. I know the food comes out, but I don't know. And so where's that money go? Yeah, it's fatigue? All right? All right, thank you, Jeff, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Okay, have a good day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right. I hate it when I do this. I have seen this story is gonna be great. We're gonna get into this tomorrow. But I'll tell you what it is. I I saw the headline this morning and I emailed it myself, and I just got distracted with the show today. So check this out. Rossetts and Carrie roam where the spray paint gangs and the rabbit fox room and so anyway, so there's a lot of intricate detail here, which I'll get into tomorrow. But the gist is this, how many of you have ever lived in a home that has a walking path through it and as a result, has an easement or just have an easement? Right? I know a lot about I know a lot a lot about eastments because it's a big deal from an agricultural perspective. You know, Montana doesn't have them. Did you know, in the middle of Glacier National Park, a federal park, there are parcels of private land that the owners can they can access but only on foot because they just went no, eas we're gonna We're gonna put a national park around you. That's a fun fact. You should look that up. So anyway, so this guy's got a house and it's got a walking path, as so many communities do, especially in and around Kerry. Probably walk anywhere from anywhere between Kerry and Morrisville all you wanted, and uh it happens to go along a sewer easement that is his property line, which is not unusual. There is a complexity here because there's an h o A. But we'll get into more of that tomorrow. But here's what's amazing. So I've lived I've lived in a house that was literally on a walking path. It's a thing you gotta deal with, right Or if you if you have a beach house and there happens to be public access, that's that's just how it works. Ross, does your timeshare have public access next to it? Or do not let the pores?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, good, yeah, right, there's no Ross isn't dealing with the porest, but some of you have to.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: And so anyway, this dude literally got a jackhammer and chiseled up the walking path and put like cinder blockades across it. And as you can imagine, the neighbors in the h o wa to set not as much as the city because again I get into it. Why it's on the plat. They have the copy of the plat here. It clearly shows the easeman. How do you live there? One day? And just you know, oh, those morning joggers come through here every day. I'll show them. You have to go get a jackhammer. Most people I don't have. I would have to borrow or rent a jackammer, which you can do