Speaker 1: What is going on? Everybody? Welcome to episode two of the Main Event show hosted by You're Australian Daniel.
Speaker 2: Last week I didn't get to give you his all a merry Christmas, so yeah, wishing you a merry Christmas, notse for don't celebrate.
Speaker 1: Hopefully you had a break or enjoyed your time off.
Speaker 2: Here in Australia, we actually have a summer Christmas, so I don't know the fahrenheit conversion, but it was about thirty degrees celsius on Christmas Day and if I quickly searched that up comparing that to fahrenheit, it would be approximately eighty six degrees. So yeah, we had a hot summer Christmas Day, which is quite normal here in Australia, which is cool. And yeah, I had a good time obviously, but keen to I guess. Yeah, continue the content as we close off the year, moving on to twenty twenty five, and what better way to do it than have a review of what's happening in the Main Event And really hope you've enjoyed last week's episode, if I'm honest, just the first time, just seeing how things obviously work, how we can kind of I guess structure everything talk about and as you know, not many matches happen in Main Event only two, so that's where we have the opportunity to normally reviews backdown or rule mostly Raw because the show happens after Main Event. And yeah, again that allows me to kind of give my opinion. So if this is your first time listening to the Main Event show and you haven't had to look at the first episode, feel free to do so as well. And while you're there, feel free to have a look at all the other podcasts we have with the creator, the show Man and others that are doing SmackDown and an XT.
Speaker 1: But yeah, without further ado, let's begin with the show.
Speaker 2: So we started off with Pete Dunn taking on the Dragonly, so too familiar WW superstars who have probably struggled to get much airtime on Raw or have anything kind of relevant. We know Pete Dunn is just out there getting teased for his nickname, which I'm not going to say because I don't want Pete done to give me.
Speaker 1: Any grief, but we all know what it is.
Speaker 2: And then Dragonly as well, trying to fill the boots of Ray Mysterio obviously with LWO having a few matches here and there on raw, but nothing to the point where you're thinking there's something or there for either of them, if.
Speaker 1: I'm honest, But they have a match here, I'm timekeeping.
Speaker 2: This time, and this one went for about seven minutes and fifty one seconds. It was actually a pretty solid match, a lot of back and forth, a lot of incredible moves displayed if US, especially at the start. You can tell that these guys have some decent chemistry together, which was good. But it ended up Pete Done getting the victory here, and I guess that might lead to potentially Pete Done having some more opportunities next year, but I really think that there isn't going to be much for him unless there is pro anything opened up, because yeah, I think that the roster's really deep right now and Pete Done hasn't been able to I.
Speaker 1: Guess break through.
Speaker 2: The match with Seamus or the feud of Shamus was supposed to, I guess level him up there, and obviously Shamus was trying to put him over, but it didn't seem like it really worked out. And credit WW for trying that. It was a worthwhile feud. It made Pete dun turned heel. It allowed him to kind of just go into that dark side, but nothing really happened much with him after that, And maybe with this win there might be some more things for Pete done, but it does seem like he is floating between raw NXT and then also the main events, so it's gonna be really hard for I think him to get some prime time or even mid card spots on any of.
Speaker 1: The main shows.
Speaker 2: I moved to SmackDown could be in the cards, but again I don't really see him doing much there.
Speaker 1: And in terms of dragon.
Speaker 2: Ly, yeah, I guess it's big shoes to fill there with raymondstery, he does have the potential, but I feel as though that the loss here hasn't helped him or won't help him for the future. But nevertheless, a really good match like you could see like and when we're going to talk about the next next fight. The difference in kind of quality where when it comes to the w W superstars that are on the main show in contrast to new and up cunning NXT superstars. This is my personal opinion though, but they seemed a lot more comfortable together and were able to kind of showcase at a pretty decent match, so not really not really not manly many complaints about the match, sorry, but in terms of kind of where these two are going to head off, and I think that's kind of the main story with Main Event, is when we're trying to see whether there is potential for them to get off this card, or whether their talents are elsewhere in NXT or even pushing up now potentially to like a low card when reviewing these matches, because yeah, other than that, there's not really much to go off.
Speaker 1: There's no there's no promo work, there's no.
Speaker 2: Feuds, but basically just seeing how kind of they look in ring and what their characters can do outside of that will be the most important thing. And I think that's something that when they get on the shows that raw, they can improve on, because I don't think the wrestling is the issue with these two superstars. I just think the attractiveness to fans, getting people interested in their characters or being able to hold some good promos is something that I think is what's lacking with these two. But yeah, nevertheless, moving on, what I'll do is review the second match of Main Event, which was Josh Briges against Dante Chen and Dante Chen's been looking pretty popular on NXT, especially with his fan base being from Singapore and having that kind of that edge on him as well. Seemed that he was doing pretty well, winning his last two main event matches. He's been on and kind of getting on a decent hot streak, but that was kind of shut down with Josh Briggs, who, if I'm honest, don't really know too much about him from the research I've done. He's had a lot of work in Japan, but from what I've seen, it does look like a massive and a big powerhouse wrestler, someone that could potentially come into w W as a heel and do some damage. But feel as though that I think at a run on the next team might be intimate for him.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure whether he's been on an XT team in the past or not.
Speaker 2: But again from reviewing this match, which I went for five minutes by the way, just over five minutes, five minutes of one second, he did get win as I mentioned, and he yeah, it looked really good. I think the cockiness, that the attitude, the ego was something refreshing to see on.
Speaker 1: Main event as well.
Speaker 2: You don't really see many superstars really give a much personality or attitude inside rings and Torning and Josh Briggs definitely did that. Dante Chen at a point did kind of fall back and you thought that he would get the momentum and win the match, especially for all the trash talking Briggs was doing. I thought that that was going to get completely shut down. But again Briggs showed his power with a mean closed line and was able to finish the match.
Speaker 1: And I guess, yeah, not go to.
Speaker 2: That typical stereotype of someone that just talks trash in the ring and then ends up getting shown out when it comes to actually approving it. But yeah, again, I think Dante Chen will be fine. I think he'll feature on main event once again. But it'd be good to see him, I guess, elevate to the w W ranks and I feel like he'd bring in a very big crowd as well, given that he is of South Asian descent and there's a lot of backing there, especially in his hometown of Singapore. And Josh Briggs, I think, yeah, move to NXTE might be good and maybe just tracking his progress and seeing how he goes there and then potentially moving on to WWE on the main card Rubins backdown and being a strong heel because from what I saw he did look.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess pretty good.
Speaker 2: But yeah, not really much else to comment on main event, but a lot to comment on Raw, which last week's episode covered obviously by Matt and everything, So not gonna go die dive for dive on it, but essentially, yeah, Drew McIntyre coming into the ring is what obviously the main the main event show showed and then show all of Raw, but they do show some snippets, and the snippet here was Drew McIntyre coming into the ring basically saying that no one in the in the in the locker room reached out to him when the family member of his passed away or something terrible happened to them. And as he was mentioning that Sammy Zaying comes out delivers a somewhat effective promo, a good way to get onto the side of all the fans are explaining how they go through all hardship, people go through hardship.
Speaker 1: Himself has gone through hardship and he.
Speaker 2: Still had to show up to work as WW universes as we do and do not point the finger. Matt said it perfectly do they really, because I'm pretty sure not everyone doesn't point the finger.
Speaker 1: I feel like that happens a lot too.
Speaker 2: So that was questionable, but I guess it's a way of kind of just making Drew look smaller than when he was.
Speaker 1: And yeah, going on, Drew obviously looked.
Speaker 2: A bit shocked and surprised, then replied that all his families in Scotland, so it's a lot harder for him, and that he has no issues taking Samuse out because he's the lead of his worries. And then that transitioned into a match, which is what we got towards the later end of the show, and we obviously know the result for that, Drew McIntire.
Speaker 1: Taking out the win. Sammy was a little bit protected here.
Speaker 2: I think it didn't hurt him too much because of the fact that he had that back in jury. But no surprises that Drew won the match there. But what did happen after was Drew obviously pulling out some attacks. Then Jay also coming into the ring try and obviously help Sammy out, feels as that he's the next person to go at it with Drew, and then later on we had Solo and half his bloodline come out Tomatonga and Jacob Fattu going into and laying into both Samu Zain and Jay So with Drew leaving the ring, obviously that signifying and showing that this trouble comeback is not over remains and Solo will go at it on Netflix on the debut of Netflix for Raw. And it looks as though that the bloodline feud is still going on, so continue to look out for that. It's going to be interesting to see how kind of Jew does get involved with this. Obviously his issues are with the bloodline or the original bloodline and with Roman Reigns. But the fact that you've got kind of Solo and his bloodline involved, You've also got the Rock potentially coming back. A lot of factors here, A lot of things are circled around the og bloodline, and as we get into WrestleMania, it's going to be interesting to see, I guess how that will kind of play out with so many kind of variables involved there. And yeah, I think the final mentioned the show and the final thing that they did show was the COVID Kingston Xavier Woods coming out to the ring. And one thing that I was disappointed about, which kind of annoyed me was hearing the crowd. I know that the crowd was well not hearing them itself. I'm more talking about the what WW does on TV is that they kind of make the crowd noises themselves and editor on their end. And I don't know if it was just me, let me know if you think it was the same, but it sounded shocking like it didn't match up with how they were delivering their promos. You could tell that the chants were not authentic, they weren't actually coming from the crowd. And I know that it was a double taping, so obviously the crowd was not going to have as much energy, but I felt like WW could have done a much better job in making that sound a lot more realistic because those moves were not matching up with the promo that Kofe put out.
Speaker 1: And basically, Yeah, Kovie.
Speaker 2: Comes out, Zavie Woods comes out, trying to essentially explain themselves and what they did, saying that they could have beaten down Big E, and then Kofe mentioned that he brought his mum from.
Speaker 1: Ghana all the way to his hometown.
Speaker 2: Shout the fly middle Seat, which is a really funny I mentioned there from Kovie. Not really nice putting your mum in a middle seat, especially with all the money you have, But yeah, that was that was funny, and then him going down to her to try apologize and her mum essentially walking away, And yeah, I guess my take from everything that happened because I haven't gone into the new day stuff. We all knew that Xavier Woods was eventually going to turn Hill at first, when it did happen, what happened that Covid and Xavier ended up being together, fighting against it and turning Hill together. I thought it was a bad move initially because I thought it doesn't really do much for Xavier would single run. I think I thought the whole point of Xavier splitting up was for him to elevate to a solid.
Speaker 1: Heel, getting some titles and I guess.
Speaker 2: Going on a crazy run. But seeing how Kovi Kingston has embraced his heel role has been very refreshing. Like I am very surprised of how Kingston has been on the MIC, And I don't know if it's just me, but like seeing him do it, it just kind of makes me feel.
Speaker 1: Like he's more just as evil as Zavie Woods.
Speaker 2: Is the way he's been talking, the way he's he's obviously involved his mum, and if you go on social media that he's put up a Christmas post and he's he's cut out his mum. I think, well, we've never seen Kofe being a heel, like we never seen Xavier be a heel per se, but we saw the lead up to what he could happen. But seeing Kofe just become this straight up heel when he's always been just the power positivity of the New days, always.
Speaker 1: Been someone to root for.
Speaker 2: He's he's never really scratched that surface again, has been refreshing and it's it's been great, Like I'm really happy with how it's kind of changed up, and it's gonna be interesting to see what's gonna happen with those two. I suspect that they're gonna have a good title run. I feel like they're gonna win another Tag Team chairman. I would love to see what their new music will be like, because I haven't been coming out to any music, which I'm sure is done deliberately, but yeah, so much to kind of I guess uncover with these two and see where that takes us I'm not sure if Biggie's coming back. I know there's suspicions that they're gonna feud with him, and he may come back at the Royal Rumble, but maybe if that doesn't happen, if it's still true that he's not clear to wrestle, I definitely think there is an opportunity there for them to win another tag team title and continue to technically be a multiple time tag team chairman, because they haven't said they got rid of the New Day yet, so it might just be a completely different New Day obviously without Big Ee, and yeah, it will be very interesting.
Speaker 1: To see what happens there. But yeah, that's all for this week's review.
Speaker 2: Again, just continuing to try get out as much content as possible.
Speaker 1: For you guys, being able to just show what I can display here.
Speaker 2: Obviously two matches is not really much to talk about, especially with no promos or those stories behind it, but again having the platform to I guess speak about it is a plus anyway. But yeah, this is probably going to be the last show of the year until next week. And oh yeah, forgot to mention this did come out a little bit late again because yeah, these episodes in Australia. They just seem to not come out on the right time, so just been waiting for episodes to come out. They're coming out a little bit later. But at least this one managed to come just three days after it was filmed.
Speaker 1: Well, this is film.
Speaker 2: Monday Night Raw, but they get this out usually on Thursdays, so I was able to view it on Saturday here, so that was a bit of a plus. Was able to get this out yeah today, So again, thank you for tuning in and we'll catch you on the next one. And I have a happy new year as well, and yes, all the best for everyone out there, and hope twenty twenty five brings some good wrestling content and some more amazing laughs as well for you all.
Speaker 1: Cheers,