Speaker 1: Been in Skin Show. This segment is brought to you by Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen. Delicious Pizza. Oh It's so good, voted number one in town by readers of the Dallas Morning News. You are going to love it. Five different styles of pizza, They've mastered them all. Great pasta dishes, awesome bar. We love everything about it. Right there in the heart of Plano Preston and Plano Parkway. Go see it, go eat it, tell them Ben and skin Sinchiez Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: And now it's time for Basis Sweet Day Up Day, featuring veteran news anchor Kat f On tweets.
Speaker 1: Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from.
Speaker 3: Around the world.
Speaker 2: Nothing local that usually tickling my taint today, So I'm gonna go with a story out of Cleveland. But this is fascinating to me because why would the story of a random Cleveland weatherman get some national headlines. Mark Johnson is his name. He's been at Cleveland News five for about thirty years. But yeah, last Friday they announced that he is no longer employed there. This is the statement they put out. Quote, we want our audience to know that News five and its parent company take protecting our audience's trust very seriously by requiring our employees to adhere to the highest ethical standards. We cannot provide further details. And this is a personnel matter, Okay. They also added it safety and accuracy are the priority, and it's going to begin a search for his replacement. So I'm of me like, is this guy just giving some bad tornado advice or like you're in a thunderstorm warning but down sweat it not a big deal.
Speaker 1: Like I have a thought safety, I have a thought. Maybe hear it claim. Maybe they discovered that he lied and he was never a meteorologist but he proclaimed to be. I do like that. Remember like the Notre Dame football coach you can't remember his name that lied on his resume, Like you know, he got away with it for a long time. And then much like Anchorman, a rival young weather guy did, the research goes that that guy lied. He's not a meteorologist. He didn't go to the Cleveland Institute of Weather Meteorology like you said he did thirty years ago.
Speaker 2: In question, adeo, do we.
Speaker 3: Really care if they are? We don't because all I care about is that they're entertaining. Yeah, really, I don't care, Like I don't care if an actual meteorologist writes it for him and then they make it entertaining and deliver it.
Speaker 1: Or if they are a meteorologist themselves. Now I'm with you on that. But the problem in this case, if this happened, is that if you've been lying about something, then your competition goes. You're gonna trust the liar over there that's been lying to you for thirty years.
Speaker 2: You can tell the moment of truth of what they really have in their bag. When we've got tornadoes, situations happening. They can name the crossroads, they can name the counties, they know in the towns, I know, the neighborhoods.
Speaker 3: What am I talking about? Dude? WFA does it so good? They got two starting caliber quarterbacks. They're both decorated world class meteorologists, and they're credible because of that.
Speaker 1: Hey, I've done this a million times, a million times when I've bumped into a weatherman, Throw him a doppler and see how he handles it. Yeah, shit, so he catches it, does he drop it? Does he hit the red button? Like if if they if they catch that doppler and they're like uh uh uh and they kind of start they don't have the acumen. Tech is always the national champion. That is a good weather man.
Speaker 2: Uh So your theory that he is not a real weather man, that's my theory.
Speaker 3: Could you say the words again, like, I want to hear the words they use describing what Let.
Speaker 2: Me first say that he has seals of approval from the National Weather Association and the American Meteorological.
Speaker 3: That sounds like a job.
Speaker 1: That's not a degree.
Speaker 2: And wait and where did you find you got a degree at Kent State University work?
Speaker 1: No, no, in marketing. Where did you get where'd you get that information? The article? Okay, but that's what he's put out there? No, this is this is not not that. Yeah, here's the thing.
Speaker 2: The statement said, we want our audiences to know that News five takes protecting our audience's trust very seriously. Okay, trust by requiring our employees to adhere to the highest ethical.
Speaker 3: Standards, ethical standards.
Speaker 2: Safety, and accuracy.
Speaker 3: So that tells you that number one, they've betrayed the trust and they have not upheld the highest ethical standards. And listening to number three, what was the third thing, safety and safety and accuracy. So he was inaccurate, he was unsafe, and he had no integrity.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe he had unprotected sex and he missed missed.
Speaker 2: People are outraged. People magazine actually has an article about this guy, and the comments are lit up with I've been watching this channel for years. They'll never get my business mat to go because they loved Mark Johnson.
Speaker 1: Wait till they find out.
Speaker 2: Here's what I think. If I was just throwing out ideas, this is not an abligation, This is not anything that I like. This is not that. This is just like, oh, let's just get a bunch of index cards and spread them around the room and see what it is. Probably texting some high school kids.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's a great. But they were part of a weather club right now.
Speaker 2: That is actually a thing on Reddit that's going around and people have been sharing some snapchats.
Speaker 3: Okay, so what about those people that are saying I'm never going back ever again or when they come back.
Speaker 2: They're not crossing over to Reddit. They're commenting on a People magazine.
Speaker 1: They also didn't know that Channel five just got the number one pick in the Weather draft, and there's a generational weatherman coming down the pike. Hey, let me say one one quick thing, right quick. I want to say this and then move on because I know Kat is going to be mad at me. This may or may not be a plot line in friendship.
Speaker 2: I said nothing about you. No, I want to hear a thing about it. I don't want to hear a word about the show. Said the movie thing about it, I said, may or may not. All right?
Speaker 3: Coming up next, we open up the bened Skin show wayback Machine and then have a mission impossible review. That's all coming your way in the back half at the five o'clock hour.