Speaker 1: TUXI about.
Speaker 2: This is the seventy seven WABC Mini.
Speaker 1: Cast as we head into the midterm elections and Darlene Graham has her special election. We were talking earlier in the hour about her and Ralph Norman. They are down to the runoff and that's going to be on Tuesday night. Ralph Norman endorsed by Nikki Haley. And then you've got Darlene Graham, who is endorsed by the Big One, by President Trump. And here is Darlene Graham speaking at the rally. She's, of course the sister of the late Lindsay Graham, who I absolutely adored, and here she is talking about President Trump and her dedication to service.
Speaker 3: See, you were one of his closest friends.
Speaker 2: I hope you know that, and you will.
Speaker 1: Forever be part of the Graham family.
Speaker 3: And I met with the President a few weeks ago in the Oval Office, and I left that office.
Speaker 2: Knowing that he is going to work.
Speaker 3: He works every single.
Speaker 2: Day, all day long, so hard for this country. It is amazing, and.
Speaker 3: Mister President, I am proud to stand with you to work hard for this country and to work for.
Speaker 4: This great state of South Carolina.
Speaker 1: I think every single day and of course there are some questions after the debate, a lot of people talking about this fumble from Darlene Graham when she was asked about Taiwan and foreign policy. Take a listen, this is what happened during the debate.
Speaker 4: Senator, Are Taiwan and the South China Sea national security issues for the United States? If so?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, could you repeat the question?
Speaker 4: Are Taiwan and the South China Sea national security issues for the United States? And if so, why or how?
Speaker 3: I'm just going to be honest here. I'm not on national security that I'm not that informed on national security. So I do support the military. My brother was in the Air Force for thirty three years, so I will do everything I can to support the military. My dad was in the Army. I'm not a polished politician up here. National security is not my thing, not my area of expertise. But I do support the military.
Speaker 4: Carson, I will give you a chance to respond.
Speaker 1: A lot of people said, WHOA, she didn't even kind of give a half answer there, just said that's not my area. Well, of course in the Senate, Yeah, you got to focus obviously on domestic issues. Be foreign policy is a big issue. It certainly was a big issue for her brother. And today on the tarmac, President Trump try to clean that up for Darling Graham. Take a listen. That's national security.
Speaker 3: It's not her thing exactly.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 5: Oh, she was is being honest. She's very smart and she was being honest. I mean, she's into the price of groceries, the price of food, the price of beef, and it's not it hasn't been her thing. But she's surrounded by very good people. And she said that she's totally for the military. I mean she's going to do what the military wants and really what the president wants. She understands it. National security is by thing and she is a horrific woman who answered. I watched that. I thought it was a very honest answer.
Speaker 1: Actually, so will that honest answer be a plus or a minus for Darlene Graham