Speaker 1: In the sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine. The Games Mike the Bulldog BEYONDI on Jr. R.
Speaker 2: Bulldog Sports Page, brought you by Kaufman and Lynd injury attorneys. Boy, Eagles kind of let one slip through their fingertips literally last night.
Speaker 3: Dog, I'll say, and who says Kirk Cousins is over the hill? That's what they were talking about last week when the Falcons had that awful opener, Kirk Cousins coming off the torn Achilles ten and the guys over the hill. Well, he didn't look over the hill last night. He drove the Falcons down the field with just what was there like a minute thirty something left when they took over, takes him down the field, scores the game winning touchdown on a seven yard pass to Drake London, who's on my fantasy team, by the way, as the eat as the Falcons beat the Eagles twenty two to twenty one. As you mentioned, Yeah, the game did slip through the Eagles his hands. Sakwan Barkley. Wow, he dropped a short, easy pass near the goal line that would have earned the game ceiling first down instead on the drop pass the clock stop with the one forty six left that forced the Eagles to settle for a field goal that gave Cousins plenty of time to take his team down the field for the game winning touchdown.
Speaker 4: Dog, did you watch any of that game last night? Because I'm telling you the first half was just a snoozefest I had.
Speaker 2: I had to turn it off. It was boring.
Speaker 3: You want to know why I was watching that game last night. This is not going to interest lunch at all.
Speaker 2: Fam.
Speaker 3: I had Kyle Pitts on my fantasy team. All I needed him to do. All I needed him to do was score six points last night, and I win my game six points and.
Speaker 2: He did you know what?
Speaker 3: He got five five. He had his usual stat line of like two catches for seventeen yards. I don't even remember what stats were, but it wasn't enough for me to get the fan he went. Other NFL news. By the way, Bryce Young o boy number one overall draft pick twenty three two years ago. He's now been benched in favor of the red rifle Andy Dalton. I didn't even know Andy Dalton was still in the league, but yes, Andy Dalton is the new starting quarterback for the Carolina Panthers. So the number one overall pick from two years ago is on the bench now. He's been absolutely abysmal. I think you could probably call him a bus now. I mean, you look at what he's done. He's two and sixteen as a starter. The Panthers gave up a lot of capital to move up in the draft to get him. I think they gave up four picks wide receiver DJ Moore and yeah, they move up to get him, and he's been absolutely abysins more.
Speaker 5: To be fair, they've got more issues than just the quarterback position. They say, no question, no question. It's sort of like Florida State. I'm up and up in Tallahassee. The fans and the media are saying you need to bench dj uyungala Le and then put in Brock Glenn the backup quarterback. You go look at Florida State. Their receivers are dropping passes at a rate almost as high as anybody in the country.
Speaker 3: They can't run the ball. They're last in the power for and running the ball. I think they're averaging like one point four yards per carry. Yeah, so you're right, there are extenuating circumstances, But I think they're gonna have to bench a dju just like the Panthers benched Bryce.
Speaker 4: Young And for FSU, uh, everybody's you know, so hard on that coach. Don't forget last year, before they lost a good amount of players, they were undefeated. So you might want back down a little bit. That's that's my opinion. I'm you know, I root for the Noles, but just here's the only issue I have with what FSU. Yeah, obviously Mike Norvell had a great season last year, but did FSU really have to give him an eight year extension?
Speaker 1: We want Alabama to take him bulldog eight year extension at almost eleven million dollars a year, And and again, I hope and I think FSU will get it turned around maybe next year.
Speaker 3: But if they don't. If they don't, you know what everybody's gonna be doing next year. If they have another bad year next year, he's on the hot seat. Got to get rid of him. That's that's what's gonna happen. And now it's gonna cost you. I think his buyout is sixty five million now, so.
Speaker 2: So let's so let me ask you this. Obviously, you just went through all the reasons. There's more reasons obviously than a coach. But uh, let's just say that extension wasn't in place and there wasn't this sixty five, I say it owned three. He's already gone. If they if that wasn't a factor right now, No, I don't think, Oh I do these fans are.
Speaker 3: Going thirteen and oh less.
Speaker 2: Look, he obviously didn't replace using the portal the key pieces with wise choices. That's my opinion, and I don't have a dog in this hunt.
Speaker 5: Got it?
Speaker 3: Okay? But you say these fans, I mean the fans were talking about on you know, the social media mob out there.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I think there are a lot of logical thinking fans out there, or at least some. Yeah, so, you know, like Billy Napier, I do think he's gonna be gone.
Speaker 2: By the way.
Speaker 3: He was asked yesterday if he's been told anything about his future moving forward, and he insists he hasn't been told anything, and he does think there's a path for him to come back next year. I don't know if there is a path because, as you just mentioned, the fans, I think the fans have given up on this guy. So I don't know if his job can be saved.
Speaker 2: But I don't think.
Speaker 3: I don't think Mike Norvell would be fired even if he didn't have the buyout. I do. I don't understand, though, why these Why these colleges continue to sign their coaches to these.
Speaker 2: Long term deals.
Speaker 4: Why, same as the portal, they want to keep them like they want to keep their players. I'm glad I'm not coaching with this nil and portal stuff. They're pat You said it about FSU's coach. You're like, oh, he didn't do what he should have done with the portal.
Speaker 2: I would hate it.
Speaker 4: I'd be I'd have a belly ache every day.
Speaker 2: Could you imagine? Could you imagine if there was a coaching portal? Don't you wait?
Speaker 4: It's coming coming, boys, it should be Actually.
Speaker 2: It's coming. I did read something speaking of it. I'm going to give a Gator fan credit for this again, because I look, I root for the Canes, so obviously I'm feeling pretty good right now. But I'm not going to get cocky just yet because they haven't played anybody. A Gator fan suggested, Hey, why doesn't Florida approach this like an NFL style? And hire more or less a GM to make personnel decisions and free of the coach up to coach, you know, with because that that's the model that we have now, this in and out constant transfers and having to compensate players. There might be something to that.
Speaker 3: I think they should hire a GM to hire them, just like the NFL does. Let the GM hire the coach, right, Let the GM, you know, deal with the player personal yes, yeah, yeah, you know what the rumor is? What's that rumor is that the Gators may bring back urban Meyer as the GM, as you just mentioned as the GM, and then urban Meyer will make a play to go get Ryan Day from Ohio State as.
Speaker 2: Prove nothing would surprise, nothing would prize these days, right guys.
Speaker 3: And they could have him counseling anyways.
Speaker 4: They could have him counseling the kids like he's was doing at that other school for a week or two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, all right. Mike the Bulldog Byankey, host of Open Mic on AM seven forty ninety six ninety Game, takes time out of his show weekday mornings to join us here for the Sports page on j r R, brought you by Kaufman.
Speaker 3: And Land listen to Under Oath with attorney Jeff copp And every Saturday morning, seven thirty on FM ninety six nine.
Speaker 2: The game.
Speaker 3: You can catch extended versions by searching for Under Oath with Jeff copp And on your favorite streaming platform oh oh. Listen Taco on demand. Download the iHeartRadio appro