Speaker 1: It's night Side with Dan Ray. I'm telling Easy Boston's.
Speaker 2: We're talking about that horrific attack in Boulder, Colorado. At this point, I'm sure most all of you have seen the video. There was some horrific video on some of the nightly newscast or at least on one nightly newscast denign on it that I was watching that showed this guy with Molotov cocktails. He actually threw the contents of the molotoph cocktail, which lit his own clothes on fire, as well as some of the peaceful Jewish demonstrators. Look to me, I just don't understand. This just doesn't seem to end. We talked with our friend Harvey Silverglate last hour, who feels it will never end. I just don't want to accept that view that this guy should never see the light of day. His family. I would say to port the family, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I know that you're not supposed to visit the sins of the father upon the son and all of that, but I think they got to go. In my opinion, there has to be a strong statement here that when you do something this insane, there's a price to pay, and unfortunately, his family will have to pay that price as well. They're not here legally they now have He's basically out of his own family. But I want to focus not on his punishment or his family's punishment. I want to focus on how we can stop this madness because it's gone on for too long centuries. Anyone who understands. Let me go to Jim down at the Cape. Jim, I want to get to as many people as possible. Welcome you next to a nightside.
Speaker 3: Darn, how are you.
Speaker 2: I'm doing okay under the circumstances. I'm pretty upset about this. I hope you are as well.
Speaker 3: We have a problem, Dan. The problem is if you are a Christian and you believe in the Declaration of Independence and you believe in the Constitution, we are at a very loser situation here. We're dealing with religious and land war. We're dealing with a group of people who are in a generational battle to eliminate the Jews. Generational they will outlast all of us because we suffer from our own rules, freedom of speech, due process, earn the other cheek. These are all enemies to solving this problem. It's not going to happen well.
Speaker 2: I understanding by the way, Jim, I think that you're reflecting somewhat what Harvey, my friend Harvey Silverglade said. But that's a dystopian you that I don't want. I don't want to associate with. I believe, I believe in freedom. I believe in due process. I believe in all that.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I'm not saying takedad. I'm not saying take that away. Okay, dealing with a group of people of the Muslim faith will take advantage of them, and this way you will not conquer them. They will take advantage of freedom of speech.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, okay, let me let me, let me come, let me come, let me try to counter your argument. Okay, we dealt with uh, the German people in World War Two. Now, I know that all the German people did not support Hitler, but we went to war with Germany. We went to war with Japan. I don't think all the the Japanese people supported the Rising Sun military of of of the Japanese war machine. I don't think we can look at it as it's a religious war, because if you accept that, then it's onward Christian soldiers and let's see what the heck happens, and we'll all blow each other up. I just if I embrace your view, then then let's talk about something else. Let's let's talk about something less important.
Speaker 4: I want to try to no, no, no, no, this is very important to understand that the Muslim thing believes in the utter destruction of the Jews, and then they will beat us if you listen to them talk.
Speaker 2: It's generation some some some Muslims might believe.
Speaker 3: Okay, so there's a billion dan, and let's say it's twenty percent. Take twenty percent of a billion and tell me how many that is. It's a lot.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it's twenty percent. And again I understand, and I understand your argument. I just don't accept it. And I think that when we talk about let me give you an example. Let me try to put a piece of evidence in front of you. We've seen some progress with the Abraham Accords. You're familiar with the Abraham Accords. I assume absolutely. Okay, Israel, which was totally isolated for decades, now is opening up some commercial trade routes, opening up some airplane mutual air air flights back and forth between Israel and some Muslim countries. And I think that ultimately people can be convinced that it's in everyone's interest to have have to prosper with peace then than to die through ideology. That doesn't mean that we will that we will convince them all, but I'm hoping, hoping that at the end of the day we can uh persuade enough people of whatever religion that uh, you know, I understand what you're saying, but I I I can't give up hope. If I give up hope, I should surrender this microphone.
Speaker 3: And I don't want you to hope. They want you to just hope. Damn hope is not a solution.
Speaker 2: So what's okay, give me the give me the solution. Sounds to me like you're so dystopian. You're saying there is no solution, I think, is what you're saying.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you Okay, Well that's okay.
Speaker 2: Well then okay, I understand what you're saying. I'm just gonna disagree with you. Build a bomb shelter, that's what you gotta do.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, This war is not between us. This war is between a certain group and another group that is never going to be statisfied.
Speaker 2: So what do you think when one of the when one of the bad groups gets a nuke and they decide to throw it in on Israel. Do you think we're gonna sit back and say, well, that's a tough break for Israel. I don't think so.
Speaker 3: I don't think. I don't think that group is dumb enough to do it.
Speaker 2: Oh, let me tell you. Do me a favor. If you want to talk about go look at the leadership in Iran. Okay, it's not the group, it's the leadership. Jim dystopian view. Always appreciate it. I disagree with it, but thank you for presenting a different point of view.
Speaker 4: If you shut up and keep praying, I'll keep praying.
Speaker 2: I'll keep working too, Okay, because God helps those who help themselves. Thank you, Jim. We'll take a break only line six, one, seven nine. Bring it on. We've had If you want to agree with Jim, that's fine. I'm not going to agree with Jim, and I hope you don't, but I'm not gonna prevent you. I'm a First Amendment guy. Whatever your viewpoint, bring it on back on Nights Out after this.
Speaker 1: You're on Night Side with Dan Ray on WBS Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Let's keep rolling. Here, I'm gonna try to pick the pace up a little bit. Mike and Beverley. Mike next on nightside.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, Hey you hand.
Speaker 2: Me, yes, sir, Mike here you perfectly go right ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So wow, girl, bless it, Dan, I get me. Here's some of the comments today about the situation. This is exactly why this situation is gone like this. You know, the left wing party, you know, was shed to leave AOC Jasmine Crockett Senator to Shuma, like where are they and AOC and all of them are out on the left somewhere else. And then you know, you get the school situation around with the all the stuff going on the college campus is like it's it's off the hook. And then Trumps signed to get ready of it all and and all this sort of stuff, and the court systems and judges are all, you know, up and arms about it because oh first man, man, come on.
Speaker 2: But here's the deal, Mike, Mike, we can politicize it another night, Okay. I'm not looking to politicize it. What I'm trying to find people of both parties, of all political persuasions who will join tonight and say we have to stamp this out. Now. I have suggested. I have suggested that the media has a responsibility to stamp this out. That people who are influencers, famous athletes, famous actors and actresses, intellectual leaders, political leaders, including some who if you've mentioned, need to stand up and say to their constituents, this shall not stand. And people who do not want to join that chorus need to be outcast need to be castigated. In my opinion, this is the moment. This is a moment in time where you're either opposed to anti Semitiy or you're ambivalent. You you cannot be ambivalent. You cannot you can vote present. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I I get it, damn but unfortunate. Damn sorry, but it's not going to happen. Unfortunately because you had the left wing and know you want to policize it, but you know all that sort of stuff, Well they're not.
Speaker 2: No another one that's politicizing it, Mike. What I'm saying is I want to chale Mike, listen for me for one second, Okay, thank you. I want to challenge everybody. Okay, if there are people on the far right who still hold anti Semitic viewpoints, I want to isolate them, and uh and and and and keep them out of legitimate politics. I want to get rid of them. I don't want people who might agree with you and me on I don't know, let's say, closing the borders, but if if they if they harbor in tight Semitic viewpoints, I want nothing to do with them. At the same one, I want to leave and I want Omar and I want everyone on the progressive left to denounce this without question. Elon Omer would not denounce the killing of the two embassy staff people. A couple of weeks ago, she was asked about that, and she said, I have no comment. You could have no comment about a lot of stuff, but you can't have no comment about that because no comment about that is tacit approval.
Speaker 5: Of course, it is definitely is. You know, I don't know how else to describe it. Then yeah, I ain't to stand your point. You want both sides of it, And for me, I think the right is trying to clean it up. But you know, I want everyone to clean it up, Mike.
Speaker 2: I want everyone to clean it up. And somebody, if somebody has a couple of beers with you this weekend and tells a funny joke that that is that has that that of anti Semitism. I want you to have the guts to say to your friend, you know what, I don't find that funny. I don't find it funny, particularly in view of what happened in Colorado last week. That's what I think we need to start to do. I think, I think, and I think you have the uh ocones as as the Italians would say, to do that. I encourage you to do that.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, thanks to talk to you.
Speaker 2: Let's keep rolling here, gonna go next to Eileen in Waltham. I lean you in next on nightsig go.
Speaker 6: Right ahead, something close to the home. Did you read anything on them? I T graduation.
Speaker 2: I think that there was some some student president.
Speaker 7: Who gave delivered delivered.
Speaker 2: Remarks which which she had not cleared with the administration, and then she was prevented from participating in the graduation.
Speaker 6: Is that what you're talking When she's started those eknocs. Why didn't the president of that college, sitting on the stage with her, get up and tell her to leave take a stand?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I think mit did take a stand. Now it could have been I didn't hear the remarks. I didn't know how long they went. I didn't know what. She could have delivered a speech for ten minutes, and the first nine minutes could have been very you know, acceptable, and.
Speaker 6: The Jewish students had time to get up and walk out. Most ok, Well, then that's it was inappropriate. It was an inappropriate speech. You have Jewish students there. They all got up and walked out. So the president, the president of the college could have got up at that point and said you need to leave too.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Let me ask you this, since I read the story in the paper that that she was not permitted to participate, I guess to walk across the stage or whatever it was. I wish I had the capacity to read all the manutia of every everything. What was it?
Speaker 6: If you persident, I should have got up and stood.
Speaker 2: Up right in the question for you. I got a question.
Speaker 6: That's that's that's encouraging it.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, Sorry, I.
Speaker 2: Got a question.
Speaker 8: Go ahead.
Speaker 2: What was it exactly that this student said? Because I don't know what she's.
Speaker 6: She came out with some claiming that basically Israel was committee genocide against the Palestidians, which.
Speaker 7: Is totally from the totally wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well again that might be her opinion.
Speaker 8: If the.
Speaker 6: Israel was committing genocide, they certainly are very very bad at itulation.
Speaker 2: I would I would agree with that point, I think, and I think that's that's an excellent point. Okay, thank you for bringing that to everyone. Have a great night, you too, good night. Let me go next to ken in Bridgewater. Can you were next time? I said, welcome, Go right ahead.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Hi, Dan, how you doing fine? Good good. So I'm just going to relay some information that i have because it's it's in my in my family. So first of all, I'm retired and I've got you know, I've got grandkids that are in the military, and and that's fine, and we're really proud of them. And I'm a Christian, but we love the Jews because you know, my Savior is a Jew.
Speaker 2: So you know, I've said something similar, Go right ahead.
Speaker 9: Okay. So that being said, I'll try to keep it very general. So someone in my family has a friend and this friend has a couple of nieces and nephews. I think they're around six and eight years old, and they attend a Muslim school. Now the family is it's a mixed family, so you have I think Protestant and Muslim faith and they're a prominent family in the community. Nice people, very nice people, beautiful children, very nice. They go to Muslim school locally, not in this area where I am established. Yeah, okay. So they come home and they've got these these little bags and they're they're asking friends and friends of family. They're doing a collection for the people of Gaza because it's it's you know, there's a war going on, and it's all very nice and they want to get you know, maybe some clothing items and maybe if you have some money to donate, and it's all very nice, and the school is going to put it all together. And then the little girl says to the mom. She says, but we are not going to give anything to the Jews because we hate the Jews.
Speaker 2: Well, someone's planting that in that child's mind.
Speaker 9: Well that's coming from the Muslim school. So my jaw drops and when I hear this, and I just add this tonight because it just adds to the scope of the problem. And this is what's going on over in the Mid East too, because it's just in it's just drilled into heads of the children that they hate the Jews.
Speaker 2: No, and I've seen that, by the way, I have seen reports on that, and I understand that. And obviously for people who historically don't know, what happened was there was an election in Gaza in two thousand and six and the Palestinian people elected a government run by Hamas. Hamas has never had a second of follow on election, and they elected bad people just like right, we could elect the bad president, or we could elect the badness or a bad that, and they are now suffering the consequences of that choice from two thousand and six, which has never stood for reelection. I would hope that if there was a reelection today, they were Democrats. You know, I must say I will acknowledge Hamas was democratically elected. I don't know if we had observers there from the United Nations or from the United States to make sure the election, but I read nothing to suggest that the election in two thousand and six was anything but above board. But there's been no greed follow on election, and there was a lot of that stuff that goes on there where they try to inculcate kids with hatred. My problem is that in this country, in this country, we have to make our kids in our schools understand that the Holocaust did exist, and that the bias and the anti Semitism towards Jewish people has existed for centuries, that they were as in Eastern Europe for many years, nothing that anybody should be proud of. That during World War two and leading up to World War two, Catholics in Poland turned a blind eye to what was going on in the concentration camps. Those are all things that no one should be proud of, but they need to be acknowledged and accepted, and people understand that those mistakes can never again be allowed to occur. That's that's all I'm trying to say. And I want to hear from people who who we admire. I want to hear from professional athletes who we admire, whether it's you know, again David Ortiz or Derek Jeter or or or Tom Brady or or whatever whomever it is, and in every city in America, and from actors and actors is all of those people who we hold up on pedicials. I want to hear from them denouncing anti Semitism. I want schools to denounce anti semitism before it's too late.
Speaker 9: Okay, right, agreed, It's very serious, and I agree with you and and your forum here on your show is a great platform to get the self. Gives people something to think about and then maybe hopefully take some action.
Speaker 2: So well, I'm trying as hard as I I'm trying as hard as I can. I wish, I wish they were more people who I heard will hear from tonight. The phones have been pretty busy, but I like to see these phones five lines full and then as soon as one line drops, this one line open right now, which is which troubles me. Okay, I don't like to see lines open. I want to see that line folds six seven nine thirty when you drop, I want someone to fill six foot seven two five four to ten thirty. Anyway, Okay, again you as a listener, again as a caller, thank you, be right back on night's side. Got two lines, one at six one seven and one at six one seven nine. Uh Tammy in Ohio will join us next. I got Matt, I got Ramon in Leminster, and I got room for you. Please don't be complicit in this. Silence is tacit approval. If you want to tell me I'm wrong bring it on. Okay, I'd much prefer to hear from as many voices tonight, young and old, of all backgrounds, denouncing anti Semitism. It is evil. It is an evil that we need to get rid of in our society. Back on Nightside, after this.
Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: Back to the phones we go. Let's go to Tammy in Ohio. Tammy, appreciate your patience. You're next on night Side.
Speaker 10: You're awesome.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Tom. I appreciate that. That's a good start. He's gonna be all downhill from here. Go ahead. Damn. I'm sorry.
Speaker 10: I just want to make a quick statement.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 10: I work with a guy who is Jewish, and after what happened in Israel, he like clammed up. You know, he went and talk to anybody. You know, he's on his own. He grew up in Man and I don't know how he ended up here. Yeahda yeah, Okay. So now he's like he's realizing that everyone around him is not going to let anybody hurt him.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what you're saying is that he now is fearful, is what you're saying to me.
Speaker 10: No, No, he's not, because he's surrounded by the people that he's around, you know, you know, all right, Okay.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what you're saying is he has a group of people, including you, who will who have his back. Okay, that's wonderful, that's wonderful. Whereabouts in Ohio are you? Don't tell me what will you work? But what town where you located in Ohio?
Speaker 10: I I don't want to give it up.
Speaker 2: That's fine, no problem, that's no problem. Let me ask you. Have you called my show before? Is it's your first time calling?
Speaker 10: No, this was my first time.
Speaker 2: Well, we got to give you a love.
Speaker 10: I can't ask the baseball games and everything.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to give you round of applause, thank you for you're like my uh Paul Revere. Well, I kind of some days do feel like a Paul Revere. Paul Revere's hometown and he had to warn people about the British are coming. I feel some nights I got to get on a high horse here and yell at people and say, hey, we got too much anti Semitism in this country. And it's not up to the Jewish people to stop it. It's up to us who are non Jewish. And I assume with a name like Tammy. You probably are not Jewish. Maybe you are. I don't know, but I'm not. And but this really bothers me. It's as simple as that.
Speaker 11: Keep up the good work.
Speaker 10: Do you have a good evening?
Speaker 2: You too, Tammy? Do me a favor. I'm looking forward to calling back. Okay, thanks, thank you so much. Have a great night. Good night. Let me go to Matt. Matt a little closer to home. Hey, Matt, next on nights.
Speaker 12: I go ahead, Hey, Dan, how you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm doing fine. I wish we had, you know more, last hour was a little slower than I wanted, but it's picking up.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, well, I mean, I definitely have been vocal on this subject. I think this is important subject, not only domestically. It is what's going on when somebody in Colorado has a terror attack and decides to throw molotov cocktails and attack twelve people after being here told to leave and his family needs to leave on one point, yelling out free Palestine, playing it on and off as which these people are trying to separate the two. We're trying to call it.
Speaker 7: No, we don't like this.
Speaker 8: Like Jews, there's anti Zionism. They hate us. They hate me, They hate me as a Jew from in America. They hate my grandparents who went through the Holocaust, and who would have I have so many great friends from Iran and from that area. There are good people there. I stand for those good people. For the people who don't, I don't stand for it. And it's one point eight billion buff billion Muslims in the world, and I know means are they all bad? There are too many people calling in with me misinformation and what I'm saying, okay, so they can correct me, but I'm going to call it close to the factual and I could base it. And it's just it's just angering to me to hear here. Dan, you know how I feel. I grew up like this and it's just very disappointing to see the diatribe of anti Semitism all over. People say that I'm a genocidal maniac, and I just i'min a Jew here in America. I get that told all the time to me, Well.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't have to put up with that. That's the sort of language that you know, we have free speech, but also I have free speech and I have a microphone, and that's why I'm opening this microphone up tonight and I'll do it again. There's just some of these attacks have been horrific. What happened in Bolder, Colorado. What happened in Washington, DC with the young couple, by the way, the young woman who was from Prey Village, Kansas, she's Jewish, Okay. The guy who was killed, who grew up in Israel, happened to have been Christian. Ironically, so this this guy you know, killed an American Jew uh and and a Christian Israeli uh and was yelling free Palestine. And when these people yelled free Palestine and from the river to the sea, uh and uh a Infidada, now Infidada forever. You know what that means, Matt, I mean, I know, I know, I know what it means that I know what it means, and it goes both ways.
Speaker 8: I will not saying that there are people who are not of Jewish or Judaic faith, who are not on the opposite side. And there were in these campuses growing these things. If it's becoming a popular movement, the somebody book, no clue what's going on. Want to make some friends on campus, want to have a tent set up, and I can understand some of it, but I want to hear real numbers, and I want to hear your actual dialogue where people can come to the table equally discuss and solve the problem and not just throw insults at each other. It annoys me, but it doesn't get the name man.
Speaker 2: I hear all right, fair enough, Matt, I appreciate it's always got full lines. Gotta keep rolling. But he talk to you soon. Thanks for you. Call Ramone in Leminster. Hi, Ramone, Welcome to Night Side.
Speaker 11: How are you hey? Not too bad yourself?
Speaker 2: I'm hanging in there. Have I had the pleasure of your company on this show before? Is this your first time calling?
Speaker 11: No? I have I have we have talking before?
Speaker 2: Okay, what's up? Let's your take?
Speaker 11: Oh well, I'm not I'm not you wish I'm not Palestinian. I mean I have been watching both sides for a while. Israel that they can rule all these people that they looking for without taking so many he's the war. I mean, I have just seen too many women and children that being slaughter. And I mean and that i've been Colorado shouldn't have had happened as well. But I mean, if you put them, if you put both things on the scale of the amount of people that are dying. I do not agree with the people that are dying. But like I said, I'm just looking for and when is it gonna stop? When are they gonna stop killing women and children?
Speaker 2: I mean, so Ramon, just so I understand here when you say when are they going to stop killing women and children? Who's the day we're talking about?
Speaker 11: Well, I mean the war that is going on now with Israel and the Palestinian I you.
Speaker 2: Know, they But I'm trying to understand. I'm just trying to understand, and I'm just looking for some clarity here. You said they got to stop. I think I heard you say they a pronoun, a plural pronoun. They got to stop killing women and children. Who's the day we're talking about?
Speaker 11: Well, it's Israel. I mean the war is between Palestine and Israel.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think the wars between Palestine and Israel the wars between Hamas and Israel. Let me ask you this, correct, Well, let me ask you this. If I could, Ramon, if if Hamas had not attacked and slaughtered Israelis in October of twenty twenty three, beheaded children, killed, grandmothers, and grandfathers, you know, and killed parents and rape. Yeah. Yeah, so what what should have what should have Israel done at that point? Should have they just said, hey, it's been it's just a bad day here, or what should have they? No?
Speaker 11: No, I mean if due to the conflict the war has stop it, I mean I think with the technology capabilities that they have, they should have a more type of like who they killing here? I mean, like I said, I don't agree we're now to that, but I mean I just feel that.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this, Ramon if I could, do you think that when America bombed Germany and bomb Dresden in the enduring World War two? Do you think that we killed any innocent German women and children?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 11: Yes, I think that's what it's called casualties.
Speaker 2: Of war exactly exactly. Yea.
Speaker 11: But I mean they might as well just go ahead and drop a noop and get it over with over there, you know, I mean, the way they're going, Well.
Speaker 2: I hope that doesn't happen. All I'm just saying is that when you start a war, when Hamas starts a war and they hide in the basements of wre of hospitals and schools, I don't know what we would expect Israel to do, that's all. But look, you presented a different point of view. You presented it rationally, and I thank you for calling.
Speaker 11: Oh well, thank you very much. It's just I mean, I don't know. I don't know what this world is coming to.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I don't think we're headed in a good direction. Thanks for mom. We'll talk soon, all right, gon take quick break. We got one more segment coming up. I try to get everybody in you stay right there, coming back on night Side.
Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, we got full lines. Let's try to get everybody in here. I'm going to ask everybody to tighten it up. There's Steve in the truck in New York. Steve, where are you headed to?
Speaker 5: I'm heading off.
Speaker 12: I'm going to chick Apee and up to Leiston, Maine. But Dan, I feel it having this that you feel with October seventh, as a lot of people do a frustration with Mario to call of they just those people have just bought into an evil ideology. That's just evil, that's just wrong. I love Israel because God, that's God's chosen people, and I'll tell you when stuff like this happens that just oh, you just know who the evil.
Speaker 11: One is, you know.
Speaker 12: And I really have a hard time thinking it's going to stop. But education is very important, as you said, But I just seeing it intensifying because we don't have a lot of time left. I know that sounds more of it, but biblically we don't. And that's why you're seeing everything intensified. Dan.
Speaker 4: That's all.
Speaker 2: Well, So I hope that that we that we can turn this around. And i'd like to start to write and this will be a theme of the program. And I hope I get professional athletes, you know, football players, baseball players, basketball players, hockey players, soccer players who people admire, influencers, young people, old people, middle aged people, everybody, just to announce this and say this has gone on for too long, too many centuries. Steve, be careful, please drive carefully tonight, Please drive well.
Speaker 12: Thank you, thanks you please.
Speaker 2: Steve has always talked soon. Michael and Attleborough. Michael next on Nisaga right ahead, Yeah, good sir, you tight on time. I want to hear from you.
Speaker 4: I don't get this. I don't get it.
Speaker 7: You grew up like me. I believe you're a.
Speaker 2: Writer around my age, and the biggest thing we got was you got the Irish, got you Italians.
Speaker 5: You don't know a lot about the Jewish. You were just sold they were rich.
Speaker 2: Now, you know, that's really not my experience. My experience. I grew up in a little port of Boston called Reedville, which is part of High Park. And the people who my family taught me to admire with the merchants on Blue Hill Avenue, the butcher's and the baker and the candlestick makers, and these were not wealthy people. These were people who worked hard, right, right. But I'm just saying, I'm just saying, you know, when you mentioned h different nationalities, it was none of this.
Speaker 8: All of the Jewish you're so say hate for them, There was none of that.
Speaker 7: And my mother, if I said something bad like that, I would have got whacked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, I agree, there was even now the world was the word no, well again had a slang word for that. Yeah. No. But what I'm saying is, when when I was growing up, the idea was that by the people who who ran the businesses and the stores on Blue Hill Avenue, you know, the GG Delicatessen, those those people who were to be admired, you know, and and you know, I remember, you know, reading the biography of Mo Burgh, the baseball catcher who was a spy for the US prior to World War Two while he was on a tour of Japan with Major League Baseball players. His purpose was to find out about military installations over there. We knew we were going to war with Japan. And Mo Burg was a was a professional baseball player, catch for the Red Sox, and he was a soldier spy. So you know, those were heroes. Jesse Owens was a hero. Jesse Owens put to lie the the Aryan complex that Hitler believed in, and that was all predecessor in nineteen thirty six Olympics. So we just got to kind of instill that back in people these days. I don't know how many kids today know who Mo Burg was or know who Jesse Owens was.
Speaker 8: That's all knocking to you can't you can't change it because of the internet.
Speaker 2: Well said, we could use the internet. We need to use the internet. Michael. I got to run here because I got we've done. We've done. Thank you much for you call. I appreciate your friend all right, going to get everybody in here quickly, Jeff and Whitman. Jeff next on nightside. We're getting tight on time. Go ahead, Jeff, so Van.
Speaker 7: If there's always a problem that you brought brush people based on their nationality, we get it from say like the stereotypical French person spitting on the ground when you say you're American.
Speaker 11: We do.
Speaker 7: The Arabs do it to us. But and they're doing it to the Israelis. They're going after Jewish people because of what happened there and what their opinions are. But if we do that to the Palestinians, oh, everybody is bad for doing that. You got to give them extra room. But with that culture, I mean, you have a indoctrination at very young of kill the Jews. They even have children's books about doing that to get kids indoctrinated. No, I know that got.
Speaker 2: Br We you know, we can't go in there and by force of military prevent these schools that they teach that. But we we can. We can teach that in our schools. We can make people understand the history. That's all I'm trying to say. And we we we need to have PSAs here in America. You know, using professional athletes people. Young kids look up to athletes, they look up to actors, actresses, Internet people. That's all I'm saying. That's all I'm really. It's almost like something simple. Let's give piece of chance. Let's give education a chance. That's all.
Speaker 7: I'm a child of the eighties. We have PSAs, we had Snuffy the fire Engine, we had the Man, we had g I Joe, bring it back. I'm with you, all right.
Speaker 2: Jeff, thank you much, man, appreciate it. Two we're gonna get too. And Christine, I got room for you and room for Michael. Go ahead, Christine.
Speaker 11: I think it's so sad. What is happening.
Speaker 6: So it's outright, it's so sad, and.
Speaker 2: We got to somehow tune it. We got to somehow tune it around. We can lament it, but let's let's fix it. Let's change it.
Speaker 10: How come nobody nobody's saying anything like the politicians or anybody.
Speaker 8: It's it's being like just swept under the run.
Speaker 2: Well, won't be swept out of the rug on nightside, and we'll call we'll call politicians out and every one of these politicians should be put on on the spot and have and have them denounce. If you can't announce what happened in Colorado, you shouldn't meet in the in the public spotlight.
Speaker 6: In my opinion, right exactly, Thanks for sactly.
Speaker 2: Thank you appreciate it. Uh done for the night everybody. To those of you who called and made sense, thank you, thank you very much. You did not disappoint. I'll be back tomorrownight and I'm going to get on Facebook Live Nightside with Dan Ray in just a moment. I want to thank Rob, I want to thank Marita, I want to thank all the calls. I want to thank all of the listeners, and I want to remind you all dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's what Mike pal Charlie Rays who passed fifteen years ago in February. That's why your pets are who passed. They loved you, You loved that. I do believe you'll see them again. See again tomorrow night on night Side everyone, Dan Ray for Nightside. Have a good Wednesday.