Speaker 1: Welcome to Destiny. Now here's your host, Cliff Dunning.
Speaker 2: Hey, how are you come on in? Let's have a talk about what's happening lately. You know, I'm kind of gonna skip over a little bit because Destiny is the little sister for Earth ancients. And I got some news that just can't wait. You know, we have been talking and reporting on this what we thought was new satellite imagery called SARS Synthetic Aperture Radar, and there have been all types of claims from it piercing the underground up to a couple of miles to show everything and anything, and piercing rock and some meant and all types of sediment to get underground, to get into the body of the Great Pyramids and other structures. And many people, rightly so, have questioned this because how does a satellite beam pierce the ground and get underground. Well, I have it on good authority from a former serviceman Air Force serviceman and I can't give out his name, that SARS has been part of the satellite arsenal for many years weaponry used in armed forces, and they have something similar to SARS. I think it's called SAAAR, and I don't know what the other A stands for, but apparently they've been using it effectively for something like thirty years, and according to him, it can pierce the ground and go underground over a mile. So now I am completely I mean, I'm excited, but I'm a little perplexed because the imagery we got back from Beoni.
Speaker 1: And May.
Speaker 2: And the team, the Stars team, the Italian team, you know, it shows these images and now we can kind of think, yeah, yeah, these are actually going underground and it's actually showing these long tubular protrusions, and it's showing rooms, and it's showing walkways and tunnels, and that's just underneath the Cufu and Kaffree Pyramid. And two years ago, twenty twenty two, and I was I couldn't believe it when those images came out. What looks to be rooms, canals and shafts in the Cufu and Kaffree Pyramid are actually there, are actually there. So this is something that has been kept under wraps until very recently. I asked if this gentleman would come forth and speak publicly. He is not allowed to, and he wouldn't say to me if he had signed an NBA or not non disclosure agreement or not. And he didn't say if he was still in service or not, but he made it very plain to me through email that this type of scanning technology was very much in play and actively being used by the military. Now, what that also tells me is that it's being used for placement of bunker bombs. These are these huge bombs, sixty ton or bigger bombs that are used to pierce the surface, pierce cement, concrete, and attack underground and reinforced buildings, military buildings. And that makes sense. You know, if it's a half a mile underground or more, how are you going to know where to where to drop the bomb? Well, this s a ar star like satellite imagery would have to be in play. So the other thing, and I don't I didn't bring this up until I went back and looked at it. The scan gate that was used by Carmen Bolter and Klaus Donna was a military scanning technology used by the British. And I'm really beginning to wonder if it's the same type of scanning tech, very very top secret that the Americans have that we use. So this is brand new news. I don't know how Bioni. Filipo Bioni, the technician on the Star's team, was able to get that satellite to scan the pyramid, to scan underneath the pyramid or if it was declassified, and this must be the way, this must be the story. It's declassified data. Just mind blowing, just amazing. Now we're gonna be seeing renditions of these underground scans of the Cufun Caffree Pyramid real, real soon. I'm hoping within the year. We just had Trevor Grassi on talking about Hawara the Labyrinth, and I'm wondering if we're gonna get clarification on that as well, because what they had to do is they had to tune it in a little bit. They had to adjust the frequency to have more of a solid image, and then we get into three dimensional renderings, and I'd love to see a good rendering of what's underneath the pyramids in Giza. So anyhow, that's the latest news. It is exciting and it is groundbreaking, and it is very rare that we understand are giving the a look at this top secret technology that is being used in archaeology with great success. I might add as well, so SARS tech. Wow, amazing. Hey, today's program is on allergies. It's a program that I've wanted to have on for a while. Not only allergies asthma, and you know, every spring and summer, even in the fall and winter, people have allergic reactions to blooming flowers, weed, grasses, and we even get into food allergies as well, and this is something that we want to address. But the beauty of today's program is we're looking at it from a holistic perspective. And our guest today is a allopathic doctor who got tired of recommending steroids and very powerful anahystamines that really damaged the immune system rather than strengthen it. And he has come across and is now using a whole new holistic system that relieves people of really debilitating allergies. And of course, if you have asthma, that's really really debilitying. Some people have had childhood asthma and are restricted in their activities and are restricted in what they can do as young people, and it's just really really a challenge. And the typical allopathic remedies are just too much. They're toxic, they're powerful immune suppressant drugs. So my program today is The program today is called Allergy and Asthma Solution, the ultimate program for reversing your symptoms, one drop out a time. And my guest is doctor Dean Mitchell, and this is a real fun interview from a really inspiring and heads up doc. So I hope you enjoy it. You know, every so often I do a tour that I consider a vision quiz. This is where you start and you finish and you have been transformed in some respect from the interaction with pyramids, with shaman, with special people. And we have one coming up this December called Sacred Temple Tour of Guatemala. It's going to be December first to the twelfth of the month. This is the chance to meet with shaman and archaeologists and people who understand energy, ancient energy, all in one area. You may have heard one of the hosts of the program. That's going to be doctor Lydia de Leong and her partner Arturo and we're gonna be led through a series of programs initiations, but the majority of this tour is interacting with buildings, ancient temples, pyramids that we don't sit and look at, we actually interact with through ceremony, through meditation and through connecting. To join this tour, go to Earth Ancients dot com forward slash tours. Check it out and the itinerary is fantastic. We'll be in Guatemala, which is the heart of Ticall, one of the largest May cities in the world, and we will go to many other places as well. For all the details, again go to Earth Ancients dot com, forward slash tours. If you have any questions whatsoever, send me an email. Send it to Earth Agents the number four of the letter you at gmail dot com. Come out, do this vision, quest and heal, invigorate and transform. Destiny is all about tools for transformation. We have a good one for you today. We're into the summer months and that means allergies are on the rampage. If you are somebody who deals with allergies or asthma, this is a good show for you. My guest today is doctor Dean Mitchell. He has written a book called Allergy and Asthma Solution, The Ultimate program for reversing your symptoms one drop at a time. And the reason that we have doctor Mitchell on the program is this is a holistic approach to treating allergies and asthma. That is I think kind of radical. Although the book came out in twenty oh six, I think we're going to learn today that there is a great solution to your issue. So doctor Mitchell, welcome to Destiny. Great to have you on the program.
Speaker 1: Thank you, it's really pleasure.
Speaker 2: Hey, tell us a little bit about your background. You are actually you're an allopath. Obviously you went to med school, but as an allergist, what was your interest during your education, because that's kind of a typical specialty.
Speaker 1: That's a good question, you know. I trained in the mid to late nineteen eighties in New York at the height of the AIDS epidemic. So coming right out of medical school, I came into the hospitals here in New York City and immediately as the very young doctor, was taking care of twenty AIDS patients and it was a really harrowing time because patients were dying every week. We didn't really have the medications that we have today that's made in a chronic Liverpool condition, and those initial three years of internal medicine residency got an amazing amount of unfortunately, of exposure to these patients that had all kinds of infectious diseases. So it was really it's the kind of thing that leaves an imprint on your career. And then I did two more years of training at the same hospital in allergy, infectious diseases, and I meanology. It was a combined type of program. So again I had the contrast. I was working at times in the hospital with very ill patients. The other times I was going to the clinic and seeing children and adults with allergies, asthma. You know, the kind of things that are you know, outpatient, you know, routine things that you commonly see in practice. And I think we'll start to sit with me and we'll kind of see the rest of my evolution into holistic medicine. I kind of got the feeling, you know. I always tell the medical students that I teach. I said, you know, youve got to make a really important decision while you're in medical school at some point, like where do you what field do you think you want to practice? Yeah, because it's so different. If you're obviously a rediologist or antesceesiologist you're not really talking to patients very much, you know, or a pathologist they're dealing a lot with people who have passed I knew I liked dealing with patients. I also knew I like dealing with children and adults. I think I would have been the classic family practitioner EP. Yeah, because I like taking care of families. You learned so much. But I also always had this strong desire and interest in immunology, you know, and really dating back to like Louis Pastor and all the great immunology, just like how they actually cured diseases through using your own immune system, you know, through vaccinations at that time. So I think that's where I ended up going into the field that I went into. And I guess I said, I really enjoyed not being pigeonholed into all you just take care of either elderly men like would say in neurology, or you're a pediatrician, you just take care of children. I like taking care of all ages.
Speaker 2: So you have a private practice where you see all ages. And as an allergist, are you are you that's specifically what you're seeing patients for or you kind of still kind of grab a little bit of everything, and.
Speaker 1: Well, my practice is really evolved. I would say the first decade of my practice was strictly aalogy you know, seeing kids asthma, allergic eczema and all kinds of sinus and stuff interesting, and over time actually accep in practice with my wife, who's the smarter in the office. Here, I started to gravitate into holistic medicine. I actually did very specialized training with somebody Northern California, doctor Dean Ornish. Yeah, programs, he's He was a big influence on me about how you know, his work, which is fascinating. You know, reversing heart disease through diet and lifestyle had a tremendous impact on me at you know, early in my career, and I kept on following that thread. You know, I did some training with John cabot Zim's program on meditation and Wow Yoga, So it kept on taking me deeper and deeper in And yet I was trying to balance my conventional medicine with that because I do think it's important. I said, I sew patients. I said, I'm the ven diagram between these two worlds. I think that's why a lot of patients come to see me. I'm grounded and I was trained by really good conventional alopathic doctors because I think our diagnostic capabilities are important, and you know, but on the other hand, again, when I found that, I actually, as I said, I learned from my wife there there were times when I felt like, gosh, I don't have anything to off to this patient. And she had worked with somebody earlier who had done a lot of holistic functional medicine, and we were bringing that into the practice and I saw more and more there was a use for that as well.
Speaker 2: Interesting would you say, usually we're gonna talk about your practice, your specific techniques protocol for allergies, but would you say you're getting pushed back from the pharmaceuticals because that's that's a drug protocol, which is like we want the quick fix, yeah, and we're shutting the immunity immune system down.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That's an interesting question because you know what I said. For a long time, you know, back in the day, it was a little bit uncomfortable and probably in my more early years class Clougy the drug companies again, the way they used to do it. They had a rep coming to your office every week. They were bringing you launch and this and that to and I was very uncomfortable with that. Not only that too. Where I ended up finding out too is they're basically tracking you your descriptions. That's why they're coming. They would go to local pharmacies. They say, oh, doctor Mitchell's writing for a lot of this medicine or that medicine. We got to either get him to write more or whatever. And I wanted nothing to do with that. So as we move more and more into the holistic and functional part of my practice and the sublingual drops, which we'll talk about, they stopped coming around. I was like out of their sphere, which was fired with me. I didn't need them bring in me a lunch I could buy. I could buy my own lunch.
Speaker 2: That's I mean, that's kind of interesting you say that, because I've always had the impression that you're almost required to submit prescription drugs to, you know, your patients. But I guess if you're not working in a clinic or a hospital system like I'm in the Kaiser system here in California, perhaps it's different. On your own. You don't have to be pressured into that.
Speaker 1: It's not just that too. Again, what was so surprising to me because I had no clue about this that you know, honestly, like pharmacies made money by selling the lists of the doctors that wrote prescriptions, not what patients' names, but they were getting data and said, you know, like, I was taken back once when a drug rep came in and I can't remember it was about an antibiotic or something. Go, you're Docticchell, Can you tell us why you're not writing for this? It's like, how do you know what I'm writing for? That bothered me And I might have said, well, I don't write fricks. I don't think it's effective, but I think, you know, it's not the best choice for my patients. And they wouldn't come back, which was fine, and I think it was my first taste of like I'd rather be independent than beholden.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good for you. Hey, let's talk about allergies. What is an allergy? Why do people are they affected by an allergic reaction?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You know, allergies are basically our immune system getting inflamed and triggered during a reaction that typically we wouldn't think the body has to react against. And there's some funny stories I could quickly get in, but you know, so again, typically in a bad poling season, whether it's in northern California or here on the East coast. You know, when the three pounds really hard, patients really suffer. I've seen people over the years, they go out, they want to go to the park, they like to play golf, and they're sneezing and they're trouble breathing and they're just really uncomfortable. They're fatigued. So essentially this is where from repeated exposure, the body develops an allergy, so that upon exposure to that environmental trigger, it releases testamine all the things that we are. You know, people hear about that's what they take anti the histamines, and they're uncomfortable. And the funny thing is, this is the kind of a funny story I read once and I think people somebody's like, why are people of liters to cats? For example, right streams a cat in the who should be allergic to a cat?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: I was reading on a very funny story in one of my articles that there was a story about a zoo keeper, okay, at one of the major zoos, and when he used to go in lucky him go in and clean the lion's cage. He used to sneeze and he used to have trouble breathing, and you know he realized he had to take medication. He went to see a dot And when you went to see analogy doctor, they tested him and lower behold, what was he very allergic to? They don't have a lion test. He was allergic to cats. You know, it's all along that feline line. So what I started where I smiled when I heard the story, was I guess it made sense back in evolution. You know, if somebody had a really good sniffer and start to itch or sneeze, if there was a lion or tiger close by, probably had an evolutionary benefit. But that benefit has left, and instead of people being miserable, like I just had a patient earlier today who's coming in to get sublingual drops for catalogy because he can't visit any of his friends, he actually liked to get a cat and I'll be able to do it by treating him.
Speaker 2: So are you saying that somebody who's allergic to say, ragweed is, has been overexposed to it and the body's just overwhelmed by the immune system cannot normally react. So what's going is trying to push it off through mucus and sneezing.
Speaker 1: And yes, yes, you know again, one of my really good teachers at Columbia really brilliant allogists. Also he was dermatologists. He used to say, you never allerged something, usually the first time you're exposed, which is a very important thing because so many patients are surprised, like even especially with food alogy. They're like, I can't understand this. I had shrimped a hundred times before. I was in the restaurant and I broke out in hives and I couldn't breathe, and now they're coming I'm allergic. So it is from repeated exposure. That's how the immune system and these things called mass cells, they have receptors on them and occasionally when you constantly are re exposed to something, it can triggor those cells to release histamine and other allergic chemicals.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. Now, the real serious reaction is asthma, and that can kill people. And we know childhood asthma is preva is apparently growing. What is asthma and why is it such a devastating issue.
Speaker 1: Well, asthma can be too many different causes, but the main cause probably over seventy eighty percent of the time, it is allergic. So what you're exposed to in your environment matters. A lot of studies have shown that sometimes children that grow up in homes where there's a lot of what's called dust might exposure that's an indoor allergen or unfortunately, cockroach exposure, which nobody likes to think of. And you know, we sometimes called insectology because nobody likes to know their cockrop trilogy. But you could also be in some of the fanciest buildings in New York that are old, and it's in the air duct systems, and when these things get ventilated into the air, they are very strong causes of an allergic reaction. And the lungs is just one area where it could hit, and that causes the tissue and the lungs to spasm, and that's what gives kids broncospasm or asthma.
Speaker 2: Wow, you know it's funny. I was reading your book and you say there's a lot of contributing factors, including global warming, air pollution, and I'm just curious, give us a definition of how global warming is increasing this.
Speaker 1: Alergyen Yeah, I'll give you two nice examples. I hope that okay. So regarding that question, the studies are showing that with the increase in global warming, there's more carbon dioxide being given off by the plant substances, which is increasing the polem counts. So you're just getting more and more exposure. The other thing just regarded to pollution, it's very interesting, you know. They find that asthma understandably is more prevalent in a lot of times in inner cities and areas where there's more pollution. And a study that I found to be very interesting was there was one year that there was the Summer Olympics in Atlanta, and I guess somebody in the medical community was doing a study and they found that the amount of asthma attacks actually went down that summer and it was because of the Summer Olympics. They had blocked off the areas there was much less traffic, oh, right, was less. It's really interesting how it really is hard sometimes to escape your environment.
Speaker 2: We're going to take a short commercial break to allow our sponsors to identify themselves, and will return short with my guest today, doctor Dean Mitchell, discussing his book on allergies called Allergy and Asthma Solution. Will be right back. My guest today is Dean Mitchell. He is a alogist and specializes in chronic allergies and asthma. He's written a book called Allergy and Asthma Solutions. This is a new remedy that is less invasive and much easier on the immune system than drugs. I want you to talk a little bit about heredity, which I was curious about and just was thinking it does make sense if your previous generations were in fields of poppies or in out in the environment, you could maybe hand an allergy conditioned down right? Is that what you're suggesting by give some specifics on that, would you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Sure, I mean, look, they basically say this is interesting. If one parent is allergic, their child is a twenty five percent chance of being. Really, if two parents are allergic, it goes up to forty or fifty percent. So genetics play a role. I always tell my patience, and I know from personal experience, actually a story that you can't really run away from your genetics. You can change your environment, but you can't run away from your genetics. So honestly, they'll come up with all these future DNA testing of your body and everything too. But you know, just talk to your parents, like for example, my mom, I have a lot of things that she developed over time. So whenever I'm starting to get something, Mom, did you get that? Oh yeah, I had that. Don't worry, you know, do this and then'll take care of itself. So if you can know your family history, it's very helpful. And I do see this, of course, and that's why I think I was telling you earlier. I like the field that I do because I tend to take care of families. It's not just And what's the funniest thing though, to me, is that over the years, what I've noticed that a lot of times a parent will bring into the child's got really bad allergies, and I treat them and they get better, and then the parents come to me as patients. I said, oh, you had your children as the guinea pig. You want to see if they got better first before you take care of yourself.
Speaker 2: Have you ever seen or is there a documented cases where somebody, a grandparent or perhaps a known relative, had asthma and handed that down. Is that because that seems like a really Oh absolutely, that's an extreme reaction though, I mean, that's like, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean again, you know again, having in the genetic susceptibility puts you at a little risk, but against somebody's environment. You know, if you know Grandpa worked in a dusty, moldy building, you know he's going to have more likely And if he was a smoker, he was more likely he was going to have chronic asthma. Right, if his granddaughter or grandson has the genetic susceptibility. But maybe he lives in a really clean environment. He gets a lot of fresh air, he's not playing ball a lot, didn't have to work with the coal mines. He might have a better chance of not having much of an issue.
Speaker 2: Interesting, all right, so you have a reaction, you're sneezing your coffee, you're having trouble breathing. You visit your doctor and he takes a blood test. What does the blood test reveal regarding the causation?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I like to think of myself as a medical detective. You know, That's why I went into the field of allergy, and I want to know the cause because, as you are alluding to, you know, you could go to any doctor, general doctor, you're pediatrician, and when you're having an asthm attack, they're going to give you a prescription for ourn Hailer's if you have an analogy attacked just in the nose, they may give you antihistamines or nasal sprays, but that's not going to cure the problem. That's a little bit of a band aid. So what I try to find out is what is the underlying trigger. If I find out that somebody has a petted home, a cata dog, and even though they love them, that they're allergic, we'll deal with it, but we got to treat them. You know the same thing too, if a person is allergic to mold or dust min it's another indoor fairly hard to avoid allergen. Then we need to know because otherwise, if you keep on exposing yourself over and over again, it's like swimming against the time.
Speaker 2: Right right now, in your book, you have what I found is called an allergy score, and talk a little bit about that, because that can go from very mild reactions to very severe, and that's an important gauge on just how problematic your your allergy is. So talk a bit about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that actually refers to to the asthma score. There was actually it was come up by the academicians to give people with asthma, a better idea of the severity of their asthma, because there are different levels of treatments that people require. You know, not everybody needs to take medication every day, you know, depending on how frequent their symptoms are. Other people that have chronic symptoms do need to. So the score was basically to try to help people get an idea where they fall on their level of asthma.
Speaker 2: Okay, and yeah, so that's important to have. Okay, So the typical allopathic reaction, and we're going to get into the unique holistic approach that you take when you go to a doctor or even an allergist in a corporate medical environment or anybody typically what are they going to do in terms of a treatment. I'm talking about antihistamines and also in the worst case, steroids.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So yes, so you go to your conventional allopathic doctor, as I said, pediatrician GP, to go to Urging Caroll, like a lot of people do today. They're going to try to understandably control the situation. They want to give you some relief. They're not really I think looking at the long term view of this, that's not maybe there some cases, their job or what they see is their job. So they're going to prescribe well mostly anti history is there overly counted now, but they'll probably recommend that, I mean, you might have been on them already. They may recommend nasal steroids, which tend to be safe, but again I wouldn't want to use it long term. That's not really a solution. And for as when they're going to prescribe inhalers, you know, things that open up the lungs called broncho dilators and possibly included in that inhaled steroids again, which are safer than oral steroids, but again not totally safe if you're going to be using them ongoing. So I try to make the example they're kind of like the stop gap or it's the band aid therapy, which is in the acute situation. But any patient that's having recurrent symptoms I think should really take the long view approach and find out what is causing the issue, how do they prevent it and reduce their need for medications?
Speaker 2: And why are medications a problem? Why are they and how does the body react to continual use of say steroids, I mean, because just give us the fundamentals.
Speaker 1: On it, well, medications as we all know. I mean they do one beneficial thing, but sometimes they do another negative thing. And antihistamy is tend to be one of the safer medications, but like anything used long term, you know, they tries out the bodies, you know, hydration status. I always warn patients that take antisamis please, especially if you're in a hot weather area. You have to drink more than you would think. Oh, there are some concerns about how it affects cognition because some of them do our sedating. I also am very careful to one patient not to use those combination antihistamy decongestants. Those cause a lot of problems. And those are also over the counter, like the well I hear to use the names, but like loluraditine D or you know, promote Beneffectsadine D the D is decongestant and that's a stimulant and that can keep you awake, it can give insomnia. I've seen a lot of young patients that blood pressure will go up with the heart will go up because they're using it continuously because they think, oh, you know it works today, why should I take it every day? And you know, medicines have side effects. And of course quotic a steroids have side effects. I mean again most doctors, if the patients are aware, you don't want to be on those long term. I mean, it affects your blood sugar, your blood pressure, your weight, mood. And the way the pharmaceutical companies just try to get around it is by making it topical, by inhaling it or using a nasal spray, which is causes less of the side effects. But honestly, if you look carefully over time cumulatively, it can cause problems like people that use like nasal steroids can get increased eye pressure or glacoma. Yeah, so you got it. I mean I always take the view. I mean that's the holistic side. I mean like, yes, I'll do with the stop gap whatever I need to do, but what is the long range plan to keep my patient healthy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, before we get into this unique therapy that you prescribe and have been recommending, is there a way holistically to reduce your reactionary symptoms of allergies prior to any medication or is that just the way it is? You just because you're you know you're you're predisposed to allergetic reactions.
Speaker 1: The solution which I think most people don't like is avoidance, and sometimes that's not even a practical solution. Like you know, again, I have people that are lernt the dust mites, and I tell them, okay, do do the home environmental control in case your mattresses, your pil cases, that's where a lot of dust mites are. But it doesn't help when you go to a friend's house that houses really dusty. It doesn't help when you get in an airplane. Those places are you know, where it has the wall to wall carpeting and stuff that those are full of dust smites. When you go sometimes even a fancy hotel, it's full of dust smites. So my patients again are coming to me because they're also a little bit trapped and they have unavoidable exposure to the alergians. And they don't want to live in a bubble. They don't want to be restricted to their home, and you know, they need to be able to move around freely.
Speaker 2: Wow, all right, let's talk about the revolution sublingual allergy IMUO therapy or otherwise known as allergy drops. Talk about how you found it, yeah, and how you began incorporating and it is funny. Okay, go ahead because you don't describe it with great detail in the book what it actually is. But I want to, okay, I want to hear about it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna try to incorporate a lot of things because it is a lot of things. You know. It's funny. When I went into allergy again back in the early nineteen nineties, the treatment I was doing in the clinic where I trained was giving alergie shots every week. Now. Yeah, now, but what's interesting is that allergy shots have been around for about one hundred years.
Speaker 2: One hundred years.
Speaker 1: That's a long time. And what I always laugh about when I present to new doctors and to patients about the drops, because a lot of the most people used to always say to me, especially back when I published the book, like I never heard of this. How come I never heard of this? Why are you the only one doing it? And I said, you know, we're up against a lot of factors. I said, On one hand, the famous line by Max Plank is that medicine advances one funeral at a time. That's funny. I threw this out to the to my medical students, and they said, they said something really funny. I laughed. They said, oh, you mean like doctors learning when somebody died, it's like what to do? I said, no, No, What it means is that things don't change in medicine until the older generation dies out because they hold on to what they did forever. It's something new and maybe better. And so I was always perplexed why algae had not changed in a hundred years. I mean every other field of medicine. If you took a doctor from the nineteen thirties or forties and compare them to a doctor too and twenties, their practice would look very different. But not analogy. I mean again, seriously, they could an analogist in nineteen forty could go to sleep like Van Winkle, wake up in twenty twenty and he would miss a beat. You know, he'd be back to by what he said. That doesn't seem right. So I was, you know, one of again the people in the forefront thing doing blood testing for allergies, which is very accurate. And then again I found out about the sublingual drops. I thought it was the perfect solution to rebalancing the immune system naturally and safely. Because we're doing in the in the medication, in the treatment that we use. It's a basically taking the natural allergens in the environment, the red weed, the treatpollen, diluting it down to very safe levels, and then slowly giving to the patient with drops under the tongue to build up their own protective antibodies.
Speaker 2: Okay, stop you for a minute. It sounds it sounds just like homeopathy to me.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, this is the thing. I am not by any means and expert in homeopathy. But the one thing I do, you know and holdmeopaty, which finds very fascinating, is like treating like well.
Speaker 2: It's little bits of poison. You give a little bit of No, we're not giving.
Speaker 1: A poison though. But the thing you're right about that, and I think that's you know, there's other areas of medicine they're looking at this. It's fascinating that if you get and the other analogy I like to use with patients, it's different, but it helps them comprehend it. I try to tell them. In doing the allergy drops, the immune therapy, it's a little bit like working out. It's like working out your immune system. And if I was your trainer and you came to me, I wouldn't give you a two hundred pound weight and say okay and bench press it. You know, I would start you with the five and the ten pound weights and get you stronger and stronger to you are ready for that heavier weight. Well, that's what we do with the drops. We start out very light doses, small doses. You do it every day, but it's simple, and then you eventually get to very high doses so that when you're exposed to the pollen, you're exposed to that cat or you're exposed to that food, and you don't have a bad reaction.
Speaker 2: So you you do it as a preventative. Every day you have a drop or two and before you go out in the in the environment.
Speaker 1: Well, you just do it every day regularly. It's like brushing your teeth. It's a couple of drops. I tell people, leave it by your toothbrush, do your few drops under your tongue. And again this is the beauty of it. You know, this is another funny story, but you know with allergy injections, it's usually given once a week, right to truly desensitize somebody. It's like working out. It's good to do it every day. And I was once at a meeting once and this this is too funny. The one of the doctors went up there who knew the history of allergy, and he says, do you know why alergae shots are given once a week? And all the doctors in the audience, the alogies like turn through each other. Well, we don't know why because the original clinic in England that gave allergie shots was only open once a week. So there, so those the only reason. People, you know, like I said, if things don't change, they just somebody did it this way, it keeps on going.
Speaker 2: We're going to take a short commercial break to a lot our sponsors to identify themselves, and we will return shortly with my guests today, Doctor Dean Mitchell, discussing his research and work with allergies and asthma, will be right back. I don't know about you, but I used to have horrible hay fever as a kid, and I did what most people do is just to use an a histamines nose sprays, and I don't know. They weren't great, they didn't feel great, but they worked, but it's not really a great solution. And doctor Mitchell's remedies today are much easier on the immune system. And appear to have better long term effects. Okay, so continue on with the allergy drops. So obviously you're seeing individuals you're not. I mean it's not you don't pull a medicine off the shelf.
Speaker 1: Correct. Each is mixed specifically for that individual. That's one hundred percent correct. That's why it's so special and targeted. If somebody comes to me and there's allergic to tree grass and ragweed and maybe cats, that can get the whole mixture in the bottle, But I'm not giving them dustmites, moles, whatever to there's no point to that. You're targeting based on the testing, what the person is allergic to.
Speaker 2: Who is who is mixing the formula.
Speaker 1: That's a good question too. So in some places there are specialized pharmacies that are doing it. I have my own laboratory in my office where you know, we make up the drops. Again, it's really nice. It's really like a soup to nuts thing. Like I've interviewed the patient, I know their history, I have their test results, I match up everything, and then we make up the drops for them.
Speaker 2: Okay, are they Is it in an alcohol solution?
Speaker 1: No, it's in glycerin, which substerine. So it it Actually I tell patients all the time because they get concerned to go what does it taste like? It actually tastes a little sweet, because glitcierin actually has a little bit of a sweet taste. But it's not sugar. It's actually a pat But it doesn't make you bad.
Speaker 2: I have to just think about this. If I had a child who has severe bronchi or not broadcast but asthma. Yeah, and they are being triggered by just walking and you know in the big city or whatever because of the pollution. You're suggesting to the parents that they take increased drops like one a day, two a day, three a day. Talk about the protocol.
Speaker 1: That's actually a really important thing that you brought up. I wouldn't even thought to mention it today. You know. One of the things that we've learned a lot in allergy to is something called the allergic march. And what that means is that a lot of times young infants and young children can present with different kind of allergies. You know, for example, food allergies, or they have exama of the allergic skin reactions and some pollen allergies, and if they are not treated at a young age, they can go on to develop more chronic allergic symptoms in their twenties, thirties and later in life, like with sinuses and asthma. So that's one of the indications and reasons to treat. When we get sometimes the children early, we're trying to again rebalance their immune system so it's not tilting toward the allergic inflammation sign.
Speaker 2: Okay, how are the drops helping the immune system reduce the reaction.
Speaker 1: To the Now we're getting to something some very intense immunology. So to try to make it simple, the cells in the body are the way the cells activate as usually what they call two states. There's the cells in the body that react to infections. There's the cells in the body that whatever reason react to toxins and in grouped in that are allergens, even though obviously allergens are not toxins, but our bodies system, which is can remembery, it's based on a primitive immune system. You know. Again, I'm doing another book after the one that's coming out in October, where i've'll be talking about how why some of the cells are our body called mass cells. Were are you have them? Because they not only help us heal when we get cuts. They have different kinds of enzymes to protect us against like snake toxins and venoms and wasps things, you know, things that again we don't worry about too much anymore. But our immune system was built that way, right, so you know again it's so if you think about our immune system again in the simplistic terms, it's got those two states. We have our mute system that gets ready to fight infections like covid and other viruses, and we have o immune system that's ready for allergies and you know, toxins. And what happens is when the infection part, believe that is quiescent the in certain patients, again, depending on a little bit of genetic predisposition, the allergic component is ready to pounce and sometimes you.
Speaker 2: Know more than it should. Wow, I hope. I'm not going to throw a curve at you. And you have two great case studies in the back of your book of patients who are introduced to the product. The solution. One is a guy named a kid named Josh who's fourteen, who's a soccer player. Could you remember that case or.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're gonna have to have to pick my memory. I've had so many cases. Okay, tell me, I'll I'll paly come back to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't. How about Jeff the forty three year old pharma pharmacists who had asthma.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh yeah, so that okay, that was a I'll try to do this quickly. That was a good story. I knew, actually knew Jeff personally. He was a pharmacist in our area. Really athletic, healthy guy, right yeah, very you know, love tennis and sports and and everything. And he came to me, you know, I remember coming in and making an appointment, coming see my office. He looked very downtrodden. He was getting asthma all the time, which he hadn't had since his early teens. He was just fatigued. He you know, he went to a couple of the other internets and specialists in the town and they just gave him more more medicine. He was actually on a lot of courtizone. He actually gained like fifteen or twenty pounds. And this is guys, they said, very athletic, you know, great basketball player even in his forties. And so I was getting my history on him, and it turns out what was the new thing was a cat in their home. Apparently his wife loved this kitten and brought her into the house and now in the house, into his bedroom. Oh boy, he started to realize because I think it's the cat. But she doesn't believe me. She thinks I'm making this up. This is not an unusual story. I have a lot of these stories. But there's a lot of tension in families and marriages because of the pet. And I tested him and sure enough, he was highly allergic to cat dander. Though this is again this is the other I don't know if very included this in the bay dead. So he comes back. We discussed the the test results, but he doesn't come alone. His wife comes also and she wanted to hear it firsthand. So I'm explaining to him. I showed him the results, and so I said, look, your decisions are and obviously maybe the best decision is to get rid of the cat or we have to do the you know, nere therapy. And so they're looking at him and the husband, you know, Jeff doesn't really you don't want to do the therapy. He wants to get rid of the cat. The wife looks at him and like, no cat stays. So Jeff got the therapy and he got better, and then we were able to get most medications he did.
Speaker 2: Really Well, that's a good story off the top of your head. Do you have a pediatric h you know, story that you can provide us that is kind of a a hint of before and after the allergy drops.
Speaker 1: Well, if I can, I want to just bring up because I think it's so important. I'm so excited about the work that I'm doing now with the allergy drops for the food allergies, which as I mentioned, is probably the most dangerous type of biology that we face.
Speaker 2: Well, that's fantastic. That's a good transition because that's what my next question was, is it doesn't look like there's a cure for food allergies at all, and people are reacting poorly to like shellfish or like you said, peanut it was another one. Yeah, talk about that.
Speaker 1: So there have been some really big changes in food allergy treatment, which for decades it was nothing. What we told patients was to avoid the food you're larger to. But good luck, you know, it's again most of these patients that had bad reactions, it was all accidental exposures. So there are three new treatments now for food alergies, I just I'll just mention them quirkly. Some of them might do something I don't do. The first one at which I don't do, is called oral algaemotherapy, which is essentially like powders, which some doctors that are specialized in this make up these powders, whether it's peanut or milk, whatever the patients allergic to, and they desensitize them. It's a very intense process. Those patients have to be in the office for some of these hours. It's typically done with very young children. But the goal is to enable the children to eat those foods, which is a big win, and I know some specialists that are doing it. But again, as I really have to caution it, it's not the safest procedure, but it does work. The next thing which I do is called the sublingual drops. With these food allergies, my goal is a little bit different. Desensitize the patient with these drops. It's at a lower level, but it's very safe. The patients can do it at home, and the goal in my case working with these patients is to decedence ties them enough so that an accidental exposure won't put them in harm's way, so they have to end up in the emergency room will god phibility or reaction. The third thing that's available, which has its also pros and cons is an injection called Zolair, which is usually given once a month. It's one of these new monoclonal antibodies. It's been shown to again raise the threshold for having a bad allergic reaction. But again it's not a definitive treatment as the drops or the oral therapy is, because once you stop them, the benefit goes away. Last thing I just got to throw in two, which is so important I want it to be under underacknowledged, is that what's really exciting is that there's a new type of epiceph bring that children and adults can have now. It's called the Nephie. It's a spray. So all these kids have walked around with EpiPens to treat an alert reaction can now use a nasal spray that does the same thing. And I think this is going to be a game changer because so many kids are afraid to give themselves a shot. They always they find out they're having a load reaction. They don't have it on them because I think there's that subconscious they don't want to be carrying around this you know, automatic needle.
Speaker 2: So that's that's a solution over an EpiPen.
Speaker 1: I guess correct, right, This is been a cute reaction right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, amazing, amazing, amazing, amazing. So what would you say the number of clinicians in the United States who are using the allergy drops? Is it a few people? Is it a growing number?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So two categories. The I am fortunate to be the medical consultant for a comany called MRS Allergy and they have are connected with four to five hundred clinics around the Knights that operate allergy testing and treatment. And one of those treatments is the sublingual drops, which I help consult on. So wherever you are in the country, hopefully you can find a practitioner. So they go to is it mrs dot com to find that mrs dot com to find a physician in your area who is providing allergy drops? Okay, excellent, right, And that's one source. Is there any other sources that might be available, say at a Google search? I think so. I think that if you go into Google or check at CVTINA, which is very good, and you put in I would like a sublingual allergy specialist for environmental allergens or foods. I think the searches aren't quite good at coming up with people that have experience in doing this kind of work.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, I wanted to ask you real quickly, how successful is this new therapy for food allergies?
Speaker 1: A good question. I've been very excited myself, you know. I the patients I've been treating knock Wood, not one has had a dangerous food algae reaction, and I know some of them have had accidental, you know, ingestions. And I'm actually doing now with very sophisticated blood tests called the basic palactivation test, which is giving us some better insight into how protected these patients are. So and the studies done by your doctor Edwin Kimmitt, who's now in North Carolina. He's probably one of the leading researchers in this field. I mean, he has shown in his studies that you know, kids, for example, young children with peanut allergy, after they did like the three years of of the peanut allergy drops, they could tolerate in some cases up to seven or nine peanuts.
Speaker 2: What is the most lethal reaction? Obviously you could throw closes up and.
Speaker 1: Pull that apalaxus, right, and when you're unfortunately, the whole body is discharging this histamine. And besides getting what we call erdicarria their hives, you can get the ringo spasm you know, where your you know, your airways shuts down, and also hypotension where your blood pressure drops to dangerous levels.
Speaker 2: Those and that's where you've got to have an EPI pin.
Speaker 1: Right. Oh, yeah, you know you got to really moved quickly.
Speaker 2: But what what are some of the I mean I've heard of. I think it's shellfish is one that's really really bad. But what are some of the ones that are very very probabil.
Speaker 1: We tend to think it depends on the person because that's your algae and that's the bad one. But yeah, always tend to be high protein because the immune system. Yeah, because protein really can trigger an immune response. So that's why the tree nuts, peanuts, they're very you know, strong proteins in those foods as well as shellfish.
Speaker 2: Right, Amazing, Doctor Dean Mitchell, the books called Allergy and Asthma Solution, The Ultimate Program for Reversing or symptoms one drop of the time. Fantastic interview. Uh, give us your website if you have one.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, two things. Uh my website is www. Mitchell Medical Group dot com and you can hope they get a lot of information. And I'd like to just throw in one plug if I also like you. I'm a podcaster. I do a podcast the smartest Doctor in the Room. Not me.
Speaker 2: I thought it was gonna be not me.
Speaker 1: I'm not that. I'm not that. Uh well, it's really all that I've been doing the last five years. It's all these top experts that I get to interview on a variety of medical topics that interest me and I'm hopefully my listeners.
Speaker 2: So that sounds fantastic.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of fun. I really I do. I do get if I was gonna write my book would be becoming the smartest doctor in the room because after doing all these podcasts, I've gotten a little bit smarter. Wow.
Speaker 2: Great, I think we should let people know that your next book is on candida, which is a real problem for people, and it's misdiagnosed so often. When do you think that's going to be available?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're hoping for mid October. I do think this year one the most important. Yeah, we're getting it out. I kind of pushed hard and I just because I see every week this is this is probably one of my biggest specialties now and we're helping people from all over the country. We do I also do some informational telehealth meetings by Zoom because there are people that are really suffering out there and they're really finding it hard to find sometimes their doctors familiar with this to guide them, and so I try to even work with their local doctors so that they can get help.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is one of these strange conditions that some doctors think that people are faking. In fact they're well in ordinary symptoms.
Speaker 1: You know, yes, you know, just to go back to as I know, we're finishing up that again, going back to my career. When I started in the AIDS epidemic, I saw a lot of patients with AIDS that had oral thrush and it on their tongue and rashes. And that's how a lot of us conventional doctors are trained you can't have this unless you're immune deficient. But that's not true. And what the book is really going to bring out is that unfortunately from antibiotics, common acid blockers that people take, you know, for reflux, corticosteroids, even if it's inhaled like for asthma, can change your microbiome. And this presents as candida overgrowth, which I call the most classic microbiomeing balance. We'll find a lot more, I'm sure, but these patients present with digestive issues, chronic fatigue, chronic sinus, so many things that are just not getting treated properly.
Speaker 2: Fantastic, Hey, Deane, really a pleasure having you on the program. We'll see you next time. Okay, take care, Thank you for having me on. Dean has a book coming out in the fall that we will feature on candida, which is a string change autoimmunity issue that is considered like a flu, but it's chronic and some people have it for years, and it's misdiagnosed, one of the most misdiagnosed problems that people have. In fact, a lot of doctors consider it. They think it's you know, an imaginary or it's all in the patient's mind. And I don't know why they would say that, I thought I had chronic I had candida years ago, but we didn't know, you know, so Anyhow, we're going to talk about Candida in probably October when the book comes out, and he's got some amazing results. And you know, a lot of this remedies, these holistic remedies are things that you can do yourself, and this is where you're beginning to take back your health. And this is really important. You don't want to give up everything to a doc and let him, you know, pretty much do every want. You want to have not only some say, but also some direction that you can take on your own. And these holistic remedies are fabulous for that. And this is really really where you have pronounced healing and that's what we're all about. Tools for transformation body, mind, and spirit. That's Destiny hey. By the way, and I mentioned this last week. We have a new channel that we're going to be launching soon where you can see our guests on YouTube. And if you haven't had a chance to look at our new website, just one up a couple of weeks ago. It's located at url the Destinypodcast dot com. And we're going back a few months right now, but we will eventually have a number of years of excellent resource for you and a chance to see some of the most profound in the world. We'll have a database that you can search for a wide variety of shows, topics, and books. So check that out. It's just been launched recently. It's called The Destiny Podcast. It's the website for the for the podcast, so check that out. Hey, And again, we're gonna have a channel coming up real soon so you can see a lot of these people and that'll be a probably I think we're gonna have it up by the end of September, maybe even sooner. I'll let you know. Hey, we got tours coming up. If you're a fan of touring ancient sites, We're gonna be in Guatemala December first, the twelve That is twelve days of amazing ventures in temples, Mayan pyramids with shaman, archaeologists and just a great group of people. We're only taking a few people. We have a few spots left. Go to earth Asients dot com, Forward slash Tours and the new Megalithic The Megalithic Tour to Egypt is now online for you to look at. Go to the website Earth Ancients dot com, Forward slash Tours and see the link. It's gonna be April twenty eight through May tenth. This is a brand new tour with our friend Muhammad Ebraheem Wow. Twelve days of beautiful sites, amazing megalists, and one of my favorite topics, which is the megalithic sculptures. These are multi ton monsters. They just don't know how they were built, you know. I mean people are saying, well they are carved by hand. There's no evidence of hand carving. This some kind of technology that got involved that carved these statutes. Again for all the details and information, go to earth asients dot com, Forward slash too. We have a blast. I think you will too. Okay, that's it for this program. I want to think my guest today, doctor Dean Mitchell, in his book Allergy and Asthma Solution. As always the team of Gelteur, Mark Foster, Faisal ParvE. You guys rock all right, take care of me well and we will talk to you next time. Stilling itself Persians standard sence
Speaker 1: Still s