Speaker 1: Let's do it. Welcome live the Dunkin Music Lounge. Great crowd on hand this Tuesday night. As the season gets underway. I'm like Chrispino, this is Jim Moore to my right. We will be talking on.
Speaker 2: Tuesdays about what happened over the weekend and what's ahead for the Huskies in football. So we hope you'll be joining us on the ninety seven nine of the Yukon Sports Network. But nothing better than a live audience. You get to meet some of the folks that come to our games. We get to meet the coach and hear what he has to say. Not for public consumption, for the press, like sometimes you have to act a certain way in front of the press, But when you're here, I noticed that you're able to say things, and you say things that we don't hear as a member of the press staff. Is that fair to say? Yes, and that is a good thing.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It can be. It can also be not so good for me if I say the wrong thing.
Speaker 2: No, you don't say the wrong thing. Listen, well once in a while, Well that's all right. Nine and four last year, let's go back to that first before forward Fenway Bowl one of the great moments, I mean in Yukon football history in my mind. Weird, crazy weather day and playing in a baseball stadium against North Carolina, an acc team. We haven't beaten enough of them yet. We'll do. We'll get to that. But that day I felt and the way the Yukon fans showed up there and got behind this program was tremendous. I think that's a step in the right direction.
Speaker 3: It certainly was amazing, and I believe it's a step in the right direction. We flud you can carry on them with that energy and that success, But it was a special day, you know. And been able to play in a lot of big games in my career, participate in a lot of big games, and that was one that I'll never forget. Just being in Finway, historic Finway. I've always been you can boom me if you want, but I've always been a Red Sox fan. Hey, all right, there we go. You know, the Green monsters behind us. We're playing Carolina Belich's new team, and we got after him pretty good. But I think the thing that'll stick with me most was just the energy in the stands, and it was a Yukon crowd. I mean it was overwhelmingly a Yukon crowd and they were excited to watch their team play. And I felt that at moments since I've been here, but we hadn't you know, we have to earn that. I believe I said that for years, and I felt like at that moment it all kind of came together with our team and our fans, and it was It was unique, and it was fun and it was exciting, and we were pulling off the energy of the people that were in the stadium and we were able to get it beat a good team, and yeah, it was It was really a fun, fun day went off.
Speaker 2: Remember forever head coach to Morris with us on Mike Chrispino to play by play voice Lawski's. Another element of that day that I think you appreciate, and I think the University of Connecticut football people appreciate, is there were several guys on the field that day that had been in the dumps prior right and saw this thing building and saw you come to a culmination with that squad last you know, December, and win a game. And you could see it. The Delauney staff Johnnie Staffers and guys like that had been around and struggled and tried to fight their way up the mountain. You got them there, and boy, they loved it getting up there, didn't they.
Speaker 3: Well, they got themselves there. You know. They just you talk about Delawney or Jilanni, but you know, you think about Dumont and Chase and I mean the list goes on and on. These guys that have just persevered and they were one and eleven a few years ago and they hung in there and they kept believing and they kept working and they never lost the faith and the vision. And so to see some reward for that was pretty darn special. You know, those are things as a coach that you really value is when the players that you're able to coach, you watch them, you know, fulfill their dreams, you know, and their achievements, and it's it's pretty unique and it was a great day for that.
Speaker 2: Football, to me, is the sports that's the toughest because there's so much physical pain you got to go through to be successful, and it's a twelve month commitment. And to see some of those guys who's you know, suffered really trying to win football games come to that point in Fenway and play like that and then celebrate it with the Yukon's football fans. I mean, it doesn't get much better.
Speaker 3: No, you know, football is different than basketball, baseball, hockey, some of those other sports. We get twelve shots, you know, we don't get in the thirties. So every game takes on so much importance. And you know, those guys have been through a lot, you know, and just to see them, you know, go out the way they did, and like you said, just that connection with the fans in their last game, and I feel like they really felt that they had accomplished something. And they got their rings last actually this week or last week, and I wish I had been able to see some of their faces when that ring showed up in the in the mail form, because it was it was a special day. I have so much respect for those young men and just the way that they they hung in there and they persevered, you know, they had resilience.
Speaker 2: I was on the sideline today at practice with Ronte Jones, who was part of that team. Obviously, he asked me if I got my ring, I'd like, ring, what ring?
Speaker 3: It's in my desk. It's in my desk. I'll go very much.
Speaker 2: That is uh, that's a special moment. I got to say, you win a bowl game, coming from where the Yukon was just four years ago, it's an amazing, amazing climb. We're going to talk about what happens from here. That's next when we continue on The Yukon Football Coaches Show with Jim Moore.