Speaker 1: Ah, Yes, you're listening to the world famous Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. If you want to hear our show without music, you can do that on the iHeart app.
Speaker 2: It's totally free iHeart.
Speaker 1: All of our segments are posted there in a little twelve minutes, single serving episodes of segments, so they're basically like little miniature podcasts. You can listen to everything there. You can go back in time and listen to it there. We certainly appreciate it those of you who listen, whether you listen live on ninety seven point one FM or if you listen on the iHeart app. No matter how you listen, we're glad to have you. This segment right here is brought to you by Andrews American Pizza Kitchen.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: It is such a great pizza restaurant that Dallas Morning News readers have voted it the best pizzeria in DFW. They have mastered five different types of pizza Dallas. They've got Chicago, Detroit, tavern style pizza, and New York style pizza. And there's only one location in all of DFW, in all of the world, and it is in Plano, Texas. Right there in Preston Road at Plano Parkway, not far from the W Bush. So uh, basically it's at the Bush in Preston, right. That's a good way to Yeah, absolutely, because people are driving from all over the METROPOLELX to get to Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen.
Speaker 2: But right now, it's stip for this listeners. Here comes KT Tweets with the round.
Speaker 1: Now let's go around the sports. KT Queets has all the sports.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in a couple of minutes, we'll tell you about a couple of coaches the Cowboys have added to fill out the roster, plus another NFL coach who blew their opening press conference. But the MAVs by a real good time to get the worst team in the league on the schedule.
Speaker 1: It's about as bad as team as I've ever seen. It reminded me of the early nineties Mavericks.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, Oh did you guys my childhood? Have you guys seen how hard it can be?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, When how hard Kyle Kuzma's fallen off the map?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm glad we didn't get him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was watching that during the game. I'm like, I don't know man, you don't look like you don't look like I thought you were.
Speaker 2: He so, I mean, a couple of things have abed one.
Speaker 1: He's a better player than whatever that thing is that we saw last night.
Speaker 2: Jordan Poole.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he ever recovers, man, I don't know if Jordan Poole ever.
Speaker 2: Becomes a functioning NBA player ever.
Speaker 1: Again from a Warriors guard, I mean, dude, he was the one that really filled the void when Clay was hurt, you know, and he he had some incredible playoff moments for him. That Warriors organization that is so highly regarded. They gave him a big contract and then they're like, how do we get rid of this?
Speaker 2: So he gets traded there.
Speaker 1: Remember Kyle Kuzma could have been traded to thes They were according to all reports, they were targeting Kyle Kuzma. Kuzma, the GM went of Washington, went to Kuzman. He said, no, I don't want to go there. I want to stay here. So they shifted their attention not only to PJ. Washington, but then their conversation with Washington became about Gafford. But it keep in mind what he also said. The rumor was that he said, Hey, man, I've been on contenders. I know contenders. Mavericks are not a contender right now in hindsight, looking at it instead a vacuum take contract out of it. Would you rather have Kyle Kuzma or PJ Washington Junior? PJ straight up, it's not even close to me. Yeah, I think Pj's a better player than Kyle Kuzuma right now. I didn't think it the day that those trades were happening, and around that time I was convinced Kuzma was better. But after what I've seen, absolutely PJ alone is better. I was at the time with all the Kuzma dog I was like, okay, man, he would put up easy points here, but I don't know if he's the defender that they need.
Speaker 2: But I also wasn't sure that PJ.
Speaker 1: Washington was that either, just because playing in Charlotte, who knows man sucks there.
Speaker 2: Well, clearly he's the defender that they need.
Speaker 1: He's been awesome and he's a great fit with Kay and Luca because he can pick up the offensive slack when they're not around, and when they are around, he doesn't need shots to be productive. So that worked out in every single way. But to get back to what we saw last night, Kuzma is averaging like thirteen a game. He's dropped off significantly. And man, I don't watch their games all right. I mean I've probably watched to combine fifteen minutes of them this year before last night. Man, Jordan pools, It's like it's like throwing an hand. One guy on your team and he's just gonna do like the team's doing one thing and he's just got his own thing over here. He's like I looked up and it was like, oh, one for six from three. That seems better than I thought.
Speaker 2: It was so far.
Speaker 1: Like dude, those guys just dribble around and then go, oh, nobody's cutting.
Speaker 2: I'll shoot this from thirty. It's about as bad a basketball as you can watch.
Speaker 1: And that's exactly what the Mavericks needed. They needed, you know, an easy opponent, and they needed to take care of business.
Speaker 2: And to have Clay hit seven threes in the first quarter. That was so much fun to watch. It was awesome. I heard follow Well call it a Clay day. It was a Clay day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very shout out to Dran and Snoop. I think that here's an interesting conversation or debate point for you. If you have a guy that's going like that and he's on a minute restriction, he just lead them in. Yeah, I mean why not heat checked? I mean, right, he stayed in for ten minutes. I think he stayed in for ten minutes, and I think he was on a twenty four minute game for the full game restriction. I think it was twenty four minutes. And so, you know, usually when you do those, you want to space them out in the six minute increments or four or whatever it is that you and the medical staff is determined. But the shots that he was hitting are so ridiculous. They's there, go, I think we did leave then for the entire half. If he stays hot, how do we hit and then don't play him in the second half.
Speaker 2: It was really really fun to watch though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a great game, and uh, you know, it's interesting to see the way that Clay can get hot like that. Very few players in the NBA can do that for stretches. And I still feel like he's not fully integrated in this thing, because this thing's not fully integrated, you know, with all the injuries and stuff they've had, if they can get healthy, having a guy that can do that and score that quickly in the postseason is just going to be beautiful. Yeah, And I think to your point, but I think the plan all along was to just play and then on the other side of the All Star I mean, they didn't anticipate the injuries, but I think the plan was too on the other side of the All Star break, start implementing playoff basketball.
Speaker 2: Do you start ramping up to the how right? Right?
Speaker 1: And I don't mean turn it on like with the intensity, I mean start integrating things they.
Speaker 2: Want to do once they get to the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Stylistically, well, it's like a yeah. I mean it's like it's such a marathon. The season so long, like you don't want to peak too soon. You might as well wait to the right moment. What do you think they're going to do in the trade market.
Speaker 2: Nothing.
Speaker 1: I didn't think they were going to do anything. But now that they've had so many injuries, I mean, I think they'll be tempted to shake it up so they can legit go for it now if they're fully healthy, they're going for it anyways, but yeah, will they be I mean, I guess the thing I would say is I don't think they'll do anything for this year.
Speaker 2: Like, right, they're not going to add a piece just to go for it this year, right.
Speaker 1: They don't need a big but to be healthy, right, And so so I think it just depends on what it is. Is there something out there that they think is a long term fit, I think they would maybe look at that. But whoever's doing it is doing a salary, don't because you don't have any players to offer. I don't think Rimes is tradable, right, But Grimes is tradable, and they made trade crimes. They may think they can't sign him. Yeah, I don't know that. But he's also man. He's been up and down, yeah, you know, but like when he's on, he's a huge part of the thing, right, And it's easy to take his defense for granted when you're just looking at what he's doing offensively. But I saw you guys on the broadcast the other night flashed up the leaders in the NBA and field goal percentage, you know, defensive field goal percentage, and he was like third or fourth or something. Yeah, And you know, I didn't do research on the stat but sometimes that's based on the guy they're covering too, because like if you're coming off the bench, a lot of times you're covering guy's coming off then so there's a lot of different ways to look at that, but you can you're to your point the eyeball test, the guy can play defense, like and and we were told that going into this season, like there was you know, okay, basically he's a Josh Green replacement, right and Klay Thompson is a Tim Hardaway junior replacement. That's the way it was look and like there were guys in the organizations are like, dude, Quentin Grimes is way better than Josh, Like it's not close.
Speaker 2: Okay, So let's just say that they can't sign.
Speaker 1: Grimes and Grimes is going to go to a big payday or whatever, would his agent try to or their agent will be happy just waiting. But with the Mavericks, say, okay, where's a team that likely has a chance to trade for him, and can we get something from them? So we get nothing, Yeah, we don't get anything. I think ideally, especially because of the way things are going right now, and I'm sure Grimes probably wants like Jalen Brunson, the Knicks, We're going to pay him, but his money went through the roof with what he did in the playoffs. Now this is a different situation, but I think Grimes, his agent probably wants him to go through a playoff run. And then at that point the Mavericks would be and said, Okay, is there a sign and trade possibility we sign and get something valuable back unless there's like a team that just wants him and can absorb them in the room. And when you look at like what those teams might be, I don't know that they would be coming after Quentin Grimes. And why wouldn't he be worth what he wants, what his agent wants to this team because of how hard your cap Like Kyrie, you got to prepare Kyrie's gonna opt out because he's worth it. So you're gonna pay Kyrie more money than you're paying him right now. And once you start paying, like you have their rights, you can pay them all. But then you go in beyond what they call the tax apron, and it it makes it very difficult to do any other moves to add to your team. So then in order to make a move, you gotta start doing salary dumps. It just become super complicated. So when you do pay a guy, you got to be like, I'm paying this guy because he is a crucial part to us winning a championship, because if he's not, you've created a lot of extra steps to make moves.
Speaker 2: Apparently.
Speaker 3: Another NBA news, Jimmy Butler cut a fart today at shoot around and they suspended him for another game.
Speaker 2: Riley's like, enough of your farts, buddy. Wait, he got suspended again.
Speaker 1: So he was back in the mix today because he had been suspended for walking out of practice hearted to shoot around tough. So wait, so they suspended him, but let him come to shoot around the fart.
Speaker 2: Look, man, I'm just reporting the news. I don't know the ins and outs. I'm not in Miami. Are you adding in the fart part? Yeah? Absolutely, Okay, Oh yeah. Nels has been that guy for anything at this point? Yeah, I think he did. In thirty seconds.
Speaker 3: The Cowboys have hired the floozy Maddie refused to be their defensive coordinator. Here's what you need to know about him. He was good as a play caller in Indianapolis in their defense. Three out of the four years defense they were top ten in the league in turnovers. I actually think it's a very good hire. They got a special teams coach who was the defensive coordinator for the forty nine ers last year. All good things. The problem is, though, the Cowboys gonna re sign Oh so DIGGI zooa who would be great for you? Probably not? So there's your Cowboys news. They're filling out the staff for a mediocre twenty twenty five. The Rangers are man, they're coming up. They're tanking for arch Manning right the Rangers?
Speaker 2: Yep, all right? Shuting up? Next, Katie, where are we gonna go? In the love shack? Found this article.
Speaker 3: I don't really use this much, but it's a it's a thing, Uh women, what turns them off about men on dating apps?
Speaker 2: Next? Yep, good thing. Us three dudes are here to talk about this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Christina might have something, Dad, I don't know. She might want to weigh in on that, but we're the experts.
Speaker 2: Clearly,