Speaker 1: Well, one of these weeks, I'm gonna get caught looking like a dummy here in the background, John, because I, like, you know, start the video and now I'm like in the background, like you know, trying to retweet and post and do whatever, and then I still don't know that dang intro music, so I keep how like I knew the old one, so I knew exactly, Like how long do I have to switch over? But anyway, here we are welcome John Lost to talk about today UFL Week nine. How are you, sir, good man?
Speaker 2: It's like we you know, we had a couple of good games here this past week, even though they don't really count for much. I mean, I guess they count for the final record as we will see in week ten. A lot of news going out on out there or maybe.
Speaker 1: News maybe news, yet lots to talk about today UFL will talk through the games over the weekend. We have the Delay game, the ESPN three O Show, plus we can talk through all that stuff we have, like trademark news here. Mark Perry with UFL News, have lots of thoughts here I have on that I tweeted out my findings on that involved with new trademarks and potential expansion or relocation. We will talk through all of that today and then that we have Mike Mitchell's Friday TV Reports, we have attendance ratings and everything else. We'll look ahead to the playoffs. How does that all sound there?
Speaker 2: John sounds good man. I'm ready for the return of the Oakland Invaders. I hear it's happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll probably lead off with that here. We'll get to that in Brabar. Another great show inbound, Denzel checking here co Co do you well, Scott rejoining here, you know, becoming a member of it. That's fair. I mean I'm kind of rejoined the podcast off and on too, So if you need to step off and step back on the podcast, I get that. Yeah. And a duel here, Mark Perry very popular over the weekend. Yes, I guess we can talk through that first and foremost. I'll put that up and we got I have the Pro Football News Room. We'll talk through the Michigan and kind of all that stuff as well. But this kind of shocked me going into the I guess this was Saturday, right. It came out and Mark had this article or exclusive exclusive because the trademark data publicly searched online trademark databases and that's a private information exclusive UFL trademark filing, significant signal, potential expansion with four historic UFL franchises, And so Mark Perry and we go through all this, but he has a whole article up and you can check out. You can see I've even perused this myself here talking through but notably Mark Perry, through his research at the Oakland Invaders, Philadelphia Stars, New Jersey Generals in Tampa Bay Bandits Marc has noted recent trademark filing updates to all of those. I have my thoughts on all of that stuff, but this got a lot of people talking. Right We're getting near the end of the season, John, and we've been talking are we getting new cities? Are we getting an expansion? All this stuff? We've announced season ticket renewals, is something coming at the at the championship game? Kind of everything else? What did you make of this? Because this, uh, as much as spring football news on the Saturday over Memorial that wee can can make waves, this did make waves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it did. Uh. You know the first thing I thought was, oh, you know, maybe maybe they are going to move toward this or that they're they're gonna, you know, put these in their back pocket in case you know, Houston or Michigan, or are not Michigan but Houston or Memphis need to relocate. And then those are your two expansion teams. Those. That was the first thing went my mind. But then I thought, we've seen this play out before, uh several times. You know, one of the companies that's involved here had re upped on some of these trademarks. Then I started thinking, well, some of you out there might have checked out the UFL dot com. There's a place there on the shop called the Vault, And I thought, are they is this gonna be a merchandise play now, are they like really gonna lean into We're gonna own We're gonna own these trademarks and start selling merchandise because there's some like there's actually some real stuff on there on the vault, like game you stuff from the two thousand and one XFL There's all kinds of things. So I, you know, my mind went to one hundred different directions and then you know, this little bomb here drops.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so we've been trying I'm just I'm trying to pull up the vault here as we're talking about this just so yes, and so you can you can kind of see all this and this used to be housed. Even there was like another site I kind of had my eyes on for a while by in or maybe it was like the XFL twenty twenty three stuff. There was a site for a while that was holding not on eBay and it was kind of holding some of this. But that's interesting yet, so there uh conceivably, right, if the UFL is going to exist for let's say in another next five ten years, you want to be able to sell all this stuff. And we've John as a Commander's redskins Washington fan, I know well aware and the debates right now about preserving historical and use and all that stuff. So is that where your mind went originally or did it go to New cities and all that.
Speaker 2: No, I mean the first thing I thought was there's a reason that they're doing this, and maybe it is. You know, they're gonna relocate it. It makes the math makes sense if you if you think about their plan. There's talk of relocating two teams maybe you know, maybe Houston, Memphis, some people say even Birmingham, and then you know, adding to so it's like, Okay, you know, maybe this is just these are placeholders for them to do this, and they've obviously done the research and they've tried this before. And as Mark Perry pointed out, these were things that were kate. He talked about it about like the case or the trademarks were suspended, but then they re upped. You know more about this than I do. But then but that this was like they wanted to get this done. So to me, something was going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been a long and I used to honestly when I saw this Saturday, we were we had something going on. And I ended up catching up a lot of the games on Saturday afternoon and then Sunday with the kind of the delay, and we can talk through all that. With the Indye card, I bet that the I wish that was out today, and that Sunday ABC game, I wish that. I was just thinking about that because I thought that would have been live today with the holiday. I think that will be quote the highest spring football game watched in the last whatever, if they can get that over run timed out right. But anyway, I saw the article come out and I thought, well, that's cute, like and not being dismissive. I used to kind of really look at all that stuff too when I was doing the podcast every week, and you know, we'd have to fill hour and a half two hours. I'm like, who the hell am I going to talk to? Okay, like, looks like they made an update on the Canton Gold Okay, let's call Paul Reaves and come on. So I was just kind of looking at it for all that and anyway, and I finally get down today and I'm like, all right, we need to talk about this today on the show and all kind of all this stuff I want to get to also this whole like are we expanding this year? But in terms of Mark's story, and I haven't heard back from him, I posted and tagged him and all that. So I did my research today. I went on because Mark did all the stuff and looked at all the and I have all the browsers saved and all of that stuff. But if you go on, you can look for all of these new trademarks for the New Jersey Generals, for the Oakland Invaders, for the Philadelphia Stars and the Tampa Bay Bandits, and when you filter out, because all of these trademarks have been owned like off and on throughout the years. Brian Woods picked up a lot of these back throughout his Spring League things, and we would kind of remember the Generals were kind of with the Spring League and we kind of had other things and we were talking about all that stuff. Fox brings in Brian Woods. They get control of all of that stuff, So I don't That's when I kind of gave up the like searching the minutia day in of day out. But when I go on today, this is what I saw. So I did the research. They usually looking at the trademarks. The work that I saw that was done on May six for all four of these, and I have the screenshots of the three and then the ones showing what they did. Two classes were filed each by USFL enterprises. There's kind of a mishmash of holding groups and that might be part of it as well, because the XFL owns some of this stuff and then the USFL and they've kind of rebranded. They were the MSFL and then they were the UFL. Now anyway, two amounts, you know, you can see seven hundred dollars year paid for two classes for the Generals. Seven hundred paid for the bandits for the Invaders, and then the other team, the Stars, is there as well, and they were adding international classes for notably board games and stickers bumper stickers, mostly related to football. That is what I saw on that So do I view that on Tuesday, May twenty seventh, that one of those four franchises is likely to return it. I don't feel any more or less because of any of these trademark violins. Do you feel different now or any questions on any of my homework?
Speaker 2: No? No, because remember there was the trademark what was the Nashville team, I can't remember what it was called. There was that, there was the Aviators, there was I mean, there was the Canton or there was Bulldogs. I can't remember if it was Canton Bulldogs or not. But I always thought the NFL owned that trademark. I don't know, but no, I mean I think I'm I'm with you, and it's Someone in the chat also pointed out too, it's like it's a kill switch. I mean, it makes sense. It's like I was, I was trying to articulate that, yeah, it's this is this might be something. We're going to keep these in our back pockets just so we own these franchises, we own these names, and you know, maybe there's an opportunity where we might are a situation where we have to break them out. I hope that's not the case, because you don't want to be that. You know, we've got to we're gonna break this out in you know, in case of emergency, and you've got like you know, Oakland. I don't think you can you can do that in a place that. I mean, if you're going to move these franchises or open new franchises, you have to go into the markets that want them, and you got to really do a lot of forethought. And I would hope the UFL, you know, has done that. Maybe maybe we're reading too much into this too.
Speaker 1: Well and what what what? What kills me about all this? And so and you can search on and do all that stuff. And yeah, they own and John and I think have even done this on the Weekly Show. But we've done this over the summer and looked and I mean they own a combination of so many different ones and and when you look here at the thing, you know where it's uh and I've lost my I'm in the vault here, you know where it's like the seven hundred dollars for the two Like, I don't that doesn't mean like Apple owns billions and billions and billions of all these you know, trademarks and patents and all that stuff. Uh to me, like even just the greater kind of thought about this. And I think Mike was saying in the chat Danny was on talking about all their ips or something that I didn't see that, but you know they brag about all this. It goes back to my problem from the beginning with all of this when they asked Darryll back with the USFL like, why did you pick these eight markets? And he goes, well, these are the trademarks we owned, we wanted to use them. And I'm like, that's a terrible That's a terrible way to decide where to play the football team. So yeah, Like because the now, I think the only one that could potentially work would be the Generals and you would just get the pop out of that because of Trump and the President. I I could imagine all that, John, don't I just don't need that in my football life. I don't need Trump involved in the.
Speaker 2: More red merchandise. You could totally get there.
Speaker 1: More red, but but you know, like some of the I don't think the Stars, I think like whatever, whatever, whatever pop you got on, Like the activations of these franchises. I think we got back in twenty two and they told the botched that right because the lawsuit, we couldn't promote everything. Then they got that cleared away, and now we have a we never got that right, we never got the like now it's the USFL is back. It's all together and I don't image and there's like a contingent in Philadelphia that's like waiting for the Stars activation here in twenty twenty five, like, oh, we've been holding on you know, you're.
Speaker 2: Right, Oh they're coming back. And yeah, although they kind of had them but kind of didn't, you know, also kind of cross. I mean, this is all speculation, of course, because that's what we do, but you know, part of it could be. I also wonder too if there might have been some other entities out there that wanted to use those trademarks, because we know that a lot of the USFL, a lot of the copyrights and trademarks, you know, lapsed when the league folded. That's why if you watch a lot of movies in the eighties, and nineties and someone's watching a football game, it's always a USFL game because they all those copyrights just disappeared. But you know, I do wonder if there's some of that, because I believe there's an indoor football team in San Antonio that caused himself, the Gunslingers, So so I don't know if it was Maybe they're trying to protect those for another reason too, But you know, I mean we could speculate about one hundred different situations that they were using for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, real quick, So I just search here, here's a USFL owner. I mean, this is all that you know. I mean, this isn't even this is two hundred and twenty two. And then if you look here, you know, I don't even know if anything you know, and then they're still transferring stuff over. So I mean, it's just not anyway, uh to the thought of the expansion. Oh, it's just when you talk about the rights being I still always love that movie The Seventh Day with Arnold Schwarzenegger, where you know, it's this it's this futuristic sci fi world where the XFL is the is the premier football league and they're getting paid like five hundreds and they and the quarterback dies and they have to clone them because there's so much money in the I mean, this isn't the first If you want to go the look up the Seventh Day. First five minutes in the movie, the guy breaks his neck and they're like, well, we got to clone and we just signed them to this real wow, I really know that. But so because of this and because of the expansion, and because we are at week nine and we have articles like Mike Florio here talking about you know, with two thousand fans and you know, obviously crediting Mike Mitchell. We appreciate that, Mike Fourrio and all that, there seems to be a lot of talk right now, what do you think, I mean, is this just because we're at the end of the season, because we're kind of we we have two seasons worth kind of a data over this, Like what what do you make of all this conversation?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's there are a lot of I will say, Mike Florio before has treated the UFL and has covered it seriously, you know, positively and negatively. I don't. I don't. I never did see anything that was super unfair, but that's true. But I think Yeah, I think there's a lot of speculation because I think there's a lot of talk about what's going on, and maybe this has gotten a little more attention here toward the end as they kind of ramp up going toward the playoffs. You know, in certain circles. I'm not saying nationally, I just don't. I don't think that's the case it uh, but yeah, I think it's you know, it's a football site, and it's we're in a click based economy now and journalism is very much, you know, different than it than it was in the past when we practiced it.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I practice of journalistic standards. I already got yelled at once here. That's last month for talking about it. I do like this comment from Darren here real quick, and I have some advance in Houston Memphis figured out that the season ticket presale is a test to measure fan interests. Are the clueless thinking about the guaranteed I like that. I mean, we haven't even talked that much about that, but I love that that. It's like, let's see you, let's see how many people are wanting to come back on that. I will say when you have articles like this here with mister Florio and all who's actually really nice. I mean, he always responds all my emails. I have no I don't think Mark Perry likes Mark Florio, if that makes it feel any better or not. But like articles like that, and then when you hear about expansion or relocation, it doesn't feel like the UFL is coming from a position of strength, right you Then I would feel like, oh, we're we're expanding a relocating, right because we need more fans or more money or whatever. So it's to me it's hard to do both like that and feel like you're expanding a relocating except just to kind of scurry to find more fans wherever they are, right.
Speaker 2: And you know, Mike Florio is he's old like the rest of us, and he remembers how many of these spring leagues. You know, I was talking to somebody today. I had released a video and we were talking about Memphis kind of in the comments there, and it's like, it's amazing how many flirtations with pro football that Memphis has and the bottom line is they've been burnt by every one of them. So a lot of us remember all these spring leagues that have come and go and frankly, I mean, you know, we've seen a few just in the last you know, five years, six years. I remember back in two thousand and one, and I think it was the third week of the season, there was an article on ESPN dot com, you know, back when you had to wind up your computer to get it. That was the XFL people were publicly talking about going to Washington, d C. And some other places to look at potential expansion cities. So I think, you know, Mike Florio again to my point, is like he's you know, old like us, and he just remembers we've heard that, we've seen this movie before and it ends the same way. And there are some people that have said that they think Memphis is not going to go anywhere because of the FedEx and Fred's you know, Smith connection. I'm just not seeing that because unless they start to sell these franchises and Fred Smith and Tom Brady and whoever else and these up you know, John Gruden and whoever else they want to bring into this. Unless they these guys actually do this, there's gonna have to be some change. And there are a lot of people who say that, you know, they think change it would hurt the league. I don't know that you can have two thousand people show up for a game and say we've got we can't you know, we'll leave that alone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and even it does. It does feel like even Mark and from looking at his Twitter today to get the article so I could read the article to talk about all that stuff, he was even like, it feels like everyone's kind of over Memphis on this. But I just I don't know, and I want to because I want to make sure we talk about this Tom Brady and the owners and all that. But to your point, when we're talking through the sale and all of this, when you're looking here, you know, Houston, Burning Hill, like what, I just I don't know what you're And I've said this before, I don't know what you're buying. And not to harp on all this stuff, but we're having this conversation right now. I don't know if fred Smith or Jack Smith or Debbie Smith or anyone wants two thousand people, and I don't You're not buying anything at that point, unless unless you're able to say, well, shoot, I get ten percent of all the Memphis show boats gear that we're selling in the vault. But even that, like do I caring, like I don't know. I watched Ark Tank a lot, like where am I getting my money back?
Speaker 2: John?
Speaker 1: Like, I'm by the show? Where am I getting it back? You know?
Speaker 2: Well, you're right, like you know what are what are you buying? If you were an owner? And yes, Abdul, I did see your comment about parking, because it would have been amazing parking I would have gotten in Memphis for two thousand people, which there's no way there was two thousand people there. I don't want to pick on Memphis, but I'm just saying that when you start to see this in the community, why would you say, first of all, what am I buying? And also are people in my community going to show up just because I'm the owner. I'm not sure that that's going to be the case. I don't know unless there are owners out there who think or potential owners who think I'm the guy who can turn this around. And I hope there are I hope there are eight out there. I hope there are ten out there. But I don't know when you start to see these and if they get the actual attendance numbers, I mean, you know, we know that it's not going to be what those are so they got to open the books. I would love to see the open books on the entire league and some of these teams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you talking about this like you know, if someone can sit there and think like, well can I do better? To me, it's hard when you to be an owner of video these and you look and you go Jesus like You've got Fox and ESPN and Red Bird and Danny Garcia and the Rock and the FedEx guy and all the every TV. I'm like, you still can't, like, what the hell am I going to do? I mean that's almost like when I would look at it, like, you know, because I don't know what and not to say it's not in the possibility. But I don't think that when when ownership, I don't think understands how to sell their league versus besides, just like this is just more of what you watch in the fall. I don't know. And I was even getting into that, I think over the weekend with just like you know, sequel Itis and all these reboots and kind of everything, I'm like, well, here we just put it on, like people watch it. It's like, well they actually need to, you know, you need to give people a reason to want to. Oh, that's what it was. It was the whole Emory hunting this morning, That's what it was. And it was where he was like, and I love Emory, but he's like, you don't love football unless you watch every pro league like I do. And you're like, that's not a selling point to the UFL. Is this is for the hardcores of No, this should be like, hey, mom, Sue Johnson, you watch football every day every day during college.
Speaker 2: And the NFL.
Speaker 1: Why doesn't my mom watch the UFL?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, that is why they need to decide.
Speaker 2: There is a hardcore group of fans that are watching the UFL. I mean, and they're also probably watching this podcast right now or we'll watch it later. That's the problem. Maybe yeah, right, because we're so negative about everything, I understand that, but I mean, but seriously, there is good play, there are good stories, there are things to sell with this league. But you're right, it's like you have to get out of the you know, you have to get out of the hardcore sickos like us, and yeah, we need to get your mom to watch, We need to get all these other people to watch, because there are people and I've said this before, and it continues to happen. There are people that I know because I worked in sports television for thirty years and I have a lot of friends, and they always, of course make fun of me for watching as they you know, say like bootleg football or whatever, and I'm like, no, it's this is this is real football. You should you should watch it. They still don't know the names of the name of the league. And and these are people who work in sports broadcasting. So I mean that's just telling you, like they there needs to be something to start, you know, spreading the word a little bit more somehow. I mean, we've talked about this over and over, but you but you're right to the point of ownership. If you're an owner, what are you buying right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So, and I wanted to do We'll do a few momnutes on this because I want to touch on the time Brady. We'll do the games and the promise. We'll promise all this stuff. This is not just stick around. We'll do all that stuff I did. Oh, I do it here has The problem is we haven't seen true evaluation. Someone hasn't done I will say, when Ben Fisher was on like two years ago when he like cracked his head up and he had a bandage on. I think he did. We kind of talked to the MLS evaluation on that. So if you want to go back in deep dive Ben Fisher. But this was what made me laugh get all over luck in the Banana guys on it John. They're selling seventy thousand people to go watch like in Raymond James Stadium where they played football for the you know, the XFL played there, right, they're back and then the twenty twenty, right, they couldn't get They had seventy thousand people there, and I'm sorry, like, uh, you know, I know the Savannah Bananas, but they're like a Harlem globe charge. I mean, the games don't really matter, It's my point. No, No, they're playing and it's fine and it's good to do, but the games don't really matter even and like they're still getting seventy thousand.
Speaker 2: They they played here at our minor league stadium here in Louisville, and I mean the tickets were going. People were standing in line to get tickets. I mean, but I mean the day they opened the box office, not the day of the game. So yeah, I mean you're right, and Oliver Luck, I mean, I don't you talk to and I don't know would. I just wonder if he would ever want to get involved with spring football after, you know, such the bad experience that he had, and I thought that he was I thought he was a great commissioner for the short time he was. He was the commissioner of the XFL.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if anyone wants to go back a great interview, we did well at the end of last year after the UFL you know, season one wrapped and talking with Oliver Lack a courtesy of Sam Schwartztein. And then I would just say, I think Oliver's advice would be like, this is really hard, and I think it's harder than anyone that's involved right now probably get or maybe they know now, but I think, you know, like this is so much harder than I think anyone getting into the space realizes. I wanted to get your thoughts. One of the things Mark had in the article was talking about this potential of a Tom Brady Tampa Bay thing. To me, I've lived and I still don't understand how he owns whatever percentage of the Raiders and how he's being able to do Fox and go to the combat. I don't understand how all of that works. I don't I can in my life imagine that. He then also is like, well, I need to own the Tampa Bay UFL franchise. I don't believe that at all, But what do you curious your thoughts?
Speaker 2: All right, let's say, let's just let's suppose this is this is true. Why would this be true? Well, Fox is paying Tom Brady like, I mean, hundreds of millions of dollars to do you know, I think it's so as that dual point out, we don't know what the valuations on these teams are. But he works for Fox. He's worked with the very upper levels of Fox, with Eric Shanks and and and and above. You know, probably had lunch with Rupert Murdock a couple of times. So if if there was something to this, I can see where Fox says, Hey, listen, were we need to franchise these teams? This is our plan? You know? Would you do this, you know, as a friend to Fox like and it would certainly give you immediate name recognition if Tom Brady is out there talking about the ufl uh in addition to everything else that he does. But if he was talking about the UFL. There's no question that's a boost. And there's no question that your mom knows who Tom Brady is. And when that happens, then that's when you start to get some juice on. As someone pointed out that they've Philip pointed out, it's like you hear this is fake football. Well, when you get real people involved that you know, have name recognition there, you know, when you that, then the people like Tom Brady could make that work. I mean, I would love to see it. I'd love to see it.
Speaker 1: I have my hand on when you're ready to call him read we have that right now. With the Rock, you have the biggest person in the world. And it hasn't made a difference.
Speaker 2: Okay, but as someone someone held a sign up at the Saint Louis game when I was there and it said I think it said like fifteen home games and we still can't smell what the Rock is cooking and so what and that guy's been m I A although I did see that he did say something about the UFL recently. But but yeah, it's like that's the guy you but he's got to be out in front and center, you know, so Yeah, it's fine when he's a trophy presentation, but season's over by that time.
Speaker 1: Or the kickoff the Rock both hit something over the weekend. I think of it as about Memorial Day, but it was something about like for someone that uses social media as much as The Rock, like it does kill me. Like he'll post these videos like him and it'll just be like fifteen minutes long, and you're like, who is watching, Like you know, like I'll watch you got me for about sixty seconds, right, I'll watch and I'll watch them whatever. But I'm like, he just sits here and talk. Anyway, he was talking to one percent. I think it was like the Memorial Day and you know the people, but I know Dwayne is fifty four percent. Okay, that's it. That's the number that we that we need to pay attention to. It's not it's that one percent is way more important that that's fifty four percent. That's what you need to be talking about.
Speaker 2: Someone brought up a good point there. The Rock in twenty twenty five is not the same as The Rock in twenty fifteen, but he's still got plenty of star powers, not not you know, like he had.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just last comment on that. I don't know. I just to me unless it's a favor by Fox and they're, like you said, they're saying Tommy, like we need to do this. I just it's been such a I don't I mean, I think it's finally improved now, but that thing's taken like three I just I don't see any why would I even waste a second of Like if I'm Tom Brady, why would I waste a second of my life on the UFL.
Speaker 2: Well, and he might not. I mean he might. He could say he can be an owner. I mean we're getting really deep in speculation, but he can be an owner and just say okay. It's it's like a lot of NFL owners some of them should be more like this where they just say, yes, I own the team, I'm hiring football people to take care of this. I'm the bank roll. So you guys go do your job and do it well and then we'll evaluate after the season.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I just it's it's been interesting to me just kind of the video work I've done the last maybe year now, just dealing with a lot of these like CEOs that they're like managing a lot of it, you know, and this is like the Rock, right, I mean the Rock or whoever, Tom Brady or Danny Garcia. Yeah, they're the CEO of their life, right, And I gotta tell this, but you know, I get in this position. I got to be ready to go the second they sit down. It's like when the Rocks do and you see these clips and the Rocks doing, you know, they're set up. It's he's not like sitting there deciding like I'm not going to talk about the UFL. Like he has his books and they build his time and I'm just you know, it's not like he's sitting around like it's you know, they had something set up for him to come talk about it or whatever, and he shows and then they leave and they move on. They don't they're not sitting there any of this stuff.
Speaker 2: So right, Yeah, it's yeah, it's it's all very you know, book as you said, booked and rehearse. There's no question.
Speaker 1: Anything else on that, anything else, trademark, anything else with that. We'll get to the games. We did attendance. Oh, Mike has the five hundred and forty thousand for the Friday night? Does that do anything for you?
Speaker 2: I mean it was a Friday night you know, before Memorial Day. Still again, when you're getting into the five hundred thousand dollars five hundred the five hundred thousand viewer range on a network show, I don't, you know. I mean, I see some questions. They are nice and not bad, but I don't. I don't that to me on a network if it was on you know, ESPN on a Friday night before Memorial Day or FS one, I'd say, I mean, yeah, I mean that makes sense. But when that's on Fox, and this is and to me, we and we talked about it last week. Next year, assuming that UFL on Fox Friday night is a thing they've got to They gotta do flexing. They got they gotta flex, and you know, give the fans two weeks, say two weeks out, we can tell you that we're gonna flex this game. It's gonna be. It's not it's not gonna be Saturday afternoon. It's gonna be Friday night. Because you can't. You can't keep doing this. This isn't sustainable. You can show reruns of I don't know whatever's on Fox Family Guy. That's only show I know on Fox. You can you could show that and get five hundred and forty thousand people on Friday night.
Speaker 1: Well that was his rug we made it was it on Saturday when they had the rain delay for the Memphis And that's obviously why they attendance was so pointed because the rain delay and all that, and well it was that normally six. I mean, I know we should have probably prefaced that, but like, okay, the rain delay and that was all because of that. But uh, I'm like they probably because they said, like, we're not going to let fans in until we decide what time the game is. I'm like, I'm sure they don't want to deal with getting those people out of there, Like God, we gotta let it in the five hundred people and track and like let's just wait, Let's just wait till we kind of figure I will say that. And I know I brought this up before, but you know, when you're talking five forty on Fox on a Friday, the Spring League got four eighteen and the mid Saturday afternoon and that was Louise Press and the Chowsters and the gime in and.
Speaker 2: How Mummy lifting the trophy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no Rock or Danny or I just you know, there was just a simpler time you tell me, you go back and you do the spring League, and you roll it out and you do the two you do the two hubs. They were already getting ratings, and then then then you rewore the hub. Then you go, you know, cause they were in Indianapolis and Houston. That was great. And then you go like, hey, yeah, Memphis if you want that or burning whatever. But then people have to earn it. Then you award the franchise versus like, well, we own the Oakland Invaders trademark, so we should look at that, like it's just not how you build any of this stuff. It's just not sustainable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you got to hope that there's you know, some more research into the different cities that to make this work.
Speaker 1: Lasting on that and then I hate with that where they're like, oh, we'll see, like that worked in Saint Louis with the scorn, you know, so now we gotta go to Oakland. I'm like, I don't know. I just Saint Louis works for more than just people hate Stan Kronk. I mean that's a large portion of it, but I hate this whole, Like, well, we just need to find a place that's been scoring and do it like you haven't found anything else. It's replicated the whole time you've been running any of this stuff. So I don't know why they think now.
Speaker 2: And there have been a few places that have been scorn and Oakland is one of them. But and San Diego is another. But you have to make sure that it's financially viable to go in there, and that you have you have. It's a football crazy place. Saint Louis is a football crazy places. It has been for a long time. So that's one of the reasons that it works. That's one of the big reasons it works.
Speaker 1: I like the uh what you just call it a crazy football place.
Speaker 2: It's that uh Saint Louis. Yeah that yeah, they are football. Yeah, they're football crazy there.
Speaker 1: Well I just like, yeah Wednesday, that essen now, like we're just so wowed and crazy crazy football guys. All right, we're talking football. I'm pulling up the schedules. But here we go. All right, Saint Louis. Phillip's reminding us at the battleha, you know that they won all that stuff. I need to get the games up here. What did you make of the weekend slot? While I get the games up?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, it was fun to watch because there wasn't a lot. You know, there's not a lot on the line, although you know Birmingham had they had a great game. But I mean, I'll be honest with you, Saturday I was I was uh more invested into smoking ribs and grill and chicken, so I it was I had to catch up on a lot of the I only watched one game in full, and that was Sunday because I watched the highlight cut down on the I mean I had the Birmingham game onto the background and watching it back and forth. But but I did I watched all the highlight cut down later because I mean, these games, they they were interesting, but it was but there's nothing on the line. And I think Week ten will be interesting because they're all these quarterback I mean, we're I think you and I could go to one of these towns and probably play quarterback and the coach would say, Okay, that's fine because I can't get anybody hurt. That's going to the playoffs. I will watch. I think it's Arlington and San Antonio play I will watch that game because I don't know how much longer we're going to see Luis Perez playing spring football, so you know this this might be the Swan song, so I will I will watch that game.
Speaker 1: I know it was was. I think Anthony was really hoping that that. Why is this all I need to get this?
Speaker 2: Listen? The UFL site was being really weird earlier today and looking at schedules.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, let me get all they get because right they we we were at the Dome right really blew out the ramas here. San Antonio went on that I think Mike in our we were doing the power rankings for Greg's stuff, I think he said, there's really not a lot to talk about with Memphis or san Antonio anymore. I kind of agree with that. I kind of felt that way last week, like, well, I just don't know how you even kind of look here at this san Antonio with anything?
Speaker 2: What did you?
Speaker 1: Uh? I mean anything really dug in. I know Pat Raffino is really high on him.
Speaker 2: Still maybe yeah maybe yeah. Today, well we got to see Brandon Silver, so that was you know, and through for one hundred yards. It was interesting that, you know, they put Kellen mand back out there. I still didn't understand the whole you know, Kevin Hogan thing. So it was nice to see Kell and mand back there. I again, we talked about this earlier. I think because the season is so compressed, we saw Kell and Mond getting better each week, but it was also maybe not rapid enough for you know, for for Wade and then for you know, for parties. So uh, but it was good to see him back. I always thought he gave them a better chance to win, but it's if it had been a sixteen game season, it probably would have been killing Monte.
Speaker 1: What'd you what do you think of Brandon? Silver's here? Kind of interesting any right, He got picked up a couple of weeks ago, right because of injury and all that, and then I mean, good for him because he I think it, you know, I think he was kind of I don't know, uh, jaded or I think he was kind of done. I mean, I don't want to put words in his mouth, but you know he's back here now. I mean, good for him and obviously getting those checks in there, you know, I mean that's what that's who you want to care at this point? Right his player is extending and being able to make money and do what they want as long as it possible. But it's just kind of a good good, feel good story here for Friday Night.
Speaker 2: I loved it. And he made some great passes too, so it's like it's not like he was just you know, in there taking up a spot. So Max Duggan didn't get hurt. I mean, he was making he made some really good passes. It was it was uh that that was fun to watch some of the highlights of him when he got in the game.
Speaker 1: We have a comment here profile, I don't know that you guys are a great team. Don't change it. Well, there you go, appreciate it. I always I'm screenshot like anytime anyone like John, anytime anyone my Facebook messenger has notifacations or like I post something on Twitter like that, Like I just am used to just looking and having someone yelling at me.
Speaker 2: So it's nice. It's just like, do you understand why I'm not on Twitter?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I avoid it. I just but John had a question here so Party. He says he's watching the game. The party made the game more interesting. I'll be curious. I don't know what I mean. I think if you if Peyton Party wants the job, I think it's his job in the US. I mean that's that is that rude? That's say for the no.
Speaker 2: No, I think that's I think that's true. Uh. He's also I think he's part of there was some kind of coaches clinic in the NFL. I think Tampa Bay was doing something with that. So he's a future head coach somewhere. I mean, I think on a larger level, whether it's a you know, whether it's college or some you know, sometime way down the road in uh, in the NFL. But yeah, I think, uh, I think he's a really good coach that just yeah, if he wants to be the San Antonio coach or coach of whoever next year, I think that that that opportunity would certainly be afforded to it.
Speaker 1: It was kind of like when I got my, uh for my only job interview call after college, and I was so excited. It was my last day ever, and I had a voicemail from the news director or Bakersfield, California, and he goes, hey, you know whatever, like we'd like to fly you down for the interview because there happened that he goes, can you drive from Spokane to Seattle? But there happened to be a direct flight from Bakersfield is there's Spokanda Baker's Field, forgotten this life. And so I went to my teacher and I told him, I said, I'm really nervous, you know, I have this job interview. And he goes, if they're flying you down from Spokane to Bakersfield market one point thirty two for a news folk journalist, Like you're not even on camera. Like He's like, you probably have the job. You can say, as long as you don't have something in your.
Speaker 2: Forehead, you probably could have just driven the U haul down with all your stuff. I like that.
Speaker 1: Anyway, do we feel good about the party thing? Like Hines? Obviously we want him to be good, but like, hey, we kind of I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yah, yeah, I mean I think it was. I liked it. I think I thought it was a good story. And I think he's a good coach. I mean, you know, there there was there were some times if you watched the Brahmas a few times, there were some things that he needed to learn. Uh, but there's no question that he might be better than a few other head coaches that are in this league right now. So, uh, not a lot, but some And I think that, uh yeah, I think that there. I think he has a really good chance. It was a great story and as uh you know they pointed out there, it did make it more interesting to see, like some of the things he can do. You just saw how excited when they did win that game. When they won, I guess it was his first game. Was it against d C. Maybe I can't. I'm trying to remember which one it was, but you know how excited those players were for him. So there's a he had a connection there. Obviously he was an assistant coach, but uh, you know, for everything that he went through and to get that battlefield promotion, yeah, I thought I thought it was pretty cool and I would like to see him stick around, but you know, he may be destined for some other things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they said here, John, I think at this point they should keep party. You get a few more alike him. Provide opportunity. I mean it was supposed to be, right, so League of Opportunity here, this is like literally what the UFL is designed for. Right, here's a special teams coach. He got a promotion, and you know, you do what you do at that point. I mean, you can't rebuild the team or go back in time. But I think that. I mean, at least the team's playing under him. I big value.
Speaker 2: You gotta feel good front, Yeah, I mean people. And that was the thing. Like even on that Friday night game a couple of weeks ago, was the Memphis overtime game. You know, yeah, they were playing for him. They had nothing to play for. But both those both those teams really they were just you know, they they were just still balling. And you know, it wasn't about like trying to get individual tape. They were out there playing as a team. That says a lot. That speaks a lot to a.
Speaker 1: Head coach, Uh speaking here of a couple of teams but not a ton to play for. Here we have a right your boy here and when we all go deep dive. This was the rain delayed game and kind of all that stuff. But uh, what'd you think of that? Why wasn't that?
Speaker 2: Did I make?
Speaker 1: Am I making that up in my head? No? Because no, then the one was delayed the next year there was two delays, right.
Speaker 2: Well this one was delayed for like three hours. Yeah, because well, well we get the the Sunday game was delayed. Well, it wasn't delayed. They kicked off at four o'clock Eastern time, but the Indianapolis five months, so yeah, I had to get on. I was on the Fox Sports app, uh watching that, so which was nice that you you know, you can you could watch it even though it was supposed to be somewhere else and I couldn't find it.
Speaker 1: It was a whole thing. But I watched PN three. Yeah it was really weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't even know that was still a thing anymore. I was like on ESPN. I was trying to get on ESPN app and I just did. I just went to the Fox Sports app and there was.
Speaker 1: Let's see here. So in terms of Perez, you said going back, you know, ying maybe his swan song here. Just any general thoughts is, yeah, anything on this game just while we kind of get through here, I know we'll have more thoughts on stallions and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I thought I liked you know, Luis Perez is still playing, and I watched some of the of his post game. You know, he's obviously disappointed, but he it's the good thing is and another reason that I'm watching this game, I think it was. Of course, if you watch my video then you you'll you'll know what the exact number is. I'm trying to I think he needs like two hundred and ninety three yards to break his record from last year. And he was about he's on averaging about two twenty two thirty passing yards per game, so that would be interesting to watch too. But yeah, I just you know this one they I mean, you know, to me, I'd like to see a lot more addresser win. I understand they want to put e J. Perry out there. A lot of these guys are trying to get them film and it makes total sense. And you know, a we even had a Holt Naylor's I thought, I asked Pat if he's going to put Holt Naylor's in his like you know, top five now because he threw a touchdown pass.
Speaker 1: Well, and then he was like on, I saw some video of him like talking to the crowd too. I didn't know what was going on with that. Yeah, he had quite the weekend. I think he's pretty excited.
Speaker 2: He should have been excited. That was probably the most. I mean, he's you know, he's usually mister handoff king there and when they run that package that like weird T formation or whatever it is they run. But yeah, so he threw a touchdown pass.
Speaker 1: Is this the last we see of the show Boats? Do you think they're back next year?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. It's it's I don't know, unless something drastically changes, or the UFL like really has you know, some they really do get the owners or something. It's hard for him to see the Memphis show Boats coming back, and I hate it because it is a good venue down there. They've done everything right. They've gotten out in the community. I think they said it was like twenty thousand hours of like before the season even started, that they were out, you know, talking to all these you know different you know, like really getting out and connecting with the fans. But there's a disconnect somewhere. And again I think it might go back to what we were talking about earlier. There was a hardcore group of fans. But the problem is there are a lot of fans that remember every flirtation with every league from the World Football League on in the mid seventies to now, and they've gotten burnt every time. So maybe there's something there. So it's really hard for me to see if things continue the way that they continue, that there has to be some kind of change there and I hate to see it because I really liked what I thought was gonna happen this year.
Speaker 1: In terms of Abdul's got a couple of funny it's, and he's always funny on the check. Of course, he'll be like, well, Memphis telling needs like twenty seven thousand more fans next game, and they'll they'll still break the record from last time and all that stuff. But Pat called me the other day paraffine you know, analyze and educate on YouTube, went to the Weekend Day a story if he was out, and we were talking because he Pat. The story was Pat was at a gym and someone had a battle Hawks shirt on it. I think they had gotten it. Maybe he's told you the story too, they got it free and they didn't know what the battle Hawks were. And then oh, okay, well tell you. I mean, I assume Pat is okay. With Pat texting me right now, it's not really that big of a story. But the guy had a battle hook shugged on, and Pat's like that's awesome, Like what do you know the team? He's like, well, I think like I got this at work, Like I think they were here back in twenty twenty and whatever, and Pat's like, oh no, like they're back now, and he's like awesome. And Pat's like, well, are you going to go to the games? He's like probably not, but that's cool, like and moved on, right, and you know this whole thing because we get through all this and like, I don't and that's this is a spur of my conversation. Like some of these markets, I don't know how you sell them or I don't know, like San Antonio this year with the four home games, I don't know how you sell four home games. I don't know how you sell and I don't know. You know, I'm just brain certain. You know, we saw the hub stuff and everything. You know, do you do a longer season and then can you double up some of these games? I mean even the CFL, right, you do nine teams, but they play forever? I know that is long term more of a thing. I just down the line, because then you at least you can sell more than four games or like oh here, buy ten games for your team or what I mean. It's just an impossibility.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I wouldn't hurt. I don't think to have a twelve week season, maybe, especially if you ended up with ten teams, and you know, if they do actually end up expanding by two teams, that's not a bad idea. You know, the problem is I still haven't figured out what's going on to Birmingham, and I've been taken to task on this a few times because people say like, well, you didn't count you know, there were only four thousand people there for Mother's Day and I was like, yeah, the UFL did not do them any favors. But even if you take that out, this year their home games averaged less than ten thousand. I think it was ninety eight hundred minus the alleged four thousand that were there, looked like more about four hundred if that at that Mother's Day game that the UFL totally holds them on. So that was another you know, and being down there, we've talked about it before. There are people in Birmingham, which you would think would be you know, that's Football city certain and has been the the at Football Capital, that don't know that the stallions are there. So yeah, there's it's it's there's there's a disconnect with marketing or something that's going on in a lot of these cities. And as you mentioned with Saint Louis. Yeah, there's a lot of or it's organic. A lot of it's organic because they like football and they hate Stan Kroncky and that all works, and they've got a great venue to play in.
Speaker 1: Well, it's also have been seven years. I mean it's you know, whenever they now you know, twenty eighteen events, and then whenever they announce the teams. I don't know if that was later in eighteen or nineteen, but like it's just been forever there, real quick on this because well I gotta we'll get off tied at the top of the hour because I got to booge. We did have a couple of Darren Michigan seems to have the secret sauce to approven attendance anyone from Houston, because chop here goes Houston. Birmingham and Memphis are inbaran se. Well, what's the difference. It's because Michigan is quite good this year. I mean, I know that is Birmingham, but they've I feel like they're at least been down and now I mean obviously I say that with the Stallions being six and three as well, but at least it feels like they have given more of a reason to kind of get behind that team.
Speaker 2: I think that's a lot of it. But also it's yeah, you're right, it's like, Birmingham won three straight championships. What more can Skip Holton that team do to get people to turn out for these games? And it's like what And yeah, you're right, you're getting burnt. You're gonna get burnt every time if you're you know, for for the show boats. And I think there are a lot of people who say, like, well, if we really these teams, it's gonna hurt the league. To me, if you don't relocate at least a couple of these, it's gonna hurt the league. And I don't know that there's a win win situation either way, but yeah, but having a good team, no doubt helps. But it just seems like even early on with Memphis, they weren't getting to turnout even when they you know, they had hired Ken wizen Hunt and it looked like this was gonna Of course, that first week he didn't coach and he came back and that was that whole situation. But even when it you know, the slate was clean, it just didn't seem like that that that was connecting to the community no matter how hard they kept trying. And you know we've talked about it before. Andy Seeley and that group down there has done such a good job with you know, the community, with media. It's a great setup. It's a good venue. I know a lot of people might disagree. I thought it was a good setup for spring football, but I just don't know what it is. And I don't know what the secret sauce is that Michigan has unless it's I don't know, having having a good team.
Speaker 1: I will say, and Chop has this that good last year Jake Bates sped them on it. Ut I know they had that. They know they have the Jake bitsbell but which I think is awesome because as far as I know, that's cool. That's the first you know, UFL or XFL, you know, kind of on the modern time. But I will say the league has not had any viral moments this year like that. I mean, even the even the pizza Gate stuff with USFL twenty two, but I mean at least that gott it in that There's just there's been nothing, and not that they again, the game play has been good and everything's in, but there's been no like you have to watch right now that Like again, it's like no respect to Eluis Perez and Jordan Tamu and these guys. Like no one's saying, man, you got it, you got like Louis Perez, man you got it. You gotta why you know you gotta turn. I mean, I know, we love and we spent, but it's just I didn't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I but the but the problem is you're not going to get a lot of maybe even bigger name players like Max Duggan. That's a guy who was a Heisman runner up, But are are people talking about him outside of the UFL. I don't know. That's the game.
Speaker 1: It's also this weird and like you said, my mom is the perfect example.
Speaker 2: It is this.
Speaker 1: It's just just the American football condition where like the second the player graduates from college, if they didn't go to my team, like I don't care about them anymore for the most part, you know, And it's just it's weird. It's weird. But that's that's kind of what it is.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, John's off Twitter. He's off Twitter. Man. I try, I try, I try.
Speaker 2: I have not been on Twitter.
Speaker 1: I think the joke is I think the joke is you have your handle on your name.
Speaker 2: I think that's oh, oh that is yeah, that's just you. That is YouTube and Instagram and blue Sky and uh but yeah, that one's not going to be live for a while probably.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you Blue Skuy is I go on Blue Sky, Blue Sky is dead.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, it got it was kind of like threads. It got hot for a little bit and then just kind of disappeared real quick.
Speaker 1: Here. So stallions, right, we did know we got the stallions here and all that.
Speaker 2: That's cred.
Speaker 1: This was a great game. I watched whole game through. I'm looking here and I know he played well. Jmr Smith does not feel like this does not feel like the same team. And this might be my hatred's words, jmr Smith, but what did you make and how did he play?
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 1: Because they still won. But I to me, this is even better, bigger they wont with jmar it is.
Speaker 2: I was kind of surprised that. To me, this kind of this leads me to think that Skip Holtz thinks that, you know, Alex Magoo might be ready to go, like coming up here. Maybe he'll see a little bit of time. I don't know if I'm skip holds, I'm putting all my I'm putting all my quarterbacks and bubble wrapped. Like I said, I think I think we could we could drive to what I can't where they're playing even this week, but it's like, yeah, we let's let we could go down there and play quarterback because these guys can't get hurt anymore. He's gone through was it seven or eight different quarterbacks so far? Yes, But what jmr was doing was entertaining. I mean that was fun to watch. Like I said, I had it on in the background, and every time I'd let around, I mean it was like, you know, he just I mean three hundred yards passing. That's pretty good, and you know, and then Dandy Atley getting in there and like playing. So I can understand why talking about bubble wrap, you want to keep Bryce Perkins in bubble rap because that guy is uh, yeah, he's he's fantastic. I just wonder if some of the rust, you know, they might need to work him a little bit. I don't know that that'll be interesting to watch in week ten to see if he even takes a snap out there. But you know, Bryce Perkins, if he had not got hurt. I mean, I think he's battling Jordan TOAMU for MVP. I.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's hard this last couple of weeks here, and you know, it's hard to get the CFL Week nineteen and week eight of the UFL. Like it's just really hard. I have my eyes on this one, but I'm like, I don't know how much we're talking about this. He's sweet and it's nearly when Mark Startha Crank came out, I'm like, Okay, thank God, Like I don't I don't need to have detailed notes on the show boats on ESPN three, Like, thank you for that.
Speaker 2: Right, but listen, you got Luis Perez watch, so that's something.
Speaker 1: Anything else. Oh, the last thing here, I wanted to talk through real quick. Houston here against d C. And this game was kind of a weird game because DC is kind of you they don't have a lot to play for with Houston. Yeah, they Tamo didn't play in the second half. And that's when I kind of tuned out because I had it on and I was watching the Mariners and they she asked whoever the sideline was. Yeah, They're like Shannon, like, so, what's the game playing with Tamu, like how much is he going to see this half? And he's like we're not playing and they're like, oh okay, next, Like well that kills them, kills my interest in this. But what did you make of this one? And I want to talk about the shirt giveaway at PM? But what do you think of this?
Speaker 2: Well? We Pat and I were texting a little bit about Mike DeLillo and it was fun watching Jaylen mclinton. You know, I thought that I felt so bad for him on that what he what looked like it might be the final play and still like, you know, God bless c J. It's just it, that's you know, there was just always question like what why are you? What are you talking about? And then why are you having other people have to tell you what to do? It's it's hard, that's hard to watch. I love seeing Jaylen McLendon though. I think I'll be interested to see hopefully he'll I wonder what they'll do in week ten. I'd love to see him, you know, play a little more. But yeah, this was you know, this was this was pretty interesting and I just felt so bad for him though, as he was trying to do make an extra effort and he fumbled the ball and then here, you know, here comes and he didn't need to do it if they would have just taken a knee and then kicked a field goal or spiked and kicked the field goal as they continue, as the announcers continued to say, this game, it's what was basically over and then d C drives. You know, they drive the field and almost took it. But even Jordan Tom who was kind of laughing, like laughing after the game because I mean, they didn't have a lot to play for, and you know, Houston is playing for pride, and I think that's a prideful team.
Speaker 1: Uh. It is just the weirdest thing. Yeah, that CJ is like, hey, guys, like I only got one more time out, Like how's everyone doing here? Like I don't want to have to use that time out unless we have to kick a field Actually, we should really try to score.
Speaker 2: A touchdown here because I want to touchdown.
Speaker 1: Why what what is that messaging to your players? Like you're like, because he's so used to having to kick the field goal, like in his head, I just can't. Okay, let's see the best we can till we get stopped or try to score here. Like he is a weird gre I like him. I like him as a hype guy, just to like him as a coach.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I agree. I agree. He seems like a nice guy and he was out there. You know, he is a hype guy. But it's just it to me that was surprising to me when Houston cleaned house with everyone new, GM comes in and he stayed there and I was you know, we talked about earlier in the season we started watching him. It's like, what if you're sitting across the table and you asked him, CJ, why should you keep your job? Like, what would he say? And I don't know what he could have said. After week three or four, granted they got better, but it still felt like they were winning in spite of him rather than because of you know, some great play calling that was going on on.
Speaker 1: Here's the last thing, and I think I can do this and then we'll get out. There was the note after the game, excuse me, sorry, I drink too much water. They got the bubbles, they they were like giving away all this merch and Jenna had an ass to be like, from what I can gather here, it has xfl on it. It's like old new old merchant. I think that someone that lewis stuff as well. So, uh, there was some concern that they were giving away merch after the game. And that is my understanding. So if anyone else has a different understanding, it's just getting rid of old stuff that they don't want to sell because it says and I think they might be abandoning that trademark like maybe write the article.
Speaker 2: You got seven hundred dollars, we'll pick it up. But I do I did, I think you sent me this, And I do wonder if that was just there that some other you know, we might see that in some of the home venues, you know, this weekend of the non playoff teams.
Speaker 1: That would be my assumption. I would not think that they would just like in here, Okay, here's my rampant speculation before we get out of here. Is something's going on where they can't sell that because it has the XFL mark on it and they have to give it away. Is I guarantee like what it is, and there's some sort of thing with something and they can't sell it and they have to give it away, And that's just because I guarantee you they'd sell it if they could. I mean they discount sure on the stuff.
Speaker 2: Someone someone walked into a where into a storage room and found a box of that and says, oh my god, we can't sell this, so we we'll give it away.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, it's like it's even stuff that goes on with like us or anything.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 1: The simplest answer is usually probably the right answer to Paggy, somebody don't trust a man who wears the crocs in attack mot. I don't know that's the joke. Pat want to be sure, John, I appreciate it. We're heading to the Tacoma in years game here for a wedding network. John, anything else from you, make sure you use John's I didn't talk off the top jails on Royal Retros. I was talking to Dustin even today. He was trying to get some work for the guy that helped me do my jersey. So that would be cool if we worked that out. So you know, it's people helping people. But anything else you got from you, No.
Speaker 2: It's listen, it's been it has been a fun season. I think there are some things that we can look forward to in week ten, but you know, big time is going to be the playoffs. And I think there's going to be change after the season, but we will see. Let's uh, we'll end it on a well in it on a positive note. I think these conference championship games next week are going to be really good.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm all in. I need Michigan to be I need Mike Nolan to beat Skill. I can't deal. I can't have the Stallions. So well, yeah, what would be your idea like defenders Panthers?
Speaker 2: My my ideal? Change?
Speaker 1: You want St.
Speaker 2: Louis, But I mean, I'm I want to see Saint Louis and Birmingham again. I mean, to me, I would like to see that. But uh, but again, as you know, my USFL team was Birmingham, my XFL team was Saint Louis. And when we went to the and saw the game, my wife just said, you seemed completely conflicted, And I was like, I just can't cheer for Birmingham to do badly. But I also, you know, and I can't cheer run I only get beaten up here in Saint Louis. So but to me, I think that would be be the best matchup. It was certainly a great regular season game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you might not make it through the game, so we for your just like head did not explode anyway, John, I appreciate it. We'll see you guys next time and take care.