Speaker 1: Gentlemen, Welcome to Wednesday Service Episode forty three.
Speaker 2: I am your host, Josh Monday.
Speaker 1: If you know me, I'm a Christian rapper, devoted husband, father, andrommy veteran. Thank you guys so much for joining me, and I am back from the cruise.
Speaker 2: I had an excellent time. I had fun we went to. It was a nine day cruise. I was gone for ten days.
Speaker 1: That's why I couldn't get those episodes out because I went a day before to a hotel. I was going to try to get one more Sunday Service episode for you guys, but I couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: So I just uploaded three.
Speaker 1: Different roundtables, which I hope you guys enjoyed. So I didn't see those as many comments on the last show.
Speaker 2: That I did on Sunday Service.
Speaker 1: I see there was three and Whiskers White was asking when am I bringing the scripture back? You know? And it's back now, it's going to be back today, okay, So thank you guys for your patience. I really appreciate you and those that commented while I was gone. N RM Benz, thank you so much. It said I enjoyed that, and the enthusiasm was pop valuable and yeah, yeah, thank.
Speaker 2: You so much, all glory to God. Whisker's White.
Speaker 1: Did I miss something we were going back to reading the word or will we just be doing roundtables the roundtable thing. Nope, the roundtable thing is only to kind of cover me while I was gone and on my vacation. So thank you MDMP twenty two for explaining to Whiskers White that I was on a cruise.
Speaker 2: Really, thank you. I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: And let me see what else we got here. Anybody else Whiskers White? Okay, cool, thank you, wonderful episode. Angela Kelly, thank you really appreciate you. And let's see if anybody else on Gog and Magog only MDMP twenty two. Cool. Well, I hope you guys enjoyed the shows. So when I was on my cruise, I went from We stopped first in Cabo San Lucas, and then we stopped in the Pause. Then we stopped in Masalon, and then we stopped in Portavartas, so we went to four different places. My kids had a blast, they had fun. Me and my wife had some really good downtime to be able to kind of relax as far as work goes. I've been for the longest I've been you know, for the last year, basically been working the whole time. I didn't really take any vacations because I've been doing the Sunday Service Wednesday Service show. Plus I've been very shorthanded at work, so I've been covering down. So this is kind of my first vacation I've had in a while, so I really appreciate it having that time, and all glory to God, I really appreciate the you know, the relaxing time so and no podcasts, no work, and no phone basically for nine days.
Speaker 2: It really was great.
Speaker 1: I suggest people definitely do that when they go on vacation. Stay off the Instagram, stay off everything. I even had people hitting me up asking me, I haven't seen you posts in a while, are you okay?
Speaker 2: Have people texting?
Speaker 1: And yeah, I was just trying to low lay low that makes sense. So yeah, I really appreciate all of you guys for hopefully tuning into the roundtables that I did put out. I didn't get as many comments. I don't know if a lot of you guys tuned in, but it's okay.
Speaker 2: I just I'm back now and I'm happy to be back. I just want to make sure I pull up my.
Speaker 1: Notes for First Corinthians chapter eleven. First we're going to talk about that, and I was reading it while I was on the cruise.
Speaker 2: That's one thing I didn't like.
Speaker 1: I didn't really study a lot on the cruise, but I did kind of. I was just looking a little bit through you know what I'm gonna be going over for you guys, and it gets really interesting some of the stuff that I'll be talking about.
Speaker 2: So let me just pull this.
Speaker 1: Up, First Corinthians eleven for those notes.
Speaker 2: I got those notes.
Speaker 1: I got notes all over, so many notes I can't even count, So all right, so let's go ahead and share the screen. And yep, it's been a while, guys, so I'm a little rusty. It was only a week off. But let's go ahead and go to chapter eleven. Perfect, So we'll be in First Corinthians.
Speaker 2: Perfect.
Speaker 1: First Corinthians chapter eleven, verse one. But first, you guys would have told me, hey, don't forget the intro, So I don't want to forget that. So let's go ahead and go over the intro for First Corinthians. Chapter eleven reminds us of the importance First Corinthians, Chapter eleven reminds us of the importance of respect and probably proper.
Speaker 2: Propriety within our Christian community.
Speaker 1: Paul's discussion on headship and worship practice calls us to be mindful of our conduct and the traditions we uphold.
Speaker 2: His review concerning the.
Speaker 1: Lord's Supper serves as a sober reminder of the sacredness of the tradition, urging us to approach it with reverence and self examination.
Speaker 2: Above all, this chapter calls us to.
Speaker 1: Unity and mutual respect to our observance of Christian practices. Okay, so let me just go ahead and start One Corinthians, Chapter eleven, Verse one, Worship and the Lord's Supper is what it's the title is? He says, imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ. Okay, and it says head coverings is the title. Now, I praise you, brethren, that you remember me in all things and keep the traditions just as I delivered them to you.
Speaker 2: But I want you to know that.
Speaker 1: The head of every man is Christ, the head of every woman is Man, and the head of Christ is God. Every man praying a prophesy and having his head covered dishonors his head.
Speaker 2: But every woman who.
Speaker 1: Prays or prophetess with her head uncovered dishonors her head. As for that, I'm sorry for that is one of the same as she has her head. For that is one and the same as if her head were shaved. For if a woman is not covered, let her also be shorn. But if it is shameful for a woman to be shorn or shaved, let her be covered. For a man, indeed ought to cover his head, since he is in the image and glory of God, ought to not cover his centency is the image and glory of God. But women is the glory of man. For man is not from woman, but woman from man. Nor was man created for woman, but woman for man. For this reason, the woman ought to have a symbol of authority on her head because of the angels. Nevertheless, neither is man independent of woman, nor woman independent of man and the Lord. For as a woman came from man, just as men also came through woman. But all things are from God.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's chapter. That's a verse one, all the way through twelve.
Speaker 1: We'll go ahead and go all the way to sixteen, and then I have some stuff to go over for you. Guys, judge among yourselves. Is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? Does not even the nature itself that you If a man has long hair, is it the dishonor to him? But if a woman has long hair, it is glory to her, for her hair is given to her for a covering.
Speaker 2: But if anyone seems.
Speaker 1: To be contentious, we have to We have no such custom, nor do the churches of God. Okay, let's go over some things here. What is Paul talking about here? So just want to let you know first of all about the head coverings.
Speaker 2: Okay, All respectable.
Speaker 1: Women in that day wore head coverings in Paul's day, Okay, and the time that they live. Obviously, this is written to us. This is written for us, but not to us. He's writing a letter to the Corinthians. So we need to understand that Paul is writing a letter to the Corinthians. So at their time, what was going on? Well, all respectable women wore head coverings in Paul's day. Verse ten is the key to this passage, which says, for this reason, the woman ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, right authority so all women with authority had the head covering. All respectable women wore the head covering, okay, and it says because of the angels, which is very interesting. So now one thing we need to understand is prostitutes didn't wear head coverings. Okay, So the prostitutes didn't wear head coverings. That's how you can tell the women, the respectable women from the non respectable women in Corinthians, right, the town of corinth I'm sorry, because remember that there was a lot of prostitution, sexual immorality, gays, you know, gay prostitutes, you know, men and women, prostitutes walking around, and they did had no cover on their head, so people knew that they were prostitutes. Now, the very interesting part is it says because of the angels. It says for this reason, the woman ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels. There's a few different ways some people interpret that. Some people I've heard say, since it's the prostitutes that didn't wear the head coverings. Is Paul talking about what happened in Genesis six?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: Because the angels of the Genesis six sinned? Remember in Genesis sixty four is that what.
Speaker 2: He's talking about.
Speaker 1: I don't know. There's a few different ways that people interpret that.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Some people are saying that they have a symbol of authority on her head, just like the angels.
Speaker 2: Right, that's one way some people think of it.
Speaker 1: Okay, But that part is very interesting. And then.
Speaker 2: Let me check my.
Speaker 1: Other notes real quick about verse three. In verse three, Paul emphasizes the principle of headship, stating that but I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is Man, and the head of Christ is God. This establishes a divine order that reflects both authority and responsibility.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So, and then also on my notes, it talks about the discussion of head coverings, cultural practices, and worship. First Corinthians four through sixteen highlights the importance of cultural expression and worship. Paul advises that women should cover their heads as a sign of authority and respect, while men should not, reflecting the customs of the time. That's what I was talking about earlier, right, And then cultural practices and worship in the Bible are deeply intertwined, reflecting the diverse ways in which the people of God expressed their devotion and obedience to him. These practices were often shaped by the historical and social context of the biblical narrative, yet they consistently pointed towards the centrality of worship in the life of the believer.
Speaker 2: Okay, I just want to let you guys know that.
Speaker 1: And then so in the context of marriage, is what Paul's talking about when he says that every when it says that every man is okay, that the head of