Speaker 1: How many of you were doing one last one, last trip a little something something for the for the kiddies, are you know, back in the perma school? Although depending I guess if what percent ross do you know what percentage of students in Wake County do the year round thing like you do? Is it a lot or is that a very small minority? Oh? Really so it's a lot. I for some reason I used to think it was a very small percentage, and then I realized, like half the people I know as kids are on the the year round thing. But for those on the traditional schedule, obviously race Stagic has blessed you with, you know, maybe some beach weather, so take advantage of that. Otherwise we'll keep trucking on because you know, that's what we do around these parts. Coming up on the show the Worst or Best team Building Exercise for the Office, how many of you have had to suffer through one of those? Yes, I said suffer through how many of you have had to suffer through some sort of team building exercise? Right, it's so prevalent, and I don't know, there's some people who like them. Those people concern me that being said, you know, it's just it's part of the It's part of the process, right, and it's so much fun, especially if you're an introvert and you just want to do your damn job. That being said, this one in Colorado, it has me asking some questions like, how does that happen? How did you think this was going to turn out? Do you have locking security on the office? Is you know where you work there? Because I have a I have a few questions. We'll have to get into those. Also, CNN has a new hit piece, a new hit piece on Trump asking questions. Maybe I don't know they're attributed to him asking questions, asking questions that have offended the Washington elite. I will share with you those questions. We will talk about the viability of these questions. I think it's a wonderful discussion point. And I may go so far as to ask the question again, does that make me dumb and not a you know, not somebody who should be president? I don't know, man, I don't think so. I gotta tell.
Speaker 2: You if if you guys elected me president, not that I would run, but if I got elected president, I would have a stupid amount of questions.
Speaker 1: About a lot of stuff public and private. I mean I'm not saying cause they let you pick which book to you know what you want to be sworn in on? Right, you can do. You can do the Bible? What did Trump you he'd use like Abe Lincoln's Bible, didn't he like Obama did? And then others they've gotten sworn in on the Quran, they've gotten sworn in on. You've had some like rabid atheists who got sworn in on like smart ass books. Has anyone ever gotten sworn in on the Book of Secrets? Do we know? Ross? Do you know is anyone gotten sworn in on the Book of Secrets? Because That's what I'm going with if I had to choose, I understand that you know there's a biblical thing and something you're going to be mad, but I want that thing immediately available to me. I want to be standing there with the Chief Justice having just put his right hand down and starting to turn away, and I'm going to snatch that book and you all are going to sit there while I read it, because you never know when you're gonna get assassinated. Do you want to go ahead and suck up that? Goodness? Man? So let me ask you this question. What's the worst team building activity as we get started. You've ever had to do at your work or another place of work? What's the word? I'm trying to think of the weirdest one we've ever done here at the radio station. Radio is a little different because a lot of our team building activities center around promotions that we're doing already, right, So we may have like a private listener concert from one of the music stations in the performance studio. We may have an event that we piggyback on. I'm trying to think if we've ever done Have we ever done one of those pure corporate things in Raleigh that I can think of? Ross, Because you and I have worked basically the same number of years for iHeart here well over a decade, I don't remember anything other than, hey, we have this event or you know, things that are literal events for the radio station. I guess though, I guess remember the thing we did in Durham where we all where everyone from North Carolina went over. Who was the artist we saw too? She ended up getting somewhat famous. So they did like a little private concert for us, and then they took all of the iHeartRadio hosts and we all met in Durham for something and you know, went over stuff and all the managers from North Carolina were there. It was in I want to say, was it at Lincoln Theater or not Lincoln Theater, uh, the Carolina Theater. I think it might have been at Carolina Theater and some artists. Who's a pop artist who's actually pretty famous. I can't remember her name was, but it was when she was just she was all skinny too, and now she's she has a definitively different look. I'm not insulting her. I'm just pointing out that I didn't. Somebody had to convince me that was that, and that was pretty low key. Although radio hosts when they hear that you're doing talk radio, they talk to you weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you go to these things and it's all focused towards like music radio. I remember where you're sitting there. We're like, this has nothing to do with us, because.
Speaker 1: You remember the Durham thing, and then we had the concert from the check.
Speaker 3: The only thing like team building exercise I can remember before that was when I was working Angie and we did like our program director was took us to like a cooking thing where we had to like go and cook was Randy. Yeah, yeah, it's pretty good because we got food afterwards.
Speaker 1: That if you evolve food in any radio team building activity and THENDS to it go better.
Speaker 3: And also there was free beer at the time too. So before that, the only thing I can really remember doing is they took us this I was working in Salt Lake. They took us to like a military base and we did like obstacle courses and repelling and that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: You know, I shouldn't say that, we kind of we did that at Seymour Johnson. They invited us down oh years ago, but it wasn't like a full team building thing. It was just you know, the people on the talk station. So we went down there and that's when we had sweet Chrissy. Of course, you know Chrissy. You never you never well you never worked with Chrissy on this state. But she went down there and I thought that the girl was going to die because one of the first things they took us to was where they had the military dogs. And don't I don't know if you know the vibe of military dogs. One they're not your pet. Two they're not even your neighbor service dog, which you question is even a service dog, but is really really sweet. Military dogs are kind of jerks, man, right.
Speaker 3: I know Chrissy when she became an intern over once again on g christ Hall. Yeah, so I knew her, like way back before you knew her. She was like, she weighs like two pounds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she wanted to immediately she saw these you know, these German shepherds and various other we'll just say, military style breeds and she starts, she starts like booking it over to pet them, and the airman's like, yeah, you don't want to do that, and she's like she and you could see in her mind that there being doggies that she couldn't pet was really problematic for her. And then they put her on an M sixty laying down and she she destroyed the interior range. So that was it was a good day. We had fun with that. Let's see, let us go out. Let me play with an M four for a while. Even got to pop some some of those chocloads out of the grenade launcher. It was a good day. You know. If that builds team fine, this story, yeah not so much. Well, uh, we'll get into this. Do you know, you just know this dude's ruminating in the woods making a list. But we'll explain. Let's see, we got CNN acting stupid. You can't Was it Demi Levado? No, it wasn't Demi Levade? What is the chick's name? I you know? Only thing I remember about her and it was actually impressed is she wrote she wrote the song Monster for eminem That's how she got famous, uh, with Rihanna, and I think she wanted to record it, but she she silent the company she wrote that song and then and then her her career took out. She was good, Look, if people, here's the thing. We don't do music radio, but if you're musically talented, I'm impressed. I love music man, all right, So yeah, we got the team building stuff. We'll we'll hear your horror stories if you want. And U and it was if it was? Was it DEI stuff? But I can't tell you how much I want and simultaneously don't want that episode of the Office with the flash cards on the forehead that take place. Does that Does that sound wrong? Right? Because I don't want to go to those things anyway, But if I did have to go, I wanted to be like that episode of the Office with mister mister Black or mister Brown, the guy they brought in and Michael Hijackson to makes them right, like you know, like you're playing heads up poker or whatever that game is, you put the cards on your forehead. Except it was what a great episode of The Office. Ross you guys have seen that. That's like one of the first two.
Speaker 3: I think it's like the season yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. So like he's Boss of the Year world, right, He's got all.
Speaker 1: The awards, a cup in the trophy. Come on, Roz has awards taped to his window. They're not spelled right for some reason. But yeah, I'm self a little ward tapes are right up there, and that's all Michael Scott was trying to do, all right, So that was this was not that Tucker Carlson doing the big troll job and Matt Lower's daughter criminal genius lots to get to six eighteen hang out anyway. So she was the same, and I took comfort in the fact that this is when she was first starting out. And you know, one of the things you got to do early on in your career is you go around and you're not just doing music tours, but you're doing press stuff, and so that means a lot of early mornings. That means going in and sitting in on morning shows after you just did a concert till one in the morning. It's a grind. I can respect that. And the only thing I took comfort in is MS Rexa, who came to do like a three song concert. She came to Durham for a room of maybe fifty radio people and do a little mini concert for us, and she was good. I didn't know who she was, but also I could tell she wanted to be there less than we did, so I like, all right, I get that. Whatever. So anyway, that's the biggest team building event that I can remember, other than kind of the meetings. It's interesting some people are see this one. There's a couple of you who sent me this version of it, and I feel like this goes sideways quick. My company took us for paintball. It was pretty fun. Shooting your coworkers is cool with paintballs. Of course, I don't want to get canceled. That sounds like fun to some people who are not thinking the thing through the amount of politics. I think you could drum up because right inevitably, if you work with ten people, there's a really petty person in there, right, And so you go to do this team building thing, and you know, let's say the one you know, there's one woman or one dude in there who just has ninety percent more paintball shots on their body, They're going to start questioning how everyone feels about them. I mean, let's let's face it, if you had to make a list of your coworkers, there's one you would really like to shoot with a paintball gun. With that more so than others, maybe you want to maybe you want to hit them all and paint Here's the problem. Here's where paintball things go sideways. So when I was in Minnesota, they did we did a they built this huge, huge paintball business right with courses they had like it looked like professional FBI shoots cities right or you got. You know, it was really well done and they and they had done a big promotion with some of our stations, and as part of it, I guess the company probably did some trade. So we did a promotion out there and they had all the radio people come out and they had one of like the number two or number three nationally ranked paintball team was there, right, So I guess if you're into paintball, these guys are some big deals. And they were nice enough. We were talking, but then somebody say, all right, so we'll have the radio people versus the runner up world champions and it didn't go well for us. But where it went even worse is we're using like ghetto paint guns. Right, Like these things they're the ones that if you show over the course with nothing. Now granted they were new because the place was new, but professional paintballers, the speed that those things are coming at you is very different. In fact, it's so different. I remember I got I go, was behind a bus and a dude kind of crawled up from under and got me. Whatever I did kill a guy. I just want to brag on that we got another one of these themed Kamala Harris live streams. This time it's not white dudes or black women. It's chefs, celebrity chefs. Let's see here, Okay, so more than one hundred folks be part of it, sixty notable chefs and food world personalities, including I don't know a bunch. I guess I recognize some of these folks. I think one of them's on chopped that Padma Lakshmi or whatever, I don't know how to say her name. And then Joel McHale's hosting it, so I guess a bunch of leftists chefs are going to do it. Did you see yesterday when they were fawning over Kamala Harris being able to crack an egg with one hand? Is that not how you crack an egg? I just have a question. Is that not a skill that people have to be able to crack an egg with one hand? I'm just asking because I'm not bragging here. It's just literally how I was taught to crack an egg. Hold it in one hand, basically put your thumb and you're pinky up under each end, crack it and then just flip it up anyway. So she's doing that, and I what was amusing is the optics, as many people picked up on, because you're like, hey, this is going to be the first woman president. No, no, this time, we mean it. Watch how good she is in the kitchen, which I don't know. I thought that was funny. But also she's just cracking an egg. It's okay. That's why you're run for the presidency, so you never have to crack an egg again. No white house chefs man, Yeah, I wonder if that's what it is. A bunch of these cats just want to be white house chef. Yeah. I don't recognize most of these names. Gail Simmons, Tom Kleikio, Glicio, I don't know. But anyway, that's the theme thing tonight. All right, back to back to this insanity. We were talking about team building events. I laughed, I did laugh here, but also it made me just a little nervous. So in Colorado, specifically in Chafey County, a group in this case, let's see, I'm trying to figure out what is the Does it say what the company is? It doesn't say what the I'd be very curious what their business is like. Is it an outdoor business where he might have had some skills? Is it a I don't know, a candle maker? I don't know. But a injured Colorado man weathered to storm and survived a night alone on a mountain after his coworkers left him behind during an office team building retreat. The mayor was part of fifteen coworkers who had set off to summit Mount Chevano. This will tell me a lot here, hold on Mount Schevano elevation because summoning, you know, sometimes summoning is just I'm like Jesus. And then it showed me. Yeah, yeah, obviously when I search for Mount Shavano, I want Mount Everesfects. All right, Mount Shavano. Oh you know what, I know exactly where this is. I have driven Okay, so it's it. It's yes, all right. So Chavano is a very long, it's a very high mound. It's fourteen thousand foot peak, but it doesn't have much of an elevation change, and it's a it's actually other than the oxygen part, which can get a little troubling for people once you hit tree line. Yeah, okay, so i'd call it an intermediate thing. You're not using a bunch of ropes and stuff. So anyway, that's what they were going to do. That's a hell of an office thing. That's you know, that's got Colorado written all over it. But for whatever reason, they went up there with all fifteen of the people. They reached the summit at around eleven thirty in the morning and on their way down, folks, he's kind of wandered off, because again it can you can get very disoriented and you don't think it is even though you feel comfortable like minutes later at that elevation. For some people, it just doesn't work. So anyway, so he's dragging behind, he's not feeling well, and they kind of left him on the summit, I know, he say, I'm going to get some pictures. I'll be down in a minute, but they didn't wait, and by the time he started walking down, they had come by and picked up the party. Because again, you can drive quite a ways up this thing, and they just left him, and so he trying to figure out because now he can't see where the pickup point is. He's just he's in a big boulder field. When you when you're up that high, it's just rocks for as far as you can see. It's I understand why it would be a little dishorienting. So he then tried to descend on his own, went off the wrong side, which is very steep, and eventually he basically said, all right, I guess I'm I guess I'm sleeping on the mountain, and he did, Let's see.
Speaker 3: Can you can you imagine, like you know, your your company takes you up there, like you said, you probably don't want to be there anyway, and all day you're sitting there and your managers are like, and what's important is the team and the team we are a team, and we need to wear.
Speaker 1: Us at this mountain together as a team.
Speaker 3: And they're yelling at you the whole time. You're going up as stupid bout it and we're a team. We'll go team woo, synergy and production, yeah yeah, yeah yeah. And then at the end of the day they're like, get on the bus and they're like, where's Bob And they're like, screw.
Speaker 1: The list, go yeah, Bob's nobody likes botot Bob stares at the interns or you know what what, I don't know what their objection.
Speaker 3: So they had to fail the event, right there has to be the ultimate failure.
Speaker 1: Well that's so this is where this is the kind of a roundabout way where we're going here, what is okay? So one would argue, if it's a team building event, abandoning your team member at the top of a mountain.
Speaker 3: Right, leaving a coworker to die in a mountain, try.
Speaker 1: With okay, however, but but what are team building events expected to produce? What is the what is the reason for doing it? Other than to annoy me?
Speaker 3: Corpses on the side of a mountain?
Speaker 1: Okay, what else are they? That's a that's you could call that a side effect. What's the main what's the main reason for doing team building? Efficiency? Right? Operates more efficiently, is more harmonious. And if you got a guy nobody likes and they're willing to ditch on the top of a mountain, maybe that's why your production is not what it should be, right, because you got to deal with Bob because Bob's Bob's an a hole, right right, you're saying it was a purpose they hated Bob. I'm just and I don't know if it's Bob, but we're going with Bob. What if Bob's would you know? How there's people and that you've worked with over the year, not just I'm not just talking to Ross, but everybody. You know, there's people you've worked with over the years that you realize that them being involved in your project will make your project harder to do. Yeah, you remember this in school? Remember in school where they'd have you break up in groups? How there was some kids that you they clearly were not contributed.
Speaker 3: I mean, or it could be the other way. He could be the quiet guy who always gets his job done, that keeps his head down right, and then they're just they forget about him.
Speaker 1: He could be like, he's not making him look bad because he's actually working.
Speaker 3: Possibly maybe he minds his own business and he's like they just forgot this personally. No, I'm just trying to look at it for all sides.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that's fair. Look, it could be any of these things.
Speaker 3: But because the go to thing is though they must have hated the dude, or maybe he just you know, was a quiet dude who mind his own business.
Speaker 1: Maybe he hates his coworkers so much he's like, I'm gonna die on the mountain.
Speaker 3: That'll be better, right, It could have been great something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you want to do you want to hike up a mountain with the everyone we work with?
Speaker 3: I think if I want to hike, I'd rather it be like a like an isolating sort of personal thing, like you don't want you don't want to go up a fourteen thousand foot mountain by yourself, because you know what I'm not saying.
Speaker 1: I will oxygen hits you bad.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying it would, but if I wanted to hike, I would probably want it to be like a you know, solitude type thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, people know he keeps their mouth shut. Just a couple of you just enjoying the splendor of nature, but also be.
Speaker 3: Good to go in a group in case you were attacked by bears or something. That'd be good.
Speaker 1: Well, and then that's the other thing, right, You want to have somebody slower than you at all times. You know that per You know that that one girl who wore not heels but lifts, and you're like, what are you doing? We're growing up, We're going through a boulder field. What do you do? And then in your mind you're like, well, if a bear starts chasing us, I'm good. Right, So you got to have that fail safe. There he was constantly. And here's the other thing too. They had a they I guess they had a GPS. You can coordinate GPS is. I don't know if you guys use them for hunting or whatnot. You're not supposed to use them for hunting though in some states, so check your state. Did you know that you can't like pinpoint other hunters. Like in Minnesota, I don't know, honestly, I can't remember what it is in North Carolina. In Minnesota, it's illegally use a GPS to know where your hunting party is. I always thought that was the dumbest thing. It's like for that, it's it's an unfair electronic advantage. There's a there's a few things you can't do that. What do you think Basically they want to They don't want you having too much technology. I guess to grease all the animals. But that one always threw me off because every year in Minnesota, like in Wyoming, we don't do drive hunts, right, so, like like I had never experienced a drive hunt, and that's you don't know what a drive hunt is. That's where you essentially position some shooters and then you know, like four or five people walk through a block of woods and what you're hoping to do is by and you're doing it not super noisily, but enough so the deer know you're there. You want other you want the deer to pop out the other side of the woods where your shooters are. So uh, I think you can already figure out why this sometimes goes sideways because you get a shooter who doesn't remember, hey, let the deer get out of the woods. If it's on the edge of the woods. Whatever you do, don't shoot into the woods because you'll hit one of your buddies. And every year somebody gets shot with that. So I always thought the GPS might be helpful there. But also, don't hunt with stupid people. No, it is not stop people are sending you know. You can't just make stuff up and send it to me and have it be true. Okay, The most popular team building submiting exercise in North Carolina is not summitying Boom big Beer. Right, go to Mount Mitchell. You can drive up the damn thing.
Speaker 3: I remember. I think we said my like third year here at the cluster here, and they took us to the boom big beer. That's the one team building event I can remember.
Speaker 1: You just I asked you earlier and you didn't remember any of that's your opinion. You were trying to figure out you were going to leave on a mountain. I don't think that's accurate.
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 1: Somebody in engineering? To the per it would be a person in engineering. It's not sales or management.
Speaker 3: Ohh I would want to like take a paintball gun to Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. I think I think you know them. I think I take your I don't want to say oh to him. Yeah, I don't want I don't really want to. I don't feel comfortable say it's not.
Speaker 1: Erica, it is not Andrea. Not Nope, Alison. I wouldn't want to leave Alison somewhere. She'd come, she'd come get you. It would be a revenge movie. I think. All right, well, I'm uh, I guess I'll have to keep my thinking cap on. Uh. Here's the other thing too. If this dude shoots the office, I'm gonna be dark here from him. If this dude shoots the office up, I'm gonna be like, that's a tragedy. But I know why that happened.
Speaker 3: No, what I was saying before, when he could be a quiet guy, like this could be like the dude with the stapler and office space, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, or who's the dude? Remember Dane Cook does that bit about bringing a candy bar for the crazy quiet dude. So if there is an office shooting, he's like, I was your friend, I brought you a candy bar. So't. I don't know what do you think his first day back at work was like, though.
Speaker 3: They probably tried to make it like super special and they bought him a stupid cake or whatever. Yeah, but here's a pizza gift certificate or whatever, and it's a cake from Walmart with like your name, miss Felt, He's gotta quit. You've got to quit at that point, No, you part. I'm saying, after a day of them drilling in your head how important the team is. When it came down to it, they they made a mistake of leaving a member of the team to die in the side of the mountain. That is a failure of epic proportion. Yeah, it really when it comes to management, that is a failure.
Speaker 1: And even if you're one of the employees who had no like like there's there's got to be employees who in their mind thought, okay, he's with a different group or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sure it was like a home Yeah, it had to be like a home alone thing or something.
Speaker 1: Okay. So, but if you're one of those people and you just suffered through this team building thing, right and you're just like, oh, I'm so glad it's over. I hate these things. Because of the epic failure. Of course you're going to have to do another one of these. So now you're right, it's gonna be like we're going cliff diving. We're really going to build it and build a team. Now they're gonna do it in somebody's yard with everyone lojacked right there. You're not screwing around here. You're not going cliff diving in Mexico, right, Okay, that's not that's not happening. You're gonna you're gonna do something. You're gonna go to an amusement park, a very small one where you keep an eye on everybody.
Speaker 3: You're gonna go a bune of jumping. Last one to go is Bob.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, A said, I mean you could say have him go first. I guess I don't know. That's so bad? All right? Eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four you want to go ahead and get into that. But yeah, worst team building exercise hands down right there. Oh, actually no, it's not the worst. The worst one. The worst team building next iys I ever heard of was on the uh it was on that plane. It was on a plane that crashed in New York years ago. I want to say Crashing Queens. You remember that plane where like the tailfin like ripped off or sheared off because they did too steep of a turn. I remember the thing. One of the stories that struck me about that is on the plane they had like forty people from I think it's that plane. They had like forty people who were on this team. They were on a team building a trip to like some ranch somewhere out, you know, some dude ranch that does these things. And I just remember thinking, and this sounds so dark, like how many of the people on that plane didn't want to go on this thing anyway? Right, because there's always going to be part of your office, Like this is such a waste of my time. I didn't sign up for this. And now you're up there, you slogged to the airport, you got on this fly. I remember it was in the morning, you get on this flight. I don't even want to go to New Mexico to this creepy you know ranch, or we're gonna have to sit around a fire and talk about our feelings. This is I just signed up to work. And then you're like what else could go wrong? And then you know the tail rips off your plane. So but this is this is up there. So there's that all right, six fifty one CaCO Day radio program.
Speaker 4: Hang on, okay, good morning, Casey.
Speaker 5: I love the show. Listen to it every weekday, all day, all the time you're on. But uh, anyhow, I was working for a company back in the eighties and they got together this uh white water.
Speaker 1: Rafting trip, oh, dear man, and they kept see it.
Speaker 5: Oh, they kept trying to get me to get me if said, na, thinking I gotta spend all day with you A holes already I'm sure, said don't want to go out to the woods.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, what if the biggest a hole fell in the water, sir?
Speaker 5: You know it was well, hey, a few a few of them did, trust me. But anyhow, it rained like crazy the day before they win. They still kept saying, oh, man, well it's gonna be great. Come on, we got a place for it. Come on, I said. Nah. They got back and there were hot stories I'm sure, like freaking yeah, freaking.
Speaker 1: Deliverance talking about this just for all the different angles. So I was mentioning in Colorado that some company did a team building event where they went and hiked up a mountain because that's what you do in Colorado, which is fine if you want to do that. But one of the people there literally got abandoned on the mountain and then the search and rescue had to come find him, and then ice, freezing rain moved in and so it celled. The cell tower wasn't working, he was bouncing off of and he survived. But I got like the office dynamics have to be totally screwed up now. So somebody sent me an email said, hey, guys, let's see twenty years ago and I lived in Florida. I've lived here fifteen year. Okay, so you lived in North Carolina fifteen Well, thank you for the introductory info, sir. Well here, let me just reader's digestic for you. So this dude's company in Tampa decided that they were going to go swim him with sharks and nobody would get in the cage. And then the boss got in the cage, and after about two minutes he freaked out and they literally had to drag him out of the cage, and then nobody would get in the cage. Who thought that was a good ross. You want to go you want to go shark diving with sharks in a cage for a team building event.
Speaker 3: That is the dumbest idea I've ever heard.
Speaker 1: And I love that the boss is now seen as a coward.
Speaker 3: Right yeah, yeah, he's gonna have your boss shrieking, you know what I mean, just coming out.
Speaker 1: Of the cage, shark like, Oh you want me to you want me to stay late? Huh? Is that true?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 1: What about if I have this shark mask on? Aha? Yeah, so I'm sorry you had to put you know what, sir? That Actually I'm not sorry because that sounds like an amazing experience because now you get to tell some jackass on the radio that, twenty years later.
Speaker 3: Just knocking on the door when he's in his office doing the land shark thing, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, all right, Ross, I've got us a team building event. We're going to take us submersible to see the recor of the Titanic Ian.
Speaker 3: It depends what kind of a console controller are we using?
Speaker 1: Video games?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, okay, you get to drive, so it'll be amazing.
Speaker 3: Well, anybody who knows the Twitch channel knows I'm really good at driving in games.
Speaker 1: So yeah, no, I've seen you pilot a horse. Yeah, it's very very skilled what you do there. All right, so we got that going. Ross needs it because the poor guy has since we're talking about teamwork, this is so appropriate. The poor guy had to dub in Kamala audio this morning, and you know how he feels about that. But man, it is so on point. Let's let's listen to Kamala talk about teamwork in the standard word salad that we're all going to see coming up on the tenth of September.
Speaker 4: You are leaders by the very fact that you all are here in.
Speaker 5: Doing what you do this club.
Speaker 4: Doing as one big team, understanding all the different parts that to.
Speaker 3: Create a team.
Speaker 1: Is there anything of substance in what she says? It's like it's like somebody please ask her, Hey, could you explain very generically how you formulate a team in a school setting? And then she's using it as the motivational speech for these folks.
Speaker 3: You know, teamwork, make the work. If you dream it, you can achieve it, and most importantly, if you ain't first your last.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. Did she say that? I seem to think that was somebody else anyway? How what was the other thing she said, if you ain't rubbing, you ain't racing.
Speaker 3: Right, he was right. That was the part that right was right after that part?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: And then she left them all on the mountain to die.
Speaker 1: I mean, is it any different than what we've seen this administration?
Speaker 2: Do?
Speaker 3: Nope?
Speaker 1: If I just oh, you're not a w NBA player, No, you can stay in the gulag. That'll be fine.
Speaker 3: Listen. The most important thing to remember it's we are a team, right, we are the country. We are a team. Would you say if you're in Afghanistan?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I was just gonna say, weren't they part of a team? Those thirteen service members? I feel like they were part of a team. Dude. Do you know they're on like day three of the Arlington freak out? So if you guys don't know, I basically I was gonna ignore this story because it's just so annoying. So Trump's over at Arlington, right. You probably saw just a little snippet of the ceremony that was going on there. Trump's standing there. There's a moment where he kind of when he walks up next to one of the guards of the Tomb of the Unknown. If you've never been. By the way, have you ever been russ You ever been to Arlington? You go to the Tomb of the unknow not, but I've wanted to. Yeah, it's it's that you go to Arlington. Obviously, there's three things you're gonna see that'll stand out. One the uniformity of it. Right, Visually, it's I don't want to say stunning because of what it is, but it is, right, it's visually very stunning. Now the fourth part for me kind of is the nerd stuff like Roberty Lee's Farm and all that. But then you have the Eternal Flame, which inevitably, at any moment you go buy the JFK Eternal Flame. Within twenty feet there's a group of third children talking about how they're gonna put it out. I don't know why. Like the two times I've been there, there's been some kids within my earshots. They're like, no, you go smother it, and I'm just like, yeah, yeah, that's gonna go well for you. They didn't do it. And then you go over to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and you pick your spot and you sit down and you shut up. Now you may hear noises from people taking pictures and all of that, and they've adjusted to it. My favorite some of my favorite videos online though, are people getting sideways with the beef eaters or the Tomb of the Unknown soldier guards, right, the quietest people, right, you'll never hear from them, just just dedicated to what they're doing. And I don't know why, watching them go from zero to twelve yeah on videos crazy to me. I've never seen it in person. So then you just sit and you just watch it, and you watch the whole SAH ceremonies, right, not the right word, but you watch the whole thing there at the Tomb of the Unknown, and if you're a human who can you know, process thoughts and has some emotions, it's pretty it's a pretty emotional place, man. So when you're doing a bigger event there as was going on, and specifically it's on honoring not just you know, generically service members, but very specifically Medal of Honor recipients, some four hundred Medal of Honor recipients. That's what the ceremony was was about. And Trump shows up and you say, it's just a photo op, and you don't process the scene any further than that. Your garbage from a media standpoint, Here's a couple thoughts. One, who is more appropriate to show up than one of the what five is or how many living presidents are there?
Speaker 3: Five?
Speaker 1: Right? If you're one of the five people walking the face of the earth who has awarded a medal of honor, I feel like you've earned a place there, Like that's an event you can go to. And the bigger question I would ask is why is he the only living president there? This is a it's a big ceremony that they're doing there.
Speaker 3: Well, Biden can't go because he's busy on the beach, right.
Speaker 1: Well, don't it be fair when this was going on, he was busy and senting as California.
Speaker 3: But yeah, they can't go him and as vice president by the way, it's the candidate running right now, Kamala Harris. Yeah, they can't go because it's a reminder of their failure. It's their failure, it absolutely is. But do you think that for a moment they let that bother them. I don't think it bothered. I don't think it bothers them. But I think from a campaign point of view, like they can't do it, which is disgusting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's specifically about Medal of Honor winners, which has Biden. I'm assuming Biden's done Medal of honor. He almost had to have. I'm sure he did, but that's what the event is like. Biden could literally I I don't know if he did a living Medal of Honor rey ship, but I know Trump did, and I do know that some of the other video that people there is Trump sitting there and spending time like rehashing and reminiscing with the family and service members that he gave Medal of honor that he made Medal of Honor recipients during his presidency, and it's clear that he remembers them, he remembers conversations like there's nothing inappropriate about him being there, and nobody's wondering. I mean, Ross is probably right, but nobody's wondering, where where's the where's the current dude, dude a medal of that watching the tomb of the unknown soldier in this This is this is pete Biden, Like, this is event that is tailored for him. All you gotta do is just sit there and not move and not say anything. You could bring your beach chair, dude, you don't have to. Nobody's expecting you to do anything. You don't have to go up and and and create an audio moment for me. You just have to see. You have two jobs. Sit there and don't look at your watch the whole time. In fact, if you get Biden to one of these, they should probably sir, why don't you take your watch off right, just to remove temptation, because you can write it as bold and big on his little cheek cards as you want. Dude, it'll probably still look at his watch, so don't make sure there's no watch there. Then can then if he does look at his wrist and people go, that's weird. It looks like he's looking at his watch, you can lie and say there was a mosquito or something. I don't know, but yeah, they're still still chewing on this insanity, which, yeah, I had forgotten how you got to drag these things out when you're in the heat of the candidacy, right, So now that you're in it, you got to make sure it lasts as many days as as possible. All Right, Coming up on the show here at seven seventeen, we'll get to the Matt Lauer story. We have other states now that are wanting to jump on the Minnesota bandwagon. Oh dear God, if they can, you imagine if they try to do this in North Carolina. Man, the South is a little touch here. I'm talking about reinventing state flags, which some people find very exciting, others find rather insulting. And we haven't really had to talk about it for a while until Minnesota did this thing. I think the last one was what they were trying to get Mississippi to change theirs because stars and bars or something. But yeah, we'll get into the details there and I'm sure it'll be super woke. How long do you think it is ross before one of the states their flag has some sort of rainbow in it? I'm serious? How long do you think it is before one of these states includes a rainbow in some way, shape or form?
Speaker 3: And the serious question does Hawaii already have one?
Speaker 1: You know what Hawaii may because I know.
Speaker 3: Their license plates have the rainbow.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, that's true, But it doesn't count if it's not done and stated to be done for LGBT purposes. Because that's the reason you go ahead and do it right, You do it so you can be like and we're so inclusive and I think what you'll end up with is you'll end up with a flag that kind of looks like the current LGBT flag where it's everything. No, the the Hawaii state flag is crazy, not that. Wow, dude, google the Hawaii state flag and tell me why they're a state. Go ahead, I'll wait. I want you to lay eyes on this thing independent of me, and tell me why they're a state and not listed as traders. I had never seen that.
Speaker 3: Wow, how is this even possible?
Speaker 1: How is what does that look like? In the top corner that is the British flag? Yeah, that is those like the British. So it's red, white and blue stripes. Not the same as what you would see in American flag. No, no, but it's red, white and blue right in the corner where the stars would be. It's a British it is, and it is exactly the flag of the United Kingdom, the red Cross of Saint George, exactly what your is where if you think of an American flag where the stars are, that's what That's what Hawaii has.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: If you want to be British so bad, you want to be British so bad, then go ahead and have at it. It's the only US state flag to feature a foreign country's national flag, that of the UK's Union Jack, which commemorates the British Royal Navy's historic relations with the Kingdom of Hawaii. Okay, well not the kingdom anymore, and the particularly pro British sentiment of the first ruler, King Kamanahamahamaha. Ross. Do you think King Kammahamahamaha was a good king if you know historically the I'm not.
Speaker 3: I would say he's probably one of my top Hawaiian kings.
Speaker 1: King Kamahamahamaha Tom three ha top three. Okay, that's fair. I know they had the one queen that everyone was a big fan of. That's a. That's a. That's the extent that I know. Uh uh Hawaiian royalty. I think they still have the royalty there in Hawaii. Somebody, somebody used to live in Hawaii was telling me that, and they also told me that Native Hawaiians walk around and just openly are super racist to white people, so which I thought, well, that's fun. That's a nice little twist. And now I find out you got the Union Jack on your flag. What are you even doing? I know, it's not gonna look right. But I'm sorry, we're gonna have to We're gonna have to dial this back to forty nine stars. Man, I know what you're saying. Well, strategically, obviously, the US would never do that because military needs and blah blah blah blah. They got a union jack there, they got a union jack there, and you just wait till some of these flags bastardization start. I'm telling you, Illinois wants to be next to go ahead and do this, So we'll get into that. And even CNN, speaking of Kamala, was not a fan of the the whole setup where the Harris campaign finally doing an interview and they got to bring Tim Walls to it. She's got to bring and and uh, it's actually funny. I'll give him credit for it. I think it was Scott jennings on there. He makes a good point. But again it's the optics of it. Like, you know, I made a joke about her cracking an egg, and you got a woman president. You're like, look how good she is in the kitchen. That's that's that's more of me being tongue in cheek. The fact that she can't sit for an interview without a dude, especially when in an era of man'splaining. Right, when man's plaining is thing, I don't know, it's just super weak sauce. It's like that our listener's boss who went in the shark cage because nobody else would and had his man card pulled three minutes later. Right, that's how people perceive that. A lot of people. I don't know, there's a bunch of stupid sheep. Maybe they don't. Anyway, we'll take a break, be right back. Hang on by the new moonbat in charge who has announced a new initiative. Are you ready for this? A new smoking band confirmed by Starmer. That's the PM. So now you can't smoke inside. I'll tell you what, man. It was kind of interesting because it happened to be years and years ago. I took a trip to was my second or third trip to Ireland, and I literally arrived on the same day that they made smoking inside illegal in Ireland. And so I'm doing like pub crawls in everyone is extras early because they never had to deal with that they could smoke inside Irish pubs, man, and so now, and it happened to be during World Cup too, and I remember thinking, what a horrible day to do this. And so now everyone's already you know, drunk and all ginned up over soccer, but now they're also having nicotine fits. So whole thing was weird. But you could still go and just like in North Carolina and just like other player I remember, and you know what, it was funny because my first when I first moved to North Carolina was right when North Carolina bands smoking inside bars. So literally, if you want me to move somewhere and you're an anti smoking group, you should pay me. That being said, you know, people adapted, and so if you go to a if you go to a pub or a restaurant, even those kinds of places, even before COVID, many were creating outdoor spaces so you can go and you could light up. Right, those of you who I'm trying to think, you know, some of the big steakhouses have them, right. What was what was the one in uh oh Rais and Carry. If you go to Raise and Carry, he's got a hole. He built a whole patio out back because the guy loves cigars who runs it. I like cigars, and occasionally when I go there, I end up smoking a cigar with Ray and he had to create a whole patio area there and that works for him. So in the UK, because they got to be doing something, they just said there'll be no more of that. So basically you will not be allowed to smoke inside any building save your private home. It's unclear how will impact. You know, cigar places may have a cigar lounge or hookah shops for that matter. Hookah bars are probably out and they will now, which is already banned. But now you can also smoke outside adjacent to any quote public pavement, so that would be sidewalk any of that. And it's not just where you're standing, it's if the business is adjacent. So if the front of the business fronts a sidewalk or a public road, you can't even have a smoking area if you have a backyard there. And the reason I'm telling you this is not because I think some of you smokers are going to visit the UK and be upset. It's the justification for this is the one they always roll out where the government, we pay for your health care, will do whatever we want and then they can do it without having to go and get Parliament's approval. Because they have things that allow them to act quickly in the public health or public interest, many of which were exploited during COVID. And so in the article they say it's going to save the national health system twenty eight billion dollars, which is a number that will never be realized. It's just a number they're throwing out and and we'll go ahead and do that. So now you have some saying that's literally the end of pubs. I'm I'm trying to think of your go to bar right where you know you may meet up with your buddies on Friday night and have a few drinks, especially if you get into a more rule environment. I can't think of a bar where you know, a quarter of the patrons and I'm talking I don't want to say dive bar, but I'm talking more neighborhood bars. Let me just give you some examples. So, well, I just saw they're closing the Goat. For those of you who have some time in Raleigh or went to NC State, you know that part. They're having to close that thing. But yeah, you couldn't go to the Goat and there's not ten people standing out front smoking. So if those ten people can't go and be able to smoke, and they want to tip back a few beers in the afternoon. Why don't you have a job. They're not going to go there, you know, and then pick You don't pick any bar for that matter, both Triad Triangle, out state North Carolina, anywhere. That's just human nature. So anyway, Yeah, they want to go ahead and do that, and they're probably going to do that. So oh and also, you couldn't smoke in and around stadiums. Is that what you want soccer hooligans who were jones in for a cigarette? Because that's what you're gonna get. But whatever, nobody listens to me. All right, let's uh, let's flip back to this. So in addition to in addition to Trump making a doing a photo op at Arlington by merely attending the ceremony, that he's probably one of five people short of the recipients of the Medal of Honor, that it's most appropriate to be there. Somebody who's literally hung one of those around a service member's neck probably a probably a good get. Also, there is the General McMaster scandal. A new book by General H. R. McMaster is gives a blistering account of the Trump White House the book At War with Ourselves. My tour of duty in the Trump White House, he said, was the most challenging tour as a soldier. I don't know McMaster's service record, and I'm not going to I'm not going to sit here and dig in on that. But and I understand it can be stressful. It's what do you think is more stressed? Ross? What would you rather do? Serve four years for Joe Biden? Right? Well, we'll go there, right in some sort of advisory role where you get to watch you get to watch the dogs eat the al Qaeda dude from the situation room because you're high up enough, or kicking doors in cobble. Which one would you prefer? Clearing houses and cobble or sitting in the situation room watching some terrorists get mauled by service doors?
Speaker 3: Do you think about it? Pick the White House?
Speaker 1: Oh, you're gonna go to the White House, Okay, I mean they had some nice doors and not anymore. We blew them all up. But yeah, yes, I don't know. But i'd also I don't know McMaster's service record. I do know this though, the section where he's talking about outlandish questions the holy crap man. All right. So, in his blistering inside account of his time the Trump White House, McMaster describes meetings in the Oval office as well. He wasn't a fan of him. He said that he would often flatter the president by saying stuff like, your instincts are always right, and no one has ever treated you so badly by the press. You mean, somebody in and the White House kissed the President's ass. I am shocked at that's a thing. But then he goes on to documents some of the quote outlandish things Trump would say, like why don't we just bomb the drugs? Referring to some of the large storage and production facilities in Mexico. All right, I understand why we don't go in there dropping moabs, But what's wrong with that question? What's wrong with that question? Wouldn't that make a difference? And by the way, before you say no, it wouldn't make a difference, I would point out to you that it was the policy of the Colombian government when they finally kicked into high gear against Escobar, where they would go and they'd find these clandestine facilities, and you know what they do, They would either bomb it or they would just go in and murder everybody. And you know what, it seriously impacted the ability to produce cocaine, So arguably that was pretty effective. All right, So maybe that's that's not a fair question. How about this? Why don't we take out the whole North Korean Army during one of their missile parades?
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean, literally, all you'd have to do is target the missiles.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, yeah, you just hit one. It probably would just chain react. Man, I suspect the text.
Speaker 3: And anybody who's played video games knows this.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a good point. Yeah yeah, yeah, so, I mean the learning's been there this whole time. Wait, which video game? If you target one missile blows like every single one of them? Oh that's right, it is all of them. Yeah. Yeah. You don't want to be sitting near an ammunition shed in some of these some of these games?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: Is that forty chess? Or is that a stupid question? I mean I understand the associated you know, the political and all of that, but if you just wiped out their whole army. Now, the reason you don't is because they probably don't have the wobbly nuke there and God only knows what they do with it, but it would be pretty effective because they do like to get them all together for a big old missile parade. Who doesn't love a missile parade? By the way, But to Ross's point, you take a sniper rifle hit one of those missiles, they all explode. But don't ask me, ask Capcom. They're the one who convinced me of this. All right, raced Agic from the Weather Channel. He's here to tell you whether it's a good day for a missile parade.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, but it's gonna be hot.
Speaker 1: Why don't we have missile parades? Man?
Speaker 6: Well, I mean you're.
Speaker 1: Telling me you wouldn't want to see some of the super cool stuff the military keeps there.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: Absolutely.
Speaker 7: I used to love when I was on the New York State Thruway and you would see the caravans and I mean it wasn't like missiles or anything, but you'd see them transporting you know, tanks and even the cover.
Speaker 1: In Wyoming they drive nukes around. Yeah, like literally my childhood, once or twice a year I would see a cover truck with obvious it's obviously got a new kind of and they got a whole caravan and they were driving because you know, we got all those silos in Montana and Wyoming and the main the main base there is Warren, which is down in Cheyenne where basically they control all those silos, and so they'll be like you be on the interstate and you're passing a nuke and it's just okay.
Speaker 6: That's gotta be sis it.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's kind of cool, man, because you're a kid. You're like, oh my gosh, there's a there's a big old ICBM under there. That's amazing, right, Yeah, but the nobody's in Wyoming, so I don't have to worry about getting highjacked. They can see it forever. So anyway, oh yeah, missile parade it's North Carolina would be killing it. Man. We got so you know, we got cool.
Speaker 6: Stuff here, cool stuff.
Speaker 1: I got a topsle. You can see the osprey's. You can see those with the rotors that turn it tree like a helicopter and up and then occasionally they stay in the air too. So they've had some issues. Anyway, what's going on today, sir ah?
Speaker 5: Hot?
Speaker 7: And yeah, got a heat advisory for the most of the tr angle now and east try it no because the differences and temperatures are, you know, between the low nineties and then the up nineties. So upper nineties for the triangle. Probably not a record, but he didn't see's close to one o five. Thus the heat advisory. Uh, try it. Probably low nineties as we were yesterday ninety seven and Raleigh ninety two at to try it. So about a three to five degrees split. Lots of sunshine though, but later today there may be an isolated shower thunder shower trying to pop up. And I say that because NC State tonight one of many games of the one that's a little bit more impactful for us, all Wakes playing too, so there could be a shower.
Speaker 6: I really don't think.
Speaker 1: What do you mean for us? What do you mean for us? You said that Now you're talking about Clemson. You're talking about Clemson.
Speaker 6: Listen. I wasn't even going to bring it.
Speaker 1: Up, you, you absolute homer. How does this impact Clemson standings in the AC? See, that's what you meant.
Speaker 6: That's not really what I mean.
Speaker 1: I mean I have friends. I have friends drinking already for the NC State game.
Speaker 6: Okay, I can imagine.
Speaker 7: Well, our tailgate Saturday starts at eight, So I guess that's not bad.
Speaker 1: And we five, we only have five hours. It's so stupid.
Speaker 6: Hell, I ain't got much. I got a noon kick off.
Speaker 7: I've got to gather thirteen people, most of them college kids, and try to get them down there with us. So that'll be fun anyway, changes coming though Friday, Saturday through the holiday weekend. We'll start to see scattered showers thunderstorms and probably stay in the upper eighties to low nineties until about Labor Day when we go to the mid to upper eighties and a little cool down coming Next week should have some much cooler temperatures, maybe only in the seventies starting about Tuesday and maybe for the rest of the week, So expect some scattered rain over the upcoming weekend. Rain chance is best Sunday, but there'll be plenty of dry hours too, so don't think it's going to be a watch out.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, better not better? Nine? All right, let's get back to your Clemson stuff. And we're talking in our sir.
Speaker 6: Cooking for tailgating already started.
Speaker 1: What are you making? What are you making?
Speaker 7: Well, right now, it's not really for the tailgate. Homemade spaghetti sauce and meatballs. Got that going make steal some of that and then the other stuff we're buying.
Speaker 1: So okay, you do the big bowbox? Do you have that down in Atlanta?
Speaker 6: The bow box? What's that?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 6: But sorry, bo Jangles?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, you got Bojungles down there, don't you?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: We do? Okay, all right, very good, all right, thank you, sir. We'll chat an hour man. But he didn't know what a bowbox was. For a moment. I don't know what we were gonna do, all right, Uh, what was I just gonna say? Oh, look at it? Ross? I just got an email said, hey, do you guys know I used to drive that truck referring to the one with the nuke. Dude, if you're driving that, do you know what that that thing's worth? I don't think I've seen a movie, even from the nineties, where you couldn't sell that thing for at least one mill Sorry?
Speaker 3: Can I'm composing a tweet about the Hayes for share for red barrel Parade? What the Hayes for share of red barrel Parade?
Speaker 1: Dare I ask? Man?
Speaker 3: You really don't know anything about video games? Do you dare I ask in a game, when when you see a red barrel, you shoot that thing and it blows, That's the only reason it's there is to shoot it blow.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it's like the Tanner, right, the Tannerite target. Yeah, but what like, what, how do you do a parade? Because the only way those are cool is if they're blowing. Oh my god, the kids? All right, Well, I would ask that you make it more accurate because I was reviewing some of your tweets this morning. Yeah, and I feel like I feel like there might be some erroneous information.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm a team player.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, we're gonna go on a mountain quest and then we'll take a break and then maybe we'll both be back next Hang on, why don't we bomb the drugs? Apparently, questions asked by Trump. I mean, maybe you don't bomb the drug but taking out a facility in concert with Mexico to be cooperative is not outside the bounds. And the missile prey thing is because you don't know what the little runt's gonna do. But still, what happened to there's no stupid questions. It's not telling people to shoot into a hurricane. You all came up with that on your own. Hell, Florida's got to tell people not to anyway. And then I was just so offended. I was closing the wiki on the Hawaiian flag that I looked up because I wanted to see it, and then we found out it's got literally the Union Jack on it, which, by the way, you're just hedging your bets is all you're doing, which is just cowardice. Throw in or don't right, they're sitting there in case, I don't know, the British get a wild hair and take it back and then they can be like, no, we didn't know, we didn't like the colonial lists anyway. I mean, we're gonna we come in our media and nerd and whatnot. Correspondent Stephen Kent, who joins us this morning. Stephen, how you doing today? Are you okay?
Speaker 4: I'm doing well?
Speaker 6: Case?
Speaker 4: Are you okay?
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not the I'm not a weed freaking out over a pirating site getting shut down yesterday. But the anime kids were, they were not happy yesterday.
Speaker 4: So they're fragile.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's them. Are you into the anime? Do you do the anime?
Speaker 4: I don't do the anime but I do occasionally stumble into an anime that.
Speaker 1: I like, Okay, all right, what's the other thing that's not anime that I accidentally said one time that's for adults.
Speaker 4: See, don't make me say it.
Speaker 1: I can't remember what it is. Could you tell me?
Speaker 4: Are you talking about him? Tai Casey on the radio?
Speaker 1: I can't believe you know that stuff?
Speaker 6: Ross?
Speaker 1: Did you jump that? Did you dump that? All right? You have to jump that? No, but seriously, but seriously, there was There's nothing worse than an entire internet filled with butt herd weeds, which, uh, weeds is just somebody into anime and Japanese stuff. But anyways, so yeah, I couldn't figure out what they were freaking out about yesterday with their weird memes and stuff. And then I researched it and I'm like, oh, they shut down their napster? Is that basically what happened? What's going on with that?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, server failures happen all the time, and the anime community tends to believe that they are under siege from the alt right, so this is sort of one of their all the news where they where they always believe that they are being attacked by their enemies on alternate websites. So I don't know where the anime kids hang out necessarily on the online, but they believe that all their enemies are on Reddit, and if something bad happens in their forums the archives, they usually tend to believe it was the fascists who attack them.
Speaker 1: So but basically, basically, these were file sharing sites for animes, almost impossible to find in the US, just classic one. So some people who had copies put them up there and they were all sharing them and obviously that is copyright stuff. So but yeah, that's what that freak out was. If anybody didn't know what was going on. No, you're busy in the nerd hierarchy playing the new Star Wars game, right.
Speaker 4: I have gotten the crack into it yet, so that one hundred and nine dollars for the three days of early access, so they finally tapped into it yesterday.
Speaker 1: Who pay, I mean, obviously people pay it the video game. I'm glad I'm not more into video games because you guys are getting rocked man.
Speaker 4: You know, it is what it is. Video games are expensive to make these days, with the kind of design that they have. The open world aspect, you actually got to pay some of that back. This isn't the days of Mortal Kombat where you go get a game for twenty five bucks. So I kind of reject that the pricing wars thing. I do think that there's a bit of a problem with game pricing when it comes to season passes, and gamers know all about this, and basically they end up buying an incomplete game that the developers are then updating quarter to quarter, and that I think is a little bit of an issue. But you know, these games are worth this much money for the amount of game time and play that you get out of.
Speaker 1: Them, right, But when they don't go well, you get what's happening in Japan. Did you see the announcement with the PlayStation stuff over there.
Speaker 4: New Bugs?
Speaker 1: No, So they announced it in Japan. They're going to be raising the price of PlayStation five ninety bucks because of the game they put out that flop so badly that Sony Pooh, I'm trying to remember the name of the game. I guess they lost two hundred million on the game, and so they're they're literally just gonna the way they're gonna offset is just charge people more for the for the for the actual system.
Speaker 4: It's a bit of a death spiral, isn't it. You know they put out for the games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, these are death spirals for all these entertainment companies.
Speaker 4: They keep putting out product that people don't want, and they sort of just expect people to take it. You know, it's just like, thank you, sir, may I have another? And then they have to jack up the prices on the consoles, and then the prices go up, and then people don't want to buy that either. You know, these are the video game industry in by by and large, is in trouble. They have not been able to adapt to gamer preferences and keep up with their actual audience. Their audience is aging, their priorities are changing, and they've not been able to figure out a new model that works for people, which is why you've ended up sort of in this space of having tiered gaming prices. We talked about this a couple of months ago in regards to the new Star Wars Outlaws game. But the tiered pricing model has come about because they're trying to figure out how they can get people to pay for these games. But it seems that people still want the days where games were, you know, thirty forty bucks and that was all.
Speaker 1: I don't have to pay, dude, they don't have to be thirty forty bucks, like the you know, Diablo is really the only franchise that I've bought every version of it, and they've done things over the years to make me never want to do it. When they when they released Diablo Diablo three, which took twelve years, by the way, for them to actually get to When at first released, they had an auction house or real money auction house, and everyone knew that it was going to be a disaster, but they were so greedy they couldn't help themselves. And of course it turned into people duping items and selling them for real money and like Chinese hackers getting in there, and the whole thing was a mess. So it's like the hair brain schemes they come up to build more money out of you, when in reality, if you told me I would have a what's the term the use triple A games, I guess for the big.
Speaker 4: Ones, Yeah, Triple A Triple A titles.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So if you if you're going to release something like that like the Oblo for right, which that that whole mess where they wanted to do mobile first, and it was a very amusing blizz con. If you're going to do that, really, even if you if you want me to pay seventy eighty dollars for a very expansive game, I understand that. But you can't keep delivering ones that are incomplete or broken? What was what was the one I'm thinking of that was so Cyberpunk? Right, the new Cyberpunk that came out a few years ago was unplayable when they delivered it. I guess now it's fine, but you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they're they're already running into this. Yeah, yeah, they're already running into this a little bit with the new launch of Star Wars Outlaws, which comes out tomorrow. Ladies and Gentlemen of a Galaxy Far far away, you know, so this sort of open, open world, expansive game where unfortunately you are forced to pick the character that you're going to play throughout the game. This you know, this game comes out tomorrow and it's already kind of running into a bunch of bugs and glitches. It is not unplayable, and it is apparently, you know, considered to be a beautiful game by everybody who's played it. I thought it's lovely, but it is still not feeling like a complete piece of work. It is riddled with glitches. And this is just sort of the way that the game market has become.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, did you did you hear about the day one patch issue? No, So people bought this game. There were two you could buy it for one of.
Speaker 1: You can buy it three days ago, right, three days.
Speaker 3: One nine one thirty. So people paid one hundred and thirty dollars for this game and they played it for two or three days. You've been seeing streamers on Twitch streaming it, right because they had, like you know, no keys and stuff to play it. But then yesterday ubistuff came out with a patch, a day one patch, and they put the patch in and everyone's progress they could not they could not load their safe games after paying one hundred and thirty dollars for the game.
Speaker 1: This is what I'm talking about, Steven mm.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you know, at the end of the day, I just want to travel. I just want to walk around to have to mean, man, that's that's like me and other gamers, particularly Star Wars fans, that's all we want. We just want to walk around moss Isley and show off how well we know the layout.
Speaker 1: Of the city.
Speaker 4: I will tell you.
Speaker 1: I just want to say, like the thing you've said ever, really it's beautiful.
Speaker 4: It's beautiful, Casey, that city that they have built in this game Star Wars Outlaws. It is block for block building, for building accurate to everything that you see in Star Wars episode four and episode one. If you know the landmarks of the city, you can find the moss Iley Cantina. Everybody raw, this is this is very important. You got to look for the tower and the tower and the crash ship that you see in episode four a New Hope for Star Wars. And if you spot that landmark, you can then remember which way Luke and Obi Wan went through the downtown streets of moss Sisley and boom, you'll find the Massizley canteena Casey, it's a magical, magical experience.
Speaker 6: I would pay two hundred.
Speaker 4: Dollars for that. Uh, and they did it, so you know. Star Wars out laggeriod.
Speaker 1: Are you hearing yourself right now? I mean, do you hear what's coming out of your mouth? Ah? Are you calling me a weeb? No? Oh no, I was trying to get my audio dropped to work. Ross, do we have the button mark and have the button bar? Please? Thank you, thank you, I got that just for you.
Speaker 4: Steep cuts, steep cuts, well, no, and.
Speaker 1: I got we got those ones. And we have the long runs. Yeah, so we have.
Speaker 6: You're bullying.
Speaker 1: You're bullying, man, No, no, no, no, no, you know why because nerd is is not nerd in the nineties is different than nerd now, right it's.
Speaker 4: Mountain nerds run run the world.
Speaker 1: Man, Yeah, that and finance guys. So, speaking of the nineties nostalgia, Ross was telling me, you're all excited for Lincoln Park reunion. You know that's not possible, right.
Speaker 4: Well, it is possible, So Lincoln Park is probably next next to start next to well, they could actually do that. They floated the idea of actually going the hologram route a couple of years ago. But right now Lincoln Park is teasing. Well, we think it's going to be a reunion. So they've got a countdown timer that goes all the way to December on their website and their social media. They have been re releasing some of their top albums Mediora Hybrid Theory, and they have been sort of slowly putting themselves back onto the top of the rock charts, and so now we've got a December one countdown going on. We don't know what it's going to be, but if you're a big Lincoln Park fan, you might remember the deep cut of My December from the early Hybrid Theory demos that did not make it onto the actual album itself. There's a big chance they could actually get back together and hit the road with some kind of new singer or new singer, or no new singer at all. After all, we lost Chester Bennington, the singer of Lincoln Park, about eight years ago, and they have been slowly building up towards getting back out on the road.
Speaker 1: I will say this, it was one of the better concerts I've seen. I went back back when they first and I was working the concert, so I got to literally stand backstage and watch that thing go down. And yeah, So Bennington died in what twenty seventeen, so it's been a while, and then they've had other lead singers. Didn't he leave and go do another band for a while too. I can't even remember what the whole thing.
Speaker 4: So he never left, but he had some side projects he had a band called Dead by Sunrise with the guys from a band called Julian Kay. It was kind of electro pop depeche Mode type music. And then he also went over and became the singer of Stone Temple Pilots, right and so yeah, so he was doubling with Stone Temple Pilot. But what a lot of people who love Lincoln Park don't know is that Mike Schanoda, the rapper of that band who does all the rap parts, he is the principal writer and songwriter behind that band. Chester Bennington, you know, he was great. He made the band iconic, but he was just the face of the band. And so the question for them, like with Alison Chains and they lost Lane Staley, is can they continue with the brain of the band now being the front You know Cantrell the guitarist for Alison Chains, he was the guy who wrote everything, but Lane's Lane Staley was the face of the band. And I think Lincoln Park can actually pull that off. But the big question mark that we have is that they have been teasing that they want to replace Chester Bennington with a female vocalist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, which I'm not opposed to if it sounds good, but I don't know that. I don't know their song. They are big hits that people can remember through a female voot who feels weird to me. So I think it would rest on new music.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I think you might be right. But I will make one one case in defense at that. First of all, when a band, you know, in this era where everyone's always like, oh, we need to you know, recruit a woman of color or you know, replace this person with a woman, it sounds like you're talking about like DEI approach to music, right, We want you just to we want you to pick the vocalist that is great, and it brings credit to Chester Bennington and Lincoln Park. But I actually do think that Chester Bennington the range would be most served by a female vocalist who can also scream and do the gravelly parts of Lincoln Park.
Speaker 5: Of course.
Speaker 4: That would be a little bit of a mess, but uh, you know, like, listen to a band. There's a heavy metal band called spirit Box. Just beautiful angelic vocals, kind of like Evanescence, but also that girl can just shred amazing scream o vocals, and that's the kind of thing that they need to bring to Lincoln Park, I think as well, you know, or they could go the route Casey, of actually having fill ins where they go on a tour and they bring in famous, famous stars, yeah, to step in and sing those parts. I think that'd be really cool.
Speaker 1: What do your kids think of Lincoln Park? Are you trying to get them on it? Or one?
Speaker 4: So my daughter, will, you know, nose every Lincoln Park song off the top of her head, because that's subjector to it. She's thirteen, but she told me yesterday she thought Lincoln Park was an eighties band and that is unfortunate and hurt my feeling is a great deal.
Speaker 1: How long is she ground it?
Speaker 4: Well, I can't ground her if I'm dead from depression, Casey.
Speaker 1: So now put it into perpetuity. You know they really heard me? Yeah, I'm sorry, go ahead. I just said to tell you. We got about a minute, but I want to hear the now.
Speaker 4: I was playing numb and macar the other day and my daughter thirteen and her little friend where we're like, oh, yeah, numb Man, isn't this like in the eighties?
Speaker 1: Just cuts like a knife? Man, just cuts like a knife. And I'm sure it wasn't intentional, right, absolutely.
Speaker 4: It was not intentional. They just don't know.
Speaker 1: You know, we are of the era of kind of like they felt in the sixties, man, where it's just like, I'm thinking about the number of bands that I enjoyed where the dude's dead now, Lincoln Parks, Sublime. I was a huge Sublime fan. I actually get to see Sublime, although I didn't get see a whole concert because the dude was so messed up. They stopped about two thirds of the way, which obviously we saw how that played out. But all right, well, I'm sorry you got your feelings hurt for your now ground at thirteen year old, but sheilan grounding her for a year will help her in the long run. So we gave, we give permission, and we'll talk to you next week, sir see akac All right, there you go. Eighties banned. That's great, all right, eight twenty twenty three, Cacoda Radio program, Hang on, name of it? I had, I had not heard of this. The name of the game is the name of the game is a dustboard.
Speaker 3: I'm sure called. People are calling it dust beIN though it is. They're saying the most woke game ever made. And what makes it worse was. It's a it's a project that was like produced by government funding, the USA and me, the United States and the EU. Yeah, like the US gave like two hundred and fifty thousand dollars to it to help develop this game. So taxpayer money, I'm not sure the money. You go around and you destroy racism and fascism, Okay.
Speaker 1: Do you do that through healthy conversation?
Speaker 3: It do?
Speaker 1: It is bad like you going to it by burning shopping district.
Speaker 3: You've got to research some of it because it is some of the craziest videos you've ever seen.
Speaker 1: Like it's just I think it's these screen caps that ross scent and it's like, so some of your powers maybe I'm interpreting this correctly, So some of your hours are things like canceling.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, it's like a skill tree in any other game where you can learn to unlock different powers.
Speaker 1: You can cancel. So it says, all right, you've learned how to cancel. Cancel will allow us to isolate people from our friends and compatriots in battle. This could be a useful tool. You can learn how to bully, you can learn how to normalize too.
Speaker 3: Get read the caption for normalized. It's crazy all right.
Speaker 1: Normalize gives us the ability to make people think certain behaviors or feelings are normal, but I'm not sure it'll do much for us in a fight. That's a hell of an admission, right.
Speaker 3: The whole game is they're saying everything out loud.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, and so we the taxpayers, paid for this, and then you still have to pay for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why I won't stream it. I'm not going to pay for it. I'm totally in the boycott bandwagon. I don't want to give them any money.
Speaker 1: What if I got you a copy, would you stream it?
Speaker 3: Probably would? Same with Star Wars. I don't want to download Star Wars Outlaws either for the same because it's because it's I mean, I know Stephen has his opinion, I have mine. There's a lot. It's just the whole thing is just woke as can be and it's gross. You remember, the character is just like they can't it's ol be softime as this thing now where like they don't want to make a a an attractive female protagonist. It's impossible. They can't do it right right, Yeah, Like every female protagonist now looks like a dude. When you see the voice actress and the motion caption actors for this game, for the protagonists in Star Wars Outlaws. She's a beautiful, gorgeous woman, and they and they made her look like Rocky Dennis.
Speaker 1: Oh, Like, this isn't the one who got turned into a monster.
Speaker 3: It's like the chin as big as the galaxy. It's just for some reason, they can't they can't do it. They can't make an attractive female.
Speaker 1: So instead of looking for the tower to find the Cantena, you look for her chin. I'm trying to remember Steven giving us directions like I'll ever use them, Okay, all right, Yeah, I don't even know if I I just because I remember that one time, Remember that one time you really wanted that steamy Antifa romance novel and you wouldn't shut up about it, So I bought it for you, and then we did a whole show where you just read it out loud.
Speaker 3: On the air.
Speaker 1: What was the name of that, my Antifa lover?
Speaker 3: Ah, it's a long time ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, that was good time though. So, oh that was a good day.
Speaker 3: I don't think I could get through this game because I've been watching videos of it and stuff, and it's just dude, it's so insufferable. It's bad because there's enough woke garbage in video games, but they kind of like try to keep it, like, Hey, this isn't what we're doing, but it's what we're doing. And this is just right in your face.
Speaker 1: What is on her shirt? I thought it was Chae Gavera for a moment, and then I'm like, no, it looks like I don't know, I don't know what the hell's going on there. Yeah, this thing looks super woke. Yeah you can. So your powers are bullying, normalizing, and canceling. H And they spent how much money two hundred and fifty thousand in the US government put in taxpayer money and that's not even counting with the EU put in there. I don't know. Man tweeted out so people can see. Speaking of Twitter, let's talk about Twitter for a moment. I happen to be reviewing the old Twitter, and I earlier I was telling Ross, Hey, we got these two parties coming up on let's see week and a half, So the tenth and the twelfth, right, So I'm gonna do so not next week, but the week after. I'm gonna do the first half of the week at the Greensboro still Actually I'm gonna be in Greensborough most of the week, but and we're gonna be doing a listener event. Now, the two events are slightly different, and I this is how sales and promotions did it. I we don't ros and I really don't control once you get into the planning part of this. But they are gonna have be two different experiences because the the Tryad party is free, but you do have to register, and I asked Ross to tweet out a link to that, and so if you go to our Twitter account at Casey on the Radio, you'll find that there and you can register for that because there is we do have a cap as to how many people can come. There will be a little bourbon tasting thing, you got to be twenty one, all that kind of stuff. So that's that's the Triad party. That is on a Tuesday, but it's early and then we got the debate that night, so you know, we'll get a little pregame for that. You're gonna want some bourbon probably or if you even if you don't drink, show up, just meet and greet thing. It's at the chop House on the Airport Highway there, all right, So that's Party one, and then on Thursday is the Triangle Party, and of course they came up with a name for it, Stewart's Glass Bourbon. That's gonna have a more, a much bigger bourbon component. So because of that, there is a ticket cost to that, but it's at a cool venue. It's going to be a lot of different bourbons, a whole bunch of stuff going on, so that too, you're gonna have to register. And again the Triangle one does have a cost associated with it, but it's a much more extensive bourbon thing. So but it's also a chance just to get together and talk about the debate that was had been on Tuesday and which I'm sure we'll still be fresh in people's minds. However, what the two do have in common is neither of them are in any way, shape or form a celebration of my birthday. Why did you write that on there? People are going to come to this thing and wish me happy birthday, and it's not it's not even close to my birthday.
Speaker 3: Looking forward to celebrating your birthday. We've been looking forward to this for a long time.
Speaker 1: When you write that people believe that, and then they say it, and then I have to have fifty awkward conversations about it not being my perth wor day and a cake not having a cake. We're having bourbon.
Speaker 3: We've booked a magician.
Speaker 1: Which is fine if it was my birthday and a clown and a clown. We don't have a clown? Is it Doink? If it's Doink, I'm excited.
Speaker 3: Who told him it was Donk?
Speaker 1: You did yesterday? I think, or you brought it?
Speaker 3: Definitely not Doink?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right? Who what was the Who was the clown on MTV? Remember that dude back in the day?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: That guy beals a bozo?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, what was the guy? He could never operate in the current environment. He was so he was so over the top. It's hilarious going back and looking at that stuff. And his whole stick was hold on, his whole stick was just how disgusting and degenerate. Yucko. Remember Yuko the clown, That's what it was. Yucko.
Speaker 3: Just to clarify too, you don't have to bring gifts. Well, let's not get crazy. Remember that time you got snake chuck? Right, you should probably bring gifts, so.
Speaker 1: But not for Ross because he's not gonna be there, so Ross doesn't need any gifts, and I'm not hauling gifts for Ross. I got. I had to do that at the friend Happy Birthday, very and masculine. It's not my day either, but we do have links to both events. You want to get registered, I expect you to be there, even if you just pop in for a little while and meet some of the other listeners. That'll be okay, all right, eight forty three k O Day Radio program. All right, handled that business. Let's handle I got to play this piece of audio for your you know what. We'll get into the CNN stuff here in just a moment. Let's do is is Ray ready, Let's do a race agent. We'll do the audio at the end. I gotta, I gotta show this CNN stuff. How you doing, sir?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 1: Good good?
Speaker 6: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm pretty good? Just uh, just trying to correct some some inaccurate information that was on the social media. Whenever. Now that what's going.
Speaker 7: On never happened, you should try being in my feel of work. You should talk about inaccurate information.
Speaker 1: Dude. I would intentionally you tell you if I had access to the weather Channel account. I would I would tweet out things like Omaha, Nebraska, fire NATO's from ten to three today because I want look, then everyone's talking about the weather, sure, right, because they're like, oh my god, fire NATO's that sounds horrible. Yeah, and if it doesn't happen, then they're relieved if fire Nato didn't eat their house. So win, win, win, and you get the clicks, so people be sharing the hell out there.
Speaker 6: You're welcome, break that down, fire Nato.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, got it all right.
Speaker 7: So everybody probably now or by now, after we've had this week, is probably looking for a break and it's coming. Won't be today though, Heat advisory triangle it looks like east.
Speaker 6: They're mostly east.
Speaker 7: Try it no temperatures between probably ninety four ninety eight, with the hottest in and around Raleigh heat in X two one oh five. That's why they got the heat advisory there. And then we'll start seeing isolated showers, thundershowers try to pop late afternoon or evening. I really don't think there's going to be much rain, if any at all, but it's there. You'll see the clouds a build and be like, I wonder if it's going to rain, probably not, but small chance. Tomorrow afternoon a little better chance of scattered storms that'll keep us near ninety, and the same for the holiday weekend. Scattered showers, thunder showers, most of them are going to be during the afternoon, so typical summertime weather. We'll still stay in the upper eighties, low nineties until Labor Day, when we'll be in the mid upper eighties and into next week. Looks like some drier air after Monday, starting to commit or trying to get in near with hies, maybe only in the seventies, and the lows in some spots could be down into the fifties a low sixties. So it looks like some real pleasant air starting to move back in here, and maybe a longer term trend, at least for a few days.
Speaker 6: We'll jump into the tropics.
Speaker 7: The wave that had a twenty percent chance of developing churning in the Central Atlantic now has a chance of developing in the next seven days, So casey, when we're back here next Tuesday, we'll probably chat.
Speaker 6: More about that if it does develop into something.
Speaker 1: I like where you're going with this, though, appreciate that, all right, that's some good tomorrow. Why wouldn't I be here tomorrow.
Speaker 6: It's a holiday weekend.
Speaker 1: It's not a four day weekend.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's just so weird. Like I got and then like management asked me the other day, if we're going to be here Monday?
Speaker 3: Wait, so we have tomorrow off?
Speaker 1: Now? See this is see what you just started. Now I got to deal with it.
Speaker 6: I thought you'd be asking me, are you going to be here tomorrow? But I will be here.
Speaker 3: No, We're gonna be It's a good point. Why don't we have tomorrow off?
Speaker 1: It's not don't know this? Guys got the tweet about my party, right busy.
Speaker 3: I've been busy working on your birthday and I wasn't aware we had tomorrow birthday.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 7: That is all right, ken boone is only one text away and I could call him up.
Speaker 6: It'll be more than willing to come in tomorrow.
Speaker 1: So are we here? At least he likes talking to us, That's right. I'm not saying all your guys do.
Speaker 3: So yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, all right, we got a roll. Thank you. Jeff Bellinger coming up next.
Speaker 8: Hang on, O, good morning, Casey. You look at how the economy performed in the spring, just released this morning, and this suggests the economy was doing a bit better than previously estimated. The government says the gross domestic product expanded at a three percent annual rate in the second quarter. The prior estimate was two point eight percent. We'll get one more look at these numbers about a month from now. Another report from Washington says new claims for unemployment benefits fell back by two thousand to two hundred and thirty one thousand last week. And we've got to talk about Nvidia and Video released its much anticipated quarterly results after the markets closed yesterday. If almost any other company reported a similar performance, investors would have likely penic static. The chip maker sales and earnings more than doubled, but the expectations for Nvidia were so high that investors we're disappointed. The company said there are some issues holding up the release of its next generation chip, called Blackwell and Video shares fell, and after hours trading they are a bit lower this morning, but the futures overall look good. The S and P futures are up nineteen points, Nasdaq futures or up sixty four. The Dow futures are up two hundred and eighty seven. Points, A Big Lots is reportedly considering filing for bankruptcy. Sales for the discount chain have been trending lower for years now. Sources say a Chapter eleven filing is just one possibility. A Big Lots said to be looking for investors so it can avoid bankruptcy. Electric vehicle sales still a tough sell here in the US. JD Power cut its EV sales forecast, now estimating battery powered cars will account for just nine percent of total sales this year. In case, Human Mobile Devices is teamed up with Mattel on a Barbie themed flip phone. The pink phone greets the user with a high Barbie voice message when it's turned on. Parental concerns may be east some though. This phone can make calls and send text messages, but it cannot access the Internet. Social media apps can't be installed. The phone will be available here in the US in October.
Speaker 1: Casey oh boy, I'm rushing right out for one of those. Actually, I would like that because if you can't access the Internet, they can't make me work with the thing. So maybe that's where you go. All right, you'll be here tomorrow.
Speaker 8: Right, I will be yes off on Monday, but here tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay. Our weather guy is like, are you guys even here tomorrow? And I'm like, did we miss another holiday? So yeah, we'll be here tomorrow. All right, We'll talk to you yeah ago. Jeff Bellinger, Bloomberg News. What is uh? This is embarrassing?
Speaker 6: Ross.
Speaker 1: I just realized I've never been in a big lots? What is What do they sell?
Speaker 3: I just racking my brain. They've got furniture, They've got tables. They just assume it's like overflow, you know, a little bit of everything. Yeah, they've got groceries, they got toys, they got stuff for the holidays, like the Core and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: I just it's so weird. I just was racking. I just realized, I don't think I've ever staid foot in a big lot. So is it a membership thing or it is not? Oh okay, well maybe I should go to a big lots. There we go, all right, real quick, CNN, what are they concerned about? Well, let's just say that this panel was way too excited about Tim Walls. This LoveFest is great, but it's a good thing. The dudes were sitting down. If you catch madriff, listen to this over what a regular guy Tim Walls is.
Speaker 9: In the battle for younger voters, both the Harris and Trump campaigns have turned to social media influencers to try to bring in new voters. Here is the latest instance. This is Democratic vice presidential candidate Tim Walls mehein all right.
Speaker 1: Now, I just real quick. So you heard it set up. He is sitting there and he's trying to reach essentially new voters, right, really young. That's why you go on these a lot of these podcasts and you go with these young influencers. So understand what he's talking about here in a moment. How weird it is to use the word of the day to bring up on that particular thing on.
Speaker 9: The popular TikTok show Subway takes.
Speaker 6: So what's your take?
Speaker 8: My take is the most neglected part of home ownership is the gutters.
Speaker 4: It's personal for me.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent agree.
Speaker 3: I've had problems with gutters.
Speaker 8: Before you get your basement wet, you get ash dams caused a lot of problems.
Speaker 1: How often do you like looking at gutters?
Speaker 8: I look quite often, surprisingly because I can't judge it, you know, I try not to be judgmental on people but when I see a well tended gutter, it says a lot about somebody.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 1: Listen to.
Speaker 3: And it gives me a little bit PTSD.
Speaker 8: I remember as a child, my father would make me take a forty foot ladder and walk up and pull the Oh, we.
Speaker 9: Didn't even play the part where they get to the ladders. Guys, can you pull that up? I'm probably asking them too much of the control on, but continue would.
Speaker 8: I would have to get the leaves out of our gutters at our home, and we had a we had a sloping backyard.