Speaker 1: That's how let's go Henden.
Speaker 2: Good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, see ry, wakey, wakey, hands off snake, Eggy rod.
Speaker 3: Ryan Show checking in Throwback Thursday, we'll get your voting all morning long.
Speaker 4: O.
Speaker 2: Lenny Kravitz made it in there, James Addiction Beck very good.
Speaker 3: So it's Throwback Thursday. That's one of the things we'll have going on. You gotta pull a question up on the X at rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Are you following us? Why don't you do it? I got Mark going for win number two? So the hell is Mark? This is Mark? OHI ma oh hi Mark.
Speaker 3: Mark's gonna go for win number two in the Fresh out.
Speaker 2: Of Bed to Have we had a lot of turnover lately in this game.
Speaker 3: We'll play at six twenty Buzzfest tickets Homeroom, you're getting those. That means the first hour on the Fun Fact Flashback, we'll get you into Buzzfest. I'll remind you to go and vote on the Buzzfest bans as well. Ghost tickets at seven twenty, Coheed tickets at eight twenty, with taking back Sunday Alternative Income a chance at one thousand dollars at nine ten, modest mouse flaming lips.
Speaker 2: Oh gonna mention.
Speaker 3: We're playing read my lips today. I need you guys to some of your word suggestions. Email me Rod at the buzz dot com. Chile takes on. Yes, c That's gonna go down at a twenty. She's representing Lamark. Got a twenty percent chance of rain partly Claude high eighty nine.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Alex. What are Houston's headlines? Good morning Rod, Good morning home room.
Speaker 4: The United States and Ukraine signed a significant economic development agreement yesterday establishing the United States Ukraine Reconstruction Investment Fund. This fifty fifty partnership aims to invest in Ukraine's natural resources such as rare earth, mineral oil, and gas, as well as infrastructure projects within the country. The fund is going to be financed through direct US investment, future military assistance, and revenue from the new mineral licensing deals. The agreement is seen as a strategic initiative to boost Ukraine's economy and secure continued US military aid. While the deal has been signed, the agreement still requires ratification by Ukraine's parliament to take effect. Kuwait has released ten additional American detainees, bringing the total to twenty three freed over the past two months. This move is part of a goodwill gesture towards the United States, aligning with the Trump administration's focus on prioritizing hostage and detainee issues and foreign policy. The detainees include military contractors and veterans. They are primarily held on drug related charges. Some have alleged coerced confessions, abuse, and threats against their families during their imprisonment.
Speaker 2: Good to have them back.
Speaker 4: The NFL is coming down hard on the Shudor Sanders prank phone call. The league announced massive fines over the prank yesterday.
Speaker 2: I don't think they were really that massive. It's just what people are saying.
Speaker 4: I think it's a lot of money not to an NFL franchise that prints that money.
Speaker 2: Does the franchise pay or does the coach pay?
Speaker 4: France, So the Atlanta Falcons are gonna have to pay two hundred and fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: And defensive coordinator and father of.
Speaker 4: The kid that orchestrated the prank call, Jeff Olbrich, was fined one hundred thousand dollars. It's unclear if Olbrook is gonna be passing any of that responsibility to his twenty one year old son, Jacks, who made the call. The call was premeditated. Jack says the number on his dad. He Jack's got the number one on his dad's iPad while visiting his parents' house and wrote it down to conduct the prank later on. The NFL also said that they are aware of other prank calls that happened near the draft, including one that they went to Abdul Carter, who went third overall to the Giants. There's no indication that Jacks Olbrick was behind that one. The Atlanta Falcons make two hundred and fifty thousand dollars like a second, so that's nothing to them.
Speaker 2: I think the coach find is high.
Speaker 4: I think one hundred thousand dollars to a guy that is an NFL defensive coordinator former interim coach.
Speaker 2: I think he's be okay, okay. I think he's a slap on the wrist.
Speaker 4: Also think that maybe Shulwy's get a little secial treatment if other people also got prent calls.
Speaker 3: I think it's a big fine if he passes along that to his kid and then makes his kid pay that off.
Speaker 2: That kid doesn't matter that he doesn't, but he'll have it over time.
Speaker 4: So you better park that car, that car standing parked in this driveway, son, Yeah, he's.
Speaker 2: Grounded, and Dad's getting this car washed for the rest of his life. Oh yeah, yeah, And that lawn's getting mode all the time.
Speaker 4: Though, even at twenty one, maybe Michael Bolton's brain cancer treatments have impacted his short term memory, speech, and mobility. He was diagnosed with an aggressive geo blastoma back in December of twenty twenty three, when he had emergency surgery. Bolton had a second surgery in January of last year and finished radiation and chemotherapy last October. His latest brain scan last month came back clear, and he's been having them done every few months since. The recurrence rate is about ninety percent. Bolton says that he meditates daily and golf's as much as he can. He also works out with a personal trader and takes the voice lessons and voice therapy.
Speaker 2: But it's good to know that Bolton's on the men right now.
Speaker 4: It seems like and this just makes me think of Dine every time I hear Michael Bolton. Green Day has teamed up with seven eleven to launch a new slurpy flavor called KerPlunk Candy Grape. It's inspired by their nineteen ninety two album KerPlunk that features this song Welcome to Paradise and their backstage favorite Cotton Candy Grapes. The slurpee is available for a limited time at participating seven eleven speedway in Stripes stores nationwide. To celebrate the launch, fans can collect limited edition cups and custom straws that feature Bluetooth speakers from select locations. Each cup also comes with a QR code that links to a Spotify playlist curated by the band.
Speaker 2: Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: Let's go Yeah, Rockets, you played alive last night. They beat the Warriors one thirty one to one sixteen in Game five of their first round series. They were blown them out and then the fourth quarter just kind of took their foot off the gas and it got a little scary there for a little bit.
Speaker 2: Golden State does still lead the series three games to two.
Speaker 4: Fred Vansleid had twenty six points on the night last night to lead all players from scoring. They're gonna play Game six tomorrow night in San Francisco, It's another do or die game for the Rockets. Also in the NBA, last night, the Timberwolves knocked the Lakers out of the playoffs. They beat them one O three to ninety six to win that series four games to one. In baseball, the Astros fell to the Tigers seven to four last night. They're gonna have a day off today before opening up the weekend series with the White Sox tomorrow night in Chicago. And in the Stanley Cup playoffs, the Capitals eliminated the Canadians. Suck at Canada. They win the series four games to one. Panthers finished off the Lightning and won that series four games to one as well, and then the Jets beat the Blues five to three to take a three to two series lead.
Speaker 2: In that one. That's what's going on in sports. All right, let's go, let's go four hours of pain.
Speaker 3: Who wants the first phone call? Come get it, Come get it. It's just hanging out there.
Speaker 2: First phone call could be your seven one, three, two, nine four. Thank you.
Speaker 3: I see some of you are already sending me your word suggestions for read my lips. We'll play that game live on the air with our in studio guest. Yes see, yes see, yes see, yes see yes yes yes seem.
Speaker 2: Yeah send me those words brought at the bus dot Com.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go four hours of paying The most interactive show on the radio starts right now ninety five The Buzz, Good Morning, Ron Ryan Show, Welcome Aboard to Throwback, Thursday, Fix the graand Thursday Oh Today we play Read my lips.
Speaker 2: Uh Chile takes on. Yes see, I'm gonna do this all day. I think you're going.
Speaker 3: To have to. Am I gonna struggle all day? Or is this Chilli gonna help me out and he's gonna sell me?
Speaker 2: Dude? This is alps.
Speaker 3: This is how you guys should be saying it moving forward. I don't have a problem with it, dude. Tell me what you'd like me to say, and I'll say it.
Speaker 2: You know what, I'm having trouble with the too. You can't have trouble with it. You have to be the guy for these's gonna call her Jesse? Is that her name?
Speaker 5: It's with the why, but it's it's supposed to be the same thing as Jesse, but they just spelled it with a why do you want me to call her Jesse?
Speaker 6: Dude?
Speaker 2: Or am I gonna look like a fool when she gets here? Hey, let her correct us when she's here.
Speaker 3: But I'm gonna I'm gonna probably give her ten mentions before she walks in this room. I mean, just casually you'll be talking about it should be coming in? What would you like me to Let's it's an average about ten times I'm gonna mention her.
Speaker 2: What do you want me to say? Jesse? Say, Jesse, you sonim a bitch If you're setting me up for failure, I'm just telling you right now.
Speaker 5: I have issues with saying the why because of my accent, so it comes in like real bad. Like I can't even say Yesie. It's like saying yes, Yesie, Yesie.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Jesse, you want me to go with hard j on that jay like jack ass Jay Jay jack Jesse? You want me to do a jay?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay? I mean if I'm gonna.
Speaker 5: Be a jackass on might eye, I might as well.
Speaker 2: Be a jackass with you.
Speaker 3: This guy set me up, Alex, Absolutely, your twin is setting me hi failure to that.
Speaker 5: Would it be easier for you to just be like, Hey, today's yes he coming in or Jesse coming in?
Speaker 2: We don't want to say we got some chick coming into play. That's not cool. I'm broad coming.
Speaker 7: Some skirts gonna be in here later. I mean, I want you just conquer. We have another victim, you know, I am going to move forward with Jesse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it wasn't your last tie. Yeah, over time somewhere that game is still being played in the matrix. It was one of the greatest. People are still talking about it. Yeah, it's the worst game ever. Okay, you liked it, you loved it, Bro, don't thank you, Chili.
Speaker 3: Jesse is going to be in a twenty. We'll get a chance to settle this. Figure this out. Beck Devil's Haircut, Jane's Addiction, Mountain song.
Speaker 2: I know Alex likes that one.
Speaker 3: I'm torn between that and Beck though, But Lenny Kravitz always on the run.
Speaker 2: This is a tough one. My mama said, we talked about it yesterday. Do we have it?
Speaker 3: We might need to get that. I don't know if Wizard knows it. It's not in the system, but that's the one that we talked about. That was a great mother I added that to the Mother's Day song list yesterday.
Speaker 2: But I think that's the first time how nas that Lenny Kravitz and Slash collabed on that song.
Speaker 3: So some good music there. I need you to email me your word suggestions. And then people are calling.
Speaker 8: It's not time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 2: No, No, I did that. I did that. I got so excited when I saw his name on there.
Speaker 9: Good Morning rod Ryan Show, Good morning mister.
Speaker 2: Right Robbie, Robbie, Robbie, Robber Robbie. It's called her number ten, Robbie. I haven't heard from you in forever, bro, where you been?
Speaker 9: Well, you know how it is.
Speaker 2: Retiring, Robbie.
Speaker 3: We dumped out of that. Continue on with your thought with no swear, and.
Speaker 9: You cannot I cannot say that on the air. But I can do this right here.
Speaker 2: We got you, Robbie.
Speaker 9: Listen to me.
Speaker 3: I gotcha, bro Okay, when was the last time you want a case of beer from us?
Speaker 9: It's been like maybe six months.
Speaker 3: No, that's not true, there's no way there's.
Speaker 2: You gotta turn down your radio.
Speaker 3: You're getting confused now because we're way behind because we had to dump out of you, Bro.
Speaker 2: Because he's the air. Turned on the radio. That'll that'll screw you up. Hey, listen, No.
Speaker 9: What I'm saying is, is it not been at least six months?
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know. I don't keep track of those things.
Speaker 10: Chili would do well, he would Chile, mister Chili News.
Speaker 9: But what I'm saying is that when I win the next one, I'm going to donate the card from Spakes to whatever you have going on.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll have some stuff going on.
Speaker 3: I don't know when the next time you're gonna win, but I'm working on some ideas. The rod Ryan Show care store is gonna be up and running very very soon. We'll be working on backpacks and all that stuff. So I mean that would be awesome. Listen, Robbie, I'm a little behind, you know.
Speaker 2: I love you, dude. I'll be looking for.
Speaker 6: You on show.
Speaker 9: I took way too long, so I'm.
Speaker 2: You already know all right, brother, listen. Great to hear from you.
Speaker 3: You know, even in retirement, Robbie's up early with us and and calling in.
Speaker 2: I love it. Hang on, I got to take.
Speaker 3: A short break. When we come back on a rect check for you. We'll find out what's trending and then we'll get set up for the game.
Speaker 11: Come on us, Rock and al tearn very soon. Rod Ryan Morning Show, I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back every buddy, Rob Ryan's Show, six twenty At least there's always Other John. That's true. Robbie was the first phone call today. Huh.
Speaker 3: And I asked Robbie was the least have you won beer? He's like, oh, dude, last year. I'm like, come on, it's may you have one beer this year?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. I didn't believe Robbie. Well now I do.
Speaker 3: Other John says Robbie won July twenty sixth, twenty twenty four, his fifteenth beer win in his career.
Speaker 2: That's wild.
Speaker 3: I don't even know the extent of what Other John keeps track of everything on this day.
Speaker 2: It does like Other John. When was the last time I mentioned Other John on the show?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: How many times before before? Just now? Yeah? How many times has this other John gotten a name drop on this show?
Speaker 3: He might have that twenty percent chance of rain partly cloudy high of eighty nine today.
Speaker 2: Let's throwback Thursday. What's trending? Pirates fan is trending?
Speaker 4: Yeah, pirates fan is in critical condition right now after falling a twenty one foot outfield wall onto the field and had to be stretched off.
Speaker 2: It was one of the worst I all to watch the video. I did watch the full video, and I think he fell on his head.
Speaker 3: It's just it just wasn't a good fall. It's not like a swan dive or something. It's a fall ward. It's just so awkward and landing awkward, and it's it's bad. Hopefully they're okay, okay. Rockets are trending.
Speaker 4: They stayed alive last night in a weird elimination by beating the Warriors one thirty one to one sixteen. They'll play Game six in San Francisco tomorrow night, and then Toxicity is trending.
Speaker 2: System of it down to two thousand and one.
Speaker 4: Toxicity album mysteriously vanished from Spotify yesterday and people were bad about it.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't know.
Speaker 4: I didn't know about this until just now because I listened to the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: That story. You can always listened to Toxicity right that stories on the music blog page.
Speaker 3: It's just somebody went to go listen to it yesterday and said they couldn't find it, and then somebody else.
Speaker 2: Like, you're right, it's also gone on mine too. Well, if it's gone on one, it might be gone on others as well. Here comes the Internet Bloodhounds. I don't know what the reasoning was behind that.
Speaker 4: The people were definitely talking about that, so that's just trading on ninety five The Bus.
Speaker 2: Good morning everybody. This is Mark back on the show.
Speaker 10: And when I say back on, it's been over two years, Philip, I am your fresh out of bed heads ahead one day?
Speaker 3: Oh hi, Mark seven one three two one two five ninety four five, if by you think you can beat Mark.
Speaker 8: The rod Ryan Show on ninety four five The.
Speaker 2: Bus, ninety four five The Bus. Have you caught any of uh.
Speaker 3: Or has anything piqued your interest in Big Baldy's new podcast.
Speaker 2: Besides the Bill Burber The Magnificent Others.
Speaker 3: No, that's the new series that Billy Corgan is now sit down he's doing sit down interviews.
Speaker 2: I say he just made his podcast. Well, it is his podcast. It's his podcast. You're talking about the one Mandel you're talking about them.
Speaker 3: Where he got hijacked, where he hijacked Bilburr on Howie Mandel's podcast. That was all leading up to his Billy Corgan releasing his series. Okay, it's called the Magnificent Others. He just said, Corey Feldman on recently, I've.
Speaker 4: Been you know, we're in the works and getting Corey Feldon on past the babies.
Speaker 3: Well, how many weeks now posting a picture of Corey Feldman on yours?
Speaker 2: He's been working on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, somebody's been. His people have reached out to us. We just have not reached back out to his people yet.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, good.
Speaker 3: Billy Corgan has kind of interviewed everybody, and he must have been working on these things for months, because he's maybe only been out there for I don't know, two three months, and he's got probably twenty interviews now out there.
Speaker 2: So yeah, he just slowly rolled him out. He must have been stockpiling him for a while.
Speaker 4: Do you think if I watched the Billy Corgan one with Corey Feldman and just asked Forry the exact same questions, he'd realized that you could.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna try that you could do that.
Speaker 3: That's one of the questions that Corgan asked Corey was what movie roles did you lose out on Titanic? He claims he was in the running for Titanic. Come okay, so maybe I've seen clips of that. I didn't realize that it was where it was from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's called The Magnificent Others. I'm big Feldman fan.
Speaker 3: Yeah all right, Well, good morning everybody. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. It is throwback Thursday. It is sticks to Grand Thursday. Keep sending me your word suggestions. You guys got to step it up on the emails. Step it up on the emails. Maybe you've never emailed me a couple of words that you think would be good for the game. Doesn't have to be anything that was said on the show, but email me directly, Rod at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 10: Let's play a game, and now it's time for the fresh out of bed Head to Head Challenge.
Speaker 2: Listeners to your corners.
Speaker 1: Oh hi, Mark, Hi.
Speaker 3: Mark's Brother's up, brother, Mark?
Speaker 2: What are we doing here? You're going for win number two? Win number two. Okay, we don't know about you, dude, We don't know what you got in you. You are well. We have three time Hall of Famer Brian on the show right now. Brian, good morning, good morning. You were in the tournament last year.
Speaker 12: You have a goat beat me first, round.
Speaker 2: He does that. He does goat like things like that from time to time. He does it a lot. All right, well, Brian, maybe a future goat right here? Mark? Oh hi, Mark.
Speaker 3: We don't know, but I need you both to shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Brian and Mark is what we're listening for. You're playing for Buzzfest tickets Saturday, May.
Speaker 2: Twenty fourth, Woodland's Pavilion. Brian, I know you know how to do this. I know you know how to do this. Mark. You did it yesterday. Can you do it again against a three time Hall of Famer? Can you get it done today? Mark? I'll get it done. Okay, that's what I like to hear. I like that kind of confidence. Alex. Please listen carefully. All right. You're listening for Mark and Brian. Question number one? What is a third letter? Right of Mark? Three time Hall of Famer Brian C. Please say the letter again so I'm clear. What is he saying? Spell as in what as in? What word? A? B C A B C third letter alphabet? You said C whoa whoa whoa whoa? Come on, Brian, don't lie to me. Did you say b C like the third letter of the alphabet cat like cat, Yeah, cat, C is the correct C is the correct answer.
Speaker 3: If you promise, if you swear to the little Baby Jesus, B is in Baby Jesus.
Speaker 2: You said C. I said C. It's the third letter of alphabet. That was the question. It is the third letter of the alphabet. Says they're playing for a T shirt. Playing for a T shirt? Oh well, too late, already told me getting bus festiga. Now you playing it all right?
Speaker 3: Now you're playing for buzzfest tickets. That's buzz with a B, all right, Brian with a B. So help me God, if I check the tape, you better have said C. He's a three time Hall of Famer. I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt.
Speaker 2: He said. See what is the third letter of the English alphabet? Mark? You were so far behind. I'm not even sure you said your name yet you were so that was just that was so Monday.
Speaker 3: Let's go on with another question. Mark be quicker, Please find another gear, Brian, and mark what grocery store uses?
Speaker 4: Go for it?
Speaker 2: Mark AGB?
Speaker 3: Is that an h No, I'm just kidding. That's a correct answer. That's the correct answer. H E B Okay, that's how that's how you annunciate letters. What grocery store uses the motto? Here everything is better?
Speaker 4: H g B.
Speaker 2: Mark went out, threw his bees on the table and it worked out.
Speaker 3: We're not gonna chop him just yet. He got you on that one, Brian. Oh yeah, I mean what grocery store chain? It would have been Kroger or HB. Yeah, that was almost It's not a fifty to fifty. Yeah, there's a million pigly wiggly. I'm not gonna ask about more than Dollar General grocery store though, is that? I guess they sell groceries. Here we go, next question. This game is taking as long as Chili's reb lips games. I feel like we're in double overtime for the win. Brian, Mark, shout out your name when you think you know the answer.
Speaker 2: This could go anyway. What type of treat are the Girl Scouts known for selling? Brian Brian cookies with the seeds.
Speaker 13: For me?
Speaker 2: All right? That one? I heard, no problem, So I gotta get the wax out of the ears. Maybe, Hey, Mark, he beat you? Yeah, he did, good game, Brian, Hey, a good game.
Speaker 11: Mark?
Speaker 2: He won? Punk jumped you?
Speaker 3: He did and it was supposed to be for a T shirt, and I made a mistake and I said Buzzfest tickets. I'll I'll stay true to what I said. Hey, Brian, you got Buzzfest tickets with.
Speaker 2: It be hey, appreciate it. This could have been yours. Mark to Dud have just been a little faster.
Speaker 4: I'll see him two years, two.
Speaker 2: Years, all right, Hey Brian, you want to play tomorrow?
Speaker 11: Absolutely do it?
Speaker 13: All right?
Speaker 3: We got a three time Hall of Famer back at it, The rod Ryan Show, Good Mornings on ninety four five, The Buzz ninety four to five, The Buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Bad Omens, and Just Pretend.
Speaker 2: Rod Ryan Show Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 3: Can't wait to get these song clips on. That's gonna be fun. We got three really really good songs. It's probably my favorite. I'll say this, I have my favorite Beck song. Okay, yeah, it's a really really good one today. So I think we're going to have a really good race to nine point thirty to see which song is going to be played. You can vote on the world famous rod Ryan Show page at buzz dot com. You can also vote for bring on Buzzfest brought to you by Love Street Blonde. And that's where you help us determine who is going to bring on Buzzfest. Speaking of I'll give away my sorry Chili, my second pair of tickets coming up on the fun Fat Flashback.
Speaker 10: But bring that champion fresh out of bed head to head Challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 2: Good morning everybody. It's a three time Hall of Famer Brian.
Speaker 5: Now you're fresh out of bed head to head one day champion bringing back some stability to this game because I plan on being around for four more.
Speaker 2: Join me on free beer Friday when I make a win number two bitches.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Sounds like he wants to like kind of settle in a little bit and kind of hang out with us this week and next week. Welcome to May everybody. May First, Can you believe it? Can you believe it's all?
Speaker 2: Wow? Can you believe? I brought in some fun facts for you guys? It's the fuck That to the Day. We make you look smart and every body's this the fuck That to the Day.
Speaker 3: Captain Cash joining us, getting ready to talk about rocking out with his stocks out. But first, how about this day in baseball thirty four years ago, nineteen ninety one. At age forty four, Nolan Ryan threw his seventh no hitter. That was when the Texas Rangers shut up to Toronto Blue Jay's three to nothing. That same night in Oakland, Ricky Henderson Henderson stole his nine hundred and thirty ninth base to break Lou Brock's all time record. What a night in baseball, Big night, Huge night, forty four years old. Nolan Ryan's throwing heat unbelievable, seventh no hitter. It's ridiculous. Hell probably knows this, or he's probably got a whiff of this before. Factories in China keep hearing about these tariffs. Factories in even the Chinese factories all right, Well, factories in China produced roughly eighty percent of all of our toys and ninety percent of all Christmas goods sold here in America.
Speaker 2: That is, we're on two dollars this year. I mean they butter work.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I saw the doll thing too, so I mean I get it.
Speaker 3: We got to ourselves to a point where we rely so much on this stuff. I didn't know the numbers were that big for those two particular sectors. I'm sure those numbers are huge in everything you look at Finally about this be a cool little fun fact for you today. Johnny Cash, the cash Man, the Man in Black. Johnny Cash's birth name was not Johnny. As a matter of fact, Johnny Cash did not have any birth name.
Speaker 2: His parents gave the initials Jr. Because they couldn't come up with a name.
Speaker 3: When he enlisted in the Air Force. They're like, uh uh jr. You need a name, So he just randomly picked John. Oh that's neat.
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, it's on the parents, Come on, just make make a decision. It's the fuck That to the Day.
Speaker 11: We make you look smart and bunny.
Speaker 2: Everybody, It's the fuck That to the Day.
Speaker 3: For my second pair of Buzzfest tickets. This hour, it is time, it's your fun. What number did we all learn yesterday on this show? Apparently every single person listening to the show knew this?
Speaker 2: What number did we learn?
Speaker 3: Is connected to murder because it's section one eighty seven of the California Penal Code that legally defines murder.
Speaker 2: One eighty h What numbers? Come on, man, just give them the man, Just give it to them. Sorry, I know the answer, you know the answer.
Speaker 3: Now, Well, there's still a third number you got to come up with on your own seven one three two one two five nine four five. If you know the fun fact flashback, It's now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash, loose slips of minor sinking ships over here.
Speaker 2: I'll be doing Wall Street.
Speaker 12: Yesterday it was a mixed down Wall Street. Yeah, Dad was up one hundred and forty one points. Kick off this morning at forty thousand, six hundred and sixty nine. Nastak down fourteen to seventeen thousand and four to forty eight benchmark ten. You're treasurers trading at a four point one four percent in oil and it's at fifty six dollars fifty two cents of burrows to. The most active is the big studs Verizon, Mickey, Thee's and Walmart, the big duds, Chevron, Nike, and Amazon. On the economic calendar this morning, we'll get numbers on construction spending from March right now, futures, we'll con dot on the upside hang on to this.
Speaker 2: Will pause opening Rogron on Wall Street.
Speaker 6: That's it.
Speaker 2: I'm out of here.
Speaker 12: This is Hawlin Manu's a director with and Ram James Porter for the rod Ryan Show from Raymond James on saying Flutenna Go said, don't forget the always rock out with the stock out.
Speaker 8: Famine's expressed are those of Holland and not necessarily those are Raymon James and associates than come, I'm for NYTS, IBC, I ART Radio or a sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission. We'll continue if this is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buyer sell any security referred to your end. This programs are educational and informational services on like the Studs of Duds are based on movement, as reported by Young Finance.
Speaker 3: Ninety four or five, The Buzz Welcome back rod Ryan's Show, What are we doing your.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, thank you? Rod Ryan Shows singers, good morning, good morning, Brother rud soup. Is this the one they called tim? Yes, sir, it is the one they called Tim. Well, You're welcome for the layoup.
Speaker 3: What number became connected to murder because this is the section of the California Penal Code legally defining.
Speaker 2: Murder one eighty seven.
Speaker 11: And I learned that from the movie demolition Man.
Speaker 3: Okay, a lot of people brought it up Demolition Man with Wesley Snipes. A lot of people brought up the movie one eighty seven. Uh, and I guess it's been in a bunch of rap songs and whatnot.
Speaker 6: Dude.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, Uh, Buzzfest. You're getting Buzzfest tickets.
Speaker 2: Dude, So what are you gonna love it? Yeah? Wait the party with you? Hang on, Hey, Alexa. Play ninety four point five. The Buzz on iHeartRadio. Ninety four point five is bus station from iHeartRadio The Rod Rudyan Show on ninety four five. Wakeu the Buzz n four five The Buzz that'd a wake you all bright Killers, mister Brighton, Hi.
Speaker 3: Good morning, brob Ryan's Shower. Welcome to Throwback Thursday. We'll do some song clips for you.
Speaker 2: Next hour. We'll get you some ghost tickets. Next hour.
Speaker 3: I will expect more words to be sent to me. You are suggesting all the words that I'll be using.
Speaker 2: On reading my lips.
Speaker 3: Chilley said to go with Jesse spelled yesie. He said, go with Jesse. And That's what I'm gonna do moving forward until she tells me different. And that's who's applying read my lips today. She's going to come in and join us. She was the lucky or unlucky person chosen that applied online.
Speaker 2: Jo alex Yo Rod. Can I get a little Houston headlines? You can? Good morning everyone.
Speaker 4: The United States and Ukraine's signed a significant economic development agreement yesterday establishing the United States Ukraine Reconstruction Investment Fund. His fifty fifty partnership aims to invest in Ukraine's natural resources such as rare earth, minerals, oil and gas, as well as infrastructure projects within the country. Her fund is going to be financed through direct US in investment, future military assistance, and revenue from the new mineral licensing deals. The agreement is seen as a strategic initiative to boost Ukraine's economy and secure continued US military aid. While the deal has been signed, the agreement is still going to require ratification by Ukraine's parliament to take effect. Health experts are raising alarms as the H five N one bird flu virus spreads rapidly across US dairy farms since March of last year. The outbreak is affected over one thousand dairy herds nationwide, leading to more than seventy human infections and at least one confirmed death. The Global Virus Network warns that the virus's continued presence in mammals increases the risk of mutations that could enable human to human transmission. They emphasize the urgency of enhanced surveillance, standardized testing, and vaccination strategies for both animals and farm workers. Despite the outbreak, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention maintains that the risk to the general public remains low. However, they stress the importance of precautions is actually for those in close contact with infected animals.
Speaker 3: So it went from a bird to another animal to a human. It's like, I don't know that that's happened before, but it's a trending thing right now. Yeah, again, as long as it's we're not running around saying there's a new pandemic or anything like that. Some people, I'm just I know there are some people that are saying that you're right, But that's one of those bubbling understories that everyone's kind of covering this morning.
Speaker 4: A man from a man It fell from a twenty one foot high wall in right field at P and C Park last night in the Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh during the Pirates game against the Chicago Cubs. Right after the Pirates Andrew McCutcheon hit a two run double in the seventh inning, players began waving frantically for medical personnel and pointing to the man who had fallen onto the warning track. The fan was tended to in approximately five minutes by members of both Pirates and Cubs training staffs, as well as p and C park personnel, before being removed from the field on a cart. The Pirates issued a statement shortly after the game saying that the man was transported to a nearby hospital and was any critical condition.
Speaker 2: Scary stuff though, scary stuff. Yeah, it was a bad fall.
Speaker 3: I don't know anything that they like. Everyone's asking, well, was he drunk? Was he reaching for a ball?
Speaker 2: Was I don't know what.
Speaker 3: It looks like it just fell out of nowhere and it was just a bad fall, so you could tell, I mean, upsetting all the players. I mean when you're sitting there and then you got to resume and you got to play afterwards. You don't know what the condition is of the of the fan that fell. The players were really put on the spot and they were very emotional. Yeah, as they as many people would be.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Rolling Stone just put out a list ranking the fifteen best movie dogs.
Speaker 2: Of all time.
Speaker 4: Number one on the list comes in at Lassie. Lastie is an old dog. Those Lassie movies are black and white. Yeah, it's crazy that that's still the number one dog. It's like the you know, like the John Wayne of dogs. It's like a super old actor bidding the golden a Retriever from Airbid number two. I mean, it was a dog you could play basketball. It's pretty sick. Can you remember Benji was a big dog When I was a little kid. There was I think a series of movies or books about it, just called Benji. Benji was the dog's name.
Speaker 2: Is that on the list? Benji not on the list? I thought that was a huge dog when I was a kid. Yeah, So Totto from Wizard of Oz was number three.
Speaker 4: Brandy the Pitbull from Once upon a Time in Hollywood, and Asta the wire Fox terrier you all like, Rin ten Tan was.
Speaker 2: On the list.
Speaker 4: Super Old Baxter from Anchorman came in at nine. Hoochs from Turner and Hooch was ten.
Speaker 2: Old Yeller, Old Yeller not on that.
Speaker 4: And then Bruiser from Legally Blonde and Einstein from Back to the Future On there. Not on the list at all was Shadow from Homeward Bound, as well as Chance, Pongo, and Perdida.
Speaker 2: We're just not gonna talk about them at all.
Speaker 4: I don't I don't understand this Goofy the Goofy movie, Like, how is he not number one?
Speaker 2: He probably should be. He was a great father, had to raise a had to raise his sun by himself. Like what were they were they thinking? You're they're playing you like a fiddle right now. Just leave it out, like crucial people. That's why they make crucil dogs.
Speaker 4: Frank the pug from Men in Black, he was a talking dog. They make lists like this so that they upset you. Yeah, well I'm upset.
Speaker 2: Okay. They were successful in that.
Speaker 4: Apple TV Plus just drop the trailer for a new documentary about Bono titled Bono Stories of Surrender. It's based on the YouTube front man's one man stage show in memoir Surrender Forty Songs, One Story. The documentary is going to blend storytelling, music, and personal reflection, offering fans an intimate look into Bono's life as a father, son, husband, activist, and rock Star features exclusive footage from his eleven show run at New York's Beacon Theater in twenty twenty three. It's captured using Apple's Immersive technology that gives a one hundred and eighty eighty degree on stage experience that will make viewers feel like they're right there on stage with him. Bono Stories of Surrender premieres May thirtieth.
Speaker 2: I know you gonna love that, all right? Wow, man, you're obsessed with Bono. Can't wait? Those are Euston's headlines.
Speaker 4: Go Baby Rockets stayed alive last night. They beat the Warriors one thirty one to one sixteen in Game five of their first round series. Golden State does still lead at three games to two. Fred van Vlid had twenty six points on the night to lead all players in scoring. They're gonna play games six tomorrow night in San Francisco. Also in the NBA last night, to Timberwolves knocked the Lakers out of the playoffs to win that series four games to one. In baseball, Astros fell the Tigers seven to four. They're gonna have a day off today before they open up a weekend series with the White Sox tomorrow night in Chicago in hockey and the Stanley Cup playoffs. The Capitols liminated the Canadians and win the series four games when the Panthers also finished off the Lightning in that series, and the Jets beat the Blues five to three to take a three to two series lead.
Speaker 2: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 11: Easton's rocking alternatives, The Road Root.
Speaker 8: The Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four or five.
Speaker 2: Buzz ninety four to five The Buzz, Good Morning brought Ryan Show. Oh, I just came across the old picture of me in third out of line. I'll look for it.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you if I can put it up as a throwback Thursday picture, I will do so, and then you will laugh at me because it's so old that I have hair.
Speaker 2: Now I have to find the picture so you can see it. Good morning, Hope you're all feel great. Start to your day. Welcome to the seventh spot. Everybody. If you're carrying over from home room, thank you.
Speaker 3: If you're just joining us, wakey, wakey, hands off those cupcakes.
Speaker 2: Very very busy today.
Speaker 3: I'll say this, you're doing a really great job of sending me your word suggestions. We're gonna play Read my Lips next hour. We'll really get rolling and maybe we'll even get to meet this Jesse yesie person from Lamark. She is gonna be taking on the Chile this morning for Reading my Lips. I'm going with Jesse until she tells me different. But you got to email me Rod at the Buzz dot Com. Your words twenty percent chance of ring partly cloudy Skies today high of eighty nine. I see a couple of first time words submitters.
Speaker 2: I like to see that. Let me encourage you. Maybe you've never ever emailed me before. It's real easy. It's Rod at the buzz dot Com. It's easy. Email me boom.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'll use one of your words and then you get the fortune and fame or well, you get none of that, but you get the feeling that you've contributed to the show. And my model this year is get involved. Have you voted yet for Throwback Thursday? Well, well we're gonna do song clips coming up. Beck is in the lead Devil's Haircut. Is it my favorite Beck song?
Speaker 2: It might be, It might be. It's just a cool sound it is.
Speaker 3: Lenny Kravitz was talked about today Always on the Run from his Mama Set album. That's when he says Mama said's in it the whole time and slashes on guitar on that one it's a rocker.
Speaker 2: And then Jane's addiction Mountain Song. Alex loves that song.
Speaker 13: I do.
Speaker 2: I am assuming you're going Beck here? Ooh hesitation Jans addiction, Why.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, see you know that you're supporting back, so I'm gonna probably good James addiction.
Speaker 2: I don't know that I'm supporting by it you like you are. Yes, it's your favorite Becks song, but it doesn't mean that it's better than Lenny Kravitz's song with Slash True and Jane's addiction is one of my whole time favorite fans. I feel like I always got humped in their corner. Speaking of Alex, he's the busiest boy I know.
Speaker 3: Right now he's staying up all night to watch basketball, and then he's putting out new podcasts. There's a new Past the Gravy podcast. I saw it on Links and Guests.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got into jazz. I'm learning a little bit about jazz now, okay, make me run right to it. Yeah, well, we were trying to figure out how song's that words in them, like how do you come up with names for the songs?
Speaker 4: And I think jazz is really funny because it's like you could just name any jazz song anything and it doesn't have any.
Speaker 2: Words, you know.
Speaker 4: We talked about sumo wrestling, a little bit about the NFL draft and the whole shed or standers thing, and power ranked tacos, which guy a little a little heated.
Speaker 2: So that was a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: Checkout Past Vay podcast wherever you get your podcast now you're regulars at the Past the Gravy Podcast, The Gravy Gangers, Ladle Later.
Speaker 2: Do they all know that you were going to be out on Friday night? Par I mean, dude, I don't know if they do. I feel like this just got finalized, like this week, I can't contain this guy. You're out Friday night partying.
Speaker 4: So we had so much funny Cactus Cove at the Crawfish Cookoff last weekend. I decided, Hey, what if I took some Buzzfest tickets to Cactus Cove. Come on Friday and maybe you haven't had an opportunity to win Buzzfest tickets yet. Well, I'll be giving away a couple of pairs Buzzfest tickets Tomorrow night from eight to ten at Cactus Cove, thirty three thirty three West eleventh Street with my friends at Neutral.
Speaker 2: They just spond through in Buzzfest this year, So come hang out with me. I have a couple of neutrals.
Speaker 6: Hang out.
Speaker 4: We're gonna take some picks, we're gonna chill, we can watch the Rockets game will be on and yeah, just let's just chill and at Cactus Cove.
Speaker 2: So tomorrow from eight to ten, come hang out with me. Maybe win some Buzzfest tickets.
Speaker 3: It sounds like a really good party. It's tomorrow night already. All right, quick break, let me come back at a wret check for you.
Speaker 2: We'll find out what's trending.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna continue to scan my emails looking for these great words that you're suggesting for reading my lips. I'll try to find that old third eyed blind picture. You'll laugh, and then we'll give you some tickets to go see Ghost August sixteenth at the Toyota Center.
Speaker 2: So all right, I got my work. I'm just asking you to hang in there.
Speaker 11: Rock and Alternative for the Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 2: Welcome back, everybody working on these tickets. I cannot find that old thirdie blind ticket picture. It's like I came up in my one drive and I didn't flag it and I should have just downloaded it when I saw it. I know, I know, I know, you guys would have so much fun making fun of me. I promise you I'm looking for it. I will continue to search.
Speaker 3: Okay, Throwback Thursday, we're gonna do song clips coming up in just a little bit. I've got tickets for you too coming up even before that. But right now, I need to find out what's trending well in Instagram. Thursday is trending.
Speaker 2: I'm on.
Speaker 4: Kelly Johanna is submitted to us today by our listener Tommy.
Speaker 2: Thanks for sending or over, buddy. She's pretty amazing.
Speaker 4: People check her out with the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at thebuzz dot com. Right job, the h five in one bird flu also trending. People are freaking out online about.
Speaker 2: A possible new pandemic.
Speaker 4: I'm not calling it that people online are calling it, that's true, but there's they're saying that they're worried.
Speaker 2: That's what people are talking about. And then John.
Speaker 4: Elway Golf cart accident due this happened so Elway's longtime friend and his former agent, Jeff Spurbeck, passed away yesterday.
Speaker 2: They were golfing over the weekend and he fell out of the golf cart.
Speaker 4: That Elway was driving, hit his head and was in the hospital passed away yesterday. Elway is absolutely broke up, but it there was no like foul play. Elway wasn't doing anything like irresponsible. He just fell out of a golf cart. And like, that's scary, man, scary stuff.
Speaker 2: So how many times have.
Speaker 3: You been driving and you took the hardest left turn you can just to throw your buddy out of a cart?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I'm not saying that that's not what was happening either. And they were just drive. He was just driving the golf cart. So I'm saying it was.
Speaker 3: Always best friend. Plus, these guys are a little old for those kinds of shenanigans. I don't know that I'll ever be too old for those kinds of shenanoway, but I can tell you I have tossed people out of.
Speaker 2: Golf carts one hundred times in my life. Yeah, I don't know, you could die. I didn't know either. But let's all be a little bit more careful maybe going forward. Yeah, that's what's training on knife for by the buzz. All right, let's give away these ghost tickets Ghost their.
Speaker 3: Skeletour World Tour twenty twenty five, going down August sixteenth at the Toyota Center. Pair of tickies for color ten seven, one, three, two, two, five, nine four five.
Speaker 8: Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five the bus.
Speaker 3: Okay, ninety four or five the buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show, Red Hunt, Chilli Peppers and snow.
Speaker 2: Throw it back Thursday. We're gonna do song clips coming up just a little bit. Let's refresh you.
Speaker 3: Let's fresh en up a little bit on some of these elder songs that maybe you haven't heard in a while.
Speaker 2: One you just heard the other day on the air. I was playing it twenty.
Speaker 3: Percent chance of rain partly Cloudy's guys hies them around eighty nine.
Speaker 2: I gotta pull question up on the X. We'll see if we can get around to get in time to that.
Speaker 3: And I also want to I want to respond to a couple of emails that I was just happy that you guys had noticed the article. You know how you know I always say, like looking at Girls. There's a bunch of pictures on that website. You know, it's all current events though, things that are happening keeps you in the no. But I said, go for the pictures that stay for the articles. New study and I don't have time to get into it. Now, we'll talk about it. Yesterday, I'm Looking at Girls. I posted a new study where ninety five percent of single women agreed on one thing, they want to be approached more in public.
Speaker 2: Dudes were not having that yesterday. They're like, Rod, you don't know what it's like out there. We can deemed creepy all the time. Nobody wants to be approached.
Speaker 3: This article said ninety five percent of single women are looking to be approached a little more.
Speaker 2: I tend to agree with the guys that are outraged. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, I put that article on there for a reason, but dudes were not having it yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yesterday we put up a.
Speaker 3: I think it was Billboard or Rolling Stone put together a list of thirty songs about your mom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not doing it your mom joke here. Oh though I could, but.
Speaker 3: I added a few because this wasn't on there from the album, Mama says. The name of the song is always on the Run. That's what we were looking for, Mama says, because that's the name of the album. Lyrics, that's Slash on guitar, I mean Slash and Lenny Kravitz on the same song.
Speaker 2: Come on, I've never been in go back theresay.
Speaker 3: Okay, first time, Yeah, first time, we can guarantee that. Okay, other John, check your notes. But Wizard's got the notes on this. This is the first time for this song, Lenny Kravitz. It's got twenty five percent of the vote. It's good enough for second place. God, it's such a good song. And you said the horns get you. Yeah, they just slapped as is a hornman.
Speaker 2: I'm in the jazz now, bro. Yeah, he's a hornman. I'm telling you. If he comes across the song, it's got a little sacks. And they call me a horn dog, you know what I'm saying. Hey, is this your favorite James Addiction song of all time? Yeah, it's gotta it's a good one. This would be the intro to Jane Moore's radio show.
Speaker 3: The first time I saw Jane's Addiction one hundred years ago, I think I told you the story. I met Rochester where the Rochester Americans play. That's their minor league, the minor league hockey team. Yeah, the Amerks. Right, I'm on the floor Jane's Addiction. My mind's blown. I think they opened with this. To be honest with you, this would be a great opening. Henry Rollins opened the show. You just thought they're yelling at you in his panties.
Speaker 2: Uh look, yeah, I take down the establishment. I didn't know who he was. I wasn't big on Rollin's band and stuff. I'm like, black who is black Flag?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it was Rollin's band, And I'm like, who is this guy?
Speaker 3: This huge, massive back tattoo running around and it's just little short shorts with nothing else screaming at me. So I'm standing there and I'm watching Jan's Addiction and they're blowing my mind. They're so great live, and all of a sudden, this huge piece of wood comes past me, This massive piece of plywood comes past me. It's dark on the floor. I'm like, what is that piece of wood? Now comes another piece of wood past me. They're taking the floor off of the At one point, for the last three songs of Jan's addiction. I'm standing on the ice in Rochester watching Jane's addiction. It's taking the boards off and they're exposing the ice.
Speaker 2: That's rock and roll. Baby, Yeah, it was awesome.
Speaker 3: Jane's addiction is in last place. Mountain Songs only got fifteen percent of the blow. And I'll say this about Jan's addiction and I'll move on. They didn't invent everything, but where Nirvana gets so much credit for kicking the door down? Because they did, and I get it. There was all kinds of bands beforehand. Okay, nobody invented anything. But I'll tell you the door that Nirvana actually absolutely blew open. Jane's addiction unlocked that door.
Speaker 2: Yeah they didn't.
Speaker 3: Okay, they need to get way more credit in the in the cannon of alternative music.
Speaker 2: And they're the ones that came up with the whole phrase alternative music.
Speaker 3: But my favorite beck song, it's just got such a such a cool song sound to it.
Speaker 2: This is the first place. It's Devil's Haircut with fifty eight percent of the vote.
Speaker 11: The favorite Becks.
Speaker 2: Song is tough to pick.
Speaker 11: The rotten no Ways.
Speaker 2: Elevator music probably is I fit, Okay, it's a little deeper cut. Yeah, it's on my workout playlists. I saw it. This isn't a bad one at all.
Speaker 3: It's get overage, man.
Speaker 2: I saw him live a couple of times. I saw him once Lollapalooza. Back in the day.
Speaker 3: He was a noisy mess. And then I saw him not that I don't know. I guess it's probably been eight years now, and uh, he's an entertainer. Man, he's an entertainer. This guy could become like our Vegas guy. He's that good. I can understand he could be We could all be old, me older and going to Vegas and he's like our Tom Jones. He's got that many residency, he's got that many songs, and he's that engaging on stage.
Speaker 2: Really good. Was it Kanye?
Speaker 4: It was some award that he won for it was Up All Night was the song of the year, I think, And he was accepting the award. I think Kanye had done so and he's like, no, no, no, come, come speak, come take the order, you can take it.
Speaker 2: Like he didn't want, like he didn't want to be on the stage. Did he do the same thing he did with Taylor Swift? Well, I don't remember where I do remember some sort of a weird interaction with that. This is your number one song right now? Yeah, Kanye stormed the stage and says down to when Beck was at that the same thing you did with Taylor Swift at the Grammy's.
Speaker 3: Kanye's off the rails. Man, all right, those are your three songs. Oh jeez, I never went to go to the Rodrigo over here, Rodrigo, Hello, good morning, Hey, how are you.
Speaker 1: I'm great.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you're sweating it out over there. Dude, you're the tenth caller. You got those Ghost tickets left forget about. That's my brother from another mother, Rodrigo.
Speaker 3: But Chilie calls me, dude, congratulations, you're the tenth caller. You're going to see Ghost August sixteenth at the Toyota Center.
Speaker 2: Hey, man, I'll vote for you real quick. My god, I know you're busy, Rodrigo.
Speaker 3: You want Beck, Lenny Kravitz or Jane's addiction. What's your song today for Throwback Games?
Speaker 10: Addiction?
Speaker 15: All the Way?
Speaker 3: Jan's Addiction All the Way? Okay, Alex thinks gonna be mad about that. All right, my man, have a great time at that show.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening.
Speaker 11: Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Great effects include Mowings, Swings.
Speaker 3: The Bus ninety four or five, The Buzz Offspring, Come On, play keeps Separated, Rob Ryan Show, seven thirty seven. I just checked my email to the Chile this morning, and I did send him three stories. Three things you must see today is the title of that blog page, and usually it comes with three things.
Speaker 2: Maybe just you get a second chili. Somebody says it's like two stories. I'm three things you must see today. Have you heard from Jesse. I'm going with Jesse, by the way, because you told me to go with Jesse. Yeah, she's in. She's in a guest room. Yeah, she's here. She's here, her and her husband here. Did you ask her about the whole Jesse Yesie thing. Yeah, she said, hey, Yesie, you damn it. You told me to go with Jesse. I've been saying Jesse all morning. He gets one mistake of here that did.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: She said she said she was gonna call me chili the whole time. I was like, dude, that's what they've been calling me all this time.
Speaker 2: Chilly. It's not gonna hurt my feelings. Sucking on chill dog, suck it up.
Speaker 16: Yes, yes, all right, yes, he is.
Speaker 2: Her name cleared up? Is how many stories are on three things? How many things are on three things? You must see today?
Speaker 5: I got I should have three on there, but let me double check because I've been flying through the blogs to try to get a monk.
Speaker 2: Gotcha, I sent you a lot of stuff today. So now everything's up, so now I can probably obviously one. Two.
Speaker 4: Hey, you know what.
Speaker 7: That's son of a gun computer man gotty again, it's the computer.
Speaker 2: Is that computer man the studio? Okay, second mistake of the year in the same day. Okay, one day, so a day of mistakes. Yeah, okay, I'm gonna put her up right now. All right, thank you dude, all right, thank you. Thomas sends me an email. I was like Rod, I think it was ninety nine Family.
Speaker 3: Values Tour in Dallas, Dallas Stars Arena, Limp, Biscuit, method Man, Redman, Stained Filter, Primus, Buckethead, method Man and Redman came out. They're throwing blunts in the crowd, and they said, if you're not smoking, get the blank out of here. Crowd goes wild. Next thing I know, I'm seeing the same thing you just talked about. Huge pieces of plywood on top of the pit, the crowd, people surfing, standing on the ice crazy times. Sorry about the writing skills. I'm using talk to text, dude.
Speaker 2: I didn't know those floorboards were that easy to pick up. I've never really thought about.
Speaker 3: It, but I thought they'd be more remo, more layers until you get to that ice, you know. I thought there'd be a couple of layers of something before you get to the ice.
Speaker 2: I know it the Rochester.
Speaker 3: Arena, you know, where the Amerks played. It was just one plywood away from getting at that ice.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 2: Jalen Brenson on the Knicks got injured.
Speaker 4: He injured his ankle two nights ago, and they played at Madison Square Garden where the Rangers also play.
Speaker 2: So I'd imagine even though the Rangers.
Speaker 3: Are out, the ice is still under there, and you could see the boards kind of just go down, yeah, around his ankle, and it's like, I guess they can be flimsy. Okay, Guys, keep sending me your word suggestions for reading my lips for yes see, Yesie to.
Speaker 2: Take on the Chile. Look you had at fifty fifty shot. I know, you know, you know, sometimes you're gonna not hit him it's never fifty to fifty with names with me. You pick, you pick the wrong side of the coin.
Speaker 3: It's ninety five to ten, and I always go ninety five and get it wrong. All right, Keep sending me your words right at the Buzz dot Com.
Speaker 11: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 8: The Buzz.
Speaker 3: Ninety four or five The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show Throwback Thursday. Well, well, well, Lenny Kravitt's always on the run in the lead right now. Uh, Lenny kravitzon slash on that track. Beck Devil's haircut and Jane's addiction is still pulling up the rear.
Speaker 2: Twenty percent chance of rain. Probably Cloudy's guys hies it up around eighty nine. Chili and Yesie, I don't know. I mean she's upset him.
Speaker 3: I don't see her like usually I see who's ever playing in the room with chili in the chili bowl.
Speaker 2: But she did bring her husband, so maybe they But the chill is not that big. Oh so no husbands? Well, I think multiple people in there? Wait what chill? We I mean?
Speaker 5: I asked them to come in here, but I say it's gonna be a tight squeeze. And where are they they're in our heart room where Alex records.
Speaker 2: The past podcast. Yeah, okay, great, but I've got them on the TV. They're watching the stream, the Facebook livestream, so they can see us in there. Yeah, I can hear us. They can hear us. Sorry about the whole Jesse yesie thing. I was told to say, Jesse No. I told him to say yes. He said no, I'm Rod. I'm gonna say Rods call Yeah, the receipts. Okay, I'll bring up.
Speaker 5: I told her I would come and get her at eight o'clock to bring her in here so you can talk to her.
Speaker 2: Somebody go grab the part of the pod where Chili says go with Jesse.
Speaker 5: Okay, all of Rod's cheerleaders, uh I kick Cube for kick her?
Speaker 1: What his name is?
Speaker 2: Eli? Ice Cube? Picker uppers are my fans.
Speaker 5: Now, Eli's gonna go get it and send it in tagle us own everything right now?
Speaker 2: Very good, here we go, Let's get into it. Hello, Alex, can I get some Houston headlines? Please? Well? Good morning everyone.
Speaker 4: The United States and Ukraine signed a significant economic development agreement yesterday establishing the United States Ukraine Reconstruction Investment Fund. This fifty to fifty partnership is going to aim to invest in Ukraine's natural resources such as rare minerals earth or rare earth minerals, oil and gas, as well as infrastructure projects within the country. The fund is going to be financed through direct US investment, future military assistance, and revenue from the new mineral licensing deals.
Speaker 2: The agreement is.
Speaker 4: Seen as a strategic initiative to boost Ukraine's economy and secure continued US military aid. While the deal has been signed, the agreement still requires ratification by Ukraine's parliament to take effect. Kuwait has released ten additional American detainees, bringing the total to twenty three freed over the past two months. This move is part of a goodwill gesture towards the United States, aligning with the Trump administrations focused on prioritizing hostages and detainee issues in foreign policy. The detainees, including military contractors and veterans, were primarily held on drug related charges, and some have alleged coerced confessions, abuse, and threats against their families during their imprisonment. The NFL is coming down hard on the Shadoor Sanders prank caller. The League announced massive fines over the prank yesterday. The Dana Falcons are going out to pay two hundred and fifty thousand dollars, and defensive coordinator and father of the kid that orchestrated the prank call, Jeff Olbrich, was fined one hundred thousand dollars. Dounclear if Olbrick is going to be passing any of that responsibility to his twenty one year old son.
Speaker 2: Jax, who made the call. The call was premeditated.
Speaker 4: Jack's got the number on his dad's open iPad while visiting his parents' house and wrote it down to conduct the prank later on. The NFL has also also said that they are aware of other prank calls that happened during the draft, including one to have Dual Carter, who went third overall to the Giants. There's no indication that Jacks Olbrich was behind that one.
Speaker 3: I know the twenty one year old doesn't have that kind of money, and I don't come from that world, none of us, okay, with our parents being that, you know, privileged, and you know, even just the money, there's no way I'm not absorbing some of that. My parents are making me pay, even if my dad was a defensive coordinator somewhere.
Speaker 2: My parents are making me pay something for a long period of time.
Speaker 3: I'm on installment payments to pay back my parents for the fine what I was solely responsible for doing.
Speaker 4: Jeff Olbrick made about two mil last year. I'm still a hundred thousand dollars. It's not about the money. I'm just like teaching your kid a lesson. I get that, and I'm on the NFL's job.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I'm talking as a parent. That kid is twenty one. He does not have enough money to pay that fine. The dad's gonna have to pay it. I'm gonna have to pay my dad back.
Speaker 2: This is the whip somebody's ass song. We need to bring that back. Yeah, that's what you need to do. Yeah, they need to. Yeah, they need to beat that kid. Get the belt. Okay, do you want to pay you back a hundred to seven thousand bring me the belt? Or do you want to be caned? Okayne, don't get your suspension like you got Adrian Peterson. You gotta get his belt. They haven't had that yet, all right, But it's.
Speaker 4: It's crazy, like when the NFL is like, this is what we're gonna focus on like ray Rice got four games, but like this is also the worst thing that could ever happened. Like I get it, it was a rude, mean spirited thing that happened, But like the NFL should just let like Jeff Oberg figure this out, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I just I know, I think they got a hand down a fine. I think they got to show that they can find all the other people that got prank called. Like if that's as big as a deal as it is, then like I.
Speaker 3: Don't think they videotaped it. They can't prove it was them. Okay, they just videotaped this one, these jackasses.
Speaker 2: Because he has one hundred cameras around him at all times. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Michael Bolton's brain cancer treatments have impacted his short term memory, speech, and mobility. He was diagnosed with an aggressive geoblastoma back in December of twenty twenty three, when he had emergency surgery. Bolton that had a secondary surgery in January of last year, and finished radiation and chemotherapy last October. His latest brain scan last month came back clear, and he's been having them done every few months since. The Recurrence rate is about ninety percent. Fulton says that he meditates daily and golfs.
Speaker 2: As much as he can.
Speaker 4: He also works out with a professional trainer, and it takes voice lessons and voice therapy. But it's good to see that he's kind of on the men right there.
Speaker 2: Song's a bummer. What are you talking about this? Well, the other one we had.
Speaker 3: I was looking for upbeat Michael Bolton songs. They don't exist in our system here, And.
Speaker 4: The other one was one of those bad tracks that just drops out after five seconds, which is a super fun track.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right, we don't have much he's got. He's got a couple of Christmas songs.
Speaker 2: That's it. He's a lot of Christmas songs. Most of them were Christmas.
Speaker 3: We could play play Michael bout Blay here, but that would be disrespectful with Michael Bolton.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but just if you there Michael Bolton song. How can we be lovers?
Speaker 3: I mean, there's so many good ones I can't I'm ready, I can't pick one.
Speaker 2: I like them all.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, anytime, if you can't find something, you can always throw in Michael bouo Blay. Okay, I'm not going to do that, like for this Green Day story. I don't think that it works out way.
Speaker 2: If you wanted to go. I was listening to The rod Ryan Show. They just played Michael blue Blay over everything they've talked about. Yeah, they had nothing to do with the topic at hand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just Michael blue Blay. It's just it's a go to for anything we might not have. I don't agree with that.
Speaker 2: You can't find Green Day, you could put him.
Speaker 4: Well, we did find Green Day and they have teamed up with seven eleven to launch a new slurpey flavor called KerPlunk Candy Grape. It's inspired by their nineteen ninety two album kerk Plunk that features this song Welcome to Paradise, and it's also inspired by their backstage favorite cotton candy Grapes. There's Slurpee is available for a limited time at participating seven eleven speedway in Stripes stores nationwide. To celebrate the launch, fans can collect limited edition cups and custom straws featuring Bluetooth speakers from select locations. Each cup also includes a QR code that leaks to a Spotify playlist curated by the band.
Speaker 2: Those are Houston's headliness see we don't keep.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about a green day Slurpy cups. Well, no, I a bluetooth speaker. This, I think throws it off. See, you're living in the past. I'm moving forward.
Speaker 2: Maybe you'd want to use this for the rocket.
Speaker 3: I absolutely do not want to rocket. This would be the last song, right the Rockets.
Speaker 2: It's not dead, last bottom of the barrel. I think of fifty.
Speaker 17: Listen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're.
Speaker 4: Doing Christmas, this sayn't Christmas. Michael Wivla is Christmas. Okay, that's what he does. He's hibernating right now. Where what he even doing.
Speaker 2: He's in a cage somewhere. Let's go. Rockets stayed alive last night.
Speaker 4: They beat the Warriors one thirty one to one sixteen in Game five of their first round series.
Speaker 2: They do still trail three games to two.
Speaker 4: Fred van Vliet at twenty six points last night, the lead all players in scoring. They're gonna play another do or die game six tomorrow night in San Francisco. They've only beaten the Warriors there once all season. Hopefully that'll trindle in tomorrow and yeah, so uh good to see the rock is still alive. I just got a bad fill in that then I will be able to win three straight.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm just telling you, let's have some positivity around here.
Speaker 2: You're crap it on bou Blaz, crap it on the Rockets. Let's go mostly boo blay. Come on, let's be happy.
Speaker 4: Astros fell the Tigers seventy four last night.
Speaker 2: They're sixteen and fourteen on the season.
Speaker 4: They're gonna have a day off before opening up a weekend series with the White Sox tomorrow night in Chicago.
Speaker 2: You need to go for a walk, take a lap. You need to take a lap. I'll take a lap. You need to take a lap and come back happy. Maybe I will. This is a blue bla It threw me off.
Speaker 4: In the Stanley Cup playoffs, the Capitals eliminated the Canadians, beat them four to one in this In that series, the Panthers also finished off the Lightning and when that series four games to one, and the Jets beat the Blues five to three last night to take a three to two series lead.
Speaker 3: That's what's going on in sports, all right, dude, I really think don't you need a little bubble?
Speaker 2: Did you get your coffee yet? Today? I was swinging tea. I don't need coffee, but I definitely don't need Michael Bublain. Okay, you don't need coffee morning. Just a little of this has nothing to do with anything we're talking about.
Speaker 3: How can I not put a smile on your face because it doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 2: I can't see everet it makes all the sense in the world. Take it my cake.
Speaker 11: The rod Ryan Morning Show, six Am.
Speaker 3: The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. That's Green Day, an American idiot halfoint part of the show, Pepa eighth eight boys. Lots of things today going on. We've got our We've got our hands and everything.
Speaker 2: Here I'm asking you to vote on Throwback Thursday. Get your vote in.
Speaker 3: Go to the world famous rod Ryan Show blog page at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 2: Vote for Jane's addiction and uh, exactly what you did? Number one song right now, Alex, It's in the leaf. There we go. Did you end up voting? I have not yet. Are you torn? Because I know you're a Beck fan. You're gonna go I'm gonna go out soccer Beck went right now. Beck went from first to worst.
Speaker 3: Jane's addiction has forty four percent of the vote, Lenny Kravitz, Olwi's on the run thirty two percent of the vote first time ever in Throwback Thursday, and Beck Devil's haircut twenty three percent of the vote.
Speaker 2: Right now, just voute it. We can also built Michael Bublay in there too, if you want to.
Speaker 3: I was thinking of doing a poll question about Michael Boublay, but I already had a poll question up, damn it. I mean, Bublay could bump anything on this show, So I was thinking of just scratching the one hundred and sixty votes we already had for our current poll question. This morning on the x Alex, what's a better Saturday night? You got to answer carefully on this A night out, night in alone, staying in with friends, staying oh, family, night at home. You're on the spot. Everyone else can kind of vote and they won't get busted for what they say. You are on the hook for what you answer. Uh, what is a better Saturday night? A night out, not that night in alone, staying in with friends.
Speaker 2: A family night at home. I like family, and I like hanging out with my wife and my kid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you have to answer that well, I mean I really would pick that and then I would also like when she gets tired of this bed and I'm gonna play Xbox with my friends.
Speaker 2: For her like two hours.
Speaker 3: I'm not getting a lot of nights out right now. I mean, I know, I just got back from I just get back from a CDC, so.
Speaker 2: I kind of had a weekend out.
Speaker 3: I did have a weekend out, you're right, Yeah, family night at home forty one percent of our audience chose that. Yeah, So I mean, you know, it's a night in alone was number two at twenty five percent, staying in with friends twenty percent, and a night out only thirteen percent of our audience.
Speaker 2: So especially like.
Speaker 4: We're a family of three not including Weezy right now, and like soon that will be four.
Speaker 2: So like I got kind of soak up all the like there's just three of us here that I can right now.
Speaker 3: So after the after the second kid comes, I ask you this pole question, You're like, dude, I need a night out, like nobody's business.
Speaker 2: You'd be okay with answering that way.
Speaker 3: May you know, you get a little crazy with you, you little stir crazy with these little kids, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, So that's the pole question.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow's pole question boo blay, yes or no? Like it or spike it boo blay, smash or pass.
Speaker 2: He says, she's here. I don't know. I think I see it. You do see her? Okay, I have not like laid eyes on? Yes, Sie, I have laid eyes. Yes, got a second? All right, Well that's nice of it. Hey, yes, Sie? What's that? I don't know if you were listening this morning when Chili told me to call you Jesse?
Speaker 1: I heard.
Speaker 3: Did you hear him specifically tell me to go with the Jay, the hard Jay? I even brought up like a jay, like jackass Jay Jesse. He said, yeah, hey, man, go with Jay. You heard that I did. I'm sorry, it's it's Yesie, lose, it's Yesie.
Speaker 2: Okay. He's trying to get in her head. Who you got here? You got your husband? You got your husband here today? Yes, he's right here. He's gonna be cheering you on this morning. Okay. I can't wait to meet you. We're gonna have you in the studio and just a little bit. Okay, all right, sounds good. I'm sorry that Chili didn't. Let's just sit with him all morning. I don't know what I don't know. Chili's in a mood today, man, He's not. Chili's in a mood. Alex is in a bit of a weird mood thing. Everyone's a little grumpy. Everyone's a little rumpy. I'm not I'm gonna go great mood.
Speaker 1: I can't wait.
Speaker 2: I'm ready to I'm gonna do one final scan of my emails.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get the best words for the game, and then Yesie is going to take on the Chile in Read my Lips.
Speaker 2: Can't wait for this matchup.
Speaker 11: Houston Rock, Houston's Alternative and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Welcome back, everybody. All right, the gang's all here.
Speaker 3: We are getting all the preparations, everything that we need to do to get ready for Read my Lips. Yessica aka Yesie joining us in studio taking on the Chile in just a little bit.
Speaker 2: We'll stay hi to her in just a moment.
Speaker 3: Boy Links and Guests is packed today. Crazy thing about three things you must see. There's three things you must see on there. Now, that's awesome, that's cool. There's a who passed the gravy up? I gotta pull question on the X. I want you to vote. I'm bring on Buzzfest. I mean you're voting on Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 2: What I know, I'm needy. I'm very very needy. I need you guys to go in and do all these things. Get involved. Maybe that's a good T shirt for the summer Rob Ryan Show. Get Involved. It's been my thing all year. Want to say I'm needy. Well else to make that too. I know you guys will make that on the side. I'm sure all right, Oh, Alex Boublay.
Speaker 4: What is trending six year on Thursday continues to trend Kelly Johanna, which The Minute to Us by listener Tommy, and people are checking her out. The world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot Com. Also continuing to trend this morning is Pirate fan falls. The guy fell from the center field twenty one football at P and C Park yesterday during the Pirates Cubs game. He is still in critical condition at a Pittsburgh area hospital and people are talking about that, and then I know you're excited aout this.
Speaker 2: The Tony Awards is trending right.
Speaker 4: Now, rod which is obviously my favorite Broadway Awards show. They're announcing the nominees of that right now and that's what everybody seems to be talking about online.
Speaker 2: So what's your fairite Broadway play? I mean, I love cats, I love all that rent.
Speaker 3: Rains was such a great one to the West Side story. Okay, by the bus, yes see. Just come straight to me next time when it comes time. Yesina, yessica, whatever you want to be called on this show, get with me next time.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, well do and we'll clear all this up. Okay. Want to tell you.
Speaker 3: Think you're going through Chili and he's going to be the guy that kind of figured this out, all.
Speaker 2: This shit, and I'm supposed to be the one that's moody. Yeah, right, I am in a great mood today.
Speaker 3: Now this guy on the other hand, Okay, yes see, you said, what's your husband's name?
Speaker 2: Josh Hi? Josh?
Speaker 3: You brought Josh in. He said that you guys practice, I asked him. He said, you guys practiced for two hours yesterday.
Speaker 2: Is that true? No, it was probably like thirty minutes, you know, man be lying.
Speaker 3: Okay, he's doing that in front of Chili. We practiced for nine hours yesterday.
Speaker 2: I believe it. I believe all right, you've heard.
Speaker 3: The silly song that we're going to be making you listen to and the reading of the lips and all of that stuff. Okay, I got to go through my final selection for what words we're going to use. I'm excited about this matchup. You have three minutes. Don't tell me, but I'm gonna come back in three and a half minutes. I'm gonna ask you do you want to go first or second? Can't wait to see what your answer is going to be.
Speaker 2: But are you ready to do this?
Speaker 1: I'm ready.
Speaker 2: Okay, you got three and a half minutes.
Speaker 3: If you've got to go pee, if you've got to drink some water, if you've got to go do a lap with Alex, a happy lap, do whatever you.
Speaker 11: Have to do.
Speaker 2: But we've got Yesie taken on Chile and read my lips.
Speaker 3: Next, make sure you're firing up your web browsers and you're watching us on Facebook and YouTube live on.
Speaker 11: Ryan's show Fun ninety four or five The Buzz.
Speaker 3: Ninety four five The Buzz. Good morning, rod Ryan Shall that's break you, Benjamin and never again. Good morning, Good morning everybody. I just have a throwback Thursday because I'm excited, dude, I'm trying to build some trying to build up, like you know, some anticipation here, had a huge game up here.
Speaker 2: We got yes Sie, yes see welcome.
Speaker 3: Sorry about all the confusion, but your name it's okay, all right, you're taking on the Chile this morning.
Speaker 2: You've heard him before, right, Yes, I grew up listening to him super beatable, Like right beatable? Would you say? Like if I ask you, like, what's the first word that comes to mind? When you say Chili? You go beatable? Like he's easily beating. He's easily to be He's easy to beat. Hi, bro right here, I know, you know, we gotta work, you know, for the rest of the day. It looks sharp today, Chili. I like that.
Speaker 3: I like that button up shirt you got on. All right, Chili, listen, I'm like the trainer in the corner of the boxing match. I'm trying to get you angry.
Speaker 2: This brings out the best in you.
Speaker 3: You don't realize that when you have your best games, it's when I'm riding you.
Speaker 2: Okay, like up on top on your shoulders. You're one of those checked the tape. You're one of those trainers as in my corner, Albatad. You need for the opponents.
Speaker 3: No, just when Rocky was getting beat up, what did he say? He ain't getting beat up, he's getting mad. He's getting mad.
Speaker 2: His face is worming up. Yes, Hee, you want to go first or second? I'll go second.
Speaker 3: Okay you want do you want me to get somebody on the phone just in case if something happens?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you need somebody?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, okay, Well I'll grab somebody on the phones justin I mean, yes, he's gonna win, but if she doesn't.
Speaker 2: Good morning rod Ryan, show disrespect? Good morning Hi. Who's this Pedro? Vote for him?
Speaker 3: Yes, so I got Yes, he playing Chile, I got cohed Cambria and taking back Sunday tickets. If yes, he doesn't beat Chili, which we know that's not gonna happen, all right enough, But if she doesn't, if she passes out in the middle of the game or something like that, then I'll give you the tickets, all right. If they tie, they're not all right? Hang on, Pedro, it's Padro, everybody. Yes, so you want to go first or second?
Speaker 2: I'll go second.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Make the man sweat? What make the man sweat?
Speaker 3: I saw one little sweat beadlet going down the side of his head right now, right after you said that he had to go first.
Speaker 6: This one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, thank you, Alex.
Speaker 3: You are a true job supports you like that little tear on a velvet elvis, just one little sweat beadlet coming down the side of Chili's face, Elvis on.
Speaker 2: The toilet right now.
Speaker 3: I'm writing, yes see, this isn't the words here. I'm shuffling them, so I don't know who's going to get what word. I don't have favorites here.
Speaker 2: You're my favorite, but I don't have favorites here.
Speaker 3: Here we go shuffled all right, every day I'm shuffling only thursdays.
Speaker 10: Really.
Speaker 3: Okay, Now Chili has the headset on that crazy loud music from Masta Donald's playing in his ears.
Speaker 2: He can't hear me.
Speaker 3: He's got three words. His boyfriend's going to be timing him twenty seconds for each word.
Speaker 2: Please soon as I say to watch, when this turns red, that's when his time is up. Okay, here we go, thumps up. I'm ready. You hate her? I love you, Chili. It doesn't mean it. Drew sent this one in What's Said on the Air this Week.
Speaker 17: Beaver Fart, Bigfoot's phone, beaver fart, be first beaver fart, big big gardens fall beaver fart, beefer phone beaver fart, bigfoot, beaver, beaver beaver.
Speaker 2: Right, go dance all round it. Three things. There was three things that day on three things. Listen to beat.
Speaker 3: You get a woman dying on that blog page. Yeah, and then there's a beaver farting on the same blog page. The my my friend Mike was a photographer. He always told me it's about lights and balances.
Speaker 2: I never knew what that meant. I guess, all right, here we go. That's none, yes sir, yes, yes, see. Just gotta let her build her confidence so I can just bah. This is how we do it in this side. Kyle sent this in Here we go. Maybe sat on the air today, thumbs up, all right, loose lips? You who was looking at me? Loose lips, loose lips, Thank you. I appreciate that. So I'm thinking ships, cash and checks breaking next. Rod hated that he's mad that I got it right. Curious not. I'm happy before I see him sweating. I'm so mad. He's probably texting Wizard. We need a meeting to talk about the twins. Yes, you gotta get one. Okay, you're gonna get this, don't worry.
Speaker 3: Michelle sent this one in your light work Pedro, still there, high Pedro.
Speaker 2: Oh here, okay, dude, just stay right there, bro, don't go shot. Michelle sent this one in twenty seconds on the clock.
Speaker 18: Thumbs out, dumbsucked, frosting lick, say that again, frosting lick, frosting li, frosting.
Speaker 2: Lick, front leg, farting legs.
Speaker 18: Frosting frogs, frosting lick, frosty lee, frosting.
Speaker 2: You can't just go hand titty. We don't go hand on this show. We always got hand titty a frosting lick. Ah. We had the great debate about frosting. Yes, he is it frosting or icing? Icing on a cake? Icing on a cake? Icing on a cake? What's on an icing on a cake? Icing on a cupcake? Cupcake?
Speaker 3: It's icing, not frosting. No, what do you lick off the beat when you're mixing it and you're making icing?
Speaker 2: Okay? Icing was sixty percent of our audience. All right, here we go.
Speaker 3: All right, yes see, headphones are on, cranked it music up, chile A.
Speaker 2: It's up loud, let's go.
Speaker 1: We wold put those on.
Speaker 2: Can hear it to the microphone?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is loud, all right, Here we go. Husband said two hours of practice.
Speaker 2: Yes, he said he'd be lying.
Speaker 3: Thirty minutes of practice, but they practiced. Tony sent this word in.
Speaker 2: She could tie it up right here, mad Tony Okay said on the air this week, thumbs up. Here we go. Chi lost fart ball. Fart ball. That's good. Wow, bro, you said it right for her. I enunciated for you too.
Speaker 1: You did not get frosting lick.
Speaker 2: I started licking the mic just like this artball.
Speaker 5: That's how close you were to the mic that you were blocking your mouth so I couldn't read them.
Speaker 3: What food goes from amazing to awful? The same food, the one you cook Russell sprouts. They could taste like little far balls.
Speaker 2: When they're steamed deep fried, they go hard. Okay, here we go. Joe sent this one in. Hey, so she just guaranteed tied. She didn't guarantee. She guaranteed to win. Rich word. She has two more. She's not gonna get them. Horn blower say it again, horn.
Speaker 15: Blower orange Yeah, horn blower, orange blower, horn blower, horn blower, orange blower horn blower, horn.
Speaker 6: Blow making it interesting, Oh my god, like horn blower, horn corn orange.
Speaker 3: Or ringe blower, horn blower the same thing you couldn't even tell horn is one salable.
Speaker 2: I'm saying it's all right. Here we go over times, not as Joe J gets his word through thumbs up. All right, let's do this, all right. Here we go, Chili with the wind. Pedro, Hang up, pedro, pedro, hang up, I can hang up pedro. Here we go. I'm up. Pool noodle pool, she's looking now, dole pool.
Speaker 15: Blowing pool, pulling pool, bawling pool, noodle pulling pool.
Speaker 11: Pulling pool, bawling allie.
Speaker 2: Pool now dole time bo noy? Hey, hey, is she getting twenty seconds? Over the twenty seconds? Why is she getting five seconds?
Speaker 1: Side and you want chili to lose?
Speaker 2: Why is she getting five seconds?
Speaker 4: She was getting exactly the same amount of time chill, she was getting a half hour.
Speaker 2: I hate new doll hate Okay? Will did you believe me if I told you my husband put that word last night?
Speaker 1: Nowhere?
Speaker 2: Did you get it?
Speaker 6: And I did not?
Speaker 2: You didn't get it when he said it? A two route. I'll take you outside, chilling. You get ready, Pedro. I hope you didn't hang up? All right, Pedro will keep hang up on me. Oh, thank you, sir. I'm okay. Who needs to go? Oh? Yes, he goes, Yes, he goes. Husband, you can stay, you know, unless you want to go and keep an eye on this one over time. Yeah, you're going first. I've been chosen.
Speaker 3: I'm going to say the word, and then you keep guessing until you get it. Look in my eyes, get it, get the word. This double this double and triple overtime crap you've been pulling on me.
Speaker 2: We can't do it. I mean, you go. Even if I get it right, you're still gonna say I got it wrong. Get the g D word right? Alright, let's cool. All right, here we go. Wait, it was good. Hold no, not yet. He hasn't started you. I mean I took our phone away. Okay, Now you can't you see the size her husband? Who pound you? I'm very scary of. She's not gonna there too. You can't tell you where you accuse her? Baby Jesus, Come on, Luz sent this word in.
Speaker 3: Start the clock as soon as I say the second word. Thumbs up, thumbs up, bubble butt.
Speaker 2: Bubble butt. Come on. Man, it's gonna be a photo finish. You're gonna doubt me. Still do me? Pedro, right hanging there for you. I'd hang in there. I don't. We'll see, we'll see. Hang on, Pedro, I don't go booking your night yet. All right, you menched up to buy these tickets, Pedro, you better wear you vote for Pedro t shirt show. Here comes uh, here comes YESI all right, yes Hee, it called you Jessica when you yes. Here. Here's how overtime works.
Speaker 3: I'm going to say the word, he starts timing. You guess the word, keep going until you get it right. Okay, let's go get those headphones on.
Speaker 2: I'm feeling good, feeling good leaving it so because she's going to be here, just guessing and guessing and guessing yes and and yes and yes and yes like that. All right, here we go. You start timing as soon as I say a word.
Speaker 3: Thumbs up, bubble butt, bubble but, bubble, bubble butt, frosting, bubble bubble butt, bubble butt, bubble popping, bubble butt, bubble popping, bubble butt, biting but, bubble bubble party, bubble butt.
Speaker 2: Bubble get again, bubble bubble party. Bubble butt, bubble POxy. I'm gonna have you read it on the air. Read it. There's no way bubble bubble butt Chill is the winner. Wow, land out of him? Yeah? Take him up?
Speaker 16: Didn't I say? You can show her the worse and I'll still wing bubble but bubble but and chill? What was Chilly's times?
Speaker 2: I let you go. I'm sorry. I just want to see if you got it. Oh my god? Oh too bad? Oh we lost, Pedro, Pedro, Sorry that you hung up?
Speaker 13: Bro?
Speaker 2: That means I win, right, you really don't hang up? Don't you hang up?
Speaker 11: All right?
Speaker 3: Pedro, thank you for hanging in there. You get the tickets, Koheid take you back Sunday, September eighth. Do you need the whole jes got in your head?
Speaker 2: Yes see, yes, I'm gonna give you this piece of paper says bubble butt on it. You can take that the homely game.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: Listen, guys, thank you for coming yet you much. I thought you did a wonderful job. Maybe you should have gone with the husband with the two hours of practice, but you did great.
Speaker 1: You did great.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: We I'm just gonna say this, We were wrong.
Speaker 4: Well, no, I will apologize to Chili.
Speaker 2: Never apologize to Chili. Say you were wrong and you died.
Speaker 3: This is what people want to hear. We may not need a special guest in the studio next week. We may have somebody to play next week.
Speaker 2: So you will say, yes, he's the last loser. Yes he You may be the end of an era.
Speaker 3: Not because of that, it's just because of circumstances here on The rod Ryan Show are about to change.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna leave it at that. Yes he thank you, thank you so much for coming in. All right, Pedro hang in there.
Speaker 11: Jessus Rock Houston's Serenative and the rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 3: Oh that was all Alex Bouble on that one. He found that read my lips drop way to go ninety four or five the bus, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, eight fifty three, eight fifty four in the Morning's flying by Bartman Claudi's Guy's twenty percent chance of rain A little bit warmer today, highs of around eighty nine.
Speaker 2: The winning song for Throwback Thursday, We'll be played at nine thirty. I will go update the voting.
Speaker 3: I'll go take a look at that whole questions voting for Throwback Thursday, voting for bring on Buzzfest.
Speaker 2: When I say it, I sound I know, I sound needy. I need you guys to get involved and do these things.
Speaker 3: Man, great job on sending me all those great words before reading my lips today, Alex, we got you.
Speaker 2: Got one more in you I do? Okay? Can I get some Houston's headlines? Please? Yes? Well? Good morning everyone.
Speaker 4: The United States and Ukraine signed a significant economic development agreement yesterday establish in the United States Ukraine Reconstruction Investment Fund. This fifty to fifty partnership aims to invest in Ukraine's natural resources such as rare earth, minerals, oil and gas, as well as infrastructure projects within the country. The fund is going to be financed through direct US investment, future military assistance, and revenue from new mineral licensing deals. The agreement is seen as a strategic initiative to boost Ukraine's economy and secure continued US military aid. While the deal has been signed, the agreement still requires a ratification by Ukraine's parliament to take effect. Health experts are raising alarms as the H five N one bird flu virus spreads rapidly across US dairy farms.
Speaker 2: Since March of last year.
Speaker 4: The outbreak has affected over in one thousand dairy herds nationwide, leading to more than seventy human infections and at least one confirmed death. The Global Virus Network warns that the virus's continued presence in mammals increases the risk of mutations they could enable human to human transmission. They emphasized the urgency of enhanced surveillance, standardized testing, and vaccination at strich had strategies excuse me for both animals and farm workers. Despite the outbreak, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention maintains that the risk to the general public remains low. However, they stressed the importance of precautions, especially for those in close.
Speaker 2: Contact with infected animals.
Speaker 4: A man fell from a twenty one foot high wall in right field at P and C Park last night in Pittsburgh during the Pirates game against the Chicago Cubs, right after Pirates Andrew McCutcheon hit a two run double and the seventh inning. Players began waving frantically for medical personnel and pointing to the man who had fallen on to the warning track. The fan was tended to for approximately five minutes by members of both the Pirates and Cubs training staffs, as well as P and C park personnel, before being removed from the field on a car. The Pirates issued a statement shortly after the game saying that the man was transported to a nearby hospital and was in critical condition.
Speaker 2: And I have not seen any more updates on that guy as if yet. I haven't either.
Speaker 3: And I'll say this and just full disclosure. A lot of people have said, hey, you're talking about the story. I don't see it on links and guests. It's out there.
Speaker 2: Alex chose not to watch it.
Speaker 4: I opened up Twitter earlier and I saw it, okay, scrolled past it, but it did not look great.
Speaker 3: It's a bad fall. It's just a bad fall. And uh, I'm not showing the video. If you want to see it, you can go kind of get it on your own all over. It's just kind of a call that I made. It's on me, So you disagree with it, it's okay, But yeah, you can go look up that video. It is everywhere. It's just a bad fall. We're just hoping that he's okay. We do we hope so far, though. Man, Yeah, it was just a bad oh man, all right?
Speaker 2: What else?
Speaker 15: Well?
Speaker 4: Rolling Stone just put out a list ranking the fifteen best movie dogs of all time. Number one on that list is Lassie, followed by Buddy the Golden Retriever from Airbud, Toto from Wizard of Oz, Brandy the Pitbull from Once upon a Time in Hollywood and asked to the Wire Fox Terrier, I mean, it's Lassie still just that well known as.
Speaker 2: Like being the dog I think so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, have you ever seen an episode of Lassie was a TV show? I don't think I have either. It's black and white. I'm old, and Lassie's way older, you know what I mean. Like, I mean it's like last Sie was running around with Groucho Marx.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 3: It's old, but for it to still have that lock on being like the most known movie TV dog, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: I don't even know like half of the half of the shows that the movies that these are. I'll say this, Toto is super old, but Wizard of Oz is one of the most beloved.
Speaker 3: Movies of all time, so I would almost say Toto is the most known dog of all time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, Buddy, everybody's a dog, He's a basketball playing dog and also you got the Receiver too.
Speaker 2: I don't think that movie was that big. It was a pretty huge movie in my life. I don't think it was that big.
Speaker 4: Baxter from Anchorman made it on there, so did Hoo's from Turner and Hooch.
Speaker 2: John Wick's dog was thirteenth, Einstein the.
Speaker 4: Sheep dog from Back to the Future came in at fourteen, and Bruiser, the Chihuahua from Legally Blonde wrapped up the top fifteen.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: Apple TV Plus just dropped the trailer for a new documentary about Bono titled Bono Stories of Surrender. It's based on the YouTube front man's one man stage show and memoir called Surrender Forty Songs, One Story. The documentary is gonna blend storytelling, music, and personal reflection, offering vantimate look into Bono's life as a father, son, husband, activist, and rock star. It features exclusive footage from his eleven show run at New York City's Beacon Theater in twenty twenty three, captured using Apple's immersive technology that gives a one hundred eighty degree on stage experience that'll make viewers feel like you're right there on a stage with him Bono. Stories of Surrender premiers May thirtieth. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: Just looking for a Michael Boublay documentary, Jill meaning, we don't need that. There is at Michael Bublaz simply blue Blazes on YouTube. It's probably awful shot, all right, let's go.
Speaker 2: Rockets stayed alive last night.
Speaker 4: They beat the Warriors one thirty one to one sixteen in Game five of their first round series. Golden State does still lead the series three games to two. They're gonna play games six tomorrow night in San Francisco. Also in the NBA, last night, the Timberwolves knocked the Lakers out of the playoffs. They beat in one O three to ninety six to win that series four games to one. In baseball, Astros fell to Tigers seven to four last night.
Speaker 2: They're gonna have today off.
Speaker 4: We're opening up a weekend series with the White Sox tomorrow night in Chicago.
Speaker 2: And in hockey, talking a little puck.
Speaker 4: In the Stanley Cup playoffs, the Capitals eliminated the Canadians four to one to win that series four games to one. Panthers finished off the Lightning and win that series four games to one as well, and the Jets beat the Blues five to three to take.
Speaker 2: A three to two series lead. That is what's going on in sports. Alright, Well, we've got one more hour together. I'll get it. I'll get you an update on the throwback Thursday songs. How they are looking. I need you to get in there and vote. Got a shot at alternative.
Speaker 3: Income coming up at about ten minutes, a chance at one thousand dollars. We're gonna leave you with modest mouse flaming Lips tickets that'll be un know the show, I mean, we've got a lot to.
Speaker 8: Do here Houston, Houston's alternative and home of The Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four or five, The Buzz.
Speaker 3: All right, ninety four or five, The Bus Good Morning rod Ryan Show, Chavelle and Send the Pain Below.
Speaker 2: Chavelle co headlining Buzzfest.
Speaker 3: You know all this right, Marilyn Manson and Chevelle Buzzfest Saturday, May twenty fourth, Woodland's Pavilion. Tickets are available through ticket Master location. Joining them on the bill, Blue October Pod Evans, Blue Stabbing, Westward, Sleep Theory, and one very Lucky, very deserving local band.
Speaker 2: You will have a huge part in choosing that band. You have until tomorrow at noon to get your vote into.
Speaker 3: Us as we are presenting Bring On Buzzfest presented by Love Street Blonde.
Speaker 2: And what band is it going to be? I don't know how long will it take to kind of go through all the votes and everything. I don't know that either.
Speaker 3: And I know that it closes tomorrow at noon. When do we turn that all around? And who sits there and counts all that stuff? Yeah, I don't know, but I know it's got to be torture for the bands that made it this far. Good luck to all of you, all of you very very deserving some great music up on our website. The power is in your hands. The bands have done their work. They're out there performing and submitting and getting this far. The least you could do is is everyone else that's not in the bands go there and cast your vote, all right? While you're on links and guests voting on Bring On Buzzfest, Alex has a brand new Past the Gravy podcast up today. So it went up yesterday, but yesterday was Gravy Day, so I know that late are excited you got some new content.
Speaker 2: Pull go ahead.
Speaker 4: I'm also gonna be hanging out tomorrow at Tomorrow night at Cactus Cove. Yeah, maybe you didn't get your Buzzfest tickets yet and you wanted to win some eight to ten at Cactus Cove thirty three thirty three West eleventh Street. I'm gonna be giving out a couple of pairs of Buzzfest tickets. So come hang out with me, have a drink. It's Friday night, it's trying to party. Dudes and ladies, come chill, and.
Speaker 3: You're pulling Alex away from his family. Yes, that's how he likes to spend his evening. So it's a special treat exactly that he's going to be out.
Speaker 2: How do I know this?
Speaker 3: Because I asked, well, he's out tomorrow night. I was kind of specific on my poll question this morning, what's a better? What is a better Saturday night? Forty percent of you say family, night at home, twenty four percent of you say staying in with friends, twenty three percent of you night in alone, and only twelve percent.
Speaker 2: Say a night out.
Speaker 3: Does that surprise you that that little amount of people have chosen going out on a Saturday night. The other three options are staying at home, whether it's by yourself family.
Speaker 14: Surprising because being a home's the best mar of Like, I don't know that's what I spend the most of my money on right now, but it makes print, so it's like, yes, I would like to spend my time here.
Speaker 2: It makes me think that there's all old people on us. No, I think younger people like just hanging out.
Speaker 3: You're right, dude, you're right. I bet you more people go out on Saturday night than young people, because like, do you I.
Speaker 2: Guess I go.
Speaker 4: I guess it is considered going out, Like if it's a game, I go go to the bar that I usually go to to watch games. But I feel like that's just hanging out at the bar. That's not like going out, clubbing or anything like that. It's like if it's something you usually do, you regularly.
Speaker 2: Do, I don't feel like that's going out going out.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: And I kept it that way on purpose because I didn't want to put club in. I didn't want to put going is what my mom would say, What do you gonna suck up at the bar?
Speaker 2: Are you gonna go suck up? All right?
Speaker 10: Mom?
Speaker 2: So I didn't put anything specific that could.
Speaker 3: Be a dinner, that could be a movie, that'd be anything, going going to a comedy show or whatever. I just left it wide open, just a night out, and that's got the least that's the least attractive option on.
Speaker 2: A Saturday night. Yeah, if I'm still owned a bar, I'm scared. That's why I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's why I don't own a bar anymore, because of that, because of this pole question today. Sometimes these pole questions are kind of like throwaway things, and then sometimes I'm like, this is a really good question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a really really good question today.
Speaker 3: Like I'm interested in it, and I'm I'm very surprised at how it's turning out.
Speaker 2: I'm happy about the turnout. Right now, we still have some time. It is throwback Thursday. That is another voting situation.
Speaker 3: We're asking you to vote on Beck Devil's Haircut, Lenny Kravitz, Always on the Run, Jane's Addiction, Mountain Song, Jane's Addiction in first place, fifty one percent of the vote, twenty eight percent of you say Lenny Kravitz, and now twenty percent of.
Speaker 2: You say Beck alex is happy. Yeah, it should be in a better mood. Dude, you're saying really great mood. It's gravy day. Your song's winning. The Rockets won last night. Why are you a painting the assay? It's just you thinking, that's just me. Okay, we're all in your head, buddy. You're gas lighting me on the radio. You sound insane right now, right, you're being hysteric. I think that's what gaslin you are. You sound crazy? All right, Alternative Income guys, go get some money.
Speaker 3: Houston's Rock and Al.
Speaker 11: Turn It and The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 3: Culture, the Buzz, all right, Welcome back everybody. Rob Ryan showed ten minutes away from the vote Getterer, the biggest vote getner for a Throwback Thursday. So I'm excited about that. I'm always excited about Throwback Thursday. Lots of stuff for you guys to do online voting and getting involved and taking poll.
Speaker 2: Questions and all of that stuff.
Speaker 3: Partly Claude's guys today and tonight. So that's kind of all day. Twenty percent chance of rain, I have eighty nine Little Warmer Today.
Speaker 10: Online, Kid's Alex Online ninety four five the muzz.
Speaker 4: Okay, Alex, what you got Today's a well is called name that city and you're going to be looking at fifteen different cities that are not currently There are pictures of the cities from years ago, so you're gonna see, like, you know, like maybe the Seattle Tower thing wasn't there, maybe the space needle wasn't there.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's just an example.
Speaker 4: But you're gonna go look at those and see how many you can get. Todd Voss just said he got eight out of the fifteen. He said it was a tough one.
Speaker 2: So go check it out.
Speaker 4: See how many cities you can name by looking at old photos of them at the world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the buns dot.
Speaker 2: Com tro work First Show on.
Speaker 3: The Bus twenty four five The Buzz, Good morning rob Ryan's Show, Shine Down.
Speaker 2: And Don't Die. Nine. Okay we're a little early today. Oh yeah, that's okay. I'll give you the full time to vote. Don't know it could and fifty six votes.
Speaker 3: I never know what you guys, we can up two thousand votes at this time, we get up twenty five hundred. We got eleven hundred votes, so I'll give you the five minutes. There could be a push to maybe get Lenny Kravitz or Beth to move up a little bit, so we'll respect the time that we give you. Nine point thirty will play the song.
Speaker 2: It's okay. Did you know we were in a new month?
Speaker 18: May?
Speaker 2: Can you believe it?
Speaker 3: Does somebody want to do the justin Timberlake? I put I did put it up on our Instagram. I couldn't resist. I couldn't resist the justin Timberlake.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be May.
Speaker 3: I know there's a video out there. I don't know if he was on the Stern Show, he explained why.
Speaker 2: He did it. He was told to do it. I think in the studio. Oh really, yeah. I don't think he just kind of like did that weird inflection on his own. I think that was just him. No, I think he was kind of told to do it. I don't know. There's a story out there to it. I just don't know to tell that story. But it is May first.
Speaker 3: I like to take a look at the month to see, Hey, what can we expect this month? NBA and NHL playoff are continuing. It's a great time for sports, right, really is? I mean, this is the best time that's not football time.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 3: When the NBA playoffs and the NFL playoffs are going on and then when you have like a few teams that you're interested in in it, like the Rockets. It's good, It's really good. Kentucky Derby is this Saturday.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty stoked for it. Do you now? You said you were gonna put money on Toby Keith's horse. Put money on Toby Keith? Really understand?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: Okay, but Toby Keith's horse is a super long shot, right one?
Speaker 3: Okay, bigger payout, So if you put one hundred dollars down you would get time sturdy.
Speaker 2: Oh really? Yeah? Okay. The Preakness is another one of those. It's in two weeks May.
Speaker 3: Seventeenth, PGA Championship Stars May fifteenth. Uh, you being the race head, you are the Indianapolis five hundred.
Speaker 2: You can't don't even get me a starting I can't wait? Is this month? And you know the day of that off the top of your head. Why don't you tell the people that don't know? Yeah?
Speaker 3: May twenty fifth, so all the kids are graduating that same day as the French Open.
Speaker 2: Okay. The movie Thunderbolts hits theaters tomorrow. There's a lot of circuit, there's a lot of talk about that, you know, what's coming out? What's coming out? Do you have any It doesn't seem like a movie that you would gravitate towards.
Speaker 3: You have any interest in seeing Alec Baldwin's Western Rust, not one bit.
Speaker 2: That's why he killed the lady. He did kill the one. No thanks pass, it's not it's not a part of the Yeah, but people know.
Speaker 3: Think the thing about it is people will know the scene where it was, like the setup because people know right where Brandon Lee died in the Crow. Oh yeah, they know, they know the guy. It's in the movie Blohm and he really got shot. So it was an on set shooting. But it's only going to take one day that Rust is out there that people are gonna say, Okay, here's the scene right here. This is where he was handed the gun. This is right before where they were shooting this. This is right before that woman died. They'll know that, and I think people will want to see it for that. They're doing a video on demand release, so I don't think it's gonna be a big feeder.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, let me see.
Speaker 3: I I'm gonna tell you a couple of things about myself. I'll tell you one thing in particular what you got. I've never seen a Mission Impossible movie with Tom Cruise, so the.
Speaker 2: First one and that's it. I think he's one of the best actors that we have to offer out there.
Speaker 3: I think he's that great. I just don't know why I don't watch these things. Mission Impossible, the Final Reckoning May twenty third.
Speaker 2: Okay, doesn't he like jump off a plane on that one? He's done that in the past. It's gonna come up with something new, motorcycles, planes, everything. He's awesome. He's an awesome dude.
Speaker 3: There's a new David Spade stand up special. Let's gonna hit Prime next Tuesday. He didn't sound excited about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah, I like David Spade. I know you're still doing a stand up American Music Awards, I know you.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, I can't wait. It's on the twenty sixth. So let's go with the holidays here and then we'll we'll play you some music. I guess the big one is Sinkle to Maya on Monday.
Speaker 4: Are we doing anything as a show to celebrate, Well, I'll tell you what we are doing.
Speaker 2: Drinking tequila during the show.
Speaker 3: We're doing risk it for the biscuit, and we may be busy chatting it up with somebody new on Monday. Monday is going to be a show you're gonna want to listen to. I'm going to I'll go on record of saying that because it's sinkle to myle yod, somebody will smuggle in some tequila.
Speaker 2: Mother's Day is next Sunday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got Memorial Day on the twenty sixth, but we all know that Memorial Day weekend is buzzfest. That's so back up to day Saturday, May twenty fourth, better Saturday buzzfest. That should have been an option on my pole question today on the X May the fourth, Star Wars Day, can't wait? National Teacher's Day the sixth, most of the day on the sixteen well jam packed months.
Speaker 2: It does sound like a pretty big month.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a big It's listen. May is gonna be a huge month for us. Like I say, I want you to listen every day, I really really need you to listen on Monday.
Speaker 2: Okay, specifically that day, specifically Monday. Yes, voting, Thank you so much for voting.
Speaker 3: Sixteen percent of you said you wanted to hear beck Devil's haircut thirty six percent of you said Lenny Kravis is always on the run forty six percent. Jane's addiction Mountain song.
Speaker 16: Love It Mom, It's so bad Thursday, whatever the hell that is?
Speaker 10: Here's your throwback Thursday winner on ninety four five The Bush.
Speaker 1: Coming Down About time one of the y Jumper.
Speaker 19: Everybody, everybody anywhere, the one around h says, g Ship say shachus.
Speaker 2: Now, cushion, caution, that's.
Speaker 7: Caes you now.
Speaker 1: Give your messa.
Speaker 2: God Ship, do come back down a man, you man? She up get you haven't the same offenion? Not the same offendion. She was no, not some bad your money last she not say.
Speaker 11: Better?
Speaker 3: Got sh.
Speaker 2: Cause you.
Speaker 11: Cause your.
Speaker 2: Cause? She's not. Yes, yes, yes, yes yes.
Speaker 11: The rod Ryan Show ninety four five, The Buzz.
Speaker 3: Ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. I'm forty one into Deep before that. Jane's addiction Mountain Song. I can't tell you what a big deal that song was for me. It's dude, that's late eighties, that's.
Speaker 2: Eighty eight really, yeah, dude, it's it's so those zion based. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, that song is so important in the history of alternative music. That band is so important in the history of alternative music. I talked about it earlier today. You know, Nirvana deserves all the credit that they get. I know that they weren't the first, but I mean Nirvana blew the door open. Everybody kind of gives them credit for that, and I think it's desserved. But you had a band like Jae's Addiction where you know, like sometimes you'll use to you know, somebody had a crawl for somebody to walk. And if Nirvana blew the door open, then Jane's Addiction opened that door. You know, I view them as that one of those bands. I'll also say this about Nothing Shocking. That's the album that that came from. There's only a few You can't just go throwing that around with everything. It's a perfect album from start to finish. It's one of those ones where you drop the needle, and of course I was dropping the needle in the late nineties on that album. Up the Beach was the first thing that you heard when you dropped the needle. Mountain Song wasn't until I think song three. That's the album they ended with. Jane says, what else would be in that rarefied air like a perfect album. Pearl Jam ten, Pearl Jam ten start to finish, and it goes with the construction of the album and in the order of the songs too Appetite, Guns N' Roses.
Speaker 2: It's a perfect album. I think to take Off Your Pants and Jacket.
Speaker 3: Is I was gonna say, I knew you probably had a Blink song, a Blink album on your list of perfect albums.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's not like a clunker on everything, So I don't think so at all. I mean, you just maybe he's off the top of my head.
Speaker 4: I felt like that, like we just played into Deep from Sublime, that that first album they can from some forty one, that first album they came out, and I thought was pretty great. Yeah, it's also like really kind of what got me into the rock when I was a kid.
Speaker 2: I bet you there's a lot of writers that would say stuff like Fleetwood Mac rumors that's the best album of all time, that might like.
Speaker 3: That's when I'm talking album that is thriller probably would be on that list.
Speaker 2: Van Halen won you know.
Speaker 3: Perfect, I mean perfection, every single song I do put Jane's Addiction.
Speaker 2: Nothing shocking on that list for me anyways. Okay, geez, we're already at the end of the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got Modest Mouse Flaming Lips tickets for you. They're playing August twentieth at the seven one to three Music Hall. Great job of the voting today, guys, Thank you. I hope you're also doing your voting on the Bring On Buzzfest, brought to us by Love Street Blonde. You guys gotta gotta tell us what band you want open up Buzzfest? What local band. It's a lot of work, I get it, but it'll be worth it. It'll be worth it to put in the work.
Speaker 2: I'll take a break and then Alex will have a question.
Speaker 3: For you to win those final tickets today, Rock and Alternative very used.
Speaker 2: To The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz Welcome back.
Speaker 3: Rod Ryan's shown getting ready to wrap up a throwback Thursday. The last thing we have for you today tickets to go see Modest Mouse Flaming Lips August twentieth, seven one three Music Hall.
Speaker 2: Ticketmaster dot Com has your tickets. You could win them getting past Alex right now. Hello Alex, Hello Rod Do you have a question today?
Speaker 4: Yes, what band or artists does rod think he can just play at any point in time over anything that we're talking about.
Speaker 2: And then it makes sense, even though it does not proof that you love him, not.
Speaker 3: Proof or them or they are the charge of this segment at all, proof that you love him? Seven one three, two one two five, nine four five.
Speaker 2: You love them? No say it, I don't say it. I won't say it. Tell everybody the answer, and then Professor.
Speaker 3: Love you then gives away the answers seven one three, two, one two five nine four five. I did give away the fun Fat Flashback Today Rock ninety four five, The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Okay ninety four five, The Buzz, Sublime and what I Got. Good morning rod Ryan's Show. Thank you so much for having us on on this throwback Thursday, nine fifty four.
Speaker 3: Let's wrap this Rascale's now time for you know this show on ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 4: Lal La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 2: La la la la la la la la. Good morning rod Ryan Show. Hi, who's this? This is justin? All right? Justin?
Speaker 3: You got through man, Congratulations, you're on, Uh you're on? No the show now you just got to prove that you know the show. Okay, Alex has a question for you. Alex, this is justin Hello, justin.
Speaker 4: What artists or band does Rod think that he can just throw in the show at any point in time?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it'll make sense even though it's not true at all. It works trick the research. I know he loves foo Fighters, well that.
Speaker 4: I do love me some foo Fighters. They would be two on the genre that this station plays. This is not any any sort of genre that we would ever play on this station.
Speaker 3: It's a pretty good guest, justin. Maybe Bethany will have more luck over here, how Bethany, good morning.
Speaker 6: Hi.
Speaker 2: Everybody knows I love the Foo Fighters. That's a good answer, But that's not the answer you're looking for. What's your question?
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 4: What artist or band does Rod think he can just throw on the station at any point in time? Because it works for any topic, and it'll make sense even though.
Speaker 2: It's not true.
Speaker 13: Michael Bla, Michael Dublay, Well, listen, it works like this specific one, yes, because all of it we're talking about.
Speaker 2: Michael Bublay. I could throw on one of his Christmas favorites, it would work right now.
Speaker 4: But the green day seven eleven, slurpey story doesn't make sense when you throw Michael Bublay when the Rockets win.
Speaker 2: Also, it doesn't make sense. Really, he's not even a Rockets fan. No, he hates Rockets, the Raptorsny, Bethany, you're the winner today. I know the show.
Speaker 3: Congratulations modest mouse flaming Lips August twentieth seven, pe to three Music Hall.
Speaker 2: For sending you to that show. Okay, who and you know what. I'm just gonna need you to do this. I need to hear you say thank you Michael Bubley for the second to say it. Yeah, awesome, thank you Michael. All Right, hang on, Bethany. Radio wizard could have borrow you for a second. Don't let him play Michael blue Blazer there, you're so handy, you're just hanging out. This is time for the scuba minutes. Radio wizard.
Speaker 3: Before he was our radio wizard, he was this guy that ran around and did research for all kinds of radio stations around the country.
Speaker 2: And jet said it around the globe.
Speaker 3: Now, you probably worked with a lot of radio stations that were called hot ace, Yes, adult contemporary radio stations. Would you tell the young Alex how Michael Bubley tested through the roof.
Speaker 2: I'm on those stations.
Speaker 3: God tell him one he did alternative stations, did you Okay, that's a.
Speaker 2: Different story, Alex, But it is, it is, it is. But the yeah, the boot Blay on the AC and it just transcends. He could do no wrong. I bet if we had Booblay on Buzzfest, the place would go. Then Dad would be justified. Is it too late to add Michael Bublay to bring on Buzzfest?
Speaker 3: Chris Isaac, Chris, all right, we gotta go. Thank you, wizard. I knew I need back me on this now. Does it work on this radio station? Well, that's another story. The station that tomorrow's free beer Friday. We got beer each and every hour for you. Okay, we're gonna do that.
Speaker 2: Mark is not the guy. There's been a lot, there's been so much change over in this pressure of Brian. That's right.
Speaker 3: Brian is gonna be the winner. He's gonna try to make it win number two. No, he's a three time Hall of Famer, so he might stick around for a little bit. We'll have more Buzzfest tickets for you. Tomorrow is the last day to vote. You have until noon tomorrow to vote on on Buzzfest a write in vote for Boublaz.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know, but it's all brought to you by Love Street Blonde. Okay, I think that's it.
Speaker 4: Jeremy's up next an episode of Past Gavy on all platforms.
Speaker 2: Check it out. Oh, let's wrap up this poll question on the X at Rod Ryan's show. Listen.
Speaker 3: Some days, I'm absolutely blown away by you guys. What is a What's a better Saturday night? Thirty nine percent of you said family night at home, twenty four percent of you staying in with friends, twenty three percent of you a night alone.
Speaker 2: This is Saturday night I'm asking about. Only thirteen percent of you say a night out is the way to go. I would never have drawn that up that way, asking that question. I thought more of our audience would want to go out party on Saturday night.
Speaker 1: Right, and Jill makes me.
Speaker 2: Jeremy's like, let me in, put me in code shanging on the door. Right now, I'll do a no Boublay hour of Power.
Speaker 3: Right, Jeremy will have no Boublet, but he does have the NonStop noon or pict your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour and he's got alternative income coming up in about ten minutes. Okay, guys, we're on a twenty hour break. We'll do it better tomorrow. Mor bu blay more everything.
Speaker 1: Ams, Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 10: If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.