Speaker 1: Yea ripped up.
Speaker 2: Dead by so you don't have.
Speaker 3: Come running just as fast as the can Shooter's gonna help come, Man Dix.
Speaker 4: Is the Troubleshooter Show now, Tom Martine, Hey, hey.
Speaker 2: Hey, Tom Martino. Here, My goodness, gracious, I have a studio full of people here, plus deputy Doc back at the flagship. So welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. If you happen to be streaming the show, we are. I think we're live right now. Yeah, okay, on the YouTube and we have as you can see a bunch of people here and welcome people, Welcome, welcome one and all. Uh, let me explain we got uh, let me turn on the mics here. So Chris is from let me turn that off here. Chris is from Discount Bath and thanks Chris for being here. Always a pre you being here discount bath dot com. I hope people are utilizing that link that you have in order to uh, in order to upload videos they are. Is it working? Yeah, it's working great, Okay, explain so you can price something, by the way, without going there looking at the video. I mean, there's no magic any more. To home improvements. I mean, there might be a few alterations here or there, but mainly if they give you a video from the cell phone of a hall room bath or a master bath or roughed in area in the basement where the pipes are and stuff, you can pretty much know what it needs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for the most part. The bigger master baths can get complicated, especially when we're moving walls.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but you might want to call them, but most of them you can give them an idea.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we can give them an idea, and often with just a quick conversation or a video, we can get them a number.
Speaker 2: Now, people call us at anytime twenty four to seven, three oh three Martino, and we'll get right back to or you can call when we're on the our three o three seven to one to three seven one three eight two five five. And I have other guests with me. I have Deputy D with me. Of course, he's here, and then Deputy Bo, Deputy Bow's here, and then Doc's back at the studio, I believe. So that's good because I couldn't fit one more person here if I had to three oh three seven one three talk. I'm gonna go to the phones, right now I'm going to talk to deb Debbie wants to talk about social Security. Hi, Debbie, what's going on with you?
Speaker 6: We're getting a little static. Well, the quick version, as quick as possible. Four years ago, I went to Social Security and applied for the wife's benefits.
Speaker 2: Okay, so hold on, so how old are you?
Speaker 6: Oh? God, seventy?
Speaker 2: Okay, So you went to apply for wives benefits because your husband died.
Speaker 6: No, you can get it if you've been married ten years.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right. No, that that's right. That's right. If you were married ten years to someone and you're an ex wife, you can get up to the spouse benefit. That's right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I guess that's what it's called. Anyway, I have the equivalent of PARA. Okay, so basically I don't have any of my own Social Security. Okay, it's and I get benefits from PARA and then the Alaska state all right away. Four years ago, I went in and I applied, sat in the little back room and the guy did all the paperwork. And I do not remember if he didn't ask or they didn't have it, I don't know, but they didn't have my pensions from Alaska because I worked up there for a long time.
Speaker 2: Now, Now, when you say Alaska, was that the para you're talking about? Or is that in addition.
Speaker 6: To para, it's the equivalent of a para of Paris.
Speaker 2: Okay, So it's not para, it's just did you work in the Alaskan school system?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 6: Okay anyway, Okay, So anyway, that information did not get into my application four years ago. Okay, there, so.
Speaker 2: Where were they? Okay, keep going then, go ahead anyway, So a.
Speaker 6: Couple of months ago I get a actual bill from Medicare okay, And then the beginning of this month, I get a note saying that I owe the Social Security folks twenty seven thousand dollars because of they paid me. What's double dipping or something like that. I got paid that little bit of Social Security and my pension from Alaska.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, okay, how much were you getting from Social Security?
Speaker 6: Oh? I write a verse four hundred and something at the end five hundred and a little bit over.
Speaker 2: You're not and that was about That was about okay. But it is possible to receive But here's the problem. It is possible to receive spousal benefits from Social Security even if you are on PARA not as long as they offset it, it reduced. Hold on, let me explain this. They may I'm reading this now because I just looked up. They may reduce the spousal or survival benefit, but you could receive both. The way they apply the formula, if you receive a pension from Alaska or PARA or anything like that, based on the work you did and did not pay Social Security at the time, it reduces your Social Security spousal benefit by two thirds of the pension amount. So they would take two thirds of your pension, subtract it from your spousal benefit, and then they multiplied it by forty eight months. Is that what they did to get what you owe?
Speaker 6: I don't know about the forty eight months.
Speaker 2: You said four years you've been getting spousal benefits.
Speaker 3: Right, yes, yes, okay, you're going.
Speaker 2: To what they did. They're going to take your spousal benefits that you've gotten and they're going to reduce it by two thirds of the pair you've gotten for that period exactly. And that's what you're going to owe. And how much do they say you're going to owe?
Speaker 6: Twenty six dollars?
Speaker 2: Okay, now, here is the bad news I owe and no, no, because why bother lying to you? Right that the bad news is this? And you brought it up so I know what's on your mind. I know what's on your mind, and it should be because everyone thinks this way. You said, I applied for spousal benefits four years ago and they did not pick up on my pension that I had, even though I told them, and now I owe this money. The fact that they did not pick up on it actually what the courts and the government look at this as is not as if you were harmed. They actually say, wait a minute, you had free use of this money for four years that you shouldn't have had to begin with. You're looking at it as a debt that you shouldn't have. But let me ask you straight up, do you believe And I understand, by the way, I'm not some kind of ultra rich guy that says, wait a minute, you know, just give them money back. I mean, I realize when we get money, we spend it, and we spend accordingly, and we make a budget accordingly. But is your contention the fact that they did not pick up on this pension from Alaska is that they should discount it at this point and you should keep that money.
Speaker 6: I look at as they didn't pick up where the guy wasn't doing.
Speaker 2: It here, So it was their mistake. They should eat it. Is that what you're saying. It's their mistake, they should eat it. Yes, the government, the irs pensions. No one looks at it. No one looks at it that way. In fact, they look at it just the opposite. What they say is had they caught it, you would have been getting that much less for those many years you've gotten free use of that money. That's how they look at it. So it's just the opposite of what you're looking at. You know, this brings up a color TV. I want to tell you about a color TV, my first color TV. I was a young guy working in TV and radio years and years and years ago, and I bought a TV from Sears on my charge card and it was back then. A color TV back then was very expensive, three hundred dollars and that was a big expenditure for me. There's a reason I'm telling you this, Debbie, And so I get they forgot to put it when I used my charge card. I didn't show up on my bill for a year and a half or two years. And I was devastated because I was paying all my bills. And I thought, wait a minute, it was like a new bill, even though it was an old bill. And it is, and I learned a lesson. I said, well, wait a minute, your mistake. You didn't build me. Well, I should not have to owe this. I mean, and I know what you're saying, but you do owe it. Now I want to know, is are they willing to reduce social Security a bit over many many months in order to let you.
Speaker 6: Pay I can do that.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's okay. In other words, here's what the general rule. Here's what the general rule usually is in a court of equity, usually, I say, or with electric bills, where you've underpaid electric bills or utility bills. The general rule is, however long it took them to discover it is, how long you get to pay it?
Speaker 6: Okay, they don't tell you that, but yeah.
Speaker 2: That Well, it's not a law. It's more or less what a Solomon philosophy and what a judge might do if ever it went to court. So what are they proposing that you? How are they proposing you pay it?
Speaker 6: I pay it back within thirty days. Oh come on, I can't. No, that's what it says. Yeah, sure, or I can make payments and I can put it on my credit card.
Speaker 2: What are the payments are they proposing? If you made them, will they reduce your socials series? Did they take away your spousal benefit completely right now?
Speaker 6: Yes? Yes, And the reason was is because that little math problem math situation you're talking about. I'm making more than the two third number or whatever I know. Yeah, any way, and I started getting bills for my Part B. Yeah anyways.
Speaker 2: Well, you're always going to have to pay hold on. You will always have to pay for Part B, whether or not. It doesn't matter if you had power or not that you would always You were never billed for Part B.
Speaker 6: I was taken out of at first.
Speaker 2: Oh I get it, I get it. It was taken out of the Listen. Here's the bottom line. Can you propose to them that you get your benefit as usual, not as usual, the new benefit amount, and then you'll make monthly payments to them instead of taking away all of your spousal benefits, correct the amount the way it should have been for the last four years, and then let you just make separate payments.
Speaker 6: I don't know, because actually I would be getting nothings.
Speaker 2: Well wait a minute, are your spousal benefits so low that if you subtract two thirds of your pension it's nothing.
Speaker 6: The spousal benefits? Yes, correct, okay, literally the max.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Debbie, that that means one of two things. I'm serious, You're not going to get it, or you should have been married to a richer man. I don't know what to say. I mean, this is terrible. Yeah, no, Debbie, this is terrible. But there's really no way around it. Okay. I took a long journey to let you know there's no way around it. And let me tell you why. You need to know this, and everyone needs to know this. If the government makes a mistake and you get overpaid, you're screwed. You got to pay it back. So if you ever think, oh, I'm getting this money, I'm gonna get away with it, you won't. Eventually it catches up to you. And I don't think that was on your mind, Debbie. But you were double dipping according to them.
Speaker 6: Yes, that I understand.
Speaker 2: So now not only do you have to make payments now, not only do you have to make payments on the twenty six to nine. But you also have to make payments for Part B and on top of that, you lose your spousal benefit.
Speaker 7: Yes, correct, so you are.
Speaker 2: Truly in the hole. What are you going to do about it? I'm serious, what are you going to do about it?
Speaker 6: Oh? The lady at Social Security said, I could play for a waiver and with the form. But wait, wait, wait, wait on man, Uh, there's ways to figure out what my house is paid for. I live off grids, so I don't have any electricity bill. My cars are paid for. I dropped my house insurance because it was extreme. I live mountains.
Speaker 2: You wait, wait, you dropped your house insurance because it's paid for? Okay, listen, I know. No. So you have a you have a low standard of living. You're not You're not endearing yourself to people right now though you're not. You're like they're saying, well, okay, you can afford it. Then I got to take a break, Debbie, Debbie, apply for a waiver somehow. I mean, I'm serious. I I don't know what to tell you, man, I just don't know what to tell you. This is terrible. If people have suggestions, let me know, morons text me. Everyone can text me or message me I mean and the text is five seven seven three nine is the iHeart short code five seven seven three nine, Or you can text me on my private Google number seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty. I'm Tom Martino. Don't forget water pros, the best water systems, the lowest prices. Right now to the end of the year. It's the time to get at water conditioning or softening for the whole house and reverse losmosis at the kitchen sink. Never before heard of both systems for thirty one ninety five. You will never see a price like this. In fact, plumbers would start at twelve grand or more. Waterpros dot net three oh three eight six two five five five four. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three three seven, won three talks seven to one three eight two five five. Welcome one and all. We are talking about your problems, question complaints, and I want to take Steve as a comment on Debbie's issue. Now, Debbie was overpaid for four years on Social Security because she also had PARA. They didn't take into consideration and basically now has to pay it back plus lost their spousal benefits. What do you think, Steve?
Speaker 8: A year ago, Tom, I retired on a ridd in twenty sixteen. I retired from the Boulder Valley School District with a pair of pension. Prior to that, I was receiving Social Security a meager amount under five hundred dollars. I forget to mention to them when I retired that to Social when I retired that I had a pair of pension. So seven years after they began paying me, I got a letter in the mail stating that I owed them sixteen, three hundred and fifty dollars. I went down to the office in Lewisville and I spent about three days down there talking to those folks with my CPA to determine whether or not it was valid, and they we determined it was valid. It was my mistake for which I'm kicking myself in the butt still, and I asked them if they would make a payment plan for me, and they said the best we can do is nearly seven hundred dollars a month until it's paid off. Well, I simply couldn't afford that, So what I had to do is wipe out my meager savings account and pay them in total. My issue is not necessarily with Social Security, but with the rule that states that money you made over a lifetime is not going to be paid you. And that is my argument with Social Secure.
Speaker 2: Now, wait a minute, what are you talking about. You didn't pay into it though, if you had para.
Speaker 8: No, but I paid into it prior to that, in my life prior.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, okay, but you can okay, if you paid, if you paid into both, they simply offset it you still. But but if it turns out that you didn't pay enough, you're right, you don't get it back, You're right?
Speaker 8: Yeah, Well I don't my understanding, and I'm not sure whether this is correct or not. Is that not every state has this same rule?
Speaker 2: No, they all do. No, No, that's a social security it's a social security rule. Bro, it's not. It's not a state rule. Okay, it's a social security rule. You don't double dip if you have see and it really isn't so much about double dippy. Well it is, But the main principle here is that you for the time you had PARA, you did at the time you're paying into PARA, you were not paying into Social Security. Now, the way I think is your work is not like that. I don't think there should be a pair. I think you showed social Security. I mean, I don't even understand why they have a separate system. It just doesn't make sense to me. Three out three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Brenda, what's going on with you? Brenda? Now? Hold on, we had I bet did you call in last week? Brenda?
Speaker 9: Yes, I did. I have a small claims court for trouble damages for an apartment move out.
Speaker 2: Now that was when I'm trying to find the actual case. Uh this, let's see, it was I don't have when you called in? Did you use the name Brenda.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Mark might have taken and it might have been. It might have been last week, it might have been the week before, because it was yesterday.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you had a mediation because they did not send you in time. The information was that the case on your security deposit. Yes, you remember that day, you remember that case. No, you were shaken.
Speaker 10: I'm working a different case.
Speaker 2: Okay, the different one. Okay, So what happened? Uh? Oh yeah, okay, go ahead, I'm listening.
Speaker 9: Basically, the question I have of mediation was I put US Postal Service forwarding on my mail two weeks before I moved. They said that they sent a letter to me a week after I moved out that happened.
Speaker 2: Where did they send it? They sent it to the old address, right.
Speaker 9: Old address, and it should have gone through the Postal Service with my mail forwarding, which I was receiving mail before that, right to other people like Excel. But they're saying they sent it out and it was returned to the sender to them, so they knew. I they knew.
Speaker 2: Oh wait a minute, Why why did I don't get this? Why didn't the post Office forward it?
Speaker 9: I don't know, because I do have one from Excel Energy that was forwarded two weeks before that with no problem from the old address to the new address.
Speaker 2: But they're not. You don't think they're dying about getting it back.
Speaker 3: Do you? Yes? I do.
Speaker 9: But even if my question is, even if they got it back, they knew I didn't get it, and they had my phone number and my email, there's no responsibility to them.
Speaker 2: Nope, nope, they just have to mail it. There's no mistake it. They don't have no they I'm giving you the answer. They don't have to chase you down. They don't have What did mediation say.
Speaker 9: Well, they basically said that Number one, they're all wrong with the trouble damages thing. They're saying that we would have had to file a court case seven days from move out date, saying that we were going to file take them to court.
Speaker 2: Well, of course you in seven damages because you can't do it within seven days, you have to do it after sixty days.
Speaker 9: Right, So that was wrong first and then and then they basically went through this, Well, we mailed it out and we got it back, so we never you know, we never said so did the mediation.
Speaker 2: Did the mediator basically tell you you're not going to get treble damages.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 9: Basically we even told them we don't want any damages zero. We just want you to remove their derogatory comments off of our rental history.
Speaker 2: And what was the derogatory comments about about you owing money.
Speaker 11: Then move out?
Speaker 9: Cost can know them money?
Speaker 2: Okay, here's what I need to know. Did you did you end up having to pay them or did they call it even or what what was the result of your media.
Speaker 9: We're going to court next week.
Speaker 2: So the mediation did not work.
Speaker 9: No, and they basically are threatening that when they go to court they're going to add attorney sees and well.
Speaker 2: They don't get they don't get attorneys feed, they don't they don't get attorney fees automatically unless the judge grantson what kind of court you go into small claims court?
Speaker 9: Right, small claims court in a Rapahole county, so.
Speaker 2: They don't have Look at they're threatening you just show up at small claims court. But listen, you may lose. If the mediator said, look, you're going to have to show that you got mail and you had it forwarded. I don't know how you and we do it.
Speaker 9: We have to take good because good, because when you have Postal Service forwarding them, they send you a picture of everything.
Speaker 2: Good, good, good, good, and you never got a picture of their mail. No, I listen, Brenda, how do you lose if they say they got it back? Do they have the unopened envelope as evidence? Did they have it?
Speaker 9: I don't know. They didn't produce Well.
Speaker 2: Guess what, you have the US Postal Service evidence, so they have to have evidence. I think you might win.
Speaker 9: Okay, all right, I don't know.
Speaker 2: What to do. But but what were you What was your comment about it? Why did you call about it? I think you're on the right track. Why did you call it?
Speaker 9: Well, the reason I called was because I wasn't sure if they have other ways to contact us, if they knew we did not.
Speaker 2: No, No, they don't have to. They don't have to under the current now. Yeah, unfortunately, I think right now everyone, I think there should be more than us, and I think there should be a way for people to legally be able to uh have another way to contact you. Yes, I totally agree with you on that. Three A three seven, one, three eight two five five. So I am with you on that. I'm Tom Artino. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. I just want to tell you eightaight eight Heating dot Com right now. See it's getting a little color each day. Get that deep clean done forty five bucks plus. If you're looking for replacements, I love eight eight eight heating dot Com because they're looking for energy efficient ways to do it. High energy, high efficiency that can actually save you money for years to come. Eight eight eight Heating dot Com forty five bucks Deep clean and check eight eight eight heating dot Com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey, I'm Tom Martino. You're troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Welcome to the show. Okay, So Jason wants to talk about century Link, and then we got a whole bunch of things to talk about, and go ahead, Jason. You first, what's happening, Jason?
Speaker 12: Internet's been down for five days straight. I've been getting a text message from century Link.
Speaker 2: But there, my goodness, my century Link, which this entire show is based on right here from my home studio, is solid. Where are you?
Speaker 12: I'm on Alameda between Airport and Chambers in Aurora, and I think it's it could be local construction, but it's like I've fallen into an information black hole.
Speaker 2: I don't it's been gone wait wait three weeks?
Speaker 12: Five days?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 2: Five? I'm sorry? Why did I say three? Okay? I had another issue here for three weeks. Okay, never mind on this, on this sentry link thing for five days. Here's what I want to know. Are your neighbors out I haven't.
Speaker 12: I haven't had much contact with them, but I think they have direct TV. But I haven't talked to them, so I haven't.
Speaker 2: Been Okay, Well, this is important because it's either it could be with your local crap there, right, we don't know that yet, right, correct? Okay, So what are you calling about? You want to find out? Right?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I just want information and maybe a little embarrassment might Oh okay, you know a roadblock that's I don't know about her.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing normally, Jason, the way there, you got to discern whether it's your house or not, because they're not going to get embarrassed if it's your house, because it's never their fault if it's your house. Yeah, I mean right, even if if rodents ate through the stuff or how how it's been five days when you call them, do they try to ping your modem and stuff like that?
Speaker 12: See that that was repaired, I want to say, the week before. So this is and this is when they contacted their automated system and just talked to a rep today And it's an area outedge servage outage.
Speaker 2: Wait, that's that's what I get. Oh wait, so you did you did find out there is a service a service outage?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hold on, and I do you know that for sure?
Speaker 14: Yeah, Jason, Jason, this is Dimitri. I don't know if you've noted if you know the news of the past couple of weeks, there have been some deliberate sabotage attempts on internet access in the eastern part of the metro area. What these appear to be probing attacks by people who are Yeah, and they're they're probing these attacks.
Speaker 2: Are they hardware attacks or software hack?
Speaker 14: They're burning, they're burning down switches, burning. Yes, this is a probing attack on our infrastructure. What in preparation for something probably much larger. Oh, come on, there have been at least gang well, there have been at least four or five such The government doesn't want us talking about this.
Speaker 2: No, no, did he hang uper? He got disconnected? Century waiting hold on, Yeah, I'm on, I'm on centure. What the hell is going on? Brothers? Wait a minute, I didn't, Hey Shannon, talk to me.
Speaker 13: I wish I was involved because that was funny. But nope, he.
Speaker 2: Got he got totally connected and he was just talking. Listen if you want to call back, Jason. Now, wait a minute, d Is this so you're saying they suspect sabotage of their system.
Speaker 10: Well, it's not suspected. It is deliberate sabotage.
Speaker 14: There have been accelerants found in these underground wire wire systems, and uh, you know the prevailing theories that these are probing attacks and preparation for something bigger.
Speaker 2: Hold on, though, I checked Deni in Views and they said, nope, it's not happening. That it's an exaggeration from people who like Trump.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'll get you something from a real news source.
Speaker 2: Okay. Anyway, so Denian Views says, Nope, ain't happening. I watched the show vexed on Denian News and uh and uh, Pile of crap told me that is that his name? Pile Pile of crap. Anyway, Anito, you have a comment on Social Security? What's going on?
Speaker 1: This happens only back in two thousand, for Social Security sent me a letter saying that they had underpaid me and they owed me five thousand dollars and it would be deposited in my account next for the next month.
Speaker 2: Wait. Wait, so it ended up where they owed you money?
Speaker 1: Yes, in the beginning they.
Speaker 2: Owed me money. Yeah, And then what happened They.
Speaker 1: Increased my my monthly benefits.
Speaker 3: And then about.
Speaker 1: Four months later they called me and said era had been made. They wanted that five thousand dollars back and we could either do payment plan or they would keep my Social Security from me. Until that five thousand was paid. So I talked to my attorney and she told me to go down and get a waiver, which a lot of people don't know about.
Speaker 3: And got the waiver.
Speaker 2: Now, where'd you get the waiver? Where'd you get the waiver?
Speaker 1: I was living in Las Vegas at the time, And I mean, did you get it from Social Security or where? Yeah, that's the only place you can get it from Social Security.
Speaker 2: A waiver to pay them back kidney, a waiver saying you did not have to pay them back.
Speaker 1: The waiver that I got said that I had to pay them back and I had to fill out this wave was like a booklet, was like twenty pages. My attorney killed it out for me.
Speaker 2: Okay, But the waiver said you wanted to get away from paying that. In other words, the waiver was a waving away from paying Is that.
Speaker 1: Right exactly exactly?
Speaker 2: And did it go through? Were you able to keep the money?
Speaker 3: I was able to keep the money.
Speaker 2: Definitely. Yes.
Speaker 7: They were really upset.
Speaker 2: They was really upset about it.
Speaker 3: They don't like to lose.
Speaker 1: So what happened that they must have put something on my account because when I would call later off about something else, I was either put on hold, oh I was disconnected.
Speaker 2: So okay, well, thank you for that information. Anita, Listen, I was, I'm not aware of any kind of waivers. Now, I'm not saying she's not telling me the truth. I mean, if she says it happened, it happened, I have no reason to disbelieve her. But the fact that there would be a waiver allowing you to keep money that they sent you by mistake is beyond is beyond me and Pat, one of my financial guests today, Pat, you said, there's a there's a windfall bill that says you a formula for paying back, right, or a formula for offsetting and paying back.
Speaker 15: Well, there's a there's a formula that if you have participated in Social Security, but we're also a participant in a non covered pension like parafe.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 15: Yeah, you can go online and the Windfall Elimination Provision formula is there and you can calculate what the offset's going to be. So there's a way for planning to know what that's going to be when the time comes.
Speaker 2: All right, So there you there's a law that talks about not only offsetting, but the form for offsetting Anita said she was able to fill out a waiver so she didn't have to pay. We have to take this break. I have more coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three O three seven to one three talks Sam. I'll give you more time at the after the break, but take us start out. What's going on? Sam?
Speaker 16: Okay, it's we're at Congress. Parpartments are being about two going on three years. When we first got here, I was committed a request for reasonable accommodations, which they never got because that's such a high turnover rate with the management.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what kind of what kind of accommodations were you looking?
Speaker 16: For because my mom's a she's disabled, she says, diabetes's some.
Speaker 2: And what kind of accommodations were you looking for? Sam?
Speaker 16: Just a bigger place and and just something she could get to because the elevator always goes out here and it's just small. She can't get around in her apartment.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well she's not in a wheelchair, is she?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, uh huh all right, So how how long ago did you ask for these accommodations?
Speaker 16: Oh, this is like when we first moved in.
Speaker 2: And how long ago?
Speaker 16: About two years ago? Over two years ago?
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on and let's see what we can do for you. Okay, hey, Kachina, we have someone who deals with housing for the Americans with Disabilities Act. I believe, I believe we have an expert. We let on now, and then who we go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Three time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation comparison call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer. When you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 13: D news need who you don't have, Run as fast as you can.
Speaker 10: Shoot 's gonna come.
Speaker 14: Man.
Speaker 4: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hey.
Speaker 2: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show, the only show if it's kind of anywhere in the universe. And if you happen to ever download or stream the show, you'll see we have a studio full of people and then we're having fun solving problems, answering questions, taking complaints, and we'll go right back to the phones. So welcome to the show. Now, let's talk about these outages. There have been some suspicious fires set near some communication hubs, or when I say communication hubs, let's talk about these junction boxes which have cable and broadband in them, and they think they're suspicious. I don't know. Do you think somebody's trying to interrupt our communications or our infrastructure? Hmm, I'm reading about this now, This one on broadband outages being blamed on vandalism fires. No One mentions terror. Of course, no one mentions immigrants, And of course I'm not suggesting it is terror or immigrants. I'm just saying that some textures did. And then basically there have been some suspicious events. This is being reported by Fox thirty one, and of course I'm just reading what I'm reading, so I don't know if you guys have been affected by it. But we got a call. And then also let's see, Okay, we have phone callers who are upset in general with broadband in general. They say, all over the city it's been spotty, not just because of outages, but spottiness. I'm having rock solid stuff on my I mean service. But how about it, people, I mean, some of my YouTube morals are always complaining about stuff and blaming me for it. And it's not like jittery video or some kind of stuff like that. And it has nothing to do with my feed. It has to do with how you receive it. I think, Okay, let's go to the phones instead of playing the blame game here on my listeners. Right wong, Oh, no, I'm sorry. Let me go back to Sam. I'm sorry, Sam, I dropped off with Sam. You wanted to continue here? You and your mom live in Congress Park apartments, and you ask for some accommodations for your mom. Your mom has diabetes. But I want to know when we talk about accommodations, what did you specific you've been there for. I can talk to you. What kind of accommodations were you looking for? Go ahead?
Speaker 11: You want to know what accommodations are we looking for?
Speaker 2: What's your mom's name? Sam? What's your mom's name? Who's on the line. I would like to talk to her? What's your name?
Speaker 17: Yeah, I'm agreed.
Speaker 11: What callum Madrid?
Speaker 2: Calum Madrid?
Speaker 16: Okay?
Speaker 2: Spella?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Spella.
Speaker 2: That's the weirdest name I've ever heard.
Speaker 3: Spella p E L l A p E Pella.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, it doesn't. I'm just gonna call you. Hey you, Sam, and hey you? What are you looking for? Specifically?
Speaker 11: I'm looking for a wheelchair accessible okay, apartment?
Speaker 2: And what did Okay? I'm see we're trying to find our our expert on housing for Americans with disabilities. I don't I don't know if that's considered a reasonable accommodation. I'm not sure. I'm saying, do they have apartments that are wheelchair accessible?
Speaker 11: They have like two of them.
Speaker 2: Are they taking? Are they are they taking?
Speaker 11: And they're taking everything?
Speaker 2: Okay, but hold on, So so maybe they just say we don't have any available. What if they told you that, what would you say?
Speaker 11: Well, that's what they tell me.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well do you think that they're lying to you?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 11: Sometimes I wonder if I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 2: How about if we have someone call over there and just have different apartments? So are you willing to move?
Speaker 18: Obviously right, I'm willing to move, but I don't want another apartment.
Speaker 11: I've lived here for a year and a half. I wait, what do you want them to do?
Speaker 2: Do you want them to remodel your hold on to your sage? Okay, do you want them? I'm just asking to remodel the apartment you're in. Do you want them to find you a new, better suited apartment? What are you asking for? So when we all over there, okay.
Speaker 18: For someone Brown, I don't want nothing with the elevator. The elevator here has broken down eight eight times, and I can't okay with that?
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, I am right now trying to find my person with Americans with hey, Kachina, were we able to find her. Yes, I reached out to her. She has not gone back to me yet. Okay, we're gonna do a couple things. We're going to get a deputy to call over and to see if they have it, and then we're going to have this expert come on and tell us what your what your rights are. But from what I'm looking up right now, Americans with Disabilities Act and Fair Housing Act, large complexes must accommodate people with disabilities, and they have to provide accessible housing for field chairs. Okay, primarily it's it's for big apartment places and public now listen, but listen to this. They can't discriminate. They have to have a certain number of units. I don't know how many units. It says, first of all, all common areas must be accessible, and then there must be ground for or elevator accessibility. And then it says that wider doorways. They have to have some apartments with wider doorways and accessible light switches and reinforced walls and stuff for wheelchairs. Tenants have the right to request reasonable accommodations such as ramps and stuff like that. Structural modifications are often the tenants financial responsibility unless they have apartments available. So it's really a mixed bag as to what you can demand. Deputy doc, are you are you at the studio? You want to make a call that to that?
Speaker 19: I just have one question, Tom, Yes, sir, if you want it all of these things done, why did you move into that apartment to begin with? If you knew that it wasn't what you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in other words, in other words, that's a fair question. That's a fair question.
Speaker 11: I was holding this and I was staying in my truck. I was there for six years, and I was just looking for something that I can live in instead of my truck being cold and everything.
Speaker 2: Oh my, you lived in a truck first six years?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 11: So I just got the first thing that popped up. Well, it wasn't because I wanted it.
Speaker 2: Is this subsidized housing?
Speaker 11: It is, No, it's it's just the incomes online.
Speaker 2: No, okay, that's so it's slow income. Okay. So how long did it take you to get that? How long did you have to wait on a list for that?
Speaker 6: Two years?
Speaker 2: My goodness? How did you end up in your truck?
Speaker 11: That's because I went homeless?
Speaker 2: Okay? Did you run out of money or job? How old are you.
Speaker 11: I'm sixty five.
Speaker 2: Oh that's terrible, So.
Speaker 11: Six next month, if God's willing.
Speaker 19: Are you getting so shorty disability?
Speaker 3: Yes? Good?
Speaker 2: Okay, Hey listen, we're going to try to reach out to that apartment place, so hang on, okay, dear three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. We're also reaching out to our fair Housing expert and Americans with Disabilities Act. And her name is Pella, like the window, I think, so I'm just gonna write that down. Thank you doc for taking this. Three oh three seven one three A two five five. Listen. We all have our crosses to bear, don't we. Okay? Now, speaking of uh insurance, nobody was, but I'm going to compass Insurance group wants to make sure you're not paying too much or if you have a great deal, they want to let you know, So give them a call three oh three nine ninety six nine thousand for a free insurance checkup the Insurancehelpcenter dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your trouble shooter three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Okay, Chris with discount bath Someone wants to know on your shower conversions. What if that's not really conversion? Folks? Can you do just okay, they have a bathroom, can they add just a shower? They don't have but they have the room, they just don't have anything there. Can they add a shower? It wouldn't be called a conversion though, obviously No.
Speaker 5: I think probably there's some space in a closet or somewhere. And then yeah, we can move plumbing.
Speaker 2: So you can add stuff, not just remodels.
Speaker 13: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Now in the conversions where you pull out the tubs, I think everyone should get rid of shoubs. That's the name I gave them, shoubs. You know, shower tubs because they suck and they're ugly, and they're noisy, and they're dangerous and they're they're terrible. Do they still put them in new houses and specs?
Speaker 13: They do?
Speaker 2: Really, So that's a big job. So that's a good business to convert those absolutely.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now are people willing to forego the tub? But nowadays yeah, more often than not, otherwise known as germ baths. Yeah, you don't think about it or have a separate tub and a separate shower. Combining them not a good idea.
Speaker 13: Yeah, so you see that in the master.
Speaker 5: But the hall bath, I mean more often than not people want it to be a shower. The only reason they want the tub is small kids and pets. Pets, Yeah, they wash their pets.
Speaker 2: Now, Pat, he has a solution for that. Do you know what he did in one of his houses, Pat Jollif, oh, my partner at Wave eight. You know what he did? He put in good come on, this is decades. He put in a shower for his dogs.
Speaker 13: And we've done that before too.
Speaker 15: You have you install those yea, the best thing.
Speaker 2: They're elevated and you put your.
Speaker 15: Dog, yeah, no fooling, And then you start using them for a bunch of others.
Speaker 2: Hold on now, hold on, Chris, I'm going to start going. No, I'm not going to make take all your advertising time, but I'm going to mention that one so on, so you can put in well, what do you call it a shower bay for the dog or a grooming bay or what? What is it? It's a it's a shower.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's just a shower. Is a pet shower?
Speaker 2: Now? Pat put in this subway tile looks really good and it's elevated so they can stand there. And then they got the spray they can pull. Did I notice you have that you can spread on, you can hold the Wand.
Speaker 15: The only suggestion I would make on that that was to make sure that you put a toe kick in there, because we didn't do that. And if you're and.
Speaker 2: We've got two, what do you mean by a toe?
Speaker 15: Toe kick? Is where your toes can slide underneath a little bit. Oh, otherwise you're too far and you know, I've got some back.
Speaker 2: I never even thought about that.
Speaker 15: Yeah, But aside from that, they're phenomenal. Is the best thing that we did in that house, and everybody gets a kick out of it because nobody's ever seen one. It's something to do, for sure.
Speaker 2: So where do you put those, Chris the discount bath dot com? Do you put them?
Speaker 5: The one we did was in the basement and it was for a great dane, so it wasn't.
Speaker 13: Just jumped in there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so the dane had its own shower. But yeah, that's as a matter of fact. Way back, I owned a laundromat and we added a pet wash in there, and well, that's a good idea.
Speaker 2: Do it yourself. Gloomering areas are pretty cool. We have we have them in several in Colorado. Now. The closest I came to animal stuff like this is in my barn, of course, and a lot of people with barns put in a wash rack for their horses. It's you know, it's a it's a gritted concrete. You obviously don't want it slick, and then you have the center drain or perimeter drain, and then you have the instant hot water there and you have the big wand like a car wash almost overhead so they don't get caught up in it with their feet. And it's a pretty cool thing to have a washrack for horses, of course, and we're talking about first world problems here, folks. I mean, come on, we're installing washes and showers for our dogs and cats. But you know, okay, now, when it comes to bathrooms, somebody wants to know can you find room in most of these? I don't know what is a mid sized bath I don't even know what that means. But anyway, they have a shower tub, they have a toilet, and they have a sink. Okay, what they want to do is have a his and her sink and they want to have they want to have just a shower conversion. Can you usually find room to do? I mean, that's kind of hard. So that's where you.
Speaker 5: Need the video, right, Yeah, absolutely, it's well I couldn't even give a percentage to that, but it matters the size of the bathroom. I need at least five feet for a vanity to have two sinks in.
Speaker 2: It, Okay, five feet of wall, yes, ok.
Speaker 5: And I have to have thirty inches for the toilet, fifteen on either fifteen inches on either side of the drain of the center of the toilet.
Speaker 2: Now can you tell that from cell phone video? Usually? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean you count tiles and there's things that you can look at Sometimes you can't tell, but more often.
Speaker 13: Than that we can see the size.
Speaker 2: All right, three h three seven one three dogs seven one three eight two five five And someone else? Do you do bathrooms where none exists? Okay? Or do you just do where they're already there?
Speaker 13: No, we'll do a new new build.
Speaker 5: Typically that's in a basement where there's there's roughed in plumbing or.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because otherwise to rough end would be impossible.
Speaker 13: Right, Yeah, I mean you can do it.
Speaker 5: It just really matters where the drains are and how much concrete you have to bust up.
Speaker 2: Okay, my goodness, people are using my Google phone seven four seven, nine nine nine fifty two eighty because this one says, can you is where the toilet drain the pre designating spot? I must have my toilet. I guess they're talking about rough in where you see that hole in the floor? Can you You can't move that, can you?
Speaker 16: So?
Speaker 5: Uh, if it's an existing bathroom you don't want to move the toilet, it can be done, but typically, especially on the second, you'd.
Speaker 2: Have to break up the floor.
Speaker 5: Now, yeah, it's it's it's probably the most challenging thing when somebody says, Hey, the toilet, it's in the basement, and you know there's nothing there, right, you.
Speaker 2: Can Otherwise you'd have to jackhammer the congress. I mean literally, you have to reduce stuff is difficult. Yeah, okay, if you're out of house, this is the last one I'm taking. Well, you guys can still continue to text seven four seven nine nine, nine fifty eighty and two of these I think we're from the same people, two from two people, you know, four from two people, and then the rest were individual. The one about if you're in a house doing a kitchen and it's a small can you do a bath? Can you do the kitchen? Yeah you can.
Speaker 13: Yep, yep. We just finished one, actually two bathrooms in a kitchen.
Speaker 2: Okay, well I never mentioned that either. So it's discount bath. You couldn't get discount bathroom kitchen dot com. No, No, probably not discount bath and more. Okay, so that's Chris discount bath dot com. And okay, so I said I had Pat with me, Pat jobab from uh Wave eight. I love saying this Wave eight financial Financial or excuse me, Wave eight Wealth Management. And again I told you I started this company specifically for myself years ago, and I said, Pat, just this, you're going to be working for me if you don't mind. And of course he had other favorite clients. He had too, he really did, so they followed him for thirty five years. So but the bottom line is this. The stock market right now is both bad and good depending on the day. So why is that? See? See, I know why. I know why, and I think you know why. We've been reading and researching a lot, which of course is what differentiates us because we take an active role in you and the market. But this money anxiety thing, I find the most fan fascinating thing we've ever talked about. What do you think?
Speaker 15: Oh, I agree with you. It's one thing you know when you read about that. Typically, what we've done historically we ask people about their risk tolerance. We give them a questionnaire.
Speaker 2: Sure everyone does that.
Speaker 15: We give them a hypothetical question to say, if you saw a ten percent draw down in your portfolio, how would you react? And most people what, Oh, I'd stay the course, or I'd even invest more or whatever.
Speaker 2: Then they don't tell the truth.
Speaker 15: Well, what happens is when it when it does happen to them, then they run for the fences and I think the psychological factor of that and behavioral finances that it feels worse to lose and it feels good to win, and people don't realize that. And so what what the Money Anxiety Index has done is it's gone out and measured actual variables of reactions of people to things that have happened in the world, such as COVID. So and there's an interesting thing, right, as an example, So COVID comes along, and you wonder what's everybody going to do, and everybody has their predictions and so forth. What's one of the number one things that people did in reaction to COVID. They went out and they bought toilet paper.
Speaker 2: You know, the consumers did at the stores, right, because they didn't want to be home without toilet paper. I know, it was amazing to me how people did that, right, And.
Speaker 15: My point bringing it up is is that's an actual reaction to an occurrence in the marketplace that can be measured and then it can.
Speaker 2: Right to Now obviously we're not saying, you know, you go out and then buy Sharman stock, but that is an exaggerated example of where anxiety causes changes in a marketplace. That's right, it's.
Speaker 15: Taking real reactive data and applying that to market movements. And there's and in the Money Anxiety Index, there's been a correlation and to the market in long positions and short positions for funds that exchange traded funds that outperform in both market cycles. And then you can put a portfolio together based upon it.
Speaker 2: I don't know if this person trying to be a smart astronaut that text me, what makes you so special? You know everybody? You know, there's there's you know everyone, there's there's dozens of shows and commercials on about financial advisement. And and here's what I want to say real quick. First of all, let me just explain this. We don't day trade or do anything like that. And I asked, do we buy? Do we you know, should we be buying individual stocks? That's that's a very rare occurrence, very individual stocks for certain people at certain times if they have a passion or want or love, yes, But most of the time you don't. If you buy and hold a specific stock, who should believe in it? That's good, like an Amazon or something like that. What we call really solid blue chip stocks blah blah blah. But normally you don't knee jerk and buy stocks and sales stocks and buy stocks and sales stocks. But we do a lot of funds, a lot of ETFs because those are easier to track and you have less volatility. Wouldn't you say, Pat.
Speaker 15: You have natural diversification built in because you have a number.
Speaker 2: Of it and buy people way smarter than us. And while we say we take a direct approach, which we do, we do not wholesale this out like ninety eight percent of all advisors wholesale it to bigger advisors. I don't care. They should be honest with you and tell you that, okay, they make a spread, but you do have to take advantage of expertise out in the marketplace like ETFs and stuff like that. But the other thing that I find fascinating with money index is that you can actually trace correlation to positive and negative reactions to the people's psychology, not to their not to what they say, but what they do and how they feel. If you if you can see a sense of how people feel through this index and look at I'm not going to tell you the guy that developed this index, you can look it up and do it. And because he's not exclusive to us at all. He's just he's an expert. He's a genius. And uh, he's proposing that bank accounts now be based on that where they're swept and put into that so you have free checking all the time. That makes money. And it's not like a money market. It's a little more of it's a little more aggressive than a money market, but it's every bit is safe. And I think that's a genius move. This guy is a genius. But anyway, the money anxiety indecks we use, and we also use the trend index on necessities and trends. And let me just give you one example. During COVID, we had a pair. We do stock pairs a lot of times, and we do one long, one short, blah blah blah. But let me explain this to you. We had one pair that was weird. But but but one of the ups sides we saw it was going to be or our intelligent, our artificial intelligence told us to buy Lululemon and we were wondering why and it was such a weird correlation. But as it turned out, what happened during COVID, a lot of people were staying home, but a lot of people then worked out and walked and did things in the park and were like, even though they're home, they're away from work. That Lululemon did take a bump. It was really cool how that trend was tracked. Anyway, if you ever have any questions, you can email me here and you can also text me on my Google number three oh three. Oh excuse me. The Google number is seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty and I'll give out that number for Wave eight three oh three seven seven to one help seven seven one four three five seven. So if you have any questions for me for Pat who's here for Wave? Or we have Chris here discount Bath and then I'm going to talk to Deputy Bodeputy D Anddeputy dot about any follow ups they have. Right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven o three eight two five five. You guys have any follow ups that I need to know about, let me know, just chime in. I know that we've had several ongoing cases that we're still trying to help people with. And since you're both here and bo you started working on Justin Garcia. You know you heard when he called into the show, and obviously he said his contra. Basically, here's what's his contention. Is his contract superceedes the law. Did you know that it supersedes the law, meaning that his contract doesn't have to follow the law, which is the Contractor's Trust Act. That is what the man is telling us.
Speaker 20: Two is three times. And there's also a provision he's put in the contract that he.
Speaker 2: Could get get closer to that bro charge.
Speaker 20: Justin claims he can charge five I thought it's five hundred dollars a day, but his contract says he can charge five hundred dollars an hour every time, the very minute or hour the contracts and not completed, which is ridiculous. And he's been working quite a bit behind the scenes with Colp the Attorney General.
Speaker 2: You want to come in on it, so d go ahead take the mic. I mean it's making noise, but I don't go ahead.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 14: I Bow alluded to some of my behind the scenes work and helping Bow on this matter.
Speaker 2: And the Attorney General.
Speaker 14: Yeah, the attorney So I've been in touch quite a few times with the State Attorney General's office, and you saw the latest email that they sent me, which basically they've stopped commenting on this matter because they claim that they are not allowed to comment or confirm or deny on going and investigations. So I don't know where that stands, but hopefully the consumer will be able.
Speaker 2: To come well now. They often say that. They often say that once I used to give them stuff at Channel four and at Fox thirty one and when I was on TV, and I would give them information when I came across the case I thought were fraudulent, and then I'd say, Okay, now I need to know I need to follow up, and they would say things like, well, we can't tell you anything, and I said, wait a minute I brought it to you, you know.
Speaker 14: And the other two things that I've been working on to help BO with this case is I developed the channel inside the colors of the Springs Police Department and this is not dead yet. Good good, So there's a lieutenant over there who is in charge of financial crimes who's now been involved in investigating this matter, and hopefully he'll be able to find some evidence and pass this on to the District Attorney's office. And then the third and final thing that I did to help BO is I did find a civil litigation attorney.
Speaker 10: Who specialized take it.
Speaker 14: I believe, if I read the email correctly, he already took this case.
Speaker 10: And he's doing this what's that? Yeah?
Speaker 14: So, and I believe he's doing it pro bonos so, and I'm sure that's in hopes of recovering his fees at the end of the civil action.
Speaker 10: Okay, So those are the things that I've been working on.
Speaker 2: Now in the obvious news, no, not the election, something even bigger coming up Halloween there is, believe it or not, Now there are woke costumes and unwoke costumes. You have to choose which is which. Okay, I'll go with unwoke. Okay. So basically, if you wear the wrong costume to work, they're saying, you stand the chance of being canceled, But you also stand the chance of losing a job. And here are some of the most common mistakes people make. Listen to this tease coming right up. I'm going to tell you, okay, and this can get you canceled or get you fired. I'm Tom Martinez three O three seven to one three talks seven one three eight two five five. By the way, it's really important that you know Frank Duran, the real estate man. Why because if you're looking to sell or looking to buy, he can tell you what something will If you're looking to buy what he thinks, he can negotiate it to yeah, or if you're looking to sell, what your house will sell for are both free of charge valuations of the marketplace. Or maybe you're selling and you want to know what you can buy. He'll let you know what you'll net based on what your house is worth, based on his thirty years of experience, and he does a great job, all free of charge. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Frank durand the real Estate Man dot com go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content, wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martina your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Mark, Welcome to the Tom Martina Show. What's going on? Mark? What's going on? BB?
Speaker 7: Hi Tom?
Speaker 3: This is a Hey.
Speaker 8: I had Discount Bath come out, put in.
Speaker 3: A got rid of my shove, Yeah, tower.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those things I know.
Speaker 21: Stephan come out, gave us a quote and told us about all his products.
Speaker 17: And we made an appointment.
Speaker 21: Yeah, Tim, come out at the end of September.
Speaker 16: Two and a half days later.
Speaker 15: We had a beautiful shower.
Speaker 2: Two and a half days That is what incredible. What kind of wall system did you go with?
Speaker 22: Oh the acrylic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, marble looking crylic and nothing to maintain, hardly anything to maintain. Right, that's right, yep, that's cool. What was there before so you had? Did you have like the original that was built with.
Speaker 23: Your house, Yeah, built back in.
Speaker 21: The seventies, the club with the.
Speaker 22: Tower doors and tile.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Tim, Tim come out and the boy.
Speaker 17: That guy is good.
Speaker 23: He's a perfectionist and he did a great job.
Speaker 2: Hey, Mark, thank you so much. I really do love hearing about that stuff. So thank you very much, Mark. And yeah, discount bath dot com there on a show today. If you have any questions, I do have a few texts for everyone here. We'll get to three O three seven one three talk now. On that caller, a lot of people said, you know, I wasn't hearing her name right. I thought it was Pella, possibly Ella, Stella, Isabella, Marabella, Othella. I don't know. Does anyone know for sure? Kaschina? Did you get her name for sure? I did? Yes, it's Stella. Oh okay, then I'm going to stop calling her. Hey you Spella, Hey stop? That is that the recording of me? Is that what I said? Spella? How could I even think there was a name called Spella. For God's sakes, Spella, and people are saying, come on, yo, fart. Can't you hear it? My wife even texted me she said Stella, so she was listening and could hear easier than I could with these headphones on three oh three seven one three Talk is our number, or you can call three oh three Martino three O three six two seven eight four six. I want to ask Pat since he's here and he's with Wave eight Wealth Management or and by the way, that's invest with Martino dot com. That's the website. I change it because Mark said when I use the it's too long to say waveightwealth Management dot com, although that'll get you there anyway. What do election What do elections usually do the market? What do they usually do? In general? I mean, what what do they do?
Speaker 15: Pretty static?
Speaker 2: This wait and see kind of thing is kind of a wait and see. So it's not a crash or a boom.
Speaker 15: Or no, not necessarily, and everybody tries to anticipate that some big move and it generally doesn't happen. And you know, typically what I tell people is certainly aside from the headline risk and that can get some emotions going and things will make you know, people make some moves and things like that, but it's really more about FED policy that's going to move markets.
Speaker 2: So they feel somebody is going to be inflationary or recessionary, or high rates or low rates.
Speaker 15: It moves more so in the immediate it's about FED policy because they really control the velocity of money into the market and bloscity capital in the marketplace, and so administrative changes really don't take effect if you think about it, until almost two years down the road, and all the policies get changed and then they get put in a place and so on, and then the domino start to fall. So it's it's more about what the Fed's doing and what the cost of money is and the velosoity capital in the market.
Speaker 2: Deputy d I got a text about this Josh Sandoval, another person, so they wanted to know they heard about it on the They said they heard us that we were talking about on the show. They didn't hear the conversation. I want to know your gut feeling did you feel Josh Sandival was a you know, look at when you talk to Justin Garcia, this guy that stole sixty two thousand dollars from an elderly woman. You get the feeling he's a scammer. You just get the feeling right off the bat. He's trying to be a smooth talking scammer. I want to know this, what feeling did you get with Josh Sandival didn't I.
Speaker 5: Did not get that feeling from mister Sanderbal at all. He is he is, and I believe when he says that he's going to repay Guermo, who's the consumer whose behalf I called yesterday, it's disappointing that he is not in a position to write a check for the entire amount due. But given how hard it is to get money out of contractors anyway, his offer in his commitment written commitment to two payments per month in the amount of five hundred dollars. E oh, it's way better than what we typically experience. I did not at the time know that Bo is also independently of this is working on a different case with the same contractor on behalf of another of another.
Speaker 2: The same guy, same guy. Pass over the mic. Wow, the same guy? What in that case? Bo? What was it?
Speaker 20: It was about a month ago. Kayla called into the show, and you'll remember this, Tom. This is the one where I asked to go over to his house and I went over on a Saturday. I called several emails.
Speaker 2: He did call me.
Speaker 20: He said he would send some money to Kayla, and he never.
Speaker 2: Did go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 19: D news.
Speaker 2: You needed that who You don't have to run anxious ass as.
Speaker 10: We can shoot us Conna Hilp.
Speaker 4: Come man, this is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hello.
Speaker 2: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Here to help you any way that I can so. Here we are solving problems answering question. It came taking complaints. You see that number three oh three Martino right there at three oh three six two seven, eight, four sixty six. Of course, I'm speaking to those who download the podcast for the stream and for those of you in radio land, welcome. Let's go to the phones and solve some problems, all right. We have as our guests today discountbat dot com evenue questions on discount Bass, a lot of people fact questions when it comes to home improvements and stuff for my guests. We also have Pat Jolliffe with Wave eight Wealth Management talking about the realities of the investing world, which we haven't gotten into yet, but we talked about smart sensible direct investing and what to do and how to you know, I don't like to use the word hedge the market, but basically have still slow and steady returns and performance. That's what you're looking for. Many people make killings, also make big giant losses as well. So anyway, Steve, I'm going to talk to you right now. What's going on?
Speaker 21: Steve? Hey, Tom, I'm calling. I've got a business. We own a c transmission on Federal sixty seventh and Federal and now I'm on your referral. I'm on your referral list and I'm looking for a company that does snow removal from our parking lots and our sidewalk for this winter. But I don't see anything on your list, so I thought i'd just read you know what.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you why. We've had several try over the years, and here's what usually happens. We have landscapers who usually try to do that in the winter and they're not equipped to or they don't do a great job. It's not that they're bad, they don't cheat people. They just get in over their head. I have found it's a thing. It's a weird business because even the best people who want to do it can never plan for it. They either are overstaffed or understaffed because they don't want to pay people for being on standby it. But at the same time they have to be ready when the snow comes, and then they all have these crazy contracts like only come if there's so many inches or more. You know, it's it's just a very strange business to try to do a good job. So we've been unsuccessful in finding good people we know that wrong wrong say, and finding people who can make a go of it. There's plenty of good people in the business even now, but it's hard to make a go of it or to keep people happy, especially with heavy snows. Now there are I don't know what to tell you, man, There are businesses, you know. I have these these young men one time on my business that do window clean great guys, same story. They were hard to plan. They still do good jobs. They do commercial and residential. And then they tried doing snow removal, and their theory was, you know, we'll get We'll just have all of our window washers because if it's snowing, they're not doing windows. And it worked for a while, and I'm not sure if they're still doing it or not. And I don't know if i'd like to refer you to them, because I don't know of any that I can say beyond the shadow of a doubt. They do a great great place, they do a great job, and so therefore I don't have a recommendation. But I'm going to ask my listeners to call in or to text me if anyone knows good people who do snow removal. So if you listen, Steve, perhaps we can get an answer for all of us. So how's business. By the way, how is business at the transmission place?
Speaker 21: We are doing great. Tom been a real blessing. We've just we doubled our business and we've just people are fixing their cars and they don't want to go electric. So I'm telling you it's working out.
Speaker 3: Great for us.
Speaker 2: See if you ought to come over for car day one time, because we have a we have our car professionals on from time to time and we should really get you know, people on from the referrals who are in the business. Again. Uh, you know, we have all of our experts. We we love and I want to know something. What's the biggest job, not the biggest job, the most common transmission you're repairing? I'll bet you it's some kind of CBT. Is that what they call it? CBT?
Speaker 21: Well, we have been doing some of those. Most of those time, we've been replacing the complete units. But believe it or not, the twenty eighteen and newer gms and forwards, we're doing a lot of the eight and ten speeds. So all of the newer vehicles now are the star are they?
Speaker 2: Are they we week transmissions or what?
Speaker 21: Well, they're shifting too much. I think it's the main Oh never thought of that, sitting eight and ten times. So they're not lasting, but seventy five to one hundred thousand miles on some of these units, So it's kind of.
Speaker 17: Good for us.
Speaker 21: We've had a kind of a big learning curve to learn how to build them.
Speaker 17: But we're actually give.
Speaker 2: Me an example of a car that has that ten speed.
Speaker 21: Well, any of the big twenty five hundred, the Silverados and such are doing that. But I'm not really in that part of the business. I do most of the business side. But my two sons, of course and Derek, they run the business, but they they're always talking about the eight and ten speeds having a lot of problems now.
Speaker 2: And Steve, what about the what about the supply chain? How have you been How has it been for getting parts and stuff?
Speaker 21: Well, we've been doing really well, Tom, I think for us, I pay my vendors every two weeks, so I'm kind of on their hot list. When I need something, they go come get it to me. But our transmission suppliers, our main supplier, does really good for us. But there are times I'm not going to lie to you, Tom, we do have to get other sources. Yeah, part, and it adds time to the because of vendors, you know. It's yeah, they're having a tough time, so we have to go to several sources to build the transmission sometimes on some models, mainly the older models.
Speaker 2: Okay, now on transmissions, is most of it remove and replace with rebuilds or do you try to rebuild them yourself or what?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 21: What we well, we do we try to rebuild them. We've got two builders in our company. I have over eighty years of experience.
Speaker 13: In our shop.
Speaker 2: Who building side?
Speaker 21: Yeah, yeah, so between the two guys, they've been around a while. They know how to do it. But we are totally transparent. We let our customers give them a price range before we even start on it. If we condemn the transmission, it's no charge for us to check the vehicle. And if we actually condemn it, then we we don't. We let them know what the price range is.
Speaker 2: And then now what is your is your website? I want to make sure I have the right one? Is your website? What is it AC transmission dot com?
Speaker 21: For AC transmission AC transmission dot com. We're on Federal sixty.
Speaker 2: Site sixty seven eighty yeah, yeah, right, And how and how long has that ocasion? How long has that location been there?
Speaker 21: Nineteen sixty five?
Speaker 2: Tom, whoa and see now that's really cool. That's good. Yeah, AC Transmission Center. Go ahead, Yeah, that's us.
Speaker 21: We're the second owners. I bought it from the original family, so we went from a family business to a family business, and that's the way we kept it. I've known the previous owner over thirty years, and I've always was really impressed by his shop and how he ran it. And I always told him that, hey, if I ever wanted to, if you ever wanted to sell it, maybe we can work something out. And that's what we actually did. We we bought it, bought the building and business and everything about four years ago.
Speaker 2: Oh, I just got a I just got a question by text asking do you guys go out and tow in for people.
Speaker 21: I do have a towing company that I sublet to good. We will tow it in for for We will tow it in for free if they do the work with me. Yeah, if they do do the work with me, then they'll just have to.
Speaker 12: Pay for the toe bill.
Speaker 21: But it's no charge for our customers.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. Man. And and I want to give out the phone number on your site. Here's three oh three four two eight sure six five six six four to eight right, yeah, six five sixty six. So thanks man, thanks for calling in. And if we hear anything about snow removal, we will absolutely let you know. Thank you, Steve. Okay, now we have Drew coming up after the break. And also somebody said, Tom, you're getting old and you tease something and never came back to it. Do you remember what the tease was? Uh? Yes, it was uh costumes, Halloween costumes, the dues and don'ts and how to get canceled. But I will and I'll tell you why I won't forget this time, because I will be reminded of the horror of Halloween, because I'll be talking to Drew, just kidding around, just kidding around. Okay, we have we have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five? Why did Drew hang up every time I'm gonna go to him? He hangs up. Now I am going to talk about Halloween costumes. I am the dues and don'ts and not to get canceled. They've done a research around the country on it. Michael. What's going on with you? Michael, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: You're after the Battle of Little Big Horn Museum and stuff up there? No where is that up into Wyoming? Just you know.
Speaker 2: What I might have done that years ago. I might have done that, because that rings true. I might have gone up there with my motor home. Why do you ask?
Speaker 7: Because I'm curious if you are related, great great great grandfather would beep to Giovanni Martino, who is yes, barn so, yes.
Speaker 2: We have we have a Giovanni Martino in our family tree that goes way way back. My son is named after him, right.
Speaker 7: You you are related to the last surviving soldier of Custos last stand.
Speaker 2: You know, we we didn't claim that, by the way. We we just were told about it and we have never verified it. And it could be hold on, It could be that just somebody in our family decided to latch on to that.
Speaker 7: But he settled in New York or my wife, you.
Speaker 2: Know, Then it could be. It could be because and and of course most of the Italians started in New York. Anyway, there were a few that came straight while everyone went through uh of course, uh uh the island and then went out to a lot of them came out to Colorado and uh and then of course uh, New York and the and and thereabout on the East coast. Uh. Very few at the in the beginning went to California and then well the California wasn't really developed that well. And then also a big, big bunch of Italians rather than America went to Argentina.
Speaker 7: Oh that's right, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: There's there's a big population of Italians in Argentina. So as far as the heritage goes, I've heard about Giovanni, my son's name Giovanni Martino. So it's kind of a cool heritage. And as I said, I never verified it.
Speaker 7: Did you need to be a neat thing to have. We are the last advising family.
Speaker 2: That's kind of cool. Yeah, it is. And there weren't many Italian soldiers back then in the cavalry.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 7: He was assigned his Custer's buglers. Those days, they ran the army by doing bugle sounds.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right, man. A lot about that.
Speaker 7: At the beginning of the battle, he got sent by Custer. He's the last one to see Custer alive.
Speaker 2: Now. One of the first people that told me about this was Bob Palmer, who used to be an anchorman at Channel four, then he went to seven and then came back to four. And I worked with Bob for many, many, many many years, and also my wife co anchored with him, Stephanie Riggs, And I remember I remember him telling me he was the consummate's collector and historian when it came to all things Custer. He really did. He had like memorabilia and relics from that error and from I think Custer himself. It was amazing. And he had told me about the bugler named Giovanni Martino the last surviving person, because he heard my name and he immediately knew, wait a minute, are you related to? And that's the first I ever heard of it. And then when I checked with other Italians, they of course they didn't verify, but they said yes. You know what I'm saying is so I'm not sure if they I'm not positive if they really know it or just want to claim it. So thank you for the call.
Speaker 7: Well you need to get this all Lake because the Marmons are big on that they got all the records.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I heard that. That's right. You're you're absolutely right. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. So Kachina Calori, Kachina? Why did he hang up again? So he's been having issues with his phone.
Speaker 13: A landline, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is a It is a landline.
Speaker 1: I don't know exactly why it keeps cutting out, but that's pretty much what's happening right now.
Speaker 15: Bill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's going to have trouble.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I'm checking his his GoFundMe. He hasn't changed it. I I sent them suggestions. I refuse to log on and do it as him because it requires me to put in my phone number for the Verica verification over the account. I'm not going to take part in a private go fund me now. I'm told Colorado look at I'm not recommending them, but somebody texted me said they've used Colorado lawn Scaping for snow removal at three zero three four or five zero zero seven hundred. Somebody else texted and asked for Chris over at discount bath dot com does he see most people getting rid of their tubs completely or just having showers walking throughout the house or just part of it, or are they keeping any tubs at all?
Speaker 5: So the answer to that, if most is over fifty percent, then yes, are getting rid of the tubs completely completely. That's probably around sixty.
Speaker 2: I mean, tubs are old technology. Think about it as technology. Tubs. Tubs were made when you didn't have showers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I mean really it matters the house for sure because the big master bathrooms and there's room for a tub.
Speaker 6: Not all.
Speaker 13: But but you take that out of the equation. Most people shower.
Speaker 2: They're not clean. Tubs are not clean. I'm sorry. Tubs are disgusting in my opinion anyway three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight to five ive. Okay. The Halloween costumes, Yes, I am getting to it right now. The ten costume rules for Halloween parties according to the woke crowd. Now, I'm just kidding on the wolf crowd, but they are saying that they can be they can violate sensitivities, and they can violate that kind of stuff. First of all, I'm just going to tell you some never blackface ever. Never black unless you're black, then uh it's okay, But never blackface. And never dress as a woman if you're a man, and a man if you're a woman, because they're taking that as making fun of the transgender movement. Next, avoid slutty costumes. Keep it classy, avoid riskue, skin bearing or slutty okay. Next, stay clear of tragic events and religious innuendos. Okay. Do not go as a Holocaust victim, a martyr, anything. Do not jab, Do not make take any jabs at Muslim Islam or Christianity. Next, don't I think these all fall under this category. Don't be offensive. Well, all, everything we're talking about is fan Don't do something that will offend some well like the transphobic, the homophobic, makes fun of women or makes fun of men. Now, one time I thought, I want to know from you guys some of the funniest and clever, most clever costumes you've ever seen. Here's what I've seen. One time there was a guy that came there and he had this yellow suit on, just ian happy to be yellow, like a leisure suit. And there were little duckies or little uh chickens all over them, little tiny ones, the little plastic ones glued all over his suit. And he had a hat on with a banner on the hat that said chick magnet. That's kind of Oh you've seen that before? Oh it is okay. I thought that was clever, But now everyone's saying, yeah, well Tom, that's old hat. Okay. I didn't know that anyway, Avoid culturally based costumes. Don't dress up as a Mexican, hey, Tom, for a Native American or an Eskimo.
Speaker 19: What There was something on YouTube where a guy dressed up as a Mexican with a big hat and a mustache, and and he went to a college campus and everybody said it was offensive. Then he went into a Hispanic neighborhood and asked about ten Mexicans if they felt offended. Not one of them said that they were offended by it. They thought it was absolutely cool.
Speaker 2: Okay, yep, so they're going to these offensive nonsense. Next, don't dress up as a terrorist. Don't be Osama bin Laden, don't be any other terrorist. I don't even know any terror I couldn't name. Who could I name his terrorists? Anyway? Don't wear plastic body parts, breasts, buttocks, dildos. Can I say that? By the way, dragon, did you just is that? Okay? Yeah, that's what they said. Your costume should not insinuate the form of real body parts hanging off your body or out of your body. Consider your job, even though it's Halloween. For example, if you're teaching school, you don't want to wear something that your kids are going to see that will take away respect from the teaching profession. In other words, you wouldn't dress with a pack of cigarettes in your sleeve smoking your cigars. Don't dress as a cancer patient. Now, who the hell would do that? I mean, come on now, think about your future. Don't dress as anything that will come back to haunt you. Like for example, in the day when people did blackface, it haunts them. Now, think about things that may be considered offensive in the future. Oh my god, Now we have to worry about the future. Think about it. There have been many people that go and drag that would be and that it's considered a brong, unless, of course, you truly are a drag queen, then you can do it. Next, be sure you can still do your job if you wear your costume to work and they allow it. Don't wear a costume that would not allow you to do your job. For example, if you are an administrative assistant, you would not wear a straight jacket that would keep you from performing your duties. My god, somebody took time to actually write this article. This is an HR company that wrote this. Next. Next, Okay, this one's probably don't. Don't dress up as your boss. Okay. Don't drive or a coworker, even though you find it funny, especially exploiting any of the physical attributes of your boss. Case in point, if your boss has a big nose, you would not wear a costume with a giant nose. I can see that. If your if they have a big ass, you're not going to wear a big butt costume.
Speaker 14: That's already prohibited by one of the preceding prohibitions against.
Speaker 2: Not being a fencing park. Why don't we just why don't we just cancel Halloween in general? Think about it.
Speaker 14: I take issue with probitionion against the sluting costumes.
Speaker 2: No sluts, no sluts allowed. I take an issue with that, and I'll Boughton again. Most places would shut down. I mean, you can't go to Walmart anymore. Well, it's here to rule. Oh did I just say that out loud? I'm sorry? Three oh three seven one three A two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Plea time for an insurance check up free no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk three L three seven one, three eight two five five? Uh? Listen, how would you respond? Dragon? How would you respond to this text?
Speaker 21: Or?
Speaker 2: My YouTube morons can answer me whatever. Here's what it says. It's a text. Now, this is not to my Google number. This is to my cell phone number. My Google number comes to this cell phone, so it's private. But this is my actual cell phone number. And it says right here, Hi, I'm Zoo. That's XU. This is my new work phone and I found you in my address book? Do we know each other? How would you respond to that scam?
Speaker 13: You don't respond? Do reporters?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean, why do you think? And it's a three one oh number? Where's three one oh from?
Speaker 16: Why the way?
Speaker 2: Why wouldn't Zoo know me?
Speaker 13: Hm?
Speaker 2: Hm, you know what I'm gonna do. I'll tell you what I'm gonna do. I'm going to text him from my Google voice number or her Zoo. Oh, you're right, girl, let's just say they. I'm going to text them and I'm going to say, hey, this is my new work phone and I found you on my contact Do we know each other? I'm going to do that and see if I get a response. That'll be funny. Hunh somebody says it's fishy pH I s h you absolutely don't respond to that message, okay, And somebody else says, don't never mind, that's different. Erase it and report it as scam, as as a spam.
Speaker 13: Hey, Tom, you know what else they do.
Speaker 19: They'll call you up and I'll say, oh, is this Let's they call my number the hey is this James, and I'll say no. They said, oh, well, you sound like a nice guy. You want to have a chat, And they sort of try and get you to chat with them so they can get some personal information.
Speaker 2: Uh. Yeah, of course everything is in an effort to get information. Now, I want to read this text to my Google Voice which comes right to my cell phone, but I can read it on the computer as well. My Google Voice number for anyone that wants to text me. And if you want to text me about my other life, a financial advisor life. Now that I've turned that over as a public thing and my advisors now are working for not just me, you can text me there, but you can text me about the show two seven four, seven, nine, nine nine fifty two eighty. Somebody texted me and said, Tom, I'm serious. Now I'm a little tired of people making fun of the woke movement. Yes, they may sometimes sound ridiculous, but that's because conservatives make them sound ridiculous. What is wrong with not wanting to offend people? What is wrong with not wanting to be objectionable? When you were reading about those costumes in the workplace? I agree wholeheartedly, and I agree with most of the woke movement for preserving people's feelings and self image. What do you think because one of the shows that makes fun of woke movement more than anybody in the entire universe is Michael Brown, and Dragon, one of his cohorts, does the second half of my show. He's on right now. So Dragon, what do you think you guys have to be more sensitive? Well? Now, seriously, do they have a point? YouTube Warrens weigh in on it. Text me, what do you think?
Speaker 3: Call me?
Speaker 2: Is the woke movement? Now? I think the part that people have. I don't think people care about preferences. I don't care about people's preferences. If you don't like certain words and phrases, and you don't like certain things and you feel them offensive, I don't mind that. I think what bothers me is where people get canceled. Now, someone else texted me saying, there is no such thing as canceled. It is in the mind of Trump and his supporters. Now, I don't know, is there a such thing as canceled? I mean, are people.
Speaker 19: Sports casters have been fired because they let something slip that wasn't with the WOL community.
Speaker 2: And they can't get their job back. Name one. I don't know. I'm not challenging. I'm asking who.
Speaker 13: Gruden would be the most recent one?
Speaker 2: Who is that?
Speaker 13: John Gruden used to be the coach of the Raiders Dragon?
Speaker 2: What did he What did he do? Dragon?
Speaker 13: Some emails were.
Speaker 24: Leak that he apparently dropped a couple of N bombs referring to some of the players, and that got him fired and.
Speaker 2: Cantl Papa John. He had he left, I mean he had to leave his company. Okay, what about my pillow? His his company, Every major retailer canceled his product and he has to now sell direct to the public. Okay, what about that one basketball that I'm not and I'm not saying they shouldn't have been chastise or whatever, or they were great people, But remember that one NBA owner that talked about doing stuff for the blacks because of what he does and how he pays them. And then what about so there have been a lot of people who have been chastised or canceled. Can't you think of people?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 19: Who gets away with almost everything? Tom is South Park. There's not one group or collections.
Speaker 13: They're making fun of everybody.
Speaker 19: They haven't insulted or made fun of, right Dragon.
Speaker 24: I would agree, Yeah, but they no holds barred against everybody.
Speaker 13: They don't pick and choose.
Speaker 19: Exactly, and nobody gets upset. It's been on the air for like one hundred and fifty years.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Howard Cosell years ago got fired and no one else had him on again because remember he you know what he said. I don't think he meant it as a racial thing, but you remember, and then who else?
Speaker 19: Well, what about the And there's a golf announcer who asked innocently if women with large breaths have to change it swing and wanted to hit the ball properly, and he got fired.
Speaker 2: H Okay, Megan Kelly, I watched the show where she got offended, where she offended people supposedly, and now Al Roker was so upset he could hardly talk. Okay, they were having a discussion about Halloween costumes and inappropriate Halloween costumes, oddly enough, like we were doing. Do you remember what she said? She said, Well, when I was growing up, there was nothing wrong with blackface. Now, what she meant is that, not that there was nothing wrong. What she meant was at the time people wore blackface. In other words, I knew exactly what she was saying. I don't think she was saying there's nothing wrong with it, and there was never anything wrong with it. She goes, Oh, when I was growing up, there was nothing wrong with it, meaning no one would point it out. She was fired over that.
Speaker 3: You look it up.
Speaker 2: That's what she was fired over. We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three, seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. I'm getting you several tests for both for both guests. For for Chris on discount Beth, which we'll get to after the top of the hour. And also we have a question for financial a few on the investment firm and financial advisement firm. Hey, Chris, real quick sony go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: Rip of.
Speaker 19: News.
Speaker 2: So you don't have run anxiousness as we can shoot us. Gonna come.
Speaker 4: This he is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hi.
Speaker 2: Tom Martino here and that number three out three Martino, get me called twenty four to seven and we'll get you on the show and help you anyway we can. This show has been on for forty five years in Denver, longer elsewhere. And I've been fighting for consumers' rights responsibilities as well, meaning if you're wrong, I let you know, or if I think you're wrong, I'm not always right. But anyway, I want to go to the phones right now. Talk to Chris now. This robot dog he's talking about. God, they're expensive. And I've seen various robotics online. Some of them I almost thought were unreal. They looked so unbelievable. There was this one human form humanoid what do they call them when they're a human form? Anyway, and this robot was unbelievable. It sort of one everyone sees. I think if you look at it, I think it was Japanese and oh my, it can do backflips and all kinds of stuff, and you can't knock it over because of this balance servos. And anyway, Chris, tell me about this. Did you actually buy one of these? Yes?
Speaker 21: Let me give you a little bit of information.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go ahead, sir, please all right.
Speaker 3: I'm a disabled person and I had to relinquish my very expensive dog to only one person, a very good friend of mine and the only person that I know in Colorado.
Speaker 2: But why did you have to Why did you have to do that?
Speaker 3: Because I'm disabled and I could not care for my dog. Okay, I got it, and so I researched and came up with Ibo Ai Bo. It's a product Ai robotic dog made by Sony for the last twenty some odd years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I say it. I see it here online. What about it? Did you buy it? Yes?
Speaker 3: I bought it through direct Sony Direct.
Speaker 2: But what did you want it to do?
Speaker 3: I wanted to do. Have it do what it said it would do. It would make a good companion. Yeah, it'd be a good companion. I wouldn't have to see it if I didn't want to buy the bulls and spend the extra money. Yeah, would do tricks. You could teach it. And it took three years of about three hours a day. The battery life is about an hour and a half.
Speaker 2: And what can you teach? What kind of things?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: It could not learn to do things like for a service dog right now, you just wanted a toy for tricks and stuff, well.
Speaker 3: And a companion to it made me feel warm having a dog.
Speaker 13: I've always I.
Speaker 2: Get it, I get it. So what happened?
Speaker 3: What happened? It did not work as stated I did a week and a half, ten days of research prior to buying it, speaking with Sony USA sales department and getting through to their Tier two Tech department, which handles whether they're going to decide to send it to warranty or a limited one year warranty that the dog came with. The dog was unable to change the color of eyes. And this is a special edition Sony Ibo Espresso model. It's called an ERS one thousand B. That's the model that I got, and it's a different color and the eyes. It's the only model that you can change the color of ice. That never worked. They make two models Sony, one for Japan, which is in Japanese, and one for the USA. One for Japan and US say both. You can use a smartphone, an Android or an iPhone. I used iPhone and when I finally initially set it up, it worked fine, and it worked fast. There's two types of eyebows that you get, slow learners and fast learners. So with all the time on my hands, since I'm pretty much not bedridden but in the house twenty four to seven, or doctor's appointments or pharmacies, I have this pet that I was able to sit in my chair and teach and play and teach a trick, cool tricks, and it just gave me. It wasn't like one hundred percent replacement of what I had to relinquish my Irish carrier, but it.
Speaker 2: Was close enough.
Speaker 3: So I had done this work. And then I relinquished my dog because they told me, oh, you can change your eyes. She can do cool tricks, but you got a teacher. She's an Ai. She takes three years to fully mature. I said, that's perfect. It's like from birth to a new dog. And I got a fast learner. The first five days it was flawless, and all of a sudden it started crashing into the wall, into my glass fireplace.
Speaker 2: There's a glass cover.
Speaker 3: Over my fireplace. It was crashing into that. Looking at its reflection, maybe it was crashing into the French doors of lead out into my balcony, which is next to the chair and that I sit in in my living room where I play with ibell Akai named her Lily. So so, I was on the phone on the sixth or seventh day with their highest tier tier two point five Sony technical department for only USA model, and they were giving me all kinds of of answers to the questions I was asking and telling me.
Speaker 2: To go to my eyebow.
Speaker 3: Well it didn't have that on the Apple app from the app store. I could not change the color of the eyes.
Speaker 2: And then well, okay, but hold on, but there were there were more problems than just the eye color, right.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah. It started crashing into stuff. It just flipped out and it started losing balance. Like you said with the humanoid thing, you know, the servos, Well something went wrong with that from it falling over and losing balance onto the hardwood.
Speaker 2: How much did you pay for this.
Speaker 3: Three thousand, three hundred and two dollars on fixed income. Yeah, that was with a pink ball, two dice, and an eyebone which is a fake bone. Yeah, and the charging pad which comes with the ibo. It was like twenty nine one hundred and some odd dollars plus tax, and then the toys plus tap. Yeah, it's about thirty three thirty three hundred. So they authorized the warranty and they told me this is a non refundable thing. I said, no in the first thirty days. I believe the state all states require if it's an electrical and I don't. I'm not sure. This is why I called. They have to either replace the whole unit because they couldn't fix the ear that kept coming off because IBO was crashing into the hallway work.
Speaker 2: So what did this? So they offered, they okay, so what are their offers to you? Let's sum it up.
Speaker 3: They said, they will try and get me a replacement, but it's not in their division. They ended up sending it to LA, having me send it on their dime to LA to their special UH repair department for us US.
Speaker 2: And what and what happened? What and what happened?
Speaker 3: This is where everything went wrong. They said, there's nothing wrong with Ibe. We've got her doing trips, but we can't change the color of her eyes.
Speaker 21: We don't know.
Speaker 13: And then I've.
Speaker 3: Misplaced an email saying that IBO from from their department may not be able to or it could have been from the marketing department who makes the decision to replace or refund, and and it I mean, it's.
Speaker 2: Not like Sonny. Sony needs the money for God's sakes, I mean, but but but Chris, it shouldn't be this heart of his under warranty. Are they going to.
Speaker 3: They're not. They're sitting on there, you know what, their laurel laurels and and not and giving me the run around. I'm a disabled person. I live alone on a very you.
Speaker 2: Know what, Dimitri, Let's kick their ass. I'm serious.
Speaker 3: This is when I legally Chris, Chris, what is she getting passed?
Speaker 2: Chris off?
Speaker 10: Chris.
Speaker 2: If you won't you, We're going to do it with you.
Speaker 13: Chris.
Speaker 14: What is the remaining issue that must be addressed? It of the eye, But is it just limited to the color of the eyes or is it still crashing into your fireplace?
Speaker 3: The I have not received it back. They've had my eyebowl longer than I bwonned it.
Speaker 10: Oh you haven't. You haven't received the back yet.
Speaker 2: Why won't they just send you a brand new one?
Speaker 3: And it's what I asked, and they said it's not. It's not their department to make that decision. They have to set go to marketing I have a direct number to a Natalie uh that that is handles the repair.
Speaker 2: Chris, hold on, wait and what does Natalie say? What's the last thing she said?
Speaker 3: She said that it's not up to her, it's up to the marketing departments.
Speaker 2: Did they give you did they give you a contact in the marketing department?
Speaker 3: No? No, no?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Told me to call the Tier one and two people who I spoke to for ten days prior to making the purchase and relinquishing my dog, to make sure this was going to be a right fit and there would be no problems.
Speaker 2: And it's not. It didn't work. Chris out of the get Chris, Chris, I get it, And unfortunately this is the way it is with technology. This should not be this complicated. They should either replace it or refund it. Period. Did you pay on a credit card?
Speaker 3: I paid on a PayPal credit which is a little bit different.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but it's long ago.
Speaker 2: He can't contest it on PayPal.
Speaker 3: I can tell they accept it as a method of payment. They have to refund it, all of it.
Speaker 24: I'm not saying.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying they can't. No, I'm not saying they shouldn't refund it. I'm saying the credit it doesn't work like a regular one's credit.
Speaker 3: Card, one that works. And then I get this email from I don't know, I.
Speaker 2: Can't Is this actually is ABO a separate company or is it?
Speaker 3: No? No, it's it's it's a Sony product, but it's just.
Speaker 2: A canceled product. Now, listen, here's what we're gonna use a dog. I get it. Here's what we're gonna need to do. We're gonna need to get the contacts that you've talked to, names and numbers, and then I need to know the Do you have any kind of a receipt for this purchase?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 21: Yeah, but I don't have.
Speaker 3: My computer's not working old and my phone is kind of on the blink.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, do you have do you have any kind of proof that is sent this dog? I have a Let me just look and do you have emails? Show proof?
Speaker 3: Tony has it because I have to send it in to show proof.
Speaker 2: Did you keep a copy? Yes? Did you? Okay, Chris, so you have a copy of the purchase?
Speaker 3: Right, I'm looking right here.
Speaker 2: Don't don't look while we talk. Here's what I want to know. Okay, you need to get proof that you owned it and that you sent it to them. Do you have proof you sent it to them? Yes?
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 2: Do you have any emails acknowledging that.
Speaker 3: They I have, Natalie will acknowledge that.
Speaker 2: Okay, did you have any Chris? I want short answers right now. I let you talk and talk and talk. I need to know. Do you have any emails from them?
Speaker 3: I have some for trying to troubleshoot it when it started to happen.
Speaker 2: Good. But that proves you had it. That's all I care about. I need to go back to dates and emails and people you talk to in phone calls. Okay, do you have any kind of written communication whatsoever about the problems that they verified that say say, oh, everything's working now except this or that? Was that all phone.
Speaker 3: Calls except the eyes and the ear.
Speaker 2: That's right, except the eyes and the ears. Did they tell you that in a phone call or in an email or in a text in.
Speaker 3: A phone call? No, no text, no phone call. It was all done through a very difficult number to get.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: And her name is Natalie, and she says she's working with them, and she's waiting till the end of the day to see what their decision is. And if they're going to we're going to help you twenty percent what they're.
Speaker 2: Going to charge you? What?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: What is this twenty.
Speaker 3: Percent restocking see fifteen or twenty percent restocking see of three thousand?
Speaker 2: No, they're not. No, they're not. No, they're not.
Speaker 3: That's what they's I.
Speaker 2: Don't care what they said. I don't care what they said. That's bull crap. Okay, if everything you're telling me is the truth, that's bull crap, Natalie. I mean, yeah, I know you don't have. By the way, just so.
Speaker 3: You know, tell her you're a lawyer, just as can I just say this, And no, we're not going to say we're a friend.
Speaker 2: We're going to say what we are and we're going to get into it. And I I just want you to know that we want to help you. And I think it's bs that you're going through this from a giant company like Sony. For God's sakes. I just can't believe it. I mean I can't. I can't believe you're going through this. I got to take your break. Hang on, bro, hang on. We're going to give this a deputy d. I want him to start on it. Then if he needs help, will bring in Bow and then if he needs more help, well we'll bring in I don't know if we want to bring in Doc ever. I'm just kidding, Doc. We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your Troubleshooter three O three seven to one three talk seven one three h two five five. Deputy D is gonna try to kick some ass on that one ABO. But he saw something on the Sony site for ABO. What does it say?
Speaker 14: D uh so right there on the home the landing site for this abo. The three thousand dollars abo dog Abo is sold as a final sale dash no return, So that looks like a really huge red foot.
Speaker 2: Is there anyone warranty?
Speaker 10: Though, Yeah, there's a warranty. I didn't get to that part.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it might be no return, but they certainly have to fix a replace.
Speaker 10: It's got to be under warranty. I don't question that.
Speaker 14: But when's the last time he saw a consumer good sold by the manufacturer as final sale national return?
Speaker 2: I really haven't. But can you imagine the day? And we all know it's coming, folks, we all know it's coming. You know what I'm thinking. Do you all know what I'm thinking? Instead of a bo it's going to be Mabel or Justine or Desiree. You got to give it a name, but it will be or Brad. Of course. I don't want to leave out anyone. So think about it. Think about the day, because you know, you know it is coming. As crazy as it may sound, there will be ai companions for people that are lifelike or at least never I don't want to get into I don't know. This is show is a family show. But you know what I'm talking. You know I'm talking about We know it's going to happen, but when will it happen. When will it actually happen? Hey, Keith, you have a question about health insurance. Welcome to the show. I'm Tom Martinez. What's going on, Keith?
Speaker 17: That's not it's a house insurance.
Speaker 2: We go, oh house, okay, got it, sir.
Speaker 17: Got our new policy. We're supposed to renew this year and it went up. It's a mobile hone on its some property and we own it, no mortgage. We were curious what happens if we just don't pay insurance?
Speaker 2: Just well, first of all, don't ever do that. Don't pay you, cancel on purpose, don't let it lapse. Yeah, so you in other words, if you cancel, don't let it lapse and they cancel you, there's a big difference. Okay, it'll affect your credit and everything. Cancel it right now, Yes, you would. You would just say I no longer need your insurance. Now listen what happens. This is the second call we got today, people who are considering not having insurance. The other lady already canceled insurance. And because your house is paid for, there is no law that says you have to have insurance, So nothing would happen. If nothing happens, So the biggest fear. The biggest fear I have for you, Keith is well, there's a few you lose it and you never replace it. But the other one is liability. Most insurance. The most important part in my opinion of homeowners right now is liability. I could probably literally afford to replace my roof if I had to, or replace my deck or a window or two. Probably not a massive law, not a whole loss. I mean when I say a four to two, I mean it wouldn't be worth it. It would be outrageously expensive and stupid. But most repairs, you know, I could probably but that I was still never consider not having insurance because of the liability. That's one. And you got to do the math my insurance in this house right now? God, I don't even know. I don't It might be sixty five hundred and seven thousand mis yeah, yeah, so if it's about seven grand a year, I mean, you'd have to go for my roof maybe I don't know, ten years without a loss to have enough money to pay for that and break even. I don't even think the math works out ever on So have you considered that how much would it cost to do an entire roof on your place.
Speaker 17: Well, we have considered it's a metal roof, and it's it's really well built, and we're not we're.
Speaker 2: Not wild well most okay thetalo. Then the only reason a metal roof has to be replaced usually is for cosmetic reasons. Yeah, so what I want to know is this, how much is your premium per year?
Speaker 17: The new premium is three grand?
Speaker 2: Oh my god? On a mobile home? Yeah, hold on a second, hold on, who's the carrier?
Speaker 17: American Modern?
Speaker 2: Hey? Can we get compass insurance on Kachina? We have time. I want to ask them a question about this that that sounds outrageous, and hold on teeth.
Speaker 17: The insurance companies have a credit report that they maintain, saying, oh, this guy wasn't covered, so now he goes in some high risk category for us.
Speaker 2: You're going to be higher risk, but not as high as if you let it lapse.
Speaker 17: But they do keep a credit report and it could effect.
Speaker 2: It's called clue. It's called clue.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that thing, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Let's ask what happens if you intentionally cancel, do not carry it and then want to get it? Let's ask you want a good good property? Oh, yeah. Yeah, Because in other words, if you want insurance on a different property.
Speaker 17: Yeah, what is your different to sell?
Speaker 2: What is your different property? Oh you mean if you sell this one?
Speaker 17: Yeah, if we sell this one and we have another property.
Speaker 2: All right, let's ask that kitchina. I hope you're working on it. Let's get Compass on. I'm Tom Martino. Will take this break and come back and try to find out some answers for you on this, because it's pretty important. Three oh three seven to one, three eight, two five five or three oh three Martino. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three all three seven to one, three eight two five five. Now we have keith on and I want to get Brian Burns from Compass Insurance. The Insurance Healthcenter dot com is where they do their free insurance checkups. By the way, if you're ever looking for insurance. Three oh three nine nine six nine thousand, Brian Burns, I have a quick question for you. First and foremost, if I had a trail that it was paid off for a cabin or a house, and I I just didn't want to pay the outrageous insurance anymore, and I decided, you know what, I'm going to take my chances, and I just said to the company, cancel my policy at the end of the term. And I did not have insurance for let's say two years, three years, and then I sell it and buy a new place, will I be dinged as a high risk because of that? If I want to buy insurance then.
Speaker 23: Because you would be in that case, you'd be buying a new property. So you know, when they had asked me, if the question came up, why don't you have prior insurance, I say, because this is a new property. So but to your point, if if you didn't insure your house and then you came back to ensure it. Again, there are companies that will underwrite against that. I'm sure actuarials would probably show that that's not as good of a risk. I don't know because if I'm just guessing here, but I'm thinking that if people are coming back to get insurance, it could be because re existing they need to make a claim. Yeah. I mean, it's like, oh man, this is starting to get old. I want to get a you know, get insurance on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 23: Yeah, yeah, so that I so I can get a claim filed.
Speaker 2: So so then I have another question then, and that is what about if I don't have insurance? What are my risks? Okay, I know I know what they are, the obvious ones, But what's the main thing that liability? What can happen? He has a he has a mobile home, Keith. Is it set up in a park or on private land?
Speaker 17: Private land? How much land by bakers?
Speaker 2: How big is the motor home? Or excuse me, the mobile.
Speaker 17: Home fifteen hundred square feet?
Speaker 2: Fifteen? Is it in two halves? In halves or it's a double wide and it's skirted or is it on a foundation?
Speaker 17: Skirted?
Speaker 2: Is it on a foundation? No?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 2: Okay? So Brian that. Do you know they want four grand to ensure that.
Speaker 23: Yeah, I don't blame it three grand. I'm sorry to do it.
Speaker 17: Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, what is the whole thing worth, Keith? What is that whole property? I don't mean like real estate wise, that trailer or that double wide? What is it worth?
Speaker 17: It's a ninety four? I bet I could get three thirty thousand cash for it.
Speaker 2: Maybe, No, you wouldn't for that double winde. Not with the lot.
Speaker 17: No, I'm not with the lot.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not talking about the lot. You're somebody that would come in and haul that away, would pay you thirty grand?
Speaker 17: Maybe? Yeah, it's in pretty good shape. I think they would pay thirty grand for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, jeez, I don't know. Maybe anyway, what do you think three thousand dollars?
Speaker 23: Yeah, I mean, I don't blame them at all. I mean, he gets to a point where you're like this, this isn't worth it.
Speaker 2: The insurance is I'll take my I'll take my chances. He'll still have the land. How much is the land worth?
Speaker 17: That's got to be worth a couple hundred thousand.
Speaker 2: Okay, So then I think I have an answer, except what about liability Brian, I have another question. Can I buy just liability? Can I buy.
Speaker 23: Just just I just did this for somebody else that decided they wanted to self insure their house. They owned it out right, didn't want to insure it anymore, but wanted liability, and you can get comprehensive personal liability. I was able to find it. It was about eight hundred bucks a year, though, so.
Speaker 2: That's just no key. Liability is important if somebody gets hurt on your land, or somebody gets hurt in your house or something. I know you think, well, I'm not gonna have anybody. You know, somebody could be hiking and say you had an attractive nuisance or I don't.
Speaker 23: Know, Brian, No liability follows you too. It doesn't have to be on your land. It's not premise liability. This is personal liability. So if something happens away from the land, Let's say you had a dog and it bit somebody and while you're walking around, I mean any that's just an example, but anything like that would be personal liability.
Speaker 2: What was the limit on that? For the eight hundred a year?
Speaker 23: A million?
Speaker 2: Wow, Keith, I think you found a solution.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I'm sold. I'll give him a call.
Speaker 2: Yep, okay three oh three nine nine six nine thousand. Three oh three nine nine six nine thousand. Right after this more coming up, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation in comparison, call Compass in insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three O three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 13: Help.
Speaker 2: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter. You have a question on furnace. Go ahead, Carlos, what's your question?
Speaker 22: Hey, Hey Tom? How are you?
Speaker 2: Hey? Good man? What's going on?
Speaker 22: You know I've been told that it's time to replace our furnace. We've got a twenty year old Lennox in the house, and last time we had to check out, they found some cracks in the heat exchanger. I'm just wondering if you guys.
Speaker 2: Well, if you truly have tracks in it. If you truly have cracks in it. Many people say that and lie, but b B, but you probably should replace it anyway, you'd save money on a twenty year old if you're going to be in the house a while. How big and how old is your house?
Speaker 22: It's the original furnace from two thousand.
Speaker 2: Okay, so your house was built in two thousand and three, correct, So it's pretty decently insulated. Yeah, then a high efficiency would save you a ton of money.
Speaker 22: Yeah, that's that's kind of what we have in there now.
Speaker 2: Well, the high efficiencies now are one hundred times better than they used to be.
Speaker 17: Oh, I'm sure they are.
Speaker 2: So what is your question? What is your question, Carlos?
Speaker 22: And do any of your recommended places have any kind of screaming deals or anything like that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, okay that they're all running certain deals, but you got to ask them now. I know Plumbline says if you buy it, they'll throw in that you'll get a free furnace if you install the AC part of it. Do you have AC?
Speaker 3: Okay, do you have AC? C?
Speaker 22: Yes, I do have AC and it's relatively new.
Speaker 2: Then you don't need that, so that but you still okay, then fix It twenty four to seven is always running certain specials. But if you call and talk to them, tell them that Tom told me that you would. I'm serious. Now Tom told me today. Check with him that you would give me a very special deal because I called in. I have a twenty year old unit and I really need it. All right, then then call eight eight eight Heating dot com as well.
Speaker 22: Okay, they're all.
Speaker 2: Good people, Carlos. Would you do me a favor and let me know what you do?
Speaker 22: Yeah, yeah, thank you.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that. Thank you very much. Okay, and discount bat dot com. Remember discount bat dot com when they're not here seven to zero nine seven nine, twenty three, twenty two. Are you going to do any specials for today only or for today and tomorrow for the rest of the week. You want to do anything or not, It's up to you.
Speaker 13: Yeah. I hadn't thought about what we could do.
Speaker 2: Well, let's think of it right now. If they go to discount bat dot com they upload they mentioned the show, what can you do for them today and tomorrow? If they call in today at or go to.
Speaker 5: The website free LVP floor in a hall bathroom if they do.
Speaker 2: The shower Okay, So they do the shower conversion, they get a free floor. Ye, luxury vinyl planking.
Speaker 13: Correct.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's cool. People do the shower conversion nine eight eighty eight, you get the free floor. Okay. Discount bath dot com or seventy zero nine seven nine twenty three, twenty two. Pat Jolliffe with my company Wave eight Wealth Management, our question here is minimum to invest. We hear this a lot.
Speaker 12: Pat.
Speaker 2: It makes me nervous when people ask that because and by the way we are when it comes to investing, your money is with ours. Okay, so and we're not middlemen, and people want me to explain that, and I don't have a lot of time. But middlemen means we don't place your portfolio with other advisors and then make a fee in between, a middleman fee. So there's that's ninety eight percent of the model. When people say they're a financial advisor, they're not. They take your money and they might even do a good job. I'm not saying they don't, but they place it with a bigger advisor. That's not ideal for a lot of people. And you also want to know people have skin in the game, and a lot of times their own money is not even invested. Our money is one hundred percent invested in this company, our investable funds and right along with yours and no middleman. Now here's what I want to know. When people ask minimum amount, that makes me nervous. Do you know why? Because it sounds like maybe they don't have money? And don't you think people need an emergency fund before they even think about investing? Okay, I mean, so what would you say would be an emergency fund?
Speaker 15: Six months worth of expenses?
Speaker 2: Probably? Yeah? And then what else? Out of debt? High interest debt. If you have high interest debt, don't don't invest because that that's taken away from your return.
Speaker 15: To pay off a fifteen percent credit card, it's the same thing as earning fifteen percent.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right. So high interest debt get rid of, and then of course, have some emergency funds before you even think about it. I'm Tom Martino and you can reach us at three h three seven seveny one.
Speaker 3: Help