Speaker 1: Tell you about the States rights issue for regarding abortion.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRZ the talk station eight six. Here at fifty five KRCD Talk Station, a very happy Wednesday to you. Bottom They are, of course Judgenna Paula Tunn. We'll here from Ed Fink later in the program about the Veterans Day of animul Or High School. And right now we're going to hear from one of the most stark contrast races that there is that we are going to be voting on. Unless you have already voted, it is the prosecutor here in Hamilton County. In terms of the contrast and the vast difference in the experience level and qualifications for this job, this is the ultimate no brainer. At least it should be the only person with a sufficient experience and demonstrably proven talent in the office is my guest right now, Hamilton County Prosecutor Melissa Powers, Welcome back to the program. It's always a pleasure speaking with you.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Brian, thank you so much for having me today.
Speaker 2: Love having you on the program. Powersfoprosecutor dot com was where you find and I even encouraged my listeners last time you and I spoke. I said, go ahead, pull up Connie Pillach's site and take a look at what she thinks qualifies her for the mission or the job, and look at your resume coupled with your demonstrated proved abilities as Hamilton County prosecutor. This should be I mean, there is. This shouldn't be even a choice here, I would.
Speaker 1: Agree, Brian, there is not. This is a clear choice. It's so easy. It's just getting the message out to all the voters. The big difference between myself and my opponent. I spent my career as an attorney in the courtroom, whether a prosecutor, a civil litigator, doing defense work. Sixteen years as a judge in adult court and juvenile court. I've been fighting on behalf of victims. I've prosecuted murderers, rapist, burglars, the most dangerous criminals in our county. And my opponent has never prosecuted a single case. She hasn't been in side of courtroom in over twenty years. She let her law license lapse and literally has shown no interest in be an attorney. You don't do that and not maintain your law license. And then even since reactivating her license in order to put her name on the ballot. She's never handled a single case. She had two years to pick up some cases, to get familiar again, to actually be able to say to voters, hey, listen, I'm out here, I'm serious about running for this position. And she hasn't even done that. It's a clear choice. It scares me that how inexperienced she is. And then also what scares me so much through the future of our county is that she's aligned herself with these radical ideas from the left of defunding the police, putting the criminal's rights in front of you know before and that's paramount before any victims or even the safety of the community. She is being supported by the Working Families Party, which is basically a George Soro's New York out of state type of this point, putting money into her campaign and they publicly support defunding the police, abolishing cash bail, and then radically reforming our justice system. We know those policies don't work. We've seen it across the country where these cities have just failed, beautiful cities, and we have gone made so much progress in Cincinnati. Plus, this is my hometown. I love our county and our city. That's why I'm running. I'm trying to save our county from these radical ideas that are out there and my opponents right along with them, and we have to fight. We have to fight for everyone, invite for our community.
Speaker 2: Certainly, and your record demonstrates that. And i'd really like to highlight the fact that you started the first veterans treatment court in the state history, because I have a really really close connection with veterans because I have such tremendous respect for them, But the idea that you focused on them and the issues that they face that are truly unique compared to the regular run of the mill working folks out here in the world. So I salute you for that. But also as juvenile court judge, you did a hell of a great job with our struggling juvenile population and you just got this really solid record to run on. But pivoting over to the contrast, if George Soros is supporting Connie Pillage, that speaks volumes, because you can tell a lot by the company you keep. But I had a conversation earlier today Jim Neal, of course running for sheriff against Charmie McGuffey, and I asked him about illegal immigration. Lachland obviously is on the radar. It's a national story. Thirty three thousand Mauritanians have descended on a town of thirty four hundred people. The logistics behind that are just baffling. And I'm not pointing at the Martinian community or those folks in Lachland as being a criminal element. But there are immigrants legal or otherwise, I mean illegal ones is what I'm focusing on, which who do commit crimes. Cincinnati is a sanctuary city, and I'm just kind of curious to know your perception is about how the since a police department is in so far as working with Ice, and how the current Hamilton County sheriff is in so far as working with ICE, and how what your perception is in so far as the Prosecutor's office working with ICE.
Speaker 1: Well, I believe all the police departments are working with ICE. However, as you said, since it has been our city has been declared by the mayor sanctuary city, that has kind of has put some red blocks in the way of working making sure that ICE has the appropriate detainers if someone commits a crime. Now, a while back, we had some issues going on with the Chileans coming into our city and then they were burglarizing homes in particular neighborhoods, and then they're very difficult there. They're a international, highly sophisticated organized criminal gang unit. And through Chile, because of the visa way, they were able easily able to come into our country. They would fly into Miami, rent a car, drive up and be burglarizing homes and in affluent areas in many cities, whether it was outside of Nashville, Atlanta, Cincinnati, they would go up to New York, Connecticut, Michigan, and so they were very elusive, very difficult to catch. And I can't remember the exact number that we were dealing with last year of homes that were broken into. But when the police departments, other agencies, outside agencies, neighbor agencies such as Amberley or Montgomery or Indian Hill, these smaller agencies would would apprehend. They got very lucky through their hard work and they were able to apprehend one of the gangs that came through here. Once they got down to the jail, we had very low bonds set by a I guess a liberal judge, and then and there no with no detainer to hold them, so you didn't have that ICE detainer to hold them. And of course they got out, They got out on ankle bracelets. You know exactly what happened. They went left that to their country, so we had no opportunity to prosecute them. It was when that happened that came to my attention. I started working with the share of trying to convince, you know, their policy as ineffective. It wasn't working. That took almost a year to get changed, and I'm not quite sure that if I think at this point she's willing to work with ICE, but for a long time it was very difficult to get that, to get her to understand that her policy was ineffective.
Speaker 2: Well, she is supported by George Soros outside money. According to Jim neil, So that speaks volumes in and of itself prosecutor powers. There is a regular ad campaign. I mean even I have I'm so sick of hearing it that I can almost recite it. But suggesting that you are somehow going to prosecute women who have abortions, now I know well, and you can have any position you want as an individual in your status on abortions, but there are laws on the books, and now we have a constitutional amendment which protects women's rights along those lines. You want to address that question head on prosecutor powers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, then I've been trying to speak out and wherever I go to make sure that people understand. First of all, it's a mess comical that she has to pivot to these national issues in an attempt to scare our voters or try to make voters vote for her, to make this distinction on abortion. I mean, it's just kind of a playbook right out of the Democratic Party. We're talking about local issues here. First of all, this abortion has absolutely nothing to do with my race. But she's falsely claiming I'll prosecute women that will get abortions. Now, it's a constitutional protected right. It was voted by our in last November elections. The voters overwhelmingly past that. As part of our Ohio constitution, I take an I have to uphold that law or law, the laws of the United States, the laws of Ohio, the Constitution of the United States, the constitution of Ohio. So the absolute answer is, there is no way that I'm prosecuting women if they get a legal abortion. Secondly, this whole thing about if I had. I mean, I've been in the office room as two years not one female has been prosecuted for an abortion. And quite honestly, Brian, let's go back in the farther, I don't even know. I've been doing this for thirty two years. I've never heard of any woman in Ohio and Hamilton County have ever been prosecuted for having an abortion ever in my thirty two years. So to bring this up, and to run a commercial and to be going and sending letters out to every zip code to try to tell women, that scares me. Either she doesn't know the law or she's intentionally misleading the public, and either way can't trust her. She's not telling you the truth.
Speaker 2: Well, that falls into the category you choose, or maybe it's a combination of both nefarious or stupid. The farious in the sense she's lying, or stupid in the sense that, as you pointed out, doesn't understand the constitution of the state of Ohio is ensuring abortion as the right. The other thing that you point out, and I noted that she was calling and what is the point of this exercise for independent audits of cases that were already reviewed and affirmed by courts of Appeals. What is that about.
Speaker 1: Well, Brian, it makes no sense to me, because we have within our within the justice system, and is that you can if there's a conviction, you can appeal your case, and that you can go to the Court of Appeals, and if you don't like that decision, you can try to get into the higher Supreme Court. On criminal cases, you can even go to federal court, to the sisters sixth District in the United State Supreme Court. His idea of auditing cases that have already been reviewed, it makes no sense to me. It tells me she doesn't know what the system, how the system even works, and that's that's pretty scary. Again, there's no need for it. I think I don't know exactly what she has in mind. She claims this is from her internal her military experience. You do this internally, and it doesn't make any sense at all. Well, and it's just I think it's useless and ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Well, if she was even I will articulate a reason for it. There is a finite number of dollars in the county, and of course engaging in that review process seems to me it would cost a whole lot of taxpayer money for again, any pointless gesture.
Speaker 1: I would agree with you. And that's one thing that I've done throughout my thirty now going into my thirty second year my career, is that I've always been a watchdog for taxpayers money. I have started many programs such as like you mentioned earlier, the Better Treating the Court. I did that without one dime of taxpayers money being spent. I've started a gang unit and within internally within our office. Again, I can do these things without taxpayers money and to be spending money, and it seems like the other side all they want to do is throw money, and they think they're solving problems with money, and really often it really produces little results.
Speaker 2: Little result, lots of money. I'll tell you what, Hamilton County Prosecuting Melissa Powers. I dearly, dearly, pray and hope that we can continue to call you Hamilton County Prosecuting Melissa Powers after next Tuesday. I'll strongly encourage my listeners to just go ahead. If they don't believe you and don't believe me, do the research yourself. It's prop Powers from prosecutor dot com. Check out the record, then you go check Connie Pillach's website and you can see if you can figure out one thing that puts her ahead of the game when it comes to qualifications for the office. It has been a distinct pleasure having you on my program all these years, and I hope we continue to do it in your as Hamilton County Prosecute and Melissa Powers. God bless you keep up the great work and best of luck as we head into Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Brian, and I want to thank you and your listeners for your support. I've had support from It doesn't matter what party you're from, if you're a Republican, a Democrat, or an independent, you're voting for your safety when you're voting for me. I've had support throughout almost every zip code in the county, and it just chose and I think how important is race is to the future of our county. So I'll continue to fight until and hopefully win everyone's vote and be successful on November fifth. Thank you.
Speaker 2: I pray for that outcome. Hamilton County Prosecuting Melissa Powers a real pleasure having you on today. It's coming up on eight twenty. It's right now eight nineteen fifty five KRC Talk Station, which means it's coming up on Judge Napolitano, Tweedledee and Tweedledum. The Judge not a fan of either option when it comes to the presidential race. Dive into the details on that one coming out to stay right here at fifty five KRES the talk station.
Speaker 1: This is fifty five KARC, an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: What's the best place to reach newc