Speaker 1: Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. It's your boys, kt Skin, Little Baby corn Bread Christina, and we are holding it down this week, Big Ben on Vacation. Now coming up at the bottom of the hour, we have a little music news exercise for you. It's gonna be fun and you can play along at home or in your car or whatever however you want to do it. I want to remind you that one of our great sponsors is Andrews American Pizza Kitchen. That's the delicious pizza joint in Plano right there at Preston and Plano Parkway. They have mastered five different styles of pizza and they all good. Now, if you haven't had the Dallas style, you gotta do that because that's kind of like the proprietary thing that they do. It's the legacy of Picasso's pizza if you remember that back in the day. Get it with the buttercrust, trust me. Great pasta dishes, incredible bar, they got Chicago Deep Dish, they got the Detroit style, they got Philly Tavern, they got classic New York style where you fold that joint over and shove it in your mouth. You're gonna love it Preston and Plano Parkway. It's Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: And now it's time for Benson's Sweet Day Up Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt F on tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 3: Hey, uh, bags fly free now anymore? A now at Southwest Airlines, No, they're not doing it anymore. You have if you're in a check a bag, this gonna be thirty five dollars. If you're in a check a second bag, it's gonna be forty five dollars.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: So I don't know if this is because I have an American Express card, but my first bag on American Airlines, I never have to pay for it.
Speaker 4: That's American Airlines.
Speaker 1: So okay, Well, I was just I was just making sure it wasn't like some you know, part of a club thing I have.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you might be Gucci fan.
Speaker 1: Well, well, my whole point though, is that they went from all bags fly free to now none of them.
Speaker 4: They ran on it. They ran on it was their whole thing. I will go.
Speaker 5: Ahead, Well, don't they have a similar program to that They said like if you get their credit card, oh yeah, you can get one for free.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you want to get in their loyalty things, okay, here and do all that stuff again.
Speaker 4: They ran on that.
Speaker 3: They also ran on a great commercial campaign for many years. Something embarrassing would happen and it would go want to get away, Yeah, because when something when you pup your pants in public, you immediately just get on a plane.
Speaker 4: Right, Okay.
Speaker 1: They had a great slogan as well for a long time when they would do the ding like the captain was coming over there, you are now free to fly around the country.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that was a great slogan iconic.
Speaker 3: I like Southwest Airlines because I love fields closer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's just it's just kind of nice. I'm with you, but.
Speaker 3: This is gonna hurt people who are going long distance. And my other thing on Southwest I'm gonna knock them for a minute. There's not a lot of options on flights. You got like, okay, I want to go here on this day. Well, here's one flight you can yeah where if you go to American and do call, there's nine flights to choose from today.
Speaker 1: Duh, we are going to we're going to New York. But the reason we're going there is our buddy Paul is doing a show in Staten Island in July. And we were pulling up flights a thousand of them about Paul Shalder.
Speaker 4: Paul Shalda, Yes, Statton Island.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ya, gotta go to the Collins Joe just's Pete Davidson Ferry.
Speaker 4: Uh? Is that what that's called? That he should do a show on that fairy? That would be great.
Speaker 1: But anyways, we were pulling up flights and to your point on American there's a thousand flights going to New York.
Speaker 3: Bens chuck full all day long, you can pick. I was thinking to compensate for this. What do you think about old Remember that story we did a few weeks ago about that old lady.
Speaker 4: They wouldn't let her fly. Oh, the ninety nine year old lady or one hundred.
Speaker 3: Or house was very old and they didn't believe her. And he's like, okay, how about hags fly free. That's a great from women over ninety. Yeah, that's how Southwest could get me back again. I like women over ninety free flights senior citizens. Yeah, okay, that's.
Speaker 4: A great fly free, great promo starting in a few years probably once they get this.
Speaker 1: And is it still going to be a free for all where you just line up and then go grab any seat because I heard they were changing that, right.
Speaker 4: I think they already changed it. Yeah. I haven't flown with him in a while.
Speaker 5: That's just a horrible strategy anyway, Like people already again, I fly American airlines, I have for years, but it's already chaotic when we have our groups, like people just stand there, even if their group is five, they call group one. People all huddle up there. So I can't imagine a free for all.
Speaker 4: We do need order.
Speaker 1: Oh god, it is weird too when you like you're in position number six, you're like, dope, this is great. I'll be on the front row or wherever you not have leg room. And then they start calling all these groups in front of you. Have you, guys ever seen Bill Burr's a bit about this, No, Bill Burr's got this hilario, a really great bit where he's at the very front and he's like, all right, him in pole position, he says, And then they start Connelly's groups, right, they're Connilly's groups. And then they call these veterans, and I'm like, wait a minute, how do we know what kind of veterans they are? Did that guy actually see action? Because if he wasn't an office, why does he get to get on in front of me?
Speaker 4: Was this guy working at the pro shop?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: So good dude.
Speaker 3: McDonald's is shutting down all Cosmics locations.
Speaker 4: That is a very quick destruction.
Speaker 5: And they had four right here in Texas.
Speaker 1: I've got one. I've got one half a mile from my house.
Speaker 3: Same same I went on in fact grant opening day there was throwing up some free drinks. Ran into Tim McMahon there, big memory, you know, never forget that day.
Speaker 4: I can't believe they're gone already. This is like under two years. Oh dude, it's under a year.
Speaker 1: I think the free clasted longer than costing, so I think so, and I think we offered more so.
Speaker 4: One of the problems with Cosmics, you know what the food options.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're getting coffee, drinks or whatever, and you think something they got pretzel bites.
Speaker 4: What.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was a weird premise. But I'm not a big like drink person, so I think it was more steered for kids.
Speaker 1: It was I think because my daughter will go to Dutch Bros. Or any of those places.
Speaker 4: Dude. I mean my family soured on it really fast, like.
Speaker 1: We went, uh, you know, Okay, it's close, no one's ever there, and it's like, man, I don't know that I dig the options. Yeah, what does it say about them closing like across the country or just in Texas.
Speaker 3: Well, there's one in Illinois, Foreign Texas closing by late June. Yeah, I don't really know that there's too much about it. Yeah, I don't really know.
Speaker 5: Are those all the locations? Because I saw that too, and I was like, there's no way there's only five locations.
Speaker 4: And four of them all attach I've seen them all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, we need to I wouldn't mind making a quick trip to Illinois to get all five in All right, it's the Ben and Skin shown Zo point one the Eagle coming up next.
Speaker 4: Kat explain what's happening in music news.
Speaker 3: Well, this Great Rock publication put out a list of bands that they say are the best by the letter Rock and Roll.
Speaker 4: ABC's next