Speaker 1: Come on, come on, come on. Oh we're gonna be busy today. Come on, good morning. This is Ed McMahon right now, Ladies and gentlemen, keeps a ride Ryan Home.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, smack dab in the middle of the week, Homeday Baby Wildcard Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 2: You're off to a great start here today. If not, I hope we can help with that. We are going to be raising business this morning. The fall lineup on the Rob Ryan Show is second to none. Fresh out of bed head to double O seven Sean Connery.
Speaker 1: He's going for win number four today. This guy got what it takes to punch it through two more wins.
Speaker 2: He's in the Tournament of Champions.
Speaker 1: Pretty cool.
Speaker 2: We're giving away that two hundred and fifty dollars gift card to Living Spaces every day this week on the Fun Fact Flashback.
Speaker 1: That's what the winner's getting.
Speaker 2: The pumpkin spice price is right still. The Sweeping Sensation that Sweeping the Nation will play that game at seven to twenty this morning. Winner gets a Wall Nation tickets. The fall guitarvist rolls on switch Foot has been added to the fourteenth for the fourteenth slot on the guitarist wheel autographed guitars every single day, getting blown out at eight twenty this morning, qualifying for a trip.
Speaker 1: To the Alter Ego Show. We'll do that at.
Speaker 2: Around nine ten. Five people in the drawing. On Friday. One of you goes, I'm to California to our big show. Jerry Candrell tickets on no the show. Ten percent chance of rain, sunny and it is. It's about sixty outside right now. I don't think we're gonna hit eighty degrees today. Good morning TESTA one of Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: Hey, goodbrny Rod home room. So SpaceX is learning.
Speaker 4: More about Starship after the latest test flight yesterday, with President elect Trump watching from the starbas facility in South Texas.
Speaker 3: The super heavy rocket.
Speaker 4: Launched shortly after five pm Eastern, so four pm our time. One of the highlights of the test flight was a successful in space relight of starships Raptor engines. So when we get into that space update, then you were talking about weather. I mean, this really doesn't affect us. We are getting some colder temperatures, but at least one person has died and hundreds of thousands are without power. This powerful bomb cyclone is bringing heavy rain and winds.
Speaker 3: It's to the Pacific northwest, like north of Seattle.
Speaker 4: That's where a woman was killed last night a tree filmed on a homeless encampment there. The National Weather Service reports strong winds across the region, including gusta more than one hundred miles per hour off the coast of British Columbia. All Right, the holidays are coming up, which means lots of families are.
Speaker 1: Arguing.
Speaker 4: Families, they can fight, and they can fight dirty. So the main topics that can start a fight and why it might be best to avoid them, We're going to have that.
Speaker 3: Guess what number one is? Can anyone guess?
Speaker 1: Talking about who you voted for?
Speaker 4: Yeah, politics, Plitics is the number one topic. People say it's a frequent point of tension in their family. You just shouldn't break up your family over difference of opinion, guys. Family dynamics, of course, can always affect this. Past grievances always can affect this, and then after that it's a tie between relationships and finances. So, guys, those are the talking points that you want to avoid during the holidays.
Speaker 3: You're welcome. Let's talk about Netflix.
Speaker 4: If you were locked out of the Mike Tyson Jake Paul fight because Netflix was completely unprepared to handle the amount of streams that it should have totally expected. You didn't really miss anything remotely exciting, but you were probably upset. So Netflix is now facing a class action lawsuit from a dude who says buffering issues during the Tyson All fight we're legendary. Meanwhile, Netflix now says one hundred and eight million people have.
Speaker 3: Watched the flight, watched the fight.
Speaker 4: I heard they were getting like new memberships and record time, like thousands per second.
Speaker 3: My Chemical Romances Long Live.
Speaker 4: The Black Parade tour is sold out just like that, until three hundred sixty by thousand tickets within hours of going on sale last Friday.
Speaker 3: I mean, we've been giving these away before you can even buy them. It's a little surprise. It's not surprising.
Speaker 4: The prices might have been inflated, but people still have to see their Black Parade. Okay, those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Take it, alex See.
Speaker 3: Rockets are back in action tonight.
Speaker 5: They're gonna host the pacers at the Toyota Center.
Speaker 6: Tip Off is gonna be at seven o'clock and you can listen to that game on our sister station's Sports Talk seven ninety. They got the old Summit court on at Toyota Center. I saw they were posting some throwback picks from that last night. That'd be pretty cool to watch them tonight there, and they did be in the new City edition jerseys.
Speaker 3: In football, the latest.
Speaker 6: College football playoff rankings came out last night. If the season we're to end today, the top four seeds right now would be Oregon, UT, Miami, and Boise State, so Texas would get a bye in the first round assuming that they win out. You can see the full college ball playoff rankings on our sports blog page today. That what's going on in sports?
Speaker 1: All right, here we go, Here we go.
Speaker 2: Come on, who's up? Who's ready to rock? Who wants the first phone call? Would love to hear from you this morning seven one three, two one two five nine four five, The most interactive show on the radio starts right now D ninety four to five Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: That's the offspring.
Speaker 2: Pretty fly for a white dude, and we are often running four hours of pain offspring on the music blog page. Their second video has joined the Billions Club on Spotify.
Speaker 1: The Kids Aren't all right? Was the second song that has achieved that? Alex?
Speaker 2: What was their first song that hit a billion on Spotify? I know you don't listen to Spotify. I know you're a dedicated iHeart Radio soldier.
Speaker 1: What was their first song that hit a billion?
Speaker 3: I don't know what band? Offspring?
Speaker 1: The one we just played. They're big. Their first single was keep It Separated?
Speaker 2: Okay, it was their first single, so that was when we all found out about who the Offspring where.
Speaker 1: Most of us learned about that band then.
Speaker 3: But it's not that it's not pretty fly and then.
Speaker 1: You're gonna go You're gonna go far kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was their first to cross the billion place over the summer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's why.
Speaker 3: That's a good one. I guess like five six other songs, I would have.
Speaker 2: Said gone away. If I was asked that, I would have said gone away for sure. So congratulations to the Offspring.
Speaker 1: They're gonna be a part of the iHeartRadio our Alter Ego Show. When are we getting you qualified for that nine ten?
Speaker 2: We'll give you a cage the Elephant Neon pill vinyl, and then we'll get you qualified for that trip out to Alter Ego that's gonna be their only show really, and then they're gonna be heading overseas after that. Okay, well strap yourselves in for a wild wild Card Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Sean Connery better be up and ready to rock man.
Speaker 2: He's going for win number four fresh out of band Head to head Challenge. Pumpkins Spice price is right, hype Man. We'll be joining us at around seven to twenty this morning. He'll be talking to us about a brand new Pumpkin spice product on retail shelves this fall season.
Speaker 1: You will bid on that item.
Speaker 2: Person that comes closest without going over the actual retail price will win themselves some a Wall Nation tickets. We'll have a good time starting at around seven to twenty oh. The fall guitar vest continues. Switch Foot went on the wheel yesterday, Buzzfest thirty two went out. Switch Foot went on These are all autograph guitars. Hardy is still in play. That Godsmack guitar is there some forty one. There's a couple of Buzzfest guitars, Black Keys, Ghosts Bush, that highly suspect guitar, the one that was smashed on stage. Those are all on the wheel, still in play. We'll get spun at around eight twenty. Then we'll get you guys all calling in. So yeah, we're gonna be busy today. The high today might be around seventy degrees as sixty out there right now, low chances of rain with sunny skies.
Speaker 1: We got phones ringing.
Speaker 7: It's not time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 2: Come Natalie, good morning, Hello, Good morning, Hi Natalie.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm doing pretty good at you this.
Speaker 2: Morning, super fantastic. Thank you for asking. How are you gonna get a started with the first phone call today?
Speaker 8: Yay?
Speaker 1: What would you like to talk about?
Speaker 4: I just wanted to sell.
Speaker 8: I just wanted to say for everyone to have a good day.
Speaker 3: Where I was listening to the safe and have got.
Speaker 1: Blush, everybody have a good day today. Everybody have a good day today.
Speaker 3: Now isn't going to But now I'm going to because.
Speaker 1: Natalie told you to have a good day. I like that. I like that. What are you doing? What are you doing today? Natalie?
Speaker 8: Well, later on I'm I have to go to court. But other than that, I don't know. I'm gonna just enjoy my day.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you you're so positive that court that whole scene is so depressing. Well, yeah, yeah, she's got to go do it. But I'm telling you the fact that the fact that you're staying positive.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: Go to that courthouse, man, it ain't nothing, but it ain't nothing but a bummer. Yeah, I mean anytime that I'm gone, I'm You're never going there for anything good, that's for sure. Natalie keeps a smile on your face. Thanks for helping us out getting the started today.
Speaker 1: Good luck to you.
Speaker 5: You have a good dame.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Natalie, Thank you. I'm a flipp gonna rec check for you.
Speaker 2: We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the fresh out of bed head to head Challenge.
Speaker 7: Alternative and tell him of the Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four fun.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan Show Free. Never sounded so good. This show's free. The show sound good?
Speaker 3: Yeah, sounds great?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does it?
Speaker 3: I think so that sounds so good.
Speaker 1: Awesome. Sunny skies today.
Speaker 2: Ten percent chance of rain pies of around seventy It's sixty out there right now?
Speaker 1: What love it? What's drending?
Speaker 3: A lot of people talking about Alex Bregman.
Speaker 4: He rejected the qualifying offer of twenty one point zero five million dollars yesterday.
Speaker 1: I didn't see that. Yeah, that's it's only normal.
Speaker 6: He's becoming a free agent. That was publicly known. But you get a qualifying offer. So him saying no to that was nothing like. That's just a slap in the face, right.
Speaker 3: So he can still trap now.
Speaker 4: He can chat with anyone now though, but that includes the astros. Of course, the answers still have uh, you know, rot with him.
Speaker 6: I'm not saying he's gonna give him a discount or anything, but he knows he's going to get more than a qualifying officer.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Also, this is interesting because considering we have a double O seven Sean Connery playing in the Fresh out of Bed Head to Head. Vic Flick is known for the famous guitar riff in that iconic James Bond theme.
Speaker 3: He has passed away.
Speaker 4: His son said that Vic died November fourteenth after a battle with Alzheimer's disease. He'd worked as a session guitarist in the fifties and sixties. He was paid six British pounds for that iconic James Bond.
Speaker 1: He's that guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: They worked on the soundtrack of Doctor No in the first Bond film, and he went on to work with like Dusty Springfield, Tom Jones, and Petulla Kark, among others.
Speaker 3: Also New Jersey based New Jersey.
Speaker 4: Jersey Mike's the Sandwich Shop, where there are like more than three thousand locations. They have been bought out by asset management giant Blackstone. So Blackstone has acquired New Jersey based Jersey Mikes Sandwiches.
Speaker 3: That's what's trending on ninety four five the bus.
Speaker 1: All right, well, let's played that iconic music, all right? Where is uh? Where is double O? Seven?
Speaker 9: I really love emy, I really really genuinely Love's not Elex.
Speaker 3: That's not him.
Speaker 1: Please with the with the Hellsburg Gamlets please with the Amy already, what's going on with that?
Speaker 10: Good morning everybody? Two time Hall of Famer Sean Connery hanging in there.
Speaker 8: I am your fresh out of bed head to head.
Speaker 10: Three day champion, even with those crazy questions, I do not want to bust up those brackets.
Speaker 8: Join me on Wednesday when I make it win number four.
Speaker 3: But just.
Speaker 2: Okay, now's the time to call seven one three two one two five. Thank you to former intern Michelle. She told me that Three Days Grace. They were teasing a new track on their Instagram. I sent it to the Whiz. I'm like, dude, are we playing this? He said, see me on Friday. Oh maybe some new three Days Grace on Friday. Okay, call now. It's ninety four five the Bus, five the Buzz, Good.
Speaker 1: Morning, Rod Ryan Show. That's three Days Grace. It's so cold life. Some new three Days Grace on Friday.
Speaker 2: I would put my chips on seven twenty if I was a betting man, is uh?
Speaker 1: I know you're all things.
Speaker 2: Wheel Alex is the Three Days Grace guitar with Adam Guntier still on that wheel.
Speaker 1: I don't think anybody's wanted it is on the wheel. Okay, so that is in play. So I mean that's timely. As Af the fall guitarrist.
Speaker 2: We will spin the wheel at eight twenty this morning, autographed guitars blown out each and every day. We've got today, Tomorrow and Friday, and then boom the wheel goes away. Ten chance of rain, sunny skies, highs of around seventy Let's play this man now.
Speaker 11: Each time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge, listeners to your corners.
Speaker 1: The guy that plays the guitar died on this song.
Speaker 2: Okay, well we play those music because On Connery is our current champion.
Speaker 1: There's that guitar. Yeah, basic, dude, your guitar player died. I'm sorry, he's in peace.
Speaker 8: Sorry, the mows is really loud.
Speaker 1: Okay, sorry, bro, there you go. All right, Bro, dude, you're going for win number four?
Speaker 2: He ever?
Speaker 1: Okay, you I watched the name are you known?
Speaker 8: Call me Tim?
Speaker 1: Wasn't this guy just on the show? Tim? Good morning? You're marm brother rodding friends. Weren't we just talking about your Bunyon feet or something just the other day?
Speaker 3: Surgeons?
Speaker 10: Yeah, yesterday I was on the Chili Brown game that got os.
Speaker 1: Oh so you didn't win anything? No, the guy went one number above mine and he won. Okay, I knew, I knew you were on. I didn't know it was yesterday, but yeah, okay, all right him how many times in the Hall of Fame?
Speaker 8: Bro?
Speaker 1: Three times in the Hall of Fame?
Speaker 10: And I was threatened with death by Chili not to f up the bractice.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 1: So what do you do? I mean, do you risk do you risk another limb being fed up? By chili. You you've had enough surgery here for revenge? Yeah? What do you have shown? You have history with Tim?
Speaker 8: I think earlier. Yeah, like the day was going on for survey or something.
Speaker 10: Okay, well yeah, it was like a month after I had surgery, one of my surgery.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, Tim's a three time Hall of Famer. I don't know why he'd want to screw up these brackets, but apparently he does.
Speaker 1: What are they playing for? The Googa Dolls? So you shot?
Speaker 2: All right, guys, shout out your kne We got some Hall of famers going at each other here.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll listen hard.
Speaker 1: Let's just ask the questions. Here we go. Question number one, Tim and Sean is what we're listening for.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, what character from the Simpsons plays the saxon?
Speaker 1: Sean Bart Simpson?
Speaker 2: No, Tim, what character from the Simpsons plays the saxophone?
Speaker 1: That would be Lisa, Lisa Simpson.
Speaker 3: It is in the answer. That's not a bad thank you, thank you, good question Tess in a while.
Speaker 2: But the dude that got it right, you break the bracket, Sean, Do you know it now or you're just not a Simpsons guy?
Speaker 8: No, I haven't watched Simpsons in the years. But I don't think I knew that.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's the sister right the middle kid.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go, Sean Connery, Tim, the one they called Tim. Question number two, what's sarcastic superhero? Where's red?
Speaker 8: Sean?
Speaker 1: Sean correct answer? How close was that one?
Speaker 2: I had to look to my guys here. I thought, wow, this is really close here.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I was busy asking questions. Tim. I'd like to stay out of that for the win. You're kidding me right now. Sean's got one. Tim's got one.
Speaker 2: What do most people put on top of their body? If that's a tie, I'll say that one. Sean is a little louder Sean, what's your Okay, it's a tie. What's your answer, Sean?
Speaker 8: I wouldn't say that.
Speaker 1: What were you gonna say? Okay, hat? What were you going to say? Tim? I was gonna say pants? I just third bought.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you need to put on top of your body if you are pretending to be a ghost.
Speaker 1: I know when I dress up to the ghost, I put on pants and hats.
Speaker 3: That paper forever.
Speaker 1: It's been on there for two months.
Speaker 2: I'm really trying to trying to flush these out before the tournament. All right, here we go, Tim and Sean? What tiny discs do people wear?
Speaker 3: Tim?
Speaker 1: Tim for the wind? Oh god, three one? I got caught speedy, Sean Connery, the complete question?
Speaker 2: What tiny discs do people wear to correct their vision or change the color of their eyes?
Speaker 8: Contact?
Speaker 1: Sean? What con.
Speaker 3: I've never seen Alex happier? Yeah, in a backward So.
Speaker 12: Happy right now, James Bond. I mean, I'm not happy that these passed.
Speaker 3: Away, the right to honor?
Speaker 1: Why do you hate Tim?
Speaker 3: I don't I love Tim? You hate him? I hope he gets in the Hall first next year.
Speaker 1: All right, Tim, we gotta say goodbye to you. You have no problems.
Speaker 8: This is the threat.
Speaker 1: B Jillie, that s all right. Sean Connery problem, what are you doing? What are you doing over there? Chiming in like a wild man? Don't know what you're getting smoked? Sorry questions? All right, dude, that's a win, that's a win. That's Google doll tickets too, So that's huge. Yeah, and tomorrow is Hall of Fame day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, over here, get some sleep, don't do anything dumb today.
Speaker 1: I need to go sleep now.
Speaker 7: The Rod Ryan Show on ninety the.
Speaker 2: Button, ninety four or five the buzz call me when you're sober.
Speaker 1: How'd you like to be the guy? Sean? How'd you like to be the guy that that song's written about?
Speaker 3: I would, I would not like it.
Speaker 2: You know, Sean from c There has been driving around in his car with the radio on and that song has come on before. That is funny about him when they were dating, when they were like well, when they were crumbling, when their relationship was falling apart.
Speaker 12: I thought that, just like Billion Corgan did all that song, this song is about me.
Speaker 4: I want to buy the lyrics. A lot of people don't know that about me. I never call anyone.
Speaker 3: When I'm songs about me.
Speaker 2: But maybe you're in the car, you've got your new girlfriend or your wife or whatever his situation is, and that that song comes on, does he just slowly just kind of go over and hit the button and hit another station.
Speaker 3: I hope he slowly calls Rehab. Why hi, because he never calls it Maddy Sober.
Speaker 1: It's a twenty five year old song. I'm sure he's fine out.
Speaker 3: We'll see, all right.
Speaker 11: Let's go a fresh out of bed head to head challenge here's your current champion.
Speaker 1: What a game, man, what a game?
Speaker 8: Good morning everybody, Double O seven Sean Connery.
Speaker 10: Now you're fresh out of bed head to head four day champion, and my.
Speaker 8: Goodness, the one they called Tim really gave me a run for my money. But a great tune up game before Thursday. So watch out because I'm coming in hot. I will make it win number five and I will get into that tournament. A champion witches.
Speaker 1: Oh, Alex is in such a good mood. Which what's this? All in a good mood? When Alex is in a good mood, it's the tones, it's good for all of us.
Speaker 12: Yeah, he's gonna.
Speaker 3: Swing the wheel again. Later is eighth time in a row.
Speaker 1: Give me a dayam, though, when I have to do the meeting next hour. WHOA, Now I thought you were in a good mood.
Speaker 3: You don't want to stick around.
Speaker 2: I do call a meeting tomorrow. Hall of Fame game for Sean Connery, former Hall of Famers. I want you just sit back and relax and listen. Okay, I can't handle that kind of stress.
Speaker 1: It's the fuck that to the day. Let's go.
Speaker 9: We make you look smart, bodies. It's the fuday.
Speaker 2: I brought in some fun facts for you guys. Your first one today is uh wiki is Hawaiian for fast, as in Wikipedia fast search finding things Wiki fast.
Speaker 1: I don't know what Wiki meant.
Speaker 4: People need to support Wikipedia more? People what you need to support Wikipedia more? And then they always suggest, like you know, you can paid two dollars and help us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, it's like, no, just give me my information.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was blow right past that. Polo ponies Polo ponies, Hi, hel, how are you polonies? Polonies?
Speaker 2: Okay, knew somebody was gonna jump on that. Hell seems like a polo guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's always at the massis.
Speaker 1: Rich people watching horses.
Speaker 2: Polo ponies gallop about thirty miles per hour in quick bursts on grass fields. Those grass fields are the size of nine football fields, so players bring about a dozen horses per match to prevent exhaustion and injury.
Speaker 1: Like you don't have just one polo horse trailer subly like golf clubs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're like they're like coming in and out like hockey players.
Speaker 1: Whoa change it up?
Speaker 2: I didn't know that William Mitchell was a chemist. He was a pretty smart fella. He is credited as the key inventor of pop Rocks.
Speaker 1: Tang and cool whip a neat quip. I mean one guy, all three of those.
Speaker 9: It's the fuck that's of the day. We make you look smart in funny of your buddies. It's the fuck that's to the day.
Speaker 1: Okay, what'sul giving away? Over there?
Speaker 4: I have dred fifty two hundred and fifty dollars gift card to Living Spaces Living Spaces.
Speaker 1: Woooo.
Speaker 4: So their new Assassination for Living Spaces grand opening event is at the Baybrook Mall in Friendswood.
Speaker 1: So that location is now open. Okay, okay, it's your fun back. Oh I thought this was my fun This is my favorite.
Speaker 2: You guys know which when I like stuff, When I like stuff in the fun facts, this one was my favorite. What is the world's best selling musical instrument? I think big brain over there? No, you did get it right. What's the world's best.
Speaker 1: Selling musical instrument? Seven? One, three, two four five? It's now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain.
Speaker 2: Cash, so smart, so handsome, I mean god his favorite.
Speaker 1: So rich, so loaded, so rich, nine polo horses.
Speaker 13: I'm not going to give you my.
Speaker 3: Homework tenth today.
Speaker 1: All right, I'd be doing Wall Street.
Speaker 13: Yesterday it was a nixed down Wall Street. The Dow was down one hundred and twenty points. Kickoff this morning at forty three thousand and two sixty eight NASTAC up one hundred and ninety five to eighteen thousand and nine eighty seven. Benchmark ten year Treasury is trading at a four point four to three percent in oil stands at sixty nine dollars seventy three cents a barrel to the most active, the big studs Navidia, Walmart, and Amazon, the big Duds United, Hell, three M and Nike. The economic calendar this morning is all clear right now. Futures are on the upside. Hang under. This be a pause opening right here on Wall Street. That's it.
Speaker 1: I'm out here.
Speaker 13: This is hallan manage your director with the Ramy James porter for the rider Line show from Raymond James sounds sayfully, Ben Agusta, in effect, don't forget to always rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 7: NaN's expressed are those of alland and not necessarily those are Raymond James Associates in come ever n i AS, IBC, I ART Radio or a sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission. We'll continue. This is not a solicitation, author or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This programs are educational and informational purposes on the Stones of Duds are based on movement as reported by Young Finance, Houston's Rock and Alternatives.
Speaker 3: And The Rod Ryan Morning Show six at ten am.
Speaker 2: The Buzz ninety four or five, The Buys, Good Morning, rod Ryan's show, hit It, get your fun.
Speaker 1: Okay, over to the phones, Good morning. Who's this Hi? This is Kelsey. Hi, Kelsey, Welcome to the show. How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm doing good?
Speaker 1: How are you awesome? Awesome?
Speaker 2: What is the world's best selling musical instruments Harmonica?
Speaker 1: Oh, it sure is.
Speaker 2: And you know what one of the all time greats? Yes, Steve Wonder, Stevie Wonder was one of the all time greats.
Speaker 1: You were probably going to go Blues Traveler, I get it, It's okay, yeah, we go Blase, Yeah, all right? What is Kelsey one?
Speaker 4: You get the two hundred and fifty dollars gift card to Living spaces have all.
Speaker 3: The fun with it.
Speaker 8: Oh that sounds awesome.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thank you, Kelsey, have a great day, you do. Thank you.
Speaker 2: This is Stevie Wonder when he was called Little Stevie Wonder. It's called Fingertips Part two and he just wails on the harmonica on this song.
Speaker 1: Hell knew that. Yesterday when we asked what's the.
Speaker 2: Most popular got on what is the best selling musical instrument of all time?
Speaker 1: The harmonica. Okay, let's get right into it.
Speaker 2: Sunny Sky's today ten percent chands to Rain, High Up Out seventy Tesla has Houston's.
Speaker 4: Headlines SpaceX learn more about the starship after the latest test flight yesterday, with President elect Trump watching from the starbas facility in South Texas. The super heavy rocket launched shortly after four pm Our time. One of the highlights of the test flight was a successful in space relight of starships Raptor engines. Let's talk about some of the appointments Donald Trump is making. A leader from the world of pro wrestling will be Donald Trump's pick for Education Secretary. The President elect named Linda McMahon for the cabinet position. McMahon is the former CEO of WWE, which she founded with her husband, Vince McMahon, but she had stepped down from that position is WWE's chief executive to enter politics. She ran twice her US Senate see in Connecticut, but lost in twenty ten. Shifting gears, she focused on providing financial support to candidates, so she actually provided six million dollars to help Trump's candidacy candidacy after he entered the race back in twenty sixteen. So she's been on like the Connecticut Board of Education. She told lawmakers that she had a lifelong interest in education. Also, Donald Trump nominated TV's Doctor Oz to lead the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. So these are kind of two picks that are in the headlines in the news cycle right now.
Speaker 2: Somebody sent me a video of the McMahon what's your name, Linda taking a pile driver?
Speaker 1: Nice? Somebody picked up Vince McMahon's wife in wrestling and gave her a pile driver. Yep, awesome.
Speaker 3: Is doctor Field going to get a job?
Speaker 1: Uh? I don't know if he's one of Trump's boys.
Speaker 2: I don't think so those kids. I don't know that he has political aspirations. Doctor Oz definitely was running for office.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I don't know. Yeah you think he wants all named people in there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Judge, Judy, I'll be in next Supreme Court.
Speaker 1: Check. Give something to Sammy Hagar.
Speaker 4: All right, let's get the director of music. Let's talk about driver's license. Skies on the road. Lots of people gonna be on the road. This is a study in Australia. It found that it would make the roads a safer place if people had to read take their driver's test at age fifty. They cited stats that show nineteen percent of fatal crashes involved people under twenty five, but twenty one percent involved people over sixty five. The fact that our eyesight and reactions get worse obviously as part of it. But it's also about bad driving habits like not using turn signals, not checking blind spots. After thirty plus years of those habits going unchecked, they can get set in stones.
Speaker 3: So should everyone have to.
Speaker 4: Take a refresher course even if they've never been in an accident?
Speaker 3: There was a pull last a month.
Speaker 4: The Court of Americans say they're not sure they could pass a written exam if they had to take it Right now. Jay Leno is recuperating after rolling down a sixty foot hill.
Speaker 3: Now, Jay Leno seventy four years old.
Speaker 4: He's still he's still comedian, he's still performing. He spoke to TMZ on Monday. He had a bruised face, his face is jack an eye patch, and his arm was in a brace.
Speaker 3: He said.
Speaker 4: The incident happened on Friday night before a stand upshow in Pennsylvania. Now, despite his injuries, Leno went on stage and performed and said, hey, look, the show must go on.
Speaker 1: Remember he just got burned really bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's been in a couple of accidents. Remember, yeah, something with his motorcycle.
Speaker 3: He got burned pretty bad.
Speaker 1: Something.
Speaker 2: He's working on an engine or something and he got burned his face and everything.
Speaker 4: You know, he's older, but he's also in charge of his wife, made she's in a conservator ship because she's suffering from dementia. So you know, he already has to take care of her. Maybe he's so focusing so hard on that he needs to take care of himself.
Speaker 3: He needs to be careful. He's not a spring chicken.
Speaker 2: His face is jacked up. You need to go see it on links and yests. I mean, I wish him the best.
Speaker 1: I like Jay.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about cold Play. They have a new album that means new singles. One of the new singles.
Speaker 4: Is from the Moon Music Full Moon Edition. It is called the Karate Kid and it's c there's a video for it, and who else is going to be in it? Ralph Machio Machia Machio Machio, the actual karate Kid is in the video.
Speaker 1: So it's really good. You gotta go watch this video.
Speaker 2: He's kind of like a street performer and he's setting up like in Central Park and he's setting up with a little piano and he's lip syncing the song.
Speaker 1: It's clearly Chris Mark.
Speaker 4: Machio was bragging about the song on social media last month, calling it a beautiful track, and then Chris Mark and reach out to him was like, oh, you think it's.
Speaker 3: Beautiful, you want to be in the video and there you go. The rest of his history. Those are Houston sidlines.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go check it out on the music blog page today. It's really good.
Speaker 6: All right, Sports Guy Rockets are back in action tonight.
Speaker 3: They're gonna host the Pacers.
Speaker 12: At the Toyota Center.
Speaker 3: Tip Off is at seven.
Speaker 6: O'clock and you can listen to that game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety. The latest college football playoff rankings came out last night. If the season we're an end today, the top four seeds would be Oregon, Texas, Miami, and Boise State. So UT would get a first round by assuming they went out. You can see the full sport or the full college football playoff ranking on our sports blog page today.
Speaker 12: That's what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks, thanks stick around, bro. The Pumpkins spice price for about twenty more minutes, is right? Is coming up in about twenty minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I gotta balance that.
Speaker 1: It's weird the timing of that, I.
Speaker 2: Know, right, all right, sit back, relax, everybody, including Alex Pumpkins spice price is right to win, to win a Wall Nation tickets.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a fun, fun hour. Come on the Rod Ryan Morning Show, six, The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz Incubus. Nice to know you. Welcome to the seventh spot. If you're carrying over from home room, thank you. If you're just joining us, wakey, wakey, hands off, cup takey great hour.
Speaker 2: You just if you're just tuning again, man, you haven't missed the pumpkins spice prices, Right, you did, miss?
Speaker 1: I don't say this every day. A hell.
Speaker 2: Of a fresh out of bad head to head matchup today. Everyone was a little nervous.
Speaker 1: Everyone was.
Speaker 2: Nobody was more nervous than Alex on that one double oh seven Sean Connery, I'm gonna let you go and listen.
Speaker 1: When would that be podcast? It was? I mean, I think people.
Speaker 3: Really need to go a little after eight.
Speaker 2: People need to go and listen to that game. It was really really good this morning. Sean Connery was going for win number four. There's fifteen people in the Fresh out of bad head too, had challenged this year the Tournament of Champions Alex and Chile. They want sixteen because it's an easy bracket. It's easy brackets. Yeah, it's real easy. There's no play in games.
Speaker 1: There's nobody bitching like, hey this person didn't play as many games and all of that nonsense.
Speaker 2: So what a game this morning? What a game? The one they called tim came on and these guys got some history playing each other too, So what have.
Speaker 1: We got coming up?
Speaker 2: Well, it's the pumpkins spice price is right, Alex, here in a good mood, stick around, Dude, a Wan Nation, tickets on the chopping block. Nobody has a better fall lineup than the rod Ryan Show with the Pumpkin spice Price is right coming up and then the Fall Guitarvest. Yesterday we blew out an autographed Buzzfest thirty two guitar, beautiful guitar that went out the door going on the wheel. We always maintained fourteen guitars on that wheel. Switch foot went on the wheel, switch foot on the wheel.
Speaker 1: Aron Jones was just.
Speaker 2: Added Bush has been on the wheel Three Days Grace with Adam Gautier.
Speaker 1: I already mentioned that we got new music.
Speaker 2: From Three Days Grace, I think coming up on Friday at seven twenty. They're teasing it on their Instagram right now. Some for one godsmack Hardy on the Wheel. Cool it is Hardy a part of the Country Music Awards that are on tonight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the cmaser tonight.
Speaker 4: I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere, but I'm pretty sure Hardy is going to be there.
Speaker 1: Okay, He's just one of the big names that gets thrown around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hate to pile on, but I will go ahead. Post Malone is like the biggest thing in country music right now.
Speaker 4: He's the newest biggest thing, Yeah for sure. And uh it's a big song with Morgan Wallin and.
Speaker 1: He's taken Jelly Roll out on tour with him. They're playing stadiums next year. Pretty cool. They're playing San Antonio, They're playing Dallas, and then that's it. Those are the only Texas state's.
Speaker 3: Not coming to Houston. Yeah, that is so rude.
Speaker 2: I don't want to like add to like Okay, Rod, there really isn't something going on now. I think something's going on that there are bands that are I don't. I wouldn't go to that show. It just wouldn't be something. But I want that stuff to happen to my city. I want those bands to come here. I know that's a huge, huge deal. I want that to happen here.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there there seems to be a string you're talking about my chemical romance that you know, they had a pretty escalated They had a pretty heavy ticket price for this show, for this reunion tour that they've been doing for a while, and we know that that's not coming here and it's a sold out show and it's just one of the there was a long list of bands that just are not don't have Houston on their tour dates for next year, right don't.
Speaker 1: We're gonna be fine. We're gonna have a ton of shows.
Speaker 3: It's just we had Mariah Carey last night.
Speaker 1: It's problematic. Did you go?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: I didn't go.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, why did you say you like you show?
Speaker 11: You?
Speaker 1: You shucked me off? Like, come on, Ron, I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Go to something else because I would go if I knew the Bria Carey. If the show says it starts at seventh, if I need the Mariah Carey would start performing at seven thirty, that I mean I would be there. But she is like notoriously She's like Madonna. Yeah, notoriously late.
Speaker 3: I will anyone who went to the show. I would like, I would love a review.
Speaker 1: I mean, does she do a Christmas section of the show.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Tickets over it? Listen, tickets were available yesterday.
Speaker 4: We're still like fifty two dollars in the four hundreds. Okay, So I mean that's a pretty reasonable prize.
Speaker 3: I think these days interesting.
Speaker 1: She didn't sell on right, Hey, all.
Speaker 2: Right, coming up, we're gonna play the Pumpkins. Spice price is right twenty twenty four, you've been on actual pumpkin spicce items available at retail shelves this fall season. Could win you some Maywall Nation tickets. Hype Man'll be coming in and joining us.
Speaker 3: Alex hang Out bro. I wish I could get this meeting.
Speaker 12: Unfortunately I can't grow hang out a good time.
Speaker 1: It's a good.
Speaker 3: Note this more than man.
Speaker 2: All right, let's take a short break. We'll come back and we'll set the game up. Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and The Rod Ryan Morning Show thirty four to five, The Buzz Welcome Back rod Ryan Show wild Card Wednesday. That's our Instagram feature. Let's get a lot of eyes on it this morning, on links and guests. I put a lot of time in that Looking at Girls blog page today. I'm just saying a lot of time.
Speaker 4: I think I might have some trends that I haven't looked at your Looking at Girls luggage. But I bet two of my trending stories are on that blog.
Speaker 1: It's Botox day today.
Speaker 3: Okay, well that's not one I had.
Speaker 4: But you know what, let me call my my injector talk a happy Botox.
Speaker 1: Day, Botoxian. Yeah, what do you call the person that does it.
Speaker 4: The botox Jo talks are the botoxy, Botoxer, the Lord of the botox.
Speaker 2: Ten percent chance of rain, sunny, highs of around seventy.
Speaker 1: Yes, nice and cool today. Thank you Canada. This is a Canadian colfront. That's in you, guys, always making fun.
Speaker 4: You always know, always making fund first to know that yes, because that's where you're from.
Speaker 1: You should be thanking Michael Bublaze for this weather.
Speaker 3: Alex, thank you.
Speaker 1: Say it.
Speaker 3: I won't say anything.
Speaker 1: You say it now, and you stay here for this game that's coming on.
Speaker 3: Lock the Door.
Speaker 1: What's trending?
Speaker 3: City?
Speaker 4: Thomas, the chick who went viral for being a ring girl during the Tyson Jake Paul fight, has expressed gratitude for the overwhelming support she's been receiving online.
Speaker 3: She just says, her dms are exploding. Is that on looking at girls? Maybe?
Speaker 1: I don't know. No, I don't think you had your headlining.
Speaker 3: Okay, I know you had her headlining.
Speaker 4: Earlier this week, so I didn't know if he had to follow up like like spoiler alert.
Speaker 3: She's getting a ton of dms guys.
Speaker 2: And she says there's a lot of big names that we would all know that are blowing.
Speaker 4: And you're not going to drop the tee, then don't tease me. Okay, go create your podcast like everyone else so I can subscribe. Also, Kim Kardashian put on some skimpy clothes and then posed with a robot. That robot that Elon Musk must have sent over there. It's the it's the cyber cab, the cyber cab that he had revealed with the with all the robots doing all this stuff. Well, anyway, Kim Kardashian got her own personal one and she put on some laugerie and said, you know what, I'm gonna taking a picture with this robot and I'm gonna I'm gonna puss it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think that robot cares about your titties.
Speaker 3: Not yet, Okay, not yet.
Speaker 1: I mean I do, but the robot doesn't.
Speaker 3: Okay. And then what else?
Speaker 6: What else?
Speaker 3: What is for what it is?
Speaker 4: Oh, Miller Lte is doing some yule lagger, it's a digital beer pouring fireplace, putting it on their website on Friday, and they're saying they're gonna sell it so supplies last.
Speaker 3: So these are the things that are trending on any four five the Bus.
Speaker 1: We have a link up for that.
Speaker 3: Oh mean, there you go.
Speaker 1: I think they only made about fifty of them though.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, Alex, this is a really fun game.
Speaker 2: This is what we've been waiting for here right the podcast Spice Price is right coming up.
Speaker 1: I need three of you to come on.
Speaker 2: Down and play today's Pumpkins Spice Price is Right. You're gonna been on actual Pumpkins spot an actual punkin Spice item that is available on retail shelves this fall season. Person that comes closest without going over will be the winner, and we will grant you a Wall Nation tickets for the show April first over.
Speaker 1: At the House of Blues.
Speaker 2: If it sounds like you, you know, if there's someone out there that wants to have a good time, then called Chile. Now I'm gonna make him take the calls. Jedi, We're calling you.
Speaker 1: Seven one, three, two two five.
Speaker 2: We play next The Rod Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four five.
Speaker 1: Here we go ninety four to five the Bus.
Speaker 2: Third time Blind Jumper brought Ryan Show on this wild Card Wednesday.
Speaker 1: HiPE Man just came in, Hey, hey.
Speaker 3: Man, Hi, Hypee what's going on, gig?
Speaker 4: Oh you see Alex in the hall I did.
Speaker 3: Not miss him today.
Speaker 2: All right, we're getting set up for a game around here. We're gonna play punkin spice. Price is right, But I was gonna tell you ten percent chance of rain sunny skies highs today of around seventy The Fall guitarist next hour.
Speaker 1: But just you know, are stacked fall schedule here with the rot Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: I mean, our our schedule is second or none.
Speaker 1: It's time. But the sweeping citation that's sweeping the nation.
Speaker 2: Welcome there, the pumpkin Spice, try.
Speaker 4: Him ride.
Speaker 1: Hide man joining us in studio?
Speaker 3: What's going on? Rat?
Speaker 1: You know what? I don't know. Those those intros are killing me. Ah, good to have you. Yeah, No, Alex in the hallway.
Speaker 3: He didn't see him this much.
Speaker 1: I didn't even see him. Huh, how's he do? It? Sounded great on it's in a good mood today.
Speaker 2: Actually, the brackets are still holding up for the fresh out of bed head to head.
Speaker 1: If you want to join us for any other segments, you're welcome.
Speaker 3: Really got to get out of here right after this.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go over to the phones here and uh, let's just.
Speaker 2: See who is gonna be joining us on the show today.
Speaker 1: Good morning, ron Ryan's show.
Speaker 8: Who's this?
Speaker 14: Good morning, Angela.
Speaker 2: Angelo, Angela Angela. It's Angela Angela. You're gonna be contested number one. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, so good to have you on today. Sorry about tip, everybody, don't apologize for me.
Speaker 2: Give it up for D D O. Good mourner of Hello, d D d O like hey, look out like Ronnie.
Speaker 1: All right, heyde welcome in. You are going to be bidding second in contestant row here this morning. Very good, hang on the phone for me. And last but not least is Captain Cody.
Speaker 2: Everybody, Hey, good morning family, Hello Cody, welcome, welcome, welcome to the Pumpkin Spice Price is right. We got Angela d and Captain Cody. They have all come on down. They are the next contestants on today's Pumpkin Spice Price is right. Okay, well, it's it's an exciting time everything when we come to this moment here where the hype man, thank you me, welcome back every week, that is you. Why don't you tell us about today's item up forbid?
Speaker 1: Well, rot today's item.
Speaker 3: Is Trader Joe's Pumpkin spice shout any.
Speaker 14: This limited edition beverage is made with a blend of lightlyoat California shot a man delly can tell, sweet grape juice and a touch.
Speaker 3: Of natural pumpkin spice. I'm sure that each step is it is pride rich and delicious. Is your fall holidays? Delicatelly, delicate lly sweet grape juice.
Speaker 14: It's a very fancy type of grape juice that they only make in.
Speaker 1: Friends, Robbie, delicately.
Speaker 14: Delicately, you don't understand, I know, grape juice.
Speaker 12: And this is from freeze, all right, very very classical.
Speaker 14: You compare this with a slice of your favorite puppet pie, or just sit on it.
Speaker 3: As you and wines with a stressful day work.
Speaker 14: You know what they say again, if you're doing a little holiday boosin, it's pumpkin spice wine, you should be choosing. It's a seven hundred and fifty millimeter bottle of pumpkin spice.
Speaker 1: Shout it in from the fad folks. Actually, jice, Wait.
Speaker 4: What what's saying is that I didn't know that that was a saying.
Speaker 12: You holiday boosin pumpkin spice wine.
Speaker 3: You should be choice.
Speaker 1: I never heard that. You know what they say in every you know what they say always they're just getting old and forgetting You're not day okay, hypee, Well, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: It's a wonderful description today and jee lah good morning, no, good morning?
Speaker 1: Okay? What is your bid?
Speaker 2: It's a seven hundred and fifty milli liter bottle of pumpkin spice chardonay?
Speaker 1: What is your bid?
Speaker 3: Can I ask what the content is.
Speaker 12: Of the booze?
Speaker 3: Shartenay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a pumpkin spice, like the delicatelly sweet grape juice.
Speaker 3: Okay, so it's not even okay, let's say twenty.
Speaker 2: Three, twenty three dollars everybody, that's the first bid there, twenty three dollars, all right, bang.
Speaker 1: On the phone for me.
Speaker 2: Uh D, Good morning D, good morning, Good morning D. Pumpkin spice shardenay from uh trader Joe's oh trader jokes. Yeah, what's your bid on the seven hundred and fifty millimeter bottle?
Speaker 8: I'm gonna go fourteen sixty nine?
Speaker 2: Fourteen sixty nine is the is the next bid? A very good d and Captain Cody is up next.
Speaker 1: Captain Cody good morning.
Speaker 2: What we have here is a seven hundred and fifty milli liter bottle of pumpkin spice Chardonnay from the fine folks at Trader Joe's. What is your bid? I have a bit of twenty three dollars? I have a fourteen sixty nine bid?
Speaker 1: What is your bid?
Speaker 8: I'm gonna go h fifteen dollars?
Speaker 2: Fifteen dollars is the bid? Well, we've got an interesting situation here. They have all over bid.
Speaker 3: Son, try again, everybody has over?
Speaker 1: Okay, what was your bid again, Captain Cody? Fifteen okay?
Speaker 2: Fourteen sixty three. Yeah, fourteen sixty nine was the lowest bid. Okay, here's how it works. We go in reverse order. Now, fourteen sixty nine was too much? Captain Cody? What is your bid on the seven hundred and fifty milli liter bottle of pumpkins Spye shardenay.
Speaker 8: Uh nine dollars and twenty five.
Speaker 1: Cents, nine twenty five? Where that audience still likes that, They love it. They like everything.
Speaker 3: You get crazy, they're going crazy.
Speaker 2: Oh d nine dollars, nine dollars and twenty five cents. Is the current bid? Fourteen sixty nine was too high? What is your bid on the pumpkins spy stay, I'm gonna go nine to fifty rod nine fifty.
Speaker 12: Audience, they love it, they're loving it.
Speaker 8: They do like it.
Speaker 1: Audience.
Speaker 3: You're just glied. They get to hang out with Hypee.
Speaker 2: Yeah a little longer, okay, Angelo, seven hundred and fifty milli liter bottle of pumpkins by Shardnay.
Speaker 1: What's your bid?
Speaker 3: Eight dollars?
Speaker 2: Eight dollars? Okay, here we go. I'm told that we have a winner. We have a winner. We do have a winner.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, what's you tell me the actual retail price? Please?
Speaker 12: The actual retail price?
Speaker 14: If Trader Joe's Pumpkin Spice Shrotay is six dollars and ninety nine cents.
Speaker 1: Well, well, well.
Speaker 2: Eight sixty nine, that is the closest is ninety fifty? Right on D nail, Good morning, D, good morning DP bid nine fifty?
Speaker 3: What is the actual retail price?
Speaker 1: What's the actual retail price?
Speaker 12: Six ninety nine?
Speaker 3: They were all over again.
Speaker 12: We're all over and Angela, what am I looking at here?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 14: No, well guy, I thought overtime rules might be a little dope.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's the actual retail price?
Speaker 3: Six ninety nine. I think Angelo wins that one by default.
Speaker 12: Angelo at eight.
Speaker 1: Then they were all over.
Speaker 3: It's still closest to depend now now.
Speaker 1: Then also wrote down the wrong price.
Speaker 2: Well one, two, three, Angela d and Captain Cody.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's what we're gonna do.
Speaker 3: What's the plan.
Speaker 1: Gotta do it drawing. Somebody's gotta think fast on your feet. I'm the guy to do it. Here we go, pick.
Speaker 12: One of those one.
Speaker 1: Who's the winner? Cody?
Speaker 2: What Cody's.
Speaker 1: Cody is gonna be the winner? We randomly drew.
Speaker 3: Sorry, that's my screw up.
Speaker 1: I had the wrong price written down there.
Speaker 2: I don't know what nine fifty must have been last week's.
Speaker 3: What That was still very fun, guys.
Speaker 1: Captain Cody, you're the winner today. As we did a random drawing out of the three, I couldn't do it.
Speaker 8: What do you do?
Speaker 3: Get another pro Yeah, we couldn't bit on it again. It was too much.
Speaker 1: Gave the proper way. Captain Cody, you're the winning today. What are you giving them?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 4: You get a pair to see a wall nation at the House of Blues.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it. You guys are awesome.
Speaker 11: That.
Speaker 2: Thank you Angela, thank Youdeed made it through him again. Hip man, you should probably go I'm at it normally.
Speaker 1: I like you're sticking around.
Speaker 2: You should probably get out of Houston's rocking alternatives.
Speaker 7: The rod Last Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four or five Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four five The Buzz Braaky Benjamin and The Diary of Jane Rod Ryan Show. Wildcard Wednesday. It is that chick you were talking about, the ring girl from me Thomas. Yeah, the ring girl from Friday Nights Tyson Fight. She is the Wildcard Wednesday. And I think it's Josh Tree that jumped all over that and said, hey, you guys have already been talking about her. Here's her Instagram. Let's have her featured as Wildcard Wednesday. And that's why it's doing so well.
Speaker 3: I can't wait for her podcast personally.
Speaker 2: It's crushing right now. Oh yeah, I'm sure she awesome things to say.
Speaker 1: Hot take some things.
Speaker 3: Hot chicks saying hot things.
Speaker 2: Ten chance of rain, sunny skies, highs today of around seventy. The fall Guitarvest will continue, Alex.
Speaker 1: You should stick around for that. I need you, Okay, I don't want to make sure I heard.
Speaker 3: The game was well not the best.
Speaker 2: Yeah, two rounds of people overbidding and then the price was revealed.
Speaker 1: I had the wrong price.
Speaker 12: You need me, So we.
Speaker 2: Did a random drawing, so all is right. Captain Cody was the winner.
Speaker 1: But yeah, my.
Speaker 12: First email meetings are costness.
Speaker 3: So the product Alex was from Trader Joe's.
Speaker 4: What is Trader Joe's most known for when it comes to wine, Qubuck Chuck Chuck, q Buck Chuck. So I thought they're gonna bid low anyway, and yeah, people were guessing these.
Speaker 1: They were overbidding. Two rounds of overbidding. Yeah, don't listen to the podcast.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna just cut it.
Speaker 1: What are Houston's headlights?
Speaker 4: SpaceX is learning more about Starship after its latest test flight, with President Electro watching from the star Base facility in South Texas. The super heavy rocket launched shortly after four PM.
Speaker 3: One of the highlights was.
Speaker 4: Successful in space relight of starships or raptor engines, but they aborted the famous booster catch in the latest attempt.
Speaker 3: Speaking of Trump.
Speaker 4: He's also making headlines because he's nominating TV's doctor Oz to lead the Centators for Medicine for Medicare and Medicaid services. And he also is picking Linda McMahon, the former CEO of the WWE, which he founded with her husband, Vince McMahon, for Education Secretary. So those are kind of the big headlines this morning. And then there is some weather news. One person has died and seven hundred thousand are without power. So I like think of the Seattle area, like Pacific Northwest, there was a bomb cyclone that blasted that area. The National Weather Service reported strong winds across the regions across the region, with gus exceeding seventy miles per hour in some places.
Speaker 3: So people do not have power.
Speaker 4: In like the Oregon, Washington State, and California areas where that storm moved in.
Speaker 3: Okay, Washington probably the hardest hit there.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about the holidays, because you know we love going to see our family.
Speaker 3: Don't we, guys?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, poll found forty percent of families do have open disagreements or fighting.
Speaker 3: They're fighting back and forth over there.
Speaker 1: Nothing can trigger you like somebody that's in your family.
Speaker 3: Right because they know exactly what gets you.
Speaker 4: They no one knows you better than your family, so they know what gets under your skin.
Speaker 3: Better than anyone.
Speaker 4: They also probably know stories about you that you don't want anyone else to know.
Speaker 5: Like my favorite move is like when you get up from the table, you're like, hey, uncle, uncle Joe, you know, uh Tessa, big Kamala supporter, and then you sa and then he's like, but what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just let the chaos.
Speaker 1: No politics at the table, guys, you know that?
Speaker 3: Oh my god. Okay, okay.
Speaker 4: Politics is the number one topic that can start a fight, but it did win by much.
Speaker 3: Politics are thirty four.
Speaker 4: Percent of people say, yeah, that's a frequent point of tension. But also family dynamics and past grievances like hey, remember when I invited you to my party.
Speaker 3: And you didn't come ten years ago?
Speaker 4: That was so man, that was my thirty birthday, Like, how could you do that to me?
Speaker 3: People can't let stuff go.
Speaker 1: Oh this one, oh good to see at the table. You haven't called in three weeks? Right to lose the number money.
Speaker 4: Also relationships and finances. People like don't like the people like their family members significant others, so.
Speaker 1: They pick on them. Who has some money or.
Speaker 3: Yeah remember that money and I lent you? Where's that money?
Speaker 1: Dude?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 4: So yeah, Arguing about these things are usually pointless, so you want to try to avoid them. Okay, a Netflix is facing a class action lawsuit. There's a guy who says, look, my buffering issues that I suffered during the Mike Tyson Jake Paul fight were legendary, and I know I'm not alone.
Speaker 1: Okay, get over yourself.
Speaker 4: You're gonna sueing for breach of contract and seeking unspecified damages that Netflix has acknowledged. Has acknowledged that some members had a bad experience, but they still consider the event a huge success. They now claim one hundred and eight million people watch the so called fight. So yeah, sorry, sorry about those who couldn't watch it, like me who had to stream it from TikTok. My chemical romance has long lived. The Black Parade tour is sold out. Three hundred sixty five thousand tickets within hours gone. Okay they went on so last Friday. We gave away on them before you can buy them. So don't say we're not doing our part.
Speaker 3: Okay. Uh, the appeal is clear. Okay, people want to be in their email.
Speaker 1: Is not a phase.
Speaker 3: Okay, never was a phase. Congrats to mikem on their solo out Tour. Those are Houston's having.
Speaker 12: The Rockets got are back in action tonight.
Speaker 3: They're gonna play the Pacers at the Toyota at seven o'clock.
Speaker 6: Can you can listen to that game over on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety. In college football news, the latest college football playoff rankings came out last night. If the season we're to end today, the top four seeds would be Oregon, Texas, Miami, and Boise State, so UT would get.
Speaker 12: A first round by assuming that they went out.
Speaker 6: You can go see the full college football playoff rankings and playoff standings right now on our sports blog page today and then also.
Speaker 12: Maybe you want to watch a little college football this weekend. Called ten seven one three two two five nine.
Speaker 6: Five is gonna win a pair of Texas c ae U of H to take on Baylor this Saturday at TDECU Stadium. It's the Houston Blue Game. It's also Senior Day. Go check out the Koogs called ten seven three two two five nine for five.
Speaker 3: Those tickets are yours all right.
Speaker 2: Next hour, the fall guitar bests, the wheel will be spun.
Speaker 1: We'll get things rolling. At about eight twenty, rock.
Speaker 3: And Alternative Fair Houston around.
Speaker 7: Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go, four bus, half white, part of the show. People, it's green Day, basket Case, wild Card Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 2: Is pretty famous, well pretty famous since Friday night. It's that ring girl that everybody has been talking about all week long. Will she get a podcast?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Come on, naturally, Really, this is the next this is how it goes.
Speaker 12: It's the next step.
Speaker 2: Okay, she didn't say anything. There's no real catchphrase or anything like that.
Speaker 3: But I don't think she needs a catchphrase. She's got the audience now.
Speaker 1: She just I don't know, just for some reason.
Speaker 2: She caught everyone's eye on Friday night at the on the Tyson fight.
Speaker 3: There's some reason she's hot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but she's not. She's not leaps and bounds hotter than the other ring girls. They're all hot.
Speaker 3: They're a hot girls like this walking around everywhere.
Speaker 4: But if you put a camera on them, you put a little shine on them, it's like, who is that?
Speaker 3: I've gotta know?
Speaker 1: Hot? Take she that be the hottest girl that night as a ringer girl.
Speaker 3: Well I talked about that yesterday.
Speaker 4: How just depending on your taste, That's why I retweeted all the ring girls on our ex I thought all.
Speaker 1: Of them were beautiful, beautiful.
Speaker 2: Size, right right, Well, Josh Trees said, well, listen, you guys have already been talking about her.
Speaker 1: Why don't you feature her? So she is the wild card.
Speaker 2: Wednesday today, so make sure you go and you check that out on the world famous Rod Ryan show page at thebuzz dot com.
Speaker 3: US Weekly already interviewed her.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, all right, sunny skies today ten percent. She has a rain pies of around seventy. You know what's coming up? I see the wheel ready to go. We'll talk about that in just a second. Restaurants, this is on the there's a food blog page up today. I should at least tell you what the headliner is because there is some kind of a.
Speaker 1: Miller light.
Speaker 12: Is it a mule log or something.
Speaker 2: The fire it's a digital beer pouring fireplace that's got its own that's got its own blog page. Pizza Hut is selling pizza flavored wine.
Speaker 3: Oh, I sell this one.
Speaker 1: It's their own pizza flavored wine.
Speaker 2: They say it captures the essence of your favorite slice in every sip.
Speaker 1: They're selling.
Speaker 2: Half bottles like three hundred and seventy five million liters half bottles for twenty five dollars. I think they're using instead of grapes. I think they're using tomatoes. It's Tomato Wine by Pizza Hut. That's the name of it too, Tomato Wine by Pizza Hut, very catchy. So they partnered with a winery in Kansas, because when you think good wine, you think Kansas.
Speaker 3: Right, Like, that's where tomato.
Speaker 2: Everybody knows, that's where all the best tomatoes are. So that's on the food blog page today. But something that I thought, is it just them trying to a Is it an industry plant Are they trying this?
Speaker 1: Is the restaurant industry planting this?
Speaker 2: Or the restaurant industry thinks that there may be a new trend of dining out on Wednesdays in twenty twenty five to break up the work week. Do you want to go out to eat on Wednesday night? Because it's like, let's just break up this work week right now. I don't want to go out during the week.
Speaker 1: It seems made up, right, like, let's make something.
Speaker 2: Let's create a Wednesday go out to eat day so Wednesdays can't be the busiest day Tuesdays. Wednesday has a feel to it, Wednesday and hump Day and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: Gravy Day. If you were going to create a day, you would think, I mean, what's the worst day at a restaurant? Tuesday?
Speaker 6: Say Monday, Tuesday, because I feel like Thursday you have people that are ramping up for the weekend, so they're like, let's go out partying.
Speaker 1: For a long time.
Speaker 3: Thursday's a good day to say.
Speaker 1: Thursday is a big day to go out to eat for a long time.
Speaker 2: In this city, oil and gas Man people worked every other every other Friday.
Speaker 1: I thought you meant like worst day to like work as like at a restaurant, what's the slowest tie for a restaurant Monday and Tuesday.
Speaker 2: So it seems like the rest of it kind of seems like the restaurant industry.
Speaker 1: Not everybody sells tacos.
Speaker 2: The restaurant industry is trying to come up with something and they want us to break up the week and go out. I don't know if they're going to offer specific specials. They say, we're doing this on our own. That's how they're gaslighting us. They're like, hey, you guys are just doing this on your own already, And then now I'm led to believe that everyone's going out on a Wednesday. I heard rod Ryan talking about everybody goes out to eat on Wednesday. Now, let's go out on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Well I'm not saying that.
Speaker 2: But they're saying that that's happening, or that could be a new trend in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Wednesday's got a feel ohday, Yeah, you know, Wednesday's got a little bit of a thing. It is National Botox Day.
Speaker 3: How are you out?
Speaker 15: I don't know.
Speaker 1: By looking surprised, by like.
Speaker 4: Just moving your face around is showing.
Speaker 2: Off by not moving anything on my face? Everything does move on my face.
Speaker 1: I've never gotten.
Speaker 3: Botox because you're a natural beauty.
Speaker 1: I mean where would where would I get shot up? On my forehead?
Speaker 4: Right there on the forehead, yeah, right there, a little bit on the eyes, yeah, like on the outside.
Speaker 3: Crazy, it wouldn't. It just freezes you? Yeah, it freezes you and it makes you look smooth.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think I want that.
Speaker 2: It's botulism that they're putting in you.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: Botox is botulism.
Speaker 3: Right to paralyze the muscle.
Speaker 1: How long does it last?
Speaker 3: Depends on the person.
Speaker 6: But you know, paralyzing a part of your body always seems like a good idea.
Speaker 4: Right, paralyzing a muscle, so it doesn't create that wrinkle.
Speaker 3: So it just seems like a red flag of.
Speaker 2: So it depends on the person. If somebody goes in for botox, when do you need to go back in?
Speaker 4: I would say if you're a first time er, probably five months, but if you're a but if you're a new timer, maybe six if you stretch it, but like a year. But for me, like once every three months probably maybe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're getting shots of this?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, where in my forehead?
Speaker 4: Okay, in my forehead sometimes right I hear my crows feet.
Speaker 3: I've recently done my masters, which is right here. It's good for people.
Speaker 4: If you grind your teeth at night, it relaxes the muscle. So right here is like where your jaw, like behind your ear, almost like to.
Speaker 1: Go to your dimples and go straight back. Yeah, okay, like.
Speaker 4: That, so right here, so like if you grind your teeth at night, it relaxes that muscle. Okay, and and I'll put them it also in recently I've been doing my neck band, so my neck muscles, don't pull down on my face and make it droopy.
Speaker 2: And you're going every three months or so just about Yeah, it's a real small needle.
Speaker 1: I mean, it doesn't doesn't.
Speaker 3: Hurt, doesn't hurt.
Speaker 1: Golly, Okay, love it, you love it.
Speaker 3: I love it, you love it.
Speaker 1: That's how it starts. That's how it starts.
Speaker 3: It's been going on for some time though.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, it's the fall Guitarvest plus past thirty two, awesome guitar yesterday, autographed guitar went out the door or switch foot switch foot.
Speaker 1: Went on the wheel, some forty one still in play. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: The one that people are talking to me most about are now Godsmack, the one that's just signed by Godsmack, and the highly Suspect one, which is a broken guitar which was broken on stage.
Speaker 1: Somebody must have some pictures and video of that.
Speaker 6: We did give away a Buzzfest one last or yesterday that had Godsmack signature.
Speaker 1: Sure this is solo Godsmack, It sure did.
Speaker 2: And I think highly Suspect was on that one too, So this is These are solo guitars. But there are a few other Buzzfest ones on there. Buzzfest twenty twenty one, Buzzfest twenty two, some forty one on the wheel. Still all right, here's what's gonna happen. We're gonna take a break. Someone's gonna spin the wheel.
Speaker 3: I am name, Okay, Yeah, someone named Alex.
Speaker 2: Okay, Alex is gonna spin the wheel. Apparently that's his thing. Yeah, he's gonna spin the wheel. You'll know what you're calling in for. We'll take the nine calls. You know what we're gonna do to them. Then the caller, the tenth caller is going to get that autograph guitar.
Speaker 1: Good luck, guys, Rock and Alternative Verse.
Speaker 3: The Rod Ryan Morning Show, six Am, The Buzz ninety.
Speaker 2: Four or five, The Buzz, Welcome Back rod Ryan Show. Wild Card Wednesday by far and away the number one link today.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Ten percent chance of rain, sunny skies. Highs of only seventy today. It's not even sixty out, is it real? It's fifty eight outside right now. Thank you Canada. So it's some sort of Canadian air that's coming.
Speaker 1: In right now.
Speaker 3: Thank you Canada.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Michael Boubla, Okay, thank you to Gordon Lightfoot.
Speaker 3: They're not responsible.
Speaker 2: Gordon Lightfoot is, Oh, he's not. It's the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald. It's the it's the wins from the Edmund.
Speaker 1: Fitzgerald that are rolling through. Now, what do you have over there that's trending?
Speaker 4: Sher was on the Today Show yesterday and she dropped an f bomb.
Speaker 1: She's got a new book out or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she has a new book out.
Speaker 4: And she was talking about Lucille Ball because she wants to ask Lucille Ball for advice about her hardships and her relationships and that her husband Studdy Bono at the time. And Hoda asked her, like, what did what did Lucille say? What did Lucille Ball say? And She's like, she couldn't say it on TV? And then Coddy said they would bleep it out, and Cher said that Ball told her to fit, you're the one with the talent. And then Hoda starts laughing and it's like.
Speaker 3: We don't have a delay. And then Cher was like, you just told me I could swear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean the go ahead.
Speaker 3: It was very confusing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I give him an FCC find out the door. Take it out of my severance, all right?
Speaker 1: What else Sher is on the looking at girls.
Speaker 4: Blood puts also okay, well so is Maria Giorgas who dressed like share for Halloween. But Maria Giorgas is the one who supposedly broke up with Pete Davidson. Remember yesterday we were saying, did Pete Davidson? The Sun tabloid said he checked into There are multiple news outlets going with this story that Pete is bent down bad.
Speaker 3: He took a private jet to go check in a rehab and Maria Jurgis, who is from.
Speaker 4: The Bachelor, said, Okay, Pete is not in rehab and I never dated him, so you can go click on her side of the story. That's a headlining look in a girl's blog page right now. So that and then we were talking about all the food places and how restaurants are like trying to make eating out on Wednesdays a thing. But did you see Chili's drop their holiday merch and there is a triple dipper betting option that if Alex doesn't get for Christmas. I'm beside myself, I mean, like, right, is everyone getting you this? All kinds of triple dip merch from Chili's out Now, that's what's trending on night of four The buzz.
Speaker 1: That's his favorite place.
Speaker 2: I got a great email here from a past I mean not that far in the past, but a past guitarist winner. Tyson says, just want to let you guys know how thankful I am for that buzz Fast fourteen guitar.
Speaker 1: I'm glad not to be included in the.
Speaker 2: Discussion when you talk about those first two guys, Thatt one before me. I'm looking forward to picking it up in a couple of weeks, hoping I can work it out that we can get a picture together when I come get it. All these events I've been to so happy about it included in there, the twentieth anniversary party, I've still not gotten to meet you guys in person. Really, how is that possible? All right, Tyson, when you come and pick up your guitar, We'll get a picture with you when you come and get it.
Speaker 1: Are you ready to spin the wheel? I guess you're I guess, I'm I'm sure Everyboddy he just boxed Tessa out.
Speaker 3: Jesus.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go get a good one in there. That's good.
Speaker 12: That's a real good one right there.
Speaker 3: You can hear it so.
Speaker 1: Master for one.
Speaker 12: I think that's a good one.
Speaker 3: That's a real good spin.
Speaker 2: All right, good spin. You know how it's gonna work. In four minutes, I will release the they're all busy. I've got them all zeroed out right now. In four minutes, I will go and take the nine calls and then the tenth call. But you know what we're gonna do to those nine. We're gonna torture them, Yes, torture ten style. Coming up, we'll give away that some forty one guitar. The fall guitarvist rolls on Ryan shown but ninety four five Buzz Nickelback's rock.
Speaker 3: Star God, can that song be any longer?
Speaker 2: I never heard it was a long one. It was four minutes. It's four minutes. That's the hour the attention span of these kids.
Speaker 1: In cool song.
Speaker 2: All right, well listen, I hope you're off to a great start to your day. We wanted to let these things, I mean, people are just calling NonStop.
Speaker 1: I want to let these phones brew a little bit, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: At sunny skies today, Thank you Canada for the nice cool air.
Speaker 1: Ten percent chance.
Speaker 2: Rains in the upper fifties right now, the high will be sixty nine, Alex n.
Speaker 1: I hit seventy today.
Speaker 3: I don't wanna you don't watch it?
Speaker 4: No thanks soup season Dames.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's the guitar up for grabs today?
Speaker 6: Alex Yeah, good spin, dude, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: I mean, think about it. If that is true and they don't go out on tour anymore, there's no more autographed guitars from some forty one.
Speaker 3: We'll never give one away again.
Speaker 1: This is a band that says they're not touring anymore. They're not good. That means they're not all together. How are you gonna get one side?
Speaker 3: You can't only it?
Speaker 1: So I just it just hit. This is a really big guitar today on the on the on the wheels. Okay, let's go over to the phone here. Let's say hi to some people.
Speaker 2: Good morning, rod Ryan's shown.
Speaker 15: Hi.
Speaker 3: Who's this?
Speaker 15: Anna?
Speaker 1: Anna Banana? How are you? When did you start calling?
Speaker 2: Because I said, you know, we're gonna play nickelback, and you know then I'll come back and I'll take the calls.
Speaker 1: When do you start calling for the guitar immediately?
Speaker 12: A couple of men us ago about halfway through the song.
Speaker 1: Halfway through the song. Okay, I see how that works. Yeah, you're trying to trying to time it out a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Timing is everything. Timing is everything. And you are today's first caller, ow Rock. Sorry an first first is the worst of this.
Speaker 1: Good Morning rob Ryan's Show.
Speaker 8: Good morning.
Speaker 1: Well, Hello, who's this? Hello? This is Megan Megan disease.
Speaker 3: Oh no, sorry, me gone disease.
Speaker 1: Hey, Good morning Rob Ryan Show. Get your mind right? Who is this.
Speaker 8: Laurie? What?
Speaker 3: She's got her own drop?
Speaker 1: I feel like there's four people on the phone right now. You walking talking lri.
Speaker 2: Hi. Hi, you got a couple of phone lines working over there? Yes, who's that dude in the background.
Speaker 8: That's why he was on his phone?
Speaker 4: Hi, husband, Then you'll merge the calls. No, no, no, I just have the other phone and he's.
Speaker 8: Got you know, we both have a phone.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well let's see one. Two.
Speaker 2: You can't keep me cooped up in here, Okay, I I have a peacock. You gotta let me fine, all right, you're both caller three.
Speaker 1: Good morning rod Ryan Show. Hey, Hey, who's this? Guess what? News flash? We're screwed?
Speaker 2: Oh Barty, Good morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Good morning This is Mike. Hi, Mike, how are you.
Speaker 3: I'm doing well.
Speaker 2: Taking those ten calls right now for the some forty one guitar today too.
Speaker 1: Man, that's a big deal. This is what I like. That's what I like to tell people.
Speaker 12: Anyone freak that out there.
Speaker 1: Okay, you got Key, Mark and Poloser.
Speaker 2: Call number five, Bro, Good morning, Rob Ryansham.
Speaker 3: What's going?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 1: What's up? Who's this? This is Matt? Hey, Matt, you're calling for the guitar?
Speaker 3: Yes, sir?
Speaker 1: One? Two three?
Speaker 10: Here f and him like a Thanksgiving turkey.
Speaker 3: Call her number six, Bro, he's doctor Phil.
Speaker 2: Good morning. Hey, who's this? Welcome in on the guitarist calls. You want that some forty one guitar?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I do.
Speaker 1: Are you the tenth caller?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 1: God, no God please?
Speaker 2: Yes, that's the worst one case.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Casey, that's all right.
Speaker 1: Think Good morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 1: What's up is this?
Speaker 8: There's George?
Speaker 3: George?
Speaker 1: You get nothing? Sir didn't even toy with him a little bit. That was called number eight. Good morning, rod Ryan Show. O, Hi, this is a Alisha.
Speaker 2: Let's do this baby, let's go.
Speaker 1: We're looking for caller number ten. I got the call.
Speaker 12: I got.
Speaker 1: Sorry alisawhere so rude, so rude. Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Good morning. Hello. Who's this Chris? Chris, I can't even mess with you your collar ten?
Speaker 8: Are you serious?
Speaker 2: Yes, dude, you've got the autograph some forty one guitar. You are today's fall guitar rist winner.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that is awesome. It is awesome. Don't but where are you from?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 1: Houston? Congratulations dude some forty one.
Speaker 2: There might not be another some forty one guitar ever autographed by all these guys.
Speaker 1: No, because they get one sign. They all got to be together.
Speaker 2: There's got to be a show, and they say they're not doing anywhere shows. Dude, this is I just talked myself into. This is one of the best guitars on the wheel.
Speaker 3: I think responsible for the call front. Also, ye, absolutely sure, that's think you can nowhere?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, snow informers.
Speaker 8: Like the time I've ever been able to get through.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited.
Speaker 3: Finally someone's excited about something out.
Speaker 1: God, Chris, that amazes me because it's probably the hardest time to get through this and like maybe three your Friday, this is like the most impossible time to get through, Chris, and you made it call her number ten, The Guitars Years, The Fall Guitarist.
Speaker 2: Baby, You're the star today.
Speaker 8: Thank you'll so much.
Speaker 1: All right, man, congratulations, hang on for me, Chris.
Speaker 2: Some forty one comes off the Wheel, going on the Wheel. He signed it when he came through when he was doing his little solo deal.
Speaker 1: Scott's Stap goes on the Wheel.
Speaker 2: Scott Stap autographed guitar on the Wheel tomorrow for the big spin at eight twenty.
Speaker 1: It's the Fall Guitar Best of Us.
Speaker 12: Rock and Altearn and I'm very use soon The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 7: I'm six to ten AM.
Speaker 2: Ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Sublime.
Speaker 1: We're getting ready for the final Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now, what we haven't done yet, and we've done a lot, but we haven't gotten somebody qualified for that trip to our Alter Ego show.
Speaker 1: That's a big one.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 2: We're gonna give somebody a copy of Cage the Elephant's Knon Pill on vinyl and then put you in the drawing on Friday for two a trip for two to Alter Ego. January eleventh, out in California. Cage the Elephant Incubus, Lumineer's Glass Animals, Offspring, just to name a few of the bands that are on that bill. Yeah, this is our trip to give away on Friday show. We'll get somebody qualified closer to around nine ten this morning. Nothing over a ten percent chance of rain, sunny skies today, and I mean.
Speaker 1: We might hit seventy degrees today, all right, Houston's Headlines. One final time, Another.
Speaker 4: Successful test flight of the space X Starship is in the history books. A super heavy rocket launch shortly after four pm yesterday from the starbas facility here in South Texas.
Speaker 3: President elect Donald Trump was on hand. Is the highlight of the flight was the in space relight of starships rafter engines. That was very successful.
Speaker 4: And then SpaceX decided during the flight to wave off a booster catch saying that certain criteria had been met, so instead of catching the booster, it made us splashdown in the golf of Mexico and.
Speaker 3: It exploded shortly afterwards.
Speaker 4: Starship splashed down in the Indian Ocean just over an hour after launch.
Speaker 3: So that's what's going on there.
Speaker 4: To get you caught up there, we were kind of waiting on that flight all week, and then President elect Trump has a pick for his Education secretary.
Speaker 3: This is making headlines.
Speaker 4: A leader from the world of pro wrestling, so Linda McMahon has been named for the cabinet position. McMahon is the former CEO of WWE, which she founded with her husband, Vince McMahon. If we don't know a little bit about Linda, she had stepped down from that position of chief executive in order to enter politics. She actually ran twice for a US Senate seat in Connecticut, but she also served on the connetic Get Board of Education for a year starting in two.
Speaker 3: Thousand and nine.
Speaker 4: She has spent a significant amount of campaign dollars to support former President Trump when he was running the first time, like back in twenty sixteen. I believe she's known him and she has been a relative unknown in education circles, but she's expressed her support for like charter schools and school choice.
Speaker 3: So that was a big headline.
Speaker 4: And then Donald Trump nominating TV celebrity Doctor Oz to lead the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Doctor Oz posted on The X yesterday that he looks forward to working with Robert F. Kennedy Junior, so lots of moving and shaking going on. Right now, let's talk about driving, because a study in Australia found it would make roads safer if people had to retake their driver's tests at age fifty.
Speaker 3: Now here's the thing.
Speaker 4: Fatal crashes ninety percent of them involved people under twenty five. That's why insurance often for younger people is more expensive. But did you know that one percent of them involve people over the age of sixty five? Ey cite reaction times. Those get worse as we age. But it's also about bad driving habits that we really that they go unchecked if we aren't having them take a test about him, right, So.
Speaker 1: Then make it sixty.
Speaker 2: You know, like you said too, you're saying that the number that's being thrown around is do it at five if the problem. But I'm saying what they're saying is when maybe you retest at fifty, do it at sixty.
Speaker 12: I agree, a great sixty fifty to fifty.
Speaker 1: You're pretty sharp.
Speaker 4: I mean, most people listener refresher course would be a pain in the ass. But if it helps people, if it saves lives, it's like okay. In a poll last month, a quarter of Americans said, they're not sure if they could pass our written exam driving tests.
Speaker 12: They had to take it.
Speaker 4: Right now, let's talk about Jay Leno. He suffered a black eye and facial bruising. He was man, he's getting a lot of accidents. He hit his head on a rock as well. So he was talking to TMZ. They caught him outside. He had that bruised face. He had an arm and a brace.
Speaker 3: He say.
Speaker 4: This incident happened on Friday night before a stand up show in Pennsylvania. He's okay, He said. He was trying to take a shortcut from a hotel to a restaurant. Anyway, he went on to do somehow perform. He says, a show must go on.
Speaker 1: Oh he's wearing a patch on his eye like a pirate.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: He filled out a hill at a hotel trying to take a short cut rather than walk down a path. He wiped out, gave himself all those injuries. And he remember back in twenty twenty two he burned his hand in his face. He was working on a car in his garage, and then he had got knocked off his motorcycle.
Speaker 3: He had suffered broken bones.
Speaker 1: A lot of accent.
Speaker 3: That was last year. Yeah, Jay is somehow seventy four years old and just keeps trucking.
Speaker 4: There is a new Coldplay album about Moon music Full Moon addition, and with a new album you get new music singles like the Karate Kid.
Speaker 3: It's a new song on the album.
Speaker 4: And Ralph Machio was bragging about this song on social media last month, calling it a beautiful.
Speaker 3: Track, and Chris Martin was like, you think you like that, Ralph? Okay, well why don't you be in the music video for the song called the Karate Kid. That makes the most sense.
Speaker 1: It's a really good video.
Speaker 2: Ralph Matrio is lip syncing, but he is in Central Park or maybe in a park somewhere, and he's got a little piano set up and he's got his little tip jar and he's like kind of going around.
Speaker 1: I didn't watch the whole thing, but it's really good. It's really good. I mean, it's hard to have to root for Ralph Machio. I don't know. He just seems like a good guy.
Speaker 3: He's likable.
Speaker 12: Those are Houston sid We.
Speaker 1: Have a cabinet position for him, the department of the Department of Daniel Son. Yeah, the Rising Sun BEANGI all right, what do you got?
Speaker 3: Rockets are back in action tonight.
Speaker 6: They're gonna host the Pacers in the Toyota Center. Tip Off is at seven o'clock and you can listen to that game over on our sister station, Sportstop seven ninety. In the latest college football playoff rankings they came out last night. If the season ended today, the top four seeds right now, it would be Oregon, Texas, Miami, and Boise State, so UT would get a first round by assuming they went out. You can just see a full college football playoff rankings on our sports blog page today. That's what's going on in sports Houston, Rock Houston's alternative All Day and The Rock Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Ninety five ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for having us on fourth and final hour. It's nine oh five. We have a beautiful looking fall day.
Speaker 2: If you wanted to get something planned to be outdoors today, awesome day.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 1: Ten percent chancell rain. That's as high as I see sunny skies. High of sixty nine. Alex isn't here. I'll do it for him. Noise, yeah, sixty nine maybe seventy degrees maybe seventy degrees today. That is awesome.
Speaker 2: We'm go get I'm gonna get one of you qualified for that trip. This is again I can't stress enough. This is us giving away a trip to you, our listeners of The Rod Ryan Show, not a national contest. We'll get you a qualifying prize and we'll get you in the hopper for Friday's drawing. Chile's gonna have five names in the hopper on Friday, and one of our listeners is uh.
Speaker 1: Probably for most of us, that would be your first trip of the year.
Speaker 2: Right January eleventh, we'll send you out to California to our alter ego show that's coming up in.
Speaker 1: Just a little bit, right, it's like, thank you Alex, a little Michael booblay.
Speaker 3: He didn't put that in there, Alex, just Scott here you did that. I looked at you did that.
Speaker 1: I looked over and it was right there, INSI because of me. It was in CD three. It was right. There's no CD it was right there. What's this?
Speaker 3: Oh he's gone?
Speaker 2: Anyways, listen, we can think Canada for this nice cold air that we're happy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to blame Canada, not thinking.
Speaker 1: That I earned dreaming. Thank you Michael, I did some Christmas shopping yesterday.
Speaker 3: Oh La, law, where'd you go? What'd you get?
Speaker 1: Online?
Speaker 2: Can't say what I got, but there was a deal that was an exploding offer and it was.
Speaker 1: A real offer as it was a deal. It was a deal yesterday. It was like tiktick, tik tik tick. You got fourteen hours to get in on this, and it was like a pre Black Friday deal. Alex always wanted a bomb for Christmas? Are you checking these things in your email? I got? I started. Actually I bought something last week? Is any okay? So I'm assuming I'm the first one to buy a Christmas present?
Speaker 3: Not Cracker Market. I'm telling you, for you, no, for you idiots.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, we're getting soup.
Speaker 3: This is the earliest I've ever got.
Speaker 4: You're not getting soup, But if you'd like some soup, I can arrange it is.
Speaker 1: What you bought us? Does it? Does it need to be mixed with sour cream?
Speaker 3: No, it's so good.
Speaker 1: It's a dip. Is it a nutcracker?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: Stop asking me questions, no more hints.
Speaker 1: You went, you went Holliday shopping?
Speaker 3: Derek was with me. No, I'm like, hey, are these what's funny is that Derek wanted one and I bought all of them. I said, no, I have there are guys that need these.
Speaker 1: Are we all three getting the same thing?
Speaker 4: One of your gifts is yes, all similar, but not there but there will be different variations.
Speaker 2: Same these similar gifts. God Online, So I have purchased something for you guys. Yea, I have purchased you all use guys.
Speaker 1: And then I made two other purchases for I'm up to five purchases now for Christmas.
Speaker 15: Good?
Speaker 3: How good does it feel?
Speaker 1: It does feel good.
Speaker 3: I mean it's hit it out the way.
Speaker 1: But I haven't made my list yet, do you guys?
Speaker 11: Do you?
Speaker 2: I saved lists from previous years just so I have the people down so I can kind of compare what I bought last year. Has to see if I'm still hitting the things.
Speaker 3: Text it twice. You're just like Santa, I got to hit the.
Speaker 2: Things now when I just saw over here, I got everyone's getting hit with the emails now right?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: See I when you have a kid, Alex, this is for you, too easy, canvas Prince. I almost get worried that it's too much. It's eighty nine percent off canvas prints right now. You mean to tell me that normally you're charging me eighty nine percent more, Like it's almost counterproduction.
Speaker 3: That's a bad company.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what, anything with a picture, whether it's a canvas print, if it's framing, if it's art quality glass.
Speaker 1: From the love of god, it's so expensive. Yeah, it's so unbelievably expensive.
Speaker 2: You see these deals out there, though, I get upset when I see eighty nine percent.
Speaker 1: Off right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I think it's only the one size, Like you're running a racket and they have time and they hope that you maybe get some other canvas prints because when you get you need to get some canvas prints for the first.
Speaker 1: Eighty nine percent off.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna support a company, but it kind of makes it does make me upset, like I think I do not support terrists. I can't just be happy that I'm getting eighty nine percent off. I'm like, you sons of bitches are charging me ninety percent more during the year.
Speaker 6: Now I'm gonna go like, I want you to give me their name during the break and we have one star, I'm on a review.
Speaker 1: Bath and Beyond is still at it. Huh Are they well?
Speaker 6: Went out of business, and then they didn't go out of business, and then they did, and then they didn't.
Speaker 2: Overstock took them over Oka, but they're still using There's no brick and mortars, so they're still they're online.
Speaker 13: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Do not waste my time with a seventeen percent off to your entire order. Don't waste my time, go twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Let's talk.
Speaker 1: I'll also say I.
Speaker 2: Get upset when somebody says, hey, it's ten percent off right now.
Speaker 1: It's that's not something to announce. Yeah that you should be embarrassed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like, shut your filthy mouth.
Speaker 1: Ten percent means nothing is cool.
Speaker 3: If you like a promo car, no, let me tell you what's cool. But if it's always ten percent off, I.
Speaker 1: Feel like I need to wait. If they're going ten, that means they're going to go higher later on. I feel like it's a game of chicken. Go ahead, give me free shipping.
Speaker 3: That's all I care about. One thousand dollars. Just give me free shipping.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of demanding that on everything right now. Yeah, that's just no.
Speaker 2: No, No, I need my threshold. It needs to be twenty percent off and free shipping, right.
Speaker 3: You can't have the guests for free.
Speaker 1: You have to pay something, and then I'm out of business with you.
Speaker 3: I'll steal them.
Speaker 1: Then I'm out of business.
Speaker 15: All greage Christmas, Christmas, Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: Don't forget that next week first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is.
Speaker 2: This is a way you get out of my inbox. Seventeen percent off, get out of my bow.
Speaker 6: You're just saying, thank you, I want three give me ninety nine point nine percent off for I'll want it, bro.
Speaker 1: That's so you signed canvas Prince. I was just gonna send it over to you. Now I'm not.
Speaker 12: I'm not going to you. I don't support I'm building all of my gifts.
Speaker 3: Thank you like a real man. I just cut down a tree. I don't know what I'm gonna make. Maybe a canoe.
Speaker 1: What are you giving away right now? Before he says something dumber, a handmade canoe? Please with a hatchet, email, what are you giving away?
Speaker 4: Neon pill on vinyl? That's Cage the Elephant's newest album.
Speaker 3: So you get that on vinyl? That that that would be I would be stoked if I got that for Christmas. By the way, So.
Speaker 4: You're gonna get that and then I'm gonna put you in the grand prize drawing a trip for two alter ego.
Speaker 3: This is this is like for a lover gift triple to you to alter ego.
Speaker 4: January eleventh, in La Obviously, Cage's the Elephant, but so many more Incubis, glass Animals, the Offspring, Lumineers, Saint Vincent.
Speaker 3: I could go on and on, won't.
Speaker 2: I would not get you a Cage the Elephant vinyl because I don't think you have a record player.
Speaker 3: I don't, but I still would like it.
Speaker 4: I got I'm like, I'm you havena Selena the number ones on vinyl and I love it.
Speaker 3: Also, Travis has a vinyl player, so you do with it. Just let Travis playing for me.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so there is a vinyl, there's a there's a record player in play around. Okay, all right, very good, all right, I'm looking for clue. Look at for caller ten Rock and Alternative Fuse.
Speaker 7: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four to five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show wild Card Wednesday is killing it today on links and guests Killing it. Let's go over to the phones here.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Hello, Hi, who's this? This is Nick, Nick, your caller number ten. Congratulations.
Speaker 1: What is he won? What is he qualified for?
Speaker 8: Nick?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give you a copy.
Speaker 4: Of Dave Yelephant's Me on Pill on Vinyl, and then I'm gonna qualify you for this grand prize.
Speaker 3: We're gonna do it on Friday.
Speaker 4: It's a it's a drawing for a trip for two people to go see Alter Ego on January eleventh in La. Of course that'll be with KG Elephant, Incubus, Luminars and so so many more, so much more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, compress, Thank you so much, Nick. You have a one in five shot of winning that trip on Friday. I'm ready. I'm ready too. I'm ready too. We'll have a drawing before we get out of here on Friday. So good luck to you, all right, hang on, thank.
Speaker 15: You so much.
Speaker 3: Online, it's Alex online.
Speaker 1: The muzz. Okay, what you got over there?
Speaker 6: Well, I don't know why, but my my algorithm thinks that I'm into learning what the ick is for a bunch of girls. And then there's a guy that lists like all of the things that guys do there the ick, which I guess is the biggest turn off to girls. Yeah, I'm not single, nor trying to like compress, like trying to court anyone. So I don't know why that's my my feed, but I can can't stop watching them. So you're gonna find out what your itch is today.
Speaker 1: Do you think people that have the get a lot of things in their algorithm?
Speaker 6: Maybe perhappy I am the my I is that I'm an elitist. Do I seem like an elitist?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 11: I do.
Speaker 3: I seem like an elitist at the Scotch.
Speaker 6: I feel like I'm pretty common man. But maybe that's the part about me. So go go answer a couple of these questions and you're gonna find out what yourich is. I will and don't do that thing because it's gonna turn people off.
Speaker 1: Ride so it'll fly tell you if you or not.
Speaker 6: No, you we all have an it which is like the biggest turn off to the opposite sect to find out what yours is.
Speaker 3: Apparently mine is that I am an elitist. Way to go, not that I cannot snobbery. Well check it out.
Speaker 6: Find out what Jurich is today at the world famous road Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 3: You like friends too much? You know how to take a quiz. Yeah, it says I'm ross.
Speaker 1: It wasn't it sent me the wrong one again. It set me the wrong one again.
Speaker 8: Got him online.
Speaker 1: It's Alix online. Ninety four The Buzz, Good morning, Rod Ryan's show. Okay, this kind of just landed in my lap.
Speaker 15: Oh what.
Speaker 1: Got a time for a quick email?
Speaker 3: Always okay, make some time. Even if I didn't have time, I would just create it.
Speaker 2: Sandra sends this in brother Rod love the show. Listen every day six to ten.
Speaker 1: Thank you, It's awesome. Six to ten.
Speaker 2: We did thanksgiving up my grandma's house early. We went this weekend. It was so hot inside my sister and I were sweating, so we told my husband to go turn the heat off. My grandma found out that he touched her thermostat, and now she's pissed. She said, quote, he must have must not have been raised right end quote. Even though we're the ones that told him to go and turn the heat off, we told her it was us, she's still mad at him. We set them up.
Speaker 1: You cannot what's the problem.
Speaker 3: They're still friends with grandma.
Speaker 13: Guy.
Speaker 4: That guy should have said no, yeah, it's not your grandma, don't He got convinced so now what one of the top five rudest things you can do in someone's home.
Speaker 1: Number one touch their thermostats.
Speaker 6: Why get for them to like you're like, we're so thankful we're all together as a family, but also I hate your your.
Speaker 3: It's the rudest that you can do as a host. Us smoking old, You don't know you're old.
Speaker 1: Granny's are always wearing sweaters? Are old. The top five rudest things you can do in someone's home, Number one is touch the thermostat. Number two, upper decker, that's what those are the rules?
Speaker 3: What's the upper decker?
Speaker 1: You poop in the upper deck the tank?
Speaker 3: She can't.
Speaker 2: That's thermostat is worse than an upper decker because everybody knows you get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, upper decker is just like, what is this?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Every time I flush? It's weird.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you just assume that if it's hot in a grandma's house, just assume that you're gonna sweat off a lot of the pounds.
Speaker 3: Eat more.
Speaker 1: Those two sisters, and one of them emailed me, you're evil, okay for setting him up like that.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying they should be arrested. I think they should be ticketed though waterboarded. Her husband needs to You should get him some sort of gift. Hopefully the water's cold so they can cool down.
Speaker 1: You can't touch somebody's thermostat. I can't. You can't. You can just maybe excuse yourself. You can go outside and get some fresh air.
Speaker 3: White. Somebody say, hey, is it a little hot in here? Do you mind if we.
Speaker 1: Might hear you? But they could not ask the husband to bring it up.
Speaker 2: You bring it up the blood, if blood needs to touch blood needs to make suggestions like that of this poor guy.
Speaker 1: I don't why would he even agree to that?
Speaker 3: He's crazy? Hey, good made a deal with the devil.
Speaker 2: Hey, go turn the heat off. It's like, no, I'm not touching somebody's service. Dad, so dumb on him, But still they should.
Speaker 1: Have never asked him to do that. You cannot do that.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, I am still twelve years old in my mom's house. It doesn't matter. I'm a fifty five year old man. I'm twelve years old. I will turn on the heat during Christmas. My mom hotels the Cyrus. Dad, Yeah, like what my mom is the opposite? Why is the heat running?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 1: Who's paying for this? What do you mean the heat?
Speaker 4: My dad gets very cold and I we go we have it back and forth.
Speaker 3: On like the degree. He's like, go ahead and put it on, you know, seventy six. I'm like, it's hot.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, seventy six.
Speaker 3: It's hot. I'm like, Dad, I won't be able to sleep, Like, if you don't want me to sleep here, I might have to go get a hotel.
Speaker 1: So he that's what he wants it.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, Dad, I will put on so many blankets on you. I'll put your socks on.
Speaker 4: It's it's okay, test, but I get very cold. I'm like, okay, no, I know, but we're gonna die. We may die here and then you'll have to call the ambulance for us.
Speaker 1: It's the thing with couples. It was a problem with in my marriage.
Speaker 3: Was not thermostatic compatible.
Speaker 2: We were not thermostat compatible. They're mestatical, are you yeah, you guys like it the same? Yeah, no problem, turn it way down.
Speaker 1: Is it super cool?
Speaker 3: But I would rather be too cold and too hot?
Speaker 6: Too hot. Here's also on winter. She gets that, like we're not allowed to turn the heat on until absolutely.
Speaker 1: Here's what I have a problem with. Okay, here's what I have a problem with. This is why I'm single.
Speaker 3: This go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 1: The person that wants it like a goddamn ice box is not the one that's getting up early.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're first, that register that blows that cold air, it's right above the shower.
Speaker 1: Okay, you get out of the shower. That's where you dry you know, you dry off. You're doing your last and things, and it's freezing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's just bad. It's freezing if you're the first one up.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I'll even till Travis Sliver, I'll be like, can you trump the fan because I'm about to have to get out of bed, Like it's cold in the morning. Yeah, So even though I like it cold in the morning, getting up first, it is a Is it a bugaboo?
Speaker 2: That dude was set up? Man, that dude was set up. I'm not even emailing you back. I mean, you're a horrible person.
Speaker 4: Fell for it.
Speaker 2: You are a horrible person for sending that man to go there and take grenades.
Speaker 3: Talkanana, don't do it.
Speaker 1: Don't touch the rod Ryan shown four or five. I'm pooped? What there we go?
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five? The buzz boo fighters and my hero. Good morning, Rod Ryan Show, sunny skuys today ten percent chance of rain. Hi's sixty nine seventy today. I have sixty nine today. Nice, thank you. One of our josh has says Rod, seeing that you're reading emails, I'll agree with you. I think everybody should have to retake their driver's.
Speaker 1: License at sixty Yeah. Would that be the written test and the driver part with the whole thing, right, just.
Speaker 3: A driving part. No more exams for me? Thanks?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think that's fair. Uh, graduated school, I don't need that anymore. No.
Speaker 1: I think you need to know what a stop sign is. I think you should take both.
Speaker 3: Think we all know.
Speaker 1: So this is coming out of Australia.
Speaker 2: They say they have said that it will make roads safer if people had to retake their driver's test at age fifty.
Speaker 1: I thought fifty was eh, okay, a little young. Yeah, I thought so.
Speaker 2: They show the fatal crashes, the percentage of fatal crashes. The numbers under twenty five are crazy, but the numbers are crazy people over sixty five. So I wouldn't have a problem with that. I imagine there would be some people in Uproar when I sixty years old. Sixty years old, retaking the written and the driver's test.
Speaker 1: I'm all for that.
Speaker 3: I'm not for the written, I'm for what is the product. You gotta show that you know how to drive on the road. You already passed the written.
Speaker 1: You know that.
Speaker 2: The result it's like ridiculously easy, right, No, I don't super common.
Speaker 1: Sense, well not for me.
Speaker 3: So I just want to show them look at me. I can still drive. Check me out. My reaction time is good. I know how to merge, I know how to parallel parks. Still, thank you.
Speaker 1: There's nothing else really that requires you to do something.
Speaker 2: You're hunting license you you don't got to show your skills off your fishing license, none of that. It's just you have to renew it, right, you just ask for it and they give it to you. There's really nothing for a nothing for a passport.
Speaker 1: You don't do you any you know you've got.
Speaker 3: To, like say, the Pledge of allegiance.
Speaker 1: There's no skills competition though.
Speaker 12: Citizenship, well yeah there's that, but that's a one time thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, unless you get get the driver's license.
Speaker 2: Is the only thing you got to kind of prove that you still. I'm telling you driving is a privilege. What do we learn We've learned that we said that before, driving as a privilege. Okay, okay, Well Josh.
Speaker 1: Is on board with that. At sixty i'd be okay with it.
Speaker 2: Weep will be screaming that it's agism and yelling at old or you know, being bad towards old people.
Speaker 1: I don't know they have a problem with it at all. Prove to me that you need that, you can still be on the road. What are you giving away? I know the show today I have.
Speaker 3: Left to prove.
Speaker 4: You can see Jerry Cantrell at the House of Blues February twenty sixth.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll take a short break, we'll come back. We'll ask a question on the flip Houston.
Speaker 7: So I'll turn it in and tell them at the Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five The.
Speaker 1: Buzz before five the Buzz.
Speaker 2: Here we go, Jerry Cantrel Tickets, February twenty six, House of Blues's know the showtime.
Speaker 1: What's your question going to be?
Speaker 3: Who has Rod been trying to get us to think?
Speaker 4: Like all morning He's like, don't forget today these people, Oh my gosh, I'm obsessed with this.
Speaker 3: This is all I care about? What's wine?
Speaker 1: Am I the only one excited about the weather?
Speaker 4: Set?
Speaker 3: Don't giveday?
Speaker 1: Am I the only one excited.
Speaker 3: She's telling us talk about this all day.
Speaker 1: Thank those that provide. They're not they are look it up, look up something. What's in your life?
Speaker 3: I always look up thing, Eignarramus. Just answer the question and then you go to Jerry cantrou.
Speaker 2: Seven one three two one two five, Hey Alexa Play ninety four point five The Buzz on Iheartradiot.
Speaker 1: Ninety four point five to bus station from iHeart Radio, The Ron Ryan Show on ninety four five.
Speaker 2: Wake out the Bush ninety four five, The Buzz, Rise against Savior, Rob Ryan Show, wild Card Wednesday, Cool number one link today huge lots of use.
Speaker 1: Thank you Josh Tree for.
Speaker 2: Submitting today's Wildcard Wednesday for Chili to get up and post. Nothing over a ten percent chance of rain today, sunny skies, highs of around sixty nine.
Speaker 11: Time for the show on ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: So you should be happy about the weather. Yeah? Now, well, Cody, good morning, good morning. How you doing doing great? Tesla? What's your question?
Speaker 3: Cody?
Speaker 15: Who?
Speaker 7: Who?
Speaker 2: Or what?
Speaker 4: Has Rod talked about NonStop, come on for four hours straight.
Speaker 1: No wan to shut up. Wait a minute, what did your question? See knows that's Michael.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen, we got raps. This cold front Isnadian air.
Speaker 3: It's just cold air.
Speaker 1: It's coming in. Guys, guys, this snus sucks. Listen, what are you thanksgiving this cold air? Call up any weather person. This is Canadian cold air. Why we have this front?
Speaker 3: I'm literally not gonna call any weather person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, Cody Wins, what are you giving them?
Speaker 3: Jerry Cantrell to take his house of bus? Did you know the show?
Speaker 1: And it's a silly little show. So thank you, thank you so much, Dickada, there you go, Thank you, Cody, thank you. Yes, it's a Canadian cold front that's happening right now. Double O seven.
Speaker 2: Sean Connery. He got Alex nervous this morning, very nervous this morning. We were all kind of freaked out. The one they called Tim almost pulled off a victory. But Seawn, it's the win, got the great tickets and he's got one more game to go. He gets in, you can do it. We have a sixteen person bracket. I know I know two people that are rooting for him all right, wild card number one, Thank you, Josh Tree, hype man. I mean the pumpkins spice price is right, bit of a disaster at the end.
Speaker 1: They're my fault.
Speaker 2: That's all right, Still got it done. Guitarvest awesome. What do we have Scott's staff today. Yeah, it's a great guitar that's going on there. It says thank you Canada for the cold Front.
Speaker 1: It says it right on.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Shout out to all the Thermostat warriors out there.
Speaker 2: Shout out Tomorrow's to throwback Thursday, Read my lips, fix the gram, more Guitarvest, more everything tomorrow on the show NonStop Noonter with Jeremy's up next, picking tickets with him at the one o'clock hour. Follow us on all socials, all platforms. At Rod Ryan's Show. You're recording a new past the Gravy today.
Speaker 3: App gotta be the best, the best said the last about like six, Well it's gonna be bat on last week. So okay, just get better and better, don't They.
Speaker 1: Test it on Houston Life today at one o'clock. That's it. We're on a twenty hour break.
Speaker 2: Okay, more Boulay, more everything tomorrow, Okay, No, USA, He's an International Treasure Attact.
Speaker 1: He's North America's sweetheart. No, you're part of it. I'm moving America.
Speaker 2: See guys, right, have a great day, AMMI.
Speaker 1: Well, wasn't that fun.
Speaker 11: If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff Will Be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.