Speaker 1: And nine Ignition.
Speaker 2: Five four three two one zero, All engine running.
Speaker 3: It's Tuesday. You know what that means. It's time for Ignition with the A and W fan Hub podcast team. We've got Double or Nothing coming up over the weekend, of course, Dynamite and Collision. Before that, maybe we get some more matches, maybe we don't. We're gonna talk about it. But before we get to that, I wanted to invite everybody that's listening tomorrow night, right after Dynamite, we're doing our AW Double or Nothing Prediction show on our discord channel. The link to the discord will be in the disc of this podcast. Go ahead and join us where we have a lot of fun. We just predict the matches, predict what kind of surprises we may see, debuts, returns, plot twists, you know. So look, just come and hang out and have some fun. You can turn on your microphone and join us in the chat or you know, just text away in the in our chat room here. So it's real fun. So come and join us. So let's talk about the AW hot topics, and I guess it may not be the hottest topic, but I wanted to start off with NJF being accepted into the Hurt Syndicate and on Dynamite this week we're going to see the official contract signing. Does anybody in this podcast team think that there's not going to be some tom fullery in this.
Speaker 4: The toffoolery.
Speaker 5: I think Cedric Guller's ender showing up. I hope that's going to be a match that's going to be set between him and m JF at double or nothing kind of to be for sure to be on the team, and then that'll lead to if if m MJF will probably lose, and that will lead to him trying to destroy the Hurt Syndicate.
Speaker 3: Sounds yeah, but okay, you was that you the chimed in and said no, no.
Speaker 6: No, yes, it was me. I'm not a very I don't want Cedric Alexander and I'm hoping not, but I think something's going on with m j F himself. They're gonna I agree that they're gonna twist it around, but Cedric Alexander in a w I don't see the need for uh they it just towists everything up in my opinion. So but that's just me. I know a lot of people like him. Uh, I just don't see him. I need for him at a W.
Speaker 3: Is there a reason that you do you feel that way or is it just a general thing, like another person at AW is not needed?
Speaker 6: Yeah, another person AW. If we're gonna get somebody in AW, he needs to be somebody we don't have, or some type of wrestler we don't have. I really have a bunch of those type of wrestlers of Cedric Alexander, So what's the point of getting more of that type?
Speaker 3: Okay, so more the same? You know you think you get lost in the shuffle. Anybody else have any any thoughts on what's gonna happen with this MGF hurt Syndicate contract sighting.
Speaker 4: I want to believe it will go well because I, for some reason, I'm a sucker for a happy MJF. I just like seeing him happy, like genuinely happy, not like you know, like sardonic. I was like a huge sucker for the Brochacho storyline. But I know the other shoe is going to drop because it's MJF, so of course it will well.
Speaker 3: I'm glad that you realize that you're a boud to be disappointed. I just know either way. But what about Red? What are your thoughts on this.
Speaker 7: I think in a Postmoxlei world, when there's a babyface champion, they're going to need big top heels, and who should be at the top of that list besides MJF. With the Syndicate, he becomes the most dominant heel in aw Moxley and maybe even now. Oh I hope he joins the Hurt Syndicate.
Speaker 3: So you're hoping that MGF does join the Hurt Syndicate. Interesting, Natt, what about you? What's your opinion here? Okay, well that's having some technical issues. Steve, what do you think do you want? Do you want MGF to join the Hurt Syndicate or do you think that there's going to be some Tom foolery?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 9: Yeah, no, he's not going to do in the group. I feel the same way Sutton does with uh maybe he has Tom proved himself one more time and face.
Speaker 2: That Alexander dude at the pay per view.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Look, I absolutely agree with something on this. I think that it's going to be coming down to Cedric Alexander versus MJF at double or nothing, and of course I think that Cedric Alexander is going to win that match. Probably not clean. And we'll talk about this more tomorrow night with our with our prediction show. But I'm going to give you a spicy prediction here with that happening. I don't think MJF is really invested in enjoining the Hurt Syndicate. I think he's expecting to be to betrayed and so he's going to take some evasive maneuvers and I think ultimately what you're going to see is the rebirth of the Pinnacle. Oh that's my spicy predictions. Well, that's you know, that's up in the air. You know, you've got maybe you know, that's something to think about and talk about tomorrow night. I think, you know so at our Double or Nothing prediction show right after Dynamite, So that's something. But speaking of Double or Nothing, there are some matches that have already been are presented. Which one are you looking forward to the most? You know, like you know, which one intrigues you the most? Which one do you think is going to be the biggest banger, Which one is going to have the best story to it?
Speaker 1: Go ahead?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was about to say the same thing.
Speaker 9: The anarchy in the arena, man, I think that's gonna like be chaos.
Speaker 3: Well, better be chaos, because that's what it's about. Anarchy. Having a sweet match is just not anarchy. So so we'll see what happens. What about everybody else?
Speaker 5: I think I'm more forward looking forward to the the finals of the men's Oh and I think that's going to be the match of the night.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, what about you? What about your net?
Speaker 1: All right? Good, I'm back, I'm back. Well, I'm sorry. What was the question I missed a little bit I had of.
Speaker 3: Okay, of the double or nothing matches that have been announced so far, which one to you is the most intriguing? Which one do you think is gonna be the best, which one's gonna have the best story? Just which one of the matches is the most intriguing to you? You're looking forward to the most, I guess is the best way to put it.
Speaker 1: I'm looking forward to Hangman and Osprey quite a bit. I think that that's gonna be really good.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's all I listen to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, I'm I'm I'm really looking forward to those two together. We're gonna see what they're gonna bring. And they've been teasing it really well. So the anticipation is heightened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well what about who else wants to express their opinion on this.
Speaker 6: I'm looking forward to the women's a little bit, a little bit more. I think Hater and Monette will be a darn good match. Hope hoping Hater wins. I don't want to see Tony Storm versus versus Monette at this point in time. So well, he look at him. Last week was a very good thing where she where they took each other out and they're getting together back. It's very back and forth. So I'm I'm asked to see where that turns up.
Speaker 3: No, no, Jess, you you said you echoed the Owen match? Is that? Is that correct?
Speaker 4: Definitely? That anarchy in the arena is what I'm looking forward to. The Owen Final just has this great story behind it. I love Will and I love Hangman, so I'm going to be very both these guys, both these guys.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, I mean, look, I mean everybody's expected that to be a five star banker.
Speaker 4: It's Will Osprey, of course it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's Will Osprey. Why not? So what about you?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean I don't mean to beat the dead horse, but Will Ospray and Hangman out of Page. This is a dream match. This is when will Osprey signed out down and I listed names he could face for the first time, and Man Page is pretty close to the top.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean, you know what when you come when it comes down to Will Osprey and Hangman Adam Paige, they both have such distinct styles, but the styles are a little bit different, so this could be a really interesting match. This could literally be one of the matches that blows the roof off the building. Of course. Now there's a match that hasn't been set yet, but if it is and I and we'll talk about it tomorrow night. You know, if the Cotsco guy gets a match on zero Hour, I mean, come on, that's gonna bring down that, you know, having the Rustler come out out, you know, the kind of the wristler come out Big Justice. You know, come on, and I'd like to see them go against like somebody, somebody interesting like Riho or something. Bring Riho back and have her go against Big Justice, you know, something something fun, dumb. But seriously, you know, I kind of we've not talked. We talked to somebody mentioned Jamie Hayter and Mercedes Bonet a little bit intrigued about the Tony Storm and Mina Shira Kwa match because look, I don't think anybody here expects Mina Shira Kawa to win this match, but I am more interested in seeing if Mariah May somehow gets involved in this match. Now, Maria May hasn't been seen on AWTV since she lost to Tony Storm. At where did she live? A revolution or was a dynasty? I think it was dynasty. Wasn't it was revolution? I just had a brain freeze there. So it's been weeks since we've seen Mariah May. And on top of that, you know, there's been speculation in Mariah May's contract, well, her contract is coming up, you know, her contract is ending. And frankly speaking, Mariah May was very, uh, very silent on social media as well. I mean she distanced herself from everything until recently. Mariah May has posted multiple times on social media. And there's two things that she's posted quite a bit of. One is a gift that she has posted multiple times or a jiff multiple multiple times that just shows her standing in the ring with the aw Women's World Championship. That's it, but she's posted it several times. She's reposted a lot of posts that other people have made about her, And the other thing that she's done is she's posted a lot of stuff with her and Mina Shira Kala. Uh. So the question is, in the Tony Storm and Mina Shira Kala match, do you see Mariah may getting involved in this in some way, shape or form.
Speaker 4: We all love a dirty three way, don't we.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not gonna say, I'm not going to get into my personal life. I'm not getting I'm not going there.
Speaker 4: No, that would be a lot of that would be a lot of fun because Mina, not Mina. Mariah has backstabbed both of these women.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well more more specifically Tony other than than than Mina. But yeah, I mean there's been a lot of love affair posts about Mina and uh and because Mina has been posting about Mariah as well, what man.
Speaker 8: Would we be upset?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 6: If Mina actually won down the line because she's she's got it, and I think I think it'd be good to have a Tony Storm break once in a while and let Mina have it. I think she could carry it.
Speaker 3: No, I think he's right.
Speaker 5: We didn't expect her Mina to win. We talked about it last week. We didn't expect anybody to beat her, and it wasn't. We didn't expect Tony to get pinned. So, you know, to say that we don't expect Mina to win, I don't know how we can say that, because this is like one of those matches that is truly up in the air.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, look, Mina is popular if in England, and so is Tony, so is Mariah. Do you think we could be we're building toward a three way match for Forbidden Door.
Speaker 1: That could be I could see that.
Speaker 8: I would be great.
Speaker 5: They could also throw in someone from stardom to make it a four way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think if I think I Forbidden Door, you're gonna see Mercedes versus Azuomi. I think that's what that's where that's headed, uh for the n j p W Strong Women's Championship. That's just my feeling about it. But yeah, I mean, when I think about Mariah May coming back after weeks of being uh, you know, being absent. What better way for it to come back then during a midashar of Kawa and Tony Storm match. Because I personally, I personally don't think that Meta is going to win this match. But I think it would be a smart move not to have her lose it, especially not have her lose it clean.
Speaker 6: I think a back stab would be awesome for Mariah moot made to do both.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, go ahead.
Speaker 6: No, I just I just think it's it's good business on her part. She she's It's really a three way of frenemies who they've they get along great, great and then they don't and stuff. But Mariah may coming back in a big way to shape too, to shape the women's division yet again, would be a great way to do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Uh, Steve, did do you have any any thoughts on the minashir Kawa if Riah bas situation? Fuffy, Oh, it's gonna be a good match. Yeah.
Speaker 9: I could totally see a three A going down, maybe like a ball in or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I think Look, Tony does love his three ways. Wait, that didn't come out right right? You have got that? Yeah? Red? What about you? What are your thoughts on this?
Speaker 7: Think if Maria Ma plays into this, it's costing Mini shir Kawa the title or an opportunity to pin Tony Storm. You know, a lot of the world champions in the women's division have struggled to be reintegrated into the division. Jamie Hayter, It took time, really, I don't think it happened until the Owen Heart Foundation Tournament began. Look at Rijo Hakarshida, Nila Rose, then Britt Baker. None of them are present in the product right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they haven't wrestled this here at aw.
Speaker 7: Erosa has not looked great, you know, in a long time. So I think you bring may in. You have for cost me to share Kawa this opportunity, and then they can begin a feud and it can establish me as your babyface. You reintegrate Mary Bang and I mean listen, the same night we have the finale of the Women's Own Hard Cut Foundation Tournament. Two months investing in this booking decision, So you're going to overcomplicate it and have muddled going in all in, I don't. I don't think that's the case.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good point, Nett. What are your thoughts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that Mariah may may get involved in some way, but I don't think that it's going to really affect the outcome of the match. I think that they're setting up for something a little bit uh more down the way. I do think that Tony Storm is going to retain her title though, so we'll see.
Speaker 3: Yeah. You know, one thing I wanted to bring up, and I apologize if you're the one that brought this up in chat let me know, but somebody made a posted a question, what would you call a faction made up of Tony Storm, Bria May, Mina Shirakawa and thunder Rosa. Who posted that was a Jess well Sons. Okay, so that was a weird question. First of all, the obvious answer is thunder Tits spelled with like five asses.
Speaker 5: Well I had I had a reason for that question, did Yeah, because they're bringing in a lot of people from Stardom. I mean we're getting Mina, Mariah came from there, Tony was there, and I'm starting to get a feeling that the women's division is starting to they're possibly going to start grouping the women's division into a stardom esque factions.
Speaker 3: That that's a really interesting point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, because I mean, you've got you've got those four, then you've got you've got Megan Bain and Penelope, and I'm sure they can come up with you could probably go with what's the taya and Uhana Prossa.
Speaker 8: You could have those four team up as as a team.
Speaker 5: I mean, there there's a possibility that they may go that route before they go with the women's tag titles.
Speaker 8: They kind of have the tag titles come out of that.
Speaker 3: Just don't forget also that Megan Bain spent quite a bit of time cultivating her cultivating her ring skills and stardom and Douglas coming and she's yeah, predominantly starting, So you've got a lot of stuff going on. It's so weird to me though, that the wrestlers that Becla has had some history with. She's had a lot of history with with Megan Bain, not a lot, but they've had matches where they were on opposite side of each other, and I think they actually wrestled together as well on stardom. But there's so mismatched. I don't understand how that could possibly work. I mean, Megan Bain's like six foot one and and Beckla's four foot eleven. I mean, Becla wrestles bigger than she is, which is a very big skill. But the fact of the matter is is that she's the same size as Amanon and shorter in Rio you know, Beckla's a tiny woman, so but she's so muscular an athletic she can play it off, you know what I mean. So that's what she realizes on and she looks good doing it. As far as her inring skills. I've always enjoyed Decla. A lot of people, you know, when they look at Decla and Stardom did not like her heel run at all. I thought it was brilliant. She was vulgar, brash, she hated the establishment. She went after you know, uh Okada, the president of Stardom and Tero o'cata and just tore into everything. So Decla may be a really good person to grab some of these women in aw who have not been used like Tya Valkyrie, Diada Parozzo and make a faction with them.
Speaker 5: You know, we also have the possibility of the girls that had just been that go by from WWE, like Basler and Dakota Kai, and then they could come in to add to the factions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what, let's talk about that. We have Basler, Shana Basler, Dakota Kai and Kora Jade, three women that were just released by WWE. I have strong opinions about this does anybody see a benefit of any of these three women coming into aw Korra?
Speaker 4: If anybody, I mean, I've always been a Shana fan, but we're we've already got bruisers and like we don't want to spread like things too thin. But like I thought Korra was going to be the next big thing. I'm really surprised that they cut her. I would definitely if I were Tony, I would pick her up if nobody else.
Speaker 3: And anybody else have opinions on this, Wait, who would you pick.
Speaker 7: Up if you're with Shanna Basler and ton of Chance, Kiden Carter as well. I mean, I think it's just a better of time now until they begin having an official women's tag team division. You could pick up Chan and pair her with Marina Shafir.
Speaker 3: You could pick up.
Speaker 7: Kayden Carter and Katana Chance. I'm sure Dakota Kai can fit somewhere in that mold of a tag team wrestler, right. I think you can really jump start a tag team division because you don't want to create a division at the expense of shoehorning women in the tag teams that aren't natural. I think that's they're at risk of doing that. If they are doing that now, and I think that's why they've been hesitant to do it thus far.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know that's a really good point. Anybody else have a point about the WWE released women, Well, look, let me just say this. Let me go right down the line. Shannon Basler, she's in her mid to late thirties. But where she is I guess attractive for AW is that she was one of the four horsewomen in MMA, and one of the others was Marina Shafir. So that's a pairing right there. Don't forget that they also brought Rond de Rousey in to wrestle with Mishafeir at a Rig of Honor match, who was a one off. But there's also that little thing that they could do there, you know. As far as Dakota Kai, look, Dakota Kai is Dakota Kai. She's a terrific wrestler, but again she's on the back end of her career, not on the front of her career. So yeah, she could come in and she can do some great matches. But my concern with with with the Code of Kai is longevity. Whereas I kind of agree with with Jess on this one. Core j and who has a little bit of baggage with AW. Uh, but twenty four years old. It was me and she's had some injury issues as well.
Speaker 8: But.
Speaker 3: Twenty four years old, she seems like the one that you would in my opinion, that's what I would want to get, is somebody young like that of those three women. I don't know if anybody else has anything else to say about this, all right, so let's move on. Uh, there's been a lot of discussion. I personally watched the AW pay per views on Triller, and uh, well, double or Nothing apparently is not being offered on Triller. Now. They did just say that internationally, it is Triller internationally, and that just came like today, it became available internationally because a lot of people are up in arms, is like, how do we watch double or Nothing? So apparently AW is pushing people to get double or Nothing on Prime Video. I have no problem with them taking it off Triller if they were going to offer it on Max at the discount that they said they were going to be doing. They didn't say that that wasn't coming until the end, you know, later in the year. But I don't know when you combine that with the technical issues that they had with Collision this past week, which I don't think it's still available anywhere other than the TNT app. I don't believe it's available on Max yet. I mean, aw's kind of taken a little bit of a you know, pie in the face on this one, don't you think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you don't want to see that happen, Like, I haven't heard of this sort of thing happening since since I WCW or like you have, like the whole end of the show missing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was the last well last thirty minutes was completely missing. And uh and they had you know, the one match Tons of Texas against Top Light. I believe it was that was for a shot at the tag team titles to face the Hurt Syndicate at double or nothing.
Speaker 8: So yeah, it was the crew, wasn't it crew?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I was crewed. Yeah, it was Crewe.
Speaker 5: Well, by the way I look at it, this, if it happens again, maybe you need to worry. But this is the first time that aw's had an issue. I mean it's been six months, five months almost. They never had any issues before. Who knows what happened. Nobody can say for sure that this is why it happened, so you know, if it happened again, maybe they need to start worrying about it, and maybe they need to look into their production crew a little more. But when it comes to Triller, I don't know, you know, being in this an international thing more than anything else. You know, as long as they're getting the international people, and I don't think it's going to be a problem either way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know for people like me, you know, I personally enjoyed Triller because once you bought it, it was yours, so you could go back and watch it any time you want. You know, I'm talking about watching. I say watching. I made a pay per view, right, So I mean they're really aw is really pushing Prime video and YouTube to purchase double or nothing. And I personally think that it's gonna hurt sales. I because a lot of people are are used to Triller. It's as simple as that. I mean, what about do you guys think it's gonna hurt sales?
Speaker 1: I think it might. I liked it on Triller and a lot of people will not support Amazon, so they're I think they're running a risk with putting it on Prime Video that some people just are not going to pay for it, not gonna watch it if that's the only option. I liked it on Triller. I didn't see any problems with it, so I'm curious as to why they've taken it off of that platform. There's nothing wrong with Triller. It's got a bunch of good stuff going on over there.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 3: No, that's a good point. That is that people do have problem with Bezos and Amazon and whatnot. Bozos. Yes, you know. It's weird though, because I watch YouTube a lot. Okay, not once have I seen any way presented to be clearly to purchase an AAW pay per view on YouTube. Now. I'm sure if you go to events or Subscriptions or whatever tab on that, but they've got to what I say they, I mean, aw's got to probably give instructions on how to order these pay per views on YouTube because it's just not clearly available when you go onto the app, At least for me, it isn't. Yeah, anybody else have thoughts on the on this?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I uh thought, Well, my husband mentioned to me, I'm not sure where he heard it, that they may be thinking of like going back to theaters. I really hope so, because AW pay per views are not cheap, and I kind of have to pick and choose which ones I get because I can't get them every month because I can't afford it.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: Seeing them in theaters was great because, like it was cheaper, you got to see it with a whole bunch of people, which was made for a fun atmosphere. So I if they were going back to that, I hope they do it soon.
Speaker 3: But you've seen you've seen it in theaters.
Speaker 4: Before, stop doing it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, has anybody else seen the pay per view in the theaters here?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: No, I hadn't.
Speaker 3: I've always been interested in seeing like how that would be, because, like Jess said, you're watching with other people. Was there a lot of good reactions or does or do people just sit there silently? Jess?
Speaker 4: It was like the last I think the last pay per view, Like this is showing how long it's been since they've done it. But the what I distinctly remember was a full gear where Hangman won the title and everybody was into it.
Speaker 3: Okay, are they still doing it at David Busters as well?
Speaker 8: I believe so. I think I hear them talk about that in the pre game in the pre show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I mean, that's another option.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I've watched like sporting events at that I've seen a Super Bowl at a at a like a David Busters and seen some Indians games in the past that they're it's it's like anything else when you have those going on at those type events. If it's like the theory, it would be you know, people are there specifically for that because they paid for a ticket to get to see wrestling David Busters, You're going to have the group that you know, there might be a smaller crowd, but you're still going to have some people who are going to be into.
Speaker 3: It, right, Yeah, well that makes sense speaking of paying a ticket to see wrestling. Anarchy in the arena is kind of a challenge as far as from a production standpoint out of pay per view because not only do you have so many things going on. I mean, I've seen past anarchies where they've had four screens going at once, like a multi multi can going on the TV screen. But if you're at the arena and it has have any of you been at a aw show where they've done an anarchy in the arena and how was it? Nobody see because it seems like it's a challenge. I mean, you're sitting in your seat and they're all over the arena. And I know that I talked to somebody recently that had been I think it was Barry h last week who said that he did witness an anti anarchy in the arena And I said, well, didn't they show it on the big screen? He said not always. So for the home crowd, I think it's gonna be a lot better. But when you're talking about being at the show, it's gonna be you know, I'm questioning whether they can actually show anything. Now, my my daughter is going to double or nothing on Sunday, and I I'm interested to hear what she has to say about it, because you know, I want to know it was like, is she able to see everything that they showing up on the big screen or on the you know, the screen above the above the ring. So I think that's gonna be challenged. But again, when we're talking about Anna, Kari and Narna, what are the teams, I mean are the.
Speaker 10: I don't think they filled out the teams yet. I think they friends death writers versus option friends.
Speaker 3: Now, when you say to death rotters, is Marina Shaffir included in that the friends willow. That's gonna be interesting because to see how the women coexist with the men in this match, because you know that somebody is gonna get it in somebody else's face.
Speaker 4: I think, like, what's sort of like something I really liked about this storyline. I know you've hated it. I'm just gonna phrase it. I know you're not a fan, but this is the closest I think we've ever come at some points to inter gender wrestling, which is something I'm all for. So I'm definitely curious to see how this is gonna work well.
Speaker 3: Different intergender matches in NAW before. I mean, we had Julia Hart and Brody King against I can't remember who they went against, but that was fairly recent. I think that was last year. Uh. I know we have Ruby Soho and Eddie Kinkston teamed up.
Speaker 8: But I think what.
Speaker 5: Jess is talking about is the possibility of actually having inter gender portions of the match where it's actually Marina versus She could be after switch twitch twitch.
Speaker 3: Twitch, what the hell is twitch?
Speaker 8: Swerve could go get or you know.
Speaker 5: That's what I think is what Yes is talking about, and I think that's kind of interesting.
Speaker 8: They're going to actually have them in this match?
Speaker 5: Now, are they going to have them pair off and go to the back or stay in the ring by everybody else disperses, we'll see.
Speaker 3: I think that's what. Yeah, I think that's a highly uh high probability is that will owen Shafir will do their own thing off to decide. Although I could definitely see, you know, like Cook getting the mother's milk or something like that, and I can see John Boxley getting to clutch on Willow at some point, you know, something like that I think will happen. But as far as you know, Moxley putting skewers in Willow's head, I really don't see that happening, you know. Now, I could see Willow putting skewers in Moxley's head. I could see I could see somebody in the crowd putting skewers and moxley head because that's Moxley. That's what Moxley does, you know. But yeah, it's it's gonna be interesting to see that match and how it's presented, because do you guys think that that's going to be the main event?
Speaker 4: Definitely, Yeah, it doesn't really make sense for anything else to follow it, see it.
Speaker 3: I don't think it should be the main event because there's nothing, there's no there's no title on the line.
Speaker 4: I chaotic.
Speaker 8: Well, they've done it in the past.
Speaker 5: I mean it's not been the main event at every match that they've had one end. I could see them doing that before the Owen Finals and making the Owen Finals the like co.
Speaker 8: Main event.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't like co made events. I mean, whichever ones not last is the main event.
Speaker 5: They're gonna call it that, but you know it's gonna be the women are gonna go first, and they're gonna have Hangman and Ospray in the final. Yeah, and that would be the match to have as your main event because that probably will be the best match of the night.
Speaker 3: You think Anarchy and Arina is going to be the best match of the night.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, I think Hangman and Osprey are gonna be the best match to night.
Speaker 3: Okay, And again that's kind of a weird thing because it's a number one contender match basically, uh, you know what, it comes right down to it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't like.
Speaker 5: I don't like what they've done to double or nothing. They've kind of this was their flagships show. I mean, this is what they started with. They had the very first one before AUB existed, and now they're kind of treating it like it's a Okay, we're having a show they don't have. I mean they've got Tony Storm Versus. They could put Tony versus Mina as the main event. I mean they could do that because of this for the title, but I don't think they will.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if they were going to do co made events, I think it would be the Owens.
Speaker 7: Yeah, last two double or Nothing's the main invented by anarchy in the Arena. I I and this features the world champion, it features his most recent challenger, It features the US strictly, and I think this is definitely gonna be the main event. I think it's going to be five on five or is are going to be a little different this year.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I kind of think that they may add a add somebody else on each team.
Speaker 2: No, it's five five.
Speaker 9: I think it's like Young Bucks and Mina and Max, and I think it's Claudio as Team Death Riders.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you have Wheeler, you have Gabe Kid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's kids gonna be Yeah, it's going to be compled in the best. Wheeler Da is getting a haircut. That's going to take him two weeks to get that done, so.
Speaker 1: Hopefully we won't see him in the in the intern.
Speaker 3: Oh you got to give Wheeler you to some love?
Speaker 6: Come on, no, no, I.
Speaker 3: Mean look, I mean come on, wheelers know Eddy Kingston, But.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the bar is set really high.
Speaker 2: If you're I.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't so forward to see and will take you out.
Speaker 3: This This is something we're going to talk about tomorrow night as far as predictions. But keep this in mind. If if Eddie Kingston were going to come back a w soon anak and they arena, would be the perfect time for here to rear his ugly head.
Speaker 4: And his beautiful, beautiful eyes.
Speaker 3: He's just a beautiful man, told athletic body.
Speaker 1: His hands that are like bricks of.
Speaker 5: We can a minute, you've got two against one.
Speaker 8: Now, you're.
Speaker 3: I was being complimented. I was being I was saying nothing. But what are you guys talking about?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 3: But well we'll get we'll get further into this discussion tomorrow night on the aw Fat Hub Double or Nothing Predictions show. Before I go to pot Pourri. Before we go to pot Pourri. I wanted to bring up Darby Allen, who just reached the summit of Mount Everest plandated a W flag at the summit of Mount Everest, gave the Diamond Cutter a signal. Because it turns out that when Darby was expressed interest in getting climbing a mountain, it was Diamond Dallas Page who put him in touch with people to get him to climb Everest. So we have a lot of it has to go with Diamond Dallas Page. Diamond Dallas Page did also thank uh Darby Allen for doing the Diamond Cutter, you know, signal on the at the summit. So Darby is now done with his Mount Everest climb.
Speaker 4: Well he has to come back down.
Speaker 3: Well he has to come back down. But he was he made a statement already, you know, he posted something I believe, or did an interview or something like that, which you don't do unless you're most of the way down. I mean, there's different stations, and like on your way down the first station, you kind of spend the night, you recoup a little bit, and then you get down to the next station and you're pretty much like that's where you're back into almost like normal, Not quite obviously, but you're kind of on normal ground. I don't know. I'm interested. I've been looking to see where Darby is now. I mean, is he gone from Everest completely or is he still making his way down. I don't know how long it takes to go down the mountain. If anybody knows, please go on our discord and let us know how long does it take to come down the mountain?
Speaker 4: I wish or something.
Speaker 3: For Yeah, Frankly, I'm just surprised that he doesn't say the hell with it and just snowboard down or did a backfliff out the summit and just slid out his back to rest the way down. Look, I mean, there's probably a lot of stuff that goes on when you're talking about that high altitude. You probably have to have, you know, come down slowly because and I don't know, I'm talking out of my ass here, but there's gotta be something like altitude sickness that involved, and he comes down too slowly. Maybe if you come down too fast, maybe it affects you. You have to come down slowly from an altitude like that Red.
Speaker 7: On Sunday, it takes three to seven hours to reach base camp and then or right to reach the it's two camp two and then it takes two to four days to reach the base camp. So probably he should be reaching the base camp and his return home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think he's gonna be a double or nothing, but uh, you know, everybody that I've talked to has pretty much said that Darby Allen is the one that's going to take the belt off of John Moxley. Well, John Moxley is definitely not losing the belt at Anarchy and the Arena. Maybe we get Darby Allen soon to face John Moxley. Please, Darby Allen, save us from this blight, this plague that has happened. It is you know, that's my personal feeling. It's the absolute worst thing that has ever happened in aw is The Death Writers.
Speaker 1: That would be Britt Baker.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry I forgot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but at least Jane Cargo was somewhat entertaining and that she tried. It was the booking that happened. This, this, this whole thing, this booking for it's just I don't know, it's kind of like what I said it before. Watching The Death Writers is kind of like watching the reruns of Friends before aw Dynamite comes on, because you're like, wait a minute, haven't.
Speaker 11: I seen this episode before? Because they do the same thing every week, practically every week, they do the same thing you do, you just never get to see a new episode, So I.
Speaker 1: Just don't understand what's going on.
Speaker 4: So you're not a blood you weren't a bloodline fan.
Speaker 3: Then I don't watch WWE. Not'm saying anything disrespectful about w W. I simply don't have the time to watch WWE. So the only thing I know about the Bloodline is Roman Rains was in it, I believe, and it was called the Bloodline. That's it. Now you know exactly what I know about the Bloodline. Roman Rains had the belt for I don't know what was it, the year seventy two years or something like that. I don't know.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 4: Just the reason I mentioned that is that basically the fatigue that you made me feeling for the death Riders, imagine that going on for two straight years.
Speaker 3: I understand that. But what I'm saying is when the Death Writers saga essentially started it all out in twenty twenty four, that's when they put the bag over Brian Danielson's head. And for a few weeks after that it was actually pretty interesting. I mean it was like, who are they going to try to kill? You know, murder next, you know, and things like that, and then it got silly.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I went to Dynamite in mid October last year and the Death Writers are part of that show, and it was just like, nah, this is just not work. It was the show where Moxley broke I think it was either I think it was Isaiah Cassidy's figure by hitting it with the hammer, you know, and and of course that healed in like dead days, you know, so but it was just it's just been it's just been groundhog Day, you know, where you wake up the next day. And it's the same thing with the Death Riders. They did they'd done very very little to do something new and or interesting with the story. I appreciate the effort that the wrestlers and the death Writers have put into it. I don't fault them with that. I think it is a massive mistake that the aw World Championship has not been seen for months and months and months. Now we're in May and it certainly hasn't been seen this year. And I've said it before and I will say it again that of the eight belts, the eight championship belts at a w right now, the AW World Championship is by far the least significant of the belts. The Death Writers saga has completely eradicated any interest in the AW World Championship. For me, it doesn't matter. It doesn't It's like two mules fighting over a daisy when somebody fights John Moxley, because it doesn't matter because they're fighting for nothing.
Speaker 4: Oh, they're fighting for something. I could go into a big, long dissertation of my defense of the Death Riders, but we'd be here all night.
Speaker 3: Well, you know that's something that maybe we can say for another podcast. Let's talk about the Death Riders and what's What's watch John Darby Allen comes back and you know, destroys John Moxley because he's gonna have superhuman strength now that he's come down from the mountain. Now he's he's used to not high out to altitude. It's like, you'll be like Superman with the yellow Sun. He's gonna come in and just this short little guy, this skinny little guy, is gonna just destroy everybody. He's gonna be like Wardlow on times five.
Speaker 8: It's going to be a Danielson's gonna help that.
Speaker 3: That's that's quite the possibility. So anyway, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 5: No, I was going to go something else, but we need to get off that subject for now.
Speaker 3: Well, we have the Predictions show tomorrow night after Dynamite, and I'm sure we'll talk about anarchy and the arena and give our predictions on who's gonna win, if there's gonna be any twists and turns and storyline updates or whatnot. So let's go that. But right now we're going to go to our Potpa resection. What our propa resegment is is we get to bring up anything we want to talk about in the world of professional wrestling. So who would like to go first with her pot pourri?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Can I go?
Speaker 8: Sure?
Speaker 3: Go ahead?
Speaker 2: Okay, So, uh, Nigel also has a match at the pay per view yea, Like, I don't feel he should be laing anymore. Like, just call it quits, Bud.
Speaker 3: Well, it's entertaining and it's got the fans riled up, and I think that's the whole point of it, right.
Speaker 5: That's true when it's talking depend on what they do with it too, true, I mean, is it going to just be a regular match or is it going to be Daniel Garcia turning on Nigel and joining FTR, who possibly could become the new Pinnacle God. I hope not, but I mean, you know this, the nice thing about this match is there are twelve possibilities coming out of this aside from just a regular match.
Speaker 8: So that's what makes this an interesting match.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I didn't mean to like put it into like a prediction show right now.
Speaker 3: Man, Well, you know the other thing about this match is this match, well specifically Nigel is one of the things that Mariah May has been posting about or reposting about. So if Brian, I mean, Mariah May can get involved in quite a few of the matches tomorrow night. I'm not Tomorrow night, but on Double or Nothing, So you know, hey, maybe we'll talk about that. Where's Mariah May gond fit? If she comes out at Double or Nothing? Is she gonna get get involved in the Tony Storm and me to share coun matches? You gonna get involved in the Nigel McGinnis and Daniel Garcia gets FDR match. You know, hey, Mariah's gonna make her if she comes back, She's gonna come back with a vegeance. You know that because she's you know, she's the woman from Hell. Anybody else with the pot pourri?
Speaker 1: I had one when we didn't discuss that. I am actually interested in seeing, of all things, the Brisco ricochet stretcher match. You put stretchers all around the ring, and the only way you can win is by putting your opponent onto the stretcher. There's no count out, there's no pinfall. They have to be put onto the stretcher. That's a stretcher match.
Speaker 4: And we want some place or just they just have to be put on there and held there for a certain amount of time.
Speaker 1: I think they have to like become I'm not sure, but I think they have to be incapacitated in some way and made to stay on there. Like they have to be thrown on there. So I guess they would be knocked out.
Speaker 5: Maybe stretcher matches I've ever seen, you have to they actually.
Speaker 8: Have an ambulance.
Speaker 1: Oh, there we go.
Speaker 8: You have to get him on the stretcher, get them in the ambulance and shut the door.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, how do you get it?
Speaker 3: But how does one person get another person on the stretcher or an ambulance.
Speaker 1: Well you throw the stretcher.
Speaker 8: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 5: This is pretty much not an e quit match, but this is like an imagine it's like a it's like a death match. You got you can't get back whoever can't get back up, And that's what it basically comes to. You have to put them down, keep them down enough, beat up enough so that you can put them on the stretcher, strap them on, and you it's.
Speaker 8: Not you don't have to go very far.
Speaker 3: But yeah, what happened, Well, Disney just asked the chats like she asked to like strapped in. So yeah, it makes sense. Like if there's three straps on the stretcher and the where you win is to get them on the stretcher and then you have to secure all three straps or whatever how many of the straps because it's about the stretcher. It just doesn't seem that's that seems like okay, he's on the stretcher. Okay, that's like have a bed match, you.
Speaker 1: Know, throw them on there and you know, and and there's no there's no submissions, no no count outs, none of that. So it all revolves around getting them and I guess keeping them on the stretcher somehow.
Speaker 2: I think this is man.
Speaker 8: I think Undertaker and Kane had a stretcher match once.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and uh there's been The w W used to do a lot of strutcher matches back in the day.
Speaker 8: So basically, you gotta get him on the stretcher, strap.
Speaker 5: Them on, wheel them into the to the ambulance, and then the ambulance will drive out.
Speaker 8: That's the end of the match. So yeah, it's pretty much you got to beat the crap out of them.
Speaker 4: Had a surprisingly good one at Survivor Series years ago.
Speaker 1: You could have a surprise surprise person driving the ambulance. Somebody like Eddie Kingston perhaps could drive the ambulance.
Speaker 3: In New York. New Yorkers still drive.
Speaker 1: He could be in the ambulance. He could have driven it there and then drive out of the ring.
Speaker 3: I'm sure. I'm sure he's been on a lot of ambulances to get oxygen.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, I think this is paying homage to and RVD stretcher match.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's a really good point. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they had a match and I think in ninety seven or ninety six and e c W resulted an RVD beginning wheeled out on a stretcher. They didn't take them to an ambulance. I just he left the tunnel. The match was over. But I don't know exactly how the result the end result is going to look in this, but I'm sure that's the goal here, is to pay homage to that match.
Speaker 1: Probably Yeah in their career, they're.
Speaker 7: They were friends.
Speaker 9: I'll just put it that way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, well, you know, regardless, you know, I do think again, I really appreciate somebody explaining to me one of stretcher matches because I had no idea. And I think that's one of the problems with AW and it's all always better probably with a w's they don't explain ship.
Speaker 1: We're gonna book you and one you and Eddie King and something.
Speaker 3: Look, if I had to come down the ramp, come out of the back down the ramp for a stretcher match, I'd be like, oh, look, something to lay down on it. That's what I would do. I have you think that Orange Cassidy is slough threstling. I would put a cap on slaughter.
Speaker 5: Matchchairn a circle and go out each other with I mean, you see that kind of stuff in high school. They had that in a donkey basketball match. I mean, we got a bunch of matches we can get you.
Speaker 3: In my age, i'd have a bladder match, got to the ring, the first one to pee all over themselves loses.
Speaker 5: We can put you in against the women in a chocolate pudding.
Speaker 8: That's like they had it in strips.
Speaker 4: Oh there we go, Oh God, like so used to do on SmackDown on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: I am now imagining me versus Eddie Cakestad and the broad panties match.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, no no, I've gotta draw the line somewhere.
Speaker 3: Yes, let's just let's us go really X rated here. Anybody else with the potpourri?
Speaker 4: Yeah, just as a quick mention here for not being competition. Triple A sure seems to have a vested interest in sabotaging everything A E W is doing lately.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for saying that, because Jess, I don't know if you saw it, but on September twentieth, AW is holding all out in Toronto. So they just announced that today. So we're all waiting with baita breath to see how Triple What What show, WWE and Triple H you know books in Toronto that Weekend as well, because it's really preposterous, you know, it's it's kind of like a joke. It's kind of a joke. At this point.
Speaker 8: It just tells me that the WWE is is in.
Speaker 5: Scare mood because at the top of the game, when WCW was kicking the crap out of them every week, they didn't do this kind of stuff.
Speaker 8: But a W has now made it past the mark for where a w CW was and they're not going anywhere.
Speaker 5: They're going to be here forever, and Triple A is finally starting to realize I think that wwell dog anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah. To me, the way that Triple H is booking WWE shows, you know, in line with or WW and NXT shows in line with the AW shows kind of shows to me, the WWE is like, Hey, we need to ride the coattails of AW to get some viewers because what's going on. There's no other reason.
Speaker 5: Well, we talked about they have what a third of the time of their shows or matches and the rest with.
Speaker 3: Its Yeah, but there's nothing wrong with that. If people look, if people enjoy AW because they get to see wrestling, you know, for predominantly most of their shows. What that means is that there's less time for you know, video packages, backstage interviews and stuff. Although aw has gotten a lot better in doing that this year, but in the past there's been quite a not a lot of that kind of thing with AW. That's the way AW is. It's a wrestling show. Aw WW is more cinema, I guess is the best way to put it. It's entertainment. And I'm not saying that in a bad light. There is nothing wrong with that. You've got a choice on what to do. I've said it before and I'll say it again. If AW was a carbon copy of WWE, what would be the point of AW?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 5: I just think that if you're gonna pay money, to a lot of money to go see a WWE show.
Speaker 8: And you're here for three hours and you get.
Speaker 5: An hour of wrestling and the rest is just bullshit, Nah, that's not working for me.
Speaker 3: Well you just listen. Just listen to what you said. You said going to see a WWE show. You didn't say going to see a like WWE wrestling. You sent a WWE show. You're going to see a show, you know. That's That's all I'll say is you know, look you're going to see WWE. You know what ww WWE does. They're not going to give you in a four hour show. They're not going to give you three hours of wrestling. That's not what WWDE does. If you're gonna spend a couple of thousand dollars to take you and your girlfriend or whatever to or your wife to a WWE show, you better be expecting that. The same thing is. It's like if you went to an AW show and you know you're gonna get wrestling and not a whole lot of not much of anything else at a WW at an AAW pay per view, you know, and you're gonna get a lot of wrestling, but you're not gonna get a lot of backstage promos and stuff like that. You're not gonna get new stories and things like that. You're not gonna get skits that WWE does all the time. You know, you're gonna get wright. You're gonna see people get the ship beat out of them. That's it. And if you went to an AW show and you saw something different, you'd be upset, you know, if you didn't went to Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 4: I would say these days, if you're going to do a WWE show. What you're seeing is ads everywhere. There are less a nastcar event than the ww.
Speaker 3: My nephew when he went to the first night of WrestleMania forty one, he walked out the door. He was going to go watch WrestleMania forty one with his friends, and as he was walking out the door, I said, enjoy the ads, and he kind of went, huh at me. He came back with like two hours left in the show and he said, you weren't wrong, and didn't even watch the whole show, And he didn't watch like two at all. It's just something that you know, But there are people that eat it up. Obviously they do, you know, and there's nothing wrong with that. Look what you enjoy, you enjoy. I'm not going to convince you not to enjoy it. Door is anybody else? Just like you're not going to convince me not to enjoy what I enjoy. It's as simple as that. Does anybody else have a potpourri?
Speaker 7: It's the fourteenth anniversary of the passing of the Macha man Randy Savage, who is Wow. His child was my favorite wrestler, and I I was thinking yesterday it would be crazy to see him in aw ring. Get his size and how well he moved when he was in his prime, right, he'd be so great against some of these guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, wonderful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean rest of Peace, Randy Man, Yeah, Randy Savage and aw with these guys bad. That's just wow. That is a wow. Doesn't even think about that without just having like a highlight reel going through my head. It's so weird.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, rise to the top.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, you know, I'm actually gonna bring up my potpourri and my Popori. I'm gonna stick with wweh Last night on Raw, Zoe Stark's got got injured, tried to do a missile dropkick across the ring to Carrie saying, Uh, it was nasty and it was just a nasty injury and you hate to see it, you know, And uh, wrestling fans from the different companies those point fingers and say they don't take care of their wrestlers, and they don't take care of their wrestlers. They have too many injuries. Look, it's wrestling. Injuries happened. I'm shocked. I've said it before. You see, like these wrestlers that have their necklaces on in the ring. I am shocked that people's hands don't get stuck in those necklaces and there's not more broken fingers. I am shocked that there's not more injury in wrestling than there are. But when something like this happens and Zoe was just screaming in pain, she had to be carried to the back, it was tough to watch, and you know, look, just wish her well. I don't like seeing anybody get injured. It was terrible. You know, it's nobody's fault. Shit happens. It happens because you've got people to get injured on. Broddie Matthews got injured entering the ring at at Grand Slam Australia. That's where he got his leg injury. Was entering the ring and he wrestled the whole match injured. But he injured himself just entering the ring. Shit happens. Don't put the blame on a company or on a wrestler and stuff like you said, yeah, sure, sometimes it's you know, somebody's in fault, that's but it's it's it's the human condition. We're not perfect. It's as simple as that. So get well, Zoe. That's all that needs to be said about it. Does anybody else? I'm a potpourri before we wrap up the show. No, okay, So that was ignition from the aw fan podcast team. Thank you to everybody for listening in, and thank you for atty podcast podcasters who joined us tonight again tomorrow night, right after Dynamite the go Home Show for Double or Nothing. I guess that could lead a collision would be to go home show. But now we're just gonna call Dynamite the go home Show for double or Nothing because that's probably gonna be the big one. We're going to do our aw fat Hub Double or Nothing Prediction show. Join us, turn on your microphone, talk to us. We're easygoing here. We don't bite. Make your predictions on the winners of the man the losers of the matches. Who do you think may debut or return? Well, we see Eddie Kingston Darby Allen Rick Baker, I know something really wants to see that. Yeah, you know, Mariah May. I mean there's there's all kinds of possibilities, and there may be some plot twists, who knows, who knows? Maybe John Moxley betrays the death writers. No, that's not gonna happen. But anyway, Yeah, he says he.
Speaker 5: Doesn't care about the Death Writers, but he's plotting these new twists.
Speaker 8: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm just saying that possible leader of the.
Speaker 4: Death Writers was Dan Housen all along.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I wish it was. Or the real leader of the Death Writers is Tony Kahan.
Speaker 1: It's Renee.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then and then at all then we get Renee versus r J City in a.
Speaker 8: That would be.
Speaker 3: That would be the prop bet, don't go there. Let's let's let's keep the brandy matches between me and Eddie Kingston. Okay, yes, please, yeah, yeah, don't steal my thunder Oh my god. But anyway, yeah, oh my god. Anyway, we will see you tomorrow night, right after Dynamite. Until then, forty a w Fan podcast team. This is Kelson. Good night, everybody, Good
Speaker 1: Night guys, everyone, good night, Love you, Eddie,