Speaker 1: Fifty five KARC DE Talk Station eight thirty one on this Monday morning, Dan Carroll and for Brian Thomas Glenn Beck coming up the top of the hour. But right now we are joined by everyone's buddy Andrew Pappas. And Andrew Pappas, Welcome again to fifty five KRC. Thanks for getting up so early in the morning. I know, I know that's a that's a stretch for.
Speaker 2: You, you know, Dan, You know, Dan, I'm amazed that you're up and at him this morning giving your herculean effort yesterday.
Speaker 3: You've got to be text physically.
Speaker 2: Usually don't get that much physical exercise in a day with your master's win.
Speaker 1: Well, I did what I could. You know, a little neighborhood competition is always a good thing.
Speaker 3: And are you sore? How's the rotator CAF this morning?
Speaker 4: Sure, I'll be all right.
Speaker 1: You know, a good stretching routine is always is always an important thing to adhere to.
Speaker 4: And I did my.
Speaker 3: You are you are the When I think of you, I think of Limber.
Speaker 1: I did my stretching routine before the event yesterday and it paid off quite handsomely.
Speaker 2: Yes, I can I can see you doing yoga just about every morning.
Speaker 1: I didn't say yoga, but you know, a little, a little stretching goes a long way.
Speaker 3: But you're personally blueberry yogurt is my favorite. But go ahead.
Speaker 1: You recently went on another another Honor Flight, and not only not only that, but you are now working with the Honor Flight people, which I know is a big deal for you. Tell us about that, and tell us about this latest trip. Which was it mostly Vietnam veterans or Korean veterans or a mix.
Speaker 2: It was a little bit of a mix, but it was it seemed to be mostly Vietnam veterans.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, you know we when we get to the Korea.
Speaker 2: First of all, I'd like to just tip my hat to all the volunteers, and there are many, many, too many didn't mention. I was introduced to Honor Flight years and years ago by Chryl and Tom Popp, who have been running it for for literally decades and have put their heart and souls into Honor Flight, and I appreciate them and and as as you know, I think everyone associated with Honor Flight does. And recently their board expanded and I was just just by the grace of God, they asked me to be on the Honor Flight board and I accepted, and we've joined some very good people and have some large shoes to fill. But you know, we are just Our flight on last Tuesday, a week ago tomorrow was was the first flight of the year, and we have another one coming up here in believe it's in May. And you know, we we just try to serve the veterans.
Speaker 3: And you know, I can't thank enough.
Speaker 2: If you saw the video, I think we head close to two thousand people welcoming the veterans.
Speaker 4: How about that is fantastic. That is outstanding there.
Speaker 2: And given that it's mostly now it seems to be transitioning mostly to Vietnam, that is actually the most amazing part of it because, as you and I both know, the Vietnam veterans were were not and let's be fair, Honor Flight is.
Speaker 3: Open to any veteran. Right. You don't have to be in combat, you don't have to serve in theater Honor flight.
Speaker 2: If you serve the country and you sign up you were able to go on Honor Flight, you are to be honored as well. And but the Vietnam veterans especially were not treated well by this country back in the day when they came home, and you know that the tears flowed and the the the emotions were real, and it was just an amazing experience. They're they're posting, i believe, on the on the website. They've posted video already. And the welcome home ceremony, you know.
Speaker 3: During the honor flight is an amazing experience. But the Vietnam.
Speaker 2: Memorial, if you've been there, is really the one that touches most of the veterans very very emotionally because they can point and touch.
Speaker 3: The name of someone they serve with the new that didn't make it home.
Speaker 2: And it's very it's a very raw and emotional day at the Vietnam Memorial, and you.
Speaker 3: Know, we try to you try to give the.
Speaker 2: Veteran obviously their space because it's a private moment and we want them to enjoy their private moment and and and you know, just cherish it. And for some of them it's the first time going to the Vietnam Memorial, for some not, but the fact that we have so many veterans and great guardians that make sure the veterans are assisted. Some need you know, help walking, some are in wheelchairs. We just really try to try to make it all about the veteran and I think that that that shows through with Honor Flight Try State being one of the I hear time and time again from different ones.
Speaker 3: We do see.
Speaker 2: Other other honor flights, but Honor Flight Try State is simply head and shoulders one of the best frunt honor flights in the nation.
Speaker 1: I feel, yeah, I have another question for you about the Vietnam Memorial. We got to get to a quick break right now, but Andrews stay right there and we will continue on with you on the other side of this little traffic and weather quick break, and we'll continue on with Andrew Pappas on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Hey neighbor, fifty five KRC eight thirty nine, Dan Carol and for Brian Thomas, continuing our conversation with Andrew Pappis, who was on an honor flight last week and is now on the board of Honor Flight.
Speaker 4: And Andrew, you know you.
Speaker 1: And I criticize Washington the swamp and for good reason. But I think despite all that criticism, the one thing that Washington does quite well our monuments and memorials and things of that nature. And you know, when you go on the honor flight, you see those sorts of things. And I'm glad you talked about the Vietnam Memorial because, uh, I think all those memorials and those places are.
Speaker 4: Great in d C.
Speaker 1: But for some reason, I think the the Vietnam Memorial just has a different sort of impact than, uh, than the other ones that that you encounter on that trip.
Speaker 2: Now, there's no question the Vietnam Memorial just pretty much.
Speaker 3: It just grasps and and and and and.
Speaker 2: And signifies what the country, you know, how how the Vietnam War kind.
Speaker 3: Of affected the country.
Speaker 2: That the monument was designed to appear as a scar upon the land. It slowly rises, you know, it's not it's not something that's large and grandiose and celebratory the way that World War II Memorial is, which is a great memorial. And I also Korea has been expanded, they have now had Korea has the memorial in Korea war has been expanded. It's a very reflective. Uh, it's a very reflective memorial as well. With the with the platoon of military statues coming up to the Korean.
Speaker 4: Memorial are really bread taking. They really are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Vietnam Memorial though with it with the trio of Soldiers that that was added after that come over peer to come over the Hill and and and then gaze at the Vietnam.
Speaker 3: Memorial and then with the names.
Speaker 2: You know, the Vietnam Memorial is really about the names because that's what it is, and the and the the the the way the Vietnam Memorial has you can get very great reflective pictures in the Vietnam Memorial.
Speaker 3: So it's wonderful. It's a great memorial and.
Speaker 2: It's just it's it's it's just a very appropriate for the what it represents and what it's honoring.
Speaker 1: So if people want to find out about an upcoming honor flight, where do they go to do.
Speaker 3: That honor flight? Tri State dot org and you can you can.
Speaker 2: Register there as either a guardian if you want to be a guardian, or you can register there as a.
Speaker 3: Veteran as well.
Speaker 2: So if you want to go on or you have someone that wants to go on the honor flight, just go there and register.
Speaker 3: And you do have to register, and every year you do have to. If you say, well I filled it.
Speaker 2: Out last year, please sign up again because you know, sometimes the database needs to be updated, and I just think it's a it's a great thing to do.
Speaker 3: And I don't think this year too.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't want anyone to downplay their service. I mean, Dan Carroll, I know that you served. I would one day like to push you, maybe in a wheelchair through the memorial, so that comes up, so I volunteer to do that.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't need a wheelchair yet. Let's let's not rush to get to that point.
Speaker 3: All right, you got it, and you may but I'm always there.
Speaker 1: You may be there, you may be there before me, so well doubt it. So we'll see what happens. But I don't know if you did. Did Did you hear the comments of Sarah McBride that I was playing before before you came on for your interview.
Speaker 3: I did not.
Speaker 4: You did not, Okay, But you.
Speaker 1: Know, Sarah McBride on the left are trying to spend this narrative now that the Trump administration is out of control, that they don't want to follow the rule of law, that individuals who are being deported or somehow denied due process, and that this is something that's going to lead to the division and the downfall of our country if this is allowed to continue. And then you have Elizabeth Warren who is calling for the powers of the presidency. She's calling on Congress to strip away the powers of the presidency and for Donald Trump to be able to continue on and doing what he's doing. Have these people lost their minds? I mean, they've lost the narrative when it comes to having any ideas or really any effective policies. But now it seems like, you know that saying that they're grasping for straws seems like a little bit of an understate.
Speaker 3: Well, Dan, I did hear early when you're talking about the.
Speaker 2: Fact that now a plurality of Democrats think that somehow assassination is justified, or violence against conservatives and or the President and.
Speaker 3: Musk is justified.
Speaker 2: We've crossed the line and there's no question that violence is accepted by the Democrat Party. And until I see a plurality of Democrat leaders denouncing this call to violence, it's not going to stop. And the mainstream media, as you well document it is complicit because they continue to refer to Donald Trump and musk Is using terms as Hitler and Nazi. It's just disgusting, and I think it needs to stop and stop today, if not yesterday.
Speaker 1: You know, I was talking to Chris Smitheman a little while ago, and the question I put to him was Trump has been in office for less than three months, less than three months. And again, the one of the multiple narratives that is trying to be spun right now is that somehow we should be seeing results. We should you know, we shouldn't have to be going through this period of what may be some tough economic times, some people being suffering or you know, being made to suffer because of the you know, higher prices that might be experienced, which have not happened yet to my knowledge. But you know, we keep hearing that these things are coming. But you know, the notion that you can turn all this around, get it going the other way, and already have tangible results in less than three months time is completely ridiculous. But yet they continue to harp on this narrative that somehow these policies of the Trump administration are ineffective because we haven't seen the bottom line results on these things yet.
Speaker 3: I can't agree with you more. Dan.
Speaker 2: You know, it's it's it's it's simply. You know, the timeline that they have set for themselves to have results is just ridiculous, and they don't you know, they didn't hold their guide to that, and they're holding Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: I'd like to say, I think the.
Speaker 2: Timeline on the on the the border has clearly worked. I mean, we see that the border UH apprehensions down significantly, and you know, we really just need to ignore the Democrat narrative and the Democrats what they're doing and what they're saying, and just focus on supporting Donald Trump and maybe giving him a little time and leeway to.
Speaker 3: Get his policies in place. And I think we'll we'll bear the results.
Speaker 2: And I did hear Christopher Smitherman, and I agree with him wholeheartedly.
Speaker 1: And before I let you go, I want to get your thoughts on this. Kamala Harris is in the in the process of making her her political comeback, and one of.
Speaker 3: Them, well, I'll wait, I'll wait to see that.
Speaker 1: One one of the things she wants to do is open a Kamala Harris Center for Policy and Ideas.
Speaker 3: Kamala Harris Center.
Speaker 1: That Kamala Harris, Kamala Harris Center for Policy and Ideas Andrew Poppins.
Speaker 3: I said they should.
Speaker 2: I think they should probably find the nearest I think they just finding the nearest roundabout and just name it Kamala Harris, because you never really get anywhere, you just keep talking in circles.
Speaker 3: So that might well key.
Speaker 1: I mean, can you name one policy or idea that she was able to articulate during this most recent campaign cycle.
Speaker 2: I can't think of anything she was able to articulate, much less a campaign policy or any policy, because she's just incapable of cochent thought and putting a sentence together without just simply confusing everybody.
Speaker 1: All right with that, Andrew, we will let you go. I always appreciate the time.
Speaker 2: Bringing Carol always a pleasure, sir, and you're doing your great job. I can't wait for your own show full time here Dan.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll see what happens with that. But Andrew, you're the best and we'll see you soon.
Speaker 3: Take care.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go, The one and only Andrew Pappas eight eight on fifty five KRC, The Talks Dave fifty five KRC, The Talk Station Time