Speaker 1: Time for law and disorder.
Speaker 2: I demand a lawyer with attorney Jeff Kaufman on one oh one one W j R R.
Speaker 1: All right, Jeff from Kaufman and Lenn one of the partners there find the local uh personal injury law firm in Central Florida. If you are someone you know has been injured slip and fall, car accident, boat accidents from a Merritt Island boat parade Saturday night, might want to reach out to Jeff.
Speaker 2: Jeff at When you need Us dot Com is his direct email. It's Jeff at when you need Us dot Com Pound five four six on your cell or four zero seven five hundred Jeff all the avenues to get in touch with the one and only.
Speaker 1: What'd you think of that video clip from the boat pary to Merit Island.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, DUIs b UIs. I believe it's called under the influence.
Speaker 1: Don't know that that's the case here other than just negligent operation. I hadn't seen anything that alcohol.
Speaker 3: Well, there are a couple rules that you have when you whatever vehicle you have. You know, these guys have been on these canals and things forever. They know, doing donuts and everything else. You can't wake rules, wake laws and everything else like that. But I'm surprised that there wasn't a single guy out there, you know, monitoring this stuff normally. Yeah, normally that what's I forgot what they depart those guys who FWC.
Speaker 2: Is that what it is?
Speaker 3: Yeah, guys in the boats all the time you give, they get BUI s and all those that they checked checked this, they became.
Speaker 1: They became involved after the fact. Yeah, there seems to be some dispute if you're just joining us. Big story of the weekend, uh Merritt Island boat parade was Saturday night and at some point somebody who had a boat that was resembled a sports car decked out, was doing sports car type maneuvers, donuts and whatnot, but in the water and uh ended up crashing, careening right in broadsiding another vessel injuring three people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, three people off to the hospital.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dumb.
Speaker 3: You know, the issue in this case is, you know, what law applies, is a canal that considered you know, maritime law or regular law. But you know, let's just hope they had insurance to be able to cover those injuries. It's pointless, man, It's dumb. Yeah, I mean I grew up. I grew up in South Florida. I used to vote all the time, and I mean there were basic rules back then. They don't think they don't apply right now, I mean stupid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you call it. There's no wake zones in that area for a reason. Just enjoy the nice boat parade that has happened for many years. And you know, don't be dumb. Yeah, yeah, I'm rooting for fruit. Don't be stupid.
Speaker 3: But I'm also routing that they have insurance so that the people they hurt will actually get their medical expenses covered.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: Is it illegal to get engaged to somebody before your divorce?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 3: No, engagement means nothing. I mean there are laws that cover rings and stuff like that, but engagement is not an actual part of the marriage process. You don't have to be engaged to be married. I would advise not. Do we need it for getting married?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, I mean getting engaged before because it only upsets the other person and it makes that divorce even harder.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, you do. I have to screw around with that.
Speaker 3: You're not done with what you're done with, the last thing you want to do is you know, start giving other people rings and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: And I don't know how long it's been, but maybe tap the brakes a little bit before you just jump into another marriage.
Speaker 1: But again, I don't know.
Speaker 3: How relationships are relationships. What I'm saying is this is that in these situations, it's not a smart thing to do. You know, it definitely causes conflict with the family you have right now. Oh, this is my fiance. You know, it's like Dad, you're not divorced yet. It just causes too many issues. Avoid it all around.
Speaker 2: Two people from the same vehicle are eyeing me separately for seventy thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Anything wrong with this? I feel like it's not legal. I assume there was an accident. He might be the cause of it and there were two people in the car.
Speaker 1: That he How does that work? Separate suits or what it can?
Speaker 3: You can absolutely have second suits and situations like this.
Speaker 1: It works like this.
Speaker 3: Let's say you have insurance and you have a ten twenty thousand dollars policy. It means, you know, a total of twenty thousand for the accident in ten thousand per person. It means that each person could could sue you for ten thousand. They're each trying to get seventy thousand each. That's a weird figure. It's a weird figure because very few people have seventy thousand dollars of insurance exactly. So it sounds like it sounds like they're just putting a figure forward. But the good part about it is let your insurance handle it. It has nothing to do with you. You know, don't get involved with it. Just listen to the information that the that the insurance company's attorney tells you to do, and do that. Don't do anything outside the normal course of business.
Speaker 1: Do what your lawyer says.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I know it sucks, but in this case it's the insurance gun will handle it. And the only way this will go to trial or you'llow have to go forward is if you're in insurance company chooses not to settle.
Speaker 2: And if you don't have legal representation, Jeff, you'd cover that obviously, right would that? Would you be involved in something I wouldn't cover the defensive an ace Okay, No, that's your insurance company hires those people. But if somebody hits you, Jeff, when you need us dot com something like that, This person said I suspect my neighbor has poisoned my goat leon Notice whatever they found goat those flowers?
Speaker 3: Or is that an actual a goat, a goat named Leonidas?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's not like the goat's name is Leonids. I don't know, but I don't know. If there's a flower called golt Leoni. No, no, this is a goat. They said they're not going to poison your flower.
Speaker 1: The people do. They don't like you. They'll kill your trees and stuff. Hold on, confused, somebody has a pet goat and they think their neighbor is trying to kill it.
Speaker 2: Yes, because they found gopher poison in their trash.
Speaker 1: Do they have a case gopher poison? And who's track I guess in the other people's trash? I don't know. Mistake. You have to use goat poison, not gopher poison. It died well here here, well versatile.
Speaker 3: First off, First off, you have to prove that just because you found gopher poisoning in their garbage cans doesn't mean they use it to try to poison your goat unless you found pellets or something else of gopher poison in your in your land.
Speaker 1: You know, you got nothing. I think you need to go topsy. The goat's not dead, it is the goat is gone. Hooks up.
Speaker 2: I respect my neighbor has poisoned my prized goat.
Speaker 1: Situation enough.
Speaker 3: Cude, all right, I don't have If the goat's dead, we'll talk about it.
Speaker 1: I mean in the end. And here's here's where it's bad.
Speaker 3: You're only going to get the value of the goat, meaning the actual value of buying the goat. Now, these are scumbags, and you can report them to the You know, it's a crime what they did. So there are a couple issues. You've got a civil and a criminal issue. But I don't know if your go got poisoned. I'm trying to read this question.
Speaker 2: Okay, how about this one. I send my health. We're dealing with goats now, and we're off got with goats. We're passed goats. That's my life now, goats. Tiger Woods's a goat, so it was Michael Jordan.
Speaker 1: Nobody's trying to poison them.
Speaker 2: I send my health et cetera insurance agent a gift card because she keeps up with all that I do.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, good for you. You're very sweet to do that. Yeah, could you read the question for the future? Very nice? Okay, I'm a man that runs a charity organization. It's not a five to oh one C three non for nonprofit. Okay, you're following that, it's not one of those.
Speaker 2: If people make donations to me, can I write them out some form of document or receipt that allows them to get tax deduction?
Speaker 3: No, because you're your company is not a charity defined by the government.
Speaker 1: I was thinking yeah, no.
Speaker 3: But if they were doing it for promotional if they were business, well no, it's it's just not a it's not an incorporated charity, gotcha. But in this situation, I mean, if they can be determined that it's for promotional reasons and their business, they might be.
Speaker 1: Able to write it off. Okay.
Speaker 2: For Kaufman, is there any kind of legal recourse available for a four oh one K that transferred from John Hancock that a different company screwed up?
Speaker 1: My name must be Okay, here's the deal.
Speaker 3: Whatever anybody screws something up, you have to show that they screwed it up and you were injured because of it. So in this case, if somebody was supposed to transfer something over and it caused you to be hurt, whether it be you know, financially or physically. You know, in this case, they could be held responsible.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, there's time for one more. Now people are gonna go for a.
Speaker 3: So you're gonna be dealing with this whole day. If you're married, Moses to kill golfers, United States Golf. If you're married, veritable rabbit hole and you're the sole.
Speaker 2: Provider's goat guys, goat focus.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: If you're married and you're the sole provider and your wife is a stay at home mom, but she threatens to leave you over the stupidest things. She also threatens to take your paychecks even though she doesn't have a job.
Speaker 1: What would happen? Would you like to talk about this?
Speaker 3: You want to sit down and we can have a discussion. You could feel good about this is therapy, dude. Yeah, you know, what can you do about it? Well, there are a couple of things you could do about it. You don't have to give them your check. I mean, the fact is it gets the either gets direct deposit in your count or something else. Either she has access or you don't. If you don't want her to have access to your checks. All you have to do is have it set up in a separate account she doesn't have.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: If she decides to divorce you over this, you know then family court will be involved. But if you're worried about her screwing around with your checks, to just have them deposited another account and then move that money over when you want to use it there. The worst thing that can happen to some couples is they do a joint account because one person sometimes is not responsible and they blow that money and it actually screws up the whole marriage. So maybe the best thing for your marriage is to move into separate accounts and you know, put money in one account when necessary, because if your other spouse is blowing your money and doing things wrong, and that could be male or female, you know it's going to cause you to get divorced eventually. So figure out what you got to do now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go see accounts, or at least your goat didn't get killed. No spoken this morning, Jeffitt when you need us dot.
Speaker 1: Com truly puts it in perspective. Taco is his. It's not right. It's not right.
Speaker 2: Direct email jeffet when you need US dot Com pound five four six on your cell or four zero seven five hundred Jeff.
Speaker 1: Jeff Coffin from Coffin and Lynd. We do a pre sate you taking the time out of your work day to join us each week for some free advice for listeners.
Speaker 3: And we have a great movie this week, and we're doing Craven on Thursday, the Spiderman Villa and contact me at Jeff at whenduneedus dot com if you need tickets.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, we'll catch up again next Monday. Jeff Coffin, Everybody, Lynchin Tago on demand, download the iHeartRadio app. True