Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, and welcome, welcome, welcome. It is time now for our community connection right here on K one, the one you trust from. Kathy Stewart's here with us today and you know, I know we're going to have fun because we're going to talk music today. We're going to talk beautiful music. Now, what do you got for us?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: Tom, First of all, I want to thank you for all that you do to keep us up to date on what's going on in Bartlesville, especially during the month of December. Now, what I'm bringing to the table this month is the Advent Concert Series, which is held at First Presbyterian Church, Fifth and Dewey every Wednesday in December at twelve fifteen is when the music starts.
Speaker 2: Now you can come early, like around noon.
Speaker 3: Presbyterian women have made sack lunches again and the price is holding ferment only five dollars per or sack lunch.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you get a sandwich, some chips, some homemade cookies, and I think there's water something to go with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So yeah, it's a deal.
Speaker 1: Indeed, for only five dollars. Can we do this Wednesday during the lunch? Are you can just where we are downtown work and you can just walk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you just walk down there and it's in this sanctuary. We have musicians from all over the area basically will come in and they do this out of the kindness of their hearts as a way to bring joy and or peace to people during this very busy season. First up on December twelfth. This is gonna December four fourth, yea thank you December fourth next week, a week.
Speaker 2: From tomorrow when we kick it off.
Speaker 3: When we kick it off, it's going to be the Joyful Strings Harp Ensemble.
Speaker 1: Nice. This is going to sound angelic, folks, Well, we hope.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, that's the plan.
Speaker 3: This is a group of ladies from around the area and you'll see harps of all sizes, shapes and sizes. There's some of the great big ones that you see like at a symphony orchestra, down to the smaller ones that.
Speaker 2: Really almost fit in your lap.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: And they've joined together and we're going to play some Christmas music on that And I'm a part of that one.
Speaker 2: So I'm kind of excited.
Speaker 1: I didn't know you were a harpist.
Speaker 3: Well, I play at it.
Speaker 1: Very well understood. I've got a few instruments. I do that too, Yes, I play at it.
Speaker 2: I play at it and I have a good time doing it.
Speaker 1: That's important.
Speaker 3: That's really what we all are doing. And it's just I think, promises to be very lovely. The following week, on the eleventh, we have the Green Country Chimers.
Speaker 2: Are coming back.
Speaker 3: And I want you to know the woman and the brains behind this. She is in her nineties. You are never ever too old to start doing something musically, and.
Speaker 1: I understand you have to do a lot to keep up with her.
Speaker 2: Oh you do.
Speaker 3: This woman is a qualifier, let me tell you what. And so they're going to come out with their chimes and do some Christmas music and it's going to be a lot of fun. It's it's just going to be they They just make my heart happy, this group does. Then on the eighteenth, we've got something kind of unique. This used to be a long time ago. This was the thing a long time ago, like five hundred years ago. This is a recorder consort, the Trinity recorder Consort. And again I'm not talking about the little recorders that the fourth graders play. It's good, yeah, no relief, actually yes, a little bit.
Speaker 2: Of a relief.
Speaker 3: No, this is these are actually people who know what they're doing.
Speaker 2: They have the small recorders, yes, but up to very large ones.
Speaker 1: There's these are actual woodwind instruments.
Speaker 2: Yes, these are woodwind instruments.
Speaker 3: They've got I think soprano, alto, ten or bass recorders. So it'll be kind of interesting and I'm sure they'll will be doing a lot of some of the standard Renaissance type music.
Speaker 1: Now I can just hear that echoing in the sanctuary. I mean, your mind just takes you there. Yeah, that's gonna you gotta gotta sell big tickets for the Oh well.
Speaker 2: That would be nice, but these concerts are in fact free.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, but the back line and all we need is a boars head you know, you know, we need a madrigal for this the recorders.
Speaker 2: I think that would be a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: But anyway, now, since there are only three Wednesdays in December that we're offering these concerts, because of course, the fourth Sunday is Christmas Day, and I think most people would be with their families, so we're not going to have a concert that day. But what we are going to do is on Friday, October thirteenth, with the support of OKM, we're going to have the Bartzil Keyboard Orchestra concert.
Speaker 2: They're going to come over and play.
Speaker 3: These are I think we've got thirteen digital keyboards. These are children primarily youth and children starting from age I think the youngest one might be six, six or seven up to high school students and they will be offering up kind of orchestral music, but they're played with the keyboards. And so the cool thing about the keyboards is the keyboard orchestra is that it gives children from a very young age the opportunity to play in an orchestral ensemble.
Speaker 2: And these kids just love it. They're having more fun.
Speaker 1: They play off each other, yeah.
Speaker 2: And they start listening to each other.
Speaker 3: And I really like it when at the end of the piece and we say, you know, you have to watch, you have to watch, and they watch and they watch for the cutoff and then they all play the chord to the final chord together and it's just wonderful to listen to these kids listening to the other parts and understanding how their part works in and they're.
Speaker 2: Not always the star.
Speaker 3: So these are primarily young piano students, but they're learning what it is like to play in an orchestra.
Speaker 1: That is awesome. It's December.
Speaker 3: What that is decemb Friday, December thirteenth, and so it's I think it's a Oh boy, caught me here.
Speaker 2: I want to say it's seven seven I think, So I could be wrong. It might get six. We will double check on that.
Speaker 3: I've got the posters somewhere, and of course I did not bring one with me.
Speaker 1: That's fine. Yeah, we know where to find you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's going to be a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: First, Presbyterian Church is really the place you want to put this down on your to go and your to do list, because you're going to want to go and listen to these fine musicians for the concerts.
Speaker 3: And it's I mean, you can't get a better deal. You certainly don't have to buy a lunch. You can just come in and listen to the music. It won't cost you anything but a little bit of your time, and it is time well spend.
Speaker 1: But Kathy, those cookies are calling.
Speaker 2: Those cookies are awesome.
Speaker 3: I have to tell you, it's and it's it's torture being upstairs and smelling them baking.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's your favorite cookie tom.
Speaker 1: Any and all. Oh okay, I'm one of those boy. Yeah, he gets out of the oven smelling good. It's gone.
Speaker 2: Well, they've got them all, you know.
Speaker 1: I'll restrain myself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know myself to one bag. Yeah, okay, one sleeve.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know me too, well, Kathy, but this is going to be outstanding. And it seems like every every year we do something a little different. I will never say that we do it better, because there's there's no better. These are all great accomplished musicians who bring something different to the to the stage each and every time. Yeah, it's so unique and unduplicatable, folks, this is what it's all about.
Speaker 3: Well, and it's to me, it's the great variety of music and musicians that are out there and here in town.
Speaker 2: You know, it's incredible to me. I had no idea we had that many harpists in town, nor did I. Yeah, so, but enough to put together an ensemble.
Speaker 1: There you go. And I didn't know until ten minutes ago that you played. I knew you did keyboard, yeah, seen and heard you play before. Yeah, but this is really awesome. So once again, what time do the folks need to be down there? At noon.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, if you want to come early and grab a lunch.
Speaker 3: The music starts at about twelve fifteen, goes for I don't know, twenty minutes or so, maybe a little longer depending on the program.
Speaker 2: And then or you can grab a sack lunch after.
Speaker 1: Well, there you go and just enjoy, enjoy and joy, find some piece, find some beauty in this world. It's such a hectic time between Christmas and Thanksgiving, these advent when days are going to be just such a well it'll recharge you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mom, for your soul.
Speaker 1: Oh well, yeah, that's good. They really are really good. Now do you have a Facebook page or a website?
Speaker 3: We can go to First Presbyterian. I think it's fpc bok dot org. We do have Facebook page, so you can go there and check on that as well.
Speaker 2: And so and I think it's current. I think I'll have to check.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll get it there.
Speaker 2: We'll make sure that it's up there.
Speaker 1: All right. I want to thank you for coming in on such a chili chili day.
Speaker 2: Oh it's my pleasure.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, you gave us something warm to look forward to on our Wednesdays. I want to thank you for being here.
Speaker 2: Absolutely and thank you Tom.
Speaker 1: Alrighty folks, you've been watching and listening to our community connection