Speaker 1: Okay, and away we go. Hello everyone, Welcome to the Sandy Show. Wherever you are and however you are listening from sea to shining sea. Thank you very much for me to part of the best part of our day. We know you got a lot of choices out there, a lot of things you could be doing right now, listening to or watching or flipping through on your phone. So if you to spend a little bit of time with us, we appreciate it. We hope we make it worth your while. My name's Sandy. This is my wife. Her name's Trisha.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 1: Friends, Off and running. Speaking of flipping through your phone, go ahead and grab it. Find us on Instagram at the Sandy Show Official. I'm ready for the weekend. Te me too. I am ready to work this weekend. Nice.
Speaker 3: This seemed like a slower than normal week. Yeah, it has drag bar stuff that we had to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does, just busy. But I'd rather be than not busy, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And then do you ever try to work ahead and you never seem to get ahead.
Speaker 3: On some things? It totally depends some things. I try and work ahead. Check out off my list early other things I'm like oh, I'm totally going to push that off procrastinate, right, And I don't know what the determining factor for those things are.
Speaker 1: And I always feel like how I've like it happened last night when I was coming in to say good night, I was saying good night, I was like, oh, crap, I gotta do one more thing that I had to do before I went to bed last night. It just seems like it's always just one more thing, always, always, always. But hey, we're not complaining. We get to work in the air conditioning.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: You know, see people out working in the cold.
Speaker 2: Gosh, oh were people I got.
Speaker 1: I have come to the conclusion of something. Cigarettes are addictive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I figured that out and gets past you.
Speaker 1: I saw a group of three people huddled around outside of an office building. It's freezing, it's cold.
Speaker 2: They're out there smoking, trying to act like they're not cold.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but man, you must love that cigarette. What's first thing made you laugh?
Speaker 3: I can usually tell I'm right by the sound of my husband furiously googling something followed by complete silence.
Speaker 1: Right, that's true. Right, I've said it before, but Google has ruined the barroom argument.
Speaker 3: Right because anybody can look up the final answer right there.
Speaker 1: The barroom trivia question. Right, You know that everybody, everyone's got a little go to, right, and it's just ruined it. People don't sit around and argue or discuss things. They just look it up and get the answer and then that's it.
Speaker 2: Right Boo boo. I fun.
Speaker 1: I think it'd be fun to I thought about this the other night, like I would never do it, But I think about things I'll never do all the time, and that would be have a bar that no cell phones are allowed in. Oh, or you have to have one of those little bags that you can't unlock until you leave.
Speaker 3: Yeah, lock it up because people are going to part with their phones. But so that way, if you meet somebody, if like a guy meets a girl, he has to ask for her phone m and write it down on a napkin.
Speaker 2: Old school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, some guy can be bs and at the bar, nobody for sure knows if he's telling the truth or not.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, that's what makes it fun.
Speaker 1: Why I would have got called out back in the day for my broccoli farmer.
Speaker 3: Yep, And why that was your go to I still have never understood, because it was funny because it was random.
Speaker 1: If I met a girl or somewhere and she asked what I did, I said broccoli farmer, and she'd always have a puzzled look on her face, and I'd be like, Yep, chances are if you've beaten broccoli in this country in the last couple of decades, it came from my broccoli farm.
Speaker 2: Really so weird. Yeah, I remember. You used to also tell somebody that when you weren't on the radio, you were a that technician.
Speaker 1: Dog groomer do dog groomer? Yeah, what I did in my off hours. Coming up on the show today, we got to make good for yesterday's failure and song quiz. We're stuck in Classic rock time out. We got beat by a player yesterday.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: He was good.
Speaker 3: Also, I wasn't putting everything a hat into playing because you called out the Jinks at the big beginning of the play, the beginning of the game, and I was like, I'm not going to get sucked up in that because that jinx is real and it was.
Speaker 1: The Jinks got us.
Speaker 2: That's yeah, Chink's got you.
Speaker 1: Song quiz is coming up play along with us, and also the story we love She'stricia. I'm Sandy Moore. Coming up. Well, we redeem ourselves in song quiz. Well find out in the next little bed because we lost yesterday in a real duel, in classic roc real duel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean yeah, the guy brought it, he really did.
Speaker 1: I think he was perfect on his score yesterday.
Speaker 2: I don't think he missed it all.
Speaker 1: We'll see how we do. We got song quiz coming up. At first, we got to take care of the people's business. The stories we love.
Speaker 2: All right, So I'm doing this story just because it makes me laugh.
Speaker 3: This is the perfect example of people who are at work who are bored and then something goes terribly wrong. A woman in Indonesia is going viral after she got her nose ring stuck in the back of a mesh office chair. She was joking around, sticking her nose in the holes in the back of the chair when her piercing got caught and she couldn't get it free. I don't know why she couldn't just undo the piercing. She couldn't get it free. The people around her couldn't get her free, so they rolled her and they chair into the back.
Speaker 2: Of a van.
Speaker 3: Her face is connected to the back of the chair. This whole time, they drive her to a local fire department. Somebody's videoing this the whole time is far The firemen decide to have a little fun with it, and they pull out a chainsaw to make her think they have to use the chainsaw to free her. Her eyes get gigantically large, but they ended up just using some clippers to cut the mesh and then she took the nose piercing out. I just think just somebody just was like, oh, this will be funny, and then just the dominoes kept falling and look what happened. But I love it that the firefighters jumped in to try and make a silly issue.
Speaker 1: The things that firefighters see. Oh I stupidity of people, right, yeah, it really. I guess if you're just clowning around and this happens to you, nose rings dangerous.
Speaker 2: Nose ring could be dangerous. That could have been bad.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you a funny story. One of our daughter's friends has nose ring. There. Our daughter's in our uh rotc and so is this other kid. And she's not allowed to wear her nose ring with her uniform. And so they had a color guard at a high school football game this year, and they got done. As soon as they get done with that, they change out of their ROTC uniform and into their like jeans and a Polo ROTC shirt. Right. Well, this kid, I'm not gonna say her name, she was I was watching her and she's trying to put her nose ring back in. She's got one that hangs the hoop from the septum one and she's trying to pay and she's struggling with it. I didn't know what she was doing. And I and I was standing right next to her. We were in like a kitchen area because they were serving. They were doing the concession stance. So I grabbed a paper towel off the paper towel holder and I'm like, hey, hey, do you need a I looked like she was plucking bugger. I go, do you need a paper towel? And she's like, no, no, no, I'm fine, I'm fine, I'm fine. And then the five seconds later she moved her hand towey. I was like, oh, she was putting her nose ring back in.
Speaker 3: I got I hope none of the people in line for concessions saw her in. I thought she was picking her nose too. She was back there serving food.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hope she washed. I didn't know if she washed her hands.
Speaker 2: I'm sure she did.
Speaker 1: She had her fingers up her nose. She's such a cute girl too. She needs to take that thing out of her nose for good.
Speaker 2: Yeah she I don't know, that's that's what she's doing right now. Let her do her thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not letting the kid get one of those.
Speaker 3: No, And in fact, she tried a little flim flam last year. She wanted to order the ones that don't actually go through. They're kind of a clip, a symptom nosering clip, not a piercing and she wanted to order some for her friend as a Christmas or as a Birthday present. Yeah, but there were like eight of them, and I was like, you know, I know what you're trying to do, right, And she goes like what Mom? And I was like, you're ordering eight. You don't need to get eight for her. You're trying to go landry. If I find out that you're wearing these at school during the day, it's like you're gonna have a whole lot of Problem's friend and her.
Speaker 2: Eyes got big, so I know.
Speaker 3: I was right there, hell deny, and I was like, you can express yourself all you want when you get older, but as a freshman in high school, we're not doing this.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not doing that, because you could get it stuck in the back of a mess chair and end up in a fire department with everybody laughing.
Speaker 3: At it, and then environment laugh at you, and then you can't live here anymore because that's embarrassing.
Speaker 1: That's the story. We love. Stick around. We've got more coming up, All right, CHRISA, give me a second, Give me a second, give me a second. I gotta get focused, let mean get.
Speaker 2: I think you're fine. I think you just need to keep your mouth shut.
Speaker 1: I'm going into the zone. Stop stop stop, I'm entering the zone. I'm entering the zone. Okay, I'm there. I'm ready to play song quiz. I'm ready to win. I'm like a gladiator entering the Roman Colisseum, okay, kind of like Russell Crowe.
Speaker 2: Not at all like Russell Crowe, but okay.
Speaker 1: Sort off. I just don't have the cool helmet. Yeah, if I had the helmet to.
Speaker 2: Be just okay, let's get going here.
Speaker 1: You don't like my funds easier.
Speaker 2: You don't do you know this one? I don't all right? I thought it was fun, a little on edge.
Speaker 1: See the category is classic rock. We play this with our alexa. Let's do it echo Play song quiz.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to song quiz. How many people want to play song quiz one.
Speaker 2: To play a.
Speaker 4: Music decade, say decade. To play a brand new music genre, say.
Speaker 1: Genre seventies classic rock.
Speaker 4: To play a music decade, say decade. To play a brand new music genre, say genre genre. Choose a music genre. You can say today's top hits, stay at home, party boy bands versus girl bands. Try the featured playlist, Golden Globes, or say.
Speaker 1: More classic rock.
Speaker 4: Starting your seventies classic rock game. Your opponent is Karen. Don't forget about your lifelines. They're there if you need them. Question one, for ten points, your partner.
Speaker 2: Just talk a song.
Speaker 1: You're so vain, Carly Simon, boss boss Baby.
Speaker 4: You got the full twenty points. Your score is twenty in carr and score is ten. Question two of five for ten points.
Speaker 1: The police lonely.
Speaker 4: You got the artist for ten points. The title was so Lonely. You're tied at thirty points. Question three for ten points.
Speaker 1: Charlie Daniels band Devil went down to Georgia.
Speaker 4: The song was Up Around the Bend by Creden's clear Water. Your score is thirty in Carr and score is fifty. Question four for twenty points, round and round. The song was Do It Again by Steely Dan. Your score is thirty in Carr and score is seventy. It's time for the song quiz bonus round at the end.
Speaker 1: Of this.
Speaker 4: Question five for forty points.
Speaker 1: I know it, okay, Lifeline.
Speaker 4: Would you like to get a hint or go double or nothing?
Speaker 1: Double or nothing?
Speaker 4: Raising the stakes now for all the marbles, name both the song and artist.
Speaker 1: Meat Loaf bat Out of Hell.
Speaker 4: You went double or nothing, but only got the artist. The title was Paradise. You still have your hint, Lifeline. Your score is thirty in car and score is one hundred and ten on one whoops a daisy whoops.
Speaker 2: Right, here's a little silver lining for you, Sandy. You were doing classic rock.
Speaker 3: We were supposed to be replaying classic country, so this kind of doesn't count.
Speaker 1: No, we did classic rock yesterday because we had Steely Dan was yesterday. Are you sure I'm positive? I know what I'm talking about. In fact, I have my little cheat sheet right here. Yeah, and your handwriting that says classic rock, no question.
Speaker 2: I was trying to make it better. That's I mean.
Speaker 3: The Jinks just hasn't let you go because that's our worst beat yet.
Speaker 2: Thirty to one hundred and ten.
Speaker 1: The Jinx is showing me whose boss.
Speaker 2: It's like, we've never heard of a classic rock song ever.
Speaker 1: Quick break, We got more coming up. All right, Tricia, you wanted to hear who some of our air gongers are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've assigned some numbers.
Speaker 1: I've assigned them numbers. What we're talking about if you're just joining us is at the end of the care Don't Care song, we both raise our hands and hit an imaginary air gong and we say, if you do that to to let us know by texting us at seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred, just put your name and gong and we will give you an air gong number. So here's our air Congress, of course. The og air Doggar.
Speaker 2: Sonya Sonya is our airgnger number one, number one.
Speaker 1: Felix air Dongar number two, Mister Felix Christy air Gongar number three, April's number four, Jacob is number five, Courtney is number six. We've got Travis slid in there at number seven on the air gongers. Then Jen is eight, Don number nine. Don Don was excited because he got in the top one hundred. Ye y yeah, top ten. H Pam is number ten, and Steve who listens to us into Caleb Illinois, he is number Eleve Our.
Speaker 2: It's our og air gonger team.
Speaker 1: That's it. But we still got room for more of you. Just text us your name and gong g o nng to seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred. Get them up, raise them up. Now, there you go. Good job. I think Jacob yours was the best.
Speaker 2: I feel like he did stand out a little bit.
Speaker 1: I can feel it.
Speaker 3: It was practice a little bit, you know, just automatically good at air gonging.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Sandy, here we go.
Speaker 3: Do you care or not care to find out what four fitness trends are going to be in the year twenty twenty five?
Speaker 1: Nope, don't care.
Speaker 2: Oh you know you're even all sporting and workout you right now?
Speaker 1: They lean like I am right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't care.
Speaker 1: I'm staying with my plan because my plan, my walking has never failed. Like these trendy things, they'll come and go, come and go. Yeah, walking will never go.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, I understand.
Speaker 1: All right, See for our listeners that might all.
Speaker 3: Right, hang on, they're pretty boring. You would have been better off sticking with your not caring one of them teams sports and studio based workouts are.
Speaker 2: Going to be trendy.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm done. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, they weren't good. All right, all right, Sandy, do you care?
Speaker 3: Don't care to find out what company has been serving US president since eighteen fifty and is going to take their show on the road displaying some of their creations.
Speaker 2: It's a very weird item.
Speaker 1: I was a don't careacter you said weird item?
Speaker 3: Oh okay, So it's a footwear company. It's been making shoes for US presidents since eighteen fifty. They're taking their show on the road and basically are going to display various shoes that various presidents have worn as recently as Biden, Like a pair of Biden's old shoes that they made is going to be sitting on a table for people to look at.
Speaker 2: Okay, isn't that weird?
Speaker 1: Yeah, good luck drawing a crowd for the president's old shoes.
Speaker 3: Trump's shoes, Obama's shoes, all the way back as far as Abraham Lincoln shoes. Now why I'm more interested in Abraham Lincoln shoes than Biden shoes just because they're old. But who knew when you become president you have to wear shoes from this one company.
Speaker 1: That's weird.
Speaker 2: Random.
Speaker 3: And finally, Sandy edmember yesterday when I was telling you that Planters is getting into the Wiener mobile realm by having a giant Planter's Peanut car to be driven around, and they were looking for peanutters to drive it. Yeah, Kara, don't care to get an update on that. The salary that a peanutter.
Speaker 1: Oh I care?
Speaker 3: Yeah, fifty thousand dollars to be a peanut, to be a peanutter.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing. Every single person that becomes a peanutter, you know, they really wanted to be a hot dogger. Yeah, they didn't get to be a hot dogger, so they settled for being a peanutter.
Speaker 3: I feel like the nutmobil is kind of like the Wiener Mobiles, slightly less sexy cousin.
Speaker 1: I'm with you on that. Yeah is the og, I.
Speaker 3: Know exactly, But I mean I'm not sneezing At fifty thousand dollars plus benefits, that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not bad. That's care. Don't care. Stick around. We've got more coming up before Tricia tells you something that I have mastered. I don't know what this is. She's going to keep some praise on me before we do that. Just a reminder to grab the Sandy Show podcast. Wherever did you get your podcast? Drop us a text too, let us know that you're listening. Seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred. Okay, lay the praise on me.
Speaker 2: All right, here's what I'm going to tell you.
Speaker 3: This is something that I have been complaining about and asking you to work on for We've known each other for twenty one years, we've been married for sixteen years.
Speaker 2: We've had multiple fights about this. Right.
Speaker 3: I don't know when or where or what clicked with you, but you, Sandy, congratulations, have mastered the art of pooping in the bathroom. But as soon as you leave there being no evidence that you ever put this happened.
Speaker 2: The other day, Yeah, right, when I was. I was running late.
Speaker 3: I had to go into the bathroom to start getting ready, and you went in right before me, and there's the fan turns on, and I was like, oh no, First, I feel like you're gonna be in there forever, and then I'm and I have to wait a long time after till it clears out. You came out of the bathroom. I had to go in real quick to get something. No evidence at all that you had pooped it up in the bathrooms.
Speaker 1: A lot of practice, trust.
Speaker 3: You've mastered the simultaneous courtesy flesh that a fan being on, I feel like there's a third one.
Speaker 1: If there is, I don't know it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean it was not.
Speaker 1: Now what it means a lot to me that you recognize that, that you appreciate it means a.
Speaker 2: Lot to me that you recognized it, that you.
Speaker 1: You appreciate my efforts and me being a courteous guy because you know, you got to share a bathroom with your wife and oftentimes you gotta wait. But anyway, thank you for recognizing that because I put a lot of effort into that.
Speaker 3: I mean, do you want to I feel like you could teach a masterclass on this to other other guys, other people here.
Speaker 1: I could, but I don't want to do that on the radio.
Speaker 3: On the rad I'm just saying, you've clearly perfected your technique.
Speaker 1: I'm going to create a full PowerPoint presentation and sell it to people online.
Speaker 2: We're doing what I'm telling you to do. It takes a lot of coordination.
Speaker 1: Takes yeah, practice, Yeah, exactly does. Yeah, you're not going to master it your first time.
Speaker 3: No, and apparently it's going to take like twenty years.
Speaker 1: It does not. She goes from being nice and heaping praised just a little jab at the end.
Speaker 2: If you notice that, I'm just saying it was excellent.
Speaker 1: A lot of ladies are out there going, boy, I wish my husband was like that.
Speaker 2: I know, that's what I'm saying. I think he could charge for this information.
Speaker 1: I could probably sell out big arenas. I mean with my demonstration.
Speaker 3: Maybe you would have to go all Dave Chappelle's style and make people put their phones in locked cases because one person records it, then it's out.
Speaker 2: Of the internet. Then who needs you anymore? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just glad I brought a little bit of sunshine to your day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I was pleasantly surprised and instantly very attracted to you in that moment.
Speaker 2: Very much welcome.
Speaker 1: Friends, stick around, We've got more coming up. Trisi's got the story we love in just a moment if you're just joining us. We took another loss in song quiz earlier today, which was really embarrassing.
Speaker 2: It's the worst beat ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the worst word natally was our second consecutive loss. It was our worst loss every Yeah. Not good. We'll try again on Monday. The Stories we Love.
Speaker 3: So for a few days now, Kenny Cheesy Chesney has been teasing a major announcement. Some people thought it might be new music or a new tour, but he went on the Today Show yesterday morning and he made the announcement that he is going to start a residency at the Sphere in Las Vegas, Sandy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, that's the good.
Speaker 3: The Spear's Twitter account posted a little bit of a tease themselves earlier in the day. It showed waves crashing and a chair and a guitar, and then a cowboy had appears. Some of the fans who saw it said the chair looks like the one from his music video for Old Blue Chair, and then he went on today's show and he announced it. He said that they have had to reshoot a lot of things. He's super excited about it because it's such a unique experience. It's different than the things that they show on a screen behind him on stage. The Sphere is all encompassing, so they've been prepping a lot a lot of new shots that are going to be on that giant sphere while he's playing. Said, it's going to be very, very unique, and he's very excited to do it.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 3: The Eagles have residency at the Sphere through April, so it's.
Speaker 2: Going to be some time after that. Are you saying we're going You've wanted to go to.
Speaker 3: The Sphere for a very long time, and I love Kenny Chesney and we've been talking about going to Vegas for a while, so see we do it.
Speaker 1: We saw him at at and T Stadium in Dallas in Arlington and he put on a hell of a show.
Speaker 2: He was doing it.
Speaker 3: It was a show with Tim McGrath. That's right, great, it's a great show.
Speaker 1: All right. I think we need a trip to Vegas though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come in, Yeah, I think so. I want to go to that spare.
Speaker 1: When does it start, do you.
Speaker 3: Know sometime after April. That's the only part I don't have. The Eagles are there through April.
Speaker 1: All right. I had a friend that saw the Eagles show there instead. It was amazing, really really really cool. So that's a totally new concert experience.
Speaker 2: To go, right, that's what he's saying.
Speaker 3: He's havant to readjust everything they do for their normal tour out on the road stuff for this spear.
Speaker 1: And good for Kenny Chesney and his guys in the band. They don't have to drive all over the country right doing shows. He can just get a nice place in Las Vegas and drive to work or helicopter you know. Celine Dion used to helicopter in every night from from Lake Las Vegas and go in and do her show. She's not doing that anymore. That's right, So very cool. It's good to be Kenny Chesney, that's for sure. That's the story. We love. We've got more coming up.