Speaker 1: He's Ben, I'm Skinned. That's Dizzle, that's a little baby corn bread. The four of us throw down every day right here from three to six. Thank you for joining us. And Ben, we have a brand new sponsor for this next segment and it is Twisted Root Burger Company. Dude, I think they're quite possibly the best burgers in the history of Dallas Fort Worth.
Speaker 2: They're definitely in the discussion. They're massive, they have a new menu they've been working on for the last six months. You can, of course get all the same burgers you've gotten there over the years, but they have this own You know, you you are the architect, you are the chef. So it's like you just choose exactly what you want and you can construct your own burger there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, b yob options, man, build your own burgers. Ben said, you're the chef. Also, Man, they got custom piggles.
Speaker 2: I love it, man, I love pickles.
Speaker 1: Going to any of the local Twisted Root Burger companies Carrollton, Coppel, Deep Elm, They're all over the place. And mentioned Ben and Skin for a ten percent discount. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 3: Now the sports k tweens as all the sports ye hold on.
Speaker 2: Say I want to hear that again? Can we can we just hear that introg But now it's time for this.
Speaker 3: Now the sports k TD that's the Twins as all the sports that's so good, fantastic.
Speaker 1: They don't pay you enough.
Speaker 4: Before I get to this Jason Kidd thing, I do want to read something real quick because the NBA Finals start tonight. I'm excited, dude. Yeah, PACER's Thunder. We'll see if it's good or not.
Speaker 1: They're fun team, they're both I know that some tiny markets and no one watches them. These are fun teams to watch play basketball.
Speaker 4: So the athletic put out a poll about it's like, do you like the Thunder? Just that's that's all it was, how do you feel at the thunder?
Speaker 1: What do you think about inclement weather?
Speaker 4: Thirty four percent said I like them? Yeah, thirty percent said I don't like them. Okay, that's pretty normal, pretty even. Eighteen percent said not, but I like watching them. Fifteen percent of neutral. I think they're pretty neutral. Finals here with a Thunder and the Pacers, the great Midwest NBA Finals. But then they asked if you don't like them, why not?
Speaker 1: And I guess yes, Shay Gilles Alexander gets all these floppy calls.
Speaker 4: Uh forty nine percent, they get an uneven whistle, Yeah, forty SGA's free throws.
Speaker 2: It's just he is a free throw merchant. You know, he's a foul hunter. And it's just I hate it. I hate watching it. I I just I do not like watching them at all. They're one of my least favorite teams in the league. And part of it may just be the dark cloud hanging over me and knowing that they're going to be good for the next decade. They're so good now and this is just the beginning of their window and then they have all these assets to stay good and right. But I don't like him, and its specifically I hate Lou Dort. I think he is a linebacker playing in the NFL, Like I don't even think he's a basketball player. He's so physical. He just fouls the hell out of everybody. So you watch him brutalize people, and then you see Shay somebody wish spur on him and he goes to the free throw line.
Speaker 3: I hate it.
Speaker 1: He is perimeter Draymond. There's no doubt next year you will see fewer whistles for Shay Gildess Alexander. I'm willing to bet strong money on that.
Speaker 2: Really, why the NBA is like, we know this is a problem.
Speaker 1: Because what happened. This happened with James Harden. You know, James Harden was a foul merchant. But it's the same thing. It's like, once they start really looking at this stuff and seeing he's getting all these calls where he doesn't deserve to get it, then they start pulling back the whistle because it's like, okay, like when they're calling it, it looks like a foul to them, and he's a great player that people can't stay in front of. But when they go back and look at the replay, they go oh, and so then they start pushing it back to it. Dude, Harden used to shoot like twelve free throws a game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he initiates the contact and elbow's, you know, shoulder somebody just to create space to get a shot off, and they call the foul on the defender. I'm like, he just knocked the guy down with his shoulder. Yeah, I was not a foul the defender.
Speaker 1: Harden used to hook the defender and get the call, and then they started calling it. It's the way that these things go. But one thing I do really like about him, and I understand what Ben saying. I love a smothering defensive team, and it's one of the greatest defensive teams I've ever seen.
Speaker 4: The other reasons they didn't like them that they were stolen from Seattle, they're corny, and that they're this good and have all these draft picks.
Speaker 5: The corn this.
Speaker 4: Comment, it's corporate basketball. It's like a manager calling pitches from the dugout. The sideline interview crap is exhibit A. It feels workshopped and focus group tested, totally inauthentic. I don't know that I feel that way, but I will be watching closer Game one. Let me also say this because I've seen it. I was standing ten feet away from it. That coach is a genius. I like that.
Speaker 1: I have seen him tell the officials where they were wrong and watch them reverse the call after they spoke. I mean, it's amazing. There's not a single thing that is anywhere in that playbook, anywhere in that rule book that he cannot instantly recall and hold over an official's head. Amazing places.
Speaker 4: Audio from the Hoop Collective podcast here's Tim McMahon.
Speaker 5: And I'm not gonna sit here and tell you that I know or even think that Jay Kidd wants out of Dallas. That would be going way too far. What I can comfortably say is there certainly have been decisions, major franchise decisions that have been made that he was not on board with, one of which includes the firing of Casey Smith, who J Kidd has been extremely tight with since his second tenures of player in Dallas, who is now running the health and performance group for the New York Knicks, which Tom Thibodeau praised up and down on a regular basis.
Speaker 4: Okay, we go, So you get the point there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, too much win Hurst there. Yeah, so that makes sense. So we're connecting dots here. That's that's an accurate dot though. I mean, you know, Casey goes back to J Kid. I believe to the Phoenix days.
Speaker 4: Really.
Speaker 1: I think I could wrong on that, but I think when JA Kid was in Phoenix, I think that's Casey's wow first four into the NBA. I know it's for sure Olympic team before JA Kidd got to the Mavericks, like they go way back, and when JA Kidd was hired. Casey was one of the people consulted on that.
Speaker 2: Well. So I think of Jason Kidd. I've always heard this that he is you know, he plays a chess game, right, He's playing a chess match. He's manipulating the situation. And I see him using this as leverage to get more power here or if he does really want to get out of here. If he doesn't, maybe he didn't want the Luca trade. I have no idea, but if he wants to get out of here, now would be a good time he could. Either way, this is very beneficial for this rumor to be out there, very beneficial to Ja Kidd.
Speaker 1: And and to your point, been beneficial to the Mavericks because they have two guys on their bench that are coveted next NBA coaches and Sean sweet Sweeney and Jared Dudley. And if Ja Kid doesn't want to be here, which I'm not saying he doesn't, it does or doesn't, but I'd love to get an asset out of New York to let him go there. If you have two coaches that you feel like could run the team. But that's been draft picks draft picks player. It could be a lot of different things, Uh, but we shall see. It's the Bennin' Skin Show ninety seven point one, the Eagle coming up next to brand new segment called Truck Yeah.