Speaker 1: This time for Cops Rock with Dave Jennings.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 1: Yes, Thursday, a little bit after ten o'clock. I'm under to direct Bill Bell. He's in the studio. Is your headphone's not working?
Speaker 3: Is it working?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're working?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yep?
Speaker 2: You all right?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: What do you got for us?
Speaker 5: A couple of stories to show you how much Cops Rock. This one's kind of intense. Let's go to Howard County, Maryland, where police officers responded to a home at about three o'clock in the afternoon for quote a domestic in progress. A preliminary investigation found that a man had fired multiple shots into the home's door before entering through a window. Nice The man, identified as twenty nine year old Tyree Winslow, was declared dead at the scene. Police have not refiled if it was his own gun or a police gun fire that took him down, but in the first few minutes of the released footage, a camera worn by officer Joseph Debronzo shows him arriving at the scene alone and preparing his weapon. He takes cover behind vehicles parked across the street, then approaches the home, where a shattered glass is strewn on the stairs in front of the door. I got to cry for help. I'm gonna have to make an entry, de Bronzo's heard saying into his radio. He tries to kick open a barricaded door where he sees multiple shell casings, but retreats again across the street behind parked unoccupied vehicles.
Speaker 6: Then officer Christopher.
Speaker 5: Weir arrives at the scene and warns Debronzo by exclaiming window, window, window. A man could be seen in a second floor window at the home. Then a woman is seen climbing out of another window with a child onto a ledge above the front entrance. She screams as the officers tell her to stay light out. The woman has heard saying I'm about to jump. Help me, please. De Bronzo says, stay there, you're okay. Officers shall show me your hands well, continuing to tell her she's okay, stay put. Both officers again take shelter behind a red truck on the street. Then more than a dozen shots are fired. After the shots, de Bronzo's heard continuing to tell her she's okay.
Speaker 6: Please help me. She said, I will.
Speaker 5: You're okay, You're okay, ma'am, and footage taken by his body camera, moves to the side of the home under the ledge and ask the woman to toss her child down to him.
Speaker 2: Oh cop on.
Speaker 5: Eventually we are catch as the child and the officers guide her to safety. No ways, shut out. He caught a baby.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm not hurt. I'm not hurt.
Speaker 5: Then the Howard County Police Tactical Team footages last they're entering the home about five point forty after failed attempts to contact Winslow. He was found dead with numerous loaded firearms and a knife near him.
Speaker 1: That is crazy. So, honey, how was your day. It's all right, It's okay. It was okay.
Speaker 5: Now, they said, this is how much cops rock, even people that play cops rock. NYPD Blue actor William McNamara didn't just play a.
Speaker 3: Hero on TV.
Speaker 6: He's won in real life.
Speaker 5: Turns out, he saved multiple animals during the wildfires in LA. He was on TMZ Live sharing that some people left their animals at home and left for the night, and cops wouldn't let them back to get their pets. But he was there, so he started rescuing them, rounding up dogs, pigs, horses, and peacocks and got them to safety.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, First of all, they probably weren't home, but it wouldn't let him back in, right, because I can't imagine somebody that's leaving because of a wildfire and leaving your pets.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: Have you seen the video of the guy whose dog is missing for five days? They won't let him back to his house, and then after five days they see the dog in the rubble and the dog comes running towards him and he.
Speaker 6: Is just bawling.
Speaker 5: Oh man, I mean if you don't cry, Tony, even you, I know you don't.
Speaker 6: Cry with that.
Speaker 2: I would. I would try.
Speaker 5: I'll send it to you. I'll see if you cry. Okay, Cops rock, cops rock? All right, he's not a cop, he's Bill Bell.
Speaker 1: He's Bill Bil, the highway cop. How are you, buddy?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 4: How are you? Guys?
Speaker 1: You're in a polo shirt like you're playing golf today. It's I don't know if you know it's eighteen degrees out.
Speaker 7: I hope to get on somewhere. I know it's going to be cart paths only.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, I'm ready for you need an orange ball. I think it's gonna right called demling and let's get it. Let's get around going orange and green. I wouldn't be surprised if Terry Miners is playing today. How are things good? Yeah, very very very busy.
Speaker 7: We had a big kickoff on Tuesday of our first ever Team Driving Challenge, which basically you go to our app register, download an app, and then it tracks your driving for two and a half months.
Speaker 3: Right at the end.
Speaker 7: Of that period, we will have four winners that will win cash prizes up to two thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Nice.
Speaker 8: Is there a way for the rest of the general public to make wagers on different teenagers are going to come out? Because that'd be a great revenue stream too, right.
Speaker 3: Not for us for we can't.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm always trying to monetize, Okay, Bill Bell and.
Speaker 1: I'm all for this because I have teenage drivers. So what are the parameters? Like speeding? What else is do they count up and kind of grade these these kids at.
Speaker 7: On this app at tracks speeding, acceleration, breaking, cornering and you know cornering is basically changing lanes or yes, making fast turns and so and also distraction.
Speaker 3: So there's five things.
Speaker 1: What will the winners get money? Cash up to two thousand dollars the.
Speaker 3: Big PGA check.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's what I was good. Yeah, so you're all going to do the big check or not?
Speaker 3: Oh the big checks. Yeah, it's like, yeah, that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: And and uh and we know we if you grew up in Louisville, you know, you know, adults haven't mastered the things that you just you just said because some people come to a screeching halt, had to stop light.
Speaker 3: Well, we will also have a code for parents to use. So if parents want.
Speaker 7: To do this as well, they're not eligible for prizes, but you know, the parent and the team can both do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you could have it, could have their own bed, like the.
Speaker 8: Parent can still flop their score to the We We we did that.
Speaker 2: We did that.
Speaker 1: We had a competition in the family because our insurance said hey, and then they grade you out and then there's like a green, a yellow, and a red and and they they gave you a number like seventy eight percent, eighty six percent and at one point, which I think is the least good driver in our family was winning the competition. Like she texted me and said, Dad, the app says I'm a better driver than you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that that's going to really hit home.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 7: So, yeah, a lot of people think they're good driving, right, you're.
Speaker 3: Gonna find out. Yes, I mean yes, we have the app as well.
Speaker 7: And I've always told my wife that she goes through breaks faster than me.
Speaker 3: Right, the app shows it.
Speaker 1: Yes they're breaking. You know, you don't have to use the break, you just take your foot off the gas to slow.
Speaker 3: Down, feathering.
Speaker 1: There you go. But I like the competition part of it for a couple of weeks and then we just got We didn't do it after three or four weeks because they got their information and we got the discount. But it was fun to kind of sort of have that competition.
Speaker 2: And I think you're right.
Speaker 1: I think most people think they're good drivers, right.
Speaker 3: They do. They think the other guys have been right, right. So it's even somebody driving the same.
Speaker 7: Speed as that either speed up or slow down because they want to watch this other.
Speaker 1: Game that is hilarious. Okay, so they go to what app.
Speaker 3: Okay, you go to ky Highwaysafety dot Com.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna have this on social media later.
Speaker 4: But that's great.
Speaker 7: And so you'll go to ky Highwaysafety dot com you register there right, and if you're under eighteen, there'll be a place to put your parents information, so we'll get their approval, right, and then then you download the app and you start driving. Now it won't actually you start keeping score like official score until the twenty fifth, So you have until the twenty fourth to register.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, great, and up to two thousand dollars per winter, and you're gonna select four.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 7: So yeah, the winner gets two thousand and then fifteen hundred, then one thousand, and then five hundred for four.
Speaker 1: It's been very dangerous on the highways lately. Obviously the weather impacted all this. The ice, the ice, you don't see people. They still the construction people still have to work, right, So in some of these zones it's it's weather and you have a construction thing. We always encourage on this show. Please please slow down.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's a little bit of a pause on the construction, you know, because we have to get all this cleared. I think Kentuckians have done a great job of listening to us, listen to the governor saying please stay home, if you don't have to be out, stay home. Let her cruise get everything cleared, and you know, to my knowledge, we haven't had any fatalities due to the snow itself on the roadways.
Speaker 1: Oh that's fantastic. See, it's the only rule that Dwight follows when the governor says stay home.
Speaker 2: Can do That's it's.
Speaker 6: The only thing that he goes, yes, sir, can do, Yes, sir.
Speaker 1: So what else is coming up? Okay, we're gonna download this app and then what else do you have going on the Kentucky Office Fiway Safety?
Speaker 7: Well, we've got we'll have a couple of small or campaigns for drops over, get pulled over? You got super Bowl coming up? Oh yeah, Saint Patrick's Day. So that's yeah, that's coming up. So we need to keep the keep it going. As far as our downward trend, zero's our favorite.
Speaker 2: Number, of course.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 7: We were down fifteen percent from twenty four compared to twenty three total total fatalities and serious injuries.
Speaker 3: We can't forget about serious injuries. They were down over ten.
Speaker 7: Percent year over year.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 7: So due to the snow, due to everybody staying home like Dwight. So we're not going with we're way down so far this year that's awesome compared to last year.
Speaker 1: My wife saw the commercial for the eye test thing right, and she started before she knew the details. She was like, how am I going to get Maggie a ie appointment? You know, it's soon possible to see a doctor these days. I go, hey, sweetie, they have the test there at at the driver's That is correct, right, yeah, yeah, don't worry about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and off Someway Safety.
Speaker 7: We were responsible for purchasing the equipment that goes in all of the regional sites, so we're proud to be part of that.
Speaker 1: There you go, all right man, Bill Bell, you are the best my friends, Kentucky Office of Highway Safety. Get the app downloaded, get in the competition with your kids, and then you kind of have a competition. Are you a better driver than your kids? Let's find out or that this is not that, but the kids will be graded out. It's a great thing for them, all right man, Thank you, Bill Bell. Who do we have Barket Supply East Jefferson Street, Folks, It's in the New Low area at its own parking lot. The appliances are amazing. The variety, so if you go to a box store you'll get two or three different types of washers, drivers, whatever. At Bargain Supply they have them all all. All of the manufacturers are there, from a five hundred dollars stove to a sixteen thousand dollars Italian stove, which I've been eyeballing at Bargain Supply. Plus they know what they're talking about. They sell everything from wheelbarrows to duct tape. It's a great place to go and kind of hang out. Bargain Supply, East Jefferson Street. Back after this on news radio eight forty w h A s all right, we grow Hairindie dot com. Go there, now, get new hair like Dwight and I and you'll be pretty like us. We grow Hairindie dot Com. All right, reeling in the years, We're gonna try to guess what year this this? These songs charted Commitian.
Speaker 8: George Wallace is in the studio and George, I will need chapstick because I have kissed his ass properly, kissed it properly.
Speaker 4: You got some more work and guess what I like it? This morning?
Speaker 1: I said, let me know when it gets creepy.
Speaker 8: He goes, Oh, I I bought it seven cases of chapstick.
Speaker 2: Just to recover from this interview.
Speaker 1: All right, so George, we tried so Dave right there, you see on your screen he plays songs that charted in the top twenty to day into certain years and we have to guess what year it is. Yeah, so go ahead, date.
Speaker 5: And you're probably gonna need George's help with this. It is well possibly one of Dwight's favorite deckcads.
Speaker 3: Sixties.
Speaker 6: These were all.
Speaker 5: Top twenty hits, including the fantastic Johnny C. Boogloo down Broadway.
Speaker 2: I like, uh, I like mid sixties.
Speaker 1: So far, it's not early sixties Googloo down Broadway.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it must be around sixty five sixties, That's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 4: Because in the six late sixties we were dealing with sliding the family stone.
Speaker 2: Yeah go oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: Can you google it? No? No, no, but that's what the kids do today. They take a test.
Speaker 6: They know that'd be no fun.
Speaker 1: I give us another one.
Speaker 6: Okay, Boogleoo down Broadway.
Speaker 5: Let's slide on over to Linda Ronstadt when she was in the Stone Ponies.
Speaker 1: Different drum. Now I'm later, I'm sixty seven. Right now, I'm different. It's sixty eight.
Speaker 4: Maybe it must have been I was in college during those years.
Speaker 2: Sixty sixty eight. Yeah, it's it's not sixty five anymore.
Speaker 4: No, we're moving on up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're moving out.
Speaker 6: To the east side.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll say, uh, I go seven or eight.
Speaker 1: I didn't know she was in this band.
Speaker 4: Yep, I didn't either.
Speaker 3: She was the band I ain't come on here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a couple other losers.
Speaker 4: David, David, come on, nig did you ever make a record them losers?
Speaker 2: That's right, get him, Georgia, George.
Speaker 6: You got to Andrew originally's in that band. How about this one? Joe TeX's skinny legs and all.
Speaker 4: Now, this must have been sixty three, sixty two because I was in high school.
Speaker 1: Well, we're all okay, places okay, yeah, all right, yes, because yeah Joe jucks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sixty three, there you go, sixty.
Speaker 1: This is sixty three. Sure, Ali won the Olympics in sixty This sounds like right after that when he started rolling through the heavyweight champion stuff. That was the early sixties. This sounds like that soundtrack man to me, like the.
Speaker 4: Anything about all this even though he was from here, you weren't even not born when he started. You're right, I wasn't the greatest of all time. He's changed his name, man, I know all. That's why I'm glad to be here in this city, right the greatest committean of all time.
Speaker 6: Yes, a funny guy.
Speaker 1: His house is down on Clay Street.
Speaker 4: Clay Street, so his name was Clayton hed In.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: He was a funny guy. Man.
Speaker 4: You have never seen him with that knowledgeable and then go to college. You could talk to everybody from the king down to me.
Speaker 1: You talk about the shortest poem ever, he said me, is we ben ma Sha the American breed.
Speaker 2: Okay, now this is up in the hippie dippy stuff.
Speaker 1: Really screwing with this is at.
Speaker 2: Least this sounds at least sixty seven. Listen to this the whole hippie business, you know.
Speaker 4: Okay, I was in college when this was out.
Speaker 2: What do you think? Sixty eight? George?
Speaker 4: You gotta help us, bro, Come on the hell, I don't have to know this stuff you do. I'm I don't care if I get along?
Speaker 1: Well, you'd you graduate in high school?
Speaker 4: Sixty five?
Speaker 1: Sixty five? All right, hey, Shay, college or high school? This song right here? College?
Speaker 6: Okay, let's move in American Away.
Speaker 8: Comedian George Wallace Tonight through Saturday, Louisville Comedy Club, Aretha.
Speaker 2: Sixty eight or nine.
Speaker 4: Maybe I don't know, man, this is a second hit.
Speaker 8: This is at least sixty eight, sixty maybe sixty nine.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, this is Vietnam. This is Vietnam.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is eight or now I'm out.
Speaker 4: I think if we keep being wrong, because every song, because every song screws us up.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 5: So the number one song January the sixteenth, This very day, back in the day, John Fred and his playboy band Judy.
Speaker 1: In Disguise, in Disguise sixty eight, sixty eight or sixty nine.
Speaker 2: I'll go sixty eight or nine, but it's January. Let's go sixty nine. Okay, it's not it's not seventy. It's sixty, George Wallah, you go with sixty nine.
Speaker 3: Hey, just kiss the button.
Speaker 1: Number the answer nineteen sixty nine, Jennings.
Speaker 5: Okay, John Fred and his playboy band Judy in Disguise was number one January sixteenth.
Speaker 2: Come on, god damn it.
Speaker 6: Nineteen sixty eight.
Speaker 4: You lost you look so bad?
Speaker 8: Okay, stick stick around, News on the Way, and then comedian George Wallace joins the show Kentucky Marijuana Card dot Com Kentucky Marijuana Card dot com.
Speaker 2: Are you ready, baby?
Speaker 3: I am.
Speaker 2: I have my marijuana card. You should too. It's easy. I was in there was about ten minutes. It's a breeze.
Speaker 8: These folks, they've helped over four hundred thousand people get their medical marijuana card.
Speaker 2: What's ailing you?
Speaker 8: What will it help? Find out? Go to Kentucky Marijuana Card dot com. Use code war Dwight, d Wight, You're gonna get thirty dollars off your visit Kentucky Marijuana Card dot com.
Speaker 2: Stick around.
Speaker 8: You do not want to miss comedian George Wallace at the Louisville Comedy Club tonight through Saturday, stick Around and seven oh Friday sets.
Speaker 1: News Radio A forty w h s Oh boy, Do I just calm down?
Speaker 2: I can't, man, my heart's a pounded Wallas.
Speaker 4: I'm your new host this morning news radio, and I'm so happy to be here with my new best friend and have a good time today.
Speaker 2: Call somebody, Hey, Joe, somebody George Wallace.
Speaker 8: He's in town this weekend only Friday and Saturday, Louisville Comedy Club. I'm telling you loved ones. Don't miss this show, but lots to get to in so short time. George Wallace. There's a guy that's out of Louisville. He's a composer and he wound up moving to Vegas and I think he was musical director for a casino.
Speaker 4: Or what he was musical director for Tom Jones. Yes, oh, nice one and only Tom Jones. I was opening for Tom Jones. He's from Louisville, Kentucky. One of the greatest people you could ever meet. If you ever hear a guy named John Wolf. I introduced him to guess who.
Speaker 2: That's where I was getting. There's a story.
Speaker 8: There's a story I hear that John Wolf says that he owns he owes, George Wallace and Island because George Wallace had a friend that was shopping a pilot taken from there.
Speaker 4: And the pilot is my roommate and under my roommate is Jerry seinthalp forty eight years. We've been best friends. And back in the day, Jerry needed some of his new show. He couldn't find a good music song introduction thing for the show. I said, call this guy. He was He did all my music when I was working with Tom Jones because I was doing some music. He could do anything gospel. Oh my god, that's incredible. Yeah, incredible, Lou. I don't know where these irish or what, but just whiter than you. He could play gospel, black and he could play anything called Jerry Boom next thing.
Speaker 2: You know what's that?
Speaker 4: Uh? What's the name?
Speaker 2: John?
Speaker 4: Oh? John's a millionaire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh.
Speaker 4: Son. Yes. Not only did he do Seinfeld, but he did like thirty other shows.
Speaker 2: No, no kidding, So he's crazy.
Speaker 4: A lot of things come out of here.
Speaker 1: Now you're that weird little boom.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so he basically owes Jorge J. Wallace in island. But you mentioned Tom to go ahead you.
Speaker 4: I'm having dinner with John Wolf tonight. Oh yeah, yes I am. He's fine.
Speaker 2: Everybody.
Speaker 1: Everybody, By the way, George Wilson is in town Friday and Saturday.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Friday is Saturday. Louis a comedy club.
Speaker 4: Get your ticket because some of you need. We need laughter in our lives today. You know a lot. And we got to snow on around. Forget about the snow dot.
Speaker 8: Let's get back to your buddy Jerry Seinfeld, because you all meeting seventy six at catch a rising star in New York City for some reason, y'all, y'all, y'all click, and then you become roommates.
Speaker 2: Are you the actual George from the show.
Speaker 4: I'm his roommate for thirteen years. You got that thirty k I was best man in his wedding. Okay, I'm the father of his kids. Okay, what same? You look at those little IDs? Don't they look a little funny?
Speaker 2: Lost?
Speaker 4: Funny? And yesterday he was I'm the most best person in the world too. Yesterday I was numbering. I was numbing. They The news article says Jerry Seinfeld now the richest comedian in show business. No way, here's the article right here. One billion dollar and my best friend and I signed a check with him thirty years ago. I own half of everything he owns Oh, I have to check. I have to check. I took it with me and Andison Cooper want I have the check. But I'm gonna cast that check soon.
Speaker 2: So are you the George then from Seinveld?
Speaker 4: You know the name George?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But is that based on you?
Speaker 4: But that's the name, got the same name with ru. It's gonna take you an dour and half. It's a pleasure of being his best friend. And I tell you he's still doing stupid stuff.
Speaker 8: I want to get back to the Tom Jones years because you're an opener for Tom Jones out in Vegas.
Speaker 2: Okay, all over the world, yeah, my man, Yeah, all of the world, but also in Vegas.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 8: And they tell you, they say, look, when you open up, there's gonna be five seats. Five seats are off hundred, five hundred, five hundred seats Are you kidding me? Five hundred seats that are gonna be empty? Just because five hundred seats?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 4: Why is it empty? Because the ladies will come to see Tom Jones that come see him every night every the same lady, the same lady said that that's what it's gonna be. And that said, look what so what?
Speaker 1: He was a good looking man.
Speaker 4: You must be out of your mind. Those ladies came to see me. Listen, I used to I used to say, eat your heart out. Tell them Jones. Do you know those ladies were there every night for me, every every night for five and a half years. They couldn't say they made me good. Most comedians open for a night and they do twenty minutes. Tom Jones made me do forty five minutes every night in front of him, forty five minutes. And that's when I learned how to do different materials and those they start throwing their underwear at me. Heart so live, Yes, are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: Is that to say that?
Speaker 4: I know?
Speaker 6: I said, Jones is so still singing.
Speaker 4: He's eighty two years old. You must go to bed really early.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 2: It's all over YouTube.
Speaker 4: And everywhere singing with Jennifer. Jennifer Hudson. He's on like that's the show the Boys. Yeah, that's when you turned around. But it's like in England. It's fantastic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a fantastic He used to be buddies with all Eave.
Speaker 4: He is a buddy with everybody.
Speaker 8: Todd Jones, Man, comedian, George Wallace, Georines, the show.
Speaker 2: Do not miss this show.
Speaker 8: I'm telling you Tomorrow night and Saturday only Little Comedy Club.
Speaker 4: Don't forget Jennifer Holiday And I am telling.
Speaker 2: You she is with me. She's hilarious.
Speaker 4: This is a great show. This is like my Baker's show. I brought it to uh Louisville. How about that? So Jennifer holiday is with me at what is it called a Littleville comedy Global comedy clut. Just get off the plane. I just go, and this is gonna be wonderful. You need to get your tickets and come down. You need some laughter in your life because laughter is healing for the soul and it's good to laugh. I man, I got your greatest job in the world. And I just tell them. Sometime I choke up because I'm living my passion. I teach this to the young kids, make you enjoy your life. And I choking up because and I thank God, because all I do is lie. I just loved it. You ain't lying because life was a lot.
Speaker 1: We don't talk about all the basis of all great relationships.
Speaker 4: You ain't lying.
Speaker 8: Your your family is a little bit unfair and that it's a it's an embarrassment of richest.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's just go.
Speaker 8: You're a successful comedian, one of the biggest names. Okay, Then you got your brother. Three Super Bowl rings with the forty nine.
Speaker 4: Ers Wallace, Yes, number seven four.
Speaker 8: You got your your brother, Then you got your nephew, Amarti Tumor play for the New York Giants.
Speaker 2: Three rings, Bob, you got a nuclear physicist.
Speaker 8: Your cousin goes into a funeral home business in Atlanta, becomes the number one funeral home business, and on and on and on and on.
Speaker 2: Wallace's drink. I want to.
Speaker 4: Roll and I want to write a book. If we never talk about my oldest brother, George Wallace Senior, my name is George Wallers to my daddy does like a lot of Georgia's. Yeah, and he's one of the first black professional golfers in the world. When I was a kid, Charlie sipper Lee Elder, they all stayed at the house because you know, back in the day with the Green Book and then there were no black hotels. They stayed at my house as a kid.
Speaker 2: But in the day we didn't ring, so we were on the tour, but they couldn't stay at a hotel.
Speaker 4: That's exactly right. But we were from Atlanta, Georgia, so we had to welcome home anyway, y'all come stay with me, and that's what he would do. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, the golf courses were the same way. I mean, the time they could play on it Is it true that.
Speaker 8: In COVID you go back to Atlanta and you say, I'm gonna I'm gonna isolate.
Speaker 4: But I was really serious about I got my mask right here. You didn't let you wear on state.
Speaker 2: Matter of fact, I.
Speaker 4: Don't trust you to. One of y'all got something. Dave. Dave is not even in them. He's got something. Look at him, Look at him, sage.
Speaker 6: The story I get on you.
Speaker 8: Is when COVID hits, you go back to Atlanta to isolate, and you're quite serious about it.
Speaker 2: Your daughter comes, you won't even let your daughter in. Is that true? True?
Speaker 4: On the twenty fifth floor, she was across the street at Tomorrow in the parking lot, waving at me. I told I just waved better. I said, social distinct social distancing, as supposed as you're gonna get.
Speaker 1: By how long does he acting?
Speaker 2: I mean till he gets rich Man Wallace.
Speaker 4: And I got Jennifer Holidays. She's gonna be singing. I mean, you know, I'm gonna let her do the ship as much as she want because that's gonna be great. Yeah, And now I have You don't know what's gonna happen at my show when you came to last because you don't know this. But I had Sly in the family Stone on my show. Wow, I like to bring I have war You don't know what's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: I just had the lead singer for War On a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 4: Really yeah, and uh they're great games.
Speaker 8: Oh my gosh, she's one of the best jam bands ever. If you ask me, pound for pounds, so much funking with him, you know, all the great Let me.
Speaker 4: Ask you something. I want to cut this. Okay, as old as I am, do you know I didn't know that the Mississippi River came to Louisville. I'm actually staying it says that the Lituisville shelfton I'm Stinging hotel, and I thought I was in Kentucky. We do some stupid stuff in the South. It's kind of like the greatest cincinnat Airport is in the state of Kentucky. I'm from Georgia. So I'm gonna write a book over the crazy people in the South. Okay, thinks we put down here?
Speaker 1: Uh so you how many time you come through Louisville and you knew Ali?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: You met Ali?
Speaker 4: You know, like I know Man in the latter day when they lived in Los Angeles.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Okay, not here.
Speaker 4: I never knew your house over there on Clay Street. Where in that little house. I never knew him again? Yeah, you know, I just met him as I got old.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna be able to go on over to the museum?
Speaker 4: I don't know, dude, you have a tissue in here somewhere. All of a sudden I got some.
Speaker 2: Okay, now miss are catching this. George Wallace is our guest.
Speaker 4: This this idiot. I asked him to get me some roller toilet paper. Let me taste hey toilet paper and tiss you the same thing, right? Yeah? Yeah, he brings you over the roller toilet pap. Yeah.
Speaker 9: The job that's bounty. The job that's with the joke toilet paper Charman. You say what I get about the men? You know this is a bounty, right, I said, Tarleta is going with toilet.
Speaker 4: Paper, Sherman. By the way, does it goes to my house? What?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Because I got that Charman toilet paper. Since twenty eight rolls equals one hundred and thirty two, yeah, I got three rolls left. Technically, I know I have not used one hundred and twenty eight rolls since fifth of July.
Speaker 8: Comedian George Wallace George's show. You know you're the first comedian.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: It was late seventies, early eighties to make me double.
Speaker 8: Over, uh with laughter on the Tonight show, right lost my breath, Uh because she starts I mean Carlson and I will laugh. But you had me doubled over. And I remember in eighty nine there was a flight that left Little Guardia and it crashed. It crashed into the bay. It was heading for Charlotte, and the flight number was fifty to fifty, and you made.
Speaker 2: A joke out of that.
Speaker 4: Anybody is stupid enough to get on a mariplane with the flight number fifty A true story, Dave, I'm not lying. That was a true story. They telling you before you leave the airport you might maybe, And then I said, go out there and runway thirteen. You give it your best shot. Actually one way thirteen or not. I don't have to lie to you.
Speaker 2: You ain't nobody.
Speaker 4: I wish that was on radio, but you guys every morning now you're talking about who has a great job?
Speaker 2: You guys, Oh no, this is all I wanted to do so seven years old, this is the only job I wanted to do.
Speaker 4: Your dream, that's absolutely and I teach people that everything.
Speaker 2: And I don't take it for granted either.
Speaker 1: What was Carson like?
Speaker 4: He is an idiot? Was he?
Speaker 2: He never invited you to the couch and.
Speaker 8: You're you you George Wallace was the funniest comedian and I'm not saying this because you're here, yes, sincerely, or a jerk, jerk jerk.
Speaker 4: He didn't like people of color. Red Fox never hosted a that show and Red Fox at the number one show. Yeah, and uh until I didn't know that until Doc Sefferson's manager Bud Robinson was a good friend of ours. He said, he's a little but the people that were in yeah, like Bill Cosby and Edit Murgh for NBC stuff like that. So but it was it was really tougher for us back in the day. But at least I did the show, as you notice every other co host I did it with always to the couch and uh, but you know when I'm still blessed, Yeah, I'm still blessed.
Speaker 1: I mean, how many minutes would he give you?
Speaker 4: We had what three or five minutes out there?
Speaker 1: And that's kind I mean, the Carson I mean, that's kind of nerve wracking.
Speaker 4: It is. And before they say your name, you forget everything, you forget God, work out of there, and you do that, and it's just but he was smart, he was funny. We got to do that.
Speaker 1: But that got hurting. The colored curtain, the different going on, and you're standing behind it and it's going to open up and you're going to walk out on Carson Show.
Speaker 4: And it was Thanksgiving night, nineteen seventy nine. And oh, but the name George Wallerson, he says the joke, turn your channel, blah blah blah. No, here's the name George Wallace. Wow.
Speaker 2: But you know, you've been in a lot of high pressure situations.
Speaker 8: You had to follow Red Fox, You've had to follow Richard pryor Danger.
Speaker 2: Field, all kinds of when you were coming up, You're Red Skelton.
Speaker 4: The reason mister Melton Burrow you followed Milton Burrow nine went on stage one night together.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 4: Wow, these young kids don't know what I'm talking about now. But also right now we do, I guess our listeners do, right, Yeah, yeah, absolutely, yeah yeah, Red Fox, red buttons, red red fox, pinky Lee. All people are called red fox, red scutter, red buttons, and pink people are colored inside. Dave got it.
Speaker 8: You have no idea how bummed I am, because we got to get you out of here. Do a real radio listen, listen to listen to joke.
Speaker 3: I got it.
Speaker 6: I'm just in love with you, dude.
Speaker 2: I'm starstruck, Georgia.
Speaker 8: He's not here's your book for an hour, then you moved up.
Speaker 2: Now we only get you know, twenty minutes.
Speaker 4: Your guys got my book on my hat and everything that I'll be thinking all of that stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, twister the website. What's the website? And they go buy that stuff.
Speaker 4: George Wallace dot com. Tell us that George Downsma is on. Just go because Amazon takes off.
Speaker 1: Your much right, go George the dead white politician doesn't come up George Wallace.
Speaker 4: Sometimes it doesn't. Just but yeah, yeah, yeah. But the people coming to see me one hundred and fifty dollars, they know where they're going to seek.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 4: If you do see George Wallace, take me with you.
Speaker 2: I want to see him too.
Speaker 6: He's probably using your toilet paper.
Speaker 4: Did you know from the college at the University of Akron, Ohio, I'm Lebron James Daddy by the way, So they used to call me governor, my whole.
Speaker 2: Life school Wallas and listen up to me and loved ones.
Speaker 8: Hear what I'm saying here, what I'm saying clearly, clearly, do not miss George Wallace Holiday. It's tomorrow night and Saturday only, and it's at little Comedy.
Speaker 4: Club right down here on Main Street. If we're Wing Street here, right over.
Speaker 6: Here, you do not want to miss.
Speaker 4: This way.
Speaker 3: Very smart, they promised me George, just this way. I know what I'm going.
Speaker 8: Okay, Hey, Sims Furniture, let me ask you, are you embarrassed when you have company over?
Speaker 4: Are your problem embarrassed?
Speaker 8: Are you putting covers over your couchs because your sister in law is in content or has got rips? Let's get you a new sofa in love seat listen list Sofa and loveseat only eight hundred and ninety nine dollars. Let's give it the George Wallace treatment and kick it up baby. Let's add a three pack of tables, two lamps. Still just twelve ninety nine bedroom, seven piece bedroom said, that's the bed dresser, mirror, chessa Dwarfs nice stand only nine hundred and ninety nine dollars nine dollars, SIMS Furniture, s I M S One M, Dixie Highway and Preston Highway.
Speaker 2: George Wallace, thank you so much. I love you.
Speaker 4: Absolutely nothing you can do about it is calling us right now.
Speaker 1: There you go, there you go.
Speaker 2: More after this