Speaker 1: You're listening to kf I AM six forty the Bill Handles show on demand on the iheartradiop Not a pretty good start. News coming out of Washington, d C. Which we're going to cover obviously, the plane crash, the collision betwe the military helicopter and the civilian plane. At seven am. J Ratliffe, who is the iHeart aviation expert, is going to join us. I was listening to him explaining some aspects of it on Amy's show wake Up Call, and the guy obviously knows his stuff. But first, let me say good morning to everyone.
Speaker 2: Amy, good morning, good morning Bill or not so good but I know, you know, it's it's such a weird greeting when it's not a good morning, but you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, and we're going to get into it obviously at seven o'clock with Jay Ratliffe. And I've got just so many questions about how many near misses that we hear day and day, day after day, and then the collisions on the airport tarmac where wings are clipped and tails are clipped and playing well, that's very different because they cram those planes in and they're going thirty miles an hour from place to place on the ground. Okay, so Neil there you are, good morning or not so good morning to you, Willie Wolf and not so good morning. Hi, Hi, it's been a morning. It has to been a morning. AND's been putting this together and just scrambling as she does. And then now Kono is not here today, but Elmer is Elmer there you are. You know you have to say something. You can't just not. This is radio Elmer.
Speaker 3: I'm having a great morning.
Speaker 1: I can see that, and you sound like it. All right, Well, let you know what I'm going to go off into before we start the festivities in quotes. As we start with this horrific news. Yesterday, we've been talking about the various platforms Netflix raising their prices ridiculously, and how many platforms I have. I have zillions of them. So there was one that I'd forgotten I have, and it's BritBox and it is just British television. That's it, just British TV and they have some of the best documentaries. Now you know how totally obsessed I am with death, but not on the level that we're going to talk about today, the fun part of death and this documentary. Amy don't give me that look. And this documentary is about how funeral directors, how the funeral business is handled in in Britain, primary London and Muslim. They have a huge Muslim population, so how they deal with Muslim weddings. They have a huge Hindu population, and of course they have a very large black pack population as well as your standard to Anglican English white guys which actually are in the minority. So I was watching one last night and this was a black family, Christian black family, and and Neil, I don't know if you've ever seen this, but there were about a dozen parishioners who as the crowd was leaving the chapel and the casket is being rolled down the aisle in and out the door on going on to the hearse, they had doves in their hands, about a dozen of them, and threw the doves in the air and it was actually it was kind of moving, you know that kind of now. I thought it was a really nice touch. Where forty yards, you know, down the road, there was a guy with a shotgun. I thought that helped a lot. Well, people got to eat that's true. That it is fascinating stuff. I love that platform, I really do. Brick blocks. I don't know why I'm giving him kudos, but it's just I like that stuff.
Speaker 3: So in Christianity, the dove represents the Holy Spirit. So just so you know, another show.
Speaker 1: Is that why at when you do the Eucharist is the breast of Dove? No, they don't serve that, No, okay, right.
Speaker 3: But a show that I do recommend is The Repair Shop. If you've never seen that, I think it's fantastic. Oh it's just it's a really it's a repair shop with a bunch of experts in like this big barn, and people bring in antiques, antiques and stuff that are broken or they you know that some of them like go back and I saw one where where it was damaged. It was the only thing that was left of the house during the Holocaust and the war World War two, and they brought it in and they fix it. They do research, they find out what it's made of, and.
Speaker 1: They apparently to brand new. So a butter churn, for example, they brought back a very rare butter churn. It was spectacular.
Speaker 3: The stories are insane and some of them will leave you in tears. They're just amazing.
Speaker 1: All right, let's do it guys. All right, Unfortunately we're going to get to we start the day with some bad news. Handle on the news with Amy Neil and me lead story, YEP, American Airlines flight. It was a regional jet Canadian jet bombadier with I think sixty four people aboard, collides with a military helicopter as the plane was landing and just an explosion mid air. And they originally called the rescue people as a rescue operation, but no one survives those, so now it's a recovery of bodies. Jay Ratliffe, iHeart aviation expert, is joining us at seven o'clock this morning, and we're going to talk about various aspects, not only the crash itself, but could have been prevented. What the air control system is? Was that involved that all who was at fault? Could have been a mechanical issue. There are anti collision systems aboard certainly aircraft, commercial aircraft. I don't know if they have those on military aircraft. Oh.
Speaker 3: I would imagine the military most certainly would have.
Speaker 1: I don't know how that works. We'll find out. I'm going to ask you that question.
Speaker 3: Were there any survivors?
Speaker 1: Bill? No, No, they couldn't be survivors.
Speaker 3: Well, earlier on they were saying they pulled four people out.
Speaker 2: Those were erroneous reports from last night. Yeah, it's changed.
Speaker 1: It is. It is hard to survive anything like that. I mean, it's just and what do we know. The altitude Amy has even reported.
Speaker 2: Was very low. I was hearing about four one hundred feet they were on approach to land.
Speaker 1: Okay, so even with that, let's say there was someone who survived the explosion. Probably not, but okay, they survived. Now they're falling four hundred.
Speaker 2: Feet into a thirty six degree river.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's where.
Speaker 2: They said you could survive for maybe fifteen or twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's yeah, that's so it four hundred feet into a river, you don't survive. All right, let's move on, Amy.
Speaker 2: Well, we actually have some positive news, and that's that eight more are out. Three more Israeli and five Thai hostages who've been held in Gaza for more than fifteen months have been released by Palestinian militants by Hamas. They were handed over this morning to the Red Cross in Gaza, who then transferred them to Israeli troops and took them back into Israel.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: One of the things that I find very interesting here is, first of all, the propaganda aspects of this. What Hamas is doing is as these hostages are being released, a dresses them in the same green fatigues the uniform that Hamas uses, puts them on a platform. They are surrounded by Hamas fighters with the AK forty seven's and the head covering and the face covering, and the first three Israelis were waving as if they were getting off of a spacecraft and had a crowd in front of them, and you know how you wave? Here I am and I'm thinking, what is this about? I mean, I don't get it. I mean I can see they can try, but if I guess, if you're being released, you'll do anything your captors say. But why would you smile and wave, especially when their hostage is already being held and you know their hostages being held. So I don't quite understand how this is coming down. I really don't. And when you talk about the release of hostages, here's the release. Are some of the people that were capture or all the people that were captured during that October seventh rating, which twelve hundred Israeli's men, women, children who were citizens of this kibbutz and others were murdered and were captured versus Palestinians who have been convicted of murdering Israeli's and bomb attacks. Those are the exchanges, and so there's a lot wrong with this.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Let's do it more Handle on the news as we jump into the news this morning, Amy Neil and.
Speaker 3: Me Well, the sparks flew. RFK Junior classed with Democrats overpasted comments about vaccines, abortion rights, and more. Democratic lawmakers confronted Kennedy with previous statements he had made to press him on his role in a deadly measles outbreak in Samoa and twenty nineteen, his views on COVID nineteen, and his previous claims falsely leaking linking vaccines to autism in children.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm doing more about that. Eight thirty. I'm going to go through it because some crazy stuff happened. I'm sorry I interrupted you.
Speaker 3: Now did you see the onesies that they that they put up that that what was unvaxed and unafraid or something like that for kids? And it was it was crazy.
Speaker 1: By the way, he's quite the communicator, isn't he. Can you understand a word he says when he.
Speaker 3: Talks, I'm not a fan.
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm there's two yet it's number one. Don't You can't understand him? And when you do understand him, he does one of two things. Either deflex, Oh no, well, what I really meant was this when you said vaccines are you will never trust a vaccine? What did you mean? Well, it meant that I really trust vaccines under certain circumstances. Or he just outright lies.
Speaker 3: Didn't he vaccinatee his children?
Speaker 1: Sorry? Yeah, he vaccinated his kids, he said while he was telling people that there's this thing as a safe vaccine and autism and dangerous, and he talked about at one point vaccines aren't tested enough. They haven't been around long enough, like polio nineteen fifty three, and I don't know how many hundreds of millions of kids and adults were vaccinated. I wonder what he would say about asper today. Aspirin's been around since the eighteen seventies, I think eighteen eighties. I wonder if we've tested that one enough.
Speaker 3: Wow, stomach bleeding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, careful, So I'm gonna do more about this at eight thirty and then there was and I'm gonna tease you a little bit, there was a comment made by a Republican senator that stunned me. I mean, I was just floored. All right, let's move on.
Speaker 2: Get moo's gonna get crowded. President Trump has signed a memo directing the federal government to prepare the US naval base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, to take in tens of thousands of illegal immigrants. Most people, he said, don't even know about it. But we have thirty thousand beds at Guantanamo to detain the worst criminal illegal aliens threatening American people.
Speaker 1: Do you have a story of Gitmo. It's fascinating stuff. It was at the end of the Spanish American War. The United States cut a deal a lease with Cuba for Gittmo in perpetuity, and the original cost of the lease was four thousand dollars per year. It has never changed. Originally it was with gold, and now the government every year pays Cuba four thousand dollars a year in a check, basically an attempt to wire. Since Castro, Cuba has refused to take the money, so there goes four thousand dollars, they say no, and we still get get Mo because they're the ones that are breaching. They won't take the money. So legally, it's like any tenant submitting the money and the landlord says, no, I'm not taking it. Well, you can't be thrown out on that one. There's Gitmo for you. It's a US base.
Speaker 3: What how weird they can't doot us out?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean theoretically they could, but are they going to Is Cuba going to invade git Mo and go to war with American forces in Guantanamo Bay? You think that's going to happen anytime soon? So it's an American base.
Speaker 2: Well, plus they need the four thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which they won't cash. By the way, they still refuse to cash it.
Speaker 3: Hm, it's been adding up, it had well, you know that's.
Speaker 1: The other question. And I did ask a landlord tenant attorney on that one, because at some point it doesn't add up or is it just waived where you don't know the money anymore because they refuse to take us since nineteen fifty nine. Okay, let's move on. Just say metaphysical question there all right?
Speaker 3: In response to President Donald Trump's executive order banning diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives, the Pentagon's Intelligence Agency has paused special events, programs and related events. This includes for Juneteenth, Martin Luther King Junior Day, Black History Month, Holocaust Days of Remembrance, and Pride Month. According to a memo that ABC News got its hand on, So despite being on the list of the Defense Intelligence agencies paused events and activities, the membo did clarify that Martin Luther King, Junior Day and Juneteenth will remain federal holidays.
Speaker 1: Now you can't say no to a federal holiday. H have to sort of remember that one. But the rest of them gone, Native American Remembrance Day, Holigost Remembrance, I mean, just all of them right down the line. No, thank you. All right, let's go ahead and take a break. We'll come back and continue on with Handle on the News on this Thursday morning.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: More. Handle on the News, Amy, Neil and Me.
Speaker 2: Protecting themselves from Cash Patel. One of the people on Cash Patel's so called enemies list is moving their family before Patel's potential confirmation to lead the fbis his confirmation hearings get underway today. The individual who is speaking anonymously says that they're re locating in the coming weeks and taking other steps to keep their new home purchase anonymous. They said they're doing it because they're afraid Patel might weaponize the FBI against them or use his platform to inspire others to take action.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's look at what's going to happen. He writes a book in twenty twenty three entitled Government Gangsters, and it names fifty current or former US officials that he says are quote members of the executive branch, deep state, and are a dangerous threat to democracy. And these are the people that are taking action to not get nailed now. When asked about it, his spokesperson said, you're referring to the glossary of a book. Well, yeah, the glossary of a book puts their names in alphabetical order. That's all it does. How does it change anything? And then of course the deflection cash Pattel will follow the constitution and enforce the law to take criminals off our streets, fight violent crime, put an end to the deadly fentanyl crisis is any notion of retribution is false and absurd. Okay, let's go back to you have called them a dangerous threat to democracy. How about connecting those two. No, he's going to follow the constitution and it's fentanyl that's the problem, and taking criminals off our streets. By the way, he is going to, of course get every single Republican vote. He will be confirmed. It's insane coming up a thirty RFK his confirmation hearing. And I'm going to give you a quote from a Republican senator that actually stunned me. And all of this, I'm still able to be stunned. That's astounding. All right. How could you.
Speaker 3: Keep a house unlisted from the FBI?
Speaker 1: What you do from the FBI? Yeah, yeah, that's true. I mean you try to do anonymously. You do it through a trust, but they can find it. I mean, the FBI can find who you are. Can you imagine the FBI going after someone. What's going to happen is under the Trump administration, you will see the enemy's list, which absolutely exists. I mean, you're not going to see these people arrested, put in handcuffs, walking out of Congress. But I think you're going to see IRS, investigations, audits coming down hot and heavy on these people. I think you're going to see a lot of grief. I mean this president and through his cabinet picks and his administrative picks, he's big time into retribution.
Speaker 3: I hope you're on the list, all right, President Donald President Donald Trump signed to executive orders on school funding just yesterday that fulfilled promises he made on the campaign trail, if you remember, included school choice, ending funding for schools that support what the White House now calls radical indoctrination. Also on Win Day, he signed and executive order combating anti semitism. The order on school choice and issue Trump who been pushing for a long time now could be a huge win for conservative activists and politicians who have been advocating for decades to make it easier for families to spend taxpayer funds on private education.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's been a big issue separation of church and state. Where it was the courts were pretty adamant about saying we are not going to support with taxpayer dollars schools religious schools or schools that teach any kind of religion, and so that's turning around. By the way, you're going to see big changes afoot. It's going to screw up the public school education system. On the other hand, the public school education system really does not do a good job. When my kids were enrolled in day school Jewish day schools, I wanted to put them into Catholic schools actually, because Catholic schools are so good. And if I have a kid and I choice between education in a public education or Catholic school or religious education, I'll take the religious one and not for the religious purposes. The religious purposes involved. It's strictly academic.
Speaker 3: So we'll see, are they little cashews?
Speaker 1: Oh that's very strong, This is very strong. Yeah, so go ahead.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I was gonna move on. But if you have more deja no.
Speaker 1: Let's move on because we can go forever. And I want to get through some stories.
Speaker 2: Okay, So guess who gets to pay? So cal Edison is asking state regulators to make its customers pay more than seven billion dollars in damages that it paid to the victims of wildfires. The CPUC is going to consider Edison's request to pass to its rate pairs one point six billion in damages from the twenty seventeen Thomas wildfire that was the one in Santa Barbara and Ventura counties, and then also five point four billionaire damages from the Woolsey fire in twenty eighteen, that was the one that burned through Ventura and La Counties and killed three people.
Speaker 1: Who else is going to pay? You have to go in front of the PUC, or in this case, you have to go in front of well, in this case, the PUC Public Utilities Commission to be allowed to raise rates. Okay, what if the PUC wasn't allowed, wasn't involved, and you have insurance companies and they're not regulated, Who is going to pay for the costs to the insurance companies or to the utilities when things burn down? Who's going to customers pay for it? When's the last time the provider paid for anything that sells and deals with the public. Okay? I mean, I don't know why they make this such a big deal. Of course, the consumers are going to pay, although they're saying, you know, these billions and billions of dollars Edison customer. Edison says, if both measures are approved one point six billion and five point four billion together, the average monthly bill is going to go from one hundred and seventy seven dollars to one hundred and eighty one dollars four bucks. So now four dollars is four dollars.
Speaker 4: You're listening to bill Handle on demand from KF I am six forty.
Speaker 1: Thursday morning, January the thirtieth January is thirty one days. I've never been able to figure that out. I never have. And I won't do tattoos on my knuckles because everybody thinks I go to prison or I went to prison. So January one, January thirty one, right, yes, got it, Okay, thank you. Now let's go back and we finish handle on the news. Amy here, Neil here, and I am here.
Speaker 3: Thank god. Meta Platforms has agreed to pay roughly twenty five million bucks to settle a twenty twenty one lawsuit that President Trump brought against the company and as CEO after the social media platforms suspended his account. This was, of course, following the attack on the US capital that year on January sixth. Of that money, twenty two million, will go to fund Trump's Presidential Library Prariy Library Library, with the arrest going to legal fees and the other plan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but look at the circumstances that led up to this, right, Trump hates Zuckerberg, Zuckerberg hates Trump. Trump gets elected, Zuckerberg falls right into line with the other tech billionaires to their standing in line to see who can shove their heads up Trump's but the quickest and the farthest. And Zuckerberg was library.
Speaker 3: Saying that the Biden administration and leaned on him to to put false facts out or not put h stuff out by.
Speaker 1: I don't remember what the Biden administration. No, Biden administration was was very hard on disinformation and misinformation. Uh, and it was. There was a fight there, and Trump hated Suckerberg personally. So now and Zuckerberg took him off of the uh uh, took him off the platform. So so he suites Trump sues, and then it all goes away, and then all of a sudden, you have Zuckerberg sucking up the Trump, having dinner at Mar a Lago with Trump, and now they're talking to each other and basically Trump says, you know what, We're not going further until we get this lawsuit done. I'm suing you. I want it done. Thirty seconds later, twenty five million dollars, you got it, And a million dollars goes to the inauguration festivities because those are not paid for the government. You know, all the inauguration stuff has not paid for the government. Did you know that the prey and all that, that's all private.
Speaker 3: We can call them Suckerberg Now, huh, good wealth?
Speaker 1: Whoa excellent.
Speaker 2: Will they have trouble coming to America? Maybe?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: The World Cup is in less than five hundred days, and fans, politicians, and other people involved, including FIFA, the governing body for soccer, are worried that immigration rules and long visa wait times are going to make it hard for supporters and even players to get into the US in time for the World Cup. They say that wait times for interviews for business and tourist visas are up to three hundred and thirty days at eighteen US embassies and consulates. Some of the longest waits are in India, Columbia, Peru, and Honduras. And most fans who are planning to come to the US to watch the World Cup, we'll have less than six months to get the necessary paperwork because they haven't announced the schedule yet.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you what just happened to me and the US government. I am applying for citizenship in Poland, polid citizenship, so I have a European EU passport. I can do that through my father was born in Poland. I need some information from the US State Department, for example, a copy of my naturalization papers, a few other things. So I have someone helping me out. My niece is helping me out. And she's in the middle of this, and she called me and said the State Department. That department is now shut down. Trump ordered everything shut down. Well a day and the website is down. A day later it opens up. It'd been gone twenty four hours. The fee for those documents went from one hundred to five hundred and fifty dollars overnight.
Speaker 3: Wow, just like that.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Welcome everybody. Okay, I think we have time for one or two more.
Speaker 3: All right. Former New Jersey Democrat Senator Bob Menendez was sentenced just yesterday to eleven years in prison. This is following his conviction on bribery and corruption charges after taking cash, a Mercedes Benz and my personal favorite gold bars as bribes in exchange for helping three businessmen and the Egyptian government yeah.
Speaker 1: He pled not guilty and explained away, I keep gold bars at home just in case the world falls apart. That's what we do, my wife and I. We keep cash, hundreds of thousands of dollars in our house just in case. The Mercedes really wasn't a lease in my name. It was in my wife's name. And it has nothing to do with all of this pushing for the Egyptian government and helping them get some benefits from the US government, plus some businessmen who wanted some waivers for construction Egyptians. Nope, none of that.
Speaker 3: Actually, he got caught up in the pyramid scheme.
Speaker 1: God, you're on you know you are on fire.
Speaker 3: I don't think I slept well last night. I almost had a joke about the FIFA foe because they couldn't get it. But I no very strong today.
Speaker 1: No, today, you are on fire any and I hate that, by the way, I hate when they are more clever than I am. So let's not do it again.
Speaker 3: Okay, it must suck for you.
Speaker 1: Well if you keep on going. A quick announcement to make tomorrow and for the rest of the history of this show, Neil will not be with us. And we are now aggressively looking for someone else.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't be the first one to cancel me off their show.
Speaker 1: Oh that's true, all right, we're hold on about to sneeze. Oh hold on, God, I hate it when the sneeze is right there on this light.
Speaker 3: It's even worse when you're listening to it. Trust me.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, wow you oh there, you are? All right? Coming up the bad news the crash yesterday, that collision between a helicopter and a civil civilian aircraft, and Jay Ratliffe, who is the iHeart Aviation expert, is going to take us through what happened, could it have been averted? And a whole bunch of other questions about aviation in the US. We'll be back with that. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show. Catch My Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.