Speaker 1: Good morning, Kentuckyana, Happy Monday to you.
Speaker 2: It is Kentuckyana's Morning.
Speaker 1: News with coffee and Company here on News Radio eight forty whas hopefully you had yourself's a good weekend. We talked at a little bit about the TVT during Scott's for sportscast this morning, and I love everything that comes with the event just because of the nostalgia and it's it's kind of awkward in a good way and awkward again, it doesn't seem like it's the right word to use, but they're just things that you never imagine you would experience that end up being really cool, but you don't, you know, it's just I don't know. Maybe when I say awkward, I guess more so I mean like it's awkward to know that this feels so cool when really it's not that big of a deal, I would say to most people. But if you're just a die hard fan, which I feel like this event really is for diehard fans. When you got thousand that'll show up to watch former players that are not playing professional basketball anymore, that haven't played for Louisville in a long time. Some of these guys are playing pro but we would support former players at places like Louisville, Kentucky and even Indiana more than most, because again, we are college basketball crazy. But I mean, just let me just give you a scenario that played out. This really did play out on Saturday, And I just can't imagine someone telling me that these things would ever transpire many years ago and me having any clue how we got there. So I'm at Freedom Hall listening to fans playfully heckle coach Luke Hancock because he won't put Peyton Siva in the game. All while this is happening, Russ Smith hits a three, Montrez Harrold catches an alley oop dunk, and then you have Earl Clark and Quince Leznski on the bench having a casual chat. I mean it's again, you wouldn't be able to dream up scenarios where these things would happen, but the TBT gives you that, and and I eat it up.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: I think they've got to revisit sort of the roster just because and I think I might've been I might have hinded to this when we talked about it not that long ago. Scott, is that some of these guys are on the older side. That sounds crazy to us because it seems like they just played here yesterday. But you know, you've got a team I think you'll see this year. I'm not sure the favorite is going to be moving forward, but I would say that there'll be a team this year that wins this thing. And I wouldn't be shocked if their average age range as far as guys who play a lot of minutes, is much more closer to twenty five twenty six than mid thirties or early thirties like the.
Speaker 2: Vills roster was. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was reading some of the social media chatter following the game in the Louisville game, and a lot of folks were saying the same thing you did. They said, this team's a little bit old, Maybe go for a younger roster next time, And the age kind of showed through. Even Peyton Steven talked a little bit about that and.
Speaker 1: Didn't play second.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, And I knew he did want to.
Speaker 1: I knew he was sort of gonna be out there if needed. And h Russ came off the bench and play lightly compared to what we've ever seen Russ Smith have as far as the role, so they did rely on some youth with Jay scrubb Uh. They also really in the second half yesterday it just came down to who could get some stops defensively. Now, Mantres Harold continues to show that he's a guy that if needed, the NBA could give him a call and he'd probably still be able to go there and be just fine. And certainly I don't know how Montrez can't can't just have it, I mean to me, when healthy, he has proven he's more than capable of being in the NBA. But he had an injury to set him back, but he went and dominated in Australia, is doing well in the Big Three, and he was a monster yes yesterday and on Saturday for Louisville. So yeah, yeah, I think which you probably saw, I would agree with for the most part, they've got to find a way to get a little bit younger. Well, really hurt him. Race Balding would have helped, but he got to he had a back injury in their first practice and and wasn't able to go. But Mantres Harold, this is one of the one of the other mini components Scott that I think just makes this event so special to where we would eat it up and love it more than anybody is. Because we can tell that these guys, now that they're older, they they really just have with life experience and maturity, they have a better they have a better way of appreciating what you get at a place like this where we are. You know, we're diehard crazy fans. I mean, I'm sure when you're playing in the NBA, you know you realize those are the bright lights, that's the biggest stage. But nobody's gonna love Tres quite like Louisville loves Tres And he not only does he know that, but he can feel it when he comes here. So yesterday he ends up getting up getting a flight to Detroit because he had to play in the Big Three. Well, then on his own dime, he got a private jet, hired somebody to take him back to Louisville, and then use a rental car from the airport to get back to Freedom Hall. So he played two games in two cities yesterday, and he did it on his own dime. Right, these guys are clearly playing to to share two million dollars if they can win it. But I think that just speaks to him playing and you can tell one watching him out there. And by the way, he's just somebody when it comes to just his nature and how fiery he is man. He feeds off of a crowd that is in tents and certainly Louisville fans were getting hyped for him on Saturday and Sunday. They they just got too big of a hole yesterday and it was a little it was just too late. I mean, they had a great comeback. I think they went like a twenty to three run maybe yep. But when you're down twenty five and that team, man, they were they played really well. They had some young guys, guys that were really killing and in college not that long ago. That helped them. And at one point I think they'd made about six or seven threes in a row. And again, it's just kind of hard to come back. I'm glad that it ended with them being competitive towards the end because it, I mean.
Speaker 2: I was starting to think that they lose by forties. God, it was best, you.
Speaker 3: Know, to your point though, it was exciting for the community, and that's the problem when you set the bar so high out of the gate, which is what Louisville did last year.
Speaker 2: There's no room to I mean, there's a room to grow, but there really wasn't a lot of room to grow.
Speaker 3: So I think when if you folks tuned in in the middle of that game, maybe towards the half, they were kind of shocked to see the score. And then if you watched it, but then, like you mentioned, Louisville crawled back into it. I said, they get some youth. They still have a lot of success here. We of course, have a lot familiar assembly ball the whole area. In fact, a couple of Bellaman one former Bellaman night was in play yesterday as well. We'll talk about that too as well throughout the morning.
Speaker 1: I love watching former I love watching this event and randomly seeing guys I forgot about just because I'm a nerd for college basketball.
Speaker 3: The one guy you probably forgot about was in action last night.
Speaker 2: Looking forward to hearing about it.
Speaker 1: All right, stuff, good stuff, All right, let's get another check of traffic and weather. Also, we've got Rory and Al NBC News set to join us, who give us the latest on the CEO who got caught with somebody probably shouldn't have been smooching with on the big screen at the Coldplay concert. Only the biggest story seemingly in the world right now, it's about forty six. Here a Kentucky and his morning news on news Radio eight forty whas Coffee and Company and were now bringing Rory and aale of them INBC News.
Speaker 2: Rory, the internet did what the internet does.
Speaker 1: They quickly were able to determine who it was who looked very awkward and uncomfortable. And really, these two individuals told on themselves as far as doing something they knew that they were not supposed to be doing that they didn't want people to see. But Andy Byron has resigned as the CEO of Astronomer, the company, of course, that he led before all this happened. What can you tell us as far as the impact that this viral story, super viral story has caused to those involved, including the company?
Speaker 2: All right, hey, do you have a favorite meme yet? Oh?
Speaker 1: Man, I saw what the Savannah the Savannah Bananas did. That was the best video I've seen from it. But the memes they're all great.
Speaker 2: They are, I mean, it's unlievable.
Speaker 4: I have a personal affection for the Fozzy Bear and Miss Piggy yes, well that was good. I don't know, I thought that was clever. Yeah, the obviously political ones, but yeah, it is just fascinating how this is NonStop, and just how it has proliferated so much across the internet.
Speaker 2: Social media is just full of this stuff.
Speaker 4: And again, as you mentioned Savannah Bananas and even Major League Baseball teams trying to ounce on this moment. I think it's just a summer distraction, right. Oh, it's a story. It's an awkward story that a lot of us can relate to. That's easy to relate to. Just and the whole idea of a couple allegedly having an affair and being essentially caught on the kiss cam at the Coldplay show outside Boston is all rather remarkable.
Speaker 2: But you know, it does raise a lot of that.
Speaker 4: And then of course for it to involve the CEO and the head of HR like HR, which puts out all these memos using all that language that they use to dissuade.
Speaker 2: You can't make this kind. I mean, in fact, you would think it.
Speaker 1: You think it was made up because to see that her position was one of human resources and then for her to be the one, I mean, it's just it's I guess everything involved here is how that's why this thing went viral like it did. It's got all the elements.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then what she's like, chief people officer, not even HR.
Speaker 1: She's right, connecting with employees of all levels.
Speaker 2: Rory. She certainly showed up. She certainly did.
Speaker 4: I mean they are essentially a case study that HR and what you're not supposed to be doing. And then also what about everyone else who was in the box with them? Right, Apparently they all knew that this affair was going on, Like that's something else that is you know, wait, so we're all good with letting the spouses of these two people sort of stay in the dark. But yeah, it's a it just it could not be a better summer time distraction. I guess now that Love Island is over here, we got this instead.
Speaker 2: Good stuff.
Speaker 1: Rian HILLVBC News is our guest joining us here our news ready right forty whas so the release of grand jury files associated with the Jeffrey Epstein case, That, of course, is what a lot of people have been asking, they've been begging for some transparency in regards to this entire situation, and of course a lot of folks think thinks there's a cover up a conspiracy here. What do we know as far as just heading in the direction of where Americans feel as if there's the wanted transparency that they seek.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, President Trump asked the Justice Department to take action to unseal the grand jury testimony. That may not satisfy a lot of people, because that's not everything.
Speaker 2: And I think that's a big part of it.
Speaker 4: You know, this may be just limited in scope, and a lot of people may say, oh, you know, it's another nothing burger, right, And so we'll see if the court agrees to release some of this data, of course, redacting the names of the underage victims and things like that. But it's I don't think this controversy is certainly going away. And you know, this weekend marked six months of the Trump two point zero administration. He's been trying to change the focus on everything from you know, getting coke made with cane sugar to kicking making Rosy o'donnelld not a citizen anymore.
Speaker 2: I forgot the one.
Speaker 4: That get oh, renaming the rents and or bringing back the name of the Washington of the Command is switching the name of the commanders and the Cleveland Indians, So anything to change the topic so far from this administration.
Speaker 1: Well, I think, you know, maybe there is some thought that eventually, if you just you know, let it die down, there won't be as much noise. But I think this, I think what they're probably going to release is going to end up being underwhelming to a lot of people, and it's just going to keep this thing going.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, they're all in the same vein, right, the cold Play story in this one. They're cheap, sexy whatever, And you know, easy to understand because if we were to sit back and talk about healthcare reimbursements and how Medicaid cuts are going to impact rural hospitals, everyone knows the eyes glaze over and you get you know, gen z stare. But whereas you're talking about sex cases. Yeah, we're going to pay attention.
Speaker 1: Rory, you are the best. Thank you as always for your time. Enjoyed the rest of you day. We'll talk soon, my friend.
Speaker 2: Thanks Nick.
Speaker 1: All right, that's Rory and aal NBC News. Let's get a quick check of traffic for Bobby Ellis. He'll tell us how the road race. You're looking here on a Monday. We'll also get you caught up on the forecast, and then we've got another Sports of Day with the one and only Scott Fitzgerald right here on News Radio eight forty whas