Speaker 1: News gets me ready for the day and all day in faults and check in throughout the day. Fifty five k r S The Talk Station five O five A, fifty five k r C The Talk Station.
Speaker 2: Happy Wednesday, will.
Speaker 3: A vacation?
Speaker 4: You're fired?
Speaker 1: You're fired? Yeah, that's happening all across the UH the administration. Well we can get to that in a minute. Here, that's sure quite where I want to start this morning, staring at my stack of documents, like, okay, I can start here. I can start here, and I don't. Now you can feel free to steer the discussion. I love hearing from folks, So call me five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five, eight hundred eighty two three Talk Pound five fifty on AT and T phones. Brent Thomas welcoming over to the fifty five Caursey Morning Show. Thank you Joe Strecker for the lineup, which begins with guests anyway, It's seven oh five, Jack Atherton, It's time for the Big Picture. Every Wednesday, seven oh five. Today the new Jimmy Doolittle Trump's Raiders. We get to enjoy the commentary and thoughtful inside of Jack either than an at seven five followed by Frank Abrams. Frank an author of the book The Cock Fight Teacher Falsely Accused at the center of defense Attorney's new book, The Cockfight. Federal and state criminal defense attorney Frank Abrams joins the program at seven point forty, unveiling the devastating consequences of being falsely accused and convicted of a crime. Frightening stuff. That's why I don't believe in the death penalty anyhow, draw your own conclusions on that one anyway, Frank at seven forty in studio Brian Patrick Frank running against aftab Parvoll for mayor, and we get the benefit of having frankin studio to talk about his run and an And I know we have an ever changing political landscape, and I'm not quite sure that Cincinnati is capable of well turning the corner and righting the ship. But Brian Frank running against aftab Provoll an uphill challenge, most of course it is. So can a Republican win in the city of Cincinnati. That's an outloud question I have to ask. You can feel free to call me two three talk. Is it possible? I honestly, I don't know that it is and Judgentenapaultan a Republic of Spy. He'll be on at eight thirty as he always is on Wednesdays at eight thirty. Looking forward to having the judge on the program. Anytime you can't listen to a live podcast at five care see dot com Great interviewing a conversation with doctor I G. Gubi on cervical cancer. If you're interested in cervical cancer, it is Cervical Cancer Awareness Month. Had some great advice and some you know, uplifting information, which is typically the case. You know, you just stay on top of it. You got unusual things going on in your body. You know your body as well as anybody, or better than anybody, according to doctor Gooby, listen, go to the doctor. Yeah, exactly. That's how I found out I had cancer, an unrelated medical problem I had had nothing to do at all with the lymphoma that I was ultimately diagnosed with, but that doctor visit ended up revealing that I had cancer. And if I had not gone to the doctor, I wouldn't know. And I'm struggling with my cancer issues with undiagnosed cancer. So you know, stay in touch with your primary care physician. If you got anything weird going on in your body basically boiled down doctor Gooobi's comments. Listen to him Hit five care sea dot com Daniel Davis deep dive. Ukraine struggling mightily against Russia, and it is an uphill struggle. And I think Daniel Davis and I agree on the idea that there's no way Russia can or that Ukraine that can defend itself.
Speaker 5: And is this.
Speaker 1: Is this a pointless gesture trying to defend the Ukrainians. He talked about the numbers of soldiers Ukrainian soldiers. They can't even keep the numbers stable. That's a declining military presence against an unseemingly unstoppable Russian force. They outnumber the Ukrainians, they have more money and more supplies, and they can't find enough soldiers to fight the war. Talked about massive groups of soldiers basically deserting, walking away from their mission. So sobering information from Daniel Davis. We might often get that, but I enjoy the conversation. Check it out A fifty five cares dot com plus the Inside Scoop with bright Bart News Bradley Jay on Trump's first week and a few days in office. Right there on the blog page. Let us see here starting off the morning show with your fired thank you Joe. Trump administration now offering buyouts in an effort to whittle down the government. Trump offering buyouts for nearly all federal employees, including those who work remotely. Get them back in the office or buy them out. White House Press Secretary Carolyn Levitt did you see her yesterday? I rather impressive. I think she's twenty seven years old. You got more information out of her and forty five minutes yesterday than you did in all of the time Cream Gene I spoke to the general public. Anyway. I was impressed by Carolyn Lovitt. I slight, I have to admit, though slightly embarrassed, because you know, I'm fifty nine, and it's a strange adjustment as you get older to have to deal with the reality that you know, young people do take over. They fill roles that you have an expectation it's going to be some older person, some with a little maybe gray hair in their head. But no, she's just but she was whipped smart. So I'll struggle with that on my own and we'll just see what how she does as the week's unfold, though, but I was quite impressed by her yesterday during the press conference, and what a packed room, and what an interesting and I will note refreshing changes. She took questions from the the not the mainstream media. A lot of alternative media in the room, which of course the Biden administration had banned anyway, Carol Lovett, White House Press Secretary, After four years of incompetence and failure, President Trump is committed to making our government officient and productive again. American taxpayers pay for salaries of federal government employees, and therefore deserve employees working on their behalf who actually show up to work in our wonderful federal buildings, also paid for by taxpayers. If they don't want to work in the office and contribute to making America great again, then they're free to choose a different line of work, and the Trump administration will provide a very generous payout of eight months eight months. Yesterday, a government wide email was sent out to ensure all federal workers were on board with administration's plan, pointing out four pillars of Trump that he set forth to bring accountability back to the federal government, including a return to in person work. In addition, restore accountability for employees who have policymaking authority, restored accountability for see your executives in a reform federal hiring process based on oh, there's that M word, we are substituting equity for merit amen. According to senior administration official, the government wide email being sent today is to make sure that all federal workers are on board with the new administration's plans to have federal employees in office and adhering to our higher standards. We're five years past COVID and just this, get a load of this, and just six percent of federal employees work full time in office. Six percent. I'll leave it for you to decide. And you may be working at home. And I have a wife who works at home. It's been that way since COVID. She loves it. Spends a lot of time on video conferences during the day, which she would have been doing if she was in the office, works on contracts, handles legal issues, and performs and does her work to the satisfaction of her employer. She's actually working. I'll let you decide if you think these ninety four percent of the employees who are not working full time in office government employees. I'll let you decide if they're actually doing work while they're at home. Email not. The majority of federal employees who have worked remotely since COVID will be required to return to the physical offices five days a week. According to the email, going forward, we also expect our physical offices to undergo meaningful consolidation and divestitures, potentially resulting in physical office relocations for a number of federal employees. Well good, Why because most of these buildings, if you had every federal employee working and then, would still only be like ten percent filled. The rest wasted space. We have countless hundreds of thousands of square feet of office that you and I work and pay for with our tax dollars that is not utilized and wouldn't be utilized even if they all went back to work. Why why do we pay for so much empty space?
Speaker 6: Why?
Speaker 1: Oh why, Let's hope DOEGE does a great job of going after that needless, stupid expenditure of taxpayer dollars. Apparently, for those who do not want to continue their role with the federal government workforce, the Trump administration thanking for their service informing them they will be provided with in their words, or, in Trump's words, a dignified, fair departure from the federal government utilizing a deferred resignation program. That program starts January twenty eighth, which I guess yesterday, available until February sixth, and if a federal employee chooses to resign under the program, they will retain all pay and benefits, regardless of workload, and will be exempt from their in person work requirements until September thirtieth of this year. Certain restrictions applied buyout to do not apply to military personnel in the Armed Forces, US Postal Service, positions related immigration, enforcement of national security, any other positions specifically as good by the agency the federal workers are employed by. According to a senior Administration official, they said, we expect five to ten percent of the federal employees to quit, leading to one hundred billion dollars in annual savings for the federal taxpayer. See how do you cut the size and scope of government? Tell people that they have to work, and offer them a buyout?
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 1: You know, it's kind of funny when you really analyze it along those lines, isn't it. Anyway? We'll see if it bears fruit in the form of resignations. And you know, honestly, if the buyout avoids litigation, that's cool. I don't know if someone can litigate themselves back into a job. No employment lawyer, am I or was I? Ever, however, most of these government jobs are kind of viewed as you know, almost like tenured professor positions in colleges. But if you accept the buyout, you sign on the dotted line, you agree to certain measure of compensation eight months salary in return for waving. I suppose any actions you might have in terms of how you will and how could you seriously the backing away from that, you must show up at the office. You choose not to show up at the office. There's your buyout package. I mean, it's an obligation of employment. You got to be at work. How about that for a cold water those reality in the face of these government employees. Anyway, it's five o'clock. It's early. I'm still trying to wake up. Your help is requested. Five three seven fifty eight two three talk found five fifty on at and t fons it's five eighteen of it right back after these words, Uh, time for the Channel nine first warning weather forecast today mostly sunny skies, dry, mild high a forty five overnight dropping to twenty six with clear skies, cloudy, let's see here, clouds build during the day. Tomorrow, rain showing up around four pm high a forty eight overnight low of thirty nine. Expect widespread rain and heavy rains of time. A heavy rain of time, says Channel nine. And on Friday, sporadic rain, cold front coming through in the afternoon. We'll have highs in the upper fifties. I expect it. Then we'll drop let's see here. But my disappearing temperature right now forty two degrees at the five K see the talk station five twenty two fifty five kr SEV Talkstations. And a very happy Wednesday to your listener lunch. Next Wednesday's gonna be a little Miami Brewery and downtown Milford. I hope you can join me. That's a fun time. We've been there quite a few times over the years, and of course listener lunch just an awesome opportunity to meet fellow listeners. It's a real welcoming group. I got to point out if you just like I've had people just show up by themselves. Hey Brian, how you doing to shake hands? Say hi, talk a little bit, and you know, do you have anybody you're meeting here today? No, just find a table and sit down. Lots of friends made at fifty five car see listener lunch And it really just puts a smile on my face, is when I see the groups that regularly gather together, because those are friends that have been made over the years. They got a regular table. It's the same group that sits the gu and you know, it's just kind of a neat thing. I gotta be honest with you, because I've always be listened to lunch as nothing has nothing to do with me, But it's always been about this fellowship that we experience, just the idea of getting out of whatever normal, regular routine you're engaged in. Going back to my time in house counsel with Anthem, you know our cube Land Legal department, you know, grab a sandwich over in the restaurant and walk back to your table with the little basket and eat lunch while you do work. And once in a while, every once in a while we just get up and say, you know what, let's go out to lunch. Let's get out of the office and get a change of environment, and it really is kind of uplifting. So that's the point of listening to lunch, change of pace and meeting new people. So feel free to show up next Wednesday. Let us see here.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 1: Christopher Smithman texts me about this New York magazine New York Magazine which cropped out black people a Youth Advisory Council event, the Black Coachair, the GOP Youth Advisory Council calling it objectionable the Black Coachair quote. I hosted this event. A New York mag intentionally left me out of their story because it would have undermined their narratives that MAGA is some racist cult. Yeah, it's an interesting photograph. If you look at the New York magazine post that, you just see an image of Trump with just a bunch of white people in the room. But they cropped the photo. Had they not cropped the photo, if you expanded out a little bit, you would see that that group of white people surrounded by a multi ethnic group of folks and a black man hosted the event. Rob Smith, described as a decorator, IRAQ veteran also black, tweeted, I was at this party, as were many all in caps other conservative media influences who are black, Latino, Asian, et cetera. Said New York mag use White's only photo to push the median narrative that diverse Republicans don't exist and weren't welcome. You don't hate the media enough, he concluded, You're being manipulated, folks. Welcome to the party. Everyone is invited. Let's enjoy unleashing ourselves from the burdens of well a large and invasive federal government. Five twenty five Ify five care see the talk station. Thank you Christopher Smithman for the tweet this morning letting me know that you too are concerned about the reporting on that matter. I'll be right back after these brief words with age. A lot of people have focused on mine. Happy Wednesday. You can call five seven, five hundred, eight hundred and eight to two three talk Okay, local stories, then Fox nineteen reporting Ali Henard. Thank you for the reporting. Ali. Apparently hundreds of residents and business owners outline their concerns. It was a virtual meeting with the city Planning Department about the proposed redevelopment of Hyde Park Square. Plan includes tearing down and rebuilding a large portion of Erie Avenue into hotel apartments, commercial space, and an underground parking garage. UH. Speaking with Fox nineteen, Doug Barnalco Bernacalo close Enough described as a longtime high Part resident in a small area High Park that has a school. We have traffic concerns, we have safety concerns. We've many concerns about this cherished Hyde Park Square where we live and basically all of Cincinnati enjoys. He said. The problem is not the revitalization but the scale. Residents also expressing similar concerns, He said, we had to have some underutilized property in High Park Square. I'm pro development, but at this size, it's just inappropriate for the space.
Speaker 2: Hmm.
Speaker 1: What's going on? Proposed height eighty five point five feet, which requires a zoning change from the City of Cincinnati. Hyde Park Neighborhood Council released the new motion in the city outlining its position support of the High Park Neighborhood position is expanding, according to Barnoccolo, so we're getting a lot of other community councils that are not only watching, but participating in saying we don't want this to happen. It could happen in our community, and we don't want this to ruin our quaint community squares. Isn't this this revitalization thing that the city passed. It allows denser housing to be built, Uh, not in my backyard. Since any leaders talked about snow removal efforts coming off the winter storm that left streets well unshoveled, Since our officials were apparently recognizing flaws in how they respond to the snow events, yesterday discussed ways to correct the problems to better addressed future snow events. Since AY council member Seth Walash quote, we can talk about all these changes, but it sounds like the very basic system that broke down is that we don't even have a system in place to make sure that every street is plowed. Presentation was presented by the Department of Public Services and Officer Performance Data and Analytics. Since our council member Anna i'lbi quote really speaking to our residents to say, we know we need to do better, we will do better, we are committed to making the investments to do better. Actions are louder than words, apparently, the presentation include a ways the city prepares for snow events, how crews navigate clearing roads, street priorities, equipment used during the snow event. Both departments acknowledge improvements to the current snow removal plan need to be made with fleet inventory and improved technology at the forefront. Let's see if they'll allocate scarce taxpayer dollar resources to this problem. Eric Jamison with the Office of Performance Data and Analytics said DPS is tracking and is tracking progress in a paper based manner. Dps IS snowplow drivers are given root books that include a map and list of streets they need to cover. Council Member Walsh quote, is every street covered in a route? I think from a technology standpoint, that's what we want to make sure. So that's the goal, and the fact that we don't know that answer to be sure right now is what we're going to work on. So I guess they get paper folding maps. I think that you know, given the current state of affairs and modern technology, that it would be a foregone conclusion that they might have a GPS sort of based system to send them out on the proper snow clearing path. I don't know, and I guess greater since a educators a little bit concerned about the well deportation of illegal immigrants. Trump administration, of course, repealed protections for schools, saying ice can, Ice can go and raid schools. This in spite of my nineteen eighty two Supreme Court ruling that says all children have the right to a public education, including migrant students in the Tri State area. Brady Williams Fox nineteen reporting, since our public school teachers were before the Board of Education meeting on Monday night asking how they need to serve the students if ICE agents show up asking for them to the current model, I don't believe that's actually going to happen. I don't think ICE is prioritizing, you know, k through twelve students. However, since a Pool's public Schools sent the statement saying since that public schools has committed to supporting its immigrant and refugee families as federal law requires, CPS and rules and serves all students in families regardless of immigration status. CPS does not request or maintain records related to students immigration status. CPS does not permit law enforcement activities, including immigration enforcement, on school property or during school hours without proper legal authorization. Student records are protected by law and will not be disclosed without a court order or subpoena. Searches and seizures on school property require law. It lawfully issued warrant. CPS encourages families to update their emergency contact information and sharing multiple contacts are listed for each student. Honestly, no problem with that. I think appropriate legal procedures should be followed, like, for example, spying on Americans under FIZIS Section seven to two, I believe is in violation of the Fourth Amendment right to be free of unreasonable searches and seizures. So due process, rule of law critically important. But if they got the warrant and they follow the proper legal procedures, then I suppose if they choose to, they can enter the schools and deport illegal immigrant children. Don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen. The Trump administration is painfully aware of optics. Say what joe Ilia Gonzales, Oh, my god, taking me way back, Janet Rena, my god, dusting off old memories on that one appreciate that Jets Tracker five point thirty six and fifty five garre see thought they said Steck is stupid coming up thil Kola this is what's saying as so far as weather's concerned. Channa nine says mostly sunny day to day with a high forty five down to twenty six overnight, clear sky clouds will build during the day. Tomorrow, rain showing up after four pm with a high forty eight, widespread rain overnight, and they say heavy rain at times overnight low thirty nine with a high in the upper fifties on Friday. I guess don't cling to that because the cold front is going to show up in the afternoon, so we'll have sporadic rain after five a m. On Friday, Grand temperature forty one. Here pick five k's detalk station time for first traffic from the UCL Traffic Center. Expect more. How do you see help?
Speaker 7: More clinical trials, more treatment options for personalized care, and more chances to get you back to being you visit ucehelp dot com. Highway traffic and pretty good shape this morning. I'm not seeing any major problems to deal with. However, Mitchell Dixie Highway is smocked off between seventy five and Beechwood due to an accident chack ingram on fifty five krs.
Speaker 1: The talk station by forty one five KRC the talk station. Happy Wednesday. As I mentioned a few minutes ago, listener to lunch next Wednesday at Little Miami Brewery in Milford, and hopefully I'll see cribbage Mike there, curbage Mike, my submarine or friend. Good to head you back on the program.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Brian, and yes, me and my lovely bride will be in downtown Milford. So looking forward to the fellowship and of course our little game of cards.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I just I thoroughly enjoy our cribbage game on listener lunch Wednesdays. My friend, it's just a real pleasure.
Speaker 8: Well, I found you very apropos to slightly delay your stack of stupid reports to comment upon what took place there on Plump Street yesterday at the city council meeting.
Speaker 6: Before my tie ride.
Speaker 8: I would like to give out props to a councilwoman, Albee, who about a week and a half ago, during the single digits that we all experienced, she actually drives an electric vehicle her self and lives in Madisonville, and on the record, she basically said when she left her home her five mile trip to city Hall, she had over one hundred mile range on her indicator never been in an EV but and so drove her five miles. At the end of the day in single digit temperature. She got in her car and magically only had now had a thirty mile range before she went home. So there was actually discussion on the table about the city acquiring more EV trucks, even possibly even plows. She basically said, I think we should really put this on hold because a we don't have the infrastructure ie charging stations right. So at least something good came out of the latest winter, which is just normal winter. We did have a slightly little bit more of snow debacle. But the three gentlemen, and once again you talk about government efficiency. The three gentlemen that were at the table yesterday, one in charge of roads, one in charge assault, and the other one in charge of God only knows what we heard. This typical government speak, working collaborative, working comprehensive plans together, working the synergy. But basically the council people did not get their answers. But I thought the classic was the city manager who actually, in my put herself on report said that she was right in the middle of reviewing our snow removal plan when we were inundated with this ten in snowfall. Excuse me, young lady. I'm then my first day as a city manager, but my next day will be my first day, however common if I'm reviewing our snow removal policy, Yeah, might want to do that in August, in September, yes, the middle of January.
Speaker 1: Get a little ahead of it. I'm surprising she was so candid on a record to point out you.
Speaker 8: Running from mayor, and I agree, will have an uphill battle. But you look at the last two catastrophes that the City of Cincinnati's has fallen on their face, and neither one that they had the original genesis of the bridge fire and of course the snowfall. We once again, where has the mayor been? You don't hear either out of town. But this is the time when anybody with any leadership skills, you get together with Covington and Newport, let's reroute the traffic, you get he should have been at that meeting yesterday holding those three knuckleheads accountable, at least just for the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be refreshed.
Speaker 8: You know it's going to be an uphill battle, but those would make some pretty good ads.
Speaker 1: Well, referring to Brian Patrick Frank who's going to be institute at eight oh five. He is running against atab Pervoll. I'm looking forward to that conversation Curbage, Mike. I really am also looking forward to our game next Wednesday at Little Miami Brewery. So hanging there, brother, It's always great hearing from you, and thank you again as always for your service to our country in the submarine. I just can't imagine that it's five forty five. If you five K site talk stations like Bobby's on the phone will take his call. Your calls are always welcome, or alternatively, a stack is stupid. Coming up after this word for Colon Electric Andrew Collin and is amazing team of licensed electricians. Of course they're licensed. They can do all residential electric projects, as I always point out, from the biggest to the smallest. I've watched them in action many times over the years. I always call Colin Electric for electric work, and most recently the bathroom remodeling project electric work. They did an outstanding job for that. On the heels of the outstanding job wiring my home up for the whole house generator and can lights and other projects accent lighting too. They've done that in my home. I truly, truly love the modern LED can lights and they come in multiple different sizes, different temperature ranges, like in terms of what the light looks like from the incandescent glow. You can get an incandescent warmth from LED lights these days, and plus energy efficient and they're really low profile. You don't have to have the uh, the big empty four or five inches space for traditional can lights. It's an option for you. That's all on point out. They can do all kinds of different LED projects. Maybe you want to do your your your your man cave or she shack up with some accent lighting. Trust the folks at Colin Electric. They have an A plus with the Better Business Bureau and for every project they do for you, you'll get a ten year wiring warranty. Trust my friends Colin Electric, the folks with the right connections. Tell Andrew call on the team. Brian said, Hi, when you call, here's the number five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two Online It's Cullen c U L L E N Cullenelectric Cincinnati dot.
Speaker 3: Com fifty five krc dot Com, Yellowstone Fans, your Chi.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRSD talk station. I do a stack as stupid. We'll get to it, but I prefer phone calls. And since Bobby's on the line, we'll take Bobby's call. Bobby, welcome back to the fifty five Cars Morning Show.
Speaker 9: Happy hump day, my brother. And keep holding that flag of freedom high and right up in the sky. My friend trying to do it. Hey, what type of do you use milk or juice to swallow that hide Park karma pill? What's the best way?
Speaker 1: Karma pill?
Speaker 9: Well, they've got all these they've got all these left wing Marxist democrats that lived with them that within the area of Hyde Park they screen diversity for years. Why don't they let some of those poor people from Cincinnati that are one hundred and thirty percent below the poverty range move right in? These uppercruss people don't like that low hanging fruit.
Speaker 6: I don't think.
Speaker 1: No, you're right, not in my backyard, say the folks in Hypark, apparently to the higher density, higher elevation multi family homes that they're planning on building. Yeah, it is. I think you're dead on right on that one. Bobby, not in my backyard.
Speaker 9: That couldn't happen. Couldn't happen to a better bunch of people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, elections have consequences, don't they, Bobby? Thank you for tell you what.
Speaker 9: Whoever's running against the mayor of I like to go ahead and make a contribution to his campaign. I don't care who it is.
Speaker 1: Brian Patrick Frank who will be in studio at eight oh five to talk about running against aftab Pervall aka Duckman, So stay tuned for that one coming up. Appreciate the comedy, Bobby, I really truly do, which will make me a nice segue into the stack of a stupid rapper. You know I don't follow rap music. I will be honest with you if I'm a fan of multiple genres of music and I just never it's just named my thing. But that's okay. Oh like some some rap. But I've never heard of rapper Dank Demas, although you would notice her if you saw her in the room. She's four hundred and eighty nine pounds and she's angry. Shared a video show a verbal exchange with an uber or a lift driver, and she said, uh am I wrong at Lyft What y'all got to say about this, y'all driver discriminated against me. I just feel like y'all treat big people like s word, like we don't belong here. She fought a lawsuit citing discrimination, claiming that she suffered from emotional distress and humiliation after being denied entry into the driver's car. According to the wrapper, driver pulled up in a Mercedes ben sedan then proceeded to lock the doors and attempt to drive herway after he saw her four hundred and eighty nine pound frame. Driver can be heard in the video telling Demas that his tires wouldn't be able to handle the weight. For her part, she can be heard saying in the video, I can fit in this car. The driver responded, believe me, you can't. As the video went on to Mosco and you heard asking what do I have to do with your tires. Rappers, speaking with local Fox two News, said she felt she would have been able to accept the ride. I've been in cars smaller than that. I just want them to know that it hurt my feeling. She said. She's taking action against Lyft to, in her words, change the world. If I stand for something, I'll fall for anything, fighting for my community, my people, and making change in the world, not just for me, but for everyone.
Speaker 6: Okay, keep your stupid mouth shut.
Speaker 1: And from the idiots doing idiot things because their idiot's file. Man in Kentucky is now dead after being hit by a car while he was hanging out of the window. Happened for seven pm se January twenty third, Please said the man, identified his thirty four year old Michael Orchard, hanging on the outside of a car when the driver, underscore the word intentionally swerved into another vehicle with friends like these. When officers respintedly found the man dead, The driver fled the scene, but was detained shortly thereafter. Homicide Union handling the investigation with the assistance of the traffic Unit, Police said the driver of the vehicle. Police said the driver of the vehicle that the victim was not responsible for his death. Don't hang out the window of a car, idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots, and don't use your three month old baby to wipe off snow, or you will be subject to online ridicule. Texas man apparently could be but is not currently facing criminal charges after being seen on a viral TikTok video using a three month old baby to wipe snow off his car inches of snow. It's got a Hyundai Lantra. The baby was bundled up jacket facing up, while the man was in short sleeved shirt and pants, According to the footage shared on Facebook. Port Arthur Police Chief Jim Drissio told local news and investigators were interviewed the man, who's twenty five, not identified because he's not yet charged. We confirmed that it was a three month old baby, the chief said. Please were initially alerted the video. Accord to the chief, he had two other females with him at the time. We suspect one of them was the mom. They checked on the baby. The baby was fine. As the video reveals, the three month old was placed on the windshield and pushed across the car to clear the snow off. Why maybe, maybe for the purposes of creating a viral video on the internet. Perhaps five fifty six fifty five K city talk station. I wanted to talk about the six o'clock hour. I'd prefer talking to you, so feel free to call, but regardless, I'll be right back.
Speaker 8: Your voice refreshing your country for reasonable American fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: This is Jenny Garth from I Do Part two. Did you know it's coming up on six to six to fifty five car ce D talk Station. Happy Wednesday, listener, lunch Next Wednesday, Little Miami Brewing Company down and Milford kind of look forward. I am looking forward to that, and I heard from Cribbage Mike in the last hour he will be there. We will play cribbage and yes I will probably lose, but you're invited and enjoy the fellowship. Next Wednesday, Little Miami Brewing Company. Anyhow, five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three taco with pound five fifty on an AT and T phone. I feel like I'm firing on four of eight, as I sometimes a suggest in the morning, still waking up, So your help is quite welcome here in the fifty five KRC Morning Show before I get to tell the stories coming up one hour from now, The Big Picture with Jack add and taking away off my shoulders, the new Jimmy Doolittle. Trump's raiders love talking with Jack Addan's brilliant man, so I enjoy his commentary and it's welcome here in the fifty five Caresony Morning Show. Frank Abrams, It's got a book called The cock Fright. It's about the devastating consequences of being falsely accused and convicted of a crime. William Bradford, an educator named Teacher of the Year, arrested in charge for an attempted rape of a fourteen year old student during class trip to Washington, married two kids. It's described as spending time in a hellhole of a jail in South Georgia, eventually well taking up residents under a bridge, all because of a lie. Fictional account, though, but it's a fictional account of the law and its application. Some elements quite authentic. So Frank Abram's on that at seven point forty in studio, can a Republican beat aftab per of all, It's a good question. I've pretty much written off the city of Cincinnati, but who knows, given how dysfunctional it seems to be, maybe Brian Patrick Frank can score a victory for the city of Cincinnati. He is running against aftab Provoll for mayor. He will be in studio in studio eight oh five and followed by of course, it is Wednesday. Judge Andrew Napolitano caption of the column A Republic of Spies. So that'll be at eight thirty. Everyone say, as we typically do with Judge Ednapolitano, uh in little phone calls. Moving over to California and the well, the economic reality of real Estate's a couple of interesting stories about real estate there. First off, the laws of supply and demand. As one might imagine and considering, you know, prices were already outrageously high in Los Angeles. Look at that Pacific Palisades neighborhood. The average house there is like three and a half million dollars. Is that affordable? Well, the laws of supply man caused housing prices to jump to the average of three and a half million dollars in that one particular neighborhood. A finite amount of space, a finite amount of homes, and seemingly an infinite number of people standing around the corner willing to pay that kind of money for a home. Welcome to reality. Well, when the whole neighborhood burns down, what happens lesser supply and consistent demand, Most notably for the folks who have been displaced because their house is burned down, prices go up. Really shocking, Joe, do you know anything about real estate? One of my dad's favorite jokes is this a lot? Figure it out on your own time. Laura Adams with a group called Acable Agent to the Los Angeles retail market experiencing a surgeon demand for those who lost their homes or can't return to them after getting severe damage from recent wildfires. Right, apparently, there's an estimated ten thousand homes that were destroyed, forty thousand residents displaced by the homes being burned down, calling the real estate agents called a perfect storm. Increase in demand and loss of available homes will cause a spike and housing prices to rent or buy in the foreseeable future. Stating, of course the obvious, Adam said, well, so they will see an increase in demand and prices such as rents climbing hundreds or thousands of dollars a month, depending on location, size and amenities. Now, some areas of Los Angeles have rent control that limits how much the landlord can increase the rent when in existing lease. Ends Court to Los Angeles kind of Department of Consumer and Business affairs. The price of goods and services including rental housing, hotels, and emergency applies, cannot be hiked more than ten percent during an emergency, and they encourage consumers to report price gouging to the California Attorney General, which has been done. Real estate agent Adams said Los Angeles was already in a housing shortage before the wildfires, and of course no emergency, no emergency declaration based upon the lack of available housing, so the price is naturally increased according to the loss of supplies of demand. Right said, So the disaster will cause an extreme shortage of homes to rent or buy, clearly, and she notes that folks are going to actually have to weigh the financial feasibility of rebuilding against the appeal of relocating to more manageable living situations such as low maintenance condominiums, thinking of Hyde Park, and their NIMBI actions against the new proposed denser housing project that's coming to maybe or maybe not Hyde Park. And this makes no sense to me, but based on the emergency that declaration, with that ten percent cap in rent hikes, California state officials announced that yet another this is the second one, I guess a realtor has been charged with allegedly price gouging victims of the wildfires. Prosecutors say the realtor offered a family a rental home in a neighborhood called Glendale, the rent more than fifty percent higher than the pre fire rental price, right, Gavin Newsom, Of course this refers back to this ten percent hike, and those restrictions apparently applied to existing tenants and answering my question, new leases during the emergency period. So I was of the mind that if you had an existing contract, of course they can't come in and hike that. But if you were a new potential lessor of an apartment or a home there it's been offered on the market. Of course, people standing around the corner waiting line to maybe make a bid on the unleasing the new space. That it wouldn't apply to that, But apparently it does apply to that, which begs a question or demands asking the question, all right, you've capped rental prices at ten percent at least in terms of the increase, all right, Noting that prior to the fire, there was already a shortage of real estate there, which is what caused the prices to go through the roof generally speaking, you now have apparently forty thousand displaced people who are looking to rent a space. Gavin Newsom, in his Infinite Wisdom says, you can't increase the rental price more than ten percent of what it was before the fire. Okay, And they're suing this real estate agent because the price was fifty percent greater, and fine. I understand the logic sort of of going after them because the law says you can't hike it more than ten percent. I don't know why you say to the realtor rather than the person who's seeking to lease the space, but whatever, answer me this question. If you can, how do you decide who gets the space? People are willing to pay fifty percent more for rent? The governor says you can't charge more than ten percent increase, So the space is available. And if you believe the cap is a lawful one, how do you deal with the countless people standing around the block wanting to put an offer in on that lease for the space? I can see sort of a sub lawsuit like discrimination. They picked that person over me because what the color of my skin, my religion, race, ethnicity, whatever it happens to be. So what is it going to be a lot, or you're going to pull a name out of a hat. Well, we got nine hundred people that are willing to buy this, to least this particular space, because we've capped the rent at ten percent increase. Anyway, I think this boils down to what is scientifically referred to as a Charlie foxtrot. Anyway, the Attorney's office said, in order to protect Californiaans affected by the Southern California Wildfire's, Department of Justice actively investigating and prosecuting price gouging. Apparently, the Department of Justice has sent out more than six hundred and fifty warning letters, with more coming to hotels landlords who have been accused of price gouging. DOJ's office set any violators of price gouging statute are subject to criminal prosecution that can result in a maximum penalty of one year imprisonment in county jail and or a fine of up to ten thousand dollars. This kind of violation of price gouging also subject to civil enforcement actions, including civil penalty these up to twenty five hundred dollars per violation, injunctive relief, and mandatory restitution. It was only last week that apparently a real estate agent got charged for similar alleged price gouging when a couple applied to rent a home, but after the application was received, they were told the price it increased by thirty eight percent. I step away from this and will these lawsuits solve the housing shortage problem out there? And apparently the Mayor of Los Angeles has plans for rebuilding and they don't involve the landowners. Six sixteen fifty five krs to the talks that you can get that and minute foreign exchange though, to get your imported traditionally import manufacturers. A lot of so called imports are now manufactured here in the United States, which is okay, but it's foreign exchanges. Where you want to take your car like a Toyota, for example, or any other Asian imported car, maybe a Kia, a Hyundai, or a BMW or a Portie or a land Rover, it's foreign exchange. They have ASC certified master technicians to work on your car. You will get a full warranty for on parts and service. When your car is serviced by the experts at foreign exchange, you'll be very happy with the service there. They'll treat you like family. It's a really welcoming environment. And if you're like me, the kind of guy that wants to talk to the mechanic who works on your car, you can do that. I know that's kind of a difficult challenge at dealers, but dealers also charge a lot more. And that's the point of Foreign Exchaine's existence. Fixing your car for less money substantial savings, and of course these trying times, everybody's looking for a way to save a box. So if your car needs work, take it to Foreign Exchange. You'll be glad by you listen to my advice on that. And I certainly recommend the Westchester location, Tylersville exit off of Ice seventy five east on Tylersville off seventy five, just two streets, hanging right on Kingland Drive. You run right in to it, and that's where you find Austin and these wonderful mechanics who will service your car for less money. Tell them, Brian said, haiming. You call. The number is five one three six four four twenty six twenty six five one three six four four twenty six twenty six. Find them online Foreign X. That's Foreign the letter X dot com. This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station. When the Wild five six twenty one fifty five kir CD Talk Station. A very happy Wednesday to you five one three seven fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two three talk oh Ton five fifty. If you have an AT and T phone, you got something you want to talk about, love to take your call. Welcome back to the morning show. Will it's good to hear from me this morning. Will Wait.
Speaker 10: Well, not because not the way I always like to talk to you, Brian, but it just gets to your point. I really can't be friends with a lot of people, and you're one up.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry to hear that.
Speaker 10: And uh, this is why you know what's going on here. I'm a veteran, disabled partially disabled veteran.
Speaker 1: And thank you for your service, truly matter.
Speaker 10: Why are you telling me thank you when you put a man in there that's trying to take my benefits?
Speaker 1: No, why are you doing that? The Executive Order regarding the hiring freeze of the VA quote Moreover, nothing in this memorandum shall adversely impact the provision of Social Security, Medicare or veterans' benefits.
Speaker 10: No, I don't believe nothing this man is saying, I don't believe nothing.
Speaker 1: He's saying, that's what he's signed.
Speaker 6: Whatever, that's that's right now, that's right now.
Speaker 10: And then you know what about my mother's medical prescriptions and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Did he mess with that?
Speaker 6: Not, to my knowledge, he mess with Yeah, he's after everybody.
Speaker 10: He's after it, and he wants to mess up the schools, and he wants to stop stud loans so Afro Americans can't get an education because he wants us all to go pick the corn for all the Mexicans that you want out of this country.
Speaker 1: That's the plan.
Speaker 10: And then everything my grandmother, grandfather, father, and the fall of civil rights he just got rid of with a stroke of a pin. That's what That's what kind of person y'all like. That's why I'm teaching my children and everybody. We've had our family meeting. We don't want any of y'all kind of people around us at all because of this.
Speaker 6: We know what kind of people.
Speaker 10: And oh, and partner in all those criminals I heard a few and already got killed and back in trouble already, all these so called country club people that went in that building in the Capitol and destroyed it and attack policemen, but they get to go free. So don't tell me about law nomore, Brian, Please don't. When y'all got a felon, let felons out of jail and about to steal all the federal government's money. Him and Musk, we're gonna wake up and everybody's money is gonna be in Donald Trump's pocket, and he's going You're gonna have to bang him for money.
Speaker 1: Well, you make a good argument for them not taking our money in the first place, which I'll agree with all day long. Yes, there is massive corruption in the federal government. That corruption stems from them being able to take as much as they want from us out of our paychecks. They're taking your labor.
Speaker 10: We're gonna start with Trump, though, we're gonna start with him. Y'all need to make him and his people pay their dues like and force the law on them, which I'll not. He just broke the law yesterday signed that order, So we're way past thinking because that's unconstitutional what he did. He can't just put everything in one envelope and just say, oh, I'm stopping him. That's what he wants to do. Now, Whether y'all do it for him or not, which y'all probably will uh will happen. You know, we don't know if it's gonna happen, but that's what he wanted. You're not gonna tell me that he just wanted to mess with certain things. And don't get me wrong, I hear people call me a strong Democrat.
Speaker 8: No I am not.
Speaker 10: I'm a man that knows right from wrong and you people are wrong. And I, like I told somebody, I wouldn't care if you put Chris Christie up there. I would have probably voted for him anything other than the two candidates I had. But that see, is how y'all want with the criminal You know, we got all this criminal activity now everywhere. Oh and I didn't. I don't think I didn't hear about him having dinner with the oath keepers. I don't think I didn't hear that our president having dinner with the oath keepers, because he did. So you know that that's out there too, And we heard what the oath keeper said that head do when he got out of there. We're keeping out all of this stuff he's doing.
Speaker 1: I believe you will. I hear the passion in your voice and it sounds me you're a little disappointed in who the Democrats chose to run against Donald Trump. Oh yeah, I was.
Speaker 10: I was disappointed when they wished to her.
Speaker 6: I said we was losing.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I said that because he wasn't the right complexion for one, and it was a female.
Speaker 1: I knew that.
Speaker 10: But that guy in California that pumped your boy out last week when he talked smack about him, he said, say it till my face and tried to sneak in his state and he met him at the airport. I ain't heard one bad word he said about that man. So that man would have slammed him all over that tarmac. So that's y'all score, Oh man punk. So you know, because we all know what he is, y'all just praise it like he's something great God.
Speaker 6: Oh and y'all.
Speaker 1: Not a worship not a guy I heard.
Speaker 10: I heard people calling it talk about God send him.
Speaker 6: He's got and all.
Speaker 1: You didn't hear that, will You didn't hear that from me?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 10: After that morning when I call very heated after he won, a guy caught in there and said it, Yeah, I think he's a gift from God. Now play your radio tape back.
Speaker 1: Bryan, listen, I don't put words in your mouth. You're speaking your mind right here on my show. I no one can say Brian Thomas said, what will said? People call into my program and say things that I disagree with all the time. My friend, I'm just you know, I'm a vehicle to get get get debate out, and I welcome your calls. Honestly, I truly do.
Speaker 10: I know, and I just to appreciate it so much that I could converse with it republican and maybe, you know, with not a Republican had common.
Speaker 1: Sense, libertarian kid.
Speaker 5: We we could, we could, we could probably fix things. But yo, y'all picked it a dictator. Y'all picked it an animal. He knows, he knows medicine. He knows medicine, he knows money. There's nothing to.
Speaker 10: Toronto Dum don't know except for how to how to pay his taxes and not file for bankruptcy six times.
Speaker 1: So y'all have a y'all have a nice day, Maron, And I.
Speaker 6: Still I'm still listening to your show.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it that I'm an open minded person.
Speaker 10: You are even change, even though everything my people thought of fall for is oh well, now just.
Speaker 6: Do that to him.
Speaker 1: Just do me your favor and don't put other people's words into my mouth. And if you've been listening to me over the years, and I'm glad you're still out there, well, you know that Trump was not the guy I would have picked. I thought he was a lightning rod. He was causing problems because of who he is, evil orange man, the you know, you know that. But that's who the party picked. That's who the Republicans chose to run any one, And that's what we're that you and I together will go and forward and deal with whatever happens down the road. Court cases will be it'll be litigated, and orders will be overturned, and we're just gonna have to keep our pop going out and work with it. The world changes, elections have consequences, and of course I understand your your anger on some level, man, and I'm glad you're still out there, and you're always free to, you know, to offer your opinions here on the fifty five Care Sorning Show. Will I appreciate your call, six twenty eight fifty five K see the talk station. Don't go away. We've got more to talk about. And you can offer your opinions as well. Maybe you feel free to disagree with Will. That is your prerogative. Here on the fifty five KRC Morning Show, QC Kinetics, maybe get rid of your pain. It's a new calendar year, right, so maybe this is the year you stop doing the steroid injections and maybe avoid surgery. You got hip pain, knee pain, back pain. You have them, trouble walking, climbing stairs, getting in and out of chairs, getting up in the morning, his feet hit the floor, and it's like, how about a different path. There's good news QC kinetics groundbreaking treatments for arthritis, pain and long term relief isn't available using your own bodies natural regenerative treatments or regenative properties. QC kinetics is the way to go ortho. Biological biologic rather cellular therapies including PRP treatments can revitalize your joints without going under the knife. These are in office treatments. You do not have any downtime and it uses your body's own natural healing properties to restore those damaged joints, so you won't miss a beat. Why not consult with them? And the initial consultation is free. Find out if this natural properties in your body can help you deal with your arthritis pain so before it's stabilitating. Call to see if you're a candidate for these life changing regenerative treatments. See what tens of thousands of folks across this country have found out. Yes, you can be pain free. QC Kinetics is the number to call. It's five one three eighty four seven zero zero one nine free Initial consultation five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine one more time five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine fifty five KRC the talk station your morning cup of h here's your wether forecast day mostly sunny skies of the high a forty five down to twenty six overnight with clear skies. Clouds build throughout the day. Tomorrow, rain shows up after four PM or the high forty eight, and then overnight a lot of rain widespread, heavy at times thirty nine for the low, and then we get some rain up until around five o'clock to Friday morning. Cold front will roll in in the afternoon. At some point we will see a high in the upper fifties right now thirty nine degrees in time for traffic from the.
Speaker 7: UC Health Traffic Center. Expect more a u see Health, more clenty CoAP trials, more treatment options for personalized care, more chances to get you back to being you. Visit uce health dot com. Highway traffic continue to look pretty good this morning. No major time delays to deal with as of yet, just beginning get heavier southbound two seventy five at the Carrol Cropper Bridge. Dixie Highways open again and for Mitchell at seventy five from an earlier wreck. Chuck Kingbramot fifty five KRS The talk station.
Speaker 1: Six thirty four think a five krcit talk station went a little along with well there, but we got time to get Robert's call in. Jim hang on, you'll be next. Robert, Welcome to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Pleasure to have you on this morning. Hell Brian, thank you.
Speaker 6: I'm just going to be a real brief. I just wanted to.
Speaker 11: Make an observation that the previous caller was going on and on about executive orders, and then you pointed out almost immediately that you didn't even read the executive order, like no one's individual benefits are going to be taken away, and he was talking about how Donald Trump was going to just line his pocket as being in government.
Speaker 10: Isn't he the only president that.
Speaker 11: Doesn't take a salary?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a fire hose of rants from will And you know, I can understand someone's frustration, you know, his side of the political ledger didn't win, and elections have consequences, And I know there's a lot of angry and upset people when Joe Biden won, you know, the twenty twenty election, and people were angry and upset when Barack Obama won. And you work through it. You deal with the changes the administration brings forth in. You know, when a new administration comes in, you deal with the changes of the new administration. But if you don't have the numbers, you don't win the elections. And people that you find a disagreement with can be well in the highest positions of power. So you know, it's yeah, it's okay.
Speaker 6: I think, well, well, I just like I just.
Speaker 11: I just remember Barack Obama's whole campaign slogan was changed, but then all it was was George W. Bush two point zero. And then we go and then Donald Trump comes in. Holy, Holy, there's all kinds of change there's change everywhere you know, and.
Speaker 6: Know everybody's all upset about it.
Speaker 10: So what do we want? Well, I think changes what people voted for.
Speaker 9: That's all I got.
Speaker 8: I'll let you go.
Speaker 1: I'm with you on that, my friend, I'm with you. And of course, one of the biggest reasons, one of the most important reasons Donald Trump won is because of the border crisis. And it is a crisis. It is a crisis that's facing every city in this country pretty much. It is a crisis of money and resources. And it didn't have to happen. I just don't. In a world where we have so many government programs and resources available to an unlimited number of people, there is a financial reality at stake here. There's a finite number of dollars. And when you interject an additional ten plus million people, many of whom who are not working, and many of whom who do not have the skill sets to actually have gainful employment, they're going to be living off of these resources, whether there's state or local or federal government resources. Look at the whole that we've dug for ourselves already, with thirty six thirty seven trillion dollars in debt. These programs are. You can argue they're underfunded, but the money's got to come from someplace. These cities have been overwhelmed, I mean literally billions of dollars to deal with an immigration crisis in cities like Chicago and New York. What about the constituents, What about the legal citizenry that got inundated with all those folks because of Biden's open borders policies. And you see the profound, you know, sea change that shows up when a new person is in office. Here, executive order this, executive order that, and it stops or is well, the number of illegals enter the country decreases almost immediately or actually immediately. That is what a change of administration allows for, and it can be done. Donald Trump's demonstrating that if you agree with open borders policies, then you're upset and angry about it. And I guess I understand on some level. Jim, you're next. I got mic on the phone as well. Hang on a second, six thirty seven fifty five kerc DE talk station, Chimney Care Fireplace and Steve. Wonderful folks. They take great care of your home and of course your safety. And that's really primarily what it's all about, although comfort is what it's all about as well. I would like to mention the showroom four orteen Wards Corner Road. He just goes south off of two seventy five on Ward's Corner. You'll see it on the left hand side of the street. That maybe a half mile at most down the street. But a beautiful showroom. And they've got all kinds of fireplace inserts and free standing stoves, self feeding, wood waste pellet stoves that are free standing, and they have those that are fireplace inserts as well, so you can, you know, very inexpensively heat your home with one of those babies. They put out intense heat, but that's the way to go. Chimpycare fireplace stove, full line of accessories. But in terms of safety, they have experts that can, you know, take a great look at your fireplace flu regardless of what it's connected to. Video camera inspection reveal whether it needs to be swept. They have certified chimney sweeps. Water damage is certainly a possibility. Maybe a squirrel built a nest in your chimney. Take care of your safety. Haven't inspected by the Chimney Care Firefloa and Stove. They've been around since nineteen eighty eight, locally slash family owned and operated award winners. They are plus and a plus with a better business bureau. They may have saved my life. I don't know. They just told me my old builder, you know, special inexpensive fireplace insert the house was built in was a fire hazard. So I got a new insert from Chimneycare Fireplace and Stove. It's beautiful and I love it. You will too. Learn more online check them out at chimneycareco dot com chimneycarec dot com. The numbers five one three two four eight ninety six hundred five one three two four eight ninety six hundred fifty five KRC Your hands work hard. Oh there's concern. Shannon I says, mostly sunny day to day with a higher forty five, clear every night down to twenty six. Clouds build Tomorrow, rain shown up after four pm with a high forty eight, then expected widespread rain overnight with heavy rain at times. Overnight low of thirty nine. Friday is going to be rain sporadically after five am, cold front coming into the afternoon. High in the upper fifties right now forty degree in time for traffic.
Speaker 7: From the UCL Tramphyic Center. Expect more you see help, more clinical trials, more treatment options for personal lives care, more chances to get you back to being you visit U see help dot com. Highway traffick do we okay? I'm not seeing any problems as far as accidents go, and the one wreck I did have on Dixie Highway and Fort Mitchell on seventy five is now out of the way. Dixie is open once again. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: Sixty three fifty five KRCD talk station kind of off the clock this morning. Apologies for that's go directly to Jim. I hang on your next Jim, thanks for holding over the breake there. Welcome to the program.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Brian, I don't really understand where you stand on things, especially after the comment you made in regards to Will's rant, which comment you didn't support Trump.
Speaker 1: I well, no, I mean your choice, he was.
Speaker 4: A lightning rod. You didn't really want him in the first place.
Speaker 9: I've always said, do you really stand where you really stand?
Speaker 4: I don't understand how you can make those comments after listening to how much you supported Trump.
Speaker 1: I supported Trump because he was the nominee, and I support what he is doing.
Speaker 4: Okay, so so he wasn't your choice.
Speaker 1: Well, who did you want?
Speaker 4: Who did you want?
Speaker 1: There was no one other than Trump?
Speaker 10: Who then?
Speaker 4: And then why did you make that comment?
Speaker 1: Because I've always viewed Trump as a bit of a problematic guy because of the way he just is he him, because I didn't want to vote for Kamala Harris, it was a rather stark contrast.
Speaker 4: You're telling me you voted for the least of two evils.
Speaker 1: That kind of you can say that maybe a bit of an overstatement, because I appreciate what Trump's policies are.
Speaker 4: I think that makes you a bit of a hypocrite because you speak so so greatly of what he's accomplishing this and what he's doing, and what his policies were and how he expressed them. Yeah, I don't understand.
Speaker 1: I'm happy with I'm happy with the results.
Speaker 4: There be such a Trump supporter when you didn't even want him in the first place.
Speaker 1: I didn't say I didn't want him. He may have been the lesser of two evils. Kamala Harris obviously a profound idiot and Donald Trump's positions I agreed with. It is really just built upon the idea that he had been so thoroughly demonized, and the man is so controversial that I do believe that there was someone in the Republican Party that would have been a perhaps refreshing alternative, but would have offered the exact same message and policies. That's all it boils down to. I've always wanted someone slightly more presidential, and I'm on record over the past god ten years or so saying the exact same thing. I don't feel I had to defend myself. Everybody knows my position on Trump. I've been saying it out loud for years and years and years. Jim, that's fine, call me out. I don't care. That's okay. That's how we keep people on their toes right six forty five. If you five kres detalk station Mike, you will be next if you don't mind holding got to get back on calendar, on schedule. It's a prestige in terrors for your kitchen remodeling projects. Prestige. It's a way to go. You be dealing with John Ryan, who is a great guy. You'll love working with him. What a friendly guy is and he has got just amazing ideas for your kitchen remodeling project. Now you don't have to do a whole gut rehab like we did working with John, but we just started from scratch, had everything taken out, and John redesigned our kitchen ended up finding more space, which I thought was so cool. It's one of the greatest things he did, was able to move the old space a little bit, and what a profound impact it had on the flow and design of our kitchen. But whatever your kitchen space is, whether it's a tiny galley kitchen or a real big space, you're working with the best in terms of kitchen remodeling when you're dealing with John, because he's got I think like thirty five years experience and just doing kitchen remodeling at least primarily occasional other remodeling projects. But he's a kitchen expert, so he eat his advice and take him up on some of his suggestions. He'll have great suggestions for you and you will love what he can do for your kitchen. A plus with a BBB Prestige one two three dot com is where you find John online. Check out some of his prior projects Prestige one two three dot com. And when you call him, please tell him. Brian said, HIA five one three two four seven zero two two nine five one three two four seven zero two two nine fifty five krc A Wednesday, before I get back to the phones, thank you Eric for backing me up. Eric wistens every morning and quite often sends me a stude comments and interesting and uh quite often hilarious comments through instant messaging. Say you've been very clear about not liking the choices. I know I have been, and yes, vv Granma Swammy was a guy that I thoroughly supported, but he didn't run. You know, you end up dropping out. But I can't deny. I mean, I'm impressed with Trump so far, and I'm impressed with what he is trying to accomplish, what he's been able to accomplish so far. Ham fisted, yeah, to large degree, angering some people, Yes, of course he is. But I think doing the right thing and so far as pairing back the size and scope of government and its intrusive effects on our lives. Going back to Will's criticism, right, don't take our money from us and then misspend it. I love that concept. Generally speaking, that's one of the reasons I'm a libertarian, little el libertarian. You know, I trust you with your zipper, and I trust you with your wallet. I wouldn't want to come and take away your hard earned a salary to support some nonsensical government program and some bloated bureaucracy. So ham fisted as it may be, Donald Trump doing at least what appears to be a lot in pairing back that bloated bureaucracy that I have such a disdain for. And there are a number of ca it's who could have done that as well. But this is what we were left with. These were the choices, and I just have to observe also and need for the always Trump or folks who think that, you know, they get insulted when I point something out like it wouldn't have been my first choice Donald Trump, like I have some sort of religious loyalty to any human being. No, not me, thank you very much. I don't have any problem with what he's been doing. See what west Side Jim's got. What's sayeed, Welcome to the program, my friend. Always good to hear from you. Good morning, Brian.
Speaker 12: Being as close to the party as I am. And that's not bragging on this as a fact.
Speaker 1: No, you're connected.
Speaker 12: The one big problem is that when Russell mock and this is on a local basis, Alex Trantefilo in the state, and when he was doing a local basis, and now with Trump, you know, Trump won by what was a percent and a half or two percent or wherever it was, and it was by four million votes. The problem was if we try to get another candidate, and you could sit here and name ten candidates or fifteen candidates or all good people. They could have been reliable as far as maybe getting donor money or votes, but they wouldn't have been elected. And we'd have been stuck with Kamblo, with Harris and that goofy vice president of hers because she would have won against I love, Viveka Ramaswaye and a few others, but they wouldn't have won.
Speaker 6: They would not have won. And that's the thing.
Speaker 12: When russ mok sits down with somebody, he asked him, he says, you have any money, The party's only got so much to go spread around to twenty five candidates or so, and can you be electable now? And can you be electable in two years, four years, or six years. And the question most of the time is no, I'm sorry. That's just the plain fact that.
Speaker 1: You can money.
Speaker 12: Money talks, and money pulls this thing through. So if you don't have the money, the donors are backing off because even locally the lender people, the old man lender used to donate big time money. Well the kids don't. The kids are are very frugal with their money. That that goes in a national basis too. So you know, when everybody talks about there's better people and this and that the policies are great.
Speaker 6: With Trump, I don't mind it.
Speaker 12: And after he got out the first time, people noticed that his policies worked and they were good.
Speaker 1: Right the man himself questionable. Yeah, I agree with you and everybody else. It's it's the b words that you know versus the ones you don't know. You know, and we at least knew based on having Donald Trump as president the first term what we could expect, notwithstanding all the impeachment hearings and the and the and the show trials and the warfare or lawfair. I think he delivered on promises. And you I knew that's what you could expect from Donald Trump. It was a known commodity against the idiot Kamala Harris.
Speaker 12: So exactly, that's because people knew Donald Trump and they voted for Donald Trump. If Midbeck would have gone up there, or let's just say, anybody.
Speaker 1: You want to name, Yeah, I know.
Speaker 12: They're not going to vote for him, or he would have got a limited number of votes or she and we would have been looking at Harris for four years and possibly eight and that goofy vice president in there, and the Democrats will ruled.
Speaker 6: This country again.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 12: So people need to understand and learn that it's money that controls all this and it was an ungodly amount of money that got Trump elected. But it's the fact of being elected.
Speaker 1: Yeah, plus a massive grassroots effort to get Trump elected too, which was rather impressive turnaround from twenty twenty, no doubt about it. And it's folks like you west Side Jim, remaining politically engaged, in active and during the hearts and minds of folks in the right direction, at least I perceive it to be that way. Thank you, Jim. Always the pleasure hearing from you. I appreciate your tuning into the program. Stick around, folks, We're gonna hear from Jack Atherton. It's time for the Big Picture with Jack Atherton at the top of the hour News the new Jimmy Doolittle, Trump's Raiders. Jack will be up just in a minute. Your voice, Thank you for taking my call your country.
Speaker 13: Thanks refreshing.
Speaker 14: Hear it every day.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krs the talk station. This report day sponsored and a very happy Wednesday to everybody. Made even extra special happy because we get the big picture with Jack Atherton. I think you remember him as an anchorman. He's an author, he is a lawyer, and he is a historian. He is everything rolled up in one neat, nice, neat package. Welcome back, Jack Atheren and my friend, it's always a pleasure to have you on the program.
Speaker 15: It's great to be here with you, Brian, and I gotta tell you I am awestruck. There's no other way to put it. And you know, Brian, I'm usually a glass half empty kind of guys, and not because I drank a lot. These first days of Donald Trump's comeback will be remembered by history. And looking for some parallel, I've been reminded of the legendary bombing of Tokyo by Jimmy Doolittle's Raiders. Let me explain why. After Japan's sneak attack on Pearl Harbor crippled the US Navy, America I had to prove quickly and dramatically that we could still fight back. So Lieutenant Colonel James doolittvel he later became a general, which a sixteen B twenty five B bombers took off from the USS Hornet and showed that America could still reach Japan's mainland. There is, by the way, a magnificent tribute to Doolittle's Raiders at the National Air Force Museum outside Dayton. What an awe inspiring place that is. And you can see the raid depicted in the terrific movie from a few years ago Midway, as well as the old Spencer Tracy film that includes actual footage. It is no exaggeration, Brian to say that Trump's first days back, with his instant securing of the border and deporting of thugs from sanctuary cities, his reversal of the left's corrupt green energy scam, trump zooming in and reading the Riot Act to elites at the One World Capital Davos, He's enlistment of business leaders around the world who want to create jobs here in America, not jobs for wage slaves overseas. The banishing of DEI and woke poison for the federal government, the firing of partisan bureaucrats, the face to face help Trump provided for disaster victims in North Carolina and suicidal California. Thanks to all that, and so much more to come, the new Trump administration has repelled the Democrats assault on the middle clients with shock and awe, so much so that Democrats now are scrambling to find what they call a new idea, a new approach. But Folks, the Democrat parties DNA makes that impossible. They are at their course since Ranklin Roosevelt authoritarians, socialists sometimes dictators. Democrats aim to make everybody dependent on big government, from the poorest Americans to the richest who make billions off government mandates for everything from vaccines to evs now Brian. As we've discussed, it's in the DNA of Americans to reject dependency, to demand individual rights and responsibility. Then Democrats are eager to serve up some fake moderate because they know that Marxists will ultimately take over For instance, Bill Clinton ran as a southern moderate. He beat George H. W. Bush the Father. After that establishment Republican broke his read my lips, pledged to voters, and raised taxes. The trouble was as soon as Clinton took office. He raised taxes too retroactively, and then went on to propose hillary Care, socialized medicine so much more. It was only when Democrats lost Congress for the first time in forty years, Clinton said the era of big government is over. That he was forced to balance budgets and reform welfare only because he also had new House Speaker Newt Gingrich. The Democrats next self proclaimed moderate was God help us, Barack Obama. He promised no red states, no blue states, just the United States Great, until Obama immediately went around the world apologizing for America's so called imperialism. Obama let Russia seize Ukraine's key port crimea wedding, Putin's appetite for the rest of Ukraine. Obama supported America haters in Egypt and Iran. We're still dealing with this here at home. He sympathized with rioting liars in Ferguson, Missouri. He lied about Obamacare We could go on and on. The only reason Obama won election a re election campaign is that Republicans responded not with a populist but with an establishment stiff at Romney lastly considered Joe Biden. Democrat radicals ran Biden from his basement during COVID as good old Scratt and Joe another moderate. But Biden, a crook, was so compromised he was happy to let his cup. Puppet masters woke puppet masters. Let me say that again, and never forget it. They spent like lottery winners. They ignited inflation, declared war on US fossil fuels while they bought dirty oil for our enemies in Venezuela and elsewhere. And they welcomed to America more than ten million illegals to leach off middle class citizens, which brings us to Donald John Trump. Not everybody's cup of tea. You know, there's another World War Two figure, George Patten, who wasn't everybody's cup of tea. He slapped a soldier. People wanted to take him away from the European theater while he was carving through it to get to Germany. Trump is a true populist, just as America survived a knockout blow at Pearl Harbor. Donald Trump survived two impeachments, lawfare, character assassination by the left wing media, and two real assassination attempts. And now he is delivering shock and awe to restore America's border and our economy and our American values. He's proving that America can still fight and win for the whole world, not just America, by bringing peace and growth. When the pie gets bigger, everybody wins. Jimmy Doolittle's rate ended with America winning World War Two, and then I can never get over this. Brian rebuilding, Japan and Germany not as colonies, as free and prosperous allies. Let's unite now and win under Trump and work to create a worldwide Golden Age. What do you saying?
Speaker 1: Oh, you know me, I rarely ever, if ever disagree with you, Jack, And you know, I just have to observe this idea that it seems to be a growing phenomenon. You noted that Trump is a populist. He cares about, you know, the constituents that he's representing across the board, not just the elite moneyed folks, which was traditionally the label that Republican Party got labeled with, you know, they're the party of big corporate interests. Well, clearly they're not. But this growing populist movement, it's not just here in the United States. I observe that it's happened in the European Union, It's happening globally, and that it's no longer wrong. I would argue, given this growing populism movement, it's no longer wrong to vote for and care about your own best interest. This is in defiance of the globalism movement that we've been under for so many years, and I think it's a refreshing, welcome change, and I do believe that's the direction the globe is going. Your reaction to that observation, well.
Speaker 15: There are a lot of Republicans, conservatives, and Libertarians who say, oh, the GOP was always pure and pro American. The truth is we were the party of big business for a long time. But that's when big business and we've discussed this over the US many times, Brian, that's when big business.
Speaker 1: Was pro American worker amen.
Speaker 15: In the last ten fifteen years, I think even a little longer than that, I wrote about this when I was a graduate student at Columbia and the journalism school, we were shipping all of our jobs overseas, yep, starvation wages. And then of course the you know, the GOP really had to rethink itself. Not everybody in the GOP. There are still establishment people. Amesley gets upset when I talk about the World Wall Street Journal, But you know, there are a number of people there on the editorial board who were still happy to see all those jobs go to China. They say, well, you'll have cheap things from China that you can buy. We won't be able to buy anything with a thirty seven trillion dollar debt and no jobs in this country. So they're coming back. And yes, the GOP now is a populist party. It wasn't always it is now.
Speaker 1: Well, and one other thing I was on this sort of reminded of Nikita Krushe's comment about you know, we will destroy you from within. You talked about the FDR forward that seems to be largely accomplished by the Democrats. Have a program, a government service or something that they claim to be an offering of a solution, which really isn't. It's just creates government defendants and he said, we will take America without firing a shot. We will bury you. We can't expect the American people to jump from capitalism to communism, but we can assist their elected leaders in giving them small doses of socialism until they awaken one day to find that they have communism. So that would be the predicate for his statement, we don't have to invade the United States, we will destroy you from within. And I think that it's so you know, he was right. That's exactly what we have allowed to happen over the years. And it's got to the point where as you observe the thirty seven trillion dollars in devasit we are killing ourselves by offering these so called solutions to life's problems with government services. They're taxing us and they're spending it on things that obviously do not work, and now we're in a big hole.
Speaker 15: I think we always have to be careful about looking at things in black and white, as we have talked about before. Otto von Bismarck, the first chancellor of a United Germany after eighteen seventy, came up with social security long before FDR did. You can have compassionate programs. It's a question of the degree. Social security as first formulated, was for people you've talked about this before, who were expected to die before they could collect anything, and who contributed to the system all their lives. Now we're giving social security to somebody who just makes it over the rio Grant.
Speaker 1: Jack, you know, I love having you on the show and I'm glad you're willing to do it every week, and of course I'll look forward to another discussion with you next Wednesday. Jack addten. This has been another edition of the Big Picture with you afore mentioned, Jack, Adad and Jack have a wonderful day, wonderful week, and best of health and love to you and of course your better half Ran.
Speaker 15: I always say it, you are the best.
Speaker 1: Well. I appreciate that man, very very very much. Get your level of respect and your background. It's a pleasure to having you on the show, and I can't thank you enough for listening to the show. In the program, Jededne, what the forecast says. We get a buzy sunny day in our hands to day nice forty five for the high going to be clear every night with a low of twenty six tomorrow. File to build up throughout the day, rain showing up after four pm. They'll see a high at forty eight and heavy rain overnight widespread as well. Thirty nine for the low, and then sporadic rain on Friday, cold front coming in in the afternoon. They say upper fifties for the high. Right now thirty eight. Time for a traffic update. Hucks from the UCL Traffic Center. I expect more of them at u see Health.
Speaker 7: More clinical trials, more treatment options from personalized care, more chances to get you bank to being new. Visit you see health dot com. More wrecks on southbound seventy five. The latest blocks the right side. That's in Cincinnati Daton Road. Then it slowed down to the second rack, which is a union center that blocks everything but the left main. Third wreck is at Galbre that's on the right side inbound seventy four. There's a wreck after drive for shot Kingram on fifty five kr and see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven two here a fifty five kr C the talk station coming up at seven fift forty. Frank Abrams with the book The cock Fight, Fighting an Unjust Justice System. It's efficient fiction book, but it is based upon facts. That'll be at seven forty. The meantime, we can go over to the phones five and three, seven, four nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eight two three talk. Take Candy's call. Can you welcome to the fifty five kr SEE Morning Show.
Speaker 16: Hi, I my son uh supported Trump early, so I gave Trump a chance. But I totally support you. There's numerous times when I haven't had a choice on who I had to vote for. Yeah, and because I'm I'm typically a Republican, but I got to give a Democrat a chance. So I had voted Democrat, Okay, and I wasn't happy after the vote because I saw things that you know, didn't match. So you're stuck being libertarian and the fact that you're in the same crunch that I would be in, even if me being a Republican. Yeah, So I appreciate well calling. I appreciate everybody, but don't get mad at Brian.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you, Candy. I appreciate that so much. Yes, I too have known the sting of disappointment in Republican candidates who didn't deliver. Hell. I live in the state of Ohio. Most people get my frustration on that. Candy, I just have one question and Mitch McConnell. Thank you, Joe for go ahead. Candy, I'm sorry, I just have one question.
Speaker 16: Okay, Mike DeWine, who I've supported more longer than most people, he put John Houston in. Is he going to be a rhino?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 1: Well, time will certainly tell, Candy. We have no way of knowing that, but my interactions with John have been positive ones. I think he has the skill sets and he will bring and deliver for the state of Ohio. And I think he will act consistently with what you and I hope that we will get out of someone who's representing the state in the Senate. So I'm not let's put it this way, I am not uncomfortable with John Houstad being selected for that position. Yeah, there are others on the list, the short list that I was a little worried about, but he wasn't one of them. So time will tell, though, but I'm cautiously optimistic John will deliver for the state. Candy, I can't thank you enough for your kind words. Yes, you know, I was going to conclude the last going into the top of the hour. A country of three hundred and fifty million people, and going back to my some of my criticisms of Trump, which are on record for years and years. To those who think that I'm somehow hypocritical, third and fifty million people, are you telling me seriously that Donald Trump and Kamala Harris were the best and brightest that we have to offer. That's kind of been my point all along. No, I'm not disappointed with Trump delivering, and it's an amazing thing to behold, and I hope he continues to deliver and I will be happy. I'm not disappointed. I'm just of the mind, as a citizen of the United States of America, that there's just I mean, seriously, there's got to be better people in higher office. I think, honestly, what they're doing is out there in the in the world building businesses and being successful entrepreneurs. They don't have any time for politics seven twenty six fifty five kc DE talk station. And don't go to the hospital imaging department when you can get a well an image, whether it's an mri CT scan, echo cardogram, ultra sound long screening, or cardiac scoring for a mere fraction of the cost good by going to affordable imaging services. Do not expect bells and whistles. You can expect the same equipment. Hospitals use professionals operating it, a image that your doctor will perfectly and accept and and and the Board certified radiologist report that goes along with it, which you and your doctor will get within forty eight hours of the image being scanned. But no fountains and you know, polished marble and all that kind of stuff. You paying for that when you go to the hospital imaging department thousands of dollars versus the most expensive image you can get at Affordable Imaging Services as an MRI with a contrast at six hundred and forty five bucks that it costs you maybe thirty five hundred or maybe even more at the hospital imaging department. Hell, they might charge you at five thousand dollars for that CT scan. You get a contrast with it again MRIs six hundred and forty five. If you don't need a contrast, it's only four hundred and ninety five bucks. CT scan scheduled appointment for me in April with Affordable Imaging Services, that's going to be six hundred dollars because I get a contrast. If I didn't need a contrast four point fifty and my doctor accepted the image, said it was fine, no problem, no issues, and so she even asked me if I was going to go back there again for my cancer CT scan and they dialed it up, called it in for me Echo Cardiogram four ninety five. Affordable Medimaging dot com is or get all the details Affordable med Imaging. You have a choice when it comes to your medical care. Don't spend the outrageous amounts at the hospital. Five to one three seven, five three eight thousand. That's five one three seven five three eight thousand fifty five KRC steve er with you these you're ten to nine weether four k that's going to suny day in her hands. Forty five for the high down of twenty six overnight with clear skies. Got rain shown up tomorrow after four pm. It'll be cloudy during the day forty eight for the high widespread rain, heavy at times overnight Tomorrow thirty nine and on Friday. Got some rain on the forecast cold front coming into the afternoon. Highs in the upper fifties. Thirty eight Right now time for traffic from the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 7: Expect more at UCE Health, more clinical trials more treatment options for personalized care, more chances to get you back to being you visit U see health dot com. Multiple problems soopbound seventy five. There's a wreck near Cincinnati Dton Road there on the right. Then an accident near Union Center has everything but the left lane blocked off. You're looking at close to an extra hour now between one twenty nine and Sharonville. There's a third wreck that's at Galberg right shoulder. Chuck ingram On fifty five Kara see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven thirty one fifty five kosee the talk Station. Happy Wednesday listener, lunch next Wednesday. Cann be a little Miami brewing ipe. You can see there and feel free to call him and run to the phones right now before I do local stories, maybe I won't even get to Let's start with Jamie Larry your next hang on. Jamie, Welcome to the Morning Show. Thanks for calling.
Speaker 13: Good morning, Brian, great to talk to you. Hey, I ran into somebody at church on Sunday and talking about all the Trump things, and oh, it's really great. And then he says, well, I really I really don't like Trump personally, but you know, I do like what he's doing, and I'm I'm just going to put a call out there to the Trump haters to stop trying to like him personally, like right, I mean, I don't really understand the point. I mean, he's not in our family, he's you know, we're not in relationship with him. But I said to this guy, I said, he's willing. He's the only one willing to stand up and do what we need to do. So I think people need to start being thankful truly.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 13: I mean, we're in a crisis in our in our country legitimately, and by the way, most of an impacts children extremely negatively. So I'm just like, grow up, people, like stop whining.
Speaker 1: I didn't call for an argument, Jamie, that is for certain. I hear you out loud.
Speaker 14: And you know the other thing I was going to say, you know, they've located seventy five thousand of these children that were missing, and if people want to connect the dots on that, they located them quickly because they knew who knew.
Speaker 1: Where they were exclamation point, Jamie. I've been observing that with the ice raids, seeming like they have all the information apparently in their possession to know exactly where to go and which buildings to raid to find the criminals, the known criminals, which information apparently is in ICE's hands. An excellent point on the children. Where was the prior administration when it comes to saving and these these children from the horrific situation they were in. God bless America. Thank you Jamie for the call. I truly appreciate it and thanks for listening to them show. Larry, You're next, Welcome to the show. Thanks for calling this morning.
Speaker 17: Morning, Brian. I'm your last comments about ge were the candidates we had in the last election really the best we could do? And I'm with you with Trump. I love what he's doing, but I was concerned about him running as well, just kind of considered him damage goods. But he obviously overcame that exactly. But I think the reason why we keep being disappointed with our candidates is our primary process. If we had a national primary day like we have a national general election day, it would require the candidates to compete simultaneously across the entire country at the same time. The way it is, we start in Iowa, we go to New Hampshire. The combined population of those two states together is what five percent of the country. But the front runners get identified there the money and the media starts following the front runners and next thing, you know, a better candidate gets kicked to the curb. I got nothing against Iowa. I lived there for five years, loved it. But they honestly do have an undue influence on where we end up with our eventual candidates. You know, Indiana, by the time we have our primary in May, the party's over.
Speaker 1: It's an afterthought.
Speaker 17: We are who the candidate is.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 17: I honestly I feel disenfranchised in the in the primary process because again it's already over. So anyway, National Primary Day I think be a great idea.
Speaker 1: Well, Larry just I have to observe. Isn't I our responsible for Kamala Harris dropping out of the presidential runback in.
Speaker 17: Twenty Yeah, it's and it's about one hundred percent because then you might recall before that the senator from from Texas on having a senior moment I one, iowall, but ended up not in Cruz thank you in twenty sixteen, so you know he lost eventually lost to Trump. So so it isn't always true, but still no, I got you. I think the points.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think your point resonates and it's an excellent one. You know that the money and that's your your springing off of comment that west Side Jim Keefer made earlier. How much money do you have? How much money can you generate for the race? That is first and foremost in the hearts and minds I guess of the Republican Party anyway, And if you don't have it and you can't bring it to the table, then they're not going to support you. There you go. When you win Iowa, you're gonna get money flowing into your coffers. So good point, Larry. Thanks for making it stick around. The book The Cock Fight, Frank Abram's the author. He will join the program coming up next. I hope he can stick around. But first let me mention my friends at Chimney Care Fireplace in Stove. I have my friend Jeff I think is a supporter of every sponsor on my morning show. Let me know this morning that he had Chimneycare Fireplace and Stove over check out his gas fireplace and yes there were problems with it. They identified and took care of them, cleaned it all out, serviced it. It's now running efficiently. He said, Brian, I'm going to have them over to my home every year from now on, and that's really what you should do. Safety is so important and critical. You got carbon monoxide issues when you're talking about having a fire in your fireplace, so get a carbon monoxide detector is what I always recommend when I'm talking about the Chimneycare Fireplace and stove. But whatever it is, and it relates to the free standing stoves, self feeding, wood waste pellet stoves, gas doves, fireplaces that burn wood. They are your specialists, been at it for well since nineteen eighty eight. Family owned and operated called Jeff Keefer at Chimneycare Fireplace and Stove. One of their experts will come out. They are certified chimney sweets. If it needs to be swept, it starts with a video camera inspection of your flu They do re lining, cap and damper replacement. They do tuck pointing, They do literally everything that's related to fireplaces and stof and of course they have a great showroom chalk full of fireplace inserts and those free standing stoves and wood waste pellets doos that was located. He is located at four thirteen Wards Corner Road A plus with the BBB. Have them clean your dryer event out while they're over checking out your safety in the fireplace, or call them just for that service alone to do that. The number is five one three two four eight ninety six hundred five to one three two four eight ninety six hundred. Learn more online Chimneycareco dot com. Fifty five KRC and joining the fifty five CARS Morning Show. Frank Abrams a criminal defense attorney in North Carolina as well as Florida's practice in federal state criminal law for thirty eight plus years. He's been on public radio and Core TV, and he is an author and today we're welcoming to the fifty five KRC Morning Show to talk about his book, The Cock Fight. And I observe Frank, and it's a pleasure to have you on the program. It's been long stated the law holds it as better than ten guilty persons escape than one innocent suffer. I'm a firm believer that, and there was a time in my life, Frank, that I believed in the death penalty. But as I've gotten, coming older and wiser and having practiced litigation for sixteen years. I am painfully aware of the fact that quite often, well maybe not often, but sometimes innocent people are convicted. And if the state has the ability to take your life from you, that's a scary proposition. Welcome Frank, Sorry for being long winded.
Speaker 6: Oh no, it's an honor and a pleasure, and you are one hundred percent on point.
Speaker 8: Ryan.
Speaker 6: So can I tell you a little bit about how this book came about?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Plus explain the title for my listeners so they understand the relationship.
Speaker 6: Okay, the title of the book is The cock Fight. So one day I'm sitting at federal court. This is a few years back, and it comes to my attention and the attention that's some other attorneys that there's a Kentucky crime lab that has been mishandling DNA.
Speaker 4: So, Brian, I.
Speaker 6: Thought to myself, what could go wrong there? So that's when I started. Yeah, that's when I started writing the book. It gets even better, but I started writing the book. The main character of my book is a teacher of the Year who's falsely accused of a relationship with a student, loses everything he has and is living under a bridge with homeless people. Now, why is it called the cock fight. The answer is because every third Friday of the month under this bridge they have cock fights.
Speaker 5: Why.
Speaker 6: Because the basis of the book is they treat animals the same way fighting roosters the same way they treat people. They make them mean and angry towards each other, and then they make money in the whole unholy process.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you put out the mo anything because I had that line in the notes circled for this reason, because as you know from my comments introducing you, having practice litigation and eight years in Chicago and eight years in house with a healthcare company, I know how expensive retaining a lawyer is. I mean outrageous amounts of money. You're talking several hundred at minimum dollars an hour. And if you get falsely accused of a crime or accused of a crime, generally speaking, you have to get a defense attorney unless you rely on the public defender. And I will welcome your observations about the competency of the Public Defender's office, but they tend to be overwhelmed with a number of cases they had, So to get competent counsel, it's coming out of your pocket. And for those of the moneys that don't have a lot of money. It's an impossible chore.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, Public defender's offices across the country are utterly overwhelmed. They don't have the time, they don't have the resources. But this even gets better because yesterday in the news came out a story that a crime lab analyst altered DNA evidence in hundreds of cases in Colorado. Yesterday's news, it's like they knew, Brian, that I was going to be interviewed by you today.
Speaker 1: It's like they knew why. And no, the timing is excellent, Frank Butt, Why would they do that?
Speaker 6: Well, here's the thing I wrote. I wrote my book of the story of this teacher's fight to clear his name and all that he has to go through. And in it, I have a hearing and a trial. And there's eight potential eight reasons, eight things more than eight actually that can go wrong, and a lot of it has to do with time elements. These lab analysts are told, we want these results, we want them now. There's hundreds and hundreds of cases. They'll fudge results. There's evidence in that particular case, she was indicted for over one hundred plus cases that she dealt with you know, I can't say why people do things, but I know this that it happens. And when the system, when someone's life and someone's freedom is at stake, there has to be more than just oh, well, we have this test and we're going to absolutely rely on the results of this test.
Speaker 1: That's a great point, Frank. I think there's sort of perhaps it's a you know, presumably a government employee or some lab They don't have any relationship to defend it. Maybe there's a presumption of guilt because they've been charged, so they have a lack of care and concern that they should sort of put themselves in the position of the person who's a defendant and do the job correctly and be able to testify on the stand that everything every I was dotted and tea was crossed because lives are at stake here. But it's like taxpayer dollars. You know, the government doesn't care where the dollars come from. They don't have any incentive to be, you know, mindful of where the money's going because they have this open spigot, and that creates well, lack of care and concern. Same kind of parallel.
Speaker 6: Boy boy, Brian, have you hit it, and let me say you that, let me say this you want to talk about you know, they talk about weaponizing the Justice Department against you know people. If you want to see the weaponization of the justice point, you want to see how it's been weaponized against regular people and people who just can't afford to pay for expensive attorneys, and people who just don't have the resources. And now, of course we're in days of budgetary restraint, as we always have. So you know, good luck getting the court to approve of money and say things like, well, you know, we're going to go ahead and do another test, even though you've already had a test and your results have been tested in my book, the individual asks for another test, but it's rejected. It's rejected, and in federal courts they have something across the country called rocket dockets, and so it's like this, well, guess what, we don't have time to do another test. There's not going to be the money given to do another test, and guess what, you don't be in trial on Monday. So so you see, yeah, yeah, yeah, see how well thirty eight years in this system.
Speaker 1: I didn't practice I didn't practice criminal law, and I understand where you're coming from though, because you know, when you're preparing for a trial, you have a lot of work on your plate, and when and you're a criminal defendant, a criminal defense attorney, you know again your client's life is in your hands. I dealt with money matters, and of course that really is significant to your client, but lives aren't at stake, and so I feel for you, Frank, I really do. In the book It's the Cockfight, it's on my blog page fifty five carsea dot com. I'm a guest today, Frank Abrams. I appreciate your passion on this subject. It's something near and dear to my heart. Frank, it's been great having you on the program. I appreciate you sharing your time and with our listeners and documenting this. And it is a work of fiction, but Frank will tell you all day long, this is all based on reality and real quick Frank, in terms of being a defense attorney, if I wanted a separate DNA test because I had suspicions about the one that was presented by the prosecuting attorney, how much would it cost me as a separate line item on the legal bill.
Speaker 6: Well, first of all, typically they take it takes quite a long time to do, but it would be in the many thousands of dollars, at least three or four thousand dollars. And you're gonna have to go ahead, basically and also retain an expert regarding that, ah wow, to show that the first test had flaws. So take a guess what that's.
Speaker 1: Gone at eight hundred plus dollars an hour?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, eight hundred plus. You know what an honored has been to talk to you. It has just been such an honor to be interviewed. And this book I wrote came from my heart.
Speaker 1: I know it did.
Speaker 6: And people seem to like this because this is a book that tells.
Speaker 1: It like it is well. And again you're outlining in this work of fiction real parallels to real life and again supporting my argument that there should be no death penalty from the state. Frank, keep up the great work. Thanks for joining me on the morning show. And I'll recommend my listeners go to fifty five KRC dot com and get a copy of your book, The Cockfight. The Youngest Voters Trump fifty three percent favorable. Now wait, Travis and Buck Sexton today at noon on fifty five KRZ the Talks Day eighth six a fifty five air CD talk station Happy Wednesday, Bottom of the Hour with Judge Jennina Poulaitano every Wednesday at eight thirty A Republic of spies. That would be the topic of his or the headline in his column which comes out tonight. I get it early. We'll talk about that among other topics with the judge. In the meantime. We call it a Hail Mary pass. Perhaps Brian Patrick Frank does. He is a Republican and he is going to run against AFTAB pro Ball from mayor of the City of Cincinnati AFTAB, of course, announcing his efforts to become re elected. Brian Patrick Frank is in studio to talk about what I will call a Sisaphian challenge. Welcome Brian Frank. It is a pleasure to have you in the studio today.
Speaker 18: Thank you, Brian, and thank you to your listeners for letting me speak with you this morning.
Speaker 9: Oh.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they're happy to hear from someone who offers a perhaps refreshing change from air AFTAB pro Ball. Surprisingly low key. We hardly hear from him. I mean, I know local news and local media rarely reports on local politics. Anymore because it's all kind of dried up to some degree. I know Sharon Cooliger where the enquire tries to but he keeps his head down fairly low. But of course, running for reelection, you do realize what you're in for. I mean, it is the city of Cincinnati, which I think it seems like the Republican Party has just kind of given up on.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 18: You know, I'm not sure that Aftab's heart is in this. He's been spending a lot of time in the past year with President Biden before he was ousted from office. I think he may even have spent some time in the White House with him. He gave him a tour day long tour of Walnut Hills and took him to just Cwan. So he's been dreaming about going into the national politics. I think his heart is in a national politics, and I think he's already moved on from Cincinnati. So I wouldn't be surprised to hear if Aftab is not going to actually complete his run for mayor. I think he's got other things up his sleeve.
Speaker 1: Oh and I think you're observing something that people have been deserved for a long time. He does seem to have plitical aspirations at far exceed the city of Cincinnati. And honestly, I was shocked to read that he was running for reelection because I really fully expected exactly what you said.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I think he would even have worked for Kamala Harris. I would have had to hold my breath for four years if that was my job. But I think he was ready to take on.
Speaker 1: That all right, Well he didn't at least thus far, So we'll have to keep our popcorn out and wait to see what becomes of AFT have pro ball. But what is and I'm sure there's a lengthy list, but your criticisms of the current administration, the direction of the city's going. How would you approach the job differently? And I tell you what, Let's just start real quickly with who you are before we get to the challenges of the job. But where you come from, what your background is, and why it is you think you're qualified to be mayor let's do that.
Speaker 18: Well, great, Well, I'd love to tell you my high school, but unfortunately I grew up in Buffalo, New York. I went to Saint Joseph's Institute. And I don't think many of you would know where that is, but I will tell you if you are familiar with LaSalle High School. They're from the same brotherhood that taught me, the Lassalian Brothers. I have grown up in Buffalo. I went to University of Rochester on an ROTC scholarship. I completed my undergraduate degree and my master's in business administration in four years. I then joined the active duty. I went to the Seventh Fleet. I served in Yakoska, Japan. I was involved with an incident at sea, which is considered an active war. I was nearly killed by a Soviet cruiser who was coming at me and my ship at forty five knots. I was the conning officer at the time. The captain took over command and he said, Officer Frank, do not leave the deck. You are going to make sure that we maintained course and speed. And for the next three minutes I was saying, Hail Mary, let's not get dead here as this ship attacks us. So at the last minute, the ship turned away and we went on our business. But we were over there because we were peacefully trying to find the black box from Kalub seven that the Soviets had shot down in February of eighty three, and we were looking for that black box to see if the Soviets had made any communication and warned the pilots of that ship. Over four hundred people died on that aircraft. All of them were sent sunk to the bottom of the Pacific Ocean about fifteen miles off the coast of Soaclen Island. Now, we recognize only twelve miles of international waters. The Soviets expect two hundred miles of national waters, and they did not like us being in their backyard, so they tried to force us to leave. This issue was taken all the way up to the National Security Council, it was brought up at the United Nations. So this was a major incident. Thank god, nobody was killed on board the USS towers the officer I was the officer of the Khan at that time, but I'm glad that I survived that and I'm here in Cincinnati. I worked at Proctering Amble till I retired at twenty three years of service. I then went on with many assignments after that, but my favorite after that was working for doctor Odell Owens. He made me a political appointment appointee of his. He asked me to work with Governor Kasik in Columbus on reducing the cost of tuition and the cost of books. I will say that I partnered with the University of Cincinnati. It was not their idea, it was mine. We were able to outsource all of our book printing of textbooks at Cincinnati State to the UC a brand new facility that they built. We were also able to outsource our nine to one to one call center. We also had a weekend police surveillance done by the UC police. And we were the only college and university combined UC and Cincinnati State who actually achieved Governor Kasik's goal. And we at Cincinnati State were able to reduce greatly the cost of the textbooks, and we also reduced or maintained tuition costs. It's very difficult to reduce that, but that was probably one of my biggest accomplishments. And I had a great relationship with doctor Owenes, who, as you know, was a politician, former corner and he taught me a lot. He and I spent a day and a half traveling to Atlanta together down to do some benchmarking with one of the universities down there in Atlanta. Doctor Posey was with us well, and we had a great conversation in his car driving there and back to Atlanta. I really got to know a lot about him, and this is why I'm taking on this role. I want to run for office and be the mayor of Cincinnati. I want to be your next mayor.
Speaker 1: And you are a longtime resident of Mount Adams. I understand forty years.
Speaker 18: I live in a house called Centennial House, was built in eighteen seventy six. A rumor has it they had a huge celebration of the America's centennial celebration. I don't think I'll make it to the next centennial celebration, but as you do know, we have our two hundred and fiftieth anniversary coming up in just a few years, and I'm going to be celebrating that. So yeah, I've been to Mount Adams for over forty years and have really enjoyed being able to walk to my job at Procter and Gamble the Twin Towers. When I worked there, I would say I could see my house from my home or from my job, and I could see, you know, my job from my home. So it was a great experience working at Procter and Gamble, and I really enjoyed that time. They made me a loaned executive to the City of Cincinnati twice. The first time I was asked to go down in outsourced street sweeping, very successfully done. The next time they called and said, we're looking at outsourcing the management of the Duke Energy Center. Can you help us. They sent me down there and I helped outsource that to Global Spectrum. After I did that work, the city renewed that contract I think three times with Global Spectrum. They were really happy with that relationship.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 18: I've also worked with Pat DeWine and the Hamilton County Commission as a loaned executive, and I was asked by the Cincinnati Business Committee to work on the Jail Task Force, and I looked at third parties who could provide jail force jail service through public excuse me through private means. Unfortunately, when I brought that company in and tried to do a tour of our existing facilities, Simon Leeze barred me from the jails that I could not come out, and so I had to cancel that meeting, and that was the end of that idea of bringing in the third party to run jail operations. But I'm really excited about this opportunity, and I think with the support of Cincinnatians, we can make this happen.
Speaker 1: Well, I appreciate your optimism. Of course, your background speaks for itself. Well connected you are, and of course, with forty years of living in matt Adams, you are very familiar with Cincinnati politics in the well seemingly crazy direction. It's gone over that forty year period of time. We're going to bring back Frank, or rather Brian Patrick Frank. I keep confusing with Frank Abrams, the author. I talk with Brian Frank, who's in studio. We're going to learn about his ideas for the future of the city of Cincinnati, if elected, is mayor stick around right back after these brief words, this is fifty five karc an iHeartRadio station. When the wildfires truck eight eighteen thirty five KERC he talks station bottom of r of course, Judge Ana Paula Tan. In the meantime, Brian Patrick Frank is in studio and he is running against Mayor Atab Purvall to be mayor of the City of Cincinnati under the Republican banner. Brian, have you talked to the Republican Party, Yes, I have.
Speaker 18: I've talked to the chair, Russell Mock. He's been very supportive. He's connected me with many of the precinct captains of a round town in the city of Cincinnati, and he's asked me to become the precinct chair for Mount Adams, which I have submitted my application.
Speaker 1: For good good. That's wonderful, and even in that, in that role you can do some real you can have a positive impact on this greater Sin Saint politics generally speaking. But so at least I'm I'm happy that a lot of people express concerns over how the Republican Party is run and again observing that very few, if any Republicans are willing to run in the city of Cincinnati, it's nice to know that they're at least supporting you at the outset. And Adam Kaylor, we've been talking offline. If you're out there, Adam, Brian Frank could certainly use your help and for example establishing a website.
Speaker 18: Adam, if you're out there, please reach out to me. I'll email you.
Speaker 1: And Adam I gave him your phone number as well, so Adam typically tunes into the morning show, so hopefully he will hear the message. But you've again life forty year resident amount Adam, So you know city politics, You've watched it change over the years. What do you want to change about how the city is run if you were mayor? What's on your short list?
Speaker 18: Well, like to take one step back, and that is I'm running because we need a Republican voice in political office in Cincinnati. You know, we used to have jd Vance representing us as our senator. He lives here in Cincinnati with his wife Usha. When I decided to run for office, one of the first places I went to was I went over to his home and walked up to the door. There was a black car there, big black truck blocked my entrance. I was looking to get his signature on my petition to get on the ballot and his wife both registered voters, and outcomes a Secret Service officer telling me that I had to leave the premises, which I did.
Speaker 1: But we used to have JD.
Speaker 18: Vance here and he is still our most visible representative from our great city. But we need someone in local office to be our representative. And that's what I will be. I know I'm not the only elected official. I think there's a member of the Hamilton County who's in office. Maybe the engineer of the County is an office, but I don't see them calling him to say, can we trust in Cincinnati with this money? You know, most of the money that we get on major projects, like the expansion of the Brent Spence Bridge comes from federal dollars, which could be cut off. They need to know in Washington that they've got a voice here in Cincinnati, an elected office who will follow through on commitments. And the same goes for our friends in Columbus. They need to know that there is somebody here in Cincinnati that they can trust, an elected office, and right now I don't think there's anyone in office that they can call and feel like they can trust the person at the other end of the line.
Speaker 1: That's what I want to do, and that makes perfect sense because obviously political affiliation of a city does directly impact whether or not, for example, any given project is going to be approved since we are reliant so much on Columbus dollars and DC dollars. So I get that from the optical standpoint, but running as a Republican and being a Republican I suppose really demands asking the question, what's your perception of what it is to be a Republican? Because we all know a look the Democrats side of the ledger could be the woke leftist DEI ideologue or the more conservative, sort of Kennedy esque Democrats. They still fly into the same d banner, but they mean completely different things in polar opposite things within the confines of what it is to be Democrats. So Republicans quite often defined by others, what's your perception of what being Republican is?
Speaker 18: Republicans are all about individuals taking ownership for their own vision, their own goals, and their own job, and their own responsibilities to raise their family. And they don't expect you to be dependent on the government. They want to encourage you to get off government, you know, handouts as quickly as possible. Yeah, there's a brief point where someone might need federal or government support like benefits or if you're injured, Yeah, you deserve government benefits. But other than that, we should be taking care of ourselves, and Republicans want to encourage that. I'm in charge of my life. It's my responsibility to be taking care of my family, and that's what I want to support.
Speaker 1: Limited government and firmly an agreement with you on that. Now. In terms of how the city runs and does business, you mentioned quite a few projects where you got involved with outsourcing. Quite often that creates a very an efficient system because those two whom you outsource are usually in the profit business, meaning they mine the dollars and cents. They have to prove that they can provide a service in a contract they've been awarded with. Government tends to fail us quite often because well, it's taxpayer dollars and they can be inefficient without worrying about losing their jobs. Is there anything that you have in mind that might be more efficiently run and mind the taxpayer dollars if it was outsourced for whatever reason, garbage collection seems to jump in my mind. But your thoughts on the City of Cincinnati along those lines.
Speaker 18: That's a great question, Brian. Right off the bat, I'd like to point out that years ago, City of Cincinnati used to be in the hospital business, and they did a lousy job of it. They sold it, I believe they sold it to UC General Hospital is no longer our responsibility. But you know, we still have all of these health centers, especially in over the Rhine in downtown, and why are we in the business of doing medical exams and out of hospital appointments. I think we need to look very seriously at the health department and see if we can't outsource that as well. And I'm not talking about handing that off to UC like we did with General Hospital. I think we ought to be looking at the same folks that are supporting the Bengals. I think they brought in Kettering Health. I'd love to get to know them better. I would include the University of Cincinnati. I really want to include Saint Elizabeth. I'm a member of the Saint Elizabeth Health community. I get my annual checkups over there at Saint Elizabeth Hospital in Covington. It's just a safer neighborhood. I don't feel as comfortable going up to Bill Hill and walking those streets. So I really think that we need to look at outsourcing of our health cenators downtown and over the Rhine.
Speaker 1: Well in Public safety is certainly a growing concern on and knows in the greater Cincinnati area. I trust off the bat that you would be a proud and outlawed supporter of the Cincinnati Police Department.
Speaker 18: Well, absolutely for the police department, but let's not forget about the fire department. And I would like to put a shout out to our fired chief of the Fire Department, who was fired by our city manager for absolutely no reason. You know, Chief Washington was brought into her office out of the blue and fired without any warning. And he's right now in a lawsuit for illegal termination of his job. He's looking at receiving probably ten million dollars in benefits because the courts have already said that his firing was illegal. So we need to stop people like you know, share Along from doing stupid things down at city Hall.
Speaker 1: Brian Patrick Franky is running from mayor of the City of Cincinnati. We're going to hear more from Brian. I am certain as the calendar moves forward toward election. Brian, it's been a real pleasure meeting you and hearing from you and getting your thoughts and comments about being mayor of the City of Cincinnati. We sh you all the luck in the world, and we'll look forward to that website as soon as you find out what it is. I'll let my listeners know. Thank you, Brian, been my pleasure to look forward to talking with you again real soon. Judge Annonnapolitano join us next stick around.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KARC dot com Yellowstone Fans right forty five for the hi enjoy it twenty six overnight with clear sky.
Speaker 1: We got clouts building up throughout the day tomorrow with rain showing up sometime after four pm, and I have forty eight heavy rain at times overnight and it will be widespread. Channel nine says thirty nine for the well on Friday, we're going to get sporadic rain, cold front shown up sometimes in the afternoon. Pie in the upper fifties. Right now thirty nine degrees. Time for a traffic update, Chuck Ingram.
Speaker 7: From the UCL Traffic Center. Expect more do you see health, more clinical trials, more treatment options for personalized care, more chances to get you back to being you. Visit ucehealth dot com rex clear on southbound seventy five, few more minutes before the backups clear out.
Speaker 1: Still a bit heavy between.
Speaker 7: Tythersville and Cincinnati Dington and then out of Evendale through the Lockland Split inbound seventy four.
Speaker 1: Just a bit slow from Montana.
Speaker 7: Southbound seventy one is an extra fifteen minutes between Fields Irtle and Redbank as a wreck on Westwood just before you get to Harrison coming up next to guest who is going to finish this interview and then head to Orlando to represent the Giants in the Pro Bowl. Still unknown if the judge will actually be playing flag football or not. Chuck Ingram on fifty five care seen the talk station.
Speaker 1: Thirty and fifty five Kara CD talk station Judge editor Politano, I have no idea what the hell Chuck Ingram's talking about, which quite often is the case, is he introduces you to the fifty five Cartasey Morning Show. Welcome back, my dear friend. It is always a distinct honor and pleasure to have you on my show.
Speaker 19: Well, it's always a pleasure to be with you, even if I don't know what the hell he's talking about.
Speaker 1: I have mentioned before and I am not accusing him of smoking. We but it is legal in the state of Ohio now, so maybe that's an explanation, but we'll just let that sit. In the meantime, I am a fortunate man, not only because I get to talk to Judge Edita Polatano and welcome him to the listening audience. Every Wednesday at this time, but I get a column in advance. It comes out tonight at midnight, as it does every week, and the column titled A Republic of Spies, Interesting and excellent observations, as always, your honor. What's the story on this one, sir?
Speaker 19: Well, you know, one of the few good things that Joe Biden did was to warn the country about something called zero click. Oh yeah, which is you and I talked about this, and then he banned zero click from being imported into the United States used in the United States, and he ordered the FBI, which had purchased zero click, which I'll explain in a second under the Trump administration, most likely without telling President Trump, he ordered them not to use it. And it is stored sounds like the Sopranos. It's stored in a warehouse in New Jersey. Zero click is an insidious piece of software that allows the possessor of it to enter your electronic device without you having to be tricked into clicking onto a link. Okay, so far, so good. What's bad is that Donald Trump, who was victimized by zero click, has told Benjamin Natanyahu. He's going to lift the embargo on it and the Israeli company can begin selling it to American governments. This is an absolute violation of the Fourth Amendment. It's shocking that President Trump, who was victimized by all of this the first time around, would be doing it. Well, that's where we are, and that's what leaked out last week, and that's why I wrote it.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 19: You're not going to see this in writing anywhere. This is part of a side deal between the American negotiator, Steve Whitcoff, and the Israeli Prime Minister to induce him to accept the so called ceasefire between Hamas and Israel. Don't worry. When this is over, you can resume selling zero Click, which is a big deal to the Israeli government and a big deal to Israeli industry and is devastating for American privacy. It's devastating for privacy in the White House. They can use zero Click on Trump himself.
Speaker 1: You know the motivations Trump has to lift this ban because I mean that the Israelis could sell it to us. They have other allies in the world they could just as easily sell it. I don't know the French government or something which means everybody is open to having this thing exploited.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 19: Why zero click entered the picture. I do know that mister Whitcoff, a billionaire real estate developer, enormously successful, and whose negotiating skills obviously have impressed the President, did put together the ceasefire in the last minute of the Biden administration. Mister Whitcoff accomplished more in a week than Tony A. Blincoln and Company were able to accomplish in two years. However, they must have needed something to cushion the blow. Prime Minister Essaigne, whose people must have asked for this and without realizing the catastrophic consequences of it. The Trump people, and again this happened before he was president. The Trump people said, yes, I don't know if he has yet lifted the embargo, but he promised Prime Minister Netziyahu, who's visiting here next.
Speaker 1: Week, that he would do so. In whose hands would this nefarious software reside? It's CIA, NSA, it TSA, and what lettered agency of government would have control over this if it's back in the Probably probably all of them.
Speaker 19: But what provoked Joe Biden was when he learned that the FBI purchased this, and then Chris Ray and I admitted they were purchasing but denied they were using it. He said, we purchased it in order to see how it works. Well, nobody really believed that at all. He actually said that in testifying before Congress. Biden didn't believe him. The members of Congress didn't believe him. Biden ordered the FBI not to use it. You should have ordered them to destroy it. It's not destroyed, as I said, It's in a warehouse in New Jersey. Anybody in the government that gets their hands on this will have instantaneous access to the contents of your digital device, whether it's a mobile device, a desktop, a laptop, or a mainframe. Anybody in the government that has access to this will also have access to anybody else's digital device, including the President, the head of the FBI, the Secretary of State, the Attorney General of the United States. There is no yet known way to resist zero Click, other than by banning it.
Speaker 1: Well, it's bad enough that they can get that information without a warrant, And I guess the only consolation we have on this is that they wouldn't be able to use information acquired by zero click unless they had a warrant and then use zero click to get the information off of our devices. But the predicate for that would be a warrant. So if they gather information and they endeavored to present it in a court of law, you could move to suppress it on the grounds that they violated our Fourth Amendment rights. But I view that as small consolation.
Speaker 19: Yes, yes, last week, a federal judge in New York suppressed evidence that the FBI acquired under section seven two. Seven two is the section of five, so that it allows warrantless spying on foreign persons and the Americans with whom they communicate, and then it puts all of that in the database and it allows the FBI access to the database. If federal judge ruled that FBI access to that database without a search warrant is a violation of the Fourth Amendments the first time I'm aware of the suppression of any evidence obtained in that way. So maybe things are beginning to turn around, but not if zero click becomes prevalent well.
Speaker 1: In addition to information. And I'm glad you brought that case up because when I saw it. I was hopeful that you and I might have a conversation about it, because we have been waiting and waiting for an opportunity for someone to make that exact argument in court. The problem has been standing or in your particular case, because you know that they've used fives that to spy on you, for example, they haven't tried to use it against you, so you don't have a vehicle to go to court to argue that it's unconstitutional. But I was happy to see that decision. But does that also not point out that there has been a civil rights violation and they could sue the government for a civil rights violation and maybe get some maybe a symbolic compensation for that.
Speaker 19: The short answer is, yes, there are a massive civil rights violations. But again, if they don't attempt to use this evidence against you, you won't even know. The journalists who tried to commence a class action saying we're journalists, we know they're spying on us, and this is a violation of our civil rights. Those cases were thrown out and Supreme Court refused to hear the appeal because they don't have standing. There was no injury in fact as yet, so because of this standing interpretation in the Constitution, the government must actually harm you first before you have the ability to challenge the means by which it acquired the evidence against you. But God only knows what they'll do with zero click. It just boggles my mind. Trump and Widcoff must have just said yes to that without talking to any technical people, because this really really opens up Pandora's box. It opens up the President himself and his closest advisors to being spied upon by Masad, by the FBI whoever has the zero click. Now the zero click is not here yet. I don't believe the and bargo has actually been lifted. He has promised to lift it. Congress should get involved.
Speaker 1: Someone might want to ask Telsey Gabbart about that, your honor anyhow.
Speaker 19: Well, yeah, you know, she continues to befuddle me. I don't know what's going to happen. Her hearing, I believe is Thursday. Yes, she has done a one eighty on many of her protections of privacy. I don't know if that's enough to dissuade Republicans who are big government and in favor of spying from voting against her.
Speaker 1: Well, time will certainly tell and you know, honestly that Masade has this software and it works without anybody knowing it's being used. I mean, they're probably using it right now, you know, just because we aren't using it. They've got the technology. They're probably just tapping into anybody's phone calls and devices that they feel like they want to tap into.
Speaker 15: Well, no doubt.
Speaker 19: I mean from their perspective, it's efficient and inexpensive and flawless. They don't care about the Fourth Amendment.
Speaker 1: They're not they're not subject to it, and therein lies the challenge. Judge Endedapolitano's judging Freedom of the podcast. Got to search for that online, you'll find it. Who you're gonna be talking to today, your honor, Oh.
Speaker 19: I have a professor Jeffrey Sachson, Colonel Douglas McGregor on today, two of my heaviest hitters, as well as Phil Geraldi and Aaron Matey.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 19: And at eleven o'clock this morning Eastern Live from Ukraine, Patrick Lancaster, the independent American journalist who goes right into the belly of the beast. He just got back from KRSK. That's the area of Russia invaded by and still occupied by Ukrainian forces, although the forces are rapidly diminishing in number and effectiveness.
Speaker 1: Yes heard about that yesterday from Daniel Davis, retired Lieutenant colonel. They can't keep the manpower on the front lines and their numbers are diminishing. Not looking very good for Ukraine. It's going to be interesting to see how that is resolved, if it is find Judge Enneda Polatano judging Freedom Online. Judge. Always a real pleasure to have you on the show, my friend. I thoroughly enjoy our conversation.
Speaker 19: Matter what Ingram says, it's a pleasure. I love these Wednesday mornings.
Speaker 1: We always let them know. Take care of my friend. We'll talk next Wednesday. Best of health. Hey forty one, right now, if you have have KARS the Talk station, don't go away. I'll be right back. Fifty five KRC the Talk Station