Speaker 1: Oh redal Tzar oh Red of Hello and welcome to the show. This is the Cult of Conspiracy and I am the Cajun Night and Raven, and today we are going to be taking a little bit of a of a walk through the park into something that dates back to twenty twelve and allegedly never really existed, but also may have been a recruiting ground for one of the big three letter agencies or one of the big hacker groups. For anybody who doesn't know what the hell I'm talking about here today we are going to be talking about Cicada thirty three oh one. Before we get started here, Raven, have you ever heard of Cicada three thirty one?
Speaker 2: I have not. I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Okay, So the overview of this Cicada thirty three oh one was a series of encrypted messages and ciphers and codes and songs that would be sent to people's email addresses, and you had to extrapolate the soundbites from that to find binary codes that you could use as a cipher to decode whatever message you got. Last. Some of these were based out of literary sources. Some of these were based out of you know, geolocations. Then you know, as time went on, there was fourteen locations around the world that you had to go and like scan this QR code. And so it wasn't just you know, nerds in their basement just tapping away on the computer to find these codes. You actually had to get out of your house and go find these things. And that led to another call, not that yeah.
Speaker 2: I've heard about that.
Speaker 3: I heard about the QR codes and people traveling around and like taking photos of them, yeah, and saying like I found this one, here's the next one, and I know about that.
Speaker 2: I never knew there was a name or that it was actually something real.
Speaker 1: And then also if you shared your intel with anyone else, you were kicked from the program. And they didn't know that at first. So basically, these people that were on these online forums and stuff, hey I figured out this code by bap bop, they would receive an email when they got to a certain point saying it's clear that you can't be trusted, so thank you for your participation, but you know, bye, uh it wold. Then you also had to have a working understanding of Mayan numerology of ancient Nordic rooms. Those came up. That's actually the last code that has yet to be deciphered. It's a it's called Liber Primus, and it is a series of Nordic rune runic messages that only I think one out of the twelve has been decoded.
Speaker 2: That's wild. Yeah, I mean, is it like a Mariotti situation?
Speaker 1: What do you mean by that? Because that one's John I'm drawn a blank on Mariotti.
Speaker 3: Marriotti is Sherlock Holmes's arch nemesis.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, like you know, the decoding of all of.
Speaker 1: That well, kind of yes, kind of no. Because along the way, Cicada three thirty one thirty three oh one rather released a message saying who they are, quote unquote, they said that they are comparative to a think tank. They're only looking for the best and the brightest, and they are not doing any kind of illegal acts. And as a matter of fact, they knew who the people were that were making it this far because they're smart, and they were letting them know that if you are somebody who is engaging any legal activities, either stop your shit now or you're no longer continuing. We're not gonna ask questions if you don't want to continue, but understand that we ain't about that kind of shit either. And it's like, so is this like it's crazy weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a show that was released like two years ago, I think on Netflix where they get these like alien tech head like these things that they put over their head and they play these intense games and pretty much like they have to decipher it, and it's like brilliant minds.
Speaker 2: It was nefarious.
Speaker 3: It led into aliens and like taking over the world and all this stuff. But the premise of that was to send stuff to really intelligent people that they knew were intelligent to see who could make it.
Speaker 2: And who couldn't.
Speaker 3: And like they couldn't talk about it with each other either, they didn't and.
Speaker 2: Then when they did they ended up dying. But it's the whole thing.
Speaker 1: But okay, so that might be based off of this. Honestly, now to our knowledge, nobody died allegedly. We don't like it, So.
Speaker 3: Noah is actually cracked it full Like, what happened to the people that did it?
Speaker 2: Are they the prime hackers or who?
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna say nobody cracked it because the bitch of it is if somebody did crack it. They wouldn't have gone public about it. We would never know who they were there, if they did, and if they accepted whatever offer was being extended to them, we would never know their name. Nobody would ever know what they did or how they ended up working for this agency, this think tank, this activist group. Who knows, who knows, But we do know that in twenty seventeen was the last time that a message was sent out from Cicada thirty three to ZHO one. And allegedly no one has deciphered it yet. However, I think that some have and they just can't talk about it. There's tons of speculation, there's tons of theories as to what this was, who this was from, what was the overarching point of it all. You know, some of these people they think, which we're going to actually hear a clip from the Wi Fi I was good old WiFi, I'll shout out. He believes that this was a thing for the government, right, the CIA, the NSA, the FBI, the whatever, to try to find the greatest hacking minds there were. But then when people got to the final endpoint, they realized that that's what it was, and they just decided to stop because they didn't want to work for the government because they were loving the puzzle solving, right, It's like a dopamine hit. And then when they figured out that all this was to get a government job, they're like, nah, I just wanted to decode puzzles, so dip out Like there's tons, there's tons of theories, and none of them are any more or less crazy or stupid than the other, because no one knows.
Speaker 3: What if it's like a breeding ground for aliens, like a type of like super intelligence, and they're picking the best of the best.
Speaker 1: Yo, is this how they're finding the star children?
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe that's maybe how they're doing it.
Speaker 3: They're picking out the best of the brightest, and they're like, you know what, we're far superior than these little measly humans.
Speaker 2: We're just going to take the absolute smartest.
Speaker 1: I mean it could be, it could be, so, you know what, We're just gonna get into it. Aside from us bumping our gums and talking that shit, we are gonna actually start reading some articles, some first hand accounts. We're actually gonna hear from the guy who was the first one to decode the first message, and we're gonna learn more about Cicada thirty three oh one together, good cult members. If you would like to see the articles in the videos that we are gonna be playing on this episode rather than just hear us talk about it, the only place you can go would be too patreon dot com slash Cult Conspiracy Podcasts. When you go there, we have a couple of tiers for entry. If you go to that five dollars a month tier, you will get to see all the articles, all the videos. You'll get these shows a couple of days in advance, sometimes even a week in advance. But probably the main reason why you're gonna go over to Patreon is because it is the only place to get these shows absolutely local fun. That's right.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: Commercials suck. Ads suck, And if you're listening to this on the Apple podcast or the Spotify or the podbean or whatever, you're gonna get bombarded with ads and commercials. Come kick those ads out of here. Come join us. The Patreon dot com slash cult Podcasts. That lowest tiers only five dollars a moth, But if you sign up for that third eye all the way Open tier, you get to join us every Tuesday night for our cult member live show that we host every Tuesday night, nine pm Central, and then we also have the Cult Maniac Tier and if you go there, we actually have a couple of extra add ons that we give Raven Lee if you would give the rundown.
Speaker 3: So I did want to give a quick shout out to a couple of the new Maniac members. Mario, which has been a longtime member of the Cult, he just upgraded this morning.
Speaker 1: Wait Mario ojo are Santoria correspondent.
Speaker 2: Yes he did as of like an hour ago.
Speaker 1: Mario, my boy, Yes, all right, content, And we have.
Speaker 3: A Sunset Chaser which is also upgraded, Sunshine, she upgraded. We have quite a few people that are upgrading to the Maniac because as of right now, you are getting a Maniac Free exclusive T shirt that is going to be shipped into a Maniac package, which also also includes a year's supply of stickers that we your custom making, so about twenty four stickers for every person, so two a month, and we are handpicking them custom designing them.
Speaker 2: Also, you're going to.
Speaker 3: Be able to join the book Club Live that's going to be every week scene with the third I All the Way Open Tier, and you get all the third I all the way open tier exclusive stuff as well, plus behind the scenes and all of that.
Speaker 1: Yes, indeed, so we hope to see you over at Patreon. Good cult members. Without further ado, let's learn more about Cicada thirty three to oh one. All right, so here we have it. This is just a quick Wikipedia read down. We're not going to read the whole article about it, but this will kind of give us a good little a little introduction, okay, and this is the cicada in question. This is the image that started at all So Cicada thirty three oh one is the name given eight sets of puzzles posted under the name thirty three oh one online between twenty twelve and twenty fourteen. The first puzzle started on January fourth, twenty twelve, on four chan. As always, anything of the deep Web has to start on four cham, but don't worry. The dark Web makes its appearance into this. Ancient literature makes its appearance into this. Some would even say occult symbolism, because it was always about achieving enlightenment. We're we're gonna get to it anyway, and it ran for nearly a month. A second round of puzzles began one year and one day later actually in twenty thirteen, and then a third round following the confirmation of a fresh clue posted on Twitter on January fourth, twenty fourteen. The third puzzle remains unsolved. The stated intent was to recruit quote unquote intelligent individuals by presenting a series of puzzles to be solved. No new puzzles were published on January fourth, twenty fifteen. A new clue was posted on Twitter on January fifth, twenty sixteen, and Cicada thirty three oh one posted their last verified open PGP signed message on April or in April twenty seventeen, denying the validity of any unsigned puzzle. So they start using PGP, which stands for pretty Good Protection. Basically it's it's like an IP address, so basically you can verify if this is being sent from the source that it's claiming. Because there was tons of people that were like, uh, it's false. Cicadas that were sending out messages to make people start decoding them in things, but they were very clear, no, no check the PGP like this. If it's not verified, US don't even fuck with it. The puzzles focused heavily on data security, cryptography, steganography, and Internet anonymity. We're gonna talk about what steganography and some of these other things that they used was. It was quite ingenious.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: It has been called the most elaborate and mysterious puzzle of the Internet age, and is listed as one of the top five eeriest unsolved mysteries on the Internet by the Washington Post, and much speculation exists as to its function. Many have speculated that the puzzles are a recruitment tool for the NSA, CIA, m I six, or even the Freemasons or Cybermrcenary Group, which I have to tell you, I'm leaning more towards a cybermercenary group. But we'll get to our own personal theories towards the end. Others have stated Cicada thirty three oh one is an alternate reality game, although no company or individual has attempted to monetize it. Yeah, there's nobody benefited from this. They were never selling anything. It was about seeing if you were smart enough to figure it. I mean, who's to say, right anyway, So, the stated purpose of the puzzles each year was to recruit highly intelligent individuals, although the ultimate purpose remains unknown. Theories have included claims that Cicada thirty three oh one is a secret society with the goal of improving cryptography, privacy and anonymity, or that it is a cult or religion. According to statements of several people who won the twenty twelve puzzle, thirty three oh one typically uses non puzzle based recruiting methods, but created the Cicada puzzle because they were looking for potential members with cryptography and computer security skills. So we're going to get into some of the more in depth looks at all of this. This article is from The Guardian as a matter of fact, and it talks about the person who tried and had failed to actually break the code here Cicada thirty three oh one. I tried the hardest puzzle on the Internet and failed spectacularly. On screen right now you'll see some Nordic runes, some in red, some in black, in the Cicada. It might seem a little weird, but this is actually part of a puzzle, and this is if I'm not mistaken, it's part of the puzzle that has not been solved to this day, so no one knows who sets it up up sets it or what the prize is at the end. But Cicada thirty three oh one is back for its third year and the internet has gone wild. So this was actually posted. Where's the date on this one? I just want to see if it's a if this person did it relatively recently or not, And I see nothing.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be on your left hand side at the top.
Speaker 1: I've seen it. I'm a little retarded. It's okay, all right. So this is in twenty fourteen, okaynos.
Speaker 2: More than twelve years ago. That is what it said.
Speaker 1: So this is back when Cicada was like, it just released, it's its latest, so this was current to the time. So let's get into it here. The hardest puzzle on the Internet is not perhaps something to be attempted on whim during a quiet January afternoon, But ever since I first heard of Cicada thirty three oh one, a mysterious event somewhere in the intersect of a game, a competition, and a job interview, I wanted to test my metal. It couldn't be that hard, right wrong. Cicada thirty three oh one first appeared in January twenty twelve, with the picture posted on four Chan the notorious message board which has given birth to everything from log cats to Anonymous. Yeah, we're talking about the q Andon people, which some believe. That's also what Cicada thirty three to old one was. They were looking for recruits for QAnon. I don't know, we're gonna we're gonna talk, We're gonna get there anyway.
Speaker 2: That's interesting.
Speaker 1: I mean, the Anonymous hacker group allegedly has no ties to QAnon, even though there's a lot of blatant ties. But we'll get to all of it. Who knows, it's all speculation at this point. In white text on a black background, the post a message read Hello, we are looking for highly intelligent individuals. To find them, we have devised the test. There is a message hidden in this image. Find it and it will lead you on the road to finding us. We look forward to meeting the feud that make it all the way through. Good luck thirty three oh one. Every one of their messages was signed thirty three oh one at the end. So whenever you went in and you found the code and you did the things, this image would pop up. It was a duck and it said whoops, just decoys. This way looks like you can't guess how to get the message out. Now, here's the deal. Within this message, within this image, there is a code. Out guess is a software program that you can use to decode things. But unless you knew that, or at least it knew that that was what they were trying to go here, you would have thought, oh god, what is this? And I remember seeing this image and everybody's like, it's the purple thing behind the wing. That's the clue. It's got to be No. Out guests was the clue, and you were supposed to take this image to go to out guests and go from there. But anyway, let's continue. That message led to a series of puzzles, each harder than the last. The first few were just about as solvable as a canny individual working alone, requiring little more than mild coding ability and wordplayed to get passed, but as participants fell deeper into the rabbit hole, the references became less obvious. One clue involved a poem from a collection of medieval Welsh manuscripts. Another a quote from a William Gibson book which was only released on a three point five inch floppies. Yeah, you had to go and find a floppy disc of this book from William Gibson to find the code within the paragraphs to decode the message.
Speaker 3: I love really hard puzzles and I'm not gonna lie to you. I'm like, wooh, I'm super intrigued.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's a lot of the answers that are publicly known online, but the third series have not been solved so ravenly. If you want to get after it, who knows.
Speaker 3: I don't think that I'm a brilliant mind to be able to get after it. I don't think I'm smart enough for all of that. But yourself, I do love me some really hard puzzles, and I love to do the whole you know, here go, here go. Hear chasings down. They're always so fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah they are. I just if I had any kind of background in coding, I might fuck with it, But I boy with what time? You know? Seriously, yeah, I know. Cooperating on chatrooms and message boards, a growing collection of puzzle solvers broke the codes one by one. When the game moved into the real world, a series of GPS coordinates were posted, leading to QR codes attached to lamp posts over five different nations. From Poland to Austria. It was clear that no single could hope to solve everything, but as quickly as the cooperation was encouraged, it was snuffed out. The final puzzle directed players to an address for a website on tour. Yes, that would be the Dark Internet. We're going on to now the anonymous browser now best known for its use by the Silkrow black market. But only the fastest movers got to see what was on this page. It was shortly blanked and replaced with a statement we want the best, not the followers. For those deemed followers, Cicada was over. So it's like, and I don't know the actual numbers here, if it was like the first five hundred people to get to that website and then five ozho one the website was shut down, and so it was, and then if you shared whatever was on that website, you were kicked out and they would send you an email basically thanking you for your time. Wild things. So now let's get into the repetition here. Then, on January fifth, twenty thirteen, one year and one day later after the first, a new image was uploaded onto four chan's b message board, saying hello again. Our search for intelligent individuals now continues. Again, this image led to a series of puzzles. Again, the puzzles eventually point to locations in the real world, and again the trail was abruptly closed off to all but the best players. Those who failed two years in a row had no choice but to wait and hope the pattern would repeat itself. It did. This year's puzzle began slightly different. Rather than an image posted on four cham, a Twitter feed which had been involved in the twenty thirteen's hunt sprang to life again, sharing yet another image of white text on a black background, albeit one with more gnomic text than ever before. Says, Hello, epiphany is upon you. Your pilgrimage has begun. Enlightenment awaits now. You see how it's kind of dipping into some of the more occult themes, the spiritual things, you know.
Speaker 2: Hey, okay, okay, all.
Speaker 1: Right, so h This is when the author actually decided to jump in here. It says this year, I tried to join the hunt. So far it hasn't gone well. I at least appreciate the author's honesty, like, oh yeah, man, I'm figuring it out. No, I'm gonna be honest I can't figure this shit. This is weird.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's fair, it doesn't. It definitely looks interesting because there's a lot of coded stuff.
Speaker 2: I looked up the different various codes for it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's interesting because I'm uh, because there's actually I don't know, you probably saw this, but there is a new revised to KADA three thirty one group that's actually a ransom group for a double ended ransom group that they've apparently already hit like twenty one companies as of twenty twenty four, five large companies excuse me, twenty one large companies, five smaller companies. They're apparently they're using the term that they actually call themselves, the Kada three thirty one.
Speaker 1: Okay, so if there's an article, pull that up, because we're gonna need to talk about We're gonna to talk about that towards the end, because I don't know how many of those are phonies and how many of those are the actual Cicada group, because who's to say one way or another.
Speaker 3: Well, they said that it's a spin off from the group itself, but they they're using that name as their actual group to beet a ransom group.
Speaker 2: They're using ransom software that's online.
Speaker 1: So I haven't looked into what the group is up to today because I'm just looking at from twenty twelve to twenty seventeen, what they did, how they did it in this kind of thing. If there's some modern things that are going on with it. Yeah, we're going to talk about that one towards the end. Oh my god, all right, so back to what we were talking about. It says, in fact, it could have been stated or I'm sorry, In fact, it couldn't have started any worse is when he was trying to decipher it in twenty fourteen. There are two messages buried in the image file. The first is easy enough to get. The black image isn't actually pure black. Instead, it's very dark gray, and he is the image of the cicada. A couple of seconds messing at the color levels and photoshop and it made it visible. So this was the original image, and once you messed around with photoshop a little bit, you were able to see the cicada. Okay, cool, So that was like the first bit on here. Unfortunately, the actually important message was harder to get. As with the previous two years, the image included text hidden with steganography, a technique which lets users bury information in seemingly innocuous files. To get the information out, require me to use a program called out guests. To install out Guests, I need to compile the program from the source. To do that, I need to install x code, the MACOSX developer tools. Create a new command line project based on the source code I downloaded, reconfigure the program for Mac, deal with the dependency issues, build it, and then run it from the terminal. This is to do the first that was a lot. That was.
Speaker 2: A lot. You No, I'm not smart enough, you.
Speaker 1: See what I'm saying. And I know, for like tech people, they're gonna be like, oh, well.
Speaker 3: That's somebody though, yeah, I know somebody that could do this, But I really do.
Speaker 1: I mean that person that you know might have already done this and got to the end of the yellow brick road and was like, yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 3: Doing that, to be fair, he works, he works deep in the government now and like none of us have heard from him for a hot minute.
Speaker 2: But shit, like he's really really smart.
Speaker 3: So he was actually a coder and did like all that stuff and calm in the Marine Corps and then he got out, well, he got approached to do stuff with the government, and then he got out, and like last I heard from him, he was like, yeah, I got this position like super high up in doing like decoding and codes and all this stuff in the government. And I'm like, to be fair, he is crazy intelligent, Like, oh, you know he is, and so I don't doubt that he could solve this puzzle. He actually is the one of the ones that showed me the dark Web and like how to get to it and do all this stuff. And he's like, oh, yeah, you go here in this code, in this code, and I'm like, you know, oh, I'm smart in some ways.
Speaker 2: But like.
Speaker 1: Smart, I didn't think i'd ever have to ask you this question, But just serious, now, do you think your boy might be a Cicada boy?
Speaker 3: If I was to guess of any any person I know, which I know some pretty intelligent people, I would say that he is probably one of the people that could have if he didn't hear about it, I know he probably heard about it. Honestly, he probably solved it if I was a guess.
Speaker 2: He is so.
Speaker 3: Smart, but very very quiet. The most timid, quiet person hardly says a word to anybody. But when it comes to computer stuff, oh my god, there's like no one I know that's better than that.
Speaker 2: So if I was to guess, I believe that he would be one.
Speaker 1: Damn okay, Raven might actually have a plug into Cicada. Who knew. But you see what I'm saying, like off of that first image, the whole the whoops, I guess you have to do something to figure it out. You had to know that. What they meant was, oh, you got to go to out guests, which, like most people is never going to know what guess is, They're never gonna know to download that and then all this other stuff that was just listed out, install x code, go to the developer tools, compare it or do the discrepancies for Mac and all that. Like this to a tech person, oh yeah, I could bust that out in my ten minutes, no problem. D For regular people like you and I and most of our cult members were like, I'm sorry, that was a whole lot of gibberation. It sounded real tech knowlogy, and there's that you know. So all right, So maybe.
Speaker 3: If someone had showed me and like taught me how to do this stuff, Okay, I could probably once I learned, I could probably know it, But just to know it out the gate, no, So.
Speaker 1: I like how the author is a normal person, he said. What I actually do is been the better part of an hour clicking around in x code, desperately trying to find a magic button to click which will make everything work without requiring me to learn how to code in an afternoon. There is no such button. This may be harder than I thought. I appreciate the realness, honestly, out of desperation, I turned to the community. Apparently I'm a few days behind the curve. They've already extracted the text and solved the puzzle. As I look at the solution, my hope begins to melt. It's really mind boggling, ob twose a mind bogglingly obtuse. Okay, So here was the solution. The text, which can be extracted from the image is split into three parts. The third is just a signature proof that the image really does come from Cicada and that it isn't it hasn't been tampered with. But above it is the next step of the puzzle. The first part reads like a poem. I'm gonna I'm gonna do my best to read this and make it sound like it's from them, but hear me out the work of a private man who wished to be transcend, or who wished to transcend he trusted himself to produce from within. That's followed by a series of numbers separated by colon's one, colon two, colon three, colon one, slash three, colon three, colon thirteen, colon five, slash forty five, colon five, colon two, colon three, and so on cat with the word dot onion. That last bit means that the solution, when found, will be the URL to another website on tour, following the pattern of the previous year. So once again you gotta go to the dark web. So even after you do all of these other things, you're gonna have to go to a tour browser just to go to the next step. So I don't know what the uh, what the sourcing means, what the code, the symbolisms, the sequencing. I have no idea, but apparently people were easy.
Speaker 3: Do you think it retains later to like the other messages?
Speaker 2: Later on? Do they stack onto each other?
Speaker 1: Some did, okay, some did, some didn't. Some of them. Basically once you figured out the code and you were onto the next one. Like later on they bring up a Holy Grail and an image of King Arthur that you have to like squinch down and turn into one of those like seeing eye pictures to see a thing, and so like, this code has nothing to do with King Arthur or the Holy Grail. Later when they bring up Tiberius Julius Caesar, there's a connection between him and King Arthur that people have to make that comparison. And it's like, I wait what, and it's it's all over the place.
Speaker 3: It's all so I don't believe that this is a just random stuff like the code that's a code for it in and of itself.
Speaker 2: Now I'm intrigued.
Speaker 3: Now you got my mind thinking this is years ago and I'm over here like I want.
Speaker 2: To solve it.
Speaker 1: Well, as always.
Speaker 2: I'm not smart about codes, but like.
Speaker 1: As a time of recording, this was almost nine years ago when the last message was sent out. But we're gonna get to it all because some people say that it just that's all it was was a big game, a big Internet game. Some say this was absolutely like a job fare for those that knew what to.
Speaker 2: Do a lot of work though for just a game.
Speaker 1: And nobody made money off of it. None of it was monetized. There was no commercials, no ads, no nothing for that much work for no yield. I'm I don't believe that this was just for the fuck of it.
Speaker 3: Does anybody know if people like actually survived though it got to like the inn levels, I.
Speaker 1: Wonder some some but the last clues still have not been solved to this day, allegedly allegedly because if they were solved, we would never know about it because the first person that comes forward and says, I did it, Cekada's going to shut them down immediately. So like, we don't know. So let's get back to the code here. So how is it solved? The numbers give a clue. The code probably involves a book. That format is a relatively known way of using a book as a key to a code. The first digit is the paragraph, the second is the sentence, the third is the word, and the fourth letter the fourth is the letter. But which book? So this is called a Caesar cipher by the way. And as a matter of fact, there was a code or excuse me, a treasure map that was used for this. Have you ever heard of the Beal ciphers.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: The bial ciphers are three pages which basically tells where the location of forty three million dollars somewhere in is it Butler, Virginia, but so Bedford County, excuse me, somewhere in Bedford County, Virginia. There's forty three million dollars worth of gold and silver and all these things buried, and the location of these things are in these encrypted images. Right now, here's the deal. This is what it looks like. And apparently the second page was decoded using the Decoration of Independence, so the Declaration of Independence was used in the same way that those numbers were. This is the paragraph, this is the line, this is the word, and this is the letter. And from that you're able to take and figure out the location of the gold, or so they say. Anyway, but we don't know what number one and number three of the Beal ciphers are actually entailing. Number two is the only one that's ever been decoded, and they knew that that was supposed to be used from the Decoration of Independence. We have no idea what document or what book. Number one and number three was supposed to be decoded from. So there are other ciphers and other maps that have been used in a very similar fashion. So whenever you see these numbers, so this is page one, paragraph two, word three, and then the first letter of that word. So from that you're able to take this and figure out which book right. So let's read this here It says your help is greatly appreciated, but please use as many headings as you can to break long documents in smaller chunks. By placing a section under headings two, it gets its own edit button next to heading, thus making it easier to edit. Try to put new header eight height of one screen. You can edit only smaller chunks without having code of whole document on one screen. It also prevents collisions since many authors can edit text under different headers at the same time. Also, keep in code form all strings we got from outguests so they are searchable in Wilder. I think that's how it's kind of blurry as far as these words concerned. Also, don't delete multiple links to same pacete. Those paces are not forever. We need them as backups. Keep as many different links. Paste bind pasty info toom and in Wikia as possible. Also, do not delete things that might be possible hents for next step, even if they do not seem important at the moment, they may be relevant later. Thanks to everyone for contributing. So this is basically the Circado wiki, right, they had people that at this time, we're still trying to share information to find the clues later on, whenever it was revealed that like, no, that'll work for a point, like working together is going to be a critical thing for this, and then yeah, no more working together. We need to know if you're trustworthy as an individual.
Speaker 2: So okay, based off of still round one, correct, this is.
Speaker 1: I think this is round two. This so this article is from twenty fourteen, so actually no, no, this was Yeah, this was round three. So round one was in twenty twelve, Round two was in twenty thirteen, and round three was in twenty fourteen. Okay, and that's only been there's only been three rounds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it I was kind of like looking at where they had to go and stuff like that, and it was interesting because they had to go. So when the clock hit zero, they had gotten GPS coordinations for Warsaw, Paris, Soul, Sydney, Seattle, and New Orleans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so that was another thing. New Orleans was on that list, which was very interesting for a lot of things. And if you look at those cities individually, there's some that could it be government things, possibly, could it be occult things possibly, Like there's there's no they had to.
Speaker 3: Physically travel to each location, which is wild that they sent them on a wild goose chase pretty much.
Speaker 1: And I don't know how many of you have ever used that long to find a specific point. So me and my friends used to do something called geocaching. You know what that is.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Geocash is a website where you go and there's geocash locations all over the world, right and they give you the grid coordinates to go and find things. National parks have a lot of them as a matter of fact, and it will tell you, you know where to go, look up in this tree or under this rock, or whatever the case, and you'll find typically like an ammocam or something that is sealed to where moisture can't get in, and you're supposed to leave something. You're supposed to take something and leave something. It's usually like a toy, a challenge coin, maybe money, or whatever the case would be here's the deal. I don't know how many people have actually used like grid coordinates to find a specific location. Whenever human error is a thing, it is not so easy. So whenever you're giving somebody some sort of a latitude and longitude for the city of New Orleans bro on which city block that might actually be, is insane. And so these people were just they had to figure it out.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So I'm gonna read really quick this thing though, because it actually all the images led together to lead to.
Speaker 2: The Book of the Dead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because which.
Speaker 2: Led to a Tora website. So everybody kind.
Speaker 3: Of ran to these websites, ran to the coordinates, and they took photos, and everybody used it together to upload into this image host that was like eight four five one four five one two seven dot com dot and inside that the solvers found a reference to the Book of the Dead, which led them to a tora a website.
Speaker 2: And then the first visitors of the website apparently.
Speaker 3: Got recruited, and those who got who got there later saw message that said we wanted the best, not the followers. It's the CAD's way of filtering out the copycats. Yeah, and this website is really interesting. Here that shows all the different stuff with it. So I didn't realize when you said it was runic thing. It's fifty eight pages of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna pull them up here in a minute. I have them. And it's unless you can read Nordic ruins and then extrapolate whatever code that you're supposed to be able to get from this, you're you're just shit out of luck. But yeah, they brought in the Book of the Dead things from Julius Caesar, the King Arthur, like all of these things are brought in as well as being a tech nerd enough to be able to use code, and they had.
Speaker 3: To be a historian as well and be able to and be able to decipher all these things.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Mayan numbers. Mayan numbers were used at a certain point as a source code, like how many how many people walking the earth right now know what the fuck Mayan numbers look like.
Speaker 3: It's maybe maybe they use this to help develop the advanced versions of AI very you know.
Speaker 1: Hold on and say save all possibilities towards the end, because like you just said, they brought up I know it's there's no crazy ideas, right, And it says that the these people were recruited. They don't know that. They're assuming that whoever was able to debunk this code or whatever the case, was recruited. But then even if you got the recruitment email, there's no guarantee that these people actually took the job offer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, apparently they actually sent out the recruitment message congratulations. Please create a new email address with a public, free web based service once you've never used before, one you've never used before, and entered it below. We recommend you do this while still using Tora for anonymity. We will email you a number within the next few days, in order in the order in which you arrived at the page. Once you've received it, come back to this page and append a slash, and then the number you received to this URL. For example, if you received and it gives a massive number, then you will go to http slash and then it gives this whole website and its signed thirty three Toho one.
Speaker 2: So that's the second round of people.
Speaker 1: And again let's say they did it. Let's say the first hundred, the first five, the first thousand, who knows went to that website, did all the things, and then it was a job off from the CIA and they were like, yeah, no, I don't want to work for the CIA, and they dipped out. Maybe that's why they had so many rounds of this.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't think it. I don't think it's that. I think it's something something else.
Speaker 1: It may have been QAnon, it may have been a activist group, it might have been online mercenaries. Like who's to say one way or another, but yeah, we're gonna continue. But it gets wilder the more you look into it, and the amount of work that was associated with solving these puzzles. So once you do the cipher and you find the actual source code of what you're supposed to be deciphering, here the answers contain in a poem sort of. It's like the most frustrating cryptic crossword ever, with no conventions, no help as it to length, no way of checking whether you've got the right answer beyond seeing whether the URL works. The answer, apparently is American author Ralph Waldo Emerson's essay Self Reliance. Here's the community's explanation as to why direct quote here poem references Transcendentalism right. Emerson is a noted Transcendentalist author, he trusted himself refers to trust thine self, which is a theme throughout self reliance as it or as is producing from with them. I do not think I would have gotten that on my own, says the author. So the community, there's only been one trustworthy piece of information as to who lies behind Cicada. It comes from an email leaked by one of the quote unquote winners of the twenty twelve challenge. It's impossible to verify fully because the leaker was forced to remove the signature to keep their identity secret, but others who receive the same email indicated that the contents were legitimate. This is a direct quote you'll have You have all wondered who we are. It reads in part, and so we shall now tell you. We are an international group. We have no name, we have no symbol, we have no membership roster, we do not have a public website, and we do not advertise ourselves. We are a group of individuals who have proven ourselves much like you have by completing this recruitment contest, and we are drawn together by common beliefs. A careful reading of the text used in this context would have revealed some of the of these beliefs that tyranny and oppression of any kind must end, that censorship is wrong, and that privacy is an inalienable right. That doesn't give much. Yeah, however, it does sound very much like the anonymous hacker group, right, and other hacker mercenary groups that have come forward. So this is the Cicada puzzle that you're supposed to be able to put into a source code and get that out. Okay, yeah again, I'm if I was smart enough and new tech enough would be down. But boyl boy, I'm.
Speaker 3: Trying to remember for life in me. It's a it's called gosh, it's Atlas. It's Atlas something where they recruit and take all the smartest to uh, pretty much their.
Speaker 2: Own utopia Atlas.
Speaker 1: No, it's up North.
Speaker 2: No, it's a movie. There's three of them.
Speaker 3: They're great, but pretty much so what starts happening is the elite, like the smartest of the smart start disappearing.
Speaker 1: It's not Atlas, shrug.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: The book about the Railroad.
Speaker 3: Is yes, it is, yeah, yeah, And they take and they take all the elites and they take them to this like utopian place. And I always loved that series because I thought it was super fascinating.
Speaker 2: It sounds just like that, though the book is wild.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen the series that was based off of it, but the book itself, it's like it's about the global elites and oppression all these things, but it's like it's it's under the veil of railroad companies vie for power and shit. But yeah, anyway, anyway, so moving on, it says it seems unbelievable, but the number of other possibilities is fast shrinking. At the end of the first Cicada, it was possible that the whole thing was a game or a publicity stunt. For the launch of Halo two, Microsoft did something very similar, launching an alternate reality game called I Love Bees. Some of you that were alive and was popping off at that time might remember it, but neither here nor there. But that game ran for just three months before it ended with an invitation to play the game. Cicada is now on its third year, and again, this was in twenty fourteen. Similarly, the security services have been known to recruit through puzzles and games, but when GCHQ invited people to solve a code to get a job, they did so on a site plastered with their branding, and it begs beggars belief that they or the NSA would seriously start a hunt for spies on four Chan. I hear that, But also so, if you're looking for hackers who have a certain type of belief system and understand the internet and mean culture to that level, where else would you recruit from? That's just me But okay, okay. At the same time, Takeda must be the work of more than one person with some hefty resources. So far, physical artifacts from the group have appeared in eight nations and eleven US states. It has brought phone numbers, paid for server up time, and offered something to the winners, which has earned their silence. So now last chance. I decided to have one last try it solving a puzzle. To stave off temptation to cheat, I would try to solve the most recent cipher, a seventy character code reading I'm not going to read. It's a bunch of letters and numbers beside the point which has been found by combining two previously discovered answers. Eavesdropping on the chat channel, I see someone point out that the Enigma code was formatted in the same way. They link to an Enigma simulator and I gave it a go. The most common version of the Enigma has a key of four letters, so there is a little less than half a million combinations. Yeah, that's that works. After half an hour of trying to every four letter phrase I could think of, that's a CADO may have picked based on every previous clue. I gave up and go to bed. In the morning. When I check again, the puzzle has been solved. Involved putting the letters into thirteen columns and shuffling the order around until a legible sentence appeared. The enigma theory does not even warrant a mention. The answers leads to another dark website with another image and more puzzles, which remains incomprehensible to me. When I leave the chat room, they are discussing a large chunk of data found between two images and yet another dark website. I gave it a go and do the G two crossword instead. So this is the uh, this is a hold on this is an article on it, but anyway, so that's pretty much the end of the Guardian article. This guy tried in twenty fourteen and it was way beyond his comprehension, which for record, I get there. There's no shame behind most of us, and which that was the point. This was not something that they wanted millions of people shooting their shot in. They wanted you, if you were going to try to make it into Cicada, they wanted to know that you knew what the hell you were doing and able to think outside of the box, outside of the web, into the real world, into ancient texts, into decoding the unknown. It was everything all at once.
Speaker 3: I wonder if the links still work. I wonder if this is still an active thing. It is not, well, go back to it. It's not, it is not.
Speaker 1: So all of what we have right now are basically screenshots and things that Cicada is okay with the world knowing about the final level, which we're going to get to the ruins and shit, that's it. Beyond that, it's all speculation. Did these people receive that congratulations email? Was that all made up? How can we verify if it's real or not? Like it's it's that's it, And they haven't re opened it again. So there were three rounds and that was it. They have not done another round. They did, and we talked about that. In twenty seventeen, they released a statement. Ever since twenty seventeen, everything's been silent.
Speaker 2: Hmm. It's strange.
Speaker 1: It's very strange. So now let's talk about the guy who actually was the first one to solve the first cicada in twenty twelve. This dude who uh wait, Oh no, no, no, that's the next article. Excuse me, this is the guy. This is the first dude to solve the first Cicada cipher. But we're gonna get to him here in a moment. But anyway, there's another article talking about it, and this is actually from April of last year. So the unsolved mystery Cicada thirty three oh one cipher, let's get into it here. The Internet has been home to countless cryptic puzzles, but fewer have sparked as much intrigue and speculation as Cicada thirty three oh one. This mysterious organization emerged in twenty twelve, posting an elaborate puzzle that sent thousands of solvers on a global scavenger hunt involving advanced cryptography staganography, which is hidden messages within images and sounds, and real World Treasure hunts. Over the years, multiple challenges appeared, leading participants through an intricate maze of hidden messages and complex ciphers. But was the ultimate goal of Cicada thirty three to oh one? Who was behind it? And why did it suddenly vanish? To this day, no definite answer exists, leaving Cicada thirty three oh one is one of the most intriguing unsolved mysteries of the Internet. So let's get into it here. We talked about this on January fourth, twenty twelve, and anonymous black and white image appeared on four chance b message board with the following text, and we talked about this. As participants developed deeper, they encountered a variety of challenges requiring expertise in cryptography, staganography, classical literature, programming in cybersecurity, and geographic location decoding. So when we talk about the cryptography, a Caesar cipher is a version of this, which is probably the most base line that you can get. So I'll give you an example of this. So let's say that I was to give you a letter, like I handwrote a letter to you, and it's not words. There's a letters that would form words but none of them actually make sense. And I told you that there's a Caesar cipher on this with a plus four variable, so A would become d, b would become e. Right, So you take whatever letter it is, add four and when you get to the end of the alphabet you wrap around again. This is the very baseline of a code. As far as that goes, right, it's very easy to decipher as long as you have the key if it's a plus four, a plus ten, whatever the case would be, or a minus for that matter. But they got into some source code shit that I I've never even heard of some of these things, for instance, So we talked about the Beel ciphers, right, that's just number code. The Veneer Visioneer cipher is another one. It's it's Egypt, It's it may no goddamn sense to me. I watched videos, you know what. Let's see pulling up the images, so you have to basically see it makes words in a diagonal way, a left right way or right to left way, and you have to use code like this to debunk it. Basically.
Speaker 2: Huh, I'm not gonna lie to you. I probably would. I probably would do these.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 3: I just I love I love doing all the codes and all of that stuff.
Speaker 1: So you see this one right here, this at the bottom lx fo p v e f r n h R. Then whenever you pullic it into a key stream, it comes out as lemon lemonal, which the key is lemon, and then you use that to decode this and it actually says attack it dawn.
Speaker 2: Okay, that'd be really fun. I'm not gonna lie it is.
Speaker 1: It's really cool. But my point is, unless you knew that that was what was asked of your way, you would never you would be plug and this into some sort of a data bank. You'd be trying to figure out what a coat like I just said, a couple of letters this way, a couple letters that way. It would take you fucking forever. But these people knew what time it was, and so they went hard with it. And like I said, as Caesar show.
Speaker 2: How do people learn this stuff?
Speaker 3: That's what I've always wondered, Where do they learn this stuff from?
Speaker 1: These are just people that get down on puzzles. And I don't mean like a ten thousand piece puzzle like a jigsaw. No, No, this is this is real brain power. Sudoku is like actually third three year old levels for these people. Oh yeah, like it's it's.
Speaker 2: I do like that, but you know, I'm not smart enough for this for sure, but she is.
Speaker 3: So it is so cool though really to think of like how these things were created. But how would you even find this stuff out? As what I'm curious about? But I mean even with my friend, like he just knew shit, right, I was like, don't you see the patterns? Is what he would always say, Well, there's patterns to it all. I don't know what you're talking about, but I'm glad that you see them.
Speaker 1: But that's my point. They were looking for people who their brain operates on this wavelength. This was not for your average Joe who's punching his nine to five o clock and just comes home and watches the football game and drinks a six pack every day. That person is not even in this conversation, right. This was for people whose brains operate on borderline weaponized autism, which is fine, yeah, but yeah, so anyway, the steganography, like I said, is hidden messages within images and sounds like whenever you would take that image and you play with the font and you play with the color a little bit and it shows the cicada. That's baseline. Later on they discovered that you had to find three and I'm sure it's gonna be brought up here in a minute. There was like three numbers that you would need off of this image. Thirty three zho one was one of them, and that was it, and it was the black and white image. Where's the other numbers? Is it in the lettering? Is it in the cicada itself? What's up? No, it was in the pixels for this way and this way. It was like five thirteen and five nineteen pixels that were both prime numbers, and so is thirty three oh one. These prime numbers plugged into their algorithm and their shit gave you an answer that would lead to another question, another puzzle, another clue. It's like, what the hell?
Speaker 3: So you sure aliens didn't create this, like they weren't like looking for the smartest maybe, right, That's a lot of work.
Speaker 1: That is not even the craziest thing that has been proposed as far as what this is? Alien? Fuck? Why not?
Speaker 3: Man, I'm truly down to learn more about this. I'm very intrigued. My brain's just like.
Speaker 1: Ooh, let's get more into it here, the puzzle is not confined to the digital world. As solvers progressed, Cicada thirty three oh one left physical clues in locations worldwide, including the United States, Spain, Port, Poland, South Korea and Australia. QR codes were posted its specific coordinates, sending participants further down the rabbit hole. So let's talk about the evolution of this. From twenty twelve to twenty fourteen, Cicada thirty three oh one released three major puzzle events in January of twenty twelve, twenty thirteen, and twenty fourteen. Every year the challenges became more advanced, drawing in thousands of solvers around the world. I would argue probably hundreds, but all right. In the twenty twelve puzzle right, The first puzzle began with the now famous image posted on four CHAM. It guided solvers through digital clues, encryption techniques, and even real world locations. Those who made it to the end reportedly received an email from Cicada confirming that they had reached the final stage. What happened after that remains unknown, as those selected were likely instructed to remain silent, which that checks out right. The twenty thirteen puzzle. A year latest, Akida launched a new puzzle with a similar format, but this time it featured more complex cryptographic tasks. It required deeper knowledge of mathematics, programming, and historical references. Like the first puzzle, it ended quietly with no public announcement or verified outcome. Then the twenty fourteen puzzle. The third puzzle, introduced something new, the Liber Primus, a book written entirely runic characters. Some pages have been decoded, revealing philosophical messages in riddles, but large portions remain unsolved. Many people believe that Liber Primus holds the final key to understanding Cicada thirty three to OHO one's true purpose. After twenty fourteen, no new verified puzzles were released by Cicada, apart from a disputed message in twenty sixteen warning of impostors. The group went silent, leaving the mystery open and unfinished. So the thirty three toh one cipher puzzles UH puzzles were incredibly complex, drawing on cryptography, literature, and advanced problem solving techniques. Each step required deep knowledge of encryption, coding, and historical text. Here's the breakdown of some of the key puzzle elements, so steganography hidden messages in images. One of the earliest puzzles used steganography, the practice of concealing information within images. The first clue a black and white image posted on four Chan containing contained text hidden in its code. Solvers used steganoography tools like outguests, a universal free software that conceals information in the redundant bits of data sources such as images, to extract a message leading to a cryptic URL. This technique appears repeatedly throughout the puzzle series, often hidden or hiding encoded instructions within seemingly ordinary images. So you needed the out guests to even begin to solve this shit.
Speaker 2: And so that's crazy.
Speaker 3: So I looked up if there was any missing people during twenty fourteen that were of like genius level. Several notable figures various fields went reported or unaccounted for during that year. Also, there were artists and intellectuals of a high caliber that went missing under mysterious circumstances, sparking public interest during twenty fourteen.
Speaker 1: But that's the other thing. If it was an artist, they would have to have this level of know how, and by artists, I understand we're not talking about just paint, not just music, not just digital art, all the above. I feel like most if you were saying like genius level people, okay, that could be. But even like I'm throwing this name out, I know people feel some type way about him. Neil deGrasse Tyson couldn't figure this shit out. So it's like because he's a genius of a different type of breed, of a different category, if you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I mean maybe maybe they Actually you never know what people like to do in their hobby time, and artists see a lot of different types of artists, see different flows and patterns of things.
Speaker 2: Maybe they knew. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just looked up though, like genius people and intellectual people, and a good number of them went missing in twenty fourteen.
Speaker 1: So from twenty twelve to twenty fourteen, just to record, I did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I just looked up in twenty fourteen and when the last one was done, because if they didn't go missing, they had to finish all three puzzles. So if they finished the third puzzle and they potentially went missing, yeah, now.
Speaker 1: We're gonna to get into the shit that makes regular people's brains melts a little bit myself included cryptographic challenges. Cryptographic challenges. The puzzles incorporated multiple encryption methods requiring advanced cry cryptographic knowledge Jesus Christ. Some of the key techniques include Caesar ciphers, which we just talked about a moment ago, right, a basic form of encryption where each letter is shifted a fixed number of places in the alphabet. For example, A might become D with a shift of three. I said four earlier. That'd be a three. Excuse me. Many solvers used online Caesar cipher decoders to help crack these codes. Now there's RSA and PGP encryption. Both are types of public key cryptography used to encrypt and decrypt messages securely. RSA is widely used encryption algorithm, while PGP, which stands for pretty Good Privacy, allows people to send encrypted messages that only the intended recipient can read. Their use in the puzzle suggests a strong focus on privacy and secure communication. Okay. Modular arithmetic a math concept used in many encryption systems where numbers wrap around after reaching a certain value. It helps solvers decode hidden patterns and solve numerical clues. It sounds easy until you see one of them and you're like, okay, what do you mean? It wraps around, Like basically, you're solving for this equation, and every time a seven is written out, you start over as far as the linear code is concerned, and you continue working the same math problem, but now everything has new denominations behind it. And then when it hits a seven again, right, then there's prime prime number sequences. Prime numbers numbers only divisible by one in themselves appeared repeatedly in the puzzles. They were often used to hide messages or form the backbone of certain clues. Then we get to hashes and Base four encode or Base sixty four encoding. Many clues were encoded in Base sixty four, a method of encoding data into text. Others use cryptographic hashes, which are unique strings created to or from input data. May includes harder to reverse engineer without the right key. And that was the bitch of it. You didn't know if any let's say that this math thing took up like three whole pages. Let's hypothetically you're right now with pen and paper. You wouldn't know if it was wrong until the very end when you tried to go to a certain url and it wasn't there then, and you wouldn't know at what point you fucked up your math. You would have to go back to the beginning, because it's like a one degree difference here might be a four hundred degree difference in an hour. So you you actually don't know where you're at. So only the people that were like of.
Speaker 3: That mind, oh, to the people you have provo to every person that solved this, like real shit, that's pretty badass.
Speaker 1: It is. And then on top of all of this, on top of being able to decode poems, on top of being able to do mathmath, encryptions, and all of these things, you also had to have a classical and esoteric literature background. A distinct feature of Cicada thirty three zero one's puzzles was the heavy use of literature, philosophy, and historical references. Clues frequently included passages from William Blake's poetry, particularly The Marriage of Heaven and Hell, which deals with duality and enlightenment. Alistair Crowley's The Book of Law, a cryptic occult text that emphasizes individual will and secret knowledge. The Voynage manuscript and undecipherable medieval codex that appears to inspire Cicada's thirty three zero one's use of obscure symbols. Yes, still to this day that hasn't been decoded, and Liber Primus, the most infamous texts of the Cicada mystery. Written entirely in ruins, it remains largely unsolved, with many pages still untranslated. Some theorists believe the key to unlock Cicada thirty three oz one's ultimate goal lies in decoding this text, and still like even aside from Cicada thirty three oh one, just linguists have not been able to decode every page of Premium or Liber Primus, which stands for like first.
Speaker 2: Book that's wild.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, I mean, it's interesting that they added in specific things that are a cult like that have you know, Heaven and Hell and different things like this, Like sh I mean, it just sounds it sounds weird. It sounds like the elite of the elite, we're looking for maybe new fresh blood to add into their their group or something.
Speaker 1: I think that you might be onto something here. It may not be when we think of elites. Take take Rothschild out take Gates.
Speaker 3: No, I'll take talking about like above them. I'm talking about the real ones.
Speaker 1: Yes, the actual elites that we've never like. If you were to hear this name, you would not know who this person is. That level of elite. I think was looking for more henchmen or something close to that.
Speaker 2: You think henchman or do you think they were used.
Speaker 1: To I say henchman, I could I could say employees, I could say lackey, I could say to whatever level. I don't think they were trying to envelop people into the fold. I think they were trying to find more worker bees that were able to do things to this level. But again, we may have so many more opinions come out as we keep reading.
Speaker 2: Honestly, that's crazy, though, what.
Speaker 3: I mean because a lot of the linguists, though they've been working a long time on some of these things, and I'm surprised that they haven't had one find way to decipher stuff.
Speaker 1: I forget what it is about, uh liber primus that makes it so hard to break down. Because rooms have been decoded, right, we understand the letters and the alphabet and the type of language that was being used. I'm not sure if it's because some of them don't make sense, or because there is a code using rooms that is the Liber Primus, and so like you have to know what code each individual page is using to decipher it. Some of the pages have been deciphered, and we're going to talk about those more in depth here in a bit. Some of them are from what we can tell, it's not even gibberish. There's obviously some sort of a code being used. We have not cracked it yet, and maybe with the use of AI, maybe someone out there will be able to. But as of time recording, most of Liber Primus is still undecoded.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised that supercomputers haven't been able.
Speaker 1: To do it, but I mean, we only have how many supercomputers on Earth, and how many of them are going to be used for something like this as opposed to some other thing that the developer of the computer wants. I see what you're saying. And like I said, maybe in the next year or two or five, as they keep developing more quantum computers and they start developing more AI, I'm thinking that more of these things might be decoded. But Cicada's shut down. They got the guys that they needed. So it's not like any old person with some advanced AI on their laptop is going to be able to become a member of Cicada. They wanted this to happen before this, and maybe that might have been a part of the problem, because AI that we know today started in what was it twenty ee We talked about this a couple episodes ago, I forget, but they might have seen the writing on the walls and they knew they had to find some of their kind before it got to where everybody could do it.
Speaker 2: Oh that's wild.
Speaker 3: So as of twenty twenty five, only two pages out of the seventy six have been have been solved, right, And it's interesting most people say that it shouldn't be solved because of what they have solved from it. It's, you know, with the great with truth comes great power and great responsibility.
Speaker 2: Don't abuse it.
Speaker 1: And that doesn't sound ominous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that doesn't sound like Maybe they shouldn't fuck with this book at all.
Speaker 2: Kind of a vibe.
Speaker 1: I don't know, But whoever wrote it definitely wrote it with some real intent. And that's the other thing too. Perhaps the Cicada thirty three to OHO one people did decode it and used it to get to the end goal, and they didn't release what they found because at that point they it was a complete secrecy situation. So perhaps they were able to decode it and they just they had never posted it. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Anyway, this is that's crazy.
Speaker 1: So moving on here the real world scavenger hunt. One of the most astonishing aspects of Cicada thirty three to oh one was its extension into the physical world. At certain points in the puzzle, solvers received GPS coordinates leading them to real world locations. These sites contained QR codes, paper posters, and cryptic messages, each directing participants to the next phase of the challenge. Confirmed locations include and for the record, on screen right now is one of these things. It's on a light pole in one of these places. But like that might be Paris, Warsaw, Poland. Excuse me, Okay, it looked European, but yeah, yeah, So some of the more known places Seattle, Washington, a poster with a QR code was taped to a lamp post Warsaw, Poland. A similar clue was found on a street sign, which we just had on screen. Soul, South Korea. A message was discovered attached to a telephone pole Sydney, Australia. Another set of coordinates led to a hidden message in the city. And if you look at these things, this is just paper, like one good rainstorm, this is gone. So time was of the essence like if you're going to be about this life, you better get on a plane. You didn't. Now it was the barrier for entry was going up a level because it wasn't just are you smart enough? Do you have the resources enough to drive or get in a plane to go to one of these GPS locations. There was fourteen of them around the world. And if you, for instance, were in a country that wouldn't let you leave, then that sucks. You can't be a part of it. Or if you were you know, you know it didn't have the finances. Maybe you were super smart, but you were living under the poverty line and you couldn't afford to rent a car or fly to a certain location. Well, okay, once again, you're you sorry.
Speaker 3: So well, it looked like that they were allowed to share images with each other for this specific thing is how they they were able.
Speaker 1: To do Maybe yes, maybe no, I mean like even if this post if this picture was posted. How do we know that at that point? Like we remember, we said that the websites would shut down after so many visitors would hit them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it said the first ones that solve the set The second one I guess was able to get into the website, and then from there they didn't want to take anybody else.
Speaker 1: And that right, So even if you were to go to what that QR code would tell you to, you know, the website, it would lead to or whatever the case, after so many people, that's it. So even if you saw this image and you weren't able to go and they shared it, who's to say the URL was still active by the time you finally tried to go there. Whoever set this up was smart enough to know how to put fail safees. And I'll give you that. So to get you to get you a sense of the mystery yourself, try to try this. Look up the coordinates on Google Maps thirty four degrees forty one forty four north by seventy six degrees forty one twenty one or twenty west. Where do they lead? Imagine finding a hidden message or clue there? I don't know what those coordinates are actually know what let's just I'm just copy and paste that real quick. Good cult members, We're gonna go there. We are going to go onto Google Maps, and we are going to do that right now, Google Maps up, up, up, and let's type that in and let's just see what happens here and paced. So this was just a random test run here, right. But if they were to tell you to go there and try to find some sort of a thing on a street lamp or whatever, You're going to a beach to find some sort of a QR code or something. And so when they give you these coordinates, it's very difficult and you have to get there, you have to find whatever clue you're trying to find, plug it in, get back to your home computer that has a tour browser, and all these things. So like time was of the essence, and if you couldn't do it, you couldn't do it. So these physical clues reinforced the idea that Cicada thirty three oh one was more than just an Internet based challenge. It had real world implications. However, the messages at these locations vanished quickly, building more theories that only a select few ment were meant to find them. So now we get into some of the theories about Cicada. So, despite years of investigation and speculation, no one knows for sure who created Cicada thirty three ye old one or why. However, several theories have emerged, based on the nature of the puzzles, the skills required to solve them, and the secrecy surrounding the purpose intelligence agency recruitment. That's an option.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's an option.
Speaker 1: It's a viable one.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's that.
Speaker 1: I don't think so either, But and there's let's get into it. So one of the most widely believed theories is that Cicada thirty three oh one was a covert recruitment campaign by a government intelligence agency such as the CIA, NSA MI six. Whatever. The puzzles attested highly advanced cryptographies, gegonography, coding, and reasoning skills, exactly the kind of expertise intelligence agencies seek. These groups have been known to use creative means to identify and recruit top talent, so the idea of a global puzzle as a recruitment tool isn't far fetched. Still, no agency has ever claimed involvement, and I feel like they would have.
Speaker 3: I just don't believe that that's the true thing. When we get down to what I think, we'll see what everyone else thinks.
Speaker 2: But I think that my theory is different.
Speaker 1: So okay. So now there's the private cybersecurity collective, which again more of the lines of an online mercenary group or something like that, which is a viable option. Another theory is that CCTA thirty three to oh one was created by a decentralized group of ethical hackers or cybersecurity professionals looking to quietly recruit like minded individuals. These collectives often value privacy, intellect, and anonymity, traits deeply embedded into the cicada's puzzles. The idea here is that puzzles were used to filter out only the most persistent and skilled candidates, who were then invited to join a secret cybersecurity network. Now that has the way more credence behind that one than the three letter agency thing. However, I don't I could see a possibility. I don't believe that that's the actual reasoning behind it, although we could be wrong. Moving on cybersecurity awareness campaign, I don't believe it, but let's continue. Some believes c CADA thirty three to oh one had no recruitment goal at all, but was instead meant to raise public awareness about online privacy, encryption, and the importance of protecting digital freedoms. The heavy use of cryptographic tools and open source techniques, along with the inclusion of philosophical messages about liberty and free thought, support this idea. In this case, the puzzles would have been a kind of digital activism or educational project. This is a lot of work. This is a lot of technical know how, physical locations, sharing things online, going to the dark web. For it to be a cybersecurity awareness campaign.
Speaker 2: I no, I don't believe that at all. I think that one's like the least likely, the least likely.
Speaker 1: I think this was more there's more probability of this being an NSA recruiting tool than to say we just wanted people to be aware of their cybersecurity.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I mean it's like more likely that NASA US recruiting people than this.
Speaker 1: Absolutely So the next option is that this was all an alternate reality game. Again, I see where they're going. I have my own opinions on this. At first glanced Cicada thirty three oh one resembles an extremely complex alternate reality game, a genre of interactive storytelling that uses real world elements and online clues. However, there are key differences. Most ARGs are linked to a company, product or entertainment project and eventually reveal their purpose. So Kada never promoted anything and offered no known reward or conclusion. Still, some believe it was have been purely artistic or intellectual challenges designed for entertainment or a social experiment.
Speaker 3: I don't believe that at all, not even because well, I can understand if it was like a Ready Player one situation where like the owner was such an brilliant person and that he's leaving the golden egg of his entire life's work to somebody to carry on and they have to be like of true merit.
Speaker 2: But I think that when you read the stuff that they said, it's all.
Speaker 3: About truth, and it's all about not trusting the governments, not working for the governments, not working for anybody. That these are specialized people that believe in wanting the truth.
Speaker 2: And I don't think that is the situation when it comes to this.
Speaker 1: Same for entertainment. And granted, like I'm sure the people that were I'm sure the people that were solving the puzzles, got a good kick out of it, and it was fun as hell. Like I see it, I get that this is way too intricate for the for the lulls, there's no way, but all right, that's a theory. The next one, which I think is probably the more probable a dark web organization. A more ominous theory, suggests that Cicada thirty three oh one was connected to a secretive organization operating on the dark web. According to this theory, the puzzles were used to vet individuals for access to hidden networks or illicit operations. While there's no public evidence linking Cicada to any criminal or extremist activity, the group's total anonymity and sudden disappearance after twenty fourteen leave no leave room for this possibility. I think that this is close. I don't think that this was uh they're trying to find a way to hack the system and steal cryptocurrency, right, Although I have also seen that theory that some believe that Cicada thirty three to oh one was just a way to get the world's best bitcoin minors, And it's like, I don't believe that that's the case. Honestly, I could see why they would make that conclusion, but there's no way I what's.
Speaker 3: Your theory, Well, what's your actual theory when it comes to this, like, what do you believe as the truth?
Speaker 1: We have a long way to go as far as the episode is concerned, but as of this moment, I'm leaning more towards this was I believe this was recruitment. I absolutely do. Now for whom and for what purpose, that's it's open to speculation. I believe that it was something outside of any kind of government, but I also believe that it was possibly a Hactavism group. And I don't mean QAnon, although there are people that make the comparison that this is where QAnon and Anonymous got their people. But there's so many documentaries about Anonymous, and there are so many people that are known affiliates of Anonymous that have left the group that have come forward to talk about their experiences. None of it had to do with Cicada thirty three oh one, so I don't think that's necessarily it either. I don't believe that this has anything to do with some sort of uh making the world a better place thing, although I could see possibly, but it's not like Cicada thirty three oh one's actually doing the work to fight child trafficking. Like, No, I don't believe that at all either. I believe that this was to how could I put this to the same level that you said of the global elites that are actually running the world that we would never know if we even if we met them or heard their name. I think that this was to do something to that level of dark web activism, something that we would never know. It's like a James Bond right, whenever he does something to save the world and no one ever knows about it, but he was doing all this wild shit. I think it's like that this group might be out there trying to save the world from god knows what, but the only reason that they are doing it is and being so successful at it, is because we don't know about it. I don't know what's your thoughts as of this moment.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't. Are we going to read about the premius? Oh yeah, okay, Well.
Speaker 3: Then I'm going to hold off because I already have my conclusion of what I think this is. But already it yes, because I was I read the text of what it actually states and so.
Speaker 2: I have a I have.
Speaker 3: A theory that's not of not of this world. So I'm going to hold off until we read that. But it's an interesting I mean, I could see logically if we weren't going to speculate into the other realms, if it was just human based, I would see it being more along the elites. But I guess my problem with that.
Speaker 2: Theory is is the they already own everything.
Speaker 3: They already have everything, So them needing you know, intelligent.
Speaker 2: People for a dark web situation or whatever.
Speaker 3: Why would they need that when they pretty much created the system, so they own and operate everything. You wouldn't need anybody intelligent for that, unless it's more or less a breeding stock or they're using them to create something else.
Speaker 2: That's in stock.
Speaker 1: I didn't even consider that option.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what, yeah, I mean, if I was, if I was to think of something they where they want to be able to boost their numbers or add in fresh blood because they've done too many generations of this or whatever, you know, because eventually our genes break down. Why not take the best of the best, at least in the sense of intellectual wise and take them and use them as breeding stock. That makes more sense to me if you're trying to create something, or you know, see what makes the brain different from other people? How are these people more intelligent than the normal people? Do tests on them, use whatever, use their blood, use actual like you know, the celluar makeup pretty much, or I can see them using them in the sense of may there's like a I don't know, maybe you're training them for something. Maybe you're utilizing them for something, creating a super weapon, or using them to be able to communicate with somebody else, those along those lines.
Speaker 2: I feel like the dark web.
Speaker 3: I feel like they already control everything, they already know everything. They're the ones that push forward these things. They allow this stuff to come out. So they don't need them for anything, but they need them for something. I would feel they need them for their actual intellect. What is it about these people? Could we get to another dimension using them? Could we use them for something else? Like that's my theory as of right now.
Speaker 1: I have this wait, So these are the people that they're trying to use to colonize Mars.
Speaker 2: I mean it would make sense to use them for use.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you're that intellectually intelligent, you have a different your brain.
Speaker 2: Is working in a different way than the majority of people. Yeah, So whatever it is that they how they.
Speaker 3: Are, I would feel like they would want to utilize that and then.
Speaker 2: See the patterns of it.
Speaker 3: Because if you look at how many billions of us there are, and how many actually genius level intellectual people there is is such a minute number comparative.
Speaker 2: How do they get that?
Speaker 3: I would assume that they would see the patterns and how do we get that?
Speaker 2: How do we keep unlocking.
Speaker 3: Various portions of the brain If we were reset at some point, maybe they're trying to get back to being.
Speaker 2: Where we were at one point in history.
Speaker 1: It's very possible, and that's that's kind of the killer of all of this. Despite these theories, no concrete evidence has surfaced to confirm any of them. It's all speculation. What we're doing right now is as much information as anyone else has on the situation. So who's to say one way or another? So now where a Cicada thirty three oh one. Now, to this day, no one publicly claims to have fully solved Cicada thirty three oh one. Some individuals reported reaching the final stage, allegedly receiving private invitations from Cicada, but no verified proof of what happened afterwards exists. A select group of solvers supposedly completed the puzzles and were asked to participate in a secret project. However, whether this was recruitment, experimentation, or another purpose remains unknown. After twenty fourteen's puzzle, the Cicada thirty three oh one suddenly stopped posting. In twenty sixteen, a message appeared online warning about unauthorized third party groups falsely claiming to be Cicada thirty three oh one. Whether this message was truly from the original group remains debated. Meanwhile, Liber Primus still contains unsolved passages. Some believe that unlocking its full meaning could reveal the last piece of the mystery. However, with no new puzzles and no official communication since twenty fourteen, the fate of Cicada thirty three oh one remains uncertain. Unless it resurfaces, the full story behind its elaborate challenges may never be known. So now is the mystery really over? Cicada thirty three oh one is still one one of the biggest Internet mysteries. Was it a way of recruiting topry top cryptographers, a secret cybersecurity project, or someone else. No one knows for sure. After twenty fourteen. Like I said, it's all it's the biggest mystery. It's the biggest mystery on the Internet. But let's talk about this homeboy right here, the one who actually was the first to solve the first puzzle in twenty twelve. This is from Virginia Tech magazine. Let's get into it here. Codecs are Coder Creator by Stephen McKay. It was an enigmatic puzzle that only the nimbless intellects would take on a series of highly complicated cryptographic mind benders containing prime numbers, riddles, and treks through assorted fantasy novels, and Virginia Tech's rising sophomore Marcus Weyner, solved it in twenty twelve when he was a homeschooled fifteen year old in Copper Hill, Virginia fifteen. He was fifteen when he solved it in twenty twelve.
Speaker 2: Oh man, we didn't make me feel stupid.
Speaker 1: No, no, but this is my point.
Speaker 2: I mean all of us, like God, damn it, it's.
Speaker 1: A fifteen year old, A homeschooled kid who's fifteen years old found the Cicada thing, and he's like, you know what, Okay, I'll give it a whirl and succeeded allegedly.
Speaker 2: And this is him crazy.
Speaker 1: This, this is the guy.
Speaker 2: He looks really smart, he doesn't he he has that smart.
Speaker 1: Vibe he does. He looks like he's just not intellectual superiority, but also like he knows he's smarter than you, but he's not going to be a dick about it. He seems like that guy. Yeh, let's see. The exercise, which appeared on the underground website four chan, was created by a secret group identified themselves as a Cicada thirty three oh one, claiming to be in search of those skilled at deciphering cryptography the group that the group may have been a loose network of tech savvy free speech activists looking for new members, or perhaps a poll of programmers just having fun. Now all but silent. The group was not, from all reports, a cooperation of the government or corporation. I should say, as one of only a handful of people in the world who have solved the puzzle, all of whom were subsequently invited to collaborate on an online project related to Internet privacy. Wayner Wanner Don't Know was featured in a story about Cicada thirty three to oh one in an early January edition of Rolling Stone magazine. So Kata puzzle long behind him and the online project abandoned Wayner, who's majoring in computer science. Shocker held two jobs on campus last year, serving as a computer coder for the university's Learning Enhanced Watershed Assessment System Lab, which monitors nearby Strubbles Creek, and providing high performance computer coding support for genomic researchers at the Virginia Bioinformatics Institute or VBI. So Marcus is a unique student that in that he realizes he is here to learn and not to show off his excellent programming skills, said Zalman Waxman, a postdecorate doctorate excuse me, research fellow at VBI. He is willing to work on projects in areas where he is less comfortable, which is why he wanted to go into bioinformatics, biology and genomics. He already is overcoming this and learning a new problem solving approach, which makes him far more valuable as a future colleague than others with equivalent skills. So now this is a Q and A with him. Let's hear what he has to say. So, what drew you to Cicada thirty three oh one puzzle? He says, I have friends who enjoy puzzles such as this. I was drawn to thirty three oh one puzzle specifically because it was low level file format and networking stuff, very minimal and clean from a technical perspective. With most Internet puzzles, if you dig deep enough, you can see some nessy behind the scenes clutter, which really kills the mystery for me. But thirty three oh one managed to avoid any of this as far as I can tell. So for me, it was clear that the person running the puzzle had a very high degree of competence, and I was interested in being involved with whatever they were recruiting for. Okay, okay, So at the Virginia Bioinformatics Institute, how is your work and cracking genetic code assisting researchers. He goes into a little bit about the the VBI stuff. We're not really worried about that on this one. So both your employers are dedicated to good causes, curing genetic diseases and tracking water quality. Where you drawn to the cause or the challenges. He says on one of the reasons I came to Virginia Tech was the opportunity to apply my skills to useful research. While a student, I had no initial interest in water quality or healthcare before I started, But as I worked with people who have a real passion for each subject matter and seeing the real data and its implications, I have become excited about the research. None of us, single handily are going to change the world, but we are trying to come as close as we can. So he seems like a good kid.
Speaker 2: He seems seems like a really good kid.
Speaker 1: You know, Blade, what's your favorite computer tech theme film? Both in regard to accuracy and guilt pleasure inaccuracy? Blade Runner nineteen eighty two is at the top of my list right now.
Speaker 2: Freaking movie.
Speaker 1: I mean, I figured you would get a kick out of that one.
Speaker 2: I would because I absolutely love that movie.
Speaker 1: So but yeah, and so basically ask him more about him personally and stuff. So, although he was the first to break the puzzle, he's obviously not a member of Cicada now or he wouldn't be publicly speaking on it. Right.
Speaker 2: It's interesting that he chose janeic Jeneic not testing. Excuse me, Jenek like sequencing to break.
Speaker 3: It makes sense to me because if he's so intelligent when it comes to coding, DNA is like a code that you're trying to solve a crack right and move things around. So it's just it's fascinating. At fifteen, he's just like, Yeah, it seemed like a you know, pretty easy thing and not messy, and they seemed legit.
Speaker 1: And it's like, what what part of that seemed easy and clean?
Speaker 3: I'm I have no idea, but good for him. These people are so cool that they're so smart, Like I wish I was on that level.
Speaker 1: Man, Good for him, and God bless him. Mister Wanner, if you're out there awayne, I'm sorry if I'm mispronouncing your name, Mima, kudos to you for doing the mostest. So right here we have a fandom article, a list of Cicada's references. So these are the other works that were brought up. Okay, so the decoy duck image, all right, So that was made by a dude named Autumn Wings. The source was frost Waterfowls. That was in twenty twelve. King Arthur's tapestry. This was it's a tapestry. It's a real historical tapestry of King Arthur that they squished together and formed layers of it on top of each other to make an image that you had to decode. That was a part of the twenty twelve releases Agrippa by William Gibson, which is a book code key, and that was also in twenty twelve. So I don't I'm unfamiliar with the work itself, but if it has anything to do with Cornelius Agrippa, this goes into the esoteric, which would make sense based off of all the other things we read. Here mebin Gayon Mabinajian, which is by Charlotte Guest, is a book code text. You had to go get this book and use the code to decipher what the actual message was this page, this paragraph, this sentence, this word, all the things. Next was the Encyclopedia Britannica. You had to you had to go into that good bit here a Song of Liberty by William Blake that you had to go to Bartleby for that one. And that was also a thing too. They were getting sent to them bits of sound bites songs that you would have and they didn't sound. Some of them sounded weird, some of them sounded kind of you know, synthesis levels of of whatever kind of technoy. But you had to take these and break down the sound bites, to look at the numbers designation on them, and then put those into a binary code system to get a message out of it. Okay, it's it's sane.
Speaker 3: It's fucking insane, crazy, Like, that's so many levels to this that I don't think this is just some simple little thing that Sony did for entertainment that just doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: I agree whatsoever. The next one is the Marriage of Heaven and Hell from William Blake. We talked about that one Lieber Alvell Legis, which is the Book of Laws by Alistair Crowley. You had to use that to get a certain code text the New Inquisition. Oh I'm sorry, So William Blake. The Marriage of Heaven and Hell. That was the last one from twenty twelve, and that was like your second chance to figure this out if you couldn't figure it out from a Song of Liberty. Both were from William Blake, by the way. Next twenty thirteen, we start off with Alistair Crowley. Next, the New Inquisition by Robert Anton Wilson, Self Reliance and Other Essays by Ralph Waldo Emerson, and that started the twenty fourteen releases. So for twenty thirteen you only had these two releases, one from Crowley and one from Wilson, and so there was other things. There was other online things, but as far as the book sources go, this was it. So for twenty fourteen, Self Reliance and Other Essays. Portrait of Andreas del Peril, which is from Goya. Ecent's not sure and it was from the National Gallery, so it's an art piece. Image of Grigory resputant. In twenty fourteen, you had to use that one trio Trio Sonata in G Major, which is from Bach. You had to go and listen to this to find source codes from it to use to make a codex, which I love that they used Bach because Bach has always had a mathematical quality to it, or at least I've always felt so. And two years ago and I was speaking to an opera singer about it. It's very rare that I get to actually like chop it up on some nerd levels about classic music, and he agreed that like Bach was mathematic everything was done that way on purpose, because he gave a structure. His actual quote, I love this into death. He's a member of the Christian nonprophlem a part of he said back. Gave us structure so that Mozart could give us fire. Okay, And so looking at the Trio Sonado and g major Bock's mathematical principles that he applied to his music, you were supposed to take this in twenty fourteen and extrapolate numbers that you would then put into some sort of a source code binary hexadecimal. Who knows to get out a message that would lead you to another clue.
Speaker 3: That's interesting that they so many of this ties together with each other in different ways. I'm curious to see when we get to the end of this, what your theory is.
Speaker 1: I mean all open to interpretation, honestly, and I'm not like married to my idea as far as what this was very very subject to change on this. The next one was I by Escher mc Escher it's an image. And then Golden escher Bach, which is an internal golden braid. This was by Douglas Hofstadter. And this is a book that you had to go in and find the code for all of these things. That was twenty fourteen and that was it. Everything else is silent. And on this there's also jamatria. Let's see it going down here. There's JPEGs that are used, hex dumps, which is within the hexodesmer Caesar ciphers, URLs, outguest PGPs, mayan numerals book code UTC, which is coordinated Universal Time QR codes that were used the tour Network or dot Onion sites RSA. That's the second chance part. In the second chance part aka Amdi puzzle was mi id i midi perl in the RSA message xo R, which is used a lot throughout the twenty thirteen puzzle Jamatria converting words into numbers and vice versa. There was a lot of mostly blank and outguests. Telenet, which was an Internet protocol used in twenty thirteen puzzles to communicate with websites without the web browse sure Schmir's secret sharing scheme. This is used in a twenty thirteen puzzle. In the phone call part, you would receive a phone call. You had to like actually get a there was a telephone number that you would get. You had to call and they would there was a message that you would get that you were supposed to take as the source for your next clue. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So when when I'm looking into this stuff, so I'm like, as I'm listening to you, I'm looking up different variations and sources of things.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So what I find interesting is so the portrait of Andreus and dres So he's actually known as being his main thing even though he.
Speaker 2: Was a sitter of the Doctor of Law.
Speaker 3: His main thing was known for being a collector of the paintings by Goya.
Speaker 2: Now if you look up Goya.
Speaker 3: In himself, he paints a lot of interesting things, but one of his most famous is a Luciferian one of Lucifer and Witches of the Sabbath by the Horn God. He also has a lot of demonic ones that he does paintings.
Speaker 2: For his paintings, he.
Speaker 3: Has like normal people, but a lot of it comes back to the devil and different various occult things as well.
Speaker 2: And then if you're looking into.
Speaker 3: The marriage of heaven and hell, yeah, it's the duality of existence, merging the opposites of good and evil. Changes traditional religious views, advocating for personal experience over dogma pretty much.
Speaker 2: A lot of what they've put into this is very symbolized, very occult, very good and evil, truth and not truth human experience. And then we're not even to get into the previous yet, but there's a lot that is pointing to this being.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to say angels and demon vibe, but it definitely seems that there is something maybe the fairies to this, maybe darker because if like, just going off of three sources that I've looked at, all of which have ties to good and evil, heaven and hell, that kind of that kind of religious I wouldn't even say religious, just that kind of you know, balance of duality and personal experience and stuff like that. So it's it's interesting, and even in some of the stuff that they wrote, when I was looking at different passages that they wrote into this, it was a lot to do with personal like how people are in and of itself, are they good?
Speaker 2: Are the evil?
Speaker 3: Different questioning of what that actually means.
Speaker 2: It's interesting though that if you wouldn't have.
Speaker 3: Looked up who this person was and how he was connected, because if you just look at the person himself, he's really he's not really that exciting.
Speaker 2: But it's who he's associated with.
Speaker 3: And how he's known as being the top collector of that specific Baphomet kind of.
Speaker 2: Paintings and stuff like that, which I.
Speaker 3: Just found it to be weird that all of it ties together.
Speaker 1: So I'm not saying that there was no occult or spiritual significance to any of this, but especially when you're looking at some of these books they were using. They could have used any book for this, right, All you had to do was give a code. You could have used. You could have used the book Holes, you could have used Moby Dick, right, and just given the same code, and not the same code, you would have to write out the code and the numbers and all the things. So is it that they were trying to force these people into esoteric and gnostic works to try to get it or were they trying to test to see if these people were willing to do whatever it took. Were these people that were willing to question certain narratives or wouldn't get offended by reading Crowley's works and things like this, right, All these are ways of filtering out the ones that they didn't want. Possibly it was to get them to read into these things. And perhaps there was some dark occult symbolism behind it. Maybe it was just the same, Maybe it could have been any innocuous symbol, but they chose to make it more of the dark and ominous for that purpose. Like I don't know, but to.
Speaker 3: Use Krawley, to use this guy that had Collectsgoya, which is I mean, he has other works, but his famous for doing more the Satanic route of things.
Speaker 2: You know, to put in.
Speaker 3: Certain stuff, I mean, to put in the premus ind of itself that tells you pretty much like, hey, be careful, what you're gonna find in here is going to be pretty intense. Like it's just interesting that they selected these types of things. And if I'm gonna have to look at it, I'm pretty sure that there was a math. Bach made a piece that was questionable of the way that the sounds were that caused you to have like different vibrations. I know I heard it somewhere, but I would have to look into it more.
Speaker 1: But I know Mozart did that. I don't know if Bach did or I mean, honestly, who's to say, right, Bac very well may have done that on purpose. Continuing on, TML was used for exploring websites and onions. Throughout the puzzle TCP At the end stage of twenty thirteen, this puzzle puzzles the winner needed to code TCP servers. Base sixty four, which we talked about is a scheme to encode unprintable bytes into printable characters. Visionaire, we talked about that code that they were using to decode certain things in Graham. This was used in the third Onion in twenty fourteen puzzle. Column transposition cipher used in the third Onion at bash was used in the second Onion totient function mentioned in the Third Onion twenty fourteen puzzle and used to decrypt the final page of LP or Liber primusob which is out of band data and then hash a hash function in any function that can be used to map data or arbitrary sized to fixed sized values. So again they he kind of went all over the place on this. They were using literary sources, they were using technological sources, they were using ancient coded text and things that you would have to use, a Caesar cipher, a Visioneer cipher, whatever the case. And of course they use a couple of different websites four Chan, Reddit, mitke server, Twitter, minger or iminger infotoom paste bin and uh yeah this was wild things from twenty twelve to twenty fourteen and still no real answers, right, So.
Speaker 2: Now that's crazy.
Speaker 1: We're going to get hubis gist dot, get hub instantly share codes and snippets. So this is a detailed breakdown of the Cicada thirty three oh one puzzles, their solutions and associated messages.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we're starting off at the top here. We're not going to read all of it, but actually no, we can read some of it. Why not here? So, uh, the first one home is zoom in a little bit because my eyes ain't what they used to be. I'm getting old cult members, getting old r n p R n p R and p. Here is a more detailed breakdown of the Cicada thirty three oh one puzzles, their solutions, and associated messages. So puzzle number one, the first Cicada thirty three oh one puzzle, was posted on four Chan January twenty twelve, involved an image that contained a message hidden using steganography. The message led to a book code that, when applied to the book liber alvel Ligis by Alistair Crowley, produced a message that directed the solver to an onion website containing another message right. The solution the image used in the puzzle containing a hidden message in the form of a string of characters. This message, when decrypted using a steganography tool called Outguests, produced a link to a subreddit containing a series of encrypted messages. Using the key ao clock, the messages were decrypted and compiled into a book code. The book code pointed to a specific page, line and word in a book of law from Crowley that revealed a message call us.
Speaker 3: Okay using that book, they could have used any other book.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly so. The message call us led to a tour website that contained another message, Hello, we are looking for highly intelligent individuals. To find them, we have designed a test. There is a message hidden in this image. Find it and it will lead you on the road to finding us. We look forward to meeting the few that will make it all the way through. Good Luck thirty three oh one. So you had to go into Crowley's work just to get there the first step of basically hey, welcome.
Speaker 2: That's it's definitely done intentionally, I think so.
Speaker 1: The second puzzle was posted in twenty thirteen and involved a list of complex prime numbers and a series of symbols that needed to be combined in a particular way to reveal a message. The message was a book code that directed the solver to a physical location in the world. We talked about that the symbols in the puzzle were arranged in a spiral pattern and when combined with the prime numbers, revealed a message in base sixty four code. The message was a book code that pointed to a specific page and line in a book which we talked about Alistair Crowley that revealed the message call us at telephone number two one four three nine zero nine six zero eight. Yeah, they gave actual phone number on this one. When called, the number played a pre recorded message of a robotic voice reading out a series of letters and numbers. The message call us at telephone number a bop was the solution to the second Cicada thirty three oh one puzzle, so with that. The third Cicada thirty three oh one puzzle was posted in twenty fourteen and involved the Cicada thirty three oh one Twitter account that posted an image containing a message hidden using stecnography. Again, the message directed the solver to a tour website containing another message that led to a series of quizzes on obscure topics. The full solution to this puzzle has not been made public. They sent a test like a personality quiz yeah in puzzle number three, and you could only find it if you went to the dark web and knew where to look. So the solution, like we said or we read that one already. The message hidden in the Twitter image directed of the sovereign to a tour website with another message. But the full solution has never been made public. And that's the thing. You would get sent something basically saying congratulation you passed the test, or thank you for your submission, will let you know something soon, essentially, right, ok So puzzle number four, the fourth Cicada thirty three oh one puzzle was posted in twenty sixteen. Allegedly they stopped in twenty fourteen, but this is when that twenty sixteen happened, right, And involved a music file that contained spectagram a spectrogram rather that when decoded, produced a message that led to a website containing a message written in ruins. The music file contained a spectrogram that which we talked about that basically when decoded using a spectrogram reading tool produce an image with the word Tiberius Claudius Caesar. Would we would know who that is?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Du yes Caesar. The Fort Cicada thirty three h one puzzle was posted in twenty sixteen. We talked about the music file and wh decoded it. Lets you know about this, produce a message that led to a website containing a message written in Runes, and I think that they were letting you know that you were going to need a Caesar cipher in order to break that code. The Fort Cicada thirty three oh one puzzle was posted on Twitter and twenty fourteen involved a music file named four thirty three four Apostrophe thirty three Quotations by John Cage, which is a piece of music that consists of four minutes and thirty three seconds of listening or excuse me, four minutes and thirty three seconds of silence. However, upon analyzing the spectrogram in the music file, a message could be decoded using a technique called steganography, which involves hiding messages within other data.
Speaker 3: Which is interesting that they chose thirty three as well, which is the symbol for enlightenment.
Speaker 1: Right now, I agree.
Speaker 2: And spiritual growth.
Speaker 3: So it's strange that they chose specifically thirty three.
Speaker 1: Very true, very Masonic number, which is why a lot of people think that that might be the connection to the Freemasons. And again I'm not saying that there's no connection. I'm saying that of all of the things we're talking about here, that's I don't know, See, that's the case, right right. The message hidden in the spectrogram led to a website that contained a message written in a variant of Runic alphabet, which is an ancient writing system used by the Germanic and Nordic people. The Runic message translates into English reads beware of false paths, always speak truth and do not fear, for it is time for you to seek the ultimate truth. And it repeats that three times.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The message also contained an image of a cicada insect along with the phrase preliminary training completed check back on the first or January fifth, twenty seventeen seven zeteen hundred Eastern Standard time.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: This was the image that was posted a golden one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which is interesting because the golden the golden sphere and everything else with a lot of different things that are about enlightenment is all golden as well.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 3: They have a ton of symbolism just to be a quote unquote fake thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a way too many symbolism for this.
Speaker 1: So now let's go to this next article here from clevcode dot org Joel Erickson or Joel, I don't know he would pronounce it. Uh. He basically was talking about the Cicada thirty three oh one and we're gonna read it now, so we already talked about what it's from. Top five areas Unsolved Internet Mysteries. Cool cool, cool cool. The following is a blog post that I originally posted on January thirteenth, twenty twelve, while the puzzle was still ongoing, and at the time the puzzle had started to get a lot of attention on various Internet forums. As it turns out, I was one of the few that were working solo on solving it. Most of the people that eventually got far were working in teams with groups of people. But for me, the whole point was to try to solve it myself. I've always enjoyed a challenge. In twenty twenty one, the story of Cicada thirty three oh one was even turned into a movie, and I can either confirm or deny that this is roughly how it all went down. So apparently there's a movie on thirty three ZHO one which I find fascinating. Yeah. Actually a matter of fact, we might be able to play a little sex segment of it.
Speaker 4: Now, let's see, mister Black, how did you first get involved with Cicada three three zero one?
Speaker 3: Actually I should back.
Speaker 5: It up a few people around here for about twenty percent for quality service. But no, you drop fifty cent equating to what point five nine three percent on a bill that's eighty four dollars and thirty one sense there's.
Speaker 1: Some kind of walking calculator freak, Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 5: So I have perfect recall told a couple of strangers in the dark night about some douchebags credit card. Now, the Cicada files, that's a click of the mouse is sincerely regret.
Speaker 2: They're elusive, kind of like the IT department of the Ilumnati. You can't make this shit up.
Speaker 3: At this point, you got involved with the NSA.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just about. Let's see how cute you are when I found your paint back Jesus Carver, take it down a knoch, just take it down a knoch. I thought you said I was bad cop. No, I said you are a bad cop. We would like your help with something.
Speaker 6: You get your ass back to Hauntank Cicada and help us bring them down.
Speaker 2: You got in and you weren't gonna tell me.
Speaker 1: You have done well to come this far.
Speaker 5: Everyone who finished this game disappeared.
Speaker 2: You guys need to stop now.
Speaker 1: I'm not getting murdered by some crazy ass cold leader. Some of us have things flew show yourself.
Speaker 2: Saper has to kick some secret in, said booty. Do not try who I'm smart us.
Speaker 4: You will lose.
Speaker 5: Look, I mean I could go on and on and on and on.
Speaker 1: Such a dick.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable.
Speaker 1: So there's a couple of images there that was like what the fuck are we looking at here?
Speaker 2: But sure it was like does he have a dick on his forehead?
Speaker 3: And then it played in and it was in his mouth, and I was like, okay, that's exactly.
Speaker 2: What I did see.
Speaker 1: That was like a chindo but on his mouth, which like that's a thing, that's totally a thing.
Speaker 3: Okay, that was a random part, but interesting. They mentioned an Illuminati and everything else into it.
Speaker 1: I do want to watch this movie now, And be honest, I didn't know it was a thing. And that's not like an unknown cast by any mean. I recognize some of those actors.
Speaker 2: Sure, well that's the guy from.
Speaker 1: Reacher Preacher, Yeah, Reacher, who also played Fad from Blue Mountain State. But I would love to see this movie now. Didn't know that was a thing before we started this research. But anyway, so how it all began on January four, twenty twelve. We talked about this already, the image uploaded to four chan. It led you down a rabbit hole. This is the image. This is the actual message itself. Hello, we are looking for highly intelligent individuals. To find them, we advise a test. There's a message hidden in this image. Find it and it will lead you down a road to find us. We look forward to meeting the few that will make it all the way through. Good Luck thirty three oh one. And then he saw about His first thought was that it was to use steganography to hide a message, and since it was a JPEG image, I tried using Steg detect excuse me by Neil's provos in case one of the detectable schemes was used. Since Steg detect have not been updated in almost seven years, I didn't really get my hopes up that high, but it was always worth a shot. The results can be seen below, and that's when they saw the Tiberius Claudus. Okay, right, I didn't detect any common s technography schemes, but notified me of sixty one appended bites of ACESCII text. Since my move would have been to use strings, I would have discovered this anyway, but Steg detect was kind enough to tell me directly instead. So let's see what we have. Tiberius Claudius Caesar. This quote obviously a shift of cipher of some sort, also known as a Caesar cipher, with lxxt greater than thirty three being ciphered version of the HTTP colon slash slash. I didn't know that it is again, but that's again. This is it. So this is the ciphered version of the HTTP thing that we have on every website ever. Thirty three No, no, no, lxxt greater than thirty three. So the slash slash is thirty three. Apparently I didn't know that, but.
Speaker 2: I mean, we're all about as symbolism.
Speaker 1: Here we are indeed, so a shift c replaces each letter in the plain text with a letter or in this case, an arbitrary character with a letter a certain number of positions down the alphabet. So let's compare it to the values and suppose a plain text that we see in the shift value. In this particular case, this might have been a bit overkilled, since we could have just as well manually counted the distance between H and I and the alphabet or H and L. I should say it is probably not a coincidence that Claudius happens to be the fourth emperor of the Roman Empire and the shift value happens to be four, So fair enough to decipher this A pearl on a pearl one line is enough. So then we have this image right, which we talked about already. It seems the image you are el commut. Okay, it seems like the challenge is a bit harder than a Caesar cipher after all. Note that the message contains the word out and guess, though, which could be a hint that we are actually supposed to use an old outguess tool to extract the hidden message. Incidentally, outguess is also developed by Neil's Provos and is available for download from the same site as steg Detect. Unfortunately, it seems like stag detect is the only able to detect when the older out guests has been used and not out guests point one three instead of out Guess point two. Again, they're getting into things that I know nothing about. Using out guests point two with the minus R option immediately reveals a hidden message in the original image. So they have these bytes, they have these numbers, but it's Outguess thirty three oh one jpeg and thirty three oh one text. So there's a hidden message that can be found. Is this a hyperlink? Let's see, let's go to the hyperlink. So this is the book code. This was the actual message, and at the bottom says here's the book code. To find the book and more information, go to a reddit website. And then this was the book code, and at the bottom it says, good luck thirty three oh one.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get flagged. I guarantee you.
Speaker 1: I mean, maybe we're also a conspiracy show, so we're probably on some lists. It'd be like that. So now things are actually getting interesting, although the challenges have not been required any particularly advanced skills yet, which I respectfully disagree. But okay, just looking at that duck image of being like, oh, they clearly mean out guests and a different version of it because it's made from the same guy. But I think that requires an advanced set of skills to even see that shit.
Speaker 2: Half of the shit that you've read them like, m.
Speaker 1: Yes, the same same someone has obviously been putting some work into it. The hidden message says that we could go to the following yurl, which is a Reddit thread which you know what, Let's see if we can click that one. Yeah, this is it. Hello, we have found the individuals we saw. Thus our month long journey ends for now. Thank you for dedication or excuse me, thank you for your dedication and effort. If you were unable to complete the test or did not receive an email, do not despair. There will be more opportunities like this one. Thank you all thirty three oh one ps. And he gave a long list of numbers and slashes and things and stuff, so you were supposed to just take that no to you know, find the message. Yep, that's the thing anyway. The hidden message also includes a so called book codes consisting consisting of a number of lines with two digits separated by a colon on each, and we talked about that already. Some of the book ciphers here, So when visiting the Reddit page we can make a number of observations. Most notably, there are a number of posts by the pseudonym cage throttle us that seems to consist of encoded text, which we can assume to be the book. It looks like an ordinary Caesar sipher may have been used, but on a closer look, no shift values results in readable text. It seems most likely that a key of some sort is required to decode the text. Looking closer at the page, we can also see that the title is It's a lot of letters and numbers. The uur self is truncated version of this to the right below subscribe button, the title text is repeated and verify seven A thirty five, zero, nine zero F is written underneath. We can also see pictures of some Mayan numbers on the top of the page. Mayan numbers are quite logical, at least from zero to nineteen, A dot equals one and a vertical line equals five. Two lines thus equals ten one line with two dots equals seven, five and two cool so on. And if you've ever seen Mayan numbers, it looks it's just dashes with some dots on top. But for the Mayans this was their mathematical numerology, which is great. There's also a symbol resembling a rugby ball that equals zero, so they had that too. They understood the concept of zero. So many people are like man, the Greeks are the first to even think of what zero meant. Ancient Maya already knew that zero meant no value. It was like a placeholder kind of thing. The number sequence using written using the Maya numbers is as follows ten two, fourteen, seven nineteen six eighteen twelve seven eight seventeen zero nineteen. Now, comparing this with the long thing in the title, we can see that the number below ten in the sequence above is also found in this string at the same positions.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, like, yeah, this is just so easy. What.
Speaker 1: Also, note that instead of the ten, we have a A, instead of fourteen, we have a E, and so on up to j being nineteen. Since the title of the page contains twenty three characters and there were only thirteen maya numbers. It is quite likely that we are supposed to continue convert characters from the title to numbers, and that gives us and I'm not going to rea all those numbers off. This could very well be the key required to decode the text regarding the verify in those numbers. It may refer to any number of things. A PGB key ID, however, a good assumption, since it consists of thirty two bit value normally encoded as eight hex characters, and since PGP keys can be used to verify the signature and thus the authenticity of messages signed with a PGP key, this could quite This could be quite handy in case the challenges go on, and in case people decide to drop false leads to people working on it. So it's a it's an article where he basically breaks it all the way down. But you see the level of intellect. Yes, it's yeah.
Speaker 3: That's that's crazy, and yeah, he goes into more details and all this stuff and how to do it.
Speaker 1: He shows all the messages, He shows how he got to where he was. The file Reddit text consists of the lines posting the reddit page so.
Speaker 2: Far that one says king Arthur.
Speaker 1: Yep, it's all its about, yeah, the Guinevere and her it's all of these things. It ties in so many different things. There's no way to not see that. And then also read the King Arthur's story to get what the next clue is supposed to be. So crazy he used bash script to get to the next part. He's talking about upper cases and lower cases and column ciphers and R right before the s on this line as well, from the word daggers that's also used. Another thing in common for these particular lines of texts that they include a period somewhere before the character that has been decoded incorrectly. If we assume that periods, which in sentences should count as two characters instead of one. When applying it to the book code, we get this, which looks a bit neater, and it shows uh, call us at the telephone number two one four, three nine nine six eight. So that's low key.
Speaker 2: Want to call it a live here.
Speaker 1: Call it raven, call it on your phone, so I'm gonna give it to you two to one four hang on hand, all right, and put it on speakerphone too, so we can all hear. Okay, two one four, three nine zero three nine zero nine six zero eight.
Speaker 2: Nine six zero eight.
Speaker 3: Man, I swear, if I get some crazy people show up in my house, we're.
Speaker 1: About to get swatted. No, but this is open sources all over the internet. Of course, it's the number that no longer works anymore. And that's the other thing. It only worked for so long. It was only online for I mean maybe a few months. But they said that this all took place in one month, so in January of twenty twelve, and then January twenty thirteen, January twenty fourteen, after the one month it was over Allegedly.
Speaker 2: It's a Texas number.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's Austin.
Speaker 3: No, it's Carrol Carrollton. It's Carrollton, Texas.
Speaker 1: Okay. I don't know if that would have like, I mean, that's like saying like a two two five is a Baton Rouge number, but like that's not necessarily it's like the surrounding areas too. I don't know. I heard somewhere when I was doing my research that it was an Austin number. But if Carrollton is close to then fine, or if that's fuck out there and out biopasso. I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I'm looking if it's on a lay line.
Speaker 3: If Carrollton is on a lay line, potentially, Hey, I'm at this point. I feel like there's nothing that is. I feel like everything is super intentional.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's fair then.
Speaker 3: And so it's like I've you know, I feel like anything and everything is very intentional with these people, So why would it not be so?
Speaker 1: With that? Right, it's a Texas based phone number. They put some effort in obviously when calling the number one is, or rather was the number has now been deactivated. Wow, we should have read that before we called. Greeted by the following message, very good, you have done well. There are three prime numbers associated with the original final JPEG image. Thirty three oh one is one of them. You will have to find the other two. Multiply all three of these numbers together and add a dot com to find the next step. Good luck and goodbye. So this is where they actually went and found the pixels, because they just said that thirty three oh one was one of them. And if you look at it, five oh three and five oh nine, if you realize, if you looked at it, it's not a perfect square. It was almost a perfect square. So when you took the number of pixels on the width and the length of this thirty three oh one times five oh three times five oh nine, you would get this number eight four five one four five one two seven. Okay. And when looking at the metadata for the original image that was noted, when you would type that in as a dot com, it would send you to another website and then you would have to use that it would show the Cicada countdown.
Speaker 4: One.
Speaker 3: So apparently it is on a lay line that is referred to in the Bible as well.
Speaker 1: Texas.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is so. It says it says.
Speaker 3: That significance of Carrollton, Texas being on a lay line in the Bible, and it talks about lay lines, and it talks about it doesn't specifically mention lay lines, but people connected to it. And it says that Carrollton's location may seem significant and spiritual and metaphysical reasons.
Speaker 2: Okay, So apparently it is.
Speaker 1: So it's it's all tied in.
Speaker 3: It's twenty eight seventeen, I guess, or that's what I haven't read all the way into it. I'm just briefly skimming it, but it is tight in.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: So I told you everything is somehow intentional with these people obviously.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Point first is my point when we get to it, of what I believe is actually happening.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough. So now, whenever you found these numbers and you've got you've multiplied them to get this number, and you went to a dot com, it brought you to the Cicada countdown. And once the countdown was over, it due to all of this code, right, and we talked about that there was a Caada countdown that was going on. This is a key, and so when you signed in using the Cicada three three zero one key, the challenge so far had been quite fun but rather different experience. I'm looking forward to seeing what comes next. When the countdown was finished at seventeen hundred UTC January ninth, twenty twelve, it was replaced by a string of digits resembling GPS coordinates. This is whenever we got to the real world applications, and there was some fourteen places around the world where you had to go and find those QR codes. So again this is from a person who actually did the work and went there and did all these things right. They both also included a twenty two line book code. Both of them included text the product of the first two primes at line three and fifteen, and one of them also included the text the first prime at line eight. This probably means that the characters on these positions should be replaced with the numbers described. Note that the definition of a prime number is a natural number greater than one with no positive divisors other than one itself and itself. This means that the first two prime numbers are two and three.
Speaker 2: The three read the message above it. I think she would have actually said right.
Speaker 1: There, okay, So let's see. I'll read both of them here. As a matter of fact.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just wanted to see what they say because I feel like everything is super connected and I want to hear how what is actually being said?
Speaker 1: Okay? In twenty nine volumes, knowledge was once contained. How many lines of code remained when the mad big Mabinogian paused, go for that in from the beginning and find my first name? Okay? Then the other one had this text, a poem of fading death named for a king, meant to be read only once in vanish alas it could not remain unseen. Okay, supercryptic poems.
Speaker 2: Here supercryptic, but hey, I'm interested in.
Speaker 1: It, so anyway. The three lines of text in each message seemed likely to be a hint to which book slash text to use, and as the key to include the book code by googling for some keywords. In the second message, the poem fading and death read only once in vanish. The wiki entry for a three hundred line poem by William Gibson is among the first hints. The poem is called Agrippa or a book of the Dead, and according to the Wikipedia, its principal notoriety arose from the fact that the poem, stored on a three point five inch floppy disc, was programmed to erase itself after a single use. Similarly, the pages of the artist's book were treated with photosensitive chemicals, affecting the gradual fading of the words and images from the book's first exposure to light. This fits the description perfectly.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, yeah, And I mean you.
Speaker 1: Have to find this floppy disc then and to do that, And yeah, so it's a Grippa is a book of the dead, so it's not about Cornelius Agrippa. I was wrong on that one. But anyway, when googling for William Gibson's Agrippa, the first hit sends you to the website. Basically take taking this text, including line breaks as the key for the book code results in the following and there's a lot of things on the screen right now. But moving on, it says, judging by the dot onion at the end of the string, this is actually an anonymous hidden service on the tour network. Unfortunately, by the time I arrived with the stage, the tour service was not available anymore. Thirty three oh one, it concluded the last couple of messages with you've shared too much at this point. We want the best, not the followers. Thus the first few there will receive the prize. So it was probably the first, come, first serve the ones who are lucky enough to arrive in time, most of which did not solve much or any of this challenge themselves. Since people were sharing their solutions, got to enter their email addresses and were informed that they would be contact within a few days. But so Agrippa wasn't even the point, right the book itself, the Book of the Dead, none of that was the point. All of it was to lead you to a tour browser that after so many visits was shut down.
Speaker 2: I think all of it's a book.
Speaker 3: I think all of the references and everything that is tight in is all the point though, is actually the point of it? Yeah, I think that this was that they were having people do these things, obviously to test the knowledge. But I think every single component of this was one hundred percent the point.
Speaker 1: I agree. I agree, because like.
Speaker 3: Even looking up this manuscript, the memo, I don't even know how to say.
Speaker 2: It may been. I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's a Celtic mythology, and it comes from two different sources, two different manuscripts, the Red Book of her Guest and the White Book of Rye doctor right Rye, the Dirich right Dirich or something, and like it has fourteen it has eleven separate tales, and like they go into all sorts of stuff. But I think every single one of these things is important to the overall arching theme.
Speaker 2: Of what actually or who is actually behind it.
Speaker 1: Personally, I'm with you, and I think that was all very specifically done right. None of this, none of this was by accident. Every bit of it was a clue or a key or something that was supposed to lead you to the next clue or key or or a bit of information or whatever the case is. So with all that being said, we're going to another website here, the Connortumbelson dot com Cicada thirty three oh one Mystery Part three or I'm sorry, Puzzle three Solve part four. So they talking about how they've been talking about this on a couple of them. But this is where we get into these. This is Premier Leabis and it all looks like, you know, there's these women on either side of it. These are the text lines anyway, and the red part is supposed to be very important. Right now, I've recently started appreciating the Foremost as a tool over ben Walk recently, so we have to we can ask Foremost to exact extract Jesus these four images. I am messing up my reading right now. Now it appears we have four more pages of leave a Premus book extracted. Unless you can read runs, you're not gonna know what to do with this.
Speaker 3: I actually found a website that tells you, step by step literally how to try and decipher it. They said, pretty much, it's unlikely that you'll be able to do it, because no one has really done it.
Speaker 2: But they give you.
Speaker 3: A website and it's like it's one of those encrypted websites that like actually tell you step by step.
Speaker 2: It's called uh it's git hub dot com, and it tells.
Speaker 3: You step by step how to do the text files, how to use various ones. It shows you all the images of using different types of deciphering codes to be able to try to decipher it.
Speaker 2: But it said you're unlikely to be able to do it.
Speaker 1: No, I agree, honestly. So we're not going to read the entire article, but we are going to kind of talk about some of these things here. So before we go refra rcual on our magic squares from the previous puzzle which they talk about magic squares. Matter of fact, I'll just do this, create one tour hidden service that can accept CGI file uploads. When this hidden service returns, you can when you can accept input, post three post the three magic squares and the URL to your tour hidden service here work alone. Good luck thirty three oh one, and so these were this was the message that was sent out to them. So before we go refresh on our magic squares from the previous puzzles, we should go figure out what these four pages of the books say. We have quite a collection of scripts to run on runs now, so we will try each of the following and look for successful decoding. Direct translation, reverse translation xor with puzzle to brute force visionaire key and brute force column key. As we go down the list, it doesn't take long as this is a direct translation of rooms to English, which I'm gonna be honest with you, I didn't know this. These right here is basically the loss of divinity. That's what these rooms say. I would never know that. I don't speak the language. But as you can see, a direct translation started spelling out the loss of divinity. Now we have to remind ourselves of what this translation looks. That this why this looks a bit odd the lack of a better words. Lightning bolt Roun has either a S or Z as a value letter value. The letter V has no corresponding rune. So we have to kind of infer some things throughout. Do not edit or change this book or the message contained within either the words or their numbers, for all is sacred. So as we go forward, we probably have to treat the message exactly as they are decoded, even if it doesn't look exactly like perfect English. As you continue going through these four pages are they all are a simple direct translation which ends up forming this story titled The Loss of Divinity, which we will correct into proper spelling for the sake of reading it. Now. Remember we don't have a letter V in the translation, so the proper spelling would be do we unity, which may or may not be become relevant. Don't really know that at the time, which also I find interesting. In Old English to modern English, the U and the V were used interchangeably as a matter of fact, which like, there's a reason why W as a word even though it's written out as a double V. And in other languages, like in French, it's dubleva, which is V. It's double V, that's how they call it. But in the English language we call it double U even though there's not us in it. S's and f's were also kind of interchanged weirdly and wildly at the turn of the sixteen hundreds and things like this, So I mean it's there's there's some sort of precedence to that.
Speaker 3: I feel like they missed the key component of that message though, because like above that message, there's another message and it's like, so it's all one message and it says a warning, believe nothing from the book except what you know.
Speaker 2: Sorry, it's it's actually spelled weird, so I have to look for it.
Speaker 3: Except what you know to be true, test the knowledge, find your truth, experience your death. Do not edit and do not change this book and the rest of what you read, but experience your death.
Speaker 2: And it's a warning. That's the first thing in the book.
Speaker 1: Book. But that's from the book itself, right, like the liber Primus.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's exactly from the book itself, and it's it's the first thing that they that you that you read. It's the first thing that they deciphered. Believe nothing from this book except what you know to be true. Test the knowledge, find your truth, experience your death.
Speaker 1: But that's the point though it's the same as like Crowley's book. They weren't wanting people to read Crowley and apply them to their lives. They were using it as a code to get to the next level. And I think that that's also what this was being used for. They were using a book that's very obscure and very esoteric in all these things. But it's not like the information contained within the book is important. It's about the code that you're able to extrapolate from it to get you to the next clue.
Speaker 2: I think I disagree.
Speaker 3: I think whatever is inside that book is completely important.
Speaker 1: But we haven't even been able to decode the entire book even into regular reading.
Speaker 3: Well, most of what I've been seeing, as it said that, like, it seems like it's waiting, like whoever is like helping along, This is waiting to see, like they're dropping enough knowledge here and there to be able to decipher it as it.
Speaker 2: Needs to happen.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair, I.
Speaker 3: Think there's something inside of that book that will change the course of humanity possibly.
Speaker 1: But remember they talked about these magic squares, right, So we continue it here while we discovered the meaning behind those four pages the onion we originally obtained those images from updated. This had become a pattern at this point where an onion was discovered, it will go offline for five to seven days and come back online changed. So these are the magic squares that we are talking about here. Website had a few instructions attached. Please paste the magic squares into the appropriate text areas below, then provide the URL to your tour hidden service. The path to your CGI script will which accepts uploads should be cgi bin upload, and the HTML from input which accepts file uploads should be named file. Additionally, please generate a g n upg key pair and place the public key in the local location key acs. Okay, so now we get into the new numbers of it. So as as much as the book was to tell us about the squares, it actually leads more towards thirty three oh one, it doesn't actually have to do what the information contained within the books. So we have to generate three different magic squares with the values ten, thirty three twice and thirty three oh one at either a seven x seven or five y five grid. Thankfully I recently bloged about the magic squares in our previous works. So bye ba bab. We have to host and build a tour website and this is what comes up. So the question is whether we have to painfully generate these or discover them with them previous puzzles. We know way back in part two, we found a magic square that was utilized for decoding a page. Right, this is a perfectly valid magic square that sums to eleven oh three on every row column diagonalm so I'm leaning toward going back through all media assets from the previous puzzles to discover more squares. Thankfully, within a few weeks between blog posts a bit of renewed energy to try and again, and it didn't take long. I just popped the image into a forensic beta and message with a JPEG error correction scale. Once I started seeing the Cicada logo on Personal and Person, Rasputant comes into focus. I just messed with the sliders and the numbers appeared. So this is the image. So once you did all these things, you went to Premier Libis, you got these numbers, you made the magic squares, and you made a tore browser. This image would come up and you had to mess with the color schemes, you had to mess with the brightness and all this an image of Rasputant Cicada and these numbers showed up. So again I don't I don't think it actually had to do with Premier Lebis. I don't think it actually had to do with Crowley. I don't think it actually had to do with Gibson, although it might everything is connected. I think that that was more of a stepping stone to get you to the next spot. I could be wrong, but this is a more zoomed in image of it, and it's I mean, I wouldn't even think to do this if I been given this image, I'm not gonna start messing with the sliders to find brightness and contrast to get these things.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, you gotta be really smart.
Speaker 1: So this goo ahead, No go ahead. I was just gonna keep reading.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It says that this results in a left column of numbers and a right column of numbers. Sadly, this does not appear to be a full magic square, and no more numbers could be discovered. However, if you sum the left column and the right column, they equal ten thirty three and thirty three oh one, mirror images of each other. We know we already have a five y five square that sums two ten thirty three, and the left column could be a single column or row of the seven x seven square, and likewise, the right column sums two thirty three oh one and could represent the five by five magic square that psalms thirty three oh one. But anyway, continuing on here, so if we look back at the end at all the assets from the puzzle, we had an image of Godell's incompetentness theorem or incompleteness theorem. An I mc esher a three second audio clip of Box Trio Sonata, the photo above, and an MP three song Interconnectedness, which you could still find online right now Interconnectedness by thirty three oh one. So the first three assets are so tiny, and we already packed in an image, so there was probably not much luck of finding some hidden magic squares within those. We've already ripped apart the photo above, So I believe the missing is something in the audio file, which a lot of people agreed with that. By the way, with the initial release date included, I tossed out any tool that was built after the third puzzle was release East January twenty fourteen, and it wouldn't make sense to use a stenograph scenography tool that didn't exist at the time of the Cicada puzzles. I'll attempt to use this latest version. So basically, this dude is documenting his walk in trying to figure all this shit out. There we go. This is a clip of the audio file itself. I want to say, if I coul zoom in and read what the hell that says? One secret found or yeah, okay, secret found on word ABCD that was That was the clue, and he had to use all these tools within the audio files to find that this message that's this is I.
Speaker 2: Don't even understand how like they're so smart.
Speaker 1: This is scary levels of smart. But yeah, I agree, this is alright. Oh, let's see if we could play it here. So I loaded the song into Sonic Visualizer and was personally lost beyond belief. Oh let's check it out.
Speaker 2: I can't hear it.
Speaker 1: Neither can the audio's up. But again, it wasn't about the song.
Speaker 2: See I don't I don't know.
Speaker 3: I've been building and formulating my theory, so I'm ready.
Speaker 1: To I hear you. And again there's no incorrect theories here. Nothing is concrete here. My knowledge using waveform spectagrams and melodic frequency graphing was next to zero, so I had to spend some time learning techniques for discovering information hidden within a song. With a bit of research, I went through the following spectrogram analysis. I was looking for some messenger code hidden within the spectagram waveform analysis. I was looking for anomalies in the waveform that might suggest some data within success thrives in the world of Sonic Visualizer, when you have an original audio file and one you think is modified to compare against this song produced by Cicada, As far as I can tell, as an original creation, we have nothing to compare it against. The more I researched the audio via Sonic, the more I realized that Kada thirty three to oh one would not have made something so easy to spot in a tool. So Kata puzzles are resistant to brute forcing generally, so my guess, if anything is packed in this file, we haven't found it. This tool Sonic has gone through nearly twenty versions since twenty thirteen, but I'm under the belief the tools visualizing data have only improved, so I'll ignored the older versions and just move on, all right, So continue on. We're skipping way ahead in this because my god, he's talking about things that I feel like most people have no idea what it's about. So anyway, so I decided to try again using an older version of open Puff version four point zero and run through my possible passwords again. To my surprise, I hit thirty three oh one one zero three three with a fifty percent bit selection and saw a different message than ever before. I couldn't believe the password was in front of my face the entire time. As I hit okay, another dialogue popped up with the details on what it discovered. Hidden file name magic square text or it says beginner report hidden file magic square dot text. Bite size is seven hundred and forty five bytes. I don't know what that letter's supposed to be into report. Success was finally here a hidden file called magic square dot text was hidden within the interconnected MP three. So hidden within that song when you knew what to plug up and want to look into it, here a text box was able to be extrapolated Magic squares. I don't even know, like what to make of that. You're muted. I was like, you're muted at this moment.
Speaker 3: Sorry, yeah, no, I said, I don't even know what to think about that like that. I would die if this was like someone like you had to solve it or you die kind of vibe.
Speaker 2: No, I'm smart enough for this.
Speaker 1: But but then magic squares, being that he had already put in these numbers from these magic squares earlier, so he was able to go there in this eighty one seven fifteen, all this stuff and seven was the last column in the second magic square. All these other numbers was the first column reversed in the first magic square. So now we had the magic squares discovered, and we had to build a tour website that Sikata would presumably communicate with us through which they did. These are the file locators. This is what they were communicating like carefully, the magic squares were pasted into their respective box in the URL to create the onion was added and submit was clicked. Instead of the generic unsuccessful page, we were presented with a simple response page with three more book pages. It's that's what I'm saying. It's it's it's more of the premier lebas And you have to use this to go back and do all this again to find more info, to find more intel and all these things. This whole page right, and then these numbers at the bottom. I ran each stream through a basic Translate reverse and surprising, the last page decoded successfully. I see and instruction.
Speaker 2: See an instruction in what we thing all? I think I think I have it actually pulled up.
Speaker 1: Let me see all things. Discover truth inside yourself, follow your truth.
Speaker 3: I have this one that says welcome welcome, welcome, pilgrim to the great journey toward the end of all things. It is not an easy trip for those who find their way here, it is a necessary one. Along the way you will find to find an end to all struggle in suffering, your innocence, your illusions, your certainty, and your reality. Ultimately, your will discover an end too self. And it is through this pilgrim pil pilgrimage that we shape ourselves in our realities, journey deep within reality, and will arrive outside the lice that interstar. It is only through going with in that we may emerge in wisdom.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I thought I had that part.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, you're good A bit of I have.
Speaker 3: Actually, I pulled up a website that has a lot of all the deciphers.
Speaker 1: Of this word that we couldn't figure. That's question all things, Question all things, it says. The audio occurs with what is clearly question all things. You can see the only option we have is C or K when we expected a Q. So that's supposed to be question in all things.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's right.
Speaker 1: So basically, uh an instruction question all things, truth inside or discover. Yeah, so that's supposed to be discover because the U and the V right. Discover truth inside yourself, follow your truth, impose nothing on others. Know this. So again an instruction question all things. Discover truth inside yourself, follow your truth, impose nothing on others. Know this, and then a number. See all of that was extrapolated off of a tour browser, off of a audio clip, off of the liber Primus, off of this other thing. It all it's just one thing after another after another after another. So we're scrolling all the way down here because the dude goes way more in depth with it, and he used so many different keys to decode this. So right here we have a chart the original the original runic character, the original runic character index of what the numbers were supposed to mean. Then when you plug that into a visionaire key, uh gomatria primus visionaire index, a shifted runic sequence, and then the shifted runic character. And that's how he was able to decode and decipher all of this shit, which then led him back to the book and there was more things, and it's let's see if they're going to break this down. So a Cohen during so with a bit of cleanup I could clean up the entire three pages into one solid story long way he got here, but this, let's just get here a cone. During a lesson, the master explained the I. The I is the voice of the circumference, he said. When asked by a student to explain what he meant, the master said, it is a voice inside your head. I don't have a voice in my head, thought the student, and he raised his hand to tell the master. The master stopped the student and said, the voice that just said that you don't have a voice in your head is the eye. And the students were enlightened an instruction question all things. Discover the truth inside yourself, follow the truth, impose nothing on others. Know this and the number sequence. So that was the entire thing from this, and he goes more in depth with a lot of it. But yeah, this dude put in the legwork to find the answer to these puzzles.
Speaker 2: Good God, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: So the inn Star Emergence was another audio clip that was used, and I do believe you could find the sound bite still on YouTube if you know where to look. So this is liber Primus of the Cicada thirty three oh one Z library and for those that don't know. Wait, wise, this is not loading. There we go, now, it's loading. It's taking a minute. Chapter one the infus and unless you can read Nordic ruins, you're gonna be shit out of luck on trying to figure out what the hell they're trying to say here, honestly. But there's more. There's these pages and pages and pages, and there's a cicada at the bottom of this one. Right then you have these Some letters are read, that's very significant, some are not. Some have the women standing on the side of them, some just have the little fancy swirlly marks. But this is the entirety of the Premier or liber Primus book. These dots, I feel like those dots are also significant.
Speaker 2: Everything is significant, Everything is significant.
Speaker 1: We got a tree, what's this one gonna be?
Speaker 3: Which is not uncommon considering mythology and the tree of life and all the different things that revolve around trees.
Speaker 1: Which that also makes sense because if you're to cut this in half, that's one way up. That's when we're going down, like the roots and the limbs of the tree. But yeah, so this is the book in question. This one has a flying cicada and a tree. This one's got read an infinity symbol. Again, good cult members, If you're not seeing this on your screen right now, you really do need a condopatreon dot com slash CULTU conspiracy podcast to see what the hell we are talking about on this anyway, moving on, moving on, I just wanted to show that, yes, liber Primus is still a thing that you can go to right now. You can still search it up and if you can read runes then by all means get after it homing. But even those that can read Nordic runs, they're saying that this isn't an indelible sentence. This is a code. There's ciphers, there's ways that it's written that don't make sense in regular speech pattern, and it's done that way specifically apparently. Now I don't know if Cicada made this, or if this is some sort of an old text that dates way way way back and then Cicada is using it for this purpose or what. I don't know, But I mean, at this point, anybody's guess is as good as anybody else is here. So this is uh, the leber Primus on is uncovering Cicada dot fandom. This is what you were talking about believe nothing from this book.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, there's a there's a lot of stuff. It was discovered in two thousand and eight or twenty eighteen.
Speaker 1: So that was after the cicada stuff had already been wrapped up.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Okay. So the warning we already read that one do not change this book or digital.
Speaker 3: The digital book emerged in the puzzles in twenty fourteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, first book. So I'm like, let me, let me double check because it's.
Speaker 1: Said that this isn't ancient Nordic literature.
Speaker 3: I know, but it said Google. I'm looking at Google. Yeah, I'm like, that doesn't make any sense to me. Why that would be, uh, why that would be saying that it was found It was discovered in twenty eighteen.
Speaker 1: So I learned to you. So I will read the pages that had been deciphered and we'll just see what we got here. So we already talked about the warning. The next one is welcome. Welcome, Pilgrim, Pilgrim, piglmm. Welcome pilgrim to the great journey toward the end of all things. This is not an easy trip, but for those who find their way here, it is a necessary one. Along the way, you will find an end to all struggle and suffering, your innocence, your illusions, your certainty, and your reality. Ultimately, you will discover an end to self. And it's through this pilgrimage that we shape ourselves and our realities. Journey deep within and you will arrive outside like the in star. It is only through going within that we may emerge wisdom. You are a being unto yourself. You are a law unto yourself. Each intelligence is holy, for all that lives is holy, an instruction command for your own self some wisdom. The primes are sacred, the tocient function is sacred. All things should be encrypted. Know this, and then that's the number sequence right there, right, And we already talked about a cohen A man decided to go on to study with a master. We read that one already. Let's see. The man thought for a moment, replied, oh wait.
Speaker 3: Wait, wait wait wait, yeah, so that's actually a really interesting part.
Speaker 2: I have it highlighted from my theory.
Speaker 1: Actually, so a cohen A man decided to go on to study with a master. He went to the door of the master. Who are you who wishes to study here? Ask the master? The student told the master his name. That is not who you are, That is only what you are called. Who you are? Or who are you? Who wishes to study here? He asked again. The man thought for a moment and replied, I am a professor. That is what you do, not who you are, replied the master. This reminds me of that scene from Anger Management. You know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I do.
Speaker 1: That is what you do, not who you are, replied the master. Who are you who wishes to study here? Confuse? The man thought some more. Finally he answered, I am a human being that is only your species, not who you are. Who are you that wishes to study here? The master asked again. After a moment of thought, the professor replied, I am a conscious inhabiting or I am a consciousness inhabiting an arbitrary body. That is merely what you are, not who you are. Who are you who wishes to study here? The man was getting irritated. I am, he stated, but he could not think of anything else to say, so he trailed off. After a long pause, the master applied, then you are welcome to come study an instruction. Do four unreasonable things each day? So wait, wait, so he's basically saying I am, and then just didn't say anything after that, and he's like, then you are welcome to study. Okay, So do four unreasonable things each day the loss of divinity. The circumference practices three behave which cause the loss of divinity. Consumption. We consume too much because we believe the following two errors within the deception. Number one, we do not have enough or there is not enough, or number two we have what we have now by luck, and we will not be strong enough later to obtain what we need. Most things are not worth consuming. Preservation. We preserve things because we believe we are weak. If we lose them, we will not be strong enough to gain them. Again. This is the deception. Most things are not worth preserving. Most things are not worth preserving. Adherents we follow dogma so that we can belong, to belong and be right, or we follow reasons so we can belong and be right. There is nothing to be right about. To belong is death. It is the behaviors of consumption, preservation, and adherence that we have us that have us lost, that have us lose our primality and thus our divinity. Some wisdom a mass great wealth. Never become attached to what you own. Be prepared to destroy all that you own. An instruction program, your mind program reality a cone. During a lesson, the master explained, this is the voice and the circumference. The master stopped and the students were enlightened. Question all things to discover your truth. Know this. We talked about the numbers on that already an end. Within the deep web, there exists a page that hashes tolah blah. There's a lot of code there. It is the duty of every pilgrim to seek out this page. Parable like the instar tunneling through the surface, we must shed our circumferences, find the divinity within and emerge.
Speaker 3: So that's crazy as I can't find anything on who actually made this and where it came from and when it happened.
Speaker 2: Everything keeps putting back to Cicada.
Speaker 1: This isn't, like I said, This isn't like an ancient Nordic text. This is a thing created by Cicada for this entire purpose. It's not written by Crowley, written by Huxley, written by Agrippa like, this is literally just made for this purpose, which is pretty fascinating enough it self. So I mean there's there's tons. There's tons to break down here.
Speaker 3: So this is the more That article is basically the people that took Cikeida and made it into a ransom software.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll read that one towards the end. Two because the Y files shout out to the y files. They did an episode on this a couple of years ago, and I hear what he thinks as far as the overarching theme behind it, but I don't necessarily agree and I don't necessarily disagree either. Y'all tell me what y'all think about a good cult members. Let's play it now.
Speaker 2: Iber Primus is the way.
Speaker 5: Its words are the map, the meaning is the road, and their numbers are the direction.
Speaker 2: They devoted.
Speaker 1: Seek and you will be found. Good luck will be thirty three oh one.
Speaker 6: Will beware false paths. Many speculated that their numbers are the direction was the major clue, but still no progress was made. In twenty seventeen, a user stumbled across a message from Cicada in Google's cased pages that nobody had noticed.
Speaker 5: Beware false paths, always verify PGP signature.
Speaker 1: We're thirty three oh one, and.
Speaker 6: That was the last anyone heard from Cicada thirty three oh one. It's been a few years with no solution to Liber Primus and no further contact from Cicada. This was disappointing to a lot of people. After all this over several years, we were still no closer to finding out who Cicada thirty three oh one was or what they did. But liber Primus was the third quest. The first two were solved, and the people who solved them they started talking. When that first image appeared on four Chan looking for highly intelligent individuals, the chase was on. The mysterious group known as thirty three oh one presented clues and challenges that thousands of techies and puzzle solvers found impossible to resist. Each mystery became more complex. The clues that connected Julius Caesar and King Arthur to cryptography were genius and easy enough to solve that people became hooked. The solutions that led to phone numbers and geographic coordinates made the search even more real. But over time it became clear that thirty three oh one was looking for a specific type of person. To solve Cicada, you needed knowledge of the concepts and the tools used in encryption. You had to have computer skills, understand operating systems, and be handy with programming. It also didn't hurt if you had expertise in may numerology and pre Christian literature. Yeah, who doesn't, But who was Cicada. A popular theory was that this was a recruiting effort for a government intelligence agency like CIA, NSA or MI six, and there was plenty of precedent for that. During the Second World War, the top secret Government Code and Cipher School used cross exsword puzzles printed in the Daily Telegraph to identify good candidates for Bletchley Park. Those recruits, along with Alan Turing, went on to solve the Enigma machine, which helped the Allies win the war. NSA and CIA ran similar contests over the years. Companies like Google and Microsoft have also used cryptography and puzzles to recruit, but one of the early winners said Cicada was none of these. After solving the final round of puzzles in twenty thirteen, he received an email with a username and password, along with a site address on the dark Web. The site had two parts, a message board and a chat room. The message board had various topics, including a welcome section, and an area for Cicada's goals and current projects. The chatroom had about twenty members. According to a couple of the winners, Cicada wanted to further the use of cryptography so more people would have access to Internet privacy. Section and an area for Cicada's goals and current projects. The chatroom had about twenty members. According to a couple of the winners, Cicada wanted to further the use of cryptography so more people would have access to Internet privacy. Cicada had some big goals, but in the short term, they wanted to recruit highly technical people to develop open source cryptography software. All I had to fight people to write free software yep, and I think this was Cickada's big mistake. The recruits didn't want to write software that wanted to solve puzzles, and when the puzzles stopped, the membership dwindled. There were spikes in membership when new challenges appeared, but it was the same story. The winners weren't interested in writing software, they weren't driven by ideology, they didn't care about politics. They just wanted to solve puzzles. The same thing happens when NSACIAGHQ and other intelligence organizations do recruitment drives. Many of the winners are offered positions in one of these agencies, and many of them refuse. They don't want to work in government and it too smart to wake and government. Well, that might be part of it, but really they just want to solve puzzles. Whenever you achieve a task, your brain rewards you with a hit of dopamin. This could mean finishing a workout, completing a school project, or figuring out an escape room. Achieve a goal gets some dopamin. Our brains love dopamin. It turns out that solving problems is one of the biggest, if not the biggest, source of dopamin for the brain. Solving puzzles like those presented by Cicada reward us with dopaman while we're working on them, and when we actually solve one, well, Cicada solvers describe that feeling is nothing less than exhilarating. Now, plenty of people are interested in politics and ideology, but not too many of them would describe their interest as exhilarating. Puzzles make us happy. When was the last time politics made you happy? And although two of the goals of this channel are to educate and inspire. The primary goal is to entertain. In other words, the WI Files is here to make you happy. So that's why I've included a Cicada type puzzle in this video. Think you can find it.
Speaker 1: Shout out once again to the wy Files. I absolutely love the program. But now, okay, I hear what he's saying that perhaps Cicada was used as some sort of recruitment tool. But and I do agree with that to a point. Was it for a government agency. Possibly? Was it for a group of activist people, possibly that too. But again, if they got to the end of the yellow brick road and discovered that all it was was a group that was writing code to make Internet more accessible to everybody, I could understand why a lot of them be like, Yeah, I didn't put in all this work and all this extra thinking to write code for some group of people I'm never gonna meet and never gonna make money from, So like thanks, but no thanks. I could imagine that too.
Speaker 3: I have a theory that's kind of I have two that I've been working throughout this entire thing. Now I'm not the numerology person that's but I found it interesting that certain things kept repeating itself throughout all of this, and when I kept breaking down more and more of what we were reading and what they put it in, I was like, you know what, there's too much of it to think of the to not acknowledge it at least. So thirty three oh one is actually the angel number, which I thought was kind of interesting.
Speaker 1: Are you sure, because I've heard a lot of these numbers be used as an angel number, like the god frequency and whatever.
Speaker 3: So I'm actually on numerology box dot com and it says explaining the thirty three Zho one angel number meaning and it talks about that it's uh that it's actually apparently an angel number meaning spirituality and as as it breakings us down into three components with creativity, self.
Speaker 2: Expiration, and communication.
Speaker 3: What I what I originally started looking at was the actual numbers in and of itself, like zero one and thirty three and so like zero is void, infinite cycles, one is beginnings, fresh individuality and independence, and thirty three is spiritual awareness, enlightenment, compassion, and healing. Was like, it's interesting, I mean, because if you look at the theme of everything that they brought to every little piece of this. It all really boils down to as like new beginnings, it restarting stuff over good and evil, enlightenment. And so I'm like, okay, well that's kind of weird. So thirty three one equal seven, which is introspection, spirituality, and analytical thinking. Now I'm not Jonathan, so I don't know the woouness of all the numerology, but I felt like it was something worth actually saying, because it all seems to add into this compounding, massive thing that they built.
Speaker 2: And what I found. Did you see did you show a feather on one of the.
Speaker 1: Pages the premier Lebis. Yes, there was a cicada. There was like a cicada that seemed like it was more of a cocoon. There was a feather, There was women, there were swirls, or were trees.
Speaker 3: So the feather was kind of kind of made me think of something. So I was like, you know what they put in Egyptian stuff as well?
Speaker 2: And I was like, which I remember, the.
Speaker 1: Goddess, where where do they put in Egyptian stuff? You said that earlier when it was the Book of the Dead, that was Agrippa, That wasn't Egypt.
Speaker 3: No, because when I was reading another section of it, they somehow brought in Egyptian. I didn't know if that was actually in it or if this was one of those fandom things.
Speaker 2: That like included that in.
Speaker 3: Maybe that was, but I mean, if you look at it in the sense of their bringing all types of because even the one book that they brought that they referenced has mythology into Celtic lure and about justice, about injustice.
Speaker 2: A lot of it has to do with justice.
Speaker 3: A lot of their stuff that they were talking about, right, And so if you look at the if it was actually a feather, and then if if the Egyptian was brought in or not, you know, because the.
Speaker 1: Way your heart against the feather to see where you go in the afterlife.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a symbol mat depiction of an ostrich feather as a symbol of truth and justice. So again justice is referenced in another way, if that was a part of it or not, which I found to be really kind of strange that everything kept being thirty three and adding back to enlightenment and all these different things. Aleistair Crowley's Book of Law is supposedly dictated to him by a beyond human being which you know it's weird.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean he was trying to talk with demons a lot. That was his whole thing. He wanted to be the most wicked man to ever live, which.
Speaker 3: You know, I think applies to this because this was also like and then I read more about it, it was all about enlightenment, digital freedom, which makes me kind of like circle all back to my.
Speaker 2: Theory of I have two theories. Either this is a new age.
Speaker 3: In like new age vigilante group that is wanting to bring about justice and what it talked about in the portions that you could see about the Libra was talking about, you know, beware of the truth that's gonna you're gonna find and all this stuff that's gonna happen. You know, you're gonna pretty much break it apart and you will find. Of course, I can't find them one thing that I'm looking for. Hang on, I think that these might be vigilantes in some way. Yeah, I think it, or believe nothing in the book finds your truth, experience your death. I feel like when they're talking about this, they're talking about the dark web in and of itself, and that you're gonna find all of what you don't want to see, like if they are this smart and it is a vigilante cyber hacking group that is like actually fighting the true evil like the the elites, the elite elite, and find out really what they are, really what's been happening for centuries and all of this stuff. I think that plays into this is your enlightenment. You're becoming more enlightened of what's actually around you.
Speaker 2: Uh. That's probably more along the lines of what this is. My other thought, which is kind.
Speaker 3: Of crazy, is that it's an ancient society, like a secret society that has been around for a long time that dabbles, that is involved in the good and evil war that's.
Speaker 2: Been going on for centuries, and that this is a part of recruiting people that could help wage the win the war now that we're in the digital.
Speaker 3: Aspect of things versus what it used to be, Yeah, And that they're looking for specific characteristics of people, and that they're letting you know that like this is going to be something that once you get into this, then you're never going to get back out, and that there's so much more to this world and this is going to be your true enlightenment once you break the code, you're going to be recruited into this. So those are my two random, weird theories. But I feel like if you look at it all of it, it.
Speaker 2: Breaks it down.
Speaker 1: I think you're onto something With both of those actually taking into account everything, this was clearly a recruiting tool for some group, and I've got to be honest, I don't think that it was a group that was out there doing the good war wor I'll put it like that. And there's multiple reasons why I believe that. For one, the fact that they wanted people that were that well acquainted with the dark Web, Like most most good people out there doing good things are not going onto the dark web for any fucking thing right now. I'm not saying everybody who's on the dark web or evil. Well, again, if you're hacking, you're probably not doing it for good purposes.
Speaker 3: But a lot of people do try to hack to get information to be spread out.
Speaker 2: Not everyone, not everyone, but there are.
Speaker 3: Decent people, and I think that's what that personality test was for. I think what a lot of these things were for is to realize that they are whoever they're recruiting might need to be morally gray because of what they're going to be doing. Yes, is I personally think that this is actually a positive thing, that they recruited people for a positive, vigilante style war that they're waging that we aren't a part of, Like we don't see.
Speaker 1: So I could see the point of that. And also I could see that most of the people that were participating in this, I don't think we're like bad people like by any anything like, right right, right, right. But what I'm saying is when they finally got their offer letter, the fifteen year old obviously didn't do it. Like he got the offer, he made it through and decided, nah, I'm going to go help people instead. You see what I'm saying, Like he had all that capability to work with Cicada to be a part of the click, and he decided, Nah, dude, I'm going to go try to help the earth and help you know, the human genome in totality instead. I'm good, But That's what I'm saying. And then also that everything had to be secret in nature. Most very positive things are not secret in nature, right.
Speaker 2: And then but if.
Speaker 3: You're waging your war against things that we don't know about, like the common folk don't know about that that this is stuff that we hypothetically feel like it might be true, but this is these people actually understand the underbelty or the dimensional stuff or all of these things that we think that might be true, but no, they are going to find out for the for real, like this is what's really gonna happen.
Speaker 2: It's gonna break your truth.
Speaker 3: It's gonna you're gonna experience your death as a human and you're gonna become something else. You're gonna become enlightened in some way, and you're gonna do something.
Speaker 1: Else, which also ties into what I think they're like, Yeah, no, you're gonna lose your humanity if you if you do this, you're you're gonna be a part of the bad guys. I think that this is a recruitment tool for the dark elites. They were claiming that it was for good purposes, but you wouldn't know any different until you got your welcome letter and then realize all the projects that they're associated with, and then you realize like, oh oh, it's like it's like that scene like Hans, are we the Baddies? I think that might have been what this was.
Speaker 3: I could be so I can appreciate your theory too, because I definitely didn't think about that as well.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 3: I was considering, you know, what could this be for good? Could this be for evil? What are the balancing because everything is about balance, scales, justice, enlightenment. You know, you're finding all this truth beginnings, you know all that step so.
Speaker 1: And take away religious dogma, take away whatever religious take away the dogma, but of this thought process. And I'm not even saying Christian or Buddhist or what take away religious titles for just a second, of all spiritual walks on earth, one side is telling you that, oh, well, you don't have enlightenment, but we can offer it to you. And the other side is saying, no, if you're wanting enlightenment, dude, dot dot dot, And like here you go. One of these sides operates in the darkness and they're talking about revealing the light to you, and the other side talks about how, no, no, here's the light. You could just take it. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I do, I see what you're saying.
Speaker 1: And again, I could be so wrong.
Speaker 2: I have no idea what it could be.
Speaker 3: I just found to be interesting that the cycles kept repeating the specific people that they chose what they were saying, like, you didn't need to select all of these things.
Speaker 2: You didn't need to.
Speaker 3: Select these certain people that have ties into everything else that bring up different types of occult meanings, that have mythology and these different things that are talking about constantly.
Speaker 2: Justice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know, And that was only just a little bit that we broke that I was able to break down while we were having this conversation. So to break it fully down, I'm curious to see what it would actually lay out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I agree. And that's the worst part. No one is ever gonna know because allegedly the people that got their welcome letter either walked away and they've never spoken of it since. And perhaps that could be because they realize whatever level of people they're talking to could affect their actual real life, right, and so they're just like, hey man, silence is key and I'm walking away, Or they took the acceptance letter and they'll never speak of it because now they're in the click. So it's like where they disappeared, or they disappeared that all of this could be true. Hell, this could be the fucking Aliens for all we know. Real shit, it could be.
Speaker 3: I mean, honestly, I thought, like half of the episode, I really thought this was like aliens of some type. Like I really thought that it was aliens or supernatural being. I actually wrote down my first initial thought was that this was an inch of society before the reset, before we got reset and lost a lot of our information. This is a subgroup that has been around fighting the dark Elites or fighting the darkness of some type, and that they have now utilized this to find new recruits to add in their fold to try and combat this on the digital scale. I didn't that was my initial thoughts that I was thinking maybe aliens. I was thinking different, just a whole bunch of different things.
Speaker 1: It might be Illuminati, it might be global dark Elites, it might be a real genuine activists that are like doing good things for the Earth. There's so many possibilities here, to be completely honest, and I'm very glad that we did this episode.
Speaker 3: To be honest, me too, It's very it's been very interesting and.
Speaker 1: Enlightening and enlightening. So now we have this last article here, Raven, you sent this one to me as a matter of fact, Well.
Speaker 2: They don't have to like break it all the way down.
Speaker 3: But I found it to be interesting that the this so twenty twenty four and twenty twenty five, they talk about the Cicada thirty three oh one now being used as a ransomware and that this is it was on all the big tech sites, so this is apparently a thing that this got turned into.
Speaker 2: They don't feel that it has an association with it.
Speaker 1: So it's a copycat, but it's.
Speaker 3: A copycat of it that specifically used that though to do this, So I don't know.
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, so yeah. Dissecting Cicada. A new ransomware group calling themselves Cicada thirty three oho one was observed in in June twenty twenty four when they posted four victims on a victim blog. Since then, Cicada thirty three oh one has added more victims to this list. The name Cicada thirty three oh one appears to be taken from an internet cryptography game a few years ago, but there is nothing to tie this ransomware group to that phenomena. Okay, so it appears to be a traditional ransomware as a service group that offers a platform for double extortion with both a ransomware and a data league site to its affiliates. The first published leak on the group's data leak site is dated to June twenty fifth, twenty twenty four. Four days later, on June twenty nine, the group published an invitation to potential affiliates to join their ransomware as a service platform on the cybercrime forum ramp okay. As as advertised above, the Cicada group uses a ransomware written in Rust for both Windows and Linux hosts. This report will focus on the x ex eesxi Excuse Me ransomware. There are artifacts in the code that suggest that the Windows ransomware is the same ransomware, just as a different compilation. While more and more ransomware groups are adding the es XI ransomware to their arsenal, only a few groups are known to have used the es XI written in Rust. One of them is a now defunct black Cat alf V ransomware as a service group. Analysis of the code has also shown several similarities to the code to the ALFV set.
Speaker 3: Okay, So yeah, so apparently they stole it from the black Cat group is pretty much what another website was saying, that they stole it or they converted it into this new one.
Speaker 1: Wow. So when they say ransomware, they're like they're extorting people seeking.
Speaker 3: From Yeah, they're storing money from companies and apparently they've hit a ton of companies and they have data proof of different types of financial stuff, different types of you know, blackmail pretty much, and they once they have a ransom they have also the leak attached to it, and so pretty much if you don't if you pay it but don't do a certain thing, then it will leak the information or if you pay, like there's a whole bunch of different stuff, and pretty much it talks about breaking down the they're trying to hunt this group down and try to basically not get hacked and get involved.
Speaker 2: In this situation. So this is true.
Speaker 3: SECT is a hacking AI platform group that talks about different stuff like that.
Speaker 2: But I just thought it was interesting because that was the first thing.
Speaker 3: That popped up when I typed in Cicada three point thirty one was this group that's ransoming out money from companies globally.
Speaker 1: And then keep in mind the Cicada, the original Cicada said to watch out for copycats and check the PGP to make sure that it's coming from the original source because they knew there was going to be a ton of copycats. They're going to try to use their name to do things. So yeah, I personally don't believe this is the same group, but I don't think so either.
Speaker 2: Wow. But yeah, so what an episode that was. I'm not gonna lie. I totally want to dig into this more.
Speaker 1: No, I agree, Oh my god, this there's so many levels to it. It goes so deep. Just the amount of work that was needed to break down the first code and then to go to the next one and go to the next one. Like I who has the time and the brain power to do this kind of shit? But apparently when one person got to the final element, there was like twenty people in the chat room, So it's like, yeah, out of the entire world, maybe twenty people could figure it out. Okay, see it. I could see that.
Speaker 2: I could see it. It's such a minute number. But I don't know. I want to I'm not gonna lie until.
Speaker 3: You want to sit I don't have the time to do it, but I want to sit down and break everything down that they put into it and see how it all connects. And I mean, I don't We're never gonna know, and it's not like we're smart enough to figure that shit out.
Speaker 1: So yeah, no, you're not so. In conclusion, members Cicada thirty three to oh one. In twenty twelve, this random thing popped up and so many online brainiacts got their hands on it and decided they wanted to find out the deeper meaning. It led them down quite a rabbit hole, and then one month later it went away. They redid it again in twenty thirteen and twenty fourteen and allegedly was as a recruiting tool. Was it from the government, Was it from a activist source? Was it from the Illuminati? Was it from the Aliens? We don't know. Was it from the Freemasons? We don't know. But they finally found whatever recruiting number they were looking for, because after three rounds of it, they finally sectioned it off and closed it down for good. What do you make of this? Where is it going? What is the overarching themes? What was their goal? The world may actually never know. I don't know. I do like how I do like how there's so much speculation, and how you and I were able to pull from this and come up with our own theories on this, and there's no right or wrong. There's no way of knowing.
Speaker 3: I have no idea either, but I'm curious to see what other cult members say, what their theories are, I mean mine, we're kind of just listening this the first time I've really heard of it, and just shot out of a cannon and just reading what I could while we were talking and all this stuff, and who knows. I do think though, that I personally think that it is some type of good that was going to come from this, and that the only way to find these people is utilized in the dark web. There's a lot of people that understand how to because that's where all the platforms are to break things down and to talk about all this stuff is through that your average Joe or even the people that are looking around, they're they're not going to just be on the web and just some random thing.
Speaker 2: But I don't know. I think it might be an ancient society still. I think it might be a vigilante group. I don't know, but it just seems it just seems.
Speaker 3: Too like in the positive of justice that for me personally, I feel like it's something they took whoever it was, and did good with it.
Speaker 1: But that's the other thing. Justice is subjective, right, I mean, it shouldn't be there. There should be pretty pretty clear cut, but unfortunately it depends on who you ask. What is justice? How is justice truly served? Right? And so for these people's online interpretation of justice through an esoteric lens, is that the correct form of justice? And then who's to say if it is or is not correct? They had a very heavy emphasis on justice, a very heavy emphasis on secrecy. Secrecy. God, I'm having issues speaking and the occult and knowledge self enlightenment, enlightenment and totality, and then also a serious understanding of technical know how to be able to extrapolate all of these things. I don't know who they were hunting.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's a matrix. Maybe it's the matrix, break the matrix. This is Morpheus, missus Morpheus.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's that he's trying to find the NEOs.
Speaker 3: You, yeah, Maybe that he's trying to find the NEOs and to break it through. I did actually think about that earlier too, but I just forgot about it. It would make sense, I mean, they need people that are able to read the binary codes and all the different shit that and be able to be so smart to break the.
Speaker 2: Matrix that is the global evil elite and all this stuff.
Speaker 3: If Jonathan is correct and we're living in alternate reality and all these things, we needed the smarter, the smart to be able to get to it, and it would break you. You would have a human death because everything you knew is ultimately a lie and we aren't even real like we're not actually experiencing the way that we're supposed to live.
Speaker 2: Woo man, mind blown.
Speaker 1: Good cult members, We want to hear what you have to say on this and what do you think about CICKDA thirty three to oh one? Do you think it was a good thing a bad thing? Internet gain that went a little too far and a little too in depth. We want to hear from you. But before we get that plug, I want to go ahead and tell everybody if you would like to get your start in the buying and selling and trading of old and Silver Boy, and then go to link in the description to cocsilver dot com. When you fill out your information, our homeboy, Wayne Clark would be the one to reach out to you and get you squared away, especially as we're talking about how much this is a part of the system we do know that the financial system is not gonna last forever. Silver and gold will have a value regardless of what the financial system is doing. To get your hands on some now while it's still affordable, go to cocsilver dot com. When we started this affiliate program with them, gold was over three thousand dollars an ounce. It's still way up there. Silver was a little over thirty dollars an ounce. It's currently over eighty five dollars an ounce. That was about a year ago, and it's already gone over double its initial value. It's still affordable. You can still get you some best place cocsilver dot com link in the description below. But good cult members, as we are wrapping up this episode about Cicada thirty three to oh one, we want to hear what you think about it? Have you ever done research into it? Do you know anybody that was trying to break down these puzzles when they were popping off? Were you one of them? We want to hear from you. What do you think about it? And the best place to let us know would be too please hit the five stars at the Shares of Lice. Suscribes im pleave a poster reviews shares the Prince of vill ask where here's the deal? Mess up my words? It's all good. The more activity the algorithm seas across all of our listening platforms, the more we get promoted and more potential listeners who could then become potential Coat members. Actor Steve finally as and gentlemen, why are you ready to go check out Menimistics Jonthon show and give him the same love and respect over there with the five star views and the positivity in the comments. Come check out the Cajun Knights and come join each of us for our individual Patreon lies we host every Wednesday night at nine pm Central. Links to those are in the description as well. And we thank you for everybody's already gone and done so. And with all of this being said, this was another beautiful episode of the Cult of Conspiracy. And I'm the Cajun Knight. And there's one very important, extremely vital piece of information. We need you the letter just as soon as humanly possible.