Speaker 1: Bill Cunningham, the Great America.
Speaker 2: Welcome this war is but maybe raining Monday afternoon in the tristild What a weekend it was in the Tri State. But the music festival was fabulous, and of course the years at Getafest was unbelievable. In Newport, I went to a great event in the war in the end. I'll talk about that in a few minutes. Plus. Thank god the Reds are back having somehow this is I'm not sure I might ask Brian Hamrick this question. It is the bottom of the eighth inning. The Reds are winning one zip. If somebody had told you at the end of the bottom of the eighth inning that the Tampa Bay Club would score two runs and now one ball was hit out of the infield and they ended up the inning with two runs across the plate and the base is still loaded, you wouldn't have believed it. But that's Reds baseball. Brian Hammrick, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And Brian, how are you.
Speaker 3: I'm good.
Speaker 4: Thanks again, mister cunning Am.
Speaker 1: So many issues, so little time I see.
Speaker 2: The one story I want to us on a little bit is the behavior of some of our judges. Recently, we had the kid in Marymont High School who was charged and convicted of terrorist threats, threatening to kill students, teachers, and staff and do other nasty things to them, and Judge Judge Bloom uh in juvenile court actually put him in juvenile prison for about a year and a half. Then we also had the case of Benjamin Addison who was murdered UC student. He thought his car was maybe being broken into, goes out and he's murdered, and she tried she put that case into adult court, which is what Melissa Powers wanted to happen.
Speaker 1: This is out of character for Judge Bloom.
Speaker 2: Do you think possibly that juvenile court might be getting the message that the community doesn't want this soft approach to law enforcement. When you kill somebody or threaten to blow up Merrymont High School, you might have consequences.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were just in there for Jaden Shaw, who was well Daydon Shaw was in a different court room. He was the kid who had been in you saw those group attacks downtown. Then he was in another he was Judge Shrigg's court room. And and oh, Judge Dragg was not happy with this kid at all. He was one of those that you saw in the group that attacked the guy unprovoked from behind and beat the guy up, left him with a bust that eye, his knees were u injured, he had a rib.
Speaker 3: You know, he was just beaten and pummeled.
Speaker 4: And uh he was. He had just turned eighteen. Jaden Shaw had just turned eighteen, and they so he's an adult. It's in adult court. Well, the judge gave him, uh, I think judge Allen Dragg's, and he gave him a chance. He said, hey, look, if you get a job, graduate from school, and you uh, you know, do what we ask of you, then.
Speaker 3: You might have a chance. Well, while he was out, he tried to cut the ankle.
Speaker 4: Monitor off perfect that did not go well.
Speaker 3: He sentenced him.
Speaker 4: He had pleaded this thing out, and he pleated it down from like aggravated robbery.
Speaker 3: I don't know why it wasn't.
Speaker 4: Assault but aggravated robbery to like aggravated riot. But anyway, eighteen months was the most he gave him. And he gave him that, and he let him know he was he was not happy, and that at any time they can keep him in there if they want to for longer, if if he doesn't, you know, do what he's supposed to do while he's in jail. But they could have put him on work release, and that's what the judge said he was gonna do, allow him to, you know, work it out, because he had no juvenile record, no pass anything like that. But it looks like this kid was taking a wrong turn, and this judge got in there and decided to, you know, turn the screws a little harder now instead of waiting for him to get out and do something else.
Speaker 2: So John Jellen Trace is somewhat moderate judge, he's not a left winger, and he kind of said, look, I want to take you.
Speaker 1: You've led a tough life and you're eighteen years old.
Speaker 2: Now, Greg, you just do boot camp, get out of high school, don't come in any more crimes. Maybe get a job, show your functional come back. Put on the ankle monitor so we kind of know where you're going. And this kid cuts off the ankle monitor and then says, you know what, hey, Judge, I'm sorry about that too. I want to compliment Judge Triggs for doing that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right right, No, I mean it was a it was he didn't and he didn't mince any words with the kid either he told him exactly what he thought he you know, and so you've got maybe a little bit more I think there becomes a little more focus on it, you know, and uh, you know, just people talking about it. You know, it's it's the prosecutor's been talking about him.
Speaker 3: Melissa Powers has been you know, all over the thing.
Speaker 4: She's been really upset with some of the things that have happened in juvenile court especially, and we I think we have seen some things. And I don't know whether it's just coincidental or whether if we weren't watching it to be the same, you know, but whatever it is, I think we've seen some of these cases where that they have sent these kids and sentenced him a little harder than some of the things we had seen, you know, maybe in the previous year or so.
Speaker 2: And the other thing in your report on Channel five, you had the twenty five second argument. Can you tell the American people this Monday afternoon about the twenty five second argument council tried to use to no avail.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well it was it was Jaden Shaw's you know, attorney, and he was trying to give some mitigation on why this you know, attack wasn't so bad, and he was trying to put it. He said, it was like twenty five seconds. This this, you know, was twenty five seconds of this kid's life and all that. But you know, it takes the fraction of a second to pull a trigger. And so the twenty five second argument, I don't know how well that went over with the judge, because it was twenty five seconds of terror for the for the gentleman who was being pummeled by all these kids. He didn't know if they were going to stop, if they were going to kill him, what they were going to do that he had no idea. This just comes on and he's walking downtown near Fountain Square up there by like brew Berger's or whatever that is on sixth Street, and out of nowhere, you know, and this is the guy who is here. He didn't even speak English. He had to have an interpreter for his the person that was in court when he was trying to tell what was happening, he has.
Speaker 3: No idea what's going on.
Speaker 4: These people are just attacking him for no reason whatsoever. And they asked this Jaden Shaw, you know, well why.
Speaker 3: Did you do it?
Speaker 4: And he just he just had no he couldn't, are chick any kind of an excuse, like, man, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know what I was doing. I was caught up in a frenzy. And my buddy, if he couldn't this was like, I don't know.
Speaker 4: And I'm thinking, if you don't know why you did it, maybe it's gonna happen again. Maybe you have a gun next time, you know. So I think that's what the judge thought, was like, this is not this is not gonna go. So twenty five seconds turned into a year and a half in prison for Jaydenshaw.
Speaker 2: Another the most liberal judge we've had recently is Judge Kerrie Bloom of Hamiliny County Juvenile Court. And she had before her about a week ago at the Marymont High School kid that threatened to kill I had a list of those who wanted to kill fellow students at Marymount High School, teacher's staff and do disgusting things to the women, et cetera. And I thought, based upon her history, she would say, you know what, put on an ankle monitor the kid. Certainly it was a special needs kid, and I have a great empathy for that, but let's face let's deal with your behavior, not your status, and she gave him like fifteen to sixteen months in juvenile jail because of the stretch to kill a bunch of students, and for Judge Kerrie Bloom, that was out of character.
Speaker 1: Maybe she's getting the message.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, it could be that. I was in the courtroom for that. I was a little surprised too, because that was another one where they could have given him.
Speaker 3: You know, they could have just said, here, you've.
Speaker 4: Got this service where you can go. And he actually wanted to go to a hospital somewhere for mental treatment.
Speaker 3: And they could have done that.
Speaker 4: There were places they could have done. But she also felt like he could get the services that he needs and.
Speaker 3: Be in jail. I think like maybe he was.
Speaker 4: You know, when you see him, he communicates and all this, but they say he has a real difficult time, that he doesn't process things well, and they kind of got into some of the you know, kind of mental challenges that he faces. But she felt like that basically jail for juveniles was the best place for him. So that's what she did with him, and and and you know, it was funny because the family even said, hey, look we're moving out of Marymont. He won't be near any of these folks.
Speaker 3: He won't go near him.
Speaker 4: And they had they had protective orders against all the people that were on the hit list or like a dozen people on the hit list, and uh, and from the school. He can't go there, he can't be at any other kind of functions of any sort. And the family's willing to help, you know, they know they've got to deal with all of this, and so they're in a you know, tough position. They're trying to you know, get through and have a kid with these kind of challenges and so but anyway, he ends up going to jail, and and he'll be there for you know, about a year and a half or so. Well.
Speaker 2: Another issue is Lula Lemon. I don't know about you, and I don't spend much time with Lulu Lemon. I know my producer Dave loves Lululemon. I guess you do too. I've never been in a Lululemon. I guess they sell stretch pants or something. But I'm ritting This story on Channel five website about the Lululemon in Hyde Park has been hit at least twice. Massive thefts are going on. One time was thirty thousand dollars stolen by two women. Next time was two males stole eleven thousand dollars. That's forty thousand dollars worth of merchandise. And every now and then I check in with the prosecutor's office about Louis Vatan and Kenwood Center, ken Wood shopping center there and they were looted about two years ago of hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of stuff. So when I talked to law enforcement Brian Henry, this is what they tell me. On the scales on what we spend our time on. They don't spend time on Lululemon, they don't spend time in Louis Vaton. They spend time on the four to five hundred people shot in the city of Cincinnati, about one hundred murder. They spend time on gang violence. They spend time on drugs. They spend time on burglaries, rapes and ours and thefts of stretch pants from Lululemons.
Speaker 1: Not a big deal.
Speaker 2: So what it does do and the and the thieves got away in a Kia, which I guarantee you was stolen. A Kia and a Hundai are very easy to steal then use that to commit robberies, wear a mask and where you go. But there's there's little or no law enforcement on these massive looting of high end stores. And the amount of money involved is great, the benefits are wonderful. The loss is assumed, and then these businesses, like in downtown San Francisco, simply leave. I saw on YouTube someone drove around the streets of San Francisco and all the businesses are shut down. They can't stay in business. I don't know what the margins are. Lululemon are probably under five percent. But when you lose forty to sixty thousand dollars in merchandise, that equals about a million dollars worth of sales. And they can't afford it. So why don't the coppers? I guess they can't. They're limited, they have limited time that they can't go into Lululemon and Louis Vatona. Take it seriously. No one's using guns in these stores. There's no assaults of any times. They're careful to make it only a grand theft and a way you go. But this is the butcher's misbehavior that tears down American society and is very dangerous. Can you smell when I'm cooking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well it's you know, in Lululemon, you know, forty thousand dollars, that's like a pair of shorts and a pair of socks. So they really find what they got had something expensive in there.
Speaker 1: I gotta go check it out.
Speaker 3: But yeah, but.
Speaker 4: It's you know, it's the thing is you know, I was out in San Francisco a couple of years ago when they were kind of at the peak of this and I was walking down the street. I mean it's just randomly and somebody had busted the windows of a hat store and they were going in and getting hats. It's sort of like, well, you know, I mean I thought, man, if I was gonna waste trying to get arrested, it wouldn't be over it.
Speaker 3: You know, a cubs hat.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean, what what what are you thinking? But I think that showed though that there was no concern about being arrested.
Speaker 3: Had this area, I can't remember. It was not in the Wharf.
Speaker 4: It was down in another area of San Francisco, but it was a real nice, you know area where they had it was.
Speaker 3: Like a three level sort.
Speaker 4: Of a mall like area, and I saw where they had to close that down a while back. You can only shop there by appointment, you know, So I mean, how can you operate anything like that?
Speaker 3: But I was in.
Speaker 4: San Diego just last week and I noticed something and a lot of the stores was higher end things. I thought, well, this is California, man, they don't they don't care, you know, but let people. A lot of those stores had their own like hired cops, and some of them were like, you know, like these rental outfits that you get, but some of them were actual police officers. And we're not talking about the Rolex store. We're talking about like surf shops and places like that where they had a cop there at the building.
Speaker 3: I'm like, it looks like some of the businesses. I mean, you forget.
Speaker 4: There are business owners in California, just like business owners.
Speaker 3: Here, and they're tired of this.
Speaker 4: You know, they don't want to see this, and they can't afford to have people come in wipe them out, walk down the street with no punishment, like a big sign telling everybody, hey, it's free for anybody that wants to come in and and and and can just grab as much as they want and walk out the door.
Speaker 3: Because nobody's gonna stop you.
Speaker 4: Well, I think you're starting to see, at least in San Diego.
Speaker 3: A little bit of pushback on.
Speaker 4: That, because they've seen it happen in San Francisco, you know, coming down the coast LA And I think San Diego is like, you know what, let's see if.
Speaker 3: We can't at least let people.
Speaker 4: Know we aren't going to stand for you just come in and grabbing what you want and taking on.
Speaker 2: Tell you we're in a one down in Cincinnati and it's happening, and it's below the radar because it's a low priority among the police that are overwhelmed with other crime. And I get that, But however, consumers have got to understand everything you buy has built into the price that you pay. The looting happening all over the city of the county. On this looting, we all pay for it. I've never been to Lulu Lemons. I guess you go there all the time, you know the price of things. I may spend an afternoon to go to Lulu, Lemon and Hyde Parks and see what the hell's going on. Because when individuals with bags filled with materials jump into a car and get away, no there's no come up, and so there's no penalty. And if you are caught you can say, yep, I'm a grand theft. You get probation, not even that. And the way you go and do it some more, do it again. And these gangs are organized. In fact, many are legal aliens who are used because after all, not much will happen to them anyway. And if you don't do it, you got to pay your transit to get here one way or another. A lot of young girls play with pay with their bodies, and men pay by becoming thieves, and that's how they pay back the traffickers. And it's happening in Cincinnati all over the place, and it's said, but it's the way things are. What we got any other topics Brian Hamrick, GI me give me? Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Well, well the problem with that is, you know, you get it happen at one place and another the word gets out, you know that they're not going to do anything to you. That's when you get to start having these massive problems because then they're like, you know, if you don't get on the first couple that do that, you've got to that's where your problems, like those wildfires. You know, once they start and you realize that, then you've got people from all over saying, hey, that seems.
Speaker 3: Pretty easy, and the consequences are.
Speaker 4: Really it makes it a risk reward, and when you're in the business of crime risk reward.
Speaker 3: You start weighing that out and you start going, you know.
Speaker 4: What, I can get away with this, what is It's way more worth me doing that than having to go get a job somewhere.
Speaker 3: That seems like a drag, you know.
Speaker 2: So I'm Brian Hamrick. I'm glad you're out there on the main streets of Cincinnati checking things out. And I'm glad that Judge Kerry Bloom and Judge Alan Triggs are showing some backbone, especially Bloom. But once again, Brian Hamrick, thank you, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show.
Speaker 1: We've not touched Olympic drag.
Speaker 2: Queen torchbearer, who mocked the Last Supper, responds to critics will quote I will be more queer quote unquote, but we'll save that for another day. But Brian Hamrick, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And Brian, you're a great American.
Speaker 3: Thanks again, mister Cunningham.
Speaker 2: And God bless you and God bless America. Let's continue with more blind becomes available seven four nine, seven thousand. My comments about the opening ceremony of the Olympics are next on news radio seven hundred WLW