Speaker 1: Voices of episode. Glad we have you heard daily You're the only voice of reason on the radio is fifty five Cares the talk station.
Speaker 2: Hey oh five fifty five kar see the talk station. Brian Thomas wishing youre one a very happy Wednesday, and you're listening right now, You've got to be a happy person because welcome back and a very happy new year to one of the few ones we've got that we can count on. Congressman Thomas Massey, Welcome back, my friend. It is always a distinct pleasure to have you on the fifty five Cars Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Happy new year, Brian to you and your listeners.
Speaker 2: So are you optimistic for this year? Hit the ground running?
Speaker 1: I am optimistic. I think we can get some stuff done. It's a big it's a big opportunity, and I hope we don't screw it up. Mike, Republicans often do. Well.
Speaker 2: I know that's the case. Let's just start with the speaker vote, because you know, I know you were not a Johnson guy, and I've got other listeners who hate the guy for whatever reason. But I think, optically speaking, to start out with a speaker fight that might have been drug out and delayed things and sort of made the Republican Party look like they weren't unified to do to get something accomplished, probably would have you know, I think in order poorly to the Republicans and helped the Democrats on some level, if for nothing more than they could make fun of the Republican Party for not being unified or presenting a unified front. What's your reaction to that analysis.
Speaker 1: Well, I went back and forth with Nuke Gingridge on this, and you know, one thing that you noticed is nobody is saying Mike Johnson is a good speaker, a great speaker, a capable speaker. True, I don't want to disparage him at this point because he is our speaker. But I want to say that the decision process, the argument that people were making is the argument that you made, which is, let's just get this behind us, let's get on track, let's start moving forward. Had I think in analogies, I think it's if you make an analogy to buying a car, it's like, listen, vacation starts tomorrow. We got to start this family vacation. We know this car here on this lot leaks, Well, it's got a bad piston ring. It doesn't start unless you hit the starter with the hammer. But let's buy this car so we can start our vacation tomorrow, or we're gonna buy. We need a house. We need a roof over our head. We know this house leaks. The roof leaks, the foundation is crumbling, the door sills are rotten. But give me those mortgage papers. Let's sign notes. It's like it's a question or an argument of expediency that was made. I think it's going to come back and buy us in the butt, okay, And we can talk about the places where I think you'll get it right in the places where people are going to be disappointed.
Speaker 2: Well, and you anticipated exactly where I was going with that, all right, So you know we got the leaky roof house. How is Johnson going to potentially sabotage or other undermine something that the Republicans might want to accomplish. How are things going in your mind? What scenario will things prove to be the sort of I told you so. A moment for Congressman Thomas Massey on this choice.
Speaker 1: And by the way, if you go back before Christmas, pretty much ninety percent of people agreed with me that we should have a different speaker. It was when Trump endorsed him that you know, okay, now let's get behind him. Okay, there are only a couple pieces of legislation that are going to matter in the next year and frankly maybe for the next two years. When I talked to President Trump personally after the election, this was about ten days after election, I said, I think you got about six months a runway to get this agenda done, and he agreed. And the way we're going to get things done is in a bill called reconciliation. But there's also another bill called the Omnibus that's going to come up as well. One of these bills is likely going to pass with only Republican votes. That's a reconciliation bill. The other bill, the Omnibus, is likely going to be a repeat of what we've seen before, where you get a uniparty vote for that. And I'm worried that the Speaker is going to give away that the store in that omnibus bill. Now, the debt limit has to be increased at some point as well to fund all of these things they're talking about. Where do you put that debt limit increase? They're probably going to almost certainly going to put it in the reconciliation bill. It's going to pass with all Republican votes. So you kind of get two omnibus bills that are coming up. Think of the reconciliation bill as an omnibus bill, and then there's going to be the typical omnibus bill. Well, one of those is a Republican omnibus and the other one is a uniparty omnibus. And in the reconciliation that's where you're going to get Trump's agenda. But the Swamp is really going to try and get some I'm afraid going to get some junky in there. And they're also probably going to bust the budget in there unless some of us hold their feet to the fire on that one. Let me explain. So, the Reconciliation bill is going to have the tax cuts that you know we did under Trump the first time that unfortunately expire after a certain period of time. It's going to have border security in it. Those are I think the two main things you can count on having in there. The question is how do you pay for those things? Things like work requirements for able bodied people on welfare. It seems like a no brainer, right Brian, but we don't. We still don't have those imposed on the states. They've got so much wiggle room that they basically don't have them in most states. And if you would do that, then you could say, oh, we're going to save this much money in the federal budget and we can offset those tax cuts that are coming up. And then there's little things in the minutia like this thing called state and local tax deduction. The people from New York, the Republicans from New York and some from Virginia and some of these high tax states, they think they should be able to offset their state and local taxes off their federal tax bill. My question to them is, why should you pay any less for our military defense that we do in Kentucky or Ohio just because your local taxes are high in New York. The answer is they shouldn't. But they're going to be an argument over that anyways. That all goes in reconciliation, and the question is are we going to increase the debt at the same time that we're raising the debt limit, like I'm sorry, increase the deficit at the same time that we're raising the debt limit, because that's going to be in reconciliation. So there's this. You know, I'm going to listening sessions today individually with the Whip. I'll be meeting with him, and then we're going to have a larger meeting with a larger group of people with the Speaker later today talking about this reconciliation bill. Meanwhile, nobody wants to talk about this omnibus bill because the government funding for the things we appropriate, like military, NASA, roads and bridges, all of that stuff comes up in March. I know, you've got to break somewhere in We.
Speaker 2: Got a couple of minutes, so I was waiting for you to bring up regular order. Aren't there supposed to be twelve appropriations bill? And now that we have Republicans and control of the House, the Senate, and the Executive branch, couldn't we get back to doing twelve separate appropriations bill as is required and as part of the job description everybody elected official up there.
Speaker 1: You know that sounds wonderful, Brian. That has gone out the window. There will be no attempt at regular order. They're putting pennies in the fuse box. And now you know, and you know, in some to some degree, it's a fair thing for them to want to do on reconciliation. Let me let me tell you why. This is how the Democrats got the so called Inflation Reduction Act pass. They did it on reconciliation. I should have pointed this out in the beginning. If you do something under something called if you do legislation under something called reconciliation, you only need fifty one votes in the Senate, And that is why you can pass it with all Republican votes and get Republican agenda items in it. And so that's why they're going to create this bill that has everything in it together. It's so you can pass it through the Senate with fifty one votes instead of sixty votes. Now, to your point, on the omnibus bill that funds roads and bridge, is, NASA defense, all of those things that should be twelve separate bills. But that deadline's coming up in March. And by the way, if we do another CR in March, there's still the massive provision that I got negotiated in there a year and a half ago that says if you go past April thirtieth on a continuing resolution, all of those appropriation line items get cut one percent. So kind of secretly hoping for another cr instead of an omnibus. Uh. But what we should do is twelve separate bills. I can guarantee you we're not going to do that between now and March, and then when March comes along, they're going to say, we've got to do this omnibus bill. And President Trump wisely does not want the debt limit deal in the omnibus. He wants it in reconciliation, because when you put it in reconciliation, you're negotiating with Republicans. You put it in the omnibus, you're going to be negotiating with the uniparty.
Speaker 2: Which yeah, I understand, I understand, but I guess I have to understand on some level. Clearly spending is the problem, and there's no accountability in government. I mean there's none. I know, make an argument one way or the other, but in the final analysis, you get a defense bill. They can't pass audits time after time after time. They have no idea where the money's going. We're talking nine hundred billion dollars and it can't be accounted for. Is there any way Trump can help on this? Put pressure on peoples. This is a new day we need to cut spending and quit funding these ridiculous projects and look across the table at Republicans who should be in favor of fiscal responsibility and try to hold them accountable out loud on ax account or truth social media. I mean, doing press conferences and pointing out the bad actors that keep insisting on things like writing off their state taxes so that because they have a state with high taxes. I mean, you know, embarrassment can work, can it?
Speaker 1: Well, that's how Doge is gonna work. Yeah. I mean I've and I've talked of the personally. He and I sat down one on one and I told him, you've got to get in this reconciliation bill because if you're not in that, they're just going to pay lip service to Doge. Right, And uh, by the way, after the break, let's talk about what I'm trying to get in reconciliation that will fundamentally change intrastructural government and restore constitutional balance. All right, But in the meantime, yeah, we should cut spinning. Our worst enemies are some of these Republicans up here. I know that they say we want a ten percent increase in the military budget. We're willing to give the Democrats ten percent increase and everything else. And so we get a ten percent increase across the board on all of these things, including the social programs. That that's going to happen. Take it to the bank. That is going to happen in this omnibus bill. Now, if you had a speaker who didn't want to play that game, who wasn't beholden to the military industrial complex, if he's demonstrated over and over, then that wouldn't have to be the case. But this is where we are.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll bring Congress from Messy back and we'll get Massey's reconciliation wish list plaus from at eight sixteen. Right now for the five Kercity talk station, I get to mention my favorite folks. That will be Wendy and Jeff at twenty two three on round forty two, which we Mason eleven the best gun shops or indoor firing range. They are awesome at everything they do. The price is always great at twenty two three, very competitive pricing, and I got my Christmas present from twenty two to three. Now proud to under of a forty five to seventy lever action Marlin, which is a riot to shoot. But thanks to Wendy, they didn't have one in stock. They had one in stock in the next day. That's how long it took her to get one for me. So I was like, great, got my Christmas present taken care of. And I know a lot of my listeners went out there and maybe took advantage of gift cards membership. They've got all kinds of training classes from the I've never picked up a gun but want to learn how class all the way through experience shooter classes, outstanding folks, teachers, instructors. They have a gunsmith. They have a massive selection of both handguns and long guns, and of course ammunition and all kinds of accessories. It's one stop shopping and count on me. You'll be glad you're doing business with the people at twenty two three. Friendly staff there treat you like family and help you out and making your choices. So I'll go to twenty two three dot com to learn more. That's the number twenty two follow by the word three spelled out twenty two to three dot com located on Route forty two between Mason and Lebanon.
Speaker 1: This is fifty five karc An iHeartRadio station, the music we listen to all our power radio.
Speaker 2: We got Congressom Massi on the phone right now, and follow by, of course, Judge Annonopolitano, and I know he's probably listening right now. Congressman Massy big fan of yours, and I know you like him, and we all kind of think like mindedly in terms of our libertarian perspective on things. All right, back over to the reconciliation. What are Congressom Massy's wishless when it comes to the reconciliation?
Speaker 1: Okay, if somebody just joined us over the break, let me summarize what I said before. There's two big trains leaving the station here in Congress. One is reconciliation that only needs fifty one votes to pass the Senate. The others this omnibus bill that you're typically used to that needs sixty votes to pass the Senate. The reconciliation bill is going to be all Republicans. We got to get it done with all Republicans. They need my vote for that. The omnibus bill, they don't need my vote because that's going to be a uniparty bill and they're gonna be They're gonna it's like a magician. They're going to tell you, look at this hand, it's got reconciliation in it. Meanwhile, they're going to do that omnibus bill with the other hand, and you're not supposed to watch that. Pay no attention to that man behind that curtain. Okay, so reconciliation, what can we have done? Well, the first thing we should do is undo all the crap the Democrats put in their reconciliation bill. And this is where you're going to find out which Republicans, although there won't be separate votes, so you won't know which Republicans behind the scenes are secretly trying to keep provisions of the Democrats so called Inflation Reduction Act. We can get rid of all of those provisions in our reconciliation bill. But I watch, mark my word, they're not going to do it. Well.
Speaker 2: Why won't we know who they are.
Speaker 1: Because there won't be separate votes on it. This is all man, this is all happening behind the scenes.
Speaker 2: I know we'll have no behind I guess my point being behind the scenes. Some fill in the blank with the negative reference comment Republican is saying no, no, no, no, we can't do that.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Out that person. I mean, this is what I'm saying. That's why shame them. Tell Donald Trump did this. I want to use well FCC non compliant language when we're referring to people like that. But that's where I say, shame them. Bring them out into the light show the American people. Who the people are that really aren't Republicans and are looking forward to the financial collapse of the United States of America.
Speaker 1: Well, I gotta work with these guys, Brian, So behind the scenes, here's what I'm trying to get in the reconciliation package. Okay, I would love to get rid of the Democrats reconciliation package, but I know most most of that's not gonna get gone, not be gone, but put some of They are going to put things like no tax on tips, which was one of Trump's you know provisions, it's actually my bill. Okay, so I'm all for it. We'll put that in there, no tax on tips. There'll be extending you know, the tax cuts that all American families benefited from. If you pay taxes, that'll be in there. But I think we should put other things in there. Now. My wish list would include ending the Department of Education, you know, if we're going to think, let's think big. We should get things like the Prime Act. We should get rid of daylight savings time and I don't care whether you go to the hour before or the hour behind. Get rid of changing the clocks twice a year. That's ridiculous, and Trump wants to do that. You could put that in reconciliation. But here's the big one that I'm working on behind the scenes. This comes out of my committee, the Judiciary Committee. I've been talking to Senator Mike Lee about this. We all know it needs to get done. It would fundamentally change the structure of government and it would be stuck in there forever. For the good of the American people, it would restore the way our government's supposed to work, and that is get the Reins Act in the Reconciliation package Rains Act for the new listeners. He says that if the executive branch makes some kind of rule that has a large economic impact on the country, it has to come back to Congress and we have to vote on it because we are the lawmaking body. We are the authority according to the Constitution. But we've let the executive branch run wild. Make all these rules. The ATF. They're banning things, there's no constitutional basis for it. But if we had this provision the Rains Act in there, for instance, when they banned the shoulder stocks, you know stocks, and all the other stuff they try to ban. They're trying to change the definition of firearm receivers so they can ban more stuff, regulate more stuff. That would have to come back to Congress. All of those things. This is stuff the EPA does that would have to come back to Congress. When they try to declare CO two a pollutant, then we vote is it a pollutant? And people said, well, aren't you going to have more lobbyists in Congress trying to get congressmen to to influence congressman. Guess what, Brian, the lobbyist. Most of them have left Congress. They're over the executive branch, lobbying bureaucrats who aren't accountable to voters. Sure, bring those lobbyists back to Congress where they're trying to lobby people who at least have to stand in front of the American public every two years and be up for election where they're accountable to the people.
Speaker 2: All right, Anyway, that brings out, makes perfect sense, It sounds logical, reasonable. The accountability lands back in your life. You have control over the regulatory expanding and overreaching regulatory branch. It saves you five, six, eight, ten years worth of fighting it in court to get to the Supreme Court. Who will say the same thing that you're saying, basically, are the Republicans who are against that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, They're going to be people in Trump's administration who will be against it. Now, I don't think Trump himself would be against it because he understod he wants a legacy, because it really does constrain the power of the executive branch and puts more power in the legislative branch. On the campaign trail, you know there were candidate Ron DeSantis committed to the Rains Act, but I didn't hear President Trump commit to the Rains Act, although I do think he would be in favor of it because he and some of his brighter staff would be in favor of it. They're going to be people working for President Trump who don't want the Rains Act because the regulations of the executive in need of scrutiny. That's what RAIN stands for, and it gives the it you know now, the president could it doesn't take away his power to undo regulations that have been put in place, in my opinion, or maybe we need to make that explicit in the Rains Act language that we're trying to get into reconciliation. But I want people listening to your show right now to know that behind the scenes, I'm trying to get some big stuff in reconciliation, and one of those things is the RAINS and I'm working with senators and other members of Congress to do that, and it's a behind the scenes battle.
Speaker 2: Well, I wish you all the best on that one. I will look forward to hearing from you in terms of the progress you're making or not, as the case may be. And bring me a list of names. I want names. I want to be able to out these people. I want to be able to embarrass them. I want to help the American people get in touch with those who are standing in the way of some sanity and RANI in the entire regular story regulatory state, which is basically liberty reducing. And that's the bottom line for me. Congressman Thomas Massey always a distinct pleasure, keep fighting a good fight and I'll look forward to hopefully some great success during this administration.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Brian. Well, we're gonna work hard. It's a great opportunity and we better not blow it.
Speaker 2: Amen. Brother, Amen, we'll talk to the judge for me. I well, I think you just did, but I will definitely do that. Take care of Congressman. It's a twenty eight judge Ennita Polton. Of course, as who he's referring to, he'll be up next. First Cover sincey do the right thing, call Cover Sincy or just reach out to him through the website and find out if they can save you heap loads of money while getting you better medical coverage. Lots of people have done this. You have a small business, you want you want improve your business's bottom line. Did you ever think about letting a broker John Ruhlman and his team specifically who work with hundreds of medical insurance companies and thousands of different medical policies go through a comprehensive check to find out what your business needs and your employee's needs are to get you better medical insurance with dollar one coverage and a lot of cases while saving forty to sixty percent. He does it all the time. This is his job, and he's mind blowing at his knowledge about the insurance industry. Your average broker doesn't know Jack Squad compared to John Rouman and the team at Cover since he it doesn't cost you a dime. It just costs you a little time you call five one three eight hundred call five one three eight hundred two two five five, say Thomas told me, give you a ring. Here's my situation. They'll go over in detail yours, your employees, each individually and come up with a better path. Heck, he may even say no, you know you got the best possible thing going on right now. That'll at least give you a peace of mind. But I have a feeling you'll be happy you got in touch with him. And I know a lot of my listeners are very very happy. Better coverage, less money, dollar one coverage. It's right there. Coversincy dot com is a form online you can fill out or again call five P one three eight hundred two two five five fifty five car the talk station. The Simply Money Minute is sponsored by