Speaker 1: Hello, it's the Minnesota Goodbye, and today we have a very very very special guest.
Speaker 2: His name is Bailey. Oh I guess on here too?
Speaker 3: Here, Hey guys, Yes, Mon's.
Speaker 1: Joining us today. So this is exciting. All right, let's get into our emails. Shout my name from the rooftops. This person says their name is Elliott. I love y'all. It's so nice these days to have the show be carried when Dave is gone. I feel like I remember lots of pre recorded stuff being played when Dave was gone before, and now you guys are doing it on your own, and that's just so cool.
Speaker 2: So thank you.
Speaker 1: My question that i'd like to ask you guys, They've got three, so we'll go. We'll start with this one. What is your taco bell order? Mine is a crunch Up Supreme and two beefy five layer burritos. Usually I save one of those burritos for later.
Speaker 4: Question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then I get.
Speaker 1: Like a foock ton of fire sauce, like all the fire sauce that they'll let me have.
Speaker 4: I forgot we were in the radio for a second. What about it's been a minisince I've had taco Bell, but I usually go two chicken Caesa Dias, and then maybe Aboutja blast.
Speaker 3: But I'm simple, so I could just do it over beer nice. I'll keep it simple.
Speaker 5: The five sided thing, the thing that's like an octagon, the crunch wrap. Oh okay, yeah, okay. I eat a crunch Wrap Supreme, and then sometimes I get like one Dorito's locos. If they have the flame and hot ones, I get one of those. But I also don't eat a lot of taco bell But pretty much every single time I go, it's crunch wrap supreme, maybe one of those potato ones, a potato taco. What are those called?
Speaker 2: Anyhow?
Speaker 5: They're delicious, They're like a dollar.
Speaker 1: Okay, Next up is what is your Chipotle order? I'm gonna be honest. I don't ever go there, but if I do, I get a bowl and probably something with like beef and lots of like sauces and toppings and guac and all that stuff.
Speaker 4: What about yuvon again, ask any important questions, Elliott a bowl with either carnitos and or chicken. I'm trying to like go through the line, like in my head, uh pico cheese not queso, like the like the shreaded cheese.
Speaker 3: Oh, uh, brown rice is it? I think yeah? And then chips is also.
Speaker 5: I get a salad with white rice, black beans and everything else except for avocado.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 3: I feel like, do you guys feel like pon Chero's is better than never been?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Never been?
Speaker 4: Really, I haven't been up until recently Alyssa because Alyssa it's like right across from her job because she works like care But pon Chero's just I would put it up there with Chipotle, honestly at more classy, honestly.
Speaker 2: All right, the last question is what is your McDonald's order?
Speaker 1: Uh, I'm usually just like a like a double cheeseburger and fries and or chicken nuggets.
Speaker 2: I do love a mcflurry, just depends on my appetite.
Speaker 5: What about you, Bailey, Mine's a double a mcdouble with a large fry and a diet coke. Bum bum bum.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you went to Bailey first because you knew that McDonald's and me are like, I'd rather eat another cookie off the floor at the State Fair.
Speaker 5: This is weird.
Speaker 2: You're like the only person in the world that doesn't like McDonald You.
Speaker 4: Know why because my dad for like twenty something years and like the first twelve of my life was a manager at McDonald's, so I grew.
Speaker 3: Up like he came smelling like the fries.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd eat it like religiously, like more than I would drink water.
Speaker 3: So I just I hate it now.
Speaker 5: My sister worked at McDonald's too, but then she brought the like little snack burritos. Those were so dope and I ate those like every morning for breakfast.
Speaker 4: They like some good like the chicken selects, which are like chicken good so bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, I would do.
Speaker 4: I still do a shamrock shape for this day, but other than that, like no, not, you won't catch me near McDonald's.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, thank you Elliott. That was a great email to start off today. Next, I was actually saving this for when Dave's back, but they said, please don't wait for Dave to come back to read this, So here we go.
Speaker 2: I have a question for you guys. My company is.
Speaker 1: They're having an all company meeting in New Jersey that we're flying to. My coworker booked our flight for me and one other coworker. My coworker that booked the flight booked our seats in the same road together I am seated in the middle seat. My question for you is would you all sit on a flight together and next to each other on the flight? Is it normal to all fly in seats next to each other on a flight with coworkers or would you prefer to sit next to a stranger. I do want to add that my coworkers and I get along well. Two of us are female and one coworker is a male. There is a ten to fifteen year age gap between the three of us. Love to hear your thoughts, all right? That comes from Taylor. So coworker booked their flight, she got stuck in the middle seat.
Speaker 3: Oh the worst?
Speaker 1: Would you So if we were all on a flight together, would we want to sit next to each other?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I don't think it matters.
Speaker 1: To me, Like I like sitting next to people, I know, because it's comforting to me because I'm not a big fan of flying. Yeah, but it doesn't matter usually for me, Like, I wouldn't care. I would much rather to like not sit by you guys, if it meant not having the middle seat, Yeah, i'd rather.
Speaker 5: I don't mind the middle seat because I also find it comforting. I'd rather sit in the middle seat with two people that I know than the middle seat with two people that I don't know.
Speaker 4: And Jersey is a maybe three hour flight from here, not even really. Sometimes it could be as short as almost two hours. So I don't feel like I have to sit next to you guys like to have somebody to talk to. Now, if we were doing a flight to like California or somewhere farther, maybe just because I'd get bored after a while. But the end middle seat is like the deal breaker. I think it's just not comfortable for any parties involved. Right, I've always been scared, like what if I'm what if I'm either like the aisle or the window and the person in the middle falls asleep and they end up leaning their head on me, and I'm just like, get off me, sir. I'm just like shoulder shrugging them like get off me, no, please, drooling on my shoulder.
Speaker 1: And then the other question was is it normal to all fly and seats next to each other on a flight with coworkers or would you puy for Oh, I guess we kind of cover.
Speaker 2: That, neverbind. Okay, I think we covered all that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, Taylor, there you go, good luck having to sit in the middle seat with your coworkers. But yeah, if someone is if you guys booked a flight and you're like, yeah, Jenny, you get the middle seat, I'd be like.
Speaker 5: What see, I would just assume the middle seat's mine. It's like the bitch seat. Like Bailey sit in the middle. I always got to sit in the middle, like in the back of the car when there would be enough people for three in the back. They're like, well, Bailey's in the middle.
Speaker 3: God.
Speaker 5: And then I got a niece, so now she's in the middle.
Speaker 3: Sucker.
Speaker 5: Sorry, guys, I didn't blow up. I blew up.
Speaker 3: You should work that out in therapy this week.
Speaker 2: Bill, Are you in therapy?
Speaker 5: No, I should be.
Speaker 3: I was gonna text you, Jenny, I want to.
Speaker 5: I used to.
Speaker 4: I went to therapy. I stopped going last year just because it got expensive. And I was gonna text you because I know you said that you started going like you go as needed, and I was going like weekly at the time, and I think that might have been the problem. I felt like I could have used it every week. But I feel like also I could have went just as needed. And I wanted to ask you I guess, like, how does do you find it? I guess one more, did you do it weekly at one point? And do you find it more comforting to do it every week or to just do it as needed?
Speaker 1: I think I when I started therapy, I really needed therapy, like I was going through some stuff, and so I definitely wanted it weekly at that point. But then I think we started to kind of spread it out to like every other week and then like every month, like once a month, and it kind of got to a point where I don't know that, like, like I had eventually gotten on medication for my anxiety, and so that was what was really helping, and I don't feel like I was getting much further in therapy. It definitely taught me some tools to help with certain things, but I feel like it was the mixture of needing to learn some things and then also getting on medication because that's just how my brain works. So I stopped for a long time, and then yeah, just go when I feel like it.
Speaker 4: I think Fallon told me she does that too, like as needed, or like she'll have them every now and then now and then, and I think that's important. I think everybody should do therapy at least once in their life just to try it. I want to get back into it. I have like a big building to do from when I was doing it weekly, so I have to, like one figure that out and to find a way to do it where I can afford it.
Speaker 3: But I think everybody could use little therapy just to.
Speaker 4: Talk to somebody on the outside, whether not like a sibling or a parent or something, or a partner, a bet your problems.
Speaker 1: I love how you say that because I feel like a lot of people who actually need the therapy won't go to therapy. And to normalize the fact that I think everyone has experienced something in their life that a professional could help them with, I think that that's important to know, Like there's nothing wrong with you for going to therapy. Everyone experiences it in life. And I think, like if you're struggling with like why did I do this or why do I feel this way? Or whatever, a therapist can help you figure that shit out, you know.
Speaker 4: And it's not even like it doesn't have to be like you're going through necessarily like not to get dark, but like abuse or going through like a mental like sometimes you just want like a check in, like how am I doing as a person.
Speaker 3: You go to the doctor with that, like for a physical.
Speaker 4: And nothing's wrong. So what's the difference with therapy. You go to the dentist for a cleaning when nothing's actually wrong. Go to therapy and just get checked, like, talk to somebody.
Speaker 2: Right the show? Okay?
Speaker 1: The next email, Hello, all, I may have missed it, but did you ever hear back from Hannah regarding her vacation her friend that was on vacation acting weird? The last update I caught was that she was scheduled to come back the next day. Yes, we did hear back. Her friend was perfectly fine. She was just living it up and was like, stop acting like my mom.
Speaker 5: I was drunk the whole time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, So yes, all good there, and then it says this next part is for Jenny and Bailey. Have you been watching the current season of Survivor? Who do you think will win? And who do you want to win? They say, I think Camilla will win, but I want Joe to win.
Speaker 2: Have a good day.
Speaker 1: Thanks for reading my email, and Nate. Yes, Bailey and I have both been watching, but I am a little bit behind.
Speaker 5: I'm just one episode behind because I can't watch it live because I'm always at church choir on the night of Survivor. Yes, I have thoughts and feelings because I play Fantasy Survivor, so you have to pick who you think is gonna win, so you pick your soul Survivor. I pick Shaheen for that only because the person I want to win is never the person who actually wins, because it always ends up being somebody who kind of like squeaks in. And I do agree. I want Joe to win. Joe won't win because people are going to vote him out, like because they'll know that he can win, likable and the personable hot tea. That's something I don't like about the New Survivor is like Old Survivor, the people who deserve to win were the people who won, and now in like New Survivor, they vote out the people who deserve to win because they know that they deserve to win. So then you get a lot of like kind of boogers at the end. Yeah, which I'm not thrilled about, but truly so, I do want Joe to win, but I voted or. My Soul Survivor is Shaheen, and I do have both Joe and Chrissy in my draft. So so far, I'm doing well. I'm in second place right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm trying to figure out the name of this person, describe who they are.
Speaker 5: Do you know what they look like?
Speaker 2: Mitch Mitch?
Speaker 5: I love Mitch.
Speaker 1: Love Mitch, yes so much? Uh and so, Like, I personally would love for Mitch to win. And I'm a episode and a half behind, so I really don't know where we're at. Yeah, he could have been voted out, but I would love for Mitch to win. I do like Joe a lot too. I'm kind of surprised that you're saying Camilla, but like, also, I'm not caught up, so maybe I don't know as much.
Speaker 5: I mean to each their own. But if you're listening and you don't watch Survivor, which I'm sure is the majority of the people listening, you should just like try it out. I got my mom on it just because it's set on like an island. It's in Fiji, so my mom loves like anything that looks like it's tropical. So I got my mom on it, and now she texts me every so often like I can't stand so and show so and so needs to go or whatever. But it is actually like a very interesting show like in psychology. Honestly, yeah, and fun to watch the show.
Speaker 1: And ask email for today says hey, Jenny and Bailey. Question Bailey, how tall are you?
Speaker 5: Five five? Well in five four and three quarters?
Speaker 1: Yes, so five to five? Vaunt to how tall are you? I'm just asking myself.
Speaker 3: Five seven and three quarters.
Speaker 2: Okay, and I'm five to seven ish? What I don't know?
Speaker 3: You're not six six?
Speaker 2: No, I'm not believe it or not, I'm not.
Speaker 5: I want my money back.
Speaker 1: And then they also go on to say, also, my husband owes me a weekend trip. He bought a PS five without telling me and told me in return, I get to plan a little weekend vac he said. The only thing is he's not taking a day off. He doesn't have PTO and he's our only source of income. He did say I could plan it over Memorial Day or fourth of July to get an extra day in. My kids are six, four, four and six months four. Okay, I think I read that right. My kids are six, four, four and six months four kids. Wow, Okay. I was kind of thinking, Ely, is it Eli Minnesota? I forget sometimes I was kind of thinking ely Minnesota since they have that Wolf Center, and I think my kids would love it any Rex were not afraid.
Speaker 2: Of it being a decent drive.
Speaker 1: Once we drove a Friday overnight to the up of Michigan and got their Saturday morning and left Sunday at noon with our kids. Things that comes from Hannah Hannah. My recommendation is always the north Shore. I think the north Shore has just so many things you can do. If y'all want to check out my blog, it's meetmeofgrid dot com, and I have a Minnesota section that has a bunch of like kind of like staycation places like still Water, a north Shore guide, like a pretty well detailed guide. I also my goal is to make it to the Apostle Islands this summer, which is in like northern Wisconsin.
Speaker 2: Those look fun.
Speaker 1: I've also done the up in a weekend time a couple of different times, so that is quite a drive.
Speaker 2: Good for you, guys. What do you guys think anything?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean for north Shore area, I remember really enjoying Tetagouche or Tetagucci Seto Cheap Yeah, and I really liked there. They have a lot of waterfalls and you're up like near not two rivers, what is it to Harbor's two harbors, which is really cute. But then also like I'm thinking about places I used to go with my ex boyfriend used to go camping, and we went also to like historic Forestville area and camp down there and went to Historic Forestville. And then there's like the Mystery Caves as well, and we went on like a cave tour which was freaking dope as hell. So anyway, those are my two things that I know is cool in Minnesota.
Speaker 3: I love just hearing all this stuff.
Speaker 4: I loved here a year and a half and I still haven't done like a trip to go to like, you know, the Black Hills. Honestly, Jenny is like my inspiration just for life and just traveling. And Jenny, you always talk about like how you in your twenties you worked a lot, so you didn't get to go experience and do all these things. I'm literally only twenty three, so like, sometimes I try to live vicariously through you. I'll admit sometimes I go look at your website very often and me and a list are like, oh we should go do this one day.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's just there's so much to do, and so many of the places on the North Shore are easy hikes to go see like a waterfall or something. So there's just like so many fun, easy things that you could do. I know, like you've got your hands full with the four kids, so I totally get you probably want to do something that's very kid friendly.
Speaker 2: So the Wolf Center and Ealy sounds like a great option.
Speaker 5: I think I've seen videos of it and it seems really cool too, because like you're in a giant glassroom and like the wolves are just like around you and it's like a big circular room kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that does seem super cool, But good luck planning that. You definitely get to have your little weekend since your husband went and bought that PS fun to go. All right, Well, thanks for all the emails today. We will be back again tomorrow, so send your emails into Ryan's show at KDWB dot com.