Speaker 1: You hear us talk about ways to unlock VIP membership through your Apple account in the Apple Podcast app and also through Patreon or Spotify. To unlock a full VIP membership with full access to archives and ad free website and customizable podcast feeds that are compatible with the Apple Podcast app and many iOS and Android apps, along with streaming ability right from our ad free mobile site, go to pwtorch dot com slash go VIP. That's pwtorch dot com slash go VIP That'll give you all the details on everything you're missing out on by not being a VIP member, the whole array of VIP exclusive podcasts like The Way Keller news bulletins, our post pay per view roundtables, The Fix that I host with Todd Martin, Everything with Rich and Wade, and an array of other shows with different hosts and different themes, along with unlocking our archives dating back nearly four decades nearly two thousand. Pro Wrestling Torch weekly newsletters over two decades, a podcast on demand dating back to the mid two thousand, starting with pay per view roundtables of fascinating retro radio shows, including many that I hosted in the nineteen nineties and an AD free website. Exclusive content on that website only for VIP members written and audio, and a lightning fast, smooth, AD free VIP mobile site for all of our content. Don't miss out on all the benefits. Treat yourself to a VIP membership, PW torch dot Com, slash Go VIP, go all the Way, Go VIP, PW torch dot Com, slash Go VIP.
Speaker 2: Now, PW Torch and Speaker bring you the Wade Keller Pro Wrestling Podcast.
Speaker 1: On today's Way Keller Pro Wrestling Podcast, we jump back fifteen years to the twenty eleven episode of our live call in show. James Caldon and Pat McNeil talked with callers about a thousand and one different possible directions ww WE could go with through aout the following week, How Doughabie could answer the big question of what they do at SummerSlam to top money of the banks. John Cena cm punk match, possible pay per view matches or triple higainst Punk Edge's possible reinvolvement in Christian storyline Goldber coming to WWE, and why it didn't work out. More about Cmpunk's future and in the VIP exclusive. After show, they dove into the McNeil mailbag for a look at the history of tournaments in pro wrestling. So let's get to it. This originally livestream down July twenty, twenty eleven. It's Today's way Keller Prosing Podcast fifteen years ago. Flashback for Friday, August seventh, twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: You're listening, dude, p by tors live gast does this pea by Torch has just been Editor James Budwell hosting today on Wednesday, July twentieth, twenty eleventh, day by of course, on Wednesday's Torch Calmas, Patty Neil, Pat How are you today?
Speaker 4: I'm doing fine, James, Hello you people.
Speaker 3: Hello, indeed and Pat Do you know the significance of today's show?
Speaker 4: I'm guessing I don't.
Speaker 3: Okay. It is the first Pat me Neil live cast of the post McMahon era. Now that is significant.
Speaker 4: Oh that's right, yes, yeah, that's technically Privilelake is part of the McMahon family.
Speaker 3: So so the the first helms the first Helmsley era live cast of Patty.
Speaker 4: That might that might be well, we've already well that's true, but there already was a Helmsley era. They did the same storyline would have back in nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's true as well. So I guess my whole intro is just messed up. Thanks, Pat, appreciate it now.
Speaker 4: I'm an I can help.
Speaker 5: That.
Speaker 3: We've got a lot of people on hold and not too much not too busy of a news day today, a lot of still just fought out from raw money the bank to talk about. Uh. Pat, you did the roundtable for towards VAP members with Dade Keller and Bruce Mitchell on Sunday talking about pay per view. We haven't heard you talk about raw though, and the big storyline twist you alluded to, you know, which would be the command is out and Trump h is in. What's your take on that storyline development? Is that maybe where you expected them to go? Is that a suitable direction? Do you need to see more? What's your evaluation right now?
Speaker 4: That's not really what I expected them to go. That's definitely after Sunday night. I mean, it's it seems like every year around this sum you know, every year summertime, vincac Man gets bored and writes himself out of you know, and he either gets you know, he has scaffolding fall on him, or he gets his lima blown up, or you know, something ridiculous like that. So you'll excuse me if I you know, you'll excuse me if I don't think this is a permanent arrangement. I know that Vinci Man is sixty five, and you know there's something to the the you know, he's trying to teach Cripolates the business so that he can one day take over. And yeah, and Vincy Man, from from what we've heard, is not as uh, he's not as single minded as he used to be. He doesn't have the energy he used to and and you know it's because he's sixty five, and you know, people just aren't built to go forever. And lord knows vincc Man was trying to do.
Speaker 3: That, right right different.
Speaker 4: Yeah, then, yeah, Vince's vack. This will be back on television eventually. But you know, I mean, I mean, I understand this, this might be more significant because of Vince's age that I don't think this is really a the see change in w W A, And I was disappointed that you know that they the focus of the film was on this instead of, Hey, what's going on with that WW Championship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I've had a couple I guess one and a half days. The thing about that, and I just I didn't like the idea of going right to a tournament and them not a now acknowledging the elf in the room, which is that this is not the legitimate title. I mean, they spent the entire TV time, they spent about three two or two or three weeks, you know, probably the last week they're really hitting home on this. The importance of the title, the important and the entire match on Sunday between Punk and Sina was about the title. That was of utmost importance. The entire match and build up was the title. And then they move on and just out well, I guess, well the tournament, you know, it just and then it seemed like the matches were sort of I mean not that they weren't thrown together, but the vibe I got was this isn't for the real title. This is sort of a we don't we don't know what to do with two hours of TV right after the pay per views, so we're just kind of come up with something that still the show. It was, it was missing the the acknowledgment of what the situation was. Uh, but Pat, what was your take on the on the title? And I mean right now, right now? The advertising for for the tournament, I'm sorry, the advertising for next week's raw is miss ray the finals of this make believe tournament? Does that happen? Do they know? Avoided? Because mcmon is that? What's what do you think? How do you think it will play out next week?
Speaker 4: I would think that after you know, after following through with this for for an entire two hour episode of rob people would would get a little annoyed if they if they just scraped the match.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: My actual expectation of what's gonna happen is we get Raised Mysterio versus the Miz, you know, get a nice lengthy match Rarey Maisterio wins and then Alberto dol Rio comes out cash is an end, cashes the money in the bank and and and beat up ray Masterio and win the title. That that's my guess is to what happens from here?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I said happening. You know, I think that's a reasonable scenario. I think that I can see that happening. I mean, and an asport of this, Pat is does see them Pulk? Do you think Pat does CM punk kind of stay out of TV off TV for the entire rest of the year for a couple of months. For I mean, where do they go to SummerSlam and have a match that is equal or in their case, hopefully better than punk scene in terms of build up anticipation. Well, what can they do for Summer Slam if they have punk and if they don't have Punk?
Speaker 4: See you know, if if they had Punk, what you know what what I would have wanted to do would be to do CM Punk versus John seen around two, which you know, even though Los Angeles is a decent wrestling town, it's not going to have the same flavor that it did in Chicago. It would probably be more fifty to fifty with Sena fans than Punk fans, and and and that would be okay if they you know, they if they had set this up, I don't know, we're having another another ww title comes into picture, or maybe or maybe you do Sina versus Punk versus Alberta del Rio, although you know, three lane match is not the best way of sorting this out. But uh, I mean, the you know, the title is the title because it's sanctioned by w w A. So what Punk has know in WV storyline is not the title. He just has the velpity one, right. I know that doesn't make a lot of I don't. I know that doesn't make sense to a lot of people. I mean you also have to, you know, if if Punk is not going to be there then and if Funk is really going to be off TV for months, and then what they did Sunday was stupid and they shouldn't have done it. Yeah, but if that's the case, you do you do del Rio versus Sino, or you do del Rio versus scena versus the stereo or or something along those lines.
Speaker 3: Right, because you rematch, you know, I mean, like you said, it is sort of concluded, because rematch for the the general title of ving champion or of the actual belt that Plunk has. And you get into that mess and you said to get in a the rio, and I mean, did they bring Plunk in and do you have Punk, Durio and Cina for the right you know, who's a real champion and have a three way ladder match or something like that.
Speaker 1: I mean, did you know that you can enjoy commercial free versions of all of your favorite Weadkeler podcasts and pw Torch daily casts on Spotify. Just go to patreon dot com search pw Torch and subscribe to a VIP membership tier. You get a seven day free trial by the way to kick the tires a bit and see if you like the service, and then sync it with Spotify and you can listen to commercial free versions of our free shows like the way Keller post shows, the Weaykeller podcast, Flagship, our Flashbacks, and also the pw torch daily cast lineup. Again all commercial free and nice streamline listening experience. But with third tier membership you can also unlock all the VIP podcasts, including Everything with Rich and Wade, to Fix with Todd Martin that I host with Todd every week, the wad Keller News bulletins, post pay per view roundtables, and an array of other v IP exclusive podcasts with different hosts and different themes. Check out the lineup. Go to Patreon and search pw torch and subscribe and sync it up with Spotify or stay within the Patreon ecosystem. Either way works. Go to Patreon and start your seven day free trial.
Speaker 4: Or the other thing you could do is is and I know, you know, people won't be crazy about this if you do CNN del Rio and then you have a CM Punk go after criple.
Speaker 3: Eh, That's what I was thinking. Yeah, that was the one where I'd say that would make the most sense. If they're trying to equal or top Sinu Punk and Money the bank would be triple h sets of the match with with Punk to get the title back. And I don't know necessarily it should be a title match per se, but to reclaim possession of the ballot in which you would give it to the Sina del Rio winner, you know, that would that might be a way to do it. And then if Punk, you know, we're to win an access storyline then and then I don't know what you did from there, but I mean it seems like just a three way or del Rio involved in a title match at this point. It's just not strong enough to to go for money to make the Summer Slam and have Suffer Slams feel better or you know, seem like a bigger event than money to make. And I mean would imagine, like you said that, it wouldn't make sense to have Punk win that match on Sunday unless he is going to be part of Summer Slam in some capacity. And yeah, I like to I like the I like the combination of Hunter, Punk and Seina dol Rio. That's probably the best way to go. But I don't know if that's where they're going. What do you think?
Speaker 4: Uh, I don't know either. Or they could have just or they could have Punk just you know, just walk in through the crowd while well, you know, right as right as they're about to start Mysterio and and Mive and just sit down then see hey everybody, you know, just I mean skirted that way. There are there are a few ways they could go with this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think that's wrong.
Speaker 6: I think, but I.
Speaker 4: Think that, you know, I mean, what would Vincentpan do in real life if he would did something that stupid, Well, he's probably have an immediate tournament and try to you know, and try to do what they did, which is, you know, to get them Punk's name off of television. So there's there's you know, there's something to that. But if you wanted to, if you wanted to do a tournament and you wanted to make money off of it, you would just schedule the tournament for summer flame and do the whole thing.
Speaker 3: There, right, Yeah, and crowd I think.
Speaker 4: They I think I think they realized that that wasn't a good idea when they saw who they'd have to put in the tournament though.
Speaker 3: And that's that's a bigger pictures thing that you touched on. You just touched on. There is the depth. I mean, you look at who they had on that match, and you have Jack Swagger, who's done nothing. You've got, you know, I was trying to mis about the same level. You know, Raymond Sterio, who's sort of up and down, Archereuth, who feels like last month's news. It means off Ziggler, you're US champion, who isn't like a big deal. I thought, think there's an opportunity on Moneys roll a Ziggler to make him. You know, Roy stressed that he right now is the only top male champion in the raw brand. I think they really dropped the ball with Diggler with with an opportunity there, and it just it shows a lack of depth in the roster. When you when you remove John Cena from an eight man w title tournament, you know, it shows how little depth there is in this roster. So I don't know. Next next week's all is going to be interesting. I mean, and Wade and Jason talking about this last night's live cast, is do they go with wholesale changes the next week's Raw? Do they, you know, to make it seem like there's something major different with Mann out in Triple ah in Do they just go with the same show and have Triple HS be the authority figure and everything else feels the same, Pat, what do you expect for changes or uh, perhaps a different direction for the show or is that just sort of, you know, not going to happen. It's gonna be the same show, just a different authority figure next week?
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know what to expect, because you know, they're making this up as they go along. I mean, I'm you know, originally they had a different finish for Sunday for Sundays Pay for You than what they ended up with, which means that they what they did on Raw was was obviously different than what they originally envisioned. And you just keep going so on and so on and so on. I mean, if they're if they're committing to the Triple H direction, I would think they'd want to make they'd want to make changes. I don't think that they'll have wholesale changes ready for next week, but if they want to phase them in over the next few weeks, that would be great. I'd have no problem with it. You know, what this company, what what WWE sort of needs is is an aggressive I mean not not a not a reboot, but something like they did when they started the Attitude era. They you know, you got to remember after Brett Hart left, and even a little bit before Brett Hart left, they picked a few guys that they you know, that they wanted to push. They they picked the Rock, They they picked Kine, they picked they picked the New Age Outlaws and you know, and Triple H and Ken Shamrock. And they had those guys win and win and win every week that they had. They had the New Age Outlaws get the crap out of the Road Warriors several times until people got the point that they were the best tag team. They had the Rock go through everybody. They had Caine beat up Nick Foley and then beat up Nick Foley in a different costume, and and beat up the Undertaker and set his casking on fire until people figured out that Kan was supposed to being made of enter. They need to pick their three or four or five guys that they want to do this with, and they need to push them every week, and they have them win every week and have them look strong every week until everybody gets the point that these are the guys. Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying. It's not well, it's not working. You look at the raw ratings, the raw ratings for this week, we're three point two, which would which was up, but that's still you know that that's still lower than as you pointed out, that's lower than they were a year ago, you know, for the same episode, and it's lower than and it's lower than it was two years ago, and it's lower than was three and you go, you go all the way back to the past decade and it just keep is trapping.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what doing is not working? Yep, totally agree with Pat. Totally agree. And it's it would be interesting, like you mentioned, will these changes be rolled out? You know over time we will be wholestal changes. I mean, I don't know, and but I think when you hit on Pat is the exact thing, which is that they need to make some stars and go all the way you know, it's the TNA thing where they go halfway for a month and then oh okay, on the next guy, and then that person drops off, and then you do the exact same pattern, and nobody ever gets established says this is our top star or this is a top star. It's always it's the same repetitive cycle. And W has a benefit of having John Cena and you know acts, you know, Raymond Ceio a little bit below that and Randy ort On SmackDown, he's not doing great, but he's okay. But they had they had the benefit of John Cena, who is the premier star associate the brand, and that's something TEENA does not have. But yeah, I mean, Patty, that's the that's the issue for both companies, especially in W. Let's go ahead and let's shop to phone calls and get some viewpoints on the topics were covered, and also of course, uh, some other stuff going on in the news with TNA. I have another impact on Thursday just seems like it's another show. I couldn't even tell you the lineup even the name. Now it's about five matches of the next week's show. But it just seems like TNA is just I don't know, uh, not buzzworthy right now, but we'll take calls in TNA W as well, especially with all off from Money in the Bank and raw and I want to hear some perspectives from callers on that. And let's go ahead and jump to our first phone call and go to the three to one three area code. Welcome to the show. Please say to your name and where you're from.
Speaker 6: Hey guys, this is one from the truer.
Speaker 3: Hey, Wayne, what's unding mind tonight?
Speaker 6: Well, I just wanted to talk about about we're on the Convinced Movement angle. It to me, it's just reaped of lazy booking. And I say that because I mean, look at it, like you said, already, in the tournament, you had no sena. Not only in the tournament you had no sena, but you had Alberto del Rio who had just won on him the bank and now he's, you know, competing for the world title. Yeah, you know, it just seemed to me like this was something they came with the night before or maye night of that day, because look, Vince McMahon, for the most part of the year, actually not until the Punk Angle, he wasn't even a presence on Raw or SmackDown. We were led to believe that the Raw GM was calling the shots for Raw and Teddy Long was calling the shots for SmackDown. So me, as a fan, why should I care if Vince McMahon isn't going to be on television anymore or not a character anymore, because you know, he wasn't even putting his presence on the show anyway. So to me, it just seems like they he did that to get out of having the fire scene. And it was really clare to me that, you know, they would rather fire Vince McMahon than John Sema, and that left a bad taste in my mouth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ty here, Jake, Oh.
Speaker 4: That doesn't didn't live a bad taste in my mouth, because of course they would rather fire Vincent mannon tire John Fanna, I mean John John Cenna is their guy, the guy who sells the television shirt. Yeah, guy who sells the t shirts, the guy who people show up at the arena the boo and make fun of or or if you're a little kid, to cheer, I mean, yeah, and Vincent. You know, Viscmanthon's not gonna have another match. Vincecacman's not gonna headline SummerSlam, so of course, I mean, you know, I think that maybe they recognize that with a mistake to say they we're going to fire Astina the moment they did it.
Speaker 7: Need an extra dose of positivity in your wrestling podcasts. Will come join me Alan ferel Over in the Progress Paradise at Peterboo Torch VIP as we mask on the bright side of wrestling and focus on some of the great matches and shows from around the world, be it the US, Japan, Europe or Mexico. There's always a place for wrestlings past in the Paradise too, and we've done fun historical shows such as the We Love Liger series celebrating the glorious career of Jusian Thunderliger and our eye was there when shows where our guests will join me to talk about a classic bout that they were in attendance for. We love variety and you can expect lots of it at the Prorest Paradise. Detailed PW Torch VIP subscription information and a list of all the VIP benefits is available at pterwrew torch vip info dot com and yes, all the ap podcasts are compatible with popular podcast apps on iPhone and Android devices, or you can stream them directly from our ad free VIP mobile site. See You in the Paradise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that that situation that they added in there, I think that was short sighted and maybe they thought they had you know, it was the second the double of a double taping, and if if they had that live element for that second episode, I think they would have sat back, seen how much juice there was behind the punk seeing a program and they're not had it not thought they need to go there. But because it was done that the day of that first taping, maybe in their mind and so what we've got to add some more juice to this, and and they kind of overkilled a little bit and then they had to back out of it and try to find a way out. To me, I mean, it's standard McMahon. I mean Patty you mentioned at the beginning, you know, he either gets bored or he gets concerned with business or that there's always a post WrestleMania lull, and inevitably, almost every single year McMahon reinterjects himself into TV. You know, you all went through the last five or six, seven, eight, years, and there's always a case of McMahon becoming part of TV again after WrestleMania, and we thought perhaps that would have happened this year, but you go in the ratings, the ratings have dropped off stronger this year than in past years. You know. It's kind of we talk about path the idea eroding water level. It's also I think not having the Rock, you have the bigger return for the Rock, and he's not there anymore, and he's coming back, you know, and now six or seven months from now, and so there's a there's a sense of nothing that happens now that is as important and you're bringing you know, mc man in his mind, so is I gotta come back and make it seem important again? And so I think that's where we are. And I think that Pat, I mean, I don't know that the May will become a regular weekly character, but I really see him becoming sort of that Chris Jericho character who gets fired and then tries to find his way back on the show. You know, he's he's outside the building and security tells him he can't come back in. He you know, I don't know, I mean, I don't know how far they would extend this or how much they want to make it part of the show. But I really see that being a part of the show either semi regularly, maybe not every week, but I think there will be an element of him trying to get back into WW.
Speaker 4: What do you think that, Oh God, I hope that. Yeah. I think they should put that off for for a while, at least till after SummerSlam. And maybe it's nickmahon wants to get you know, if they want to, if they want to follow up and that's whore line, then they can. But you know, I don't think that they saw this as we're firing Vincick maam. I think they saw this as well, we're bringing Triple back on the television yea, because you know, whenever they want to bring back Vinctic maam, they'll bring back minstic Man and they won't worry about any of the logic involved.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like being blown up, having the stuff crash on him, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. He's he's died a thousand deaths and he's still here as a character.
Speaker 6: Stuff.
Speaker 3: Wait fall from you another question in Connor.
Speaker 6: Yes, actually I did have a follow up and and I'm not sended they had any intention on doing this or if they even felt that way, but a lot of people have been liking seeing Punk to Steve Austin, you know, when he when he finally broke through after King the Ring. You know, I think they missed the they're they're missing the golden opportunity to have see him Punk come back whenever he was going to come back, and this man could have been the person that he was rivaling, you know, uh whoever won this tournament or be it del Rio won the title, or however it goes. You know, you could have had a program where it was you know, Vince McMahon's champion against seeing Punk and seeing Punk you know, reading havoc on on McMahon or whatever. So that's again, that's why to me, it just feels like, you know, this angle came out of nowhere because they begged themselves into a corner and they didn't logically take about you know, pros versus the times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean I agree with you on that way, in the respect that I thought they might go to the direction of McMahon having his.
Speaker 6: Champion and then and then.
Speaker 3: Punk being you know, the the rightful title holder and then you set up something there. Pat, are you surprised they went away from that? I mean, obviously they could do some twist and bring it back to that, or have Triple HP you don't have. Let's say let's say that, like I said, Pat, let's say that either misser Ray wins and del Rio Cash is in and Triple H declayers and that's his champion. You could do that Triple H has had this champion, and then Punk's a rightful champion. You do something there? Is that a possibility or or Pat? Do you think the better option would have been keeping Man there have his own champion and then had that champion a few with Punk when he whenever he comes back.
Speaker 4: Now, I'm I'm fine with having Triple A to do it, you know, I mean, I mean it's the same that they don't have a long term plan, and you know, frankly, I can't see them putting all those threads back together by the time Summer Flame rolls around, So you know, so they should have a long they should have a longer term plan than that. This should go past Summer Flame.
Speaker 3: You would hope. So, I mean, they've got to bridge that gap. To WrestleMania. I mean, Rock's gonna be a survivor series. You got to bridge the gap from Summer stem the Survivors series and get that back on seeing Under the Rock. How do they do that? I don't know, And like I said, that's why it's frustrating kind of trying to analyze where this is going, because you have I mean, we had no idea because the man could change his mind, and you know they could. I mean, you could have something that happened next week on Raw where a man comes on the show says he spoke to the boy directors, he was reinstated, Triple Wig is out, and then we're back to where we just work, you know, and they wasted entire week. I mean that logically it wouldn't be logical, but that it happened. It's just it's like I said, it's sort of it's so weak to week and you give a sense that they don't quite have a full direction where they're going, and there is a clear Summers plan main event right now, there's a lot of different possibilities and unless Punk is involved, I don't know that they have a strong enough match with the current players to match or exceed money in the bank, and that's you know, when they're banking on summer sending to the number two most boy pay per view of the year, that's a bit of a concern. So I don't know. We'll see how that plays out next week. I'm wrong, but there's a lot of different ways they can go. Wayne takes you to the call. Appreciate it. Let's go to our next caller from the four four to three area code. Welcome to the show. I please say your name and where you're from.
Speaker 8: Kevin from Baltimore.
Speaker 3: Hey, Kevin will tell you about today.
Speaker 9: Hey.
Speaker 8: Two questions one person. One is I read on I think it was something at ww dot com was on the website they would Edge and they interviewed them and they asked them what they thought of Christian's He'll Turn and he said he was behind him one hundred percent and he supported him. And my question is you guys, what do you think? Do you see that there's a chance that Kristin and Edge could come back as a group, not wrestling, but Edge could be somewhat of like a manager like a Rictua was a triple a ish where he was some type of like in his corner at all times and they work together that way. If they wanted to incorporate Edge and it's kind of elevate Christen as a tandem where they would be a little bit more entertaining and they could have more of confidence from Christian's act with Edge associated with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good question, they could do that.
Speaker 4: I just think it's a bad idea. And the reason I think it's a bad idea is because Edge is hurt to the point where taking another bump could you know, could cause serious damage to them. And I mean you've seen them before, you know, if he's been around long enough. You just can't have a manager who doesn't bump and who can't take a bump because you know, you can't get any I mean, you can't have the baby faces hit him. I mean he just inter I mean he'll just be interfering without consequence. You can't have a babyface manager who doesn't bump because you can't get any any heat on him either. It'll just be too risky for Edge to be out there on the roundtable. We talked about, you know the possibility of maybe Edge gets to be the special referee when they do Randy Orton and Chrishan again and I maybe he could pull that off. But yeah, I don't see Edge coming back as a manager or or coming back full time in any real capacity.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I could see you. Only I can see that, Pat is if it's a one time thing. And you know, either I think Edge will be involved in SummerSlam and either as Spectal re free or it could it could be a one time management deal and then you know, you could have Edge, you know, claiming to be as Christian's manager. Then it's turns and helps support and win and they get they get set some sort of angle where that makes sense on TV these next three or four weeks. But yeah, I don't see him full time managing. Even the travel uh they mentioned that in the dot com interview. Even when he travels, you know, he's doing some movie roles and uh, doing some appearances and that sort of thing. It hurts, you know, the pain's still there from what what caused him retires. So I don't see him. I don't just logistically, I don't see him in full time managing. And for the reasons you said that wouldn't worked out either. But I definitely see something of the Summer Slam, maybe one time management thing or special referee. I think that makes more sense. But I mean, pat, does everyone want to do orton Christian part four or it gets five? I become the TV match. I mean, is there is there enough on this where that that's a good direction for smacking the gover? Is that pretty much their only way? So, I mean they had to blow this thing off, and I guess if you're going to Summer Sam would make sense. I mean that is that enough of an intriguing match too? I mean SmackDown. I mean you'll get smack Down. It doesn't always sell pay per views, but it kind of helps become part of the package of the pay per view. It's not as strong enough match path you think to be SmackDown's premier match for the four straight pay per view.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I I from what I've heard, that's the direction they're going as of right now. You know, it's I mean it's criacky because they don't have they don't have a lot of big names on SmackDown, and uh, you know, I mean you don't want to start something at Summer you know, you don't want to launch a new field at SummerSlam because you know, because They're not going to just do a one month sield on anything on SmackDown. They're gonna drag SmackDown out as long as possible. So yeah, they're gonna need some sort of a hook or something would would be a big enough hook, and maybe yeah, yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Think you're right about day. Yeah. It obviously depends on how they reincorporate in. If it's just sort of a hey, it's gonna be there, then I don't know if it's trying to look but if it's really presented as making this match special to nothing, that can help. So I guess we'll see all that if if it has expected use incorporated how that plays out.
Speaker 1: You know, that last segment you're just listening to and the next one that you're waiting to listen to, those can be one second apart. With a VIP membership, you can unlock our commercial free versions of our shows. Pw torch dot com slash go vip tells you how to do it. That's pw torch dot Com. Slash Go VIP options exist within the Apple podcast app using your Apple account through Patreon, which, by the way, you can sync up with Spotify or just about any iOS or Android app. With a full VIP membership, you can customize the feed for individual shows and clusters of shows and themes. Go to pw torch dot com slash go vip for full details on all the options to listen commercial free and with upper tier options unlock our VIP exclusive podcast run throughout the week every week.
Speaker 3: Kevin and Jeff fall from the question of coming.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I had another question. This one is more about some of the wrestlers that have been stepping away recently. I know you got like like over the last couple of years, Batista, Jeff Pardi and r D. They all complained about they didn't want to work full time, booker, t and things like that. So the question is is Goldberg came in a couple of years ago, he got like the deal that everybody wants where he going to work at certain amount of dates, didn't you house shows? How did he get that deal? And people who kind of accomplished more in the business and wrestled longer and play deputies can't get that deal. Is it just the marketability? I mean he sold tickets or things like that. What goes into the yeah.
Speaker 3: I believe refer back to the early nineties, Pat say, early two thousands. I Pat, you want to take that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think we're on like two thousand and three here. I think part of it was, you know, they they thought they thought Goldberg was the last big name that they hadn't done and they could, I could make some serious money off of Goldberg. And part of it was, you know, you might remember that The Rock was a friend of Goldberg's and if Goldberg came in, the Rock was going to do a pay per view match with him, which is which is which they did do. And you know, they they wanted to they wanted to do that because they thought they they'd get a lot of money off of that. But yeah, they you know, after a couple of months, they just they just they just pretty much hated the idea of, you know, of having Goldberg around. And and it was it was obviously, you know, it was obviously weren't going to make him their their number one star. They've put the title on him that you know, he wasn't he wasn't their.
Speaker 3: Long term answer, right, And I mean kind of there's always that sort of that feeling that you know, w sabotage. There's also Goldberg was a motivated. How do you weigh out those two things in the end result, which was Goldberg was you know, gone with little fan with a little fan for a restumating you know, twenty in two thousand and four.
Speaker 4: Yes he was sabotage and no he wasn't motivated and you know he was, I mean he was never really I mean you never really had to be motivated. He came into WSW and pretty much right off the bat, they they made a big star out of him. So he didn't he didn't understand why he would have to work hard or anything and why why should he.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everything had been in it to him during his career. Yeah, I think you expected no less in in WWE. Kevin appreciate the phone call. You're listening to the p Tow Torch Live cast. This is p Tow Torch Assistant editor James Caldwell and I'm hosting today alongside Torch called this Pat McNeil and Pat will begin into the light event center and you making fun of this week's Internet pay per views and a little bit later on the show. You we'll get a couple more phone calls before that, and if you want to reach us here on the on the live cast on blog Talk Radio six four six seven the number to give us a call and joined the phone lines. Let's go to our next phone call from the four seven an eight area code. Welcome to the show. Please say tr name and where you're.
Speaker 10: From, christin Georgia.
Speaker 3: He trests, what's on your mind?
Speaker 10: Well, actually it's the uh Daniel Briant question, being that what we know from the tapings from last night, do you think that his like run actually can be a a version of what chrispin Wall got. I mean, you know the showing training getting ready. You know, they can tell us such a great story with this guy. I mean, you know, his charisma is really in the ring, although he does have like some mic skills, so you know, we can actually amp him up to a certain level and build. They got nine months to do what they need to do, give or take. But do you think they could actually tell that great story with him?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And for the listeners who aren't aware what happened in Smack ten taping District, trist are referring to the angle. That's when he set up with Daniel Brian and his money to thank victory.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 3: The pay per view on Sunday. Uh, Pat, I mean to me, I'm always concerned about Brian win in this match, that they're gonna do something like somebody takes the briefcase from him, or uh, someone challenges him to a match and that's how they get out of it. But I mean that they've shut the groundwork to make Brian a feature act for you know, the next six to seven months. If you want to pan out, well, we'll stay behind him. Well they kind of falter and then oh that's right. A month, you know, a month before WrestleMania they decide to kind of pick it up again. I mean, how do you shoot this plane out for the next you know, six seven months?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean they could do it. It's not that they don't have don't have the skill to do it. I mean, you know, maybe maybe what needs to happen if somebody needs to go up to Vince McMann and says this, Vinc you're never gonna get that Daniel Brian guy over as a big star, at which point he'll get pissed off enough that he that he tries to do it. You know, I mean you would would uh would eight months of Daniel Brian getting ready for a big title shot at WrestleMania with that, you know, withou and then treating Daniel Brian like a star. Would that I mean, would that work? Yes, it would. I'm not sure they're going to follow off on anything. They They seem to have problems remembering what they're doing from from week to week, and that that would concern me if I was Daniel Brian. Another another possibility is, you know, Daniel Brian's got a yeah, I mean an injury. You know, you saw what happened to mister Kennedy or Ken Anderson. You get injured at the wrong time. You know you you've just lost your You just lost the potential WrestleMania main events. I don't trust w W to let something like this go for freight than nine months, but I hope they do. I think Daniel Brian's talented enough and he's he's enough of the talker that that that this could.
Speaker 3: Work that I want to get a bold prediction from you. It will be the back down War Heavyweight Champion WrestleMania who Brian would would be facing, assuming it all it all holds a form, and that you know Brian is a challenger, who who give me a both prediction who's the championing challenges for.
Speaker 4: Randy Orton.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not so bold, because that's that's who I thought too. I imagine, I imagine.
Speaker 4: And maybe and maybe, just maybe Randy Orton will be a heel by them.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think that's I think that's a I mean, based on what they did on Sunday, it was a little bit of you know, in the postmatch for Christian, it was a little I mean, I thought they might be going for double turn, even though Christian obviously heeled to win that match, but the crowd was more amped for Orton in the post match they were during the match. It was a little bit of a different crowd. But I felt like it was the painting scenes for a potential heel turn and having to order be more of a right rather than being more of an edgy baby face. I thought it was leaning more toward we're gonna turn him heel again. What do you what do you think that?
Speaker 4: Well, Well, the problem with that is, I mean, you know, Randy Orton is somewhat edgy, you know, somewhat edgy baby face and that and that's that's one thing. But what really gets Randy Orton Over is the babyface is when he acts like a psychopath, you know, like like Dexter or a character in a in a in a character in American Psycho or something like that. So that's that's that's the thing is they want to you know, I mean, if they want to get him over as a baby face, they have to. They have to have him you know, being you know, being uh, you know, being crazy, being you know, beating up, beating up people, you know, losing his comfort all the time. That's that's the sort of thing that's gonna that's the sort of thing that that wrestlings him kind of want to see. Yeah, remember how Over he was a couple of years ago and all he was doing was beating up McMahon's and he was supposed to be the big heel and he was, briefly before they screwed it up, the most popular guy.
Speaker 3: In the company, right because he was able to do stuff that other characters couldn't do, you know, like you know, taking her you know, join some of Stephanie just handcuffed the ring rope. I mean, you know, not every character can do that, and so it made him stand out, like you said, Yeah, I mean I thought they're trying to do what they were trying to go for last year, which was that or Yeah, last year on Raw has seen it be the the classic baby face that appeals to the broader demographic and then have Orton be the cool baby face who appeals to the male demographicy you know, the male eighteen forty nine eighteen thirty four demographic, and have those two different fan bases with a strong, likable baby face to kind of get behind. And then they kind of lost their way with Orton and the next thing fell apart and it all just kind of crashed down. But I thought they might be trying to go that direction with Orton on SmackDown now to reinvigorate that brand because it needs a little bit of life into it.
Speaker 4: So I don't know if that will, but but I mean, and the problem with that is, you know, your your babyfaces can only be you know, can can only be strong. Them look good if they have strong people to fight.
Speaker 3: True, very true.
Speaker 2: I'm Chris Maitland, I'm Justin McClellin. We host Wrestling Coast to Coast, a podcast on independent wrestling. Every week, Chris and I review a different show.
Speaker 5: We're talking about important topics from around the indie wrestling world.
Speaker 2: Learn about the hot underground stars and the future main eventors. For anyone else, you can reach us at Torchcoast to Coast at gmail dot com and me on Blue Sky at Mind of Maitland. You can reach me at Blue Sky at Justin McClelland find the show on your PW torch daily cast podcast feed, search PW Torch on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you listen to podcasts.
Speaker 5: Also stream the latest shows on PW torch dot com.
Speaker 3: And that's that's probably the biggest problem on SmackDown is the lack of depth. I mean it's a big problem Raw too, but Roy has John Cena, SmackDown has Rainy Ordon everybody else seemingly, you know, they're trying to Mark Henry. They're trying to get Mark Henry going, as you know for the eight hundreds time. I don't know that Mark u Nivers, Rainey Orton is any match or a few did anybody wants to see. But if they really keep going with this March Henry programming could be at least something for Orton to do after summer. Say I'm a Christian to maybe lead it into the fall and have something more intriguing on SmackDown. But maybe Cody Rhodes or they rebuilt Wade Barrett or heck even Jenner Mahaal they did something with him. Who knows. But yeah, I mean there's issues there and they have to sort those things out. Chris, appreciate your phone call. Calling a pet. Do you have a fun fun?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, you know, it's just like you know when when they do the Batman movies. You know they had Batman going against the Joker and not say egghead, you know, I mean, I mean, you're the stronger, the stronger the heel, the better you can be at the videotape, right.
Speaker 3: That's that's right on. Yeah, Chris, thanks for the call. Let's go to the seven o eight area code. Welcome to show. We patred any where you're from?
Speaker 12: Boris from Chicago?
Speaker 3: Hey, Boris? What's talking about that?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 12: I think he hit it pretty much on head Randy Orton and I forgot about the McMahon and versus Orton situation, which that's what created him. And I think that's why it's so hard for him to get over right now, is because he faced off against the top vic man, you know what I'm saying, and it and it actually made his character and when they wore him down as a babyface and not what he is, nobody, nobody believes in and that the night man in the bank, it pretty much showed who he was, you know, the person that everybody liked. But my question is, now we gotta why am I gonna buy some SummerSlam?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You see what I'm saying. Ye, Why am I gonna buy Somerslam?
Speaker 12: You got you you know, built this thing up with him?
Speaker 3: Funk.
Speaker 12: Okay, we do that now we got now we got the big money. How do you get me to buy a SummerSlam? And with the other thing?
Speaker 3: Okay, big push ya reel.
Speaker 12: Rally, miss Archie.
Speaker 6: How do we do it?
Speaker 8: And keep it going?
Speaker 12: With the Mahal guy v DVR, Cody, Dave Bryant, Andy.
Speaker 3: Big push and keep going?
Speaker 4: How do we do it?
Speaker 6: Tell them my questions?
Speaker 3: Thank you that you want to take that first.
Speaker 4: We we sort of talked about that earlier. You need to you know, you can't pick twelve guys. You need to pick you know, your your three or four or five guys. And and I mean just just keep pushing him, keep having him win, keep having him look strong, and and have them and they have you know, you can't do even Stephen. They've got to keep rolling through people every week on their way to wherever they're going, and and and you know, I'd say they're doing a pretty good job with gender Mahal and that they're I mean, you know, they're not trotting them out every week, but when they do, you know, he's he's beating somebody and he's looking strong doing it, and he doesn't you know, doesn't really need doesn't really need to cheat. So you know that they're you know, you know that eventually they're gonna get him. When they get him up against the Randy Orton or or the Undertaker or or Ezekiel Jackson, you know that. I mean, he's he I mean, it's gonna look like a strong contender.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And that's what I don't get about when someone becomes a champion, especially on SmackDown. I think WAYE. Barritt lost pretty much every match he had when he was Interconnal champion on TV. I think he retained the Interconno title. I think twice by DQ or count out. I don't mean you want a single match on TV when he was champion, Ezekiel Jackson, that put a belt on him. He lost his first two TV matches. I mean it's like, you build somebody up, you make him a strong challenge. I mean, Ezekiel had won I think ten matches in a row on TV. I think you put the belt on and he had n't lose twice. You know, it's just it's dumb. I just I don't I mean, I know they want to make him look like a vulnerable champion, I guess, but I mean it makes a belt don't seem not credible. You know, if a guy just wins, he wins the belt and he loses for two matches. Obviously they're non title, but they weren't for the title. But I just, you know, I just don't get that. I mean, it said whole build them up and then even him out, and build them up and even him out, and nobody gets over and I just see that dumb And that's that's that's like smacked down in the Nut Show for the last five or six years, and that's that similar tight booking pat I mean, what what what Summer Slam? I mean, in certain respects that Money's banks felt like WrestleMania, and certain respects, it didn't feel like WrestleMania in the sense that I don't know if they got the broad WrestleMania casual viewer audience to buy that pay per view. And obviously we'll see when the by ery comes in. I think they got pretty much anyone who is interested in seeing punk from that mel demographic to I don't say anyone, but you know, most people were interested in that program probably bought that pay per view. And we've got we've got a lot of response in our feedback. We all a response it's like, you know, I haven't ordered a non WrestleMania pay per view in five years. I got a lot of that feed We got a lot of that feedback on the Torch. So I think they drew in that that audience that would read the Torch, that was, you know, calling the live cast. The by rate I think will be in will probably indicate whether they got that casual viewer. But now it's like you go to Summer Slam.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about this already, but that is a big question that Morris, you know, mention is how do you get somebody who ordered money in the bank to order SummerSlam, or how do you get someone who maybe wasn't that interested in the program on raw, maybe a casual viewer who maybe found a little bit disenfranchised, and that's debatable, But how do you get someone who maybe wasn't all the way intrigued by that to order Summer Slam? And I don't know that they have that answer right now unless it is dam Punk, and I think the only match they can do with Punk is Triple H John Cena Part two. I don't know that I will get anybody to buy SummerSlam McGain. I'm sorry to buy summers and have some money the bank. So I think Boris said the big question for the next three or three weeks the TV is how do you get somebody into buy Summer Slam? And I don't know they have any answer right now.
Speaker 4: Well, you're asking two different questions. One is you know, how do you get people to order Summer Slam? And I think WWE's real answer would be, well, we've got three more weeks to do that, which which is you know. I don't like that answer, and obviously you don't. That's that's sort of the way they think they're they're not. You know, they weren't focusing on on that this week. They were just they were just trying to to start something. I'm not sure about what they started. But the second question is the buy rate for money in the bank. And here's the way the way I figure it. I figure among the you know, among the let's call them more serious SAMs, the people who are listening to the live cast, people subscribe to the torch, you know, that sort of thing. Yeah, I think among those people, you know, the buy rate's going to be up because we've just heard anecdotally from people who you know, were finally interested enough to buy a pay for you after after you know a few years of just ignoring the w W secondary taper views, you know, and then you go into the casual fans. Did this you know, did this build up appeal to the casual fans? Well? Maybe not. But the whole reason the paper you buy rates for down is because the casual fans haven't been ordering pay per views for a long time. Sure, so you're not really losing anything in my opinion on that, in terms of by rate. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's a good point. Yeah, that's a very good point. Pat as I think I think that maybe it might be tried a good strategy, which is get the the the more like I said, the more serious viewer fan to order an off brand pay per view and then turn around the next month the SummerSlam, you know, traditionally bought by the casual audience, not as much as in recent years that's dropped off along with the eroding raw ratings, and try to appeal to them with something that would also draw in that same audience that bought money in the bank, that that would be more apt to buy two straight paid for views even though they are forty five dollars, and trying to get that casual viewer so interested in the Summer Slam that they try to sweep in both audiences, and like I said, Pat, kind of raps get a two for one with that more serious viewer buying money in the bank, and then you get the more casual viewer plus that audience to buy a SummerSlam, and that might be where they go from the from here, where they execute it, That's says the thing, and that's what it will make the next couple of weeks pretty fun, is seeing how they execute coming out of money in the bank going the Summer Slam.
Speaker 4: You know, I in their opinion, there's probably you know, some casual fans who are going, you know, who are hearing, Oh, Triple H came back and I missed the show. I want to watch the next week and see what you've went do and that maybe you know and maybe go that way. Yeah, because I think.
Speaker 3: That there there nindset is that Trip H draws in casual viewers. And because you know how long has been on TV, he's part of the X. He's got that, so that Sean Michael's rub that kind of is part of him. So yeah, I think you said, I think trimple as you're turning oh, you know, kind of the casual viewer's ears per cup, and that must mean it's a really big deal that he's back. Plus he's coming off you know, the program if you're with the Undertaker at WrestleMania, and that's still part of trip Wah as well. So yeah, I think you're right about that.
Speaker 1: Just a reminder, you can reach us at Wade Keller Post Show at gmail dot com if you're interested in contributing to the flagship, or Wade Keller Post Show at gmail dot com. If you're interested in submitting a question or a topic or even a rant on the Wade Keller Pro Wrestling post shows.
Speaker 3: Now let's go ahead and uh, we'll get to some more phone calls. Before we get a phone calls, Let's go to the Live Events Center PAD and what's on the schedule for the next week in wrestling?
Speaker 4: Okay, good anything, mister and missus Wrestling and all the ships that see. This is your PW TWYS live event there for July twentieth, twenty eleven, brought to you by the East Coast CAF. Immediately the show, you can hear Travis Bryant and bar Gray Prinale by visiting blogtalk Radio dot com slash East Coast Cast. Parental discretion is advised. Right now, on ww dot com, we can watch last night's episode of ww NXT featuring a main event of Tinnath O'Neil versus Darren Young.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Also tonight JCW Above the Law Internet tape review from Pontiac, Michigan. For a mere five dollars, you can watch Saboo versus Eugene and two tough Tony defending the JCW title against Officer Colt Cavana. Among other matches. Tomorrow afternoon five TM Eastern watch WW Superstars on WW dot.
Speaker 6: Com and or on Hulu.
Speaker 4: You're a main event, it will be the New Nexus taking on Santio Marilla and Zach Ryder in a non title match, plus Tyson Kid, Justin Gabriel Primo growing in all your favorites from the Superstars brand. Tomorrow night, Impact Wrestling on ske TV. It'll be Mickey James taking on Velvet Skies with the Knockouts title, and in your main event, James, I know you've almost forgotten this, it'll be Sting and Kurt Angle battling Mister Anderson and Bully Ray.
Speaker 11: I did almost backdown.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you did almost forget w W SmackDown on sci Fi this Friday night, it will be the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion Christian taking on Ezekiel Jackson the Intercontinental Champion in a non title match, and in your main event, Randy Orton versus Kane in a street fight based on what happened last week on SmackDown Today. Impact Wrestling has house shows this weekend Thursday night in Salem, Virginia, Friday night in Winston, Salem, North Carolina, and Saturday in Harrington, Delaware. On those shows you will see Brian Kendrick defending the X Division title against this aj Styles, taking on Mister Anderson, and various matches in the Bound for Glory series. W W RAW house shows this weekend Springsfield, Massachusetts, Wild World, New Jersey, and Upper Marlborough, Maryland. Your featured vats are Raymas Stereo versus Themis and John Cena taking on Alberto Zelria w SmackDown house shows in Pittsburgh and White Plains coming up Saturday and Sunday. On those shows you get to see Ezekiel Jackson defending the Intercontinental title against Wade Barrett and Christian versus Andy Orton for the World title, and Brett Hart is scheduled to make a special appearance in Pittsburgh. On Saturday night, Risina, California PWG That's eight, It's eighth anniversary show. On that show, it will be the returning Young Bucks taking on the team of Kevin Stein and Sima and for the PW title. A big three way match quadio cast you know, Lead versus Chris Harrow versus David Richards. On Monday night WW RAW on the USA Network from Hampton, Virginia. The Triple h Era continues in week two and scheduled to have Rain Stereo taking on the Miz for the ww title and Tuesday Night on Internet paye review from New York City. It is evolved nine. I think we're up to number nine.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: Your main matches on that show Sammy Callahan versus Sitt Finley and for the wins lead and evolved the main event Johnny Gargano versus Chuck Taylor. And now as a special bonus just for James Caldwell, it's time for Pat McNeil makes fun of your Internet tape review. Yes, you'll want to be in front of your computer on July thirty first at five pm Eastern as West Virginia Championship Wrestling presents Ring Break Bash twenty eleven. They taped it apparently this spring, with such classic bouts as one Machine taking on two Tasks in a flag match, and for the West Virginia Championship Wrestling Title, it'll be Ryan Edmunds versus Joey Morton. Yes they're charging Monny for this. That's on Go Fight Live dot TV coming up on July thirty first, which I want to say is due. Is that a Monday, Now, that's a Sunday. That's a Sunday afternoon, Yes, surday afternoon internet pay per view tapes months ago, and there it is, James.
Speaker 3: I'm baffled by that. So it's called spring Break and they're aired in July.
Speaker 4: Bringing break Bash. Well, go to the nice people at Go Fight Live. Seem to think it's a live pay per view, but I think they're wrong about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'm gonna have to tell them that that was taped a couple of months ago. Anyways, Kat, thanks for that actually be a live of eent Center and then makes fun of the pay.
Speaker 11: For view and.
Speaker 4: James the the the free show that we talked about last week is up there now, so you can cut that out.
Speaker 3: So the free show is now free, freely available? Is that without uh out paying? Okay?
Speaker 12: Cool?
Speaker 3: Have you watched it yet? That is it? Is it worth checking out?
Speaker 6: Or are you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: That's what I thought. Yeah, I don't think it's probably not worth the time, but it is free, so it might be. I don't know. Any event, Let's go to our next phone call nine seven three area code. Welcome the show, and please state your name of where you're calling from nine three.
Speaker 9: You're on there down from New York.
Speaker 3: Hey, John, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 9: Two quick questions? First question, Uh, now that they've put CM punk, they've elevated them to this god like status. I definitely think they're gonna They're just not gonna.
Speaker 6: Let that go.
Speaker 3: Can you see a first question?
Speaker 9: Can you see a potential scenario where true Full H steps up to see them Punk being there's already some heat in that relationship. They traditionally don't like each other. And the last promo actually Triple H cut when he was with CM punk in in a ring or near a ring. He said, you know, Punk, I agree with you about to not draking and not doing drug. That's a good message, anybody said to him, But do you have to look like you haven't seen a shower in six months? So do you sl scenario where where Triple H steps up to see them Punk and says you want to pick on somebody, pick on me? And they possibly set up a scenario for WrestleMania match between the two or even sooner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I was thinking for SummerSlam. Pat, do you think they can stretch it out to WrestleMania as a potential attraction match.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know that they want to stretch it out to Wrestlemaniam because last I checked, the plan was to do another Triple H versus Undertaker match at WrestleMania. Of course that's going to depend on how Undertaker is feeling and probably some other factors. Yeah, I would I would accept the poor Wrefflemania, assuming that Criple Hs, you know, wants to ruffle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I see it's either at Summer Slam or except that it is kind of depending on whether you want whether Triple H twins the wrestle I can see SummerSlam. I mean, there's a lot of post quotas.
Speaker 6: It could be.
Speaker 3: It could be Survivor Series in New York to kind of enhance that along with the Rock, you know, coming back to confront Sena. It could be the Real Rumble. It's sort of a nice bonus match to go with the Rumble. I think it never when they're going to get to that match. I think that match will happen where in which pay per view? You know that that's that's a that's up for debate. We might we might find out on Monday's Raw because I think if they're going to do that Summer Slam, obviously they need to get right to that because they don't have a lot of time. So that's a possibility. If it is, Summers will probably find out this Monday. Uh Yeah, trying to your second question.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and moving look going forward, looking out to WrestleMania. I mean it's already on fire, but to poor little Gasoline on it. What is ww's plans for stone Cold going forward? Is he going to be continued with the tough enough? Do you see a scenario where Stone Cold gets a match at WrestleMania? And what is thinking the significance of Punk wearing that stone Cold shirt the other night? Do you see a scenario of a Punk stone Cold match at WrestleMania? One guy being the anti drinking guys, you know, Punk and then Stone Cold, you know, mister beer himself. The clash of culture so to speak.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's that Greg Barks that talked about in the special Life catch after the pay per view is if Austin were to have one final match and if Funck is still as hot as he is, it's a possibility. But I mean that do you think it would happen. Is it still everything that with Austin is off the table because of his injury.
Speaker 4: It's I mean, w W A if Steve wanted to wrestle a match, they would move heaven and earth to make it happen. Austin has said he he feels that at most he has one match less than him, and you know he's not sure if and when he wants to do that, and so the real question is, you know, and I know seam Punk has told anybody that would that that will listen to, he'd love to wrestle Steve Austin. And you know he's actually a fan of Steve Austin the work wise, So I mean, Steve Austin if they do another season is tough enough. They are planning on having Steve Austin be the host again, So I mean, there's not a there's not a problem with that relationship. It's up to it's up to Austin whether he'd want to do it.
Speaker 5: Longing for some nostalgia or maybe you want to learn some wrestling history, don't miss the Nineties Pass cast every Friday on the PW Torch Daly Cast Feed. Alex and Patrick will transport you thirty years into the past by taking you through the Torch issue from that very.
Speaker 2: Weak news from the WWF and WCW and all.
Speaker 5: The happenings from across the wrestling industry in real time as The Torch reported it thirty years ago. That's the nineties pass cast every Friday on the PW Torch Daily Cast Feed.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, I mean, like you said, I mean, Austin's a fan of Punk, and I think if Punk is still as hot, I mean, I'm gonna see depends on where they go from here with Punk, and we're assuming that Punk is still part of the company, you know, five months from now when they would start, you know, ratching up for WrestleMania. So I mean, I think if Punk is as hot as he is, I think Austin would view that as yeah, I'll come back and do that match again. It all depends on It's hell uh, you know, and that I think that's the biggest issue. But I really think that if Austin could do that match, I think he'd be in favor of doing that match with Punk. Obviously, Punk was very much in a favor of doing that match with Austin. So it's a possibility. I mean, there's so many different possibilities right now. A lot of it I think depends on punk status where they go at this main angle they just created, and we'll kind of see how that sorts out over you know, the next five, six, seven months. So John, thanks for the call. Let's go to our next caller from the seven O three area code. Welcome to the show. Please say your name it where you're from.
Speaker 13: Hey, y'all, it's Larry from Atlanta. A question about Hey, hey, James and Patt. I have a question about CM Punk and kind of how to handle him taking the belt away. I'm kind of surprised that they just went flat out with a you know, potentially stripping of stripping him of the title, although they never really officially said that, and they never crun a new champion, so you know, who knows where they're going with it per se. But I mean, do you do you think it's basically going to be a deal where they try and just crown a new champion and then have you know, punks still late claim to the title at this point, or you know, go ahead and just strip it without waiting for the traditional thirty day you know, type of stipulation that they've always done before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean Jerry Lawler kind of slipped in something I don't remember which match was. It was then win the tournament matches, and he kind of slipped in. And I don't know if he actually did flip on this, and he didn't mean to say it, because they never, like I said, they never really officially said he stripped. But Lawler said something like something the lines of, you know, seam fault. He didn't say the names, you know, couldn't his name, but he says it along along the lines of the former champion has been stripped or he's no longer champion. There was something to that effect, but it was never officially mentioned or drawn attention to. So I think that's part of the convoluted picture of where they are. Pat, real quick, you're you're well, Pat, We'll take your fault on that in in the after show We're gonna last time. Thanks everyone for listening. Pat, you and I would do the after show coming up next and tune in again everyone On Thursday. All right, Todly, we were off the air on the live stream of Page. Your thoughts on Larry's call and what they might do with the actual title.
Speaker 4: Well, we're probably actually on the air. Okay, the thirty day rule. WWE hasn't actually cared about that for a couple of decades, because you know, the Ultimate Warrior and Hulk Hogan used used to routinely go more than thirty days without defending the title. I don't think that's a factor here. I like the thirty day rule and the idea of it, and I'd be all, I'm safe for them bringing it back. I think if Sampunk is going to be at SummerSlam, he shows up on Raw this Monday, and because they're, yeah, in some capacity, and if you know, if they go ahead and crown the champion and do whatever they're doing and there's no mention of CM Punk and there's no sign of them Punk, then they're going to leave it for for a little while. And you know, and Punk is gonna take his time off because you know, I and that's just my opinion. I think they're gonna you know, yeah, I expect that they're gonna. Yeah, I agree with you.
Speaker 3: If Punk's going to be part of Summer Slam, he's gotta be on Monday's Raw, and and I really see, I just I don't see another match they could do that would equal or be stronger than Seena Pump orrust as at Money in the Bank without without Punk. You know, we talked about the Sina del Rio throw somebody else or just that match straight up talk about you know, if miss or ray or capture an quote unquote title, no cash in and then that person faces Sina. I don't see that. I mean Ray Sina, Miss Sina. I mean, that's just that's not gonna work to equal or better Money in the Bank. So I think I think they're gonna keep Punk for Summer Slam, find a way to do that match, and then maybe he goes away for a while, and maybe that's how they get out of out of Punk winning at at winning to make and keeping the title with with the rio teas and the cash in is have Punk drop the title in Summer Slam, And I don't know that that seems like the logical way to go if Punk is really leaving the company, and the other option, you know, pat is I mean, if they wanted to go the round. I was having Punk kind of walk around the title and show up at at independent shows or you know, this is kind of you know, the far fetched thing. They could do and film it, you know, and and and do the grainy anheld film of Punk quote unquote at an independent show with the title, they go that route, I don't see it happening. I really I could see where Punk comes at SummerSlam, he drops the title and they go from there with the actual new champion. Well, there's so many different.
Speaker 8: Ways could go, James.
Speaker 4: If they're gonna do that, that sort of indie thing with with Punk going around with it, they probably could start it tonight at the at the at the i C t sail up in Michigana.
Speaker 3: Wrest line the jug Yeah, yeah, I mean that's.
Speaker 4: I mean, it doesn't get much more endie than that.
Speaker 3: I don't like the idea of I'm going to the US. I'm not the UFC, it's the uh what what Bobby Where Bobby Lashley is where his fight's going to be next buts next Friday.
Speaker 4: Strike Force or whatever there or something.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think it's.
Speaker 3: Titan f C. There you go, and having Paul show up there with the title. I think that's I think that would be a nice way to extend this program. And they can't even I mean, I don't know if I don't know what kind of relationship w W and Titan could have here, but I mean the name maybe would be intriguing, uh to WD but have w air footage of Paul. But then again to get into the thing where they don't want to draw attention to him at all, so that that's the issue they have to get around, maybe Triple H would maybe Triple H would introduce that. I mean, there's some many things they could do and they could change their mind eight thousand times.
Speaker 4: And you know, yeah, if the football strike in they could have you know, they could have Punk Shoup with developed the Hall of Fame game where the Bears are playing.
Speaker 3: That's true. Yeah, yeah, yeah, there's a lot ways to go here. Yeah for sure. Any fall thoughts on that topic before we wrap it.
Speaker 6: Up and go the after show, I'm not really all right?
Speaker 3: Uh So that would do it for us here on blog Talk Radio Torch VIP members stick around for the after show. Thanks every for listening, and we'll talk to you again on Thursday. All Right, we were down to the VP after show portion of today's live cast, and of course this is the uh, the favorite part of my week is the VIP mailback and they Pat me Neil Zone take a lot of good listener questions from from the loyal, faithful Pat me Neil question askers trying to get to the trying to get to the name I'm looking for. But of course, if you're towards VFP memory, you can go to the forum, go to the Pat me Neil Zone, go to the listener mail thread and drop your question right there in the nice handu little form for every Wednesday's after show with Pat me Neil. So, uh, Pat, what's going and see what's in the mail bag of this week?
Speaker 11: Okay, Well, well, first of all, before we start that a question which has come up, uh, which has come up a couple of times. Yes, we're killer. Did did mail mean my Juggle Out Championship Wrestling T shirt finally got here in the mail so that Pat, No, it's it's not it's it's not on my size, obviously, but yeah, and uh, I think my and my wife's not gonna wear it, and I think she wants me to donate it to good will or sometimes. But anyway, it's it's it's a lot of gray shirt. I'm sure, I'm sure I'll find somebody who's who's willing to wear it somewhere. Right, Let's let's go on, Hawkins. Is that first team? Right? Kay? Pet I read an interview with Kerry Saturn and said there were eighteen w SEW guys who were planning the league with the radicals. I had heard the Conan Ray and Shane Douglas were also going to leave. Do you have any idea who the other eleven would have been? Well, here's the thing that happened. You know, people forget how screwed up that was when it was happening. What happened is going into that weekend, Vince Russo was still in charge of w c W and because of the injuries you know, which took place on that show, which I think where let's see h Jeff Jarrett was injured and and Brett Hart was injured, uh, you know, and and they were both in in that that covered the top two matches on the show. So the paper view had to be redone and they had to come up with a new championaire place Brett Hart. And the story goes that, you know, you know, everybody from w W came in, including research superiors, and Russom made the pitch for what he wanted to do on the show, and after Russo.
Speaker 6: Left the room, they said, okay, with this guy's got to go.
Speaker 11: And Kevin Pulldan was fu in charge. So I mean, it's possible that all these people they were talking about were people who didn't like Russo and were prepared to go. And if you talk about those people, that's a long list and probably include most of the Luta Doors who were still around the company, and you know, some of the other people or for it could have been people who wanted to leave as Kevin Pulllan was in charge and they were about to lose whatever strip they had with the Russo. So in other words, I'm not In other words, I'm not sure. I mean, I mean, there are a lot of there weren't a lot of people happy with being in WW at that time.
Speaker 3: Though, especially when the roster had about eight hundred people on it, So you figure about eighteen guys that probably wanted to leave, you know, no matter what the same.
Speaker 11: I figured that people didn't want to leave with the one two are getting paid to sit at home, yes, which included what you're yeah, and you're talking about the guys that's a lot of people exactly. Yeah, in thank the most of two thousand, trying to you know, after they said the second half of two thousand, trying to get rid of some of those people who were under contract not doing anything.
Speaker 3: To literal or not little little or no success. Yeah, most I get pre contracts.
Speaker 1: UH iPhone users. If you're listening to us on the Native podcast app on your iPhone, you can unlock our commercial free versions of our free shows. By searching p W Torch in Apple Podcasts. You'll see a charcoal grade logo that says p W Torch v P on it. Click on that, there's some free samples of VIP shows and you can unlock the entire VP lineup, which includes VP exclusives plus commercial free versions of the free shows. By searching PW Torch in Apple Podcasts and clicking on the torch you VIP logo and then activate your three day free trial and after that you can become a VIP member using your Apple account. It's that easy. Enjoy a streamline listening experience to our free shows and unlock all the VIP exclusives, including our post pay per view roundtables, the Wade Keller news bulletins. Everything with Richard Wade, the Fix that I host with Todd Martin and a variety of other VIP exclusives. Just search PW Torch in your Apple podcast app.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I don't think eighteen is far fetched. I mean, if you're going to try to look at individuals, and like I said, Pat the Luchador roster, that's a good place to start. I mean you can probably probably. I think I don't think Perry is exaggerate when he said eighteen guys wanted to leave now.
Speaker 11: Still under contract. I was like, thanks, still under contract and he probably wanted to leave. So there's another one right there. Yeah, yeah, anyone who was in the I don't know. I mean i'd actually have to look through the post of people who were employed then, and that's I'm sure that's a lot of people, yeah, it.
Speaker 3: Which doesn't make eighteen far fetch. I think that's probably a pretty reasonable number.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, man.
Speaker 11: And and maybe Shava would have would have left too with with his Uncleetti, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't think showed interest in him at the time, did they.
Speaker 11: I think, well, they also didn't show interest in Conan and Shane Douglas, which I mean, especially Shane Douglas, which he would have allowed. You know, he left, Shane Douglass left. He quit, and and I think he was I think they weren't interested in them, and he had the sort of crawl back with his Taible twain his.
Speaker 3: Legs right right. That's the thing is all these people wanted to leave, but not necessarily Noverdeon didn't necessarily would have any interest in them at all.
Speaker 11: Yeah, there was that.
Speaker 3: That's the issue.
Speaker 11: I mean, they got who they wanted. Okay. Up next, Aaron Bark from Cedar Hill, Missouri, says hellim Agan Patton James two questions for you. I was curious what you do think are the best and worst designs for a championship belt? Well, maybe can I start with the worst one? Sure, I'll give you a hand. It was carried around by Jeff Hardy.
Speaker 3: And the Immortal belt.
Speaker 11: Yes, yeah, I think that. I think that's the worst. You know, my favorite is still the the big gold belt that was used as the w c W title in the nineties. Yeah, not the not the not the n w A belt, which is which is good for different reasons. But I liked, Yeah, that was that was the one I liked best.
Speaker 3: I think, Yeah, worst, I'd say the Spinner Belt and the Immortal Belt just got it just too much, too much best. Yeah, I'd say the classic, uh the double ingle Wings WS title belt, that just as a classic look to it. It felt and looked championship worthy. And so I also had a you know, a soft spot for the white Inner title belt with the white strap there's h a classic look, just a nice upgrade. So it was always a favorite that one.
Speaker 11: Yeah, all right. My other question is about WW Superstars. What is the opening video to the show? Never teach your superstars with actual appear on the show. There's this w w's a way of telling us that the people who appear on the show are actually not superstars and don't matter. Thanks again for all the entertainment you've provide. Okay, yeah, well, I think they want people to tune into the show, so they show the the the WWE wrestlers that they think people are our most interested in. However, those wrestlers are usually taken by the writers of Ron SmackDown and and the people who put together superstars are left with them with whoever is not being used. That leak which sort of you amp, which explains explains what happens now Occasionally you get things like last week, Wade Barrett, who was in the intro, was you know, was on Superstars. That's very nice. I think maybe you get one a week. And I think this week Squad and we didn't talk about Evan Board is gonna be on Superstars and I'm pretty sure he's in the interest somewhere that that's that it. Yeah, I mean, yeah, they they they're aware that that is the is the that of the C show. I think NXP is now the V show.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think the idea and I don't think they execute this well. Is a show. These are all these are all the superstars you recognize, you know, these are these are some of your favorites fro Ron SmackDown and now all these people you're watching they are on the same level because they are if they're on the show. Though this is a nice intro video, then all these people you're gonna see in matches are on the same level. And I think that's what they're trying to indicate, is that these people on the same level as your favorites from the other shows. But the execution may vary and usually does not. It's not it's not executed very well. In that in that regard, But I think the idea is to create the impression that these wrestlers are on the same level as your favorite stars, and I don't think it works out too well.
Speaker 11: You know what, I also have another possibility. You do actually get to see the wrestlers that are in the intro. It's just that they you get to see them when they're showing the video package of what happened in the main event on Raw. Yes, the Raw rebound, yes, yes, so yeah, I mean so you didn' get to see see John so you well, you didn get to see say, John Cena coming out and giving his seat. You know, it's just the same seats that they gave on Raw. Right, all right, that's next that gardner that writes prior to Sunday's Mats to Cempunk, what did you think was John Cena tike.
Speaker 6: In ring performance?
Speaker 11: You can argue that a couple of ways. There was a there was a few several years back where you had to carry literally carry the great colleague to a couple of defent matches and that was that was quite an accomplishment. Or or I could say that, uh, you know, the wrestling your twenty three match with Sena And and Sean Michaels and the subsequent rematch in London on that one episode of Raw that those were seen, those teak and ring performances, and I would I would probably agree with that that that's probably what I deal with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was the first thing that came to mind, was the Shawn Michaels series and the match, the fifty something in the match they had in London. I mean yeah, I mean he had so many matches with Ryan Yorton that I couldn't single out a single match he had. I couldn't. There's just so many of them that none of them stand out individually. Uh yeah, he had a good Was it a TLC match or a ladder match at Edge?
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, I remember that. I want to say two thousand and five, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Was that was that Summer Slam or maybe an off ramp pay per view? I don't remember which I think it was.
Speaker 11: I'm forgiven with Trew's the month after Summer Slam.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, yeah, I think that's right.
Speaker 11: See these guys, I can remember what happened on you know, I get so si mat.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, trying to think other not not much with the miss in terms of entering Batista, not really them. They tried that a couple of times, but it just it didn't really work out.
Speaker 11: I mean they they had a series of okay matches. Why don't we deal with that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, I think the Sean Michael's stuff exceeds that. This match obviously gonna blok me right up there.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, okay, let's see you have the next question.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, the final question we have at the Typeman Neil Zone. This comes from Dave Portivo out of a lovely London.
Speaker 6: We're just referring to that.
Speaker 3: He's got two questions, uh, Pat and Caldwell. He says, what first question, do you enjoy one night tournaments?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 11: Pat?
Speaker 3: Do you enjoy one night tournaments?
Speaker 11: Depends on the situation. I mean, yeah, you can, you know, I mean it depends in the situation, depends on who's in the tournament.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 11: WrestleMania four not not the be one night tournament I've ever seen it, probably the most Yeah, I mean they didn't really conclude the tournament on Monday nights. But yeah, I mean, I mean the King of the Ring. I think it's something you can do like once a year, as with the King of the Ring and you know, with the King of a Ring, the King of the Ring. I think it was smarter them to lose that to a you know, to a three hour rock type of thing instead of making a pay for you out of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think that. I don't think it had any lasting drawing power anymore. I mean, let me rephrase it. I don't think it had drawing power anymore.
Speaker 4: It just.
Speaker 3: It's not something you can only sell a paper unless you have your top stars, and even that, you don't know what matchups your top stars are going to be, and that are important. You know, you might have a ray, you might have a ray versus a scene of opening around man, but that will you know, if you're looking at two top stars, but it won't mean anything because you're gonna have, you know, seven more matches that will be of equal or greater important. So it's just it cancels itself outs. I agree with you, Patt, it's better as a TV deal. Do I enjoy one NYE tournaments? I like one night tournaments. I like them. The execution is a problem. I don't know the TA has ever done one night tournament, at least in the.
Speaker 11: Well, you know, one night Yeah, you're right to probably hear them done a lot of one night tournaments. They do tournaments.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't name a one night er. Well, they did a Knockouts one over you know, Christmas a couple of years.
Speaker 11: Ago, and I'm actually one of the few people who like that show.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I don't even know if I saw that show because I was out a ten. I don't know if I ever went back and watching it. But uh, yeah, I like the concept. I think the execution is is suspect a lot of times, and you know, once on the line, and I don't like the idea of vacating the time. I also, I mean the other one and then you have then you have a King of the Ring where Seamus wins and he goes on on a three month losing street. So that doesn't work out aso. Well, yeah, execution is the biggest issue, yeah, I think so. Yeah.
Speaker 14: Hey everyone, longtime PW torchcommist Sean radikin here to let you know I've rebamped and renewed the Raticant Worldwide podcast for twenty twenty six, a weekly VIP exclusive. Every week, I break down four or five of the biggest trending topics in pro wrestling. I also present my analysis, providing insight that helps you understand the story better or see it another way. Then maybe is the controversial takeout there. Then I bring on a special guest for the second half of the podcast. Sometimes it's a wrestler or someone else who works in the business. Other times it's a guest analyst who brings their specialized point of view at a particular key topic in the news. Recent guests have included Bronson Reid from WWE and PCO. One of my areas of SPA is the japan wrestling scene, so I have to cover a big topic from Japan with p W Torch, his own, Alan Farrell, Kelly Wells, and Chris Lansdell. I don't just cover the news. I don't just riff on the news and give a standard hot take. OP bring my decades of studying this industry and talking one on one with dozens of wrestling promoters to each week's show so you understand not just what's happening, but the context of why. Get ahead of the news. Get ahead of the pack with Radking worldwide only at PW Torch vip.
Speaker 3: H The second question from Dave Portivo, what is your favorite tournament and which do you think is the best executed one night tournament?
Speaker 11: The best executed is obviously the one night tournament in Rio de Janeiro where Pat Patterson captured the Inner Continental title back in nineteen eighty. Yes, that, of course would be that, of course would be the best executive. Let's see favorite accounts for a one night tournament that the Crackett Cup back.
Speaker 6: In the mid eighties, and.
Speaker 11: They usually did it over over, yeah, over, They usually did it two nights, you know, the day. Yeah, that's the tasting tournament. I just thought that was a fun idea. And you know, even though you knew there wasn't a million dollars involved, it was one of those shows that was you know, it was a celebration of it was a celebration of taking wrestling and yeah, sometimes that's yeah, sometimes that's all you need.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm trying to think of.
Speaker 11: W c W.
Speaker 3: Did they have a one night tournament? Oh god, yes, with a nitro era, thinking like late to early late nineties, early two thousands, did they have a tournament?
Speaker 11: Oh they did, yeah, nineteen ninety nine, the Norman nineteenninety ninety did Mayhem, which was their tournament's one night tournament for the title, which gret Heart won.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was that Brenn over ben Wall, wasn't it.
Speaker 11: Yes, Okay, you know, I wasn't wasn't crazy about the rest of the tournament versus than a while with a really good match.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the one that if you're geting at an individual match in a tournament, I think that's that's right after you're the top. I was here. They've been some decent King of the ring matches. I can't think of any other top of my head that.
Speaker 11: Like, oh geez, let's see Brett Hart versus mister perfect Preth Hart versus Van van Bigelow. Those those two.
Speaker 3: Come to mind, yeah, Heart, Yeah, and of.
Speaker 11: Course Saviio Vega versus Naval in nineteen.
Speaker 3: Ninety five, which I forget about that one. Yeah, that's that's the best.
Speaker 11: It's a memorable moments. Yeah, Steve Laston beating Jake Roberts in ninety six, and yeah to Rob van Dan versus rock Lesnart even Oh that's the point the tournament final, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, because the problem was ro out those King of the rings was you had the mix of talent, and you never really had a guy in his peak because obviously they that first would be a separate match or separate title match or a suffering grudge match, and you get guys on the way up for the way down. But you never really had a and you might have a couple of those guys. We never really had all the top stars in one single tournament, and they always going to be one one year off with one guy and one year one year or too early with another guy. Never really had them all together for an epic tournament. You had a flash here and then a flash there.
Speaker 11: Well yeah, I mean, and I know there have been tournaments on Rawn SmackDown over the years to you know, to crown number one contenders, and I'm I'm kind of in favor of those, but you know, usually it's it's hard to do in a two hour show where thirty minutes of it's going to be commercials.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you end up. But what we had on Monday, which was you know, uh, five five five minute matches and then one ten minute match, and it's like where did that come from? So yeah, that's the probably run into you know, with a bunch of short matches that you know about a star and a half if that, and that's about it. So that is a prob. Yeah, that is a problem with the two hour show. And that was That was the last question from Dave Fortivo. That's the last question in the mail bag. Anything else in the tournament or any final thoughts before a wrap up?
Speaker 11: No, I mean it should be in.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 11: One of holse shows this weekend evolved on Tuesday night is probably the the you know, it's the big internet pay review deal, along with what's it about to come up from j c W because they've been off given out for a month trying to get a new building. I think and uh and on Saturday it looks looks to the hack of the show I had.
Speaker 3: That's a really strong show.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, you don't wanna, Yeah, I wanna. You might want to get that DVD order.
Speaker 3: Ray, get the pre order in before the show happens, I think there you yeah, yeah, I don't like that.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: Pat, we won't hear from you in a round table until what's the August pay per view from tml Core Justice. I'll thought you, I thought you might like to set up there. So we've got that was a good old fashioned stinging kurd angle match, and then, uh, it's gonna be hardcore about a month.
Speaker 11: So what's that it's gonna be. Uh, it's gonna be hardcore stinging kurd angle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because nothing that sounds hardcore like singing kurd angle.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I imagined a bit fro the thumbtacks. I think that was the my my thought of why he didn't do anything on Uh what was what was the July pay per view victory?
Speaker 6: Uh? It was victory roa destination.
Speaker 3: Yes, I figured he didn't pull out the the weapons and the thumbtack because he was saving it for August.
Speaker 11: That's yeah, Yeah, for the Big Green match with Brian Kendrick.
Speaker 3: I I guess that'll be it. Yeah, I guess that'll be the match. I don't know. I don't know that Bess Kendrick is gonna seem hardcore justice enough.
Speaker 11: But yeah, I haven't you know, so far in the build up and the spoilers, I haven't seen anything that would either suggest three hardcore match with any of the people involved.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is a bit peculiar. It seems like it's only by name this year as opposed to last year and I put the entire program behind it, you know, I don't know, maybe a lot maybe some last second. Hey, let's throw out a uh throwout, Oh, I don't know, uh, ball stone anywhere, or let's throw the street fight here we get no for no reason at all, and that might be the pay pill.
Speaker 11: And they can have the reverse little renal.
Speaker 3: Ah, that's hardcore. That's definitely hard that's hardcore yep, hardcore bad yep. And when he's got a poll, what can we put on a pole?
Speaker 11: That's a great idea.
Speaker 3: Let's see how about uh, how about a contract and a poll?
Speaker 11: You know, I don't know, you a briefcase, briefcase cases, briefcases on polls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like that. So there you go. There's a hardcore Justice pay per view, and let's hear the find folks a team A have in store for the next time Pat you get on the round table. I'm sure it'll be all sorts of fun stuff to talk about with the show that's not really hardcore called hardcore Justice.
Speaker 11: So well, you know, we can I mean, they have a good pay per view. We can always hope that, you know, somehow they turn another another one.
Speaker 3: Yep. Maybe maybe if they're not even paying attention, will turn out to be a decent show. He works out. Yeah all right, Pat, well, a good show. Thanks for enjoining the live cast today. You have a great weekend and we'll talk to you next week. Forms not me, Neil. This is short is the letter, James Polo sign it off.
Speaker 1: Your time is valuable. Go VIP and listen to our show's commercial free a nice streamline listening experience. Pw torch dot com slash go vip for full details on a commercial free listening experience, and with a full VIP membership, you can create custom feeds for individual shows or groups of shows by theme, and also unlock nearly four decades of archives and access our ad free website with VIP exclusive content. Pw torch dot com slash go vip. Your time is valuable, and that's one of the reasons we offer VIP membership. Pw torch dot com slash go vip. You can participate in the way Keller Pro Wrestling podcast by emailing your question or topic too Wadekeller Podcast at gmail dot com. You can also participate in the way Keller post shows by emailing Wadekellerpost show at gmail dot com during or write after Rod Dynamite or Smackdom. Let your voice, let your opinions be heard on our shows via email. Weightkeller Podcast at gmail dot com for the flagship and Wadkellerpost Show at gmail dot com for our post shows. It's next level coverage that you come to expect from the PW Torch brand. No AI, no rookie perspectives, no unfounded rumors, no clickbait, no deceptive headlines, just high quality writing, breaking news and fascinating flashbacks every day at PW torch dot com. Pull yourself away from the vacuous social media experience that I know many of you regret once you get lost in it for minutes, if not hours at a time, and settle in for high quality PW Torch branded wrestling coverage. Admit it, you love Nick Barbatti when he co hosts with me on the Wadkeller Post shows. Well now you can listen to him every week on The Nicky's Club, a VIP exclusive podcast. Here's Nick to tell you more.
Speaker 15: Hey wrestling fans, It's Nick Barbatty and I'm back with the Nicky's Club, the place where the family of Nickys comes together. For big laughs and sharp takes on WWE, for WrestleMania rumors to surprise returns, I got you covered. The Nicky's Club where the wrestling feels like the coolest club in town.
Speaker 1: Nick Barbatti wants to be part of your pro wrestling life every week, So why not let him go vip pw torch dot com slash go vip for full details on signing up. We're compatible with Patreons, Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and just about any other iOS or Android app out there. You also stream directly from our ad free VIP website. The nickis Club waiting for you every week at pw Torch vip. Did you know that you can enjoy commercial free versions of all of your favorite Weight Color podcasts and pw torch daily casts on Spotify. Just go to patreon dot com search pw Torch and subscribe to a VIP membership tier. You get a seven day free trial by the way to kick the tires a bit and see if you like the service, and then sync it with Spotify and you can listen to commercial free versions of our free shows like the Weightkeller post shows, The Way Color podcast, Flagship, our flashbacks, and also the PW Torch Day. The cast lineup again all commercial free and nice streamline listening experience. But with third tier membership you can also unlock all the VIP podcasts, including Everything with Rich and Wade, to Fix with Todd Martin that I host with Todd every week, the Wade Keller news bulletins, post pay per view roundtables, and an array of other VIP exclusive podcasts with different hosts and different themes. Check out the lineup, Go to Patreon and search PW Torch and subscribe and sync it up with Spotify or stay within the Patreon ecosystem. Either way works. Go to Patreon and start your seven day free trial. If you're listening to us on the Apple podcast app, on Spotify, or any other app that allows you to rate our podcast, please take a moment to give us a five star rating. It really helps us in the algorithm and helps them know that you recommend us to others. Just look for a place to rate the show on Spotify, on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you're listening to our shows, and please click that five star rating, and of course thank you so much for listening. A PWR Torch v IP membership doesn't just give you add free access to these shows and a ton of other VIP exclusive podcasts throughout the week, but you also gain access to our unmatched vast library of wrestling history, our contemporaneous week to week coverage through our progressing Torch weekly newsletters dating back to the late nineteen eighties, along with streaming and download access to hundreds of retro radio shows from the nineteen nineties, including some of my interviews with wrestling's top newsmakers in the nineties, and also our podcast library dating back to the year two thousand and three. There's no larger, longer spanning pro wrestling podcast library than that that comes with a PW Torch VIP membership. Now approaching twenty years of podcasting, Go vip and dive into our post pay per view roundtables are covered with some of your favorite eras of wrestling, top name long form interviews, and special format podcasts that we've done throughout the years. Pwtorch dot com slash go vip. We have a streamline sign up for me and you can pay with PayPal or directly with your credit card or debit card. In one or two minutes from right now, you can be a VIP member and diving into our library pw toorch dot com, slash go VIP