Speaker 1: You are Elmer has the music Elmer?
Speaker 2: Want you hit that music for the What you learned this week on the Gary and Shannon Show. They're Gary and Shannon and everybody up there at the Bravery Brewery And this is John from Norco.
Speaker 1: And what I learned this week is that.
Speaker 3: Shannon sometimes getting nervous when she has to do it in front of people.
Speaker 1: Have a great day.
Speaker 2: Everybody drenchs by thank you, weirdo.
Speaker 4: This week on Gary and Shannon, I learned that Gary lunch hot lunches.
Speaker 2: I do like hot lunches. The hottest of lunches is the best kind of lunch.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: This week on The garyan Sharon Show, I learned about the actual seamount underwater volcano five hundred miles away from California, three hundred miles away from Oregon. It's gonna up to but it's gonna be more like a Hawaian erupt channing will.
Speaker 5: Mellow, you know, so it's not gonna wipe us out.
Speaker 4: All Right, y'all, have a good weekend.
Speaker 1: See why Probably not gonna episode.
Speaker 2: But I learned from the Gary and Shannon Show this week Shannon saw a buffalo and a moose.
Speaker 1: This week, ass pretty cool.
Speaker 2: But unfortunately each time she saw them, she was standing in front of the mirror. Oh, why the buffalo you saw was in the mirror?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I get that. This week on the Gary.
Speaker 6: Chain Of Show, I learned that Gary can milk an upcoming story.
Speaker 1: Like no one else. For about five hours yesterday he was talking about.
Speaker 2: This new study of where that you did shower earlier late or today?
Speaker 5: You did that yesterday.
Speaker 3: Too, the story coming up, until finally the last story of the day comes up and.
Speaker 1: He says, Oh, you can shower anytime you want it.
Speaker 6: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: It does matter. You just have to wash your shit. Wait that was it wasn't the best time.
Speaker 3: You've teased it the whole day. No, And then the end the payoff was shower whenever you want.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: Remember, I wouldn't just say something like that to be uneducational.
Speaker 1: You've just said I'm educational.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I would hope so, well, so when is the best time to shower?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, Carl. Go back and check out the podcast. Anywhere you find your podcast, just.
Speaker 5: Go search Garyot Shannyn Ser.
Speaker 2: That's what everybody learned this week on the Garyot Shannon Show.
Speaker 5: I thought you were going to be more educating.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, we can't do it. It's hard to hear. It's all that sort of stuff. It's not as fun as we thought it was going.
Speaker 5: We just have to listen to the podcast.
Speaker 2: But last week you did something interesting with the nine news Nuggets.
Speaker 1: You need to know. You challenged producer.
Speaker 2: Keana to come up with the craziest news nuggets.
Speaker 5: These what I don't think I challenged her.
Speaker 2: That was a downright throw down the gauntlet challenge to come up with the craziest stuff, right.
Speaker 1: Yes, and what did you do? And I found the most you paid off?
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, it was pretty dirty.
Speaker 2: This this week, we've got some stuff at the top, the top of the list that will be just be careful, all right, yeah, we have kids. All right, it's time for our nine news nuggets. You need to know the stories. It kind of fell through the cracks for the rest of the week. Here is your honorable mention.
Speaker 1: Honorable Mention, not the most.
Speaker 6: To mention, honor serving with you didn't great an honorable movie.
Speaker 4: So today we're holding auditions to become the newest member of Honorable Mention.
Speaker 3: There's this thing, it's this debate that I hear from time to time, mostly football season because it involves people from a lot of different parts of the country. But what a burger versus in an out burger?
Speaker 1: It's a hole to do.
Speaker 3: And if you're from Texas, you die on that. What a burger hill is what I've gleaned from the debate that I've overheard. And a Houston guy is suing what a Burger for nearly a million dollars? Why because his burger had onions on it? Somebody just called that. Do you get the onion?
Speaker 1: What a burger? Newsletter?
Speaker 5: Or you just knew the onions.
Speaker 3: Would be a gross gross miscarriage of burger or wreath burgerygy?
Speaker 2: Can I commend you on your pronunciation of onions?
Speaker 5: There?
Speaker 2: Did anybody else notice she didn't say it the wrong way? She said it the exact right way.
Speaker 5: Onions?
Speaker 2: Have you been working on that? I mean, that is the craziest thing. No, I'm dead serious, though.
Speaker 5: Oh thank you. You know it's not just Kanye that's bettering himself.
Speaker 1: I am not lying to you.
Speaker 2: In the moment I met you, the first word out of your mouth was ngon with a G in the middle of it, And that was the first time I've ever heard you say unprompted.
Speaker 1: You just said onions.
Speaker 5: I'm growing up onions.
Speaker 2: Oh you guys, we're watching this in real time. This is amazing, this is really great.
Speaker 5: Do you put onions on your burgers?
Speaker 2: I if I am with my wife, I do not put onions on my burgers. Ah, if she is anywhere within the Western hemisphere, I probably don't put them on my burger.
Speaker 3: Easy.
Speaker 5: When I'm like on my Jersey mics, I'm like extra onions.
Speaker 1: I don't know about extra, but I am a fan of.
Speaker 5: Just if I'm alone, I really hit the onions.
Speaker 2: Because I grew up my parents would always just put onion on whatever, whatever, salads of fruit, whatever they would did you put.
Speaker 1: An onion on it?
Speaker 2: And I mean a slice of a bright white onion sickle slice.
Speaker 3: You don't cook it, the crunch, the coil, the onion on the hot patty.
Speaker 1: Raw onion or grilled onion.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 7: Raw.
Speaker 1: Raw is the way to go more flavorful. It's the real.
Speaker 5: White trash way to do things. I love it.
Speaker 1: Here's number nine.
Speaker 5: I did nine, got really animated over onion.
Speaker 1: I'll be ready to go on the nine and niner. Did I can a niner in there? You're all right?
Speaker 2: I guess A drug bust in Costa Rica's probably not really that much of a news item. You figure, you got your crack cocaine, you got your marijuana. That's you know, it's it's one of the things that happens in every part of the world. What doesn't happen in every part of the world is the capture of five cappy barras.
Speaker 5: What's a kappy bara?
Speaker 2: Imagine a giant dog sized guinea potle.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's really cute.
Speaker 2: It's a massive, massive road and it's like the largest it is. They the coast to recent Costa Rican police sees the crack cocaine, the marijuana, and five of these cappy barras after chasing down a vehicle on the highway.
Speaker 3: So cute, but if you saw one you'd be like, what the hell is that?
Speaker 1: And I don't know what they do with them.
Speaker 2: They are at least if they're here in the United States, they're considered a pass and I think you can hunt them legally.
Speaker 1: There are states.
Speaker 3: Where they are legal to keep Texas, Washington, North Carolina, Aras own to Arkansas, Indiana, Florida and Tennessee.
Speaker 1: Not California.
Speaker 5: No, we don't get to we don't get to use.
Speaker 1: We don't get fun things.
Speaker 5: Here, Buz we're not going to get a cappy bearra. We don't get to take showers here.
Speaker 1: Here's number eight.
Speaker 7: Beat Our child is born every eight second, listening to eight different bosses drawn on about mission statements.
Speaker 3: So when you were in Costa Rica, you didn't bring your your crack and your weed with you.
Speaker 1: No, but I brought my cappy barras that's where it was.
Speaker 2: So a woman was bitten by a dog and has sued.
Speaker 1: This is in Canada.
Speaker 2: Ying Shen had been heading towards the lobby of her apartment complex to wish the building's conciergea happy holidays.
Speaker 1: This is back on Christmas Eve in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: She was bitten by a dog, a miniature Australia and shepherd. And she got out of the elevator at the same time that the neighbor had come into the elevator with his daughter's dog. So the dog, whatever it was intense growling. The dog bites this woman, Ying Shen. She files an incident report at the City of Vancouver and the lawyer in this case of the judge, sorry, the judge in this case overseeing. She was trying to sue the owner of the dog for several thousand dollars because of the dog bite. And what the judge said was, you know what, I sympathize with you, miss Shen, but I am bound to the plot apply the law as it stands.
Speaker 1: In the eyes of the law.
Speaker 2: What happened on Christmas Eve was essentially an accident that no one is to blame for because a dog should be allowed at least one bite.
Speaker 5: I think that's fair, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: You get one chance. The dog is just trying to defend its site. The dog is probably a little scared.
Speaker 5: The dog is a dog.
Speaker 1: One nip, Yeah, get out of there.
Speaker 2: Bite, Come on, get.
Speaker 1: Away from the dog. All right.
Speaker 5: Here's number seven, the.
Speaker 6: Seventh, the seven seven days with a government Checter seven years of college founded.
Speaker 5: Dra seven seven seven days.
Speaker 3: Did you ever have a neighbor that you didn't like, Like back in you know, apartment days where they're like right on top.
Speaker 2: Of you and they're like back on Tuesday, you didn't like the neighbor. But I mean recently, it doesn't have to be when you were in college, right.
Speaker 3: Right, But I feel like really annoying neighbors were usually done.
Speaker 1: They're in the apartments.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So this was going on in Thailand. Apparently there was a guy who had a super no noisy dog and this was a condo that had no pets policy. And this guy repeatedly complained to the housing management several times over the years and nothing was done. He was frustrated, so he took matters into his own hands.
Speaker 5: What did he do?
Speaker 3: He released two massive snakes into the hallway.
Speaker 1: Were they big enough to eat the dogs? They were really large?
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were like six seven eight foot snakes.
Speaker 2: So well, that would that would definitely send a message that my dog was not welcome in the.
Speaker 1: News or in the in the hallway.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do you think when those snakes got out that the door was left unlocked or it was a broken.
Speaker 1: Okay, it happened one time.
Speaker 2: I will say also that there was one time when my wife was in charge.
Speaker 3: In Peter's Never six.
Speaker 5: We just argue because the door was broken, that you.
Speaker 1: Drink another All right, ladies, this is gold.
Speaker 2: I'm not a doctor. I am not a doctor.
Speaker 1: Ninety eight percent of the time when your.
Speaker 2: Water breaks, you should just go to the hospital or at the very least, dude, at the very least, no call the doctor.
Speaker 3: No, nope, not if you work in television news and you're a female.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, you.
Speaker 3: Deliver that baby at the desk because it is cutthroat. You step out to deliver your baby, and another younger girl swoops in takes your anchor chair and you're done just for having that baby. So your water breaks, you stay in that chair. And that's exactly what happened in New York. And that is why she's the morning news anchor, because those women have been.
Speaker 5: Through a lot to get into that chair.
Speaker 3: And Olivia morning anchor for WRGB and Albany anchor the six am news, a couple hours after her water broke, she just stept on going.
Speaker 1: It just happened.
Speaker 2: It was Wednesday that this happened. Her water broke about four fifteen in the morning. He was there at the six am newscast when it started.
Speaker 3: And I bet every woman who is in television news would tell you they do the same thing because you just don't know who's breathing down your neck.
Speaker 1: I think my water just broke. Here's number five.
Speaker 4: We begin bombing in five minutes.
Speaker 6: This is the year five point five.
Speaker 1: Give me a favorite loose immediately.
Speaker 2: I have never been to a beach in Florida. Any bet I ever been to a beach in Florida. Spend some time in Florida. This is probably the worst time for sargassum. Sargassum is a brown floating algae that turns unpleasant once it hits land.
Speaker 1: If it's in the water, everything's cool.
Speaker 2: Once it gets land and starts drying out and heating up, it starts smelling the worst kind of like rotted flesh smell that you could smell. Scientists estimate that this bloom of sargassum that is off the coast of Florida now is over five thousand miles long and weighs about thirty one million tons.
Speaker 3: Keana, why did you put that story next to the Gwyneth Paltrow genital story?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a So let's let's go from a quick number five to a quick number four minute. Oh my god, Yeah, remember sargassum?
Speaker 1: No, yes, no, all right.
Speaker 3: So there's this Australian punk band. It's called Private Function. They released a special edition at their latest record, which they say smells like Gwyneth Paltrow's Alga sarcasm.
Speaker 1: The band announced The band announced that they were pressing.
Speaker 2: This vinyl on Instagram. One of the members of the band is actually.
Speaker 1: Holding the.
Speaker 2: Sorry is holding the album that they pressed in pink wax, and she wrote. Lauren Hester wrote, I want you to cast your mind back to the fabulous year of twenty twenty. There was one news story that completely dominated the headlines. Gwyneth Paltrow had released a candle that smelled like.
Speaker 5: We don't need to have everyone's there.
Speaker 2: This was potentially the greatest thing anyone had ever done.
Speaker 3: She said, first of all twenty twenty. That was not the major headline. But okay, those candles sell for seven hundred dollars each.
Speaker 2: I never bought one, so I don't know. I don't know you The final ret three they all came in. Yeah, I got them at the discount store.
Speaker 1: Here's number three.
Speaker 5: Three shall be the number that count and the number on the counting shall be.
Speaker 6: Three fights in three outs, three security clearance level three, all three three.
Speaker 1: I got all three of you guys for the rest of your nat born live. After that three days, they both start stink.
Speaker 3: There was a paper published yesterday in the journal Communications Earth and Environment.
Speaker 5: Did you read yours? You've been busy.
Speaker 1: I am waiting for tomorrow morning.
Speaker 3: Actually sounds really nice out on the deck with Peter, you and your journal there. Anyway, in this journal you will find tomorrow they have found that the ammonia wafting off the droppings of penguins have contributed to the formation of clouds that are insulating Antarctica, keeping it cool during climate change. So it's the penguins poop that's saving Antarctica's frosty conditions.
Speaker 1: What is your poop?
Speaker 3: What'd your poop do today?
Speaker 2: Well, it knocked out the Bravery brewing bathroom for forty five minutes early this morning, So.
Speaker 5: That wasn't a question for you to answer.
Speaker 1: So I thought that was an actual question to number two. Here's number two.
Speaker 5: What's going on? You? Okay? That's cool?
Speaker 4: Like whatever?
Speaker 6: Whatever.
Speaker 2: Saint James Parish in Louisiana, they've had a lot of bad things going on in Louisiana Courding the Sheriff's office down at Saint James Parish. Deputies responded to an elementary school after one of the teachers dropped his cocaine in the hallway.
Speaker 5: Well, that sucks.
Speaker 3: You think your cocaine's going to be there at the end of the day and you're like, oh my god, where's my blow?
Speaker 2: Where's all the second graders are acting like second graders and freaking out on the scene. The complainant explained that a small plastic bag with a white powder inside was found in a hallway. They later tested it and it did test positive for the presence of cocaine.
Speaker 1: Lee Michael Grainier.
Speaker 2: The video showed that teacher mister Grainier dropping that same little start bags.
Speaker 3: To work in the schools, you know, it takes a very hard extra.
Speaker 2: And Keana be ashamed of yourself. Here is number one, weird number one, number one, number one?
Speaker 1: Then number one? Are you the number one?
Speaker 5: Number one?
Speaker 2: Number one?
Speaker 3: I'm a little confused because the headline reads, you've heard of winter Penis, Now prepare to learn about the summer side effects.
Speaker 5: I had not heard of winter Penis. Had you heard of winter Penis?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: Do you know what that is?
Speaker 1: I know exactly what it is.
Speaker 5: What does it mean?
Speaker 1: Well, for the fifty percent of the.
Speaker 2: People in the room, they know you got good days and bad days, right, what does that mean? So for the women in the room, you got good hair days and good bad hair days.
Speaker 1: Right right, So for the dudes in the room, you got good day Wait, bad days? Wait? Tell me more.
Speaker 2: The whole thing is the temperature outside can dictate.
Speaker 1: And I use that word intentionally.
Speaker 2: How see people like it when you're talking, how you present?
Speaker 1: Okay, so summer tends to be warmer? Okay, right, okay, more blood flow? Got it? Got it right?
Speaker 2: And so the idea that summer penis is a bad thing is not necessarily it's the winter penis.
Speaker 1: That's a little bit. It tends to be more shy.
Speaker 3: So I see, yeah, I see, I see.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's it. That's all I'm going to say.
Speaker 3: So why are doctors issuing warnings over this? It sounds like summer penis is a good thing.
Speaker 2: It's not a bad thing. I don't know if it's a good thing. I'll say it's not a bad thing. It's more about don't be concerned if if wait.
Speaker 3: So it says doctors claim that some men may experience shrinkage of up to fifty percent when exposed to air temperatures below sixty degrees.
Speaker 1: That's what I said, I'm not even a doctor, and I know that.
Speaker 5: Sixty degrees is nothing like that's not even that cold.
Speaker 1: It's a good thing.
Speaker 2: It's eighty five here in Lancas. The're right, fellas, Yeah right.
Speaker 5: That summer penis all right and we're done.
Speaker 1: Yep, just like that.
Speaker 2: Hey, we want to thank first of all everybody here.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys for coming out. Hey, Benny, what's going on? Hi, Benny.
Speaker 2: We want to thank Chris Chris from al To Dina, thanks for coming up and talking. Greg and Elena and Jose Patrick, Henry back there, the best name in the house today, Bart and Sandra, Brian Kara, everybody here at Bravery Brewing for.
Speaker 1: Coming on out and helping us.
Speaker 2: Chris and Julie and our promotions guys were helping us out today.
Speaker 3: It was Jake's first time. Let's not forget about thank you wherever Jake went on. Paige, first time she's left her house in a while.
Speaker 5: She's she's battling some health issues.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're with you there, Page Dana and Tom our security guys for you guys keeping the crowds at bay.
Speaker 1: We appreciate that.
Speaker 3: All I think it was Angela, Was it your first time you you yeah, yeah, all right, another first time.
Speaker 1: Bordop Elmer back in Burbank.
Speaker 2: Producer Keana Hu thank you as well, and again thank you to everybody who came out today. If you're here, stick around. We got one more segment. That's just the gas weekend fixed for you in the building.
Speaker 5: You know what helps with blood volume in there. Never mind, we're done with that.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 5: I kept a reading.
Speaker 1: John Cobalt show us up next. Thank you all for coming. We'll see on Monday. Stay dry, everybody say the things.
Speaker 5: Blessings,