Speaker 1: It's nice eyes.
Speaker 2: I'm Boston NewsRadio.
Speaker 3: There was an old fashioned pictures duel tonight in Tampa Bay and the Red Sox were edge sixteen to one. So another game tomorrow. That's it's still early, folks, they're still in it. Trust me on that. Now. For my friend Mark and Maryland, if he's listening, and for any of you who are listening, I find the easiest way to listen to Nightside is to simply go to WBZ NewsRadio ten thirty. Uh. It's WBZ NewsRadio dot iHeart dot com. That's the website, Wbznewsradio dot iHeart dot com. And when you come up on the front page. On the page you'll see a blue stripe which has WBZ NewsRadio ten thirty. There's a little button that's read that says live. You can click on that that gets you live immediately. Or just to the right of that, there's a blue button like a circle with a white triangle. You click on the triangle and you're listening and you click So that's it's as simple as that. Mark, if you're down there, just on your computer Wbznewsradio dot iHeart dot com. If I can do it, Rob will tell you I do not have. I'm not the most skilled computer person. I think Rob would agree with that. And uh, and we walked through it during the news. Rob and I walked through it. And that's it Wbznewsradio dot iHeart dot com what we're talking about here. And by the way, uh, six one seven, two five four ten thirty is full. Uh, But I have two lines for you at six one seven, nine three one ten thirty talking about the amount of violence that we have seen in this country in the last few weeks. You can go back to Luigi Mangioni, who shoots the insurance executive in the back. By the way, big brave guy he was in New York, kills him down on the street in December fourth. You can go back last summer to the assassination attempt on then candidate Donald Trump in Butler, Pennsylvania. We still don't know much about this guy. I don't understand that. I really don't understand why we don't know everything about this kid. I have trouble recalling his name. Why don't we know that? I remember I know Lee Harvey Oswald's name. I know James Elray's name, who shot doctor King. I know Sirhan Bashawra Sihan's name who shot Bobby Kennedy. I don't want to go through another decade like that. I don't want to see our political leaders of any stripe stricken in the prime of their wives. And we're seeing Tesla automobile dealerships firebombed. We're seeing the home, the governor's home in Pennsylvania firebomb Sunday morning after a passover meal. A lot of anti Semitism, it sounds like in that guy. And then we had this other guy who joined some sort of paramilitary neo Nazi group who killed his parents in Washika Washaka, I think that's the way it's pronounced Wisconsin and let them He lived in the same house with him for two weeks. What a nut job. And they found him in the stolen car with fourteen thousand dollars. His goal was to somehow assassinate Donald Trump. We are going back into that cycle from the nineteen sixties. I just feel it in my bones. I hope those of you who went through it know what an appalling time it was in this country and we should never go through it again. But it is. After all, it's now over fifty years. When you think about it. President Kennedy was killed now two years ago in nineteen sixty three. Bobby Kennedy, what is it now, fifty five years or whatever? The number fifty seven years, Doctor King fifty six years or whatever. This Doctor King's assassination April fourth day, that I'll never forget, you know. Anyway, It's got to stop, and everybody of whatever political point of view you have, have to stand up and say, what happened to Governor Shapiro in Pennsylvania will not be tolerated. That guy needs to go away for the rest of his life. I'm sorry. Okay, fine, rest of your life. You do something that way, you're never getting out. And it has to be in Stone. Never getting out. This kid who killed both of his parents, his thirty five year old mother, he's seventeen, killed his thirty five year old mother and his fifty one year old stepfather, never getting out, never seeing the light of day. Simple is that? Okay, we got and you bomb a Tesla dealership thirty years or whatever the max is. You key someone's car twenty years, whatever the max is you want to do that intentionally, you're going to go away for twenty years. That's the only way We're going to get it under control. And I don't care what ideology you have. Let's go to the phones. Let me go to John and Pennsylvania. Welcome back, John, How.
Speaker 1: Are you all right?
Speaker 4: Well, thank you for taking my call. You wil you did have a previous caller. I won't mention the name. It was entirely inappropriate and I think borderline seem to attempt to get a chuckle out of the assassination attempt that happened not terribly far from where I am, about an hour away.
Speaker 5: Okay, you would agree that.
Speaker 4: You know, that's sort of mocking of violence, political violence.
Speaker 3: I called. I called them on it, absolutely, And I know that you're not a fan of Donald Trump, and I commend you and appreciate the fact that you would mentioned mention that. Yeah, I'm interested, are you at all? I let me ask you, Are you as curious as I am to know more about this kid?
Speaker 4: Else gleaned? But yeah, I think there needs to be more revealed. But moving on, I do want to ask, so you are that's disgusting, right? That was discussed and comment So when the now current residents of the White House as a candidate got a little chuckle and and got the crowd, uh, you know, giggling with with references to Paul Pelosi's the attacked on Paul Pelosi where he was held capped at his wife's and his skull was split with a hammer.
Speaker 3: Yet split, I think it's I think he had a fractured skull, absolutely.
Speaker 4: Inappropriate, right and pardoning. Uh, men who are men and women who not only assaulted police officers but actually maimed them like one.
Speaker 3: And I've already addressed that tonight. You heard me.
Speaker 4: I believe it, which which is why, given, given, given, you know that. I'm just stunned that earlier in the conversation you made a reference to Trump being president somehow being a positive during this this time when when uh, the temperature of the political temperature is running so hot.
Speaker 3: Well, the temperatures, the temperature is running hot. You're correct on that. Okay, you're correct on that. However, I'm not willing to put at his feet what happened to Governors Shapiro in Pennsylvan.
Speaker 4: Not either would Why would be Why would it be a positive to have a man with his rhetoric and his approach?
Speaker 3: Who do you want? Who do you want? Joe Biden.
Speaker 4: I would have preferred Kamala Harris.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nearly, John, John, John, You're not alone on that. So wouldn't have half of the American public. Nearly half the American public would have preferred her. Okay, I would.
Speaker 4: Prefer Nicky Haley. I would have preferred uh Rohnda Santas even and Uh. Given in point of fact that even though I think you know UH had a lot of UH.
Speaker 3: What if you prefer.
Speaker 4: Jack Vance is the political new fight he was in office a hot minute. I would prefer.
Speaker 3: John Kennedy, would I think at least Eve wasn't John Kennedy when he was elected president at the age So wasn't John Kennedy when he was elected at the age of forty three? AOC is a political new neophight, you know, if someone's been elected senator in a state the size of Ohio, I just simply asked.
Speaker 5: The question, he meets the prerequisites.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'd rather have JD. Vance because I think he would be far more rational. I don't think he would have done anything as foolish and impetuous as announcing those ridiculous tariffs that were they were not reciprocal terrorifts by the way he based them on this goofball formula that simply took into account a trade define.
Speaker 3: Johnny, I know you don't have to convince me how much you disdained Trump. I know that. Okay, I know that, and I accept that. I think that I am concerned about the tariffs, really honest with you. But I also know that there's a lot of countries around the world that have taken advantage of you. And I say, we rebuilt Europe with the Marshall Plan, and I think it's time for Europe maybe to stand on its own. I think an argument can be made. I think it could be made more articulately than Trump's making it.
Speaker 4: But you know, with more sense. Actually, you could have done negotiations with China and certain other nations without completely, you know, roiling the markets and possibly prominently causing a damage to the US bond market. But by the way I think.
Speaker 3: The market, I think the market, I think the market will survive, John, Okay, I mean you know, I.
Speaker 5: I my experience market.
Speaker 4: Well, we won't go into that. It's too complex a topic. But on one last thing, because I know I've taken up your time AOC, why is it that somehow the fact that, by the way, she's still the left of me. I don't agree with her positions. I don't agree with Bernie's position.
Speaker 3: I didn't think anybody was still left you. I'm sorry, I'm making a joke, John, but I didn't think anybody was still less of you. Go ahead.
Speaker 4: But why is the fact that she worked as a bartender in her early twenties after, by the way, she graduated from Boston College with honors Boston bost Okay, Okay.
Speaker 3: Rey's and I'm a little sensitive that is that's my law school, John, I'm sorry, I don't mean to correct you.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, Okay.
Speaker 4: She graduated with honors, apparently double major public policy and economics. She worked as a bartender immediately after because her her mother was having trouble paying bills. Why is that some I were constantly told that that liberal elite disdained working people. Every time her name comes up, it's it's the term bartender is attached to her as if it's a mark of shade.
Speaker 3: I believe, if I believe that when she was running for Congress against John Murphy, the twenty year rowd, the twenty year incumbent, that she defeated. She was working as a bartender. I did not know if any other employment that she.
Speaker 4: Hadn't employment, But at the time, what was her Let.
Speaker 3: Me ask you, what was your well, help me out edify me, John, what was her full time employment after when she was running against Murphy?
Speaker 4: When she was running against Murphy, she was working in the bartender immediately prior.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's only said. That's all I said, John, It's all I said. You know, it wasn't to the best of my knowledge, it wasn't as if she had gotten a doctor. I took a shot at her because I think she's as bad. She's as bad for your party as a lot of the right wing wackos are for the Republicans. And if you want to defend her, you can always defend her on this program. You know that. And if you think that was a cheap show.
Speaker 4: Up, I'm just saying that. Every time on someone on the right rings are up, they always mention her. You know, they always dismissed her as a former bartender. And by the way, even if she'd never gone to call what why is it that when we're always told that that liberals disdain the working class by the way. I I once worked in a warehouse. What what does that matter?
Speaker 6: Why?
Speaker 4: Why is not a mark a shave?
Speaker 3: I didn't characterize it. I don't characterize it as a market.
Speaker 4: Particularly you, but that always comes up in right.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I think he made you points you and I will disagree with it. You're welcome to her, okay. And guess what if she takes Schumer out, good luck to her. As a matter of fact, if she runs against Schumer, I might send her a campaign contribution. How's that.
Speaker 4: I might as well, only for the fact that I think that it's long past time for Chuck Schumer to go. He's antiquated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well he's not as old as mitual call Mitch mccondell needs to go too, John, I got a run. We've done nine minutes and four seconds. You're the longest call of the night as always, and I appreciate your loyalty. Thank you. We will take a quick break, I promise, and we'll be right back with more callers. I got one line at six one, seven, two, five, four to ten thirty. I love John's calls, and I have one line at six six seven, nine three one ten thirty. We're talking let's get back to violence in America and how are we going to get our arms around it and stop it? If not, it's going to consume all of us.
Speaker 2: It's Night Side with Dan rayy Hey Dan by BS Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 7: Southshor Retirement Services All Hands Analysis Team believes you shouldn't have to focus on worrying about money and retirement, so they work with you to create and maintain comprehensive financial plans and design strategies to address income, wealth management, taxes, healthcare, legacy planning, and more. Founder and financial advisor Mark Rolette. Our approach sets us apart. We dive deep to uncover financial opportunities. The tailor a plan to help you reach your unique retirement goals. Here's financial advisor Damon Litanzi.
Speaker 3: Retirement may be unpredictable, what our responses shouldn't be.
Speaker 5: We face the challenges of retirement planning head on, so we can turn challenges into opportunities.
Speaker 7: Chart your course toward retirement success today. Contact the All Hands Analysis Team for a complimentary introductory call or meeting calls seven eight one seven two five five five five seven seven eight one seven two five five five five seven or visit retiresouth shore dot com.
Speaker 3: From offers insurance services, investment advisory products and services made available through AE Wealth Management LLC, a registered investment advisor.
Speaker 8: You know, most kids love to play America's favorite pastime, baseball, but not everyone can afford the equipment. So in partnership with the Red Sox Foundation, we want you to look in your garage, in your basement, in your attic, anywhere for that light, new, clean, baseball and softball equipment and drop it off at any Jordans for aur Nurture store. And this season there'll be some happy kids running around the bases.
Speaker 3: Because of you.
Speaker 2: Night Side with Dan Ray on Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 3: So let's keep rolling. I got Glenn and Bright. Hey Glenn, welcome back.
Speaker 1: How are you pretty good? I love this topic. I was killing or a book to a house divided against itself? Cannot stand. This reminds me of nineteen no eighteen sixty. I wasn't around then, but I just hope you know what I mean. We are pre civil work. We're really at a point where everybody's about the SAP and it scares me too, both sides equally. I mean, I'm a trumper yep. But I don't call people on the other side fools, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well there was something. There was some young young guy walking down the streets in Boston the other day. He had a Trump hat on that he was attacked, you know, for wearing a Trump hat. At the same time, at the same time, there was an interesting I don't know if you had a chance to have anyone show you yesterday's Globe magazine, but there's an interesting piece by Adelaide Parker. She's a junior at Harvard, she's a Globe correspondent, and she wrote a piece. It was the cover story of the Globe magazine, the Return of the College Republican, which is interesting that at Harvard, all of a sudden it's okay to be a Republican again. Which is good. That it should be okay to be a Democrat. It should be okay to be an independent.
Speaker 1: A p tradish of ideas. That's what I say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that should be okay to be anything. And the problem is that the intolerance is just over the top. And if there are people who were demonstrating, which is fine, the woman that was picked up at Tufts, I thought that was inappropriate. I have no idea what she's charged with. It seems to me that if they're going to pick people up off the street tell them that visa has been stopped or discontinued or invalidated or whatever phrase they use, that there needs to be some explanation to us, Well, what did this woman do? She wrote an op ed piece for the local for the college newspaper that that's not something that you know that should cause her visa to be to be terminated. But we're still trying to figure that one out, and that's where the Trump administration messes up.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Also, I hope, and I'm not trying to coase from I hope Dot comes on the twenty seventh of April. I want to sit next to her.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know. On the twenty seventh of April. For those of those who do not know what Glenn and I are talking about, as we're doing a night side brunch on April twenty seventh, two seatings at eleven and a twelve thirty. We've got tremendous response for this at the Niroli restaurant in Westwood. It's a great restaurant. N E R O l I restaurant in Westwood, Massachusetts, easy to get to right off of one twenty eight. You got a call there and make our reservation. We will have the Winnaker Band for entertainment. Uh Cydy Gail will be there to sing Neil Green on piano, Bill and bowl Winnaker. We're gonna have a great day. We're gonna have a great day. And yeah, you probably I know that you're big fans of the Winnakers. So we'll we'll see glad. We'll be there and a lot of folks will be there. And if you'd like any more information, please give me a call at six month. Rob will give you the number six month seven seven eight seven seven O three three and I'll explain it to you. We'll see you there.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm the Winnerker's favorite Trump supporter. They don't like Trump, but they like me.
Speaker 3: That's okay. It doesn't matter. Everybody loves their music. That's what's most important.
Speaker 1: I know music is a universal language.
Speaker 3: Absolutely couldn't agree with you or on that one, Glenn, that's for sure. Look, thanks as always. I look forward to seeing you in the twenty seventh. Uh did you get that phone you left me a voicemail the other day. I tried to call you back without success. Did you get that phone number? I know now if the line was full. Are you talking to you?
Speaker 1: No, I didn't know.
Speaker 3: You'll get to him. I'll mention it to him when I talked to him. Okay, all right, all right, thanks? Thanks Len, have a good mine.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: Let me go to Joe and Lynn. Joe, you're next to Night Sager.
Speaker 1: Right ahead, Joe, Hey, Dan, thank you. I have a cold.
Speaker 9: I wish I could come on at twenty seventh, but I have a cold. I'm glad I'm following Lynn. I have mixed feelings about Trump.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 9: I mean, he is good, but after reading books about him, I think he's kind of a selfish man. I read his sisters and I sent you something. I don't know whether you got it. For people that are attacked, there is a new device out they can protect themselves without hurting people. Did you ever get that email? Like you said you'd be interested.
Speaker 3: I like you don't recall seeing it. But but if you want to send it to me again, I will mark. I will make sure that I read it in its entirety. I may have with you, but I'm getting like five hundred emails a day, Joe, and a lot of them. I'm going through them real quickly because it's taking more and more time and money. Of the many of the emails that I'm getting have no relation to the show. There was a point in time when I was able to answer every email. It's gotten beyond that at this point. So send it to me again.
Speaker 9: Okay, Okay, it's about to burn a device. People can protect themselves and not kill the other person.
Speaker 3: I think I remembered, but it would be it would be easier for me if you could absolute favor and said it again. That'd be great.
Speaker 9: And I I am I have. I've lost confidence in Trump because of Pam Bondi and all this other I think jd Vance he would be a better precedent in my opinion. And Trump he's classy, he's first rate. He you know, he's just a different personality. I mean, has good points. And Glenn and I.
Speaker 3: Talk Vince's personality is quite different. His educational background is different. Going to Ohio State, you know, as an undergraduate, and then you have law schools. It's pretty good law school.
Speaker 9: So you know, well, Glenna and I talk about this all the time. And some things I agree with Trump that some I don't. But I'm a lot of things I'm disappointed.
Speaker 3: And you've got to continually evaluate any president, and you also have to continue continually evaluate what the other side would offer in comparison. It's as simple as that. Yeah. Sometimes sometimes when it comes down to time to vote, you vote for the would you proceed to be the lesser of two evils. Sometimes you vote for a person because you think that he or she is the best person for the job. I think the Democrats totally messed up in twenty twenty four. No need to go into all that. You know it as well as I do, and I still don't think that they have got their act together.
Speaker 1: They are, I agree, and.
Speaker 3: They're without a run in years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, years ago.
Speaker 9: I remember them when they started these programs, you know, for the disabled and other things, and they were good. But I used to be a Democrat. I'm an independent now, Like like I've.
Speaker 3: Said before, I mean, I've been an independent and I'll die in dieing independent because I think.
Speaker 9: I'm still for isolation. I'm still for a little bit of isolation. Like my friend there Lena is yep, because there's too much this country's doing all right, thanks man.
Speaker 3: Throwing out Joe, appreciate you call, Thank you much. Here comes the news at the bottom of the hour one line at six one seven, two, five four to ten thirty one and six one seven nine three one ten thirty. If I'm repeating that number too quickly, you got to tell me six one seven, two, five four, ten thirty or six one seven nine three one, ten thirty and ten thirty is one zero three zero. Back go nightside.
Speaker 2: After this, it's night Side Boston's news radio.
Speaker 3: It's back we go. Let me go to Charlie and Saugus. Charlie, appreciate your patience, growing ahead, Charlie, Yes, how you again?
Speaker 5: UH have a good program to right. What comes to mind for me is the Bible saying, UH as your so social, you reap And it's, like I said, a good image in my mind, because you have the image of planning these seeds and eventually grows into a plant. And you know, by the same token, if we plant seeds of intolerance and hatred eventually grows into violence. Actually and the opposite, you know, if we sell seeds of uh compassion and tolerance, it actually glows into harmony.
Speaker 1: Peace.
Speaker 5: That's the way.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I agree, and Bob Bobby Kennedy. You know, Bobby Kennedy said violence begets violence, and I think that he was right. And I think that we might be seeing a run up here too. I mean, theoretically, you've got now a third plot that we know of to assassinate the president. We know nothing about this kid that took a pot shot and came within inches of killing Donald Trump. I don't understand why that is not out there. We still don't know if you know the Kennedy assassination. It's like we're left in the dark on all of this stuff. We were we should be able to handle this.
Speaker 5: Sounds like not everything has come out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: Think everything's kying. I mean, if they if there was something that come out and said, look, officially, the war and Commission were reviewed it and it's accurate. There's been too much information and too much obfuscation. You know, President Trump ordered that all the files be released. I don't think all the files were released. There was some files that were held back. Why would files be held back if the president said all files should be released. I don't get it. Maybe someone can explain to me what the English language means. Yes, I'm confused.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's confusing.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you, can you remember Can you remember the name of the kid who took the shot at President Trump and came within a few inches of killing him?
Speaker 5: Know I was the honest I don't know.
Speaker 3: I can't either. I mean, I could look it up on my computer right now, but I want to know everything there is to know about this kid. What did he do? Did he get up? Is this a normal kid who instead of going bowling on Saturday that Saturday afternoon, decided to go take a shot at the president. I don't think so. I don't think it works that way.
Speaker 5: No. I think it builds up in time in people's minds that you know, it's like a plant that they wore and you know, sees and this sort of thing takes time for it to manifest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, you know. And I just think that we as Americans were so concerned about the latest Bachelorette. The kid's name is Thomas Matthew Crooks, and that's it, that's all we got here. Crooks shot at Trump with an AR fifteen style with from a nearby rooftop that was it early life. In education, he attended a high school classmates quite of as being quiet. You know, that's it. There's nothing here, there's nothing. There's nothing in this that I that I've learned. I'm looking at it real quickly. We need to we need to know what caused this, what caused this kid to do something that insane?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that would help in that case, but you know, and society is all.
Speaker 3: You bet you, Charlie. I appreciate your call as always, thanks so much for joining our conversation. I really do you to thank you, my friend. Let's go next to Paul and Plmot. Paul, you were next on Nightside.
Speaker 5: Welcome, Hi Dan.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: You know, I think a lot of this has to do with with uh history. You know what, the kids aren't learning history anymore. You know, we remember fifty years ago the bi centennial. It was a big thing. It was a big national event. And now you don't even where at the two hundred and fiftieth UH anniversary and you don't hear anything. I mean, it's just crazy. One important event that took place one hundred and thirteen years ago as we speak, the Titanic was going down. So anyways, I just thought i'd well, no.
Speaker 3: That that's you know, we we everybody knows the story of the Titanic. Everybody knows Britney Spears' last aristour. Every you know, a lot of people are watching the Uh you know a Taylor Swift. What did I say? I'm sorry, Britney Spears. Yeah, I have a tough time distinguition between Britney Spears and Taylor Swift. I think they're the same. I've never seen them in the same room together. Taylor Swift. Okay, the Swifties, How could I forget that? But you know, they know all the words to all the songs. But they couldn't name the two US senators where they live. But they know all the words to all the songs. You got it?
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, yes, you're right. And uh, I think it. I think we have to get start teaching kids history in school again. And you know, they're getting their history from the internet.
Speaker 6: And it's all along. I listen to the music.
Speaker 5: They're listening to it, I mean, it's it's you know, it's just horrible. So anyways, well, well I.
Speaker 3: Just watched the on on the weekend, I watched a little bit of television. Uh, and there's a I watched sixty minutes, but then coming up on you tonight on sixty minutes, all they all they show is violence. I mean that's when it comes down to, you know, cops shooting people, people shooting at cops and all of that. And uh, you know, I don't know. I thought we were going to try to like take kind of tone the violence down a little bit on TV, but it's it's there. And what the stuff is. What the stuff that kids are seeing on computers is like over the moon. I mean, you know the video games, you know, kill five people, kill five people. That's all you know. They think it's real. They think it's real. There was a thing today and there was a shooting today in Salem, Massachusetts. They're about to celebrate have a big you know, two and fiftieth in earlier than that, there there older than Boston as a city. Yeah, three hundredth and thank you, thank you for having me out with that. And there were the three kids at seven o'clock this morning with firing guns willy nilly on the streets of Salem. I don't know. We'll try to do something with that tomorrow night maybe, and uh and and get get that going for it. You know what, who are these kids that are out? They're just shooting, shooting guns heaving. You know, it's like no big deal, just the three of them. They they dozens of rounds.
Speaker 5: That's horrible.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: No no discipline in this generation, I guess.
Speaker 3: And by the way, I just want to play. This is John, This is Governor Shapiro, uh last night talk well over the weekend, talking about the attempted murder charge that this goofball is facing. Rub I should have given you heads up on this. Can you go to cut twenty seven A because he encapsulates what I believe here It is cut twenty seven A rob.
Speaker 8: This kind of violence is becoming far too common in our society, and I don't give a damn if it's coming from one.
Speaker 3: Particular side or the other. Directed it one particular party or another, or one particular person or another.
Speaker 2: It is not okay.
Speaker 3: And it has to stop. Good for you, Governor Paul. Appreciate your call as always, Thanks so much for listening, Thanks so much for calling.
Speaker 5: Okay, good night, Dan, thank you, thank you much.
Speaker 3: Paul. Take quick break, coming back on night's side. We'll get everybody in. Please stay there, everyone coming back on Nightside.
Speaker 2: It's night Side on w B Boston's news radio.
Speaker 3: We are going to try to get everyone in. I think we can do it. Get David san Antonio, Dave next on nights.
Speaker 5: I go ahead, Yeah, Dan, I stir to say this.
Speaker 6: There's three and eighty two million dollars in fraud that was discovered by the.
Speaker 2: Those boys of Elon Musk, and.
Speaker 6: That unemployment conversation fraud is occupied in three states, California, New York, and Massachusetts. And those folks in Massachusetts want to criticize mister Trump.
Speaker 3: Dave, do me a favor, give to Rob the source of that information. If you read that in the wherever you read it, give that to Rob. And I'd like to look at that. So if you if you have it, and you could send it to me, Rob will give you my email address.
Speaker 6: I'll have to I'll have to dig that up, but I'll get it to you.
Speaker 3: Well, I assume you saw it in the last cup. I assume you saw it recently.
Speaker 5: Yes, I did see it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're not digging up like a high school turn paper report and just all wrong.
Speaker 6: Back the I have to look up the news clip that I saw.
Speaker 1: From and for you.
Speaker 3: I'd like to see it. I'd like to see it.
Speaker 6: I also have this. I'll also have this to say. This got criticized of mister Trump. I was, I was, I was. I'm an engineer, and I was at a foot in the door job at General Motors Dynamics, while mister Trump at the same age I am at twenty nine and we were bout twenty nine at that time. He was lecturing people my age and your age engineers with all that experience, on how they developed that New York Convention Center, and they followed him. They followed an almost word word what he wanted done.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's interesting, that's interesting.
Speaker 6: It doesn't it.
Speaker 3: Doesn't New York.
Speaker 6: That mayor New York said he wanted to take over supervision. And I've got almighty course New York billions more because that Democrat took over the supervision.
Speaker 3: Which mayor was that, oh it.
Speaker 6: Was one Donald was twenty nine, that mayor.
Speaker 3: I forgive you no idea, the new idea, maybe John Lindsay. Okay, Dave, I thank you. I got a full lines a bunch of other folks who talk soon, Thanks very much, get that information to me. Dave. I appreciate it. Laurie is in Idaho, Laurie, how are you welcome back?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Thank you? You were a singing my song tonight there?
Speaker 3: Man, which song was that? Violence?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well yeah, all this crazy stuff is going on, and I you know, I don't even know how to stop it. But you know, we had four years of nobody, you know what dysfunction, disunity, disrespect and that people. I mean, we didn't even know who was running the country. We still really don't, but we can guess. And so I mean, what honor does anybody have for anything these days? And the kids these days don't have it anyway, So it's it's ridiculous.
Speaker 10: It has to stop.
Speaker 5: I'm not quite sure how we stop it other than re educating people, but it needs to be talked about. I mean, for instance, the mayor of Shapiro man, our governor Shapiro. I mean, I thought he had a great statement tonight and it needs to be resounded.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well absolutely, And again you know you can't sit back and say, well, I disagree with him politically. So the fact that the guy is insane, I mean, it's insane if if people do not denounce violence against whomever it is against you pick whatever politician I disagree with the most. I don't want to see that politician be hurt under any circumstances, period. And I would hope everybody could feel that way, because if you don't, then you're that then you're part of the problem. If you don't think of it that way. So we had you know, it's too much, too much of this, yeah, and speak out. So I'm pleased with all the people who called tonight. There are a lot of people out there who didn't call tonight.
Speaker 1: So you know, give me.
Speaker 5: Nice for getting in. You think they're like, oh, lines are opening, call and then they're not open anymore.
Speaker 3: But yeah, no, I know they can close quickly. Laurie, love your calls. I'll see you on post game. I'll be there in a few minutes.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, good night, Thanks.
Speaker 3: Lord, Thanks to you soon. Thank you for calling. Doreen and Chelsea. Dorian, you're next on Nightside, go right ahead.
Speaker 5: How are you doing, Dan, I'm doing quite ridiculous. I don't Shapiro was right.
Speaker 1: Mister Shapiro was right.
Speaker 3: Governor.
Speaker 6: Governors, they have capital punishment in the state of Massachusetts.
Speaker 5: Since stay legalize their pot.
Speaker 6: Those jelly beans.
Speaker 10: Watch what's gonna happen.
Speaker 9: It's gonna get worse.
Speaker 6: It's not gonna get any better.
Speaker 3: I hope not. I hope not.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, don't say that, Dan, it's not no.
Speaker 6: Your words are not. No.
Speaker 5: No, they got that that.
Speaker 6: Russian guy who killed those people, you know, the marathon, he's still sitting in jail.
Speaker 5: Why don't they get rid of them?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean he's been he's been there on the taxpayer dive.
Speaker 5: Now were to stay alive in jail, Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's gonna he's gonna be. The marathon bombing is now twelve years ago.
Speaker 5: So I know this is the anniversary in April.
Speaker 3: Exactly exactly, so twelve years and and we've been we've been, uh, giving that guy shelter, and he should have been he should have been done away with a long time ago.
Speaker 6: And agree the state of Massachusetts has to put the capital punishment on the agenda.
Speaker 3: Well you got Well, he's eligible for federal death penalty, and I want, I hope that that Trump and the Attorney General moves that case along as quickly as we can and give him the justice that he so richly deserves.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 3: I no question about this, no scintilla of doubt about his guilt, and there's aggravating circumstances what he did. So on this one, Dorian, you and I are joined at the hip. Thank you so much. I got to get one more in.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you, good night.
Speaker 3: Thanks Dory. Okay, how are we doing on time here? Rob? What do we have for Jeff? Okay, Jeff, you were next on Nightside. Go right ahead, Jeff, got time for you, Go right ahead.
Speaker 10: Okay, I'll do one real quick. The call of that talked about the unemployment product. Go to doge dot gov. They list everything out. They're actually going to go a step further to basically say we saw this. We contacted the person that the that signed off on this, asked them what it was. We went to the people that got it, asked it what it was. But right now that unemployment they've listed it. And the other thing is all the stuff we lost is a state. Only one of them had a description of what the funding was for. Everything else was just rubber stamped in. So check out doge dot gov. And I I got on Twitter and so on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have been on the web. I have been on that website. I wish that a lot of the major newspapers and including the Globe and the New York Times and the Washington Post would go there and uh, if there's stuff that that is good, uh, and it's it's it's fraud and waste and abuse that that's been rooted out. Why doesn't the Globe, Why isn't the Times, Why doesn't the Post? I don't see those stories with any frequency. I don't see any stories. I do see that that one guy gets sent to, uh, you know, to down to El Salvador, and there's some question about whether he should have been sent. That has become a cause celebu But when we're talking about billions or trillions of dollars and wasted spending that could have gone to Americans to deserve it, that's I got a problem with that. I want I'd like to see a little bit more balance on the news pages of the Boston Globe, the New York Times, and the Washington Post. I mean, you're criticized Trump when he screws up, give him credit when he does something correct, and sounds to me like you think they're doing a good job at DOAJ appreciate your calling, Jeff. It was very helpful. Thank you.
Speaker 10: Can I ask one more thing?
Speaker 3: I got thirty seconds, How quickly can you do it?
Speaker 10: The violence, everything else what RFK is looking at with the autism spike. The problem is we've assaulted all these kids generating.
Speaker 3: Okay, save that for another night. I don't have the time, Jeff, I don't have the time. Amount of time, okay, I thank you. We'll save that for another night. Done for now, I will be on Facebook Nights Out with Dan Ray very quickly. Have a great Tuesday, everyone, Rob and Maurita, thanks very much. All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's where my pal Charlie Ray is, who passed fifteen years ago in February. That's where all your pets are who passed. They loved you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. See gain in the morning and night's out everyone. Thank you all for calling.