Speaker 1: This is Doctor Wendy Walsh and you're listening to kf I Am six forty, the Doctor Wendy Walls Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app kf I Am six forty. You have Doctor Wendy Walsh with you. This is the Dr Wendy Walls Show. Heather, were you dancing to that song? I saw Heather Brooker shimmy wake into that song.
Speaker 2: That was my That was my stand up and stretch and.
Speaker 1: Like work it out a little bit seventh inning stretch. Yes, there, Roll. You're a Dodger fan or Yankee fan.
Speaker 2: No, I'm a Padre fan.
Speaker 1: So I want the Yankees to lose because I watched them sweep us in nineteen ninety. Oh, so it's retribution for you. Yes, Hey, what about you because you're New Jersey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't carry the way about baseball. Oh I know.
Speaker 4: I just know that when the Dodgers, when people are doing fireworks and doing doughnuts in the middle of the road and traffic gets crazy.
Speaker 3: So I just like to stay in the house door in this sea.
Speaker 1: Let me let me tell you what happens to your husband when his favorite team loses. What happens, Oh, my gosh, I didn't even know this, So I didn't know male identity and mood is reels laughing are so closely correlated with their team, right, I mean, it's a bunch of shirts and they even change the guys all the time. This is a shirt you're cheering for. And so when the Yankees lost the first night, literally there was a I don't know what it's called where all the men are on the bases and then someone hits a ball really far away and then run home. Right, yeah, but there's like three of them. The bases are there, we go and.
Speaker 3: It's a walk off because they won.
Speaker 1: So it's a walk off Grand Slam home run.
Speaker 3: No idea what that.
Speaker 1: Meant, but anyway that that thing was happening, he didn't even wait until all the men walked around home. He just turned off the TV. He went straight to the bathroom started a hot shower, like like he was on the team in the team showers or something. And I hear this hot shower going forever, and I'm like, I don't even think he wants to talk to me, So I will just turn on comedy and I turned on Hassamanaj's new Oh it's so good his cos I think it is okay. He says, everybody says his name wrong, so I'll just join the chorus. But it's Hassan Manajh, not Hassan, Oh, Hassan Hassan. I think so. I don't know. He's trying to correct all the white people to say his name right. He has the greatest little bit about Basis Dan. He said, beasist Dan, or everybody that's not black American, not white American they're from. And then you enlist, like you know, twelve countries. And he says, we only want one of four. He goes, we want four things from our politicians. Number one a green card. Number two, we want our politicians to follow some religion, hopefully the one that makes you feel guilty after you masturbate. And then the third one I cannot remember what he said. And then the fourth one is and we want you not to bomb our home country. However, says his son, if you give us number one, we might let you do number four. It is so hysterical. I think he's brilliant. Okay, I'm doctor Wendy Walsh. Welcome to my show. We have been digressing here. I want to talk about a few things today. I want to talk a little bit about mental health. I want to talk about this trend, not trend, this thing that's happening in our culture very commonly, which is that many adults are being diagnosed with ADHD for the first time in their lives and they're trying to figure out what that is. And sometimes it's a great like ah, that explains everything. And I also want to talk to you about workplace and workplace mental health. Right, so sometimes you might have a colleague who's having a mental health crisis. How should you behave? What should do? We're going to talk about it, but first in the news, So what is it that every celebrity around is having sex parties and importing young people.
Speaker 2: Let's go to.
Speaker 1: Puff Diddy, p Diddy, Puffy Sean Puffy Combs. First, he actually won something in court. He's in jail, you know, awaiting trial.
Speaker 3: He had.
Speaker 1: Judge basically, I don't know the legal terms wrap the fingers of the federal investigators who have been leaking all this information about his quote unquote freak offs. So you know, we had too much information in the public domain about what's going on, and I think that's not fair somebody's waiting to stand trial. Although the information was terrifying to us, I still think so. Anyway, he won this little judgment against the detectives. To zip it. Okay, stop telling people. Let's have a nice, fair trial when it comes up. But secondly, the founders of a abicrome, I can't even say Abercrombie and Fitch. Did you ever see the documentary on Netflix about them?
Speaker 3: No, but I did hear about it as.
Speaker 1: Bad as the Victoria's Secret guys and so. But they were doing it to young men, young male models. They were importing them into islands and private places, and then they would lure them in with drugs and whatever and make them perform sex acts. And so they're all arrested too. So I hope everyone has learned. Okay, all the young men out there who are seeing the old men go to jail, just stop all the nonsense. Okay, Yet, full consent, don't involve drugs and alcohol, don't transport people across state lines to procure sex. That's apparently all illegal racketeering. Okay, So that's in the news. Now, let's talk about something else. So the other day, who was on Bill Maher Megan Kelly from Fox Right. I used to know her very lightly when I would appear on Fox News sometimes she would be in the green room, and so long ago that she was pregnant at the time, so her kids are much older now.
Speaker 5: But she.
Speaker 1: She's very articulate, very smart. Rallied away with Bill Maher about why she believes President Trump would be the best choice for this country. But part of her argument, and I wanted to both commend her for saying some things that are scientific and truthful but also correct of you little things, is she thinks one of the biggest issues beside immigration is dealing with trans kids in our culture. And I mean there's so many other there's the economy. There's all kinds of things right that are going on that I think, And I'm just a big believer that the government should just stay out of everybody's bodies in any way possible.
Speaker 3: Maybe just stay concerned with your own genitals except vaccines.
Speaker 1: And here's why, because you have to be collective. When there's a virus running around killing people everywhere, and the elderly, we all have to be on the same team. We have to just get rid of that virus. We all to join the team. But anyway, I want to just say carefully and with great and deep love, that there are many young people who are coming out as either trans or non binary, are gender fluid. It's estimated that about two percent of human beings are born intersex, meaning they have biological characteristics of two. Say, it is possible to be born with a penis and some ovaries tucked up in there you don't even know about, and then at puberty woohoo, bress, Right, what happens? It is possible to be born with a vagina evolva and undescended testes, and then that testosterone charges ahead at puberty. Right, So we have to respect the two percent of intersex people. But also there are another group of people who might be diagnosed with gender dysphoria. Gender dysphoria doesn't mean your trans. It means you have psychological distress. It's the distress it's diagnosable, not the gender identification. And so I want to say that you may be a parent, or you may have someone in your family who comes out as trans. What should you do? Please start with love. Just love them. It's a big deal for them to tell you. Thank them for trusting you. Listen, without judgment. This is not the time to say, now you're not a boy, you're not a girl. I know what you are. No, just listen, just listen, ask open ended questions. How long have you known so? What name or pronouns do you want me to use? How can I support you? I'd tell you a story when my youngest daughter was like three or something. She woke up one day and said, call me Ryan. My name is Ryan. And she went through her little wardrobe and she found only navy blue and brown and beige clothes. I don't know why they were there in a little girl's wardrobe, but there they were, and that's all she wore for two weeks. And we thought it was cute because she was a toddler. We called her Ryan, and then one day at the breakfast table, she said, I'm not Ryan anymore. Children experiment with gender. Gender is partly a cultural construct, I say it carefully, partly because there is a biological piece as well. It is not our job to tell anybody who they are or what they are. It is our job to educate ourselves about what gender means. It is our job to help and support people who are in distress about their gender monitor them, support their mental health, and it is important that we all stay flexible and open to change. What Megan Kelly said correctly on the show is that yes, there's a very small percentage of social contagion going on, and the solution may not be medical interventions. In fact, there are some gender doctors who say, you know, puberty may help provide the answer to the child, so blocking with puberty blockers might not be the thing to do. On the other hand, this is a decision for families and doctors and not politicians, and not to take this small group of humans and wave the flag as a big political item. I think it's important that we mostly have compassion, understanding and spend the time educating ourselves. Just want to say that, Okay, I love everybody, and I love I love diversity, gender diverse. Two. I notice as I'm being older and I'm my estrogen's going down, I like loafers more. Okay, I'm just saying I dress more man like. Does that mean I'm less of a woman. I don't know. I'm just saying, Kayla, you look so confused.
Speaker 3: We too out of nowhere. I did that first. Yeah, I wasn't expecting the outcome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a comfortable shoes one.
Speaker 3: You look great, Wendy.
Speaker 1: Okay, when we come back, there's new research on the flirting paradox. Did you know flirting can increase your mate value, but only under one condition. I'll explain when we get back. You're listening to the Doctor Wendy Walls Show and kf I Am six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Doctor Wendy Walsh on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Kf I Am six forty. You have Doctor Wendy Walsh with you. This is the Doctor Wendywall Show. Can we talk about flirting? So this morning I was lying in bed with my new husband, Julio, and I happened to take his hand and lace it into mine and I said, oh, it's good to see you're still wearing your wedding band. And he said, actually he gets hit on more when he's wearing a wedding band. Kayla, you are shaking your head over.
Speaker 2: There, just disgusting me.
Speaker 3: I can't hit on a married man.
Speaker 1: You know what that means.
Speaker 3: Is that they're desperate.
Speaker 1: No, it means they're woman approved. So what happens is married men will get hit on by single women, maybe just looking for sex, and then if they enjoy the sex and they get to know the person, then they'll be like, maybe I could just mate poach him, Maybe I could just steal him. Now I know, I know you're shaking you. I used to see wedding bands that go the other way, but there are there's actually some research to show. I read this study once. I thought it was so funny that the more expensive the jewelry on the wife. Now you would think that would make a mate poacher move right on end because she might be thinking, hey, I could get jewelry like that. It's the opposite. If a mate poacher sees a lot of expensive jewelry on the wife listen up husbands, she's less likely to mate poach because she thinks he's too invested in that relationship. It's not going to be easy to get him from that anyway. There's a lot of research on flirting in general and what is flirting. Well, In some ways it as you know, like somebody who flirts with a married man, it can increase the wedding ring, can increase someone's mate value because what our brain likes more than anything is shortcuts, right. So if you are single, this is the important part. If you're single and you meet another single person and you see someone flirt with that single person, that raises their mate value, right, they are approved by somebody else. You're picking up on the social cues about their suitability as a mate, and you see that there's a signal from other people that that is a good mate. So we rely on flirting as a way to assess if a partner is good for us. But guess what, there's some researchers who set up a study trying to figure out if flirting works when it comes to raising your mate value when you're in a relationship. Because I know people do this, right, They'll be Mary living with somebody and it gets a little boring, gets into the doldrums, you know, the six to twelve year run. And so they think, I'm going to make my mate like me more. And the way I'm going to make them like me more is I'm going to get them a little bit jealous. Right. So I remember last week producer Kayla was saying that she in the past has tried to make mates else as I have. But that's when you're single, that works, but not if you're in a relationship. So this is a recent study, recent meaning August of twenty twenty four. It was published in the Journal of Sex Research. It's called literally when your partner is being flirted with the impact of unsolicited attention on perceived partner desirability and make retention efforts. Oh, psychologists love that psychobabble. They love that psychobabble. So the research seemed to three or three experiments different kinds of experience to see if partners would be less attractive or more attractive if they received this unsolicited attention from others, And what they found was the opposite happens. They call it the flirting paradox. It boils down to what they believe are evolutionary mechanisms. So, once our partner becomes the target of sexual or flirtatious advance, is the research success that our motivation to maintain the relationship goes down. Uh huh. Suddenly our partner is less appealing to us if we see other people flirt with them. I know it sounds backwards, doesn't Kayla? You look confused? Here's why. So first of all, we feel jealous. Jealousy is a really uncomfortable feeling. We don't want to keep that feeling. The way to get rid of jealousy is to get rid of the partner or the relationship right or exhaustion, because what we have to do now that we know our partner is being flirted with, we have to monitor our rivals intentions. We might have to manipulate our life to make sure that we keep our partner away from the potential mate poacher. That is a lot of work, it is exhausting. So we also have to make guard. Make guard means your partner now there's another option out there, so you have to compete with that option by being extra nice to your partner, maybe buying them some presents, taking them on dates, spoiling them. You are mate guarding, right. The other part of me guarding is you have to make your other rival look really bad, So you have to think of all the bad things about You have to disparage them in some way, or you have to get into a fight with him. Honestly, one time, years and years ago, I had this boyfriend and I wanted to go see I don't even remember which rapper it was, whether it was Snoop or dray or something. I was really into it. It was in the nineties, and I said, take me to this concert, and do you know what he said? He's like, I just still want to have to go and fight. He said, everybody's gonna hit on you. I'm gonna have to fight. Literally. He didn't buy the concert tickets because he was worried about the Mate poachers. I didn't get to see my show that I wanted to go see. All right, And the other thing that devalues our mate. If we see someone flirting with them is that age old feeling of fear. They imagine that their partner might reciprocate. They think, oh, if that person is flirting with my partner, then maybe maybe they're into them.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 1: So, when you're single, we do rely on flirtations to see who's attractive or not. We look to see who thinks they're great. But not when you're in a relationship. It devalues you. So don't use it. Don't use it as a way to try to keep your mate around or value. All right, when we come back, I'm taking your calls. Are we going to the phone's producer Kayla, pick up the phone. If you have a relationship question. The number is one eight hundred five two zero one KFI. That's one eight hundred and five two zero one five three four. Reminder, I'm not a therapist. I'm a psychology professor, but I've written three books on relationships, did a dissertation on attachment style, and La to weigh in on your love lives. Kayla's going to the phones now one eight hundred and five to two zero one five three four.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Doctor Wendy Walsh on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: KMI AM six forty. You have doctor Wendy Walsh with you. This is the Doctor Wendy Walsh Show. This is the time of the show when you can call me with your relationship questions. The number is one eight hundred five two zero one five three four. That's one eight hundred five two zero one KFI. Okay, Producer, Kayla, who do we have? First?
Speaker 3: We have Ruth with a question.
Speaker 1: Ruth, Hi, Ruth, It's doctor Wendy.
Speaker 8: Hi, Doctor Wendy. You have an amazing show and Kayla's awesome.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 8: Love how to talk about how the people in the room are responding to your questions? That makes it feel like we're right there with you.
Speaker 1: Oh, because you were watching on Instagram as well.
Speaker 8: No oh, I just listened religiously.
Speaker 1: So sweet, Ruth. I love to hear from you, but I know on the on the break, I go to Instagram ahead of time, so I'm already fielding some questions and talking to people online.
Speaker 2: So cool.
Speaker 1: Anyway, what is your question? Love?
Speaker 8: So you probably never had this question. So I have a son who's been married to a young lady that is five years now, and they came into a bump in the road and they had a not good conversation and he ended up leaving. I don't think of it. It was of history will though, But that's beside the point.
Speaker 1: What do you mean you mean you think she, your daughter in law, kicked out your son.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Ah, So the next morning she called in a missing person report, and so he left Thursday morning at twelve o five and then he showed up at my door Thursday morning. A week later. He walked over one hundred miles. He spent a few days on skid row. Anyway, when I called the police to report that he's been found, they called her and I also sent her a message. So she just got in the car and came down and my message was, please bring his you know, belonging so he can have his ID and you know, I can take him to the hospital. And you know, his first words to me were, am I in trouble? And I gave him like three big hugs and I said, no, going missing is not a crime. So he just kind of like started crying because he thought for sure he was in trouble.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what's your question? What do you want to know?
Speaker 8: My question is his wife came in, convinced him to go with her, and then she said, you know, go ahead and step out. I'm going to talk to your mom. And she just chewed me out, like from here to China?
Speaker 2: What was where?
Speaker 1: Her complaint.
Speaker 8: That this is all my fault because I didn't get him enough to help. I didn't get him enough medication. I didn't So.
Speaker 1: Okay, I get what's happening here. Okay, So your son how old is he? May ask? How old is he?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Where's this gone? Okay? So let me just say this. So this young man who had a falling out with his wife after five years, ended up walking one hundred miles to his mother's house, was missing, for a week, lived on skid row for a bit. This is somebody who is in a mental health crisis. The daughter in law is blaming the mother in law, saying you should have gotten him help earlier. They're no blames here, there's nobody to blame. It's where we are now, Ruth. Now is the time, okay, and the two of you need to be united front to get him the help he needs, not fighting over whose house he stays at, whether you provide clothes for him, or his idea or whatever he needs. He is an adult. Sadly, nobody has any jurisdiction over him anymore. Sadly, the way America is set up is that if he walks out the door tomorrow and decides to live on skid row with his mental health issues, there's not a whole lot you can do. If he's under the age of eighteen. Yeah, you have some things you can do. So I want you, Ruth to. I'm pulling you off the guilt train because I'm sure she triggered you, and every mother comes with lots of guilt, right, So the two of you need to get together as united front. You've got to find way to get him the mental health services that he deserves. Yes, marriage is it always takes two to tango, so we don't know her peace in all of this, But right now, it's about saving the life of your son and involving as many professionals as you possibly can, reaching out to therapists, reaching out to people trying to get him physically. If you need to drive him to therapy, do it. But he's got to be able to do it, because he's the adult. And sadly you don't have the ability unless you can prove that he can't take care of himself at all, and you want to get a conservatorship, and that's a long road through the courts. But in the short term, you guys have to come together to save his life. I'm so sorry you're going through this. Hey, yeah, yeah, Okay, Producer, Kayla, who do we have next?
Speaker 2: We have Christy?
Speaker 1: Actually, Christy. Hi Ruel, Christy, Hi Christy. It's doctor Wendy.
Speaker 9: Hi, doctor Wendy. How are you doing good?
Speaker 1: What's your question? Love?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 9: I am sixty and my husband sixty four, and basically we used to have a really good sex life and I think do it to Benepaud and that show, but I literally have like no sex drive and.
Speaker 1: I love menopause.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I just have no sex drive at all, and I'm just wondering what can I do with that.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm not a medical doctor, but I will tell you there are lots of great medical doctors out there. I have one myself who specialize in menopause, and I could give you a laundry list of things that make a difference. There are estrogen patches, estrogen rings. There's hormone replacement therapy progesterone, testosterone and estrogen. There are estrogen suppositories. There is a Mona Lisa thing that's ay vaginal rejuvenation that builds more collagen ups in case there's any pain issues. There are so many treatments for menopause related sexual dysfunction. So I need you to reach out to a doctor, preferably a female doctor in her fifties who's going through it herself, and get one of those treatments, Christy, because you guys deserve sound like you still love your husband, sounds like you're still into it, so why not try there? And there are also many men and many treatments for men to want to say that, Christy. So again, I'm not a medical doctor. I can't give medical advice. I can just give you a laundry list of all the stuff that's available. So I hope you can reach out and find a professional who can help you. Thanks for calling, Christy. Okay, who do we have next?
Speaker 3: We have Jeremy with the question.
Speaker 1: Hi Jeremy, Hello, how are you good? It's doctor Wendy. What's your question?
Speaker 7: So my question is, and this is more because I'm interested in somebody who was previously married and seems to have had quite it's an experience with that person, how do you get some a woman to be in her feminine energy? And this is coming from somebody who thinks you might have been kind of alpha widowed if you've ever heard that's herd before, How.
Speaker 1: Would you define feminine energy?
Speaker 7: That she feel most comfortable letting you leave, that she kind of you know, that feeling of like, oh, I see him as massolent enough where I like where I feel comfortable letting him be.
Speaker 1: So it sounds like the kind of relationship you want is a woman who's quote unquote you're calling it feminine energy allows you to lead and be the leader in what kinds of life choices would you like to lead her. Sorry what you said, you want to lead her, she'll be in her feminine energy. And by the way, there, I don't like the terms feminine masculine energy because there are lots of strong, mouthy, opinionated, independent feminine women and just as there are lots of soft, beautiful, compassionate, empathetic masculine men. Right, So the fact that we pay.
Speaker 7: So I already kind of like Tom Boyce is anyway, So I'm not against that at all. I just mean, you know, I just want to be the kind of person. And she he feels like, uh, she feels like she can, like like she doesn't regret being around owned. Why she doesn't feel like this is somebody who I who. I feel like I have to constantly make decision as for like, because a lot of girls don't like that. They don't like having aim to always be making every decision. They feel it's almost kind of a turn.
Speaker 1: Off if they have to make all I mean, if they have to lead, it feels a turn off to them. Is that what you're saying. Well, the answer, Jeremy is talk about it. Talk about what you would like, what I would like? Where can we find middle ground and I'm talking about the details. Hey, do you like it when I pay? Do you like it? If I drive? Do you like it if I make a plan? Would you prefer to do that? You just ask questions. Don't call it masculine feminine. Just ask the questions and communicate. Thank you so much for calling, Jeremy. We have to go to a break. When we come back, I'm going to continue to take your calls. The number is one eight hundred five two zero one five three four. That's one eight hundred five two zero, one five three four. You are listening to the Doctor Wendy Walls Show on KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Doctor Wendy Walsh on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: K I AM six forty. You have Doctor Wendy Walsh with you. This is the Doctor Wendy Walsh Show, and I am taking your calls. The numbers one eight hundred and five to zero one five three four. That's one eight hundred and five to zero one KFI. Okay, Producer, Kayla, who do we have on the line. We have Kat with a Comment, Kat with a Comment, Hello, Kat with a Comment.
Speaker 10: Hi, how are you, doctor, Wendy did.
Speaker 1: What's your comment? Love?
Speaker 10: Did? I just want to yes, just a comment. I would listen to here every week, I want to tell you. And I'm seventy years old.
Speaker 1: I don't know you sound so much younger than seventy.
Speaker 10: Cat, I know people tell me that, but relationships aren't a priority for me right now. I'm really into my family and my grandchildren.
Speaker 1: Those are relationships. Any relationships every day?
Speaker 11: Yeah, So, anyway, regarding what you were talking about, people who are involved in a relationship or married and getting hit on by people that obviously know that that's the situation. The saying that I heard all throughout my life is no woman wants a man that other women don't want.
Speaker 1: Exactly, Kat, No woman wants a man that other women don't want. And that's why on the dating apps, Kat, you get these gorgeous guys who have a great profile, and their message boxes get filled with messages from like twenty women and there's so many women waiting in the wings for these dudes right because they know the other women are interested in them too. But yeah, we like men that are women approved, also women trained. Have you seen the new Alley Wong stand up specially, it's so funny. She talks about why she loves today, a divorce dad who's been pre trained by a woman. He's turnkey, she calls him. I love that too.
Speaker 2: I just watched that this weekend.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's so funny.
Speaker 2: It's so funny. It's so profane. So if you're not ready for that, like get ready, but it was very funny.
Speaker 1: I laughed out loud. I watched it twice, but the first time I watched it, I was all by myself, and I'm sure my neighbors heard me because I was screaming. I'm not shocked by anything normally language or whatever, but that woman, she pivoted so well and shocked even me that I screamed a couple of times.
Speaker 2: And like, all the stuff she talked about is like right up your alley too, yeah, yeah, my relationships up, sex stuff like all of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm trying not to. I don't talk about sex unless it's in the context of relationships or her too, her too, Helo. You know the whole thing about Oh, I don't want to.
Speaker 2: I had no spoilers.
Speaker 1: The Pivot, The pivot, Okay, producier Kayla who do we have on the line.
Speaker 3: Well, we had Mike, but he got disconnected.
Speaker 1: Mike, Mike disconnected.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Unfortunately, Mike is having actually a mental health crisis.
Speaker 3: He says that his girl put him out.
Speaker 4: He's on his way to lax to catch a flight to Texas, and he told his job that he's having mental health struggles and he just wanted to know the best way to deal with his anxiety and mental health struggles while he has this in Texas.
Speaker 1: Okay, So for sure he needs to reach out to a licensed therapist. We're talking about a real mental health struggle, okay. And he needs to also tell his work that it's happening. He needs to inform HR. Nowadays, because of the Affordable health Care Plan, he can get mental health services. They can't fire him for having a mental health break, right, But it's important that he work with a licensed clinician who can help him work through this, not some kind of dating coach who's just gonna tell him how to get his girl back or any of that nonsense. If he's racing to a flight and racing to I don't know what's in Texas, maybe his hometown or something, some familiarity or someplace where he feels safer. He needs to work with a clinician, and there are lots of ways to get affordable therapy. Oh my gosh. Okay, Mike, we're here with you.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry you're going through this, and I'm sorry you got cut off. I hope you're still listening and you're going to get through this. Okay. This is very natural and normal, and a professional will help you get through it. All right, should we go to social media or do we have another call social social media? Let's see, we have so many that producer Kayla printed out. All right, dear doctor Wendy, how can I tell if I'm into a man for his access, money and power, or if I'm really attracted to him as a person. Okay, So, first of all, when people choose mates, it is impossible to say, well, you know, if you are alone naked on a desert island, I would still love you, because you're not in that situation. And actually you'd want a guy who could crack open a coconut and catch a fish, right, you have different skills. So if he's got to live with you in this life now, then yeah, you might be interested in his access, his money and his power. But relationships are about intimacy, and so how can you tell you spend some time being intimate? I mean talking about tender topics, talking about you know, your bodies, your fears, your dreams, talking about stuff that matters, right, not just oh we're gonna go here, You're gonna pay for this, you know, and he'll be saying that too. You've got to be the one that leads him to the place of vulnerability and authenticity, and then you'll know if he can get there, that you're attracted to that. All right, who do we have on the line, Kila? You have Alex with the question Alex Hi? Alex is doctor Wendy Hi?
Speaker 5: Yes, I was just I was just wondering for people who are getting like medication management or mental health issues, is the primary care would be a decent replacement for that or should be be seen like someone else, like that's more qualification.
Speaker 1: I guess well, I think I think it's very common that people might start with their own doctor. I'm not a medical doctor, so I can't given vice on medication. I'm a psychology professor. But I think that at the very least your primary care doctor can I know that they certainly can prescribe, but they can also send you to specialists. And in the psychological community, the big prescribers are licensed medical doctors called psychiatrists. So as far as managing, it might be a team effort, right. I'm a health psychology professor, and we talk about how it's a collaborative team that might work with you. So it's not a bad choice to begin with your primary care and then they may give you a referral to somebody else who matters. But thanks for calling, Alex. Alrighty, let me go back to social because there's a very interesting question here, dear doctor Wendy. I got into a work relationship with a friend. Oh, just a work relationship, not a love relationship at work, just a friendship.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I got into a work relationship with a friend and then she let me down as a friend. Is it possible to change a friendship to strictly a work relationship? If so, how Okay? So every friendship and every relationship has a contract. The contract is usually invisible, right, But obviously something happened where she broke the contract. Whatever the contract was, which was, you know, I don't know what the deal was, so now she's rewritten the contract and it's your job to follow it. Yeah, you can change the friendship. You don't even have to announce it. You just be less available. You just don't talk about those tender topics. You just don't, you know, let her trauma dump on you or whatever friend would do. Right. You can change the contract of any relationship in your own head to protect yourself any any time. All right, when we come back, you know, I got a few things I want to talk about. Well, one of them is there seemed to be a lot of adults calling me lately who say, like who say, oh my god, I just did this quiz on the internet and I think I have ADHD. Let's talk about what that could mean for you when we come back. You're listening to the Doctor Wendy Wall Show on KFI AM six forty. We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. You've been listening to Doctor Wendy Walsh. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty from seven to nine pm on Sunday and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.