Speaker 1: I on one w jr R, Orlando's rock station. It's the Lynch and Taco Show. Good morning, I'm Pat Lynch, Taco Bob across from me.
Speaker 2: I just had somebody texting in about tickets for this weekend pitmasters and poorers.
Speaker 1: Get ready all right, yeh Saturday, Mount Dora. We're gonna be out there.
Speaker 3: I just got done texting them back.
Speaker 2: It's a WJRR dot com slash events to get your tickets ahead of time. Okay, it's twelve dollars ahead of time. We're gonna be out there with Barry from Shine Down. He's gonna be out there with their hot sauce. We're doing a Q and A with him, right.
Speaker 1: Well, actually we're gonna just put you know, throw the mic on and bs with them, right, conduct it and have listeners ask questions.
Speaker 3: I like that even better.
Speaker 2: So Mount Dora this week, and we'll see you out there Saturday three until eight. And Real Radio is gonna be out there with us as well, doing some wrestling stuff.
Speaker 1: We've got our Tailgate cookoff going five listeners, gonna be competing for some great prizes. Bourbon, beer, barbecue.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we forgot the best part. The bourbon. We love Barry, we love real radio, we love you know all you. But we have bourbon, we have beer, we have barbecue and of course bacon, so the good stuff and BW stickers. There's one more b involved. It's BBBBB right, check it out, ready to check it out here? Yeah, sorry, I was getting a little carried away there.
Speaker 1: A little bit of history made this morning as we provided the live feed for you on our Facebook page. A lot of you were looking at that and commenting, pretty cool to think that first commercial private spacewalk. It's gotten to this point now, these rockets going off left and right where it's just moving forward very quickly, successful to two person spacewalk. It was to test out these EVA suits, the Extra Vehicular Activity suits, these newly designed Yeah you've seen them in you know the news reports that the Astra not to now where they they look much different from the traditional you know, big you know MTV moon.
Speaker 3: Man suits floating on the moon. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was way cool. So I mean if you didn't see that, you still can JR. Facebook page. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, those suits are a little more on the hip side, and thank god they worked out. Yeah, I would not want to be the first one of that spacecraft in a testing out kind of suit.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying outside of the spacecraft. Yeah, that one.
Speaker 1: So this week Sony finally pulled the curtain back and revealed the long rumored PS five pro to the public. Six ninety nine. That's seven hundred bucks for this unit. The good news is that for that price you're getting a much sleeker machine that's got sixty seven percent more computing power and a memory that's twenty eight percent faster and higher clock speeds, which is very important to gamers. There you go, that'll make the games you already own look better. And there's no disk drive in the US model. It'll be another eighty bucks for the optical drive. Do people have like disc envy? Like gamers? Go?
Speaker 2: Man, his system was so fast. Are looking latency?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Latency?
Speaker 2: Somebody just asked BWO stickers this Saturday, Yes, out of Mount Dora.
Speaker 1: What Yeah, we want to get him distributed there in Lake County. I know we've sent some out.
Speaker 3: That way, but we want to get to represent.
Speaker 1: So this Google trial is underway this week about them being a monopoly in Virginia, and they had a former Google executive performing testimony this week and basically laying out, Oh God, and we were told our goal was to crush the competition, which.
Speaker 3: Okay, look, employees are always the one but that.
Speaker 1: Look, that's the goal of any business that faces competition. It's our goal in our business to crush the competition. Now, granted, there's fifty radio stations. You can't crush them all, but the ones that are the immediate threat to you, you sort of wishing death upon them. You're out to crush them. Yeah, but I think in Google's case, it's a little bit more of a I think a crushing footprint that's being put on trial.
Speaker 3: Here. What do any of us use?
Speaker 2: Oh? I go to Yahoo search right? Yeahoo Yahoo Yahoo.
Speaker 1: Depending on how this thing comes out, this could really change the complexion of what we've come to know and expect from an online experience. We'll say I have to go back to dial up. I don't think, well, I don't think it'll be that drastic if things go sideways for Google.
Speaker 2: All I know if I was that Google employee, I would get a bodyguard like fast, just cause you know, we've and stuff.
Speaker 1: Allegedly, cryptocurrency scams are becoming more and more and more common. How common were they? Estimates? Last year alone five point six billion dollars builked out of people with crypto scams of some way shape. I saw some guy in the news last night, one of the stations that does their troublemakers thing or whatever.
Speaker 3: Oh I heard this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this poor some bitch he guts on a dating site and you know, he's back and forth. This is a long play deal where this woman's baiting and baiting and baiting him. They still haven't met or anything. And next thing you know, she's talking him into investing in this great business opportunity on a crypto site. And my cousin, well, no, he gives her the money, puts the money in, and he's tracking it online and his ten thousand dollars has become two hundred and fifty thousand dollars. And as he puts more more in and it wants to take some out, that's when he finds out the whole thing, including the website, is a complete sham. And she's gone and they're gone, and so's his money. Yep, and he's still left with his right hand.
Speaker 2: My uncle has this great hookup, get involved, and then her and the uncle are off together in the Bahamas.
Speaker 1: Hey, did I mention this speaking of scams, this streaming scam, the musician who made ten million dollars ripping off royalties. Now this guy in North Carolina. I didn't know if I had brought this up in rock.
Speaker 3: News or not. No, I don't know. I would remember that.
Speaker 1: This guy in North Carolina is accused of defrauding streaming services of ten million dollars through this elaborate scheme using artificial intelligence. The fifty two year old allegedly used AI to create hundreds of thousands of fake songs by non existent bands, then he streamed them using bots to collect royalties from platforms like Spotify, Apple Music, and Amazon.
Speaker 3: Did they actually catch the guys? Yes? And you know, I mean they didn't just go oh somebody did this. They know who it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, ten million he's been doing this.
Speaker 3: Stick it to him. Yeah because this Ah.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, you know, artists are all up in arms about how little they're paid per stream and yeah, you know, in many cases they're absolutely right, but this guy exploited that. You just multiply how many things you're putting out there, then you make the accounts that are listening to him totally bogus, but they're still going to register as streams.
Speaker 2: And you say it more than anybody else. If there's a whole fill it the he did.
Speaker 1: Apple announcement came, you know, about their their new line of products that are coming out, and then the day after comes this report that they had talked to consumers about their buying intentions moving forward for new mobile devices. This isn't good news, not only for Apple, but for any wireless maker. A lot of consumers at this point like, look, I'm putting upgrading my phone on hold for now. Everything's just too expensive. Yah, the economies, and you know that's the last thing.
Speaker 2: Look you say, mine, I haven't able to replace the little glass screen saver.
Speaker 3: Well that's just a lazy yes.
Speaker 1: But speaking of screens, new research about the effect that us as parents might have on our young children if we're on the screens too much, Parents who stare at their screens instead of talking to their kids aren't just modeling poor behavior, they could be hindering their children's language development. According to this new study, study parents use screens, Parents who use screens more had children who also use screens more and those children had lower aptitude in grammar and vocabulary, according to a survey done between the ages of two and a half and four years old. Too much screen time, I think about it. Yeah, that's just you know, putting out their info for you to take and you know, act or not act on as you fit.
Speaker 2: Remember back when I told you years ago Chick fil A putting a little tower on your on your table to put your phones in so you'd talk like normal people do at dinner and lunch.
Speaker 1: What is this you speak of talking at dinner exactly?
Speaker 3: Conversation is so crazy.
Speaker 1: And finally there's this Amazon kind of taking a page out of all the targets playbook. Amazon is launching a new line of budget friendly food items in an attempt to attract price conscious shoppers who are ditching name brands to save money. This, you know, gets back to the whole You know, it's in store brands now, so Amazon's going to expand upon their offerings much like many of the big retailers do in in grocery store game right now. But you know, it all just harkens back to remember way back in the day when you just had generics that were in the black and white labels of whatever it was is this is the same thing, and it's you.
Speaker 2: Know it was aching powder, right, it's just paper towels. Check Cola and they used to okay, check but no, that was that was their in store brander. I'm talking about the true down switch generics a black and white printed label. They would say spaghetta sauce.
Speaker 1: And I remember the grocery store I worked in. We had them all in the same aisle. It was like walking into this just.
Speaker 2: Weird four text nineteen seventies horror film.
Speaker 1: Black and white movies.
Speaker 3: What it was like walking into Osowski's. I can't believe they did that.
Speaker 1: Ossowski Family Foods, talk about it. Come on, get it right, all right?
Speaker 3: They give them the heads against shopping cart because you know it's coming. Let me back up. Oh go ahead quick.
Speaker 2: This is Pat and his buddy's working at Osowski's Family.
Speaker 1: What Alsowski Family Foods like Park Florida.
Speaker 2: When they would catch somebody stealing, they would beat him up and drag his head against shopping guards. Go ahead, that's the sound of a gentleman's head, not a gentleman a.
Speaker 3: Thief, because that's how we.
Speaker 1: Roll, thank God. And that was Bob World Order. Before It's Time, baby, a BWL ahead of time.
Speaker 3: You don't care, do you go? Linchin Taco on demand, Download the iHeartRadio appum Right Mill