Speaker 1: Opened the sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine.
Speaker 2: In the games, Mike the Bulldog beyond you. Sorry Bulldog, not the outcome we had hoped for last night in Boston as the United States team falls three two to Canada.
Speaker 3: The dog was up watching hockey last night and man, and obviously we want a team USA to win. But I gotta tell you, Lynch, that was riveting last night. Just the whole atmosphere in that arena last night. Obviously, the booing of the national anthem, all the patriotism going on, and it was I learned a lot about hockey last night. That was again, just the passion on the floor of those two teams. Canada, of course, ends up winning it in overtime three to two. In this this brilliant marketing for hockey, this Four Nations event, This is the inaugural one. I have to I have to think a lot of sports are gonna look at this when it comes to their quote unquote all star activities, don't you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the carryover effect, I think, really is what the best part is. It got them in front of eyeballs that normally like yours, that normally have no interest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and mine. It sounds like the dog was up late, you know, screaming. I was fixated on it. I was, I mean I was. I was watching some magic as well, but I was. I mean, this was this game. This is and maybe I'm a hockey illiterate. All right, let me just but here here's my bulldog bite on this game. This game will dwarf.
Speaker 3: The rating of any game in the Stanley Cup Finals.
Speaker 1: An accurate statement. Hey, I tell you what you said that you were into it. You should have seen Tom's watch bar last night. Place was just on their feet. I mean it was. It was good. It was good to see.
Speaker 2: Were there any Canadians in there? Were there?
Speaker 1: Yep, there were, and they were treated respectfully as as were the Americans as well.
Speaker 3: I mean, that wasn't just a game last night. That was, like I was reading one of the reports this morning, it was a geopolitical brawl last night. I mean, you were people were talking about tariffs and annexation of Canada, and President Trump threw a jab at Trudeau before the game, and then after the game, Trudeau tweeted, Trudeaux tweeted out, you can't take our country and you can't take our game and that trash talking between the presidents, by god, unbelievable.
Speaker 2: President did call the called the team yesterday morning after their morning skate round and wished him walk and said, had he not been already committed to that governor's conference, he would have been there.
Speaker 1: So was that a hint at making uh making Trudeau a governor?
Speaker 2: Was that? It was that?
Speaker 1: Why he said it brought it from the.
Speaker 2: Governor's thing, no doubt about it. So the Magic picked back up in the fund stretch of the regular season last night with a win.
Speaker 3: Guys, Oh yeah, they were down nineteen in the first half and I was, I was worried, but they came storming back. Cole Anthony came up big near the end. He had a couple of big shots and then of course Palo Bancaro looks like he's back to his old self. He scored thirty six points last night, ten rebounds, five assists. The Magic ended up winning that game one fourteen to one oh eight the Franz eight. He had twenty five points by the way. Cole Anthony finish was seventeen. Trey Young was massive for Atlanta. He had a game high thirty eight for them Magic, though typically from the Magic they shot like what they shoot like. They hit six of twenty five three, so they still shot horribly from downtown, but their defense picked up last night. And uh, I gotta tell you they have seven straight home games now, seven straight home games beginning tonight against Memphis. We will know, we'll know where this Magic team is headed in the next seven.
Speaker 2: What's the update on the contusion? Yeah, on the Charlie Horse.
Speaker 3: Did he get Actually, actually, you guys laugh at me, but I talked to somebody with the Magic yesterday and I and I suggested to them, is this just a is this a really bad Charlie Horse? And he goes in, yeah, yeah, for Jalen Suggs, this is a really bad Charlie Horse. And I did suggest that maybe Jalen should see uh my orthopedic guy, doctor BEng Gay, I suggested that.
Speaker 2: Maybe you could try that relief factor stuff in a jar relief factor.
Speaker 3: Jalen Suggs, I'm told, I'm told should be back, should be back next week, So we shall see.
Speaker 2: Hey, did you guys, did you guys see this Carson Beck story him and his girlfriend. Oh I heard something of this. Yeah, all right. So Carson Beck has transferred, you know, from the University of Georgia down to Coral Gables to quarterback the Hurricanes this upcoming season. He's got a boatload of money, you know, obviously with the new structure in college college football and college sports in general. His girlfriend high profile basket or player for the Miami right Bulldog. Oh yeah, one of one of the twins. Right, So these two are are a power couple down there. They had all their automobiles stolen the other night.
Speaker 3: Gang.
Speaker 2: Among the automobiles that were stolen were the Mercedes and Lamborghini owned by Pack. This is getting out of control.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what happened to the days where it was just a tractor for Mama at the farm.
Speaker 2: Now it's a Lambeau for Junior. Is Mercedes and Lambeau stolid. Orlando City new campaign begins this weekend Bulldog.
Speaker 3: Saturday Purple Palace against Philadelphia. Yeah, they had a great season last year, although they didn't win the title. But yeah, it's gonna be uh, it's gonna be interesting to watch because everybody thinks Orlando City is gonna be good again this year, although they did lose the Kundo Torres they're you know, their their best player, but they've they've added to the roster as well, So we'll see what happens this season with Orlando City.
Speaker 2: Mike the Bulldog Byonkey, host of Open Mic on AM seven forty and FM ninety six to ninety game weekday mornings on IT Jason Dust, and he takes time out of his busy schedule to join us for the sports page each morning here on JR R. Have a good weekend, Bulldog Oo
Speaker 3: JR w JRR, Orlando's rock station.