Speaker 1: You are listening to Video Games to the Max. Hello, and welcome to another edition of Video Games to the Max is episode four hundred and thirty eight of the show. And with me, I am your host, Sean Government, with me as usual as mister Mark Morrison. Howdy and well, we do have some things to talk about today. I have beaten South at midnight, so I'll talk about that. Mark is continuing with Assassin's Creed Shadows. We've got some discussion on Marathon and it's presumed price and talk about some of the stuff that they showed in the game or about the game. And then also Nintendo's switch to stuff continues to come out about you know, pricing with games, what's going to be in certain games, and switch to editions or the switch to editions actually on the cart that kind of thing. Xbox a summer showcase state has been revealed. We'll talk about maybe some games that they're going to show on that thing and a few more things. All right, so let's go ahead and get the housekeeping out of the way here, so that move through this quickly, so you can of course listen to the show as a podcast comes out pretty quickly right after we do the actual like live stream on YouTube, Twitch, and Facebook, which you can go watch that live if you'd like Mondays around the eight thirty nine o'clock ish time on those aforementioned channels, you can just watch later on demand on the YouTube channel as well to network there and also described to the YouTube channel. You only get what we do here with video games to the max, But if you like other things like movies, TV shows, anime, we have shows for that. Taco Cafe handles all the anime stuff. They just did their top ten anime of the winter season and giving out their awards for the winter season as the springting season is pretty much started like a week ago, so go check them out if you're a big anime fan, especially if you watch like the regular seasonal stuff. And also you got the movies and TV stuff with the routs for broadcasting folks. They just did their Minecraft movie review, so you can go check that out as well, and they go pretty in depth on things, not just talking about the movie, but the other things around it, like you know, the sales and box office all that stuff for other people's reviews and things like that. So definitely they do a great job of handling that. So if you're entertainment stuff, they do that over there, and then they do some wrestling and other things in there too. But yeah, let's keep it about video games here, and let's talk about the games. Start out with I guess Mark, how goes your Assassis Crea Shadows Journey?
Speaker 2: I finally hit chapter chapter three?
Speaker 1: Finally hit chapter three. So how many chapters are.
Speaker 3: In the Probably forty eight or something? No, no, what that's three or four? I mean probably four, cause I assuming we hooked four be like, you know, the epilogue or you know, we're just jumping back into the world.
Speaker 2: I am still continuing to kill guys from there.
Speaker 1: Fourteenth chapters Assassin Cree Really, yes, that's that's incredibly depressing to me. Eighty seven main quests.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my god. And we had this game for two months.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, I'm not kidding, Like I killed this guy and it's like, okay, you killed all the the middle ring guys. This is the end of chapter two. No cool, And then it's like, oh god, there's twelve more.
Speaker 1: So does that mean that the side quests have been enticing you to keep going on that?
Speaker 3: I mean side questions a kind of content, and it's kind of repeated. You know, go clear up this camp or this castle, or go find these amazine pages that don't actually matter at all, or stuff like that. But you know, it's really the game design. The game world is really well designed, because ever like two to three dard meters or something else to you to go do. So you just got on like this, like kick or this, you know, just keep heading northwest, I guess until these question marks run out and I go do something else. Yeah, and I'm continuing to kill guys in that game, and it's like I killed this guy and it's like, oh, here's a part of this other hidden you know, faction.
Speaker 2: Or you know, I'm like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: Like the quest system or you know, like the target system is like I have like, you know, twenty three of these circles.
Speaker 2: In my on my map or you know, on my in my menu.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what half of these are because it's just like, oh, you just kill this guy and he's part of some secret organization.
Speaker 2: They didn't even know what it is.
Speaker 3: I'm all right, sure, yeah, I'm actually taking the screenshots because it doesn't even fill one screen, it has to fill two different screens. Yeah, So yeah, I have told it. I still got an embargered game I can't talk about until next week hopefully. All right, And I got a I thought, well I didn't. I traded it in for it I got. I got a boxed Super game Boy.
Speaker 1: Oh nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've already had a Super game Boy a loose one, but this is like the Box ten one. So that's cool.
Speaker 1: Hey, that's that's always cool to get. Any Are you getting the Lunar Collection remaster?
Speaker 2: I'm hoping to. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I probably could get it quite when I when it comes out, but I I like that game where I close games, so I hope I hope you get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hope. I'm gonna probably since I don't have to buy uh it was it clear obscure because that's on game Pass, I probably will buy Lunar. Yeah, just you know, support them remad during two RPG classics like that kind of similar to what I did was Sweaking in one and two. Even though I did have an intention of playing those on my vacation, it just didn't happen. But we'll see. I mean, I do have that week where before Claire of Scare comes out, so I might actually delve into some Lunar and talk about it next week for sure, so that'll be what I'm looking forward to there. But as far as this, I mean, anything else for this.
Speaker 2: Week, aheah, not really.
Speaker 3: I played more Split Fixtion with the ends and you know, still good. I think we're kind of nearing the end, but probably got like one or two more game sessions to go.
Speaker 1: That's that's good at least still with that there. Yep, all right, well I did finish out South of Midnight, so yeah, it's uh. It has a fantastic story. It's just kind of sad again that it gets bogged down by the combat, which is extremely repetitive and one note they fill these arenas with monsters. It can cause you to die. It's not like it doesn't get like it's not challenging, I would say, just like there's a lot going on, so you kind of have to keep track of all these pints that are in the arena that you're in. And then some of these arenas are really small, but they all kind of look similar until you get to the last three chapters of the game are fantastic because you're sent to this different world that is away from the rest of the game, because it's like in this stream world sort of in New York City. No No, but it's like you're supposed to be like in The Worm of the Dead or whatever, and it's like this kind of like chatteristic London almost with like a lot of like you're going in and like a clock tower and going up the clock tower, and there's a lot of platforming in this section, and you just have to keep going up and up, and then there's sections where like there's just nothing there and you're having a wall run and do all this and like, man, that was really cool and I love that part to get to there, And then of course the story ramps up as well, do a great job of kind of like wrapping it up or getting you to the like where they ramp up, and then unfortunately the story just abruptly ends. It's like there's no true like Okay, yeah, we kind of know they're fine, right, Like the tribulations that they went through are over quote unquote right, but like there's no connective tissue with the characters that you meet in the game, and there's like, you know, I'm expecting, like for the lack of a better thing that I can think of, right now. Like you know, those moments in Fast and the Furious at the end of the movie is where like they all kind of sit down at the table or they all have something together, you know, like you don't get here the diesel. Yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: A giant frog actually, so.
Speaker 1: Maybe that is true then that you know, it's also kind of weird that the uh, that character that they showed in the initial trailer only has a really small part in this Yeah, so that was was kind of interesting. What his job is it is also interesting, but it's just like, wow, they they showed him off to only have him be in like five minutes of the game, Okay.
Speaker 2: Uh as a consequence of they cut content or it just really.
Speaker 1: Feels like, I want to know, I hope that if you're gonna do a thirty minute documentary on this game, please tell me that you're gonna eventually do some kind of thing where you explain somebody is allowed to explain what happened here, because the way the game ends just feels like so but he said, Okay, whatever y'all are doing, y'all got to get to a stocking point. Wrap it up. This game has to come out April eighth, there is no more letting this game simmer and come out in July or whatever it was. This game is coming out April eighth, whatever y'all get to. That's it, you know. And it does feel like there are things in the combat that could have been more fleshed out. There are things that the skill tree feels like you're not gonna get. I don't think there's a way for you to, I mean unless you just explore. There's maybe I know there's a lot of the little readable things I didn't get. There's at least fifty of those that I didn't find. I don't know how many more flufs are around that I didn't find, because I scored quite a bit. It also makes it really easy because it has that thing where you follow the path and if you go the opposite way, you're most likely going to find the little fluf to get the your currency for the skull tree. I didn't match it out completely, but I got to the end of it, and then basically all that was left was some upgrades for the individual powers that you know you don't really need, because again, the game is not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, speaking of that, Shadows gives you so many skill points that it becomes almost like a farce.
Speaker 1: Oh, you definitely go through the skill tree fast.
Speaker 2: I mean I haven't gone through at all because of it.
Speaker 3: You know, it's like oh, individual weapons or weapon types of skill tree. So it's like I don't care about like the big gun that yaske can have, but like when you when you're going through the castle, you gotta kill you samurais. When you kill one of those, you get a skill point, and then you get skill points for doing some quests as well and other stuff. So like I play as not way most of the time, but when I switched to him, it's like, oh, now I have ninety four skill points to distribute, great two vedicantors automate this or you know what. Going back to what you said, do you think that like that's kind of been a problem of Microsoft games. I wouldn't say lately, but as a general rule, like them not finishing well or just kind of finishing abruptly or like seemingly like not ending correctly, like uh, recor remember that thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or I mean that that's a while ago.
Speaker 3: But yeah, yeah, but still, I mean it's emblematic or well then as a mounts it kind of like ended funky.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean the thing is they do I mean.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's like a money problem, but I think it's really it really is a good time, Like they don't like certain studios have don'e on that man as your time correctly or.
Speaker 1: Like I think it's it's it feels like it's uh, I don't know, because remember that until Redfall, they had that like really hands off approach, right, So this is they're part of that twenty eighteen class that also includes Obsidian and whatever, and so like this is one of those games that they were just letting cook until I guess now they decided that they needed to like get involved more and kind of be like, okay, where you're all at, where's this game coming out? Kind of thing? We need to start like having a rollout for this year. And they probably felt like, Okay, this game is is gone, you know, going on long enough that like that that's enough that you don't need anymore, Like it doesn't need to go much further. It just sucks that. It feels like, why didn't you guys let them have an ending?
Speaker 2: Yeah you later?
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe that's it. Maybe they they were hoping it would do well enough on game Pass or in purchases that they could sell you a DLC later. I don't know. I don't think that that's gonna happen with this game, because sadly when I beat it. Now, to be fair, the game has only officially been out for less than a week. I got the early access version because it was nine bucks and I needed to also talk about it on the the other podcast that I guessed it on last week, so we'll talk about in a second. But it just it just feels like there's part of it that was just I just want to know what the story is with what is this your intended ending, because it feels like it's not and that kind of sucks. And then also it's just like, was that combat always supposed to be Like like the comment's fine, right, but it's like, okay, it's getting compared a lot to Keena Bridge of Spirits.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Keener Bridge of.
Speaker 1: Spirits had really good combat, and that game gets hard at certain points, right, Like there's an answer to each one of those enemies in that game. There's not any of that here. You're doing the exact same thing in combat every single time in this game, and it's fine. You can even turn it off if you want and you want to this experience the story, and maybe that's what Compulsion is going for, is they were like, well, if this gets annoying people, they can just turn it off. But I don't know, that's a big piece of the gameplay that you're telling people, Yeah, you can just turn that off.
Speaker 3: I mean at that point, did you just sell the game or saw like a physical version with like a YouTube look and so I can like you watch it, you know, or you know, just sell the Blu Ray.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 1: That is the kind of like interesting that they did that. It was just kind of like, okay, you know, weird decision there. But I think the platforming is fine enough. I know there's people that like apparently also hate the platforming as well, but I think that that gets more of a bad rap because it's fine for what it is. It's just it's meant to be all that seems to be meant to be a vehicle to get you to experience the story, which is really well written and really well done. And I got to get them credit for that, Like, you know, Polson delivered on the story this time. I think that they didn't deliver with contrast, or we have a few I feel like and but again, it's also emblematic of their other games that I talked about last week of they want to tell you something about the game, and then they don't. The gameplay is not fleshed out that much at all. This is definitely the best game, hopefully from here. Whether it's a South of Midnight too, I don't know. I don't think it's going to be that unless Microsoft just green lights it anyway, but this this is definitely not gonna The only thing I could see them getting a two is if this game was definitely made to get awards. Very much like hel Blade two, this thing is probably gonna get musical, you know, a soundtrack nomination, our Style nomination, maybe a narrative nomination, or a Games for Impact nomination. If it wins things, maybe that pushes Microsoft. Considering we're talking about game pass here, this is a you know, a game pass game. It's it's very well, you know, as far as a game pass get a game pass game, this is perfect for that. I would not tell you to go buy this even though it's forty dollars. This is perfect for get a subscribe for a month on game pass. Maybe wait till you know. If you're interested in Claar Obscure as well, which comes out the twenty fourth, get both, you know, subscribing the twenty fourth, you can play both games for a month and you'll be good. You know, Hey, what's up? Cute? How you doing?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: I was also on one I Fair podcast that I listen to every week. They have been around longer than us. They've been around to two thousand and five. One of the og video game podcasts, video Game Outsiders. They just joined the yoggs casts network the Pickaxe side of it, but they've been around for a long time. John and Michelle had me on. I really appreciate being on there. They have their own style. They definitely are the folks that they they like to uh, they get a little excited, I want to say, you know, they sometimes getting yelling, but it makes it fun, you know, right. And so they recently had their their third co hosts that they've had for a long time. He decided to step away and his family and things like that, so they've kind of been trying out different people and again, lucky enough that I got to be on one of these weeks. But everybody they've had on so far since the beginning of the year has been they've been pretty good. So it's gonna be interesting what they decide to end up doing in the summer as far as if they do a third host or they just kind of keep a revolving door around or whatever. But yeah, go check them out. Video Game Outside is the fantastic folks, and yeah, you can go join their discord has a great community that I always like talking to people in, So I'll put links in there for the description for people to go check those out when I get done recording here. But yeah, that's it for me playing this week. Now I'm done without the Midnight and I'm waiting around. Like I said, probably play Lunar. Get back that it's unblady Chronicles talk about that next week. So yeah, but all right, I guess since we're talking about games, I know you didn't really watch any of this. I don't know if you did since I talked to you, since it wasn't a you know, it's not like these videos that they had were super long. Wo No, but Bunchie did reveal marathon that they said they would do on Saturday. Honestly, the way they revealed this thing, and the way they've cut up videos for it, it's like, I don't understand why they didn't just make this a thirty minute showcase with somebody talking through it or something, because it's like they did a trailer, they did an eight minute story thing that where they try to be like really kind of cryptic about what they're doing. They try to it does seem really cool, like Bunchie has its way of telling stories that make the premise seem very cool, like very interesting. And then and the problem is that the way they end up telling the story is not always great when you get to the actual game. I think that that's gonna be another thing here as well. It's like this this city that's like magically vanished and you're supposed to be trying to find out what's going on with them, but the like the situation is that the government doesn't want them to find out, so you're kind of trying to find out at the same time. And then you know, it's it was interesting the way they dropped it, at least for that. The game is a PvP extraction shooter. If you didn't know that already. Straight up, they're trying to make this. Yeah, they're definitely trying to make this, you know, their version of Escape from Tarkov, like try to see if they can have that like kind of futuristic looking art style, which I do think that that also is a little bit lack gravitated me a bit towards at least wanting to watch some of it. I like that the ar style that it uses. The problem is that it's a PvP distractor shooter. It does have PV in it. They have AI bots that are also they're bothering you along with the the different like groups of actual control players that are playing it. It's meant to be played three v three, but you can play by yourself, so if you want to play solo, you can. There aren't any like creatible characters, so they're all like sort of like character classes that you can choose. There is some customizable elements with it. The story is going to be kind of like Lord drops, so don't expect outside I think of the initial whatever cut scene or blah blah blah they have. Don't expect anything like crazy.
Speaker 2: But that you don't respect anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean my issue with it is that from all the other like you know, skill up went and played it. GameSpot had tw more who say go play it ig and had somebody kind of funny had Paris and a few other people playing it that we're invited by Bungie to go. And then apparently Paris and some other people like doctor Luco have been like in the creator program for this for like two or three years now or even further on, because obviously this was originally a nineties Mac trio of games that they then decided to like redo to turn into an extraction shooter. So like they've been kind of taking tips with that, and everybody's been saying this feels like destiny won Like there's not a hook to this. They're kind of just hoping that we make good shooter and people will come and play because we're Bungie. And the problem is, and I guess this is where we can actually have a discussion on this, is that they're not backing down from the rumor that it has existed for at least a year now that this is going to be a forty dollars game. This is not going to be free to play, and there was some pointing that this was gonna be a full price game, and then they came out and be like, no, this is gonna be a premium game, so it's not gonna be seventy, but forty ain't that cheap either, when you're talking about a game that who knows how much shelf life it's gonna happen, right none.
Speaker 3: I I'm gonna be the festinist, but I think this thing is gonna crash out. Maybe not as quickly as Concord, but two months.
Speaker 1: I will give it more. I'll give it at least. They're gonna last at least a year before they figure out we've really got to put this under the hood.
Speaker 3: And yeah, you'll give it a year before it goes free to play because the player counts likes eight hundred people or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just because it's Bungee. They have fans that are innately gonna buy this thing. That will they want to play the next thing Bungee is gonna make. That's not destiny. They can start from the beginning, you know.
Speaker 3: And but it's not like it's not what Cann's of Bungee you want like they I mean, if you asked of Bungee, like, hey, what do you want, I can say an extraction shooter with light story content.
Speaker 2: Oh definitely not.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of people complaining that they just wish they would make a single player a game. Again, that's not gonna happen. And tell you that right the way that that company's built, they're built to be a live service and that's why Sony bought them. So unfortunately, whether you want to or not, they have this has to hit. This has to be a big deal. If not, I don't know. Man, uh, Bungee will still be around, but they will definitely have a lot less weight as far as being a Sony studio, Like they will become a Sony studio for sure.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, but that's not I mean, it's the same thing I've always said, like fans tell you what you want.
Speaker 3: And yeah, it doesn't matter that Sony bought them to be you know, Destiny to content maker forever like even Destiny two fans there, it's not like a growing segment.
Speaker 1: Well, to be fair, they also brought them to be the the people that we're gonna tell the other studios how to make their life amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, yeah, look how well that worked out?
Speaker 1: I mean obviously it didn't. It didn't work out.
Speaker 3: I think I think the problem is is like they they want somebody wants to you know, I have this mentality that like, oh, we we have these people making live service game be able to have all the right ingredients so they can they can knock out twelve games no problem. And they say, yo, the audience is fickle, Like I don't think anyone it's expected hell divers to to do that. Well, but like you know, audiences change and audiences want what they want. It's not like you can't like force feed us or force feed people like, hey, you got a new live service game. It's based on an old ip that barely anyone knows or cares about anymore, especially the people who played it back then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I definitely.
Speaker 3: And it's it's like, oh, it's only in you know name only it doesn't any of the old bullshit that Marathon used to have. So go eat it up, Go spend forty bucks on an untested franchise.
Speaker 1: That they're hoping it's a franchise, right.
Speaker 3: Well, an untested ip that like you know good, I mean, yeah, it's just insanity. Like they they want live service money, but it's like, well none of those hit correctly, are very few of them, And the amount of money you're wasting on this crap you could have making single player games that would have you would have actually got a good returning investment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's what I wonder if Sony being a single player mostly. I mean, they've for the most part everything that they've done multiplayer wise, outside of Hell Divers too, they've already canceled everything we've seen or heard from. They already delayed fair Games yea, which is the other one that's kind of like, I don't know what's gonna happen with that. Does that studio wind up getting act if that doesn't do right? And it's like, if this fails, does that mean that Sony is is done because this is your studio that you bought to be the showcase for this kind of thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, hopefully.
Speaker 3: I don't have any ill will against the Gham necessarily, but if this thing comes out bombed, hopefully that is the last nail in the coffin for this type of live service crap. And it's not like I would like. I mean, I'm not a fan of it. But if Sony wants to make a new so Calm or a new Kills one or something, sure go for it, but don't make it some live service nightmare that you know it has seasons and has all this like you battle pass and yeah, stuff like that. Like it's a no, this makes makes something good period.
Speaker 1: Do you think it'd be a better have better reception if it did have Let's let's say they decided to do you know, Halo, but it's Marathon, right, They has a single player component. You can play the multiplayer if you want, right.
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, I'd be more interested for damn sure if this if they were like, hey, I mean they would never say this, but if they were like, hey, the original the original guys making Halo are making this thing. It's going to have an online shooter component like a multiplayer, you know, but it's not going to have you know, that six to eight hour story. Uh, that's good, and then introduce you to Marathon and you know all this other stuff. Yeah, absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean that would do it for me as well, right Right. The thing is that you're wanting people to invest forty dollars in this game, right, and you're trying to also get people to get to pull them away from the game that they're already playing, which a lot of Times is free.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like how they how can they compete against the game I saw this compared to most was Apex Legends, and it's like, how can they compete against that that that's free and that has a somewhat built in fan baise, you know, like a relationship with you know, titan Fall and good Luck because it's you know, it's already been five or ten years or I think it's like seven years or something that that game's been around.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, I mean not.
Speaker 1: To mention the fortnites and the other things that are around that take up people's time, you know, right it do you mentioned the aforementioned Escape from Tarcraft that people are already playing, like Hunt Showdown is there as well. Like it's just there's a lot of extraction shooters that are out there already that people are putting their time into. And then what it You know, the people you're trying to get are new people also, and if they don't even have the console that this thing is on, it's like it's not even like, Okay, I wanted to buy the console, whether it's a PS five or Xbox or whatever for other games games, and then it's like, oh, then I gotta spend forty bucks on this thing just to play it. It's like, eh, I don't know, it's it's a steep It's not as steep as you know, Asking seventy, but it's still a steep ask when that was one of the problems with Concord. I'm sure they will allow this to go free to play, because again, it's bungeee and they're not going to just kill it on the vine like that. But man, it just it if it is not a roaring success. Uh. And look what happened with Hell Divers two, where it grabbed the zeitgeist and became the game for like four or five months before Sony kind of killed the ill will with it with the stupid PSN deal. And then also I think like content was starting to slow down and and things like that. That's really hard to do. So expecting expecting this game to do that already is is a bit much. But that also had an established thing with it also, and then it just has a different type of game that's not out there as much as the extraction shooter.
Speaker 3: And yeah, it's more cooperative and it's you know, it's not quite as in your face about buying the battle path or you know, it's also.
Speaker 1: Just screams like fun, what do you get most out of its people just doing random ship and getting killed by bugs, I mean like you know, and then they had the most insane, ridiculous premise of democracy, democracy and all that other like making jokes and stuff like that, so like it just felt fun, whereas this feels like, Okay, we're trying to be cool and our style is kind of neat or whatever, but it's just like, I don't know, man, it doesn't have that thing that makes you go, man, okay, I need to play this over something else.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I mean it feels like hell Divers almost seemed more like an accident. This seems more deliberately Forrest, like we're trying to be cool and edgy, but it's like, yo, you're just coming off as being like a poser, you know, like sing somewhat.
Speaker 1: I think it will do it well initially because it'll get hyped. It's bungeee. They do have time to alpha test this thing, which is something that they didn't do with Concord.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: You had people, You have people that are kind of most of the people that I've seen talk about this, which I've watched like four or five different people that went and played it. They all have the same thought of, I don't know what I'm supposed to be excited about with this, But if you like Destiny One and you like the way that that was when it first started, this feels a lot like that where they could eventually get to the point where this is gonna be okay.
Speaker 3: The problem, yeah, there's two problems what you just said, I don't know. The first is I don't know why people would be or what was the first part.
Speaker 1: The Destiny one where it's.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, that was the second one, but I don't know why.
Speaker 1: It doesn't have the hook right the hook?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, that's one problem. But the second problem is, yeah, this game shouldn't be like Destiny one because that game was a a disaster when it came content. Wasn't there, the story basically wasn't there, you know, just offloaded it to scra the.
Speaker 1: Grim War cards that Yeah, you had to go outside of the game to figure.
Speaker 3: Out that's what I mean. Yeah, like loosn website. You know, Peter Dinklice, given his career performance of the of the Decade.
Speaker 2: And act thing.
Speaker 1: Just replaced him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you.
Speaker 3: Know, gameplay very you know, the shooting was okay or good, but like it had like one mission type. It's just like go to this base or go to you know, run to this level, hit hit ghosts, and then you know, defend him for five minutes.
Speaker 1: And they did say the missions are going to be based off a menu as well, so it's not like even you're not finding it on the map or whatever.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's extremely hard to get into now, I think, but like, why would you play this, Like if I was going to play something like this, I'd just play like Warf RAMEO. Okay, at least that's been running out running for six or in took decades or whatever and has all the content.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, that's another thing that makes so hard. There are so many games that already have so many years of content you can go through if you're looking into get into something like that, whereas this is starting out and okay, you get the full the cool thing of like, okay, I'm on the ground floor. But if the county people are going to stick around after the first couple of weeks a month or whatever and stop, right, so yeah, well obviously we'll have to see. It's all the way till September twenty third, when it comes out my brother's birthday, shout out to him, but he actually he's streams escaped from Tarkov, so I actually need to ask him what he if he's been looking at this at all on money things.
Speaker 2: He's one of those people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, yeah, exactly, but he's he's kind of that target on his all. Right, you're trying to get people from that game to move over to this game, and it's like, I wonder that's so established ingrained in people. They don't know what they're going to go over the way you want them to. Also, it's my daughter's birthday, having birthday to night. She's fourteen today, so crazy, we're getting up to the high school age already next yek goodness.
Speaker 2: But yeah, not for real.
Speaker 1: I mean I'm already freaking out just thinking about, like, man, how many years we've been doing this show, and then you know, just that whole time frame of her growing up with that, and it's just like man, how time flies? Right? But yeah, so that's kind of the the gist of it. You know, if you have thoughts on Marathon, what you think it's going to do if you care about this at all. Normally we don't talk about these kind of games that much. But since you know, people were talking about prices all the time now with Nintendo switch and I switched to and all that stuff, might as well have brought it up here with Sony and Marathon, I am speaking of Sony. They did raise the price of the digital PS five and regions due to inflation, because you know, we're overdy on the Sony kick here. It's going up an increase of fifty euros in Europe, so now the digital edition costs almost just as much as the regular edition. In the UK, it's going up forty pounds to four twenty nine ninety nine from three eighty nine. And you remember they did a price change in twenty twenty two, so this is the second time that you've done a price increase, not a price drive, a price increase in the five years that this almost five years and system has been around. I don't know if I'm sure, maybe or maybe not. Xbox will follow suit at some point, although Australia went up as well. Uh So, any thoughts on this at all?
Speaker 3: I mean it shows that like the market is still very in flux because you know, by this time the things should be going down price, not up.
Speaker 1: But I mean the Swiss never went that never went up, but it also didn't go down either, so whereas p s and Xbox have both gone up.
Speaker 3: Uh so, yeah, I mean it's a consequence that increase material and the you know, the system being too very complex and even like when they make a revision, it's not like, oh no it's tune or all is cheaper, like it's like, no, it's the same price, not just it's in a smaller box.
Speaker 1: Well, and also probably has to do with the the volatile nature of this crazy trade war that's going on and the stuff with China and the US doesn't seem to be going away, right, and most of these systems are being made in China because of the materials. Yeah, so you know, we'll see, uh how that goes. Because Nintendo is still waiting. They supposedly now they they have revealed when on my Nintendo you can possibly get a chance at a pre order right for the switch to and that's May eighth in the US and Canada, But we don't know when the retailers are going to get a shot at doing the pre orders quite yet. We'll see if we we do at this Mario Kart World Direct that is happening on Thursday. So I'd be very surprised that we get done with that Mario Kart World Direct and we don't have any announcement of get the Mario Kart World Bundle. Pre orders are this day. You know, like, man, if we're still going another week where we're waiting to see what's gonna happen, I mean, yeah, Nintendo can wait, no doubt he will pre order this thing. I mean if it's June fourth, right, But still it's like you got to get some people time.
Speaker 2: To yeah, get money together, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, figure out if they're gonna they're gonna have that home loan. I mean, it looks like so far, because they've shipped so many units the United States and other countries already that it's probably going to stay at four fifty because uh, you know, the president that's there in the United States did drop our pause all the terrorists except for the ones to China for ninety days, and everybody else except China is getting a ten percent terriff. So according to nie K and some other outlets that apparently this may cause Nintendo to just go ahead and go out there with the four to fifty price, and then I guess they will once they run out of the stock.
Speaker 2: That I said last week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then also there's still that thought of what if they just don't release it in the United States?
Speaker 2: You know, I know, it never happened.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't think they would either, just because the US is such a huge market. No way, right, Like as far as like game purchases and all that stuff, it's I cannot believe. You know, we're going to be having that. It's going on Crafty you good to see you as well. Also, Crafty has his own podcast, video Game Happy Hour, which we're going to talk about having Crafty on the show here to be on with us, and maybe myself or both of us could be on Happy Hour. We'll talk about that on another outside of the show. But you know, the thing is, it's just interesting to me, like Nintendo definitely doesn't want to be dealing with this. We already see what Sony's having to do with increasing prices, Like can you imagine they put out this four P fifty for the switch to and then in like three months they're going, oh, sorry, we got to raise the price some more, like could you see them doing that?
Speaker 2: That's exactly what they're gonna do. I have no doubt about it.
Speaker 1: Man, you know how bad pr that's gonna be.
Speaker 2: No, it's gonna do.
Speaker 3: They're gonna sell it the four to fifty a lotment, and then once they sell that, go like, now it's six hundred dollars. You can can't trump for that, and then that's the end.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know. I just feel like they're gonna meet in the middle and at some point they're just gonna be like, Okay, the price is five hundred dollars. It's not moving and like and then you get to the holidays, because yeah, one other thing that we haven't talked about yet is that such a weird thing right there is this intentional Is it just because the administration doesn't know what video game consoles are? Is it like they don't think the consoles are important? Like they have hold on giving one. They've exempted smartphones, flat screen TVs, and uh computers, but not video game stuff. It's like, really, that's electronics. Like at first there was electronics, then they narrowed it down to those three things and it's like, why not video games?
Speaker 3: It's been pretty much uh said that, like Trump pats video games. So I can completely buy him being petty enough for the bullshit be happening. I mean he sees it as you know, you probably use it like you know, this is why we don't live and leave to beaver Land or whatever. It's his you know, GTA six exists or you know, video games or correct, right.
Speaker 1: I mean he he There was lack of reports of him wanting to do something against video games or violent video games or whatever it was at one point. But I mean, just like everything else with him, he has a fielding one moment, and then another moment he has another feeling and then you know, again we're talking about something that next week all the tariffs could be gone or something like. It's just something that's been changing literally daily. Man, we have no idea what's going on with this, but it's just insane that you are, you're doing this, and then it's like you go the extra malll of exempting things and then man, the switch to getting delayed was on the news that I watched every night. I mean, like this is this is national news. Is now that the switch to pre orders have been delayed the United States. Like, you know, you think that somewhere somebody would be talking about, you know, maybe maybe we should exempt this as well for ninety days or whatever. Let the switch to come out at their price that they wanted to come out at, and then whenever they decide to do and after that, whatever it is. It's just it's volatile all the time. Will be interesting to see if Nintendo dares during that Mario Kart World direct to put out a price or put out some kind of okay, pre orders are going up, for sure, we'll see what happens, you know. Yeah, but that's that's why, Like you know, people were talking about why didn't you put the press in the direct? This is exactly why, because can you imagine them going back to that direct and it says, oh, switch is four hundred fifty dollars and then people go, what why am I paying five fifty at checkout for them?
Speaker 3: Again, that's the terrify bonus. They should they should reput out the direct and they have the priceis.
Speaker 2: Be tv A Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: And you know the other funny thing is, you know the common joke, one of the more common sexes jokes was in the past, was like, you know, a woman can't be president because you'll be so unpredictable about her time in the month. And it's like what as compared to Trump, Like yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean guys walking walking up predictability.
Speaker 3: So so I'd rather a woman be you know, unpredictable or a little chaotic one time of the month and not yeah a day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know, look this guy whatever, whatever that happens with that. Ultimately, uh, so far Nintendo is still having this system come out on June fifth. We'll see, maybe they end up delaying it for the United States and it just comes out on in other regions as almost like a hey, stop messing around and.
Speaker 2: I'm going to Canada real quick, you know.
Speaker 1: Like I wonder if Nzinenda would dare do that, right, like, just okay, we're gonna release this in other regions and because you guys can't get your crap together, we're just not you know, we're just not gonna deal with this right now.
Speaker 2: You know, it'd be funny, it would.
Speaker 1: Be it would be interesting if they decided to go that route. I don't think they will, but right, but speaking of prices, a lot has also been made about these switch To edition key cards and whether they had the entire game on the on the the actual cartridge or not, which means could you resell them. Nintendo did come out and officially announced that the switch To editions have the actual game on the key card and the upgrade, so you can resell them, and also you can resell these key cards for the third party games that use them because it's not tied to your Nintendo account, it is tied to the actual game. So even though it's a it'essentially just a license to download the game, that license will always be on that cartridge, so you can resell the game, which is good for people that you know still buying physical. Nintendo has not officially There's a lot of misinformation out there about the whole what is the Nintendo Switch physical price? Nintendo themselves has not said a lip of anything about this. So therefore, until Nintendo themselves says something, I don't want to go down that road about is physical going to be ten more dollars or five more dollars or whatever? Right now we know marri Car World is eighty dollars, Knackong seventy. The Switch To editions vary between seventy and eighty, depending on if they include extra content like Kirby, or you don't include content like the Breath of the Wild switch To edition, which does not include the DC So that makes that game ninety dollars if you choose to buy the DLC separately from the switch To edition, which has already got that ten dollars upgrade. What do you do you think Nintendo? I mean, obviously Nintendo doesn't care about what you pay. They may charge you ten bucks for a freaking ad for the Nintendo switch to and welcome to her right, Where do you kind of land on this thing? Like, man, that game is eight years old? You can't include the DLC.
Speaker 3: I land on what I said last week when I said, like, Nintendo sem vics are becoming a lot more of like greedy or just you know, money driven, Like I don't think why I would have put up with this shit, And there's no one like I think Reggie, you know, he was like he was talking about standing up to like uh the Mario guy, MEI Moto, Yeah, Ammian Moto wanting to charge for wee sports, And Reggie's like, no, like give it away, like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is the game that's going to get people to buy your console.
Speaker 3: It's it's like the only you know, one of the few only good things for the WED that like actually demonstrates this technology. Well, the surest fuck isn't Red Steel like get you know, and Memoto just Memota just being pissed about it even like now. And it's like there's like a fundamental not understanding of the market. And it's like I'm sure Mimoto he's really rooted in like the Japanese market, and like you know how they buy games.
Speaker 1: But oh when they lowered, they lowered the prices of the console for the Japanese, right, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's also like, yeah, go into any you know, Japanese game store, of the games are under like five bucks. Basically they can get them copy Mario World for Super Fam account for a dollar, you know, one hundred yen. That doesn't exist in America, right, I mean, if anything, it just keeps going up and up, you know with retro games and stuff. So I think that stipid demo thing whenever the coction, yeah, that should be free. That should be packing at least with the first round, you know, the initial people you know buying the thing, and yeah, it just seems like they're beginning like less used to feel like magical. It's same like Disney and Disney last had a long time ago.
Speaker 1: They're doing that more in other things, right, they're doing the Disney thing in Hey, come to our theme parks, you'll get your magic there. Come watch our movie.
Speaker 3: Right, No, come to our theme parks and spend thousands of dollars.
Speaker 1: Right, but you get that cool like moment of oh man, Nintendo love all this old stuff, and they're banking on that nostalgia to try to sell you this stuff. And it just feels like, man, it feels like Nintendo of old would have said, Okay, you know what, it's been long enough, we made our money on After the Wild DLC. Let's just give it to them all. Give it all to them for seventy right.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: It's an old game. It came out with the original Switch one, like you know.
Speaker 2: Uh and the and the we you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well yeah, we exactly it was the last right we.
Speaker 3: Still like you know, it's a two generation old game. Like imagine if I mean I'm not talking the online part, but imagine a g T A five had come out with the actual story DLC for PS three and for the p S five version.
Speaker 2: They're like, no, we're gonna make it still. You're gonna make you.
Speaker 3: Still buy its for you know, the epilogue to you know, uh Vincent or not Vincent, but uh, I forget to get any get any of the characters names to that thing. But you know it's been yeah, but yeah, it's a here here more like heist, like single player heist or something.
Speaker 1: But people be outrage, Oh for sure, it's just and there are people outrighted this. It's just it's that like fake outrage where you get mad, but it's like, you know you're gonna buy it anyway, so it kind of is what it is. Although to be fair, it's DLC, you don't have to buy it doesn't preclude you from buying the actual game or just getting the ten dollars upgrade to get a game you're with you own. But look, we'll see if they ever actually exercise the lower end of this variable pricing with games.
Speaker 2: My crystal ball saying no, but.
Speaker 1: You know, i'd imagine that they're gonna try to keep things in the seventy and eighty range because that's what they want. The game prices to be they want them to be at that price. And again, if I'm take two right now, I'm looking at GTA six and I'm like, yo, we can easily charge one hundred dollars for this thing, especially because they get to they get to just watch that system comes out June fifth, and people still buy these games and everything, even though apparently according to game Stop, there's gonna be a lot of systems, but there's not gonna be a lot of physical games for you to buy. They're not gonna get a lot of games, but of course you don't need that many. You can just go buy them a little sword. So right, we'll see, uh one positive, I guess that they're gonna make this Zelda Notes app have even more to it. There's gonna be a twenty four hour Lack reward that you can roll once a day, and one of those rewards is going to be a weapon repair reward. So the thing that you couldn't do at all in the Breath of the Wild, and then of course they did have it to where you could do it with certain enemies in Tiers of the Kingdom. Now the bane of a lot of people's existence, you're gonna be able to roll and get that reward on using the Zelda notesap. You think it's gonna get people to use that app?
Speaker 2: Down, No, you're.
Speaker 3: Gonna I don't, you know, I don't think people are. You know, new fans are going to care. And the people who already really care, they already have a strategy, they already build.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've already played the game. Yeah, I do think it, you know, looking prettier and all that, you are going to get people to go back and play this, because you know that was the problem with you know, Tears of the Kingdom especially was man there was parts of it where it just ran bad, right, and running better on a new system might get people would be like, Okay, I think I'll finally finish that game. Maybe people will check out the notesap for the GPS whatever. But hey, look, I'm down with Nintendo's trying to find different ways to use your phone besides giving us games that outside of firing them, I don't think anybody wants. So, you know, these apps are interesting. It's another way to make your Switch online thing worth it. Also, if you have switch online, you can get all these upgrades, at least for the Zelda games included, So I guess, I guess that's good to another just pretty much like the Animal Crossing DLC. Then they've done with other DLCs where they included in your Switch Online subscription, So right, you know, positive on that front, and it's really not it's not that expensive considering, you know, for one month of PS plus extra or sorry premium or one month of game Pass, you can get a whole year. Yeah, regular Switch Online, you know, think about that. Not that bad.
Speaker 2: Speaking of until they raise the price of that as well.
Speaker 1: I feel like that one. They'll wait as long as they need to because they're trying to make it such a worthwhile thing that now it's you have a whole button that you can't use if you're not subscribed to Switch Online, So you know, maybe maybe that will get people to subscribe because you want to use game chat. Speaking of Xbox, they did reveal their summer showcase date. It's going to be June eighth, so two days three days after the Switch to launches and two days after Summer Game Fest. As it's per usual, they usually have to be around summer game fests, so a lot of times it gets included in that whatever it will air at one pm Eastern and following that will be an Outer Worlds too direct. Kind of neat for Obsidian to have this time slot. They didn't give it to Call of Duty again. They gave it to Outer Worlds two here, so.
Speaker 2: Give it a worth while game.
Speaker 1: Well that's it. You don't need to sell Call of Duty on people. They already know. Like last year it made sense. Right, you're introducing game that it's gonna be on Game Pass all that stuff. You know, so cool that Outer Worlds two is going to get that moment. Uh. You know Xbox, if there's one thing they do right, these summer showcases, they nail it pretty well when it comes to these things for you, you know, an hour and a half show to watch, yeh.
Speaker 3: Share what you want about them. It helps Xbox at least has a dude or has a spokesman.
Speaker 2: You know they.
Speaker 1: Have three number they have three roads hitting spokesman spokespeople.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they have one, right, yes.
Speaker 1: Phil is the main one. But Sarah, what do you do count a little bit?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: The we're all that Tony has is let's just say, not great or not charismatic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's good but not. Yeah, it doesn't jump out she's not Jack Tritten.
Speaker 2: Or Nintendo has a sound effect. So that's all.
Speaker 1: Yeah that, you know, they can have anybody there as long as they do the snap or the click or whatever. You're good. But yeah, so you're gonna, you know, we have this hour and a half show what games? Do you feel like they have to show at this thing in order for it to be another winner Perfect Dark? I think for sure you better. If you're gonna tell me that Fable got delayed, you better have something of the show for Fable more. Yeah, no, not pre off of it is even though that looked pretty good. Still, you know you need to have something to show there. It'd be interesting. And like if you show Perfect Dark last year, do you get Perfect Dark year off and show off you know, State of d K three which only got a trailer last year, which had no release dates?
Speaker 2: Interesting to the show off Silk Song.
Speaker 1: It's coming to game Pass, so you could, right, you can technically show off Silk Song. I feel like yours E Day has to have a big presence. Yes, if it's still supposed to be coming this year. Could ever Wild? You know, Phil technically addressed ever Wild? So will they have an ever while? Uh, two to be like, hey, this game is still happening, you know, don't worry about it. It's still coming any other like, you know, I like to see a clockwor revolution, Like what's going on.
Speaker 2: With that Brute Force too?
Speaker 1: You think you think we'll get Blade and Speaks?
Speaker 2: I kind of forgot about it.
Speaker 3: Maybe it'd be funny though if they had, you know, the Ali voicing.
Speaker 1: I forgot to mention that the Marathon. Actually, they announced that it's coming on Xbox and it's still kind of weird that that's a Sony studio. But because of the deal that they sign with Bungie, Uh, it's coming to Xbox, so right, Yeah, interesting if that's eventually comes to switch to as well.
Speaker 2: It has to like they can't afford it on the Expert, right.
Speaker 1: They definitely got to give it all the chances they have. Yeah, I mean, I'll be interested to see what else Microsoft has cooking that. No, Like, it's are we going to get the next uh Double Find game? You know you've been asking for that, Like, what are they doing? Is Fall Fantasy seven remake going to finally show up with this thing now that Nintendo has uh broken the seal on the going to other platforms thing. I feel like this is the moment, right, It's probably gonna be the same kind of release window as Nintendo.
Speaker 3: It'd be fun if they're like, no, it's the Xbox, Isn't isn't powerful in the firm fount of fantasy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised that Square has a decent presence here as well. You think we get any surprises from Sega Atlas maybe you know, they.
Speaker 3: Know may I mean maybe Sega maybe like some news tonic thing, but don't be won't be a Cuza. I don't damn frow won't be persona or metaphor you know anything like that.
Speaker 1: I mean, they got to be working on whatever the next lack of dragon thing is right with Eachuban like, right, I don't think they're doing what is it that centric Project Century game? Maybe?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: You know, that could be they do.
Speaker 3: It'll just be like a very quick teaser. It'll just be like if you've on in the streets of Hawaii again, or you know.
Speaker 1: Or whatever next city they go to, or Baltimore. Maybe maybe crazy Taxi or jet jet set could be shown off here. Because they have that relationship with Xbox back.
Speaker 2: In the day.
Speaker 3: It would be great if they were like, Yo, we're gonna put jet Set Radio Future back out, you know, yeah, cause I's like the one that that game never got a re release. Jet Set Radio did not Future and Future is a much better game.
Speaker 1: Just to throw the sentence if we're talking about maybe games tozer Bob did say when they talked with a Canadian guy, a content creator Paul Jahan, was on his channel talking about games they would love to make, and he mentions that they would love to make a Banjo KAZOOI.
Speaker 2: Sure they're not going to make it, so, you know I have been Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Rare is not going to make it. So if there's anybody that's qualified, man, I'd love Torster Bobbity making. You know, Nuts and Bolts is kind of like that game that a lot of people don't like. There's some people that you like.
Speaker 3: I like nothing multifying, but it's not like the collecting puzzle pieces.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Until or whatever her name is.
Speaker 1: You know, it's nice, it's not the experience that you want, but yeah, I mean I'd love to see it. That would be a really cool surprise if that happens to get I mean, there's been rumors about they'll do a big drop with Call of Duty. Also, uh.
Speaker 2: Conquer.
Speaker 1: Finally, we have a friend that I'm sure would go crazy if there was a big announcement for that brought out. Yeah, it would be interesting. Yeah, look, we'll see what happens. It's still a few months away. You know. We supposedly this Oblivion remake is going to get announced at any point during this month. I don't know, or do they wait till the Summer showcase to just be like, oh, it's out right now, but we'll see. We'll see if you get anything. But that's the wise because you know Doom Dark Ages, will it would have been out? Will they have anything else cooking anything? You know? Will they do something else with Starfield? Let's see.
Speaker 3: I could see them put them going like hey, Starfield's complete edition.
Speaker 1: Yep, yeah, you know, if Last of Us can have a complete edition, why not? Right just to throw this out there because I did the ride up for outter Haven on it, and also I'm supposed to get beta codes. I don't know what happened with that. I did go ahead and preregister for rematches. This is that slow cap soccer game that they unveiled at the Game Awards that people were like, this is their next game, okay Rocket Yeah, the Rocket League's soccer game. It is only thirty bucks, but it is going to be on Game Pass Day one. Also, July nineteenth is when it launches on PC's Series X and PlayStation five. The new trailer they showed makes it sound like it's gonna be really fun. It's very Arcade influenced, but they also want to like have some simulation soccer elements to it. So I'm excited to finally get to play this, whether it's They're supposed to be doing a the first beta next week but on PC only. They did ask, you know, if I wanted on Xbox or PlayStation for whenever they do other betas, So it feels like they're gonna do a rollout of beta's several times before we get to July. So hopefully I'll get to play it at some point and talk about it. But it looks fun for everything I've seen from that, a game that yeah being yeah, let's see if they do actual people here, messy DLC or something. The album of four has a roaduemap of ten to twelve years as Rob ferguson uh They recently unveiled the you know, road maps of twenty twenty six, but Brod Ferguson was asked, like, how long do they think this is gonna go before there's a thought of Diablo five. We said ten to twelve years. That leave you with a good feelings you'll be playing Diablo four for a while, or.
Speaker 3: I mean, the expansions are fine, but like I looked at the road map they announced like the rest of the year, and it's just disappointing as all hell.
Speaker 1: And I I read that there's nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like cosmetic.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's kinds of out of mind cosmetics in theory, but like it's all the cosmetics in the game right now. Just and it's like I got money in the game because I got like the Premium edition, but it's like, well, I they spend any money in this crap.
Speaker 2: It's all just so basic.
Speaker 3: And and I think they announced like a partnership for like like you know, like a third party partnership for like let me said, yo, I want like I want to be riding like the Coca Cola Polar Bear or something cool like.
Speaker 1: That, you know, I mean, and that would be very not gonna.
Speaker 3: Len So I don't mind in theory, like if they make meaningful expansions, that's one thing. But I really dislike how they're focused on, like the seasonal content stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and because it.
Speaker 3: Doesn't it doesn't it really doesn't go back in like the main game. So it's like, why would it. Why would they keep up with seasonal content when you know, three after three months, the season's over and this character just get to drop kicked back to the main game. If any they're cool shit anymore, you know, Right, So that's my take on it.
Speaker 1: I mean it's good. I'm glad to hear that Rob Ferguson has a big, long road map for it. Hopefully you know a lot of it is better than what they've shown already for you and anybody else that could use to play that game or have a passing interest in it.
Speaker 2: I still play it every day.
Speaker 3: I got loaded up kill at the main boss or like a great quick dungeon run.
Speaker 2: Yeah, non none, But like.
Speaker 3: I already have a really good main character, so I don't want to create a bunch of alts either.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That's another thing, right, Like they have you where you have to create the alts and stuff lastly here, Uh, we're not going to get the full like breakdown of it until next week on the nineteenth, and then furthermore on these you know, I'm sure like May the fourth, they might have something as well for Star Wars Zero Company. That's the name of the star that turn based strategy game that's being made over at EA. This guy announced along with it when they announced the Star Wars Jedi third Entry and then that shooter that they've now canceled. This is being made by bit React to the people that are you know, made from Fracis Games. Uh right, like kind of cast offs and stuff. Yeah, I mean I think a Star Wars turn based strategy game would be interesting, right.
Speaker 2: Like they've done before.
Speaker 1: Really, So yeah, we'll see if they what they have to show on the nineteenth, And you know that and Or Season two is coming pretty quick here as well. So they got a lot of Star Wars. I've watched like the first five episodes and then I forgot to go back, but I did like a lot of what I saw that show. Yeah, there's a lot of people that love that show. So I'm glad that they gave it the the season two. I am sad that speaking of shows, Mythic Quests was canceled. At least they're doing. They're letting them have an ending. They're gonna like reshoot the ending, and then it's going to be out there next week or something. So it's crazy to think. Like when they first announced that, I think everybody was laughing about how it's going to be terrible and all that stuff, and then they wound up last four seasons and right, very much like all of Apple stuff, It's like you'll have like the one breakout show and then they have all these other great things on there, and nobody knows that they're there because Apple doesn't promote their stuff at all. Like I mean, I also don't have an iPhone, so maybe if you have an iPhone, they're constantly bombarding you with like Apple TV, Apple TV. But they did finally released an Android app not too long ago, so that's promising. But then they've also stopped doing the It felt like for a while everybody that I knew, on every device thing that I had, was doing a free three months of Apple TV, and then all of a sudden, it feels like this year they stopped doing them. Right, That's how I would check out content is that like my LGTV would give me three months free, then something else would give me for three months free. And it's like I think I had a whole year where I had three months free. So it's like, yeah, you know, but yeah, if that sucks, that metic pest getn't canceled, But I mean the fact that it lasted four years that's still a testament to them. So but all right, I guess we can just go ahead and end the show like we always do here talking about the oh go ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I was gonna bring up speaking of TV crap you no, Black Mirror, find a game back?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Black Mirror. And then of course the last of US season two's came back yesterday.
Speaker 2: You didn't mention it or because I'm I don't even think you know what you no came back? But Doctor Who came Back?
Speaker 1: I did not. Now I have to go and watch that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, they did such a poor job of letting people know, you know, it's like it's back.
Speaker 1: Like, to be honest, the only thing I watched like that's like live TV is sports. So if that does not come on a basketball game or soccer game commercial, I'm probably not seeing it. To be fair or it comes on Hulu when they do that, right, But you're right, like I feel like man Disney owns Hulu, Like you would think that they would be plastering Doctor Who commercials all over that thing.
Speaker 2: But it's not even it's not it's not on Hulu, it's on Disney.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they're all work together, like you know, like's they could they could you ads for? I mean maybe on Disney Play. I don't watch any like literally, I have that bundle and Disney Plus is the one that I don't want. So you know, well, we'll see. I guess all events, I will get to it now that I know that it's out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, catch up.
Speaker 1: But all right, uh, let's get into some of the games that are coming out for this week. Shout out to Repose, which is a cool looking indie game that's like done in black and white but also kind of looks like an old style like the three D games that people should If you like that kind of stuff, go check that out for sure. Indiana Jones Are the Great Circle comes out the PlayStation five. We'll see if this does well. The pre orders are supposedly, you know, pretty good for this game, not as high as far as the Horizon five, I imagine, but they're supposed to be like neck and neck right up there on the PlayStation stores. So we'll see if people actually wind up and join the game, and uh see if it gets any kind of buzz on PlayStation the way they did on Xbox, with the of course game pess helping there. The lust Foil photography sim game that another one of those Aniprona games that is literally about photography, comes out on Xbox, Fishing in PC. The Monument Valley games come to Switch also, and then of course the Lunar Remaster collection that we talked about comes to everything. If you're a fan of old school RBG is definitely one to try to support if you can. Also, Tempopo is coming on a game pass. But that's that cool like puzzle game that looks like you're controlling like a mushroom or elephant looking thing and solving doing like platforming a puzzle platforming sort of. And I'm sure there's some of the cool things, but that's kind of like the big highlights for this week right there. Yeah, then you know, we're looking at clar Obscure and some of the things like the next week after that. So but all right, thank you everybody for joining us, whether you watch live, listen later, watch later, we do appreciate you. Thank you so much. Go like, subscribe, follow wherever you can. That helps us so much. Write a review on the podcast service of your choice that helps us out a lot, and we'll see all later.
Speaker 2: What bye,