Speaker 1: Jan nine tells us today we'll have clouds early and sunny skies later today forty four for the high overnight low of thirty one. Another wintery mix is possible in the morning. Tomorrow then comes the range is going to warm up to fifty one overnight cloudy, and may have some few late showers late into Friday evening thirty five the overnight low with forty eight for a high on Saturday and party cloudy skies. Let's see here thirty three. Right now, it's time for traffick update.
Speaker 2: From the UCF Train Things Center.
Speaker 3: When it comes to multiple thorrosis, trusts the experts at the Uce Gardner Neuroscience Institute for Innovative and Comprehensive Care and learn more at uc.
Speaker 2: Health dot com.
Speaker 3: South Pound seventy five continues to be a slow go between.
Speaker 2: Middletown and Monroe.
Speaker 3: Four car accident blocks the left two lanes above sixty three, then slow out of downtown to an accident in the cut in the hill. Left lane is blocked northbound seventy five. That's a slow go out of Earlbanger into downtown. Shot king ramon fifty five KR and see the talk station seven.
Speaker 1: Thirty or fifty five KRC detalk station, Happy Thursday. With regard to my conversation with Republican candidate from Aeroa the City since Saint Corey Bowman, I didn't ask him a question I'd written down to ask him.
Speaker 2: Which is he getting any support?
Speaker 1: Excuse me from They haven't kunty Republican Party, so I had Joe reach out to him. He said he is. They've been very supportive, no question, no answer yet as to whether they've given him any money yet. So fingers crossed that he does get support from the party. Without further ado, Welcome back to the morning show, Donovan and Neil for Americans for Prosperity. It's always a pleasure having you on the program. Donald Brian, good to be with you. Before we dive into this one small Step for Prosperity campaign. You're launching your reaction to the President's address the other day, I have to ask.
Speaker 2: I was fired up?
Speaker 4: I mean, we're talking about the important stuff, right, We're talking about getting making the tax cuts and jobs back, permanent, raining in the out of control bureaucracy, and securing our borders. This is the stuff our volunteers were out there knock indoors and support of Polsey champions on all last year year, and that the President set up firm agenda on what we need to get done to get this country back on track.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 1: You know, it seems to be sort of cross party red meat for everybody. I mean, keeps stop shouting out loud about you know, the the the Democrats right now sitting on their hands during that debate but having really nothing to say except just generalized opposition to what Trump and most notably Doge is doing, farting out fraud, wasted abuse, and that they could even support some of the crap that they have revealed to the American public that ain't it's not Democrat or Republican. That would be against the idea of setting millions and millions of dollars overseas to fund some sort of I don't know, fill in the blank campaign circumcisions and Mozambique. I mean, how do you defend that. I think we got them back on their heels, Donovan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I think they thought the whole ploy of you know, being disruptive at the beginning of the stay of the Union and then you know, holding up their signs we're gonna was gonna was going to work. But I think what you saw there right as I'll americans across the country tuned in and heard the president's speech and the agenda that he's laying out for Congress to tackle.
Speaker 1: You saw two sides.
Speaker 4: You saw one that's ready to go get things done for the American people, and you saw another that was sitting there angry, arms crossed, not for anything. And it's a reality the Democrat party right now. But we can't just sit on our hands and say, haday, they're mad, they're not doing anything.
Speaker 2: They're working overtime.
Speaker 4: And that's why we got to stay engaged and involved, because if we want to make these things happen, like tax cuts, border security, and reining in out of control spending, we got to stay active and stay in the fight.
Speaker 2: Yes, keep the ball rolling.
Speaker 1: It's a snowball that can grow as long as it goes downhill and gain speed.
Speaker 2: And then gaining speed is what we need.
Speaker 1: You can keep the traction and the emphasis and the effort going and tap into the enthusiasm we have that seems to be going on and again, crossing more party lines. Donald Trump got a lot of votes from the other side of the ledger. A lot of folks that numberally would have voted Democrat came over to Trump's side. That's why he won the popular vote. And it's these logical and re reasonable approaches and campaign promises that he's delivered on that are resonating with the American people. His polling numbers are good and people like what he's doing. And again that crosses party lines and a lot of what your new one Small Step campaign I think does just that it taps into these generally recognized positive vibe, appropriate and positive for the American people across all political lines, racist cultures, and creeds, and can advance those and get more accomplished through I would argue limited government my number one favorite thing. That's why I was a Tea Party fan. It's almost libertarian and its concept it got derailed a little bit back when it was popular. But fiscal responsibility, limited government, and free markets, you know, I mean that's what it's all about.
Speaker 4: Pretty pretty simple stuff, right, Pretty pretty simple stuff here. Yeah. So what you know, as we approach our nations two hundred and fiftieth birthday, there's you know, gonna be a nude hopefully a renewed spirit of patriotism in this country. I'm seeing it. I think it's out there, and what we want to be able to do is tap into that right. We want to tap into that American spirit at our two hundred fiftieth anniversary and encourage folks to take action and get involved by taking one small step. And it's like Kimberly from Trumbull County. She's way in northeast Ohio, but she started off just attending an AFP Ohio meeting about eight months ago. She knocks the doors with AFP action and support of Bernie Moreno. She joined us in Columbus as an attendee sitting in the committee room to oppose bad energy policy back in December, and then just this week Brian Tuesday, she drove three and a half hours to Columbus, sat four and a half hours in a packed committee hearing room to testify and support a school choice. Kimberly took one small step eight months ago that's led her to standing in front of her elected officials demanding that they empower.
Speaker 2: Families with school choice.
Speaker 4: It's those small steps that add up and make big differences here in not just the state of Ohio, but the country.
Speaker 1: Large, every little bit counts. Let's pause will bring Donald O'Neil back to talk about some of the things that my listening audience can do. It's not that difficult to take one of these small steps, and the more people that take one of these small steps, the more likely it is we can achieve our desired outcome fiscal responsibility, limited government, and free markets. Let's pause will bring it back just a moment. I want to mention Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning Proud they are at Zimmer, a family ow an operator for more than seventy five years. Chris Zimmer is the man you be dealing with a Zimmer Heating and air condition Now he won't be working on your furnace himself, but they've got an outstanding crew and they can service a whole huge line of different manufacturers if you need a new one. Though, they're specialist in Carrier and they make a fantastic system, so HVAC from Carrier is the way to go. And Zimmer, of course, the folks that have them take care of you. They also have maintenance programs you get on that you'll extend the life of your heating and air conditioning system. Lord knows nobody wants to have to go down the road to replace it sometimes though you know the maintenance programs will extend that light, keep it running in top order, and keep your home efficient. Efficiency is key and they are great at efficiency. So count on Zimmer. It's easy to get in touch with them. You can boo an appointment online even after hours appointments at the upper right hand corner on the website go Zimmer dot com. And if you call for an appointment until Chris Brian said, Hi, five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three. That's five one three five two one ninety eight.
Speaker 2: Ninety three fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: You know Channel nine weather forecast cloud's early sun later today forty four for the high overnight lo at thirty one. We have a wintery next tomorrow morning. They suggest man some rain there after one up to fifty one degrees, down to thirty five overnight, maybe a few showers late Friday evening Saturday at partly Fridayay with a higher forty eight bring forward Saturday.
Speaker 2: Night thirty three degrees. Right now, let's get a traffic update from the UCF Transhik Center. When it comes to multiple smorrosis.
Speaker 3: Press the the experts at the UC Gardner Neuroscience Institute for Innovative and Comprehensive Care.
Speaker 2: Learn more at UC health dot com.
Speaker 3: Southbound seventy time continues to struggle into Monroe thanks to the left lanes blocked off with a multiple vehicle accident, backing traffic to Middletown, then slow through Lachland, and slow out of downtown to a wreck that blocks the left lane in the cut. Northbound seventy five's an extra fifteen minutes out of Lawrence. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KOs the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven forty fifty five KRCD talk station, Very happy Thursday to you talk without Donovan and Neil for Americans for prosperity. Every little bit counts. When you have a whole bunch of people doing just a little bit, it really does make a profound difference. So you don't have to spend hours and hours every single day to make a difference. Just do something small, like the woman from northwest Ohio that you mentioned advocating for school choice, which I embrace thoroughly. All right, Donovan, what do we need to do? What can we do? What are these small steps that we can take in this one small step campaign.
Speaker 4: Well, the first thing we need folks to do is go to AFP volunteer dot com. AFP volunteer dot com. Uh was where you can sign up and there's a number of different small steps folks can take by going there. It's doing things like, uh, just coming out to a community event that we're holding, reaching out via social media to your elected official and reminding them to make the Trump tax cuts permanent, uh to more you know more things that might be outside your comfort zone, like going out and knocking some doors with us on a day of action, or even coming up to the state House. What we need folks to do, Brian right, is get get in the fight, get involved. Right.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe last election was the first time you voted. Right, you're a newly registered voter and you got out and you voted for folks like Bernie Moreno, Uh, don't let it. Don't let your activism into there. Come out and join us, get involved, because it's what it's going to take to defend this country and keep prosperity, freedom, individual liberty at the forefront of your neighbor's community and elected officials' minds.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe you confirm what I have been told that. You know, I think people think it's an exercise and utility to reach out to their elected official, like you know, call your congressmen or email your congressman. My understanding is most people don't do that because they think it is a waste of time. But that when congress people actually get say fifteen twenty thirty calls or emails on any given subject and it's all leaning one direction, that's a huge volume for them.
Speaker 2: Often.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for someone at the State House who represents you in Columbus, the state representative, if they get twenty twenty five emails or calls about a issue into their constituent inbox, that gets flagged. In fact, I know a number of elected officials who talk to who at the end of the day or end of a week's sort, whatever their reporting cadence is, they'll have their aid let them know what bills constituents called about, and that helps influence draw their attention to where they can sit with their constituents are concerned about. There's not a lot of folks who make those calls. It's not often that folks in Columbus get that kind of outreach.
Speaker 1: And so when they do.
Speaker 4: Or they see a spike of ten, fifteen, twenty people calling and saying, hey, I want to talk to you about House Bill fifteen and I want you to support it, they pay attention to that because it's unique, right Brian. Not too many people are calling or wondering what they're doing up there, but when they get those calls, they listen, they pay attention.
Speaker 1: It makes an impact, Yeah, it does. And that's one of those tiny steps you can make. It doesn't take that much time to reach out to your elected official here in the state to do something exactly like that, and know you're not going to get into a conversation with your elected official in Columbus. You're just going to convey the message and a staffer will pass it along. So it's not like you have to be prepared to engage in a debate, right, Well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right. And you know by going to ASP Volunteer dot com you can and you'll get action alerts, so we'll keep you up to date on all the things that are going on in Columbus and you know, if it's something you care about. For instance, we had Amy who back in February just a couple of weeks ago, signed did just that. She signed a few petitions and we reached out and we got her involved and said, hey, thanks for taking action with us. What would you like to do And she said, I'm just going to take digital actions. I want to you know, I just want to send a note and let my representative, Monica rob Blaze, they'll know what I care about. Well, guess what, Brian ret Blaze. They'll called Amy and said, hey, thank you for reaching out and supporting energy abundance here in the state. I want to understand your perspectives. I can take your story to the state House and the committees and legislate, you know, onto the floor of the conversations I'm having until one small step. Amy took that small step, took some digital actions. Doesn't want to do more than that right now, but it led to her representative reaching out and asking for her thoughts and appreciating her for being involved in the process.
Speaker 1: And I bet that blew her mind. When that happened. Someone to get a statement elected official calling ye I know someone actually cares. Oh my god, I'm actually being represented. It's amazing. Will you make it so easy? AFP volunteer dot org, get on the mailing list or the email list, so you know when these these action plans pop up, when the legislation comes up. Americans for Prosperity is great about staying right on top of all the important things in my listening audience cares about here in the state of Ohio. Donovan, I understand you were at the farm last week with George Brenneman from Restore Liberty dot Us.
Speaker 4: I was Brent, they've got something real special there, I said to the crowded about seventy five folks out getting involved. These are patriots who were in the white George is phenomenal. His wife talked about the impact if we don't make the tax cuts permanent. She's a tax preparer, so it was really insightful.
Speaker 2: Great that. I mean, if we had groups.
Speaker 4: Like what George has to Restore Liberty dot Us and every one of the eighty eight counties in this state, we'd be number one in all measures of economic freedom, education, freedom, you name it.
Speaker 2: We would be doing it.
Speaker 4: So George is doing God's work and it's a phenomenal.
Speaker 1: Group they've got there, Yes it is, and he is a terrific guy. Without question. So restore Liberty dot us. You can put that on your bookmart list as well, along with AFP Volunteer dot org. Donovan and Neil for Americans for Prosperity to keep up the great work and thanks for making it so easy for people to to take these small steps, and you know, put together a coalition and let our representatives and officials know exactly which direction we want to stay toll how to go absolutely well.
Speaker 4: Thanks for sharing your megaphone with me here today.
Speaker 1: Happy to do it, my friend, as always happy to do it. We'll talk again real soon. Keep up the great work. Seven forty six. You can call love to hear what's on your mind. Five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five, eight hundred eighty two three talk, make your voice heard and get over to Gata Heavens Cemetery, Montgomery. They have just an absolutely beautiful surrounding there. It's a great setting for remembrance and reflection. The beautiful rolling hills and mature trees, landscape gardens. Wait till springtime there. Oh, it's amazing striking monuments of course, the seasonal flowers, trim lawns. It's a perfect location for prayer and reflection, especially now it's a Lenten season. Take advantage of the beautiful surroundings and come to get in touch with God. In this natural environment. You can find comfort and peace in the cemetery's quiet, reverend surrounding. They are open to everyone to enjoy ministering the tri state for more than seventy seven years and honoring life on sacred ground. Learn more all about it go to Gateoheaven dot org. That's Gate of Heaven dot org.
Speaker 2: Fifty five car the talk station