Speaker 1: Ripped up.
Speaker 2: You don't have.
Speaker 3: Run as fast as we can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help coming.
Speaker 3: Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. Now, Tom Martine, Hey.
Speaker 4: Hey, Tom Martino here, welcome to the show. We have a car day today like none others. We have a filled up studio. If you're streaming on YouTube, you'll see it. By the way, I am at the Mothership today. I know, I know it means usually that it's gonna snow or something, but I'm here.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 4: I abandoned the luxurious satellite studio Martino Chale, and I came here to the pit of the broadcasting world. Ihearist Studios in Denver. Welcome now today is car Dad. Jesse Schillinger with us from Honest Ik.
Speaker 5: You'red Auto.
Speaker 4: We have also Kevin Cockin from Sheridan Auto Tech and Jeff Thick Kimmeer Transmission.
Speaker 5: And if you put all three of them together, you got a half a.
Speaker 4: Brain there, I mean half of a genius, super genius. No, no, we're going to talk cars. These guys with these guys forgot you don't need. That's how smart they are. So if you're looking for answers for car problems, question complaints, including sales. By the way, we'll talk about that as well. Now I will also talk about anything on your mind. We don't always have to do uh cars on car Day. We call it car Day because we usually save all of the car problems, questions, complaints for when we have our experts in. So call in about cars at three oh three seven one three talks seven one three, eight, two five five, or at three oh three Martino three oh three, six two seven, eight four sixty six.
Speaker 5: Or you uh call three oh three Martino three oh three, six two seven eight four six six.
Speaker 4: I always ask this. It's just a part of car Day, and I'm gonna ask again about let's talk about.
Speaker 6: It's also hard today, Tom, That's something it is.
Speaker 5: It is piece to day, and I appreciate that, especially because Doc bought today. You should have saw the cobwebs when he opened his wallet.
Speaker 7: That's what the noise was.
Speaker 4: Anyway, talk about the window again for parts uh closing normal saying.
Speaker 7: What I think, it's more of the same. I think we're just getting so used to it that is normal anymore.
Speaker 8: I think a lot of the manufacturers and are vendors, you know, they've just gotten used to. You know, if wet the inventory less, they're actually paying less in their taxes. So they're keeping things in strategic places and having them shipped in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they just learned that people will live with it.
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: By the way, just as a side note, I was looking for a piece of tape to mcguiver my headphones. There's not a piece of tape in this building. In this entire building, there is not one piece of tape.
Speaker 5: Not one.
Speaker 4: How about a rubber band? Would that be asking for? Like world peace? A rubber band? Certainly there's got to be a rubber band or a scoonie. The scoonie is that scrungey? What do they call the thing for your hair?
Speaker 7: Scrungey?
Speaker 4: By the way, I do want it. On a serious note, I'm going to take race call. I want to address the helicopter crash. Probably the only person in the media here in Denver that can do so with authority and credibility. Since I've been flying helicopters for twenty one years or twenty two years, been flying fixed swings and other aircraft for fifty years.
Speaker 5: Yeah, fifty years? Hey, Ray, what's going on with you?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 10: I want to know, what can you do about these tenant winnows? All the winners have blocked out. You can't see nothing, and.
Speaker 7: This to me, it's done.
Speaker 10: Say, I don't like to be around vehicles like that.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: A lot of them are tinted for crime, I mean for drive by and stuff, but not most of them. But there are laws regarding window tinting. They're just not being enforced, just like most laws in traffic. The only time they enforce a law is if they see.
Speaker 5: Me speeding.
Speaker 7: Or going over the line or.
Speaker 5: A soccer mom.
Speaker 4: But I've seen people driving down the street with no tags, I mean nothing, zero And he, like Ray, says, the windows tinted out. So what are the rules? On a serious note, what are the rules for tinting?
Speaker 10: They said, cannot be tinted and then.
Speaker 4: Not at all, not even that top strip like the sunshade.
Speaker 7: I know that sunshade is different. Yeah, you can't tint the windshield though.
Speaker 4: Wow, okay, so what about side windows? How dark can they be?
Speaker 7: I'm not sure the measurement, you know, but it's it's they have a stre definitely a standard.
Speaker 5: You carry something with them, Ray, what can you do about it?
Speaker 11: Though?
Speaker 5: If they're not going to enforce it. What can you do?
Speaker 10: You need to call the police chief, need to call the mayor. It's a five hundred dollars fine the first time. The second time it's five thousand dollars time and no one doing anything, No one.
Speaker 8: All right, well man, I'm looking here. You can actually have them pretty dark in Colorado. Basically, they have to allow at least twenty seven percent of a natural light come through the window. That's basically all they really say about it.
Speaker 4: Twenty seven percent only for the side windows. That's twenty seven percent of light, meaning seventy three percent dark, seventy three percent dark. Yep, wow, Craig, Okay, thank you for that. By the way, for bringing that to our attention. We will look into it. And Craig, what's going on with your breaks? What's going on with your breaks?
Speaker 12: Well, it's actually my son's car. He took it to an independent facility that works specially specifically on pondo.
Speaker 13: Is inaccurate?
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 12: They told him that it needed new roadors, but it did not need pads.
Speaker 4: New roadors but not new pads. Why wouldn't you do both? That's so stupid. That would be a pads are.
Speaker 5: Cheap, I mean, but so what he's saying is they're they're they're they're.
Speaker 4: Wearing abnormally, but they're not down to the the markers. Is that what they're saying, So you can do the disc put those old pads back on. How stupid would that be?
Speaker 5: Guys weighing on it's a strange one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well go ahead.
Speaker 12: What makes the problem worse? They weren't even the right size pads. Now, he bought the vehicle used, he's owned it for a couple of years. This particular independent facility has worked on his car before. So when he took it in to have the brakes done, you know, after they told him that he could you know, he still had brake pad where left they did the rotors without doing the pads. Like I said, that's stupid problem to me, though, they're trying to put it on him. He's he's not very car oriented.
Speaker 5: What do you mean? What do you mean they're trying to put what on him? What? What are they trying to put on him?
Speaker 12: That they put on the invoice that he requested that they keep the old pads on, and then they made a note that the pads may wear uneatenly or make noise because he didn't do the pads.
Speaker 14: So when you say they put that on the invoice, they put that on his original invoice.
Speaker 12: Yes, So then we I drove it and felt a clunk in it, so we took it to somebody else for a second opinion. And he looked at the brakes and he says, you know, he sent me a photo. The pads that are in there aren't even the correct size. So when he breaks, that pad is clanking back and forth within the caliber. So I took it back to the people that get break no.
Speaker 7: But that's why, you know a real shot. I mean, Jesse and I were just talking. He just stepped out. But I would not do that job. I would refuse, you know, no matter how much money a customer would offer me. That's just half a job. You can't do proper work. So a good shop wouldn't have done it.
Speaker 5: I heard one time a guy came in with his.
Speaker 12: Own they wouldn't have allowed him out of there. Well, see what I think they missed. They missed the pads that were on the vehicle weren't even the right size. They indicated that he had fifty percent of the wear but they completely missed the fact that they don't even fit properly. And my beef with them is why did you allow him to go out of the facility that way without telling him we won't do the work on this vehicle unless you do.
Speaker 7: Pad then roters Yep, no, I agree, So that's a good reason, and I go back.
Speaker 12: So when I confronted him, he got hot at me on the phone and to the point where I've had previous problems with this facility. My son, for whatever reason, had a loyalty to do business with them, and when I confronted him, why do you let him out of there this way? He got hot at me because he screwed me over on a repair previously. I gave him a bad review, and instead of focusing on the problem with my son's car, he jumped on my butt about a bad review I had left him and then refused to fix my son's car, so we had to take it somewhere else.
Speaker 7: Oh hello, hello, I'm not I'm not hearing you either.
Speaker 5: You're not hearing me. Hell, you're hearing me now? Good? Okay, So what do you want us to do?
Speaker 15: Well?
Speaker 12: I'd like to give out a fire beware to not go to this facility. You know, I wanted to get your guys's opinion as to if you consider that to be shoddy.
Speaker 5: I mean it's not okay.
Speaker 12: You would call how do you industry?
Speaker 16: Did you break that way?
Speaker 13: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Just time in there, bro com, I hear the sound of a huge axe being.
Speaker 5: Correct, That's what I was thinking.
Speaker 17: And you know, and I would boil it down. I would boil Craig's call down to this. And this is kind of oversimplifying it, but to make my point as this, this shop did not babysit my son to the greatest extent possible. I think that if we look at the original work order, we'll see that Craig's son declined new pads, which is why they put that on the UH on the work order, and I think that's what's going on.
Speaker 2: And furthermore, they.
Speaker 12: Completely, they completely you know, it took just one observation by somebody else to go okay, they didn't do the pad, but they let him go out of there with the wrong size pads. Not only you know, the existing pads, but the pads that were on there weren't even the right size from a previous UH.
Speaker 17: The sh I understand, Craig. What does the original work order say? Does it say customer declined new padsop?
Speaker 5: No, I don't think he hung up. Hold on, I don't think he hung up here.
Speaker 2: I think he got disconnected.
Speaker 4: No, no, there he is, Craig. Go ahead, No he did. I guess he's gone.
Speaker 2: Craig, please call us back.
Speaker 5: So what's your point there?
Speaker 2: Well, my point is id by the way talking.
Speaker 17: I predict that when the shop now, it would be great if Craig can email us the original work order, not the invoice. Yeah, and I predict that the shop says, hey, you need new rotors your you know, your brake pads are halfway down, and he declined in order to save money, which is understandable. He'd declined the new pads and he should have gotten them. And I think Craig's position could be boiled down to, hey, they didn't babysit this job. They should have told them.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well not so much told him. I mean we would not have done the work. Oh no, I would have put the tires back on and put it out in the parking once they come again.
Speaker 4: We had a guy one time, like I said, brought his own sparkplug said here, I had these spark plugs I found in my garage. You know, I mean, come on, there's certain customers you turn away. I got to take a break. I want to tell you about one Clear Choice Garage Doors for your garage doors, safety and beauty.
Speaker 5: They do garage.
Speaker 4: Doors in every part of the opener or the door itself. Twenty four to seven. Service all of their prices at the website. Here's the website. One Clear Choice Doors dot com the only company I use seven to zero three seven zero thirty nine eighty seven. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 5: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine here THREELL three seven to one three talk seven one three.
Speaker 5: Eight two five.
Speaker 4: Ive, don't forget the castle Rock Home Show starting today at noon castle Rock Home Show. And I'm telling you, man, you really really want this. It's it's a great show. And it's at the Douglas County Fairgrounds and they have more than four hundred people. I'm running down there tomorrow maybe hope to see you there. It's open today, tomorrow and Sunday. Castlerockhomeshow dot com for tickets. They're all free, free tickets, free parking. Now I'll go to Craig the issue with the oh way we did that? What did we conclude on this thing with Craig and his sun? Did he come back on?
Speaker 5: Craig? You're back up now, Craig.
Speaker 15: Yes, Tom real quick.
Speaker 18: I'll try to keep it.
Speaker 4: I guess what they're saying is you can't hold that shop responsible for what your son requested.
Speaker 5: Does that what it boils down to?
Speaker 19: Please listen.
Speaker 12: Yeah, he goes in for a break inspection. They tell him he needs rotors, but he has fifty percent left on his heads, so he assumes it's okay to leave those pads on there. They do not there may be a problem with noise, but what they failed to recognize with the pads that were on there were the incorrect size.
Speaker 5: Well why should they that was done by a previous shop, right, yeah, but he's bringing it.
Speaker 12: He's bringing them in to get fixed at a shop, and they don't they oversee, they looked okay.
Speaker 4: So let's let's examine that this guy's not all wet. You take your car in for a break inspection and they say you have fifty per pad left.
Speaker 5: You need rotors.
Speaker 4: But what what I think what Craig is saying makes sense. Why didn't they say, oh, by the way, they're the wrong pads.
Speaker 5: So we don't know what they said.
Speaker 14: All the paperwork says is that they that the customer declined the brakes.
Speaker 2: They could have said, hey.
Speaker 5: We recommend you and he's like, no, let's just do Could it.
Speaker 4: Be that they did recommend that he needs new pads.
Speaker 12: No, there's no notes of the pads being the incorrect size until we brought it. Okay, So let's and then because I brought it, I got.
Speaker 4: A game to play. And as I call it, therefore it's the therefore game. So you got to fill in the blank. And I'm serious. So my son took his car in for a break inspection.
Speaker 5: They said he needed new roads.
Speaker 4: They said his pads had fifty percent break life, but they failed to mention that they were the wrong pads. Therefore, fill in the blank. Therefore, Craig filling the blank, they.
Speaker 12: Should have never done the break service without insisting he'd do press.
Speaker 4: Therefore, therefore, what therefore he should get a full refund? Therefore what? Therefore? What what are you asking for?
Speaker 12: They told him to bring it in they would take care of the problem, and then when he brought it back, they said, it's going to cost you this much extra?
Speaker 5: How much extra?
Speaker 19: After saying that about two hundred and fifty extra?
Speaker 5: And was that for new pads, because that would be apropos No.
Speaker 20: Yes, new pads.
Speaker 4: But then I mentioned, because they don't have to pay for his pads just because they didn't note it there's the wrong pad, they don't have to buy them new ones.
Speaker 5: Guys, it's two fifty high for new pads.
Speaker 7: If they're just going to put pads on the roads they already put on there, that may be a little you know, they're going to help the guy out a hundred bucks, and maybe.
Speaker 14: Maybe they're saying, hey, we'll do the wrong What was it on them that they didn't note the pads were oversized.
Speaker 7: I think it's on them for doing half a job to start with.
Speaker 5: He just had this conversation this morning. What about you, Dimitri? What do you want to say?
Speaker 17: Well, what I want to say is that this issue hinges on what's written on the work order, because if the customer declined new pads, does the shop really then have a responsibility to examine the existing pads and see if they're the right pads or do they just go on with their life and say, I think the guy wants his old pad.
Speaker 5: Don't know.
Speaker 4: I think with a brake inspection, if they had the wrong pads on there and he declined pads, maybe they should have made a note.
Speaker 5: You know, we're doing the job, but you're wrong safety related.
Speaker 7: The shot takes respondibil.
Speaker 4: Are they willing to do anything right now? What are they willing to do right now?
Speaker 12: No, we had to take it somewhere else. This is why I'm calling Okay. They they didn't know. They completely missed the fact. If they go to the extent to measure the thickness of the pad, no I did it.
Speaker 4: If they went to the extent to measure the thickness. Why didn't they mention they were the wrong ones? And the answer is, I don't know. But what do they owe you because of it? That's what I'm trying to get from you. What do you think they know you?
Speaker 12: We've already we've already had the work done because they refuse.
Speaker 4: No, I know, But what part of that work do they owe you? I'm trying to get a number from you, Craig. What do they owe you?
Speaker 12: They don't owe us anything because they've dropped the ball from the word going. I don't want people going there.
Speaker 4: Okay, And what's the name of the place again? You have a right to say that, go ahead?
Speaker 13: Gay Lord's garage.
Speaker 4: Gay Lord's garage. Wait, that's an old garage. Hasn't that guy been around forever?
Speaker 5: Gay Lord's Garage?
Speaker 7: I don't know if this oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, gay lords.
Speaker 4: We never get complaints about then. Okay, I'm sorry it happened, Brot. We got to move on though. He brings up a good point. Susan h Suzanne, Suzanne, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: I'm Tom Martinez. What's going on? Suzanne? Oh?
Speaker 21: Hi, thank you so much for taking my call.
Speaker 5: Yes, Suzanne, what's going on?
Speaker 21: I'm a little nervous.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 21: Well, first of all, just why I'm calling this because I'm divorced, mom of free. I work a lot, about sixty five hours a week and I'll check the paycheck. So so this is really important. Whatever happened, you know, this is why I really need to make the right move here.
Speaker 15: Okay, So thank you so much.
Speaker 21: Okay, So this involved my daughter's car, which she bought for five thousand with her own money. And it's a twenty ten Volkswagen Teak and it has about one hundred and twenty thousand?
Speaker 4: Did anyone help her buy that car?
Speaker 5: Just me? Did you have it checked out?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 21: But the man who we bought it from works on he that's all he owns her Volkswagen.
Speaker 4: Okay, And well he fixed and flips him. That's what he does, I'll bet you. But anyway, let's get to the problem here. No, no, no, let's just talk about it. What's the problem here? What can we do for you?
Speaker 18: Okay?
Speaker 21: So the check engine came on?
Speaker 5: Drove it for Okay? When did she buy it? First? Let's get that. When did she buy it?
Speaker 21: About two years ago?
Speaker 22: Oh?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, okay, okay, two years ago.
Speaker 2: Got it?
Speaker 4: So now the check engine light came on recently? Yes, okay, all right, then what happened?
Speaker 21: Goes for a little bit, Okay, it just kind of started shaking then, not exactly sure how to describe it. We both witnessed it and sat in the car and it was just kind of shaking.
Speaker 16: It was very rough.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: Does she do regular maintenance, oil changes, adding oil and all that? Yeah, okay, so what happened? So engine light comes on and it starts shaking? Then what happens?
Speaker 21: Okay, So we had a guy who we had talked with before. His name is Marcus. He works for break Plus. So I called him and had it towed over there. And he has worked on volkswagons for about twenty five years, and so we felt pretty confident.
Speaker 15: And they everyone at breaks Plus if a vw.
Speaker 21: Comes in, they referred to him and he works for them. Okay, so had it toad over there. He spent several days on it. The charges are about sixteen hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Well the car's not okay, the car's not worth it, But what did they do for sixteen Well? Keep going now, first, keep going for your story, go.
Speaker 21: Ahead, Okay, So they replaced he did it ran a diagnostic and the main problem is a manifold, so he replaced that.
Speaker 5: And then what else?
Speaker 4: As long as you're as long as you he repairs. What are the main categories of repairs manifold?
Speaker 5: What else?
Speaker 21: Spark plugs, coils, that's all?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and to tune up obviously, yeah.
Speaker 16: Maybe yeah.
Speaker 5: Of course the.
Speaker 21: Problem is is that it still is misfiring, and so the car is inoperable.
Speaker 4: Is it doing the same exact thing it did before he did the repairs?
Speaker 21: It sounds like it.
Speaker 2: Okay, so hold on.
Speaker 4: Jesse, Jesse Schillinger, what do you think, honest accurate auto?
Speaker 5: What was the shaking? Do you think to begin with?
Speaker 14: It's hard to say, but definitely a misfire. Now you're saying it's still doing it? Did you, guys pick it up and it was still doing it when you picked it up, or it stopped and now it's come back.
Speaker 21: No, So just one more quick stns or two. He suggested that I toe it to have it towed to a place called Hardy Motor Works, and they are on Darton Parker, and so I went over there before I had it towed and a man there so that they will not take the car, and even if they did take the car, that they would take everything out that was replaced.
Speaker 4: Nobody wants to inherit an old problem. But why did this guy say, take it somewhere else? I would have said to him, wait a minute, I wait a minute. I paid sixteen hundred bucks. What do you mean to take it somewhere else? What do you mean take it somewhere else?
Speaker 21: You said that they don't have the proper tools.
Speaker 5: But what did he say? What was wrong with it? Did he say?
Speaker 4: What was wrong with it? Did you even need that sixteen hundred dollars?
Speaker 18: What's that?
Speaker 21: He said?
Speaker 16: It has to do it?
Speaker 21: Probably with a belt, with.
Speaker 2: A timing, with the timing chain, timing the timing chains.
Speaker 5: Okay, is it irretrievable or irreparable?
Speaker 14: Irrepertable? It's repairable. But he shouldn't have gone as far as he did in charge of them.
Speaker 4: In other words, that sixteen hundred may not have been needed. Thefold the intake manold, what the hell was he thinking?
Speaker 7: He had a vacuum leak? Probably, you know, so, I.
Speaker 5: Mean she should get some of that money back.
Speaker 7: He was just hut.
Speaker 5: He was, Hey, don't you agree she should get some of that money back? She paid sixteen hundred bucks. She may not have needed it.
Speaker 4: Still turns out she has another problem, which is a timing chain.
Speaker 6: Well, he's going to argue that he did the work.
Speaker 5: That's right, that's exactly right.
Speaker 14: But that's why the other shops denying taking this car because they want it back to normal before they get it.
Speaker 5: They don't.
Speaker 2: Dog.
Speaker 5: Would you be willing to call the guy and say, look, what's up?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll ask him if he'll over to find some of the money.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, okay, sixteen go ahead, but you.
Speaker 15: Know I have not paid.
Speaker 16: I haven't paid.
Speaker 5: Good dud doud dud dud. Then have him put it back to normal. One.
Speaker 4: Let's call him and ask how he feels about the repair. Anyway, But Doc, even though she didn't pay, I got to take a break. Three or three seven one three Hold on, okay, don't go away, says An. We're on your side here, three or three seven one three A two five five.
Speaker 5: We got more coming up.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing, Denver. It's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: Hi Tom Martinez here at three oh three seven one three talk seven one three two five five.
Speaker 23: Wow.
Speaker 4: You know what happens when car places do repairs you don't need, but they try to go after the problem, and you do get the service, You do get the part.
Speaker 5: But it's not what you went in for.
Speaker 4: I often used to say, not often used to say, still say it too that you can create a mini contract with your repair invoice.
Speaker 5: If they said we're going to we're going to replace.
Speaker 4: In this case they replace the spark plugs, coils and manifold, you can put down too, correct, this, this and this. You can do that on a new voice, and then they put their money where their mouth is. Many shops Hunt and Peck Kevin, explain what you've seen with some of these chain operations.
Speaker 7: Well, that's that's exactly what we see. They all come in with misfire issues and they all come in with new plugs, coils and injectors, and then they throw their hands up and you know, they say, you're going to take what else? Yeah, and now now we got to be mechanics. Now you got to figure it out. But you can't hope that they did it right either. That's the challenge.
Speaker 4: They're all right for repair, for remove and replace if it's a full, if they find the right thing, but finding it's the key. What I want to know is why would they have done this without checking all the other elements.
Speaker 14: Because they don't have the equipment. He said that to their they don't have the tools to.
Speaker 5: Check the others. I mean timing, that's basic, isn't it. Not on a time Jane, you go into it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's que the timing of a car. You don't have to go into anything.
Speaker 7: It's internal. You got pulling covers off to inspecre And.
Speaker 8: Like Chesse was saying too during the break, the odds are it wasn't just missfire coats she had in there. She probably had cam codes or something. It would have led you down that path.
Speaker 5: But is there a code that would have indicated timing? Absolutely? Yep, absolutely, And if.
Speaker 4: They knew how to read it, they would have said, oh, this is a timing issue. I think they threw repairs at her. She didn't need thinking. Look, at least we'll get some money out of this woman.
Speaker 7: Hope, ope, for the best.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm thinking. That's what I'm thinking. I don't know the situation that breaks plus anymore. They used to be family owned and operated. Larry used to be in charge and his sons. I don't know who's got it now or what's going on. I can't say we get an abundance of complaints about him, but we're certainly going to have Deputy Doc look into this. One h three oh three seven one three talks seven one three A two five five.
Speaker 5: Now let's go to uh.
Speaker 4: Christy has an update. I want to go to Jan. She's been waiting longest, Jan, and then I'll go to Christy. Thank you, Jan, Let's talk to you. What's going on?
Speaker 5: Jan?
Speaker 20: Hey Tom, Tom, it's Jan. Yeah, I'm a guy.
Speaker 5: What's happening.
Speaker 20: I have a problem with Wheels America.
Speaker 5: Wheels America what what is Wheels America.
Speaker 20: So they're kind of a They're a firm that the insurance companies go to and car claims. They referb OEM wheels. So let's say you got a crash, you got to replace the OEM wheel and then you know they the insurance company will get a referb from them.
Speaker 5: And they're called their Wheels America. Got it? Okay, So tell me what's going on.
Speaker 20: So I have a vehicle where the OEM wheels were getting pretty trash, so I they I ordered three of the referbs from them, and they give you a credit.
Speaker 2: Now, now, are you.
Speaker 4: An individual that just wanted to replace your wheels?
Speaker 5: What's the story with you?
Speaker 20: Definitely, I'm an individual. I just wanted to get some refirm wheels on my OEM car. I got you, and so I took the the original wheel off the spare tire and that was one of the four. And then I ordered three referms from Wheels America.
Speaker 7: Got it.
Speaker 20: And and when you get those, they send you the wheels and then you can throw them the boxes and they give you a free shipping return and they give you a credit for the Okay.
Speaker 5: So okay, So it's an exchange exactly.
Speaker 20: Yeah, but I tell you know, I obviously bought three wheels that were referbed got it, got it, yeah, get They give you a lifetime warranty, yeah wheels.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 20: Oh I've had them a while. And now they're when did you order?
Speaker 5: When did you order these?
Speaker 20: Couple of years ago?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: And so what's wrong with them that would be covered under their warranty?
Speaker 20: There, they're they're crazing whatever. It's like if it's clearcoat, uh huh, I know what the process is, the is, but they have there's like a crazy it's all spider web.
Speaker 5: On the How long is the warranty?
Speaker 20: Did you say lifetime?
Speaker 5: And but what is it a lifetime warranty against?
Speaker 20: Well, that's why that's why i'm calling.
Speaker 4: Did you read the lifetime I mean the lifetime warranty?
Speaker 2: Go ahead?
Speaker 20: Yeah, I sent this in. I wrote this up, sent this and I sent you guys.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at it. I'm going to look at it right now. I have your email, so let me look at it.
Speaker 14: Their website says guaranteed on guaranteed control work and finished work as well.
Speaker 4: So finish would be the crazing. If the clearcoat is crazing. It's probably the clear coote.
Speaker 5: Don't you think I would assume that's what I'm thinking?
Speaker 2: Or when they whatever.
Speaker 5: Bake did it didn't do what? Who diagnosed it? Jan? Just you yourself?
Speaker 7: I did, yes?
Speaker 5: And what do they say to you?
Speaker 20: I just said, I sent the pictures in. I said, hey, you know, here's the problem in the wheel, and you have to warranty.
Speaker 23: What do I do?
Speaker 20: And and they came back and said, now it's not covered by warranty. And I said, well, what's what is the warranty covered? And they gave me like four reasons, which is in that email.
Speaker 5: Now do you see that? Do you see the pictures here? Guys?
Speaker 4: That low moment? To me, that looks like roadwear. I mean, is is roadware different? But look at that he's calling that crazy. I'm calling that gravel. I mean, I don't see it crazy. It would be crazy on this part too, in the center. It's only on the absolute edge of the rim where you might be driving.
Speaker 5: See it on there, guys. But but here's what I want to ask.
Speaker 4: I want Jan to be covered, But is our road conditions covered that We're all looking at this photo and if you want to picture it. It's a pick sure of a photo and looks like a bunch of rock scratches around the edges. But the middle, the middle is not crazy at all. So that tells me it's the road doing it. Listen, I'm not I'm not disputing with you that it definitely is wearing. My question is does it does it? Is it a guarantee against road rash? That's what that is in my opinion. First of all, do you guys agree it's road rash or not?
Speaker 7: I mean, it kind of looks like a rub on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it doesn't look like it's a defect in the.
Speaker 14: Finish, is what I'm saying, because the fact that the middle's not defective is I'm sure what they're arguing.
Speaker 5: It's not defective all the way, Did they give you a reason for the rejection?
Speaker 4: Because I'm not I see your email here, I just don't have time to read live on the air all of it.
Speaker 5: Did they actually did they give you a reason?
Speaker 20: Yeah? I mean I'm not looking at a time, but they gave me like four reasons whatever. But I'm telling you it's not road rash. Okay, I get there's a picture of the oe M wheel that was installed at the same time of their three, and that has zero of that on it.
Speaker 5: You're saying the finish did not hold up. It is road rash. What you're saying is the finish didn't hold up.
Speaker 20: The fish didn't hold up. It's that roads the other.
Speaker 4: So we're both saying the same thing, except one thing is different. It absolutely positively is coming from the road because of where it is, you can trace that. Why then tell me why isn't the rest of the wheel crazing. Why is it only crazing around the very edge where the tire meets the road.
Speaker 20: Now there's there's more. It goes beyond the edge of the wheel. You know, I didn't send you pictures of the other two, but it goes beyond the eden.
Speaker 5: Either it's road rash or it's not. But see, here's what I'm saying to you. Even if it is road rash, you can.
Speaker 4: Make the argument that the finish did not hold up. And that's what you're guarantee is even if it is road rash. To argue with those people about what it is, if they want to get technical, doesn't matter. Your finish did not hold up, did you look at exclusions.
Speaker 20: Now, I don't have the list of you know, I just wrote back, can you.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm looking at your email.
Speaker 4: In your email, did you did you leave me a copy of the entire warranty?
Speaker 20: I don't have the copy of the entire warranty. Okay, Look at guys say lifetime warranty doesn't matter who did, YadA YadA, So it's pretty open ended.
Speaker 15: Hey, Jen, and I was jammed.
Speaker 18: Yes.
Speaker 17: Hey, while they're looking at your photos, you said that the denial letter listed four reasons that they denied the warranty claim. What were those four reasons?
Speaker 20: That's why I said, I don't have this pulled up, and that's why I put it all together and email that night.
Speaker 4: I gotta take a break. Hold on, I got to take this break go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 5: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ripped New needs who you don't have to run anxious success as we can. Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come six is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 5: No Tom Martino, him Tom Martino here, don't forget right now.
Speaker 4: In about an hour, the Castle Rock Home Show opens. Unbelievable four hundred or more vendors and two giant indoor buildings. Come rain or shine, they'll have at free parking, free tickets. So Rockholmeshow dot com. You know I love that more than the one in Denver. And I'll tell you why. It's wide open. You don't have to deal with downtown you and you or the stock show area. This place is wide open in beautiful Douglas County Douglas County fair Grounds and they have you can just take your time and walk around. And it's Castlerock Homeshow dot Com. And you'll have such a good time. I hope to see you there tomorrow. Anyway, let's keep going here. So today's car Day. I have Kevin Collking with me from Sheridan Autotech, Jeffickimera Transmission, and Jesse Schillinger drove up from Colorado Springs Honest Accurate Auto and thank you all for being here. We've been talking about what happens when you do repairs, and I just want to put it out there.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: I have always said when you take an older car in, or a car that has multiple problems, or a car that has.
Speaker 4: A problem, any one of them, it could be you come in with a symptom. You come in with something happening. That's what usually brings the consumer to a repair shop. They hear a rattle, they feel a bump, they have a knock, they have a weird vibration. Something makes them go into the shop. The shop looks around, and it could be that the shop recommends things they do need, but it will not it will not cure the problem they came in for. But they say something like, well, you need this, and you need this. The consumer doesn't often ask will that correct this or this?
Speaker 18: You see?
Speaker 5: I don't know what mechanics think.
Speaker 4: When so you have a car that comes in and it needs multiple items, do you tell people, look, I know you came in for this knock, but it also needs this, which may or may not fix this.
Speaker 14: Absolutely, Yeah, we do a full vehicle inspection report and we explain to the customer that all this stuff doesn't need to be handled now, but we do this to make sure we're both right.
Speaker 5: So but what if what what you do doesn't fix the problem?
Speaker 18: What do you so?
Speaker 4: My scenario is this, if it needed it anyway, and they consent it to it and you disclose, it may or may not.
Speaker 5: Fix the problem. I think you're in the clear.
Speaker 4: But what do you think in general when you do a repair, because this has happened to all of us, I mean all of you.
Speaker 5: If you do a repair that did not fix the problem, what.
Speaker 18: Do you do?
Speaker 8: Sure? I mean it happens all the time. I mean you mentioned bumps and clunks, So I can't tell you how many vehicles I've gotten into. We're driving down the road, we hear three different noises.
Speaker 5: So what do you do?
Speaker 8: You actually have to get the customer in the car with you to identify which noise is that you're looking for me to fix.
Speaker 5: Okay, So if you do a repair and it doesn't fix it, what.
Speaker 8: If I recommended it and it didn't If if I told them I didn't know what was going to fix it, but you need it done anyway, then that was a fair different, right, you know. If I did it and I said, yes, this is going to take care of your complaint, well, I mean I kind of have to eat that. I was the one that recommend it.
Speaker 5: Do you feel the same way, guys?
Speaker 7: Absolutely?
Speaker 4: Absolutely so, then, Deputy Doc, what did breaks plus say? These guys are saying if they recommended it and it needed it, they said, and it doesn't fix the problem, they would eat it. But if they said, look, this may or may not, or you need this anyway, that's a different story. What did they say at breaks plus about the repair?
Speaker 24: They said that they threw a code that was the manifold they replaced, that it was still showing a random misfire. They put in spark plugs and coil that didn't fix it. They didn't charge you for the diagnostic, They didn't charge you for the coil and spark plug, either product or labor. And he felt that what they did was worth sixteen hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: They said what they did was worth sixteen hundred and she needed it anyway, right, Okay, did they ever tell her that would cure the problem or did they say that they just went by the code.
Speaker 6: Did not ask that, but it sounds like they went by the code.
Speaker 4: Okay, So Kevin, if you go by the code code, can you be called that's not negligent?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 4: If you go buy the code? Is there such a code that might say intake manifold?
Speaker 5: There's no codes there.
Speaker 7: The exact same code came back, but there's no definitive code. I shouldn't say there aren't any. There's a few that if you get a code, the computer is condemned. I mean there's a couple. But code is just the start. That's not the that's not inclusive to anything.
Speaker 5: Yeah, autos on polls codes for free for free.
Speaker 14: They'll even tell you what part may fix it, and you can buy it, but it doesn't always clear your light.
Speaker 4: So they did the manifold, but I take issue with them based on these guys research that they did not charge for anything else. First of all, a manifold at full list price is four hundred bucks.
Speaker 5: Did you say yeah?
Speaker 2: From Bultimore dealer list is for sixteen.
Speaker 4: You guys found refurbished ones for two hundred. So let's say full list, full list, four hundred sure, how much labor to put it in full?
Speaker 2: Three point nine hours?
Speaker 4: How much would that cost? Eight hundred bucks eight hundred plus four hundred twelve hundred?
Speaker 5: And what was she charged?
Speaker 7: Sixteen?
Speaker 5: Well, okay, so she paid for the coils and plugs is what they did? Yeah, she they they did not throw in this. So so basically she got what she paid for and she did pay for it. So they're bsing us. They but she paid full retail for that. It didn't fix the problem, but he said she needed it anyway. I think it's going to be barking up the wrong tree to try to get that money back.
Speaker 14: I think it's going to be I think the best thing she's going to get is they recommended the Great Bolkswagen Shop.
Speaker 8: So yeah, yeah, no, Hardy's is a quality, quality place. I believe she said she had not paid them yet. Now, the argument was that Hardy would not accept the vehicle until they returned it back to the way it was.
Speaker 5: Why they want Bolkswagen Harty wants them to take out what they put in.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because he can't trust the work they did. He would have to redo or recheck everything they did before he can start.
Speaker 5: But what did they do exactly?
Speaker 7: Plugs coils in an intake.
Speaker 5: He wants them to take off the intake manifold. What does he put in his place?
Speaker 7: Well, originally wants the original.
Speaker 5: That's unreasonable.
Speaker 2: I don't think you don't think.
Speaker 7: It's what if they screwed up the installation of the intake medicine?
Speaker 5: Okay, then just take the old parts with you to the new place.
Speaker 2: But why don't do it all?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 7: I mean somebody's gonna have to go back and double check their work.
Speaker 5: This is terrible. This is a terrible situation. I don't know. So, so basically, right now, Jan, what what do we advise Jan to do?
Speaker 6: Suzanne?
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm sorry, Suzanne. Oh yeah, that's the take one. So what do we recommend to do?
Speaker 24: He recommended he sent his, uh, his daughter's car to next Auto Care, which he said is really good with volkswagons.
Speaker 6: So I said, well, that's a if hotties won't take it. And he's recommending Next.
Speaker 24: Autokare where he sent one of his either a daughter or an employee's daughter, then I would suggest going over there and seeing if they'll take the car.
Speaker 5: What is the what do they think it is right now anyway, No, no, but there was some talk.
Speaker 4: Okay, I think they told her that. Yeah, okay, I got a text here about Tom. When are you gonna address the helicopter accident? I really will, and I'll do it with all my experience. I'm not an expert at re reconstructing accident sits that don't claim to be. But i will tell you this that when I was learning to fly helicopters, and even now, what happened to that helicopter is textbook. I would bet anyone, and I mean anyone as to what happened. And I'll go over that in a few minutes. I'll bet anyone because I how it happened or why it happened. But what happened is very very very very clear, and I'm going to walk you through the actual steps that went they went through.
Speaker 2: It's textbook.
Speaker 4: It's not like I'm some Sherlock Holmes taking some clues and saying, wait a.
Speaker 5: Minute, could this have happened? Maybe that happened, Then this happened.
Speaker 4: And I know the NTSB knows that they know exactly what happened, they just don't know why it happened.
Speaker 5: And I'll explain that.
Speaker 4: And also it's something that could never happen, let's say, in my helicopter, but it can happen in the Bell two six. What's the difference. Well, some helicopters have two big blades, right, looks like one long blade, but it's two of them, and then some have three, four and five. Well, there's something you're going to learn about the two bladed helicopters that no one really talks about because most.
Speaker 5: People never get into that situation. All right, let's keep going here. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. So the CRV Honda, Christy has a follow up and I should take her. Now, Christy, and who worked on this? Did you?
Speaker 4: D D worked on it? Get that, Mike d And Christy's calling in for for a follow up? When did she call in?
Speaker 2: Originally it was about two or three weeks ago, or so, okay.
Speaker 5: Two or three weeks ago. What was the original problem?
Speaker 18: D Well?
Speaker 17: Christy called us because she bought a brand new Honda CRV Hybrid from a dealer in Colora Springs and the car had a couple of problems.
Speaker 5: Now, all of those guys, I'm trying to find it.
Speaker 2: Oh, Christy, do you remember what when you actually called in first?
Speaker 5: Hold on, let me bring her up.
Speaker 2: Okay, Christy, when when did you when did you first call us?
Speaker 25: I don't have the date, but it's been about a month.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, God, God and so so.
Speaker 17: Jesse from an honest, accurate Auto addressed one of her major concerns, which is he did discover a faulty HVAC system, which was repaired under warranty. But the problem that Christy has been struggling with since then is this car, under some circumstances, makes this.
Speaker 4: Oh no, that's the high pitch noise that no one can hear except well, hold on, before you get to the good news. This high pitch noise. People could swear they could hear it. And you played it for me yesterday after the show Temitry and and then I said to meet you.
Speaker 5: I think you're bs me. So here's what I did.
Speaker 4: I said, turn your back to turn your back to me, give me your phone. I'm going to play the sound and I'm going to turn the sound off and play it like a hearing test. I want you to raise your hand when you hear it. So I got a few paces behind him, and I would make believe like I tapped the screen, but I didn't really turn it on, and he'd just sit there, sit there. And as soon as I mean, as soon as I made that sound, I played the sound. He heard it and I heard nothing. I said, this is impossible, and he could hear it. There is a spectrum, as you call a spectrum, or I don't hear.
Speaker 7: I wrote, with both of them in the car, did you hear it? I didn't hear a thing, And there it is, And I thought they were. I thought they were just.
Speaker 5: There's something to be said about being on another wave.
Speaker 6: To hear high frequency sounds.
Speaker 5: Yeah, is that right? In being a rock and roll drummer? Did in help well?
Speaker 2: And anyway?
Speaker 5: Anyway? So where do we stand?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 17: So I contacted several three Honda dealerships to get their help in diagnosing this, and the one that really jumped into action was Mile High Honda.
Speaker 5: And oh yeah, you said they were really really attentive.
Speaker 17: Oh, very attentive. The GM referred this matter to one of their service managers. She didn't even buy the car there, No, she didn't. They're just being an expert.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 2: They were absolutely we should put them on our angels list.
Speaker 5: What happened then?
Speaker 17: Oh so we had an appointment with Devon, who's one of the service managers over there. And one of the really impressive things about dealing with my Honda is that, in anticipation of Christy having to leave their car there for diagnostics, they had already arranged for a free loaner car for.
Speaker 2: Free to take back to Carter Springs.
Speaker 5: They didn't have toy, did not even sale or anything, and they did.
Speaker 18: That for her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they did.
Speaker 17: So Christy and I and Devin went for a test drive and we did the same kind of test you did on me, which is when I heard that sound, I would raise my hand and Devon heard it.
Speaker 5: Every Kevin, you went for a ride, you didn't hear it, not.
Speaker 7: A ped So what is the noise?
Speaker 2: Well, I'll leave it up to Christy. Chris already picked tell us what happened?
Speaker 15: All right?
Speaker 25: Well, within a couple hours, Devin and his tech Roberto, and Roberto, by the way, could not hear the noise that he could feel the air pressure like Dmitrie this, but they fixed it, like within three hours they fixed it. It was the steering gear rubber grammet was misplaced at the factory, allowing engine noise and air to enter the cabin.
Speaker 5: How the hell did they find it?
Speaker 25: Well, that's what it sounded like, was noise and air coming into the cabin. I mean I even suggested that to the other shop that maybe it's something that the firewall is not sound or sound barrier.
Speaker 4: I want to give kudos to my Honda. This is a car they never sold, This is a car they never serviced. This is a car we asked them to take a look at, right or just she oh I did? I called them and they did you just call them a random Yeah?
Speaker 17: I called three Honda dealerships, left three voicemails for GMS.
Speaker 2: This is the only one that acted on my voicemail.
Speaker 5: And so they had nothing to do with this except they wanted to help. I swear to you, this is unbelievable.
Speaker 25: To mile high Honda, Devin Roberto shout out to Dimitri for test driving with me and Q with Malehai, and to Austin honest, accurate.
Speaker 5: Jesse, But not to Uncle Kevin who couldn't hear it. He just took up space in the car. But anyway, this is great. This is really great, Christy Man d.
Speaker 9: D.
Speaker 5: I swear to god, I thought it was more of him. I don't know, I just I just never knew that they were going to be able to find it like this, not only find it, but fix it. The air coming through that tiny grammed area.
Speaker 4: Wow, mile high Honda. Today, I don't have my dinger with me, bo. I shouldn't say that, but can you give them the dinger?
Speaker 5: Shannon?
Speaker 4: Because well, these guys didn't have to do anything. They stepped up and found it and fixed it. So I do believe I should give my dinger today.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 4: You know that extra sound is not needed, Shannon. God, what a what a juvenile? What a juvenile? By the way, did I take the fifteen?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I'm okay. I gotta take a break.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance checkup, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two, Artino here three oh three seven one three talks seven one three two five five.
Speaker 5: So, uh, I don't know.
Speaker 4: We just uh we just uh are mystified by some of the calls we get. And then Christy, she's got it fixed. She's got it fixed. The sound was fixed, and hats off to mile high. Let's go back to the phones. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 4: And that is Chris with Verizon. Hey, Chris, let's go to you right now. What's going on? What's going on?
Speaker 5: Chris? Hi?
Speaker 15: Tom?
Speaker 5: Yes, sir?
Speaker 9: About a year ago, last summer, Verizon ran a promo where you traded in your old phone and you could get an iPhone sixteen free. And so we trained in four of them. They've gave us credit for two, but not the other two. I've called them.
Speaker 5: Wait, this has been going on since when.
Speaker 9: The summertime, and so four so you just never got the.
Speaker 5: Full incentive, correct, we got two out of four? Well what do they say about that? I mean, it's so things like this should be so simple, what do they say?
Speaker 9: They say, At first they said, we never received the other two. Then when I provided the tracking number, we'll look into it. Then I call the next month.
Speaker 5: What do you mean they never received? What do you mean they never received? What are we talking about?
Speaker 7: What do you mean?
Speaker 4: So you had to say, okay, so you had it was an exchange program four for four correct. Okay, so the two that they claim they never got, do you have proof of delivery?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 9: I provided the tracking number to them the next month they said, yes, we see we did reach.
Speaker 5: What are they doing about it? Are they tell me how this is affecting you?
Speaker 9: My monthly bill? They just charged me yesterday because I got to the point where I'm like, I'm not paying you another dime till this is on.
Speaker 4: You mean you need Wait a minute, you mean you're not paying them another dime on anything?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's kind of weird because you can't.
Speaker 2: Do it that way.
Speaker 9: Likely they owed me a credit.
Speaker 13: So no, I know that.
Speaker 4: But so the credit never showed up for those other two phones and your normal bill you were paying.
Speaker 5: But when did you stop paying your normal.
Speaker 18: Bill a couple of months ago?
Speaker 17: You're going to be on the losing end of this one, brother, Chris, you better make it fast because I think we're about to hear a dial tone.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 9: No, they don't even know that already happened.
Speaker 5: So what did they do, Chris? Did they cancel you?
Speaker 9: So they turned the phone off and then they're like, we need payment to turn it back home.
Speaker 5: Oh you do need Chris.
Speaker 4: You certainly know the difference right between one problem and the other. Yeah, I know you were trying to get their attention. I know exactly what.
Speaker 18: You were doing, and I thought that was the only way. But anyhow, the bill's up to date.
Speaker 9: And so they charged me connects THEE and I still don't have credit for two of the phone.
Speaker 5: How much does the credit? How much does the credit come up to right now?
Speaker 2: That they owe you?
Speaker 9: They divided over two years at about sixty dollars a month.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, you are going to get sixty dollars a month for twenty four months?
Speaker 18: Right?
Speaker 9: They bill you sixty dollars on your bill, and then they credit you sixty dollars right now.
Speaker 5: And they're doing that for two phones only, but the other two they're not.
Speaker 9: Correct the other cure.
Speaker 17: Fine, Hey, Chris, did you did you enter into this transaction at a Verizon corporate store or Sell Plus store.
Speaker 2: Where was this store where you went?
Speaker 18: This was calling in this over Theoh so you were dealing.
Speaker 17: Directly with Chris, I mean with Verizon. So Tom, I have a very similar, ongoing current problem with Verizon. About a year ago, I bought a new phone that Sell Plus and Loveland and they're exclusively a dealer for Verizon.
Speaker 18: Fact.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but when he calls, he's calling corporate.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I did. I had to too, So they were supposed to.
Speaker 17: So I bought a new phone and the promotion that they had was you buy this phone, you financed it over thirty six months at zero percent interest, and every month we credit your bill for the thirty six dollars a month we payment on the phone. So it's supposed to be a free phone, provided you committed to a three year service contract. So Chris, what happened with me is they never began this credit to my bills. Now I have multiple recorded calls with me and Verizon Corporate as well as me and Cell Plus store up in Loveland, and they keep assuring me that they're going to take care of it. I'm going to get a credit and then they're going to make up for all the money that they should have credited me for and nothing.
Speaker 2: So month after month, I'm still paying.
Speaker 5: So what's this story?
Speaker 2: I'm going to take them to court. That's gonna be. That's going to be in about two weeks. I'm going to file. What else can I do? I'm not going to stop paying my bill.
Speaker 9: Exact situation except two years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I predict that you might have to take them to small claims?
Speaker 4: Are he's still so they're charging you for the phone, the sixty, but not crediting you for two of them, right, No, his his story is a little.
Speaker 5: No, it's exactly what I said.
Speaker 4: They are charging him one hundred and twenty dollars a month that for two phones that should be zero because they're not crediting him. He's not getting the corresponding credit. So your bill every month is one hundred. See, I wouldn't pay that increased amount that So your bill each month is one hundred and twenty dollars higher than it should be.
Speaker 9: Thanksty I thought you said two phones two piece, thirty a piece?
Speaker 4: Okay, But but okay, so I wouldn't pay that part of the bill. I would pay the other part only, That's what I would do.
Speaker 17: They're going to turn them off again, you think, so, dude, their computer doesn't know why he's monthly check is thirty dollars short or sixty dollars right, it's just going to cumulate.
Speaker 5: But he's got it with something you recommend Small claims score? What else?
Speaker 2: I ran out of options.
Speaker 17: I have tape after tape after tape of Verizon and Sell Plus promising me my credits, and they never have.
Speaker 2: So what what else can I do? I'm just going to file.
Speaker 9: Well, if they shut your phone off after you win in court.
Speaker 2: I'm afraid service when I file.
Speaker 9: Oh, it's exhausting.
Speaker 5: It is exhausting. So where do we stand? Small claims? Gordy does? What do you think to meet true?
Speaker 2: I'm not offering legal advice.
Speaker 17: Logistically, Yeah, so what I I've already written up the lawsuit, so now I just have to drive up to Weld County and file it.
Speaker 5: And and you don't have to write a lot of legal ease.
Speaker 23: No.
Speaker 17: In fact, I think small claims prefers that you don't write a lot of legal ease. They just want to you know, you just want to tell the story. So I'm going to tell the story, and I have screenshots of the promotion, and uh, you know, in my packet of exhibits there will be all of these audio recordings and even a copy of the bill of sale which says, hey, it's a free, free promotion. You're supposed to get a monthly credit for thirty six months. So it doesn't take much to tell the story. And frankly, I don't want to go up and down, you know, the highway to Weld County and back.
Speaker 2: But what other option do I have? Tom?
Speaker 5: Now, I get it.
Speaker 4: I get it, and I think that's what you should do, Bro. And if you need help, D can help you. Leave your number if you need him to just talk to you, not about the actual wording of a lawsuit, but how.
Speaker 18: To do it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, let's me.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 5: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance checkup, free, no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one. Help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: Hey Tom Martine.
Speaker 4: Here three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 5: Let's go to Clint.
Speaker 4: He has an issue with service of some kind. Welcome and by the way, people you can call with any and all problems. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 11: And uh.
Speaker 4: Also, we're gonna tell you if you're a beer lover about a grand opening you're gonna want to know about. Plus, don't forget Castle Rock Home Show this weekend starting at noon, starting in just fifteen minutes Douglas County Fairgrounds for free tickets and parking and everything. Go to Castle Rockholmeshow dot com. You're gonna love it. Castlerockholmeshow dot com. Now, Clint, what's going on?
Speaker 18: Oh?
Speaker 9: I bought this time.
Speaker 13: A few months ago. I got it into the shop almost immediately get some.
Speaker 5: Problems, Clint, Clint, what was it? A used what.
Speaker 13: Two thousand and eight Tia Sorrenttha And.
Speaker 5: You see what you said is you got it into the shop as soon as possible.
Speaker 4: That would have been before I bought it, But you're talking about after you bought it.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I realized with a huge part, I'd probably have to do some stuff, but went I bought it. The battery was insufficient to keep the vehicle going.
Speaker 15: And the way the dealers, I thought, I heard this beere?
Speaker 4: Did you you called already once? Didn't you about this? In fact, I had the call here and what it said was let me go through it. You have a two thousand and eight Kia sor Rent one hundred and thirty six thousand miles on it. You firstly three months ago Checked Angel came on and you paid fifteen hundred dollars for a crank, cran chefs censor on the sensor and some maintenance. You picked it up Check Engine Life still came on. So what do we complain? We're not complaining about by the way, even though it's probably a crap dealership, because you bought it in Longmont, in Longmont Greeley Weld County is bad.
Speaker 5: I don't think there's a good dealer up there. But what I'd like to ask.
Speaker 13: Yet, actually I bought it at three but the auto sales in Aurora.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, Then what are you doing up in Longmont to get a service here?
Speaker 2: Oh okay?
Speaker 13: So I took it over to the local Kia dealership and I sent you guys all.
Speaker 5: The But tell me, what are you calling about today?
Speaker 13: So I've had it in their shops several times to take care of this huh engine light.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and they want to.
Speaker 13: Keep it for days and days and days, right, and it's it's my main vehicle for getting back and forth.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 13: I don't really had it put in their shots until it can scratch your heads long enough to figure it out.
Speaker 4: Well, well, so what are you calling about? It's I don't exactly know what problem you're calling about.
Speaker 13: Face the canned chef, censor the chefs.
Speaker 2: But you told us all of that yesterday.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know what he's calling about.
Speaker 5: I just need to know what you're calling about. I want to help you, man, But what are you calling about that they can't get it fixed? What do you think they should do? Give you a car to use or what?
Speaker 19: Oh?
Speaker 13: I want him to fix the problem that that engine like keeps coming on.
Speaker 4: And this is an independent this is an independent shop. You took it to after you bought it right dealer, that the KEYD dealer. Oh I'm sorry, okay, but.
Speaker 7: He spent thirty five hundred bucks with them and it still has the same problem to.
Speaker 4: Get what the fixed at a dealer. He's spent thirty five hundred and can't get it fixed. Yes, what did we How did we take this yesterday? It says here or the issue? There's no issue? When it was closed?
Speaker 5: Exactly what does that mean?
Speaker 4: I mean, did he not? He has a clear problem? So why did we market no problem? I'm looking at yesterday's notes.
Speaker 5: I wasn't here.
Speaker 4: So three months ago he buys a two thousand and eight Kiss to rent one hundred and thirty six thousand miles.
Speaker 5: Now, I don't think they owe you anything.
Speaker 4: But you said the check engine light came on, and the check engine light okay, and they can't figure it out.
Speaker 5: That's the bottom line.
Speaker 18: Thanks for it.
Speaker 2: Well then you know.
Speaker 17: I think one of the options we discussed during yesterday's call is that if the car is drivable, maybe you make an appointment to bring it into Kevin's.
Speaker 4: That's probably what we should do, and then argue everything. I think that's a great idea. D take it over.
Speaker 5: Get can you drive your car?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, By the way, have you you spent thirty five hundred what was that money spent for? That would piss me off? What the crank sensor is? That is thirty five hundred hefty for that?
Speaker 5: Well, you would need to know all the parts that were thrown at it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they put a wiring harness on it. They put a bunch of stuff on it.
Speaker 2: What Okay, was it work he needed done?
Speaker 5: Anyway?
Speaker 4: Because this is the used car he bought up with one hundred and thirty six thousand miles.
Speaker 7: They were trying to solve a problem. They weren't fixing anything. Well, are they even still chasing the same code? Are they chasing something the same code?
Speaker 5: So you're saying they probably just you know, they racked up a bill.
Speaker 18: Yep.
Speaker 4: I mean I'm so tired of these people, these that don't know what they're doing. Okay, so what do you want any of that money back?
Speaker 7: You should get some of it.
Speaker 13: The fishing trips.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're exactly right. That wasn't They are taking a lot of fishing trips. Listen, this is a this is an ongoing problem.
Speaker 5: People.
Speaker 4: We get this all the time on car day, spending money for no reason. Spending money for no reason. Should they keep charging him when they're nothing but idiots? And the problem is still not fixed. How can a dealer not figure out a check engine light? They're the dealer, they represent the manufacturer.
Speaker 14: But they're still hiring people fresh out of school because they don't want to pay the people that have been there for years. It's easier to hire somebody, bring them in and let the other people go. So then they have people with very limited knowledge just throwing parts of cars. God' and it's gonna get it, by the way too. It's not getting better, guys, it's getting worse.
Speaker 5: It's getting worse. All right. I got to take a break and we're going to figure out what the hell to do with this one.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero six Steen twenty two. All right, let's go Castlerockhomeshow dot com. That's Castle Rockhomeshow dot com. The best home show in the state bar none. More than four hundred people displaying their wares. Companies, windows, siding, doors of basement solutions, concrete solutions, cabinets, countertops, appliances, you have, I mean everything, builders home You're gonna love it. Free tickets, free parking, Castle Rock Home Show dot Com. All right, I wanna keep going here Clint again with his service. Here he bought a two thousand and eight Kia Sorrento, took it to the shop and continue your story, Clint.
Speaker 13: Yeah, so, like I said, they've been on a fishing expedition.
Speaker 5: Yeah, of all these how much have you how much have you paid so far?
Speaker 13: It's for this dealership. It's been twenty no, thirty five hundred. Basically, what did you.
Speaker 5: Get for thirty five hundred? What did you get for thirty five hundred?
Speaker 13: They did some break changes, some alignment, but then after all of that they said, well, you know there's I said, there's a shake in the front end and they're shimmy in the front end. Well, that's because the tires are chopping. Well, then it would have been there in the first place.
Speaker 2: So what are you saying.
Speaker 4: Are you saying that you did not get value from the thirty five hundred or what is your main complaint?
Speaker 13: I got some value?
Speaker 18: Yes?
Speaker 2: What you did you pay that?
Speaker 5: You just? Did you pay them yet?
Speaker 18: Yes?
Speaker 4: I have What are you calling about? Do you want some money back or do you want to find another shop?
Speaker 5: Or what do you want?
Speaker 13: Well, I want the diagnostic and the and the money for the parts that they put on that did not.
Speaker 4: Get the guys, what do you think they do they own well, because they never Are you saying they never fixed the problem?
Speaker 5: Right? What was the original complaint? The check engine light? Check engine light and they can't figure it out?
Speaker 18: Right?
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer, Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ripped News need advice so you don't have the come running just as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 3: Man six is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martine.
Speaker 5: Hey, I'm Tom Martino.
Speaker 4: Don't forget Castle Rock Homeshow dot com, Castlerockhomeshow dot com.
Speaker 5: It's starting right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you can get there free parking, free tickets, Castle Home Show, Castlerockhomeshow dot Com, Castlerockomeshow dot com.
Speaker 5: Steve, what's going on with you? Brother?
Speaker 4: Steve called and told us about his new way of distributing his beer, and I want to go over it again because it starts on the weekend, and let's talk about it.
Speaker 2: Steve.
Speaker 18: Well, Tom, I kind of exciting news. Even though it's really small. This is a very small thing, but it's a big thing for me and my partners that I'm like, yeah.
Speaker 4: And a lot that we have a lot of beer connoisseurs. So go ahead and tell us about this unique way of marketing your beer.
Speaker 18: Well, I think the best way to do it is to do a speed history. I was bruined since the middle eighties. I'm written up in Michael Jackson. It's not the one you're thinking about. There's another English beer experty as publications. I'm written up in his books. A lot of time went by. I started the brewer here in twenty sixteen, and I just distributed in places like the racetracks, and I really don't make any money after wholesaling, so I finally applied for an on site sales.
Speaker 15: License on my premises, and because of sort of.
Speaker 18: A residential ranch area, there's limitations. So we only have Saturdays from two pm to nine pm six months year May through October. It was weird and good event which I'll be announcing.
Speaker 4: And so for people to find out the location and the hours, let's just give them a way to find it easily. It's rock and roll dot beer. Can you believe there's a dot beer domain dot beer rock and roll dot b B.
Speaker 18: I cluded that domain.
Speaker 5: Actually, wait a minute, they didn't even have it. Well no, no, wait a minute, wait a minute, Well are you seriously are you serious. You you did the dot beer.
Speaker 18: I don't own it. Go Daddy does, go dot he does. But if you work with them and they don't have something and nobody nobody's using it yet, I just said, hey, can you do you know, can.
Speaker 5: You do this?
Speaker 4: And you know they you know, because it costs about three hundred grand to establish a domain.
Speaker 18: That's their thing.
Speaker 4: But they, you know, they they must have thought it was creative enough that they must have thought it was creative enough that it was worth.
Speaker 5: It because they'll get a lot of registrants.
Speaker 4: And you suggested it though that you're one that said, well that's pretty cool rock and roll dot beer for information and he's gonna and so how much can you tom?
Speaker 5: What's that?
Speaker 19: Let me let me make who's important?
Speaker 18: The first time? This year?
Speaker 11: The grand opening is.
Speaker 18: Which isn't I can only have twenty five people at a time, So I really highly suggest you get online. You can register your time in different time slots online. That way you know you're gonna get in. Otherwise, you know, I have a limit of twenty five people at a time. But I will give a free beer to you know, with if you're over twenty one years old, a free beer to the first twenty people that register online and show up.
Speaker 15: Okay, you know they get there, no purchase necessarily.
Speaker 5: This is a novel thing.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 4: A beer garden that's open limited hours is like a speakeasy. Pretty damn cool. To find out more, To find out more, rock and roll dot Beer. He is truly a connoisseur when it comes to brewing and an expert. All right, three, all three seven, one, three, eight two five five. Let's who's been kitchina? Who's been waiting longer? George or William? William William? Let me go to William William, what's going on with you? Welcome to the show. I'm Tom Martine.
Speaker 7: Thanks Tom.
Speaker 10: Hey.
Speaker 19: In June of twenty four last year, the wife and I bought it brand new Explorer.
Speaker 5: Now that was June of twenty four.
Speaker 6: Yes, sirtain, okay, got it.
Speaker 19: We took it in after about fifteen hundred miles, did our first oil change, just to make sure we had where we wanted it. No problem. Five thousand miles later, I take it in for another oil change. Shop calls me, says, hey, you've got stuff in your oil. Your oil levels high, there's gas in it. We pull a sample, send it out. I call the dealership, onto a tow truck to the dealership, give them part of what's left of the sample. They look at that, smell it and all that.
Speaker 15: After two days, they say, not unusual for gasoline engine.
Speaker 5: What's not unusual?
Speaker 21: What?
Speaker 7: Wait? Wait?
Speaker 5: Wait wait?
Speaker 19: What is not unusual for that for gasoline to be in the oil and to have whatever was in the oil particulate? Okay, fast forward. It took a couple of weeks, but I finally get my results back. You know, they took two days checked it. Nothing's wrong to give it back. I finally get the results from my oil analysis. I sent out. It's got a greater than five percent gasoline dilution and it's got silica, which basically it was the sealed stuff that's in the oil. Okay, they show that to them, they immediately bring it back.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, so your independent oil analysis showed different than what they saw.
Speaker 19: They did not do an oil analysis. Gave them what I had left, and they smelled it, looked at it. Oh, there's nothing unusual.
Speaker 5: Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 19: They took about two days checking it. Anyway, So fast forward. I get my analysis back. I sent the analysis to the service guy right away, and he's like, bring it in.
Speaker 18: So I take it in.
Speaker 15: Nineteen days later, they were trying.
Speaker 19: To replicate it.
Speaker 20: They changed the oil.
Speaker 19: They're trying to replicate it.
Speaker 4: So when you why do you say nineteen days later? What's the significance there? Did they were they working on it for nineteen days or.
Speaker 19: What they were looking into it?
Speaker 4: They keep saying no code, Okay, I got it, I got it, and and so what did they find anything?
Speaker 19: Ever, they did find something. They replicated it and they found what did they find? Pure pump? What high pressure pump?
Speaker 5: Would tell me how that would cause all? This guy's a high pressure pump.
Speaker 7: Well, high pressure pumps mounted to the box.
Speaker 5: So at least, but how does a high pressure pressure fuel oil? It's high pressure field pump.
Speaker 7: It works off.
Speaker 5: It is an oil pump.
Speaker 7: It's a it's a fuel pump.
Speaker 4: But okay, and then it's lubricated by oil yep. Okay, so that's where they can change different things. So it's an internally lubricated oil pump, fuel pump, fuel pump.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, okay, So then what happened then? Are they going to put a new one in?
Speaker 19: They put a new one in, gave it back to me. We're bringing it in every Friday so they can check the oil again. Fast forward after that, two hundred miles, two hundred miles, it's raising again. It's still putting gasoline in the oil.
Speaker 5: God, this sounds like a lemon to me.
Speaker 2: Why is this happening?
Speaker 19: I know, that's why I'm asking for your advice. Took it back to them. They've had it now for another seven days.
Speaker 5: Well, you know under the Lemon law, they only get a certain number of times to fix that. Yeah, And what I'm wondering, what about the cumulat hold on how many?
Speaker 4: What is the cumulative time of a lack of loss of service so far? Because when it gets to thirty days or has that been amended, it's thirty days?
Speaker 5: Still right, every first thirty days?
Speaker 17: Yeah, Tom, it's still thirty days. But it sounds like he's really knocking on the door of that limit.
Speaker 19: Yes, I'm knocking on the door of the limit. I'm at twenty five, twenty six days or more.
Speaker 5: Okay, So what is your question how to utilize the lemon law? Yes, okay, it's my question. Here's how you utilize it.
Speaker 4: First and foremost, you notify them that they have failed to do this, this, and this within the allotted time of thirty days cumulative, or the fourth time.
Speaker 5: It's actually three or more times.
Speaker 4: What it means is the fourth time it has to be fixed now, which then you can just say them in a friendly way, this is going to this is going to qualify as a Lemon if I go through with this, what are.
Speaker 5: You prepared to do? Will you maybe get me into a new vehicle, buy it back? Or do I need to go through the Lemon law.
Speaker 4: That's the very first thing you do, and then let us know, let us know what they say, and we'll take it by there, one.
Speaker 5: Step at a time.
Speaker 4: We have attorneys available, but we also have step by step available. The very first thing you do is a friendly note to them, an email, and maybe you go in and see them and say look, you go in and lastually meet with the service manager and you say, look, this is coming close to being called a Lemon.
Speaker 5: What do you plan to do about it?
Speaker 23: Hey?
Speaker 17: Tom, I got a quick update. I just read the updated Lemon law, Yes, sir, and it lowered the out of service from thirty business days to twenty four. Oh good, but business Thank.
Speaker 4: Days twenty four business days out of service is okay. So I think the very first take the friendly approach first. I have this marked in my calendar. I choose me in my log that you called on this day about this, and that you are going to approach the dealer.
Speaker 2: About specifically.
Speaker 5: Listen what I want you to do when you do this.
Speaker 4: You're going to approach him specifically, the dealer, I mean about the lemon law.
Speaker 5: Nothing else. You're not gonna ask when are you gonna get it fixed? What are you doing? I'm sick and tired. All you're gonna say is this.
Speaker 4: You're approaching of the lemon law where this is going to be legally considered a lemon Are you prepared now to help me get out of this car in a friendly way that's not going to cost me money other than the use of the car that I had.
Speaker 5: Just do that and get back to us three O three seven one three eight two five.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three all three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine, here kesrockholmeshow dot com. Don't forget. It's up and running for twenty minutes now all weekend. It's a really fun thing to do. I'm gonna be there. George has an issue with his engine. Yeah, George, what's the issue with your engine?
Speaker 23: Well, it's got a blown number five cylinder and it's a six point two later engine. There's a lot of information on the web about.
Speaker 5: Now how long have you had this? What is this engine in?
Speaker 23: It's in a twenty twenty Sierra GMC Sierra Denali. Give you a little backstory. I'm a DIALS patient and we bought the this car because I have to go to the doctor a lot and different dialysistory issues. My wife is still working. I'm retired. I ended up having to retire because of COVID. I was in the electrical business with Excellent Energy for six years. This kind of a backstory. We bought the car from Omirah Buick, GMC and Denver on one hundred and four.
Speaker 5: When did you buy it? And we bought the.
Speaker 23: Car on March fifteenth, I believe of what we have of this year. Oh, you just bought the car, and yes, and we bought but we did. We bought the power drive train to Asturant and we paid sixteen nine hundred dollars from.
Speaker 5: Who did you buy it from? You said you bought it from the dealer.
Speaker 23: Yes, from Omeirah.
Speaker 5: Okay, and.
Speaker 23: We bought it and we thought, oh, well we're covered. I mean it's we've been without the truck.
Speaker 5: Well, what is this the wait? Wait, how much did you pay for this warranty?
Speaker 18: Sixty?
Speaker 5: So you said, that's a lot of money for a warranty. And what is that supposed to cover?
Speaker 23: It's supposed to cover my power train, which is anything that's libricated that turns Uh, there's a bunch of specifics.
Speaker 4: Any of you guys ever seen was warranties honored ever? These power trains?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, you can't. That is high though, but just a power train, I mean that is way hot up there.
Speaker 23: Yeah, and this is our second policy. We have another car or twenty a different car without any problems. We've bought the insurance policy. I'm older, I can't work on my cars anymore. I'm pretty disabled. I can't move around.
Speaker 5: Okay, so tell me what the problem is. Well, we we called.
Speaker 23: We took it to a local shop because there are no GNC dealers.
Speaker 5: But what is the what was the problem? You didn't tell me what the problem was.
Speaker 18: But how do you know that?
Speaker 5: That's what I'm getting at. How do you know you had a missfire?
Speaker 23: Well, it's actually a bad cylinder now, but how did you know that?
Speaker 5: Were you driving around one day and thought, I have a bad cylinder.
Speaker 4: It's got to miss a significant missing And did anyone tell you it was this particular cylinder or did you just do that on your own?
Speaker 23: No bullet service here in colorado't call that diagnostic?
Speaker 18: Got it?
Speaker 4: That's what I wanted to know. I wanted to make sure the dealer can't say, well, how do you know what you have?
Speaker 5: You didn't have it? So you had a diagnose, took it to the dealer, and then what.
Speaker 23: Well I I had a diagnosed here and I was told that they denied coverage, And I said, why can you how can you do I coverage assurant? And they told me, because it's put on hold?
Speaker 5: What do you mean?
Speaker 23: Well, where's that in my What does that mean?
Speaker 5: Put what was put on hold? What was put on hold?
Speaker 23: That's what they told me. They and I said, where's that in my policy? I said, well, it's it's not in your policy. It's an agreement we have with with that dealership.
Speaker 4: No wait, dealership, warranty said The warranty company said, George, your policy isn't in effect because.
Speaker 5: We're on hold with that dealer.
Speaker 23: Yeah, for ninety day days.
Speaker 5: They put, well, what does that mean?
Speaker 2: Why do you know about this?
Speaker 14: Because I had one of I had a car bought up here, a Subaru. They did a warranty, the car blew up when they left a lot.
Speaker 5: The lot had to So it's like with a health insurance the way.
Speaker 4: Conditions I get it. So you there's a waiting period, so they don't want dealers selling these things. And then somebody putting in a new transmission that the dealer should have done.
Speaker 14: So I assume it's going to have to go back to the dealer because they're the ones that listen.
Speaker 4: So bottom line, George, that warranty company is correct. If it's a brand new warranty. How long after this warranty did you discover the uh? How when did you discover the misfire?
Speaker 2: Right away?
Speaker 7: It just bought it within?
Speaker 23: Yeah, within about that.
Speaker 4: Warning period, that waiting period, or that coverage that exclusion period is to make us to try to weed out pre existing conditions.
Speaker 23: Right, So there's a little more to the story.
Speaker 4: But but hold on, George, George, just hold on. There's no reason to go on with your story. If you're trying to get the warranty to cover it. I'm just going to tell you straight up, it will not cover it. Nothing in your story will make get covered.
Speaker 23: So the dealership told me, okay, we'll cover it. Good, but they haven't done a thing. They're not doing anything though.
Speaker 15: I can't get anybody to call me back.
Speaker 23: Am I truck still in a repair shop?
Speaker 4: Well, first of all, let me just say something to you. I'm going to give you the real, just stark answer. Okay, you're in the waiting period for the warranty, and technically that dealer has no obligation to you. They sold it as is subject to the warranty. They did not put their own warranty on it. I'm just telling you a fact of life. I'm not telling you that I'm happy about it. I'm not telling you we won't try to help you. We will, but I am telling you that in the strictest sense, they owe you nothing.
Speaker 23: I've done a lot of searching on the web, and there is a class action suit that was filed in Georgia, and I'm I don't know if.
Speaker 5: What was it about George, What was it about.
Speaker 23: These specific engines and causing ungers as they're going down the road and National Transportation and Health Advisory.
Speaker 4: Good, that's good that you found that out, But you do understand it will take years for that or maybe even months to be resolved.
Speaker 2: Then you'll have to apply.
Speaker 4: Most people in a class action don't get much of anything. I'm just trying to be I'm trying to be straight with you so you don't waste all the time. I am telling you that the class action is not going to be your solution.
Speaker 23: Right, So they're just leading me on at the dealership. That's what's going on now.
Speaker 4: And now they're leading you. What is their definition of leading you on? How are they leading you on?
Speaker 23: They told me that they'd come and pick up the truck and they would take care of all the repairs.
Speaker 5: Why would they say that to him?
Speaker 14: If they're going to I would just be patient and continue to work with them, because like, yeah.
Speaker 5: But they're not doing any right. No they don't. But why are they leading them on? Why are they shining them on?
Speaker 2: How long ago did they tell you that they're going to come pick up your car?
Speaker 23: Four days ago they said they were going to come pick up my car. It's sitting over at repair shop, and there they found engines. I've done a lot of research on this. It's hard to find parts. GM doesn't have parts anymore.
Speaker 5: Yes, and you are correct, very common.
Speaker 23: Problem with these six point two s and they lock up because of lack of you know, of oil this pistons.
Speaker 5: Listen, nobody, Edward. Here's the thing. Here's the thing.
Speaker 4: I want to just say, Okay, and I don't mean to put down what you're saying. I believe everything you're saying. But the point of trying to make is all of this information you're finding out means nothing. I mean, you don't have to establish the engine is bad, and the more you discover doesn't make your claim more, I mean, doesn't make it better.
Speaker 5: I mean you don't have to do it. It's already established. You don't have to waste your time doing that. You're trying to find out dirt on this engine. There's plenty of dirt. The point is who's responsible?
Speaker 13: Are they leading me on the dealership?
Speaker 4: That's the only question we have is for listen, George. The only thing we're dealing with now is this, do they owe you anything? And are they going to step up. I'll have Deputy d call them and see if they voluntarily want to step up and help you.
Speaker 17: Yeah, George, Kelly is going to get your phone number and if you can give her your number and also the name of the person at O'Meara who told you that they're going to repair your vehicle. I'll follow up with that person immediately within the next few minutes.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martina here three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Waterpros dot net the best water systems, the lowest prices. You'll get great drinking water. Get all the chemicals out, the chlorine out, the fluoride, all that crap, and you will get pure drinking water plus pure water for your home for under four grand. Plumbers can't touch it for over ten or fifteen or twenty. I'm telling you you'll never find prices this low and quality this goodwaterpros dot Net three oh three eight six' two five five five.
Speaker 5: Four Okay. Jr has some, FUN. Jr go ahead with your. Fun.
Speaker 13: Okay so three three questions real.
Speaker 4: Quick he wants to try to Stump he wants to try to stump our car. People so go ahead with your first.
Speaker 5: One.
Speaker 13: Okay the first, question what is An easter egg on a?
Speaker 19: Vehicle number?
Speaker 18: Two what is your? Favorite?
Speaker 22: One and then number three the, stumper.
Speaker 19: What Easter what vehicle has a large.
Speaker 22: Dinosaur eating a small dinosaur as Their easter?
Speaker 4: Egg and by the, Way easter eggs in general is a topic for anything hidden within an app or a product or an.
Speaker 5: Interface it's not just exclusive to, vehicles but there have been about.
Speaker 4: Vehicles BECAUSE i understand this car day and we're talking about. VEHICLES i did not oh there Were easter eggs and vehicles at.
Speaker 5: ALL i didn't know you the answer to the, Question, Tom, okay what is An east?
Speaker 22: Egg you already answered that?
Speaker 19: Book what is your favorite for.
Speaker 15: The mechanics that they have hunt?
Speaker 19: Into and which which vehicle has The easter eggs of a large dinosaur eating a small?
Speaker 5: Dinosaur, OKAY i know nothing about. These have you ever seen An easter?
Speaker 8: Egg i've never seen? One quite, frankly TODAY i found out there are, some AND i have no intention of chasing them to find out what they.
Speaker 4: Are, now do you have to CAN i ask you? Something Ja Do easter eggs reveal? Themselves or do you have to execute some like press?
Speaker 7: Lights when you open a, door the puddle light will will like shinea on a projection of like a pony for The mustang you know things like.
Speaker 19: That mark always talks about His easter.
Speaker 7: Egg which one Does mark has his carglows red when it's defrosting or something and it.
Speaker 16: Farts, yeah he's got the healthy.
Speaker 7: Cushion oh, really, fully they all have little little design. Things and which one has the? Dinosaur?
Speaker 5: Though so which? One tell Us? Jr which one has the big dinosaur eating a little?
Speaker 13: One so it's the T R.
Speaker 5: X OH i get.
Speaker 22: It, yeah it has a picture of A TYRONOSAURUS, x a.
Speaker 19: Raptor.
Speaker 7: INTERESTING i didn't.
Speaker 5: Know now is that do you see that on the main? Display is that where you see?
Speaker 22: It, no it's it's actually under the under the breather in the.
Speaker 18: Engine really once, again IT'S.
Speaker 5: I know somebody who had a, jeep and and what if they put rubber ducks on? Jeeps why is?
Speaker 4: THAT i saw a parking lot one, time AND i saw at least three jeeps that had rubber ducks on them or on the dash or hanging from the. Mirror and then people another jeep owner walked by and and hung a rubber duck on the guy's?
Speaker 5: Mirror does anyone know?
Speaker 9: That for?
Speaker 8: Fun it's there's some sort of yuppie THING i. DON'T i left a mallard on somebody's once and they got.
Speaker 5: Pissed but did you see, though have you seen that duck thing with the jeep? Owners?
Speaker 17: What?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 17: Is?
Speaker 8: It just be for the for the regular jeep style, jeep but now they're doing it For cherokees and everything. Else it's it's something they do for.
Speaker 7: Fun it's A.
Speaker 5: Jr have you heard about? That?
Speaker 18: HUH i used to.
Speaker 13: Have it's a jeep.
Speaker 19: Thing but, anyway the R x the tat the, raptor that's the slab against Bored oh d R x.
Speaker 18: Is beating the.
Speaker 5: Raptor, OKAY i get. It, okay what other things can you stump us? With okr?
Speaker 20: Im, SORRY i don't HAVE i don't have anything else.
Speaker 5: Though oh, OKAY i thought you.
Speaker 4: Were, okay do you have stumped the mechanic dimitry usually does?
Speaker 5: It?
Speaker 2: YEAH i sure. Do all, Right so, guys this is kind of an inside.
Speaker 17: Story but a few days Ago tom AND i discussed this, product this oil additive that he's very familiar with that used to be on the market CALLED, clm and BASICALLY i looked into. It what that was is you pour it in and it adds these microspheres of solid. Metal and what they are are, copper powdered, lead, graphite and some kind of a dispersion. Chemical SO i don't see it on the package right, now, Okay and you, know the first QUESTION i had in my mind was why do? That And tom's response was that he was involved in testing this product or at least demonstrating.
Speaker 2: It and they put it in the. Oil they took the car to the, racetrack drained all the oil.
Speaker 17: Out the car ran for like an hour or something before it finally, yeah before it finally gave.
Speaker 5: Up it didn't even give. Up we. Stopped oh you did?
Speaker 17: Stop, OKAY i never See SO i guess my question is, THIS i don't intend to run my car without. Oil, so first of, all two, questions why WOULD i want that in my engine in my cre?
Speaker 2: Case and two with by the, way this is a product.
Speaker 17: From the eighties and with TODAY'S VVT, i like my Beloved, toyota has AM i going to cause any negative side effects to the variable valve timing?
Speaker 5: Gears explain what you have? Said your car has the.
Speaker 2: VT i is variable valve timing, right tall, screens little holes?
Speaker 17: Things, yeah so a is there any, benefit AND b regardless of whether or not there's any benefit to me who changes as oil every three thousand. Miles COULD i actually cause unintended problems by pouring this kind of stuff into my crank?
Speaker 7: CASE i would, say depending on how thick the additive is or.
Speaker 2: The part it's, well it is an.
Speaker 5: Additive i'm.
Speaker 7: Sorry you know they can micron sizes. Everything it depends on how big it.
Speaker 4: Is because what what it did in the. Past we took the engine. Apart sure it literally coded, it not just coded. It it literally plated the insides of the cylinders where they're not all of, it but where it was pitted and Subst it just perfected the inside of the.
Speaker 5: Engine it was.
Speaker 4: Amazing and then we tried to chip it out of there and it's almost like when it got melted and it was almost like welded on.
Speaker 5: There it was. AMAZING i would.
Speaker 14: Say the reason why you would use it is you never know when you're gonna drop your oil or just reduce friction driving down the road and you hit something in the road and oil falls out like it.
Speaker 8: Happens it's a similar concept to the today's liquid. Molly, yeah what is liquid mon very similar to the stuff you're talking. About, okay, so but it was designed more For european.
Speaker 7: Vehicle.
Speaker 4: Now the man that developed, it he and his Brother Jack. MAC i used to joke and Say Jack mac in the heart.
Speaker 2: Attack He Patrick. Mack that's his.
Speaker 5: Brother, Yeah jack And pat they did this.
Speaker 4: Together and then there's a Guy Peter chun who bought it AND i lost track of it after. That do you show anything About Peter chun owning it?
Speaker 17: Now, no just just the Two mac brothers and their, Lawyer Irving vaughn From. Littleton and they were such old.
Speaker 4: Men they were very smart, men very They they had other inventions on the market and THIS clm never took. Off AND i could never figure out why people would put all kinds of crap in their. Engines but THIS clm was absolutely the. Best All, Right i'll come back to more on The Troubleshooter show AND i will. Talk people have been asking me about that motorcycle accident coming.
Speaker 5: Up what DID i, say? MOTORCYCLE i met. Helicopter, sorry go with a sure.
Speaker 4: Thing Denver's best roofer excel roofing dot. Com you don't pay a cent until you're. Content time for an insurance check up, free no. Obligation in, comparison Call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now THREE o three seven seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real Estate man dot com to list your home With Remax lions three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 7: Two, Yeah.
Speaker 10: Ripped news didn't need.
Speaker 1: Advice who you don't have to come running just as fast as we. Can shooter's gonna.
Speaker 3: Help come. Man this is The Troubleshooter. Show Now Tom, Martino.
Speaker 5: Hello Tom martino, Here welcome to the.
Speaker 4: Show we've had an action packed card day today with calls out the ying yang And i'm not sure what a yinging, is but it was out it three oh three seven one three talkers number seven one three eight two five. Five we also have three oh Three martino three OH c six two seven eight four sixty.
Speaker 5: Six so there was a helicopter.
Speaker 4: Crash whenever there's a helicopter, CRASH i take great note Because i've been flying them for twenty one, years twenty two, years AND i uh have a lot of hours BECAUSE i own my own. HELICOPTER i also been flying fixed wings for fifty. YEARS i don't profess to be an. EXPERT i don't reconstruct accidents or anything like, that but when something is glaring for, example for, example if you saw an accident where somebody was ejected through the windshield onto the hood or to the front of the, car and you saw that the seat belts were on or we were fastened behind the person or not, used you would conclude the person was not wearing a seat belt and they suffered catastrophic. INJURIES i, mean it's not a Big you don't have to Be Sherlock holmes to figure that one.
Speaker 5: Out there are some things that are so.
Speaker 4: Obvious when it comes to, crashes when it comes to, events that people don't have to be. Geniuses, well WHEN i was learning, helicopters there was something that was textbook textbook.
Speaker 5: When it came to helicopter.
Speaker 4: Crashes And i'll explain to you first and, foremost a helicopter flies with a rotor system pulling the. Helicopter it pulls it in each. Direction that rotor is on top of the, helicopter but can move independently of the.
Speaker 5: Helicopter it just does that's the, Mast the mastick is the.
Speaker 4: Stick then the rotor blades are on top. Down that rotor hub assembly is made to articulate or move separate from the. Helicopter so when you're in a helicopter flying through, turbulence the blades, observe absorb a lot of that turbulence and react to, it and the helicopter cabin remains relatively. Stable because of this, relationship you have to have a POSITIVE g force on that cabin at all, times meaning you're flying through the, air.
Speaker 5: Letting that pull them through the.
Speaker 4: Air it's like if you had a string and at the bottom of the spring was a big giant nut and your hand was holding that, string you put it around your finger or, so now that string is the Is it just shows you that the nut is the, helicopter your hand is the rotor, system and that string in between is kind of like your. Mast, okay the mast is not, flexible but it does allow for the rotor to kind of move. Independently with these series of rods and, joints it moves. Independently trust me WHEN i tell you that the reason POSITIVE g force is. Needed what is a POSITIVE g Force, okay if you're going really fast, forward you have backward pressure on. You if you were in a jet, plane that backward pressure is A g. Force, now if you climb straight, up you'd have THAT g force pushing everything. Down if you were, diving you would have THAT g force on. You the time you don't have A g, force when it's called negative g's would be. This that jet goes straight up in the, air then makes a little mountain over to dive. Down you know that the top of the, arc and in that short time it's at the top of the arc and it. Falls that's negative. G's that's where you feel like you're floating out of your. Seat that's different than a POSITIVE. G a POSITIVE g cements you to your. SEAT a NEGATIVE g lifts you up because at that, moment the helicopter is dropping or the aircraft is dropping faster than, you so you raise up out of the.
Speaker 5: Seat that's what causes a NEGATIVE.
Speaker 4: G at that, point you're weightless because the helicopter is dropping beneath.
Speaker 5: You but because you have a seat.
Speaker 4: Belt you don't hit the. Ceiling you have a seat, belt it keeps you in the. Seat if you took the seat belt, off you'd float out of the. Seat that would be a NEGATIVE.
Speaker 5: G on the day of this, accident they were reporting very gusty.
Speaker 4: Winds there's nothing wrong with helicopters and gusty winds most of the. Time if you maintain POSITIVE g forces on the. Helicopter that means when you feel a gust, coming you don't let it pick you up and slam you, down because there's a possibility during that slamming you down part the, wind the, gusts the, turbulence you would be in a NEGATIVE g. Position so you try to maintain a speed and a stick force that would have positive g's on the, helicopter and you go through your bumps and like everything, else and you fly through. It but if you were not attentive to these, gusts and you were at the top of one and then it lets you down into negative, gs you have to react in a very particular.
Speaker 5: Way to recover the. Helicopter or this is what.
Speaker 4: Happens by the, way that's one way of entering into negative g's wind gusts and turbulence that's.
Speaker 5: Involuntary it enters you into a NEGATIVE.
Speaker 4: G another way of entering into negative g's or negative gravity is if you ever took a helicopter on purpose and went up and then pushed the stick over and tried to do like a we bump like in a car we well on THAT, wii that would be negative. G's that's a no no in most. Helicopters that WHEN i say, most that means two bladed. Helicopters so when you are maybe running out of gas or have a bad, engine and all of a sudden you try to keep it, flying and when it becomes apparent you can't fly and your blades slow, down that becomes also a NEGATIVE g situation where those blades are no longer holding you, up they're.
Speaker 5: Flopping they're. Flapping that's called blade. Flap that's also a result of negative. G's so there is absolutely zero chance that this helicopter was anything but a masked bump caused by negative. G's what is a mast Bump if you hold.
Speaker 4: Up your index finger and then put your other hand flat on top of that index. Finger the hand on top flat is your. Rotor it moves with the, wind it moves with the. Controls the finger connects you to.
Speaker 5: The, helicopter which is your fist, below and it flies through the.
Speaker 4: Air when you have a negative g and and you are temporarily not moving in the same direction as the, fuselage sometimes the mast if the pilot inputs pressure during that, time he's turning the hell, helicopter but the rotor's not. Following, therefore the rotor bends down and scrapes the mast it's attached. To that shears the mask, off and the helicopter rotor goes flying exactly what happened today, exactly or it.
Speaker 5: Was it today or, yesterday today.
Speaker 4: Yesterday another thing happens while it is shearing off the, mast cutting off its own connection to the.
Speaker 5: Helicopter it often strikes the tail boom and cuts it. Off what you saw was a textbook. Example there is no doubt it was a masked.
Speaker 4: Bump no doubt the rotor bumped the, mast the mask sheared it, off it hit the tail, boom and the tail boom shared. Off you had three distinct, pieces the tail, cone the, rotor and the fuselage with people in.
Speaker 2: It they were all.
Speaker 4: Doomed now the reason for the mast bump is up for. Debate did the pilot input some wrong? Controls was he running out of gas and did something? Stupid like tried to keep it aloft too long and let the blades run out of inertia to where they slowed down and.
Speaker 2: Flapped or was it a.
Speaker 4: Wind gust that picked up the helicopter and the pilot did not react properly and it slammed the helicopter down into a NEGATIVE g position where the mast was sheared. Off it could be, anything but no matter, what the end result was a masked, bump blade, flap and. Death absolutely. POSITIVE i don't. CARE i don't care About THE ntsp must say they're. Investigating they must say, it and they're going to, investigate and they're going to want to see the toxic coology reports on the pilot and all of. That they want to make.
Speaker 5: Sure you know what.
Speaker 4: Happened BUT i will tell you there is absolutely zero doubt when you study the laws of physics and the aerodynamics of a helicopter as to what. Happened the rot became detached from the. Mast that happens with what's called a masked bump due to negative.
Speaker 5: G's then the roter sheared off the.
Speaker 2: Tail that's what.
Speaker 6: Happened will that show up on the black, Boxes, Tom.
Speaker 4: No of course, not of course not there's there's no black box that would show that. Ever, Never, nope. Nope first of, all, HELICOPTERS i don't know if a helicopter with a black, box but let's it's a commercial.
Speaker 5: One it doesn't. MATTER i know no helicopters with black, boxer let's pretend one has.
Speaker 4: One what it was senses is control inputs and speed and altitude and all of.
Speaker 5: THAT a masked.
Speaker 4: Bump you couldn't even put a sensor there for a masked. Bump it's like, saying do you have a sensor for when a wing.
Speaker 5: Falls off at?
Speaker 2: Aircraft would the black box show a wing falling?
Speaker 19: Off?
Speaker 5: No, Will it would just show the catastrophical. Result so the point and the point is. This there is one other remote.
Speaker 4: POSSIBILITY i doubt it was, this But i'm Sure i'm gonna get the so called experts, saying, Well, tom you said it was one hundred percent certainty was a mast. Bump, okay there is one other. Possibility there's something called A jesus bolt in a. Helicopter A jesus. Bolt sometimes it's more than one, bolt but we call it A jesus.
Speaker 5: Bolt it is the point of failure to where the, ma the rotor system would depart from the. Aircraft so we call it The jesus bolt because if it ever comes, loose you, say Oh. Jesus, Okay so here's the. Thing they will look at that rotor system and see if The Jesus bolt is still. There most likely it. Is jesus bolts very seldom.
Speaker 2: Fail, okay but that could.
Speaker 4: Happen they were flying along all of a sudden The Jesus bolt, broke the rot came, off sheared off the.
Speaker 5: Tail so that is one. Possibility my odds would be ninety nine point nine.
Speaker 4: Percent it's a masked bump caused by improper inputs or quick or too slow of an input to react by the, pilot but caused by either a wind or an engine failure and blade.
Speaker 5: Flap either was a masked bump or That jesus both. Failed BUT i promise you you follow it. Along this is on a, recording, Right My my podcast is going to be here for a long, time and you tell me If i'm, wrong it will absolutely.
Speaker 4: Positively be WHAT i said it was going to. Be three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five Five go with a sure Thing denver's best Roofer Excel roofing dot. Com you don't pay a cent until you're. Content time for an insurance check up, free no. Obligation in, comparison call come Us insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to.
Speaker 5: One.
Speaker 4: Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real Estate man dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 5: Two Hi Tom, martino you're a.
Speaker 4: Troubleshooter don't Forget genesis tootalexteriors dot com for that roof coding where you can pour it. Over they can do an application without having to replace a roof for commercial operations and even some residentials or. Barns That's Genesis tootalexteriors Dot. Com all, Right, so Jeputy. Doc we had a call the other. Day somebody was At Ball arena and they wanted to pay. Cash they had, Cash they wanted to pay. Cash they weren't allowed to pay. Cash they wanted to know. Why they, said cash is legal. Tender why can't they use?
Speaker 24: It, Okay, well according to the cash pay law In colorado And, denver you have to accept cash if there is a person and who is manning. It so in other, words parking lots or things like, that where there's nobody taking your, money you have to use a credit. Card if there's somebody taking, cash then you have to accept. It so what ball arena did to skirt the? Rule or does they have of all of their concession? Stands they have two places in the arena where they will take, Cash so if you're on one side of, it you have to go all at the other side to pay in.
Speaker 6: Cash so that's how they got around.
Speaker 5: It so they do have some.
Speaker 24: Cash they have only two stations in the entire place where you can take where they can take.
Speaker 5: Cash, now what if they wanted to have none or are they allowed to have?
Speaker 23: None?
Speaker 4: Oh, no do they have to have a way to take, cash, right but it has to be manned, exactly so they separate. Them that's interesting as.
Speaker 24: Hell so any place like a retail store where you are dealing with a, person they have to take. Cash if it's a place where there's no, persons then they don't have to take cash all.
Speaker 5: Right, now someone asked why.
Speaker 4: On a, TEXT i, said two bladed rotors are affected for what's called a mast, bump and not three bladed or four bladed or five. BLADED i don't know the exact physics behind, it but in a three bladed, prop when you go negative, gs one of the blades is always in contact or creating positive. G's but when you have only two of, them you get into a NEGATIVE g. Situation, AGAIN i don't know how the physics, work.
Speaker 18: BUT i do know.
Speaker 5: This in my particular, helicopter with three, BLADES i can go up to an arc and push over like a roller coaster and nothing happens negatively. Nothing, OKAY i can do. ANYTHING i can go back and, forth up and.
Speaker 4: Down you can't do that with a two bladed prop because it is what's called.
Speaker 5: Articulating, Now Red, bull if you see.
Speaker 4: Them does all kinds of things that are. Crazy The Red bull, helicopter and that only has two. Blades so you may want to, ask how can they do that without masked, bumping or without blade, flapping or without cutting off their. Tail that helicopter was specially designed and modified for aerobatic.
Speaker 5: Maneuvers it's a rigid system the. Helicopter rotor blade does not, articulate which means that it's a very rough ride if you're going to use that helicopter for personal.
Speaker 4: Transport but if you're going to use it for a, show it's going to be a great show helicopter because that rotor blade will never disconnect from the fuselage and become a separate entity in NEGATIVE g.
Speaker 5: Forces it always maintains positive, g's well not positive, g's but it always flies with the fuselage. Always and that's why The Red bull helicopter gets it's away with. It if all two blade helicopters were made that, way no one would ride in. Them they would be too.
Speaker 4: Uncomfortable but That Red bull helicopter is for one reason, only and that's for fancy schmancy air maneuvers that you can't do in a.
Speaker 5: Regular two bladed problem.
Speaker 24: Rotor, well the Famous yui's that were used In, vietnam there were tens of thousands of, right they were two.
Speaker 6: Bladed were they made so.
Speaker 4: That couldn't, Happen, no it could. Happen in, fact in the, military there's an ENTIRE i took the, class an entire session ON i didn't take.
Speaker 2: IT i saw a recorded.
Speaker 5: One that's WHAT i.
Speaker 4: Meant it's an entire session related to mass, bumping the entire. Session it's a three hour selecture and diagrams and lessons on how to avoid mass. Bumping in, fact those helicopters would be even more prone to it because they have to be more. Nimble so those blades truly do move a, lot and mass bumping. Can by the, way just let me tell you. Something one bump in the mask may not shear it, off but it will definitely ground the helicopter if it's ever when it's, inspected it will never fly again until they replace. It so if you did a mass bump and happened.
Speaker 5: To correct it before its sheared, off like it just bumped a little and only took a chunk out of that, mask well you're on borrow. Time that might be a possibility that you get to the ground before it shears. Off something, though THAT i want to tell you something.
Speaker 4: Is the blade flapping eventually bumps the, mast but mass bumping doesn't come. First in a NEGATIVE g, situation the mass bump comes, first then the. Catastrophe in a blade flapping, situation the blades lose lift, first then the mass, bump then THE cata catistrophic it. Results let me explain what that. Means why would a blade flap only in one? Condition if you lose power to the engine and you attempt to keep the helicopter flying with a thick pitch in the, rotors the thick pitch slows down the rotors and you can't regain that speed. Though the rotors then are no longer rigid but become. Floppy and when they become, floppy they slap the. Masts, well the rotor body slaps the, mast and the blades themselves slap the. Tail those blades will cut off the tail almost every single time if you let the blades. Flap that's why when an engine goes in a, helicopter your natural instinct must.
Speaker 5: Be to take all the pitch out of that rotor and make it flat so it.
Speaker 4: Spins to the ground like those little whirllybird plants we used to play with from an oak.
Speaker 5: Tree so what you want to do is always always.
Speaker 2: Tape the blade.
Speaker 5: Flat Now i'm not trying to be.
Speaker 4: Technical i'm no more technical than an article you might read about. This i'm just trying to explain to you what happened because so many people when this, happens just, Say i'm not flying to those.
Speaker 5: Things they're.
Speaker 4: Unsafe you, Know i'm not going to fly in that one because they fall out of the sky or they lose their. Tail there's no way that thing lost its tail because of some mechanical or manufacturing. Failure it lost its tail because the blades chopped it.
Speaker 2: Off all of this will be, proven every.
Speaker 5: Single bit of. It, jim you want to talk about a catilet. Converter what's going, On, Jim.
Speaker 22: I've got a two Thousand Chevy taho with a five point seven liter. Motor my catalytic converters failed about a year and a half, goal but that was in reality only about six thousand miles. AGO i had him professionally replaced with The Jared Poula's GISs Of approval.
Speaker 5: Cat that's the one That california. Does the Mini. Me he's Mini.
Speaker 6: Me did you actually get to Thank hickenlooper for?
Speaker 18: That that was not?
Speaker 4: Polish, okay, sorry Hicken looper was another mini.
Speaker 5: Me they all want to Be Gavin.
Speaker 19: Newsome look at the hen, ANYWAY i paid the premium. Price, yeah it had it.
Speaker 22: Done, yeah but they failed again, Here why do they keep?
Speaker 5: Failing why would a cat keep?
Speaker 20: Failing, guys AND i only arrived this vehicle on the.
Speaker 5: Highway, well they're saying you have something contaminating.
Speaker 7: It, yeah either any freezer or.
Speaker 23: NO i have no check engine, light so well you.
Speaker 7: Wouldn't but if you're burning a little bit of oil or any, freeze it could contaminate the cats very, easy especially a car that. NIGHT i mean that's that's. Basic, yeah just. Basic you, know catalytic.
Speaker 5: Converters we gotta, go we gotta take a, break.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure Thing denver's best Roofer Excel roofing dot. Com you don't pay a cent until you're. Content time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison Call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose Frank durand the real Estate man dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 5: Two Hi Tom, martino your. Troubleshooter so did we we Did jim get his? Question out about.
Speaker 7: Her, basically but you, know he has a follow up. Question he should have a warranty, THOUGH i mean they do come with a, warranty.
Speaker 5: Ajama first of, all we think it's A i do have THE napa.
Speaker 22: Warranty. Yep my question IS i guess AM i risking doing any damage.
Speaker 5: To by driving with?
Speaker 9: It?
Speaker 22: Yeah you know currently short thousand miles.
Speaker 5: Away, YEAH i mean you don't need a cat. Converter let's face.
Speaker 7: It, no it's throwing a, Coat SO i mean there is something going. On so if it does start to plug, up you could have. Problems so it's it's kind of a hard question to.
Speaker 14: Answer, yeah it's it's really about when it starts to plug. Up the code doesn't necessarily mean that you're going to have.
Speaker 13: Issues but, yeah there's no, code so not even what's going?
Speaker 5: On, yeah how do you know it's going?
Speaker 18: BAD i can hear? It what do you what do you?
Speaker 8: Hear like a tiny sound like? Shitt you know that could be anything first? Time, yeah that that could even be something as simple as a heat shield breaking loose underneath, there so just go, underneath throw with a. Mallet you, know that's a nice soft plastic dead blow, mallet start banging on some stuff and see where noise is really coming.
Speaker 5: From you're just telling to his car with a. MOUNTAIN i sure, did he sure. Did what will that?
Speaker 7: Do, yeah you can get, rattles you can hear them.
Speaker 18: That.
Speaker 7: Far you'd have a four twenty code and that it would pick up on.
Speaker 5: THAT i never thought of. That that's. True the car is standing still and you, start it would throw a.
Speaker 7: Code not that it's burning any, freeze but if your cat is, failing you would have a four twenty, code if the cat was breaking. Up, okay, yeah so you probably. Have yeah, there Like jeff, said is that pel four twenty is a catalytic convert?
Speaker 5: Twenty is the cat?
Speaker 7: Converted has to do with the?
Speaker 8: Smoke.
Speaker 18: Yep, now when you.
Speaker 22: Mentioned theanna, freeze it made me wonder because that era of five to Seven Leader motor had issues with the untake manifold.
Speaker 7: Leaking, yeah, yeah sure.
Speaker 18: Did.
Speaker 5: WELL i wish you the, best Bro. Troy you're calling about s B sb twenty FIVE o three and that's the one that uh basically redefined guns for what's, legal, Right, yeah.
Speaker 11: It's The Colorado.
Speaker 16: Gunman, well you called the gun.
Speaker 5: Band, no, no they call it the, uh they don't call it the gun.
Speaker 8: Ban thomas saves just one.
Speaker 11: Life safety education. Bill so our dear leader signed this wonderful billy. Yesterday well what do you?
Speaker 5: Expect what do you expect From? Polist come, On, Polist i'm not even.
Speaker 11: Gonna let it sit on his desk and picked the coward way. Out but he decided that he does not want to be the, president so he went in AND uh signed WITH uh all The karens in h in the.
Speaker 5: State so what what basically does this bill? Do can somebody actually tell me now that it's, law what exactly does it without? Exaggeration what does it?
Speaker 11: Do, no without a, exaggeration and, really you know it's going to get shot down over constitutional.
Speaker 4: Issues, okay tell me tell me what it says that's going to be shot, down or just tell me in? General what does this new bill? Do how is it different for a gun?
Speaker 11: Owner it requires you to take education on firearms. Safety so this, bill what this bill does is it REQUIRES Uh Colorado parks And wildlife to establish a firearms safety course for some automatic. Firearms, Well Colorado parks And, Wildlife SO i am a hunter ed instructor and as part of our firearms section in the course we just talked about, that you, know, BASIC i don't.
Speaker 4: Care about the education. Part what's what's the meeting, part what's the main? Part nobody cares about.
Speaker 16: Education of, course detactabable?
Speaker 5: Magazine all, right hold, on, dragon he's not getting to the. Specifics get.
Speaker 16: Specific he's taking a sweet time on a. List you get to the specific. ACTS a semi automatic firearm that has a detachable magazine in able to in order to purchase one here coming, up you will have to take a safety. Class?
Speaker 5: Okay is that all there is to?
Speaker 16: It there's a little bit, more but it gets into the.
Speaker 5: Weeds and if it has a detachable, magazine, correct so would Would we're not talking about like a nine millimeter hand, exactly, detachable.
Speaker 16: Detachable not a, revolver, okay but most.
Speaker 5: Handguns so anything that has a detachable magazine requires a safety.
Speaker 2: Course.
Speaker 7: Correct?
Speaker 5: Okay MAY i ask, this and believe, Me i'm not For i'm not a gun nut as far as wanting it to be outlawed and banned or. ANYTHING i believe in in in the in our right to own. Arms but what is wrong with? THAT i, mean tell me what's wrong.
Speaker 16: With the cost of the classes and the time you think it's just a way of.
Speaker 5: Them, well then why are people saying it outlaws.
Speaker 8: Guns it's also going to create a registry for anybody who's actually purchasing these.
Speaker 5: Things but where does it outlaw?
Speaker 16: Them, well you cannot purchase one without a safety.
Speaker 17: Course, Tom there's there's something else that's in the one of the latest versions of that bill THAT i. Read i'm not arguing in favor asking it also requires the sheriff's permission to buy an ar start style.
Speaker 2: Rifle, Troy is that? Correct is that in the final version of that?
Speaker 5: LAW i don't, Know, troy is?
Speaker 24: It?
Speaker 11: Yeah so your first your first step is you have to go to the your local sheriff and ask for permission to attend the. Course so there is no standard on what the sheriff is going.
Speaker 4: Toff you have to ask permission to attend a, course and then the only way you can get to buy it is if you do attend the.
Speaker 2: Course.
Speaker 5: Correct so if he doesn't want you to own the gun and he doesn't like, you he can just not invite you to the. Class.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's also known as The denver sheriff for, example, really or.
Speaker 11: He doesn't like your, looks or you know you got you got a tattoo on your, neck he doesn't like, that.
Speaker 17: Or he's just, everyone or he's just anti civilians only guns. Anyway so, yeah it's a very subjective. Thing the sheriff can deny your right to exercise your Second amendment right and if.
Speaker 5: You've ever seen my, Tail i'll get out a lot.
Speaker 6: Quick.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Well, Also Colorado parks And wildlife currently does not have this, course so they're gonna have to spend over twenty million dollars to develop twenty million developed the.
Speaker 8: Days that's why it's going to take until all this next year to implement.
Speaker 11: This, yeah develop the, course develop the database to store your. Information higher. Instructors the governor said that this course shouldn't cost anybody more than two hundred. Dollars so a farms, instructor IF i have to teach a club our, COURSE i am not going to charge you any less than four or five hundred dollars for a five.
Speaker 18: Hour twelve hour.
Speaker 7: Course, wow the moral is run out and buy your.
Speaker 5: Guns, name but it did not literally.
Speaker 16: Outlaw that just makes them more, challenging, correct if you still own, one you can still own that. One there's nothing wrong with, that.
Speaker 11: Right and you, know you look at history the The National Firearms, act where you have to pay two hundred dollars for a, suppressor that was established in nineteen thirty six when two hundred dollars was equivalent to about a couple of thousand. Dollars so people still own, suppressors but they pay the. Tax those that have the resources can pay the, taxes can pay the. Fees but this bill is targeted really against the.
Speaker 4: Poor, WELL i, mean as one might argue, that especially if that to pay. For of, course, ANYWAY i need to take. Break we'll talk more coming up on The Troubleshooter. Show all, Right Tom, martine you're a troubleshooter three oh three seven on Three talk seven one three eight two five. Five REMEMBER k AND H Home. Solutions khwindows Dot com has painting pros available now as well as well as all of their other Services kwindows Dot. Com all, right, so, uh we have a car day, today very very, busy and uh let's finish up answering some of these.
Speaker 5: Questions first of, all somebody wants to know can you convert a carbureted engine on an older, car they have to fuel.
Speaker 7: Injection that would be a major deal with really, no they sell a lot of kids for.
Speaker 5: That they sell.
Speaker 7: Kids.
Speaker 5: Yep so you can take an older car and make a fuel inject.
Speaker 7: It turns out the manifold fuel pump and some of the. Controls, yeah, Way holly sales. Kids, yeah it's not going to be injectors to go into the cylinder like throttle bodies like the OLDER.
Speaker 5: Gms, okay then somebody wants to know about hold, ON i gotta find a dog on. It, OH i can't find it in any.
Speaker 4: Case when it comes to when it comes to, emissions is it the if the car will pass emissions without the catalytic, converter what would be wrong with putting just a shell of a cat on there and let it.
Speaker 7: RIDE i, mean what what they're.
Speaker 5: Asking is do the cats actually affect the engine and the ride.
Speaker 14: Itself it does adjust some, gas but it's not a big. Deal and the biggest thing is if you can hollow it out and keep your check engine light, off because that is attached to the check engine it is reading when the exhaust goes.
Speaker 5: By not that we're recommending correct, no, no, No but have there been people that have put hollowed out cats on their? Cars?
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah the PRE obd two you could get away with.
Speaker 14: It the newer ones nowadays read it so much that it's going to kick a. Code as soon as you drill that out and put it back, on the code is going to come.
Speaker 5: On somebody says that they read they could chip their. Car they don't know what it, means but somebody claimed they're just plug and. Play first of, all.
Speaker 18: What is a?
Speaker 5: Chip why do you chip a?
Speaker 8: Car, well they're talking about different types of. Programming, SO i mean typically we.
Speaker 5: Go in literally, recommending remember is there a chip that so the manufacturer, programs and.
Speaker 8: They used to have actual chips that you could change inside the computers. Themselves so it's just a name that's carried.
Speaker 5: On so so now what you have to do is actually reprogramming.
Speaker 8: Program and they do have some plug and play where you can put them.
Speaker 5: In legal program a reprogram that depends on what you're. Doing we'll have to we'll have to tackle this next car. Day I'm Tom. Martino don't forget three oh Three martino for, help information and. Referrals save all your problems for, me